Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

Dior Addict Eau de Parfum Dior for women

Dior Addict Eau de Parfum Dior for women
dislike

Dior Addict Eau de Parfum Dior for women Pictures Dior Addict Eau de Parfum Dior for women Pictures

Dior Addict Eau de Parfum by Dior is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Dior Addict Eau de Parfum was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy. Top notes are silkwood blossom and mandarin orange; middle note is night blooming cereus; base note is vanilla.

Silkwood Blossom Mandarin Orange

Night blooming Cereus

Vanilla

Dior Addict

Dior Addict Eau de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

lushnight
lushnight

I feel like there are some notes in this that aren't listed above, but maybe that's because I don't actually know what night blooming cereus or silkwood blossom smell like. This is definitely a vanilla, but it's more of a cinnamon, clove and nutmeg vanilla than a cake and ice cream vanilla. This is the kind of scent that gets irritating to me in the spring and summer, but that I can't get enough of in the fall and winter. Beautiful and spicy and will be coming back out of my closet with the sweaters next fall.

JaiTee
JaiTee

I loved the old version because of the sandalwood accord; something about it was more complex, more sophisticated.

This new Addict EDP is a spicy vanilla creation. I like that there's some oomph to it -- the longevity is several hours on me, which is nice. (Lately, my skin seems to be eating up fragrances, so I appreciate how this one actually lasts.) I can only detect some mandarin at the beginning. It slinks away pretty quickly, leaving behind the vanilla and floral elements. After a few hours, the spice seems to be stronger than the vanilla, but the sweetness is still there -- just in the shadows.

I have a feeling this fragrance will grow on me. And I think I might try to experiment with layering Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude with it, to try to inject a bit of sandalwood into it.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

This fragrance is quite the interesting experience! I get the green and slightly citrusy freshness of the cereus and a good bit of silk blossom with some buttercream vanilla frosting underneath. As the scent dries down it deepens, becoming spicier with a hint of gingerbread, finally progressing into a sweet, smoky vanilla. I'll confess that I didn't think this was at all sexy when first sprayed, but I see the sensual appeal of the dry down. It's retro without being dated. A good bar night scent for me. I may invest in a bottle at some point, but I'm not sure yet. It's definitely a nice change of pace for me!

I think I tried this version in a shop today. It was written "Eau de Parfum".
I remembered about the old version that didn't work for me and it was greenish vanilla.
Here now I smell a lot of leather. The first 20 minutes was leather, leather, leather! This made me doubt it was a tester of the older formula which contained woods. Too much confusion here.
After a good hour it turned to a thick non foody vanilla with a myrrhe or resinuos edge, vaguely reminding Le Couvent des Minimes Eau des Missions. It was better, still not my cup of tea. Too thick. I guess it must be better for winter season.
Only after 3 hours on my skin it revelead something green leafed similar to galbanum (cereus?)
I didn't feel hooked. It's nice enough, strong and probably sensual, but not me at the moment.
For these times in perfume world it's very long lasting.

Notes according to Dior website:

Top: Mandarin Leaf and Orange Blossom
Heart: Jasmine Sambac Absolute
Base: Bourbon Vanilla

I guess this is why I love the new version of Addict so much...orange blossom and jasmine are among my favorite notes, and here they are seductively blended with a rich, deep, hazy vanilla. I've never been a fan of the strong/tart blackberry note in the old version, or the woodsiness that made that one abit too 'rough' for my liking. I do sense something else dark and balmy in this scent that still very much relates it to its predecessor (tonka bean maybe?), retaining Addict's distinctiveness. They're like sexy identical twins the two Addicts, similar in DNA, yet different in personalities. The 2002 is an edgy, intense diva in a leather corset dress, gyrating the night away at the hottest dance club in town. The 2012 is a smooth siren in a slinky velvet cat suit, crooning passionately on stage at an exclusive jazz lounge. Like mentioned before by another reviewer, it depends what you are looking for, but both girls definitely enter the room to drop jaws. Floral-vanilla lovers looking for a dark, sexy, sophisticated evening fragrance should try it out, even if the 2002 Addict wasn't your cup of tea.

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

Reformulation or not, I'm loving this new Addict EDP (I haven't tried any of the older versions so I cannot really judge as to whether or not this was a cheap copy of the 2002 Addict.
Vanilla is definitely one of my favorite notes in perfume and I've been dabbling with some white florals lately so I figured Dior Addict would be a good new fragrance for me to try. I took the plunge with a 100ml edp bottle and I have to say I'm so glad I did! Woody, sophisticated, floral vanilla. Lasting power is good, I only placed a half spray on my wrist and I can still smell it 7 hours later. Discreet, grown-up, but powerful and longlasting. This has a presence that is strong and comforting all at once.
Can be worn while lounging in your silk pajamas, or painting the town red in your evening gown with sky-high stilettos. Anytime you want to feel powerful and confident--in your own skin, or among the company of others.

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

Just received a decant of this in a swap! Deeeelicious, without a doubt, this is a sex bomb (to my nose anyway)!!! Warm with some depth and lightness added with the floral and citrus notes. Damn near perfect, I'd say..

Recently heard this was being discontinued, starting to wonder if Dior is really a french term for "sadist" x: (lol).

All the same, love it! Makes me feel sexy, but discrete about it, not shouting out for attention.

pravda48
pravda48

ORIGINAL: strongly dark/warm bourbon vanilla w/ some spice from tonka bean and a tad of night cereus bloom

NEW EDP (this pg): vanilla floral w/ lots of silk tree blossom and night blooming cereus. Only a hint of the warmth of the orig. but gently sweet and delectable nonetheless.

Both are great, very beautiful and inviting compositions. It just depends what you're looking for =)

RANT: I do wish companies would STOP using the same damn name for an altered scent though. What's so difficult about naming it as a flanker and not confusing/annoying your customers? I don't get that. It sucks to have to dig around to differentiate between the one you want. =/

Anyway, I plan to get both eventually.

Antares811

Third review: I still prefer the older version, I can detect more flowers, it's more complex.
Anyway, this eau de parfum is beautiful, and I love wearing this when I'm in the mood for a sweet, sultry scent. This is one the best sweet perfumes around.
A sensual, longlasting, feminine, warm, powdery vanilla scent.
I definitely love it.

lyciumchld

Dior's website lists the notes as orange blossom, sambac jasmine absolute, and bourbon vanilla. I'm wondering if there was a second reformulation? I recently picked up a bottle and it does not smell of jasmine to me.

fiouu
fiouu

I really like this reformulation, I've been put off by the original a lot because It had that old lady-ish powderyness with the sweet and berry and vanilla. It was too much for me, and this feels more comfortable to me.
This is not a watered down version of the original, it's just different, I guess the notes are very well picked as they radiate as the original Addict did, but in a cleaner way.
The cereus is always there, first up front and then in the background, it differs it's spectrum as the vanilla note comes forward.
I do miss the tonka note, whatsoever.

