Designers » D E » Oriental Woody « Groups

Dolce Vita Dior for women
dislike

I have it: 1400 I had it: 1462 I want it: 1020 My signature: 50

cinnamon
Dolce Vita Dior for women Pictures Dolce Vita Dior for women Pictures Dolce Vita Dior for women Pictures Dolce Vita Dior for women Pictures Dolce Vita Dior for women Pictures Dolce Vita Dior for women Pictures

This is a sweet oriental fragrance with a spicy woody base. This perfume of joy and happiness reminds us of hot and sunny summer days-the scent of easy living. Top notes include lily, magnolia and rose followed by peach, apricot and cinnamon in its heart while the drydown notes are sandal, heliotrope and vanilla. This “sweet” Dior’s classic is created by Pierre Bourdon and Maurice Roger in 1994.

Lily Peach Grapefruit Bergamot Rose Cardamom

Life Threads Ruby Sheer

Dolce Vita Fragrance Reviews

FireDragon76
FireDragon76

I was gifted 100ml of this by my husband some years ago after my mother in-law let me test hers. It's a mature sweetness on my skin and not at all cloying. It stays the same on my skin and doesn't have a base it dries down to which I normally wouldn't like but I like the spicy sparkliness for lack of bettter words, that this has throughout the day on me.

It's best for cooler weather but I wear it both for day engagements and dinners. I have so little left of it and so many other fragrances I want to explorer so I only use what little is left sparingly. It's such a hard temptation not to reach for it all the time. Even people who aren't keen on obvious fragrances, compliment me on it when I wear it. I must have a skin chemistry that suits Dolce Vita well.

Like always, test and wear for a while, before purchasing if this is your first time.

emsilly
emsilly

Dolce Vita is the smell of sweetly spiced sunshine, heavy oaked fruity chardonnay.

It is warm and inviting for winter, but the afore mentioned "spicy/sunshine/wood/chardonnay" feel makes it a lovely complement to heavy, hot summer days.

Truly one of my favourites. I feel powerful when I wear it.

**I bought Dolce Vita in 2013, so my review here is assumedly for the reformulation.

newbieScentLover
newbieScentLover

I got stinky B.O. Couldn't scrub it off fast enough. Glad it was only a sample.

lady_baskerville
lady_baskerville

My boyfriend reckons this smells 'a bit old ladyish' - but I don't care!!

This is a divine fragrance, sweet spicy and utterly delicious. I'll admit that on my skin the cinnamon note is pretty potent and veers slightly close to the 'BO' line (but falls just on the right side of it thank goodness), but in my opinion that just gives it an earthy, sexy edge which is a bit more enticing than some other perfumes.

The spicy notes are really noticeable at first, but the scent is sweeter and fruitier as it dries down. Towards the end of its lifetime on the skin it's quite powdery on me, but I like that a lot. Not a safe blind buy, but well worth a look.

IndigoEye
IndigoEye

Dolce Vita was one of my first contacts with the world of perfume. As an early teen, one of the girls came into school, having stolen a spray of Dolce Vita from her mother. She flung open the class room door and walked in, late, (in lipstick!), swinging her blonde hair over her shoulder and filling the room with a heady, sensual mix of wood and vanilla and fruit and flowers. She seemed to cross the room in slow motion, and as I watched her, I thought she was the most daring and sophisticated girl in the world. So this is what women smelt like.

Since that day, I have almost purchased Dolce Vita several times, but to me it is the fragrance for a warm, confident honeyed lady. It smells of gold. So whilst I loved it, it wasn't right for me. I need a bit more cool and secret - I need silver and have been happy to find this in the Serge Lutens woods - Feminité de bois etc.

I will chime in with others, though, and lament the reformulation. Even though I never wore Dolce Vita, I loved to smell it, and I am sad at how it has changed. It is less full-bodied and seems a little sour now. I still like it, though - so don't be put off giving it a try.

Good for: warm, open, seductive charisma - definite signature potential.

kiristarr
kiristarr

I thought I had purchased a bad bottle or was losing my mind until I read the other reviews. I remembered this as a beautiful, sweet, rich Oriental fragrance. As a child, I would wake up in our summer house to the co-mingling aromas of Dolce Vita and coffee as my mother made the breakfast. Her love of this fragrance became mine a few years later.

But when I purchased a bottle a year ago, the B.O. stench was unbearable, and the rich spiciness was watered down. I actually like the scent of cumin and coriander, which people sometimes describe as B.O. But this B.O. - it was just stale, three-day-old sweat. A NYC cab in a summer heat wave. I offered the bottle to my mother, thinking that perhaps it was my sniffer that had gone off. She took one whiff, crinkled up her nose, and shook her head. Into the trash it went.

In short, this was a magnificent fragrance. Now it is a revolting disaster. Shame.

boheme_maras
boheme_maras

Oh what a perfume ! So delicious and classy, i love the way cinnamon sounds.. This perfume is bright like the sun . When i smell it in my mind an elegant woman drinking a cup of tea in a French square watching the passers... Beautifull and indolent like this gem.

idalicious
idalicious

reminds me of the rich holiday full of luxury and freedom, which can not always afford. the escape from everyday life, scarce commodity. this impeccably durable.

IntentOnScent
IntentOnScent

Ive had this a while, the edt..All I remember smelling when I put this on is .. fruit tingles or sherbet in some pretend fruit flavour, too much powder
Since it wasn't cheep I've tried to go back and try to like it again and again but its just horrible. The last time I wore it I remember giving up and actually washing it off my wrists. Worst buy ever, at least a pretty bottle, ornamental value. I wouldn't even spray this on a wet dog.
Id like to smell it again to refresh my memory to make a better review but its just to upsetting.

I keep trying this one from tester in the vague hope that they reformulate it a little better, but no.
I already moaned enough on these true beauties from the past. Only a few years, actually.
One can decide not to wear them anymore because of memory triggers and that's one thing, but it's much more sad when you cannot wear them anymore because of reformulation.
I just wanted to say that the slight BO edge is present in many reformulated ones. As many other beauties Dolce Vita used to have a creamy sandalwood note that made the whole scent rounder, coherent and warm in a sweet woody way, not sugary at all.
Guerlain Samsara, YSL Paris, CK Obsession(?), Cartier So pretty (gone), real Panthere (gone)...
Sandalwood was magical, even when paired with chemicals, but now that sandalwood is endagered (or too expensive?) it is banned, so what you get as "sandalwood" is just chemical replacer and that smells like BO IMO.
Very few shops carry Dolce Vita here now. It seems that they keep a bottle of these reformulated older ones as good measure if they have space enough on shelves. One SA told me: "In case an older lady asks for it". This makes no justice to perfumes that have no age. Dolce Vita was a timeless classic.

LadyMaverick
LadyMaverick

Poor 'Dolce Vita'. There is nothing 'Dolce' about it. I remember it as lovely, sweet scent - perfect, elegant blend. I was planning to get myself another bottle, but as I heard of refolmulation, I decided to test it before buying. So here I am with 'Dolce vita' sitting on my wrists - it has been around 5 hours since I sprayed it. The scent is actually quite scratchy, like there is too much cinnamon. I am not sure what they did to it. I wouldn't call it sweet now. Maybe it is not that bad, but the mellow character is gone and the thing that really worries me is that I am starting to get whiffs of kind of body odour (?!) Maybe it is just me, but still not good :(

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

Semi-sweet, luscious, woddy, my boyfriend and I really love it. He told me this is one of the moste feminine fragrances ever. MMMmmm...nice, isn't it? He loves high quality products, even invited me to make him a list with the ones I want...

tanzp
tanzp

so creamy vanilla a heck of lot nicer than hypnotic poison , at least you can smell , i find hypnotic is so weak now! . this is not love it ! a win win for me

christinavictory
christinavictory

I honestly don't know what to think about this. I halfway like it, and I half way really kind of hate it. I sprayed this one in the store about 4 hours ago....it's definitely long lasting with big silliage. I'm not so sure about the smell though. It sort of reminds me of those paint pop things whatever they are called, where you have the paint brush shaped lollipop and the sour sugar in a paint can? Specifically, it reminds me of the grape one. I used to eat those a lot when I was a kid, but I'm not sure I really want to smell like that as an adult? I don't know....I don't dislike it.....but I don't like it....this whole thing is perplexing to the highest degree.

ellina1984
ellina1984

I smell something spicy - cinnamon most probably. A lot of rose, tithering towards a woody rose at times. Sweet, creamy vanilla, discreet sandalwood, and a lot of caramel - benzoin, although it's not listed in the notes. This is elegant in a femme fatale sort of way, and very classy and feminine. I really like this, but I think it would be most suitable or winter, or a cooler, breezy summer night. A classic, in my opinion.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I got a small sample and I am wondering, is it my bottle or does this have a BO body stank think going on with it? I am smelling something animalic here like body odor? I just wonder if I had an older sample or something? Please message me if you are smelling what I am smelling. My husband LOVED this. Maybe the BO stank is a pheramone type thing to attract the opposite sex? I just don't think I am comfortable with something that can have the potential of smelling like an unwashed arm pit - I work hard at cleanliness.

mimi2784
mimi2784

recieved a full set of cd miniature when i was in highschool from a family friend and boy! do i love dolce vita! its classy touch of elegance reminds me of the old days when i used to keep them away from my siblings since i know these type o' perfumes are really expensive! dolce talk wise, longevity is superb! 2 whiffs behind my ear lasts up to 6 hours. its musky scent makes me feel relaxing..a must have!

fayez188
fayez188

عطر رومانسي خفيف و ساحر شبيه بعطر allure من شانيل

squirrelhead
squirrelhead

This is a beautiful full bodied scent . It reminds me of the Tigress scent my
Mom would wear in the 1960's ....the top notes are spicy with the middle
notes not very discernible . The dry down is soft with the whiff of cinnamon and subtle woody notes.
It seems to work better for fall or winter months.
It is also, a mature women's fragrance for special occasions. It is not really something to wear for a road trip in a car with others due , to the fact of it being
bold.....:)
I have the EDP but, would love to sample the EDT.
If you love warm , spicy oriental fragrances, this one is worth the effort to
investigate.

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

This was one of my first perfumes - a Christmas present back in the 90s. It was probably a bit too grown up for me back then. Now I kind of like it. It's warm and spicy without being overpowering. Quite sexy. Might have to get some.

guillermostf

Yes, this is a great creation, but i get it recently and it seems to be lighter than before, a little bit softer. Am i wrong? maybe memories fails.
I purchased it from fragrancex...

luna rebel
luna rebel

This review is about the newest formulation of Dolce Vita.

I wanted to love Dolce Vita. The notes embody exactly the kind of woody sweetness I adore in perfumes. However, I found that I neglect this perfume the most out of all of my collection. It is likeable, but there is nothing special there for me to love it. I really wish there was, but there were absolutely no sparks between me and this perfume. Nothing to make me want to keep coming back to it. I wish I could smell an older formulation of this, as I am told that one is beautiful and much better. It's a pity, I have a completely full bottle of this just sitting around looking pretty. If only the scent intrigued me as much as the packaging did.

LucyLucy
LucyLucy

I used to smell it on my Mom's when I was a teenage (around 14-15) now am 30, the smells it self is so pretty, elegant, expensive, romantic, spicy without have to making me dizzy like many other spicy perfumes that I found. So pure and not complicated at all (: I was just hoping that this amazing perfume would've never be discontinue (:

FloridaMom
FloridaMom

A beautiful scent, but it seems like it has changed a little bit since the last time I wore it in the 90's. Nevertheless, still nice, but I liked the original formulation better.

Adia31
Adia31

Uy!! Me gustaba mucho lástima en mi país no se consigue. Esa vainilla era muy especial me acuerdo que me ponía muy poquito y lo sentía todo el día. Lindos recuerdos.

sanoooy
sanoooy

I had it as gift when I was very young and I love it

Ieva_st
Ieva_st

Loved it in 90's, but was very disappointed when got a bottle some 3 years ago. The fragrance was sweet and warm just like I wanted but still it is not what it used to be.

kitknits
kitknits

I love both Dolce Vita and Eau de Dolce Vita. The Eau de is light, and fresh, with the unguency of Osmanthus hiding in the depths for kick, along with the wood and the spice. But it is a neutered version of Dolce Vita proper. Eau de is rich, but the orginal Dolce Vita is much more adult, in the truly animalic, musky, smells a bit like sex way that a mature scent for women often does. There is much talk of how Penhaligons Amaranthine is meant to smell a bit like the inside of a lady's leg--but I never smell that quality there. I smell it here. This is a rich, alluring, arousing frangrance. Perfect for evening. Or for bed. Eau de works wonderfully for day, but this is the perfume for night-- deep, spicy, sweet, sexual, and strong.

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

This had its days. I used to love this. Reformulation has ruined this. One time in the 90's it a truly beautiful fragrance.
Now its very screeching, pungent and is not tolerabl.

IFRA is a angry beast killing beautiful creations.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

If you love delicious scents, something spicy and addictive which is both mature/warm yet young and sexy - GO NO FURTHER

This perfume is my number 1. NUMBER 1! I don't know why I keep purchasing other ones, I guess I'm addicted.

This is it for impressing everyone and loving yourself.

I used to love Samsara by Guerlain but it became too mainstream and started to smell a little like fly spray on me. This is a perfect replacement if that has happened to you!

wistfulmaiden

I bought a small vial after deciding I would enjoy the notes. I do enjoy this perfume for the most part there is a cinnamon cream which is warm, a powder insets reminiscent of Tresor. However there are two notes I'm not sure I like. One may be apricot and there is a spice which has underlying bitter/ stale notes. If I'm going to wear a fragrance it may as well be one which I like completely... Am glad I tried it though .

VeeNVegas
VeeNVegas

Really thought I was going to love this blind buy based on the reviews here. Unfortunately, all I could smell was the cardamon. Very pungent. Definitely no freshness, no fruit, no magnolia..only cardamon. I smelled like an Indian restaurant. I sold my bottle the day after I bought it.

monamonib
monamonib

lately i got this perfume it really start as dry spicy but ten minutes later u cannot resist yourself my sister commented on it i found her following me whenever i go then she asked me what is ur perfume name it is so sexy on you i said it is dolce vita

Ahlamsarah
Ahlamsarah

it's one of the perfumes that gets you a lot of complements .....and the smell is so delicious

mariana
mariana

A very classy and joyful aroma! Sweet cinnamon, a concoction of peaches and abricots plus a hint of cardamom. Extremely lady-like, perfect for evenings, deep passion in a bottle! :)

app9
app9

I was maybe 11 or so when I got Dolce Vita for the first time. I don't know why I chose to wear it, because frankly, it is quite a mature scent. Afterwards I completely forgot Dolce Vita existed, until today. I tried it on in the store. Oh my, just as it was back then, but softer and rounder all the way. Lovely spices and woods. On my skin not so much flowers, but cinnamon, sandalwood and vanilla. What a lovely combination. It's warm, it's cozy and oh so feminine, even though the first whiff was slightly manly. I fell in love with Dolce Vita, head over heels.

But, as the day progressed, I got the feeling that I'm too young for this. I don't necessarily believe that perfume is an age thing, but with this I definitely feel like I have to be at least 35. It's a beautiful perfume, but not for someone who's 23. I tend to like the heavy classics of the perfume world, and use really rich and warm stuff. And I certainly will get back to DV, but maybe in 10 years or so. It's nice to know, that I have something to wait :)

Daao
Daao

I got fooled by the guy who certainly wanted me to buy it. I asked for a citrusy and fresh perfume, and he sprayed me from head to toe with Dolce Vita, assuring me I'll have to go back home with his security guy to prevent men from trying to abduct me on my way.
Well the first two seconds were OK, it smelled fresh and fruity. Then it left place to a very warm and spicy smell, the cinnamon kicked in, and I knew it really was not for me (i hate cinnamon ._.).
It smells like precious wood, the scent is objectively beautiful, warm and rich like expensive spices. It's just really not my type of perfume. And (this is a good point for Dolce Vita, just unlucky for me) it lasts really long. My coat still smells of it and it was three days ago.

vincy_gal

Mom got a bottle as a gift so I tried it. All I smell is spice. I am not detecting any flower nor fruit.

