Designers » D E » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

dislike

I have it: 1459 I had it: 518 I want it: 746 My signature: 74

cacao
Dior Homme Dior for men Videos Dior Homme Dior for men Videos
Dior Homme Dior for men Pictures Dior Homme Dior for men Pictures Dior Homme Dior for men Pictures Dior Homme Dior for men Pictures

Dior Homme by Dior is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. Dior Homme was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Polge. Top notes are lavender, sage and bergamot; middle notes are iris, amber, cacao and cardamom; base notes are patchouli, leather and tahitian vetiver.

Lavender Sage Bergamot

Dior Homme Intense
Dior Homme Eau for Men

Dior Homme Fragrance Reviews

FlashAdler221

I picked up a second bottle of this just last night. Found it and bought it for $90 after tax. Awesome! I have two full bottles sittin in my nightstand now! Awesome! I'm gonna rock this juice this fall, believe you me!

silentman26
silentman26

Sophisticated and elegant. Woody, musky and floral. Strong dose of iris, lavender, vetiver and leather at the end. At the heart you'll find sweet elements like cacao almost buttery. The bottle outstanding. The juice high quality. The ingredients well blended. An upscale fragrance. Kudos Dior

Steleale
Steleale

Every time my husband wears it I want to make sex with him.

Pentecostal Smell Good
Pentecostal Smell Good

I sprayed this at Sephora and I was instantly SOLD.
This is not a very "manly" fragrance, but at the same time it's not a feminine fragrance either. This fragrance just smells GOOD. If I would've had the cash I would have bought this on the spot.

FlashAdler221

I just got a bottle of this tonight. I was lucky to find it for as cheap as I managed to find it. I've had the reformulation before. This original formulation isn't much different. Maybe my nose isn't as finely tuned as others though.
I wouldn't have paid much more than what I paid tonight for this though. Because the reformulation is so similar to my nose and still garnered a lot of compliments. But I must confess, it feels good to own a bottle of this original formulation.
I think this is great for fall and spring when it's cooler but it's not strong enough to cut through cold winter weather. I will however be wearing this out on summer nights. I won't be wearing the intense version, even at night, this summer but I definitely feel confident pulling this one off.
Anyone put there listing after this stuff though, don't pay an arm and a leg for it. The reformulation will suit your needs just fine.

JF Dufour
JF Dufour

Elegant, soft, profesional scent (office), warm, floral and cocoa. Very nice. You smell good !

smoj
smoj

I really can't say anything thats not been said before so i'll make this one a quick one.

A Monster of a fragrance..

Pure Class.

Simply should be a main-stay in anyones fragrance collection. (This or DHI)

gjallen
gjallen

I smelled this cologne at Sephora and was blown away at the great smell. Sweet but masculine and great for formal or evening wear.

SeReZhka.Ca
SeReZhka.Ca

A very pleasant smell and quite unique in the realm of men's fragrances.
It's very much distinct from the regular, commonplace
"fresh" fragrances as it is quite spicy, floral and somewhat sweet.
A compliment getter from women, that's for sure..

sillage- 6/10
longevity- 5/10

Mo12
Mo12

Classy, so very classy. The opening smells like lipstick but not in a bad way; when I sprayed it onto my skin I thought the lipstick smell added an aura of sexiness; smelling it made me feel like I had just been kissed by a girl in red lipstick. The drydown was great as well, I feel as if it really became powdery; the middle sort of smells like butterscotch to me but not sickly sweet butterscotch, more butter than scotch I suppose.

It lasts like a beast and projects very well as well. Funny thing, I woke up in the morning after having sprayed it on the previous afternoon, couldn't smell it on my wrist. BUT as I was sitting in my table browsing the net, every now and then I'd get hit with a soft but noticeable milky patchouli smell but when I went ahead and smelled my wrists...nothing. And frankly that was the best part about the fragrance to me.

jmansar
jmansar

Are you sure that this is for Men ?????
Really ??

toto453
toto453

I like the scent but it is a bit too much feminine for me...

mikedvd5588
mikedvd5588

tidak bisa di percaya nih scent keren bener!!! gw salah satu manusia yg beruntung masi bisa dapet nih scent original formulation 2005 di toko offline dgn harga yg sangat terjangkau 100ml pula. gw salah 1 penikmat wangi, gak mentingin SLP. dior homme new reform 2011 mmg punya SLP yg lebih baik, tapi banyak notes2 yg di hilangkan dari nih vintage one. magic in a bottle!!! 9/10!!!

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

"Dior Homme" smells exactly like the inside of the Massimo Dutti shop.

A fleeting bergamot gives way to a strong "make-up powder" iris and thick, stodgy vanilla and leather. I don't smell much vetiver, or any cardamom or patchouli.

This is frequently used as a bench mark for measuring mens scents labelled as "sweet", but there are much better vanilla compositions out there for guys that aren't so gloopy.

Dandadda19
Dandadda19

I have just purchased a vintage 2005 100ml bottle in near perfect condition. Smell is so luxurious & smooth, but not powerful enough for me. Also my skin seems to eat it. Over 30 hours on blotter/ fabric & still smells good ,but only 3-4 hours on my skin.
I am happy to have experienced the subtle quality in this bottle , but I will stick to DHI .
Please message me if anyone interested in buying it

Marciu

@masak389 - the point is I really do feel like there were two reforms.The second one smells 99% the same like the vintage with chromed tube and collar. The bottle still looks unchanged since 2011 though.

Manny44

I own a bottle from August of 2009 and adore it. I get an amazing citrus blast along side the Iris and amber in the opening. If the notes here on Fragrantica are gospel, then the citric note has to be the bergamot. 10/10. A titan.

masak389
masak389

In respose to @Marciu:

With Dior Homme we have't got what usually happens with reformulations. The problem that arose with Dior at the stage that I think the first formulation of Dior Homme (2005) was that the formula and therefore part of the profits of it belonged to a third, not to Dior.
Dior (rather the LVMH group) wanted to have all the rights (and profits) from the sale of the perfume, forcing to change the formula to make it "own" issue that Francoise Demachy was commissioned in the version of 2011 . Thus the change in the bottle happened to have a black plastic tube instead of metal tube of the first version and so the changes in the nuances you mention.
As I said Octavian Coifan in his blog 1000fragrances now closed “The goal is very simple - the brands want to own and control the formulae in order to maximize profits and change producers after their own desires and needs, despite the original winning brief.”
"When you have millions of consumers buying the same perfume and loyal to the brand, a small change in formulation for smaller costs is extremely welcome."

Business is business...

Marciu

Does anyone share my thoughts like there are THREE versions of Dior Homme?

1. First one - vintage - produced from 2005 to April 2011. Silver tube and silver collar. Smells very lipsticky - the potent and prominent iris note. Cardamom in middle notes.

2. Second one - first reformulation - produced from April 2011 to April 2013. Black tube and silver collar (looks similar to the vintage DHI to me). Iris toned down, more herbacious and citrusy opening, much more prominent cocoa note. Drydown smells like a milk chocolate to me. Dior has removed cardamom from it.

3. Third one - second formulation - produced from May 2013 'till now (from batch code 3S01). Cardamom again in the notes breakdown, but this time in the top notes(instead of middle notes). Smells a lot more similar to vintage DH than the reformulated one...

yuresh
yuresh

@saul.....yours is FEBRUARY 2007 :)

saul charbaji
saul charbaji

I have a box that has 7B02 on bottom . Would anyone guys tell me which year was this please ?

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

I've had the opportunity to try out the vintage version of Dior Homme from 2005. I'm sure a lot of people have different opinions on this, but there is a slight difference between this and the 2011 reformulation.

The difference is there, but it's only there in the opening. Many say that this version has a more lipsticky opening, and I have to agree with that. But when it dries down, they're pretty much identical; the same semi sweet cocoa dry down.

I would say that it's not worth trying to get your hands on the vintage because it's a waste of time and effort. There isn't that much of a difference between the two formulations really. There's nothing wrong with the reformulated Dior Homme, in my opinion.

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

Can we add "More than Love" button?

JustSmellGood
JustSmellGood

A classy, sophisticated, and unique fragrance. Iris and cacao are the main players in this composition. Both projection and longevity are solid. Dior Homme is the dress-to-impress fragrance, while its younger brother Dior Homme Intense is the get-down-and-dirty scent.

GRADE = A

gzalvares
gzalvares

I bought this version in a sales promotion at the mall. Always find vintage versions forgotten these events and that I could not ignore.

happyscent
happyscent

Dior Homme - Now I smelling it properly without any rush - I can now smell the mix of iris/lipstick smell and leather. I classify this scent as understated, not overbearing and very wearable. The wearable kind of man who does not need any manly cues but can carry his own and has already accomplish something -- no need to shout how masculine you are type of scent

*it gets a sour note on me, it lasts about 30mins or maybe the leather note really comes forward and then a powdery iris scent comes back and the leather settles down that gives this scent anchor*

GMK

In love with this "Gorgeous" and amazing scent these cold nights. lovely fragrance a classic masculine with mesmerizing leather cacao trail.

henri345que
henri345que

I still remember when it was 2005 and this scent was launched. At that time i was only beginning my passion for scents, and a launch of a male fragrance from dior really caught my atention. Luckily, a friend who owns a shop send me a sample. I still remember that i loved it instantly and everytime i wear it i have this same love. Dior Homme is unique, and it was a daring fragrance. Iris in a masculine fragrance? Really? In a time where iris was not so popular in fragrances, dior created an iris centered fragrance, and for mens! Yes, this have a powdery lipstick accord, but what few noticed is that there is also a grey cement facet to iris, which is on the opening of dior homme. The scent slowly fades to a lavender-suede base, with some discreet sweetness comming from cacao. This is not a fragrance for every man, but it`s a scent that contrast a classical smell with a modern approach, a delicate facet of a man over its usual manliness expected from society.

sherryberry
sherryberry

I really like this one and I'm a girl!! I think I can get away with wearing it...we'll shall see. It has a very comforting smell to it. I think that's why I'm drawn to it.

asheble93
asheble93

Dior Homme by Christian Dior:

A modern floral that reinterprets my expectations of a masculine fragrance; Dior Homme seemingly teeters on the edge of an aromatic-floral and soft-floral(mainly for its spicy/dry opening and warmer more powdery heart). Its amorphous label helps reflect the House of Dior's nouveau experiment at producing a creative, brazen, and universally appealing scent for a worldly individual.

Opening with a citrus-cardamon accord (which floats just in front of the signature powder note from the iris), Dior Homme has a seemingly dry and aromatic opening, the dynamics of which are only reinforced by the presence of vetiver and lavender, with perhaps another herbaceous ingredient.

As mentioned, the main heart note, iris sits immediately behind the aromatic opening, much like the middle ground in a painting, it is the subject of the composition, around which everything else orbits. Because of iris' ability to create both powder and wood facets, Dior Homme also has a blonde wood tone.

Finally the scent is set against an amber/ semi-resinous background which makes for a warm and enveloping drydown without becoming constricting or sweet.

Overall Dior Homme is a superb scent that would make a beautiful addition to any collection. The House of Dior lives up to the standards it sets, and resoundingly achieves its vision of bringing the "avant garde" to mainstream, meriting the scent a 9.5 out of 10

Note: this review was submitted for both the original and re-formulation.

nero77
nero77

I'm in love!

What a gorgeous fragrance this one is! The bottle, the juice... just gorgeous!

Dior has always tried to go in a different direction and really set a trend for men's fragrances, ever since Fahrenheit in 1988 when they decided to turn the male fragrance world on it's head, they did it again almost 20 years later with Dior Homme in 2005. Dior takes what it is to be a man and turns it upside down, turns the angle, shifts the perspective, so that you come to appreciate it even more.

To put it simply, Dior Homme does NOT smell like a typical men's fragrance, yet it IS masculine. Iris is a flower not used in male perfumery, it is used extensively in female fragrances (notably the butch/androgynous Chanel No.19), but here it is used in a way which, coupled with leather, vetiver and patchouli, gives off a very dry earthy vibe which still smells smooth and elegant. Now this isn't for every man, and many may say it's feminine. But to me, this just smells GOOD, in fact it smells really special.

