Designers » D E » Oriental Woody « Groups

Elixir Midnight Poison Dior for women

Elixir Midnight Poison Dior for women
dislike

caramel
Elixir Midnight Poison Dior for women Pictures Elixir Midnight Poison Dior for women Pictures Elixir Midnight Poison Dior for women Pictures

In cooperation with perfumer Francois Demachy , Dior presented their three new versions of already existing perfumes in form of an elixir. These are three magical perfumes Midnight Poison, Hypnotic Poison and Pure Poison, which were presented in form of an elixir and are available in well-known bottle shapes and colours in amounts of 30 and 50 ml, with atomizers.

The L'Elixir Midnight Poison perfume will seduce you with new aromas of caramel and vanilla. It was presented in 2008.

Caramel Vanilla Rose Amber Patchouli

Midnight Poison
Dhajala

Elixir Midnight Poison Fragrance Reviews

SailorMars657
SailorMars657

This is definetely a dark, mysterious and magical fragrance. This is for the edgy rebel princess or prince. They definetly discontinued a 5 star fragrance that could very easily have been my signature scent! To be clear I could never wear florals or rose, as they are cloying and give me a headache or make me natious. However in this gem of a fragrance everything is blended so wonderfully between the gourmond carmel and non gourmond notes that this could satisfy a gourmound or floral lover both the same! I reccomend buying whats left on ebay or amazon despite the high price, it could be your last chance to smell this magical potion!

Pierina

Absolutely devastated as in reduced to big fat tears! To discover my entire precious bottle had leaked away!
So much so that I immediately jumped online and found a replacement bottle at over $200 shipped!
To me this one is worth it and I will sell my tiny diamond from my now ex husbands engagement ring to pay for it. In a former post I stated I wished he had bought it.. Well now he will have.

Norgirl
Norgirl

This differs quit a bit from the orignal on my skin
I have them side by side on my hand . The original is a cool dark night in a rosy garden with slightly sweet amber and patchouli. the Rose cooled down by the citrus notes . Like a trail carried away in the dark night. poisonos, enchanting beauty in the night
The Elixir verison is another story. this is much more about warmth ,Caramell ,amber,vanilla and dark Patchouli, the start is a bit to much Patchouli dark and damp. but soon the caramel, almost slightly spiced with Cinnamon or Cardemom lingers and makes this almost a bit sticky, The Rose isent as present in this version.
This to me feals more like a sister to Wish Chopard , or even also a slight similarity to Calamity J by JHG, it reminds me of some of the same cinammon twist i find in CJ.
I would say that this is a good twist to Midnight Poison but not realy what i expected it to be . Dont think i like this as much as i like the Original . may even go for swapp for the right offer . I have to add about the longevity , this lasts longer on my skin then the original
I realy wanted this to be even darker and more earthy rose then the original . The search goes on for that type of perfume i guess

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

Oh gosh..i just got the 1oz in and it is amazing..at first spritz i thought i didn't like it because the caramel was making the patchouli dark and dirty but then i tried it again and my goodness it is simply amazing..all you can smell is the caramel and the patchouli..the camphor is there..the citrus and vanilla are there but this time its deeper and stronger but the brightness of the citrus and the intensity of the fuzzy vanilla they are both blended in together..it seems by adding caramel its become more of a blended together whole than anything really sticking out and as it dries down the vanilla really comes out and it gets spicier which is different than the EDP..i love this..and i love this 1oz size..this stuff is potent you don't need a lot..such a shame its discontinued..i will treasure this little bottle and the EDP's sparingly..the bottle is also brighter..wow in the dry down also the citrus is taking stage more with the spice..this one really transforms..not like the regular EDP which is more linear in comparison to this...this is not an easy fragrance you either got to love or hate this one it is so much more intense you have to hold of to spray one time i think ..maybe twice its so intense

DomizianoA
DomizianoA

I just wish i could agree with so many comments here, listing the caramel, and so on.. I am completely disappointed instead! Was expecting a sweet, gourmand experience (especially since the Elixir is so defined on this Site!) but i can barely smell caramel, i can barely feel the powdery vanilla, all i get is a quite disappointing patchouli aroma, that dissolves quickly and dries out on a very mild, not exceptional amber!
It's like some old man's cologne, my dad would have wore this just fine, if it wasn't for the lovely bottle!
It will look just good over my 3 story glass antique that holds all of my collection of scents and fragrances!
May i tell you the truth? I was so fed up, i sprayed myself with Kiko Mecheri's fantastic "Loukhoum", then I even added a little bit of Serge Lutens "Louve" another very favorite of mine, cancelled my date (she was slightly upset!) and went to bed alone!

