Designers » D E » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Eau Sauvage Extreme Dior for men

Eau Sauvage Extreme Dior for men
dislike

Eau Sauvage Extreme by Dior is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for men. Eau Sauvage Extreme was launched in 1984. Top notes are patchouli, lavender, fruity notes, basil, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are aldehydes, rosemary, coriander, sandalwood, bay leaf, orris root and jasmine; base notes are amber, patchouli, musk, oakmoss and cedar.

Patchouli Lavender Fruity Notes Basil Bergamot Lemon

Aldehydes Rosemary Coriander Sandalwood Bay Leaf Orris Root Jasmine

Amber Patchouli Musk Oakmoss Cedar

Eau Sauvage Extreme Fragrance Reviews

silentman26
silentman26

This is a very special perfume. Especially the vintage Eau Sauvage Extreme. Very powerful sillage and a great projection full of lemon and rosemary. Great longevity. An outstanding scent.

K1
K1

Eau Sauvage Extreme is an elaborate fresh, crispy, herbal, deep aromatic, citric and slight spicy icon with very punchy opening. It’s one of a kind. A classy dandy fragrance that gives me the feel of being in a roadster Porsche in Cannes in early summer while I'm wearing white pants and marine blue shirt. The time I bought it I was in believe that nothing can be more convenient for me!

VanAllan
VanAllan

A (somehow) modernized version of the classic Eau Sauvage, for sure aimed to younger people, as it presents sweeter and fruitier top notes with smooth lavender and patchouli mixed in, followed by aromatic-spicy notes (basil, coriander, rosemary) combined with some musty-green aldehydes, mellow jasmine and a creamy sandalwood that lead the way to the longlasting base where it loses some of the fruity-aromatic accord in favour of woody-ambery notes (oakmoss, cedar, patchouli).
On my skin it has a wonderful evolution, similar (to a certain extent and adequate proportions) with Guerlain Homme Intense and Chanel Allure Blanche.
Great projection/sillage in the first 1-2 hrs. then close to skin, lasting on me up to 6-8 hrs. Overall a solid quality fragrance from Dior at a fair price.
My personal ranking 8.8/10 ☣☣☣☣. Reccomended.

DC-8

UPDATE: Just tried the brand new falcon (with the magnetic cap) and I feel that this version has been somewhat reformulated. I already have got the old version and comparing this one, seemingly it has been diluted while the citric weight balance has been lowered in favor of some new-injected powdery note.

I felt so disappointed as that lovely classic 60s French spirit has considerably gone away from this masterpiece, while also the longevity has been sensibly impacted.

Sounds like the POWDERY-fashion has dominated the entire Dior citrus platform (maybe even the aromatic and woody empires of Dior as well - Look at the new version of Dior Homme Intense, not to mention the trend of the Fahrenheit Le Parfum to the powder tendency), as the same story went for Dior Homme Sport, on behalf of DHS 2012. It's a real disappointment to me, as a big fan of Dior citric line.

However, yet it is one cute lovely feat, but I wonder why on earth it had to be reformulated?

Apparently, the recession has mandated the producers to decrease the quality and/or change the formulation, in order to compensate the loss of raw materials price rise. Or is it just a matter of the fashion and modernizing the classics for marketing purposes? :-(

KlownvonnomaD
KlownvonnomaD

Another classics from times gone by.
Quite heavy on the citrus, and with nice floral undertones with a nice hint of spice and powdery wood.

A very good solid frag, but like many of this era I could see my dad wearing on a regular as for me. I'm not so sure.

Kain
Kain

I don't know why many people here keep bashing this fragrance while I believe it's a nice fresh, oriental and aromatic fragrance that is a very good choice for spring and fall.
I didn't have the opportunity to test the original Eau Sauvage and I can't compare them to each other but this fragrance by itself is a quality and well made fragrance and I like it.
The opening is a nice fresh, slightly bitter and juicy lemony scent with some sweetness from tonka bean (or maybe benzoin) and some bitter aromatic herbal notes in the background.
The quality of the notes is really good and the overall smell even though it's not something new, is pleasant and inoffensive.
As time passes by I'm getting less citruses and more bitter green herbal notes plus a little more sweetness.
The sweetness doesn't smell like vanilla or musk. it's kind of a slightly woody and bitter sweet smell that we usually get from tonka bean.
This can be someones signature scent easily but you should be more careful in the summer and you have to spray less or it can get cloying a little bit.
Projection is above average and longevity is around 5-7 hours.

