Designers » D E » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

dislike

I have it: 2385 I had it: 1552 I want it: 1099 My signature: 139

leather
ozonic
Fahrenheit Dior for men Videos Fahrenheit Dior for men Videos Fahrenheit Dior for men Videos
Fahrenheit Dior for men Pictures Fahrenheit Dior for men Pictures Fahrenheit Dior for men Pictures Fahrenheit Dior for men Pictures Fahrenheit Dior for men Pictures

Fahrenheit by Dior is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. Fahrenheit was launched in 1988. Fahrenheit was created by Jean-Louis Sieuzac and Maurice Roger. Top notes are lavender, mandarin orange, hawthorn, nutmeg flower, cedar, bergamot, chamomile and lemon; middle notes are nutmeg, honeysuckle, carnation, sandalwood, violet leaf, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and cedar; base notes are leather, tonka bean, amber, patchouli, musk and vetiver.

Lavender Mandarin Orange Hawthorn Nutmeg Flower Cedar Bergamot Chamomile Lemon

Nutmeg Honeysuckle Carnation Sandalwood Violet Leaf Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Cedar

Leather Tonka Bean Amber Patchouli Musk Vetiver

Bora Bora Exotic for Men

Fahrenheit Fragrance Reviews

RayFlash
RayFlash

Oh, The Glorious Gasoline!

Perfect!

pdubrogers
pdubrogers

This is a good leather based scent. The leather reminds me a little of the ottoman cuir opening but then it goes into a serious violet note after a few hours on me in the dry down phase that reminds me of eau de cartier concentrate. A very good choice!

katuliena
katuliena

this is very very strong fragrance with character. I love it. I forced my boyfriend to buy it, because I wanted to smell this all day long on him. So sexy. This one is not for boys. This could be the signature fragrance for a man.

ddworkin
ddworkin

All I get is gasoline. Long lasting gasoline. Very dry skin and who knows what else is going on.

spartan
spartan

When I wear this I feel like I can take on anything the day will bring my way! I wore this in the 90"s and have had A bottle on hand ever since. It smells the same today as it did back then. As far as all the Flankers go the Original is still the King, hands down the best. Aqua and Absolute are incredible scents, I have both. Aqua defiantly for warmer weather and Absolute for cooler, kind of obvious. As previously mentioned they are great mixed together or as stand alone scents. The one thing I do know about these scents is that when you arrive wearing one, people around you will take notice. Women will come in for A second sniff, they are intrigued, males will stiffen up and pause to gauge you. What their sense of smell is really telling them is that an Alfa Male has just Arrived.

Aqua 8/10
Absolute 9/10
Original 10/10

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

I had Fahrenheit back in the day, circa 1993. Recently I've been testing it out again on paper at various department stores and airport Duty Frees. And I've had many full wearings on my skin with sample spray vials. To my nose and to my olfactive memory, something's fundamentally not quite the same with today's brew.

I'm sure the scent I recall from the 90's had a much more pronounced citrusy layer on top, adding a juicier freshness above that signature diesel mechanic petroleum note it's so famous for.

By comparison, when I smell Aqua Fahrenheit I detect that brighter, tangy citrus vibe I think is missing from today's Fahrenheit composition.

I could well be wrong. Maybe my scent memory has become a bit muddled in the intervening decades?

Anyhow, I've tried something out I'd like to share with you. I've experimented with layering samples of Fahrenheit together with Aqua Fahrenheit on a 1:2 ratio. Being somewhat 'heavier', Fahrenheit dominates the blend. But the addition of the 'lighter', fresher Aqua Fahrenheit adds a crisp sharpness that enlivens and elevates the mix nicely (perhaps Dior could release this formula and call it Fahrenheit Celsius).

As much as I respect and appreciate this ground-breaking, timeless classic, I'm unlikely to purchase Fahrenheit again. Not because of any perceived differences to the juice on my part, but because I'm enamoured with its darker, moodier sibling, Fahrenheit Absolute.

Mrbigbigtoe
Mrbigbigtoe

This is a great winter fragrance. It still lasts all day.
Just be careful in the summer because if you have too much of this on, you will choke some people out. NEVER wear this one if you are going to be around someone with breathing problems. This FILLS the room and in my case the first initial spray fills the whole house.

If you intend to wear it for romantic purposes, apply it 3 hours ahead if time and only use like 2 sprays max.

People need to treat this fragrance the same way women treat White Diamonds or Red Door. Too much and people will GAG.

SnowStorm
SnowStorm

I like this one. When I first smelled it, I would get the gasoline smell that other mentioned. After wearing it for a few times that initial gas smell stopped happening. Great longevity and silliage is pretty good. One problem was the wife didn't like this one as much. Traded it in on something else. I'll get this one back again some day.

lee_maccuckoo
lee_maccuckoo

So... this one was quite an enjoyable surprise for me. Just tried it this evening at a local fragrance store and I'm on my way to get a bottle. The thing about the oil/ gasoline opening note is true, and I must say I enjoyed the trick; however, the first thing that came to my mind was my uncle's old typography workshop and the smell of some kind of lub or grease he used to do the maintenance of those heavy machines. Also, reminiscences of the local garage... well, the best thing about Fahrenheit is that this first note lasts only enough to set the scene.

The heart, however, turns into something greenish, herbal, rich...I must confess that Fahrenheit in fact lived up to all the expectations I had when I decided to blind buy VC&A's Tsar, a fragrance I'm still struggling to fully appreciate (perhaps when winter comes...).

In a nutshell, Dior's Fahrenheit pays tribute to the tongue-in-cheek side of rock'n'roll: leather jackets, booze and cigarretes (that is definitely a smokers' scent) and a classic bike ride on the road. Can't wait to put my hands on that!

trevorstilerocks

It is not petrol or gasoline that you smell, but its leather, people! It's the same leather that you smell when you open a new louis vuitton bag or any designer bag that uses real leather. This fragrance commands respect and influence. This is the House of Dior's resident rockstar!

trevorstilerocks

This scent is PERFECTION! No one can deny the mystique and allure of Fahrenheit! This is a Dior masterpiece! It transcends age, sex and race. Perfect on all seasons! Smells great on everyone! Christian Dior named it perfectly! It heightens the scent as the temperature rises! Loving it profusely!

jeffersonfaudan

this is a good scent... strong and very identifiable... it can be mood dependent though... and it's not as versatile... and not the best on a hot weather... it can get cloying and offensive...but best when worn sparingly and people get whiffs of it... this is not a perfume you'd want to marinate in...

JJH1966
JJH1966

I'm pretty sure that petroleum smell everyone is talking about is caused by Iso-E Super, a synthetic aroma molecule used heavily in Fahrenheit. Iso-E Super by itself doesn't have much of an odor, but reacts to the wearer's body chemistry and can smell smokey, woody or even a bit like petroleum.

If you're interested in the effects of Iso-E Super on you, try Escentric Molecules "Molecule 01" which is a single note fragrance with only Iso-E Super.

ArschAngel
ArschAngel

I own a bottle produced in September 2013, the 3,4oz (100 ml) one. Many people talk about gasoline and petroleum, but I don't smell neither of these things in the opening. There is something harsh in it for the initial hour and half, I just can't identify it. After that it settles down and here's where my problem comes: I can't smell anything. I can get an occasional whiff of a really nice, floral, masculine fragrance but that's it. And after another 3 or 4 hours I can barely smell a nice leathery masculine scent and that's it. It doesn't mean the fragrance isn't projecting, it sadly numbs my nose to the point I just can't smell it anymore after the initial, strong and harsh hour. I need to try it on my friend, give him a couple of sprays and then meet him in a couple of hours so I can see how well it is actually projecting and how it actually smells like, lol. Other than that, I like it a lot because even tho I can't smell it, I KNOW I smell good. 8/10 give it a try (but don't just smell the cap and put it back in the shelf, spray some on your neck and wear it for a couple of hours)

insectatribe01
insectatribe01

Definitely not dated in my opinion. I've had so many compliments wearing this from friends and random people at bars! Rich, leathery and deep, but not dark, it's relaxing and almost comforting to me, probably from the camomile and lavander. One thing to remember... no overspraying Fahrenheit.

jfr1974
jfr1974

In the mid 90s I was one of those young men who literally swam in this juice. For a while even it was my signature scent until I discovered JPG Le Male in the late 90s. Today I tried for the first time in almost 20 years expecting to be transported back to my clubbing youth by this scent I so loved. Don't know why I had this sudden urge to revisit.

It wasn't a complete let down - however for the first 20mins all I could smell was that petrol/rubber note in a much sharper way than I ever remembered. It could just be me; I could have changed. I now enjoy more powdery renditions of rubber e.g. Midnight in Paris. The rubber screamed so hard in fahrenheit. It eventually gave way to the more floral/woody/spicy base I remember. That was more pleasant. So I'm slightly disappointed. May be it wasn't the right time to spray; who knows?

It's still a fine fragrance - so unique. Young folk give this a try.

dmhorton
dmhorton

This cologne is truly TIMELESS! For a cologne that is almost as old as I am, it doesnt smell dated at all. I love the orange/leather vibe i get from this. Its that combination that gives off the gasoline smell everyone talks about. I wear this one year 'round honestly. I am light on the trigger in the summer time and i can go maybe 3 or 4 sprays in the winter time. I get good projection and longevity on this one. Its a staple in my collection because everytime i wear it im getting a ton of compliments. I'd recommend it for anyone wanting a mans man scent for the collection

trmjkd989
trmjkd989

Dior Fahrenheit is a unique fragrance that transcends the barriers of what most fragrances usually are. It's soft, yet sharp. It's cold, yet warm. It's masculine, yet feminine.

Versatility - 4/4 (Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter)
Longevity - Long-lasting
Projection - Average

One Word To Describe This Fragrance - Paradox

Overall Grade - A

matheus.emer
matheus.emer

that is certainly a very different one! when i first tried it (blind bought it) , i found it so much odd and different from everything i have tried before, let's say i even disliked it a bit. But on the second try, man! what was that! A super masculine and pleasant fragrance , it first comes a little "punchier" when you spray it, but on the dry down, it's hard to beat this one! very good, 2 hands down to the great, Fahrenheit!

NOURNAGY
NOURNAGY

all hail to the king

what can i say about fahrenheit that havent been said already absolutly a gem a piece that every perfume lover should have in his wardrobe sometimes i open my wardrobe and take a sniff from it and enjoy how it smells and how the bottle looks its that good

so after owning dhi and fahrenheit mr christian dior hats off to you sir you know how to make perfumes

so when it comes to fragrance designers you are the KING

Grottola

Update:

The first formulation of Fahrenheit from the late 80's is probably the finest violet leaf fragrance I know of. Get some while you can.

lucasdeus94
lucasdeus94

What can I say about this legend that hasn't been said?

I just can say that after years buying and trying hundreds of colognes, I finally found my signature scent. I can use this one in any ocasion, day or night, cold or hot (though not extremelly hot - 32°c and under) weather. And this scent is really what I want to smell and be recognized for.

Before I start my review, I want to say something about that vintage-reformulation thread: yeah, there is a difference. But a small difference.
The vintage one that I had (a 1995 batch) lasts and projects a bit more, and has some some strong earthy feeling that I can't find on my reformulated (2013 batch) one. I've tested dozens of bottles and batches, and I concluded that this claim that the vintage is way better than the reformulated is only a purist thing. The reformulated one still is a masterpiece and has awesome longevity and projection. I just hope that a future reformulation don't mess up with this masterpiece. Trust me, folks: the reformulated one is very close to the vintage one. So, if you can find a vintage bottle easily and for a good price, buy it, but if you can't, grab a bottle of the reformulated one. It will give you almost the same scent and performance of the vintage and the same feel of wearing the masterpiece of cologne that Fahrenheit is.

Well, now I can start my review.

Fahrenheit is a scent that has three distinct fases, which the base is almost nothing like the opening. The opening is close to the heart that is close to the base. The transitions on this one are quick and huge.
It opens up with a petrol-like note that everyone knows and gones away within some minutes, and a fresh mandarin, chamomille and bergamot, with the violet leaf in the background, all of that with a mineral oily feeling. But it fades away very quick, about 30min after you sprayed it on your skin, and then it becomes floral with hints of leather and spices. The violet leaf is a main player here, with the honysuckle, lily-of-the-valley and jasmin doing the floral heart of this beauty. The nutmeg does and great job of balancing the florals and the leather/vetiver combo on the background does a great job of keeping the fragrance bold and masculine. There is some hints of the oily-petrol note in the heart of the fragrance. After 2 hours of the floral heart, we are going to enter the base. The base is a purely a woody and earthy leather scent with a hint of spices. The leather is by far the main player here, with vetiver and cedar in the background and amber to give a small hint of sweetness (mineral, not suggary-like) to balanceate the formula, also with the musk to give an animalic and rusty feel. The petrol and floral notes doesn' t exists no more and it will stay this way until the end of the fragrance. So, it is a fragrance that the three stages are very different and close to each other. The smell that you have on your skin after 5 hours of application is totally different from the smell of the smell that you have on your skin after 5min of application. It is a work of genius. Pure art and passion.

I use it with six sprays (one on the chest, two on the neck e one on each wrist).

Scent: 10/10 (Pure work of art. Timeless and unique. Masterpiece.)
Longevity: 9,5/10 (8 to 12 hours).
Projection: 9 (Projects heavy in the first 2 hours, then more 2-3 hours of moderate projection and it becomes skin.)
Sillage: 8 (Announces your entrance and when you leave the room, your smell will remain there for a good time.)
Versatility: 9/10 (Any ocasion, anywhere. But it is not made for extreme heat.)
Compliments: 9/10 (Although I never got a compliment gallore with this one, all of the compliments were higly positive. This is a seductive and sexy fragrance.)
Overall: 10/10 (I really cannot see myself giving less than 10 for this masterpiece. This is a gift to the world of the fragrances.)

It is a timeless work of pure genius, class and art, that is totally unique after more than 25 years of market. Thank you Dior for this staple in any collector's arsenal. Maurice Roger and Jean-Louis Sieuzac, you will have my eternal respect and grattitude for making this daring and unique scent.

hasanbenvidi
hasanbenvidi

سلام.اولش که این عطر رو اسپری میکنید تا یکی دو ساعت بوی نفت میده وفجور حس گرم بودن ایجاد میکنه بعدش کلا تغییر میکنه مقابل تحمل میشه.ماندگاری بالایی داره و خیلی خیلی عجیب غریبه . در اینکه قبل از خرید باید تستش کنید اصلا شک نکنید.

SheAlwaysSmellsGood
SheAlwaysSmellsGood

When a man or a woman walks into the room wearing this scent, my head immediately turns, my eyes close, and I just enjoy it. This is one of my most favorite scents of all time. When I was in my early 20s, it always smelled like leather and cucumbers to me. I was at a bar not too long ago and a few girlfriends were standing outside and the wind blew ever so lightly and I said, "Someone is wearing Fahrenheit!" It happened to be my female friend and it worked so good on her. I will never stop enjoying this scent so long as they don't change a thing!

DSun
DSun

I know a few people who like the smell of petrol aka gasoline. A few. Fahrenheit was made for those people. Evidently, the House of Dior wanted to innovate by mixing non-conventional ingredients. This is just my opinion, but they failed.

Kuggi
Kuggi

One of the best male fragrances ever made.
Fahrenheit is a legend and it still smells too go to be true.

To those of you who blame this perfume because of the reformulation:

Actually, there is no big difference between the original version and the newest version.
If you don´t believe it, then ask any perfumer about the differences between them.
The vintage version smells deeper and more edged, but the newest version is more elegant.
As I said, there is no big difference.
People, that claim the newest version has nothing to do with the vintage Fahrenheit, have no idea.

Vladimir0102
Vladimir0102

I just found a bottle (year 2009) of Fahrenheit.
Can anyone give me a feedback on this one?
Is it better than the current formulation?
Thank you!!!

Sherihan
Sherihan

From the notes mentioned, I detect: nutmeg,violet,camomile,and a little lavender. Relaxing,makes me smile. From testing on skin

SBreeden
SBreeden

I am a true Fahrenheit fan, loved it from the first sample spray back in the 90's. Can't explain it, but its a aroma that makes heads turn. When I wear it, man oh man, the compliments I received is amazing.

I have stop wearing it, because of financial reason, I just purchased (ordered) my first bottle (6.8 oz) in 6 years, I'm like a kid waiting for his new toy to arrived. I took a shower before I went to the store so I can spray some on me. Walking though the mall and the ladies turns and smiles, is priceless. DON"T TELL THE MISSES!!

All I can say, it is a wonderful, fresh, relaxing, sexual, exotic aroma. I feel, it is a must have for any mans collection.

If you spray to much, it is overpowering for quite awhile, but I love it.

I hear they change the formula, but the aroma is still the same to me.

SGB

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

This is in my top ten favorite colognes of all time. I wear it every other weak or so. I used to wear this just about everyday in the 90s. My wife adores it and sometimes wears it. I've stuck with this through the years, through the formulations, and love it...still. I'm a huge fan of wood notes w/floral, patchouli, and musk as well. When I want attention or in the mood for it this scent has never let me down. I always get that extra long / close hug from the ladies.

Highly recommended...

muncierobson

Used to LOVE this but I remember it lasting a LONG time and projecting WELL! If i put it on around 7am, I could still smell it coming home after 6pm!

Recent reformation? It's still detectable after 6 hours, but barely! It sits very close to the skin after the first hour as well!

Poor relation in terms of projection and longevity compared to DHI, ESP and Platinum Egoiste (some of my other favourites)!

:-(

gallian
gallian

Fahrenheit?

The vintage one, OR NOTHING!

Zealous
Zealous

A classic from the eighties. Still a unique and edgy vibe. Warm, woody smell with spice. I don't get the leather note.

happyscent
happyscent

Dior Fahrenheit sponsored by my uncle; diesel and citrus with strong violet leaf notes, I say this is a unique scent but does not project on my skin. It is long lasting if I rub my fingers on the spot were I sprayed I can still smell the fragrance, but I don't get the scent cloud I want or I spray too little, afraid that it will detonate a nuclear bomb

Laurdess
Laurdess

If you lived through the 80's .... Hopefully you left the Jordache jeans, members only jacket and mullet hair but took this cologne. This is a classic for a reason. I dare say ANYTHING that can make it out of the 80's and still be sought out deserves to be called a legend.

joezilla
joezilla

i have the latest formulation. i didn't get the petroleum opening, i got beautiful mandarins. then the dark side took over. the best way to describe the scent is a fresh breeze going through a tire store, or a freshly clean car that spent some time in the sun when you get inside. it's definitely fresh, but then you have this contrasting dark, sticky, burnt rubbery note in it. i'm not sure if i like it, but i can't stop sniffing. maybe it's acquired taste. longevity is ok, but i expected more from the projection. it's close to skin and you get that occasional whiff. my guess is it was toned down on purpose so it stays more wearable nowadays, but it's really a shame.
edit: i have just tested the vintage juice and it's like a difference between edp and eau de cologne. the vintage one has much more power and much more complexity. shame for dior.

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

Not my type, but I find it warm, and with personality, kind of smells like gasoline.

beogradbeogradbeograd
beogradbeogradbeograd

...I'm burnin' through the sky yeah,
Two hundred degrees
That's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit...
Very masculine, very warm, very good.
That is all. Masterpiece.
P.S. Mustache and nice leather jacket are nice companions to Fahrenheit.

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

1-31-2014
Believe it or not, my first cologne at the age of 14 was Fahrenheit. For some reason my dad gave it to me back in the mid ninetees.
Why Fahrenheit for a 14 yr old boy? I don't know what my dad was thinking.
I loved Fahrenheit at that young age and I will never forget the smell. It's just like your first girlfriend, you'll never forget her.

I am now 31yrs old and me and my wife just started collecting colognes/perfumes again about a year ago and me and my wife have close to 100 perfumes in our closet, but never purchased Fahrenheit.
For years I always had that question of why my dad gave me Fahrenheit when it was suited for him and not for me.
I will be purchasing one tomorrow and I have never been excited like this with all my past purchases.
I am hoping that Fahrenheit is still the same one I remember as my first cologne or atleast very close to it.

UPDATE: 2/11/14
So, I got my Fahrenheit along with Green Irish Tweed.
I was so excited that once the salesperson handed me my bag, I didn't reach for my first Creed, but for my Fahrenheit and opened it.
After 17 years of not holding this bottle, I sprayed 3 on my neck and one on each elbow pit and the first person that came into my mind was the person that gave me my first cologne, my first Fahrenheit....my dad.

Yes, I can tell the difference with the reformulated that I bought and it doesn't last as long. But It is still a great cologne and I will always have a stock, because just looking at the bottle reminds me of my dad.

This cologne will always have a sentimental value to me, it will always remind me of...my dad. Thanks alot dad! I miss you... = (

My overall rating 9/10

I LOVE this

First smelt it in 1988 aged 6 when walking through a department store in Singapore, and the over eager sales assistants were dousing everyone in it! I was 6 then! And covered in a cloud of mans perfume that smelt like sweets (parma violets are a fav)!

I am considerably older now and it still makes that same impression! It is truly unique, Fahrenheit smells like nothing else, though many attempts have been been to make something smell like Fahrenheit!

The violet dominates for me. It's sweet, sexy and masculine. It's definitely a perfume and I hardly notice any gasoline note... It is instantly recognisable and while the reviews on here are mixed, I've only had positive feedback!

I could wear it all year round but I guess it's character suits relaxed informal occasions. Strong sillage and longevity though it never smells harsh to me and I'm quite generous with my applications! The mandarin keeps it fresh for mild weather and the woods and spices keep it warm for autumn/winter!

I've changed quite dramatically since 1988 but my love of Fahrenheit remains! It still smells fresh today and is poles apart from the generic 'old man' citrus aromatics (which I've started to enjoy also since hit 30 lol)!

UrbanGypsy

I wrote a piece about this fragrance earlier when it didn't appeal to me much.. it was funny and still is.. but in the end, it was inaccurate.. I've left it up so I can wallow in the shame of the arrogance of my ignorance :).. but hey, nobody's perfect, we all make mistakes.. and so, I've put up my new and reviewed feelings on Dior Fahrenheit:

Fahrenheit.. is.. a classic... it really is.. It hits masculinity in exactly the right way.. Its not like those alpha male types you see in the club.. like condensed blobs of fear, pushing and shoving their way around the place.. too scared to feel you, too scared to get to know you, to scared to let you in... no.. Fahrenheit has a smooth sensuality to it, yet it is intensely masculine..

It flows to every corner of your being.. to every crevice.. into every cell.. and from there it explodes like a thousand sparks of light invigorating you, leaving you feeling satisfied and content.. stronger than before...

A great scent.. Masculine.. Sophisticated yet primal.. Classic.. very nice..

ScottyVizz

Such a classic. Dangerous, intoxicating, invigorating, naughty, fresh, powerful, ORIGINAL.

Casper112
Casper112

I will start by saying that Fahrenheit is not for everyone! Definitely try it on your skin before you buy a bottle of it. Never blind buy a bottle of Fahrenheit like I did. It is the type of fragrance that can leave lots of different impressions on people. Some may like it, some may hate it. I would say that if you prefer bold, masculine, "dirty" scents than safe scents you should check this out.

Sida Lee
Sida Lee

Not meaning to sound like an old cliché, but somehow Dior was able to put sex in a bottle when they created this gem. I am a 52 year old female who still feels a stir down there when I smell Fahrenheit. I could pass Quasimoto on the street, and if he's wearing Fahrenheit, he's going to put a big smile on my face.

There hasn't been a man in my life who did get the mandatory bottle of Fahrenheit. When I was between men, I wore it myself. Yes, it is that intoxicating and it has the power to bring out the minx in me. But like everything else, don't take a bath in it men, a single spray will do.

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

This juice is insanely strong, and that's no exaggeration. Probably the strongest one I own or have ever sampled, even stronger than Joop! Homme. Sillage and longevity are out of this world, especially for a Toilette. I wish all my fragrances had this kind of power...

Christian Dior`s Fahrenheit `does` open with a petrol vibe, kinda kerosene, but to me, this never really goes away throughout it's lifespan, I love it though. I'm on the fence about Fahrenheit... It's amazing stuff! So unique, stunningly handsome flacon, über masculine with all of it's overpoweringly strong Leather and Violet Leaf, totally 80`s, but it's just too linear. That`s my only gripe. Fahrenheit never really develops or `blossoms`. I get an opening and that's it! No heart, no drydown, just Leather, Honeysuckle, Hawthorn, Chamomile and Violet Leaf for ridiculous amounts of time that never softens or warms up, it just gets sharper, dryer and darker, almost prickly like a cactus as the hours go by and creates the olfactory hallucination of looking at a shiny and sparkly black flake paint job. It gets quite tiresome from the overload. The longevity and sillage of this stuff is just stupid and easily surpasses the 24 hour mark. I really love it a lot for it's sheer unique factor and amazing quality, but I find myself reaching for it less and less because I just get burnt out on it so quickly, and I literally cannot spray this anywhere near my neck or chest because it's so damn strong. I own a lotta fragrances and the power of Fahrenheit puts everything I own to shame. Every true Perfumista (Male or Female) that can appreciate most fragrances (Pour Homme or Femme) should own a flacon of Christian Dior Fahrenheit to truly enjoy something that's out of this world different, and to shock the hell out of your olfactory senses ever now and again. A definite recommendation!

jude1321

Legendary. That's the only word for this stuff. Sexy, dark, and about as unique as it gets. This offering from Dior is in the top 5 most important scents since 1980. I love this stuff, and it is a staple for any serious frag lover.

Jay T
Jay T

Can anyone tell me how this compares to Knize Ten?

Je ne peux pas croire que je n'avais pas essayé cette eau de Cologne avant. J'aime l'odeur du cuir, mais je n'ai jamais réussi à le porter. Ce parfum est ÉNORME! Je me sens comme j'ai été frappé sur la tête avec un bâton. Ma blonde dit il etais comme se faire frapper dans le visage avec la brique, et elle est un modèle de mode pour le cuir. J'ai détectée une plus fort senteur du encre pour à propos une heure et une plus plus fort senteur du cuir pour une solide quatre heures. Ce perfume besoin de beaucoup de patience, mais vous serez récompensé avec un beau lys de la vallée profonde dans le parfum ... c'est bien sûr si votre nez n'est pas trop fatigué, car celui-ci pique un peu.

tkomaigo77
tkomaigo77

The strangest thing happened today. I've disliked Fahrenheit forever. I've never understood it's popularity in spite of testing it numerous times. But today on my way back from the Guerlain counter I decided to give it another shot and wow, I got it.
I think it's the gasoline note that did me in.
I had the same initial reaction to Nostalgia Officina Profumo-Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella for men. My boyfriend loved it and I HATED it until my nose registered gasoline. I may need a small bottle to take for a test drive. What a surprise.

For another interesting new car scent check out Bvlgari Black which smells like rubber tires vanilla and amber or Nostalgia Officina Profumo-Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella for men. Same gasoline note but it's dry down is much warmer than Fahrenheit's which is quite cold and fresh.

UrbanGypsy

As far as being 'sexy'.. I can imagine real petrol being sexy from a female perspective, but this is definitely a "perfumed petrol".. so the whole imagery of a 'man who can work hard and ain't afraid to get his hands dirty' doesn't seem naturally linked to me..

Personally, I'd rather go to a garage myself, work on some cars, get a bit of dirt on my jeans, Tee, and maybe a bit on the face, do about 100 star jumps to work up a bit of a 'man smell', 'accidently' spill some real petrol on meself then head to the shopping mall on a Thursdy night when its packed and walk 'unassumingly' past groups of women as though I am totally uninterested in them whilst the whole of my being is on edge waiting to see if I, or my smell, is turning them on in any way, shape, or form....... hehehe.. sorry.. had to go there :)..

But honestly, its an interesting scent.. because of the reviews I have smelt it over and over again and so many people like it so I have a respect for it but it just never grabs me or makes me like it so.. I guess its just not meant to be..

-- Update --

Guess what I did today? I was walking past the Dior section and once again I walked straight over and tested this piece.. except this time I did something different.. I took the Dior testing card in one hand, picked up Fahrenheit in the other, and literally sprayed the hell out of it... I held it up to my nose and..... ahhhhh ALAS! Finally something... it has finally given me something..
its the animalic factor I like.. its like it is inside of that petrol note.. like right in there.. 1 or 2 sprays just gives you a bland perfumed petrol scent.. you gotta spray the hell out of this baby to make it work.. And when it works, its hot.. it is..
I get fire, I get masculinity, I get wildness.. the animalic factor.. who cares what it smells like when its giving you these things lol.. so there it is..... peace at last.. amen..