This was the fragrance which started my interest in perfumery, without Dior Homme, I wouldn't even be here. The first time I smelt this, I fell in love.

I didn't think:

"ooh.. This smells like a woman"

I didn't think;

"ooh.. This smells like a homosexual"

I thought to myself:

"Wow! This is the best damn smell I've ever come across! Pure class & sex all in one gorgeous bottle..."

Listen, I don't expect everyone to like this, but for me, it just does it. Iris lightly dusted in cocoa powder, smooth creamy leather throughout, dry vetiver and earthy patchouli at the base, to me this smells like you are the richest man, the smoothest talker, both the familiar lover, and the dark stranger, the ultimate magician, the boss. All these personas rolled into one. I don't give a damn what you say... what you think... what you presume... or how you judge it. This. Stuff. Is. Beauty.

Dior, Mr. Slimane, Bravo, sir... I salute you!

ahmedyoussif4000
ahmedyoussif4000

another masterpiece .

UrbanGypsy
UrbanGypsy

As soon as I smelled this it stopped me in my tracks.. This is gorgeous I thought.. not the response I had in mind
when sampling scents for men.. But gee it just hits the spot in such an unusual way.

To me it says "I am the epitome of masculine beauty"..
But its a refined beauty, not really based on physicality,
but more like saying "here, smell this.. that is the beauty of my soul" I almost expect women to stop and say "Oh my god.... you're the one..." hehe nah.. but seriously.. :)

..Thumbs up..

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

Dior Homme is a modern masterpiece, a powdery concoction with iris, florals, tobacco, leather and subtle cacao. Very elegant, soft and gentleman like. Takes a mature, charismatic and classy individual who is sure of himself to carry it with charm and effect. Not a daily wear for me, perhaps once a month I wear this but when I do, I am dumbfounded by how beautiful and enticing it is. Excellent for formal events such as weddings or a black tie dinner. The bottle is a work of understated art in itself: simplistic, modern, solid and although transparent, unmistakably masculine. Pure class.

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

My former boss always smelled wonderful (kind of like a manly Chanel No. 5) and when I asked him what he wore, he said "Dior" but couldn't name the actual scent. I think it might be this one, although there are so many versions and formulations of 'Dior Homme' that who knows?

I'm smelling this on a card; I'm currently getting into iris perfumes and this was recommended online for women as well as men. It's sweet and powdery for a man's fragrance, and the iris is much darker than in the women's fragrances I've tried. There's also a leathery drydown that feels warm and comforting. It's gorgeous. I'm seriously considering trying this on myself.

EDIT: I tried it on and was disappointed; the leather predominated in a way that felt too manly for me to wear. Also, I was inescapably reminded of my old boss – it felt like he was following me around. However, I also tried on Dior Homme Intense at the same time and I liked it more – although the Dior perfume counter guy reckoned regular DH was the more androgynous one, I think DHI smelled sweeter (in a chocolatey gourmand way) and, LOL, not as intense on me.

Manny44

Now this...is perfection. Exactly what I was expecting Dior Homme Intense to be( I tried Intense first), This is. Lovely.

Parfumhu
Parfumhu

Fantastic fragrance. Irreplaceable!

Jridgen
Jridgen

It's a different formulation, Seanery. That is why people are referencing it.

Seanery

What is the point of saying that Dior Homme reminds us of...DIOR HOMME!?

I am sorry but that is pointless to me.

Seanery

This Fragrance has an AMAZING concept: Floral Musk. It is wonderful!

When I first sprayed it and smelled it, I could smell a 'Cleaning' effect. It is kind of like when alcohol is evaporating off of your skin and is cooling it but if it was IN my nose lol It was probably the alcohol but the ingredients must have taken away the alcohol smell and replaced it with a scent that is almost like fresh water or something.

Then, after it had some time to dry down, the Flowers and the Musks and the Woods jump out. But what is interesting is that it doesn't seem like there is a dominant scent. They all work in harmony. It is beautiful.

Needless to say, this is a fragrance that is a MUST have for ANY collection for sure.

edge42
edge42

Dior Homme was love at first smell for me. I've had this from the moment it was released, and can't imagine I'll ever be without it. A perfectly blended synergy of creamy powder and sparkling florals mated to smooth vanilla and cacao on a spicy woods base. Smells classy, yet easy going - perfect for almost any occasion. Could easily be someone's signature scent, or reserved only for special occasions. DH is so good that I wore this on my wedding day, and will forever hold a special place in my collection because of that.

In my experience I get incredible longevity from this - 8-12 hrs, and very good sillage and projection as well; lasts on my clothes for days afterwards.

What else is there to say, the original Dior Homme is a masterpiece.

Few other fragrances make such remarkable first impressions. Even fewer make this kind of lasting impression.

Score: 10/10

Marciu

FINALLY I've managed to purchase new, full 50 ml bottle of this gorgeus scent. It's a pitty that it's not 100 ml, but I'm happy nevertheless. It was quite pricey - ~50€ (65 USD) for 1,7 fl oz, but hey, it's a vintage one, isn't it? :D

Now, I'll look for the 100 or 150 ml of new version in retailed price, for daily use. I'll be using this beauty for very special and intimate occasions only :D

Idlehands
Idlehands

I was let down with this.i tried to like it... I expected much more given the good reviews. I get lipstick. good fall scent, but not for me. No "wow factor" here at all. boring and safe.

manzoor86
manzoor86

an old lady is wearing a dark purple gown,she is moving in haste having some lavender flowers in her hand,its about to dawn,she looked back and now she is looking weak and she is going to be out of sight soon,
classic in its own way,unique with bitter floral top notes. . .

LanceDior
LanceDior

Sometimes I find this to be insanely appealing, but then other days it just smells like bugs and gives me a headache. It's a sad story, but once there was a stink bug near me and I thought 'I'm not wearing Dior today...' I haven't been able to look at it the same since. I don't think DHI is the same though.

Marciu

OK, as I said, I have about 10-15 mililiters of this original, pre-reformulated stuff.

What I can say is only confirm what I've said before. Polge's 2005 and Demachy's 2011 versions are equally the same, but they do differ a bit.

This one is more herbaceous right from the start, while reform version has more prominent bergamot. Yes, citrus is here, but is covered by the herbs. And then...

Drydowns also differ. This one is more creamy-buttery like (due to the presence of shining iris) and I guess I can FINALLY specify cardamom :D It appeared for a while, giving some spice to the composition, but unfortunately it didn't last long. My friend says the smell of DH reminds her of cough syrup. Cocoa seems to be covered by the iris at first, then it "takes control" and dominates the fragrance. Leather makes the "lipstick" or make-up bag feeling even stronger.
REFORM dries down to more gourmand scent I'd say. Cocoa covers iris and I swear I feel a lot of vanilla there(however it's not in the official notes). Some say it now goes more towards Intense version - I agree with that, but it smells better than Intense, at least to my nose.

About sillage - both are comparable. Longevity - and the winner is... REFORM. Vintage lasts about 6-8 hrs on me, while the reformulation stays ~ 10 hours on my skin.

And my final verdict is... DRAW. At first I thought I like the reform better, but I'm really starting to love Polge's version too...

QUALITY!

meama
meama

221) Ce parfum composé par Olivier Polge était une vraie merveille avant sa reformulation. Si vous avez la chance d'avoir un flacon d'avant 2008 conservez le précieusement, entre 2008 et 2012 vous pouvez jeter le flacon à la poubelle c'est juste un crime, à partir de 2012 les reformulations s'améliorent mais le parfum ne rayonne plus que 1 heure sur la peau avant de tomber dans une version plus légère de Dior Intense (reformulé).
L’iris, le vrai était bien là, un peu racineux et terreux, adouci par du chocolat. Il était enrobé de notes aromatiques, lavande, sauge, et de cardamome, et un fond très poudré. C'était beau comme un Guerlain, avec quelque chose de très classique, un peu à la manière d’un Grey Flannel marié à Egoïste et remixé pour correspondre à cet idéal masculin androgyne rockeur et tourmenté défini par Hedi Slimane.
(Karl Lagerfeld qui ne se parfume aussi qu'avec de l'iris, avait perdu 40kg pour pouvoir porter les costumes de Hedi. )
Adieu mon bel enfant...

This perfume composed by Olivier Polge was a marvel before its reformulation. If you are lucky enough to have a bottle before 2008 keep it safe, between 2008 and 2012 you can throw the bottle in the trash it's just a crime, from 2012 reformulations are improving but the perfume radiates just more than one hour on the skin before falling into a lighter version of Dior Intense (reformulated).
A true iris was there, a little bit rooty and earthy, softened by chocolate. It was coated with aromatic notes, lavender, sage and cardamom, and a very powdery background. It was beautiful as Guerlain, with something very classic, a bit like a Grey Flannel married with Egoïste and remixed to match the new masculine ideal androgynous and tormented rocker as defined by Hedi Slimane.
(Karl Lagerfeld who also perfume himself only with iris, lost 40kg for wearing the new Hedi costumes.)
Goodbye my beautiful child ...

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Encore un parfum que l'on aime piquer à nos hommes !!
Et pourtant sur la peau d'un homme ce parfum fait très viril même sur les plus machos des mecs !
Et sur la peau d'une femme il fait très chaud, très poudré et très féminin.
Il n'y a en fait aucune senteur qui soit masculine ou féminine. Ce sont nos préjugés qui rendent telles ou telles fragrances pour hommes ou pour femmes.
La preuve en ce parfum poudré qui est très chic, très masculin sur un homme et qui peut être très solaire, très radiant sur une femme.
Moi j'adore ! Mon mari aussi.....

Smyle12

How is Sicilian or Amalfi lemon not listed as a note when it is clearly one of the most prominent, but well blended notes in the opening of this beautiful fragrance?!! What?...

blueberrry
blueberrry

Cardamon make vintage version more sophisticated. New version is very similar to vintage version, but i can finde a few differences:
- vintage has intensive cardamon note (i can't find it in new DH),
- vintage has intensive "lipstick" note,
- i can use new DH every day, for Vintage i need a... good occasion.

This one is without shadow of a doubt classy. I feel like a proper gent in this woody, floral and luxurious scent.
Something about the inital smell that is earthy and really quite unpleasant for my taste.
However, that goes pretty quickly on my skin and the dry down is gorgeous... like a pencil case full of make up...Love it.

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

I'm not sure which version I have, but it gets compliments. The first day I wore it, a woman with her husband was in front of me in the express lane at the grocery store. She told me I smelled really good and wanted to know what it was. Needless to say DH is always in my rotation.

timida88
timida88

I am a woman and i love it. Always attracts my attention.

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

un elegante aroma, debo reconoser q me sorprendio, para mi dior no contaba con fragancias q sobresalieran a ecepción de farenheit q me encanta, dior homme huele a labial fino de mujeres al menos esa es mi primera impreción, mas tarde matisa el iris y el cuero muy sutilmente, esta fragancia pronto sera mia, pues creo q dior tiene bastante mas q mostrarme.

Marciu

OK, I finally found this version in my local Sephora. I think that the newest version is equally in quality to this, but yes, I can see differences.

I don't feel the herbal-citrusy beggining here. From the start I get a strong make-up or lipstick smell instead. This lasts quite a while and evolves into very leathery drydown. Yes, I feel the leather here quite clearly. Unfortunately I don't get any "pure" cardamom note. This version has bigger sillage at the beggining, but has shorter longevity instead comparing to Dior Homme 2011.

I think I'd like it more if I knew this version first... But know I'd say I fell in love with the new version and it's a must have for me. However, I'm glad I tried and have about 10 ml of this one.