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

I knew I'd love this one ! It was a blind buy based on the notes and the reviews on Fragrantica. A patchouli powerhouse on first application,woody and warm with hints of caramel,rose & vanilla but not gourmand. This is an oriental woody scent ,dark & exotic . It lingers but is not overpowering nor sickly sweet. It does remind me of Chopard Wish,but without the vanilla and caramel at the forefront. In this fragrance those notes soften the harshness of the patchouli nicely,without taking over. I'm curious now to try Midnight poison to see whether it's as nice as this one !

caramellomacchiato
caramellomacchiato

Exotic patchouli and mellow amber blend with caramel become a way very ageless sexy!

I mean,surely, this is not for small girls,but when young girls wear it could be more mature because amber+patchouli note;but in the meanwhile,the caramel note makes lovely in very cute way,lively and vivacious~~

Elixir Midnight Poison Dior is mellow and exotic and very ageless sexy~~I love it,my top 5~~

auroramaria
auroramaria

Today as I needed a little pick me up (normally happens on a weekly basis) I made this stunning fragrance mine!!
I had tested it before and then forgot about it until I read so many positive reviews on here.
Well this is just gorgeous, caramel and vanilla are outstanding in this creation, sillage and longevity as one would expect from Dior.
On a cold winter night this is bound to turn heads as it is so very sexy!!!

AMDs44
AMDs44

This fragrance is on my list
I still can't believe that I found some bottles of this fragrance, unfortunately they didn't have a tester but hopefully I wouldn't have to test :)))

Pierina

I smelled this in a busy food court on a stunningly beautiful woman.
I embarassed hubby and went over to ask what she was wearing?
she got it wrong and told me it was midnight poison (left out the elixir part) which was confusing, as there was a sweetness to her scent that didnt match the rose / patch combo I knew to be midnight.
Thank you fragrantic you excellent website! I was able to figure it out based on the notes and procured myself a bottle!!
this is a heavenly bottle of sex!
I wish it were a gift from my beau..

paojaime
paojaime

This smell is intense. One spray on the wrist at the store and when my bf got home he said the entire house smelled like it. I'm only 22, this made me feel old :( I like hypnotic poison far better

ritacatita
ritacatita

Amazing caramel joins a “ medicinal” patchouli and a deep amber to create a profound cosiness, sparkled by the later notes of vanilla and rose. Evolving, deep, cosy and smooth, words that (for me) embodies the soul of MP Elixir. The first minutes can be a challenge, but the middle notes and the dry down are just bewitching.

xclairabellax
xclairabellax

Poison, Poison, Poison...oh what would I do without all my poisons..I Love all this line big time!! there is one for every mood,every day..every moment. I used to be a die hard Chanel lover-Its now Dior.

I smell dark berries in this somewhere?? the caramel gives a gorgeous sweetness along side the medicinal patchouli.
I expected it to be a cold scent,but its actually very warm!! cosy caramel and incense :) love love love.

Raquel73
Raquel73

I have one full of this, if someone is interested, send me one mail.

ivanda
ivanda

Very aristocratic, glamurous evening winter scent for very special occassions. Blast of honey and patchouli. Strong, very long lasting as perfume. Beautiful bottle. Among other bottles on the table looks as misterious and expensive souvenier.

Celestienne
Celestienne

I will give anything to get a bottle of this perfume!! It was discontinued here before i got the chance to buy a bottle :-( please if anyone have a bottle that bothers you i would be very happy to help you get rid of it and have something you love instead.please pm me.

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

This is one of the best caramelized patchoulies created there.

Elixir Midnight Poison is the original with a fun edge of caramel. This caramel makes the fragrance slightly less unisex, but nevertheless, a man could still wear it.

It opens without the orange and bergamot the original Midnight Poison has. It opens straight into a saga of patchouli, rose and caramel. The patchouli and caramel cancel each other out to give a sweet, tangy and a slight medicinal tone.

The middle and base are somewhat similar, the rose blooms more, the patchouli blends in a little bit with the caramel and the dusty, powdery vanilla approaches.

The base is what is left of the rose and patchouli, and a sweet, animalic amber note comes up to guide Elixir Midnight Poison to a smooth, approaching-the-dawn finish. As with all Dior fragrances, this one has excellent sillage and longevity.

Overall, a great composition. Love how the caramel balances out the patchouli.

Magic now truly begins at midnight.

morfo
morfo

I love this perfume. That's how sweet melancholy smells like.

kylexora
kylexora

I owned a sample of Midnight Poison and I love it. MP smell very mysterious, deep, warm and seductive. Sometimes, it get kinda spooky feeling. I smell incense, but there is no incense notes here.