I suppose it's an elegant scent, but only for those who prefer a spicy elegant. If you like frags such as Samsara, Dune, Opium you will quite likely enjoy this one.

Not for me though.

Catty

I can not count how many compliments I receive, when I´m with it. Only today, I heard it three times.

This scent is really a gem, old classic School, but so luminous due to the Magnolia, that makes it wearable all the day and very update.

Highly Recommened! Enjoy!

The first perfume in my life, bought when I was teenage. I still can remember this gorgeous, fresh lily, developing greatly on my very young skin. I'd saved for this fragrance for many months, as perfume was extremely expensive in my country, comparing to the salaries we had that time. All my female friends were extremely jealous, cause they couldn't afford it (it cost like third, or even half of their parents' salaries). One of my friends even said 'I hate your perfume!'. Well, many years later, when perfume was much more affordable to us, she bought this fragrance...

dalouchi
dalouchi

Got it as a gift, and absouletly hated it!! Verrry strong spices smell. As if you're in an Indian spice market where all smells mix to result in a pungent (not really interesting) scent.. Had to give it away :/

lollsazz
lollsazz

I first bought a small bottle of this - only a few mL on ebay. I put it on and instantly disliked this: it smelt carrots on me...! I thought it was maybe a fake, because everybody seemed to love it. Then I found this in a local perfumery, and it was the exact same thing :( For some reason, the lilies in this smell carrot on me :(

Catty

I can only say one Thing: D I V I N E!

My beloved floral has always been Carolina Herrera Femme. My Husband likes it, but always with the complain that it´s too heavy sometimes.

My CH bottle ended, and he brought me Dolce Vita, asking me to use it instead.

This scent is really the typical one that I love: classy, refined, very feminine and rich smel. In addition, it can be used from morning ´til evening.

I wouldn´t classify it as a floral scent, for me it´s more a creamy Wood-spicy one; very feminine due to the Vanille that here is very subtle.

This scent is really a masterpice!!!
Unforgettable ...

LisaMari
LisaMari

a lovely, classy scent. Subtle warm doll-like fragrance - a good balance between powder and musk. I think this smells strongly of lily and it was my signature scent for a while but I tired of it.. the dry down is too savoury for me..

nurul.ain
nurul.ain

i want to renew my review on this perfume.firstly,i wanna talk about the scent...yes i did mention that i had tried this perfume 15 years ago n i kept on sniffing my wrist over n over...as i loved the cinnamon smell...very warm n comforting : a motherly-like scent to me...

when i look up for the ingredients in dior official website,it only states 3 compositions n they are cinnamon,magnolia flower n vanilla...but in fragrantica,it's totally different..dolce vita has more than 3 main ingredients.i'm surprised though...

cardamom gives the spicy-ness in dolce vita...peach n apricot adds some edge..whereas coconut n magnolia flower creates the creamy-ness in it...vanilla brings warmth n sweetness while cinnamon which is dolce vita's absolute "core business",i would say, brings out the motherly-like sense in it...as for both bergamot n grapefruit,it creates the citrusy part that enhances the happiness n joy of this perfume.rose n heliotrope flower blends with the woody ingredients of brazillian rosewood,sandalwood n cedar,gives the powdery effect n a long lasting scent..lily flower,as far as i am concerned,it has aquatic-like smell which i am not so sure how it does its job/contributes in dolce vita..or maybe it has become a missing piece,i guess...

and now.the bottle~

for me,it's classical & a beauty queen-like design..which would never fade away even it has gone through a long journey of life...or should i say,this is an "evergreen" kinda fragrance that always stay young at heart..gold colour plays an important role n character to represent dolce vita.as everyone knows that gold is a colour of majesty,proud n dignity..it could also be anything,depending on the wearer herself,on how to interprete/define dolce vita personally...as the saying goes,beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

truffles
truffles

Ugh, sorry, Dolce Vita clearly has a huge fanbase but I just find it vile.
I've sniffed it a few times and all I get is water and cinnamon. A watery cinnamon solution. Maybe it's my nose but had another sniff today - out of continued curiosity really as it has so many fans!) and it smelled a little bit like that old Max Factor scent, Le Jardin D'Amour - kind of fizzy, but it also smelled like cheap aftershave... just not my thing I guess.

Musky4
Musky4

Another fabulous perfume from the 1990s and one of my favourite fragrances from Dior. This smells absolutely beautiful on the skin and has the most delicious dry down. A very warming scent that's perfect for those who like peaches, cinnamon and sweet vanilla. I don't really associate this with any particular season and could wear this for any occasion, daytime or evening, where I want to smell amazing but not overtly sexy. This is rich and sensual with very good sillage and longevity.

wistfulmaiden

Id love to try this but non of the stores/fragrance counters seem to carry it around here. Maybe Sephora has it?
Don't want to blind buy this one.

AdrianB
AdrianB

I sampled this yesterday.

On me, there is no vanilla, no cinnamon. I get peach & apricot with a very light sandalwood in the background. These are the notes I get from start to finish.

While peach & apricot can many times turn into "cat pee" on my skin, this (thankfully) didn't. It wasn't a juicy cooked peach, rather it was similar to sniffing a freshly picked peach, or the scent of a white peach lotion. Very pleasant, but not what I was hoping for.

Longevity & sillage were OK, but some "heavy hitters" in perfume disappear on me fast. I did have to reapply twice in an 8 hour span, but for me, that's not terribly unusual.

I will sample this again. It's a solid "like" but right now, not a love. If the peach & apricot stay prominent on me, it'd be a good choice for springtime for me.

I don't know if the sample I have is vintage or reformulated.

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

The beauty of this fragrance is when you are tucking yourself into bed and you get a rush of this amazing scent some 12 or more hours after you first applied it. I adore this fragrance. One of those nineties gems that settles to something complex and incredible, unlike a lot of todays perfumes that just seem to smell the same after a few hours. Yes,I love my powerful nineties frags!

deeanna
deeanna

Classy sunny spicy, with a good zeste of cinnamon.

jillgath
jillgath

I love this fragrance - it always smells like grapefruit to me - and so fresh and light. It is interesting how the same perfume can smell different to different people - a friend also wears this and to her it smells more woody.

jinty05
jinty05

I think it's incredible how a fragrance can induce memories of a certain person.
This is a beautiful fragrance that reminds me of my beautiful grandmother.
A very sophisticated scent.
Ultimate and timeless perfume.

anwaar
anwaar

i liked the compisition of fragrance. i will buy it soon.

TheCountess
TheCountess

I swapped this, even though it smelled amazing. It held bad memories for me, but I hope the person that has it now has better memories wearing it than me.

macheprofumo
macheprofumo

BEAUTIFUL, Beautiful, Beautiful. Wore it when it first came out. Certainly within its own league. Very classy. But, I have been testing it out again and notice that there is a downed-old smell to it. Not sure if the bottles have been sitting around in the stores too long. DIOR needs to revisit this scent and RELAUNCH it. I am sure it will be a success if the House of Dior takes the initiative to do so.

thegreekone
thegreekone

I love really much this scent.It reminds me of something nostalgic,happiness and beautifull moments.Not very sweet or spicy.Timeless romantic and unique.Dior is the winner here.

Kanz Oman
Kanz Oman

Can't explain how amazing & long lasting this scent is. Love it

NMWS76
NMWS76

About 5 years ago my husband bought me the 100ml version of this and I still have a bit left. I had been complimenting my mother in-law, yes; my mother in-law on this fragrance for years before that. She was sensible and bought/was gifted the smallest of the bottles and I think that would've been fine. We suit the same types of fragrances which are popular with her generation (1930s) not so much with my generation (1970s) but my body chemistry loves this type of fragrance so I've learnt through trial to go with my body chemistry and not neccesarily what I'd like (Aquatic, purely floral, ambery-woodsy) and this is indeed a lovely fragrance on me and I receive many compliments when I wear it, even from younger people in their 20s-50s but I'm just tired of it now. Love the bottle though.

SIPLANTIS
SIPLANTIS

They've changed the beautiful formula and ruined all my childhood memories.. :((

Kimreu
Kimreu

I really thought I would like this. Sadly I'm not sure how I feel about it yet...After reading several reviews I decided to blind buy Dolce Vita. My immediate thought was Ellen Tracy sprinkled with cumin! Yikes...When I read all the reviews that said 'spicy' I was thinking more along the lines of cinnamon, nutmegy type warmness. Unfortunatley It takes on a bit of a rancid body odor smell, but when I sniff again I think otherwise and convince myself that I'm smelling things...then I get a waft of the cumin esque body odor nastyness (with a plasticy undertone) once more, and I'm not sure what to think...I'm so very glad I only bought one ounce bottle of this that is for sure.

As I'm writing this review I decided to spray on a bit more and I will say that I feel that this may be one of those scents one may need a bit of a heavy hand with. I would normally NEVER advise to spray on any scent more than one or two sprays, tops, since I'm certainly a demure perfume wearer with a very light hand. However I just did a full on diva spray up and down my body and dare I say it smells MUCH better the heavier it's applied!! Can it be? The cumin esq odor seems to have been more of a cardamom scent tricking my nose? I'm still not so sure about this fragrance. I guess I'll wait and see what my husband says if anything but as far as I'm concerned I'm still on the fence.

To paint a picture: Dolce Vita is the moderately attractive woman all the men swoon over simply because she is exotic and may have an accent, but her looks leave much to be desired. (plus she may skip showers!) The 'something about her' woman...

lusilva
lusilva

To my nose, smells like bug spray + black pepper ...

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

Spicy and "warm"! Love it!

PeerlessPerfume
PeerlessPerfume

I've finally stocked up on some of the old, exquisite Dolce Vita fragrances I remembered and loved. I was very disappointed with the new formulation. It has lost its distinct femininity and subtlety. Now it smells like so many other, cheaper scents.

However, the beautiful bottle -- designed by the renowned Serge Mansau -- has been left alone, thankfully.

stormyla
stormyla

Today was the third time that I tried wearing this fragrance with very disappointing results.

I absolutely loved the opening of this fragrance but after that something very musty emerged. Could it have been the cardamon? After about 5 hours yet another unpleasant note took over, this one with a very waxy aura. I wonder could that be the coconut? Well it doesn't really matter, it's just such a shame.

I really wanted to like this fragrance because I just adore the bottle.

schamberae
schamberae

I have this miniature fragrance on 2010 and still have a few drops on it. it smells sweet and warm. god for age around 25-30. it has a bit strong scent at first but the drydown is nice, very good for evening occasion, one of my favorite fragrance.

niggi
niggi

update:
I am testing this sent again, because I can`t forget it somehow:-) this time in cooler weather and it smells divine:-)all the fruit and spices come out real nice. A masterpice!
I found out that in summer most of the sents dont stay for too long on the skin because it vaporates more quickly due to intens sweating.
Even my beloved CK/Obsession wont hold too long.

When I tested Doce Vita it was in the midst of hot summers day and thats when I wrote my thirst unkind review.
So, dear Ladys, I can recomend this to you if you like spicy and sweet sents. Only not in summer:-) ( or perhaps for a night out) staying power is good enof for me ca 4 hrs untill it softens more into a skin sent - on clothes really good untill washed out- All the top notes stay on the clothes too:-)

Iam really dissapointed with this one. The top notes are really nice- spicy and fresh fruit, but after 10 min its all gonne and Iam left with some woody, slightly spicy drydown. Does not last on my skin at all-Boring and in my humble opinion not worth to be called "Dior" and certanly not "Dolce Vita". Low quality for a house like Dior. I feel sorry not to give a better review........God bless you

elderflowers
elderflowers

After early disappointment with the rather misleadingly-named Cinnabar, I put together a little list of Big Cinnamon scents to try: Casmir, Organza Indecence, Diesel Zero Plus for men, and Dolce Vita. It's a tricky note because anything that smells of cinnamon – including the spice itself – has an innate tendency to trigger skin sensitivity...but I will continue to use it on clothes in cold weather, because it's such a pick-me-up.

Out of this stampede of spicy 90's goodness, Dolce Vita is my pick, managing to be quite sandalwoody and sophisticated, yet full of playful sticky-bun cinnamon, with the supposed floral topnotes barely there at all – the cardamom is more prominent to my nose. Dolce Vita tells me 'You can never be a child again, it's your job to be the grown-up now. But you can stay young at heart as long as you want'.

This stuff is not for children to wear, but in my general experience, children like it, because it's so cosy; people in their teens and twenties don't, because it's devoid of fruitiness, and enthusiasm for it picks up again once both wearers and sniffers hit their thirties. I'm sure it's sexy to some, but to me, it's primarily the scent of warm, generous adulthood, and that's the secret of its allure.

NicoleO
NicoleO

I love this perfume, I've nearly finished my third bottle. I've also had the most compliments wearing this. One client said she was heading home to put hers on, but she was sure it didn't smell so good on herself though. I think it works really well with my body chemistry. I have been thinking it might be time for a change but it's a hard one to top. It's everything I love in a perfume - woody, fruity, dry, long lasting with good sillage (enough to get you noticed but not overwhelming). This will always be a favourite.

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

This perfume was one of my mom's favorites and it really did smell divine on her =) Unlike the Chypre Floral ones that smelled fantastic on her and turned stinky on me... they still do btw... this one smelled just as good on her as it did on me.

The warmth and spicy woodiness of it really sets it apart from other high end elegant perfumes. I could be so bold as to say that it has a playful quality to it.

None the less, i will give it a few more years before buying it again because i think i need to mature a little bit more... so that i may do this perfume justice. =)

maddy.knowles
maddy.knowles

This was the very first perfume I owned, my mum gave me a mini 5ml when I was 9 or 10 years old and I just thought it was the most beautiful, glamourous scent I'd ever smelled. It is so sweet and powdery, but the woodiness sets it apart and makes it special. Beautiful!

samloves
samloves

I was looking forward to trying this out but I have to say it was nothing like I imagined. I'm not good at picking out individual notes all I got was, sweet, vanilla, spicy and only I tried it on in a department store I would of said it had gone off! Had a real 90's vibe to it but also old ladies. Sorry really not for me and I normally love vanilla with a bit of spice like Dior Addict.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Awhile ago I tried Cartier Pasha (for men, I know) and had a bad experience. This turned like that too for the first 30 minutes. I should say, it was light floral/aldehydic for the first 5 minutes then the armpit stench showed up. I checked the notes and there is nothing there between the two that I can credit for the stench. Anyway, after a couple of hours, screeching sandalwood (visually it would be rough wood instead of smoothly sanded wood) in Dolce Vita is prominent. It becomes softer as it fades. Finally, Dolce Vita has become smell-worthy. I don't think I would buy this as it smells exactly like the sandalwood pure oil version which I already own. Perhaps, one day I could add a little vanilla to the oil to sweeten it further.