Plucus21
Plucus21

I found this one high quality but not something that I enjoyed or wanted to smell like. The iris and leather make a plasticky smell on my skin that just smells off. I have never been a big fan of iris but at least in Dior Homme Intense the Cacao is loud enough to balance out the iris. This is just a little to metro for me and this is coming from a urban, button down and slacks kind of guy.

grampz
I first experienced Dior Homme in a perfume store at the local outlets, I thought it was decent but I really didnt give it a good enough testing. After doing some research I recently raced back to the store to do some more testing (on my skin not paper) and I was impressed. The manager at the store said the tester was the only bottle they had and I quickly understood why. The tester bottle was the vintage formulation (silver collar silver stem) and was probably sitting there for a while. I was able to pick this tester up for a reasonable price with it still having 85-90% juice left. The lot number on the back is 5K02 and after looking it up it appears to be manfucatured in October 2005 and expiring years ago although paper, clothes and my own skin beg to differ as it still smells very nice and performs the way a good cologne should. On to the actual smell itself, I get that nice iris blast in the opening, very natural, some sweetness starts to come through in the background and the fragrance slowly develops. I get a tad bit of spice (cardamom) and leather, which I feel gives it a more masculine touch. This scent is very classy but versatile as well; I can see it being worn for almost anything/anytime and could make a great signature scent. I will be buying a new reforumalted bottle to keep in rotation, I have read that they smell very similar with a few differences here and there but no worries I will find out for myself and be happy so it wont be a problem.

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

This is my re review. The first time I thought it was ok. But I've matured now and find this to be the perfect gentlemen's fragrance. The iris with just a slight pinch of leather keeping it from falling into the overly feminine. And as it smoothes out comes in the cocoa. This is a masterpiece. And I feel like it can be worn all year round in just about any weather. It's not too sweet as to overpower in the heat and just right in the cold. Love it!!

GMK

Some fragrances are just pleasant , they stand beyond the barriers of being masculine or feminine , Dior Homme is a classic example of this... a compelling fragrance to adore. Not less than a Masterpiece.

Marciu

Ok, thanks. And one more: is DH '05 somehow comparable to Dior Homme Intense, and if so, to '07 or rather to '11 version? Or is it totally different? I know the EDP(Intense) '11 version only....

Thank you all.

keedon
keedon

re: Projection is better than The One by DnG, but not a beast like 1 million by Paco Rabanne (thus not for clubbing). Longevity wise too. But these two are sometimes too overated- you can get around it -

Projection: apply to areas of exposure eg back of your hand,or to your hair. logical point here since you want the molecules to leave and not trapped by clothings.

Longevity: spray to your hair!!! especially if you use wax based products which delays the evaporation.

guys&girls, I have a question:

I have a chance to buy Dior Homme (2005) in a good price or Dior Homme (2011).

Which one would you choose and why?

mersilover84
mersilover84

can anyone with personal experience with this fragrance tell me if Dior Homme's projection issues are anything like DG The One's?

CtrlKML
CtrlKML

Vintage is great. A masterpiece...
New formulation is a big shame. don't give money and forget dior homme.

st.petrov
st.petrov

I just had a chance to buy this.
I already have DHI - new formulation and I was looking for the original one , but I found this one - it is the last week before reformulation 0w01 - so it should be the original.

I bought 50ml - but I am a little confused - it do not have the engraved DIOR on the tube,both tube and colar are silver.
I found a little difference compairing to the Tester in the shop which was 2008 versin - so should be the same, but I found more leather on the tester.

I am going to review after some time of wearing it.

silentrich
silentrich

Elegance in a bottle. The top three notes are dead on. Iris, cocoa, and lavender. Top notch ingredients. The dry down has the vetiver and tobacco in the background which gives it some masculinity. Some think it's feminine and I can see that to a point, but what's odd is that this garners more compliments that almost any fragrance I own. I prefer this to DHI.

Sharpnoodles
Sharpnoodles

Holy crap !! This is my absolute favorite cologne ! I'm addicted to this stuff! It smells soo good! It's that cologne that u get and right after u get it u almost wanna buy another bottle jus incase or bc u like it soo much. Original and great ! I LOVE IT !!

fragrance_fan
fragrance_fan

I like this cologne a great deal. Every time I spray it on I feel warmer and a just little touch more charming.
It kinda smells the way one of those early spring days feels like in the northwest after a long winter.
It warms you up and makes the sun shine a little brighter.
This scent makes me feel good.
Go and get some if you're feeling a little down and you might get a smile out of it!

On first application I get something like sweet fig, bergamont and an humid incense-like note that floats between apple iris.
Even with all this happening it is very fresh and as it dries more - ten to fifteen minutes into it - a cocao note begins to appear - maybe what I thought of as the the incense/apple note before. It is a sweet scent and nothing dirty about it - very clean notes.
The floral notes - especially the iris - are prominent in the middle and have a projection similar to flowers that have been in a vase for a couple days without changing the water. It is not a fresh floral note but instead a very beautiful and humid sweet scent.
The scent has a humid effect even when it starts to turn dry and slightly powdery - the floral notes langer as if they are moving through jello.

Even though I think this scent is great for a man I can see a woman wearing it with great effect.
I think my apple/incense note reminds me of the flavored tobaccos they use in hookahs upon first lighting them. Although, there is nothing smokey about it. That mixed with a powdery iris and something sweet and vegetal make this an interesting and unique mix. There is also a light syrup-like sweetness in the background - not maple or anything gourmand but something viscous like a melting rose jelly.
Test before you buy - this one has so much going on.

kaysee
kaysee

I am totally in love with it.
I do get Amber and Iris a lot.
Lasts about 7 hours on my skin and gives me a feeling of freshness and sexyness but in a more subtle way.
Maybe the best one I've ever had and is a keeper for sure.
Surely a compliment winner.

milosz.nowakowski
milosz.nowakowski

Smells of carrot;)

Amadeus_k
Amadeus_k

Currently the best perfume in my collection,woody and nice.
Amazing.

krasi.serdarov
krasi.serdarov

Original and easy to recognize. The association it gave me the first time i smelled it was spoiled lipstick. I shared my impression with the shop assistants and they were totally agree with me. I love it, i just buy it rarely not to get sick of it.

Gileshowe
Gileshowe

A misleading carrot-seed heavy opening eventually gives way to a glorious and incredibly seductive, classy scent for a man who has more layers to him than an onion, without being so enigmatic he becomes in any way perculiar.

torres71
torres71

bcire3k, bring it back and never touch it again!

Marcus Monezi
Marcus Monezi

It's something different, chic and pleasant.
BUT ...
As said reminds almond oil. Remember much lipstick. EXACTLY, lipstick. Keeps the class designer, but try before you buy.

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

I tried this yesterday, and I could say the smell of the scent is quite similar, only that the iris and leather is more pronounced and present than the current version. I've check the manufacturing date, the tester bottle is the 2005 version but the fragrances sold in box (the store has 3 bottles of Dior Homme) are manufactured in 2007. I wonder would the scent be the same, and what most important to me is, would 2007 has the silver tube. Honestly I dont remember the 4 alphamumerical code, because I directly checked online via checkcosmetics.net. Need info update on the 2007 version on the scent and the design (with a silver or black tube).

:-D

itachi
itachi

smells like almond oil. its a descent fragrance. i wont purchase it again. but its ok

firsttime
firsttime

Open with the most-blend of Sage & Bergamot I cant stad for but its settle down still OK but the highlight are Iris, Cardamom Patchouli and Leather that make the fragrance breezy and luxurious!!!

Warm, Smooth and Rich fragrance comes with Expensive price but high-Dior-quality.

One tip from me : Spray Dior Homme with Armani Attitude and new experience begins!!!

lemontreelime12
lemontreelime12

Smelled a tester for this, and was really surprised! This is very nice! It's not overpowering, and when they describe it as smelling of Iris, it smells like the real iris, the plant, not the perfume. Very masculine.

3gecos

@ sweettoothanni well you don't have to be pissed anymore,because they changed the formula and it doesn't smell the same anymore:)

zouve
zouve

long lasting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3gecos

robes08 said it best when he said CLASS IN A BOTTLE!In my opinion this is the perfect representative smell for the serious successful business man who is always accompanied by his beautiful elegant wife...i think that the perfume owners will get the analogy.I'm talking about the original formulation because the newer one i haven't smelled it yet!I think that all the guys over 30's should have one bottle of this!

Re-edit:I don't know,i think my skin drinks this stuff because it project very close to me for the first 2 hours and then it remain only as a skin scent for another 6 hours tops(4,5 sprays),an extraordinary scent indeed(the iris is gone,the cocoa and the leather along with the cardamom mix like in no other perfume).With performances like this i already found its best usage situation,short dates that ends between the sheets!I think the intense version it is a better choice overall!

Smyle12

One of the all time great discontinued frags that will be sorely missed!!! The new formulation with the black straw doesn't even hold a candle to this one. It smells much the same, only stronger and it lasts longer, but it also loses much of the iris that made the original so magical, exchanging it instead for a more pronounced woodiness, which sharpens this otherwise soft scent a bit and also turns it into much more synthetic and less natural. The old version dried down into powdery, amber bliss and winked out into noting at all, whereas the new one loses it's way, becomes muddled and confused and eventually simply turns to funk on the skin. Dior Homme 2005, I will miss you when you are gone, as you are well, nigh perfect. I'm so very glad that I have two full bottles of your silver-strawed bliss stashed away. While this is not quite my favourite fragrance ever, it is the embodiment of ME and is my signature scent. Soooooo niiiiiice. :)

10/10: A Lost Masterpiece in Every Way :(

ComaSaan
ComaSaan

A very warm, pleasant and rich frag. A compliment getter!!!

limited Edition
limited Edition

Dior,Dior,Dior..poetry in motion..This fragrance is a serious player in the realm of male colognes..of an evening there arent many that can be beat Dior Homme in my opinion..class,sophistication with great sillage and longevity..8/10..

djews
djews

I owned Dior homme intense for some time before owning this one. I am only new to all this but Dior homme seems to be more woody and relaxed than intense. Intense is exactly that, similar but much more intense to me. Have to say that I am blown away with how long this lasts, a solid 8-10 hours for me, even with me thinking its gone I am still getting comments. To be honest I absolutely love intense but cannot say I like it more than this, can't seperate the two. Homme is more versatile I think. 9.5/10, awesome fragrance, can't fault it. Wasn't going to buy it because I have intense already but so glad I did! U definately want both of them!

modernmabuse
modernmabuse

Stay away from the new formulation!! Buy old version.

guillermostf

Dior Homme! yes, it's like a bottle full of woman kisses (because the scent reminds me a lipstick fragrance) So, as a man, what else can you ask for? Is elegant too. Moderate long lasting. 4/5 stars.

hesione
hesione

it's so overwhelming powdery that I really couldn't stand it at all...... even for a woman this is still too powdery, the scents reminds me an old lady :(

gd15329
gd15329

IF YOU WANT TO PLAY THE "DON'T WORRY... I AM THE GOOD GUY, I WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU" THING THIS IS YOUR FRAGRANCE.

Clearly this is the fragrance you want to wear just before you will get down on your knees to give her the ring...

Do I have to say more...? A Must for you collection.

My Total Score: 8/10

vw
vw

I don't like this scent because "I LOVE IT".

Dr_Spazmo
Dr_Spazmo

This stuff is great. Today was my first wearing and only have one complaint. Longevity, Longevity and more Longevity. This needs to last longer. That's probably why they made Dior Homme Intense but this stuff i heard had good longevity. The smell is amazing and could not be happier with this scent. Sillage is okay but gets close to skin after an hour or two. Rating system:

Longevity: 4/10 (Stuff for a high end brand only lasts 2-4 hours on my skin then its gone...)

Projection: 7/10 (I feel like it was projecting for the first 2- hours which is good for me. I don't like fragrances that project like crazy)

Sillage: 6/10 (I also felt like i was leaving some sort of trail when leaving an area)

Scent: 9.5/10 (Very nice smell and deserves this high rating. Definitely something that would get compliments left and right.

Final Rating: 6/10 (I would buy it again but i would try the reformulated version just to see if longevity is different).

the Italian
the Italian

Guys, here is a lady review on this one:
this is sex in a bottle.
It is far from all the same old boring watery sporty colognes for men out there.
It is elegant, warm and deep. Profound as the gaze of an extremely seductive and handsome gentleman. And melts perfectly into one's skin to drive the female kind nuts once and for all.

natefifield
natefifield

My favorite Dior. Warm, rich, attractive, without the cloying Dior signature that can often be so aggressive.
Always masculine, but gentle and grounded.