Chiquis
Chiquis

If this scent were a woman she would be a sexy, attractive 40something wearing a tight red dress, sitting in a swanky cigar bar in New York City... Sort of like Samantha from Sex in the City. It's definitely not a scent that would go unnoticed. I'm not sure it is my style as I prefer sweet perfumes, but this one in quite fierce!

lyciumchld

Big, bold, beautiful, spicy, floral vanilla. WOW! I love it! Spray with care, however: just a few spritzes and you won't be able to taste anything you eat for a good hour afterward! This will completely saturate your olfactory system! Best used in moderation, but oh, so tempting to bathe in because it is so wonderful. More later on longevity; for now, this is instant love. Rapture, even. Dior is starting to surpass Chanel in my heart, and that is a feat indeed.

thatjacksonchicck
thatjacksonchicck

Wow I love this perfume too much and is bottle too.
Dior Addict is my favorite line of perfumes,each perfume is a delicious taste of goodness.
I love all the notes especially Vanilla and mandarin orange they are delicious!!!
I wear this perfume especially in night when i go in disco with my friends and they do me always good compliments.
The perfume gives a lot of energy with is powerful and strong notes,one word too describe this lovely fragrance...awseome i will buy it another one.

CozyCat

Okay, I tried Addict a couple years ago and did not like it...it was too obnoxious, muggy, rough around the edges, and made me feel claustrophobic. I liked the idea of the scent and the combination of the notes sounded amazing, but it was uncomfortable to wear. I tested it again a week or so ago (unbeknownst to me at the time, it was the reformulated version), and was so surprised that I LOVED it! Dark, powdery, balmy sweet vanilla, so sophisticated, smooth, provocative and rich...no mugginess, no jagged edges. Just yesterday I went into another store where they still sold the original formulation, and I took a quick spray, waited a while, and lo! It was like the first time I tested Addict, that malevolent black-berry vanilla smoke biting me on the nose with super sharp teeth (tbh I even wondered if it was the bottle that had gone bad? but I think that is just what original Addict smells like to me). I very soon figured it all out after that, and purchased the new version instead. It is the same dark, voluptuous scent, minus the 'aggressiveness', powdered, smoothed down, and forced to behave more like a lady. The old version is more smoky-woodsy with a tar-like nuance, and the new version is more balmy-powdery-velvety. It is still a sillage monster with fantastic longevity, just more refined and 'rounded'. I find this reformulated version to be more elegant and versatile. It reminds me of Ange Ou Demon personality-wise, both are dark, powdery, balmy vanillas, and I TOTALLY adore both! I realize I'm in the minority here, but I'm so glad for the reformulation!

darksome
darksome

First I smell apple strudel with strong spices.

But then.. what is that? Mint? Sage? Smells like a toothpaste, mixed with heady vanilla. On the drydown it reminds me on some toffee caramels that my grandpa loved to eat - Bronhi, which contain licorice and anise.

And this is the reformulated, lighter version? The original must be an atomic bomb then :))

Shwets
Shwets

Not as potent and heady as the original. I couldnt wear the original for those reasons. I prefer the reformulated one for sure. This newer one is lighter yet long lasting. I need to re try to refresh my memory.

pink and pink
pink and pink

Addict is sexy but pleasant scent for me. I like but I can't wear vanilla scents they make me nauseous. Addict is different, sweet but not too much.I love it! Definitely good quality.

nastyamason
nastyamason

I slightly prefer new formulation of Dior Addict, even though they are quite similar to me. However, the older version is a bit heavier and smokier and the reformulated one is somewhat fresher. I love both but new version is my favorite.

Antares811

Second review: I love this more and more. This new version is gorgeous too, so sweet, powdery, warm, cozy. Very feminine and sexy. Men notice and love it.

umma toga
umma toga

This is one of the most beautiful scents I have ever smelled. I have the original addict and to my nose they are almost the same. This one is definitely more wearable. I just bought it and am in love.

luz
luz

I won't say it is a good reformulation... The previous version is one of the best scents I have ever smelled and I a huge fan of it for years. But it was so difficult to wear... I enjoy this new version because I can use it more.

tonkabeanster
tonkabeanster

Call me a philistine, but I enjoy the reformulation far more than the original, which wore like a radioactive blast of cotton-candy vanilla. The new Addict is smoother and quieter--still sweet, to be sure, but tempered with subtle florals and a shroud of smoky vanillic incense. Leaves an intriguing trail.

No longer as provocative (or obnoxiously attention-seeking) as the original, but still a damn good vanilla.

andreabutler111
andreabutler111

I wasted my money on this:-( not a smell I can grow to love, on me its very vanilla.I will try it over the next couple of days then put it on ebay.

Antares811

I love the older version (it was divine) and I must say this is quite similar, just a bit less complex.
Citrusy in the opening, it's a beautiful sweet floral with a gorgeous powdery-vanilla drydown.
A bit less powerful than the pre-reformulation version.
Feminine, original, warm and sexy. Definitely one of my favorites. I love it!

alicektn

Unfortunately I have bought it from airport duty free, so my bottle is not fake. I love the smell for cold days, is really pretty, deep, spicy, creamy vanilla. Almost like a sexy vanilla pudding. But... No one can smell it on me! I mean, I spray my self like crazy, and I cant even smell its sillage after 5 minutes. I have to stick my nose to myself. And the point is not to be sticking your nose on your self in order to be able to smell a perfume!

vv1978
vv1978

Dior Addict was a gift oh boy not a gift you want to keep. I am guessing it was popular and new at the time. A very heavy scent that will not clear your senses even in the tiniest drop. Offensive synthetics, think RAID original bug killer. Honestly makes me a bit dizzy and I want fresh air when I am near this or any other like it

Elenitsa8784
Elenitsa8784

I have 100ml of Dior Addict Eau de Parfum and want to swap it with another one ... Just send me your recommendations.! I ve sprayed it hardly 3 times!

burakkarub
burakkarub

If anybody say that it is weak than the preformulation, It is totally wrong. Probably you had a fake one. It is gorgeous. It is very very similar to the previous one. However this one has less flower than the preformulation and it is based on much more vanilla and spices. In my opinion this one is better. It also has perfect longevity and sillage. I felt the smell hours and hours only having one spray when I walked on street. Love you Dior.

alicektn

Would you believe that this beautiful spiced vanilla's reformulation is not smellable from anyone? People could not smell it even after 5 minutes of me spraying it on! Disaster. For the price, total disaster indeed. I'm very frustrated. But it's my fault, I should have tested it again before buying, as I thought that it was the old formula.

SnowFleur
SnowFleur

After flirting with the idea of buying this for the last year or so I finally bought it. I love it!!!! I wore it to work for the first time today and in my cubicle I was able to smell it a bit better. I have decided it smells like three of my favourite perfumes best parts all combined. At first it smells like Burberry Brit, turns to smelling like Donna Karan Cashmere Mist and ends like Kenzo Amour. Don't know if anyone will agree with me but thats what I get from it. Love it!!!

