Designers » D E » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

I have it: 592 I had it: 173 I want it: 511 My signature: 16

smoky
oud
Fahrenheit Absolute Dior for men Videos
Fahrenheit Absolute Dior for men Pictures Fahrenheit Absolute Dior for men Pictures Fahrenheit Absolute Dior for men Pictures

For the21st birthday of the Fahrenheit fragrance, Dior introduces its heir - Fahrenheit Absolute, more intensive and darker that the original. The composition is stronger and more powerful, with the intensified popular aromas of the original.

The violet aroma is extremely emphasized, blended with noble aromas of myrrh, incense and Aoud. New fragrant juices are just as strong as the original ones, leaving an impression of an adventure that one seeks at the end borders of the world, walking down the hot ground besides the melted magma…

The bottle of the new Fahrenheit Absolute keeps the same form; with smoky fiery colored photographs of wild and untamed images of hot magma and water waves….Dior Fahrenheit Absolute will be available from September of 2009, in the bottles of 50 and 100 ml. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy.

Incense Myrrh Agarwood (Oud) Violet

Fahrenheit Absolute Fragrance Reviews

joezilla
joezilla

I was expecting something dark and churchy based on the notes and some of the reviews. Oud? No. There's no medicinal coca-cola like magic in this. Incense? Very, very faint. It's not even close to the incense used by Tom Ford. Or maybe they're in this but I honestly don't understand how they contribute in making the whole olfactory picture. Absolute smells like powdery vanilla with some warm spices. The vanilla is dominant in this(was that supposed to be the oud?). I would say Absolute goes on the tracks of One million and Le male, but this one is whispering compared to the aforementioned. Definitely unisex. Longevity is good. Projection is fluctuating, sometimes it's there, sometimes not. Absolutely unimpressed. You can buy much better for the money.

jude1321
jude1321

Not bad stuff at all. This is now a discontinued item, so get it while you can. I have to say, however, that the modern Fahrenheit regular is better than this stuff, and the vintage Fahrenheit is perhaps the best ever. I like Absolute, it is very very dark purple smell that is great for nights out on the town. A solid addition to your wardrobe, but not on the same level as the legendary Fahrenheit.

Castor
Castor

Knowing that it has been discontinued I went to my usual stockist in order to try it before it went off the shelves.

What should I say... When it was recently launched one of the SAs asked me if I wanted to try it and I disregarded it. I found it horribly sickening, a melange of licorice and chocolate surrounded by a bitternes and a musky undertone in style of the 1970s. It did not find anything in it that could be related to the original Fahrenheit (which I don't like) and, as a matter of fact, I was left asking myself after the House's decision to lunch it as a flanker. It just did not make sense.

Thus I decided to re try it, the SA was generous enough to apply several sprays so I had the chance of accompanying its development.

I did not find it an easy creature, it must have taken some guts by part of the House's managers to launch it: it broods macho, in that sense it reminds me of the macho powerbombs launched during the 1970's / 1980's, but more even so after so many masculines brooding femininity that have been launched or are being launched: this should have been named Dior Homme, seriously.

The mid notes, as I said, are somehow similar to what reviewers call rhubarb notes, playing around a context that makes it quite bitter. The overall feeling is that of a scent exuding virility of the Alpha male kind. It does make a statement. Base notes, still, are sort of common. I could trace simmilarities with other present day orientals.

Just to wrap it up: I never smelt such a dark scent with such masculine undertones. In a metrosexual world it does not surprise me it did not become a classic. Which, BTW, is the reason why I think this is FBW.

Get it while you can if you are a fumehead, or if you are looking after a blend that is the right option when in need to state that you are the one that rules. Just make sure to keep up to the fragrance's character.

ET76
ET76

Absolu is absolutely great scent. It's one of those you're lucky to have in your life. Now with only half bottle left I need to use it carefully.

Molko
Molko

On my skin Fahrenheit absolute is like Prada Luna Rossa Extreme when I am sweating, it's like Prada LRE drydown:) They are very similar but Prada is fresher composition, Dior is smokier and darker, sometimes smells like a shampoo, little bit weird smell but I like it. First spray is not too strong but in time turns more intense and better, enough long lasting with moderate projection. Worth a try!
I always smell and test this mysterious, witch-evil scent in the perfumery shop, I really like and want it for myself, I imagine this like a smoky-oriental unisex frag, so maybe I'll purchase it:)

Finally arrived this evil bottle, nice, I feel definitely the old Fahrenheit dna in the background (I don't like the original Fahrenheit anyway), but it completes with sweet incense tones that easier to wear, has much much better smell. It doesn't scream as loud and aggressive way like the predecessor, projects in soft-moderate mode with good longevity.
The performance could be better, but the smell satisfies me:)

mehdi.gh
mehdi.gh

عشقه واقعا بوی موندگار و لذت بخشی داره
اینم مثل فارنهایت اولش دلم و میزد ولی بعد 30 دقیقه فقط میخوام توش نفس بکشم
در کل 10/10
i love it

Jay T
Jay T

Ce a fait le violet mon favori fleur! Je ne comprend pas quand ils sont dit que c'est un plus fonce version l'original. Pour moi, je pense que c'est un plus leger, plus brillant, ete edition. J'ai eu tres heureux a trouve ce et est une grand marchandage.

El Aurens
El Aurens

It has been overlooked, now discontinued, and soon to be a lost gem.

I don't smell any of the original Fahrenheit in here. Lots of myrrh and incense with a soft oud touch. I imagine an evil sorcerer from the Arabian peninsula smelling like this. Dark, mystical, powerful juice.

If DHI is the crown jewel of Dior's offerings for men then this is their diamond in the rough.

Rating 9/10

stinkypnutz
stinkypnutz

It is possible my nose isn't mature enough yet. This smelled like old ladies at church. I might need more time. I really would like to give this fragrance a chance. Right now, I will stay away from this.

willfulmissconduct

If anyone is looking to buy this before it is gone, fragrancenet still has the 3.4 oz bottles. (The 1.7 oz disappeared last week sometime.) I know it says it is 83 bucks, but if you search for a coupon code, it is 21% off and it never seems to expire. (The web site offers you 20% off.) I just ordered three and my cost was just under 200 bucks and free shipping. I ordered now to get back ups, since I don't want to rely on eBay after it is harder to get. My guess is that the price will not only go up, but there will be a lot of fakes from overseas sellers disguising themselves with multiple eBay user accounts. Never amazes me anymore when I see the identical listing for a perfume from four to six different "sellers" all with feedback of less than 20. Me thinks they are all the same people???

husain.a.m
husain.a.m

I love the original fahernhite and aqua too, I tried fahernhite absolute last year in Debenhams and all what I got is sweat, sweat, sweat and sweat!!! My wife and me got disgusted of the smell, after few weeks I tried it again on my wrist and again the same! all sweat!!! and my brother said the same thing.
I live in a gulf country and people here use quality oud perfumes, I didn't notice any oud in fahernhite absolute but I noticed spices.
I was very excited to try it hoping it will be just amazing like the original but it was disappointing.