راستش نمیدونم چرا اکثرا از این عطر بد گفتن ولی به نظرم شخصا عطر خیلی خوب و خوشبو و با کیفیته و میتونه یه گزینه خیلی خوب برای چهار فصل خصوصا بهار و پاییز باشه
شخصا نسخه او ساواج کلاسیک و اولیه رو تست نکردم تاحالا و نمیتونم مقایسه ای بین این و اون انجام بدم ولی این عطر در نوع خودش کار بسیار خوشبو و دوست داشتنی هست
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی شاداب، ترش و شیرین و کمی تلخ لیمو شروع میشه که رایحه ای شبیه به دانه های تانکا و مقداری هم رایحه های تلخ و گیاهی اونو همراهی میکنن
بوی عطر اصلا چیز جدید و خاصی نیست اما انصافا کیفیت رایحه ها و ساخت بالاست و بوی دلپذیر و خوبی داره
با گذر زمان بوی مرکباتی و ترش شاداب لیمو شروع میکنه به محو شدن و همزمان رایحه های تلخ و گیاهی و رایحه های شیرین قویتر میشن
بوی شیرین عطر حس وانیلی یا مشک نداره. یه بوی شیرین نسبتا تلخ و کمی چوبی هست که معمولا دانه های تانکا همچین بویی رو ایجاد میکنن
همونطور که گفتم این عطر رو میشه چهار فصل استفاده کرد منتها تو فصل تابستون و وقتی هوا خیلی گرمه باید کمتر اسپری کنین و سعی کنین زیاد سمت گردن نزنین چون ممکنه اذیتتون کنه
پخش بوی خوبی داره و ماندگاریش هم بین 5-7 ساعت روی پوست متغیره

j4ken
j4ken

ES's lemon is a bit overpowering on my skin so I absolutely love Extreme. I've been wearing it during South Africa's mild winter and it reminds me of the warmth of summer. I am very new to fragrances but to my uneducated nose, this is fantastic. I get complimented every time I wear it. If ES is a little too lemony for you, maybe ESE is just what you need. On the other hand, if you're a fan of the original Eau Sauvage, chances are you don't need or want this in your collection.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

@ Marciu

What I meant when I said that it's discontinued, yes it is still being made but Dior has reformulated the fragrance
This is from their website....
With Eau Sauvage Extrême, Dior has revealed a contemporary interpretation of its great classic.
I was referring to the vintage not the current version.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I know i'm in the minority here, but to my nose this is utterly divine, I sprayed it this morning, I can faintly smell it 10 hours later, reminds me of a lemony candyfloss, I can see why people don't get on with it, but my nose is in love :-) wish it wasn't so pricy, I take Habit Rouge every time.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Extreme what, exactly? I pass on this one. The original or the Parfum flanker are both better than this.

pronose

the nose of dior knows only how to destroy old great scents!!!! why he needed to change the original formula by this yucky formula???? he just keep the name without the juice! and he destroyed the original once again scent!
used to be a great scent and now it sucks!thanks to the very bad nose of mr demaschy! why the so called dior nose need to change great past scents?????

jfr1974
jfr1974

I'm by no means an expert - however I know a bad scent, a coarsely produced scent and a fine scent. This may well be different from the original (which I have not smelt), however it's not fair to say this is a bad smell that resembles a cheap air freshener. This is more refined and elegant than some of the scents that are on the market - whether this is cheaper, hyped or not as good as the original.

Marciu

I've read the discussion on BN about the reformulation of Eau Sauvage Extreme. And... I have a question. Really, I mean does anyone can smell mint in current formulation? To me this is a weird thing!