Teahupoo
Teahupoo

Fahrenheit is a classic! Everybody should have this in their collection!

It still smells very modern...don't worry about smelling like an old man guys, you won't...

Very masculine and sexy...no girl ever said a bad thing about this...they either like it or go crazy about it...so this says a lot! Put this on and walk with your head held high...

I agree 100% with bhougland's review. This is the essence of men...OORAH!!!

ahmedyoussif4000
ahmedyoussif4000

it reminds me with chemical lab .
i didn't like it .

GRAF
GRAF

What can I say... all time classic. Masterpiece. One of my favourite scents. Excellent longevity and sillage. Truly oriental masculine fragrance.

jht4060
jht4060

The most distinctive and commented-upon note in Fahrenheit is the gasoline-like note that is particularly strong at the start. I rather like the note (and I love Fahrenheit), but apparently some people loathe it or can't smell it at all. I decided to figure out what was responsible, and it was not easy.

After much reading and sampling of scents I can buy on-line, I have concluded that this gasoline-kerosene note is the molecule styrene (produced naturally in the resin of the trees Liquidambar orientalis and Liquidambar styraciflua). The distilled oil from this resin is usually called styrax or storax, and has some of the scent character of benzoin, which confusingly comes from the tree Styrax benzoin (despite the name it is in a different order of plants from Liquidambar - a rather distant relative, about as related as humans and elephants). Unlike benzoin, styrax can have a prominent gasoline-like note from styrene.

Here is a quote from distiller Steffen Arctander:

"Steam distilled styrax oil is a pale yellow to almost water-white, viscous liquid with an odor that is very rich, balsamic-sweet, floral and somewhat spicy, reminiscent of lilac, hyacinth, etc. although it has a distinct topnote of hydro-carbon character, unpleasant and actually not wanted. The topnote can be disposed of by leaving out the “heads” of the steam distillate but, on the other hand, many customers expect this styrene note and it also mellows in to a great extent after some time."

Styrax oils that I obtained from two different sources have the exact Fahrenheit top note to my nose. Either Dior adds pure styrene to Fahrenheit or they use a styrax oil with the styrene deliberately left in.

By the way, styrene is known to most people because it is the monomer component of the plastic polystyrene (and its foamed variant styrofoam). It isn't healthy in large amounts, such as you'd get if you used it as a solvent in a factory, but in small amounts it is probably harmless. It was originally made from styrax resin (hence the name styrene) but is much more cheaply made synthetically from petroleum these days.

originaldeftom

Instead of producing flanker after flanker of "DIOR Homme" (just like YSL does it with "Homme") couldn't the monsieurs of DIOR give us the ORIGINAL Turbo Diesel version back?
Okay, so the EU forced them into a reformulation, resulting in this EdT being rather elusive.

Who else yearns for an Intense version or even better a proper Eau de Parfum of "Fahrenheit"? Or even a PARFUM?

Why are there no perfume concentraions available for men?!?

The market needs a big shake up! Who is in it?

Adler
Adler

A very nice cologne, but so different from what I've come to expect. Got my first bottle recently.

You spray it, and there's an interesting tug-of war between two very different olfactory combinations.

On one hand, you have the industrial, gasoline, asphalt, burnt-rubber smell.

But on the other, more dominant hand, you have a very fresh smell. It's aquatic, fruity, and somewhat cool. I get melon, cucumber, honeysuckle, jasmine. People mention citrus, but I notice little to none.

Amber and Tonka are inevitable for a cologne like this. Throw in some sandalwood and a tiny bit of cedar and musk, and boom.

All of it bound together with the (pleasantly) overwhelming and versatile smell of leather, and you have a very wearable fragrance. What's strange is that industrial petrol smell comes and goes.

-Scent 8/10
-Sillage/Projection 7/10
-Longevity 7/10

Overall a good cologne. Versatile, can be worn by pretty much any age or type of man. My only qualms are that after reading so much about it, I had slightly higher hopes than an A- cologne. I can only assume that the pre-reforumlated variety was perfection in a bottle.

Used in moderation, it can be fresh and subtle, good for even a mild summer day. A few small spurts and you have an aquatic, fruity cologne that could be worn to work. If you're a bit more liberal with atomizer, it's more seductive as the motor oil and tarry hot asphalt come out.

I guess it could be described as eating fruit salad at a gas station, sitting in a convertible muscle car with Italian leather seats, and a bouquet of assorted flowers for your wife in the seat beside you.

hossein_gi
hossein_gi

it's amazing cologne.it wasn't smelled like leather or petrol. i don't know why everybody said that. in my opinion, it's smelled very greeny and little aquatic.spicy like bleu de chanel. i have fahreheit32 too and i think it's very look like that but it's better.last longing and stuff are great.
welcome to my new top 5.
در عوض خیلی ها که می گن این عطر بوی گازوئیلی یا چرمی داره به نظر اصلا این طور نیست. شاید خودتون چنین حسی کنید ولی اطرافیان یه بوی سبز و آبی رو حس می کنن که فوق العادست. زن ها عاشق بوش هستن.این عطر جزء 5 عطر برتر من تا امروزه. ماندگاریش خیلی خوبه

hasan abdul
hasan abdul

There is something special about this one. since i was young i was addicted to this fragrance. I get watermelon and grassy notes somehow. Classic goodness in a sexy bottle.

rodolfo
rodolfo

Simply put, this is the smell of Masculinity!
Fahrenheit transcends what a perfume can be. It evokes images to the mind.

Life is not as easy as you thought it would be. You've learned by now that it can be cruel and scary, and if you let it, it will hit you very hard and keep you on your knees.
So what's it gonna be?
Will you lie down and cry like a pussy?
Or will you stand up and fight like a beast?
Are you man enough? Can you handle it?
That's what Fahrenheit is asking in your face!
It's the inner fight with yourself. It's like ceasing to be a boy and becoming a man that's in control of his own life.
Now you're ready to take on the world.
That's how I feel when I wear this masterpiece.

Now, performance wise, this is a monster: with one full spray it radiates far from me and can even fill a room sometimes. It lasts until the other day too. You're gonna have a hard time putting on another cologne the next day, cause it lingers.
Most ladies find this super sexy. Compliments galore.
Even if some girl doesn't like the way it smells on you(which is rare), who cares? You're the man and you don't need permission from anybody to smell badass. She'll love it eventually, you'll see.

Projection: 5/5
Versatility: 3/5
Compliments: Almost always.
Extreme Compliments: Of course!

The only mature fragrance that is still very modern. Timeless!

Overall: 5/5

Giog
Giog

Today silver, before the reformulation was GOLD. I LOVE Fahrenheit!

MachoMan
MachoMan

Soooo great!!!! This is pure gold! Even with all dior reformulations it is still beast!
I'm really glad this fragrance still exists, and i hope it will be in production forever. wooow that violet leaf, the petroleum aroma ,mmmm this is def. my pick, women really love it on me, my ex girl always told me i should only wear this one :)

I'm fahrenheit, fahrenheit is me ;)

cdresz
cdresz

This is heavy. This thing wraps itself around you like putting a bag over your head. One squirt just made me gasp for fresh air and I couldn't get any relief until I showered the juice off. The car ride home from Penny's was the longest 4 miles ever.

kleblanc863
kleblanc863

Reformulation or not, this stuff is timeless. I will always have a bottle on hand. Love it so much I use it from time to time as a car freshner.

orestes
orestes

before the refolmulation...... marycon

marycon
marycon

Probably the best fragrance ever created!!!

nicolettebee
nicolettebee

This was my favorite go to scent when I was a younger girl in the early 90's. I wore it constantly with vintage dresses and girly make-up. I loved the woodsy leather scent dearly, despite it's extreme masculinity. In my 30's now I don't think I could pull off such a strong iconic scent but for my youth it was simply fitting and perfect.

I had a chance to smell the reformulation and there is something missing, some depth and complexity. It's far more pedestrian now.

As an aside, I was given a bottle of Zents Ore which reminds me a great deal of Fahrenheit. I wear it very sparingly but when I do, I think of Fahrenheit immediatly.

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

TMI alert: I think the first time I inhaled this....MASTERPIECE of a male fragrance it induced my ovulation. Sorry for being so unashamedly expressive about it but it is the plain truth. I wasn't sure at the time what ingredients made up this bewitching fragrance but goodness me it was a bit much for my then teenager self to take! I was all blushes and giggles when I caught a whiff of this. I felt terribly naughty and hoped I'd someday find a boyfriend who I can spray this on (and would like it).

It was masculine, sexy, versatile, reminded me of those diamond in the rough sorts that can step off a Harley-Davidson and still look good in an Armani suit. An all-around man. A do-er not a talker.

I will mention that I haven't sniffed the latest formulation of this, therefore I cannot offer opinion. But, I will say I am happy to have known this fragrance in its heyday and it holds nothing but feel good memories for me.

nero77
nero77

In 1988 Dior decided to break the mould in terms of men's fragrances and decided to go in a different direction, by turning the established system on it's head. What they managed to create was something entirely unique (even today). They succeeded in creating a truly remarkable and very masculine floral (by using violet, nutmeg, carnation, and a lot of leather).

The result? Something which smells beautifully modern even today. In a word - timeless.

I believe that years later Dior would turn the world of male perfumes on it's head for a second time (with their metrosexual floral leather release 'Dior Homme'). However for many people, this is considered their best masculine and I think it's one of the most unique designer masculine fragrances ever created.

Instead of the Leather-Iris combination used in Dior Homme, here it's Leather and Violet, a pairing which gives off what many people term "sweet motor oil".

Before actually wearing this on my skin, I tried the luxury 'soap' of this for years, never finally wearing the fragrance itself until now. To me this can't be categorised purely by a "gasoline" smell (and I happen to like the smell of petrol). To me, this fragrance smells like an incredibly clean version of petroleum. Imagine a mechanic who after working a long day with the car grease and motor oil, then decided to take a really good bath or shower with luxury, high-quality soap. After he's finished, he smells clean and fragrant, but the original petrol note is under all the soap, and because of this, now starts to smell "clean" as well. Of course this is also a perfectly blended fragrance, and you'll struggle to put your finger on why exactly this smells as good as it does. The combination of violet leaf, leather, nutmeg, musk, geranium, lavender and carnation makes this extremely masculine. However it could be worn very well by a woman because it's also sweet at the same time. It's addictive!

I think the marketing concept of Fahrenheit was a perfume of contrasts. Specifically Hot and Cold, or "Fire and Ice". Fahrenheit is a measurement of temperature, and as a result applies to burning, boiling heat and also icy cold. As an olfactory sensation, Fahrenheit straddles the line between these two extremes, and does it beautifully.

I will say that this smells just as modern as it ever did 25 years ago, and could easily be released today and go on to be a number one hit. It's unique, nothing out there smells like it. It's not like Cool Water (also released in 1988), which went on to spawn the aquatic craze of the 1990's, and as a result is starting to smell a little dated by today's standards.

This has lost none of it's originality. It is well worth it's reputation. I believe that it can be worn by almost anyone and in any season. It needs no introduction. It is what it is (even in our time)... original, unique, & unmistakably beautiful!

jeffersonfaudan

one of the scents that you can never forget!
very potent despite the reformulation!

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

Reformulated, yes. But still one of the greatest scents ever !

boogiewoogie
boogiewoogie

this is just like what I am wearing today Kiton Black - without pepper only !! all time classic from Dior !!

jaxxsun
jaxxsun

I was at ultra the other day. And I could not help sniff and spraying a few things on. I saw this old favorite and sprayed some on. I figured that I would ignite some good memories. But to my surprise. I was not over come with memories. More like self disappointment. This Great cologne did not smell all that great on me, as I remembered. But I still have some good memories of when I wore before

Javy_Medz
Javy_Medz

The leather! that's that bitter/sour thing i could not put my finger on! Just leather and car oil. So challenging... so abstract... Having a refined taste is key to enjoying this because everyone else didn't like it one bit. Hahaha. Definitely something to wear for yourself rather then for others. Takes the cake for masculine-ness. DONT BLIND BUY THIS. GRAB A SAMPLE AT ALL COSTS.

Minapia
Minapia

Gasoline?. Well, then it is the most luxurious gasoline out there...

Manly, classy, attractive and very addictive. Love it!

Joopman1
Joopman1

When its all said and done, the new formulation is nothing compared to the original vintage formulation ! It actually kind of makes me feel like im being cheated wearing the new formulation! Their maybe other frags that come close but nothing could ever compare to to that powerful petroleum note that lasts forever, and is picture perfect for winter! I have to get my hands on at least a decant of the original before Christmas ! The vintage is 10/10

Nil3
Nil3

I literally could not stop kissing my my then boyfriend. Pure erotic in a bottle. It's like the Mozart of perfumes was behind this one.

edge42

For everyone that has owned both the original and the new reformulated version, is it worth buying the new one? The original is hands-down my favorite fragrance of all time. Will the reformulation live up to expectations?

CozyCat
CozyCat

OH MY G-D...This stuff is so hot, macho, sexy! It smells like the manliest of men! Leather, woods, greens, herbs, spices, smoke, musk, and a tiny splash of petrol (no, it will not make you smell like a greasy mechanic or a petrol station)...simply amazing!! It smells fresh and clean, yet dirty and hot at the same time...just a couple spritzes of this will work even in summer days...I used to think Obsession was the sexiest male scent I've ever sniffed, but now that I've sniffed this gem, Fahrenheit is more deserving of the title (I still love Obsession though, it's still in my top 5 yummiest scents on men). It wears best on men over 35, especially those dark and rugged (but still refined, elegant and successful enough to be suited up) types. I'm making my fiancee get this, and I'd love this to be his signature.

edge42

This isn't just a masterpiece from Dior, it is their pièce de résistance.

Easily my most loved fragrance of all time (so far)! Unabashedly masculine, unique and suitable for almost any occasion. This was my signature scent for years and as soon as I get another bottle of the original formulation it likely will be again.

I have worn this 10x more than any other fragrance since I first discovered it in highschool back in the 90's and don't think I'll ever tire of it's intoxicating aroma.

Score: 10++/10

Anon_gibs
Anon_gibs

Dirty motor oil. Gasoline. Worn leather. Draped over memories of air freshener Is there a place in your wardrobe for such a scent? Quite possibly...

This combination of notes yields a very masculine smell. Its certainly. Not for everyday wear nor for most occasions. Its very muddled n likely the " dirtiest" frag on the mArket since its creation. The only thing ive smelled that even comes close is polo blAck. But it smells more of tires... Much cleaner.

This juice has steadily stood the test of time but likely has a very particular following. Its not an alluring or versatile scent. It certainly will not appeal to those that tend to enjoy citrus, green, woody or fresh frags. Its very dark n dank... Greasy smelling. Especially for first hour then it does soften to a degree...

I am not hating on this juice but suffice it to say it isnt my fav. If ur looking for leathery scents there are a couple of others that are much nicer n certainly more forgiving.

As a collector, all of us have this in the mix but it is not a " go to" kind of frag at all.

To be frank, i find it dark n depressing... Not something i enjoy. But, as I always say... Each frag smells differently on each of us... This is just my humble impression of the stuff!!!

Enjoy!!! Ciao!

ed

Just purchased a 10ml bottle of the 'vintage' version from eBay. Wow, it's just as I remembered it.

The current formulation is good, but the original is a phenomenon.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

really nice. to me it kinda reminded me of being outside in the snow with a wood fire going. i get a musky leather with lavender jasmine nutmeg and cedar. its got some sweetness to it. i can kinda get a grease vibe from it. i imagine a guy working in a shop who puts on his leather coat and starts a fire in the snow. a strong man of few words. a sweet man though. i wish it was a little fruity and then i would totally wear it. like if it had some plum and rose or something.

sensual.

pharhanbadar
pharhanbadar

it was once my signature fragrance and was truly a manly and sensual juice but then reformulation took place and the speciality of this cologne died. Now it would be just a waste of money if you gonna buy this.

zaetown
zaetown

Wow, how did I sleep on this one, this stuff is the bomb biz, leather, musk, mandarin orange,patrolleum gas type smell is all masculine to me, my kind of fragrance, I've just started wearing DF and it works great if ur the kind of guy like me that spends quite sum time in t-shirt and workpants and boots. I'm a fireman and this is also my work scent (perfect). Firefighter,Fahrenheit, get it?

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

After many years later, I finally purchased my second bottle of Fahrenheit. Everything about the first spray came back to me. I agree with those who described the aroma as petroleum in the first 15min which dies out after.
When the frag dries back, it continues to stay strong with the base notes of leather and a very strong note of violet leaf.
I also find this cologne a very rooty/woodsy base from nutmeg and cedar with a faint aroma of lavender/ carnation giving this frag the most distinguished frag that is out there.
Longevity is like most Dior frag's...superb !!!!
Sillage is the same...EXCELLENT.

Overall thoughts

The fact that Fahrenheit is still being produced and is still being stocked on stores selves as well all the attention on the HATE or LOVE of this frag is like a CLASSIC MOVIE....some like it and some just don't. The allure of this frag is a testimonial to this frag.

When I first purchased my first bottle I didn't understand why everyone was going crazy buying this frag. My first purchase was more of reaction of being part of that Fahrenheit Club. Now, over 20yrs later I have had many frag and I consider Dior's Fahrenheit as a real unique frag that can not be mistaken. I have always said that a good fragrance will last over 8hrs...Fahrenheit surpasses that.
For those who enjoy this fragrance but find that the bottle you purchased is not like the store...there's a reason.
NO fragrance company will acknowledge it but its the truth. Instead they will tell you otherwise which is rubbish. Get a hold of tester if you can find one and buy it...WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT MAKES. I currently have a tester, there is a reason why they use it in the stores. Think about why??? the tester why its not for sale is that it has slightly more oils and the strength of the notes being used is slightly stronger. Think of how many times you purchased a frag because you loved it from when you sprayed it on your skin. How many times has it happened that the purchased product didn't last as long.
In my opinion, Dior's quality is INSURMOUNTABLE, FABULOUS and EXQUISITE. If you don't agree go squeeze a lemon..

mandaryn

As I read the other reviews I'm sensing that the current formulation of this has gone to shit, and that breaks my heart. My mostly empty bottle must have been bought at least 15 years ago (not kidding), and it's beautiful, and to think that I might never be able to replace it is disappointing because NOTHING is this unique anymore (well...I have a bottle of BVLGARI BLACK that might argue the point) and I mourn the loss of good fragrance for the sake of making sure that 0.3% of the population don't get a sensitizing reaction. For those folks, no offense, but FRAGRANCE IS NOT YOUR THING. So please quit bitching and let the rest of us enjoy it the way it was meant to be.......ruined my f'n day......

mandaryn

The first fragrance I bought for myself. Few scents are crafted this well, as each of the notes are beautifully preserved throughout the day. It was what I wore when I was 17. My last bottle sat 1/3 full, neglected for quite some time. Today I pulled it out and sprayed some on my arm; it's moved back up to the front of the shelf. For those that like this one I believe it has an almost narcotic allure. For those that don't...try it again. In a time when fine fragrances are a dime a dozen, this was a master stroke.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

Don't believe the hype!..TRY BEFORE U BUY!!..This put me in a bad mood. lol at first spray it didn't smell too bad but as it dried down I couldn't wait to get home and scrub this off.... definitely unique, very potent, and mature. ONE spray was too much for me! the scent is very overwhelming...smells like flowers doused in gasoline..im also getting a Vicks vabor rub smell in the dry down...lasts forever...this would be perfect in colder weather...just not my style .PASS!

lgbailey86
lgbailey86

The difference between liking this fragrance or not is the same as preferring a Camembert to a Brie. The Brie is simpler and has appeal to a wider variety of people. But those that appreciate the depth and complexities of the Camembert that some find offensive understand its magnificence. One of the most addictive scents in production. Orange sun setting into gasoline and violet leaf sea and all melting over leather.
More than any other scent I've put my nose on, this is a try before buy situation.
I love it. But some people certainly wont. It does have some very clean aspects in the mid but the open is fairly dirty, which again, I love. But not everyone will.
Also, the new formulation may not be as intoxicatingly dirty and interesting as the original, but the reformulation in no way ruined this scent - definitely still stands out in an amazing way.

BoergeSmalls
BoergeSmalls

I Bought this because of all the hype surrounding it, but i was largely disappointed, i felt the smell was overpowering and dirty, at the end i ended up giving it away, definitely not a fan of this.

lasdo
lasdo

Tengo una borella de 200 ml de esta fragancia. Si alguien quiere intercambiar algunos Ml yo estaría encantado ya que no necesito tanto jugo de Fahrenheit.

Soy de Durango, México así dentro de la república no tendríamos problemas intercambiando. Saludos

pjd1234
pjd1234

Fahrenheit a classic its been around for ages and a staple for a reason. Fahrenheit and cool water were my first perfumes back when I was 10 years old lol I remember over applying fahrenheit maybe 6 sprays and fill up the room and the scent trail is enormous you can smell from afar. Fahrenheit is not a compliment getter I believe its a love or hate scent in my experience compliments are a 50/50 some like it some dont but as for me I love it as my motto with perfumes I wear my scent to please me not to please you so if you dont like it PISS OFF. The scent is pretty easy to describe the over all scent as I describe it is an orange or mandarin soaked in gasoline or diesel fuel I mean that in a very good way the violet leaf is prominent all way through with citruses making that mandarin orange soaked in gasoline vibe but as the scent ages it mellows down to an orangey citrus for me its a linear scent it does evolve just a little bit but very straight forward you will get that orange soaked in gasoline of a vibe til the end of the scent. Overall all its a warm unique scent. I use it all year around just adjust how much you spray overall a very warm and conforting scent definitely one of the timeless classics.

longevity 9/10 easily 8-12 hours this one last for a long time

sillage/projection 10/10 Fahrenheit projects very strong and to be honest offensive if not used properly so easy on the trigger I believe projection varies on skin but overall monster in projection.

uniqueness 9/10 very unique very original nothing else like it in my opinion the first of its kind.

overall smell 9/10 high remarks for me on this one a timeless classic for me indeed Fahrenheit is a scent that I will always have in my collection.

price vs quality 9/10 200ml for 100 usd retail is quite a very good deal and a steal ofcoarse also available online fo much less. fairly priced for its quality of juice.

versatility all year for me hot, cold, humid days it stands out. overall I really appreciate dior having this masterpiece running throughout the years its a keeper I don't understand some of the manufacturers like Gucci discontinued pour home 1 or ysl abandoning m7 and opium and even d&g ruining the original pour homme if dior can do it with Fahrenheit why cant they.

hgonzalez
hgonzalez

I don't know what formulation have (i purchased in 2011 aprox). It's a nice, manly, strong and unsual scent.

PROS:
- It's a classic.
- Very different (in a good way) to the other fragrances.
- Projects and last a lot.
- Masculine

CONS:
- If over apply, can offend to somebody

For me, it's a must have. Definitly worth the try.

Regards.

petrus
petrus

Magnificence pour soirée d'été au bord de la mer. (Vintage)

Senteur 10/10 Comme tous les grands parfums, Fahrenheit mérite un usage approprié qui ne soit pas quotidien sinon, il risque de fatiguer. Pour ma part, ça a été ma signature pendant près de 13 ans, de 1989 à 2002. Et oui, à la fin, il m'a fatigué.
Ce parfum exprime sa splendeur le soir, en été, de préférence au bord de la mer. C'est ainsi que je fis sa rencontre pour ma part par un échantillon, et quel surprise ! Ce parfum sent une plante marine odorifante qu'on trouve au bord de l'Atlantique et sa senteur se marie parfaitement à l'odeur de la mer, au bord de la plage, en été : c'est là qu'il développe sa magnificence, c'est là qu'il mérite sa note de 10/10. L'autre usage adéquat serait plutôt en hiver de jour, mais sa note serait un peu inférieure.

Sillage 2/2 Parfait.

Longévité 2/2. Plus de 6 heures facilement.

Masculinité 2/2 Masculinité rayonnante, écrasante, charmeuse, sensuelle, sexuelle, cérébrale, complète. Trop complète pour un usage quotidien.

Evolution 4/4 Se marie avec votre peau. Vous faites corps avec lui, il vous enveloppe de son cuir raffiné.

TOTAL 20/20 Chef d'oeuvre

ZELJO

overdosis of this one are dangerous, not bad, but old fashioned, for winter nights, terribly dirty smelling for warm weather days

lister
lister

I always wanted to try it,this cologne was very popular about 10 years ago.But for some reason I never got to smell it.Noticed it was on sale at Boston store and i had a gift card,so I specifically went to buy it.Good thing I tried it first...I sure pick up nutmeg and cedar notes, that fade quickly, but the most loud note is...LEATHER?No.It's more of a strange note that reminds me gasoline or oil paint.I thought it's my nose,playing tricks on me after morning spritz of my hermes and I thought I will take shower and will come back all clean and fresh without wearing any scents,so my nose will not get confused.It didn't work.I still smell oil paint after applying Fahrenheit,and it's kind of nauseating smell.

Layzie
Layzie

This classic fragrance is beloved by most people I know. This is another one that doesn't work for me, though. The fragrance store people were surprised at how light it smelled on me and how quickly it faded. After a minute, I smelled nothing on my skin. Sorry I can't provide a description of the notes, but I still have no idea what it smells like after three tests on me.

Try it before purchasing.

anna.dkr5

I used to love it and wear it. Now, it gives me headaches. Lately, I haven't been able to stand leather perfumes.

CDGfan
CDGfan

DO NOT BOTHER buying this fragrance its been butchered with the current formulation, its just a watered down woody leather scent. The IFRA regulations have literally destroyed this fragrance. I have sample of a 2004 bottle on my left arm and a current sample on my right arm. The old formulations has this deep green grassy lawnmower note and it projects ! The sample on my right is just a very weak woody leather with little projection. RIP Fahrenheit.

livio.marucci
livio.marucci

This is the "Leather Perfume"! It smells like my black leather jacket... It is extremely masculine, the nutmegs and amber notes give him a hot sensation... but you can still feel the freezing notes of musk and violet leaf... it is the dichotomy Dior mention on their commercials... hot and cold... air and earth... water and fire... And the Leather of this is the best... it would be great for leather or bikers fetichists ... The fixation is outstanding and it has a long projection...
If there is a ultimate Rocker this is the perfume he would wear...
Marvelous...

petranfx

I understand and i respect your words i think that i am teen but i always try to be different for the public.I think you must give to fahrenheit a another one try it deserve it.

mikkov26 you havent got unique taste thats why you like voyager

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

Don't even try to locate the "Real Farenheit" in the current reformulation. It's totally gone. Only a whisper of violet leaf remains.

Just short of a drugstore fragrance.

AVOID

gsevrain
gsevrain

Con un aroma agradable lo hacen una opcion a tener en cuenta, es recomendable usarlo en otoño e invierno, tanto de dia como de noche, varonil. Con una durabilidad de entre 6 hs y 7 hs. Una fragancia que deja la estela al pasar. Calificacion General 7/10.

Jose Marcos

I agree with GMK, I like it a lot, love the conception, but cannot bring myself about wearing it for it seems to be not my style and I find very difficult to find an appropriate occasion to wear Dior Fahrenheit. But, sometimes I wear a little bit before go to bed, somehow it makes me feel a need a good rest after a very hard working day. It wasn't really, but ...

GMK
GMK

There are so many things in this world which an ordinary mind like mine cant understand and Fahranhiet is probably one of them , i really cant understand and unable to decide whether to praise it or regret it but its a very beloved scent of many , so i just say i cant stand it. watching people go ga ga about this and i only detect a brand new TYRE.

Guilherme Fernandes
Guilherme Fernandes

Fahrenheit is the best night-time fragrance!!!

Fahrenheit is powerful, modern, sexy, intriguing, smells expensive and very manly.

It opens with the mysterious and powerful fuel note and goes almost 1 hour with this.

After 1 hours, Fahrenheit calms down and become more woody, spicy, leather and a little floral.

obs: if you want a long time longevity (more than 12 hours), you can spray more than once... but beware to do not overspray!

Fragrância/Fragrance: 9/10
Fixação/ Longevity: 9/10 (7-8 hours)
Projeção/ Sillage: 10/10 (It has an awesome sillage- beast mode for 3 hours easily)
Versatilidade/ Versatillity: 7/10
Try/ Buy/ Pass: Try

Fahrenheit é a melhor fragrância noturna!!!

