Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Diorissimo Dior for women
dislike

I have it: 761 I had it: 533 I want it: 551 My signature: 20

soapy
Diorissimo Dior for women Pictures Diorissimo Dior for women Pictures Diorissimo Dior for women Pictures

Diorissimo is a romantic fragrance of the 50’s. At its heart, a gentle lily of the valley, blooms as Dior’s favorite “fortune” flower. Diorissimo is fresh and clear, just like a dewy, spring morning in the woods. Top notes include lily-of-the- valley and ylang-ylang, the heart is composed of amaryllis and boronia, leaving a jasmine trail. Christian Dior believed that lily-of-the valley is the symbol of hope, happiness and joy. French consider lily of the valley as the legendary flower. According to the legend a brave and fearless fighter, called Saint Leonard wanted, to spend his days among the flowers and trees and live a life dedicated to God. He asked permission to go live in the woods. A dragon called Temptetaion lived in those woods. They fought and blood was spilled. Leonard bravely fought the dragon until it was defeated. Poisonous weeds began to grow where the dragon spilled his blood, but beds of lilies of the valley started to grom wherever the ground was moistened with Saint Leonard's. The French believe that lily-of-the valley is a holy flower and so did Christian Dior whichinspired the creation of this wonderful fragrance.

The creator from Grasse, France, Edmond Roudnitska, wanted to create a perfume that would be revolutionary and break the trend of sweet perfumes that were dominating the market. The goal was to simplifie perfume’s formula and create a perfume that’s simple and luminous. He dreamed of perfume similar to that of muguet that enveloped his senses when he was resting in his garden. Dior and Roudnitska met in 1955 and made their dream come true in 1956- Diorissimo was created!The perfume was represented by an illustration by René Gruau.According to Christian Dior, Diorissimo is the perfume of his spirit, or, "the scented expression of his soul".

Green Leaves Bergamot

Lily

Diorissimo Fragrance Reviews

Centsless
Centsless

Wow this is beautiful. Lily of the valley done perfectly, so much nicer than Jessica McClintock. Something about it makes me sad and melancholy, which is odd because it's so pretty.

Scentmad
Scentmad

In this review I am referencing the vintage Diorissimo. This frag is a heap of Lily of the Valley, with peppery and fresh green notes (daffodils/grass/dewy spring leaves) and it’s delicious. Now, this is a perfume I initially struggled to get on with when I was younger. As a devotee of Diorella I thought I would love Diorissimo but it’s been a long old journey and I have to say it’s be worthwhile. I have dipped into this perfume over the years hoping that it would suit my skin and play nice. Finally, I have been rewarded and I have begun to fall in love with it. I adore Lily of the Valley and have worn Penhaligon’s Lily of the Valley for eons which is a fantastic composition IMHO and leagues ahead in many respects – maybe because it suits me more.

I would say that Diorissimo does not share the complexity of Diorella or Dioressence however it’s very pretty and sparkles beautifully – absolutely perfect for spring.

ancaan
ancaan

I think my heart just skipped a beat! I had a chance to test this today in a perfume shop and i must confess, first time i took a sniff, it didn't impress me much. But as the time passed by, it developed into the most refreshing scent I've ever smelled recently. The lilac and lily of the valley are the most dominant notes here, merging into an almost men's cologne. It's so invigorating, like bathing yourself in a mountain river and catching a breath of fresh air. It's definitely on my "to buy" list. It would be a beautiful scent in hot sunny days.

lassmichdich
lassmichdich

beauty and happiness, sometimes on the verge of hurting but never actually do. like looking at a beautifully lit sky where the sun peeks out of clouds or other objects.
i predict i'll have it before long, i can't imagine to be strong enough and reasonable about my exploding perfume collection...
it's just very harmonious and pretty is all.
and like the cherry on top, longlivity and projection are excellent, too.

lanuitblanche
lanuitblanche

I have a vintage circa 70's, and it's like a drunk lily-of-the-valley, that joyfully laughs and laughs on my skin, like a naughty pixie or a peal of tiny bells. There's just nothing more Spring-like than Diorissimo. I ADORE IT.

Sillage is gorgeous, and it has my preferred projection, about 2 feet. Up close, it is soft on me. Very strange and delightful.

Maglyn613

I got a sample of the EDP and, as hopeful as I was that this would be better than my current sig frag (JMC, JMC) it is not as good. There is something missing in it. It is really beautiful and I can't figure out what exactly, but the JMC has something Diorissimo doesn't. I have now tried Muguet Des Bois, Van Cleef Muguet and Bonhair and none of them is even close, in my opinion. I wonder what it is that is missing.

Antares811
Antares811

Wow! Great floral. Beautiful lily-of-the-valley. Elegant and feminine. A must have for big florals lovers.
One of my favorites.

Maglyn613

I just need to ask ; I just ordered some of Dioissimo vintage and can someone tell me something? I have been a user of Jessica McClintock for over 20 yrs and would like to switch because, although I love JM, I think there is just something a little off about it. I have just recently realized it is the LOTV I am really in love with and there is a scent out there that is what I want because I have smelled it. I wonder if someone could describe to me the difference between the two fragrances. I think the sample I smelled in a magazine was what made me fall for the JM so I guess that means I loved the top notes.

app9
app9

Oh, I got Diorissimo from my beloved grandmother, the lady of the ladies, when I was maybe 12 years old. I used to love lily of the valley back then, and spray copious amounts of this on to my skin. I wore Diorissimo when I went to 7th grade - I surely stood out of the group wearing something like that. What a perfume for a 12 year old! I had a passionate relationship with Diorissimo, until my body chemistry changed (puberty, anyone?) and it started to smell horrible. Too much civet for a teenager. I threw it away, which I regret, now that my grandmother is passed away, and it would remind me of her, almost 12 years later...

But it's a wonderful, old timey scent. I think it would suit someone, who loves Jane Austen novels and white lace.

MyFairLady
MyFairLady

I absolutely adore this fragrance. I get my beloved lily-of-the-valleys right from the beginning on my skin, later mixed with jasmine. The scent is so incredibly gentle and delicate - like a lovely bouget in fresh water, so full of life. Just beautiful. One of my favourites.

kmcgrath
kmcgrath

I love lily of the valley and jasmine so I was really looking forward to trying this (and paid quite a bit to get my hands on a sample). It opens with the strong sharp smell of lily of the valley and green notes (including the sweet smell of fresh cut grass). However, there was also an unwelcome note that reminded me of latex. As it mellowed, the lily of the valley became sweeter and a touch of jasmine emerged.

Overall, I was disappointed. In my opinion, there was nothing special about it - I've smelled prettier, more tempered lily of the valley perfumes for far less money. It smelled synthetic to me. While it dies down very nicely, the fragrance is very subtle at that point. I won't be buying this one.

fiouu
fiouu

I'm just going to say:
I've had this (vintage), I HAVE this, and I plan on repurchasing as long as it exists.
There's nothing more comfortable, safe (in a really really good way), pleasant than Diorissimo.
I've admired and loved this perfume since I remember, the muguet... so natural, so enticing, so fresh and at the same time warm.
When I wear this I feel free, calm, happy.
This is a fragrance that will always evoke good times.

aliora
aliora

A friend of my mother apparently wore this really well (and in the EDT formulation no less) and this was the perfume she wanted me to wear when I was a budding teenage perfumista. Something light and floral. Pretty.

It smelled like mothballs on me.

I wish I got what so many people have described below, but I don't think my chemistry agrees with this, and over the years, I've realized that lily of the valley, or lily of anything really doesn't sit right on me.

That said, a friend of mine pointed out that there's actually quite a bit of jasmine in this blend, and jasmine can read like mothballs on me too, so that might be the culprit.

flamingjune5dwj
flamingjune5dwj

This fragrance and the original Miss Dior remind me so much of my mother, she loves them both, but alas, as many have commented the current productions of all these beautiful old fragrances are just not the same.

My mother still has old bottles of both Diorissimo and Miss Dior, they belonged to her mother originally, and I remember when I was younger, sneaking a dab of that old Diorissimo bottle every now and then - it was a richer creamier sweeter lily of the valley, that seemed to linger and last for such a long time. A beautiful delicate floral.

I recently purchased my mother the new most likely reformulated bottle, and although she loved it, we both agree that it is not the same. I still enjoy spritzing it on when I am home just for the sake of memories, but it is no longer the sweet creamy lily of my childhood - it is a greener sharper and soapier lily, that unfortunately fades quickly. The actually lily of the valley note is only present in the new bottle for me in the opening, as soon as it dries down its all clean green - such a shame.