As I said before - this (reform.)is close to an ideal classic(but not 'dated!) fragrance to me. I really would like to sniff out the vintage one...

Oh, and one more thing. I haven't noticed that fact - does it have magnetic cap?

Marciu

@pronose - if this smells like an air wick(and is near to excellence to my nose btw), I wonder how the old formula smelled like. It must have been a true masterpiece and a real powerhouse fragrance. This one stands out from the crowd by a mile. It's better than current version of Platinum Egoiste IMO.

Marciu

@aqua_de_la_vita - how do you know it's discontinued by Dior? It still is available on their website. Hope you're wrong :)

pronose

what happened to the original formula???? why they changed the whole formula??? that's awful and smells like "airwick" !!!!! dior nose must be completly nuts!
this has nothing to do with the original formula of eau sauvage extreme which was pretty close to the original eau sauvage by dior!!!! dior is just fooling us by keeping the name not the scent! rubbish

@drakecito:

It's not that I hate Platinum Egoiste. I just think it's not worth money you have to pay for it anymore. It was, but it's not anymore. And I think ESE is still a great fragrance. Maybe because I don't know the previous one.

ES Parfum will be my next purchase. And I'm buying it blind.

BTW, reformulations always suck :(

And I still prefer ES Extreme to the original. Original seems to be very weak and watery on me... Extreme projects good and has good longevity.

I'm asking again: Anyone knows who is the nose behind this fragrance?

@drakecito:

I have similar feelings (as you have with ESE) about current version of Chanel's Platinum Egoiste...

BTW, have you tried the ES Parfum version? It's quite a new release and I don't think it could be reformulated so early...

@Marciu

Good for you ... Congratulations...
Glad you like it a lot.
To my eyes and to my nose, it's not. It is quite the opposite.

Kind regards.

Marciu

@drakecito - I don't know previous version of Eau Sauvage Extreme. Is it possible it was even better than the current one, which is excellent in my eyes and for my nose?

drakecito

Another cheap and vulgar reformulation from Dior.
Definitely, this brand seems ever more a brand of flea market.

In this reformulation, longevity and sillage art both too low.
That if, it says "Dior" so everyone to buy ...

scent: 2/10
longevity: 3/10
sillage: 2/10

mef
mef

از رایحه ی مطلوبی بر خوردار نیست و اسعتمال ان بیشتر موجب سر درد می شود تا لذت
بنظر می رسد که خود دیور نیز متوجه نامرغوب بودن این محصول شده و تولید آنرا اداهه نداده است

Merdogan1
Merdogan1

Tatlılıktan uzak, hatta uzaktan karabiberi andıran ama gerçekten keskin bir turunçgil parfümü. Genç erkekler için biraz sert gelebilir. Ancak çok beğendim. Kalıcılık ve farkedilebilirlik yüksek. Genç kızların beğenisi için çok sert gelecektir. Ayrıca yaz mevsimi, kapalı ve sıcak ortamlarda ölçülü kullanmak gerekli. Tatlılıktan uzak, orta yaş ve üzeri erkekler için özel günlere önerilebilecek bir parfüm. Günlük kullanım için çok uygun değil. Kısaca yine de çok sevdim ve aldığıma hiç pişman değilim.

Not : Yorumlarımı ve özel mesajlarıma cevaplarımı sadece Türkçe olarak yapacağım. Böylece yabancı dil konusunda sıkıntı yaşayan arkadaşlara gerçekten denediğim parfümlerdeki kendi görüşlerimi paylaşmayı amaçlıyorum.

Marciu

I tested it yesterday and I fell in love with it. It's sooo rich and high quality fragrance!

On my skin it's very herbacious but in the same time it has a kind of metallic vibe. I thought a moment - what does it remind me of? Chanel Platinum Egoiste(despite the fact that it's 7years older than Chanel's fragrance)! It's also similar to Eau Sauvage, but to my nose it's not so sharp as original ES, the citrus note is a little toned down.