Fahrenheit é poderoso, moderno, sexy, intrigante, cheira caro e é muito masculino.

Ele abre com a misteriosa e poderosa nota de combustível e segue por quase 1 hora com ela.

Depois de 1 hora, Fahrenheit "se acalma" e se torna mais amadeirado, especiado, notas de couro e um pouco floral.

obs: se você deseja uma grande fixação (mais de 12 horas), você pode aplicar mais de 1 spray... mas cuidado para não exagerar!!

hedward
hedward

Starts with a blast of über masculine gasoline and violet leaf that quickly dries down into a weird leather grass combo that pulsates with a major sillage for 4-5h. Finally after the confusing green heart stops pumping a rather sweet amber tonka combo pairs up with the leather conjuring a TREMENDOUS yet feminine scent that stays close to skin for a few more hours.

This is like the counterpart of TM's Angel. Angel starts with feminine berries and dries down to spicy and masculine dark chocolate. Fahrenheit in turn opens with grass and gasoline but ends up being sweet leather and soft as a babys butt. In other words sure Fahrenheit could be labeled unisex just like Angel.

Very very unique, great longevity, proper sillage, mature, timeless yet a bit outdated, great quality as expected from Dior. I wanted to compare this with F Absolute (which due to incense is a winner for me) but they are both absolutely genial in their own league so that wont be necessary.

Smell 8/10 x 2
Longevity / Potency 8/10
Versatility 4/10
Complexity 9/10
x2

Overall score 74/100

Fahrenheit and I have a long history...Love it now as much as I did when I first encountered its warmth. It was 1989 and it was my friends dads...been hooked ever since. I don't currently own a bottle simply because it is very powerful stuff and it's nice to have a break every now and again.
I get a lot of sweet violet and vetiver from it...strong & beautiful and about to get revisited by me... Might try the aqua one?
It will always be a favourite of mine. A true classic and no mistake.

kanak
kanak

The first time i smelled this classic was in 91 when one of my classmates came back from summer vacation with this along with Drakkar Noir and CK Obsession. The other two were nice ( I was 15 years old, what did I know) but Fahrenheit was something very different. Had never smelled anything like it and it blew me away. for some reason i still remember thinking it smelled like fresh cut cucumber which in the hot indian summer felt wonderfully cool. I havent had a bottle of this in a while and i think I should get one again. If you havent smelled this you are doing your nose an injustice. 9/10

The Captain
The Captain

I just bought a new 100ml bottle manufactured in November 2012 and it's true that Dior has changed the formulation. It definitely doesn't have the strong gasoline notes now which is a shame as I loved the original. If anyone wants to buy a brand new bottle in Melbourne I'm selling this, I can either post or pick ups welcome.

fan.of.devin
fan.of.devin

Just kind of smells like handsoap, to me... Don't get the appeal of this.

Evilpimp
Evilpimp

I have a bottle of this that I used 2 times I don't like it if anyone wants to trade let me know

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

This fragrance will forever remind me of my dad, he used to wear it when I was a kid. I love my dad but hate this fragrance. I remember not wanting to hug him because this stuff would stick like glue to my shirt from his. My nose can't handle this stuff.

jude1321

Of course I respect this legend, but personally not a big fan of it. the gasoline dry down is just not sexy for me. this is a legendary titan, but not for me. joop, carolina herrera, bel ami, came out around this time and are far superior. outside of Homme, I have serious questions about Dior colognes for men. personally, i think they are a little overrated.

Valfar
Valfar

This is my signature scent! I think it fits very well with my looks and style. This one gives you a badass attitude and ladies love this big time! Really, the compliment factor with this one is too damn high! Be careful! That gas opening might trick you and make you not like this fragrance, but give it a little time and you will love it. Arm-lenght projection for ~5 hours and longevity 10 hours on my skin. Rating this one 10/10! Real masterpiece

EauDeBaldy
EauDeBaldy

This cologne made girls go nuts before ( in the 90s )

It probably would have the same effect today but this is something to wear in the colder weather ( Fall and Winter )...

If you try this in the summer, you might make yourself sick of it honestly.

I got one in storage for the winter for old times sake... but to those who never had or tried this...this will be a hit or miss in the sense, if you know people who have smelled this before, they might thing its played out or out of style to wear it now ( thats my own guess...this was really popular in the 90s here in nyc )

Amparo Noir
Amparo Noir

Fahrenheit is truly one of a kind fragrance. Bold and exceptionally unique, above all, it's original. The current formulation is woodier while the vintage is far greener and grassier with distinct petroleum-gasoline note.

All n all, I still love the latest formulation, the only downfall is, it doesnt last long, max 2 - 3 hours.

Naqash
Naqash

I am 21 years old and it smells like what my uncles and grandparents used to wear. I cant wear it. I must warn you Dont blind buy it atleast try it first. Smells like a soap and a hearbal oil or you can say a medicine shop. stevenpaolitto defined it perfectly Deep Dark Intense Violet Gasoline. Nothing else.

Jose Marcos

I first sampled Dior fahrenheit when I was much younger ;) and thought it was too strong and the gasoline feeling was beyond me. then Last year I bought ferrari Uomo and thought itreminded me fo DF a lot, and the gasoline was there just to remind me. I gave FU up but fahrenheit kept buzzzing in my mind until I saw a very good price and for a 200ml bottle. I didn't waste any time and ordered it. and today, much for my surprise, the huge bottle arrived and it brought good news also: the gasoline smell is just an effect from many notes and it is not as strong as I remembered it to be. Aqua F is indeed Fahrenheit+citrus. This reformulation was made September 2012, so it seems weaker only in strengh, potency for it still smells the same. the gas note is reduced to a minimum and I can sense the floral bouquet in the background, lilly, jasmim, carnation and even the pollen honeysuckle. The cirus accord was present in the opening but very briefly. And then LEATHER, ah soft leather, the bit I miss in Aqua, and some woods attesting it is a male scent. Yes, it is as if a man after finished his lown started to pick some flowers for his beloved, using his own hands the green juices from dayses and pollen mixed with his own scent... after some sort of impact work, and some minor fumes from the lownmower, of course. Has it bacome more refined and recollected or was I who came to a time in which I can really apprecaite Dior Fahrenheit with body and soul?

Ferrari Uomo does come very close to DF, less complex and thinner without the refined manners DF possesses.

SDVHC
SDVHC

Very good, only that on my skin have a bad smell...

dmirror
dmirror

I'm just imagining this is the stuff brian from the Anchor man movie was using "Ron" Oh! That smells like gasoline "Brian" it's got bits and pieces of panther in it. Then again I think it couldn't have been cause Fahrenheit smells decent just use a little or the gas and leather smell will really stand out 2 to 3 sprays in cool weather rethought about it Brian probably used A*Man that's what ran the people out the office and got him hosed down Dior Fahrenheit 6/10 it's a classic

houstcs
houstcs

Being new to the game, I was looking forward to this for a while, but for obvious reasons didn't want to blind buy it. A kind fellow member got me a nice decant and I used it a few weeks ago. I was surprised at how much it really smelled like gas and fire. Wasn't sure I would wear it again. I put it on today, 20 farenheit cooler might I add, 75 not 95 like last time, and this is a beautiful parfume. The violet is fantastic and it's somehow creamy and sharp, everything is awesome about how I smelled all day. I will likely burn through this quick while the weather is cooler.

tlpnightwatcher
tlpnightwatcher

Use sparingly. I had to teach my husband how to use this one because it is such a heavy scent. I used to love it and I even bought it for him. Then having babies changed my scent perception. I find this scent to be overwhelming - thick in the nostrils, smoky, leathery and sweetly spiced. I can taste it. I hate it when he applies it inside the house because the scent will linger for days.

hogan00
hogan00

sampled some of this the other day. wow! this is nice stuff! i am going to buy some soon, i hope. :)
i like to wear unique fragrances that stand out from what everybody else wears, and this stuff is definitely unique.

smells fresh in the opening, and it dries down to a melting leather smell. also has a vicks vapour rub feel to it. some people might not like the "gasoline" notes but i love it!

Nicely

Coldness, Hardness, masculinity, dirt, in a bottle, love it! Amazing winter scent for the man with the beard :). Longevity is amazing, get like 8 to 10 hours every wear. Projection, projects in his own class its not like 1 million so strong and killing, but smooth.

Smell: 8.7/10.
Projection: 8/10.
Longevity: 8/10.

georgequeue
georgequeue

Just stunning!

I've had 2 bottles of this marvelous potion, and I guess I'll buy another one; one of the best fragrances ever made.

Judging by the reviews I've read, you can tell that this is not a fragrance for everyone (You plainly love it or hate it.). Well, I LOVE IT!

Regards.

MsDana
MsDana

A classic! I love the leather and woodsy smell, it is intoxicating to a woman. It is definitely one you should have in your collection, it is a great winter scent.

Ovrnightr
Ovrnightr

I'm really loving this one. After falling in love with DHI and Sport, I had to give is one a shot, and it's paid off. I have to admit, when I left Sephora and tested it out in the car for the ride home, I neatly tucked away the receipt thinking I'd be returning it. It was just so strange to me, floral petroleum and leather filled the air. After two days of diligent experimentation, however, I'm, like I said, REALLY loving this one. It's just a totally unique fragrance from what's on offer from today's releases. It's not sporty, it's not powdery, it's animalic and it's bold. It's fun to smell like this. I highly recommend giving this a try. It's really a beautiful composition, and I have to say I totally dig the fossil fuel edginess this imparts.

9.5/10

Molliepops
Molliepops

I love this fragrance on men. Its old-school sexy. I work as a Registrar and perform hundreds of wedding ceremonies. If a groom is wearing this, it turns my head. I always have a sneaky inhale of them!!

This fragrance is old fashioned, but in a powerful, "I know who I am " kind of way. Men that wear this are leaders, not followers. Its instantly recognisable, traditional, and mmmmm lovely.

I never tire of this one. It wont go in and out of fashion, it smells good - always has and always will.

LookOut
LookOut

The opening of this scent is absolutely revolting for me, all I smell is the leather/petrol smell.

HOWEVER, after a few hours, that smell goes to the background and it becomes more woody and floral, an amazing intense scent! As has been said before, it's very masculine, not something that someone in his twenties could wear (imho). 30+ or maybe even 40+ on the other hand, most certainly!

Too bad about the opening. Even when I'm more mature I probably still won't buy it. But who knows, maybe then the petrol/leather smell won't bug me anymore ...

Oh well, flankers here we go! :p

Ichariot
Ichariot

Fahrenheit is a masculine scent. Too bad I cannot let my imagination flow while smelling it since it always reminds me so strongly of few people I know (that use it).

I don't see it fit boys, it's for men. This indeed reminds me of an older man chopping wood beside a summer cottage, smelling like fahrenheit. Or a rough sailor with tanned skin and already white hair. There's something really comforting about the smell. It makes you feel like you can rely on the guy wearing it.

I don't see it as a club soda or a player juice. It's definately a scent for older and mature men.

That's just me though, you might think otherwise so go test it out, it's worth checking nevertheless!

eranilaslan
eranilaslan

Not every one of my friends like this perfume due to its strong and effective scent although I'm in love with it! While I'm wearing it I sniff myself like crazy. Only problem is I can only wear this on winter or cloudy days. Very classy and masculine. It is more fitting to +30 ages to wear this but depending on your behavior,it gives a signal to people surrending you that there is a gentleman in this room.

salemos
salemos

A Masterpiece by Dior!IMHO

RobbieX
RobbieX

Fahrenheit is a unique fragrance - true, there is a slight "kerosine" note but don't let that put you off - I think its the Honeysuckle that makes it - Fahrenheit is a lovely fragrance and there is nothing like it. Staying power and sillage are great - a deserved classic!!

ranger
ranger

What's all this talk about vintage? I was there with my first bottle in 1988. I was 25 then, and after I finished it I think I went and bought the original Armani or Jazz (can't remember). Skip to 2002. I bought a reformulated sample and it immediately transported me back to the late 1980's. My wife smelled it and practically attacked me. Those late 80's were the beginnings of her sexual adventures and her fond memories of Fahrenheit. Maybe you needed to have been there to really get into this petrol bomb. It's now a summer staple. A stone classic.

afihs13
afihs13

Good sillage and longevity, but not my cup of tea..
Too synthetic for me..

My Passion!!!

stevenpaolitto
stevenpaolitto

VIOLET GASOLINE

hornetz
hornetz

The days of the powerhouse era are long gone replaced by aquatics and fruity zesty lighter colognes. Fahrenheit was a different breed, it set out to conquer everything in its path not giving a care what any one thought. The weird chamomile petroleum note does put you off but it has its way of redeeming itself. Is this cologne good; Yes its great, it's a classic. However, it's not relevant for todays standards and reformulations has wrecked its DNA making it just a name to sell. If you find an older version hold on to it, otherwise try out the new Fahrenheit line up that is more wearable these days. It's a very unique fragrance that I appreciate yet can not wear.

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

The best from Dior. Period!

adi1
adi1

Best from Dior, unique smell, girfriend doesn't like it, but I do :)

juan carlos.henriquez

manzanilla es lo q menos siento, la verdad para mi es una bomba de violeta y cuero, no logro identificar un olor q predomine esto, aunque si se asemeja a gasolina, pero eso me hace q es violeta y cuero, me encantaa

anna.dkr5

I've just read an article about chamomile on this site, and I quote:

"One of the perfumes where chamomile note dominates the composition is certainly Dior’s iconic Fahrenheit for men. Launched in late eighties, this deep and masculine fragrance still captivates our attention, spreading the heady soul of chamomile right from the top notes. Chamomile note lends to this fragrance its distinctive petroleum hint, which can be felt in the very opening."

Author: Marina Milojević (Mary)
Fragrantica Writer, Translator & Editor

I had no idea the potroleum smell was the chamomile...
What do you guys think?

juan carlos.henriquez

elixir magico de virilidad y seduccion, hay mujeres q aman oler farenheit en un hombre, huele a violeta cuero y testosterona, huele a noche y a sexo, farenheit para mi seria la mejor colonia de todos los tiempos para hombres.
Farenheit la octava maravilla del mundo.

eshauls11
eshauls11

only people i can see wearing this are those who belong to a biker gang. really strong leather smell that mixes with the green notes in this to make a very strong, overly masculine fragrance that i think is both too mature for anyone under 35 and simply smells bad

Bandit
Bandit

That's so funny: I had a strip with Fahrenheit in my very beautiful vegan fake leather bag and now it even smells like a real leather bag (before it had a nasty smell). Now, that's what I call a leather scent!

Still on the fence about adding it to the collection: Do I need it? As a collector I do, as a perfume wearer I'm not sure: It smells so familiar, a little too cold and a little too ... ? I guess, it wouldn't get worn too often.

I'd say, if you're a male or tend to lean towards this gender, you have to have it. No collection is complete without this beauty.

NickE ReauX
NickE ReauX

Oooh not much to say except I love it to death .. always always gonna wear it although it's Throne is in danger of being stolen by Fahrenheit Absolute. I found this at a time when I thought if I smelled one more person wearing Ck Eternity ( or the millions of others that smelled just like it ) I would shriek and claw my face. On a somber note.. I still have a vial of Very Original Fahrenheit and I'm sad to note the new stuff has been reformulated..doesn't change my love but it's a love now tinged with nostalgia and a slight melancholy..like remembering how you once loved an ex.

Ricks44
Ricks44

Read about this on here and saw it recommended, tried it in stores and never got anything from it. Until I decided one day to spray on my skin and leave.... About 40 minutes after the initial spray... I got a gentle, warm, masculine scent. I was sold, bought it not long after. Every time I smell this scent, i'm reminded of the quality. It knows what it is and it does it's job well. It's a very comforting scent, quietly confident. I wouldn't say it was too loud either. It generally depends on how many sprays you apply. But it can definitely become intrusive and offensive if you over apply, the more you spray - the more harsh the scent becomes. But with about 2-3 sprays it gives you a nice, warm, gentle masculine scent bubble that stays around you for say 4-6 hours. On me anyways. I personally think this fragrance will be best suited to hot weather, I specifically bought it to take on holiday and wear on nights. Don't see it suiting day time in hot weather. But I can picture it adding a heap load of atmosphere to the nights away. Proud to have this unique fragrance in my collection.

Smyle12

You don't "need to buy an original" because it's almost impossible to find one, and it's still an absolutely amazing scent, if not super-long lasting. I get about five hours. If you can only find the genuine, modern, article from Dior, you're still going to love it. Although Dior's Fahrenheit, may not be quite as intense and virile as it may have been in 1988, it's still an amazing and utterly unique fragrance, worth every penny.

ivis
ivis

my brother has this, i am disapointed from this scent, i was expecting something new and hot, it's very common and old.

degauss
degauss

I have no personal relations to this scent and it doesn't speak to me much, but remove the first person point of view and it smells to me very pleasantly of a well-groomed man. Do you know that instance when you're in a middle of an involved conversation and it's indoors, warm, and you're in close proximity and gradually, increasingly you become aware of the scent carried off their skin by their body heat, and then can't ignore it after that? It's not necessarily sexual, not at all, but it strangely endears the man to you. Pleasant isn't bland, it's genuine, worthwhile and a great thing to be in this case.

anna.dkr5

@mjsammels - Yes, it has definitely been reformulated. It's not as strong as it used to be. As for the violet scent, I can still smell it very well. However, smell perception is subjective.

Brenao
Brenao

The bergamot, the violet, the Leather, that is it, great for winter time.

mjsammels
mjsammels

Hi guys, just wondering something here on behalf of my fella.....

Has the formula been altered in this fragrance since around the late 90's?

Reason is my fella used to love this as he said it had a massive "parma violet" scent to it....but today when trying some in Boots it seems to have lost that essence and been replaced with something completely different.....

kazewayz
kazewayz

To me this kind of smelled like diesel fuel or gasoline. Not impressed at all. Don't know what all the fuzz was about this. Stays on for a long time on clothing, but I don't want to smell like gas and freshness. It's ok.

Neyzen
Neyzen

"cucumber!"

Actually that is enough for this review, because Fahrenheit smells only "cucumber" to an untrained nose.. endless, piercing, powerful and addictive cucumber scent! Actually it is unique, distinguished and nice. but the problem is .. who wants to smell like cucumber :)

Türkçe Meali: "aga, bildigin salatalık kokuyo bu" :)

ask4fahad
ask4fahad

For me. It smelled like shoe polish.
Big Dislike

gary_5557@yahoo.com.au
gary_5557@yahoo.com.au

One of the timeless,masculine and unique scents I ever came across. The leather note in this remind me of my uncles leather jacket. Masterpiece.

norsende
norsende

I've yet to smell a scent more masculine than this. Don't be alarmed by the first sniff when testing, the petrol note does not stay for longer than a few minutes, not that I even mind it as I like it a lot.

imjonatz
imjonatz

this scent is telling that it's heating up. very masculine

Molko
Molko

I think this "weird" and massive masculine scent suits for older person who still is full of testosterone:) First I didn't like it, but now I find quite good, it has own recognizable character, but I prefer a fresher and younger fragrances that can be unisex:) Instead of leathery smell I feel maybe a mixture of chamomile, cedar and violet leaf...

kambelz
kambelz

It's a masterpiece and a classic. It will always be in my top 10 favorites. The really earthy violet note and sweet floral honeysuckle combined make it smell like petroleum. It has a very car oil and "garage" type opening. It smells beautiful. If you like getting dirty and are a manly man, this is definitely for you. The middle contains a lot of leathery woods. The honeysuckle gets a little sweeter in the dry down.

browne54
browne54

So this is what really happened. Perfumers Jean-Louis Sieuzac and Maurice Roger were on the set of the first Die Hard and requested Bruce Willis's undershirt after each day of filming. Combined with Steve McQueen's white undershirt from Bullitt (petroleum note) which they had air-tightly packed not knowing what to exactly due with in the Dior house they discovered Fahrenheit. Die Hard came out in 1988, same year as Fahrenheit, coincidence? But in all seriousness what a knockout, masterpiece, yada yada every award and title given for the fragrances list of accolades. So incredibly refreshing and masculine. I wish more fragrances of the modern day had the complexity and irrefutable masculine nature of Fahrenheit. The leather mixed in with the violet and greens make this such an appealing scent. Timeless from the house of Dior. The reformulation is not the same, despite triple-bonded benzine rings smelling great they are extremely flammable. So we are now left with a reformulated juice which still has the same essence and is by no means a slouch. However if you can ever get your grips on the vintage, DO NOT HESITATE.

zuzuz
zuzuz

i am using Dior Farhenheit's base oil it is amazing and strong smell. i like it very much. it is a perfect fragrance men.

Annica
Annica

Just a thought: I have read quite a few reviews of Fahrenheit lately, both here and in other perfume forums. It has been so quiet on Fahrenheit for so many years. Is it coincidentally, or could it be that it is the new generation parfumistas who have discovered this perfume that was so incredibly popular in the 90s? It´s really cool if that´s the case. :)

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

The bar graphs at the top of the page suggest that this is leathery-woody, but I smell it as spicy-leathery-ozonic.

A funny thing: On my skin this scent is a mild leather, which is okay. On my clothing, however, there's an annoying spicy-smelling note shared with Yves Saint Laurent's L'Homme Libre (which I didn't care for) - this is what's dominant. At any rate, I'm unimpressed. I don't care for this stuff at all.

And I don't get any petroleum/oil/gasoline notes or the cut grass smell at any time.

One reviewer wrote, "Fahrenheit only asks one question. It asks it loud and it asks it clear. Do You Have The Balls?" Wow, really? Are we all smelling the same thing? This stuff is a 98 pound weakling on me.

I'm guessing that this has been reformulated into the mediocrity I smell. Luca Turin says that the acetylenic esters it used to have (with their nice smelling triple atomic bonds), have been severely restricted because they're reactive. So maybe that's it.

I won't be purchasing this.

(I have to admit, I like the bottle. Looks like a flame. Very nice.)

antfarm
antfarm

This smells like a sexy chainsaw or a virile lawnmower. There is something very mechanical in the mix, blending wonderfully with fresh cut grass or wood chips. It doesn't smell like a cologne, it smells like you have been working outside. Love it. Now if only I could convince my boyfriend to wear it...

erik.siqueira
erik.siqueira

For me Fahrenheit is a journey. First of all i knew this frag when a I was a child and hated; now I have 27 years and learn to love this. The top notes are pure fuel, explosive, energetic, strong and for me timeless, so beautiful and addicted with leather and violet leaf. In the dry warm to much, mandarim orange, sandal and jasmin. After 5 hours the old school blend bring a impressive smell, masculine and consistent, close perfectly into the skin with musk and vetitver flowing, and the chamomile note. I just prove the reformulation, and is not too heavy, maybe the original has a pure fire in his juice, but I'm in love with this amazing frag.

Mrbriangregory
Mrbriangregory

i grew up with this scent but never really knew what it was. in the 80s, as a child, i had a neighbor who made a lot of money and he had this scent that followed him that was so memorable that when in the 90s i had a friend who's father made a lot of money i caught it again right away. because of this i just associated this fragrance with making a ton of cash. so i finally figured out what it was. and in my late teens it became my signature fragrance. i met a girl once who worked in a fragrance retail shop and said it was strawberry strawberry strawberry that came out of this bottle. i never got it. 15 years later, i still cant tell you what this smells like. power, confidence and money dont have specific fragrances. im ready to make this my go to again. we will always smell things differently, but for me personally, this is the most amazing and memorable scent that ive ever been so lucky to smell. i go out in la nuit de l'homme, varvatos, london, no one notices. but this stuff? everybody has something to say about this stuff.

Mercurial Muzz
Mercurial Muzz

I used to wear Fahrenheit a lot in the winter, years ago. I loved it then, and, I still do now, even though all bottles are empty and I have no intention of replacing them. I think Fahrenheit is a highly devisive cologne, and I can understand why you either love it or hate it - it pulls no punches, doesn't hold back. And therein lies a lot of its appeal. Fahrenheit is not meek, will not go unnoticed. So much so, that I personally think this is to be worn winter only, and, one spray only. Anymore than that, and people will smell you a mile away! I kind of think of this as more of a 'bomb' than V&R Spicebomb. This certainly packs far more punch, and has explosive sillage. As I said, I love this, like most Dior colognes, but I don't know whether I will rekindle the love affair with a new purchase. Reformulated anyone? Please, tell me it isn't so!
I also remember my brother telling me years ago it smelt like fly spray! Interesting comment. I couldn't relate, but we're entitled to our opinions. So, for anyone considering this highly individual scent, these are my words of advice: wear it proudly. Stand tall. Wear in winter only. And, one full spray only. Fahrenheit, I miss you...

stjoseph777
stjoseph777

Love it! I'll be 47 and it bring back memories. Im a collector and my nose have developed a whole lot. Thanks again to the Guru Robes 08. My collection is getting bigger.

Lestat
Lestat

Started wearing this fragrance about two months ago.Im surprised they didnt include benzoin as one of the note.Gasoline smell in this cologne is cause of this note. Yes it came out back in 80's but its still going strong.Make sure you try it first on your skin before you buy it. Its one of those fragrances that you will either hate it love it. Its green and clean smelling to me atleast. Dior makes excellent triggers so 2 or 3 sprays is more than enough.You do more than 3 you are on your own, keep headache med handy.For first few min you may not like the smell, but the drydown Amazing.Stays for a good 7 hours on my skin sometimes more.Projection is amazing. Wouldnt recommend this for summer unless 2 sprays. but this is perfect for spring fall and winter. Overall excellent cologne for a great price.

jewmad?
jewmad?

IT's good, but i smell a hint of burnt rubber in it...

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

Warning Warning do NOT over apply this cologne or people will gag. I personally do not like it, it is offensive to me. I cannot relate this cologne to anything I've ever come across and with that said, it smells very weird, almost bizarre. The smell of fahrenheit isn't appealing at all IMO and it is immediately noticeable when I encounter someone wearing it. I enjoy a fragrance that is mysterious but not one that smells like a foreign object nobody can put their finger on.

UPDATE:
I take everything I said back, I just bought a bottle of this and absolutely love it...I was basing my previous post above on memory of this 10 years ago...I've had a change of heart....NOW I adore this fragrance and it will be a part of my collection for ages.

Mirza
Mirza

I bought it with a blind buy just 3 hours ago ,because i've read the review and so many person says that this perfume is great ,but when the first time i sniffed it ,it was awful ,the leather is too strong ,and i really prefer to use terre d' hermes than this one . For every person who don't like leather don't choose this one :)

mY SECond review -
I love it.The animalic , diesel smell of it doesnot last long enough to annoy you(if you dont like diesel smell).After some time towards the middle and the dry down , it is really sexy , flowerish ,leatherish and full of composure.It gives perpetual bursts of this smell after every second once the diesel smell dies.
A big part of my love for this is played by the bottle too or the design of it.The shape of the bottle is different , eye catching , the reddish blackness of the top and sunset yellowish kind of colour towards the base of the bottle , it is like bottle wants to exhibit something related to sunset view when you stand on some volcano.I have not taken this thought from the commercial of it but it comes automatically.
Finally i give it 11 out of 10.

tiana666
tiana666

my opinion, as a woman: totally agree with Cognitive Dissonance....it's for men with balls!
a perfume so rough and animalic that could awake the sensualness in every woman :)
totally in love with it.... make me feel so womanly each time I'm smelling it! :)

connor.mcbroom
connor.mcbroom

When I first tried this fragrance I didn't get it. It smelt completely different to anything that I had ever smelt before and didn't like it. However there was a part of me that wanted to try it again. The second time around I loved it.

Fahrenheit is in my eyes the most masculine scent I have ever smelt. It smells like oil, gasoline and leather with a hint of herb notes in it. This is a very unique scent and projects like a beast on me in warmer temperatures. A lot of people say to keep this for winter but I like to wear it all year round.