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Dior Addict EDP on me is all about the vanilla. There may be some mandarin, but it's only a utility man of this theatrical show of the vanilla. I don't get much queen of the night flowers, either. At least not the type of the scent that I remembered.

The vanilla in Dior Addict EDP has a sort of leathery or animalic aspect, even a little boozy at the beginning, but absolutely not the sweet foody type. It's sultry and seductive, while remaining elegant. This type of vanilla reminds me vaguely of Shalimar Ode a la Vanille sur la route du Mexique. I usually is in the camp of sweet cake type of vanilla. However, Dior Addict EDP makes me seriously considering to embrace some of these sexy vanilla.

The sillage is moderate in the first 4 hours then it wears close to skin. It can last almost 12 hours. I have never smelt the pre-reformulation one. Nonetheless, I think it's a pretty alluring vanilla fragrance.

candieland
candieland

This is a perfume I really feel owns up to its name...Addict. That is how I feel when I have this on. It's like I just can't get enough of it. I just want to smell it over and over...in fact, I do smell it over and over! I literally feel addicted to it.

At first spray, I can only pick up on the vanilla and spice but I think I can smell a twist of orange from the bottle and if I try hard enough, I think I can smell a little of the orange on my skin when first sprayed. I don't get much citrus at all though. To me, this scent sooo vanilla and spice. It is very creamy, dark, warm, and intoxicating.

This is seduction in a bottle. Super alluring, inviting, and sexy. It seems to make others want to get closer to you. I can't blame them. In fact, I want them to get closer. I dare them to. Wearing this perfume is like my invitation to them to get next to me so they too can experience what I am experiencing. You know that feeling when something is so good you just can't keep it to yourself? This invokes that in me…

This is definitely a statement perfume. There will be no doubt that the person wearing this is someone you want to know. The person wearing this is mysterious and enchanting. They are so magnetic yet so elusive. They seem so sweet but looking closer in their eyes you can see a trace of danger. There is just something about the person who wears this that you can't quite put your finger on but you can't help but want to know them. This is the image I get while wearing this beauty. The person wearing this will not be ignored….that'd be impossible. When you wear this you'd better be ready to own it or it will own you!

I am not familiar with the original Addict but I think Dior does a beyond amazing job when it comes to longevity and sillage. 1 spray is more than enough for this one. I usually do 1 spray to my chest. If I go with 2 I'd make sure to spray the second lower…like around my stomach or my lower back. I only wear this one when fall/winter roll around because I think the spiciness would be too much in the warmer weather. I get a good 12+ hours out of this one even with just one spray.

Be warned, wear this and people will be drawn to you.

Repeat.Lynn
Repeat.Lynn

Was not too sure of it..but tried it and LOVE IT :0)

sarah.r.sahib
sarah.r.sahib

im really disappointed cuz i want this perfume in my collection but when i smelt it i hate it so much cuz its something very annoying and heavy , not fresh and floral scent at all...

frag-overdose
frag-overdose

Dior Addict is a modern with a retro vibe fragrance.
The citrus opening is creamy sweet, (neither zesty nor tangy) and
the opulent vanilla, along with the night blooming cereus making this truly an alluring scent.

I dare say, the reformulation is faithful, (minus the woody-creaminess, and subtle spiciness of the earlier composition) yet, this is almost identical to its predecessor and I am very much happy to own one.

misssimi
misssimi

10+ one of the most beautiful and well done oriental fragrances,its unique,it lasts and its gorgeous!

Tiffany4
Tiffany4

I was lucky to be able to receive a sample of this from Sephora. The initial spray was more overwhelming than I expected. I think I've said this almost all of my reviews that I am 14 and my judgment may be different than to those that are more mature. I do find this fragrance to be one of those IN-YOUR-FACE-IM SEXY kind. It gives off a feeling one up from "warm" because to me it has a hint of spiciness blended in with the floral and vanilla notes. The sillage was really good for the first few hours, but I can't tell about the hours after that because I took a shower -_- But it did still stay on after the shower, just not as strong as before. It doesn't have as sweet of a smell as Hypnotic Poison, but it's a more sensual perfume compared to HP. I came across this when I was looking for perfumes for upcoming dances and proms for high school, and I don't regret it one bit. I do love it, but I don't think it's the prom type of scent to me. I'd save this for parties (with older people, not 14/15 year olds everywhere) and nights out, or when we do anything at night when we travel. It's definitely a confidence booster. If I were older, probably around 25, I think I would be able to pull this off more easily. The only thing that keeps going through my mind when I try to wear it are the reviews I see through other sites saying they'd be worried if they smelled this on someone under 20, which I am not going to be for awhile. I've been looking into fragrances for awhile now, making me interested in many categories of perfumes, opening my mind up to a wider variety of scents. When I smell this, I keep coming up with scenarios in my head, all being if I were at least of age to be an adult. I could imagine going out to the club/bar/party wearing this along with my "little black dress" and guys would approach me attracted to this scent and I would be surrounded by all these guys who would be in a trance and treat me like a queen. Haha I feel like I'm trying to imagine some ad of my own. The packaging is beautiful though! Points to Dior for having unique and beautiful packaging. I mean Marc Jacobs can have the young, girly, dainty, colorful packaging, but Dior has the elegant, beautiful, sophisticated, unique, classy, attractive-to-the-eye packaging.

Edit: I wore it around for a bit and two of my older sisters said I smelled like an old lady. But then again, they said that with almost all of my perfumes except for the citrus ones I have. I so badly want to wear this as my prom or special event scent, but I'm afraid others will think I smell too old for my age.

den1011

It's quite a nice scent. But on my skin it does remind me of Hypnotic Poison a lot. And HP is a bit more spicy and robust a scent, while I find Addict more cloying. I specially like the base, about 5 hours after spraying, when the mandarin orange wears off and vanilla takes over.
If I didn't have HP I would perhaps purchase this. But for now I'll stick to my beloved HP.

Tanyaoxo
Tanyaoxo

I will always love this! I cannot express enough how amazing the sillage is, I put it on last night and can still smell it on my wrists right through the next day! When I wear this all my clothes smell like a delicious sweet vanilla, even after coming out the washing machine. My boyfriend loves it, it's his favourite of all the perfumes I have ever worn, and my Dad tells me I smell like sweets. I have learnt over time that a little really does go a long way, I usually spray perfume very liberally, but with this you don't need it. This perfume is a monster, it can enter the room before you do and project crazily even when outside! It is seriously high quality. I always end up going back to it, it's a perfect balance of sweet and musky. Addictive! (Oh the irony)

I really hated the original formula - excuses to all fans of the original - just because there was a really annoying note, don't know exactly what, until the drydown, after some hours and this is perfect... I loved it from the first spritz...Normally I don;t like reformulations, but I have to say i loved this, I bought it immediately... thank you Dior, now I can wear Addict and be addictive to it

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

I think this one is really nice. Mostly I detect vanilla (not the gourmand type) and slightly floral notes.
It's rather creamy on me, lovely!
Good longevity as well!

wendyyparty
wendyyparty

@Margreet Thank you so much for your understanding comment.