Longevity was very good - about 9 hours on my skin, sillage was medium, about arms lenghth or so.

It's almost 30, but it's not outdated at all.

I guess it's a must have for me, probably it'll be one of my next purchases.

Btw, who made this? Francois Demachy?

hamed perfumer
hamed perfumer

درود
عطر مشهدی و لیمو مزخرفه

missan
missan

@ronose, I agree, You are of course correct about these reformulations. They must be laughing all the way to the bank.

pronose

again another grat scent destroyed by francois demaschy! this scent was made to be the extreme of the original eau sauvage but now it's a weird and distgusting scent!!!! shame on dior house and their poor nose!

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

I've sprayed it on a blotter, and got a realy nice burst of lavender, along with citrus. Didn't wait for the drydown, but it doesn't seem that bad.

markino
markino

I was at the airport and sprayed on my wrist eau savage extreme. My memory of this smell turned out devastated when i got to find out that this amazing fragrance has been badly and cheaply reformulated. Shame on the person s nose behind Dior. You can t destroy such a classic fragrance. And make it smell as any new high street chaep store perfume. I wanted to through up!!!!

pronose

hate this re-formulated version of Eau Sauvage Concentree.
IT WAS AWESOME BEFORE BUT NOW IT STINKS!!!!! I THINK THE NOSE BEHIND THIS MUST BE FIRED!

Housebliss
Housebliss

Smells like a mix of Rive Gauche and Eau Sauvage, which is a good thing. This should probably have been the Eau Sauvage EDP, as I find it to be a stronger version of the original. It doesn't stray far from it, and it's easy to detect the similarities.

Smelling them side by side:

ES: The citrus is amazing, and feels so fresh. Great for warmer weather. The only downside is longevity, gone within 2 hours.

ESE: The extreme feels heavier, and I detect a smokier vibe. I'd wear this primarily in colder weather. It also feels a little minty, so warmer weather could work as well.

I like it.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

This fragrance by Dior is masculine and elegant. What I love about it is that it can be worn in winter or summer. The herbs and botanicals just say "masterpiece." Defenitely a fragrance to have in your collection.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

I have to say this is such a suprise to me. I was not expecting the citrusy mixed with lavender and spicy notes which to be honest are so well blended together. It is a little smoky and has a subtle floral running through it. I received 2 compliments from work as soon as I went to my desk. I sprayed 2 on the neck and 1 on the chest and I could smell the fragrance all day long with wafts here and there. The longevity and sillage is fantastic. I can definately see me keeping this one in my collection from now on.

sniffmaster
sniffmaster

ES Extreme smells more adventurous, exciting, and manly than the original ES thanks to the top note of lavender and base-notes of patchouli, cedar and sandalwood.. Better longevity than the original and better suited for all occasions and all year round. Fresh/warm/lovely/sexy... worth having

asena20
asena20

I hate this re-formulated version of Eau Sauvage Concentree.

limited Edition
limited Edition

I tried it today with a spray my wrist , the scent lasted for 5 hrs..The standard Eau sauvage only lasted half that time..The base notes of musk and amber really high light this fragrance..very nice..7.5/10

fuggerone
fuggerone

one of my faves, incredible feedback with ladies, a real masterpiece!

gd15329
gd15329

I just bought this today (along with dior homme intense). Very good fragrance... I think it beats ES original in a "more cocky" way. (I think it also beats Dune, which will be my next buy probably - as a "more mature" fragrance)

Citrus and Lavender are the very dominant ones. I haven't seen yet how the fragrance evolves or if it evolves at all, but it surly a masculine enough scent.
ES original is more "Lemon" clear and it fades very soon (today was a "hot+humidity" day) on the other hand ESE is still on even after I washed my hand twice.

UPDATE: I did one spray on my chest (for "crash testing" reasons) Projection was very good for ONLY one spray. I could smell it CLEARLY for 3 hours maybe more... and it stayed on my skin for 5+ hours before I couldn't smell it any more...