For more in depth reviews check out my website mrproductreview.com

penia
penia

I'm reviewing this from a woman's point of view...

it is just sexy. wonderful!

puria_stalker

برای اب و هوای معتدل مناسب تره
بهتره قبل از خرید تست شه
thanks for reading

anna.dkr5

@Endymion: I'm sorry you're having a hard time smelling this fragrance. Perhaps, even if the bottle was genuine, it was badly stored and the juice was altered in some way. Either that, or it doesn't agree with your skin chemistry. That's all I could possibly think of. Granted, this is supposed to be lighter than the original formulation, but one can definitely smell it.

anna.dkr5

Okay, I'm a woman and I'm wearing this right now. I've actually just sprayed it on. :)
Sweet, rubbery, petrol-like blast that is already starting to fade into a more pleasant woody type of scent. The violet note is very prominent and it is starting to surface as I type. I'm in love with this scent! Earthy, dry, dark, mysterious. Simply unique. And the best thing about it is that I can pull it off! The petrol note is not very prominent on my skin. Perhaps it smells different on a man's skin than it does on a woman's. Ladies, if you love this scent, don't be ashamed to try it or wear it. We only live once, and this is a gem of a perfume... simply unique.

It's now been a little over three hours since I first sprayed it on, and it's still going strong. It's also getting sweeter and sweeter on my skin... A true chamaleon. I smell mostly violets now. I'd be curious to know if anyone smelling it on me would actually figure out what it was, at this point. I guess I'll find out soon enough... :)

Dara813
Dara813

I'm reviewing this from a woman's point of view-a woman who mostly loves fruity/floral scents for herself. I'm not into wearing men's cologne although I know many women who are.

That being said, my husband wears this one when we go out. This is definitely not a scent a man should wear to a business meeting. My husband is an HVAC technician so he doesn't need to worry about that kind of stuff at work, but I LOVE this on him. It is so sexy. One spray goes a long way! If you over do it with this one, you will clear the room out.

I guess this just doesn't work on all men, just as all perfumes don't work on all women. For instance, my co-worker smells amazing in Dior Hypnotic Poison for women, but it smells like rubber or something on me. This doesn't make it a bad scent, it just doesn't cooperate with my skin chemistry. In fact, most Dior scents don't smell right on me. But for a guy, if this works for you-I think it smells amazing.

Endymion

Please, someone tell me what is wrong with my nose! :(
I have finally bought a bottle of Fahrenheit. Although everybody says here how strong this fragrance is, I can hardly smell anything, only a very-very-very faint scent which is not appealing and definately doesn't remind me of petrol. Yesterday I sprayed a generous amount on myself and I couldn't smell that I wear any scent.
And yes, it's 100% genuine, I bought it from an official reatiler and came in a very nice gift box.
How come that with this scent which everbody calls a very strong petroleum-leather fragrance I cannot smell anything? And it was always like this, whenever I went to perfumeries no matter how many times I tried, I could hardly sense anything.
The strange thing is that when I bring home such a scented paper strip after 3 days another smell appears on it which is nice but also very faint.
Does anyone else has the same experience with this iconic fragrance? Does it contain something which might block some people's nose from smelling it?

hamednoohi
hamednoohi

so i was lookin at all these fragrances that i have and im thinking like some of them really stand out and i was thinkin how fahrenheit is so much better than the dior homme sport and then im thinking why dont they make fahrenheit sport !! so then im thinking since i cant buy that and i know for the most part they add citrus to the original to make it sport for the most part at least .. so i take aqua di gio and layer it with fahrenheit .. lets just say i am a happy man . btw if u are into fragrances u must love this or else there is something wrong with you ... in my opinion of course

Felipe Ramone
Felipe Ramone

"Your angel eyes are burning holes deep inside my soul (...)
Your daddy is telling me I smell of girls and gasoline
But all my heart does is pumping up adrenaline"
(Marky Ramone & The Speedkings - "Girls And Gasoline")

For me, it fits very well. I wore it on the late 90s and once in a while I get a sample when I shop around. Projection and longevity are great on my skin. Doesn't get cloying if you spray it right.

Not for blind buy, though.

muffe
muffe

gasoline in a bottle.

krmarich

After years of searching, I painstakingly tracked down a bottle from the original batch in 1988. It was quite expensive and a valuable collectible. I have a long history with Fahrenheit. None of it has ever been personal. All of my friends had a bottle in the early 90s and wore it out, literally. Indeed , it can wear you, if you are not careful. Its not vulgar like say Polo or Joop, however.

My most vivid memory was my college roomie who had this same bottle. Dior always scared me off with its projection and pricetag. This mysterious bottle sat on his dresser and resemble mercury in the thermometer. I was hypnotized by it. If I sampled even a drop, I would always get caught, as its original strength would fill the room.

It is not of this earth! The nose created YSL Opium, Oscar and this, all within my collection. Its a polarizing work of art. The notes are clean, fresh and deep. Its so well crafted that no note sticks out other than the occasional leather/lavender. It is perhaps the finest example of the floral fougere ever created. Once you encounter it, you never forget it. Unfortunately, you may hate it like many below. Honestly, it doesnt fit anyone on this planet.

It was a status symbol in its time. If you could afford a bottle then you have plenty of cash. A far cry from its current distribution at Wal-Mart. Dior has become just another label. LVMH stole its status. The IFRA reduced its strength, maybe for the best.

That brings me to its devolution. I picked up a few bottles over the years and have noticed it weaken thought the years. Its basically the same formula, yet only last a few hours. Nothing like its orignal blockbuster formula that seems to go on forever.

I shall ever be a casual observer of this massive bottle, as it refuses to merge with my chemistry. I can wear just about anything. I admire its art, yet only from a distance. This one is for the vault!

jackfort
jackfort

On first try I was repulsed by Fahrenheit. The second time I tried it was better. Very unique frag and Sillage and longevity are very good.

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

I'm sure to be hung for this, but not my fav. Dior. I own lots of 70's, 80's, 90's powerhouse types and this is towards the bottom of my fav. list. Not a bad scent at all, just almost boring to me. I enjoy Dior Homme more...Mine doesn't have a overly powerful leather note either...Nice, but gets passed by when selecting what I am wearing daily.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Woody floral, unique because it is a fragrance that has an opening near the heart and also the background. I think the opening have a fresh citrus notes with lavender, soon appears a dense tone floral, violet with some spice, and soon meets the leather that installs a smoky aspect, and similar exotic oil, fuel, and incredibly divine in my opinion.
This aspect after drying, create a more balanced tone by slightly velvety musk but also woody probably the patchouli or vetiver.
A Truly masterpiece of perfumery, the trophy of Dior.

fuggerone
fuggerone

torrid and sexy, develops great in summer heat..makes you feel a fire bomb of sexiness!

saadishahid
saadishahid

First time I sprayed it, I smelled like a gas station followed by someone who had spent a few hours fixing his car. I immediately hated it. Next day, i gave it another go and to my surprise, it actually smelled really good. The top notes definitely smell like gas, but the gas smell doesn't last that long (who knows, they might have put gasoline in it as a secret ingredient ;-). ) . After like half an hour this thing turn into something completely different. Still it is one of the most "different" fragrance but something worth a try.

TheJurisDoctor
TheJurisDoctor

Regardless of how many times I read that this smells like gas/oil, I wasn't prepared. It smells like a mixture of motor oil, grease, and exhaust fumes. Maybe I need to give it a try a few more times, but I don't see myself wearing this. This is how I already smell after I ride my R1, so I can't see paying for a cologne that smells like this.

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't stink, and interesting is an understatement. "Petroleum" should be a note listed on this one. Definitely worth a sniff, and this may grow on me over time. But for now, I'm undecided, and I'll have to get over my fear that this will stain my clothes, combust near fire, or eventually kill me ;)

asheble93
asheble93

Fahrenheit does not pretend. It does not hide behind the guise of a gourmand so sweet your wrist develops diabetes; or find contentment in a muddled unisex fragrance, that only seeks to make you come back every five minutes for another whiff. Instead it is first and foremost, a man's scent; and does not care to be anything else.
It's opening is a little more harsh than most fragrances today. As many before have mentioned, it smells similar to motor oil. Similar, but not exact. Rather it opens with a fresh, synthetic green; which coupled with it's base notes creates the oil effect. It's drydown holds violet, lavender; and again carries with it that synthetic green motif. Throughout the life of the fragrance, there is also a spice, which in my opinion comes from the powerful base notes.
9.0/10

ALEXAJOVCIC
ALEXAJOVCIC

Great for older people, but not for me guys! I can't say that I hate this fragrance, because I would be CRAZY. This is one of the hits when my dad was a teen. Still, I guess, people could wear it, but only a older ones. I like that nice warm leather smell on the winter day, so it is a right time to get it. But if you ask me, there is a plenty of new modern perfumes that you can get it and you can smell a mix of interesting notes with leather. But in this perfume you can ONLY smell leather and it's just boring.

Mick5781
Mick5781

A Really nice fragrance , and not really common either , so you can wear it safely without having tons of people wearing it around you when you go out ;)

tyoung
tyoung

There is not much I can add that hasn't been said about Fahrenheit already. It seems to be completely polarizing, either you love it or hate it! I LOVE it. That oil/gasoline top note mixed with sweet/tart berry is mesmerizing. Even though I knew I needed this instantly, I remember going back to various stores and sampling it several times before my wife finally got me a bottle. To me this one is top notch for colder weather, but it could be just as nice on a warm day.

Stockholmspolisen
Stockholmspolisen

This one is an ok fragrance. I do not get that petroleum scent that everyone talks about. Instead i get violets, woods and a little bit of black tea.

itachi
itachi

a real sexy fragrance, very chique and a timeless masterpiece

RickS1169
RickS1169

At first I hated this. I thought the combination of a gas and flowers was awful. But over the course of a few months, this has become one of the fragrances on my want list. It's unique. Great projection and longevity. Not used by the general population. It is at least a "must sniff" at least once.

john.silverio
john.silverio

i love this frag! My boss ask me what fragrance i am wearing. i got lot of compliments in ages 40-50 y/o.

crazykoffee
crazykoffee

This is a 90s stalwart and still IMHO, a heavy-hitter. Its bold, mysterious, sharp and might I say a little "weird," because it defies all the conventional norms of a man's cologne. I find it spicy and sour. The cocktail of nuances this substance elicits is just out of the ordinary for me: diesel oil fumes in an industrial garage, motor oil, soot, leather, tobacco and citrus. It smells just wonderful and I get at least one compliment every single time I wear it. My only beef is that it doesn't last very long on my skin. Nor does it project very well. In the winter I find it short-lived but somehow, my leather jacket does something to enhance this scent's punch and reach. In the summer months, it permeates everywhere and people notice it more. I'm going to give Fahrenheit Absolute a try. I hear its even more intense than the original. I think every bold man should have this in his arsenal. Its a love or hate thing with this scent. Nothing in-between. As an aside, a former girlfriend once tried to forbid me from wearing this whenever I stepped outside without her :) She knew too well the effect it had on women. I will never tire of this fragrance.

tavo
tavo

Its a good fragance, but I get selfconcious cuz it smells as if I was reparing my car, and then change my clothes without taking a shower.

Thats just not the image I want to project, maybe if you are into harleys and choppers.

liiva
liiva

Energy, fire, spicy warmth. So different and recognizable!

felipepp7@hotmail.com
felipepp7@hotmail.com

Sex in a bottle. Just AMAZING!

petranfx

If somebody dosnt smell the fahrenheit yet he is honest
ly dont know nothing for man frangrances.

limited Edition
limited Edition

I really have a soft spot for farenheit..its sharp and sultry..longevity is great and the bottle is timeless..the overall fragrance is begin to date and my younger brother thought I smelt like fly spray..

herreroph
herreroph

Lo tuve en mi coleccion y varias veces lo probe, hasta que lo regale, no me gusta para nada, tiene muy buena longevidad, pero huele muy metalico, a gasolina, a taller a pasamanos de bus o de escalera, huele a mecanico.

KeithScar
KeithScar

Fahrenheit Dior is a wondeful scnet. A great date fragrance when you wanna impress that special someone. Very rich in longevity so you dont need that much on. This is a small bottle but i packs a big punch. Fahrenheit gets much play in my collection

cerrucci
cerrucci

Wow, seriously, this guy lasts forever. I had four sprays this noon and now it is 8 o'clock and I can still smell it when wind blew in through my window. The sent itself is pretty pleasant. It is a floral scent, but not famine at all. It perfectly interpret the contracts between chill and warmth. Love it and gonna use it for a while.

east17
east17

As Mersilover84 alluded, to me, this is 'Sex Panther' from Anchorman. "It stings the nostrils"

No disrespect intended, I just don't have the nose for this one. All I get is gasoline poured over a melting tire.

moh3n nik1
moh3n nik1

بهترین برای همیشه

دوستان به نظر شما بوی خیار نمیده؟

emmanuel.santana
emmanuel.santana

This is a classic that will live on for ages to come. To the untrained nose it will smell like you got your skin dipped in diesel fuel. That was what i thought the first time i smelled it. But after an hour ohhhhhhh boy are you in for a ride. It's an awesome timeless classic. It projects like a beast. Screams out pure masculinity. Give it a try.

derkargy
derkargy

The ultimate combination of leather and spices.It will never loses its glory,(depending on the right skin chemistry,of course!)

asmela
asmela

Smells like lumbery workshop

Nadia Albayati
Nadia Albayati

I adore Fahrenheit! Its so manly, sexy, & it symbolize masculinity at its best..

annettepe
annettepe

hands down this is the best men's perfume out there in my opinion. its such a mysterious, alluring and distinctive scent. if a man would wear this i would recognize this straight away. it reminds me of a confident, mature and sexy man. i find this an incredibly sexy scent!!

its very strong and the sillage is amazing. definitely will get people's attention! i smell a lot of leather in this as well as other woody notes. it might be weird to say but i also find this fragrance very comforting. i read in many reviews that people think this smells like gasoline! i dont particularly think so but maybe it just works differently with everyones body chemistry.

either way, its a huge advantage for a woman when a guy smells good so wear this on a date and you will for sure be known as the guy with the incredible smell ;)

JediConsular
JediConsular

This fragrance has good silage and longevity, if you let this dry, Fahrenheit reveal a nice floral bouquet too (together with the leather and woods, of course), but I can't stand the gasoline smell. I like this smell in car or gas station, but don't want perfume myself with this! If the opening notes don't lasts too much (about 1h-2h in my skin) I could give a chance to this...

dudelove
dudelove

This is one of the fragrances you can trust what people say in reviews about. I realize many people say this fragrance smells exactly like this or that, and I find that almost all of the time it's not very accurate.

However for Fahrenheit, you can take everyone's word that after 30secs of the first spray, it smells like gasoline. Many people like that particular smell. But for me, I just can't get past that. I was just scratching my head wondering how people would like the smell of this. Even a friend of mine was very put off by it and demanded I throw away the sample. I do smell the violet leaves creeping in after a while and I adore that note in fragrances and does give Fahrenheit a strange but fresh vibe. But the gasoline note is still the main focus of this fragrance.

Now I didn't want to throw it away because I wanted to give it a chance and see if it dries down to something beautiful. But she's right, what's the point if it did dry down to something that smells brilliant? When the top and middle notes are enough to make me feel horrible about myself.

Sorry Dior, but Fahrenheit is just not for me.

ryanmorgan
ryanmorgan

WOW !!! I'm 23 and got a sample of this and went a brought it straight away I thought it was an old man scent but boy was I wrong ! I get leather tobbaco and smokyness and pure SEX ! such a sexy smell I would jump on any bloke wearing this ! lol

praizy
praizy

In heat project and long last like monster on my skin, overall 10/10
.must have this one.

3gecos
3gecos

Oldie but Goldie!The number of haters is insignificant compared with the lovers one!A cornerstone in the history of perfumes!

nenuphar
nenuphar

This is the scent twin of Ultima II Sheer scent for woman

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Very Warm, Very Sensual, quite a unique fragrance. I am at a loss to understand why Dior Fragrances have become so pricey?? Reminds me of the mid 90s when i was in college, and for my sins wearing Joop Homme, so to me it's a fragrance associated with my younger years. I like it a lot, but my love still goes to Guerlain's Habit Rouge/Coriolan.

Whiskey jim
Whiskey jim

I absolutely love this cologne. My father used to wear it all the time, so every time I smell it, it reminds me of when he would come home from work in the evenings. It's a fantastic combination of fragrances. I can really smell the leather and cedar. 10/10 - Fantastic!

8brd
8brd

This is one of my all time personal favorites as it blends superbly with my body chemistry and the scent while being recognizable as Fahrenheit becomes a very sensual. From personal experience, I know that this is a scent best worn very-very sparingly by day or in the office / work environment.

kambelzful
kambelzful

Amazing. Beautiful. Gorgeous. Classic. Perfect. Fahrenheit. This is one of the most creatively thought fragrance I own and have smelled. It blows away angel men on creativity. If you love dirty scents or like the smell of chemicals, buy this! Top notes remind me of being near a shell station with a gasoline aroma in the background, putting car oil into a very old car. I also get a distinct peppery mandarin smell in the opening.

The middle is when the harsh masculine tones come in, with the heavy leather, driftwood and pepper. It smells like if sandalwood was soaked in a dirty river full of gasoline. I also get that heavy dose of violet, and honeysuckle sweetens it up a bit to prevent it from being too over the top. You also get a lot of oakmoss and vetiver. The dry down is definitely a lot sweeter and more woody, and the gasoline, heavy leather and violet fades away.

It might sound off putting the way I'm describing it, but try it! I'm telling you, there is something addictive about it. Pretty much everyone I have asked for an opinion on it while wearing has liked it, or at least not at all hated it. Some people call it a love/hate, but I think people can easily be on the fence with this one. It smells good, but can be just too strong for some people.

Just don't over spray it. I apply 2 sprays max. More than two sprays you will get a throbbing headache and choke other people around you. I think if applied lightly it can be worn to class. This is a perfect scent for out camping in the woods as well. Last summer I wore it the whole time we were camping, and something about the campfire smoke and cold air hitting it is just perfect! 9.5/10.

Liquefaction
Liquefaction

This is a scent I have given to men as a gift to myself.

simpatica
simpatica

I love this perfume.. It has a very unique scent, you will not find it in other perfumes that people would know right away it's Fahrenheit you're using. It's not too masculine, women can wear it too because it is mild, soft and not too over powering. It smells fresh, fresh and fresh.

FruitDiet
FruitDiet

Wonderful gasoline leather that had an eerie David Lynch commercial. Would be great on a girl. So recognizable that it will be thoroughly ruined for you if you sleep with/form bad associations with anyone who wears it. It's one of the better Dior reformulations, too.

baltimoreboy215
baltimoreboy215

This fragrance is one of my all time favorites. This is truly a "love hate" fragrance. Its a unique fragrance which makes it timeless and can be worn today cause nothing else smells like it. A manly man's fragrance

Mark Antony
Mark Antony

I was wearing it at the last 2 years of school.i was suprised because many professors emmediantly recognized the smell and told me << Ah fahrenheit, what did you remind me now!I was wearing it 20 years ago.Unfortunatly the time pass very quicly.>>Then i realised that this frag has marked those ages.it reminds to the people the moments of the last century, all the hopes and dreams of the youthful age.Today remains a great choice and is mush better than some frags which came out the last years.The character of this frag is diachronic.

bluebluefrog
bluebluefrog

I know that this, (like ANY fragrance) is very much an individual preference.. but in my world, I think this is what a "manly man" smells like. I LOVE this one on a man, and not just any guy can pull it off (I think it is very powerful and loud), but I think I'd follow this scent like a lost puppy. Yumm!!!

cezarmac
cezarmac

I see a lot of comments on it,so i got few words to a helpful review.
If you still have not fahrenheit go get it,maybe you want to try on skin but surely won't need,i mean its like to wear a leather jacket to riding out in winter...a sure thing,believe me.

Anatolian_Swarthy
Anatolian_Swarthy

i tried it today and have not like it,it smells like benzin(fuel).if u wear it ,ur nose tires.be careful

gd15329
gd15329

THE "WHO'S YOUR DADDY NOW" FRAGRANCE - USE IT WITH CAUTION

There is so much "love or hate" in this one. I know women LOVE it, and I know women HATE it (my wife is one of them she hates it. I like it... go figure)

It's a heavy men fragrance, yes dated but good, yes synthetic but not so bad, but it's definitely unique!

This petroleum, gasoline, leather-tyre, woodbine smell is amazing... well if you like it.

Longevity / Sillage: Heavy
My Total Score: 8/10

drummagick
drummagick

My 19 year old son and I were sniffing through the selections at Macy's today. The only scents we found that he liked were the Armanis and Fahrenheit. Fahrenheit smelled unlike anything else on offer there, it was unique. We loved the opening and the middle but then we were bombarded with a much too heavy musk in the drydown. Plus, the SA must have sprayed a quarter bottle on the test strip, it was way too strong. Still, love the first 20 minutes of it. Now that I think of it, maybe it was leather in the drydown I wasn't liking, I've never been a fan.

dj_renovatio
dj_renovatio

I would not have guessed there is a leather note in this.

I get plasticky, horrible, synthetic fruits.

And its so loud and annoying.

I have a very wide range of tastes when it comes to fragrances, and this is one of only 4-5 I have disliked out of the 200+ I have experienced.

Deefit
Deefit

It smells like a burning campfire on a hot summer's night, and I love it! But I find it too strong to wear on a daily basis, unfortunately. But from time to time, I try a small sample, just to be able to smell this unique scent throughout the day.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

This is fabulous (and I'm female). It's leather all the way, but not modern leather jackets, it's leather seats in an old vintage sports car with a walnut dashboard. It has glamour from another era and is masculine and clean and gorgeous. Think Monte Carlo in the fifties. Gorgeous.

If you like warm, classic,leather notes, you'll love this.

Svennis
Svennis

A true classic, no doubt about it. I'm not a huge fan however as the petrol and leather notes are so overpowering. After it dries out it gets more torelable though. For me it's too mature and would recomend it for 30+.

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

This is the first Dior fragrance I felt in love with. My first purchase was in 2000, and bought another bottle in 2005. The current formulation I would say has been watered down, less smokey, less intense, making it having less staying power.
I would still buy the reformulated, because this is such a good fragrance, and wearing this would bring me so many memories back then...

bet85
bet85

I dont know if Doir is being inconsistant with their fragrances but I bought a 6.8oz of Fahrenheit directly from their website about 6 months ago and it only lasted 2 to 3 hours on my skin. I smelled it on me for only the first 45 minutes. I thought the reformulation was just watered down of the old classic. Disappointed i swapped my bottle for a 1.7 of Allure Homme. 6 months later i was at my lunch break with a co-worker we headed to a new restaurant we never ate before. When the owner approached us to take our order, i caught the scent of Fahrenheit. It smelled great. Dazzled by the scent my female coworker asked what cologne he was wearing. I answered her before he did. lol. After work, I knew i needed to smell like Fahrenheit. So once again i headed directly to Macys and bought a 3.4oz bottle. I cant explain why, but this juice is lasting 8-12 hours on my skin. I can smell it on me the entire work day. Bare in mind that i am wearing it in much cooler weather. According to the 4 digit code the bottle was made in Feb 2012. So its the same reformulated juice. Maybe the 6.8oz is watered down. I dont know. Anyway i am glad this scent lasts on my skin. It's an addictive scent. However, i hate to say this, but my girlfriend is repulsed by it. Even if i go one spray on it. She hates it.......
.....I hate her.

Chattermonkey
Chattermonkey

I garner more compliments from guys than I do with the ladies. I dont know many ladies who enjoy the smell of gasoline.

dezaval
dezaval

The ultimate male fragrance. It' so iconic. I think it's men's Poison. Every man should try this. It has the virtues that any man should have: it's masculine, dynamic, elegant and sexy. Long lasting with great sillage. A classic must-have. It's a pity there isn't a Fahreneit for women...But then again, who says that women can't wear this? I love it!

drkulasekaran
drkulasekaran

gasoline + leather

areidmeade
areidmeade

the only way i could say anything that hasnt been said is to compare this to two fragrances that i've had for a while. Fahrenheit has a much stronger richer powerful opening than Paul Smith Men, and then dries down to be Bvlgari Black on Steroids!, Absolutely Fantastic fragrance, highly recommended!

gandolf
gandolf

یکی از بهنرین ها برای فصل تابستان

taster

well, i agree with those people who mentioned some kind of newer version which is weaker and watered down. accidentaly i tried this and it isn't like old fahrenheit. smell is the same only gasoline note isn't so noticeable anymore (which is bad, because in my opinion it makes this fragrance so special), projection is very bad. with new version you need 5-6 sprays at least to smell something. also longevity is very average with. if you buy this be careful. i could smell old fahrenheit on my wrists even on second day but new version dissapoints me.

mersilover84
mersilover84

Remember Anchorman? Remember when Brian Fantana "musks up" and will ferrell says "i have to be honest with you that smells like pure gasoline" well that's what this is. and TRUST ME, 60 percent of the time...it works every time.
all kidding aside though i can understand why people wouldnt like this. i was wearing it at 14 years old. the nerve of this kid. so it smells nostalgic to me. very unique scent though. i love it in the winter time and it's petrol smell kind of lets me wear it casually to work in a blue collar environment.

Lakambini
Lakambini

I put a huge spritz on my arm and got dizzying gasoline fumes, and in this miasma a whiff of leather, evolving into a sharp green odor that reminded me of a conifer forest in still cold air. Fossil fuels, animal skin and pine -- all raw, real materials, all synthetically rendered. And after a good scrub I am getting a monster dry-down: I am growing taller, muscular, rational, decisive, I will strip down for a shower later on and give out a long scream at the discovery that I'm a woman. Fahrenheit is a work of art that I can't wear, and can only appreciate on other people, men actually.

kida2010
kida2010

I know its a masterpiece trust me, but no, its not for me, i still dont get it. All i smell is clove, spice, wood and a sharp nostril burning note. Luckily its everywhere if you need to smell it before buying.
They're are plenty more scents that remind me of christmas or winter without being unpleasant.

dollars&scents
dollars&scents

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior - Admittedly, with its dark and somewhat complex opening, with its petro-grungy facets melding with lush greenness, it could prove challenging. However, the overall scent is, perhaps, one of the best, green scents. The nuances from the opening, middle and base were and are the epitome of a ground-breaking scent, and, to me, defines sexy, classy and sophisticated.

ferofist
ferofist

If you've used this scent years ago and expect it to have the same characteristics, you'll be bitterly disappointed. This "new version" is watered down, doesn't last and lacks the attitude it used to have compared with previous versions. Then again, if you've never used it in the past, it's still a "good" scent but not like the "original" fahrenheit from years gone by.

Lidell
Lidell

The very sexiest male scent. Period.

pianist75
pianist75

What in the name of god they did to this amazing frag now days? Watered down formulation of one of the greatest frag for man ever! What a shame...anyone knows where I can buy vintage ?? The new formula lasts 10 min and it has nothing to do with the old frag that I know, shame shame shame! Sorry I couldn't resist...

HebaD'Opium
HebaD'Opium

The moment i sniffed this (without spraying it or anything, smelled the cap only) I got an instant hint of Jasmin and lemon!!
The leather note of course is dominant no question in that. Leather, Amber and Musk kinda give it that benzene like scent but it's still very subtle I mean you wouldn't know it's all these notes combined together. The nutmeg also can be sniffed out!

I have mixed feelings about this i mean it smells so good but i bet that some men can't pull this off! I'd say men in their 30's and 40's can though!

A night perfume, it wouldn't matter which season you apply it in as long as you wear it during night! I could imagine it in winter/early spring night, with the heat of this scent with the cool breeze aaaaaaaaah, perfect!

sherryxfilesfan

Straight out of the bottle this is oil and gasoline... oddly enough after a while this dries down to a cucumber smell.

haronushka
haronushka

best of the best 5/5

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Nice scent for older men...I would not recommend this for teenagers but hey, if you can pull it off then go ahead! :)

ComaSaan
ComaSaan

This is a legendary fragrance. The ultimate timeless seducer.

Nicely

This is to me a very legendary scents, its another then the normal scents, its not sweet. Its not fresh its 'Fahrenheit', this scent have a classic time and good longevity, projects pretty well on me, Its not Jpg le male but its oke with the projection, I apply this stuff in the night, i apply 3 sprays.

Projection: 7.
Longevity: 7.5.
Smell: 7.

I do like this frag.

brave_kid
brave_kid

go to motocycle workshop..find a bottle of grease..and apply it..u will get same scent wthout have to spent lots of money....