My friend say that this smell so strong incense and she hated it. But after 15 minutes, she change her mind. She said MP smell warm, mysterious and expensive. But only for night wear, so the name is suit the smell. Me myself would never wear it on a hot day, no never....

As my sample is finished, I don't plan to buy a big bottle. I dont go out at night often so this would waste. But, I'm looking forward to but Estee Lauder Sensuous Noir which smell similar, but much softer.

Piratka
Piratka

I was not big fan of Dior poisons collection, until I found this one.

debush
debush

perfect smells for winter nite!

Blaabomull
Blaabomull

Really had my hopes up after reading some of the reviews on here, but I got so disappointed. Smells way ta harsh and i felt like a 70 year old grandmother wearing this. It didn`t smell bad, it`s just way too much and it to old fashioned.

Woodelf
Woodelf

This is such a dreamy scent - my second favourite in the Poison line after Hypnotic Poison.

Upon first spray, there's a lovely warm blend of caramel and vanilla which is brightened by the rose, and all is grounded by the amber and patchouli. Thankfully, it's just enough patchouli (which tends to turn to insect spray on my skin.)

After dry down, I'm left with the warm glow of caramel, vanilla and amber. Midnight Poison Elixir is just strong enough to last for a few hours on my skin (I tend to burn through scents fairly quickly), and sillage is light to median.

Midnight Poison Elixir is not as intoxicating to my nose as Hypnotic Poison, but this is still lovely in its own way - a nice cool weather scent: comforting, relaxing. I'm glad to have it in my fragrance library.

This is strong strong strong! Too much to sprayed liberally! A spray more could be a big mistake. Regular Midnight Poison is very strong too but more flat and dominated by patchouli, so that all florals are sunk. Same problem with original purple Poison which was a luminous dark creature in Esprit de Parfum and it's now a flat shadow of itself.
The Elixir of MP smells better. It smells dusky blue, very feminine in a patchouled way, not mellow nor creamy. It's not a happy friendly warm scent to snuggle. Not even caramel makes it more friendly. Yet it's not a cold scent. It's like a fire at distance.
It would have been a new glorious Poison after so many disturbing ones in the line, but it lacks some balance.
Lasting power is great and makes sense to money if you like the fragrance.
The bottle is also beautiful and dreamy but beware of the spray! I still have to find a tester in shops that work properly, without clogging, breaking or leaking.

chyprecat
chyprecat

I have a wee sample size of this; I think this is one of the most emotional perfumes I have encountered. When I take this in, it rouses sadness and happiness and intensity, deep down inside me. I sprayed one of those tester cards in a department store and keep it in the middle of a book that I am reading just now. My husband gives me a strange look when I lift the book to my face and inhale deeply, eyes shut, head tilted back slightly, faint trace of a smile playing on my lips. Will have to talk someone into getting it for me for my birthday!!! Oh, this is fabulous, elegant, exotic, sensuous and very very heady. I am besotted!!!

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

A beautiful and dark sapphire bottle containing precious nectar that will transform any girl into a dark and refined Cinderella.

The scent is sweet, gentle and floral with a twist of dark scented powder.
Beautiful.

**Girls BEWARE! Do NOT carry this bottle with the atomizer, as it will leak! Keep the cap on if you wish to carry the bottle.

juliane
juliane

It smells like a grown up party in an elegant architecture to me: People drinking champagne, you can see the small citylights and the midnight blue starless sky through giant glass windows, soul music, maybe even a piano playing jazz...really smells dark blue.
Veeeeery nice and sexy drydown, love the patchouly and the vanilla. It has a dark, mysterious warmth (not as warm as Hypnotic Poison, although somehow it reminds me of that).
Still I find it a bit too sweet and heavy for my taste and a bit too grown up. In my opinion this is for 30+.

guest_Mima
guest_Mima

i just bought crystal noir,but i changed mind right after :( .I first gave a try to midnight elixir at the local store,but all i got was a heavy rose slap.However,when i left i realized that a delicate sweet and kinda dark scent was coming from the spot i sprayed erlier.too bad i already opened crystal noir and cant return it for this. :( (Although i LOVE crystal noir,it doesnt seem doing well with my skin i guess.saaaaaad)

nyoka
nyoka

from the 1st spray,it was soft and fresh,later on a sweetness that was most pleasant,the deydown was gourmand,vanilla caramel but still light fresh.more for the 20s.

mellimoon
mellimoon

I like this scent a lot, but I've come to the conclusion that Pachouli reminds me of my overpowering Mother too much and that it doesn't suit my personality. This scent would suit a dark, mysterious, confident, powerful person imo.