Erikkkk
Erikkkk

Ozzy wear this. Como'n Dior resample this masterpiece like TM does with pure malt and pure havane.

valentinocerca.amore
valentinocerca.amore

SE ESISTE IL PARADISO TROVEREMO DI SICURO IL PROFUMO Fahrenheit ABSOLUTE ,IN ATTESA HO COMPRATO TRE BOTTIGLIE.SIGNOR DIOR PER FAVORE NON INTERROMPA ANCHE IL Fahrenheit 32 ,ANZI FACCIA LA VERSIONE EDP. GRAZIE

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I'm sad it's gone, it is a masterpiece, but at least they didn't try to reformulate it. Will have to love the memory of it, which to me was intense vanilla, far from dirty I found it quite clean, heavy but fresh. Monster longevity.

ezeizat
ezeizat

Shame about it being discontinued.

willfulmissconduct

On my skin, this never seems to get the dirty feel that a lot of others get. I actually get a vanilla type drydown and a strong sense of a sweet saffron. I am thinking I might just have to give the New Fahrenheit EDP a try, once it becomes a bit more available at discounters.

willfulmissconduct

I am a 41 year old petite woman and I wear this. Personally, why not? After all, if I smell a guy wearing an amazing cologne and my reaction is positive that I want to know what he is wearing..... well, why would I not want to smell it on myself? My other go to scent (I love violets) is Lalique Hommage. I was going to buy it for my husband, but couldn't bear to share it with him. So I got him some crappy drugstore scent. (He'd never know the difference.)

Upon hearing that this was to be discontinued, I snatched up 3 big bottles. All mine!

Brenao
Brenao

The dark side of the man. Incenso...great frag, luxurious to the top, misteryous, amazing, niche quality. Better for the night, cold weather.

psychout
psychout

just bought the last bottle in the shop!

kanak
kanak

I really love Fahrenheit Absolute. I was a fan of the original Fahrenheit but lost interest a little bit along the way with the reformulations. Then I sampled this at a store and boom, remembered in a rush why I liked the original so much. This is warm and rich as the original but the oud and incense gives this a slightly darker vibe which I really love. All the 4 different notes come together really well making Absolute a really fantastic fragrance. Longevity is an outstanding 8 hours plus on skin ( although it gets closer to skin after 6 hrs) and even better on clothes. I can smell it on my shirts in the laundry hamper 3 days later. projection is just right in my opinion, good without being obnoxious. Now that it's been discontinued, I am glad I got a 100 ml FB before online prices become exorbitant and trust me, it will. warm, dark, rich, inviting, "Absolutely" wonderful. I cant help sniffing myself all the time whenever I have this on. Love it. 9/10

Edit-: I really love the Fahrenheit bottles. The sprayer on this is so tactile you get exactly the amount you want. give it a slight nudge for a small spritz, A little bit more pressure for a nice, full spray. Wonderful attention to small details. Bravo Dior!!

aleksandar.dragas6

Shame on Dior! How could they discontinue this masterpiece!? this is their best fragrance ever, even better than Dior Homme line and Fahrenheit ! I am very sad, but luckily I have 2 bottles..

everlong
everlong

great Myrrh Oud fragrance, the best from the Fahrenheit line, yes i said it, and way better than the parfum BS they just came out with

alessio l
alessio l

Dear all,
this is a dark, deep and great qaulity interpretation of the orifinal F.

Perfect for a cold and windly day in Paris, very masculine, not for everyone.

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

Sadly, it has been discontinued according to
Michael Edwards 2014 Edition "The Fragrance Bible".

Here you go again Christian Dior, if not reformulating a fragrance that's already great like Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense. You discontinue a fragrance that people actually loves.

When are you(Gucci, Dior, YSL) going to learn to listen to us...the consumers?

Marciu

Finally - I've tested it about two times. It really has very little in common with Fahrenheit. IMO the first 10 minutes are similar, then they go their own ways.

Fahrenheit Absolute is a woody fragrance all the way. At first I felt the burst of oud wood, later on the mix of olibanum and myrrhe came in.
About an hour or so later I detected the famous Fahrenheit note.

Unfortunately, to me it could be much more complex. And the longevity is only average - 6 to 8 hours. is way to few. I expected a lot more.

Marciu

Whoops, I guess it already IS discontinued for real. It dissapeared from the Dior's official site.

missan

I don´t agree that Fahenheit is similar to M7, maybe very, very remotely. I just love M7, I find it really exguisite, I do not like Fahrenheit at all, it´s just strange and dissonant.
But I´m not really a fan of any Dior.

houstcs

I prefer it to the original, Iove the original but I look to the flankers when I don't want to smell like gasoline. However now and then I want to smell like I have been huffing gas haha
If you like M7 I say its a good blind

I was at a funeral once wearing it and kept unconsciously putting my head in my shirt and my sister in law asked me if I was okay, she thought I was crying but I was really smelling myself, she counted 12x. I wasn't aware I was doing it. You can get a 5ml sample from my.perfume.samples. Com for 7.50. I bought from there before I picked up a 100ml bottle

Marciu

The point is I'm not a fan of original. I appreciate it for what it is but I'll probably never buy it. I'm looking for something else than original. That's why I wanted to test this one out but I guess I'll have to buy it blind. I know that notes won't tell me anything untill I sniff it myself on my skin, but notes of Absolute look way more better than notes of Le Parfum to me.

And I hope Dior will not discontinue it.

houstcs

It does have a sweet smell to it, it's very interesting but does not quite smell like the original. If you are looking for it to be similar you may be disappointed. I do love it but if you are a huge fan of the original it may not be a safe blind buy. It's one of my favorites, but it's not that close to the original to my nose. Very heavily violet with an m7 vibe in the background, also I was a little disappointed with longevity for a dior.

anna.dkr5

@Marciu: When I smelled it on paper last year, I detected incense almost immediately. Unlike a lot of other people, I didn't smell a hint of the original Fahrenheit. I smelled the paper strip a few hours later, when it had dried down, and it smelled sweet. That's all I can tell you about it; I wish I had sampled it better.

Marciu

As it is (exactly like Eau Sauvage Parfum) discontinued from all Sephoras and Douglases in my city, I can't test it. I can buy it blind though, retailed I guess. So I have few questions.

Are myrrhe and incense very pronounced or they just appear for max 1 hour and then they're gone? Is it very sweet? (I mean I like oud like this one in M7) Finally, ist it similar to original Fahrenheit (which I actually like, my father used to use it, but to me, it's too popular) or totally something else?

Thanks for your responses!

nonsisa
nonsisa

Fascinating scent due to the fact that it manages to get along with only a few notes. Now that it might be discontinued it'll be in demand even more so. The oud is not the best but the incense seems very nicely done.

Maybe I'll get a bottle as long as it's still available.

Senzadite
Senzadite

Buy NOW...its going to be as expensive as M7 is right now.