But my friend like it..he said smell like a real man..but for me..absolutely NO..Acqua version is more suitable for me..

allan0921
allan0921

quite suitable for young age

HarveyCan
HarveyCan

I wore this for years and years, and then just couldn't find it when my last bottle ran out....I kept the last empty bottle as a kind of memorial to one of my most heroic scent-friends...Yes, it did come out of the gate a bit like auto-shop, but very quickly became something sweeter yet insistent, and it just wore so well during the day and into the evening... Last weekend I was in a Sephora shop in Santa Barbara and there it was!!!! I sprayed some on, and my enthusiasm quickly waned, though. The first burst was a strong mess, but not the same strong mess, and without the seductive charm that kept you hanging in. It settled into.....nothing. Nothing good, and then about 5 minutes later, just nothing. Never had Fahrenheit behaved like this before!! Call my crazy, but I sense a reformulation, much as some other reviewers do. This has been the death of many old favorites, such as Lagerfeld, Lagerfeld Photo, Royal Copenhagen....but I would be quite sad to see Fahrenheit go the way of the buffalo....

jerseyjoe1981
jerseyjoe1981

@reinhard love the analysis....love the show.....love fahrenheit

Garyjames
Garyjames

I somehow secured a bottle of this when I was in junior high and wore it (with my hair rakishly combed back and hairsprayed) to the school dance. I thought I was gods gift to women. Now whenever I smell this I am instantly transported back in time to the night as I was getting ready for the dance. Whether or not a petroleum-smelling eighties powerhouse fragrance was appropriate for a fourteen year old dork or not didn't matter. I just thought it smelled amazing.

reinhard5490
reinhard5490

Dean Winchester driving along the lonely road at night. Sam sleep next to him. the roar of Impala broke the silence of the night. from faraway, Csstiel notice the very masculine odor. something about leather jacket, old seats of Impala. its so masculine, Castiel knows its Dean... down in the front of Impala steering wheels, Dean Winchester opening the console box of his impala. a salt-rock shotguns, a 9mm pistol and a bottle of Dior Fahrenheit. he smiles and close the console box

down in a local bar, a sexy brunette, barely 25 talks a warm conversation with this masculine guy in leather jacket. how he dress, how he smelled. all is said masculine and a real man that ready to cuddles you in bed for a night that you'll never ever forget. half an hour after that, Sam looks at Dean. "so whats you got apart from her number?" Dean shrugged his shoulder and shows Sam her phone number. Sam astonished, "what's this dude secret?"

One day, Sam opened the console box when Dean was dragged down to hell. he found the bottle of Fahrenheit. he raised his eyebrow and sprayed 2 shots, that last 8 hours at least. instead of hot girls, Sam get Ruby, the demon girl

Dean get resurrected, he found out Sam had put iPod and pop music in his Impala, he later found out Sam drink Ruby's demon juice. Dean was furious... "Dude, what is this smell?" Sam stuttered... "t-this is your perfume... I found it in console box" Dean get really mad and punch him in the face, Sam falls down and making an excuse, "but I though you were dead men!" Dean walks out the door saying it slowly, "that boy using my mojo"

Gault
Gault

"Kerosene (...) is nothing but a perfume to me"

I dont think its a coincidence. Hundreds of reviews and I cannot believe not even one mentions Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 as a possible inspiration.

I love this :).

I do wear some mens scents but cant wear this out , as its uber masculine. A male friend made me a nice large decant out his splash bottle ( a vintage pre reform i think? as they may be all sprays now) I got a CK's obsession men decant too which has the same aphrodisiac effect on me :)

I wanted these decants so i can just put a bit on my wrist and enjoy inhaling the sexy , deep manly smell. Yummy!

My skin brings out the violet ( which is a good thing) The violet , spice and woods mixed with the aroma of "greasy car machanic" is so delicious. Warming and comforting. Could be OTT in the summer. Perfect for the cold season which is now creeping in.

Super strong and long lasting. Well worth the money and its what i believe they call a "panty dropper" !

Classic and must have for a males fragrance arsenal.

For butch , manly types .

samatl74
samatl74

This is a very clean and unique rich scent that lasts and lasts. Compliment getter galor...However I get bored of it pretty quickly but has a scent that I think will be cherished and appreciated in the 2080's even if it is an 1980's scent. It is a very warm fragrance and they named it perfectly. No more than 2 sprays on the neck with this powerhouse.

dainty.teechan
dainty.teechan

love this scent so much

denmannl
denmannl

I love this scent!

The smell of old car parts is amazing.
The dry down is even better.

This fragrance is not comperable with others, it's unique in its own way!

You love it, or hate it!
I LOVE IT! that's why it's my signature sent.

muffinman

I just changed oil in my car and my hands smell exactly like the opening of Fahrenheit. This is one of the most masculine scent I've ever tried. However the dry-down is quite generic.

matiassantafe
matiassantafe

Honestly, I don't know if I bought Fahrenheit because I like it, or just to bother other people who likes wearable 'flavor of the month' sporty fragrances. I don't find reasons to feel so terrified about this scent.
And by the way, I used to remember it more oily and more fuel-like. ¿Has been reformulated?

Erok32
Erok32

Fahrenheit is maybe the most vile smelling fragrance ive ever worn. It literally smells like gasoline or mechanics grease. Honestly, who on earth wants to smell like this?

Smyle12
Scent can be subjective.... you might smell something in a fragrance that someone else does not. Everyone's nose is different, fragrances blend with your skin and smell different on each person. To me...this has a vibe of bvlgari black to it, not exactly, but I definitely get it, maybe you don't, but as I would not tell you what you say you smell in a fragrance....please don't tell me what I do either.

Smyle12

Sorry, but to anyone out there expecting Fahrenheit to smell anything like Bvlgari Black, I have bad news to bear. Absolutely no other fragrance on this planet smells like Bvlgari Black, and certainly not Fahrenheit.

Nothing.

sherryxfilesfan

I love this! It reminds me so much of blvgari black! It has the same rubber note as black does.I accidentally purchased this and didn't realize it was a "male" fragrance but I totally can see this as a unisex fragrance.

Soap
Soap

Hot leather car seats. Yes, it smells slightly "automotive" (thanks to the citrusy woods and leather notes), but it smells mildly fizzy to me, almost with a ginger ale quality.

Why is a woman interested in wearing it? I'm glad you asked.

Frankly, I'm tired of women's evening fragrances smelling medicinal and antiseptic like embalming fluid. Fahrenheit is another men's fragrance that I am turning into a unisex scent and wearing this fall and winter; estrogen changes the game.

Fahrenheit (well, DIOR) gets it right.

walesman
walesman

tried this in boots in cardiff last christmas time seemed to dull for me and not alluring,

I was not that impressed.

Ultra.Black7
Ultra.Black7

بوی خیلی خیلی عجیبی داره
انگار چند تا ادکلن کاملا متفاوت رو با هم مخلوط کردین
تست کردم و زیاد با سلیقه من جور نبود

taster

I tried this on my wrist in perfume shop. Smelled exactly like motor oil and a bit of gasoline. Hard to imagine who could put this on..maybe some action heroe from Hollywood films. First try before buy, because this fragrance may not suit your taste. Longevity is very ok
Overall it's good 7/10 and despite of weird motor oil smell I'll try Fahrenheit sometime again.

jandajohn
jandajohn

just horrible scent. sort of brings back childhood memories. smells like old people and bitter salad dressing. love the other dior scents but cant believe people like wearing this

Quasar

An amazing scent.....smell of herbs flowers contrasted with leather.......warm and sophisticated......timeless......and yes nothing smell likke this.
Masterprice

Masterprice

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

One of my favorites of all time. Honey, bergamot and violet, redolent of fresh-cut grass and gasoline. Not everyone will like it, but those who do will fall in love with it.

Smyle12

Although I do appreciate your review, the bottle is a timeless classic and I hope will NEVER be redesigned. It is a work of art, and no, it does not look like it came from the 1980s whatsoever. Just beautiful in all regards...

I want I WaNT I WANT!!!
O..M..G
What a bloody shame this is on the designer shelf. It is worth sooo much more than that.
IMO It knocks socks off Creed and some Amouage - some Niche fragrances are just, well, over-hyped-over-priced.

If this was on a Niche label, and £150 a bottle, would still buy it.

What the hell can I smell? I just cannot nail it. whatever it is, its gorgeous. A kind of celery/herby, but Im sure not vetiver.. and it goes on and on and on. The original and best..sure thing, the bottle might need re-designing to shake off that old 1980s look, but hell, who cares! Just dont change the contents!

ScentsAreEverything
ScentsAreEverything

Timeless classic.

Longevity: 10/10 , Beast mode
Projection: 9/10 , superb
Versatility: 8/10, it is a loud scent for winter and fall
Overall smell: 10/10, wonderful top and heart, violet blast, and the lovely gasoline note...
Compliments: TONS, not a single negative comment...

Try then buy, not everyone will like it.

Overall: reformulated or not, I don't care, it is 10/10
in any case.

plastik
plastik

I have only owned the reformulated version. I do not get any of the gasoline smell that the vintage version is supposed to have. Instead I get a leathery musky scent that sort of gives it a dated smell.

JohnMc

If you're one of the many millions of devotees (have you seen the sales stats on this baby) then try the soap bar accompanying product! Unbelievable - words fail me...

EderSampaio
EderSampaio

Loved it

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Disclaimer: Not a fan of this type at all, so any1 looking for a glowing entry, please kindly skip ahead!

I'm always thinking that for all the world, niche fragrances were just over-glorified extremes of perfumery-art. The bizarre, audacious and inspired all covered.

After many disappointments, I thought I'd do a drop-in on only one of the most up-talked designers of all time.

So, what does it smell like? What can this absolute titan of all scent titans have to offer to this saturated World of scents, with it's Hollywood listing of a note breakdown and iconic reputation the Brad Pitt of Perfumes?? Petrol. Petrol in a deep wood. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a fragrance that accurately- and with quite some degree of quality may I add, depicts the aroma of gasoline in deep woods.

There is some development after, with some spice, violet floral and more woody-musk - but this is the case for a million other perfumes. Here the focus is-- Petrol. Now, I may stand corrected later here- I like the smell of raw gasoline at the pumping stations. But as an olfactory coat? An object of self and general gratification? To smell of a car-fill up session gone all wrong? Maybe it's the 'oh-so-manly biker-leather love thing going on? Just, wow.

I felt all perplexed, transfixed and amused at once, yet also silently smug at the fact that my stubborn 'upper-nose' move to a mainstay in the niche world had been justified- and in no small way.

Shrugging my shoulders, I paused for thought. Then went back to exploring the Creeds et al.

2/5, just to please the scary biker petrolheads.

SusanNJ74
SusanNJ74

My FAVORITE men's cologne. At first sniff, ages ago, it put me off a bit - but as I matured, I grew so in love with this scent. Now if I smell it, it's like an instant aphrodisiac - enticing, sensual, arousing...just MMMMMM!

keffy
keffy

If you dont Like Leather, then this is not for you. Farenheit has a very intense leather smell. This fragrance will last all day without a doubt, great for the winter, this thing cuts through the wind, it kinda reminds me of the gasoline scent when i go to the gas station based on the intensity. it projects well and if you dont have this in your collection, i recommend it as a must have.

garett

I love you dior fahrenheit - suffices everything about it.I love the leathery , combusting diesel smell of you.It makes me hot and feel hot.It increases the temperature.Some kind of volcanic adventure mania about it for me.Bottle creates a feeling of amber in hands.This is a dope 80's stuff , sometimes making me say " damn you boy , u stick in the eighties still" and i say hell yeah

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

An extreme long lasting & projecting unique fragrance, which is an iconic masterpiece..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-6 hours - 1.25 foot projection- Brilliant strength. This is a potent hot spicy, very dominant leather and sometimes medicinal fragrance which IMHO is incredibly raw masculine in the stereotypical sense and sexy to the max..It becomes more smokey on the skin after 3 hours but the projection remains true. There are so many ingredients to this frag, which melt into a singular unique scent which for me does not need to be broken down, instead this is one unique blended smell which remains mostly linear and is a masterpiece.

6-9 hours - 7 inch projection - WOW. It is now much more spicer on skin and more mature - ages 44-60 but the projection is less mature -Ages 30-58

9- 12 hours - 3.5 inch projection - Still around me in a cloud

12-15 hours. Close to skin

A confidence bringing, arousing, huge fragrance which you will never forget its distinctive smell...

Masterpiece

gracearabella
gracearabella

For me on the right person, in a word sex. I work with a very sexy Doctor and he knows I love it, so when he wears it its like christmas for me. I do have to make sure that I comment though when he wears it, otherwise he will marinate himself in it if I dont. This I find very amusing as I dont mind, he can just slather it on and I'm like a cat rolling in catnip,I just laugh when I see his poor patients gagging for air when they come out of his room, I smile and think these poor people are suffering because of me. Bring it on. Havent smelt the other versions though, do they have the same raw carnal impact.

annahaener
annahaener

wow, wonderfull fragrance! sniffed it today and thought... yak! then gave it a try on my skin, no idea why i did it, cos didnt like at all... well on my skin it smells amazing... just amazing, from the paper and botlle yak - can't stand it, but on skin!.. wow Wonderfull!!!

elsekymeky
elsekymeky

It's the Legendary Fragrance from Dior , they never make something like it yet, since 1988.
It's Unique, amazing, strong, new, you'll never smell like it , other makers try to do something like it and they couldn't.
Good for young ppl, perfect for Adults. All Occasions.
You'll never regret you wear it.

Aspendina
Aspendina

(Girl's review) this is a very strong leathery scent then it dries down to a very creamy lite leather scent. Love the dry down, very nice.

fishmerised
fishmerised

Oh yum, yum, yum. Tried it today with hubby and it's so delicously decadent. Hubby didn't like it, it did nothing for him, about 20 mins later he took another sniff and declared he liked it, he said it smelt nothing like when he first applied it.

Normally I impulse buy fragrances, if I love it then I MUST have it, but this would have been the 2nd Dior purchase in a month so it will have to wait a while.

I'm definatey going to explore more men's frags - yummy!

MShumaker5
MShumaker5

I've never in my life come across a better cologne. It lasts forever, has great projection, and smells absolutely wonderful. I know it is extremely popular, and people will recognize it on you, but this is WELL worth your money. 11/10 for sure.

Tuvok
Tuvok

I'm suprised that so many men dont like this scent because it really smells in the begining like petroleum and come on guys, almost every guy likes that smell, the smell of the military vechicles, sports cars etc. Ok then, only true men love the smell of gas, tar, burned tires. And true men love Fahrenheit.

shycosid
shycosid

this is your genie in a bottle, if you ever had a wish wish for this colonge its the oldest best smell out there

Alphonse.lebere
Alphonse.lebere

White tshirt, blue jeans, grass stains, oil stains, spring time yard work. You just got done mowing the lawn and you turn the law mower over to clean off the caked on grass purée while wearing the usual bulk-buy leather gloves with the suede-like finish. It wreaks of moist, damp green earth, maybe some of your mom/wife/girlfriends carnations and honeysuckle plants that accidentally somehow got ran over and put into the mix-- as well as exhaust and some of the gasoline you spilt down the engine will refilling the tank. That is Dior Fahrenheit. I think you can wear this anytime of the year and anytime of the day. It is always invigorating. It could very well be a signature scent. If you have fond memories of what I explained or you just plain and simply like the idea, I suggest you buy this, even on blind buy. It is pricey, my bottle was around 80$ on amazon and was well worth it.

5/5.
People can get their own ideas about a certain cologne by looking at the notes and other reviews, but this fragrance does what it is supposed to do very well, and there is a reason is was introduced in 1988 and is still very well respected and priced high to this very day.

Thankyou for reading.

LaSenorita
LaSenorita

Sexy, sexy, sexy. I love this on my guy. I mostly get the strongest leather scent, tempered by a cooling, herbal mint which is probably the violet leaves and/or lavender. They are just heavenly together. And it's true, a little goes a long way, and I think too much of it may possibly smell a bit dated, but applied correctly it is sex in a bottle. Very masculine, very confident. Any man wearing this (lightly) is bound to turn heads for all the right reasons!

waine
waine

I smelt this on a test strip a few weeks ago. I needed more time to write a fair review. Yesterday I applied three sprays to my wrist from the test bottle and went about my shopping excursion as usual.

I got the alluded to “gasoline” note in the beginning. I can relate to the robust, hairy, rugged, overall clad “mechanic” manly image that the opening delivers. I was patient, allowing the “burned rubber” and “motor-oil” to dissipate and the dry down to manifest its perceived glory. Then a complete twist unfolded. The pleasant floral notes appeared, the most predominant being a very familiar Violet. It is like the rugged man showered and applied a feminine scent under his hairy armpits. It hit me, this is nothing special. I felt a little let down after having such high expectations.

Overall, not a bad perfume, but in my opinion Fahrenheit is overrated. There was no “Wow!” I was not moved by this so called “masterpiece.” This “classic” did not cause the earth to shake. Perhaps it has been re formulated since its launch in 1988 and its subsequent heyday, I don’t really know.

For the little extra money demanded by the “quality” house of “Dior” I feel there is much better in the more modern bottles on the shelves today.

Fahrenheit has not “found” me, and I will not be “found” purchasing it. It gets one “degree” out of five.

Chapter closed.

muffinman

Pure motor oil for the first 2 hours. Then turns into a fresh floral scent that would be very familiar to many people. Not bad smelling but you won't be the only one wearing this for sure.

blauriche
blauriche

I really don't understand the allure of this fragrance. To me it smells like someone sprayed OFF in a service station.

nillojapa
nillojapa

Fahrenheit is a classic and unique until nowadays.
The top notes remind me gasoline and it's totally diferent from any other fragrance and in the dry down come the violet and vetiver doing a very good blend. Just trying to know how much it's good

Grottola

It's hard to say where the current era of fragrances began exactly, but I'll wager 1988 to be the closest date. You could say that Green Irish Tweed (1985) kind of helped to usher in the current era, as it still smells modern as ever, but I feel like 1988 is when things really began to take off.

I mean, come on, Fahrenheit, Cool Water, Eternity, New West? All in the same year? Perfumers knew a change was on the way, and the 80's weren't even over yet.

Among the most influential fragrances launched in 1988 is Fahrenheit, which could probably be placed among the top ten most influential men's fragrances ever. For YEARS I disliked this one, and never really gave it a fair chance. The "motor oil" smell turned me off, which is strange, considering how I've always loved the smell of the gas station. Maybe it was the fact that I was reminded more of an oil-stained shirt.

However, I've been giving Fahrenheit more and more chances lately, and I'm finally starting to see why the stuff is so popular. First and foremost, Fahrenheit was the first fragrance after Grey Flannel to really utilize violet leaves. Green Irish Tweed used them, but that's more of an ambergris/verbena fragrance. Grey Flannel's violet accord is a bit too putrid, vegetal, and abrasive to my liking. Fahrenheit really smoothed out violet leaf, which is one of the most distinctive notes in all of perfumery. It can have green elements (grassy), fruity elements (think bananas or cucumbers), and oily-gaseous facets. Fahrenheit famously exhibits the oily-gaseous facets, and also features a prominent cardamom note, which is also pretty influential (cardamom, at least to me, has an apple pie kinda smell, and it dominates fragrances such as Paco XS and YSL L'Homme).

So, the central accords I get out of Fahrenheit are violet leaf, cardamom, nutmeg, and a warm, slightly rubbery leather. Something else that makes Fahrenheit unique is the weird balance of clean and dirty. Not only can it give off the aroma of warm, freshly-washed male skin, but the oily, rubbery, gaseous aroma also sticks out. Creating a balance like that requires a lot of talent that not even many fragrances today can replicate.

Fahrenheit CAN smell dated if too much is applied. I remember about a year ago walking into the restroom at the grocery store, and a gentleman walked past me wearing too much Fahrenheit. Even though this man looked be only in his early 40's, clean-shaven, with pristinely slicked-back hair, the overapplication Fahrenheit made him smell old and perverted. So, make no mistake, Fahrenheit IS a strong fragrance and it does last a while, but if you apply it just correctly, it can be a crowd pleaser.

I'd feel weird wearing Fahrenheit with a suit and tie. I find it more casual than anything else.

Finally, I'll touch up on the reformulation. As of 2012, Fahrenheit is on its fourth reformulation, with a recent box and cap redesign. Dior has been known lately for their pretty rough reformulations (Miss Dior, Diorissimo, Dioressence, Poison, and Eau Sauvage have been screwed up pretty badly), but Fahrenheit has managed to stay pretty faithful to the original. It's a lot sweeter than it used to be, with more cardamom, and a sweeter, less dirty violet leaf. My nose is VERY sensitive to violet leaf, and thus, I personally prefer the original formulation, in the box with solid contrast between blue, red, and gold. The current stuff is good, but I'd recommend the vintage... it can still be found. The vintage stuff is less sweet and more balanced.

Either way, I'm glad to finally have an understanding with Fahrenheit, and will probably end up snagging a first formulation bottle soon.

As a final note, Jean-Paul Guerlain has said that Fahrenheit is one of the few modern masculines worthy of being called a "masterpiece". With someone as legendary as Jean-Paul Guerlain saying that, I'd definitely take notice.

cookiechuy
cookiechuy

Once I read in a blog that this perfume chooses you and not the other way around. Damn! Was that guy right! I remember when I was a kid my uncle had it, even though I don't remember the smell of it, the bottle caught my eye. The years went by, and every time I went shopping for a perfume I always saw the bottle but never really cared to ask for a sample. Two years ago, I finally asked the sales person to give me a sample. I smelled it and thought ´´Wow, this smells awful´´, and did not buy it. Time went by and again, every time I asked for a sample to smell, damn! I couldnt stand it. Until last year, I was shopping and I saw the bottle again, and went for it, this time I didn't even ask for a sample. And wow! When I first tried it on me, the first things that came to my mind were gasoline, fire, hot, strong, sweat.... But after a few minutes, I really loved it. It is strong, very long lasting and it smells great on me. In a few words, it's a MAN'S perfume, it´s how a man should smell... It smells like a strong, hard working, sweating man in a gasoline station. And yes the perfume chose me... Not for everybody though.

bave.khalil
bave.khalil

one word (BEST).

biggerm82
biggerm82

Out of all my bottles, I have the most respect for this one. Everything you hear is true. Petroleum, dirty, oily, green and smooth. This is the only fragrance I have that doesn't smell "pretty". It smells good, it's just nothing like any of the other ones. It's not bright, clean or sweet. It's quite the opposite. However, it smells great. You can tell it has Dior's quality and I get compliments on this one all the time. I've heard "it smells familiar" from women a little older than me, but they don't know it by name. This fragrance reminds me of sitting in a freshly restored '68 Camaro with leather seats. Dead summer, no air conditioning, windows down, driving down a road with lush greens all over the sides of the road.

Longevity = 8-10 hours
Projection = 10/10

sameh
sameh

I have tried it in the winter , GOOD EDT , but i like the INTENSE VERSION BETTER , although the bottle design of the original is BETTER , cause i like THE HEAVY STUFF !

Smyle12

Parfum perfection, love it or hate it. Creatively, a seminal masterpiece. I LOVE this scent! Fahrenheit is like a fiery, beautiful, sensual, exotic woman. You may never fully understand her, but her magnetism is as unmistakeable as it is unforgettable; an experience you will forever treasure unless you can't take the heat. Fahrenheit is not for the shy, staid, meek, timid, or pragmatic. To me, the smell of this fragrance reminds me of how a Brach's "Cinnamon Disk" tastes, or perhaps the smell of a roiling, boiling, molten, red-hot, pot of them, as well as so many other delicious, intriguing, deep, dark, clean, dirty, soapy, edgy things... THAT is Fahrenheit. A 10/10. To call this a "classic" is to do it grievous injustice. My only complaint is that, for me, it is too bold to serve as my "signature scent", but by that same token, it's this brash exclusivity that has, for nearly 25 years, given Fahrenheit its enigmatic mystique; an enduring fragrance and endearing memory in the minds of many.

kkoun
kkoun

Blast of nutmeg and leather. Spicy yet fresh. Yes it does smell like gasoline but I love it. Looking for a vintage bottle. For me it stays the same spicy leathery peppery patchouli scent throughout its life. Projects well and lasts 6 hours or so.
Absolutely original fragrance from the house of Dior. Thank you

Verdict: 9/10

moynah

Its 20 years since I smelled this - so time to refresh my nasal passages. And WHOA! That scent takes some beating! Now, let me see, where shall I begin. The spice - no we are not taking your grampa's cant run up the stairs Old Spice here, we are talking a sexy, hot, sizzling spice - spice that says "hey you wanna smell a sexy spice? well here you go!"

Its pretty potent stuff, but wait for the dry-down and then the liquid gets to work. The heat will tepid off and then you will discover the gentle maiden, as opposed to her Iron Maiden first spray sister.

A bunch of lavender, with lemon rind grated on top, a sprinkle of paprika still with the heat peeking through saying 'this heat aint going anywhere, baby! Im staying close'

The herb notes ARE there, but, its not a herb salad in your face. Far too hot, sweet and citrus like for that

Im sooo glad I grabbed this dusty test bottle in the store, the over hyped new scents get pride of place on the shelves with their posters, celebs, the free bags, the vouchers blah blah blah, whilst these get pushed to the back, which is a shame because they certainly are forever-treasures, and 'safe-bet' gifts for the special male

jrichart
jrichart

En una frase ''masculinidad americana en un aroma y en una botella'' esta es la mejor descripción a modo de compendio y sin entrar en matices de esta mítica y transgresora fragancia que es Fahrenheit de Dior. Este perfume amaderado-floral-almizcle es un monumento a la masculinidad al estilo ''macho'' como lo conocemos en España. He afirmado arriba ''masculinidad americana'' porque la mezcla ingeniosa de notas herbales, maderosas, resinosas, almizcladas y cuerosas se me hace un aroma como a fuel, vease gasolina o gasoil incluso, estos aromas me evocan como pueden oler un hombre de gran masculinidad como puede ser un motero conduciendo o arreglando una Harley Davidson en su garaje. En definitiva, un perfume de esos amor u odio pero de una masculinidad bien afirmada que no dejará indiferente a nadie.

pknbgr
pknbgr

This smell like fire in gas station. Great scent.

taboo2287
taboo2287

i would love to hug a man who smell like this <3

rienzope
rienzope

Started strong and rubbery, then mellowed for a while and thant was nice. But after 4 hours of wear I smelled like a tire shop. Thumbs down.

Kain
Kain

One of the a few 80's that doesn't smells dated and still it's a masterpiece.
It's very unique and definitely not for everyone!
Imagine this :
You are a mechanic and you have a small garage and you are wearing a leather jacket! the gasoline, petroleum and oil scents are in the air. one of your friend comes in and say : Hi! happy birthday my friend! here, take this beautiful flowers. you put that flowers in a vase in your garage!
That petroleum and floral scents mix together and for unknown reason you have a mossy smell in the air too! lol
Here you are! you have Fahrenheit!
Great projection and good longevity with this guy!
Definitely not a blind buy!
يه عطر شاهكار و بي نظير كه بوي بسيار منحصر بفردي داره و صد البته هركسي خوشش نمياد
تصور كنين كه شما يه مكانيك هستين و يه گاراژ دارين
بوي گازوئيل و روغن همه جا رو فرا گرفته
ناگهان دوستتون مياد تو و يه دسته گل بهتون ميده و ميگه تولدت مبارك
شما دسته گل رو تو يه گلدون تو همون مغازه ميزارين
بوي گازوئيل و گل ها با هم تركيب ميشه و بدلايل نامعلومي كمي هم بوي مشك تو فضاي اونجا پيچيده (آخر تخيل بي منطق! :دي). بفرمايد! شما حالا فارنهايت دارين
بوي خيلي خاصي داره كه خوشايند خيلي ها نيست اما اگه خوشتون بياد پي به عظمت اين شاهكار ميبرين
پخش بو و ماندگاري بسيار خوبي داره
به هيچ وجه اينو بدون تست نخرين. به هيچ وجه

preetmonger
preetmonger

I bought Fahrenheit back when it came out in 1988. I really gave it a chance and wore it quite a few times. Unfortunately, to my nose, it always smelled like raw, bloody meat marinated in gasoline, so I ended up giving it away to a friend of mine who can appreciate it. It is truly vile juice (to my nose). PFUI!!!

esteban.trujillo
esteban.trujillo

Great Scent smells very Manly Looking For a vintage bottle of Fahrenheit even if its half way. Great musky cologne

nightwish2011
nightwish2011

One of the 1st fragrances that I sniffed. Wonderfully unique!!! Everyone should have this one. I'm 25 and I love this fragrance.

stayclose
stayclose

The first frag I ever got. That was a long time ago you have to be really confident to wear this. Who ever thought of mixing up all those notes and ending up withthis scent is a genius. Its a old one but for those just starting I would think the newer formulas out have brought it up to date.

aristocrat
aristocrat

Bit too mature for me! Good fragrance for the older gentleman!!