For the price, I doubt I will buy a bottle of this reformulation for myself. I do hope that one day soon these old legends will be done their true justice once again.

shasta
shasta

This was in high rotation when I had a full bottle. If I could, it would probably be my signature scent. I absolutely adore this scent. It is a fresh, clean, green, true floral. Though somewhat linear which is what attracts me to this scent. Years ago, I saw this in a discount bin in a chain drugstore in some little hick town. Being Dior and ridiculously inexpensive, I bought it. If only that could happen again. Everyone says that it is similar to Jessica McClintlock. While they are similar there is no comparison. I like JM but I love Diorissimo!!

SouthernLady
SouthernLady

This smells like cut grass--there's really no other way to put it. I had read so many glowing reviews about this fragrance that I really, really, REALLY wanted to love it but one spray on my wrist and I couldn't wait to wash it off! So awful.

Admittedly, I know I have the modern incarnation of this scent and I can accept that there could be a stark difference between the original scent and whatever it is now but seriously--I would avoid this one at all costs. Unless maybe you want to seduce your landscaper...

suemass
suemass

My Grandmother loved Muguet Parfume....her home always smelled of it. My Mother loved the real thing, planting hundreds in her front garden. For me, I find it a bit too sweet but will chase down anyone wearing this scent just to indulge in the olfactory memories. This is one of those wonderful and remarkable fragrances that you can never mistake for another. It leaves an imprint of the wearer for a few wonderful minutes. I thank you all that choose to wear it.

greenelf
greenelf

I am surprised to see so much negativity about what I have always thought to be a gorgeous, lush, lily of the valley floral. I have only a tiny mini in the old packaging from the 80's now, but I remember this as one of the most pure and true Muguet based scents I have ever worn--and I LOVE muguet! Coty's "Muguet De Bois" was my first muguet floral, back in high school in the late 60's, and while it was rather loud and uncomplicated compared to this Dior classic, it was affordable and youthful. This scent has the green, wet notes and also the lilac-y note of boronia that you find in real muguet flowers when they are fresh picked. I have always imagined Grace Kelly wearing this, for some reason, back in her 50's glory!I agree that the original Jessica McClintock scent is a lot like Diorissimo--and Cynthia Rowley had a fragrance a bit like it, only not so lasting. Muguet IS a rather virginal scent and I am way over the hill for it, I suppose. I still adore it, though!

rockegg
rockegg

You can't really judge the scent of this by a vintage bottle. I've never known a perfume to go "off" as quickly as this. A fresh bottle smells lovely. An old bottle is bad news. I also found it to be a heartbreaker in another way. The scent lasts about a half hour on me. Total waste of money. Oh, well, who wanted to smell like lilies of the valley anyway? I did ...

Ben's Aldehyde
Ben's Aldehyde

My mom has a big old (very old) bottle of this stuff. She bought it because someone told her it smells just like lily-of-the-valley, her favorite flower.

Lots of "lily-of-the-valley scented" soaps smell like this, but no living flower ever has. Lilies-of-the valley aren't this sweet, and their scent is sharper and clearer.

I find that lilies-of-the-valley have a "singed hair" note, which is present here, but this perfume is one big fuzzy mixed-up boquet, not a portrait of any particular flower.

Perhaps the juice I tried has gone off, or perhaps it's just my skin chemistry, but this bouquet also smells half-dead. It's musty, dull, and sweet with the sweetness of decay. The singed-hair note is particularly prominent on me, which is simply off-putting.

Perhaps if the juice were fresher, or perhaps on another person...

I always did think this one smelled a little funny on my mother. I bet skin chemistry is largely inherited.

Foti
Foti

Very impressive perfume but I don't think it has nothing to do with original Diorissimo. Any body out there knows if this is a late reproduction version by Dior.

stanfield65
stanfield65

This is softe ultra femenine fragrance, lilly of the valley is the main acord with some soft jasmine in the background. I just bought my first bottle ever after trying it several times and I just can't get enough of it. It last's several hours, 12 and still counting, and forever on your clothes.
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

trishar
trishar

Cannot get enough. Simply, softly and completely lovely.

floralfragrance
floralfragrance

My mom used to wear it to work when I was a kid, so I have always catagorized it as a grown up, serious fragrance. It is a very refreshing floral. It has the same clean and soapy vibe as Chloe Love, but just the vibe, they are totally different. This is full of personality and very much like chanel fragrances. It is very seriously feminine. Unique.

Renata tang
Renata tang

Way to expensive, the similar notes jmc only 23~30 on ebay.

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

I own this one (though I don't really use it very often anymore) as it is one of the few I recall as being a very little girl. My mum likes Diorissimo and usually buys one bottle after another. She isn't as fond of perfumes as I am, she never was and she still isn't, that's a heritage I get from other of the strong women that I am also grateful to have had ahead in my family, and from my father who was responsable of my first perfume obsession when he gifted me my first velvety brown Caleche box when I hadn't reached my teens. Back to Diorissimo, I perfectly recall myself opening with my then tiny hands a small lovely fluted bottle and then smelling the cap to find it was the exact same smell that would lasts just for a few seconds in the few opportunities I had had of receiving a doll as a present. As you can imagine I kept coming back until my mum decided to put her perfumes out of my reach.

Still today when I first spray the perfume I get this memories but I must agree with many others in this case, the reformulation is much weaker. I guess it isn't only the base notes which are reducing a lot the lasting power of the scent, but the lower quality of some notes, jasmine used to be much better in previous versions. This complainment about reformulation is also applicable to other scents of the same line such as Dioressence or Diorella. Dior should reconsider trying again or they'll find us rejecting to use our money in their products.

I liked the lilac, lily of the valley, jasmine, lilly, ylang effect. It used to be less simple than it is now. Being a spring summer scent original Roudnistka included complexity, appearing to be a soft scent it had a rich close to skin but noticiable settle down of which actual formula in my opinion completely lacks.

I've owned and used previous versions of the edt, now I have the new edp and it doesn't last more than two hours on my skin. I am against the new marketing strategies which include watering the products and trying to force us to carry a tiny atomizers everywhere we go. I want my perfume to last at least five or six hours. Even my mum comments on this point and is rationing her use of the edp vintage bottle she still has.

Berlynn
Berlynn

I found the initial application smelled medicinal and waxy, but it dries down into something beautiful. However it still makes me sneeze a little, so maybe it's not for me.

dhiagelev
dhiagelev

Bubbly, bright, Spring-like and absolutely perfect for day, but with a hint behind it of wood and spice so that it has a certain sophistication. Certainly not innocent, definitely not a young girl's perfume, it has intimations of a sexy, flirty and seductive young woman in the prime of her life, and might do a nice job of perking up the sex lives of us older ladies! Well, we can hope! LOL! Seriously, it is a joy to wear as are all the Dior perfumes; well to my mind, anyway. I haven't tried one yet that I did not love!

Taliera
Taliera

I was ready to really like this - and it looked promising, since the opening was unbelievably beautiful. But I'm afraid, once the heart really came out it was just intolerable. Too much lily-of-the-valley. Suffocating!

freddinos
freddinos

From what I remembered from many years ago, Diorissimo was all about muguet. Well upon trying it again, it's so much more! Yes, the muguet is in the heart of the composition, but other creamy, less crisp notes also play a big part in the bouquet of this grand perfume. I detect jasmine, lilac, lily... So pleased to own a vintage vial of the esprit de parfum formula, it really is a staple in my growing collection...

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

Diorissomo by Dior is one of the most discretely but decidedly sexual of all scents.

It is a great mass of aldehydic muguet, the parfumeurs’ sleight of hand for the seemingly innocent Lily of the Valley.

But like the flower carried by wealthy brides on their wedding day, this scent conceals deeper and more animal pleasures beneath its surface of propriety and cleanliness.

A lasting tonal green escorts the fragrance though from a brief citrus opening to a floral heart that contains the signature note supported by lilacs, jasmine and aromatic rosemary.

This being no tended flower garden but a wild forest floor, there are also aromas of wood and animals in amongst the undergrowth that hint at altogether darker pastimes.

This scent is a work of both art and artifice capturing the corseted sexuality of a swoon to absolute perfection, smelling salts and all.

However, beware, for Diorissimo is not for the faint of hearted, more for those prepared to lose their hearts.

It is the smell of lovers.

*************

It must be admitted that to many the muguet is a quintessentially feminine scent and as such many men would find it hard to even consider wearing this perfume.

I am not one of those men. I enjoy Lilly of the Valley scents, most of all in the morning, and would be happy to awake to find Diorissimo in my bed.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is the sexiest lily of the valley fragrance you will ever find. Lily of the valley tends to be treated lightly and gently,all spring innocence, but it is a white floral at the end of the day and this perfume allows it to be a true white floral powerhouse, just like a jasmine or tuberose. Of course that is partly because the jasmine is also quite potent in this, and the animalistic civet note also adds a lot to the earthiness of this. The sandalwood helps as well in adding depth and warmth. Reminds me of a passionate spring tryst rather than the stroll through the garden that lily of the valley usually invokes.

aveilhe
aveilhe

I know this is primarily considered a lily-of-the-valley perfume, but it is the gorgeous jasmine note in Diorissimo that really won me over!

