Designers » D E » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Dior Homme Cologne Dior for men

Dior Homme Cologne Dior for men
dislike

cacao

Dior Homme Cologne by Dior is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. Dior Homme Cologne was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Francis Kurkdjian. Top notes are lavender, neroli, sage, cardamom, bergamot and mandarin orange; middle note is iris; base notes are cacao, amber, leather, patchouli and vetiver.

Lavender Neroli Sage Cardamom Bergamot Mandarin Orange

iris

Cacao Amber Leather Patchouli Vetiver

Dior Homme Cologne Fragrance Reviews

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Dior Homme, with its blandness buffed out. A little lighter, a bit more fruit on top, and an standard drydown of Biolandes iris, powdery cacao, and white musk. The kicker: I disliked the heavy and somber aspects of the original, so this lighter, more cheerful variation is very welcome. There's some pleasant cardamom and herbal textures in the heart and far drydown that prevent this from being a total snore. Worth trying if you wanted to like Dior Homme.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

To me both DH edt and cologne is very good in their own right !!
Yes the cologne isn't as strong but what's wrong with that!!!!!
I decided to buy the cologne because I found that the longviety wasn't that much less then the EDT on my skin.
First off, the cologne version is perfect during the summer months because if you want to wear a frag that is light enough and yet you could still smell it after 4-5hrs....the cologne does that in my opinion.
The opening notes of lavender, cardamom and neroli all work really well the iris which is what both edt and cologne have.
The base notes of Amber with Cocoa and patchouli gives it that signature mark of Dior's men's fragrance.
Overall view,
I have already had several woman come up and compliment me. To be honest I'm surprised that this cologne lasts as long as it does.
DH cologne is an aromatic frag with a very luxurious sweet/floral/powedery scent...very good!!!
Longevity is very good...Silage is moderate. An excellent choice as a trans from winter to spring into the long summer day's.
Rating this frag is....8/10 ..If the longevity and silage was about 1hrs more it would elevate this frag to a BRILLIANT fragrance. ★★★★ :-)

mofojo74
mofojo74

Fantastic...wear this as your work scent,Dh homme as your day off scent,and Dh homme intense as your night out scent...job done!!!! It is a beautiful scent!! I really lay it on thick like a body spray and it doesn't cloy,people love it,compliments galore with this one!!!

Antares811
Antares811

Amazing male perfume, fresh and citrusy in the opening, powdery and warm the drydown, very longlasting. I like it very much. Recommended.

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

This doesn't smell at all like Dior Homme to me; all I get is a sweet mandarin. But it's quite subtle and not as cloying and candyish as the fruit notes in women's perfumes. Powdery mandarin; does that make any sense?

Cassiano
Cassiano

This review it’s all about the original version, released in 2007, since Dior has just released a version with the same name in 2013, with a totally different aroma (even the color of the liquid has changed).

This Cologne is the exact version - with lower concentration of essence – of the EDT version. This means that the aroma keeps wonderful, with its output of lavender, mandarin, neroli and cardamom, embraced by the dry and powdery tone of iris and fortified, at the base, by notes of cocoa, leather, vetiver and amber. However, the famous "makeup smell", resulting from the mixture of iris and cocoa in the heart of the EDT, is minimized here (in this one, the cocoa is at the base) and the fragrance seems to hit the skin evolved, skipping steps and getting only with the more velvety and creamy scent from the EDT version, after hours of applied. Has a shy projection, but lasts very well.

Excellent solution for who loves the scent of Dior Homme, but can't withstand such "makeup smell" for hours. In addition, this version can be worn with greater versatility, since it is not so intense. For those who enjoy greater intensity, it better get to know Dior Homme Intense.

craniumbash

I bought this for a very good price myself and it blew me away, it lasts more than the DHS 2008 and is quite a beautiful fragrance. I consider myself lucky for getting my hands on this.