A beautiful smoky oud. Such a shame that is not goig to be available anymore

aleksandar.dragas6

@muncierobson aaahh what a shame! I will try the new one but this one is stunning! I guess I should buy a back up bottle :D

muncierobson

@aleksandar the dior representative told me! It's a shame,'le parfum' new version is very good tho!

aleksandar.dragas6

@muncierobson how do you know it is discounted?

muncierobson

This has been discontinued (jan 2014) but the new fahrenheit 'le parfum' is amazing!

lovetribe
lovetribe

i want this.is so masculine,mysterious strong.for really man.
it has something of classical fahrenheit.

GMK
GMK

I dont love or like vintage Fahrenheit, that is for sure but i do like the Absolute version as it only shares the top notes very slightly and than transforms into woody smoky sweet base, which i like the most in fragrances despite the redundant production.

It shares some similarities with M7 ysl due to OUD but its more balanced comparatively , i also detect some spice here , overall a good cold weather fragrance and I like this flanker more than the original.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

The opening has a hint of original Fahrenheit (which is not for me) together with balmy/bitter myrrh. I also get some cumin though it’s not listed. As it dries down I start to get some sweet incense maybe the sweetness is coming from vanilla, which is not listed as well. I don’t really get the oud maybe it’s well-blended in. Although it’s an “absolute” it has moderate only longevity and wears close to my skin. Overall feel I get from this is bitter yet sweet, dark, balmy and smoky. It’s currently my best designer “churchy” scent. The scent gets 4 out of 5 from me. I like it!

craniumbash
craniumbash

Smells really bad for my taste, I like the original Fahrenheit but this one smells mostly like leather drenched with sweat over the years. Got negative comments from a few people including a couple of females.

On the other hand it is really long lasting and has nice sillage.

Not for my taste but some people might like it.

attila.attila
attila.attila

This fragrance is perfect, it does not make any sense to compare to classic Fahrenheit. It is another product, but among the best!

ezequiel91
ezequiel91

Completely cloying. Interesting, but far from a masterpiece.

ed
ed

I find the original Fahrenheit much more attractive. This smells very different to me. Darker and less appealing. I liked it at first but would not buy again.

lgbailey86
lgbailey86

Great cold weather and night scent. Would be too sweet without the deeply woodsy base.

At times this scent borders on being unisex. A sexy gypsy/esque girl (referring to a lifestyle, not being pejorative to the Romani people..) could pull this off. I've been layering it with the original to make it more masculine and slightly tone down the richness.

Reminiscent of an exotically scented hookah lounge (in a darker corner, away from the falafel etc). Or a house party in the old Victorian mansion...

More of a smell that a late 20s-mid 30s hipster would wear casually than a suit and tie scent to my nose. Not that it can't be worn up also, just slightly more of a hippie smell than a suit and tie would warrant. Can see someone a little older dressing this all the way up more convincingly than the late 20s-mid 30s bracket.

Spicy and take your breath away deep woody resiny in the open - right after a shot of violet - that gradually mellows and changes into a creamier leathier mid where the violet is more prominent, always maintains a catch your breath sort of spice.. and sometimes smells like the original... and then it gets more woody and darker in the final dry down.

Unsolicited compliments immediately from two high pedigree female friends of mine.
This is one of my only fragrances that I will truly only wear one time of year, winter

georgequeue
georgequeue

This juice is so delicious and classy, as well as long-lasting. I'll buy a bottle of this beauty soon. :)

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I like the way this one smells simultaneously like violets, (synthetic) oud and incense without any one of the notes predominating with a sort of smoky suggestion overall; a skilled blend! I'm also happy to note that the medicinal note that synthetic oud can take on (YSL M7) is absent from this creation.

It's not quite my thing, but I like this one better than the Fahrenheit original... Very pleasant and very wearable with good longevity.

Woah!!! What about this one hey?
I ABSOLUTEly love it!!!
Why have I not had regular Fahrenheit for a few years now? I don't know ??? is the answer...
Come back all is forgiven...I adore you!!!
Absolute is much more sumptuous and darker than the original with oud and incense and in actual fact you get that a lot of that in the top of the fragrance, you have to rummage a little for the violet familiarity of Fahrenheit but it comes through.
When it dries down a little it gives you all the goodness of the original with a new found deepness smokiness and a quality of resin.
It's genius and I love the way it says on the box which changes have been implicated something you don't get with most flankers. In fact most flankers change up the notes completely but Dior have made sure all of them contain the original elements that make Fahrenheit a timeless classic.
This is awesome and I love it if I hadn't made myself clear.

dad hash
dad hash

Suit and tie with this one and all set for a business meeting or elite class dinner with some hot mature chics ...just lovely, dark and appealing ....

herreroph
herreroph

I prefer this one over the original, first because it has oud and secondly because the kerosene note is missing.

jht4060
jht4060

Dior Fahrenheit Absolute is the dark flanker cousin of the classic Fahrenheit. They are both great scents but I think I like Fahrenheit Absolute a bit better. If you know Fahrenheit, Absolute is similar but darker, sweeter, and smokier, and it lacks that Fahrenheit kerosene note, rather as if you caramelized Fahrenheit. Both show off the remarkable fact that violet and wood synergize in surprising ways; both are masterpieces of the perfumer's craft.

houstcs

I feel the fuel smell is missing from this, which allows the powdery violet to shine through. I am very fond of this, where I found the original to be a little too odd and not practical enough. Wish I could get a good deal on a full bottle of this. Anyone not like it let me know if we can work out a swap. Dior emailed me and said its not sold in the US.

summer05
summer05

This perfume reminds me of Davidoff silver shadow

badkarma
badkarma

Reminds me of walking past some temples in India. The fire burning in the temple, in front of which the priest sits while chanting mantras. I love this stuff.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I have several Dior colognes, the three that I would never part with is Dior Homme sport, Eau Sauvage Parfum and now Fahrenheit Absolute.
I have searched all around trying to find Fahrenheit Absolute, after many month's and constant pursuit I came across a retailer who I frequent often and he knew I was looking for it so I finally purchased a 50ml bottle.
Without any hesitation I bought it and I felt so good not giving it up thou it was a small size.
The wait was well worth it, when I arrived home I sprayed some to see what I thought. For the first time, I could smell the rich aroma which makes this a sophisticated cologne.
This cologne is an "ABSOLUTE" MATERPIECE using four notes only!!! The first two notes that I can smell when I first sprayed is Violet and Myrrh. The deep notes that follow is the incense with just a touch of Oud, a very special ingredient.
The two notes give this cologne a deep woodsy/smokey aroma.
I am amazed how four notes can produce such a powerful aroma that lasts well past 10 hour's.
The simplicity of this cologne makes this both sexy and mystical.
The rich aroma is well worth buying if you can find it.
The longevity is well past 10 hour's and sillage is tense, you can smell it 4' feet away.
Overall, without a doubt this one is one of my signature fragrance's and I would go out my way to find another bottle.
I hope that Dior read this and somewhere down the road they have a re launch of Fahrenheit Absolute.
I highly recommend it to those who enjoy a rich aroma with a long staying power.
It is worth 150% if you can find it beside online shopping...you won't be disappointed.

micrtin
micrtin

I almost blind bought but was able to find a tester. I would not recommend blind buying this one. Unfortunately I did not recognize Fahrenheit in this one, it is it's own unique scent to me. I thought it is less sweet, more "serious" smelling, if that makes sense and there is none of that petrolium, that made the original so intriguing. There is a lot of pepper and its kind of powdery. I will pass on this one, it is one odd scent that makes me dizzy. On my other arm was Fahrenheit and to me there was no contest. I actually thought the original was "darker", but then again it so many things at once and almost make you go "how does it do that?".
I really thought I would love it but I feel as they removed too much of the original. I dont really see it as a darker version of the original. I think Fahrenheit is so unique that it is hard for any flanker to compete or even co-exist- except Aqua which is amazingly done.