Jona16
Jona16

Un perfume difícil, intrusivo, no huele a nada conocido en perfumería, aunque se gasten en explicar de qué está hecho. Para mi, lo destacable es que es masculino en extremo, a ninguna mujer se le ocurriría usar este. En pocas palabras huele como a un varón salido de un taller de autos, una mezcla extraña de aceite de máquinas, algo astringente, picante, sudoroso. Obligatorio probarlo antes de comprarlo!!!

LANIER
LANIER

Pure gas pump jockey, sweat stained wife beater and oil under the nails. If that is you then buddy you have hit pay dirt. You know that pungent shooting right to the back of the eyeballs smell of gasoline? Well mix that with years old garage floor oil stains and an old leather jacket the dog sleeps on and you have Fahrenheit by Dior.... Shut the garage Dior I am heading over to Chanel.

dmoman
dmoman

nope ZELJO, it's strong and vulger if you ask me. You will not catch me wearing this stuff. No pun attended perhaps it's one of thoughs fragrances I have to use for a while to like it.

ZELJO

seems I,m the only one who dislikes it, to me it smells vulgar, cheap and artifficial, and reminds me to vulgar people from late 80s

misterjohn
misterjohn

After sampling this fragrance, I knew I had to have it. Bottle just arrived yesterday, and I'm sporting it today. What a unique and wonderful fragrance. I was playing Forza Motorsports on the Xbox yesterday evening while wearing this and, somehow, the two go together. The hint of gasoline puts me in mind of performance cars, sunny Sunday afternoons at the track, and the throaty roar of engines.

While I like all the phases of this scent, the drydown is the best. I get leather and amber and musk, but in a very dark way. Great stuff. 10/10.

sabrian
sabrian

Wow, look at all these reviews. And just too add up to the many voices of this fragrance, to me (an on me) it smells like cucumber. Sheer, fresh cucumber. As if i took one and smeared it all over my neck. And yes, I also see why many mention gasoline... I have to agree - a quite unique fragrance.

foxmulder_FBI
foxmulder_FBI

Not much needs to be said about Fahrenheit. Is an absolute classic that I consider to be the best masculine fragrance of all time. Like most of these reviews, I have nothing but praise for the smell, projection, and longevity of Fahrenheit.

While I would like to break down the smell of this Dior masterpiece, nothing I can say could bring anything new to the table. Fahrenheit is incredibly unique, and to me, brings the best leather note to any cologne. Leather, light florals, and freshly cut grass, are what I get from Fahrenheit, but the juice is so unique that you shouldn't judge it based off reviews, go try it out.

10/10. Just perfect, J'Adore Dior!

pollyjean23
pollyjean23

Mee. Ow.

@acv43 - Are you sure you're not really Zooey Deschanel's character, Jess, on New Girl in disguise? LOL. Such a great review!

I, too, love Fahrenheit. The herbal, smokey, brooding scent catches my attention immediately. I rarely come across anyone who wears it, which is a shame. I don't think DH cares for it, so I shall learn to appreciate it in the bottle or on a piece of cardstock.

acv43
acv43

My boyfriend had exactly one cologne, and one only
it is a sad little bottle of a cologne called ink that i bought for him probably 5 or 6 years ago from a teenagy clothing store back when we both were still in high school.
Now my boyfriend is not overly into grooming, he is clean of course, and showers regularly, but he rarely even bothers with hair product, or really any other grooming product, definitely not the cologne wearing type if you catch my drift.
I found his sad little bottle of Ink the other day while tidying up and it looked so sad and forlorn that i had to put it with my perfume collection...just for company i guess.
It was his sad little ink bottle that made me get a wild hair up my ass to find my man a real mans cologne.
So without further ado i garbed my BF and took him to the nearest Macy's mens department, where we preceded to smell pretty much every scent they had to offer- the salesman cautioned us, smelling everything in the store would probably result in a crushing headache-but we soldiered on...we had a job to do after all.

As i expected, my BF hated everything, he has very discriminating taste (thus he landed an excellent girlfriend like myself, lol).
yet finally he found ONE fragrance that he said he "really liked"( those are pretty powerful words coming from my BF) and it was Dior Fahrenheit !!
I had smelled Fahrenheit before, prompted by my undying love for dior, and i had thought it incredibly sexy. I was so happy that he had chosen such a sexy manly scent as Fahrenheit- I was certain that he would chose a aquatic scent ( they are nice, but a dime a dozen)- it was my very own Christmas miracle! (although actually it was more like a January miracle)Now my BF not only has a signature scent, but one of the best men's fragrances ever made (in my humble opinion)

Now if you've taken the time to read this ramble, your probably thinking by now, good god woman, are you actually going to talk about how it smells yet?
yes my friends
Dior Fahrenheit is utterly sexy and masculine. The opening is a subtly fruity citrus with an underlying leather smell which remains prominent throughout. I don't know for sure which ingredient i am smelling but their is definitely a smokey smell- like smelling your clothes after you have been around the bonfire. There also some wonderful herbal notes that declare themselves after the initial citrus blast. I can't smell any florals exactly, but this is so complex smelling i can't wrap my brain around all the components.

If your a man and wear this, women will take their panties off and throw them at you wherever you go...okay that's not true because things like that don't happen in real life, but this is a sexy smell, no joke.

Ok, ramble completed

stella-00
stella-00

I am not a man and do not wear this, - BUT as somebody wrote below- it is INSTANT approval, - by men or women..... This is my favourite perfume for men - plus Chanel Allure has the equal power,- that is it.

I have been buying it to EVERY of my men for whatever occasion arose, and now, since my son is 9 y.o. ( 12 now) he has been always having Fahrenheit in his little collection.

This perfume just so addictive and attractive, - it is like a drug. and no matter how well i know it and how many times i have been 'wrapped' in it - i always turn my head towards a person who wears it. absolute winner for men!!! a 'must have" disarming weapon!

andy
andy

great exotic woods, warm spices and sensual florals perfectly blended with lots of sillage and staying power..... a masterpiece

It may actually be ideal to wear this now since everyone else is just wearing citrus/aquatic and more "fresh fougere" scents because this really defines itself and its a great scent to wear

cmaceira
cmaceira

weak in the knees.. I am attracted to many scents on a man, but this one takes the cake. If my man wears this, he'd better be ready for some serious attention from me ;) I can't stay away, it's almost as if there were pheromones in it!

rivet6
rivet6

I am a female and roughly about 20 years ago I went to Canada for a vacation.I was at a club and a young man was wearing the best scent that I had ever smelt. He said that it was Fahrenheit.When I returned home I bought a bottle for myself to wear and bought three after that.Loved to wear It in my 20s to early 30s.So what if its mens.

moimeme
moimeme

Used to be one of those fragrances to wear to go out, get a lot of attention and be able to handle it, very sexy but manly and rough,IMO. My mom, which is sensitive to scents, used to say to wear it away from her even after only one pump, very noticeable.

Ceca
Ceca

Simply the best.

Anyone who wears it (this is scary thought) has instant approval and admiration from me regardless of who they are. Yes, I am bias.

For the rest of you all others who never discovered it I take pity.
So go on try it and you will never be disappointed, whether it attracts other people to you because of it or you will simply want more and more of it.

Fahrenheit is the only perfume which I love smelling it on myself (not many I can smell on myself or they just dont work on me at all). Fahrenheit makes me so powerful,untouchable. The best thing about it is that everyone else loves it too without even knowing it.

jberardo
jberardo

It's a rainy day, imagine yourself in your garage, wearing those favorite jeans of your's and a leather jacket and white t-shirt. You're fixing your weapon of choice, a harley-davidson or a Muscle car. Everytime I wear this Leathery petrol "floral" I am transported to the scenario above. Beastial longevity and not a slap to your face projection. Best suited for whenever you want to use being from a summer day at your yard to a black tie event on the winter. No wonder is my favorite fragrance so far.

tuky

This parfume definately needs a time to heat up!
Now, after 12 hours or more, I still smell my 3 puffs.
I am not offenced anymore. :D.

Longevity - 10
Sillage - 8 it leaves a trail of masculine smell - beyond that smell of: "petrol" like.

Whatever I'll be back to say about the juice because it is to comlicated to describe it.
I have to discover the heat inside the bottle.

tuky

Just bought it today...at 7 p.m.
Now at 9 p.m. I barely smell it. I tried it two times in the past and is lasted 10-12h...and now...or maybe was the first spray...
I couldnt understand it in 2 hours...how to desctibe it if it;s already gone ??
I hope it was the first and last time.... :(

acheron
acheron

I just loved first fragrance version. I had it some 15 years ago. This reformulation was disappointment for me. But after one or two months of hard testing and trying it. I just fell in Love with it... again. :) Women around me love it.

Pacco
Pacco

Less is more with Fahrenheit, yet powerful and unique leathery scent that isn't made for everybody. Do not blind-buy, try first.

ScottyVizz

If I got the vibes of motor oil and gasoline like everyone else does when they wear Fahrenheit, I certainly wouldn't be wearing and it CERTAINLY wouldn't be in my top 5 of all time.
I get spiced florals, dry citrus, leather, some spices, and loads of green notes. It's absolutely gorgeous and I am surprised that so many people consider this best seller to be controversial. I feel more daring when I wear fragrances like L'eau D'issey Pour Homme and Dolce & Gabbana (Original). This, however, just suits me and I get nothing but love when I wear this.
It has a thick and fizzy opening without being loud and overbearing. The greens and citrus make a great presence and makes you feel like you're taking a walk in the forest during the early beginnings of spring. Vegetation is blossoming with the lestover decay of dead plants, the ground has wet spots from the melted snow, and the air is dewy. Fahrenheit is a freaking masterpiece.

danielmventer
danielmventer

This won`t suit me ,however as most of the lads know, this one is a controversial , unique ,interesting,`I dont give a F what other people think`-type fragrance. To say it as blunt as that.

And so just as it should be! Because fragrances must be distinct from each other to make it unique to a person`s personality.

I can also see that people can claim that it could make them feel nauseous as this one is strong and intense like The Terminator on his bike. You get the idea now?! LOL

There is a bitter soapy opening that I cannot analyze and it`s a bit frustrating. But dare I say ginger /grassy Chypre. I don`t get the diesel/petrol scent. And if that was in there then surely I should get a bit high on them fumes...Maybe someone else knows?....
Marcel

gabscarmona
gabscarmona

magnificent scent, one of the best fragances for men. Absolutely masculine, though captivating.

temmy85
temmy85

This scent is a masterpiece.

Roqfort

Just perfect scent. One of the best ever made.

Aegis
Aegis

Vibe: Handling an F1, taking it to 18000 rpm, high quality motor oil-gasoline.

Top: its stars with the motor gasoline-oil note, maybe coriander, i dont know what causes this note but is simply amazing. 15 mins -1 hr

Heart: the gasoline note disappear, it gets sweety and woody with a hint of quality spices. 4-6 hr

Base: Woody base, sweet and sour, patchuly and leather, just perfect. 4 hr

Overall: a Masterprice, unique, ethereal and earthy, godlike and mundane, just poetic.

It suits anybody, but you must have balls to wear it, an alpha male scent not for wimps.

malmon
malmon

Awkward opening. Not really for my liking at first, then it dries down to a nice manly scent. This perfume isn't for everyone. Very daring, complex and very masculine. I think men who wear leather jackets and ride motorcycles should wear this. I do not recommend this for everyday use. I think this scent is suitable if you are about to murder someone or something.

Longevity - 8/10
Sillage - 8/10
Scent - 6/10

harith
harith

only I need to know why Fahrenheit has a gasoline opening ???? then it fades out within 20-30 min. to have the nice accords afterwards.

sf2explus
sf2explus

IMO one of diors best. The scent is very strange to be honest you can think of this scent as fresh at times and other times you get a sweet quality with leather which is always there from the start to the end. Its the leather that mixes with the freshly cut grass smell to give of the smell of burnt wood or petroleum. you always get the violet in the scent which at times is a little sour but sweetned with the tonka which is good. a very well balanced scent. the leather is done right, any more and would have killed the scent.The scent sillage is very good and will leave a trail if you go mentle. I use one spray to the neck and one big spray on clothes which is enough.
This would last between 8-12 hours on skin.
I do like the sprayer you get a very wide mist. the bottle is very well made cap is very good clicks into place.

Scent 8.5/10

dab
dab

Masterpiece! I love it. 10/10

zeynil
zeynil

I can change my way just to follow a guy who wears this!

Finisterle
Finisterle

Fahrenheit translates into smell the phenomenon known as "weather". Heat, cool, rain and winds - of these things speaketh the spirits that dwell in Fahrenheit. And they speak of these elements of weather not one at a time but simultaneously in a mesmerizing choir.

The picture of the whole of what weather is continues in the bottle design which dualistically echoes the canopy of an arid sunset and a rain drop at the same time.

Fahrenheit is a complete masterpiece. Nothing is missing.

alibaba
alibaba

This perfume encapsulates the passion and romance I felt for my future husband.

pansylady
pansylady

Just checked this one out today, and am I crazy, or does this smell a little bit like medicine and bandages?

... and yet, it has an undeniable appeal..

very stange

FRAGRANCEZ
FRAGRANCEZ

Truly a masterpiece.Great scent with very good longevity and projection

Senzadite
Senzadite

When i first smelled years ago, i tought that smelled like downy (fabric softner) and when i encountered again my mind had change.i get some gasoline-like aroma but is more like cherry-incense it feels warm and sensual...longevity is o.k. but not as big as other colognes that i own...still you can sense some class and attitude in it. A great fragrance.

Update 4/09/13: a shame that longevity is pretty bad, i had to take 10 points for that.

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

Charming, classic and unique scent
It smells like an old garage.
Old bags and sacks with dusty, but memorable materials.
A lawnmower, drippin' a bit gasoline on the ground.
Old wood furniture, which is inherited by an important person.
It all comes together perfectly, and creates a different, but fantastic scent.

narciso
narciso

It separates men from the boys :P
This one is a MUST HAVE for me!!
In one say; 'THE KING OF ALL PERFUMES'

DominicMC
DominicMC

You have to be the right person to wear this.

There is a reason why this fragrance was controversial...

That same reason is why it became a classic.

Bold & Different.

for a leather jacket type MAN, who goes by his on rules.

EDIT - JUNE 10 2012

New Rating 9/10

cyber861
cyber861

ای وای در مورده خیلی چیزا نظر دادم به جز ادکلنه مورده علاقه ی خودم.

یه بویه فوق العاده خاص و نشاط آور که هم آرامش مید ه و هم اشتیاق-پخش بوش خو-ماندگاری خوب-

تنها ادکلنیه که بیشتر از یک بار خریدم و ممکنه باز بخرم.

aleksylvester
aleksylvester

Very interesting, but"strange" fragrance.

And just as it should be!

Le Perfume must be distinct from other fragrances.

One of my favorites

MrMookie
MrMookie

Great scent! well balanced body but i cannot wear it anymore my nose became numb in this one... i like to smell it on others though.
classical masterpiece !

yeegits
yeegits

I don't get understand when people say it smells like gasoline, motor oil all this bs, this is a classic, masculant, masterpiece. One of my favorites of all time. Every single time i wear this, and i mean EVERY time i wear this i get a compliment, whether its from a man or a women. LASTS ALL DAY into the next morning easily on my skin.

10/10 in every aspect in my opinion

sqs
sqs

I have never enjoyed this scent when sampling the dept stores. I was looking for a good fall scent and kept hearing the buzz about this. When I first smelled the bottle I could instantly see why this is a fall classic and was excited to try. First thought I smelled damp gasolinechemical rubber floral. On the skin the rubber will slowly fade into a wet floral scent. I wanted to enjoy this and thought I was but it started to become overpowering and made me sick. Most people mention a leather note but I picked that up as chemical leather more rubber smell. This cologne has so many scents going on at once which may be a problem. I think it is a love or hate type of cologne.

jawad.khalid
jawad.khalid

an attractive unique fragrance of the 80's .However,it lost it's touch when a lot of harmful chemicals were discovered.Since, then dior failed to produce an improvement and Farenheit amidst all it's glory lost the title
of being the highest selling perfume

SergioCelane
SergioCelane

I would describe it as a kaleidoscope of smells. In each use different feelings spring from its multiple chords. Its rich notes merge into a unique harmony and make the fragrance become a global icon. a musthave for bold men anywhere in the world.

Rob Frost
Rob Frost

Today, for the first time, I've sampled Fahrenheit not only on paper, but on my skin - and boy, this perfume is something special:

A yummy concoction of moldy leather, dust, motor oil and paint that dried up in the can.

Not only is this the most non-mainstream and masculine fragrance that I've ever tried, it is, above all, by far the most "gothic". If you feel complimented when someone greets you with a hearty "You look like death", you might find that this fragrance accentuates your style quite nicely.

Update:
If you find Fahrenheit to be interesting, but unwearable or plain unattractive, you might want to try out Fahrenheit Absolute in which the original's theme reverberates, but mellowed and embedded in an overall much more wearable and nice smelling scent.

kagisho
kagisho

i had this during the late 90s while still younger. verrrry matured scent, i liked it.

jodee
jodee

I get a peppery blast when I sniff this. Really peppery and spicy, if you like peppery, this is your fragrance. I personally think this is too peppery and leathery for my taste. Mature, peppery, warm fragrance. Good for cooler months.

evilspin
evilspin

Awesome! But NOT for everyone. This fragrance chooses you. Not vice versa. As its name implies, it is a sexy fragrance and heats up any room. Its pheromones in a bottle practically. There is absolutely no problem or anything wrong with this fragrance...however, the thing that seem to keep having people negatively talk about is the petroleum. I just embrace it. Its whats unique about it. The other notes like violet and the tonka beans soften the oil scent and mixes so well it keeps things warm and inviting Tonka bean responsible for making things seam edible. Like a burning bakery all in caramel and glaze. The other notes blend to give it its earthy and soft notes that possibly make the oil scent not so horrid. The leather is what makes it overall sexy and recalls the night. The petroleum undeniably makes it masculine and rugged. Its what turns most off about it. But why? Because you immediately just picture dirty sweaty men in denim smeared in metal, grease and oil and want them bathed before going near you with their filth and dirty hands? Maybe thats the fetish Dior was going for. To intice women or remind them of that man they want thats handy in all aspects of home and outdoors. A smell reminiscent of the photographs of those dirtied muscle men in auto body shops they gawk at in male yearly calendars. But this keeps the rugged guys interested and the women weak in the knees as the whole concoction of notes recalls an alpha male. A man's man. An intimidating man that exudes sex. And the best part? That fact that its not for everyone. Because I dont see old, fatties, unattractive men or kids wearing it. But like I said, not everyone can pull this off. Like the name suggests and deemed as a sexy fragrance...not all can wear this. Because not everyone in the world can be or is just that, sexy!

pattnaik
pattnaik

A unique creation. The woody+Spicy content of the fragrance is adorable. Very long lasting, I like it wearing once in a while. But did not like the leather part of the formulation. My wife hates it.

SheShe
SheShe

I'm a woman and my husband wears it from time to time :)

I like the fragrance. It's an only fragrance with leather I can stand. It's such a saint-dirty scent... ;) On the one hand I can imagine a gentleman who drives his family in a car (with leather parts into the car) to school/work/etc., on the other a male who isn't boring in sex at all, he's very passionate, true manly :)Fahrenheit may feel a bit of an oldie but it's a great job. Thumbs up.

dgbhz
dgbhz

Undescribable...

krmarich

In 1988 Dior launched the last sensible fougere with leather accords. It immediately became a best seller. I was still in college and Polo was tossed aside for this. This was something good, right? It was status and class from Dior with a big price tag.

One of my college roommates had a giant bottle and I would sneek a spray a few times. It would always convey a sense of power and male dominance. I alway felt that Gray Flannel was the inspiration. That many florals had not been used since, including the violet. It was dense and oily. 1000s of flowers had to be in there!

The petrol note that some find sexy, other find dirty probably comes from the violet/leather accord. After a few hours it starts to quiet down to a very predictable and comfortable fougere. No one ever mentions this. Oakmoss, vetiver and patcholi are prevalent and wear great under a sweater. It is a cold weather friend and encourages cuddling. It wears like an old pair of shoes that you refuse to part with.

ilonachka
ilonachka

This scent has an overpowering effect on me making me week in the knees. I love it on a man.

Roqfort

Fahrenheit broke every rules in 1988 and is still perfect. It's a must have. Sexy, alluring and TIMELESS... Will be always in my top five...

silentrich
silentrich

Fahrenheit is a masterpiece that's stood the test of time. If not owned it should at least be experienced because it's unique.

ROUSAK
ROUSAK

i love this one, for strong confident men... long lasting... the only problem is when you put it every one knows what your are putting but stell a great fragrance

tuky

A clasic and oldish fragrance, but still weareble nowa days. An old man can wear this at this time in 2011 and I like to wear it BUT just for Reference.
IT DOES SMELL LIKE OIL but in a good way and it still remains fresh. A sexy fragrance, but not for everybody just like another weird ingredients...

WAX - Dior homme
RUBBER - Bvlgari black
SALT - Thiery Mugler womanity
SKIN - JP Gaultier GAULTIER 2 .etc.

Scentrist
Scentrist

What can you say about a masterpiece that hasn't already been said? For one, I gained even more of an appreciation of how classic, unique, and hypnotic this can be after having the experience of sampling Fahrenheit Absolute. It's like the experience of driving the Yugo after you've handled a Ferrari -- the newer fragrance doesn't hold a candle to the original.

I immediately wanted to smell the experience of that original, and rarely can one improve on something so nearly perfect, so balanced, and so unique. This is a fragrance about which everyone will have very strong feelings, and many will say that it varies from too resin-laden to overbearingly leathery. For me, it's just the perfect balance of warmth, woods, vetiver, amber, musk and heady florals.

In a word, brilliance. If only Dior would stop using the Fahrenheit moniker on every new fragrance versus dragging the reputation of the original through the muck.

sweetjane
sweetjane

All I can say about this fragrance is, as a woman smelling it on a man, it makes me weak at the knees.
It's almost overpowering and I want not to like it but it works like pheromones in bottle.
Yes I smell patchouli,leather, mandarin the violet and of course the vetiver - which in itself is an aphrodisiac to me.
This perfume is directly responsible for drawing me repeatedly back into proximity of a turbulent relationship. I love it and keep a near empty bottle stashed just for the memories!!
Dangerous stuff.

TommyB
TommyB

I have been wearing this great fragrance for fifteen years and it always garners compliments. Oil and leather with violet and honeysuckle florals. I will never be without this fragrance. A masterpiece.

scenturian
scenturian

My review was removed so I need to declare again, this is totally disaster, even from 130mt away when somebody wearing it makes me sick.
Please don't wear it to the public or office.
Thanx.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

Fantastic fragrance and a best seller since 1988. Great stuff.

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

I was testing this scent with my husband and we both said that it´s bad. Too strong smell of lether.

opius
opius

....remain MASTERPIECE .....for ever !

ccw888
ccw888

if u apply some of this onto ur wallet, it smells like a brand new wallet.

ION
ION

"Fahrenheit" was so awkward for its time, one can only admit that the Dior house was really open minded (no more than the perfume's creators one could logically argue though) when they decided to give it a try.
At first it gives the impression this is a perfume created by accident (personally, I maintain this impression) one of those happy accidents if you know what I mean :)).
While most probably it is the sexiest male perfume on the market it is definitely NOT for everyone.
In addition to this, it is a perfume that selects the subject that will wear it and not the other way round. When "Fahrenheit" doesn't like you, you just know it!
I feel this specific perfume (along with "Kenzo Homme") is the reason that keeps most of the perfumers going (clearly on a creative level), since what Fahrenheit does to a man's aura is almost tangible!
Women love it so much, but I guess you know that. ;-)

haborym26
haborym26

still my favourite fragrance,timeless and unique,but in contrast with my older version from 90ies,current is lighter.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

If you're a man's man, then wearing Fahrenheit is redundant to you, as you would already smell of motor oil and freshly cut grass. If you're a woman, wearing Fahrenheit would make you the sexiest woman alive. Fahrenheit, like Grey Flannel, was a fragrance that I put off trying for a long time. I felt it was right there with Cool Water and Polo as one of those "blah" scents, the kind you've smelled a million times on a million people over the course of millions of parties, pow-wows, and Pinot Noir tastings. Well okay, maybe not Pino Noir tastings. But you get the idea.

Of course, upon trying it, I found Fahrenheit to be different from anything else I'd ever smelled. The burst of petroleum and violet leaf from the top, joined later by hawthorn and honeysuckle, was quite enjoyable. The petroleum note persists through the drydown, lending the fragrance a perverse masculinity in the face of all those nectared flowers. The black tar smell is unique, a little dirty, and finds tension with the greener elements in the middle and base. Two thumbs up.

servana
servana

This smells like expensive leather car seats & exhaust fumes. I have very mixed emotions about this one.. I want to hate it, but I love it. This is a very interesting scent, it's like nothing I've ever smelt before. I would love to smell this on a guy... And I wish I had a tiny bottle of this, so I could just periodically take it out and enjoy the strange, yet wonderful scent... The contrast between the leather & violet leaf is so beautifully intriguing!

meshary007
meshary007

Orange leather .. good for Porsche !

Opens Fresh orange & flawers with leather dry down

Base note
LEATHER

lilac_wine
lilac_wine

i love smelling this on a man, in fact i am going to buy this for my boyfriend. i wouldn't hesitate wearing it too!

tjnikita
tjnikita

I love this fragrance on a man, it was my good friend Ajip who allured me to love this scent! mmmm...such enticing aroma with a sweet masculinity!A man who thinks he likes to groove & work out but feel emotions deeply with a great sense of sensitivity should partake this scent!

alaaddin777
alaaddin777

it smell very good on clothes.but on skin? it changes..
it does not smell good on my skin.perfect on clothes :)

Anisa
Anisa

I smelt this on a client and i had to ask him what he was wearing and have ordered it for hubby.

Dr_Spazmo
Dr_Spazmo

Tested it and it smells very unique and lasts a long time. Good job to the Dior house.

TokoUnion
TokoUnion

Explossively Sensuous !!!

fabodanilo
fabodanilo

Lo mejor , simplemente unos de los mejores perfumes para hom
bre que existen.

oxm
oxm

Fahrenheit, is a fragrance that has acquired many years supported, why is obvious: it is a fragrance that combines the tradition of male flowers with a new influence, the first time I felt I had a clear perception of rubber and leather, but also has a very subtle and sophisticated side, I think it can be worn in any season without problems.
Now is one of the classics, I think it can cross the tracks of Eau Sauvage
or Chanel n5, now part of the Hall of Fame.
Surprising

Stiletto51
Stiletto51

Not all man can pull this.

Upon sprayed, rubber scent will hit you hard and vivid. Picture black tire skid. Smell new tire, that's the top notes.

After the rubbery tire scent shy down.. bang, petroleum. And wet asphalt. And more petroleum. This is when mechanics busy changing oils and abusing engines. You can almost hear it roars.

Then comes the dry downs: leather, not in fancy luxurious way of limo seat, but in fatigued, stretched off road jeep's seat.

Fahrenheit is intriguing, full of character. You will either love or hate it.
Definitely masculine from start to finish. Man and not giving a damn.

Sillage: Bold on top notes. People around will feel like walking into automotive spare part shop, or garage. Beautiful in its own way.

Longevity: Circuit long. Bad ass on skin.

Noseitalia
Noseitalia

A classic fragrance every man should have.It is a top juice fragrance with all that notes. It is as good as popular and in my opinion when a perfume is too popular it stops to attract, but the price isn't popular at all (53 euros for 50ml here in Italy), so you definately won't find it in sale price and hope not to find other men wearing it. It's not a perfume that deserves to be judged with one spray in the store: it's got to be worn and smelt all day long to really see how it develops and that's his best as notes change during the day.
Overall score for me is 8.5/10, at least I can say no other frag smells like this!