I honestly think that both OLD and NEW Addict, though sharing the same heart notes, are still compellingly beautiful and unique in their own aspects.

As an "Old Addict" lover, I was devastated, felt like being stabbed in the back (killing the original) and slapped in the face (with those lies) by Dior...still I agree that the "New Addict" is another gem out there. And yes, a big YES, it'd be perfect if they were only marketed and regarded as "Addict Light"

If only...

jae
jae

The people who call the shots at Dior HAD to know that this was going to end up in some gentlemens' collections. On feminine skin, I imagine that the florals have more of a presence than on mine. But this is the beauty of skin chemistry. This is a true unisex creation. While only a shadow of its predecessor, the development is very comfortable. I could sleep in this. For any man who likes Hypnotic Poison but feels that's too feminine, Addict Eau De Parfum is THE solution. It's extremely versatile and easy to wear. I guess it helps that the flacon is androgynous, as well. I have to display this one... Fellas, don't sleep on this one....

denncita
denncita

ive been wanting to smell this for a very long time. i went to the mall today and smelled it at macys and OMG this smells so wonderful i haven't felt this way about a perfume in a while. it smells divine for some reason i smelled jasmine flowers. it reminded me of a walk around a nice building where they have jasmine flowers growing around a fountain on a summer night. i have the paper where i sprayed it on and i can't stop smelling it!!! this would be perfect for these hot summer nights in california. this is a seductive fragrance suitable for 25+ yr old ladies, i think.... i just can't have enough of it, it makes me feel so happy.

charmedbella
charmedbella

I used to own the original formulation years ago, it was one of my favorites, and yet I stopped buying it for whatever reason. I found out here on Fragrantica that Dior Addict had actually been reformulated last year. So, while casually shopping at Sephora today, I decided to test the new Dior Addict. It was pretty enough, at first sniff, to ask the Sales Associate for a sample. Then I went on my merry way, finished my purchases, went to Starbucks, and left.

After I got in my car and started driving home (probably 20 or 30 minutes later), I got a whiff of something heavenly. I smelled my arm and ... OH MY GOD. I almost wrecked my SUV. This was otherworldly! Sweet, powdery, incredibly sensual. Like sex and vanilla ice cream. Better than the infamous original, which is edgier, woodier, and darker. It left me breathless. I sniffed my arm all the way home and am continuing to sniff it almost four hours later.

Needless to say, I got home and immediately placed an expedited shipment of the largest bottle I could get my hands on.

I know so many fans of the original aren't happy with this, but I am certainly ecstatic. I would happily bathe in this juice! Dior Addict is gorgeous!

mladyraven
mladyraven

I loved the old formulation, however, they finally outpriced me! If they want more people to buy it the price should be more reasonable! At these prices they should not be messing with a great formula!

ditush
ditush

I have just found out today that the sample of Addict I recieved a few months ago is a sample of the new version. So this is the version I fell in love with :). (Yay!) This is a very dark smokey vanilla. The sillage is amazing - 1 spray is enough for me. I can still smell it now after 8 hours and it smells a bit more sugary and a bit less smokey but still a lot like the first spray did. Do not be afraid of it just because it's a reformulation!

Edit: Ok so now I have a bottle of the old reformulation and a sample of the new one and the only difference to me is that the old one is a bit more edgy and the new one is smoother. As someone has mentioned the old one has a slight Play-Doh smell which I actually enjoy and the new one is the tiniest bit sweeter. I love both. I do not see how you could not love them both, it's not like they smell totally different. I want to have a bottle of the new reformulation as well.

Eneli
Eneli

The cowards version of Dior Addict. The older version was so much edgier and more outstanding. Don't get me wrong, I do like this version too but I feel like it's a bit blahh comparing to the older version.

auroramaria

I'm the one who has stocked up with Addict older version and ended up with about 400 ml of it just because I adore it and thought that once used up I would get traumatized since I regarded the new one as not worthy of my attention.
Until the other day, when I decided to brace myself and give the new version a good and proper test.
OMG am I happy I did that, it could even be that I like this version better cause the vanilla drydown is to die!! Very smooth and sooo creamy, lasts more than 12 hours on skin to me this is sex in a bottle.

Save M
Save M

I discovered this new Addict just many days ago and i don't know how i could have lived without it!!! It's GORGEOUS, GLORIUS!!! Its vanilla base is deep and warm, it was made by angels to heat cold winters, to wind mysterious souls....sexy, sensual, with well balanced white floral notes which make this perfume be provocative and graceful...the night blooming cereus is so thorough...
I just can't get enough!! LOVE LOVE LOVE

itsallgood

Today, I walked out of my office and smelled a creamy delicious perfume. I turned my head both ways to see who it was and cracked up laughing when I discovered that someone was me. There aren't a whole lot of notes in this perfume, but the ones who are there pack a punch.

Beepert
Beepert

I know this is sacrilegious, but I much prefer the reformulation! Much smoother and warmer, and projects farther on my skin for some reason?

Germany
Germany

Ok I just bought this new formulation and absolutely love it. Much more wearable than its former kind. It's less incense but still very similar to prior. Wow. Much better I didn't own the first. Or no I did when it first came out and I couldn't love it. I wore it in the winter at night and that was about it. I gave it to a friend because it was weird to me. Not bad but weird. This one is very much the same with the odd notes removed. Making it much more likable :)

Tahasina Rafa
Tahasina Rafa

this is the best thing i have ever smelled... on myself.

itsallgood

I was in my director's office asking for advice on a problem when I noticed she was taking long, deep breaths. I thought she was trying to calm herself down but it turns out she was smelling my perfume. She said: "You smell great!"

Edit: (A few days later).

I didn't find this perfume, this perfume found me - by way of Hypnotic Poison.

Previously, I avoided both perfumes because of the names and so I don't know anything about the earlier versions of each. Yesterday, I wore a little more than usual of Dior Addict and received compliments from the start of my day until the end. That's how I figure the perfume found me versus the other way around. I've tried a lot of fragrances and I've written a number of rave reviews about them. I honestly thought quite a few of those fabulous perfumes were IT. I was wrong. THIS is it.

For me, Dior Addict is Catwoman, Anne Hatheway style. Hypnotic Poison is Selena Kyle, her alter ego. Both scents embody the same woman, her badass self and her quiet self. I know I'm badass, but sometimes, I like to keep it to myself.

A woman asked me if I felt bad for "wasting" so much money on perfume this last year. I said no, I made a lot of people happy when I gave it away (including her).

Just think, if I'd settled on one of the other truly wonderful scents, I would never have found this incredibly delicious eau de parfum.