Amadeus_k

Absolutely in love with this perfume,,very good and high quality .. it resembles molten iron or avalanche and giant hot stone .. very odd and lovely scent .8/10

jamdavmiller
jamdavmiller

I am not a fan of the original Fahrenheit. I know some will hate me for saying that but it is true. I don't like the way the violet is presented. However, I really love Fahrenheit Absolute. It is reminiscent of smoldering wood in the heart. And to be honest the transition from the the openning to the heart smells a bit like sex. I am not trying to be salacious with this comment, but I am not sure how to put it more politely. The base is a beautiful smoky sweetness. A truly dynamic fragrance despite the simple notes listed above. Highly recommended.

samer007
samer007

when i saw the notes in this one i was like wooow i gotta sample this but one spray at the counter and i was disappointed... i expected a fahrenheit meets oud meets M7, instead it's just a woodier version of fahrenheit without the drama of the original:( too bad because Dior rarely disappoints me...
2+ stars.

anna.dkr5

I sampled this today, and it's good. Sweeter than the original, for sure. However, I much prefer the original and the Aqua version.

jackfort
jackfort

Too bad, i blind bought this frag!
I dont like it at all + my girlfriend said it smells too powdery, too feminine for her taste. Ho well i'll stick with the original then...

killerpollo
killerpollo

i dont really like original fahrenheit , i do like 32 and aqua so i had to try this one and i think i still prefer the original over this , this one i get lots of BO ,the top notes are just sweat , when it drys down is ok but still not my type of scent .

uxmanali
uxmanali

Smells little bit like sweat
Lasting is good
Silage is average

Amadeus_k

صفت: عمیق و تیره است؛ نفسانی و فریبنده است ,با کیفیت بالا., مرموز به دلیل عود و بخور دادن و چرم
,فوق العاده جذب .مناسب برای هر محیط اجتماعی است، . آن دارای طول عمر موثر ,برای آب و هوای سرد
به لطف دیور.
بو: 8.5
طولانی: 9.5
sillage: 8

MOMOOO
MOMOOO

when you mention dior then you mention the high quality for me dior is number 1 from all designer houses and absolute is not an exception it is darker than the original Fahrenheit more mysterious because of oud and incense & leather . absolute removed the petroleum smell which i did not like in the original . it has an impressive longevity & good sillage . great one for cold weather
thanks dior .
smell : 8.5
long : 9.5
sillage : 8

murysusanto
murysusanto

Like its name...Absolute. It is definetely one potent formula to last a day. Very strong. Quite strange at first but after a whilenit gets better.

axton44
axton44

Fahrenheit Absolute

Adjectives: Deep and dark; sensual and captivating.

Smell: 10/10
On my skin, Fahrenheit Absolute has a certain phermonal vibe to it; as if my body is producing the scent itself. The oud, incense, and myrhh are sweetened by the violet, which brings out a very unique and alluring scent. Such a simple composition, however it is blended perfectly and gives the fragrance many layers; warm, slightly sweet, dark and smoldering. Great projection and longevity.

Compliments: 10/10
One of my most complimented fragrances I own, Fahrenheit Absolute is perfect for a first date, or any social setting when one is on the prowl. It is incredibly alluring and multi-demensional. women want to get closer to you so they can sniff you. My ex girlfriend would smell the bottle just because she loved the scent so much.

Overall: 10/10
If I could only choose one Dior fragrance, I would easily choose this over DHI. Niche quality. One of the best designers I have encountered; highly recommended.

Adjectives: Deep and dark; sensual and captivating.

Smell: 10/10

Compliments: 10/10

Overall: 10/10

terreri
terreri

For me, this reminds me of Fahrenheit when it first came out!! Like all things from the 80's and 90's....we seem to have this watered-down/faux/shadow of what products once were. Yes this lives up to its "intense" label, but it's unmistakenly a part of the Fahrenheit family. I get mixed reviews from people who love the original scent but my partner has always hated the original but absolutely adores this version. 100% credit once again to Francois Demachy for nailing the notes in just the right order to make an already classic fragrance appear even more classy. I have no problems wearing this on a day-to-day basis, but this little gem really comes into its own at an evening dinner party or sophisticated gathering. I think women find this attractive due to the nostalgic aroma of Parma-Violets that tickle the nasal cavities after the heavier Oud settles down. Two thumbs up!!

ComaSaan
ComaSaan

Definitely smoky! Start off as the original Fahrenheit, but little darker. Then its all smoky, violet progressing to a creamier stage. After that it stays smoky and creamy still the end.

Projection is good. Fahrenheit fans should try this one. As for me, i'm not crazy about this one. The original is way better for me.

stayclose

Not sure what roqfort is smelling but its not this fragrance. I put in on today in the middle of fall, its raining outside and when i wear it i feel safe. to me this is a beautiful scent, the oud and violet give the incense and myrrh a soft touch which makes it a joy to smell.

jae
jae

Fahrenheit = "I enjoy being a man".
Fahrenheit Absolute = "I LOVE BEING A MAN".

Definitely for the manly man with some class, this is a dead-ringer for a signature scent. I don't want to cuddle with anybody when I'm wearing this. I want to fire shots at the pistol range, play some 9-ball, toss a few darts, throw back some Stella Artois or tequila shots and enjoy the boy's night out. But I'm pretty sure that the women I'd run into on their girl's night out wouldn't mind getting closer to a polished gentleman wrapped in Fahrenheit Absolute. Hmmm... The thought of cuddling while wearing this isn't such a bad idea, after all... lol

moynah
moynah

Just had a heads up about this. I am a die hard oud fan, and proud owner of The original Fahrenheit - I sometimes run into the store for a top-up often totally confusing the staff

'uhh she just sprayed after shave on her dress.. WTF??'
I also have a passionate affair with the cigar bottle M7.

I enjoy wearing M7 some days and the Original Fahrenheit other days. I cocktail them with some Montale florals or Guerlain Meteorites (violet)

OMG Im soo excited about getting this Absolute tester - update coming soon! x

**** Heres the UPDATE****
Ohhh why was this such a dissapointment???
I was really hoping it would be an 'extreme' version of the original, with added 'smoke' but it wasn't
To my nose. Ill sum it up. The hallmarks of the original are there - almost - it truly is as if you've grabbed the original, diluted it down, then added a powdery note.. smokey powdery. It has feminised the original. It literally has made it unisex. Its lost its boom! bang! whoa! all the qualities the original devotees LUURVE. And replaced it with "oh is that IT???" shame, real shame. back to original I go x

Gyallar
Gyallar

Smells like day after dry sweat in the clothes, and I like it ;-)

Lanark
Lanark

Fahrenheit Absolute - Eastern version of the classic. Mysterious and seductive. Wearing it makes us feel like a Templar knight who, after setting fire to a mosque, steps into a chapel full of incense, where he prays, contrite – yet conquer – Christian, and later, at the same, starry night, seducing an odalisque in a glittering palace of jewels and immersed in myrrh.