Marciu
Marciu

I have a chance to buy 125 ml of this Dior Homme Cologne vintage for a quite good price. Is it worth? What I mean is: could it be worn whole year round, and how long does it lasts? Thank you for your responses!

@junior halston

Many people relate that dry powdery scent that hits the throat in the beginning as "lipstick" note. well in my opinion that is, though its the iris.

sameh
sameh

a lighter edition but still very good 4 the summer time .... like it !

Heverton
Heverton

Dior Homme Cologne, launched in 2007 is in my opinion, a watered down version of the original.

The fragrance opens up with a slightly citrus aroma guaranteed by bergamot supported by the characteristic lipstick/makeup smell produced by Iris, but in this one, with much less power than the original.

Over time, the smell develops basically to iris followed by a slight aroma of leather.

My conclusion: if you want a classic, stick with the original. This one was made for those who wanted to insist on traditional Dior Homme, but was afraid to get a too feminine look. Oh by the way, the longevity is poor.

junior halston
junior halston

Can I ask what the hell is a 'lipstick' accord? I never knew lipstick even had a scent?

junglefun
junglefun

Great scent, if you want to smell like stale lipstick. How did this ever hit the market? And crazy how some people like it, I must be from another planet.

periquito89
periquito89

There is no overstatement about the lipstik smell. This is really, really in fact, the first detectable thing. And this is the Cologne version. I just can imagine how the original and the intense version smell like. By no means "bad", but it recalls that. No doubt. And I find it interesting, allthough probably I would look for something else. I can say some other things: I don't get any citrus, at least not enough to make any difference (maybe because it is all on Dior H Sport); the lipstik smell is no more predominant after 15, 25 minutes; and just after about 30 minutes I get something that remembers me Armani Attitude Extreme, when it becomes a bit common to my nose. Despise its citric begining (a bit too much for some, not for me anymore), DHSport shines more (not just a "sporty" scent). P.S.: I have a tendency to keep smelling my wrist when I spray some scents. Dior Homme Sport has proved that, and now the same for Dior Homme Cologne and Guerlain L'Instant pour Homme. Interesting.

Update (03.04.2011): Two notes. I tried Dior Homme Intense and I was guessing wrong. Intense is much more sweet of course, but that lipstik smell is so well mixed with other notes that you get it clearly only in the first moments. In Cologne it lasts a bit more. And actually is not bad. But maybe you wouldn't like to smell it. As for the citrus, I finally got it on Cologne. Since I put Intense, a more heavy one, on one wrist, and Cologne on another, I could feel the citrus in the last. Very very mild.

getcarter
getcarter

I had tested the regular DH (a bit "thick" for me) and DH Sport (a bit too much ginger for my taste) so I bought the 125ml "Cologne" version "on spec" sight unsmelt. I thought the (alleged) citrus would temper the heaviness of the regular DH but I cannot make out the citrus at all. Perhaps it is just its development on my skin. Having said that, it's light and subtle but not banal. It is dictinctive and can be worn here in the tropics. Glad I bought it.

Fereiro
Fereiro

Fresher and luminous version of the original EDT. I like its smoky sweet and fresh opening. It has a huge trail. But there is a worst thing about it - it has no longevity at all. Great fragrance, great price, expensive components against weak and poor lasting expirience. I've been expecting more from Dior and at this price, also. 5/10 for its qualitative weakness.

Castor
Castor

Iris plus leather without the cloying nightmare Dior Homme EdT is. I would love to have it but... given the price, is it worth it ?

Edit: the 2013 version has nothg to do with the one reviewed: The ne formulation is an Edt based in the Sport flanker, with prominent sillage and longevity for an eau.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

I prefer the Dior Homme edt. This cologne is lighter, softer, fresher and more citrus. Besides, it fades away too fast. A cute scent. But it's not worth buying.

Dior Homme Cologne by Dior 4.32 out of 5 based on 91 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Dior Homme Cologne fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Dior Homme Cologne, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dior Homme Cologne by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dior Homme Cologne by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.