Yeah. Life is good.

sunnysaintstar
sunnysaintstar

I had the original for a very long time, I couldnt get enough of it. I even had friends saying they were tired of smelling it on me... Sadly they changed te fragance and it's not so appealing to me anymore. I'm still in doubt. I really detest it when they remake perfumes... Sometimes it's better to end a perfume when you don't have resources to produce it anymore... Because for the real lovers it'll always seem like a cheap knock-off.....

HypnoticPoison
HypnoticPoison

The new Addict is not so sharp and dangerous as the original. This version feels softer and the vanilla is more calming.

I like this fragrance even though it differs a lot from the old one.
Luckily, the strong plastic note in the beginning of the original is gone, and it is easier to wear on normal days.

I can still feel the ''Addict''-personality in the scent, but the original remains the true masterpiece.

Longevity is great, 10-11 hours.

den1011

What is it with Dior that keeps reformulating all of its perfumes?? Miss Dior... Addict... and the flankers!! It's really confusing! I wish they just stopped doing that.

jessismithann
jessismithann

... just not as great as the original, still has the strength and lasting power but its just not as great as the original... i feel as if i should put this on then another perfume over the top

lizzie81
lizzie81

Hmmm I do like this a lot! It's fresh and floral and elegant! To me it smells similar to Chloe 'Love Chloe' , especially in the dry down, however it is less screeching and does not give me the stinking headache that 'Love Chloe' tends to do. This baby lasts forever, another beautiful fragrance from the house of Dior! xx

ForrealMe2

i love this fragrance and did a review on it already but this is an update..what the heck happened to this fragrance...has anyone had a problem with the life of this fragrance...i had it for a couple of months and it was like it changed a bit...i know scents can turn but this was really really strong vanilla and it still is but out of all my fragrances this was one of the more expensive ones that use to be my signature till i saw the life on this one changed on me...make sure you take care and store this one properly..ladies..i question whether to buy it again in the future but i'm not going to front this smells fabulous! Definately one of the more stronger scents left out there..wow even now still entoxicating..mm burbon vanilla with citrus smooth,creaminess deliciousness..i think i gotta start wearing this one more again..

windhill
windhill

Yes, the deep and subtle woody accords has gone in this reformulation. But I get more fresher floral and less smoky vanilla. In the original I mostly smell a very dry and smoky vanilla bourbon but barely smell the night queen flower. Very deep, dark, heavy and sensual. While this new one the night queen flower very dominant and make the smokiness of vanilla settled down. Younger, lighter and less dangerous. Even thought it's loose some sophisticate and real quality of original. It's still lovely though. Like she's changed her costume and make-up to looks more modern and more approachable. But in all, at least for me. It's still her. Still CD Addict I once love and i'm not regret anything.

Original and reformulate Addict still smell a lot like arabian vanilla perfumes. I find it many guys can pull it off. So not only for ladies but totally good fragrance for men too.

xclairabellax
xclairabellax

I have an original version of this and the eau fraiche from 2004.(As well as all the others lol)

I sampled this today and for me this lies somewhere in between the original and the eau fraiche from 2004(which I prefer for daytime use).

Its definatly a gorgeous scent and you can tell its Addict, but for us lovers of the original its a sad time indeed.

Elysia
Elysia

I do not know the original version of this perfume, so I review the new one. It doesn't happen to me often that i go from hate to love with a scent. When I smelled this in the bottle I liked it a lot but after trying it on my skin, I was disappointed and rubbed it off. The remains of the scent then seduced me and I gave it another try. For the first few seconds I still found it strange but the drydown is lovely and for me it is an extraordinary scent too, I cannot compare it to another. It's rich and luxurious, warm but the spiciness makes it playful and mystical as well. In my opinioon it works better in the colder weather and/or night. Longevity and sillage are good too.

Trishness
Trishness

I think I'm a DIOR girl since all my fragrance purchases in the last twenty years have been from this line. Poison, Dolce Vita and now Addict. I was given Addict2 for a Christmas gift and I loved that but it was much lighter. Addict is not for the faint of heart but carries such richness.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I love this. I mean I really, really, really love this!!!!!! I am a guy who likes to wear men's and women's fragrances but I'm picky with both. I don't go for anything too boring or ordinary. I always look for something special in every scent I'm drawn to. Everything I love about a ladies fragrance that is totally wearable by a man is wrapped up in this gem. It's edgy and sophisticated and when you wear it you can feel an aura of something wonderful enveloping your senses. It's irresistible. I feel incredibly confident when I'm sporting this. Like I'm ready to take on the world. I am a huge vanilla lover and this perfume does it really well. I could wear this every single day and never get tired of it. One of my absolute favorites!

Margreet
Margreet

It is true that this one differs from the original one but I don't want to think about it because it still remains the sexy, sweet and characteristic addict wave. It is almost the same scent and the same good imho. Still getting plenty of compliments on this one.
Dior is a little bit going crazy with all these changes. Well, I try, if I like and people like it on my, I still go for it... I don't mind slight changes in notes. As long as addict and Hypnotic Poison stay at the market ;)

EDIT: I am sorry, "slightly" different notes, I just check it again and there are totally different notes. It is amazing that even tho, we receive almost the same scent. Actually I wish they kept Addict original and released this one as addict "light". Everyone would be happy :)

lassie172
lassie172

i want my beloved original one!!!!

Takhaet
Takhaet

I really really like this one ....
The original Addict was too much for me - too smoky , too woody and was giving me a headache.

This new version though is all i need- lovely velvety vanilla(lots and lots iof it exactly how I like it) some flowers in the background and a tiny little bit of incense (its not in pyramid but I can smell it on my skin)mixed with orange .

I find it very cozy and comforting.

I understand the fans of the original Addict as it has been stripped completely to create this eau de parfum but when it comes to me- I finally got to like the Addict ...

Di_berry
Di_berry

I´m really inloved with the original Addict, I bought on line another flacon and they delivered this one... My godness this is just a watered version of the original, it´s the INCOMPLETE VERSION of my beloved Addict... I get too much vanilla and the woods were changed by spices or cinnamon... It´s not bad, but surely nothing like the other. And lastly I must say it lasts half time the original addict...
It reminds me a little bit to L by Lolita Lempicka!

sallyjwong
sallyjwong

This smells absolutely yummy! It is the perfect winter scent for a holiday evening party. One spritz is enough as it is very potent. I also spray it on my scarf and wrap it around my neck. It smells more floral and vanilla-y on fabric than it does on skin. The mandarin also lingers longer on fabric than on skin. On my skin, it dries down to a more powdery vanilla smell. I actually like the new formulation much better. The mandarin note makes it smell much fresher, less jammy/woody, than the original.

