Designers » D E » Chypre Floral « Groups

Dior Dior Dior for women
dislike

yellow floral
Dior Dior Dior for women Pictures Dior Dior Dior for women Pictures

Dior Dior by Dior is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Dior Dior was launched in 1976. The nose behind this fragrance is Edmond Roudnitska. Top notes are jasmine, lilac and aldehydes; middle notes are narcissus and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are oak moss, woodsy notes and amber.

Jasmine Lilac Aldehydes

Les Orientaux: Chypre d`Orient

Dior Dior Fragrance Reviews

LittleRed
LittleRed

Dior-Dior starts to bloom almost immediately on the skin - the LOTV, jasmine, and narcissus are very soft, plush, and luxurious, and these carry and carry. These initial wafts are like sniffing a bouquet with a perfect balance of each floral note. It's like a bed of flowers was deconstructed, then put back together in perfect harmony in this perfume. It starts to take on a soft, creamy feel, not vanillic, but sort of buttery or resinous I suppose - the amber notes? - and this gives some weight to the florals. Hints of oakmoss start to come through, just enough to balance, but it stays fairly subtle.

There is neither too little nor too much of anything here and the blend is seamless. The perfumer has taken a few simple, beautiful notes and made them into a gorgeous, elegant gem of a perfume. It's uplifting, refined, inviting, and profoundly lovely.

ailishlu
ailishlu

I used to own this and I totally adored it. I was so upset when it was discontinued and the sales addistant told me the next best scent would be Dior Diorella. I think it does smell very like it, but it´s not Dior Dior. I would really love to see this reissued again. I can´t remember what it smells like, it´s so long ago, but I remember I loved it and was devastated when I couldn´t buy it anymore. Yes, I totally agree. Bring back Dior Dior!

fiato
fiato

1976 I was first year design university student. One weekend I was entering countries most elegant department store when Dior Dior was launched and scent samples was given to every visitor. It was the moment of lifelong pond! I would not use any other perfume if DD would be available, extremely elegant, northern forests have a tiny orchid which has this celestial scent, I noted to get increasing creativity and self trust (!!!) using DD. As many of you say it does not stuff you and it remains extremely pleasant on your skinn until the last molecule. Guzzi 1 or 3 had slightly the same elegance.
I have bought many perfumes in the passed years, the first note might be quite nice but after a while basic notes are causing nausea, so I can not use them - right it goes to the bin.

azbeaux
azbeaux

Thank goodness I'm not alone in my fond memories of this fragrance. Well, fond is far to mild a word. I found it rich and subtle at the same time. I could liken it to the difference between a Bentley and a Rolls Royce, the Rolls being flashy, eg (J'Adore, Private Collection, etc), the Bentley (ie, Dior Dior. Though there is no similarity to the fragrances, to me, it is in the same class as Joy (another of my top fragrances). Though it is 'well-behaved' it has hints of the exotic and naughty. I have no idea of layers of fragrance or the ingredients but I have a sensitive and accurate nose. Dior Dior is pure pleasure to me. I so wish they would produce it again. And I'm also pleased to learn there are others who love it too. With all the 'throw-away-smells' that I can't bring myself to call fragrances (see celebrity(!) smells), I wish someone would realise in this digital age, that there is a worldwide market for the eclectic and a huge distribution network isn't necessary. Rant over!!

Henriette
Henriette

I have always wondered about Dior Dior being discontinued. Maybe Dior was more into refined elegance back in the years than today with their aggressive fashion. Dior Dior is the least aggressive perfume in the world. I used it when I was sixteen and it was a dream. I still have the almost empty bottle which I love to sniff every now and then. It is a green flower scent with a powerful lasting power without being overwhelming. It's a scent that would be perfect in an office, during a walk in the forest, a dinner with a handsome man, a ball at the ambassador's. I really really would love to have it marketed again. One can only hope.

Zinderella
Zinderella

When I was a teenager and had just started working in town, there was a little perfume store across the road. I would visit in my lunch hour, sampling, lingering and dreaming. The ladies probably got sick of me hanging around... oh no here she comes again!!! Dior Dior is one of the first perfumes I bought there. I have both the Parfum and Eau De Toilette (unfortunately, the contents of the Eau have almost evaporated away). I still have the small bottle of Parfum nestling in its velvety box. Both are still lovely.. a soft timeless fragrance.
I also wish I could describe notes and layers but Im not very good with these things. I can pick up obvious things like rose, musk, lemon etc from a perfume if they stand up and shout at me, but Dior Dior is not like that. Of course its not, it is too refined to shout... daydreams, soft pillows, bubblebath, clean towels, sunshine, linen dresses, flowered sunhats, picnics in spring... a Monet painting.

guest_Essie
guest_Essie

My sister brought this back from a trip to asia in 1978. I usually loathe perfume but this one I love and I've coveted it ever since. I would buy it if available.

Dana B
Dana B

1976: I had just arrived in Nantes in France to spend some weeks at the Institut Universitaire de Technologie. I was young, loved make up and perfumes and found this newly released perfume from Dior.

Every day I went to Galaries Lafayettes to spray on just a little bit. It wasn't available in London and it was quite expensive but it just smelled expensive and gorgeous.

I bought a bottle just before I left and still have the empty bottle in its box. It ranks as my most favourite perfume ever perhaps along with Chamade by Guerlain which is another story. Great memories of my young days!!!

Perfect full bodied scent that was flowery but didn't smell of flowers, deep - that you wanted to take a full breath in and it lasted so long that you just wanted to keep smelling that part of skin.

I come across the bottle every now and then and smile.

Bring it back Dior!

Sorry if I am not describing the layers and particular notes blame that on my memory and the bottle not giving off quite that perfect smell anymore!

Dior Dior by Dior 4.52 out of 5 based on 29 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Dior Dior fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Dior Dior, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dior Dior by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dior Dior by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.