One spray on me,
Sillage: about two feet for first hour
Longevity: three hours (then wrist to nose afterwards but that is when the scent is soft and enjoyable to me)
Rating: 2/5 for the drydown but 1/5 in beginning

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

It opens with a lot of cardamom, which reminds me of Kenzo Jungle l'Elephant. When it dries down, the sandalwood is dominant. The vanilla and the cinnamon are not very strong on me, not that sweet type in L de Lolita, but just enough present to 'feminise' the fragrance. It's a sophisticated and elegant scent, that captures you discretly and then grows on you. The longevity is 8h+ and it doesn't project too much.

amoregal
amoregal

What a beautiful sensual scent. Not too sweet, not too spicy. Very feminine and sexy. I am lucky. It is one of those fragrances that matches well with my body chemistry. Get lots of compliments from both men and women when I wear this. So, of course I love it!

icecube
icecube

Starts out as a sweet and nice scent.
But after some minutes a mintnote starts developing that are getting stronger by the seconds. Does anybody else get this. I have no idea what that note comes from but it is dominant.
The dominant mintnote mixed wit sweetness stays strong untill the fragrance mostly fades away after aproximately 2 hour.
The weak smell that is left - is heavenly (mintnote gone).

valeriapredoiu
valeriapredoiu

love it! smells like pure sweet angels baking a delicious sweet cake! warms you up and makes you feel dlicious! do not try to wear this in hot or even warm weather! perfect Christmas scent!

HypnoticPoison
HypnoticPoison

I thought I would love this because I like peaches, cinnamon and vanilla, but... On my skin it smells very masculine and like sweat!

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Not for me. This one smells super sweet and reminds me of cola. I just can't bring myself to wear a fragrance that smells like pop.

Monica lee

I bought this based on its make up, in particular the sandalwood note. For some reason I knew it would be a winner. It has a very bold opening of florals and citrus but in less than an hour you start to enjoy the warmth of the sweet citruses and woods. In time it just gets better. It's gorgeous and very alluring. This is a "must have" in a perfume collection. My husband absolutely adores it on me thus making Dolce Vita my new signature scent.

varykino
varykino

Wearing Dolce Vita reminds me of looking through the dessert sections of cooking books and feeling my mouth water. Dolce Vita is juicy peaches steeped with cinnamon and vanilla, drizzled with tawny caramel and cream and maybe some melting dark chocolate swirled on top. I indulge recklessly and happily in this sinful concoction through the winter and fall, or even on cold spring days like today. For all the sunny Mediterranean imagery of Dior's own ads and description, I can't imagine wearing this in warm summer weather. While some orientals bloom beautifully in the heat, Dolce Vita feels simply too rich.

The woody notes are dry enough to keep the gourmand sweetness slightly in rein, though, and the cumin note mingling with the woods gives a sensuous association to warm skin. It's welcoming and friendly as an endearingly tipsy hug. This is more a comfort scent than overtly sexy, to me; however I do suspect, for what it's worth, that if a man were to wear this it'd make me want to eat him up with a spoon. :)

iset
iset

This is a very sexy scent.

Monica lee

feminidad en una botella, aparte es tan dulce de manera romantica y tierna, ideal para una cita romantica a la luz de las velas, un perfume unico y sin parecidos de ninguna clase

samer007
samer007

such a wonderful fragrance, so warm yet summery, it's very spicy, powdery but modern. mouthwatering cinnamon, vanilla, peaches and spices yet not gourmand, thanks to a veil of powder and warm spice. Very dolce vita indeed. makes me think of a sunlit piazza in Rome, and the simple pleasures of life. love this.
4+ stars.

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

Very sweet & spicy start. Vanilla, cinnamon, rose & grapefruit. Smells like a decadent dessert, not candy. Whe wood comes in & warms it up to sweet & sexy. I haven't worn this is years, I think I'm going to start again!

patxaran
patxaran

I am loving this more and more every time I wear it. In the beginning I had some doubts if it agreed with my chemistry. There was a weird note almost like sweat, it turns out must be the cedar and rosewood which is quite prominent but mellows down. Good projection and longevity - if you get this on clothes it will stay forever and eventually slightly resemble vanilla pipe tobacco. Definitely a pick me up scent for every day especially in winter. I feel it is sexy and romantic and also suitable for evening wear.
Update September 2013: I love this more and more. I still get the "cumin" like note but I quite like it nowadays, even looking forward to it. The drydown of Dolce Vita is marvellous woody vanilla, not sickly sweet but spicy and with a tiny bit of flowers trawling behind (could this be the magnolia - I get a similar effect in the drydown of L'Instant de Guerlain EDP).

SCJS
SCJS

I remember my beloved aunt using this during the 90's. It reminds me of her suddenly showing up at my family's house with an everlasting tan and big sunglasses, telling stories from her travels all over the world. This sugar and spice smell always lingered in the hallway for at least an hour after she left: very woody, luxurious and sweet. A bit eurotrashy in a sophisticated, confident, devil-may-care way.

I have a vintage bottle, but I seldom feel that I can pull this off even though I love it. Sillage is great and it lasts forever.

Does anyone know if it's been reformulated and if so, when?

maźka1984
maźka1984

Beautiful and very long-lasting fragrance that I know for many years. Wonderful, extremely rich and reminds me of luxury. Such a sweet honey laced with vanilla and wood notes. I have a miniature 5 ml, which is beautifully decorated with dressing, because it looks like a little work of art. I do not use now, because perfume changed color to brown (it's been quite a few years), but plug still smells the same.
It is the smell is not for everyone and everything. I think you need to grow it. I still do not feel that now is the right time to wear it every day. Maybe in a few years I change my mind.

soulflwr
soulflwr

I really thought I would like this one...peaches, cinnamon, cardamom, vanilla. I mean what's not to like?

But it smells really strange and uncomfortable to me. I can't even describe why? It kind of smells like it's gone bad, like refrigerated shredded cheese just before it starts growing mold...kind of tart and a little salty...just gross bleh. Although, this is another lost favorite I'm glad I don't like. I couldn't imagine falling in love with it, then not being able to get my hands on a bottle for a reasonable price. So that's good.

I will say...and I know this sounds odd considering the moldy cheese statement above, it does work well as a feminine deodorant spray. It actually smells different - very pleasant and a little naughty. Idk I guess the female "nethers" enjoy being lavished in cinnamon, peaches, and vanilla.lol

Anyway, based on so many positive reviews, I'm sure if I smelled it on someone else I'd be able to understand why it's so loved. Overall, it's not for me though.

Pace,MioDolceCuore
Pace,MioDolceCuore

Warm perfection. An olfactoric SSRI. Should be on every counter that sells fragrances - thank God for the interwebs where most of us purchase delights that are no longer considered mass market blockbusters. Why?????

Want a bottle.

freddinos
freddinos

What a unique, amazing creation! I love everything about Dolce Vita, from the golden liquid perfume to the adorable name to the whimsical, elegant bottle... I have wanted this for so many years and I finally own it, so happy! The smell of cinnamon, sweet peaches and soft flowers rest peacefully on a woody but not harsh background. If you are not a fan of woody perfumes (like me) I recommend it; this is perhaps among the lightest, airy-est interpretations of woody notes I've ever tried. I also got the matching body lotion which compliments its potency very well. It is very long lasting, and I was surprised it's 'only' an EDT! Love it, and I think it will always have a place in my growing collection.

Edit: This scent is addictive! Just *had* to buy the pure parfum formulation from a trusty eBay seller. Just cannot have enough of its airy, cinnamon dusted, peachy beauty!

Jellybean
Jellybean

Sweet candied florals. It smells yummieh:)
Peach, heliotrope, caramels, vanilla.....it seems everything's there and makes one awesome fragrance. Gourmandy juicy floral. Full of life and vibrant, goes with a name.
I think of vintage youth that would wear this; also suitable for any loud and proud soul. Type of a scent that cheers me up:)
Lingers closely to the skin, develops as a warm vanilla and cinnamon floral. Simply the best! Girly and feminine and it has some power to it.
Longlasting: lasted thru the whole night of dancing:)

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

I used to own a small bottle of this and it made way for new and more unusual perfumes as the years passed. But I tried it on again recently and I think it's excellent.

It's fun to think of the ideal scenario for a perfume and for this it would be a big family get together - maybe a Golden Wedding anniversary in summer - a marquee in a beautiful garden perhaps. It's warm, uplifting and the kind of perfume that's great for lots of hugs. It's what I hoped Dolce and Gabana's Sicily would be like, but wasn't

It's not too floral or heady but it has a nice sillage, and I like the sandalwood which lends it softness and depth. It' not a typical young person's scent, but it would suit women of most ages I think

Lgwmay22
Lgwmay22

I adore this scent and find the new version much nicer than the original. The original has a 'dirty' smell that I find offensive. The new formula is beautiful, classy, gorgeous. Since discovering it I have yet to change to anything else.

Kimmy89
Kimmy89

I tried this expecting it to be a lot sexier, but it's not really. It's very delicate and feminine, but nice nevertheless!
Good for summer. Wouldn't buy it for myself but wouldn't be disappointed if it was given to me as a gift.

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

POWERFULL!!!!

Anja_Karenina
Anja_Karenina

This is definitely a warm scent that I can imagine wearing in the spring and summer to the office as it's classy, refined and cheerful (which makes work more fun!)

As light as this is, this isn't a girly scent. At first spray I get a burst of citruses and it seems to stay until the drydown. As much as I dislike citruses because I find them to be bland and dominating to the point that I can't tell the other notes in the scent apart, there is something "sparkly" about this perfume which I can't describe and I think that Dior indeed hit it right when they created this bottle. (Even though people claim that the pre-reformulation perfume is not the same).

I have always tested DOLCE VITA quickly and tested another scent immediately right after and then more on paper strips (I know that this is a big no-no lol) , so I haven't smelled the REAL Dolce Vita. So my mission is to test this on clean bare skin and then update this review with my final verdict. :)

Nemosh
Nemosh

I recently tested the new formulated perfume and I think it is still a beautiful scent.
Warm & feminine and long lasting.

RedLady
RedLady

Wow this is so lovely.
Completely feminine and timeless.
I can see why some refer to this as a winter fragrance as its deliciously spicy, quite woody and I can detect the cinnamon and vanilla - but I think its gentle enough to wear whatever the season, day or night. It just fits so many occasions.
Once it settles, it become a bit more powdery but not so much that you think you've just dusted talcum powder on yourself after a shower. Its a little more mature than that. Comforting and glamourous at the same time. Wear your pearls and diamonds with this.

Reverie78
Reverie78

Very nice perfume and very particular i believe. Sweet but not excessively sweet ideal for autumn and winter days. Elegant but spicy and "scratchy" too. Beautifull and playfull combination.

candymarie
candymarie

Well said, allpur. :-) *clap*clap*clap*

A sweet, spicy, fruity oriental infused with enough dry wood to start a small bonfire. Just how I like it.

Reform or no, one of Dior's masterpieces.

allpur
allpur

Oh please people. Don't get too carried away with the reformulation issue. Those who had used this fragrance before (before the so-called reformulated era) just please do not mourn about it. Younger generations who are trying to appreciate this gem might somehow be misled thinking that this still-beautiful creation isn't worth cherished due to the reformulation fuss. Who cares about the past when all that is clear is that it's a wonderful fragrance.
For younger generations (or anyone who had just met this beauty), this fragrance is, up to this minute, is still beautiful and nothing is quite like it, know this. Let those who want to continue with their unnecessary mourning miss the chance to enjoy its magnificence.

Colapd00
Colapd00

I love Dior's Dolce Vita. But for me, this is a wintertime fragrance. It reminds me of gingerbread baking in the oven.

gosienka
gosienka

Just curious, so many people mention this perfume was refolmulated. Was that announced by Dior somehow?

It does smell to me a bit differently today than, say, 15 years ago but then I am thinking: Was this really refolmulated or has my skin chemistry changed over this time? What are the chances?

guillermostf

I WISH DOLCE VITA IS RE-LAUNCHED SOON. ONE OF THE MOST EXQUISITE PARFUMS EVER. SPICY, WOODY, TASTY VANILLA. 4 STARS. GREAT BOTTLE. HUGE EMOTIONS.

hipchicagomom
hipchicagomom

I was 16 yrs old when Dolce Vita made it's debut. I didn't wear it though, until I was 18. I can still smell it in my mind, and I'm once again in California, in a convertable on a sunny day. I felt like I could run right out there and conquer the world. I literally LOVED this perfume and got compliments on it regularly. I had such high hopes when I purchased it again recently, until I smelled it and it DOES smell different with the reformulation. My husband wrinkled up his nose and didn't like it. It doesn't last as long, and the original woody, oriental scent has been overshadowed with.....I don't know what...dare I say B.O!? But it's not the same. It's like they took the air out of a floating helium balloon and all that's left is a limp piece of latex. Makes me sad. For shame Dior, FOR SHAME!!!

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

I have the one manufactured in 2008.
The scent is like a celebration, of any happy moments.
All and all, the notes remind me of gingerbreads, cinnamon rolls, candies, sweets, pies etc. Well, looking at the description, this is a woody, spicy, powdery fragrance, however to me, it is more to a feast, quite gourmandy in a different way. I have no idea how many time this fragrance has been reformulated, but mine is sure to cherish for. Love it!

Rawannnna
Rawannnna

Does any one smells smothing " salty" in this perfum>? I love it but I smell salt when I wear it??

boruvka44
boruvka44

Dolce Vita, pretty much! Happy, merry, sunny, delicious, sexy and cute. The girl with pearls, the flacon, the name - everything matches. Stylish grown up lady in full bloom. Elixir of youth. I love it, even tho sometimes i smell a hint of some pharmacy menthol in it.
Vanilla, a BUNCH of cedar, sour/bitter grapefruit, sweet peach and a little bit of cardamom and cinnamon.

karolla28

Dolce Vita is like wish of happiness. I love classical fragrances and Dolce Vita is classic. It gives joy, smile, elegance. Great for polka dot dress, pearls in sunny day.

misschic
misschic

A beautiful, "grown-up" scent. To me this one is special for those winter nights when one just wants to cozy up. It's on my wish list.

Clelia75
Clelia75

Lo metto di sera, quando voglio sentirmi elegante... non è il mio profumo preferito, a volte è un po' troppo "caldo", ma va bene per le serate di inverno e con un abbigliamento molto raffinato.

jenise
jenise

Can mere words express what a lovely, happy fragrance this is? Given as a gift from my beautiful daughter at her wedding, makes this one very special for me.
The gorgeous bottle lured me in for a sniff at first glance. I had been pinning away for this scent for months.I havent' smelled the 'original' version and am not likely to as the prices for the vintage scents continue to be way out of my reach. But O how I love this scent!
First application I had an immediate overwhelming feeling of joy and happiness! It put a smile on my face and a spring in my step. I practically skipped down the mall! It's a sunny, uplifting scent of florals, spicy musk,skin and sweat! Dry down is beautifully done in soft musky waves of summer warmth. Refreshing, invigorating, spicy lemony, floral musk. Georgous! Like a smile from someone you love!This one will forever be a part of my collection.

ailishlu
ailishlu

To me this is an absolutely beautiful scent and to think I really didn`t care for it at all at first. I bought a box of mini Dior fragrances at the airport about 10 or so years ago and this one was included. I didn`t like it at all. It was too grainy and sickly sweet at the same time and terribly cloying. However, over the years I started to grow fond of Dolce Vita and began to really enjoy it. Last Year I finished my mini bottle and last week I bought a 30ml bottle in a closing down sale for a really good price. I`m so happy! I don`t know if I owned the original or if it was already the new reformulation, but this one is just perfect. I sprayed it on my scarf two days ago and I can still smell it. It`s possible that it has indeed changed, I can`t remember so much cinnamon and the graininess is still there but somewhat calmed down. If this is indeed a reformulation, then for me it is definitely for the better. Autumn and winter are the correct seasons for this beauty.

diaspro42
diaspro42

Sweet, delicate, intense .. Very pleasant, suitable for romantic women. The bottle is a little gem. I would recommend it to young women.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

Dior is famous for some amazing scents, and this no exception. It is a powerful scent, and is a lovely balance of vanilla, powder, flowers and sweet fruitiness. One spray goes a long way - so be careful. It's a bright and sunny scent full of joy and positivity. It's a glass of champagne shining in the sun. Longevity and sillage are excellent. It is classic and elegant. The only one critique I might make on it, is there is a note in there, which after a while could get slightly nauseus inducing - ? perhaps the cinammon.