Lily-of-the-Valley can often come across as too prim and clean (think: Jessica Mcclintock -- which, to my nose, is quite a different fragrance than this). But, in Diorissimo, the lily is enriched and deepened by the sweet, heady scent of night-blooming jasmine. I hesitate to call this a soliflore because the jasmine is so prominent!

The base note of sandalwood simply helps soften and extend the bright floral bouquet -- it is non-invasive. In this regard, Diorissimo is a traditional floral: no heavy base notes to get in the way of the fresh, pure floral experience. The dry down is soft and sweet without being powdery. According to the listed notes, there is also civet/civetone in this, but I don't really detect it (and I am VERY sensitive to civet).

Overall, Diorissimo has an addictive, tangy, sparkling "juiciness" to it that leaves me craving more and more! This is a stunning scent for spring!!

Update: I do actually detect the effect of civet in this now that I have become a bit more familiar with how civet works in floral perfumes -- this quirky note is definitely what creates the tangy vibrancy of the jasmine and lily in Diorissimo! I must admit, civet is becoming more and more appealing to me now.

Belledandy
Belledandy

Oh Diorissmo... How I envy your fans. Allegedly this is the end-all-be-all Lily of the Valley. I have a bed of them in the side yard to compare, and yes, there is certainly a decent facimile here. And yet, it leaves me cold.

Now, I love nostalgic scents, and even rich, thick scents like lily, jasmine, and lilac. I find the inate soapyness of LotV to be quite pleasant as a bath powder, like Yeardly of London's LotV powder. However, in a perfume, I want a story-- a bit more variety. Even my beloved rose can get tiresome all on her lonesome.

Doirissimo is a coctail of LotV, followed by an appetizer of LotV, then a warm entre of LotV served with your choice of lily or Of the Valley. The check comes with a complementary pastille of soap.

If that's your thing, I aplaude you. Bon apetite!

roseessence
roseessence

The Lily of the Valley scent is as beautiful as a gentle spring day. It is fresh and appealing, not aggressive and the perfect fragrance for me.

MadameCherie
MadameCherie

I recently purchased a sample of vintage Diorissimo perfum and I do love it but one must love Lily of the Valley to appreciate it. It opens as Lily of the Valley, it warms into Lily of the Valley and it dries down to Lily of the Valley. Enough said?

ninius
ninius

Smells very green and there's Lily of the valley... It's definitely like spring on the skin.

iamjennyrobyn

This was my very first perfume btw when I was in Highschool:) I remember wearing it everyday while everybody else was wearing Angel's Breath.. I was different and I loved it. I should get this again this Christmas.

iamjennyrobyn

I miss this scent, it's clean and crisp and innocently classy.

Inessa66613
Inessa66613

It is my choice #1 every Spring. It strongly smells on lily-of-the-valley (spring flower #1) and jasmine. These are 2 main components that scream out loud for themself like: "Wake up after Winter sleep, put on your cotton flower dress and take a walk in your green garden". Super long lasting, but use it carefully as it may cause headache (lily-of-the-valley is extremely odorous).

JasmineLilac
JasmineLilac

I have VINTAGE Diorissimo EDT (hounds tooth box from late 80s), and it's lovely: crisp and fresh and lasts long enough.

I also have the full strength perfume that came in the pink box (bought it some years back online, new). It smells lovely, but it lasts no more than an hour--which is weird for full-strength perfume.

I have not encountered any other reformulations of Diorissimo and am afraid to based on the reviews that I'm reading. :)

Tip: Nanctucket Natural Oils does a lovely perfume OIL that is very much like the '80s (or original 50s?) Diorissimo. I got slightly stuffy-nosed and had to return it, but I LOVED this man's interp of Diorissimo and wish that I could have kept it.

ajibiju
ajibiju

Living in the tropics, i'm all too familiar with the scent of ylang ylang. And from travels, i also know the scent of lily of the valley. the new version of the diorissimo edt is overpoweringly that of ylang ylang and none of lily of the valley. I will have to get a sample of the old version (houndstooth) box to see if there is any difference.

MaggieKat

I do like it, doesn't last very long on me. But it nice. I find that it has a smokey after scent.

desertrat
desertrat

Issey Miyake L'eau d'Issey EDP on me. If you like Issey I think you will love it.
PS Again, on me, it seems to have two distinct personalities... After 3 - 4 hours it gets soft, slightly powdery, and slightly soapy in a good way... The longevity is incredible!

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

I'm in for a long ride on this one. I have tried four different versions of Diorissimo, and all four are completely different.

It started with my vintage houndstooth EDC with a bakelite cap. A very green, almost peppery floral with a vague aged wood aroma awaited me. It settled a teensy bit as an even greener, more peppery floral and then faded after about 20 minutes.

Then there was another sample of newer EDC. This one was similar to mine, but had a sweet undercurrent that was totally different, and lasted about an hour.

I still didn't get what the hype was all about.

Then I got a sample of vintage EDT in the same houndstooth bottle I had.

Oh. My. God. This genius has stolen the very soul of the lily-of-the-valley and imparted it into a fragrance. It was so shy, so natural, that I almost could touch it. The breath of the flower, its cold, soft, slightly indolic touch, kissed me right on the nose. This has got to be the most realistic soliflore in the history of man. 10 minutes later, it faded into a slightly more generic muguet fragrance, and lasted in this stage for about an hour.

Realizing I needed it, I got an EDT in the pink box from 2004.

What I got had a hint of that breathiness, but primarily a rich muguet fragrance very similar to Guerlain's muguet. Not what I had hoped for, but I still love it. Just not as much as the vintage EDT from the houndstooth bottle.

If anyone has one of these houndstooth EDTs in good condition, please contact me.

Iluvsmellies
Iluvsmellies

Until about a year ago I had a bottle of the juice in the pink box, current era I believe. I eventually sold it on ebay as I was not that keen, something in it just smelt harsh, not quite right, particularly in the first 20 minutes or so. It settled eventually but I was not captivated, as I am with those little white flowers from my childhood.

Out of curiosity and for collection's sake I bought a 10ml mini in the houndstooth box, probably '80s edition. I know Diorissimo is known not to keep well but this is spot on. Now this is what I had hoped for in Diorissimo, it is smoother, just a fresh lily of the valley white and green smell, so the formula matters.

I will happily sit in this lily of the valley garden all day!

Perfumefreak
Perfumefreak

This scent I will cherish and use it sparingly!
I so love Diorissimo!!!

I always thought this was a bitter and harsh granny-perfume. Don't understand why, though. Perhaps I've smelled something else in this same kind of bottle...?

Lily of the valley is THE FLOWER from my childhood. I remember picking the flowers in nearby forest at my grandparents house. And my mom always reminded me to wash my hands thoroughly because lily of the valley is poisonous. I really didn't care that much, i just put my nose in the bunch of flowers and was in ecstasy.
Recently, my mom didn't even mutter a word when I told her why I bought Diorissimo.
Just last Midsummer Day, she took couple of sprays of Diorissimo, and only thing she said was; "this REALLY does smell GOOD." And had a gentle smile.
That's what I mean.... So Gorgeous.
;-)
Ps. The bottle has been changed. It is like Les Creations de Monsieur Dior. Confusing.

Migalex
Migalex

Typical green floral, smells very much of lilly of the valley and galbanum. It is the same type of scent as A scent by Issey Miake, Diorella and Crystalle. I find it comforting. Projection and staying power are good. But do not find it anything special. I do not even think it is particularly pleasant.

Not the best lily of the valley fragrance.

In general this fragrance really smells like lily of the valley, but more like chemical enough lily of the valley. Maybe it happens because the ylang-ylang note is intensive enough to spoil the tenderness of the fragrance. Or the green accord should be less noticeable. Sometimes I just feel not too nice combination of jasmine and ylang-ylang instead of lily of the vally.

I can't say that I like this fragrance. And I wouldn't say that it's tender.