If you crave the sophistocation and challenge of the Dior brand, but more inviting, and without the usual agression, this is the scent for you. For a real gentleman.

empathyboy
empathyboy

Imagine lifting an old book from the shelf and opening the yellowing pages and inhaling deeply. This is what I get from Dior Homme and it is what I love about it. Many have commented on the likeness to a lady's make-up bag, and I can certainly identify that quality. In fact, I thought it to be a female fragrance the first time I tried it probably for that very reason. My first impression was that this was far too feminine for me and yet it keeps pulling me back, demanding to be given another try again and again. I am sure that my respect for Dior Homme will continue to grow. Here is a scent of subtle sophistication. Classic, understated and truly unique. At least until Paul Smith Man came along...

kit1982
kit1982

I have the dior homme trinity.
Dior Homme - Sunday Fragrance, also Timbuktu
Dior Homme Intense - favorite scent, used to be Shalimar
Dior Homme Sport - official jogging cologne, also Dune PH
Do not miss these three, worth every penny!

jashen4life
jashen4life

unusual i just dream last nyt, that i smelled something (in my dreams)so familiar. wen i woke up in the middle of the night, i keep thingking what was that smell i dream..and finaly i remember it was dior homme, i used this cologne long ago, this is the first time i dream that i smell something, dior homme was not my favorite and how come it remember it exactly wat iv dream. im planning to buy it again, it has power.

emiko_23
emiko_23

I think this is more suitable for young men. Maybe 20-35 years. Dior Homme is very elegant and attractive. MIndblowing for girls, definitely will work on dates and very sexy. IN my opinion this is the best smell for men. Not strong or overwhelming, sweet and pleasant. One thing for sure, it is addictive. When you smell this perfume on someone not-attractive you might change your mind just because he smells so great kinda perfume :)

RobbieW
RobbieW

It's close to a perfectly crafted fragrance. This scent is built around lavender, iris, and cocoa. The opening drives some people nuts. It starts with very strong iris that is reminiscent of the scent used in makeup and lipstick. Unlike those scents, the iris here is more subtle and it changes rapidly after the initial spray. I rather like the smell, but I can see how it would not appeal to everyone. After the fragrance dries down, it comes into its own. The iris is pushed to the sideline, though it is still noticeable. Taking its place is a clean, rich lavender. While there are many lavender scents on the market, this is a very high quality lavender. But the imaginative part, and really the reason to buy the fragrance, is the pairing of this lavender with cocoa. This gives the lavender a sweetness and a depth that is unusual and excellent. It's not a gourmand fragrance, the cocoa is very much in the background, but it definitely colors the lavender to make for a unique experience. Dior Homme projects well throughout its 6-7 hour lifespan. Note: Because of the polarizing nature of the iris, this is not a safe blind buy. Try it first. It is interesting to compare it to La Nuit, by YSL. Both are lavender based but where La Nuit relies on spicy cardamom to set off the lavender, Dior Homme goes in a softer direction. Dior Homme is less popular than its flanker, Dior Homme Intense, but is, in my view, the better fragrance. The version on sale at O.co is the reformulation. I've not smelled the original, but my understanding is that there is little difference between the two. In any event, this version is a first-rate fragrance.

twlahue
twlahue

It took me a year and a half to buy this after smelling it for the first time. It took me 2 weeks after owning to really try it. I smelled the bottle every day for 2 weeks to get used to the Iris. Now I think that it is amazing. From top to bottom, this is a great, everyday and formal fragrance

bcoops
bcoops

I have been testing this a couple times and was like eh nothing special but today it just hit me differently...wow..WOW!

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Wispy plush male iris. As if your neck were dusted with way-too-lovely powder after a haircut. With the light lavender and vetiver surrounding like iridescent petals, it emits a nearly foodlike cocoa powder and carrot effect. Gentle, sensitive wake that speaks peace, intelligence, and class. Beautiful male scent, but neither gorgeous nor daring.

senore01
senore01

Shocking!!! I have always been into the so called "Macho" fragrances; Paco Robanne, Drakkar Noir, Grey Flannel, Polo, Givenchy Gentlemen, etc. Always steered away from fragrances which contained feminine type, notes. But Dior Homme. Damn! This has changed every thing for me. It is fantastic. The pronounced iris note is what makes this fragrance so unique and wonderous. It is smooth and warm. So inviting with an air of sophistication. Definitely a nice shirt and jacket compliments DH greatly. When I wear this scent, I cannot help but to continually smell my arms. It is over whelmingly delicious. This scent has completely altered my point of view regarding men's fragrances. I will always own DH. It has become a part of me, and I, and part of it. Recommended to all men who undoubtedly is aware of the fact that he is a man. lol.

kenney77
kenney77

Absolutely an amazing fragrance one of the best I've ever smelled in a long time love the caco note in it

Shalimar57
Shalimar57

This is my son's pergume, since I first bought him a bottle some years ago. Hope the new version is not too different from the old. Because it's Eric's smell

saminc76
saminc76

First, i thought i could never handle this because of the "lipstick" opening. As some say here, my girlfriend said it smelled a little like carrots too.

BUT then it grew on me on now is one of my favorite scents! Very classy and unique. I get great longevity from this one and projection is really good.

Get it with its intense version and you have an all season tandem!

Jellybean
Jellybean

Soooo good!! Warm, soft, lipsticky, powdery, leathery vanilla = can't stop smelling my wrists! This is by far best perfume meant for men but more of an unisex scent.

*Update: spraying it on my shirt I can smell strong lavender/sage herbal mix and it smells like a manly fume, buuuuuuuuuuuut once applied to the skin it's just as I mentioned it previously, warm leathery lipsticky scent I can't get enough of!

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

This makes me melt. Utterly fantastic and ridiculous quality for a designer at its price point.

In this original formula, the opening is a beautiful, dusty iris with bergamot and lavender. It's just lovely, and it's the best part of the fragrance. The drydown possesses a leathery purse note that is just a slight accent, while the herbal qualities still mingle with the iris. The drydown is a subtle musky vetiver/vanilla that is comforting and sublime. The cacao extends the iris's buttery shortbread note deep into the extended drydown. Longevity is obscene, though it is basically a skin scent.

A subtle and thoroughly classy fragrance that deserves its place among Dior's legendary classics. Completely unisex.

oldschoolhwk
oldschoolhwk

Bought this blind due to all the hype on BN. I live in the south it's hot and humid here, this scent is too warm too powdery and too feminine for my taste. Hard to describe exactly maybe is the iris there is a distinct smell of old lipstick (like grandma used to wear) that really turned me off. I wore a few times and each time i got a headache. Gave it away

Jordanose
Jordanose

Maybe it's just me, but this seems incredibly related to Dune Femme (carrot).

It has a similar rounded and diffusive iris cloud. But where dune femme is made to be a little sharp and dry with the eucalyptus part- dior homme ventures into a bit more of sweet powdered sugar territory.

If you put a powdered sugar donut on top of an easter lily (without being overpoweringly sweet) you'd get a rough approximation of dior homme.

Unisex to Feminine.

Chanel Man
Chanel Man

Dior Homme is awesome. The lipstick note is quite appealing and overall one of the very best from Dior. I like that Dior takes chances with their perfume it shows they are reaching for something higher than the status quo. Bravo.

clover.chen
clover.chen

i remember way back in 2006 and still in high school, my mom received a few samples of this. originally intended for my dad to try out, but since my dad is not the 'smell fragrant' type of guy, i eagerly stole the samples to try. i loved dior homme the clothing line under hedi slimane and thought i would probably like this scent too. was i right! it was exactly what i imagined a dior homme man would smell like. first and foremost, i find this is a very uni-sex scent. but since it is marketed at men so most who wear it are of course men. nonetheless, back when i was a 16 year old girl and knowing nothing about perfume, this became one of my first perfumes to wear. i didnt care it was for men, mainly because no guy in my high school at the time would even know about dior homme let alone wearing its perfume. i loved it so much i actually went into the dior homme store in new york to buy it, i think much to the sales people's surprise(or shock). i continued wearing it til 2008 when an ex flatmate of mine suddenly commented on how i smelled like her ex-bf. that's when i realized perhaps there are too many guys wearing it now that, even if it is a uni-sex smell, the 'dior' perfume itself is decidedly male. so now in 2012 i still have possibly one of the original 2007/06 barely used bottle in my drawer, completely forgotten. i recently rediscovered it and remembered how much i loved the smell. it is still that warm floral that smelled of sweat, leather and smoke. i have always associated this scent with rock and roll, the sophisticated down right dirty rock and roll, not the rich proper gentlemen image i see people are saying. i think i will use it very sparingly only in the winter, perhaps adding a more "feminine" note or two to not risk the chance of smelling directly like dior homme. since it is a relatively unique and popular scent, i can tell when i guy is wearing it. and im sure it will be the other way around too.

Abstraction
Abstraction

My favorite perfume. Because of the layers and the mystery. It has a beautiful spirituality, harmony and balance. That's why I call it "deep". It seems to me that every time something else comes from it. Since I am involved in the research, this fragrance is ideal for me. Reminds me of romantic and sensitive young man who make a study and explore, loves art and has a strong vitality and childish nature. Sometimes, it reminds me of sweet grandfather, his room and books. The swaying, and yet has a strong base, something timeless. Do not recommend sporty types.

eric.del grande
eric.del grande

i like this its very warm scent but kinda reminds me of clay or play doh maybe its the cacao, but its nice...

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

Hey Palzzzz..can some one tells me which one is better. This (Dior Homme) or Fahrenheit 32. i am confused..which one is the good option?. Any suggestions?

Dreamer81
Dreamer81

Dior Homme starts with burst of iris, lavender and sage which gives it very cold feeling. This cold effects last only few seconds and then you are taken to magical journey far away from any perfume for man that was made before 2005. Heart is sweeter and warm, with great balance between iris, cocoa and vanilla. Far in the background is also vetiver and leather. Basenotes are mostly cocoa + vanilla combo.

Dior Homme is very classy and to me almost strictly formal fragrance. This is no t-shirt and shorts scent. If you want beach scent go for Acqua Di Gio because nice shirt is minimum you should wear when you want to pull off Dior Homme. Its not most masculine scent around and huge bulky alpha males will probably find something that suits them better elsewhere but if you want classy, elegant, modern, almost metrosexual scent please sample this.

It is masterpiece and could easy be sold as a niche.
Only downside for me is longevity that is just average (around 4-8 hours with good sillage at begining and close to skin scent in the end).

Overall 10/10 from me.

6 Above average
5 Average

ROLDAN
ROLDAN

First impression -O.m.G! Perfect ,it has such a great smell...The best ever!,,, But it doesn't stays long with my chemistry... After one hour there's no evidence for most of the notes. Pity . Nice bottle indeed!

var813
var813

Bought a 50ml for a steal for the original formula the other day and already got a few compliments. To me, this smells as well done as a niche fragrance. It opens for the first few hours with a sweeter lipstick/crayon vibe (in a great way), and with my skin, the last 5 hours are close to the skin. I literally got 12 hours+ yesterday. Put it on for work even though it's a very classy gentleman's fragrance, and started re-projecting when I got outside in the heat. The cacao sticks on me the entirety of the life of it and reminds me of the same note as in Givenchy Play Intense (just that particular note). This will definitely be a go-to bottle for me, I don't think I've ever truly loved a scent like I love this one.

Scent - 10/10
Projection - 8/10
Longevity - 9.5/10

EnragedApollo
EnragedApollo

I gave my sister a whiff of this on the dry down when I came home after testing fragrances. It smells like a woman. That's what she said. But I'm still getting this. Because this is like make-out sex in a bottle.

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

This review is for the 'vintage version', opens up to a beautiful rich leathery iris note, vivacious confident and asserting. It is by no means a sharp scent rather a well composed harmony of notes. The lavender + cacao + vetyver combo is a very alluring accord indeed, seemingly what makes this a very original masterpiece. Sniff before buying this is not for everyone. Like everyone said, it has a lipstick note to it. My partner has stolen this and declared it his no.1 along with Shiseido Basala.