My guess is that with 3-4 sprays you will be good to go all night and you will definitely 'leave a mark'.

Evolution of the fragrance...: not so much. To me... "Lemon+Lavender" and that's it... but it's good...

OVERALL: Good (for) sniffing not a heavy fragrance, long lasting - very good manly choice.

My Total Score: 9/10

ComaSaan
ComaSaan

I love the reformulated version of this. The old one which is the "concentre'te" smells wayyy too heavy and old. I believe that the reformulated one (Extrême) suits both younger (25+) and older generation (45+) well. I love this! This is class!

Note: This is not the jeans and T-shirt fragrance. It's a "suit" fragrances. I think the bottle says that too. It demands respect. So, if you are going to a formal event (black tie or maybe office) where you demand respect and recognition, this here is your guy.

Scent: 10/10 (very masculine)
Logetivity: 8/10 (close to 7 hours on my skin)
Sillage: 6.5/10 (which is good and safe)

marios4
marios4

But was it reformulated???? I wore it in the late 80's, and i remember that citrusy notes were more strong (in a good way!), very pleasant (i love all citrus notes); now tried a sample, but is less citrusy, ii seems to me more aromatic, lavander, cedre and a light patchouli: why????
It seems more classic and for men from 40's.....good, but not as 20 years ago.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

It last longer then the original ,and has good projection.
Similar with original but original is way more pleasant,much more balanced.
There is something wrong in it when compare it to the masterpiece.
The smell itself is same genre ,citrusy herbal ,i would say more herbal and less citric.

Not as bad as I expected but, honestly, nowhere close to Eau Sauvage. Rosemary and other aromatic herbs (bay leaf?) with a shy citrus note on top joined by lavender and surrounded by sharp woody undertones.

Barely nice.

Rating: 6.5/10

ION
ION

I find "Eau Sauvage Extreme" is a rather unecessary creation.
It doesn't add anything to the original's charm and good name, and it fails to emphasise its wicked side as well.
In my eyes (or should I say "to my nose"?) it is a clumsy commercial movement from a company that should be more serious and respectful of its heritage.
Still, the bottle is more equitable than the perfume inside.

balzac
balzac

An unexpected, free-spirited, masculine yet youthful fragrance. For those men who dare to live in the moment and not afraid to leave a strong ltrail. A spontaneous, yet responsible fragrance that captivates. Classy, sexy beyond words and flat out one of the best male fragrances I've ever smelled. Pure bliss for me.
I'm giving this a 10

excellent sillage

krmarich
krmarich

I happened upon half used bottle of this in a thrift store in 1997. I used it as a signature and bought another bottle later. It has an imperial class about it that nothing has compared. The original lacks its strength. Dior made a brilliant choice turning up the notes to an extreeme frequency.

The citrus means business and the patcholi and oakmoss play important supporting role. The bay and sandalwood play well together. Its really a fine crafted composition. Perfect in every way!

I only use for special occasions now that is is hard to find. It defined the quality of Dior in the 1980s.

masak389
masak389

Recently reformulated, it has the same vibe of aqua fahrenheit without the fruity-aquatic opening and without the vanilla in the base (used in fahrenheit 32). They have used the same aromachemical musc to construct a warm base that remains (at least on my skin) for hours. I miss the original formula of these masterpiece whith the strong oakmoss character.

darkunor
darkunor

Just a heads-up for people wishing to buy this in the future: there has been a re-release of this fragrance in 2010 and it has been re-formulated slightly, so the older reviews here will be for the older version. You can tell if you have the old or the new version of this by looking at the label. The image you see at the top of this page is for the old version as it has the word "Concentree". The label of the new version says this:
----------------

----------------

mehrdad
mehrdad

Extrême Eau de Toilette

With Eau Sauvage Extrême, Dior introduces a modern version of its great classic, which boasts more freshness, more power and more depth. Eau Sauvage Extrême carries the original accord to the peak of excess and enriches it with a noble woody note that has enveloping accents and a fully contemporary and pronounced character that intensifies its masculinity.