Migalex
Migalex

The above composition refers to the original and not to the current reformulation. This new version smells to me of saffron and nutmeg, more saffron than nutmeg. Well, at least it smells natural, which is quite a rare thing these days. And I tend to find more natural scents amongst cheaper perfumes than in the more expensive ones. Why I do not know, but it is the expensive perfumes which tend to smell very synthetic. Maybe the price has got to cover the research involved in finding new molecules (well, most likely in finding more convincing marketing strategies) Naturalness does not have to be a good thing, but I actually think that natural scents are more likely to induce emotional reactions than scents we never experienced before. That is why personally I do prefer scents I can identify and have experience of. Well, back to Dolce Vita new version, I might as well sprinkle myself with saffron and nutmeg food seasoning powder. It will be cheaper and even more natural. As for the original version, I find it much worse than the new one and I think lots of people probably do as well and that might be the reason of so dramatic a reformulation, because the new version has literally nothing to do with the previous one. To me the previous one smelled of bitter almond liqueur (the almond scent probably recreated through heliotrope). I do not know what is the molecule they claim in this perfume to recreate the scent of cinnamon and lots of current scents also do which to me does not smell of cinnamon at all. I do love the scent of cinnamon and find that molecule as well as totally artificial and not much to do with natural cinnamon very unpleasant, mostly in the original formula of this scent. Im am actually stopping thinking of scents in terms of the natural scented notes marketing information says they have, because that way of thinking does not reflect the synthetical way they are created, bearing in mind that there is not a simple relation between the scent of those molecules and natural scents. The same molecule might induce the sense of more than one natural scent or something close to but not exactly the same as any natural scent and the sensation of some natural scent might actually be brought about by a mixture of synthetical molecules which on their own have no relation to it. Having said that the previous version of Dolce Vita also smelled natural to me, as I said it smelled to me of bitter almond liqueur but personally, leaving aside the flavour os such beverage, I profoundly dislike its scent. But that is me.

havanna
havanna

I love this new version of Dolce Vita

sumara
sumara

This perfume is a sweet and spicy oriental fragrance. The scent is very loud and for me it is one of Dior’s most delicious fragrance. I have the vintage one and it remains perfect and smells good as new. The Dolce Vita bottle has a beautiful design, harmonious and at the same time different. A top quality perfume and one of those fragrances that I could wear my whole life.

bimkenya
bimkenya

Heaven in a beautiful bottle

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

I love this perfume. It smells gorgeous. There are flowers and powder, but deep in that mix, there is also some freshness and fruit. The fruity freshness seems inbedded in the middle like its heart. I have the eau de toilette and since I love the scent so much, I wanted to try the stronger eau de perfume. Sadly eveyone told me they've discontinued the eau de perfume version. Why is that? Thankfully the eau de toilette is strong as a pumping heart and lasts forever and you don't need to put much on. Little goes a long way. Does anyone know why they discontinued the edp? Does this come in concentrated perfume also? That would be awesome.

daisydelirium
daisydelirium

I love this one so much, along with Dior addict (1). Most of Dior fragrances are Rich in smell worth every penny, I feel so womanly. Such Warm and seductive smells. This is what I get every year in my stocking from Santa :D

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

What a beautiful..slightly sweet, slightly floral scent. Very well blended, it smells like sunshine!! Very feminine..I sprayed a small amount on and my husband immediately responded and told me I smelled great! Great summertime scent. I have smelled nothing else like it...all stages are so nice.

Lucialuz
Lucialuz

a dessert: peach, cinnamon, vanilla. So sweeeeeet. Delicious!

Hi,
I think I have older version of Dolce Vita, I bought it 2005. It is still strong with huge nature. Lasts long time and well, I think it is just stronger, like.. edp versus to edt or cologne. I donno why they have made and changed all scents to be like a waters, shadows from originals. Sometimes I feels a bit sad to sniff in perfume shop those good old legends and one by one notice its not the same anymore... . So, I am a bit bored with this new main stream perfumery and because of this turned more to Niche houses. Just because they did waters from their legends. Plus new ones seems to have no own nature, but hmmm many feels to be "just the same" thing.

SweetSun
SweetSun

Really love it. The bottle is amazing as well! Looks and smells like summer and champagne! Sometimes I feel it will last for only two hours, but my friends say they can still smell the sweet scent. I guess it's quite a strong fragrance, but I'm not sure. I would love to enjoy it all day long. I am really curious about the difference between the old and new Dolce Vita. Anybody? Thanks!

anosmia
anosmia

Lovely bottle !!!
Lovelier perfume !!!

Its holds up right through a hot humid day and never ever lets you down !!!

Just love this one !!!

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

Mmmmmm I love this. Smells so rich. For me it smells like walking into an Arabian perfume shop. When I wear it I smell like I've been wrapped in a cosy warm blanket of spicy and musky Arabian insense.

Silage is amazing but be careful how many times you spray, this stuff is POTENT! Use with caution :P

shreyashi
shreyashi

This smells so edible that no one who is fond of sweet gourmands should skip this.

noninoni
noninoni

Smooth cinnamon frappe with coconut delight. One of my all time sensual gourmand favorites

rougetnoir
rougetnoir

ok, maybe I will be killed by all the fans of the vintage formula, but I had to tell you my experience about Dolce Vita. when it came out in the 90's, I was given this perfume as a gift. I wore it for several years, at list 3, and bought it again on my own too. but it wasn't my fave at that time, my really loved one whas Mitsouko by Guerlain. Dolce Vita was sweet, soooo sweet, but we were in the 90's do you remember that period? and I was in my 20's!!!
weel, then happened that a collegue of mine, told me that I was smelling like sex. I hated me, for wearing that perfume, so I gave it away. a months ago I was in a perfumerie, and saw this gorgeous bottle. wow, does it still exist? and I tried it on my wrist. wow, it's great. it's not so sweet at all, it's so modern, so sparkling, so "Joie de vivre" without being "candy" and I love the reformulation more than the vintage!!

"Dolce Vita" is what really describes this fragrance very well!

The most noticeable notes in this fragrance are the magnolia, peach, apricot, cinnamon, vanilla and cedar notes.

It smells warm and sweet.

This fragrance is so delightful and sparkling that it brings associations with the champaign!

Love it!:)))

gatsby

my mum signature scent since this treasure came out on markets. I am mesmerized, I really love this perfume! If a woman can be a "liquid" ...Dolce Vita is for sure one of the winner. So I simply adore it for 100 reasons. One of them: is simply beautiful,unique. And other BIG one: I love u mum!!!

To me Dolce Vita is an Oriental Spicy. Opens with sparkling spicy notes. Less is more - just 1 spray is good enough for several hours, or else this turns to a stinky mess. Fresh scent - good to wear every day if you spray carefully.

För mig är Dolce Vita Oriental kryddig. Öppnar upp med sprakande kryddiga noter. Lite är lagom, 1 sprejning gör att du doftar gott i många timmar, spreja för mycket och denna blir kvalmig och obehaglig. Fräsch doft - härlig att bära som varje-dag-doft om du bara använder lite åt gången.

mariana1974
mariana1974

Dolce Vita is as mentioned before a lot like Feminité du Bois, especially the top notes. Those I love, the drydown is nice, subtle, close to the skin.
I haven't tried the vintage version, perhaps that one is better, this one is nice, inoffensive, cute like the packaging. I am more of the ''in your face'' fragrances, so this one is nice for daytime, when you feel cute and wear daisies in your hair? Well, maybe that is taking it too far. Still, nice.

veronicav
veronicav

A woody dry vanilla, not too sweet, it's perfect for winter day.

nikkirose
nikkirose

If you walk with me, I can show you... an invitation to a perfume like Dolce Vita. Judging from the name suggests hints of saccharine and the wicked and so is LIFE. From the opening notes of the very aromatic, menthol and sandalwood, to the soul of cardamom and touching to vanilla and cedar... somewhere in the sheets are whispers of rose and bergamot. Hmm, where is that Masala Chai?

It is almost like a gourmand fragrance but there's an anchor of feminine sensuality and maturity in it.. the sillage is like those Italian men wanting a bit of your attention. Best for those winter months and for those lovely evenings.

LillyBunnyBoo
LillyBunnyBoo

Dior! Ils ont change mon parfum!!! WHY? WHY? WHY? Why would you EVER reformulate a gorgeous scent like Dolce Vita? What could you POSSIBLY have been thinking? No, really. I need to know. Cheaper ingredients? Some idiotic marketing nimrod who gets a hair up her/his butt? SMH - you butchered it. Kudos.

pippi4
pippi4

I'm truly disappointed with what i sprayed today on my wrist...stinky synthetic peach nektar craving to be called by the name "dolce vita"...probably one more of those "reformulations" (dilution and cheap ingredients)of star fragrances (like this one used to be)that ended washed off...shame!

lukkyme
lukkyme

i am FURIOUS--- dis-reguard my previous post because i recently went an bought a new ''reformulated'' bottle & i.m.o . . . they should have 2 add a warning label 2 anything that has changed SO dramaticly especially when it is over 100 dollar's I WANT MY MONEY BACK & my heart is broken . . . short & sweet they took everything & all that was SO beautiful warm & special OUT of this & it is left with less than a memory of warm spicy cloves & wood & something i was never able 2 put my finger & now i never will because its GONE! :( all thats left is peachy water with pencil shavings . . . . R.I.P you beautiful super star . . . . 3

Coutureguru
Coutureguru

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... out on my regular Sunday afternoon fragrance troll (what else is there to do an a Sunday afternoon?) I walked up to the Dior counter in a department store and was accosted by the Sales Assistant who immediately wanted to slap the new J'Adore all over me. I told her I didn't do flankers. She assured me it was no such thing as a flanker ... it was brand spanking new!! ????? ... "Funny that it's also called J'Adore" said I lifting the bottle of Dolce Vita to my nose with an evil gleam in my eye. "Mmmmm ... Tuberose" ... I said. She responded that it was strange that Tuberose is not in very many fragrances these days, except of course the one I was holding in my hand. Really??? I remember when SA's could tell you exactly what was in a frag and how the notes interacted. These days they know less than most of their customers ...shameful! How about this for some extra gumph direct from the Dior website:

"Dolce Vita Eau de Toilette is a spicy woody floral. The expression of happiness and joie de vivre

The top note is the first olfactory impression and the most volatile.
The heart note is the fragrance's core and lasts for several hours.
The base note lasts the longest and can be perceived in clothing for several months."

Now I have to say that Dolce Vita is probably one of my favorite Dior frags of all time ... I love the bottle and the joyful yellow box and I LOVE THE JUICE. I am, however, hard pressed to find a jacket that I wore a month ago with the lingering smell of Cedar (which is what I love most about Dolce Vita). How wonderful would that be?

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

This is not my kind of fragrance, I find it very mature and not for my age at all.. Although if I had about 50years+ I would like to own it,the bottle is very cute, the fragrance is nice, but like I said not for my age..

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

A thick vanilla floral with hints of mimosa, heliotrope, peachy fruit, and stargazer lily. It’s warm and sweet, a little powdery, and pretty in a semi-gourmand sort of way.

I enjoyed it, but for some reason it seemed a little flat, and really didn’t come up to my expectations. Sillage is moderate, and it lasts 6-8 hours. It’s a pleasant sugary-fruity-vanilla that I would wear if it were the only perfume I owned, but would not seek out.

The_Entity
The_Entity

This takes me back. I had a small bottle of this when I was 10. If you were looking for something cheaper that smells similar to this, the signature Christina Aguilera frag has similarities to Dolce Vita (the vanilla note),but not as good as Dolce Vita of course

cinemoenti
cinemoenti

★☆☆☆☆
To my nose, this fragrance - presented in one of the most beautiful flacons ever seen - is unfortunately a much too simple and much too sweet one without any secret or mystery, it's kind of "nice", but that doesn't help to make it a fragrance that really counts.

beddy
beddy

Dolce Vita est une superbe composition. chaud, miellé, épicé, je ne m'en lasse pas. J'ai toujours des compliments quand je porte ce parfum. Je le trouve plus lumineux et joyeux que féminité du bois. laisse du sillage, je peux encore le sentir à la fin de la journée.

Giselle Viz
Giselle Viz

NOT FOR ME!
This fragrance is extremely intense. It has a very strong note of cumin that is almost offensive. My husband and my kids thought it smelled like really bad body odor so I scrubbed it off right away. Im happy I tested it before purchasing it. Just my opinion.

icekat
icekat

(I haven’t had the pleasure of trying this scent back in 90s, so this review is for the reformulated version.)

Dolce Vita is a sunny, sparkly and happy scent. I love wearing it in the winter when the cold air balances nicely the sweet fruity notes. But the scent reminds me so much of a summer. It is like wearing a bright summer dress to the picnic on a sunny August day. The scent is warm, lovely and bright.

The fragrance opens with a colorful swirl of peaches, roses, and lilies spiced up with a bit of cardamom. The combination is pleasant and happy. The spicy note is definitely not overpowering but rather adds a little kick to make the composition interesting. The lily is quite noticeable right from the beginning and in the heart notes it adds a nice cool balance to the sweetness of fruits. I love apricots in the heart notes layered on woody notes with a pinch of cinnamon. The composition is complex but blended quite lovely and I think that the notes complement each other well. I get more cedar towards the dry down as the scent becomes lighter and smoother. The sillage is medium on my skin but I think it is fine in this case, as the peach and apricot could be a bit too sweet for my taste with a stronger sillage. But I do wish that the scent lasted a bit longer. I re-apply it after 4 hours.

Overall score is 8/10. I love both, peaches and apricots combined with the gorgeous woody notes in this scent. Dolce Vita has an allure of a fruity gourmand scent but it is all grown up and sophisticated. I do not find this fragrance heavy, sickly sweet or synthetic. The scent is pleasant and easy to wear. I definitely recommend it even in its reformulated version. I would love though to try the original one.

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

I was so hoping to like this. I hoped it would be a spicy oriental, smoothed out by creamy vanilla on a clean cinnamon base. Well, sometimes, even perfumers make a mistake. I made a mistake trying this.

When I spray it on my skin, my skin definitely says a big "NO" to this fragrance. Dunno why. May be chemistry.

A true rotten coconut with a little spiciness from the cinnamon and the vanilla trying desperately to apologize for the overwhelming harshness. This is all I get from Dolce Vita. Just terrible, cheap, plain, boring and nutty coconut. Ladies, please do try something better than this, because I cannot bear to see a woman holding the totally misinterpreting beautiful round bottle.

No offence to DV fans, but shame on you Dior, for creating this boring, flat, annoying scent! I had not expected anything from Dior like this. Shame on you, Dior!

adesoprano
adesoprano

Too much wood and sweetness for me. The staying power is great, too bad I was annoyed by the smell. I like the first five minutes of it, but when it settles down ... it's headache inducing.

mystica
mystica

I've bought my bottle in 2006, so I suppose it's not reformulated.
Dolce Vita is warm and spicy, like Christmas candles. Golden and red are the colors to define it. It can be quite heady if overapplied. It has a kinda chemical air freshener note to it, the Glade ones, spiced apple kinda something. It also somehow resembles Coca Cola.
Overall, a pleasant, nice and warm fragrance. To my nose, not any similarity to Shiseido's Feminite du Bois. This is rather sparkling, not deep, and not dark in any way.
I have no idea about the reformulation, but this should exist in every woman's wardrobe.