New formulation : a very similar base but a sharper citrus + lavender note top note and call me crazy but i think the amber accord has been altered as well. Not without it s charms, as it seems to cater more towards a younger audience.

esteban.trujillo
esteban.trujillo

Great Fragrance smells awesome Great Iris and Cocoa

showgoeson
showgoeson

What can I say about Dior Homme, this is the most beautiful smelling cologne I've ever smelled. I did not think much of it at first, but then I started enjoying it, and after few days I started adoring it. I just cannot stop smelling it when I wear it. Having said that, I wish the projection was little better on this. This is fairly close to the skin scent. However the longevity is good, but it is such a good smelling fragrance, I do not see anyone disliking this.

P.S. I do not give a fragrance 10 marks easily, even if it's my favorite fragrance, but this one deserves it without a doubt.

kassinator
kassinator

The Mary Poppins of Iris scents. Practically perfect in every way.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

A small , small difference with the new one.
This has a less dose of iris and less longevity and projection comparing to the new formulation.
The powdery flowery(iris) sweet cocoa ingredients all there.
I think people talk a lot on this reformulation, but in fact both are very similar.

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

I got this when it came out and then a second time after it had been reformulated. The first version is one of the most perfect scents ever to be created. The dry and austere powder (Orris root-lavender -patchouli) conjures a white shirt that exalts whomever can wear it (it doesn't lend itself just to anybody). Underneath the ironed cotton the heat of a perfect skin can be sensed. Warm and sultry constracted around cocoa and in my opinion Guaiac, this human skin accord cuts through the powder and peaks with a well constructed note of precious liquer. Elegant, sensual and masculin in perfect balance. A fragrance that might not fit everyone but when it does it works like a charm.
Dior was not happy with that it seems so they decided to tinker it a bit to make it more easy to like. In the process of fixing it for everyone else they managed to ruin it for me and those who truly appreciated it. In the current version all the elements that made it cutting edge are tempered (with catastrophic consequences). The sweetness became more superficial, the powder resembles hair-spray, contrasts are blurred and austerity turned to frivolity. I am very displeased with my second bottle of Dior Homme and I rarely feel like wearing it. It simply doesn't conjure the images the old version did for me. As it so often happens with plastic surgery, in an attempt to fix the form the essense is lost.

PS1. Dior Homme is still good, just pales in comparison to the original.

PS2. The first version while critically acclaimed, was a commercial flop. I believe it was never advertised right. This is best worn by men that are composed and refined with a calm demeanor. It is addressed to a complex man that seeks simplicity in his life. Passive objects of desire staring into nothingness or self proclaimed sexual predators should not wear this (so about the Jude Law ad, Dior, please, cut the drama).

instantjim
instantjim

Wow! I like this one very much. I gravitate towards powerhouse fragrances, but this is something else. Powerful without being a powerhouse, floral without being feminine, it is unlike anything else in my collection. There is a gourmandy aspect, which reminds me somewhat of Angel Shlesser Essential, though it is much more classy. The sweet notes are balanced with the floral and woody note, so that it is hard to imagine many people not liking it. I was very lucky to find a couple of 1 oz bottles for $19 each, sold at a store that was not supposed to sell Dior products and so were instructed to quit the stock.
I don't usually give fragrances a mark out of 10, but this one is worth an exception... 9/10 from me!

OZ
OZ

This is a beautiful fragrance! I have to admit I didn't like it at first, however on the third time testing I found myself deeply in love with this scent.

I consider this to be a unisex fragrance. On my skin, this fragrance opens with a bitter note that resembling the scent of most of the lipsticks out there (Orris root), I also get lavender. The scent later dies down into a sweet cacao with a hint of the iris and a touch of leather. A very lick-able dry down indeed. Truly remarkable scent.

carolcabbagerose
carolcabbagerose

I bought this for my husband...but it so beautiful not in a girlie way but as a strong women who is mysterious, quiet and when she leaves the room you want to follow her way! I love this one, be it on him or on me it makes me feel good. There is something unusual about it, I smell the leather, soft warm comfortable strong leather, the amber and then iris adding sweetness, the vetiver adds the clean warmth. It is lingering. It is just devine.
Not just for him but for us sophisticated girls who have no need to shout but who slip in quietly and then disappear into the night leaving them all wondering and curious!

edward.shebar
edward.shebar

First whiff is paradise,after a few secs on skin gets a little smoky ,then fades into powdery awesoness!

manofscents
manofscents

gona keep it short and sweet. G.O.A.T. Greatest Of All Time.

bobosan336
bobosan336

This is an undisputed female scent - a very good one at that. Why this is being sold as a male fragrance is a mystery.

bladerunner
bladerunner

Magic perfume! I love it. There is something special in it. Give it a try but remember: wait for about ten minutes before judging it!

alchimia72
alchimia72

My husband definitly fell in love with it!
He adores this perfume. I think that a man who wears it attracts attention by men and women. Long lasting, sensual and elegant! Impossible not to notice it!

Gazelle Ladani
Gazelle Ladani

while i was entering to shopping mall i smell it in counter ...n brought me back to get a paper sample..whole shopping day i kept it n smell the paper sample! it was first time that i really liked a men smell!

uscguy777

If you adored the original formulation like myself, you will still love the current. I know the prominent iris is what sets this fragrance apart from other men's selections, and this still remains my favorite aspect, but I also feel the newer formulation is balanced. The iris is there, but it is more like the rhythm to the cocoa's lead. They work in harmony. It has much more of a gourmandish touch as well, my only complaint is that it can become cloying at times. While I prefer the original, I will gladly accept the latter as my signature scent :).

So to sum it up quality was not compromised, just a new interpretation of the same piece of art.

VanBlack
VanBlack

Iris,lavender n cacao... so unique,quiet strong and classy. One spray on my shirt n it last forever !! I think I wouldn't need the intense version...IMO. I'm talking about the vintage one (silver ring n silver tube). Lipstick note ??? well,who care !lol.

MmM
MmM

Nice fragrance, it;s not too strong. a little bit powdery

JohnMc
JohnMc

GugaGaidzak - hilarious statement regarding this sumptuous scent - for me truly a one-off, intoxicating, sensuous, sophisticated and sexy fragrance that is 100 miles away from some of the gaudy, male offerings from many of today's fashion houses.

AnnBerg
AnnBerg

This is one of the best perfumes for men, so sexy. I love it when my boyfriend wears it.

GugaGaidzak
GugaGaidzak

Im gonna make it easier for you...

If you are gay.... This smells like a Drag Queen with tons of make up.....

If you are straight.... This smells like a burlesque dancer.....

A woman can easily wear this, though i think a lipstick would be much cheaper!!!

It aint that bad, but far from being a masterpiece!!

Helsinki

Dab, sounds like you've got the 2011 edition - it comes with a black tube and opens with a cognac note instead of liquorice, has less iris, less lipstick and powder (=is sharper), has shorter longevity, and is more masculine.

Hope this helped!
xx

NYprospect
NYprospect

One of the most hyped.Notes sound daring.Beautiful bottle.I smell lipstick.I'm fine with that.I rather smell like lipstick than wear it.Hear comes the cocoa.Yum.Now comes the crappy part.I'm getting nauseous.I want to love this, i want a big bottle.I'm going to have to man up to smell of lipstick and cocoa.

dab

On the bottle the code is just 0Z0 without 5 at the end , and i think is not a fake, all looks legit.

katsuki_miml
katsuki_miml

@dab
I would check if the code on the bottle and the box matches. In other words, I would check if it is a fake. Just my opinion.

dab

Hello, I buy a bottle and the tube is black , but de code from bottle is : 0Z05 , Date of manufacture:
December 2010 (from checkcosmetic.net). It is old or new ..?
Thanks.

Helsinki

Stunning! What a chameleon!

I had already lost hope of finding another love, another scent that sweeps me off my feet right away.
And if others get swept off too, it's just extra.
Dior Homme was love at first try!

Kanye West namedrops Dior Homme in his song "Devil In A New Dress", and although I had listened that song over 150 times I had never tried Dior Homme myself. What triggered my interest was the fact that the original 2005 formula is to be discontinued. (Why on Earth?!)

Dior Homme opens with a delicious salty liquorice note that lasts about five minutes. For a Finnish expat, finding a liquorice note from a French fragrance in Scotland was the last place I would have expected to discover it from. Truly enjoyed it.

Next you get a perfect, and I mean perfect mix of iris, lavender, cardamom, cacao, vetiver and leather, with iris in the leading role. Everything is incredibly subtle and successful. And yes, the lipstick and mama's makeup bag are both there. That's exactly why this scent is special. It would be have been easy to mess up with all these notes, but Dior Homme lands perfectly on its feet. Not too sweet, not too powdery, longevity 7h, semi-close projection. Spray pressure and diameter: Excellent.

Why is Dior Homme a chameleon? Because it suits so many different types of people: Gay guys, metrosexuals, businesswomen and -men from twenties to forties. Unisex, that's a (+) !

Bottle design is modern yet timeless and it crowns the experience. I will definitely go to the dept. store and purchase this first thing in the morning. They only have two "2005" bottles left. "Honeymoon" awaits.

lister
lister

It has a sweet note to it, which makes it not attractive to me.I spray it on my hair and sweaters,somehow it removes that note.Otherwise it's a luxury scent,some people recognize it (35-45 yo guys).
Just few months ago I bought a third bottle.Dior colognes is a must have.

MrMookie
MrMookie

I liked this one but didnt love it ..its been a few yrs but ok its a smooth sweet metrosexual man scent i discover them on the the guys who want to impress the girls with fashionable clothes and macho looks in modern fashionable lounge bars colored in neon lights .. not for the rough macho's though... D.Beckham/C.Ronaldo types would buy and love them.
This scent doenst tell me a story ... i like to smell stories...

ION
ION

"Dior Homme" is pretty much a masculine version of "Shalimar", with a hint of "Hypnotic Poison's" liqueur-like character and some of "No 19's" powder on top! (you did read it all, right?)
This is a safe perfume for a company to attract customers but what really makes it a success is the epic (yet simple) heavy square bottle which makes everyone feel richer (much like the perfume inside does).
Personally I wouldn't buy it as I find its "class promoting" quality not flexible (or adaptable) enough.

bp
bp

Smells like a millionaire.
All millionaires should use this fragrance to be easily recognized.
LOVE IT.
It is EXCELLENT.

D_D_T_L_V
D_D_T_L_V

I keep going back to this scent, although I don't know whether I'd go for a full bottle, It's one of the male scents I feel work really well on me. It makes me feel assertive, confident, fresh and elegant. Not too masculine at all on my skin, the Iris which this scent revolves around makes a lovely pairing with something that smells like white pepper (even though it doesn't appear on the notes list). I imagine this perfume as color - it would be dove gray and royal blue side by side. Like a dark blue Iris on a bed of steel or storm clouds. I have a vision of an outfit to embody this scent.

It's very interesting, and I must comment about the bottle - because I think it's one of the best looking perfume bottles on the market today.

jtd
jtd

The term 'pretty boy' is often intended as an insult. An aspersion, really, hurled from one straight man at another. Among us homos, though, the term isn't an affront.

Dior Homme is a pretty boy. Exceptionally so, in fact. Lord knows how this managed to see the light of day as a designer masculine.

To you straight men who wear it, well done. I'm not being facetious here. Smart move to wear a pretty fragrance. It can work on a straight man in a number of ways. It can play against type. It can announce the security of your ego. It can tell the world that aesthetics matter to you.

Not all perfumes are pretty, nor should they be. But let's admit it. Dior Homme is.

@beobeo796
My bottle doesn't have Dior engraved on the chrome tube as well.
I think the latest bottles don't have it.
And I bought it at D0uglas.

shark
shark

this was my first dior, I fell in love first and is one of the finest perfumes that I have, I agree with a minority that says that Dior Homme is somewhat feminine, but I do not care, because despite being based on the iris ring has cocoa, leather and vetiver that make men in the end ... and fixed a lot in my skin, this is the champion!

ladymillion123456789
ladymillion123456789

i LOVE THE ADVERT ITS SO POWERFULLY AND SEDUCTIVE DIOR YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN LOVE THE WAY THE GIRL MODEL TALKS I NORMALLY HATE JUDE LAW BUT HE IS REALLY SEDUCTIVE IN THIS AD DIOR YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN TRUE SEXINESS AND GLAMOR ALL MEN SHOULD GET THIS.
AND THE MUSIC FANTASTIC

Cognitive Dissonance
Cognitive Dissonance

Spray, one, two, three, four times. Stand in front of a full length mirror, naked. Close your eyes, smell the air. Wait.