With the same timeless chic and same olfactory self-evidence as Eau Sauvage.

به نقل از سایت دیور

GracedeMonaco
GracedeMonaco

I smelled this years ago when it was still pretty easy to find and I simply love it! It's pricey but SO worth it. All the notes come together so nicely..it's like a melody. I picture a sexy, hot movie-star wearing nothing but a leather jacket and nothing else but skin! Definitely a "straight to the bedroom" scent! A must-have for your man...to at LEAST try it!

oz457
oz457

To me, it just smells like a good bar of french soap.

RobbieX
RobbieX

The potent version of the original - excellent fragrance - a classic citrus. Only Monsieur Balmain competes with it.

scenturian
scenturian

Definitely the longer lasting and potent of the original which I love much.
Sophisticated and elegant scent for a gentleman. Classic yet so modern that easily beats many modern scents out there.
The main difference is that the top notes last a little bit longer in the original. And this is a little bit more sweet, but of course not so sweet scent.
I agree with krmarich, it smells to me chypre type as well, some kinda has similarity with Chanel Anteaus.
Can be worn in any occasion and in any season, unoffensive but intoxicating :)
As the many reviewers mentioned it has unisex edge also and I agree that can be worn by women.
IMO it is the best of C.Dior so far.

DC-8

Comparing original ES, it is slightly sweeter while keeping the structure of its predecessor. It is extreme but not offensive or unusable for hot days. For those, whom admire the citrus part of ES, this one might be a bit weak when it reaches up to the middle notes and on. The absence of vetiver is sensible in extreme version. ES has a touch of earthy notes, while ESE is somewhat aquatic with a touch of aromatic lavender.

While it could be worn in any season, spring would be my best choice.

Indeed, it is a virile compilation of ES, so classic and with increadibly greater longevity (Original ES lasts so shortly). 6 whiffs worked for 13+ hours on me. Even after 16 hours you feel it's presence. A very rare thing in the citrus scene!

I am using all Clarins Men products and love their scent; ESE does match this scent as well.

So nice, classic (yet would satisfy the modern side), cute and pretty lovely scent, I can say. Well... It's a Dior! ;-)

It does fit on the men 40+, representing someone like a successful diplomat or big manager.

The price is acceptable, considering it is a Dior product.

10 of 10, nothing less! (standing ovation!)

guest_piazza dei signori
guest_piazza dei signori

I bought the Extreme version because i thought it will be more potent and it will stay more hours on my skin. Rarely i wear man's perfumes (i am a woman)and this i was curious to taste. It's a nice fragrance, definitely unisex but it doesn't last on my skin. It's sharp, herbal, citrus-y, a little musty, a well crafted scent,it could be worn all year round, but i can't give load for the persistence. Hope you are more lucky. 16.32

LaLoLa
LaLoLa

This one is way different that the original Eau Sauvage. On me, it's a sweeter, more accessible scent and I occasionally get a whiff of cinnamon (even though it's not listed here). Definitely unisex.

shamus1
shamus1

I'm one of the world's biggest Eau Sauvage fans, but I have to say that ES Extreme is way overrated. I bought it years ago beacause I noticed that Eau Sauvage didn't have any staying power on my skin (the scent disappeared after about 3 hours), and I wanted a more concentrated version of ES. Yes, ESE is a more concentrated version of ES, but it has a caustic, sharp vinegary note that smells kind of like Italian salad dressing, and just about ruins the whole scent. The original ES has this note as well, but it's subtle and in the background, where it belongs - in ESE, it's right in your face and up into your sinuses. This is not the note in Eau Sauvage that I wanted more of - I wanted more citrus. ESE isn't a terrible scent, but it's nowhere near as elegant or pleasing as the original. I'll just bite the bullet and buy a new bottle of Eau Sauvage every few months.

Eau Sauvage Extreme by Dior 4.09 out of 5 based on 283 ratings and 56 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Eau Sauvage Extreme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Eau Sauvage Extreme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau Sauvage Extreme by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau Sauvage Extreme by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.