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

I get lots of pepper on the initial blast with some woodiness. But there is no pepper listed in the notes. But its sharp and dry. I don't recognize that wood as sandalwood, so it must be the rosewood. I might have to explore rosewood in other perfumes, because I like it! But the strongest initial scent is the pepper, which is something I've been searching for... the pepper! but alas, it leaves too soon... within 15 minutes on me.

There is some citrus but it does not wonk me on the head like it seems to for others. And I suppose another smell I don't recognize is possibly cardamom. But the cardamom is what I bought the sample to experience...

It dries down sweet on me, but not cloyingly sweet....and then disappears all too soon. There is a complexity that my unrefined nose can't detect single notes from.

I love the whole darn thing from start to finish EXCEPT... the finish is too soon. Maybe a little viagra would help. ;)

I have my little short spray sample from The Perfumed Court, and am trying to decide if I should spring for a big ol' bottle... if I do, I know I'll need to carry it in my purse to re-apply within a few hours. Good thing this stuff isn't too pricey.

I'm intrigued by "the old formula" as some say it lasts longer... will be trolling around ebay for some of that.

Its interesting how so many people have so many different experiences from it. Just proves its complexity. And that chemistry counts! (so get samples first folks!).

As for the "human sweat" smell... nah... its not there at ALL for me.

firsttime
firsttime

Cant stand for Top Note but Middle and base note are great! Love Apricot and Cinnamon in it and hope if Dior re-edit this grapefruit and bergamot will dissappear! coz it's too shart and stay strong!

rosecityfriend
rosecityfriend

I bought this because of the description and the mostly wonderful reviews. But I have to say that I have to agree with the reviewer who says it smells like human sweat with exotic musky fumes. Unfortunately, that's exactly what it smelled like on me too.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

The original formulation is gorgeous and one of my favourite winter scents. For me it captures the magic of Christmas Midnight Mass in a cathedral in Paris. When I wear it I am imagining myself in fabulous jewels and a wonderful (fake) mink coat. It's such a pity that current version is a pale, shallow shadow of it's former glory. Seek out the old version - mine has a top that is yellowed - that seems to be a fairly reliable indication that you are getting the good stuff.

And Dior - get your act together!!!

lizainterpres
lizainterpres

My mom had a tiny bottle of Dolce Vita Parfum when I was little. It was the most heavenly smell of my life, i remembered it for years.

This summer I came across an EDT in a discount section and bought it. It was a disappointment, really! A wet, and simple smell of apricot juice with a hint of wood, no flowers, no magic.

Later I learnt that it had been reformulated. So I am left with just a memory of the real DV. Shame on you Dior, you might have changed the name or something not to deceive people in such a cruel way(((

Anyway, I wear it sometimes and do enjoy the fragrance. I'd rate it 5/10 now.

alassouli
alassouli

This perfume is the apple of my eyes.... I am 24 years old, but I love it. I have seen reviews suggesting it for mature and older women and I totally disagree. I love the combination of vanilla, sandalwood, cardamom ... sooo yummy. It has a great lasting power with my body chemistry. It is great for fall and winter seasons. It stays on my skin even after I take a shower.
A beautiful scent. CLASSIC.

[NOV/10/2011]

vanillablossom
vanillablossom

i asked someone what she was wearing the other day and was SO surprised that is was dolce vita! on her it smelt fantastic: rich floral, deep and sophisticated... I had always thought it was too... woody/spicy or something. maybe it was her chemistry or the fact it was a few hours old. i love being surprised and rethinking opinions

2nd review

I wouldn't buy it again! It is too light and shortlasting on me...
I used about 20mls in 2-3 days by reapplying all the time.
Maybe it is my skin but i found it waste of money.

VeronicaRoy
VeronicaRoy

Am I the first person who is going to tell the truth about Dolce Vita ? It smells of human sweat masked in a heady covering of exotic musky fumes.

greek_goddes

I like Dolce Vita a lot but i can't stand the top notes. They are too citrus on my skin.
But after a while it becomes a sweet, cosy and classic scent for young women!
Not too loud not too sweet!
Perfect for autumn!
I would also like to try the pre-reformulation scent just to compare them.

emi_artist
emi_artist

For once I disagree with the slating of reformulations. Yes, Dolce Vita was great when it came out, and yes its idea was reprised by Bourdon from Feminite Du Bois, and yes, isn't it awful when perfumes are modified etc etc.

But the sweet-woody effect of the Old Dolce Vita has now become sparklier, more contemporary, like a lighter lemon meringue instead of a heavy-handed lemon cheesecake left to stand for a day on a wet wooden board. The Feminite' idea has almost gone, and, having tested both the vintage and the reformulation, in my opinion Dolce Vita is all the better for it in its new incarnation: a happier scent in times of recession, and less derivative from its creator's other projects, which is never an imaginative idea anyway.

Those who have seen my past reviews know that I am partial to a citrus scent, yet if you think Dolce Vita now smells dim, see the idea done badly in countless celebrity perfumes, and rejoice: it is still Dior, it is still a joyful, well put together classic. La Vita e' Dolce, after all.

passionata20

@ frumpyboo: you totally nailed it about the reformulation! Everything is absolutly right starting from lasting power ending with lack of the soul in a reformulaed DV. To someone who hasn´t experienced the original one it might be still very nice, but to me, as the huge fan of this amazing fragrance this was a total catastrophe! Quite literally I simply couldn´t enjoy it, while wearing it. I didn´t know why and blamed it on my changes of taste until i have found out about reformulation. Now i have managed to stock up a several bottles of original formula and even the pure perfume in 50ml size (tester) and i can really enjoy the cinnamon, the spices and warmth of DV in it´s fullest beauty.
The new one is just sticky sweet and bland. And doesn´t last like the old one (which lasted literally for several days!!!!). If you really want to experience this fragrance to the fullest and love sweet fragrances, then DO try the original formula. The minis they sell on ebay are the ones you need to look for if you´re still undecided, they are all old formula. Try first, cause it might be also too sweet (cinnamon, vanilla, peach, cocnut, heliotrope...) for someone. But this is totally me! The greatest looooove of aaaaaall.... is happening to meeeeeee (he-he, that´s Whitney Houston). One of the best winter and late autumn fragrances ever made!!! That´s when it sparkles at it fullest, during summer it might still be too heavy.

frumpyboo
frumpyboo

I thought I'd start my first review on my signature scent.

Dolce Vita, even with its new disposition is my all time favourite because it's still wearable and it's been with me since the mid 90s. My one personal disappointment with the reformulation is that it doesn't last very long and I'm usually refreshing the scent after 4 or 5 hours of wear. Noticable now is the initial bold citrus spicy blast unlike before when the fruits were softer and a little more playful. The dry-down isn't as strong as it use to be either. The woody notes don't seem to give it the depth and stamina it use to have and the florals IMO are non-existent or possibly lost in the spicy fruit accord.

By the smell of things, Dior's been stingy on the vanilla and sandalwood and heavy handed with some citrus concoction that's maybe 20% peach and 10% apricot.

I remember going out to a club back in the mid 90s feeling classy and demure yet extremely sexy when I wore DV. The next morning I could still smell subtle traces of it on my clothes over 12 hours later. Now Dolce Vita is very different.

Admittedly my chemistry and senses may have changed somewhat but if you've been an avid and devoted Dolce Vita wearer, you too would smell and feel the difference. It's like it has no soul anymore if anyone can understand that. It is unfortunate that Dolce Vita doesn't have the same potent stamina it use to have. But in saying so, it's still lovely to wear and it suits me fine. My husband, friends and family love it on me and I'm still able to pull a compliment or two out in public.

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

For me this is a more feminine version of Kenzo jungle L'elephant. Very spicy and elegant, I feel like I'm on the top of the world while wearing this.

ralucucky
ralucucky

I think it's a great fragrance for fall and winter. Too strong for summer days/nights, but perfect for October.

missymary
missymary

Did you love Dolce Vita in the 1990s, and did it make you feel like you were a prima donna being showered by big bouquets and applause and spotlights? It sort of sang "What a lady what a night!"

Then you'll be VERY disappointed with the new formulation. It's clonky and far too spicy, and it's not luminous and luscious at all. Surely that was the whole point of Dolce Vita?

I'm so glad that I have a half-full bottle of the original. I shall treasure every drop.

sofababe
sofababe

I'm lucky enough to own the old formulation, I haven't tried the new one yet.
I love it, though I don't wear it too often. Spicy and sweet, the notes look like a recipe for a rich Christmas cake, and accordingly Dolce Vita is indeed a most delicious treat.
A word of warning though, don't blind buy, its very strong and spicy.

Bad, useless re-formulation for a great scent that was both luminous and woody, but very balanced.
Now it has a fair resemblance, you may guess it's still Dolcevita after a burn-out, flat and weak without balance.

Mushana
Mushana

my greatest love....."I'm so pretty, I'm so pretty, I'm so pretty and witty and gay"........that's the kind of feeling this gorgeous fragrance evokes in me every time I wear it!

emi
emi

It is such a shame they have reformulated it. It lacks of power and it doesn't last very long now - maybe for 4-5 hours and that's it. Such a bad move, Dior.

stephan
stephan

My granny's signature scent.

Lalunia
Lalunia

When I'm wearing Dolce Vita I feel so elegant and sexy! When I close my eyes I can see Summer in Italy the sun and lovely life this is what Dolce Vita make me feel, need to buy again..

shabbus
shabbus

As I become more educated about perfumes, I find that I have to like them, but that's not a big deal, I like a lot of scents. They also have to project an image - they have to tell the sniffer something about me. Or, at least something that I want them to THINK I am.
Other reviewers are much better at picking out the fragrance notes, I am more about the impression it leaves.
Dolce Vita on me, smells like someone who's been raised with the best of everything, and knows how to tell the difference. It's what her cashmire coat smells like. It's very sophisticated and urbane, but also warm and friendly. Worn correctly (and it's easy to overdo this monster), it speaks of understated richness. Pearls and supple leather, although it smells nothing like pearls OR leather.
Wear this for your 20th high school reunion, and your friends will think that you married into old money.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is less of an oriental woody then I was expecting and I'm actually glad in this case. I wouldn't alter this one iota.
The opening is a soft cinnamon, with vanilla and a well used peach, that is never sticky or overly fruity. As this wears the vanilla gets stronger, the lovely cardamom note pops out and a hint of woods and a delicate magnolia appear, the peach blending smoothly into the somewhat deeper scent of apricot. The dry down is reminiscent to me of a thinner masala chai tea, the vanilla making it a little milky, with soft cinnamon and cardamom. This is such a beautiful fragrance. It is Cinema-esque, but much more subtle, less sweet. The name doesn't seem to suit it at all, 'Dolce Vita' is loud and exuberant and I think this fragrance is more refined than that. Truly gorgeous. And this is an example of vanilla used in the best way. Also, can't believe this isn't an EDP, the staying power is amazing. I tried this on a recommendation from another Fragrantica member and I am so thankful for their suggestion! :)

orchid_84
orchid_84

Dolce Vita is a lovely perfume of dusty sandalwood, cedar and cinnamon. It has a classic feel about it and although it has some spice, it is a smoothed-out spice rather than a loud one. A hint of dry coconut-peach sweetness, but only in the background. Sophisticated, cheery and pleasant.

Although I like it, it does have that "perfumey" smell on my skin that makes it feel a little dated and generic for my taste. I definitely think it's a high-quality scent and recommend trying it out, but personally I just don't feel strongly enough about it to invest in a bottle.

I.I
I.I

Too 'Dolce' and intense for me.
I remember when I was a student, my mother bought it for me after a trip abroad, and I found it out when I returned home at summer.

Dolce Vita is very spicy and sweet. It really fills the air, it lasts long, it is most suitable for winter IMHO.
One can't say it's not a nice or 'rich' and well blended perfume but personaly can't stand it for more than an hour.
Its spicyness reminds me a lot of Loulou.
It's quite playful but then, if one wants a playful scent, there are many much more affordable ones for everyday use (Hard Candy).

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

I can remember 15 years back, as a college girl, I couldn't afford expensive perfumes but nevertheless, I preferred to save and purchase a 5ml or 10ml mini of an exclusive designer fragrance rather than indulge in a huge 100ml bottle of a 'smell-a-like'.
My first impression after applying Dolce Vita on my wrists was awful - it smelled like a cough syrup my mum used to give me when I was a child. Consequently, I associated Dolce Vita with a child-trauma :-)
When I tried it 15 years later, no nasty memories came back, my heart started to melt when, against myself, I repurchased a huge 100ml Dolce Vita bottle.
At present - Dolce Vita, to me, is an excellent woody fragrance that feels cozy, enveloping, warming and soothing.
(I consider it a sister to Voile D'Ambre by Yves Rocher)
I cannot imagine icy, crispy winter season without it and if it's ever discontinued, I'd rather become a grizzly bear hibernating throughout winter than wake up on a dark, snowy morning without my life saver bottle of Dolce Vita which always helps me make it through the winter...

ladygya86
ladygya86

Definitely the best from Christian Dior!Elegant,unique and long lasting perfume.It was a birthday present from my husband.Reminds me about autumn days.

viol
viol

How I love this parfume. I feel very nostalgic about it. Some day I'll buy it,if it's not discontinued

Cams
Cams

Stunning and feminine! And it lasts forever.

kosmoskukka

Smiling to Lingonberry. I wonder if scent can ever, truely ever be "old". For me scents are timeless without "age". This was one I used when I was 19 year old, and never thought this to be "old". This is complicated maby, and multifaced. But these are things in scent what makes it unique, out of main stream. Dolce Vita is rich, comforting, sweet, very alluring. If You want something different, something that You will not get sniffed from others walking by... then choose Dolce Vita. Unique persons needs unique scents. ***<3<3<3***

Lingonberry
Lingonberry

Spritzy, bubbly, fizzy. Initial millisecond long whiff of citruses and then...let me tell you, this is the worst granny scent ever! What the h-l, it smells old. This was a blind buy on sale. I was so disappointed that we did'nt get along when I tried it the first time, I wanted to like it but I had to scrub it off.
BUT I've had to revise my beliefs not once but many times (of course only regarding fragrances ;-), hm... ).

I wanted to try again and see if I could wear it. Freshly showered, spraying and sniffing it in intervals... eyes closed while sniffing...just recording the smell, trying to not be judgemental...
I am pleased to say that I now have a scent that smells ... fizzy old. It really is very airy, very light and I get how it would be described as sparkling. To me, it still smells old, very sweet and powdery. I don't mind sweetness or powderiness but maybe the two together in this scent don't work for me as they work for others.

After managing this smell for an hour or so, probably halfway into hearnotes, a peppery apricot greets me and introduces me to its friends the wood and the vanilla (and something else that I can't distinguish). The woodiness is the last thing that remains on my skin an in all its warmth and comfort, this is loveable! Unexpected, but it makes me wanna keep my bottle and start wearing this more (not sure if sure I can endure the start of this perfume). It is certainly more multifaceted than other light daytime choices.

The longevity for 5-6 spritzes in total is well more than 12 hours.
I can't comment on sillage since the amount I sprayed would not do the perfume justice in this point.

(I would have liked some more cinnamon. Maybe I'll sniff the Boudoir as last reviewer mentioned.)