Outstanding.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Masculinity in a bottle.
I mean, of course a woman can wear this if she wants to, but to me, it is pure masculinity.

Fahrenheit Absolute opens with a sharp blast of amped up violets, similar to the original fragrance. Though leather is not listed here, I would swear there's some leather in the opening. But then after a few minutes that typical Fahrenheit opening dries down to the most beautiful, sensual, rich, deep scent, a scent with so many different facets that seem to play hide and seek with each other.
It's dark, smoky and sexy. There's a big dose of smoky incense, and you can smell the slightly bitter, slightly medicinal oudh and the bitter myrrh. It's so beautiful. The very end of the dry down becomes very woody, like a wooden box that has held a bottle of Fahrenheit Absolute for a very long time.

But for al the smoky warmth of this fragrance, I don't get the "volcano" idea. There still is a cold vibe to it, I think because of the violet.
I picture a brazier on the corner of a street in the middle of winter, when the whole town is covered in snow. A handsome man next to the fire offers his coat to a shivering woman next to him. When she wants to return it to him, he seems to be already gone. She walks home, enveloped in the coat, and on it she can smell a soft trail of Fahrenheit Absolute...

drmath123

This one is a masterpiece. I like it better than M7. It's strong, long lasting and smells like expensive niche oud fragrances.

stayclose

Incense and myrh is what I smell not sure what oud and violet smell like but they could be the culprit behind the sweetness here. I feel like the prince of persia when I wear this "give me the dagger!".

RAG1987
RAG1987

I absolutely love this, I am 25 and love the dark, smokey richness of this. Not a lot I can say to add this up as everyone else seems to have done so already but this is amazing. Very smokey, burning wood and leather. Masculine indeed. Can anyone confirm if this has been discontinued? Boots told me it hasn't been dicontinued from production but it is only available from them online. Don't want to be chasing my tail for another bottle in times to come as this is my new love!

I am in the United Kingdom in case anyone wonders

UPDATE I have had confirmation that this IS NOT discontinued. Directly from the house of DIOR :) :)

garett
garett

I am gonna be making it short and simple.I wont be telling about the base notes , heart notes etc etc cuz u can see it on official site.This is epic. I dont care about that it is better for winters.Personally it gives me a dilusion that i am roaming around in some turkish or arabic spice market with incense and other exotic things with incense sticks burning and there are beautiful carpets all around and i am on some world tour , morocco etc ? ya'll know ? It feels precious and historical , which doesnot phase me at all.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A warm, beautiful scent which is well made and sensous...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-1.5 hours - 1 foot projection. This sparkles out of the bottle - it is like 20% original fahrenheit with a"fizzy cocoa" twist. It soon becomes its own smell and the original fahrenheit smell is gone. Delicious, smooth, very rounded and well made. Its like it is bubbling away on the skin. It is "soft" dark, nothing bitter, nothing heavy, very pretty in fact and could be Unisex

1.5 hours - 3 hours - 7 inch projection

3-4 hours - 1 inch projection

4-7 hours. Close to skin - such a lovely, stunning drydown and smells quite sweet in the end. Even more Unisex now

A lovely scent

D A V A R I
D A V A R I

یک تکه چوب سفید خشک را در معرض نور خورشید قرار دهید بعد از گرم شدن روی ان اب بریزید مشابه
Fahrenheit-Absolute میشود
ماندگاری و پخش بو متوسط
در کل کار خوبیه

A piece of white wood exposed to sunlight to dry in the same pour warm water on
the Fahrenheit-Absolute
survival and distribution of medium-roasted
whole work in good

lucasdmn
lucasdmn

very incense, spicy, smoky, woody. But, I not recommend for blind buy, many people loves and hate this fragrance. For me, is better than the tradicional Fahrenheit, a masterpiece! Love this fragrance. The drydown is fantastic.

pradyumna
pradyumna

pure male warmth, exotic, clever, never to be underestimated, very clever, and bitter because of the myrrh. a warm poem, I love it, always will.

PS: and for all those who get a headache, for Christ´s sake, try Lalique, everything from Lalique is pure air, light and so on. Do yourself a favour.

sameh

By the way i bought 2 bottles !

sameh

I wore it a few months a go, extremely heavy, grate 4 the winter & it makes u feel confidant & warm !

Kain
Kain

The smell of the dragon's lair!
Imagine this:
You are a noble paladin!
You have a mission! you should take down the evil dragon.
It's night. the dragon lair is in high mountain cliffs!
You are entering the lair. you have a magic sword in your hand!
In your way, there are some violet flowers growing on rocks! damn! does dragon also wear original fahrenheit! lol
You go a few steps further, the original fahrenheit is gone!
The dragon see you! he is so angry. you can smell his breath of fire! you cover behind a big stone.
He attacks you and by his fire the stone start to become magma.
The smoke and magma smell can be sniffed everywhere.
While they are fighting, we leave the lair with our camera! that's enough for our movie! lol
This is what is fragrance smells like!
For a few minutes smells like original fahrenheit but after that smells completely different.
Very smoky and dark because of the incense and myrrh note and also some sweetness.
The oud shows his face in the base, but he is so weak in the background.
Less projection against the original but have a good longevity just like the original.
A great fragrance. i love it.
یه عطر بسیار عالی دیگه از خانواده فارنهایت
برای چند دقیقه اول به خاطر وجود رایحه گل وایولت لیف بوش شبیه فارنهایت اورجینال هست اما 2-3 دقیقه بعد بوش کاملا عوض میشه
در ادامه بوش شیرین، در عین حال دودی و تلخ و تاریک میشه. یه بویی مثل بوی مواد مذاب تو دهانه آتشفشان رو میده! :دی
در آخر کمی بوی عود بهش اضافه میشه که البته خیلی ضعیفه
پخش بوش از نسخه اصلی کمتره اما ماندگاری خوبی داره
دوسش دارم خیلی زیاد

lucky-boy
lucky-boy

I have this MASTERPIECE. I tested it, and after 1 hour I was regreting cause I didn't buy it that time.
But I went for it the next day!
It is dark, mysterious, a little leathery, and always a compliment getter.
Very beautiful and attractive, warm, sexy, lovely.
The opening is very strong, but after 30 minutes you have a beautiful, warm and calming scent.
Longevity as about 8-10 hours on my skin 9/10
Projection is awesome 9/10
Sillage: 9/10
Scent: 10/11 :)
When I wear it, I feel very confident.
Good work Dior

cyber861
cyber861

بعد از 4 بار تست کردن بالاخره امروز فهمیدم عاشقه اینم شدم.عجب کاره محشریه.