AnnabelLee

After a long hesitation I took a chance and finally blind bought this reformulation as new testers aren't available in my city yet. And I'm so glad I did! The smokey vainilla and the lovely silk tree blossom are still there to delight me. The opening is slightly different, with a bit sharper mandarin orange note, but keeps its quirky "medicinal" identity -which I love. Some woods may be missing in the drydown, though. As a huge fan of the original I recommend Addict-addicts give this a try.

orchid_84
orchid_84

The pre-reformulation Addict is one of my favorite fragrances, so I was a little apprehensive about what this version was going to smell like. It’s definitely still Addict, but there’s no denying it’s been watered-down.

I never smelled citrus (nor anything else fruity) in the original. The same is true here. I find the original to be a very woody fragrance, with the mildly-sweet vanilla playing a supporting role to smooth and warm the darker elements. The original is also strongly medicinal and spicy, especially in the first hour or so of wear. The overall composition in the reformulated version is still much the same, but it is lighter, smoother, and softer. There seems to be more emphasis on the florals – it’s less dark, less spicy, less edgy. That unapologetically harsh, bitter-green opening in the original Addict has been toned down a lot, which will be a positive for those who disliked that aspect of the original. This is a more easily wearable version of Addict, with the caveat being that it’s not quite as memorable or as in-your-face. You may see that as either a pro or a con, depending on your opinion of the original.

As a stand-alone fragrance, I still love this. However, I do prefer Addict pre-reformulation and will treasure my current bottle in all its oakmoss-laden glory. And although it’s unrelated to the scent itself, I also prefer the previous bottle. The deep-blue, almost-black bottle looked much sleeker and more elegant without the clunky gold ring interrupting the flow.

katierichardson
katierichardson

I thought I would love this perfume because of the vanilla notes so I tried it out today. Unfortunately it smells like cigarette smoke to me.

JSC
JSC

I just purchased this today after sampling everything under the sun for the last year (no joke!).

I am not a fruity nor floral kinda girl and I fell in love with Addict because it is a grown up vanilla with a little spicy kick, has great staying power and is not being worn by every woman you come across (flowerbomb, angel etc etc).

Unique, comforting warm smell that lasts and lasts..what more could I want?!

I feel this is a scent for a woman....it doesn't have a young vibe to it...but its not gramma either...confident sexy woman ;).

Snuffeltje
Snuffeltje

edit :
I also find this fragrance woody!
(I don't know why there isn't woody on the list)
If I spray it on my scarf, it smells mysterious like incense.
It also reminds me sometimes of carrots, just a tiny bit.

I'm going to buy 1 for my grandma for christmass, I know she will love it as much as I do because of the vanilla.

Oh, plus,
if you ever wanna drink something that almost smells identical to this perfume, I would recommend "Mastika".
It is very carrot-like and one of my favorite liquors!
very yummy, so it is a big plus.

Giselle Viz
Giselle Viz

WARM AND COZY
This perfume is perfect for a cold and breezy night. (or anytime) I was at a party last night and I kept on getting whiffs of this amazing Addict perfume I had sprayed on for the first time. I couln't get enough of it. I smelled bourbon, vanilla, sweet and perfect spices. What a gem. I adore it!

Christian Dior didn't make the wisest choice when they decided to reformulate and re-package some of their best sellers. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the original Dior Addict, and they should have left it alone.

I'm pleased to still be able to detect the smoky vanilla accord in this 2012 Addict release. At least there was one note in this composition they decided to keep. It's still a sensual and dark fragrance, however a lot of the complexity from the original is missing in this version.

The original Dior Addict was much thicker and more daring, whereas this weaker version is more likely to appeal to the average consumer. It's less likely to become offensive to others, and is also easy to wear casually or during the daytime.

Personally, I prefer the darker, more animalistic original from 2002. I have fond memories of dancing around in nightclubs, clouded in a smoky vanilla, tonka bean and blackberry aroma. The newer Dior Addict is far too subdued. It's lacking that 'wow factor'.

Unfortunately it's a very basic creamy vanilla and mandarin orange blend, somewhat linear on the skin. It doesn't smell like a perfume any more. I wouldn't be surprised if someone mistook it for a lotion or shower gel. The projection is weak and disappointing.

I want the original Dior Addict back!

akats
akats

This is just vanilla and citrus. It has nothing to do with the perfume I had smelled on my friends and on my skin, as I had tested it many times. It remind me of Boucheron's Trouble until its dry down. If I did not know the original, I would love it. But, I remember a dark vanilic perfume with a spiced twist and narcotic florals and this, is not that one....

AMDs44
AMDs44

So 3 days ago I went to Sephora and bought Alien essence absolue, I didn't feel that it suits me right now so I went back to them to give it back but they refused and said that I can only exchange !! so I had to get this one, I went to the store that had the original thinking that they might can take mine and give me the original but unfortunately they had a system and it didn't work.

nearfantastica
nearfantastica

I have this and I had the reformulation..although both are beautiful and both render me compliments, there definately IS something missing from this one...well just look, down from nine (?) ingredients in the original to four. Four? Really? It does smell similar to its predecessor but to me, the missing depth is really noticeable and I regret now purchasing this. But there are no originals to be had in my area because product turnover rate where I live is astronomical! I will finish off this bottle, it is a good winter fragrance and what better time of year to use it up but unless they reformulate to the original recipe, I am NOT buying this again :( My beloved Chantilly smells richer than this :(

s_athena
s_athena

I've posted my thoughts on the original before. I heard about the reformulation and got scared so I searched for the original through eBay. I found someone selling testers (an international seller using stock photos - should have been a red flag but oh well) and purchased what in the picture was the original. By the time the package arrived three weeks later it was too late to leave a negative review - the turnlock sprayer was loose and the gold rim was broken. Yes, the gold rim. They had sold me the original and sent me a tester of the reformulation! So I tested it to see if the reformulation was as bad as people said. ALL THAT AND MORE! Just nastiness! Condensed milk, canned mandarin orange slices and indole from the flowers. No spice, no depth, just a milky rotten mess! I couldn't believe this is what I had fallen in love with when I was a teenager! Despondent, I started my search again and finally found an original bottle, bought from a person's home. THAT was more like it! THAT what I fell in love with when I smelled it from the ad in Cosmo back in 2001-2002! The original has darkness, depth and spice with just a hint of vanilla cream. It smells like the sexiest berry cobbler you've ever eaten! The gold-rimmed reformulation is all orange creamsicle with imitation vanilla, and it's been melting on a hot sidewalk for days and the wasps are flocking to it. Ick! Even comparing the juice color, I see the difference, even through the dark-blue tint of the bottle! Held up to the light, the original is pinkish-brown, and the liquid is even tinged brown when sprayed. The reform is nearly colorless!

Anyone from Dior, LVMH or any SAs who say Addict is still the same is lying. Between this and the reported Miss Dior/Cherie flanker and renaming fiasco, I can see why people are upset with them. And I'm taking my pitchfork and joining them at the gates! If you have only tried the new version, and are either a fan or don't understand the hype behind Addict, do yourself a favor, seek out a pre-2011 bottle and compare. You'll see why we're upset with Dior.