Edit for Kosmoskukka: Well... There is the good old and the not so good old. Old= time. Scents are so subjective and revoke feelings as well as memories so, all in all, old is the way I interpret and describe the first hour of this scent :). For me it's the not so good old. Chanel no 5 or L'heure bleue, I would interpret as the good old. Timeless.

cocobella
cocobella

in my opinion at the beginning it is very citrusy, but also kind of sweet. it reminds me somehow on summer and icecream (not a creamy one, but a juicy one). the lasting power is really really good and the longer it stays on my skin, the more i get the vanilla note.to me its very unique. i think that can become a really lasting love :)

ION
ION

On the right skin this perfume is irresistible!
When a woman wears it and passes by, I feel I have no other option but to follow her, a playful combination of charm and sexuality so audaciously expressed.
Not all men are mesmerised equally by this perfume but it should be considered one of the strongest elements in a woman's armoury.
It has similarities to this other perfume from Shiseido
which, while less sparkling and noisy, it has a far more appropriate name than "Dolce Vita".
For this kind of smell, "Dolce Vita" sounds terribly innocent I'm afraid!

daliflora
daliflora

very very sweet & overpowering, almost unbearable for me...

tonni
tonni

Cinnamon,Sweet cinnamon,Very sweet cinnamon!

Fizzy
Fizzy

Very rich, also sweet and chic fragrance, opulent in the french way. Its for the night.
My boyfried give it to my like a present and another guy was wondering, oh gosh, you smell heavenly. It was 10 year ago, when I studied on the University.
Then I did not use it, because my signatur fragrance is Champs Elysée.
When I nowadays walked into the parfumery store and trayed something from Cartier, it smelled the same way, only lighter and more airy and watery. I remebered this beautiful fragrance, which Dolce Vita is and both this again.

I use it often, when I can not get sleep. After spraying I fall into the sleep in a half hour and can sleep very well. That´s strange. Even better fragrance for sleep for me than lavadel and thymus mix.

Kione
Kione

Smells like drinking alcohol to me. When I wore it I kept thinking I smelt like if I had been drnkin rum and coke or something like that :o/

Blada
Blada

the name of these perfumes says for itself - it's sweet, lively and elegant - as it's bottle. it's too strong for a day, but perfect for the night - not only winter but other as well.

sofiii
sofiii

The Dolce Vita in my memory is an utterly beautiful, luxury sweet homely perfume; it’s one of the few perfumes contributes to my really early olfactory memories of fumes. After I got my hands on a bottle, I find it smells slightly different to what I smelled about 10 years ago. Not sure if it’s reformulated, but the new one I’ve recently got smells rather thin, and not having much backbone, yet still nice enough.

Dolce Vita(I presume it’s a reformulated version) starts quite thin, sweet, echo-y and even juicy to my nose with a really discreet banana undertone mixed with quasi-cinnamon spiceness. Soon after it transformed in to the typical Dolce Vita I remembered since I was little: it is sweet, kinda dry, like dry wood without the woodiness, and sweet. It’s the kind of sweetness that doesn’t give me a headache (as appose to the Britney Fantasy type of real puch-you-on-the-head sweetness, no offense, I wear Fantasy sometimes), Dolce Vita sweetness grows in a spicy plum-flavoured hard candy manner, unless you get your nose really close and keep on inhaling, the sweetness wouldn’t punch you, instead it dances in the air like a trace of delicate, yet strong smoke, you may now and then get a bit.

The dry down is spicier, woodier, dry-sweeter and more powderised in a vanilla smooth way than before, somehow it’s rather linear to me. It is lovely, quite classic in a warm and welcoming way.As a perfume by it self, I like it.

Many mentioned Dolce Vita is similar to Shiseido Feminite du Bois, I find them only similar in the outside sweetness and the initial impression; personally I find Feminite du Bois is a much refined and better one because of it’s more elegantly done woody-spicy-sweet feel(think about old Hollywood glamour), while despite that I like Dolce Vita, the Dolce Vita I can get nowadays somehow is totally dwarfed by the presence of Feminite du Bois, as it feels thin and made up (which makes me constantly thinking about beautiful bombshells with a lot of make up on, and possibly some cosmetical surgery touch, and somewhat talk kinda ‘blonde’, sorry I cannot think about any other metaphor at this stage, hope I don’t offend anyone, and I like Dolce Vita tho).

possumke
possumke

I had this a long time ago, but my memory of it is still very vivid. Now that I am a bit more familiar with notes, I would say that the grapefruit is the strongest note out of the gates... then it is quickly softened by the cinnamon and vanilla. The dry-down is slightly sweet and woody. A very nice feminine scent, it stands out alone. I can't quite think of another fragrance that is similar. It is not an overpowering scent, sillage is close, and the lasting power is great.

Mandana
Mandana

Dolce Vita is not particularly sweet IMO, it is a bright and scintillating perfume, the opening notes suddenly burst out like thousands of silver stars which sparkle brightly in the midnight blue sky before they fade slightly and begin to settle into a fragrant "white" veil around me. They still continue to sparkle and dance like bubbles in a glass of champagne. Each note somehow "explodes" before developing to the max and then harmonizing briefly with the next note. I then get a drydown (which lasts for ages) of a peppery slightly sweet scent like grapefruit fusing with woodsy/spicy notes, sprinkled lightly with something faintly floral. This perfume is lovely, perfect for summer days and garden parties, even though it does make me sneeze LOL. The sillage is great, the notes never really "settle down", they jump around instead like playful puppies LOL and continue to follow me with a silvery peppery slightly fruity trail.... Certainly different, Dior!

ujhb
ujhb

I bought this for the brand back in the day... it's not the greatest scent. Considering the notes: coconut, cinamon etc.. none of the notes come through, this perfume smells old, musky, sweet wood with florals... I'm not sure what note makes this smell toxic, like acetone, it stays even after the dry-down.

This perfume has a nice name. It was given to me years back as a present several times. Back then I didn't know much about perfumes and used it for a while although I didn't think the scent was nice. I was in my early 20s and the scent felt like it was for women over 50 :) Today (still not over 50) I still don't like that scent. I can't recommend it. I just remember it was too strong, too sharp and I wasn't comfortable with the notes at all.

Nikka Miró
Nikka Miró

Delicious! A fragrance, but not casual ... This is the joy of hearing a good sax solo, a woman flung open laughter is what comes to mind when I feel this perfume. Notes of peaches are still green, with a cica comes to paly, soon to be sweetened by the sweet / sour of a fresh apricot in elvonto a bouquet of flowers for a happy spring. Perfume happy!

Suheylah
Suheylah

Very rich and chic fragrance

Louw
Louw

Dolce Vita is one of my small core of 'old faithfuls' - the perfumes I've loved constantly for years and return to again and again.

To me it's rich, warm and peppery and that's what I love about it - the peppery edge makes it distinct and takes the edge of the floral notes. It's great for evening use as it's very enticing and sexy, but not in an overbearing way. Having said that, I often wear it during the day too especially in Winter when I find it warming and somehow comforting.

Always makes me feel good, this one. Lifts my mood if I'm down and gives me a boost!

I really hope they haven't reformulated it. I'll make my current bottle last as long as possible, just in case!

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

Mysterious, with some spices and the duo peach/apricot makes it really unusual, sensual and shiny. Strange and lovely fragrance, it's like you're having a fruity tea in a spice market. Very good sillage/longevity.

suile
suile

Nostalgia fragrance for me. Too strong for my tastes at the moment, it's very "vibrant". I wonder how we all survived on the London/New York underground when fragrances like this were in vogue. But it conjures up an era to many people. I loved the shower gels in these Dior fragrances more than the actual fragrances themselves, the strength of the perfume was somewhat modified !

pmcclure
pmcclure

I have it. It smelled good on me in humid Chicago (where we were visiting), but disappeared within an hour in drier Northern California (where I live).

It's a lovely scent, but there just isn't enough base. So when the top notes wear off (which they do on me quickly), there's just nothing left.

I'm reduced to spraying my sheets with it.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Some reviewers have noted that this is a classic-smelling scent, suitable for "mature" and "over 50" (I'm not going to use that other phrase). Well I am mature and over 50 and I would not touch it with a barge pole, so I'm tossing it right back to you girls, thanks anyway. Cloying, strong, sweet and too many clashing notes.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

a bowl of warm milky rice pudding with cinnamon!
this is pure comfort and cosiness for me

Siv55
Siv55

Great name. Sadly sweetly dull and not nearly alive enough. Bland. The bottle reminds me of diseased tonsils. I had a mini bottle of this. I used it and realised I just wanted to use it up quick and move along to something better so I sprinkled it on the carpet like room freshener and threw the bottle away.

kiton
kiton

Reminds me of my time in Europe. I was in-love and living a pretty amazing lifestyle. Surely all things come to an end, however those nice memories last with this scent.

Angel10
Angel10

I wore this 10 years ago, and loved it!
Bought it again, and didn't quite feel the same way, so I gave it away.
Maybe I just wore it too much, as I couldn't get enough of it back then.
Still a definite like, but no longer a LOVE.

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

Smells like spicy angels - if that make any sense
But seriously, that's the picture I get, smelling this.
Very very classy

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I tested this one today, expecting a horrible mess because of the infamous reformulation (This is my first ever testing of Dolce Vita so I have no prior expectations). I must say, I nearly laughed out loud on spraying it - this stuff is probably the most frivolous, joyful and golden scent I have ever come across!! It is totally unlike anything else that I own and it is absolutely uplifting without being a citrus fragrance, and sweet but still interesting enough not to be 'dumb'. I really like it and will be searching some out in the future for my collection for days when I want the sun to shine!!

adrienn99
adrienn99

this one i would classify as fruity wood, very nice articulated cedar note.

A member once said this gorgeous perfume is like Coca Cola and indeed that was the smell I used to think of, but couldn't get it right in the guessing. These days, any day I put it on, I smell Coke right away!!
LOVELY!
And I love Coca Cola!

scentiment
scentiment

For the longest time this was my signature scent. It went so well with my image. Soft, sophisticated, absolutely classic feminine, and longlasting. The bottles I've smelled lately don't do it for me. I guess it's because of the reformulation. What a pity... Dolce Vita just isn't the same... I'd love to get my hands on an old bottle.

malia
malia

I used to wear it 9 years ago and God, i loved it!! Dolce Vita... the name only already put me in a happy mood ;-) People would always ask me: mmmm, you smell just delicious! What is it???
Thanks for your information about the changed formula. I was about to buy a new bottle of Dolce Vita, but i will check it first!

Katrusya31
Katrusya31

it is really sweet, warm, feminin perfume, nice bottle also...perfect parfum.

Fragrancestien is right!
I will also not buy anymore of the reformulated Dolce Vita! I have now the original formula and the reformulated one! OH MY GOD!!! They totally ruined this amazing and wonderfull fragrance! HOW COULD THEY??? It is nothing now compared to the original formula. Even my sister who is not a perfume specialist told that they smell completly different now and she would never buy the new one.
It used to be soooo comforting and warm oriental woody sweet scent, but now it is cold and faceless sticky sweet soda pop!
How i pitty all others who didn´t had a chance to try the original one, becuase most of you won´t understand the magic of this one.I feel really blessed being able to experience one of the best perfumes ever made in it´s original form.

jolielady
jolielady

When I first tried this perfume I was a perfume virgin and it was just pure passion. It still is. I can't imagine a a more glamorous and beautiful fragrance. I hope that they never never discontinue it. This is Dior's Chanel No.5.

I can't recall how many times I've received compliments on it, more even than on Angel.

The exotic medley of florality and fruitness at the opening is amazing and it's the best part on me, so I respray little and often. It would be great if there was a purse-size bottle. With those divine little dimples!

fragrancestien

i have another review here 4 dolce vita BUT it was for the big CHANGE 2 the fragrance i will never buy it again:( and it used 2 be one of my very favorite's--go find my other review & you will understand! . . . . but it has been hit with a recking ball and cheapend & dulled down i have been in mourning litteraly

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

real glamour! it opens fruity and fresh with sunriped peach aroma, a creamy intense rose smell and a slight citric burst. the heart evokes with delicious sweet apricot and delicate powdery petals of magnolia and lily, in the background waves the Dior 'signature' rosewood - this typical smooth woodsy accord which i know very well from poison and others from Dior, making them all unique and distinctive as a Dior scent, added with a hint of spicy cinnamon, softened with heliotrope. the floral-fruity stage last a good while and blends well downwards to a base of earthy intense sandalwood-cedar aroma with just some hints of exotic coconut-vanilla trails... mmmhmmm!

unbelievable that this perfume is made in the early 90's! smells very sophisticated and modern.

Dior was always and keeps being avantguardist in perfumes and fashion!

longlastig and great silage... bottle stunning and very luxe!!!! dolvce vita indeed!

Chanelette
Chanelette

I can't think of any other fragrance with a name so appropriate! When I spray it on and close my eyes it's not difficult at all to imagine myself as a woman living a "sweet life": I see myself walking down a wide sunlit boulevard in Roma. The air is filled with gently sweet smell of peach blossoms. I'm wearing a simple but luxurious coctail dress in pale yellow and exquisite yellow gold earrings. Oh, and of course, I'm carrying a small beige Dior handbag with golden details...
I open my eyes and all the glamour is gone - I'm still wearing my jeans and sitting in my office - I would not call that a sweet life :-) But when I start sniffing again...the light woodsy vanilla with a touch of juicy peach takes me back to paradise instantly!

DriHonne
DriHonne

I tried this perfume long time ago and after a nice opening all I could feel was clove notes although it is not in the pyramid notes. It was not pleasant at all. But now I am planning to try it again. It is in my `I want` list for trying later on.

NNN
NNN

My mom wears this one and loves it.
I love the top notes, fresh and plesant.
Then the perfume gets more spicy and sweet.
After some minutes, it gets even sweeter, and my headache begins... Which is really sad, since I really like this fragrance, even though I'm not fond of sweet fragrances.
Well, I can't wear Dolce Vita, but I really can see a sophisticated lady, walking trough Champ-Élysées or any other classy avenue, enjoying her dolce vita.

gatsby

my mum fav of all time. Love the smell and the personality ... One of the best DIOR ever made. :x But the new version is worst than the original, so bad...

LaPetite
LaPetite

I have discovered this one on a magazine ad , when it was launched , i immediately loved it , but i thought, "when i grow up" , despite it's not that strong, it's more for women nearly 25 and up .
It's a very "happy" perfume , for a loving and smiling woman , the scent is warm and floral (i hardly find any fruit in that) ans the little moon bottle is so lovely .

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I sampled it last night for the first and I might be in the minority here but I didn't like it at all. This is supposed to be an oriental woody but to me it wasn't oriental enough, woodsy enough or sweet enough. On my skin smelled very green. I also find that this is more for mature women 45 and up. It's really high quality as when I sprayed the oils made the skin of my dry hand very shiny. Perhaps I'm missing something and need to retry but based on this first impression I will have to pass on this one!

My all time favorite!
The bottle, the ad, the name of perfume and the scent of course!!! Everything is perfect!!!
Scent of true happinies, very rich and playful!
Very warm scent that will make you feel like a true Diva!
BUT!!! IT IS NOT THE SAME AFTER THEY REFORMULATED IT!!!!
It used to be continiuous and much more richer and developing, but now it´s like a spit in your face! And now it doesn´t last at all! Previously you sprayed once and the next day you will still smell it, or if it would be on your clothes then it would last for days! but not anymore :(

krishka
krishka

love this scent, it is complex,rich, with lots of layers,exudes warmth and elegancy, lasts and changes throught the whole day! Classic!