به نظرم شباهتی با= اصلیش نداره

Carestinus
Carestinus

Do I love this?

Yes, ABSOLUTEly!!

After buying many perfumes I had again and again the awful experience of getting crazy about one, buying it and then not using it anymore after the fourth wearing. I felt very silly for not giving them the time to be sampled with care, wait for the drydown and imagine myself using it (think of the clothes, the situation, the appropriate age, etc). In this case I waited for too long. It's the first time I finish a bottle and feel somehow orphan for not having a new one on my wardrobe.

I agree this is very intense, a great aoudy floral that isn't for people who hate being noticed because of a strong scent. Everyone will ask what you're wearing. Still, this does neither mean everyone would use it nor that they would love it on you. I don't care. I can't resist smelling it on my body, clothes and else (imagine!!!!). The first days I thought this bottle would last for 5 years since it is very loud and the amazing sprayer gives away only a few drops every time which immediately take over your room... but I was so surprised at the actual amount of times I faced my perfume cabinet and couldn't watch any other scent than this. So it's over after a year and a half. My only advice: watch out, the drydown is very sweet, so don't overspray. Longevity is amazing and sillage is great too. I use it all year long but mainly when it gets colder.

I had long ago the original F and that one is undeniably a piece or art but I smelt it everywhere on others so I kind of avoided it and eventually gave it away to my bro. This has some similarities, but they are way too different. Here you also get a handful of violets but instead of the gasoline they are mixed with rich rich rich myrhh, adorable aoud and incense. Yes, those 4 ingredients is all you smell, I don't need anything else to be smitten and sorry, but I have to run to the shop... I won't even dare to miss buying a new one before the sales assistant tells this is discontinued... Have a great day! I'll have a myrrhy one!

Rob Frost
Rob Frost

This is clearly my favorite in the Fahrenheit line.

I find it to be far superior to the original Fahrenheit which, to my nose, is more of an olfactory experiment than a wearable, enjoyable scent; more of a smell than a fragrance.

Absolute makes me think of the original Fahrenheit as a raw material that, in its pure form, doesn't smell very good, but begins to shine when combined with other ingredients, lending an interesting touch to a composition.

The original's motor-oily theme unmistakably reverberates in Absolute, but it has been toned down – which is not to mean that Absolute is merely a watered down, blander version of the original: it rather takes what made the original unique and enriches it, embeds it in an overall much more wearable, enjoyable, but still captivating, intense, dark and very masculine fragrance.

lscian
lscian

An intense mixture of incense, myrrh, oud and violet that is somewhat reminiscent of sweet licorice with a salty undertone. It is headache-inducingly dark, heavy, sensual and smoky-sweet, in one word: Perfect.

DaZeD
DaZeD

This is such a perfect scent!

I always loved the original and i love this one just as much!
At the initial spray i thought it was exactly the same scent, it's only in the drydow that you notice an obvious difference, this one is a lot darker and smokier.

It really smells like incense, dark smoky thick incense, i'm totally in love with it!

blueberry
blueberry

This is by far the best Fahrenheit version and one of the few examples when the flanker overrides the original, with its name fitting perfectly the nature of the scent.
Absolute is absolutely ;) beautiful end enchanting! So smooth, enveloping, mystical, spiritual even and I feel virtually in heaven wearing it myself... If you want to meditate or seek internal balance or connect with the Absolute - this is an essential fragrance for this purpose! Yup, this is for the incence/myrrh/oud lovers of both sexes.
Fantastic longevity - lasts up to 8 hrs on my skin and much longer on clothes.
A masterpiece for cold season.

RIVI1969
RIVI1969

Maybe there was something wrong with my nose and my skin yesterday, but I put a couple of sprays on my wrist of this, and it was an absolut terrible experience, I wish I could elaborate more on notes but simple I cannot stand it, so I had to find the nearest restroom to wash it. Thumbs down!!!

drmath123

This one takes some time to get use to. I bought a small 50 ml bottle after testing it. It wasn't love at first smell, but after a week of use, i started to really like this version. Had many compliments and FYI this EDT is really STRONG!! I find it smoky and somewhat sweet. The scent lasted more than 12 hrs on skin. I rate it 9/10

darrshanjvoraa
darrshanjvoraa

sorry to dior this time u hav missed this one, not worthy at all. sick perfume.

spoombung
spoombung

This smells almost exactly mid-point between the highly original, up-front Fahrenheit and the cooler, ice-cream like Fahrenheit 32 - the petrol/incense notes have been softened and the vanilla and musk content have increased with the addition of a cold note (is it a touch of mint perhaps?) I can't smell any Oud in it and I don't find it smoky as others have claimed. It is however, very powdery.

Think of it as a slightly colder, sweeter version of the original. It's pleasant and wearable but a bit boring... and I prefer the original Fahrenheit.

armchair sailor
armchair sailor

So far the only fragrance I've found that smells both hot and cold is Fahrenheit. A masterpiece: it leaves you puzzled and in awe.
This Absolute version recaptures the magic of the original, non reformulated one. It's different but plays the same magic trick.
It's the only perfume where the incense does not remind me of a church but manages to be sexy and evocative.
The hug between the sacred east (the oud) and the sacred west (incense) produces a miracle. Sorry, now I have to spray it...

ikipi
ikipi

Very balanced, masculine, stylish, sexy, powerful, with character.
I really like for some winter nights.

ION
ION

To keep things simple and short, imagine the original perfume with black pepper on top.
That's what "Fahrenheit Absolute" is all about!
If I wanted to become even more iconic, I'd say that this is the olfactory representation of having a punch in the face (yes you read it right!).
Especially in its drydown you can almost feel the blush, the heat and the pain.
Not for anyone, but valid somehow for a once in a lifetime purchase. Peace :)

Scentrist
Scentrist

I'll tell you that I really wanted to be impressed by this fragrance, and in fact this is really not a bad scent. As others have noted, it grows on you over time, and definitely is much more heat reactive than the original. I'd like to be able to say that I'm in love with this, I'm really torn by it for a few reasons.

One is that it's truly NOT the original, so if someone bought this expecting the same wow factor the original created (I still have a bottle of the non-reformulated juice), I must tell you this left me just a little flat. The next is that it's really a culmination of incense and oud. Oud. Just about every fragrance now makes some claim as to having an our note, which doesn't differentiate this quite as much as one might think. Oud is the new "aquatic" that was thrown at us during the 90's and somewhat after. If it was a superb Oud, I might have a different opinion, but this smells of a very synthetic note. Compared to other Ouds, I found this lacking, even when the myrrh and incense is factored. In short, there are better Oud fragrances than Absolute.

On its own merits, I'll admit that it isn't bad and it grows on you after being on your skin for a while, but it's just not something that I'd scour the globe to recommend to others now knowing the composition and totality of it. Again, it's a good fragrance, but for me, it falls short of the greatness of the original, and the original still carries that x-factor that makes it truly unique. This lacks that element, and while not the worst blind-buy I've had, it's not one I'd been keen to recommend very highly.