Rest your hand on your neck, squeeze a little. Feel your heart beat pulsating through your neck into your hand. Smell the air, inhale deep, in and out, in and out.

Some people don’t know how it feels to be both primal and sensual. To have the two experiences merge into one. This is how I believe Dior Homme should be enjoyed. Alone or perhaps with company. Primal, sensual, to experience sensation with your whole body. Living.

arel81
arel81

The new dior homme (with black stern) seems a bit weaker than the old one. The tester at the dior counter was the old version so i sprayed to myself while getting myself a bottle. The tester last me about 8hrs++.
The next day when i spray myself with the new version,it longevity was really below my expectation as i know dior homme really last long.
The smell is about the same just a bit weaker but my gf likes it (she doesnt like the old version)

scenturian

I've been searching for this version almost for a month since I learned that it was being reformulated, and today finally found it(with chrome tube), so happy now :) I could stock more bottles but unfortunately could find only 1 bottle, anyway at least I have 1 vintage now :)
The new version is already at stores, really mission impossible to find the older.
The new version has slightly darker juice and bottle, and has black tube inside.

Grottola
Grottola

I needed some time (a few years) to get to know Dior Homme, but I finally gave it the benefit of the doubt and it was all worth the long wait.

Dior Homme is one of the smoothest masculines ever made, and Olivier Polge really does his dad proud with it (Jacques Polge, one of my top 5 favorite perfumers ever). Dior Homme is all about a smooth, powdery iris accord that interacts with cocoa, a subtle, plush leather note, and lavender. At first Dior Homme does kind of give off a "make-up bag" feel with the powderiness, but within a few minutes those assumptions dwindle and the other elements balance out the iris. Iris is a tough accord for me, much like rose - it never quite smells good on my skin. Dior Homme gets it done right, and I'm assuming that's because of how well the iris blends with the other notes. I love my strong, stinky fragrances, but Dior Homme is probably the exemplary fragrance for a 21st century metrosexual man: well groomed, polished and dignified. Dior Homme is powdery, but it has warmth and character. It has a soul. It captures why being clean and tailored can feel so good. It's trustworthy, enjoyable, and above all, Dior Homme smells good.

I guess there's a big reformulation on the way, so get as much of it as you can before Dior Homme as we know it kicks the bucket. I love the Christian Dior house, but their quality control with reformulations has been pretty dismal, so stock up.

yilmazg
yilmazg

Dior Homme is one of the best for men. Period. The unique scent of lavender, iris and cocoa is masterfully blended. The fragrance is complete class. This is a new classic. Floral, woody, aromatic, leathery. Very hard to describe this scent. I have not tried the new version but I am a big fan of the original. 10/10 Flawless.

It seems that when strong lavender is combined with a gourmand element, I begin to feel nauseated. Fortunately, the lavender isn't nearly as strong here as it is in some of the other lavender gourmands marketed to men (Rochas Man, Animale Animale, A*Men, etc.). However, there's something about this one that just doesn't work for me, as if the perfumer tried to do too much in one fragrance. You get the lavender and gourmand element, but also strong powdery iris, leather, and pipe tobacco. The spice, vetiver, and patchouli notes aren't that strong (thankfully). These kinds of fragrances seem to well up in my sinuses and become very irritating (again, Dior Homme isn't that bad, relatively-speaking). I think the biggest problem I may have with it is that there is a lack of dynamism. The dominant notes are heavy (I don't understand or enjoy the fruitiness in the top notes either), and they sit in their chairs and ask you to get things for them. This is especially true after perhaps three hours, when I'm left with a rather uninspiring scent. If I want something along these lines, but with more "oomph" in the base, I reach for FUBU Plush Men or Deauville Pour Homme. DH's smell is natural, the projection ("sillage") is quite good, and it has good longevity.

evilspin
evilspin

Awesome & overly unique! Stop saying its not great or you dont ike the iris or powdery wax scent. its the magic of the fragrance. The Leather is its masculine aspect of it. The Vetiver refreshes you, The Lavender keeps the man a gentleman, The Iris makes women notice it, The powder/wax is unique (makes women reminisce on it), The Musc keeps women interested, The cocoa keeps things romantic and everything else...? Keeps mixing into eachother and keeps you intoxicated in mystery figuring out how and why would they stir such complexities? Such genius! Perfect to lure the girls. I get so much compliments. Rather get them from them then the guys. If you guys hate the lipstick feeling & think your less of a man for it then just think of it as crayons!!!

Jazz.M.777
Jazz.M.777

Smells like lipstick and chocolate XD funny thing is i actually love this fragance. Its very unique and seductive...it lasts pretty good also :)

mckenziedj
mckenziedj

What can i say about a cologne which gave me two comments from my senior supervisor - WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

inquisitor
inquisitor

First impressions: sweet licorice kicks me in the face, and I'm loving it. The licorice seems to fade after a while though but it evolves into something sweet and intriguingly complex. Hard to figure out, somewhat mysterious and I'm left wanting more - all good things. I'll have to give this another shot later.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

LICORICE!!!
I fell in love with the opening instantly, under a strong impression it had either anniseed or licorice.
It held a powerful, sweet liquorice stig upon me, and I couldn't help but promise myself I would use Dior Hommes dominating beauty on my social nights to demand presence.
This domineering omega was to be my new signature scent, my favorite amongst favorites.
One problem:
Half an hour later the smell seems to by dying off :-/ projection is failing! The one (assumed) purpose of this scent was to yell "pay attention please, im doing this thing right here!" but sadly the microphone has been switched off. :-(
It's now close to the skin and not worth the price I was prepared to pay on the spot! Luckily, I'm broke lol or I'd have bought it right then and there.
My first feeling about a purchase was that this was a high quality, real scent that shouldn't be risked on an online purchase, thus every penny at a much higher department store price was worth it to be sure to get the real thing. This would have been true if only for much better longevity on the projection.
To push my point, 2-3hours after spraying A*men on the same hand, same weather, same situation on a different day, I could still smell it from belly height.

And now, sorrow.

odesssa
odesssa

I got a sample from Neiman Marcus. Honestly I can't imagine a man wearing this, - it is too feminine. The smell itself is not to my liking, - it is too powdery and I can agree with one of the users who said that it smells like an old lady's makeup bag.

tuscany
tuscany

i have this cologne,just so amazing,lasts all night,ladies love it..trust me..

Heverton
Heverton

This review is based on the old formula, not the new one with less iris. (If you don't now which one you have, just look to the "straw" that hide the spray tube which is no longer silver, but black)

On my skin, Dior Homme is all about makeup smell. From top to base I only get this crayon vibe, sadly. I know it was a masterpiece, but what can I do? I just don't like lipstick smell... perhaps this new formula will attract me better.

Michael 53

Excellent cologne! The opening reminds me of Hanae Mori. Longevity is excellent, dry down smooth. The Patchouli and Vetiver finish is both calming and sensual. Great summer sent.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

Is this a bit on the feminine side? Yes!! I won't deny that. It is probably more feminine then my Prada Amber and Hanae Mori. Here is the problem with that though. Women adore this scent. First day of wearing it I got 5 compliments, the highest being "damn you smell good".

I won't get into breaking down the notes. What it is though is a sweet, powdery, spicy and floral scent. It isn't gourmand sweet, it is a makeup sweet. Actually the lipstick description is somewhat accurate. It definitely has a makeup room vibe. Sort of like walking pass a makeup department in a department store.

The longevity is about 5-6 hours on my skin and then if you want to experience again you have to get a couple of more sprays. I actually wore it work and got lots of compliments. I think it is perfect for a romantic dinner, it would be a first date winner. Actually if you want to impress that woman (modern) hit four sprays right before meeting up, the sillage is going to knock her off of her feet.

Rating:

Scent 5/5
Projection 5/5 (first 3 hours)
Longevity 3/5 (should be longer)
Versatility 5/5 (for work/date/dinner inside close quarters)

Buy/Try/Pass=Buy right now!

چون من برای دیور احترام قائلم همه کاراشو می خرم و استفاده می کنم
با احترام

fpih
fpih

I tested this today for the first time and I'm impressed! I went to the cinema afterwards and couldn't help sniffing my wrist the entire time. It starts spicy, then turns vanillic and in the end it's vanilla and vetiver on my skin, fresh and yummy at the same time! Lasting power is also great. I think I might have to buy a bottle for my husband soon so I can use it:)

bartoagung
bartoagung

this is definitely for fall/autumn and winter, not for youngster, but for calm and steady mind men, its lustrous smooth and charming, last longer on your skin and had a great scent when you're on sex! Love It !

manosp3
manosp3

A masterpiece that i realy dislike!
I just can't stand that iris note..

oxm
oxm

Dior Homme, in my opinion is one of the top 5 fragrances for men maison.Al the first listen it soon becomes clear that this is a scent of class, but the best comes with heart notes, which amber iris cocoa and cardamom while the final enhances the leather and patchouli vetiver.Il all create a warm and cozy, you have the sense to walk the corridors of Versailles
or the Ca D'Oro Venice in the seventeenth century ...
Evocative and captivating
Really super

spoombung
spoombung

Lovely, enjoyable, sweet, (short-lived on me, unfortunately) lipstick-y potion for men. I prefer the 'Intense' version as it has more staying power.

Would make an excellent feminine.

chel
chel

i absolutely adore this fragrance. When I tried it at the store the only thing I could smell was this kind of moist sauna scent. this one didnt feel right. But about an hour later, while studying, i kept on smelling this ridiculously great, sweet and huggable scent. At first I thought it was the girl next to me, but then I realised it was my own arm!

I immediately got up and went buying it.

The sillage is quite good, I already got a compliment after 1 day. And the fragrance itself is just what I was looking for.

jtappenden
jtappenden

I am a real aficionado of men's fragrances & this is one of the very best.It achieves a perfect balance of all the various elements & components.A matchless performer.

uscguy777

I say to those who are not very fond of Dior Homme...just give it a little time. This is one of those fragrances where the more you wear it, the more you will learn and appreciate it.

One thing about this cologne I find very special is it projects beautifully but remains light to the nose. It's never heavy, and the wearer can smell it in its entire duration, which on my skin is exceptional a good 8-10 hours.

Yes this is not the most masculine thing to wear, but does it need to be? If the girl(s) I'm into likes it and finds it sexy, then it's masculine enough for me. It's like Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male in that respect.

Ideal as a daily scent and also perfectly suitable for a nice dinner with your girlfriend. If your a sharp, clean cut guy that wants to smell unique in a good way, I suggest you give this a try. While it is a designer fragrance, it truly is a niche quality eau de toilette. Highly recommended.

diablochancho
diablochancho

si quiere sentirse como un JAMES BOND use este jajajaa

mehrdad
mehrdad

This fragrance blends tradition and modernity, in the spirit of the house of Dior. Its fragrance take on the iris – a rare note in men’s perfumery - in a precise, pared-down formula. The result is a powdery woody floral, luxurious and resolutely masculine : a new generation classic

به نقل از سایت دیور

Papi
Papi

This one isn't for everybody. I personally like it, but some don't and I can understand that, because this fragrance is very specific and unique.

Oh, and stronger version which came out in 2007 is really bad, and less stronger than this one!

JustinV
JustinV

On my skin:
Top: Iris + woods + muted floral + waxy lipstick-y scent. 1 hour

Middle: The top maintains, but chocolate-powdery-like scent dominates. This is where the fragrance shine. 2-3 hours.

Base: The fragrance top + base, and it does it job after 1-2 hours.

Dior homme sport does not smell like this

Yes it is lipstick-y like, it felt waxy at the same time.

But guess what? I have found my professional scent.

This is for me to go for formal functions. Awesome fragrance for dates, for wine drinking, going for a meeting with your superiors, this thing shines there.

As classy as it gets.