HelenAnn
HelenAnn

I wear this when I am missing my Mum.....she wore this way back when. Feels like a warm hug in a garden of Lilies of the Valley and the fragrance to me has stood the test of time. By the way, my Mum still wears this - she is 89! :)

jasmasid
jasmasid

Luckily, I was able to invest in a stock of vintage bottles of this one. It is, quite simply, a masterpiece. I have no other words to describe what I feel when I am wearing it.
If there were Nobel Prizes for Perfume, this one would be the most deserving candidate, for sure --
Althouh in the past, I've said the same about those other 2 masterpieces, Calandre (now discontinued) and Rive Gauche, (pre-reformulation.)

serchina

Sinuously around a Mauve Colored Bedroom In a Circular mirror Is a Girl
With her Long Blonde Hair Severely Fashioned in to Elegant Bun Applies
Lipstick of Pale Shade of Pink as she step back from the Mirror In her
Cream Strapless Heart shaped Tulle Evening gown Gently grabs a long stemmed
Lily from her White laced Gloves holds it between her hands staring at her bedroom Celling Listening
to the Tune of Edith Piaf Song "Tu Es Partout" On her Vinyl Player Tears Rolling down her cheek as she awaits for her Lover to come back To her.

Despite of the note of Civet Diorissimo Has to be the Most Ladylike of the perfume family she Uses Intrusion then Aggression, she speaks when spoken To
Piguet Bandit Is hard Butch Black Rough and Street Wise Diorissimo is Is Soft Feminine Pink and Naive,
A 50's Housewife in a Bottle.

alanav09
alanav09

I was born in ukraine and moved here at age 4- to this day i remember the scent of lilly of the valley. Living in california, i never get to see or smell them....

Just sprayed it for the first time and almost fell off my bed. LotV down to the soil. Amazing. Like the flowers are right here next to me.

To those who call it expensive, it's in the league of Chanel and other Dior perfumes- not outrageously pricey.. 90 for a 1.7 parfum in a league of its very own? I'll take it!!!!

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Every May 1st, in France, we are offering a blade of Lily of the Valley.
This year i have offered my mum' Diorissimo extrait de parfum.... She will be able to smell this stunning scent from Juanary 1st to December 31st....

Le Muguet me fait rêver. Son parfum me fait penser à un Printemps frais et ensoleillé à la fois.

artsyrn
artsyrn

LOVE this. I have learned that I gravitate towards fragrances that embrace a soft animalic, powdery essence, as this does so beautifully. The Lilly of the valley is so natural,not synthetic or screechy, as some fragrances can come off. It is soft and close to the skin. I find Diorissimo a comforting scent, nothing 'come hither' about it...I wear this for me, if you know what I mean. :)

artemis27
artemis27

When I was little, my favorite story was Heidi. I read, re-read and then again read it over and over again. When I smelled this, Heidi was what I thought of immediately.

Personally, I feel this fragrance tells the story of Heidi from start to end. The fresh green meadows of her mountain home, lovely scent of flowers, then the cinnamon of hot rolls being served in the city home of Clara and finally, coming back home to the freshness of the Alps and the scent of flowers.

This might be elegant to many women in some ways, but to me, it reminds me of Heidi and her life.

loismonahan
loismonahan

Yesterday was indeed my lucky day! Stopped in to a charity shop in a neighbourhood that I rarely frequent, and there in the showcase was a brand new, vintage (black & white houndstooth packaging) edc of Diorissimo! - $12!! I'm in heaven!

dlane1953
dlane1953

I bought a vintage bottle of EDT.
This fragrance is DIVINE. Lush, fresh, rich, a timeless classic. Powerful so use sparingly, even in EDT formulation. The civit in the base adds a sensuous note. What a signature scent this would be! Simply stunning.

daisy777
daisy777

This is one of the very best fragrances I've ever smelled. It is refreshing makes you feel good and is so elegant. It has a clean pretty lily-of-the-valley esence so romantic! This perfume is superb.

veronicav
veronicav

A clean fragrance for spring days, it's seems that I'm in the middle of a garden..

daniela3
daniela3

I've always regarded this perfume as my personal 'madeleine' because my aunt used to wear it when I was a child. I clearly remember how the old original version was: its light, its sillage the sense of freshness and warmness altogether, the most beautiful perfume easy to be appreciated even by a child, being it so good! All this, is forever printed in my memory, but I'm talking of the '60/'70 years, when fragrance industries weren't as 'moody' as today. Diorissimo was the perfume that has made me involved with fragrances since I was a 3 year-old child. So..... After some disasters or 'diets' (as somebody, among the reviewers, has witty defined reformulations) I think that the most 'honest' interpretation of this masterpiece (yes! It is still so) is the new version, recently released, in the collection "Les parfumes de Monsieur Dior". But, according also to a reliable witness and expert - Michel Roudnitska, the son of the "Nose", for instance even Michel is a talented "Nose" too - a forbidden ingredient no more used in the formula and impossible to reproduce differently, has compromised all the structure, therefore Diorissimo could not be the same anymore, although he says even the up to date Diorissimo is very near to the original old one. Any way the idea of the fragrance can be 'read' even today and if we still look at the past, while searching frags it means that these glorious "oldies" can still communicate even with the new market, probably bored by homologation; there should be something more concrete than the fascination for a brand or a name if people are still so positive towards some frags while disregarding others. Diorissimo was a sort of open Manifesto towards a new way to do perfumery. So, for these and more reasons I still regard it as my beautiful 'madeleine'!

carinas
carinas

This review is for vintage Diorissimo EDT, new reformulation is not worth mentioning.
How I love this, only Roudnitska can make a perfume which is like a game between dirty and clean, crispy and soft.
They really don't make perfumes like this anymore. Diorissimo does to me, what a perfume should do, it makes me feel 2 inches taller and a dress size smaller. I don't wear it every day, I don't want to get used to it, I want to be stunned by it's beauty every time I spray it.
The best part is that 6-7 hours later I can still smell it on my wrist. And it's as beautiful as a fairy sitting on my wrist.

eruetim
eruetim

It is true what they say about Diorissimo. A beautiful fragrance for a beautiful couturier.

katiushka
katiushka

To be honest, I’m really not sure what to make of this. Given its excellent reputation, its lofty price tag and the fact that it was one of Princess Diana’s favorite perfumes, I was expecting a bit more.

I was looking for a more natural and delicate lily-of-the-valley scent; closer to what one smells from a live flower. In the beginning, Diorissimo smells a bit too sweet and bold; more like vintage flower extract that ladies wore in the 19th century than a live flower. To do it justice, the fragrance does eventually water down into a more delicate and natural scent. However, my nose grows too accustomed to the perfume to fully appreciate this stage of the fragrance.

It is definitely a pleasing perfume. I think I need to test it again, trying to appreciate it for what it is rather than what I think it should be. I’d be pleased if someone gave this to me as a present; not sure if I like it enough to buy it myself.

sweet desires
sweet desires

When early Spring comes(few months erlier than the real lily-of-the-valleys start), I´m done by it again. Year by year. The few months in year- just can´t without it.

ekati
ekati

Pure lily of the valley like everyone else said.I love woody scents usually..but when I tried this I felt a clean fresh romantic aura around me..then thought ok I can love a floral perfume..and I love this gem.Last all day and use chanel no19 body lotion with, great combination!!!

Dinkum
Dinkum

Love the scent of true living lily-of-the-valley´s.
Have not cared much for it in perfumes, though. Until I tested Diorissimo...

Pure perfection.

I now own two small vials of the vintage perfume. Will be on the lookout for more of it, because this I simply can´t do without.

drummagick
drummagick

Received in the mail today a vintage bottle. I sprayed some on my hand from a bit of a distance as it smelled VERY strong just sniffing the spray top and I didn't want to overdo it.

This perfume smells like nothing more than getting down on your hands and knees and sticking your face in a patch of lily of the valley that's still planted in the ground. It's the most um,...three dimensional soliflore I've ever smelled.

I can tell it's not going to last long on my skin, after the intense flower scent, now a half hour later, it has faded a lot and smells watery now. It's like being next to a clean pond with spring flowers growing around it, still mostly lily of the valley. It's amazing how a floral perfume could smell so watery and cool. Maybe even cold.

I wonder if there will be a base? Doesn't seem like it.

MaggieKat

Beautiful, floral and something else, made me feel good just at the first wiff of it on my skin.

Namida
Namida

Diorissimo is like a glade in a forest, in a sunny day during late springtime, but it keeps strangely remains of winter. A cold breeze.
The darkness and the cold are all around and behind you, but you only feel the smell of the shy white flowers and wet grass, staring at the sky.
It's innocent, inviting, immature, pure, dangerous and breath-taking(literally!) at the same time...something sad in it, as a distant memory; the smell of Ophelia's garland, I'd say.
It evokes the dew, freshly cut flowers, and the magic is that this scent is synthetic but is the closest to the real scent of flowers that I've ever smelt.
I love it, althoug it has not been with me from a long time , I'll never forget about this smell.

saintlunaire
saintlunaire

So great, the best of Dior Parfume made by Roudnitska. It s so difficult to make a parfume so simple as a soliflore (lily of the valley) and and so more complex and sophisticated.
Very classy for summer, so elegant and easy to wear.

ameeba
ameeba

My mum bought this to me when I was on seventh grade and it was beautiful. Lily of the valley, so real you could just as well be sniffing the real flower.

