Designers » D E » Chypre « Groups

Diorama Dior for women

Diorama Dior for women
dislike

leather
Diorama Dior for women Pictures Diorama Dior for women Pictures Diorama Dior for women Pictures Diorama Dior for women Pictures Diorama Dior for women Pictures

Diorama by Dior is a Chypre fragrance for women. Diorama was launched in 1949. The nose behind this fragrance is Edmond Roudnitska. Top notes are bergamot, peach, melon and plum; middle notes are jasmine, gardenia, tuberose, nutmeg, clove, cinnamon, rose, lily-of-the-valley, violet, caraway and pepper; base notes are vetiver, musk, sandalwood, oak moss, virginia cedar, castoreum, civetta and leather.

Bergamot Peach Melon Plum

Jasmine Gardenia Tuberose Nutmeg Clove Cinnamon Rose Lily-of-the-Valley Violet Caraway Pepper

Vetiver Musk Sandalwood oak moss Virginia Cedar Castoreum Civetta Leather

Dior Dior
Le Parfum de Therese
Diorella

Diorama Fragrance Reviews

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

I have a vintage sample of Diorama that has perhaps lost some of its top notes, but I forgive it. I think it's the heart and base notes that make this perfume the lady it is.

As has often been noted, it's a flower and animal chypre, but what does that tell you if you've never smelled it? Does it tell you, for instance, that I was drinking unsweetened chai as I first smelled Diorama this morning, and that after attending to my wrist for a few minutes I took a sip of my drink and it tasted sweet? Does it tell you that while the perfume lasts, the sillage is stupendous, head-turning? Would you know that it smells like a fur stole and new leather gloves worn by a woman who would simply laugh at you if you told her "fur is murder"?

I have no objection to the use of synthetics in perfumes. I know that they preserve natural resources,allow for a constency that might otherwise be impossible, give us unprecedented notes etc...but what I cannot endure is ingredients that smell chemical. I loathe the biting, harsh, sinus-scouring edges so common to cheap perfumes, and now increasingly found in not-cheap perfumes.

Diorama stands with you licking her chops at the prospect of trashing those little science projects. She's a gorgeous chimera, a force of nature.

HazelMae
HazelMae

I find it tiresome when people complain about Luca Turin and The Guide. The complaints seem full of straw men to me: who are the people in danger of slavishly following The Guide and not trusting their own tastes? And so what if they did, and they never learned to appreciate Creed? This does not make my list of things to get churlish about. But then my parents started me on Pauline Kael as a young child, and now I am grateful to them.

It is true that sometimes Luca Turin seems jaded, like the only thing that will grab his attention these days is the latest from some experimental house with a witty new iceberg lettuce and shorted-out motherboard accord. For me, this just adds to the fun. However I do wonder if he steered us a bit wrong on this and Parfum de Therese. I was lucky enough to find a half a vintage bottle of this in a thrift store. The top notes were messed up, but as soon as I put it on, I perceived the relationship between Diorella, PDT and this, and felt very pleased with myself. I am not advanced enough to understand why this supposedly sucks and PDT is not a masterpiece. I actually wear this once in a while now, just because I want to, not as an experiment. And my boyfriend likes it too, he says he wishes they still made things more like this. So there.

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

In my experience, Vintage Diorama, which I own in EDT and parfum, is a slightly sweeter version of vintage Miss Dior. In other words, it's wonderful with its Miss Dior structure and hints of the plummy Femme Rochas.

However, the reformulated version is more like a salty/ citrus-y combination of vintage Diorella and Frederic Malle's Parfum de Theresse where the original Diorama scent only shows its beautiful self in the far dry down, just as it starts to fade out.

I have to say that I really like this reformulated Diorama for the scent that it is, but it's not really Diorama as it was originally intended. If you want to experience something closer to what the original Diorama was, try Molinard's Chypre de Orient for which I've also written a review.

fazalcheema
fazalcheema

today i got original diorama and now my vintage diorama and diorling set is complete. i actually thought i may like diorling more but i think diorama has impressed me more.

btw, Henrietta, new diorling has no resemblance to original diorling and same is true for diorama..anyone who has smelled both versions can testify to that...even Dior's perfumer who has created new versions admitted he doesnt like new versions but his hands were tied due to material restrictions...so new versions of diorling and diorama should be taken as completely different fragrances that only share brand and perfume name with their ancestors

dhiagelev
dhiagelev

What sophistication, spicy, woody, elegant. I utterly adored it and felt like a forties model when I wore it, which is a style that suits me down to the ground. I have been trying to get hold of it for a while now. Unfortunately my ex-husband hated it, claiming it smelled like fly spray. That only made me fonder of it!
This is really an unusual perfume, very individual, and definitely everyone's perfume, but for those whom it suits, it is just perfect. Tres Dior!!

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

I got a bottle of vintage cologne for a great price on ebay and it was 2/3 full by the picture. When it got to me, the package was in USPS plastic baggy, uh oh. There remained about 1/3 in the bottle, the lid was loose. Grrr.... Anyway, the package and the room I opened it in smelled FANTASTIC. Slightly aftershave-ish, I believe that would be the vetiver. But man, what an addictive scent.

I got a big bottle of the new Diorama edt again on ebay, it was a tester and I have no reason to doubt the authenticity. What a disappointment. This one is primarily jasmine on me. There is just a hint of the vetiver and other ingredients, barely, on drydown. Not even close. I don't even mind that it only lasts about 2 hours. Now I have no idea how to rate this scent!

Henriette
Henriette

THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE REWORKED DIORAMA
That Roudnitska is a genius we already know. That you can buy his creations blindly is another truth. Obviously if you like his style which is elegant, refined, never too claimed, understated.
This scents is a powerful mixture of every nuance can be found in a perfume: there are flowers, citrus notes, powder, fruits, leather. All so well balanced that one may wonder how this could be possible by a human. I really wonder if Monsieur Roudnitska was only human.
Wearing Diorama you have the impression of wearing Diorella (the citrus opening notes), Dior Dior (the exploding of flowers and honeysuckle coming from behind), Diorling (the powder and leather notes). The fruits is the new note, the innovation in this wonderful scent from the range of the other Dior's masterpieces I have listed here. Among the whole of Dior's range this is certainly the best creation in my opinion, it sums up what Dior used to be, what elegance was, what a classy woman anchored to the past but with her eyes to the future should wear. Incredible scent, just in between past and future, perfect if you love the vintage feel and the modern trend. Unbelievable.

oona noir
oona noir

The vintage parfum bears Roudnitska's mark. Anyone familiar with his work would be able to identify the nose in a blind sniff. Right out of the vial I get cumin, peach and possibly basil. There are noticeable similarities to Diorella and the current Rochas Femme. As it develops, there is a strong leather that appears and I'm reminded of Le Parfum de Therese. If you are a Roudnitska fan, this is definitely one to sniff, but if you are looking for something to wear almost anything of his that is still in production would work.

Diorama by Dior 4.12 out of 5 based on 52 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Diorama fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Diorama, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Diorama by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Diorama by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.