So...this is ....again.... a function scent. Not for the clubs, I wont use it for work as it has poor longevity.

The country I am in has no 4 seasons, so it is either hot or cold weather. This works very well on cold nights.

My rating (base on 5 stars)

Scent: 5 (Yes! umph! Yes!).

Sillage: 3 (moderate, people will smell you for sure, this is a comfortable scent).

Time length: 3 (poor longevity, but good enough to be done for my functions).

Occasion: 1 (function scent).

Overall base on mathematics: 3/5

My arsenal for function scent.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Not that you needed another review but contrary to the unmanly reviews, I think this is a really manly perfume, very sexual fragrance.
The components to me construct the unusual story of sweaty sex in an old library, smelling of wax and paper and two madly in love students were devouring a dark bitter chocolate before they started kissing and passionately lusting for each other.
He would smudge her lipstick and wipes it off with his old vintage suede leather jacket.
ALL scents of scene and items I have just described are in this fragrance.

I consider it a masterpiece! Very, very sexual and very unusual. A very antagonistic, envelope-pushing, metrosexual, non-conformist, dreamy and romantic scent, smelling of wet condesated water captured in a wild nigthclub situated next to a chocolaterie.

I love wearing this one on a summer night out on the prowl. Addictive!

armchair sailor
armchair sailor

When I first smelled this, I thought that I had missed the strip when spraying. All I could smell was paper. Then I realized that I was actually smelling the woody/paper Dior Homme.
Great if you want to attract girls who love to read, I guess. :-)
You could enjoy that, but the drydown is unforgivable. It becomes generically sweet. It doesn't have the guts to stay bitter and unfriendly.
If it were a man, it would be one of those guys who want to give women the impression of being sophisticated, classy and with a strong personality, but immediatly after they want you to know that they're also sweet and caring. If you girls ever meet a man that sends this signals, trust me: run. He's fake and insincere. Just like Homme Intense.

Duver
Duver

I feel so romantic and fall in love with myself wearing this.

I'm not a fan of gourmand perfume. Something in Dior Homme makes me think it's sweet but I just can't say so. It's figuratively sweet, kind, gentle.

diorshowman

"How would I recognize you?"

"Oh, don't you worry about that...you'll know when I'm here"

DIOR HOMME

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

★ Cacao waxed woods
★ Relaxed lavender, florals & spiced herbs
★ Powdered patchouli
★ Lukewarm amber
★ Subtle leather

Only Dior could pull off such complexity.
A fragrance like this makes a man feel important.
Dior Homme Intense introduces allure and sexy on top of confidence.

I hear you guys about the lipstick effect. Non-synthetic cacao tends to do that sticky-waxy thing. Remember, cacao is not sweet, it's bitter sweet. Don't think of items reminiscent to it's initial smell, listen to what the women say.

carlosdavidz
carlosdavidz

Yes, is a nice fragrance, very elegant and the smell is unique BUT (a big BUT) the longevity is so bad that in 2 or 3 hours is completely gone.

bronstein
bronstein

Yeah, it smells a bit like lipstick, it's true... Apart from that, it evolves almost spectacularly on your skin: starting out very heavily like leather, it gets sweeter and sweeter until it reaches that lipstick note.

However, finding it interesting is one thing, wanting to wear it is quite another. I wouldn't recommend it.

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

Too sweet and powdery in my opinion. If you tend to like Gultier`s le male or other soft sweet scents you might like this.

bob01081969
bob01081969

This is my go to scent for work and play. I bought it from the place I work, and I had the choice of 100's @ Duty Free America.

It has a burnt woods smell, with hints of ceder, but at the same time it has floral hints that open up the longer it's on.

I have a 3.4 oz bottle and it's going fast. It is the boldest scent I own, and I do own many, but most are light where this one is darker, but darker in a great way.

Mmmm!!! I like this! I'm not into male fragrances, I don't know them well and almost all smell similar to my nose, quite annoying or too bracing or too spicy-woodsy, but this one is a nice find! It smells elegant yet modern and it is balanced in all notes. I like traditional notes like lavender and sage mixed with cardamom! The leather edge is also good, softer than usual plasticky one, refined and grounding.
The sillage is just right, not weak, not overpowering, it adjusts to skins. Lasting power is very good. It could be worn by women but not my kind of scent. I really like this on a man! It conjures an image of a modern man with a twist of old good-mannered elegance!

guest_Aroussa
guest_Aroussa

As a woman, I have to say this: if a man is wearing this fragrance, then I don't care what he looks like, what he does for a living, or even if he is an axe murderer for all I care - but a whiff of this on a man - and he can take me to bed, and I will follow, entranced, enchanted and mesmerized!

I came to find Dior Homme when on a shopping expedition, searching for a new male fragrance to gift my love.

Dior Homme strikes me as being very classy and sophisticated. This fragrance is essentially what I'd imagine a male model smelling like. A metrosexual fragrance, you may ask? I would agree entirely.

Mostly woodsy and aromatic, (particularly with the lavender and sage notes), Dior Homme does have a touch of sweetness, somewhat vanillic in its nature. The iris also gives this fragrance a unisex feel, which I think is correct. I would definitely consider wearing this fragrance myself on certain occasions.

The scent itself is smooth, confident and alluring. It doesn't have that animalistic effect that some male fragrances have on me, however if a man were to try and seduce me, while subjecting me to smelling this fragrance, I could get myself a little worked up on it. It's a scent that tends to crawl its way into your heart.

The sillage and lasting power of Dior Homme is well-worth the money spent. Dior makes such quality scents that I often feel that they deserve much more praise than they are given.

I was actually surprised to discover how unique Dior Homme is. As is the case with many popular male fragrances, I find them pleasant yet generic at the same time. Dior Homme was a nice discovery.

Unfortunately I found this fragrance too sophisticated for my rather creative and wild man. But in regards to buying something for my male friends, Dior Homme will be kept as a potential gift in my mind.

The opening seems to contain clashing notes, and I don't find it especially pleasant, to put it nicely. The fruit note seems to be too strong as well. After a couple of hours, perhaps, it settles down into a multi-dimensional leather fragrance, and at this point, I like it (being a fan of leather fragrances helps, no doubt). There is tobacco, soft/powdery iris, and a hint of something gourmand (unlike all-out gourmand fragrances, mostly marketed to young men, apparently). This is certainly one to be sampled first, since it's not inexpensive but is unique. I don't understand why this isn't called "Dior Unisex." Anyway, it's technically sound and reasonably natural smelling. Best of all, it has good dynamism and balance. If you get a sample, I suggest trying it once very few weeks, so that you can get used to it (unless you like it at first sniff, of course).

andrew85
andrew85

OMG. this superb and elegant, sofisticaded perfume smells like a High society party at New Year night when all the gueses are wearing expensive clothes.. So romantic, sensual and modern smells.. one of the best that i have ever smelt.....

andrevarx
andrevarx

EDT is one that has a strange structure, its initial notes suck as much fuel mixed with sugar, but its middle notes retain a sweet smell mixed with wood and flowers very manly, which is quite elgante, is a very pungent odor and virile a little animal. Its base notes are sweet woods embraces a blend of very virile.

It is a very elegant and powerful aroma, turn over may be too unpleasant for their power, not to apply too much. The recommended age range I think is only for men above 30 years is not a fragrance for teens or young men, you are too many ripe aroma. A perfect cold weather settles for this scent, I feel that projects authority, but not with the class as the one with Eau Sauvage. I think romantic use may vary among women who adore this EDT and detest it, use it carefully

diorshowman

This is very similar to Versace The Dreamer, as it is very powdery and mildly floral. But unlike The Dreamer,which uses lily as its primary flower, Dior Homme uses iris...hence Dior Homme has that "makeup bag" smell to it.For those of you guys who like Cool Water, this might not be for you. This takes some guts to pull off, because it is borderline feminine, kind of like Kenzo Power. The key word is borderline. Dior Homme is NOT like a flowerbomb like Fleur du male, which is VERY VERY floral. Dior Homme is very controlled in that it does not hit you with a bouquet like Fleur du Male. This is my new favorite, and will be my signature scent for a while.

Longevity:B
Projection:B
Uniqueness:A
Versatility:B
OVERALL: A

Douche Meter: 1/5*

*check out my profile to see what the douche meter is

BIG
BIG

DRY POWDER....it's what i get from this scent. I tried to like it. It makes me associate it with a make-up bag full on lipstick and powder. I can't wear this...but i'm happy that others find it wearable.

bwcw81
bwcw81

This is almost 99% too similar to YSL L'Homme! Same sweet, floral and woody scent! Somehow this one slightly drier and longevity seems better than YSL L'Homme. Pretty formal and classy which suit modern man at workplace and nite out! Very good in projection but overall not unique. 6/10 from me.

kylexora

There is something I need to add to this review. Lately I sprayed it on my wrist and after an hour, I get some kinda mixture...have you ever smell Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere?? Can't you find the similarities with this? For me, this is Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere in male version. Or should I say this smell like Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere plus Dior Dune?? I can smell both at the same time...
well, still one of the best choice for men in my opinion...

Rouu
Rouu

every confident man should have a bottle of Dior Homme !!

simply PERFECT ..I LUVE IT

kind of fragrances that takes ur mind at once! the bottle is simply amazing,the fragrance is so warm,sweet based masculine enough to balance that sweetness hit

so wearable ,elegant,classy and gorgeous fragrance for men through different age stages !

teedee
teedee

Dior Homme is wonderful!
warm and close to the skin without being sticky.

i love the middle notes: how the iris, amber and woodsy notes intertwine together.

the scent is not as sharp as other men'c cologne i have tried. smooth and warm...

lovely.

lialu
lialu

Wonderful scent for a man. My fave on any guy. A classic in the making. Gorgeous bottle too..

NikoSpiko
NikoSpiko

I can smell a man wearing this a million miles away, I love it. And I love to wear it myself, this is a perfect perfume.

snitchings
snitchings

to be honest this fragrance is more like boss soul with a smell from the 80's.

personally i just did not like it.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

After a wide searching among a large scope of male fragrances, finally I bought this one as a birthday gift for one of my male friends.

Yes, it's smokey, low-key, luxurious, dark and not too thick, and it really smells expensive, also, the lasting power is great. Really a standout fragrance for men. I do like it!

ravjan
ravjan

I find this smell utterly off-putting! All I can smell there is anise which I really hate! Plus there's way too much musk in the later stage.
As much as I love the bottle design and as much as I'd love to have it in my bathroom I wouldn't stand the smell on my skin. Pity!

Lailica
Lailica

I don't know why SACKS (Brasil) didn't print my review...Are they scared if this frag is considered UNISEX men in Brasil will stop using it? (review in Portuguese see below). Well I consider it totally unisex - iris and lavander, not sweet for a feminine but nevertheless quite soft. I liked it a lot because I love iris. I would say the feminine counterpart would be Gianfranco Ferre for women.
Iris e lavander - ultra suave e UNISSEX -totalmente - na minha opinião. Fiquei um pouco apreensiva, mas já tinha lido várias opiniões no makeupalley.com e muitas mulheres estão usando essa fragrância, pois justamente não é muito doce (nem um pouco) mas não é um masculino forte. A fixação em mim náo é boa, mas eu adoro iris,portanto...

costaleo
costaleo

Dior Homme is a great fragrance. When I first tried it I was not impressed. On the contrary, I thought it was too feminine and completely out of question for me. It happens so that I swapped a bottle of a perfume I disliked for a 1-oz bottle of Dior Homme ( I thought that I could make no mistake having a Dior) and to my surprise it won me over. It did for some good reasons: its uniqueness, its comfort to wear, its romantic aura and its charm. It's not a scent to wear to work, but to the movies with the one you love...

Barney Stinson
Barney Stinson

This is for the urban, classy and elegant gentleman with a lot of confidence. The lipstick/makeup opening has put me off the first time I wore this but I'm so glad I gave it another chance. Dior Homme has good sillage and longevity with a cacao middle and a nice leather drydown with hints of vetiver.
Ideal use is for those romantic and sweet occacions.

MarkZG
MarkZG

Dear friends,

I love this perfume, it's elegance and attitude.

But, in my case, it's not long lasting! Such a shame! I don t know what to do!!!