Thanks, that was my first review!

samihardanian
samihardanian

یاد ایام. عطری برای تمام فصول. از نوجوانی تا میان سالی را پوشش می دهد

lipepimpol
lipepimpol

this is the world perfumery ET

gasoline, kerosene, violet, floral + engine oil, vetiver and woods solid

kind of uneasy harmony

whatever it is, interesting flavor, this note mechanical intrigue

Two decades as one of the best selling

weird huh? ie fahrenheit

goofynose
goofynose

The leathery smell is so calming, enabling me to stay focused and introspecting on myself. It's truly an incredible experience.

That being said, I feel it a bit pity that my skin does not hold the smell long enough. Half day through work, i already couldn't detect the scent anymore.

If someone could recommend a similar scent that i could try out, I would appreciate it. Am thinking about Hermes Kelly Caleche?

rafiqi
rafiqi

i knew dior fahrenheit since my college days but don't have an occasion to get one for myself, even to get a sniff of this. after 20 years of keeping my interest i just got a bottle of dior fahrenheit.. OMG, smells good. leathery and violety... this will became my signature

shannonrenee83
shannonrenee83

I got this for my fiance for father day this year, and of course once he saw it he had to have it early.lol He had been wanting it for a while. We both love the smell of this one so much. Dior always makes great fragrances, I have a few of the poison line and love them. This is very leathery and smokey which is what we love. I love when a guy smells really deep and manly, I am not into all those light aquatics and axe body spray smell of today. They are just gross!! I want my man to smell like he came from the old western days, when men were real men.lol This cologne is perfect for just about any time, it may be a little heavy for summer but it can be done. This is a woman getter for sure, so I recommend to all you guys. Very rugged and manly smelling.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

am not sure if I am right or wrong about this but I think the Fahrenheit I used to use in the 90's hasn't the same potency as the 200ml I just bought.am hoping they havent changed the formulation.Well I guess my nose is developed now to see this as toned down having been sniffing and wafting in all kinds of fragrances over the years.

Enough has been said about this for me to add more except just to wonder out loud to those who moan about this fragrance."Petroleum note",what petroleum?U live in caves or what?

Just enjoy it for its uniquenss

casanova23
casanova23

i first smelt this on my friend.. i knew in an instant that this in not a cheap fragrance.. i really like the smell & the bottle, but the girls in our country prefer a more fresher & younger scent than like this, this too mature for my taste but i really like it, instead i want this for my father.. perfect for mature man in my opinion.. very unique..

Jazz.M.777
Jazz.M.777

I tried this fragance various times and wow...the sillage and lasting power on this one its insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is the most potent and long lasting fragance in the entire market. Its sharp, woody, musky and extremely strong. Its a beautifull and seductive smell...but its a little tooooo strong for me but i still liked it a lot.

spoombung
spoombung

A very upfront, masculine, almost angry scent, it's an assertive combination of dissonant violet, petrol, oil, tar, leather and soapy, burnt, inedible bacon smells.

About the much-talked about reformulation; I have recently had the pleasure of comparing the vintage formulation to the current one and I can assure you there's not much difference. The violet leaf note is slightly sweeter and more vibrant in the first hour on the vintage but after that it's virtually the same as the modern version. The guys who reckon it's been ruined (like Luca Turin) are making an unnecessary fuss about the whole issue IMO.

It still smells completely unique. Fantastic stuff.

FunkyTomo

One of my Top 5 "Scents of a Man" !!

My first love used to wear this , wow!!

Uber sexy , masculine , warm , inviting , just wow WOW!

happychub
happychub

never regret to wear this.

Heverton
Heverton

I will speak now, quickly, how, in my point of view, Fahrenheit was created.

Launched in 1988, under the creative direction of Jean-Louis Sieuzac and Maurice Roger, the creation process of this fragrance became clear almost instantly when I felt it today, for the very first time!

Dior executives called these two perfumers, put them in a movie theater and began to exhibit the movie Over the Top. Yes, that movie where Sylvester Stallone incarnates the role of Lincoln Hawk, a trucker whose life was a failure in both personal and professional way, and which at present was carrying loads throughout the United States, while claiming the custody of his son, now in the hands of his rich grandfather. Without forgetting the roadside bars where in his spare time, he earns money with a drop-in-arm challenge.

Well, after the end of the film, the executives turned for both perfumers and spoke: "Did you see this explosion of testosterone in the movie?! It is exactly this atmosphere that we want to catch in our next creation!"

So, months later, in 1988 the fragrance Fahrenheit was launched in the market, a completely innovative scent for the standards of that time! A perfume that when applied, left on my skin for a good two hours, the smell of oil and kerosene. Do you know when someone is working in a car for the whole day and at the end of this day, he's smelling like engine fluids?! Well, this is exactly the smell of this fragrance! Incredible, I had never felt anything like it before!

Over time, the fragrance also develops like the movie Over the top, where the main character decides to take a more peaceful path in his life, and is in this moment that starts to appear in the fragrance, a new character.

We now have Stallone Cobra!
A fragrance which then acquires a more reserved sense, but without losing 5% of its masculinity.

In this final part of the fragrance, we have the emergence of a fresh floral base, supported by notes of leather. We don't have the Tuff guy from the first movie anymore, but something more reserved, but always maintaining the masculinity, always keeping the law of its initial creation that is the exact power, the surgical precision that distinguish between perfection and exaggeration.

And that's how even after restatements, Fahrenheit persists. A fragrance that is not ashamed to show itself. A fragrance made to embody the 80's masculinity. A fragrane which to me, even 22 years after its release, remains unbeaten among the most acclaimed men's fragrance, a true work of timeless art.

VanAllan
VanAllan

One of the 90's classic in my book: strong & aromatic, oily, musky, pretty masculine without a doubt. Maybe a close definition of what woody-floral-musk types used to be.
The combination of notes is stunning, I got a wonderful violet musky leather feel that reveals in his beauty and complexity, giving you a "debonair" feeling of mature gentleman.
Two of my old good friends use it as their signature so I stayed away from it too long...now it's my turn :)
Climbed easily in my top 10 even if I don't have that brunet skin type best suited for this juice.
It stays with me all day long (with 4-5 sprays), evolving, intriguing me, making me confident.
My humble rank 9.2/10. ☣☣☣☣☣

sameh_50
sameh_50

Best ever cologne for man its just perfect but too sad its expensive but its a must have it smells warm it feels like heat it feels good it feels hot it feels perfect it feels everything u need in a perfume

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

I remember when this first came out, Macy's was pushin this one BIG time. If you walked into the store, you had to really work at dodging the SAs armed with bottles of Fahrenheit or else you got a healthy spritz whether you wanted it or not. They understood the power of repetition and recognition. Record companies have been using this form of advertising for decades. Its why payola existed and they were paying DJs to play their song over and over again. People like what they know, even if it's not the best.

Without a doubt, Fahrenheit was different when it first was released. They succeeded in making a very recognizable and distinctive (back then) perfume. I remember my first impression...woof, that smells synthetic. If you want a real petrol note, check out DK Men, now rereleased as Fuel for Men in a limited edition. NOW THAT IS PETROL. Fahrenheit to me is ghastly heavy and smothering. Some of my favorite fragrances are Woody Floral Musks, but this isn't one of them. There is some note or combination of notes that strongly disagrees with my sensibilities. Perhaps the jasmine mixed with the heavy nutmeg..I'm not sure, but it is cloying and sickening. I do like Usher VIP (not a whole lot), which smells like a spicy Fahrenheit. Something in VIP cuts the heaviness.

Alas, Fahrenheit is a no go for me. I can see many like it, and it was very different in its day. I would say try before you buy, especially the newer formulations, which, by the way, is what I am basing this review on. For all you lovers of Fahrenheit, I am glad you found something you love, and you will get no competition from me.

MrCoolink
MrCoolink

My first fragrance ever. Never gets old. Still my signature scent and I think it will be for years. Very unique smell. Gets a lot of compliments.

Projection: 9.5/10
Longevity: 9.5/10
Bottle Presentation: 9.5/10 (Timeless)
Overall: 10/10 (Unique Masterpiece)
This is a buy to me.

Siv55
Siv55

So fabulous it made me wish I were a man. I would be the guy in the ad.
I can dream can't I?

Sillysimon
Sillysimon

I tested this juice once. It dried down to smell like a i had just stepped out of a burning building, id like to give it another go as i just tested a small amount on my wrist. But with my chemistry, the only notes that stuck were smoke and leather.

One of my favourite mass market perfumes of all times. I've been using Fahrenheit for several years before totally abandone it and move to other fragrances. A couple of months ago I decided to buy a new bottle to be part of my wardrobe as it used to be one of my signature frangrance in the past and realized that after smelling tones and tones of other fragrances this is still one of the most distinctive and immediately recognizable scent around. An amazing fougère that despite countless reformulations is still light years ahead of the avreage quality available on the market. A perfect formula and a mandatory purchase!

Rating: Vintage Version 10/10 - Vurrent Version 9/10

JohnMc

Distinct, uncompromising and characteristically French. A slightly synthetic and intensely warm, spicy fragrance either adored or loathed from my experience. A favorite of mine and a male fragrance for which quite a few women also adorn themselves with, and adore!

mj9999
mj9999

The smell for me is very strong...Not good to wear in tropical countries...I had this when I was in high school, and was offended when it has an analog in the form of a chemist fragrance sold in the Philippines...

jtappenden
jtappenden

Highly individual & always instantly recognizable.An amazing concoction,really.Very sensual.

SilverFire
SilverFire

I LOVE the way it goes on -- it smells like gas and leather and if you happen to be sitting in a sporty car with leather seats, then the effect is amplified even more. It's a testosterone boot to the head. It makes me want to rev my engine and leave the Honda to the right of me in the dust.

Then, it smells slightly artificial as if the top notes are trying to figure out how to make an exit. The leather smell disappears first, but the gas note lingers, and then a sweet musky smell comes out with a fresh, almost ozonic layer beneath it.

Eventually the gas note fuses with the sweet musk to create an aggressive, though nice-smelling scent that's a step or two lighter than the usual sweet musk.

I like this scent, but it doesn't last long on me. After four hours, I had to sniff my wrists to tell it was there, and after five, it was gone.

I was afraid to overdo it, because of this fragrance's reputation, but maybe it needs more than I put on. I'll keep it around to try for another round.

MCMXCII
MCMXCII

This scent is the defenition of what a guy in the 80's who wore a sparkly glove and a members jacket smells like. Its ok but 32 is WAY better!.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

I appreciate this one but it just seems like they left out the 1 something that would round this one out just a little bit. AGAIN nice scent but pun-GENT!!! If they dimmed this a little I think that it would have nothing inferior about it.

SexySpice
SexySpice

I'm a girl who loves trying out men's fragrences... this is one that should probubly be left for the men. A beautiful fragrence, yes, but unfortunatly not on me. But the man who wears this scent to me is a man who could easily seduce me.

uscguy777
uscguy777

Testosterone big time haha. This is an incredible scent. I'm 20 and I'd say anybody my age and up it's appropriate. If there was a sex symbol fragrance for men, it's Dior Fahrenheit.

I thought since it was crafted in the 80's it's gonna smell outdated, but I was mistaken. This has a timelessness like Green Irish Tweed by Creed which is also excellent , and it has the versatility of A*men by Thierry Mugler. if your gonna wear it in class or the office wear it light. Out with your boys, goin out, get togethers, and if your girl likes the smell even dates are what this scent it good for. It's powerful, masculine, earthy, bold, lasts long, what's not to like?

mbmbmb
mbmbmb

i find this cologne very gross. it is much to spicy. like most colognes i expected it to die down to a more pleasant smell, but it never did. YUCK! good think i only bought the sample

mehrdad

قدرتمند در محیط های بسته و مهمانی ها
لطیف و بی آزار
از رایحه اش خسته نخواهید شد
کاری از دیور و ماندگار برای چندین نسل و عطری برای تمام فصول! و
در کل کاری شیک و در خور توجه که فقط مقداری هم بستگی به سلیقه و علاقه شما به اینگونه روایح دارد اگر آنرا بپسندید در طول مدت عمرتان حتما هر چند وقت یکبار آنرا خریده و تجدید خاطره خواهید کرد

Fahrenheit was an olfactory revolution and remains a unique fragrance today due to its unprecedented blend of mandarin orange, violet and the intensity of a leathery woody accord.

A fragrance constructed around almost magnetically attractive contrasts: hot and cold, subtlety and power.

Creativity, distinction, character… Fahrenheit boasts an inimitable fragrant trail and signature.

به نقل از سایت دیور

MichaelR
MichaelR

The scent reminds the same as the Advert Picture!! Really nice and warm perfume for a man! And I think that sometimes men should just loose out a bit and wear something calm and warm than just wearing strong and gents perfumes all the time!

spirit966
spirit966

Not much to add as I think its a great fragrance if you are into a green/mossy chypre-related fragrance with a huge unique twist on the top note.

I like it much better than many other niche scents that opens green and drys into a musk/incense/patchouli/vetiver type drydown such as Malle's French Lover.

Longevity is great, 8-12hours.
Projection is great for 3-5hours; I wouldn't really call this a monster though and I think it works better in spring/fall rather than the winter actually.

3 sprays: 1 on chest/base of neck, 1 behind each ear.

I'll like to add that the petroleum note is very apparent upon spraying, but I think its has been overplayed. Its only there at the opening 2-4 hours, after that the fragrance becomes sweet and musky with a hint of powdery suede leather.

stel15
stel15

Love this perfume. One of my dad's favourites back in the 80s. But its so unique, so modern even now. I mean really, how many new fragrances out there are this special??? Very few im afraid! And the great thing is , that younger generations dont really know this one, so its so new to them that drives them crazy. This is a winner guys!!!!! Love love love it!

Cylob
Cylob

My dads signature fragrance back in the days and how right he was! Strong, dark and bold, just like he was. Amazing sillage and longevity. Just like other powerhouse 80's hits.
I can't think of any better woody fragrance then this one. When I wear this I visualize being in an old, dark, mystic forest. While most modern fragrances won't get me further then a walk in a city park.
An alltime classic that still works now. Not for a young crowd though.

Thanks for wearing all those great fragrances, dad! And again: you were soooo right on this one... :)

iluvu7000
iluvu7000

As per my brother's word i expected alot from this perfume bt i was aghast when i sniffed it. i was convinced that either my brother's choice was classic or sth is amiss with same!

querelle
querelle

It's a bit sad the fact, that it's reformulation have turned it into a perfume which it only reminds us of the way Fahrenheit used to be. I can't say that I dislike it, some of it's virtues still linger on, but it lacks it's voice.. It feels like when you come across the person you once were in love and you realise how different things used to be.. From the other hand, in the sea of mediocrity in modern perfumery, Fahrenheit still has something to say, even whispering..

FragranceEnthusiast
FragranceEnthusiast

This smells about like the best auto mechanics store ever, which I think it has the smell of new tires that have been driven on them a couple of times and parked in a garage. I love this scent because it increases and accentuates my male attributes.

Projection: 100
Longetivy: 100

100 percent! Need I say more...

periquito89
periquito89

I really like the review by codehonor because that's how works the relationship between the wearer and the fragrance, and the big reason why some scent works for one and does not for others. Good point also by zehcheiroso, Just Truth, missk and many others. I never thought really serious about buying a bottle blindly and then a 1,5 ml sample came from a buy. I didn't get a devastating fuel smell which was what I expected, but this note is there indee. I didn't use it yet and I´m not thinking to wear it soon, but now I can recognize it and at least for two times I smelled the scent around, and guess what ... it seemed nice. My suit is hanged here in my bedroom and I´m thinking that maybe, could be used with that. Different from the scents I've tried, including those from the 80's. Ferrari Uomo is very resemble, without this fuel (or gasoline, or petroleum, you chose) aspect, but could be pointless for those who like this in the way it is.

diablochancho
diablochancho

Fué una de mis primeras fragancias y realmente me sorprendió ...era un aroma diferente en esa época y realmente marcó un hito , tiene gran estela pero para algunas personas resulta un poco molesto es de esos que se quieren o se odian. Acá en CHILE se dice que es un aroma no muy viril pero sin lugar a dudas que es uno de los grandes.

gatsby
gatsby

How can you say "NO!" when you re in front of a big star?? Well..it happens....even though with the stars....and me. Sorry but I will never understand and like this one.

whatsthataftershave
whatsthataftershave

This is one of the best fragrances ever made

classic timeless unexpected amazing addictive

sent 5/5

overall 4.8/5

AMAZING

mimosabee
mimosabee

I am a woman and I like this fragrance on some men.

It's a sexy smell for men. This fragrance would suit blondes for my opinion. I was sure I smell a hint of coconut in this perfume...and for some reason I cannot smell a great deal of flowers rather coconut like sweetness and wood.

uriphides
uriphides

Though it says for men but I fell in love since I laid my hands on this one. My first fav. woody floral musk of all. I hope this perfume will never be discontinued.

codehorror
codehorror

I am sure that all fragrance lovers have that one fragrance that changes their outlook on fragrances forever, and in my case that fragrance is Fahrenheit. I can still remember when I first smelled Fahrenheit in 2000, up to this point I was accustomed to only smelling the fresh aquatic fragrances like ADG that still to this day are worn by the masses. I did not really see their vaule let alone enjoyed wearing fragrances to much, I mainly wore them because girls liked when a guy smelled nice, and if I remember correctly I only had one bottle which was Good Life by Davidoff. Then it happend I was going through a coworkers small collection and the bottle of the original Fahrenheit caught my eye as did the name I thought what a strange name for a fragrance, I sprayed it on and I remember I was blown away by the in your face scent of petroleum and violet leaf which I loved and instantly I was taken back to high school and being in a shop class where I worked on engines and remembering how I loved the scent that would be stuck on me after getting out of that class. I then thought why would anyone want wear this scent, and how is this scent suppose to attract women. I guess I must have had a strange look on my face because I remember my coworker say something like "Strong intresting smell HUH?" which I replied "Oh Yeah!". I then asked him do girls actually like when you wear this, and his response was yup they do give it a little and you will smell why. What I smelled next was a beautiful mixture of sweet violet, honeysuckle, cedar, musk, sandlewood, and tonka. Needless to say I fell in love with this fragrance and honestly did not care at that point if anyone else liked this fragrance on me because I loved it on myself, and in that I discovered that one should never wear fragrances for others, one should wear them for their own enjoyment. Because if you love the fragrance that you are wearing it gives you a sense of joy, and confidence that will allow others to see the beauty and enjoy the fragrance you are wearing as well.

I can not say who should or should not wear Fahrenheit that is for each individual to test out and decide on there own, but what I can say is that todays formulation is much more wearable then the original because it is far less harsh. I myself love the old formulation and wear it from time to time, but I am also happy with the new formulation because I try not to focus on whats not there and focus more on what still is after all it is still in essence Fahrenheit, and I know that if I had first smelled Fahrenheit today I would still love it for what it is today an amazing unique niche fragrance in a designer market.

zecheiroso

Top *****
Heart ***
Base ****
Final score ****

I never quite understood the gasoline note but it's probably there to balance the honeysuckle. It isn't really noticeable at a distance.

The good
Good stuff, despite one accord I hate: gasoline/smoke. All in all it smells like luxury cars.
Impressive quality, I had a good impression at first sniffing. It opens great with something fresh/fruity, pleasant, yummy. Honeysuckle! My favourite flowery note. I couldn't smell lavender clearly but I agree it's there.
Even with a sour feeling the base notes are very pleasant and by then the gas accord is gone.
Good projection, and staying power is superb.
It's simply strangely compelling.

The bad
Kinda on the low versatility side, better suited for nighttime and milder weather. It's a bit demode with its "dirty" accord too.
Unique but still rather common, I don't smell it around but I know people who own it.
The earthy/rooty heart doesn't have anything able to curb the fuel smell.

The ugly
I really hate the gasoline accord, even though it blends beautifully with the rest of the composition. I like to smell my own skin so it's much more noticeable than sillage coming from someone else wearing it. My guess is I'd rather be cloyed and buried by the honeysuckle but I'm very partial to that flower.

It seems to be one of those love or hate affairs. It's a pity I find one note so offputting, it's my only scent with a dark side, but I'm still selling it.

CocoKat
CocoKat

Bhougland, as a woman I cant agree more!

Fahrenheit (along w Versace Dreamer) are two of my favorite colognes for men. Fahrenheit is Strong, powerful, masculine, sexy and hypnotic. It affects me like catnip.

My partner knows to put this on and it ignites my passion for him x 1000.

bhougland
bhougland

This cologne is polarizing due to the emotions it invokes. Let me explain...over the past decade men have been taught that to get a girl you need to be nice, metro sexual, and effeminate. Men want to all but hide any shred of masculinity that still have in fear that a women will think he is a bruit.

This cologne is like a gasoline bitch slap to the face of those "men". The top notes don't last that long and you are left with a smoldering heat for the rest of the 5-6 hours. This cologne is the essence of man and radiates heat.

Men who are comfortable being a man will love this; those that aren't won't. If you are one of those that hates this cologne do yourself a favor and sit down with this scent and meditate on the images it conjures up deep within. Once you embrace it you will be cured!

Ps. I am mostly joking on this review, but only mostly.

knightlore
knightlore

Fahrenheit, One of my all time favourite!

K1
K1

When we talk about Fahrenheit, we pinpoint not only all Dior releases, but also a headmaster of a range of masculine perfumes from a particular period of time; the golden age of perfumery I call it!
Fahrenheit is the most famous Dior perfume and it acquires its fame all deserving. I don't know anyone born in 80's who doesn't know Fahrenheit. This perfume is a heritage of our time.
The scent is marvelous for itself. It's a rare version of leathery floral woody aromatic combination that from 10 meters its complex formula is detectable.
I don't call Fahrenheit a sexy perfume but seductive. It is seductive potentially and so serious to be sexy.

omarhadi
omarhadi

Fahrenheit by Dior is a fragrance that will stand the test of time, a uniqe scent that most gentelmen and ladies find irresistible. One of the best fragrances of all time.

JustinV
JustinV

On my skin:
Top: It is dark, mossy and has the hints of bright green hiding underneath the fragrance. Many ppl say it smells like petroleum, but I don't think so, I have smelled petrol, and it is nothing close. It is more like burned flowers and grass.

Middle: the scent calms down after 3-4 hours on my skin. Nutmeg, honey like scent starts to creep; with that burn flower-grass scent still lingering but not over the top.

Base: Middle notes move away after 4-6 hours, leaving with a sweet, flower-sugar scent that's appealing and addictive.

I get complements every time I use it, many say it is unique, and addictive. HAHA!

Very versatile, I can use this at work (but I would do 2 sprays on each neck pulse points, and I am set); out with friends, going for a date, etc.

This is a love-hate scent. Either ppl love it, or they will hate it. If you want to be unique, this is a BUY.

If you are into aquatics, this is most probably something to walk away. Or if you are curious, give it a shoot on ur skin.

The country I am in has no 4 seasons, so it is either hot or cold weather. This works very well on both. I would do 2 sprays on hot weather, and 3 on each pulse points for cold.

My rating (base on 5 stars)

Scent: 4 (unique, but people who own this will know this).

Sillage: 5 (this is a true sillage, when you walk pass by people, people will scent this).

Time length: 5 (10 hours++, first 6 hours, ppl will scent this, which is great).

Occasion: 4 (this is a daring fragrance for sure, I have use this for wedding dinners and functions, this one is a complement getter).

Overall base on mathematics: 4.5/5

This is a keeper fragrance =)

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

Four words; seduction in a bottle. Enough said!

markpadilla13
markpadilla13

this is the best fragrance for mature men. smells like sex. very attractive.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Okay, so I've been reading what people say about Fahrenheit -- mainly positive -- and thought I'd give it a spritz to see if it'd be something I'd buy for my son (or myself).

The second after I sprayed it on, a young woman, who was with her boyfriend, said, "Oh my God! What IS that????? It's fantastic!"

Then -- get this -- I (a perfume novice) actually told her a bit about it (thanks to your reviews and this page with the notes listed!)!!! I like to flatter myself by thinking that maybe -- just maybe -- she ended up making her boyfriend try some on...

On me? Cedar-y, woodsy, which I like, but a tad too masculine off the top. Dry down is more pleasant. I could see maybe buying a gift set for someone and keeping the lotion for myself.

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

It's really wonderful. It smells like black pepper kingdom! Exotic, attractive!

Just Truth
Just Truth

As there are countless reviews on it. ..Of those who can and cannot wear this fragrance. I thought I would talk of the newest reformulation in comparison. Both, of the reformulations still above todays damper of regularity and repeat smells.

I did a side by side comparison of the last two formulations. They are quite different. When I brought these two to the nose of the girl I normally do fragrance hunting with.. (Shes also a pretty good sniffer) She thought they were two different colognes at first. Think about that!
We both came about that the newer version is sweeter, a little more soapy, and lighter.. as in not the same strength. However the strength of it in this case doesn't mean that the new one doesn't last as long. Because, in my testing I found they last the same. ..forever. lol But, through the length of my testing that evening, I also found that the newest version is also lighter.. as in.. isn't such the dark fragrance that Fahrenheit is supposed to be. It lacks the depth and richness, for sure; throughout the whole time wearing it. At first spray the new version has almost a bright feeling to it. More compared to the color at the bottom of the bottle.. Rather than the whole mysterious colored and unique bottle. It also can become almost cheapy smelling at times. I would like to not get this impression. But, I did. It can become cloying due to this; as well as it being sweeter, soapier, and brighter. Definitely brighter. It was also on the verge of giving me a headache at times.
It is cleaner. Which is not what Fahrenheit is. It doesn't have as mossy and earthy of a vibe. And, the motor oil smell is cleaned up. It doesn't have as manly of a vibe.
Does it have somewhat of similarity to the prior version?.. of course. The same as if you were drinking two different types of orange juice, they would both taste like orange juice.
And, I have thought this might appeal more to the masses at first. But, think about this.. Even though, sales associates have no idea Fahrenheit has been reformulated. And, either way..wouldn't try to sell Fahrenheit to anyone. Lets say, if it were someone that just came into the store..Never heard of Fahrenheit. Or, someone that heard of it; and was coming in to smell everything that Fahrenheit was. ..If someone were to like Fahrenheit. The image that it portrays.. What it is.. That deep.. dirty..yet fresh smell. The smell of man. They would be loving everything about the fragrance that is still there. They would love everything thats supposed to be there. But, lucky for them.. They would never know what they were missing.
And, the lovers of Fahrenheit.. whatever prior version.. Well, you know what you are missing.

I have since then came back to this fragrance to try the newer version just by itself. As the search for an older bottle can be a pain and some what worrisome. As it seems, You may only be able to find on Ebay. However in wearing the newer version one time by itself to get full impression. Everything holds the same except it doesn't really get cloying. And, the other thing is that if you don't get a full whiff of it.. at times it resembles Curve. Which isn't a bad smell, but definitely somewhat known for being cheap. And, I think this may have been where I got the cheap vibe from it.
It still is a wonderful scent and one of my favorites. Even more so if I never smelled ones prior. And, it definitely still beats out most of the colognes today.

And.. it definitely still is a favorite among women. real women.

guest_scoobie
guest_scoobie

This is basically horror in a bottle. Imagine what strongly sweetened gasoline mixed with rotten flowers would smell like, and you'll get the idea. A disgrace to the magic world of Colognes.

Marangoni
Marangoni

This is by far THE sexiest perfume for men. Always was, always will be. I believe that every man should have the birth right to be given a bottle of this. And every woman should deserve to be around a man who smells so divine. May be the word " smell" is not enough, Fahrenheit goes beyond that. It is a way of being, a declaration to the senses, a promise...Pure perfection.

guest_ROUSAK
guest_ROUSAK

I really like this scent, it stays forever and smells really good.The problem is it is really known and when you wear it evey one will know what you are wearing...

Miyavi
Miyavi

Oh my dad use to wear this back in the 1990's...I use to always like to spray a bit of it on from time to time. After a while I began to like other scents far better, but of the cologne my dad owned...this was the best one he had.

Olefact
Olefact

A boyfriend wore this in the early nineties. It's a real turn on. A combination of scents that was just waiting to be discovered. One of the sexiest men's colognes out there. To let you know where I'm coming from, some of my other favorite men's colognes are: Le Male, Xool by Yanbal, Hättric Classic, and Hugo.

Fahrenheit wasn't as sweet as I expected it to be. It is definitely masculine, I wore this fragrance for a whole day and it just didn't feel right on my skin.

To my nose, Fahrenheit is a combination of watery woods and a touch of spice. The scent is quite recognizable, I have smelt this on strangers quite a few times in my life.