For DiorAddict please see my review on original Addict

dioradddict
dioradddict

what is happening?? is this brand collapsing? why they´re doing this? i think it´s a shame... where can i find the original version of this one and addict eau fraiche? the new versions definitly are not the same, nor the same quality of the old ones... :-(

redrose
redrose

well,I bought it first time after long,long brake (years).I must say it is absolutely gorgeous for me. Just perfect fragrance for me,my new discovery. When I asked in few shops about a new Dior Addict,they looked at me like Im a bit crazy...this fragrance is on the market since nearly 10 years...they answered. So I just ignored what a "specialists" had to say to me and just purchase one 50 ml bottle. Took it home and...fell in love with this gem....:) My husband loves it on me too :)

pourfemme
pourfemme

I am so disappointed that it is definitely not same with the original. In 1 minute too much cloves-spice smell. then it turns a little bit to the original but I cannot feel the perfect smell (the original one) which I adore. I am so upset. Is the original one discontinued?

Although the old one had a perfect balance, there is sth that I didnot like in the new one.
new one = old one + very bad opening + cheapy hit smell
omg :(

blueviolet
blueviolet

Earthy greens, smooth vanilla and something that is best described as a mood, not a scent. It's a hater or a lover, it's dark and a bit dirty. That's how I like it in the autumn and winter. Should add I never liked summer scents. Even in summers I like heavier fragrances, Gucci guilty intense and Calvin Klein beauty. This one is best enjoyed in cold weathers. It's sweet but not girly sweet, I have to say I wouldn't fault this on a man. It's weirdly unisex but still feminine. On a guy it would be masculine. I have only recently discovered this so haven't smelled the 2002 version, might get one if I find it somewhere. People seem to love it! Feel free to share your experiences if you are familiar with the old one.

enzyme1
enzyme1

why did dior dicontinue the old perfume then release a new one with the exact same name? For all the love people give dior I dont think it is deserved, dior treats is customers rather badly, their perfume lines are a bit of a mess, when I look at the J'adore collection I just back away, because I am not interested in wading through all the flankers and disasters for the one I actually do like.
as for the fragrance it is really rather nice, a good vanilla scent, but it is just like victoria beckham quality now, and with the same hoard of slightly different versions, just no.

molli1
molli1

Great color and good functional bottle. I love the vanilla scent, it is warm and comforting. I don't like 'floral' scents much, so this scent suits me and is strong and lasting.

whiten

I don't believe these are the only notes in this perfume... tonka? where is tonka and orange? or something citrus y like it...

ForrealMe2

I never had the older versions of this before their reformulations so i can't speak on what it smelled like before...but i did buy this version and WOW...this is one of my top 5 i so love this the vanilla in this perfume is to the extreme..its sillage is wonderful..this is a bourbon vanilla citrus scent..the bourbon vanilla they use is what i believe is one of Dior's signature notes that stand out in most of their perfumes when it comes to Dior Addict & especially the Poison line..it is so long lasting..extremely long lasting where i can smell it on my clothes for days and the bottle is gorgeous!Cobalt blue where you can twist the top and don't have to worry about loosing the cap.This is as good as perfume gets..it has class and beauty and screams notice me..it is such a attention driven scent. I almost gave up on the Dior line with their reformulations because of how much the original Poison has changed..i went specifically to buy Poison with high hopes but it doesn't smell the way i remember even my mother wearing it, but i decided to give them another chance and tested them all again...and i wasn't dissappointed..there is a variety for all...Dior Addict is the more intense night version of the Addict line..the next two are very different with one smelling like a fresh grapefruit citrus scent which i really do like that one and the next a fresh rose scent. It is up to your tastes..all quite enjoyable..I love Dior Addict and Miss Dior Le Parfume...at this point i think Dior Addict is stronger than Miss Dior Le Parfum..which is shocking because i bought Miss Dior Le Parfum so that it would last longer but i am still new to the fragrance..as of what i know now it does last long but Dior Addict just seems more intense perhaps its because of the bourbon vanilla note used.. but to me both scents are so strong,beautiful and different they will remain in my top list of perfumes...i don't think i will ever go without Dior Addict it is just too special..LOVE IT!

Lookin4Happy
Lookin4Happy

So, I smelled the Dior Addict with the gold banded bottle last night at Nordstrom's. I'd say that Dior did a fairly decent job of hitting the main heart note of the fragrance, which is very recognizable, if you are familiar with the pre-reformulated version. However, it is VERY obvious that it is NOT the same fragrance.

The biggest difference I noticed between the two is the lack of woodsiness. The original smells very vanillic with dry woods and a slightly luscious fruitiness.

The newer version smells similarly vanillic, but the vanilla is not as deep and dark. As if it is a watered down vanilla....rather like imitation vanilla flavor versus real, vanilla extract in the baking aisle. Of course, the cereus flower is the note that is most pronounced and long lived. I believe it is the only tie that truly connects the two fragrances in one's mind.

Really, I wish that Dior had just made a new fragrance for us, with a new bottle, and a new name. All the flankers and reformulations are so confusing.

Mariamaija Amélie
Mariamaija Amélie

Why change perfection? I don't get it. I absolutely adored the original

sweetgirl

the notes...showing on this version...: ARE just a few notes or rough draft estimate of what it contains...the scent was just refreshed...so the notes are NOT all listed..go back to the ORIGINAL..to get more depth...its the same ...maybe they just added more mandarin or orange blossom..that it and its the same.

mimi88

how can it be the same smell if the notes are different? yes they can smell alike, like miss dior cherie and miss dior (new version), but i can say that in this case miss dior has worse sillage and worse opening of the notes, worse staying power and some kind of cheapy smelling strange "unisex" base after the middle notes fades away, while the old version not. maybe it's some kind of trying to save on perfume ingredients

lili1912

To add to my comments (below): Perhaps those that have the "old" bottle without the gold ring: how long have you had it? Some perfumes DO change ever so slightly after a while no matter how well you store them (not a bad thing, some smell better after aging, some smell worse, to each his own).
... This might be why some think it's different?