3.25/5 for me.

ZinoDavidoff
ZinoDavidoff

I like it, but i still prefer the original Fahrenheit, which is a scent to die for.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Tested this again today, it is sweet, the agarwood and incense is very prominent. I think it smells quite simular to M7 YSL and I already own that so to me buying FA would be a waste of money.

bwcw81
bwcw81

I tried Fahrenheit original and Aqua, I love them both. This Absolute version take it one level up.

It is 70% similar with the original one, gone is the nasty gasoline smell, but they introduce a very warm and heavy incense smell, for me, it is so potent through out the second and last notes! It sort of give you such warmth and hot feel! Perfect for cold winter!

And this version last so long and it survive after my bath! Easily passed 10 hours. Amazing lasting power! Absolute Fahrenheit!!!

This is the winter version of Fahrenheit, wear it with care! Definite a buy for me! 9/10 from me!

bet85
bet85

Out of all the Fahrenheit flankers (summer, 32, aqua) Absolute is the only one that makes sense to purchase. Original Fahrenheit is a great versatile fragrance that can be worn all seasons. But if u want something for the really cold weather that's SLIGHTLY sweet, extremely unique, and maintains great projection and longevity than absolutely buy absolute. To me absolute smells like burning vanilla!! Smoldering feeling as described in the box. Not really your everyday fragrance, so i find myself wearing this for special nights only(cold nights even better). This is an extremely awesome smell will give you compliments. I hope its never discontinued.

meshary007
meshary007

sexy elegant man at night ...

opens sweet powdery oud with soft dark incense with a hint of Myrrh
dry down powdery oud .

Base note
OUD WOOD FROM LAOS

yilmazg
yilmazg

Dior has done it again. Another unique, captivating launch for men. Fahrenheit absolute is one of the best winter fragrances for men today. Flowers, woods, rocks, leather. And oh hey what is this burning like smell? Burning leather? Must be Dior house burning the perfume industry again!

;-)
;-)

Love this fragrance. It has the basenotes that I search for in any . I might buy it for my husband and use it My self to layer with any sweet and fruity not I happendto comeback across and like. Lovely long drydown. Great from the verv first sents, a mature fahrenheit.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Other masterpiece from Dior House.
I found a agar well balanced in a base of Fahrenheit, leather with a sweet tone mixed with incense vibe.
So, i loved Absolute too, its more elegant, refined, i only wish the projection could be better.

missan

I think I have changed my mind about this cologne. It´s really very nice. Even if I like the M7 better, I find it much better than the original.

costaleo
costaleo

It's a fragrance that I have to go back to a few times yet, to actually understand it. I confess it's a bit offputting in the beginning. Too dark, maybe, and I find myself a bit lost when choosing the right place and time to wear it. I keep putting it off because of that. After once again reading the reviews here, I'll keep in mind to revisit this fragrance once again.

If you're not familiar with oudh or like it in a softer interpretation Fahrenheit Absolute may be a good point to start. A nice variation on the original violet /leather theme, lightly enriched with a tiny dose of oudh (absolute) and incense. Pleasant, very wearable and still one of the best Designer's releases in 2009.

Galleddrim
Galleddrim

Spicy, incensy, and dry. Fahrenheit Absolute is a great winter fragrance that just cuts through the cold and warms everything up. Only thing I could wish for is a bit smoother rounder base. I think also that the oud note could come forward a bit for my taste. In any case, it is very much in the vein of M7, but different enough that it is worth having both.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

The better version of fahrenheit.
Similar with the effect of violet.
More dark ,serious and a lot less popular.
Longevity 7-9 hours with good projection.
Fit perfect those snow days.
Presentation is also phenomenol, this black and red colors are killer :D !

mehrdad
mehrdad

کاری زیبا از کمپانی دیور در راستای پدر بزرگ و ارجمندشان فارنهایت که حالا بسیاری از فرزندانش پا به عرصه گذاشته و با اسمهای مختلفی در پس نام فارنهایت به ظهور رسیده اند بعد از جد مکرم جناب ابسولت مسلما این فرزند خلف کاری بس در خور توجه میباشد برای کسانی که فارنهایت و دیور را با سخت گیری ها و دقت در ارائه عطرهایش میشناسند
تمامی تعاریف فارنهایت بزرگ برای فرزندش نیز به ارث رسیده است
پخش بوی خیلی خوب
دوام خوب
کلاسیک
در کل از داشتنش لذت خواهید برد چه پدر و چه پسر هر دو خوبند

A new smoldering interpretation of Fahrenheit by François Demachy, Dior Perfumer-Creator.

He creates an intense Eau de Toilette that evokes this new voyage: the emblematic notes of Fahrenheit (violet leaf and leathery notes) are enriched with sensual, smoldering notes in Fahrenheit Absolute. Resins and rare woods that reveal their power and richness when warmed: Myrrh Essence, Frankincense, Oud Wood.

A smoldering leathery woody fragrance, an elegant and extremely masculine scent with sensual and mysterious accents.

به نقل از سایت دیور

Hoxx
Hoxx

It is just perfect... perfect in every meaning.

So warm, smokey, fiery, but yet subtle and pleasant. It is very complex and has few notes I can't really define, but some stand out such as agarwood, violet and resins. In the beginning the combination of incense and aoud gives a mystical, gothic, medieval character and also warmth and fieriness. Later, a violet redirects the fragrance evolution to a totally different level, softens the intense aromas of aoud and resins in a groundbreaking way.

For some people its opening could seem a little too heavy, but I personally don't think of it that way, as it's both intense and gentle at the same time. However, depending on your skin, it may vary, I guess.

On my skin the evolution is slow and the violet-less woods last very long, but also does the violet part of evolution - on me, its longevity is above average, about 10 hours maybe. However, the scent tends to be very close-to-the-skin, and that is something I actually like. It seem to be a fall, winter scent, and should be used in special occasions; it is a perfect combination with a suit and a tie.

Unlike the other members here, I haven't tried the original one(it does seem weird, maybe) so I can't compare them, but I will eventually.

Maybe it's a little bit heavy and even offensive for some, maybe it's not suitable for a guy who is just 20 years old as I am, maybe it is not compatible with my style and clothes, but it doesn't change the fact that it is totally one of my favourites and must-haves, maybe even the favourite one. This is definitely my next buy and maybe my signature scent one day. On the scale of 1-10, i'd give it 17 if I could.

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

I was looking forward to smelling this one as the notes made it sound really exotic. I love incense and aoud and thought i would be transported on an olfactory journey to distant lands....unfortunately it smells like i have borrowed someones t-shirt that has been doing heavy labour for a few days in it. It smells of BO...not just any BO but stale BO.

BIG
BIG

Unlike the original Fahrenheit, this one is gasoline-fuel-free. The dry down is woody enriched with violet notes and a hint of aromatic (not sugary) sweetness.