Some mention a petrol type note, and while I can see what they mean, it isn't as strong as what some people make it out to be. Fahrenheit smells gutsy and daring in a way. I would most likely recommend this fragrance for older men. It doesn't radiate a sense of youth for me at all.

The sillage of this particular fragrance is quite incredible, as is the lasting strength. I sprayed this fragrance once on my wrist, and for the next six hours, Fahrenheit enveloped me in a cloud of its scent.

I personally don't find this fragrance sexy, however I do find it refreshingly masculine. Thankfully this fragrance goes on smooth rather than bold and/or cloying. I feel that this kind of fragrance would really suit those clean-cut, somewhat conservative and goal-orientated men.

guest_Claire.
guest_Claire.

This is a superb perfume on men. So masculine. I think men who wear this know how to smell good and sexy.

belissena
belissena

I am a woman and I'm crazy about this perfume! I'm so addicted to it that I love it even as home spray...and I've stolen my husband's shower gel a lot of times. But it reveals its best qualities on a man:it brings me to compulsive sniffing!

ricardohmedina

Well, here where I live girls and women simply love this one. And I understand why: Fahrenheit is just GREAT!

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

On the contrary Women love this fragrance on men. A manager were I work wears this fragrance and I have witnessed strangers following him and asking what is that great smell. All of his female colleagues compliment him and that includes me. A fresh, clean, very masculine fragrance. Love it on men.

Barney Stinson
Barney Stinson

"girls think it smells really bad" that's just completely nonsense

Avi Weissman
Avi Weissman

Ahh Fahrenheit
Where to begin. Well I'll agree with most here that indeed, the head notes do smell like when you spill gasoline on your hands. After about ½ hour though, you will be rewarded with an amazing drydown. Even more amazing is the smell it projects. Indescribable, hard to tell the notes apart (at least for me...now...) but they sure do marry admirably.

Balanced, it evolves wonderfully, the head notes, the heart notes, bottom notes, you can't miss any of the transitions, and as it goes, it only gets better and better. Moreover, it has good sillage and longevity is way more than workday long. Workdays that needs to be long vu the price of the juice.

You guessed it, I love Fahrenheit.

It sure is expensive, not for everyone but definetely needs to be smelled once in a lifetime as you will surely one day smell it on someone else's. And be flabbergasted at the answer to the question: "What u wearing?"

- Fahrenheit.

P.-S. To all of those bothered with the petroleum smell, have a test strip sprayed, and leave it alone for an hour or so. Then fan yourself with it (the mouillette) instead of sniffing it. You might think different of it.

guest_BILLY
guest_BILLY

I consider it a great perfume. In the beginning it may even smell of gasoline, but then develops a delicious fragrance, because that is part of its concept. Not to mention that its design is unique. A true timeless classic!

guest_alaa
guest_alaa

i am aguy he used to use 5 bottles of parfums in 1 month,, and the issue i am trying to avoid using fahrenhiet and fine another one,,,but nothing like this f**cking cologne,,,fahrenhiet the old one is the best>>i used CK "MAN,EUPHORIA,BECKHAM,OBSSESION,.."
CARTIER "DECLARATION,ROADSTER,PASHA,ESSENCE",BVL "AQVA,NOIR,blv,notte",lalique "whitem ,ncre",bla bla bla nothing like this one and the old one not the new versions,,,fahrenhiet 1988

andrevarx
andrevarx

For many a classic. To my perception too powerful, really a smell of fuel. Too dense, probably too masculine, yet powerful.

guest_Alicat
guest_Alicat

This beautiful mostly masculinebut can be feminine fragrance of which you need just a little, should be listed under OAKMOSS! If you smell an oakmoss candle, it smells just like Fahrenheit, and yes, it does remind me of a leather jacket. I actually stopped a guy with his girlfriend back in the 90's to ask him what he was wearing, and i hate most men's colognes. Has a distinct rose tone also, but why is oakmoss not listed in the ingredients, Fragrantica??

tropic
tropic

no offence,
IMHO this is just rubber tyre or baloon in a bottled,
only the top notes that greats,n i enjoyed it,
for the price,very-very not worth buying.
sorry for the fans
ck man similiar with this,but lot better.

*sniff first b4 buy,
never buy fragrance based on great review or famous brand,u have individual taste

daniel DeLouv
daniel DeLouv

just wear jeans and white shirt under your brown leather jacket.
riminds me a leather jacket.
at the start it's fresh orange, but Tough orange.
at the middle it's more oriental woody
at the end it's a leather with musk.

at the bottom it's heavy and worm and at the top it's fresh citrus a bit worm.

you can't find anything like it, this is why i realy like it.

bwcw81
bwcw81

I think it is one of the best fragrance in longevity I ever tried, 2 spray on my skin and it last the whole day, even after bath, I can still smell the dried down mild musky with vertiver scent, superb high in it's quality! Overall, it smell green, floral, fougère and a little warm spicy with little sweetness and not too dried, carefully well blend into a very unique scent that last through decades, truly amazing!

So far I have not smell anything like this before in the mass market! Hope you get the idea that this fragrance is meant for those who are fashion forward, brave, bold and enjoy uniqueness!

The opening is a bit harsh oriental citrus(which people recognize it as petrol scent!), few minutes passed and the bright and great herbs mix with different floral scent topping with strong vetiver scent will raise your body "Fahrenheit" slowly! This one is quite unique in the way it projects and I like it a lot! Dry down is mild musky vetiver scent. This one last more than 8 hours on me! Great in projection! People will sure notice you from far, in a good way~

This fragrance truly unique, classy, pleasant and elegant all in one! I will give 9/10 for this one! One of my top choice!

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

FAHRENHEIT is a ROOTY cologne.it is Great,similar to the other DIOR fragrances.The opening notes is a bit too rough for my nose but after 5 minutes it warms to an undeniable MASCULINE,PLEASANT and ROMANTIC.

The base notes is quite WOODY on my skin,invigorating with vetiver.You feel like a confidence unique person when You wear it and only with 2 spray can enjoy for a few hours.it is strong in SPECIAL way.

This wonderful scent not for day use because it is a little heavy in hot weather,definitely is an EVENING scent for a particular character in SPECIAL occasions.anyway it is unforgettable.

SILLAGE?OK

LONGEVITY?Like often DIOR colognes,Yes it is unparalleled.

narcotic
narcotic

How wonderful it is, after a decade or so of bluey aquaticy galaxolidey filmy masculine scents, to finally try Dior Fahrenheit with some perspective!

Take a deep, deep whiff of this on someone's skin and it hits you in a numbing wave: thick, petrol-laden spices and a swift rush of floraly things to save you at the last possible second. I'm a woman and I definitely use this; it's a dark little thing that either translates to me as "back off", or "sex juice", depending on how it's used... very highly recommended, especially for rainy or colder days.

ScottyVizz

If you know how much to wear, you are guaranteed to get some attention. A beautifully timeless, masculine, natural, sexy scent.

slave for scents
slave for scents

very one of a kind scent. once you wear it, there's no mistaking that farenheit scent-delicious!

guest_dino
guest_dino

the best .. been using it since 1990... i still have it ....

svillatoro
svillatoro

I'm amazed how some of you have smelled petroleum and compare it to this magnificent scent. Probably that's why you cannot appreciate delicate, refined smells.

Great masterpiece...

Zain_Don
Zain_Don

Don't think abt it JUST GO N BUY IT.
My dad has it from 1990 n he used to use it for special moments. 2day i 2 use it for special moments.
n for those who think its petroleum or rubber, plz go 2 a doc n hav ur nose check up.
Definitely 10/10.

Endymion

Oh dear! Fahrenheit will always be a mystery for me. Maybe there's something wrong with my nose but with Fahrenheit all I can smell is a very week old lemon peel scent :( I'm very surprised that so many people find this fragrance "strong", "long lasting" or on the other side "smell of petroleum".
I don't get the unique and marvelous scent you write here :( For me it's a quite, safe, old and boring scent which I can detect faintly on my skin and on paper too. Not impressed at all, I wish I sensed all that I read here :(

guest_Dk
guest_Dk

Unique!!!! Probably a shock to those used to wearing aquatics. I think its a real mans fragrance, and I liked it from the minute I smelled the sample. The petrol not is simply awesome.

Rouu
Rouu

i luve that fragrance, cant be much better, its so fresh,clean,attractive and sexy!!

astralrocket
astralrocket

The second perfume I really liked and my all time favorite.
It's for intellectual pretentiousness, deep and mysterious.

** Update Jan 2011**
I bought a new bottle, (the previous had been around 2003/2004) and I think I know what some people here meant: Something has changed, The "gasoline" touch seems stronger now. Still great, just a variation.

noselift
noselift

the most unique scent of them all!!!! and i love it!!!!

ticalau

Yet I come again with another review on this masterpiece... I'm amazed by this one again :) because i have not used this fragrance for a few months, and now i bought it again and i realized that... this for me represents the essence of my passion for fragrances! A few months ago i finished a bottle of this and i couldn't afford to by another one beacause of my financial problem :( And now i used again this beautiful masterpiece and i realized how i miss it! I like fragrances, it's my passion, i like all kind of fragrances... the new one's, the old's the niches all are beautiful and wonderful, but this one for me represent the essence!

DC-8
DC-8

Just another legendary and historical scent, among Eau Sauvage, Pour Un Homme (though I don't like this one!), No.5, Joy etc.

The leathery note in the middle part is the best of it.

As always, Dior makes it! :-)

Steven´s
Steven´s

Dior Fahrenheit is so dry and intoxicating. I love it so much.

Venom
Venom

I like the smell, like its name it reminds me of heat and fire. Just don't over due it. Good for night out and a winter type of smell. I wouldn't make it an everyday or a must have but worth a pick up if you find it well priced.

falovalo
falovalo

It's not bad, but it honestly does smell like gasoline (petrol) and pine trees. Though that's not necessarily a bad thing, it would be a bit odd to go around smelling of gasoline, people would think that you had been outside repairing a car.

lfmars98
lfmars98

Very good scent. It definitely has that petroleum-green smell to it. Last 8-10 hours on my skin with moderate sillage. A classic. 10/10

trish
trish

every time i smell this perfume..it turns me on. I have this boss who used to wear this one, i can't resist him when he gets near me, and now his already my lover. The smell was so enchanting and romantic, i feel i am dreaming or i am a in woods. It's truly suit to those man who are comfortable with themselves.

With Dior's FAHRENHEIT, I've finally met my match: a made-for-men fragrance that I would not choose to wear under any conceivable circumstance in this or any other possible world.

But, to be honest, I also would not recommend FAHRENHEIT to any man who was not deliberately, intentionally, consciously seeking out a scent that mimicked perfectly the odor of a mechanic who has not showered in three days. We're talking Billy Bob Thornton in Oliver Stone's film U-TURN. No joke. Is dirty black automobile grease mixed with sweat a sought-after masculine smell? Well, that's what overwhelms in the opening and persists through to the finish with FAHRENHEIT. Not a scent that I myself find pleasure in wearing or would find attractive on anyone else!

However, those who like this scent will be pleased to know that FAHRENHEIT has frightfully good staying power and sillage!

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

A lovely fragrance from Dior - it has a very woody drydown thats the agarwood you can smell - i love it and the opening burst of tar/gasoline is amazing - this fragrance makes my mouth water seriously - i love it and cant understand anyone who would not like it . You need to be a certain kinda guy to wear this and wear it well.

behzad1280
behzad1280

I have heard so much about this perfume, but you can’t imagine how I regret of testing that.

Smell was like insecticide spray & it didn’t get off my skin after many hours.

I think Murphy’s Law shall be including that BAD perfumes are always so lasting!

در مورد این ادکلن خیلی تعریف خوب شنیده بودم اما واقعاً نمیتونین تصور کنین که چقدر حتی از تست کردن اون هم پشیمون شدم.
انگار حشره کش روی پوستم زده بودم و بوی اون حتی بعد از چند ساعت از روی پوستم نمی رفت.
اما راستش رو بخواین وقتی بعضی از دوستهام این عطر رو میزنن واقعاً احساس می کنم خیلی خوشبو هستن.
در مورد خودم که اصلاً احساس خوبی از زدن اون نداشتم.
دوام و پخش بوی خوبی داره
همینطور که از این همه نظر هم بر میاد، پسندیدن اون خیلی سلیقه ای هست.

sashenka
sashenka

first impression: this is what being mercilessly RAVAGED smells like.
second impression (10 minutes later): ...where did it go and when did I smother myself in shaving cream?

ricardohmedina

Fahrenheit is a great fragrance. It has a smoked floral smell mixed with a warm spice base. Great longevity and projection. Women love it on man.

cinamatic
cinamatic

I adore this smell on men. If it wasn't so recognisable, I would seriously consider wearing it myself (I'm female!).
Worn by a wonderful man at my university years ago - I always think of him when I smell it. *sigh* :)

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Bleh-

Fahrenheit's definitely a scrubber. I put some on my boyfriend and I wanted him to wash it off before my nose moved near his wrist. I agree with the comparison to a gas station. This is not elegant, but maybe bearable from a distance. I am picky about cologne-I want my man to wear a cologne I like if and when he wears cologne. He usually doesn't wear any cologne, and smelling this one on him for a few seconds made me really glad he doesn't wear any. Let's face it, most guys are not going to smell and choose a masterpiece when they go shopping for their choice fragrance, I've encountered very few men who are into fragrance, and none of them go for niche. Dior is a well-respected name, and that must stop men from being able to imagine the possibilities of good fragrance, if they think this is the best. With Fahrenheit marketed as the fragrance of studs, subliminal messages will influence choices....

Since this came out, I know there are other copycat scents for men, because I smell this kind of strong synthetic busy patchouli-laced sillage out and about, and it irritates me.

Grenouille
Grenouille

Just a question for men. I love fahrenheit. I adore it. I am a woman and i c onsider seriuously wearing it. Do you think, as a man, that this could be too strong for a woman? how would you say if you felt this scent on a woman?
I think this th most unique man perfume i've ever seen. The only disadvantage is that there are too many people using it. It's a bit too popular for my taste.

Nicole79
Nicole79

I find this perfume very intresting, unique,like no other ! Fahrenheit has personality, class, it's rich, bold, sexy, misterious. A winner !

Cognitive Dissonance
Cognitive Dissonance

Fahrenheit only asks one question.
It asks it loud and it asks it clear.

Do You Have The Balls?

I would talk about the notes but for me this fragrance is all about the image.
If you’re the kind of guy who is overly worried about offending anyone.... this is not for you.
If you’re the kind of guy who wants to be kind, sensible, and caring..... this is not for you.

This fragrance is for the cowboy who struts into the town square and looks the sheriff dead in the eye.
This fragrance is for the pirate that unashamedly leers at the pretty girl.
This fragrance is for the 17th century man who brazenly glove slaps an aristocrat and challenges him to a duel.
This fragrance is for the man who has confidence to live his life his own way. To confront any challenge with his head held high.... But more importantly, at the end of the day, this fragrance is for the woman that secretly desires this kind of man.

Longevity is also legendary.

Sorry to all lovers of Fahrenheit, but I don't like it at all.
It's a very strong pungent smell, not elegant and very common. This is probably due to the fact it used to be so widespread and many men bathed in this back in time. It was different and original at first, then it became a public nightmare.
I also knew a girl who wore it and I didn't like her, so I could be partial to the scent.
Nowadays is less common and if worn in small amounts is more bearable. Still not a fave of mine. Sexy? Well, it depends on the man who wears it...

marysasmiro
marysasmiro

I have been in love with this man's perfume for 16 years. Never bored to smell it. And still, everytime I smell it, I feel like in heaven. It just smells so sexy and mysterious. Bold, charm...sexy...calm...elegant...unique. Name it what you expect to smell from a man. And here you go. Fahrenheit maybe will continue to be one of the classic man's perfume that will still be the favourite for the next decades.

albania9diadem
albania9diadem

I agree it smell like freshly cut grass. A hint of BENZIN and leather. And a breeze cutting through a forest. Its OK but not the best.

guest_NikeDoor-2
guest_NikeDoor-2

This perfume is the best ever made on this planet.

The first smell of it is of petroleum, ture, but that lasts only a few minutes. Then it has kinda leather smell too in the beginning, musky... after a while again it has a deep smell of sandalwood.

Do not make a decision in a minute. I suggest you to get a tester of it, and try it on you, and on your skin directly. Especially on your upper part of your palm, close to your thum area...so that you can test/enjoy the smell of it whole day.

I am so much addicted to it. This perfume is not something you get fed up of in a month, or even after using a 200ml (6.8oz) bottle.... I use this perfume 4 times a day, including using it on me before going to bed. I am completely addicted to it.

Comparing to all other best perfumes for men, this one is the most elegant, and most wonderful.

What else have I compared with this?
1, Dolche Gabbana "Pour Homme", (NOT "For Men", which is a bit different infact). (Woddy+Leather)
2, Azzaro
3, Azzaro Chrome (Sea Breeze)
4, CK One. (Sea Breeze+Savage Flowers)
5, Cartier Essence. (Sweet Fresh Flowers+Musk)
5, Dior Homme (Woddy+Musk)
6, ...and all other perfumes made in France.

(Infact I have compared all other perfumes with Fahrenheit which are Made in France, as I am from France)

I have used all these above mentioned perfumes, and I couldn't finish their 100ml(3.5oz) bottles completely, and got completely fed up... but Fahrenheit, I use 200ml(6.7oz) every 3 months one.

...And when I order this perfume on the net, I buy 4 to 5 200ml bottles inorder to get a discount. So I don't buy them in ml/oz anymore, for me I now count them in litre.

I am in love with this perfume...I am addicted...to it. This is my perfume.
I knew it was for me the time when I first smelt it when I was 22 years old.. today I am 36, and I have been in love with this perfume for almost 14 years.

The BEST perfume ever made on this planet!

KissHeart(@)gmail.com

Thanks for reading.

da_markos
da_markos

i don't know why but it put me in mind of "Twin Peaks". Calm place in the middle of nowhere (woods notes) with hudge disturbing (petroleum note) aura above it.

P.S.
i'm entranced by adverts of Fahrenheit. Posters and videos are masterpieces.

catapult
catapult

this was the smell of a man i never knew. I was aroused when i first smell it. I was 15.:) Then i hated it.

ily_sb
ily_sb

I got it as a present from my ex and it gives me good memories everytime I smell it ... great perfume

guest_Laguzza
guest_Laguzza

From hell to paradise. This is what you feel when you test the perfume. Magnificent!

ScottyVizz

I love it! Smells like fresh cut green grass and makes you feel invigorated when you wear it. It came out before I was born, but hey..who cares!

sky76sky
sky76sky

This conjures up 2 contrasting scent pictures which clash about in my mind:

The first is opening a huge, creaking door into an old wood-panelled room - a library - with floor to ceiling dusty books, ancient leather chairs, carefully polished wood & a slow-clock tick tock in the background. Good breeding,refined, ancient yet constantly in vogue.

The other is rushing into the garage - the petrol, the turps, the greasy rusty metal parts & machinery. Wood turnings. Swarfega. Old leather gloves. Hot, hard-working, manly.

I can't help but link it to older men - classic & refined. I'd expect this man to hold the door open for you, pull out your chair, know his way round a wine list, but then be practical enough to fix the car....in other words, a touch old fashioned, but still utterly fab in 2009.

Strangely enough, I enjoy this warm, dry, leathery scent on my skin, too.

*A friend & I have just discussed that it's like the scent that Hugh Jackman's Wolverine might have - a little bit animal, a lot of leather, forests & warm manliness....now that can't be bad! haha ;p*

This is one of the worst scents for men ever smelled for me! Also some women used to wear it back in time.
It's very strong and piercing, awful on everyone, disgusting if overdone on the wrong chemistry and it seems that lots of men are drown to it. Maybe that's because it became a classic and well-known fragrance, also well marketed. I can't stand it. It smells cheap and common with a pungent note that make me want to puke. I'm happy for everyone who likes it. If a man comes around with this I'll put him into a shower!

shamus1
shamus1

I recently wrote a review of Creed's Original Vetiver, saying that it, along with Pinaud's Lilac Vegetal, was the worst fragrance I'd ever smelled. Well, apparently I had forgotten about Fahrenheit when I wrote that review. Words cannot describe how much I hate this fragrance. First of all, it smells horribly outdated now - just like the Le Car, piano-key rep ties, and glam metal, Fahrenheit represents the '80's at its absolute worst. It is also probably the most chemical, cheap synthetic fragrance I have ever smelled, like one of those horrible cinnamon Yankee Candles dunked in a bucket of gasoline and Aqua Net hairspray, with a heavy emphasis on the hairspray. Literally. Also, its ghastly, spicy stench can be smelled for blocks. It is the pinnacle of bad taste and tackiness. It's the perfect fragrance for the 32 year-old guy who wears lots of chains, white tank tops, hair gel and baggy leopard-skin pants and hangs out at underage dance clubs to hit on high school girls.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Warm, subtle and distinctive, this woody flowery fragrance is characterised by a resolutery contemporary meeting of extremes.
For men looking at their future through the power of fantasy... and a sense of unlimited freedom.

africa1985

this fragrance is off the chain! my mom bought my first bottle of Fahrenheit for me for Christmas of '98. i had never smelled anything like it. i instantly fell in love with it. im 24 now and my love for Fahrenheit hasnt changed. all of the fragrance notes are perfectly blended for that musky-woodsy smell. i highly recommend it for all the fellas

minimalist
minimalist

it's rare , It's alien it's not from this world. I feel HE wears me.

Eros
Eros

I had it ten years ago, in 199X. At that time this scent among others was cool, expensive-sounding and unusual-into-face, in a "pushy" way.
Now I think I could wear it once a month - just for variation in scent, which is needed for every resposible human.
(... thinking about women's compliments, that "FUELedbyCHAOS" wrote here...)
I know, if You have seduced a particular woman, I mean if she is ready to make love with You, barely she will compliment your parfume.
They make compliments if they just like You OR if they understand Your desire to be mentioned.
Beware to be priced as "poor boy, he wants to be complimented".
I am talking about Fahrenheit Cologne. It is good, but TOO unusual.

africa1985

Fahrenheit is off the chain! i have never found a cologne that smells as good as Fahrenheit.i often reminisce on the first time i got a hold of Fahrenheit. it was back in Christmas of 1998 when my moms got me the 1oz sample bottle. i immediately fell in love with it, but i hesitated to put it on, so i just left the bottle open and the smell of filled the room over the course of a week. im 24 now and my love for Fahrenheit hasnt changed. all of the notes are prefectly blended together to produce that musky-woodsy smell that gives a guy that suave and richy aroma about him.i have a fiancee and it drives her crazy when i put it on. it reminds her of me:) i recommened it to all men.

africa1985

btw, i dont know why i mentioned Spyro the Dragon, but it was my favorite Playstation game at the time and it was the only thing i could seem to reminisce on,:P

africa1985

Fahrenheit is off tha chain! i remember back in Christmas of 1998 when my moms got me the 1oz sample bottle. i immediately fell in love with it, but i hesitated using it, so i just left the bottle open in my room and it filled the whole room. it smelled of Fahrenheit for over a week, while i might add that my mom got me Spyro the Dragon(PlayStation) game and for some odd reason when i put on or even smell fahrenheit, i reminisce on that Christmas night in 1998. im almost 24 now and my love for Fahrenheit hasnt changed.i dont know all the notes off hand, but every note is perfectly blended for that musky-woodsy smell. it drives my fiancee crazy! im currently trying to get my hands on Fahrenheit summer, Fahrenheit 32 and Fahrenheit 0 Degree. i recommend Fahrenheit to any guy that wants a cologne that isnt too strong, but still wants to get tha ladies noticing him.

fredward
fredward

My previous review somehow got deleted, so I'll try again. I agree with the first review in that it smells like petroleum(but not even in a forest). It smells so much like burning tires that I will move away from anyone wearing it. I hear women like it though.

FUELedbyCHAOS
FUELedbyCHAOS

I'm a collector from Hell with over a thousand bottles. I get SO MANY more compliments STILL on this in 2009 than my $800 Clive Christian or Creed lines. Nothing compares to it and it seems to change perfectly on the right individual. It's one of the few you can douse yourself in and never be overpowering. It's a perfect blend of all notes, each one adding to it's timeless distinction. The base notes are very subtly proportioned so that nothing is overpowering. Forever my favourite, since it's introduction.

kugkng
kugkng

I always feel confidence...after wearing this perfume...some reviews say it's too strong...heavy but for me it's so lovely yet calm openning...althougt the base quite male to someone...cause woodsy note but..so sensual for me very suitable and get along to my skin coordinately!!!...right now it becomes my signature scent and my collegues say it's very suit to me as unaggressive scent..

is it me or it really smells so feminine?I think I can smell something like water melon which is not bad at all.it reminds me a bit black XS.I can smell something like petroleum too,but it's gotta be leather or nutmeg.the notes are very complicated and mixed,but totally it's too feminine.

originaldeftom

A classic stand out iconic fragrance from powerhouse DIOR. I went on holidays to a Club Med in Greece in 1992 (I was 19) in late summer and was introduced to the scent then. It will always remind me of that first summer I have ever spent in Greece. I recommend this scent for summer/ late summer as it represents that season of ripe citrus fruits, oozing flavour and aroma in the later part of day, and when the sun sets over the sea, you can smell the sweet sap of pines and other warm Mediterranean woods. This is the perfect holiday fragrance! While Kenzo p.h. is the cool sea-breeze daytime sensation, fahrenheit is the warm evening and mild night: this of warm stones heated up by the sun all day, think of oranges, pines, and while you stand on the warm wood on the peer you are watching the sunset...it is magical, sexy, freeing, sensual, powerful, all at the same time! A masterpiece of a fragrance.

ed

I love Fahrenheit. I smells so warm and lovely.......even at the end of the day. I get a lot of compliments when I wear it at work.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I am a woman and I used to wear this one in my college days. It was (and probably still is) very similar to a discontinued women's perfume called Ultima II Sheer Scent. Fahrenheit was a little more woodsy than that one, which was why I chose it. My then-boyfriend (now husband) sometimes wore it, too, and it smelled wonderful on both of us.

Dry, woodsy, a hint of spice, a hint of clean citrus floral. It was quite popular in the early 1990's but it has now been ages since I smelled it on someone, so you could definitely wear it again and smell unique. This was a great every fragrance for any occasion, and for both men and women.

Taliera
Taliera

I'm sorry, this one smells like crushed termites at my home in Australia... either that or cough medicine. Not a positive outcome at all, I'm afraid.

ticalau

I'm using this one now, for my daily fragrance... and i'm so pleased! I like it a lot! Just so warm and sexy at the same time... and powerful enough 2 smell good all day! I like the top notes so mutch... i can smell leather and something like petroleum at the same time... very unique, and the base notes r just wonderful! Smell like sand, sea dono exactly but smell so elegant and gives an air of wealthy man! :D And at work so many compliments... just amazing!!!

dandy721
dandy721

I remeber well i was on holiday in Turkey when they launched this one, and everyone there was wearing this one so when i smell it i remember my holiday . It's not one of my fav fragrances

charmian
charmian

For me - it`s smell of freedom, smell of sea and a sand in one drop, smell of dream comes true.
I love Fahrenheit more than 10 years...

ticalau

i got 2 say i'm agree with "afraafra" :D... on me 2 smell like petrol... but only on top notes. After, i like it... it's a romantic fragrance, and it's intense and long lasting 2!

afraafra
afraafra

smells like petroleum in a forest!

LuvWarrior
LuvWarrior

I don't mean to put anyone off, but I tried some of this in a department store when it was released. It smelled kinda nice when I sprayed it on, but within 10-15 mins. I was in the bathroom throwing up. Something in it made me very nauseous. I eventually forgot about it and a few years ago I smelled it again and thought it was nice and sprayed some on in the department store and left to go out to a bar with friends. As soon as we got to the bar I was nauseous and then remembered that this happened once before. I had to scrub it off so I could stay and enjoy myself. Fragrances work differently with everyone's skin chemistry. Sorry if I put anyone off, but if it happens to you at least you were warned. LOL

Fahrenheit by Dior 3.87 out of 5 based on 3578 ratings and 550 user reviews

Christian Dior Fahrenheit Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.7oz
Christian Dior Fahrenheit Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.7oz
Fahrenheit Cologne by Christian Dior, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette for Men
Fahrenheit Cologne by Christian Dior, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette for Men

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Fahrenheit fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Fahrenheit, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fahrenheit by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fahrenheit by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.