Fereiro
Fereiro

One of the best creations of recent years. Very complex, balanced and elegant fragrance. Nothing similar to this and it's beautifull from start to finish. Combination of iris and leather (mmm...suede?) sounds best of all to me. Dior Homme is rather difficult to understand for some folks out there, but usually this applies to the "trendy fresh scent" crowd. Iris here is not oversweetened or feminine, may be a little bit dusty, but this is very manly interpretation of it. The longevity is above average, wish it could last longer. By the way, it seemed to me, that longevity in 2005 (the first time I purchased it) was much longer than in the present days. Could it be possible that concentration became lighter? Or may be my skin chemistry changed?

guest_selliiaan
guest_selliiaan

The best male perfume ever. The Chanel n5 for Men

Pureness
Pureness

Amazing.

scenturian

One of the best leather dry down.
Leather with cacao and iris cause the lipsticky accord, but when woody notes join tame it. It is so sensual, smooth silky, slightly powdery, woody and sweety gourmandish.
Longevity and sillage r really good, stays longer on clothes.
It is quite distinct fragrance in the era of aqua-fresh. One of the best launches of the last decade. Drives women crazy for sure!
I haven't smelt anything similar 2this one b4.
More suitable 4fall-winter and romantic occasions.
IMO it is unisex and can be worn by women easily as well.

Michael 53

Dior Homme is a top shelf cologne. The transition of notes from top to bottom is wonderful. Longevity is excellent. Wearing Dior Homme will definitely bring compliments. As with all colognes, when shopping it’s very important to spray on your wrist, this will give you a truer sense of fragrance and note transition as it relates to your own chemistry.

MattAyJay
MattAyJay

Fantastic fragrance...stands on its own as distinctive and it doesn't smell like the mainstream of generic perfumes out there in the market. I got this as a gift and I loved it! Classy, strong yet gentle.

bloodflower
bloodflower

this is the epitomy of masculinity for me, a real man, with a warm heart, an open mind and strong will, a man i want to hug..and stay there forever.

MR.ClickClick
MR.ClickClick

Wearing this for a second time was a completely different experience. I was totally wrong on my outtake of Dior Homme the first time I reviewed. Dior Homme does indeed smell like lipstick, or reminiscent of it at least.

It smells "pretty" for sure. Women can easily get away with this. The notes that stick out to me the most now are the lavender, leather, cacao, iris, a hint of bergamot and amber. Now I'm really curious to what gives it the make up smell... My best guess is the iris and leather, but who knows eh?

I do think it takes guts for a man to wear this considering how "girly" it is. It's so sweet, rich, calm, inviting, creamy and comforting.

The dry down is rewarding and gets powdery. The longevity is a little over average from when I stop smelling it, which is about 5 hours into wearing it. As far as sillage goes it seems to stay very close to the skin and doesn't project too much. Probably what Olivier Polge was going for anyways.

I wouldn't use this for everyday wear. Mostly special or night time use. Get the Sport version for daily wear, it's amazing as well. :)

I really do like it, it just had to grow on me. I do consider it a modern day classic. That's probably why DH and DHS are the only remaining scents in the Dior Homme line on Dior's official site.

curtis.w
curtis.w

I remember the day Dior Homme first grabbed hold of me (and I also remember the satisfaction of getting a big bottle of it shortly thereafter). It was a bright and warm Spring day on the San Francisco peninsula, and I sprayed a hefty dose of it on either arm before walking out into the late-morning sun. Once I stepped outside and the sun began to warm my skin, I was met with a thick, powdery grey fog of iris, tinted purple with lavender, which, though I couldn't place it at the time, creates something not unlike the wet scent of shredded carrots (and, somehow, as some scents are able to do, it manages to evoke the physical texture as well). And though it has a very wet character up top, there is also a hint of dryness from the sage. As it starts to dry down, the initial coolness of the scent is warmed up a bit by amber, and here I can also begin to detect a bit of chocolate in the finish, but the focus of the scent remains, for the most part, the same initial, wonderful mix of iris and lavender. The drydown is much subtler as the floral notes fade slightly, bringing out soft, supple leather flanked by hints of mild patchouli and vetiver. From start to finish, this is a wonderful wear.

At times, DH comes across as a little waxy, which, along with the leather note, has led some to criticize it as smelling like the bottom of a woman's purse or make-up bag. I get a little waxiness at times, but it's not enough to bother me; if you get too much of it, and it starts to get to you, just try to think of it as a bit of lipstick on your collar, put it behind you, and enjoy this amazing scent, which, in my opinion, is one of the best masculine releases of the past few years. One last thing: guys, if you get a bottle for yourself, guard it carefully, as the ladies have been known to covet it and may attempt to take it for their own.

the_good_life
the_good_life

The working titles for this were ‘Oedipus’ and ‘Régréssion pour homme’ since it is all about smelling like that tangled creature that was you/your mother when she was cleaning up your little wet-diaper behind. That sweet flowery blend of soap, cream, baby talcum and her perfume... I have it on good authority that this was created by Sigmund Freud for the house of Dior in 1935, but it was not released at the time due to the excessive popularity of anally repressive scents in much of Europe. Now, however its time has come. It is brilliantly executed, as you would expect from the greatest healer of tormented psyches, wrapping you in a seamless warm blanket of long-repressed infant memories of unlimited attention-pleasure-instant-gratification. What better scent to comfort (and, perhaps, anaesthesize) the anxious multitude cowering in the cold light of the neoliberal global order?

LastingNote
LastingNote

I think I love this..Might buy. :D Base note is very strong though the freshness is bit lacking than the sport version

kylexora

at first smell, i already fall in love with this perfume. yes, i know it's for men, but i love it... because i'm big fan of floral woody perfume..i'm not kinda typical girl who love sweet perfume. this is very mysterious fragrance and not every man can use it. for ladies, you can get one. but remember, just spray once, it will add mysterious aura around you.

Yiorgos
Yiorgos

its my favourite EVER! Warm, classy, sexy, romantic, seductive (all together!) Have you ever smell something better than this? Its a legend on perfumes. I love the iris in it.

DC-8
DC-8

That's a great perfume. Really classy. It could satisfy almost everyone from classic to modern. A great choice for parties and a good companion for a nice suit in the evenings and nights.

Top notes are fresh but so quickly turn into a spicy powdery thing that lasts for long.

Drydown notes are still powdery and spicy. There's something intense, bitter and spicy in that which bothers my nose a bit. However, it's a very great frag. 8/10

Longevity is good and wearing some moisturizer for dry skins, would even advance it.

One legendary masterpiece from Dior.

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

This is a fragrance unlike any other. Its beauty is something that is instantly evocative; a beautifully fragrant dream in hushed floral and seductive musk with wood hues. I love so many scents, but if pressed for a favorite this masterpiece comes to mind first.

Castor
Castor

Iris plus leather turnining into a cloying nightmare. I hate the iris, I love the leather. Can't make up my mind.

nikornplay
nikornplay

romantic sweet floral with musk.
I love amber when it dry down.

I found this one not casual at all.this need a good cloth to match .

I will try to wear this perfume with an old t-shirt and a sneaker shoe with old jean.
wonder what it will be? I will tell you next time.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

Dior Homme smells like an old lady's makeup bag. It's a strange fragrance and may not be everyone's best choice, but its combination of iris and cacao is really intriguing and inviting.

Some people tend to classify it as a gourmand scent, due to the cacao note, but for me it's more lik a floral woody fragrance.

I seldom reach for it and when I finally decide it's a good situation to spray it, I usually wish the makeup bag smell could vanish in minutes...

Classy, long lasting and weirdo.

cocomademoisellerie
cocomademoisellerie

Being a woman, I also use it and I like it for the "off-sweetness" it has in comparison to other iris-containing parfums for women. At first it seemed to be a good alternative to emporio armani she, because almost everybody wears this in my country.
I have it since while.I don't know if the scent changed or if it's my mind that changed, but it turned in to sth really independent and outstanding. Never smelled anything comparable to this. It's simple and complex at the same time. Like an interesting person it takes a while to reveal its character.

Timeless
Timeless

I like it. It´s an extravagant fragrance.
It smells clean, I´m in end of Summer weather and feel fresh, with a great smell.
At the beginning the Iris is almost notorious (as a floral scent) and changes in a couple of hours to very soft cacao.
Many women wondered as a good scent and asked what was I using. It could be a sexy fragrance.
It has Mid to Long-Lasting.

I recommend to test before buying. It may be as a unisex.

minimalist
minimalist

Can't stand it: I know it's considered a new classic, but the whole thing smells like flowers with butter.No-No

FUELedbyCHAOS
FUELedbyCHAOS

This is not your "manly" scent I agree. That's why I like it. It evolves with great complexity and MUST be applied to the skin. The powdery iris note dries down to a musky sensuality that is one of a kind! It seems to last on me all day, which is almost impossible and I love even wearing the deodorant alone, esp. for church or a light function. It does take a man comfortable with his sexuality to enjoy it, but SO many people compliment me on it it cannot be wrong.

enigmatict
enigmatict

A cousin of mine wears this, and allthough it smells great on him it smells divine on me. This is definitely a unisex fragrance, maybe it even smells better on women.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Definitely, this cologne is not for anyone. It needs to be a real man with class to be able to sustain the scent of this cologne.

At first, it is important to highlight the beauty of the bottle: heavy, straight lines, with a central aluminum tube and the CD initials engraved on the lid. A beautiful presentation!

The fragrance is troubled, initially, as it brings a strange aroma of makeup - resulting from iris notes – which can be a problem for many potential users. It's the kind of fragrance that needs time to rest and evolve on the skin and this can be harmful, for the most part.

Composed with top notes of lavender, sage and cardamom, followed by heart notes of iris, cocoa and amber, full of intensity by the base notes of vetiver, leather and patchouli, this cologne can be dry and creamy and, at the same time, slightly sweet and floral, with wood accents and the presence of leather.

It is sober, modern and is a representative of success and wealth. Great scent for great men!

asfa
asfa

this one its the master of perfumes misterius dark and so sexy ,give me the feel of a luxary man

ccampli
ccampli

Hands down, definitely one of my favorite male fragrances. I was completely intrigued and hypnotized the first time I smelt it on male skin- this is a rare occurrence for me, as most male fragrances I come across are quite similar.

Truly unique and complex. I love the combination of notes and the way it reacts to the skin- Undeniably sexy and oozes charisma and character.

guillermostf

i like this fragrance, 'cause it's very sexy, remind me a lipstick, this one smell like a lipstick. The only thing i dislike is that's very soft.

storm
storm

wow, very nice and different. not everyman's cup of tea but, smells great! cheers!

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

A romantique scent. Very suitable for fall weather. It's soft, sweet, gentle and sexy. I just wish it has a better longervity.

powerindoing
powerindoing

I love this fragrance. Its a cologne that only true cologne fans would appreciate for its complexity. It changes throughout the day of wearing it but one of my favorite parts is the iris. It has such a haunting character, its there one minute and then gone the next.
I agree with girco that it does have limited wearability. It is definitely a sensual scent, and not appropriate for all situations. Especially important with this cologne (as it is with most high end fragrances) that this be applied directly to the skin. It completely changes the scent.

ct1980
ct1980

it must be the leather but when my husband wears this i can't even go near him, makes me think of an old greaseball...definately would not recommend it but obviously some will like it

ticalau
ticalau

I have 2 say that this one it's my favourite! It's a powerful fragrance, a long lasting and just amazing from top notes 2 the base notes! Love it!

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

I like wearing this in the winter time. A classic great smelling fragrance.

guest_ulrikm
guest_ulrikm

[******] Bold and original with dark floral notes, yet masculine. A self-confident, almost suave scent (but not cool, nor casual). Best for night time. My favourite men's scent and an ideal signature scent. Very long lasting. Spawned a lot of copycat floral scents (eg, Viktor&Rolf), all inferior. Handsome design also.

afraafra
afraafra

A real gentlemans fragrance, very good sillage and great leather drydown

Dior Homme by Dior 4.36 out of 5 based on 1771 ratings and 250 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Dior Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Dior Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dior Homme by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dior Homme by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.