Saintkitty
Saintkitty

I can say without doubt, it's a masterpice! Dolce Vita is priceless! I'm in love with this rich, sensitive fragrance. Pure perfection of Dolce Vita makes me feel like a movie star on the red carpet, like queen or godess. I use it only for special occations.
Dolce Vita covers me with the warmth of peach, cinnamon, vanilla and coconut (notes I smell very clear). This perfume keeps my elegance like an expencive cashmere coat.
The bottle is also gorgeous, it looks like a little golden jewel.
But I must confess, that lasting power is not great (about two or three hours). Anyway at present Dolce Vita is my favorite fragrance (and it has good chances to become my signature scent in the future).
With help of Dolce Vita I started take an interest in Oriental Woody group.

Aigner_Again
Aigner_Again

I can't believe somebody below said they've worn Dolce Vita in their early teens! Like champagne is for adults, Dolce Vita is for an elegant lady!

lilou
lilou

I liked it but it is too classic for me. Not enough modern. It's sweet but it's better for mature women. Good lasting.

Parfumanka
Parfumanka

Love it! It was my very first perfume which I bought at the age of 14 :) At first I saw its advertisement in ELLE magazine in 1996 and fell in love with the name and the bottle. Then, when I tried it I became really obsessed about it. And I love it up to now, it's one of my favourites. It's difficult for me to describe the scent, but all I know it's just absolutely gourgeous and amazing - my forever love :)

Smell
Smell

i got 3 bottles of this one , it's a timeless perfume .
spicy and remind me of my good memory.

Renia
Renia

i have this one. although i like it, it is so heavy and warm. can only use it in winters. otherwise it cause bad headache

Endymion
Endymion

Isn't Dior's Dolce Vita is the counterpart of YSL's Champagne (Yvresse)?

Both supposed to be a joyful, sparkling, glamouros, lust for life parfum.

Eleiria
Eleiria

There's no other perfume that deserves its name better than Dolce Vita. Sweet fruity notes never really disappear and it has a very good sillage; the first time I ever smelled this was after a lady just passed by me when I was waiting at the bus station. Then of course I asked her what was her perfume, it was sooo sweet that got me instantly. At first spray it feels a bit heavy and granma-ish, yes, but in a short while it catches its real tune. Luckily I don't smell any coconut in there. In short, Dolce Vita is really lovely and classy. Higly wearable. Both thumbs up!

shimoarika
shimoarika

Still 1 of my favs ever. Glamourous, deep, floral, hot, and a beautiful bottle.

maru8862
maru8862

Sunny peaches on a terrace overlooking the Italian shores. This one smells of holiday. I'll have it over Escada any day of the week.

Rouu
Rouu

Imagine a bouquet of Honeysuckle, Freesias, Jasmine and peaches mixed together and you may have an idea of how this smells. It also has a subtle waft of spices mixed in and it seems very well blended to produce the perfect fragrance.

Don’t think this is anything like old ladies perfumes that smell strongly of Lily of the valley or Roses
DOLCE VITA has a lovely flowery scent to it. Made to turn heads any where it is suitable for both day and night wear, as the scent is not overpowering or sickly.
Dolce Vita opens up very sweet due to its fruit and spice top notes. When the aroma of Dolce Vita dies down lefts with a pleasant vanilla aroma mixed with the sandalwood that gives a masculine edge to it.appropriated for anytime casual use.

kylexora
kylexora

Dolce Vita... The name and the bottle in a mag ad has already grab my attention. I kinda know this would be quite a strong smell, and I'm right. The perfume smell heady and strong, almost masculine. But the vanilla and coconut notes able to control the smell. I don't really get the fruit notes here - but I do got citrus notes, floral and woodsy notes. After few minutes, it become so pleasant.
The perfume start with burst of citrus and woody notes, then followed by floral and the vanilla + coconut combination start to be the base notes. You might hate it in first 15 minutes, but it totally memorable scent. I bought it just after that because I can't stop sniffing my hand. Warm, comfy and so classy.
Strangely, my bf like it to and he wears it to work and nobody notice he wearing mine. But he fail to get compliments. But I do - from my friend and few strangers. The sillage is great, longevity is superb for a bottle of EDT. I can't believe it last more than 8 hours... Worth every cent that I paid for..

milkyway
milkyway

it's very chypre-esque in the beginning but don't be fooled. in half an hour it develops into a tasty sweet dry woody smell..and even though it is quite heavy i agree with many who said it smelled better in the summer..i think this is one of the summer nights perfumes that will remind you of the last hot days thruought the year..

Mariame
Mariame

I use Dolce Vita for many years.
It's long lasting warm and woody.I like Dior's perfumes and this is one of my classics best.Yes, it's glamorous and elegant.I love Dior.

ananda

God, is it true that this was reformulated? I always loved Dolce Vita, since I was like 11 years old, and I owned 3 bottles of it to the present date. My birthday this year I decided to buy me a new bottle, since mine had gone bad. When I tried it on, it smelled terrible, just like the gone bad... Now I bought a new sample of Dolce Vita and it smells bad too! Is it possible that it's because they changed the formula? How could body chemistry change a perfume so much?...

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Folks, this here is one strong, dry, sweet, long-lasting perfume.

I devoted an entire arm (as opposed to just a wrist, or inside elbow, etc.) to test this, so it wouldn't "mingle" with any other scent. And it's not fair! I really wanted to love it. I wanted to experience what everyone else does when they wear this.

On me it's an overpowering combination of too-sweet vanilla bean with powdery roses. That's pretty much it. Maybe those are the notes that are intended to predominate, but I'm just not liking them? I LOVE citruses, peach and cedar, (which are listed as notes), but....nothing. Not a blessed other thing do I smell but vanilla and dusty rose.

Update: Much later. Bad limerick:

Hello there, my name is Chris
My "aroma" is sure hard to miss
Nothing's stronga or sweeta
Than La Dolce Vita
I don't think I'll ever buy this!

Blue Valentine
Blue Valentine

I like to wear it in August because DV smells like a sunny, hot afternoon of an overriped summer which is just about to fade away. There is something greedy about this scent and there is a trace of nostalgia in it too - as is the atmosphere of the last days of summer when mortals enjoy their time in a most gourmand way minding it's just about to be over. Decadent but joyfull, it unites melancholic serenity with zest for life. Creamy sweetness of vanilla is predominant - fruits and spices are melting in its warmth.

Definitely, Dolce Vita is one of the very few perfumes of my life.

judeaqua
judeaqua

I went from like to love with this fume... It smells how a fragrance should. Not gourmand at all.. and its unique, sweet, woody, some cinnamon, but what class !! A class that's rare to find. Love it. It neither over-powering nor headache inducing and definitely not boring !! You'll love it especially if u're a well-dressed (stylish) regular Church goer, strangely i feel so... dunno why :-? :)

Lady Love
Lady Love

I put on my skin dolce vita and i feel very elegant.

This fragrance is soft-warm and creamy, the kind of smell i will use in a beautiful sunny day, but I think it would be also very suitable for night.

Dolce vita is the kind of perfume that makes you feel glamorous, without being very vain.

Don't be alarmed, the presence of sandalwood, rosewood and cedar are very week, prominent notes are Peach, coconut, vanilla, cinnamon and a tender and creamy citrus side.

If Doce vita would be released today, i think it would have a great success, so i don't smell the old lady thing.

Very good fixation for a eau de toilette..

blueberry
blueberry

I have a problem with this fragrance. The smell is really nice, but since perfumes are about sensations and emotions, I have only negative ones for Dolce Vita. Somebody whom I really cannot stand as a person wears it, its her signature scent actually, and I simply have too bad connotations whenever I smell it. It's a pity, because the perfume is really good-with its distinct cinnamon and cedar notes, and I'm sure I would have worn it myself, but I just cannot make myself into it for some unreasonable personal reasons. Sorry :(

Passionflower
Passionflower

Very, very nice EDT!! I'll try it a bit longer, but so far it smells classic, feminine and elegant. Could become one of my favourites, but I'm not deciding yet...

andrevarx
andrevarx

An EDT with a fine aroma and sweet, perfect for a formal meeting or special events. Sultry and sensual.

karolla28

Immortal for me. I had it first time 10 years ago and today I love it like before. Classic, sparkling like champagne, makes me feel happy. My Dolce Vita!

Girlie_Girl
Girlie_Girl

I got this today and it is a truly stunning perfume. I'd recommend it to anyone whatever their age.
It is really classy and elegant,it would make a great signature scent.

Aur-ha-kadosh
Aur-ha-kadosh

this is really a chef d'oeuvre of perfumery !!

one of my favourite scents , and one of the most important of the passed century ! and the comming ! cause it is forever magical perfume, it reminds me of so much souvenirs !!

J'adore... Dior !

orchidlover
orchidlover

I discovered that this perfume is a masterpiece and I feel lucky to have it again. Very feminine, warm, lovely scent. I couldn't live without it.

camillia
camillia

I bought a bottle of DV at an airport shop untested. I was this reckless, because I simply Loved the look of the flacon and the concept of the fragrance: it had this air of chic, young, mediterranean woman-of-leisure about it.
However when I applied the fragrance later back home, I found the scent overwhelmingly sweet. Too much of vanilla in there, luscious, all-invasive, choking me in a warm embrace. It oozed from my skin from the first to the last moment of sillage.
Oddly, this scent is unbearable to me. Because of the abundance of vanilla (and maybe coconut)in it, I can not appreciate the otherwise happy, bubbling, licoricy spiciness, or the intense woodsiness.

Belle de la nuit
Belle de la nuit

I must confess how ardently I love and admire Dolce Vita. It is pure silk, a butterfly in Winter, an optimistic, laughing, joyous scent, reminding you that life has it beauties amongst its complexities.
It is a perfect balance of notes. Sparkling like the bottle. It is sweet but never cloying. Luxurious. I mean to convey the feeling this fragrance gives me as the notes speak for themselves, magnolia, coconut, lily, peaches, vanilla...they are all there but this is magic, pure magic! If perfumes were lovers, Dolce Vita would be the one for whom I would forsake all others to live contentedly in his embrace...the one who makes me smile in an unexpected Autumn shower, making me forget that that I have forgotten my umbrella because, when you really think about it, there is something exhilarating and liberating about dancing in the rain...inspirational, unforgettable perfume, the fairy dust of dreams.

melia
melia

I liked it, and I almost was prepared to buy it. But I thought: first a day trying! So I sprayed it all over my scarf and myself, and went out of the shop. Then, the next few hours, I was constantly smelling the perfume, which was kind of annoying. There is a saying that a perfume is 'yours' if you don't smell it yourself while wearing it, but others do. Then it's perfect. Helas, this wasn't the case for me and dolce vita. I still like the fragrance, but I know smelling it the whole time (untill it fades) will irritate me and I will soon get sick of it. So try before you buy!

hollycat

Whoopsie! I was looking at the notes and to my shocker, No honey notes. Hmmmmm must be the coconut then.

hollycat

I think the crayon smell that some people are refering to could be due to the overwelming honey note. This honey note dominates the whole composition on me and makes it smell very synthetic. I get no woods in this. Just honey and spices. Not for me.

teedee
teedee

dolce vita starts with lively fresh notes which i could imagine will make my life a dolce vita. my hopes remains high, until the top notes all but gone and the middle and base start to show.

it somehow turns to strange mix. on my skin it was like wet woods with plastic synthetic notes. i think it might be the coconut. almost all perfume with coconut note will turn funny on me...

it is very unfortunate that my skin chemistry doesnt agree with this classic...

do try it on your skin and wait for at least 2-3 hours before you decided to buy!

poison
poison

hahah, until now I never thought, that this could smell like crayons...But you might be right, cause since it has been reformulated, every interpretation can be true... It is a shame that scents that, once were true masterpieces, have been changed and lost their identity...

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I tried this a little while ago & I swore I could smell crayons. Nah, couldn't be. I tried it again today and yes! Crayons!

It is indeed a warm, woody scent but so is the smell of pre-school. Not for me I am afraid even though I love the bottle and if I could just get past those crayons it would be delightful...

Flor de luna
Flor de luna

Hace pocos dias que probe este delicioso perfume. Me llevé una gran sorpresa al olerlo. Rico, riquissimo. Es el proximo perfume que compraré.

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

Hmm this is very interesting indeed, i smell a sweetness with cedar and slight cinnamon. To me it shares a similar note that I smell in Boudoir but I can't place my finger on it. This one will have to grow on me a bit. I will keep smelling it as its on me longer too.

fragrancestien

one of my all time favs i remember being in the mall bought a red corderoy jumper got my hair washed and styled and got a free sample with my purchase put it on and went back the next day and bought a bottle and its been a love story every since it was 1994 and i was around 19 the end of summer perfect time to wear this scent just before the leaves fall but the weathers cooled down considerably late summer early fall the spicy scent is romantic and unusual in a good way ! maybe unique is a better word pretty bottle also

Persian Belle
Persian Belle

I first received this perfume as a birthday gift when it was new in the market. I remember that I found it to be a strange scent at first... kind of inouie to many people, but then it was an acquired taste... I got many compliments, and since it's unique, it became my signature scent for quite a few years. It's very distinctive and if you have smelled it once, you will most probably recognized it again!
p.s. This is the ONLY perfume that I can NEVER give me a headache!

mocha43
mocha43

In my top 5 favorite perfumes. The combination of cedar, sandelwood and florals makes this a very complex,and wonderful scent.

perfumepromosince16
perfumepromosince16

I've had this several times and all is okay in my world if this one is around. Another of my all time faves. Makes me so so so happy.

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

The strong scent and taste I know. Strong without being flippant. Extremely elegant, for strong and determined women.
The smell of spices is incredible, spicy blend of clove, pepper, incense. Madness!
I love this perfume!!!

bamboowu
bamboowu

This one for me is really lovely, Dior has impressed me yet again with this fragrance. I really am loving my Dior perfumes very much. They are just wonderful and last and last, which I love.

I see myself wearing this more in the summer months, although I feel you could wear this one anytime, and for any occasion. Office or casual, I think it would suit any age group as well. It is a wonderful woody/fruity floral. I just can't see this fragrance offending anyone.

The notes most detectable to my nose are the lily, rose, the subtle sweetness of peach, cedar, sandalwood, and a beautiful vanilla.

I really like it, and as Sherapop said in her review below - it too very much reminds me of the scent of a sauna.

Absolutely a keeper, and definately one I would buy again. Lasting power is great on me, about 8 hours, and so is the sillage.

Totally happy with this one, and the bottle is just a beauty! Very glamourous.

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

How Sweet It Is!!!

Oh, what a beautiful fragrance. So sensual, so exquisite, it has everything I could ever want in a perfume. Sweet, spicy, mixed with fruits and some florals, it's pure heaven to my nose. The lasting strength in this perfume is excellent, lasting all day with just 2 sprays. I recently re-purchased this one, and it's one I know I can never get tired of. I am always comparing other fragrances to this one, and most fail miserabley.
Suitable for 20-somethings all the way to 80-somethings. A scent you can most definitely have forever in your wardrobe. What more can a girl ask for in a perfume?

guest_Pia
guest_Pia

There is nothing in this fragrance. As Confusing as dog poo. Its simply over priced. Smells like a watery gravy with spices and apricot. Easily forgettable, smells like nothing and too unidentifiable. Beautiful bottle but won't pay that much for it.

Breeze
Breeze

Dolce vita is a perfume for exuberant women who likes flashes and all attention on her...I don't like sweet perfumes I prefer citric fragrances, but is not a bad smell just dont match with me.

ananda

I'm bummed. Just found out my bottle of Dolce Vita has gone bad. This perfume defines sophistication, sensuality and joie de vivre for me. It's still very feminine, with a little gourmand vibe that I love!
Oh, well... Hope I can get another bottle soon!

pearl007
pearl007

The smells really "sophisticated". Not to say its bad, just not my type. I prefer simple notes on fragrance.