Sugarcoats
Sugarcoats

I had to get use to the 'woody' notes in this bottle. I felt that it was a darker side of all the other Dior Poisons. it certainly did make me feel very grown up suddenly but the texture of this fragrance is still an enigma to me. I don't know why it attracts me so much but after trying it again, the rose and patchouli notes grew on me :)

lillybee
lillybee

Elixir surprised me. I was expecting a darker, woodier and creamier Midnight Poison and I got a lot sweeter and unidimensional one. The patchouli was almost sour green with the rose mixed with a prominent sweetness. It does die down afterwards but the sweetness remains. Now it's a vanilla - patchouli amber with a rose edge. I like the original better, it has more character and complexity and is sexier with its marked spicy woodiness and velvety roses.

Amanda79
Amanda79

Dark, Gothic, vampy and sexy are the words that come to mind while wearing Midnight Elixir. The name and smell matches the bottle for once! The smell is deep and rich, slightly sophisticated but with an edge. I've never tried Midnight Poison so I can't compare the two but I'm assuming they smell similar?

Elixir Midnight is a little strong at first spray. The first thing I notice is patchouli and roses, almost medicinal but in a fresh green, slightly sweet syrupy way. After wearing it only a few minutes the notes transform and tone down to an earthiness of dry patchouli, dried roses and powdery notes yet has caramel and vanilla adding slight sweet touches. Midnight is strong in smell but wears close to the skin, very pleasant and almost has a clean freshness while keeping its dark appeal. I like the balance and its easy to wear!

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I agree with hellolovely27,i loove midnight poison too and i am 22.It has to be one of the sexiest frags i have ever tried!Have you tried elle by ysl?Its very similair,i like it very much.

HelloLovely27

Well, I am 19 and i love this fragrance!
So if you like it you should wear it, don't worry about age limits :) I know i don't!

HelloLovely27

This is absolutely lovely! Very oriental and sweet.
If it were not for the rose notes i think it would be sickly sweet. I personally think this smells sweet without smelling like a gourmand. This might be because it is not straight vanilla and the carmel is sweet but people can't put their finger on what note it is exactly so they just think you smell "yummy".

I would wear this at night or if i have a special night out! I wouldn't wear it out on a warm day, it would be too over powering.

Sweet, Dark, Feminine, and Sultry.

Not frilly girly feminine, but a powerful and independent woman.

Simply Lovely!

x

atenais_only
atenais_only

I don't like it personally, but my mum was in love with this fragrance for quite a long time. There are too much vanilla and it makes it sickly sweet on my taste. Really a poison. Impossible to breath.

LORENA
LORENA

I have always been a big fan of Midnight poison, I bought a bottle of it a couple of years ago and I really adored it. So When I saw this new version I bought it without hesitation. In fact I had three important reasons to buy it..
First : The original version was one of my favorite perfumes ever.
Second: I had read about the notes of this one, and I could notice it was sweeter than the other and I really like sweet perfumes.
Third: The flaccon with the atomizer.. It is B E A U T I F U L... so romantic as well as elegant.

In fact this perfume is very beautiful and classy, so DIOR. The opening notes are wonderful, sweet , vainilla, and floral but after a few minutes the caramel notes rule , and the drydown keeps the same line of sweetness but acompanied with pachouli .
the staying power is great.
A sensual and charming fragrance.

but unfortunately there is something bad about it. The accesory which makes the flaccon soooo remarkable ( the atomizer) has a completely negative point. This atomizer makes the perfume to evaporate quickly, it´s such a shame if you are a collector and don´t want to wear the complete containing of the bottle, well , it is imposible to keep some perfume left, because it evaporates constantly. I guess the creators of this flaccon should work on this point in order to avoid evaporation.

Trvevil
Trvevil

This was strange. At first honey or patchouli. ( I can't detect what exactly) Then it turns to pleasant long lasting smell. Indeed, fairy-tale...
I more think that it was bad tester- it smelled like 'honey' - some perfumes when go bad has this 'honey' note - thick and unpleasant. Perfumes disposed to light and warmed up by all these lamps go bad- no wonder perfume in atomizer bottle gone bad. I still would like to try it fresh.

PR
PR

Initialy I liked it more than a 'Hypnotic poison', but it changed after few minutes, when I smelled strange soapy sour note in it which seemed to go stronger with every hour..

guest_Hollie
guest_Hollie

This is a strange one; at first sniff, it smells exactly like Vicks Vaporub to me! But there is something interesting about it, because i always continue to stand there sniffing for ages. Don't know why, maybe my brain is trying to wrap itself around the fragrance. I wouldn't wear this...the best i can say is, it's interesting.

Elixir Midnight Poison by Dior 3.97 out of 5 based on 247 ratings and 41 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Elixir Midnight Poison fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Elixir Midnight Poison, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Elixir Midnight Poison by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Elixir Midnight Poison by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.