I finished the bottle years and years ago and recently I've found myself drawn to this scent from the past. Alas, every time I try it, it's simply not me anymore. The lily of the valley has retained its quality through the reformulation, but Diorissimo is just too light, green and girly for me. I blame my mum for buying it too early for me :p

bleuciel
bleuciel

It was my mum's perfume when I was little, around 10-13, let's say. And she'd let me wear it on special ocasions - like proms LOL. It smelled sophisticated and classy of lilies of the valley. Of the best kind. The best sillage and longevity/. Everybody would ask 'what is that i'm smelling?', because it was so different from the teeny lollipop fragrances that were around 15 years ago.

I smelled the new version the other day. It doesn't smell the same. They cut off a great deal of the lily of the valley, which is a shame, and made it so 'chanel-esque' - one of those vintage heavy and heady frags you barely can stand to smell. Why did they change the original formulation?!

mademoiselle-c

Today I had the privilege of smelling an older version of this and it was AMAZING. It is amazing compared to Les Creations de Monsieur Dior version. A masterpiece in all its forms!

The biggest crime is that my local DS has an older bottle as a tester and a Creation version in the box. The SA (clueless) said they might bring the old one back. Here's to hoping.

pablOSO
pablOSO

the perfume of a goddess...

enough said..

divine , ethereal..not made for mortal skin..

adriana.rizzati
adriana.rizzati

I have had a bad imprinting with this perfume.
My mom wore this fragrance when I was a six-seven years old child, but I remember that years as melancholic ones, because she was pale and depressed... so everytime I smell Diorissimo, it reminds me troubles and illness. Incredible, isn't it?
On the other hand, I love the scent of Lily-of-the-valley (the real flower).
Nowaday my mother is a very young-looking lady, she's very well and she loves the original Diorissimo: she always gets crazy for its typical Lily-of-the-valley notes, and she thinks Diorissimo is the most heavenly perfume.
After all, regardless unplesant memories, I find Diorissimo too floral and romantic to me: I prefer woody, leathery and amber accords, so I head for a totally different kind of fragrance.

Camin
Camin

I loved this when I was in my early 20s and first smelled it. I bought it and then my sister-in-law bought it too, which displeased me. The lily of the valley is the dominant note in this and what I loved. The sweetness and innocence appealed to me and matched who I was at the time. Later in my 30s I got to know a woman 20 years my senior who wears this--she must bathe in it if she bathes at all. I think she doesn't bathe and spritzes this on instead--it is so strong. She is now 70 and wears track suits and Diorissimo wherever she goes, and still doesn't bathe that often. The scent is forever ruined for me--in fact, it nauseates me. It just goes to show how associations and life experience can radically change a relationship with a fragrance.

marilynne
marilynne

I must go with an older review by Melia LILAC LILAC LILAC! Bold, old, and for me not too nice to sniff and definetely not to wear.
I love Sherapop s writings a lot, it s literature! but sometimes I just dont share the pop.
Desolee ...

dog&butterfly
dog&butterfly

My mom used to wear Diorissimo when I was a little girl. I remember my dad buying it for her. This year, my dad died, so I will be buying it for her for Christmas. It makes me sad, but it is amazing how emotional the sense of smell is. It is supposed to be the strongest of all the five senses for eliciting memories. I always think of my mom and of my dad when I smell Diorissimo. It is a beautiful and comforting smell.

Irishys
Irishys

Diorissimo by Dior is a beautiful light floral fragrance. It smells like spring - lily of the valley and hyacinth. It makes me happy whenever I wear it. The only downside is it doesn't last very long...but it is beautiful while it lasts.

bigigirl
bigigirl

Diorissimo was gifted to me when I worked very briefly 39 years ago @ what I perceive as to have been the only, upscale women's department store in Honolulu, Hawaii @ the time ~ Carol & Mary (Ugh). Since then would consider part of my identity as a classy natural type, so obviously did not fit in, in that particular stuffy environment. All that aside, "luv" Diorissimo & have been chasing the notes that compose it's delicious flavor ever since. It's my "FAV"! It's memories are crisp, hope & youth.

calliope07
calliope07

Used only the vintage issue years ago. Haunting and my choice for a light, clear floral. I never get past the sweet, lily of the valley. That's dominant. Very romantic.

viol
viol

My newest purchase.I just love it,I feel so good when i'm wearing this.It's refreshing and romantic at the same time.

Turtledove
Turtledove

This really is a classic. I just tried the original version, my mother wears it from time to time, but it doesn't feel out of place when I wear it. It's really a beautiful floral, it goes on as jasmine, then settles into lily of the valley. It's richly floral, but never too green, soapy or cloying. It's like a bouquet of fresh flowers, soft and lovely and romantic. Lasting power is pretty great too, 6+ hours.

Inche
Inche

TIMELESS

jtd
jtd

I'm torn on this perfume. Roudnitska. He was a genius and I'm an admirer of his other work. His works typically seem to have the thoroughness that denotes a masterful technical proficiency, but also an integrity of concept and intention.

I've only smelled the recent Diorissimo EDT, and I've tried to dissect the floral notes he's used to compose this ostensible lily of the valley soliflor. I get a green jasmine, a watery hyacinth, a languid ylang ylang. No base, no underbelly, no shadow. But what I get when I step back from dissecting it smells remarkably like an air freshener. Not a chic parfum d'ambiance. I mean the electrical socket plug-in variety.

A moment of seeing how the geometric lines come together to recreate the watery yet oily feel of muguet. A moment trying to sense what Diorissimo must originally have smelled like. A long sigh. Put the strip away for a few hours and then check again. Distressing reassurance of everything I initially thought. (And yes, I tried it on skin, too.)

Sad.

Cutie
Cutie

I recently purchased (bargain) a real vintage Diorissimo EDT splash (about 95% of a 1.8 oz bottle). This is a Victorian lady fragrance. A little dab here and there, all that you need. I feel like Audrey Hepburn while wearing it. It is difficult for me to describe the notes or phases, but I can try to describe my feelings. If you wear this perfume, you would feel obligated to watch your posture, speak proper language and stop chewing gum. This one is not for clubbing. Great for daytime office wear if you are an executive lady. Great for the artistic person who is working on her next painting or piece of music. Feminine but powerful, light but serious... Definitely a very expensive smell. Quality in its best.

adrienn99
adrienn99

my skin must be too hot for the lily of the valleys. on paper it turns out to be flowers and their green leaves. On my skin it just smells like a horrid chemical, so vile I cannot compare it to anything. It is usually the "jasmine" note that brings that out... ooomph, hopefully gives in to scrubbing at least.

olga1780
olga1780

I have a new looking bottle and have no idea how the vintage formula smells, but the new version is simply gorgeous! So I am pretty happy and won't even bother hunting down the old formula. I prefer to go with the flow with fragrances, if something becomes unavailable and ridiculously expensive, I just move on to something else. No chasing phantoms for me.
Diorissimo is one of those rare fragrances that can be fresh and at the same time make a HUGE statment.

Carabella
Carabella

Diorissimo is probably the most perfect soliflore I have ever smelled. Unlike soliflores such as L'artisan's "Fleur d'Oranger" which specialize in taking the wearer (smeller?) to a specific time and place, Diorissimo manages to place a person smack-dab in the middle of a giant bouquet of Lily of The Valley (Mughetto, Muguet) any time. ANY bouquet, at any time. Thus, it is most perfect as a soliflore, but less specific, less dependent on the memory of the individual. It smells like "lily of the valley" for the gardener, not the florist, which I think is an important distinction. If you want the most florist smell of Lily of the Valley, try Floris.

Grottola
Grottola

Vintage Diorissimo is the most beautiful floral I've ever had the pleasure of smelling.

My mom used to wear it, and all I can say is there really is nothing like Lily of the Valley. Edmond Roudnitska was a friggin' genius, and he managed to perfectly capture the smell of lillies. There's a soft spot in my heart for them due to my affinity for Easter. I always loved Easter as a little boy, especially when they brought out the Easter Lillies. Now, that reminiscent love comes full circle in a perfume that could be called "spring in a bottle".

The current version, which I tried at Sak's, is a lot harsher and not as smooth as the one I remember, so I suggest going vintage with Diorissimo.

You won't know until you try. If you love perfume, then you had better try Diorissimo.

Pinni
Pinni

A lovely lily of the valley! In this one you really don't need to look for the main note, it is there and stays there. Lily of the valley was my favorite scent as a child and it's still there in my favorites. It's a perfect scent for anyone who really loves lily of the valley. Still I probably wouldn't buy it myself as I still have some left of an old cheap lily of the valley fragrance and it smells very much like this (despite of being very cheap.)