Sassee
Sassee

I find this such a sophisticated scent. I could never tire of it.

vincy_gal

Very surprised by this scent! I was expecting a heavy 'old school' kinda smell, and found it rather soft and sensuous. I don't wear woody frags, but if I had to choose one, this would be it.

DOLCE VITA is a very warm, woody scent which completely contradicts not only the bottle covered with concave dots--which makes it seem as though it must be filled with effervescent champagne--but also the name, which unavoidably alludes to Federico Fellini's eponymous film about decadence. Added to that, the advertising images have nothing to do with what this fragrance is all about.

Stern, sober, clean wood. The kind of wood that you smell best inside a sauna because of the heat. The cedar, sandalwood, and rosewood really dominate here, making me feel as though I'm sitting in a log cabin in front of a fire. Or inside a sauna!

Some will find the cedar a bit overwhelming--it even seems at times as strong as a cedar shavings put in a closet to fend off moths! But if you like that clean cedar, rosewood, sandalwood smell, a different sort of clean--neither like the "blue" fragrances nor the soapy ones--you might like DOLCE VITA, for a change. It may even warm the cockles of your heart on a cold winter night.

Nicole79
Nicole79

What can i say about Dolce Vita ! Definitely a very intresting perfume.

Sweet but not so sweet. Dry... I feel it woody and spicy ! the dry down is very powdery, "dusty "...and...gives me the impression of Old, an " rotten" smell...?!?...Vintage *

It is not a fragrance for every day -casual- summer !!!
This is heavy staff !
... very nice fragrance,luxurious, for fall -winter, evening weare!
The sillage is great, also the staying power.:)

Adiro
Adiro

I have to say I adore this perfume. To me it smells luxurious, warm, luminous and spicy. Unique.

Out of all the listed notes, my skin puts in evidence mostly the lily, the sandalwood, and the spices, especially cinnamon. The result is an enchanting trail of something like gold dust would smell, if gold had a smell. If I didn't have so many perfumes, this one could be my signature, I love it so much.

It's a very special perfume, I have not smelled anything similar. it is for a refined and classy free spirit, elegant and flirty woman.

It is very well received by the male parties, who seem to find it very attractive. It is best worn in cooler summer nights or in the cold season, when it warms up and becomes the fragrant hope for the better days to come.

LindyLou
LindyLou

I was in love with this perfume for years as a child before I recieved it as a (requested) gift as an adult. This is my 'sophistiated' perfume. I wear it in cooler weather generally. It's sweet but has a lot of complexity. It initially smells like the ripest summer peach mixed with some heady summery florals, it's enchanting. There is no phase the fragrance goes through that I don't enjoy. I use it sparingly and never in very hot weather because it can make me feel sickly if i'm overenthusiastic. I tend to use it on the wrists or forearms The bottle is the prettiest I own. I have the edt.

Let's start by saying that this is a rather unique fragrance. It has a certain powdery and musky quality which could take you either side of the fence. Love it or hate it you can't deny that this is a very intriguing scent.

Sweet it definitely is, however this isn't synthetic or sugary sweet, it's more accustomed to being powdery sweet, almost a sunny and warming scent.

Peach seems to be the most dominant note to my nose. Subtle hints of rose, lily, apricot, coconut, vanilla and woodsy notes make up a majority of the fragrance. In a way Dolce Vita can be interpreted as a tropical scent, being slightly beachy.

Unfortunately this fragrance disturbs me. I'll blame it on the musky vanilla which makes me think of dark and damp cellars and second hand dress stores.

Overall, the lasting strength and sillage are equally good. Distinctive and generally well received, Dolce Vita may not appeal to me but I'm sure others will enjoy.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Dolce Vita is perfume were you can from the name guess what to expect inside the bottle (by the way the bottle looks classy and luxurious). It is sweet without any doubt, but not in a kind of overpowering or synthetic way. It is pleasantly sweet. The smell of it reminded me on old classic style actress, seductive and elegant at the same time. I can easily picture women like Sophia Loren or Grace Kelly wearing this one.

In the year when Dolce Vita was released I was in my teens and that was one of the favorite women fragrances. I couldn’t understand its popularity then, the same as I don’t understand why it isn’t more popular these days. Many things take time to settle on their right place.

Dolce Vita has certainly found its place in my heart.

Tuberose
Tuberose

Luminous, sutble but long lasting. A great cedar - chypre - alittle gourmand perfume. I heard it was reformulated in the early 2000s.
Classy and a rare gem .

milena
milena

Dolce Vita a perfume for all women no matter what age.Exotic, warm little sweet and feminine.CLASS

melo_dramatiko
melo_dramatiko

such a great scent!!!!waaaw and waaaaw!i always take compliments when i'm wearing it.it's elegant,sexy,sweet.i thinck everybody loves it.

TigerLady
TigerLady

The bottle appealed to me, and the package colors. I couldn't wait to use this up, though I don't remember doing so. Perhaps it merely went bad in the 'fridge after a long period or nonuse.

chanteuse
chanteuse

This is an extremely charming fragrance. Although it retails at 4 times the price in my country, it is something that I cannot do without and so I will always buy it. My mom was the one who discovered it and ever since, there has been nothing that comes close to its richness and luxury. Men and women are drawn to this one as it has such an amazing silage but what is most fascinating about it, is the sense of exhilaration one gets as soon as it opens...the tenderness of peach, the warmth of the spices...engulfed in an ocean of sandalwood and vanilla. Indeed, it becomes difficult to define as it is both warm and cool, both sophisticated and debonair. Another plus is that it is not at all musky or animalistic and can be worn both casually and on special occasions. It is as if this scent forms a special and magical relationship with the wearer, adapting to compliment whatever the mood or season. In the winter it is an enchanted coat, in the summer the most beautiful silk foulard, dancing and embracing at the same time...it is truly the perfume of joy and happiness, a perfect creation.

amelie
amelie

I thought long about this perfume, and then finally bought it. And I did not regretted; a wonderful warm fragrance, passionate and woody, very feminine, to me, even a bit spicy. Peach and apricot with coconut and cinnamon in such a magical combination, which makes an irresistible calling to Nightlife.
French perfume & Italian style.I love Italy and I like the combination of Parisian chic with the Italian spirit
I like the bottle, perfume box, colors... just everything about this perfume is attractive and desirable.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Many compare Dolce Vita to Feminite du Bois, though at very few first seconds I really didn't think of it. It's sure is like FdB's more tender sister. If Feminite goes bo on one who really loves FdB, this is the solution.
I find in Dolce Vita common note combo like in FdB, I call it 'carnations'- only Dolce Vita is warm, polished so much that it glows. Dolce Vita also hasn't got any trace of resin, incense or sharp notes in it, and in my opinion it suits very much warmer days too. Dry-down is more nut like and warm woody.

Polymath
Polymath

Warm, spicy, and bright(you could even say it glows). Not candy, or garden, or fruit salad. It's very sophisticated and complex, but not haughty or austere. I love it.

MoietToi
MoietToi

First off I have to say that I love the bottle. So I don't think this is much of a woody oriental scent. But it is sure extremely posh and sophisticated. it smells like fruit and lingering cinnamon together with woods. As soon as I smelled this scent I started to think about the Fellini film Dolce Vita. I can truly picture Silvia from Dolce Viat wearing this. Daring,outrageous,sophisticated and beautiful!

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

One of Diors best,timeless,beautiful,feminin and classy.I feel beautiful when i wear this...a must have for all women!

Dolcevita has been one of my signature when I was much younger. I was about 25 and quite casual, but I always loved classy floral orientals.
I liked it so much, but I lived in UK where people 18-25 where all into fruity-sugary and Dolcevita looked too ladylike.
It is ladylike, but also very bright. It opens with a brisk fresh floral note, tehn it goes to cinnamon and then vanilla with strong but mellow woody notes. Beautiful, bright and romantic.
I would call it the happy side of Shalimar! I don't wear it now because of memories and my tastes are different, but Dolcevita stays as one of my staples and one of loveliest Dior's creations. The body lotion is also very pleasant and it keeps to the scent. Worthy trying it at least once in life :-)

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Sweet-indeed sweet, but in a drier floral way. I think it would be a nice fragrance to wear in cold weather, to remind one of warmer flower-filled days-no woods. I don't love it, but I like it, and I can't imagine it offending anyone.

It's one of those beautifully balanced fragrances, absolutely unremarkable on my skin, but pleasant. The right day could bring out Dolce Vita, the right day could give its not light but not heavy sweetness some kind of depth and allure, but I never had that day. This is not what I imagine when I hear the term la dolce vita, although it is definitely la dolce vita di qualcuna.

Somebody once described this scent as one of the "boring sweets" (if you said this, let me know, identify yourself!) I agree with this statement, although it is classy, and it stands out for a boring sweet.

Actually, it's kind of more interesting in warm weather, since it seems like a safer kind of fragrance-a gentle oriental, not floriental, not oriental woody, and none of the strength, but it's definitely not hollow.

dani78
dani78

Perhaps I’m not grown enough for this scent but I still don’t get its richness and bohemian beauty. I tested it and tested it… but every time is the same: woody and a little smoky scent with a high dose of cardamom. I don’t know if it’s my body chemistry but at the end a sour and unpleasant note left on my skin.
Yes, it is elegant one, but it’s not my picture of sunny days and easy-living. Instead of that I imagine a serious lady wearing a business suit without a trace of joy, happiness, etc.

Mals86
Mals86

I tested the parfum version. Right from the top, it's rich with spice and what seems to me to be plum, rather than peach or apricot. The florals are quite soft, and the woody-spicy notes more prominent. The whole perfume seems to be a poem to the richness of wood, accented by fruit and spice. This is excellently warm on a cold, wet day. I understand that Dolce Vita is a version of Sheldrake and Bourdon's Femininite de Bois for Shiseido, along with the "Bois" series they did for Serge Lutens. It's certainly gorgeous.

I don't buy perfume for the bottle, but I have to say that this is one of the most beautiful bottles I've ever seen. It's so pretty.

Although parfum tends to stay close to the skin, this scent radiates more than usual, so I estimate that the sillage on the EDT would be pretty impressive.

Edit: I liked the parfum so much that I also bought a bottle of the edt. It does radiate lovely sillage, which would probably be overwhelming in an office or elevator - so spray gently. Having now smelled several of the "Bois" series, I can say that Dolce Vita is my favorite so far; it is plush, jammy, and rich.

ljira
ljira

Definitely it is a feminine and tender perfume. And its name means the attitude of life. Balanced, with extraordinary mixed notes that offer you creamy and sweet seduction. Not overpowering but stable and long lasting. Classy and timeless, any time and every time.

first impressions:the bottle catches my eye.I'm so eager to test it.the smelling is incredible.although the shape of bottle made me think of a absolute classic boring perfume,it's not true.it starts with spicy notes,leading to sweet and floral scents,including peach and .I can't get enough of it.chic,elegant and sexy.
second impressions:it's totally changing between spicy notes and sweet ones.then it becomes too sweet to take.smells even a bit cheap.I don't like it at all.
final impressions: it becomes milder after half an hour and all I can recognize is lily.again sweet like life.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

From the box to the bottle to the scent, Dolce Vita is laughing: Classy! It's rich, not rich like rice puddings or cookies or chocolate cake; rich like like holidays in Monte Carlo, like 1950s film stars, like Italian brides on vespas or impossible yachts moored at St Tropez. It avoids the fustiness of certain elder Diors, possibly because the bottle resembles a chic dalek!

The top notes are a lovely blend of fruit, flowers and spices but I suspect the sandalwood is the power behind the throne. A beautiful scent which manages to be subtle but memorable, Dolce Vita is a less universally splattered Dior, which perhaps is just as well...means it never loses its sense of being something special.

azuriiita
azuriiita

Estoy felíz por haber comprado este perfume desde el primer instante, hacen 13 años y sigo comprándolo. Fué el segundo perfume que escogí por mi misma, en mi adolescencia, y es definitivamente uno de mis favoritos.
Es simplemente fantástico, siempre me pone de buen humor. Es delicado, femenino, alegre, notable, vibrante¡¡¡ Muy armónico.
Creo que siempre lo compraría.
Bien puede ser un perfume clásico, y adecuado para cualquier ocasión, aunque Yo particularmente, prefiero usarlo de día.
Siento que combina conmigo perfectamente¡¡¡ :D

DawnLady3
DawnLady3

This is a lovely, warm fragrance - goes well with cashmere jumpers and blazing fires. I find the body lotion too sweet and cloying, but the EDT or the perfume (used with restraint) is gorgeous. Definitely one for a mature, voluptuous woman - not young girls.

Inani
Inani

At first i liked it but afterwards i didn't feel good wearing it and i gave it to my mother who loves it.too sweet and strong for me.

Carla
Carla

Just as the name implies,"The Sweet Life" this fragrance is just that; How sweet it is!
This sweet, sharp, sophisticated scent makes you feel like you have the world on a string, sitting on a rainbow and ready to engage in the good life. The kickoff of the winsome magnolia performs well with the sweetness of the peach which in turn exudes pure sweet madness. At midpoint, the splendor of cinnamon and apricot have you reeling in sweet luxury with fruity undertones trailing along. The send off keeps this treasure at bay with continued sweetness of the vanilla. With Dolce Vita, sweet dreams are made of this and Dior does not disappoint with this smash hit. The brocade of notes throughout this plush scent makes you feel like you have discovered a sweet fortune to call your own

PR
PR

my husband likes it, though in general he likes very few fragrances. I tried it once, but it was too sweet, powdery and strong for me..however there was some freshness in it. For some reason i found it to be nauseous. But I'm going to try it few more times

LizzieM
LizzieM

I went out today with the purpose of trying this perfume once more after testing it when it first came out and found it didn't suit me. But I am very pleased I gave it another go, WOW what a fabulous and delicious scent. I AM going to put this on my wish list. Love it!

blue_bear
blue_bear

Very luxurious, glamourous and ellegant perfume. It's very sweet and intensive, not for everybody, and for some special occasions... Sometimes I don't like it because I can't stand strong perfumes, but inspite of sweetness, this one has a great amount of ellegance and smells expensive, not cheap like some other sweet perfumes.
My sister has Eau de Dolce Vita and I think it smells better and somehow a bit mildly, which is good cause this one is wonderful but could be too strong for somebody.

cognac
cognac

This is the only perfume that i bought and rebought and i probably will.
This is a sweet , classy and innocent scent.Perfect for an english tea or may be a day of sailing .This is an all time classic.

guillermostf

Dolce vita it's a timeless perfume, fit great in all the women. Excellent perfume. Spicy and luxury.

essija
essija

All time favorite. I used to wear this in my early 20's. Women were always on me asking me what is that? It's very inticing. Sophisticated. Rich smelling. Sexy. I would love to have another bottle of this. You can't go wrong with Dolce Vita...

elaida_00
elaida_00

this is the ULTIMATE perfume..my God..i remember i was a little girl when my mom had this one..so maybe i`m subjective:) but it`s dry floral exotic clasic..has something..when i think about perfect perfume for a woman..this is THE ONE

beloved boo
beloved boo

yeah, i've just got one. I haven't have it in my hands but my friend tried some and he said she's awesome with long-lasting scent, truly warm and adorable, so i'm so sure that I'd love it, like I've been loving any masterpiece from my beloved brand - Dior. I'm totally pleased with Miss Dior and Dior Addict (1) and now, Dolce Vita's the next treasure to create my "LA DOLCE VITA"

Dolce Vita by Dior 3.82 out of 5 based on 2410 ratings and 309 user reviews

Dolce Vita Perfume by Christian Dior - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Dolce Vita Perfume by Christian Dior - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Christian Dior Dolce Vita Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Christian Dior Dolce Vita Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Dolce Vita fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Dolce Vita, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dolce Vita by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dolce Vita by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.