YUM.
Have smelled both.
The are the SAME to my nose.
IF (and this is a big "if") I was forced to "find" a difference, I'd say the newer one is more creamy and pleasant. But honestly, it's a stretch, they really are same.
BUT, I'm not an expert... Though I am a perfume addict and collect many. Perhaps other noses can pick out subtle differences, however I don't think the masses should be upset over this..... still delicious!
FYI - I tried to compare initial spray, dry down, everything... did one on one arm, and the other on other arm (store had both testers).

whiten

hmm,I smelled addict from this bottle too, in general I liked it. however, if I remember correctly the "bottle change" was before 2012 so I don't know if the tester I tried was 2012 version or something older... but seriously dior, why are you changing you best-sellers? why are you discontinuing my beloved addict eau fraiche? thierry wasser's versions are waaay better than the sweet-immature addict to life and if the same thing happens to addict, it will be very unfortunate and it will probably be my last straw, I won't be getting attached or even buy any dior scent ever again. don't go further dior, please? :)

daisymargueritte
daisymargueritte

There around 25 reviews for this perfume. Most of them complain that this reformulation has nothing to do with the original Addict. HOW COME 52 votes say that this perfume is similar to the original Addict?? Zoka, are you there?

mimi88

Dior, what you are doing??????? i thought about it as a bad dream after reformulating my beloved miss dior cherie, that one shitty day it will come addict turn..but god tell us WHY?? there are so many ppl who loves original addict, so i don't see the point, if you wanted new addicted buyers it would be enoug to launch new commercial!!!!!! Dior, you've just broken my heart again..

sweetgirl

i actually think this 2012 bottle ..is fresher..but same scent as 2002...but just a fresher sexier update..is how i feel ...who cares, if it was redone..or whatever..its a great scent period!

sweetgirl

I own both versions 2012 and 2002 ....same scent , drydown is the same!

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

I already reviewed Miss Dior (used to be Cherie) saying how much I loved it since I had never tried the first formulation. Again, here I am reviewing Addict, having never tried the original version.

I believe this new version is the one they have at $ephora. Since I don't know what it used to smell like, I can tell you that I really think it smells great. I actually just ordered a bottle of the "old" formulation just because of the rave reviews, but if it turns out to be REALLY different than the new one, I will just buy a bottle of the new one too!

In these situations, it's just best to think of this as a completely different perfume. If you can appreciate this as a stand alone, and not a "horrible reformulation", as people are claiming, I think you will find that it is quite sexy. I get loads of vanilla and the sexy play-doh quality of HP but not to the point where I want to puke (as I would with HP). It definitely reminds me of HP, but a much more wearable and feminine version. I really like it and I think even though Dior is going downhill or whatever, they are still very unique in their perfumes and I do appreciate that.

aijucitis
aijucitis

noticable,sexy, very long lasting.

KasiaS
KasiaS

If it's not broken, don't fix it.
Of course, I know what it's all about. This composition screams 'cheaper' so obviously... And I bet the price tag will stay the same, won't it?
After this performance (yet another one...), Dior as a perfume house does not exist for me anymore. What exists is LMVH or what the hell is their name. Who cares.
As to the feedback given by the company - I also talked to a Dior's consultant lately who was swearing to God Miss Dior Cherie was NEVER reformulated.
I can see some people here buy this b***sh**, but c'mon, who do they think they're fooling.

edit: @nattychins: if it's lighter than it's not the same. I know what you mean, but heaviness was essential in DA, it should by no means turn 'lighter' whatsoever.

nattychins
nattychins

I've test it yesterday, to my nose I think it the same scent but lighter. Maybe Dior want to make it more modern and more wearable.

jellybeantree

This is a reformulation. Like Miss Dior that was Miss dior cherie, smells similar to the original but not the same. Dior addict 2 is also gone and it's eau fraiche now. It's so confusing ! I would also like to add that I can't believe how many fragrances dior has discontinued, and reformulated. I hope they don't start discontinuing the poison line. It would be too much for me to handle.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

Original Addict is the best perfume ever...now my curiosity is up..I must make it to department store to compare. I will be back with further review...in the meantime I will enjoy my original formulation and cherish it.

jellybeantree

@sweetgirl if it's the same scent,why does it have different notes? I am confused about this.

mylancome
mylancome

That's what Dior wants you to think like that, see what happen to Miss Dior Cherie.

Since Dior was under management of the daughter of LVMH owner, the beauty products, specially perfumes become trashes gradually.

sweetgirl

i called dior corporate...THIS is the SAME scent as the ORIGINAL PPL...the other 2 scents will be flankers to join this original great scent for new marketing sales...and new packaging.....so relax ppl!!!...the scent will not be changed....and you still can purchase the scent on DIOR MAIN SITE!

AnnabelLee

Dior Addict was my favourite and signature scent. This is really bad news for me.

MaryG
MaryG

Thierry Wasser created the original Dior Addict. I guess a reformulation needs to happen when the in-house perfumer is replaced?? Or is the new EDP just a flanker for 2012? It's all a bit worrying as the original is such a masterpiece...

TheCountess
TheCountess

What a shame. I hope this is a joke...I'll buy another bottle of the old one if I can find it before they take it out of the market.

Akahina
Akahina

What a crying shame. The took Addict, one of the best scents I have ever smelled and changed it completely. Shame, shame, shame. Another customer lost forever.

mara_g
mara_g

I haven't smelled it yet, so I can't say if it's good or not....but seriously now Dior, WTF? If you want to launch a new fragrance just give it a new name and a new bottle , stop lying to people! This is not the Dior Addict we fell in love with and we won't buy this new one just because of the name, you're not going to fool us! You've just lost a faithful customer

Shadowfroggy
Shadowfroggy

R.I.P. Dior Addict

strelnikov
strelnikov

fashion brands are destroying everything they can. all their tradition , all beautiful perfumes are revisited, only because they want cut spending and selling garbage as it was gold. when I was a child I remember brands creating only one or two perfumes per decade. all of them were high quality and well done; today three perfumes per year which cost like hell, low quality and disgusting smell. I'm not so superficial to hate all "sport" , "eau fraiche" or ... but please, stop looking at us as we were only monkeys full of money, without any functioning brain. SHAME on you!

Casi
Casi

I am so f**king sick of Dior mussing about with well-loved, beautifully-composed favorites! Original Dior Addict is PERFECT. Why screw around with a perfect fragrance?!? Even worse, why are they calling it Dior Addict when, in fact, it is an entirely different fragrance?! I'm still pissed about the Miss Dior Cherie fiasco, but at least I was never totally in love with MDC. I adore original Addict & now I have to worry about getting my hands on a bottle of the original formulation. I'm almost positive I've sampled the reformed Addict (read my review on Dior Addict). It's not that its "bad." Its like Addict sans all of that gorgeous, sexy smokey character. Just like the constant reformulations/name changes of MDC. Its not that the Nu-Miss Dior (previously known as Miss Dior Cherie), is "bad." But again, its not the same fragrance and it lacks that quirky character that made the original so interesting.

Do you know what this is like? Dior is taking some of their best modern fragrances to the lab to be spayed and neutered, then mass produced & sent out to the stores to be sold to unassuming customers by uninformed Sales Associates! Why, Dior, why?!?

Final advice- If you are like me and Dior Addict is part of your "This makes me feel as sexy as I look" arsenal, then do yourself a huge favor: Buy a bottle or five of the original while or if its still available.

belissena
belissena

Dior Addict was a masterpiece...Now I'm scared: what are you doing Dior??! I hope It'll be good and has the same lasting power.

Dior Addict Eau de Parfum by Dior 4.20 out of 5 based on 501 ratings and 121 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Dior Addict Eau de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Dior Addict Eau de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dior Addict Eau de Parfum by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dior Addict Eau de Parfum by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.