Quite subtle after the beginning.

TawnyMoon
TawnyMoon

As close to Lily of the Valley scent possible, its gorgeous. The smell of lillies, can be a bit over powerful for some but not this, gets even better if caught in the rain it reactivates the perfume on the skin and smells devine....suits any age

angel6
angel6

Diorissimo was my first expensive perfume when I was about 15 yrs old, and I adore it then.
Recentely I got a bottle of Eau de Parfum and is not the same, I can't wear it enymore, Don't know if my taste or the formulation change.

rougetnoir
rougetnoir

I own an old version of the 90's (1991 to be correct) and didn't like it at all at that time. I was too young, in my early 20's, and that was the time of perfumes like Anais Anais. I received it as a gift from a lady and didn't understand the value of this wonderful perfume.
I still have that bottle, half empty, it has changed colour and maybe it smell "old" but I think is a jewel.

A ladylike elegant scent, a bit flowery, a bit soapy, a bit powdery. Just perfect. It really is lovely.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

What else u can expect except elegance and femininity from Diorissimo. Its a bouquet of JASMINE flowers carefully selected to represent the beauty of a women. Though a bit synthetic but it smells quite fresh and airy, revitalizes one's mind and soul.
Excellent silage almost completely overpowers anyother aroma in its close proximity.
I give it 8.25 out of 10.

mademoiselle-c

Hmmm, what a fragrance. At first spray, I did not like it at all. I tried it again today and I LOVE it. This is femininity in a BOTTLE. It is so beautiful. I do wish that there was not so much lilac as it kind of over powers the lily of the valley. Beautiful fragrance. I feel like Princess Grace when I wear this. Will purchase.

- C

Blada
Blada

when I first got Diorissimo from a friend - a sample in a tiny little bottle - I fell in love. lily of the valley and lilac were so intensive I couldn't stop smelling it. after some years of searching I found it in a shop and bought a 30ml bottle which I end very fast.

I used to wear them for three years, now they're a little too intense for me as a day perfume, but I will surely come back to them.

Because this perfume is Quite expensive, maybe good to know some family members?
Nina Ricci Fleur de Fleurs
Carolina Herrera Flore
Ralph Lauren Romance, a bit more on the green side!

Louw
Louw

Beautiful bright Spring-like fragrance. To me, it's pure, fresh lily-of-the-valley. I love it but I do have to be in the right mood to wear it, because it's so one-dimensional. However, it is one of those mood-lifting fragrances that makes you feel more upbeat as soon as you spray it on!

Jannochka
Jannochka

All I smell is the lily of the valley in this fragrance. I dont like it, it's strong and it has a great staying power. It's smells like a very strong flowerly soap on me.

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

It gives me headaches! Maybe it's the Lily of The Valley (i don't like its scent)

Soutty123
Soutty123

I used to have this. It smells very pleasant initially but I found it really annoying as the day wore on for some reason. I think it's just too one dimensional. As others have said - Lily of the Valley, Lily of the Valley and more Lily of the Valley.

flowerbombhannah
flowerbombhannah

This is a total 1950s classic...sweet lily-of-the-valley envelops the heart.

AprilSea
AprilSea

Dunno if there was enough 'lily-of-the-valley' on the page about this particular perfume, so I thought to add it few times more.
This perfume is nothing but lily of the valley. It's ... obnoxious. It hits my gall bladder and ruins my day. There are so many wonderful perfumes in this world who are discontinued, and this goes on since 1955!!!

darcy2
darcy2

Discovered this one at the age of 19, and it reeled me back to childhood when I discovered a patch of lily of the valley growing in between two huge yew bushes in our back yard. I used to hide in there in the month of May, my nose buried in the little white bells, and wait for them to come up every year. But, then as now Diorissimo is SO lily of the valley it made me sad even back then, though I saved up and got a bottle anyway. Coty's Muguet du Bois does not have the same effect on me, and neither does Yardley's Lily of the Valley. It is a beautiful fragrance, but like a couple of people said above, Diorissimo makes me sad, or perhaps just too nostalgic.

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

The apex lily-of-the-valley scent. A premier event perfume. I can never smell this without thinking of a family friend who wore it; a feminine, cool, sophisticated blonde. Think Tippi Hedren.

hathor
hathor

I wore this one a couple of times this week, this is the only time of year i'll wear it -it seems to suit cool spring weather and suits quiet days at home, pottering about in the garden. For me it's a tad too floral, rather too pure,virginal and goody-goody. it's the perfume equivalent of a stiff starched white cotton blouse done up to the neck with pearl buttons and locked with a padlock, one of those blouses with a pie-crust-edged round collar which were around in the early 80's. Not that i don't like it, it just isn't really me. on a scale of innocence on a par with Anais Anais and about as exciting as Estee Lauder Pleasures. No, I don't want to part with it, but i won't be replacing it when it's empty. I know it's the reformulation i'm writing about, maybe the original was better. this is a perfume for a chaste pale goddess in a white robe, possibly the goddess Diana -maybe no coincidence that Princess Diana wore this.

HeavenlyScent
HeavenlyScent

Uhm. One word. Grassy. Fresh cut lawn. This is my least favourite of the Dior house of perfumes. Big disappointment.

This is to floral scents as the meter is to the unit of measurement. lily of the valley, lily of the valley and even more lily of the valley. Sounds simple? try it and see.

Rating: 8.5-9/10

nonnative
nonnative

Tried the reformulation today. Veery good. Perhaps a little less sharp than the vintage. Concentrated drops of spring. Classic and classy but perfect for girls.

Saintkitty
Saintkitty

The most spring fragrance ever! From the first sniff you have a feeling that you are in the garden where grows the huge lilac bushes. The lilac is very intensive and breathtaking! Than the Lily-of-the-Valley starts its solo with tender accords of lilies. The scent is clear and cool like a limpid stream. Diorissimo is ultimate feminine fragrance. It's made for romantic persons ready to wear white dress and go for a walk in the park. With Diorissimo you're not dreaming of spring, you are in spring! Close your eyes, feel the dainty scent and say to yourself «I'm in the springtime garden!»

mediterranean
mediterranean

In the enchanted palace of Dior there is a princess waiting for her kiss of love. She is fainted on a bed sorrounded by rosemary, lily of the valley and has jasmin in her hair.Petals of white roses cover the bedroom floor and the aroma of the flowers floats in the corners of the corridors.I wonder how many princesses has Dior created without knowing it ,and if they are all waiting to be awakened by a prince on a white horse.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Very strong and overpowering in my opinion. That doesn't make it a bad scent, it is just very strong. Opens up extremely sweet, then it lightens up a bit. I don't think it is suitable for young people, it is a mature scent. Altough tuberose is not listed in the notes, I do get a strong tuberose-like infusion all the way through - could be just me.

wingz85
wingz85

My mom used to have this perfume but now she is having a hard time finding one. Its beautiful, elegant, classic but not overpowering.

laura.poison
laura.poison

I love lily-of-the-valley and this perfume it's like a love song dedicated to this little flower... Makes me happy and dreamy.. Great for day time, spring and summer.

oona noir
oona noir

There is something spiritual and soulful about this scent (edt). There is an innocent but also knowing beauty to it. Choreographer George Balanchine gave perfumes to his ballerinas, and apparently Diorissimo was the perfume that he chose for the incredible Suzanne Farrell. I think the spiritual and untamed aspects of Diorissimo fit her very well.

In terms of notes, there is a lot of lily of the valley and lilac weaving in and out and I definitely feel the civet. I wear this to bed for a peaceful nights sleep and if I went to church, I would wear it on Sundays. A perfume to help you get in touch with your soul.

Bebe70
Bebe70

Classic, elegant, amazing, unusual, the greatest creation of Dior!
The greatest perfume I have ever smelled!!!!!!!!!!
Of course it is my signature perfume.
Nothing is like Diorissimooooooo!!!

Smell
Smell

I have got many bottle by dior 's house , and this my first one , but for now it too green for me.

Persephone
Persephone

Christian Dior said this perfume captured his soul in a bottle since lily of the valley was his favorite flower. A soliflore with a warm touch of jasmine, but this simplicity is truly sublime. As Anton Chekov said: "Brevity is the sister of talent". I think it is the sister of genius.

Madita
Madita

Unfortunately, there's no way I could possibly review this perfume in an objective manner :-) Diorissimo used to be my Grandma's signature scent. This fragrance does not simply contain lily-of-the-valley as a note like so many other perfumes do, it is pure lily-of-the valley on a crisp spring day in early May, at least on my skin. So while this may not be terribly multi-dimensional, anyone who likes the actual flower will most likely enjoy this perfume.
I think this is a beautiful scent, both somehow old-fashioned and modern at the same time.

dusadu
dusadu

There's nothing like it. The springing smell of lily of the valley is enriched with God-ony-knows-what. As a result the scent develops, becomes richer and more enchanting.

Rouu
Rouu

Noble lady , a white old jaguar car with a chauffeur who's bow gently while opining the car door .. with her silky gloves and big white hat wearing B&W taior designed by the most famous fashion house in near ... her lips been colored in deep red ,her eyes covered with a very dark sun glasses ! lightly smile before she disappeared ..! ohh i forgot ! her fragrance ?? she was wearing DIORISSIMO of course !

a fragrance that i cant imagine in colors .. just a play back of 50th ! very classy but not for me !

icekat
icekat

DIORISSIMO is gorgeous and elegant floral masterpiece featuring the tender and delicate beauty of lily of the valley. Diorissimo was my first love and to this day it remains to be one of my favorite scents.

The fresh opening of bergamot and green notes feels like walking out of the door and into the fresh and luscious fields of spring greens. The flowers appear right away and lily of the valley is unmistakable here in all its natural and gentle glory. It is accompanied by the beauty of ylang-ylang and jasmine. I also feel strong lilacs in this scent. The choice of lilacs, jasmine and ylang-ylang compliments the beauty of the lily of the valley so well. The florals are stunning in this perfume. The whole composition remains fresh and romantic like a beautiful walk through the spring green fields.

I grew up with three Diors: Miss Dior, Diorella and Diorissimo. My mom thought that the first two were two strong for a young girl but she would let me to dab a touch of Diorissimo on special occasions. This brings very special memories of my mom’s birthday parties in late April when I was a pre-teen: The gentle spring breeze is coming through the wide-opened windows. There is a bouquet of my mom’s favorite lily of the valleys in a miniature vintage crystal vase. My mom is playing the piano and the air is filled with the gentle sounds of Chopin and Schubert. My mom looks so young and beautiful. And we both are wearing heavenly Diorissimo.

Diorissimo will always have place in my perfume collection and in my heart.

melia
melia

So many talk about lily-of-the-valley... for me it's LILAC LILAC LILAC! Bold, old, nice to sniff but not for me to wear.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

this reformulated Diorissimo is a big disappointment to me. It's harsh and synthetic and pretty ordinary, unfortunately. I don't smell any Roudnitska in this baby.
If you want a snowy floral, go for pleasures, if you want straight up lily of the valley, try Yardley, Woods of Windsor or pure white linen, which is much nicer (and cheaper!). Shame.

guest_Marietita
guest_Marietita

I think its too.. "green" for me. I really dont like it.

If you love this, and I ADORE this one, how can I not this being a child of Roudnitska...
you cannot do without Nina Fleur de Fleurs. Those two are really genius perfumes in this department.

Cereza
Cereza

This is the most natural Lilly-of-the-valley scent I've ever smelt in a perfume. Smells amazing! I can't even feel any other notes, but as far as I can say, there is a tiny bit of sparkly green leaves at the beggining of the scent, then it settles to reeeally nice lilly-of-the valley. A must for all the LOV lovers out there!

floriana
floriana

Diorissimo is very very refined smell of lily of the valley. Noble, timeless clasic, I could say a masterpiece. Elegant, subtil, tender, aristocratic.
Flowery scent,isn't sharp and isn't cold.
But didn't smell reformulated Diorissimo.
Because I'm sure that couldn't be better.

Helsinki
Helsinki

Is this even real? Really? From the 50's? You're kidding me!

Diorissimo is timeless, it is a classic indeed. I smelled it today for the first time, and I thought it could be Etat Libre d'Orange's Don't Get Me Wrong Baby, I Don't Swallow. But Diorissimo beats Don't Get Me Wrong Baby 6-0: smelling it gave me the impression of standing in the middle of a quiet & moist lily-of-the-valley meadow! It impressed me. And all this only on a paper strip! There was a hint of cucumber too; perhaps the "green leaves" mentioned above. A marvelous scent.

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

Please go read SHERAPOP's review. It is the best description:)

I love this scent I wish I knew what the original smelled like.

Millieqm
Millieqm

I haven't smell this one yet, but I was wondering if it smells like Ralph Lauren Blue? My favorite perfume! 'cause Blue has strong smell of Lilly of the Valley wich I love.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I really wated to love this one - it has the most awesome name. Try burring the 'R' in Diorrrrrrrissimo and you will see what I mean!

Unfortunately, I am with 'ice2fire' this is pure Lily-of-the-Valley. It is nice but it is cloying. I wish I liked it more than I do but it is unmitigated, smack you in the face, unrelenting white flowers. And it is just too much.

WireBodyArt
WireBodyArt

In 1967 I was given a beautiful gold metal vile of this fine perfume for my birthday. My very dear clkassmate Romano Scavo gave it to me. OMG! it smelled likme Jasmin & Frangi Pani flowers to me. Always a classic! Juli ;)

Beautiful_Scent
Beautiful_Scent

The best lily of the valley I have ever smelled. This is by far, my favourite perfume from Dior and Diorissimo is amazing on me. For spring, summer, at work or anytime during the day, I cannot go wrong with it.
Uplifting white flowers, what else can I say? I am in love with it!

Together with Dune, by far my favorite Dior!!

mocha43

I wore Diorissimo 2 days ago, out and about. The fragrance lasted all day and on me that is very good, as I am older and my skin is dry. And the fragrance of lily of the valley smelled divine. I have received compliments on this scent.

ice2fire
ice2fire

Sandalwood? Rosemary? Bergamot? All I can smell is lily-of-the-valley... and lily-of-the-valley again. Sorry, not my cup of tea. Reminds me Acqua di Gio, both scents I reckon to be too simple for luxury perfume.

Happy Spirit
Happy Spirit

Diorissimo was bought for me for Christmas when I was very young by a man I was very much in love with. He said he smelled it and thought of me. And it's always been my favourite and I just love it. It's soft and feminine and young without being juvenile and the scent lasts and lasts.

NatWeb
NatWeb

Wow. This is like being punched in the face by a lily of the the valley. It is STRONG. While it is lovely, it's for floral lovers only as there's not so much of a hint of spice or wood to relieve all the flowers.

DIORISSIMO is so scrumptiously loveable that I must be a cow, for this is all about tiny white blossoms of lily of the valley evenly interspersed among endless fields of glistening green grass. Waves of jasmine come and go, and a bit of ylang and undetectable civet appear to add depth, but on its surface and through to its core this is a simple beauty which captivates in the manner of Bach's two-part inventions. Less is more!

DIORISSIMO is a resounding "yes" for lily of the valley lovers, and I've added her to my wish list.

mocha43

Very fresh and floral, lily of the valley scent. I get compliments when I wear this. People ask me for it's name.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Undiluted, classic, dewy-fresh spring in a bottle.

A very pure, french scent celebrating the beautiful, innocent lily-of-the-valley & the butterfly-kissed lilac blooms. The clarity of this scent is breathtaking - zingy & fresh without having to resort to the sugary sherbet fizz upon which some more modern spring scents rely.

If you had asked me whether I would enjoy this scent from looking at the notes, I would have said, "definitely, not!"....sweet-floral-civet, surely too much for my nose....but this is classy stuff, not old-scary, just classic.

If you enjoy either of the two starlet notes then I urge you to try this for spring. Spray sparingly & enjoy a breath of fresh air. If you are looking for the ultimate lily-of-the-valley scent, my heart is still stolen by Floris.

Lady Love
Lady Love

I love Dior and Diorissimo is one of the best floral scent (with Kenzo Parfum d`Ete)ever made. But.... the power lasting on the Edt is Just terrible, in about one hour all the charm disappears. I dont know if this is a consequence of the reformulation, but is such a pity...

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

It smells like musky jasmine to me, it does have that French feel to it, a classic scent and long lasting. I had it before but I sold it because at that time I didn't think it matched my personality, what I mean is that I thought it wasn't for young people, nevertheless a nice scent.

Wow. Um, no. This goes on as a very pretty Easter lilac and lily scent, all fresh and lush and Spring incarnate. Then it warms within ten minutes to that kind of lily of the valley that smells like mothballs on me. For a brief moment at the half hour mark, peppery green notes enter in, but they fade away as if frightened by the lily/jasmine indole and leave me with that powerful mothball lily of the valley. I had to scrub it before an hour had passed. I was trying to wait it out, but the jasmine/mothball was actually getting stronger instead of weaker and it was starting to give me a headache. Not for me in every sense.

Natalya
Natalya

I smell just lilac and lily-of-the valley.Not light scent but almost to aggressive scent of lilac.I remember this was my "mom's perfume",she smelled like it.So sad,I tried to love this perfume,the favorite perfume of my mom.

falovalo
falovalo

This is truly a lily of the valley scent. It's fresh and casual, but with enough classiness to carry you over to a nice dinner out. Diorissimo is fresh, green and clean.

Alyss
Alyss

I used to love this, very fresh lily of the valley, quite intensely beautiful soliflore; but when I sprayed it on in the store, the new one seems harsh.

Nicole79
Nicole79

....ohhh...no...this is not for me...very flowery in a strong way !

I can only feel jasmine...jasmine and lily of the valley !!!!...:(

This fragrance is one of those classics that capture you with its simplicity and charm rather than its uniqueness or bold new approach.

Diorissimo is the perfect example of a fresh, green floral that somehow manages to be loved by so many people even though the scent itself is nothing particularly mind-blowing.

To my nose I sense a lot of lily-of-the-valley in this fragrance. Almost the exact same smell as a flower bed just after it has been sprinkled with rain. For this reason Diorissimo reminds me of Spring.

Diorissimo settles on my skin beautifully. The scent is clean, flowery, soft, elegant and only mildly sweet. There is something slightly old-fashioned about this scent, however I feel that it transcends into the modern world with ease.

This fragrance could be worn both casually and formally, it really is a versatile scent. The sillage is not strong, just enough presence to be enjoyed by the wearer. I highly recommend.

Diorissimo has been around for so long time and for good reasons! This is one of truest Dior's masterpieces. It's dominated by the note of Lily-of-Valley and all other notes are perfectly complementary. Sandalwood in the drydown is simply gorgeous. Everything here seems so balanced, yet extremely feminine. It's fresh and romantic, but I like more in Diorissimo is its aromatic quality. I don't wear this as personal fragrance, but I own a beautiful decant from back in time, it smells exactly as it did 10 years ago. Clean, beautiful and elegant. Not weak at all, but never invading. It's not my type of scent right now, but it could easily be.

dina

Light, romantic, uplifting, timeless .... Great for anytime, anywhere, any season and any age ...
This is how I can describe Diorissimo.
It's all about white flowers, mainly lily and lily of the valley which are very prominent in this fragance.

amelie
amelie

It is hard to write something new about Diorissimo, which has not been said-I just love Dior!
This beauty is fashionably bitter, but gentle, and so unique scent, fresh as you dive into a cold stream full of lilac, bright and clear as drops, although very old fashioned, also charmingly attracts.
Diorissimo is eternity, this is the scent of spring 1000 years ago,away from this crazy world today.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

The top notes run in and out very quickly, and then all of a sudden I get a rose-type aroma (not powdery, just rosy), soft jasmine, ylang ylang, and perhaps even lily. I'm not sure if i can smell the rest of the middle notes, but the florals that DO make themselves present to me actually smell wonderful. Fresh and breezy--as if I were walking through a gorgeous botanical garden with flowers flanking both sides of me.
Then I smell somethng very very clean. The flowers are still there...but most of them are not distinguishable to me anymore. The lily-of-the-valley, civet, and sandalwood are what I'm smelling now. I also get a soft musk...but mostly, what I'm getting brings to mind a soft floral soap....fresh and lovely.

I'm sure floral fans adore this fragrance.to me,it's a pure jasmine fragrance.in fact I can get nothing but jasmine from this one.
it's very romantic,womanly and mild.perfect for spring,when the nature is re-borne and you just like to smell lovely and full of flowers.
I also accept people who've said it's a bit un-natural.it's somehow artificial,specially at the first sniff and first 10 minutes.but as the middle notes appear,it becomes more floral and the artificial scent disappear.
by the way,I think it's a bit foolish to spend money for buying a perfume like this that can be found almost everywhere!though the long lasting power is very well,it lacks creativity.by the way it was great for the time it came out(1955)

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

This smells almost identical to Caswell Massey's Lily of the Valley soap in its heart. The opening is greener than I imagined it would be and after the sharpness fades, it exudes a creamy soapiness that smells squeaky clean.

A very classic scent, certainly a lovely white floral, but it lacks character and presence in my opinion. No surprises, charisma, or boldness. I would have no qualms about wearing this to a funeral, and I can't say that about many perfumes I've sampled.

allexa27
allexa27

i love the flower lily -of- the- valley and I wanted so bad to like the perfume too.But everytime when i smelled it ,there was something that made me veeeery sick and puke.Every time!i throw away the perfume .I dont know what was wrong??

Mals86
Mals86

So lovely it brings tears to my eyes. The essence of spring.

Yes, this is a lily-of-the-valley soliflore. And because LotV is such an innocent, simple flower, there will be very little mystery involved. However, that's not a problem for me; I love me some muguet! One sniff and I'm in my aunt's garden...

And I don't give a flip about what Coco Chanel used to say: A woman should not smell like flowers, she should smell like a woman. I think I should be able to smell of whatever I enjoy. If I wanna smell like flowers -- well, I CAN, thanks to Edmund Roudnitska's masterpiece.

ktv0926
ktv0926

Beautiful rich deep floral fragrance - for me it smells just like the essence of lylac. I adore this scent! What is so unique about this perfume - it is pure floral scent, but soo rich and deep, which is very rare.

Cyberlady
Cyberlady

I wore this in the late 60s. I did not expect to like Lily of the Valley but was surprised to find that I liked this. I found it light and uplifting.

Kama
Kama

I agree it is pure lily-of-the-valley-esence! then it goes in something more sensual...
I bought them as a Xmas present for my mama and I fall in love with this pefume...
Very classy and elegant !

Allegra
Allegra

Lily-of-the-valley is one of the most adorable, yet simplest and purest floral scents around. Diorissimo quite has it but still...something very essential is lacking from it. It's not light and airy and fresh, just disappointingly artificial and way too sharp with protruding synthetic sweetness.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

For me this perfume smells like spring - a paradisic scent that never fails to inspire me. The opening is a bit too strong and sharp but the scent soon settles down into an amazingly silky drydown.

mizzgossip
mizzgossip

I definitely smell the jasmine in it. This is a sweet perfume, although it is a bit too sweet for me, but I still like it.
A nice bottle, very Dior.

Montie_M
Montie_M

"A gentle white floral, a timeless classic, a soliflore, pure lily of the valley,"that's my opinion.

Malegria
Malegria

Diorissimo is an ultimate lily of the valley scent, but I think it`s a bit unnatural,too sharp and cold.I can feel a little bit of honeysuckle and citrus, but that lily-of-the-valley is reining over everything. In my opinion it lacks mystery - just a very well-made mono-fragrance.

Aysu
Aysu

This was my mother's signature scent as well.. I remember the smell of the lily of the valley, creating a perfect aura around her, blended with citrus.. Opening is sharp though, it may scare you by making you feel like an old fashioned smell but it is just the opening.. This is one of the best lily of the valley scents in my opinion.

dina

Like you say SoirdeLune, the original was great. I read that it was one of lady Di favorite. It's quite popular among ladies of a certain age. its my mother signature fragrance.

kori_an
kori_an

...that will be my wedding scent!

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Diorissimo used my teacher of mathematics. I not was great mathematics fan, but I still waited impatient for lessons, that relish intensive, adorable, fresh, juicy, paradisic scent of lilly -of -the -valley. For today mathematics associates me with grassland full wonderful lily-of-the-valleys :)

mem53me
mem53me

I have used this fragrance for years due to the fact that the lovely, soft lily of the vally fragrance never fails to inspire compliments - even from perfect strangers - who compliment me on the scent! Totally romantic, not overpowering. However since perfume/cologne tends to change on my skin, I spray it lightly on my hair, this really works.

soirdelune
soirdelune

The original was sublime, but not loving the reformulation. Would wear this when I lived in the hot climes of Egypt: it instantly freshened and perked me up -- so pretty, its gorgeous floral tones a welcome contrast to the heat and pollution. A lovely, flowery pick-me-up for chic city girls.

Marianne

I mean, it smells as if they had made pure essence of the flowers, but I don't think this is possible (I've read it in one of my perfume books).

ydee
ydee

Did have this one befor, now reformulated, the older version was bit sweeter and I liked that one more.
This one is just bit grener to me, still very nice lily of the valley scent.
Marianne I need to smell pure lily of the valley esence.

Marianne

Like pure lily-of-the-valley-esence! BUT very synthetic because as far as I know, these flowers are resistant to any kind of treatment like destillation...

Diorissimo by Dior 4.15 out of 5 based on 1073 ratings and 179 user reviews

Christian Dior Diorissimo Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Parfum 0.5oz
Christian Dior Diorissimo Parfum Splash 15ml 0.5oz
Christian Dior Diorissimo Parfum Splash 15ml 0.5oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Diorissimo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Diorissimo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Diorissimo by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Diorissimo by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.