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

Guys, I must confess somethinng. I am a lady and I recently bought FA - for myself :-)
This is a spicy and fiery scent which appears very unisex to me. As I also wear Black Aoud for example it was impossible for me to resist this hot temptation. I love incense and oud - how could I say no to Fahrenheit Absolute ?
Pepper right in the beginning, acompanied by lavender.Followed by incense and woods (the famous oud wood ?). Very uplifting and refreshing but never sporty.
Yes, a men´s classic on the one hand but the absolute version is much more oriental, spicier and has lots of fire. This scent almost smells "smoldering".
Well, I am no "Thierry Mugler Angel" lady and rather enjoy this first real men´s cologne in my collection :-)

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

So, I'm currently experiencing Fahrenheit Absolute in it's hottest degree. The first spray is an evening volcanic blast at Mt. Saint Helens. The intensity is like embers firing up your senses. Heated wood and burning violet incense... deep mysterious florals, and shadowy oud. Wait, what is that? Body odor? Surely its not mine. That same odd scent briefly experienced in Armani Code and HM. Will it go away, or do I just ignore this?

I've evaded the unpleasant aroma, but now after the lava in the bottle has cooled, I'm finding a very similar HM EDP quality. Of course Absolute isn't anywhere near as sweet, but richer, woodier and much darker with a dry-down nearly identical to Cartier Must for Women. I need some time to make up my mind about this one.

I wasn't sure if I sniffed the original or this version, but let me keep it simple. The scent I experienced was dry and smoky with burnt rubbery leather note. It's strong and had zero sweetness. It was definitely musculine and got even more macho when the woodsy notes came in, especially cedar. I think that's about it. I personally don't care much for it but it smells great on other people, especially for a macho man.

Vincenzo
Vincenzo

After two months that I use Absolute i can say that finally, after the bad Fahrenheit 32, Dior can places on a scene a worthy brother of the classic Fahrenheit. Fahrenheit Absolute not want to be the heir of classic Fahrenheit, but Absolute is a variant with Oriental notes / floral / woody notes.

Absolute starts with a stratospheric storm of violet, myrrh and incense. After less than an hour begins to emerge the oud and incense, the violet is still in the background. After two hours the oud decreases and woody notes, but especially incense, remains making the heart/middle notes.

After 4 to 6 hours is still a slight sense of oud and beautiful notes of oriental spices, wood and myrrh that makes the base notes.

A true masterpiece by Dior, worthy to stand alongside the classic Fahrenheit.
A scent of high rank, without doubt.

ineverwas
ineverwas

Wow, I'd definitely like to smell this one on a guy. I think it's actually a bit better than the original Fahrenheit, more oriental and mysterious but also (surprisingly so) less intense. It's a rather refined scent.

I love the rubber note, it's well blended in the composition and even though it stands out less than in the original, it has a more profound effect, on me at least.

missan

I have tested this a little. I think it´s nice, but, there is a but to me. If feels like a mix of old F. and old M7. F I don´t like and old M7 I love. So I think there it is for me, I choose M7.

ARAMIS
ARAMIS

It has many layers to my nose, firstly a lovable one, followed by Hugo Boss - like spicy notes, and lastly a dark caramel-like note. Finally this is fantastic, and the best one of the Fahrenheit group.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Has a spray of this the other day in Wigan. I think, so far, it's a fascinating frag and dark. Only tested it once but it certainly has grabbed my olfactory imagination. Want to try more..........

da_markos

After one year of having this fragrance i can say that i was wrong. First i said that it's good but won't become so classic like the oryginal. . Every time i back to this scent i always have the same feeling "wow!" maybe it's not the everyday use perfume but it's classy and has own legend. you can't mistake this scent with anything else.
This is 21'st "Fahrenheit" with as great advertisin as oryginal one.
Respect for creators and marketing ppl.

vin570
vin570

Wow! What a great scent!
I think Dior's concept of a volcano is very well represented here.
Fahrenheit Absolute starts with the eruption, very aggressive, smoky (oud) and dominating. A rude character, indeed (I love it).
After 1 hour it starts a transition to a state of floral sweetness (iris comes to my mind), very pleasant I'd say. The beast is getting calm and transforms into a really admirable smell, sculptured by the initial turbulence of the lava.
I totally agree with Maddyrain that it has the Dior Homme's drydown, very elegant.
It's an incredible and surprising metamorphosis. Just like having two great fragrances in one bottle.
Fahrenheit Absolute may become my signature scent.

Miss Guerlain
Miss Guerlain

Smells just like "casual friday" by Escada (discontinued) with a splash of the original Fahrenheit.
Note: At the store they wouldn't let me take a real sample,
only on paper.

Very sexy indeed! I wear the original Fahrenheit and the absolute at night and I wear Fahrenheit 32 during the day. You can't go wrong with any of them.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I think this is a wonderful, dark scent. Do you guys think a woman could carry it off? I'm thinking about getting myself some but my husband might think I'm crackers. Still - I could always pretend it's for him and then 'borrow' some....!

MarkZG
MarkZG

Such a good scent! I adore it because it s smells like holy water in Medieval days...

shocking! Great!

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

This is a twist on the origional fahrenheit . Bold but not as daring as its counterpart .

I still rate this as a top fragrance

M.David
M.David

The evolution of his notes is fantastic. Sillage and longevity are above average... really they are perfect!I love this stuff. Bravo Dior!!This is a masterpiece. 9.5/10 for me

behzad1280
behzad1280

Comparison to the original Fahrenheit; I have to admit this one is very better, less aggressive, more mature, less happy, more complicated, darker and mannish!
I tried it many times and I got many compliments each time. It took a year for me to get use to it and like it!
Now, this is it! I’m in!

در مقایسه با نسخه اصلی فارنهایت، این یکی خیلی بهتره. کمتر تهاجمیه، بیشتر بالغانه هست، کمتر خوشحاله، بیشتر پیچیده هست، تاریک تره و مردونه تره تا پسرونه
من بارها تستش کردم و هر بار کلی تعریف و تمجید شنیدم. یک سال طول کشید تا ازش خوشم اومد
دوام و پخش بوی خوبی داره
کریستین دیوره دیگه ناسلامتی

Cassiano
Cassiano

Absolutely fantastic!

I have always been a fan of the traditional Fahrenheit, just because it is strong, different, virile. I have never felt the gasoline or motor oil that everybody always complains about.

But this Absolute version is even better. In this, the agarwood (also known as OUD) is very well mixed, not being aggressive as I felt in Black Aoud, by Montale. The incense note helps to keep the scent exhaling during all the time. However, what conquered me was the evolved aroma, which tends to a floral-vanilla, hotter and sexier than the traditional one. As time goes by, it becomes sweet and creamy.

With no one doubt, for those who didn’t like the traditional version, this is the solution.

guest_rudy
guest_rudy

Available in Canada, only if you are getting it from duty-free stores(paid 72 USD, including taxes, for 100 ml EDT). My wife likes much more the original Fahrenheit...I like the Fahrenheit Absolute too, but it doesn't last longer on my skin, after 2-3 hours I can't even smell it on my own skin...Because it is too weak, I will stick with the original one (planning to buy 200 ml EDT). Too bad, that is so weak, I didn't expect this at all, in special after I was reading some of your reviews....

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

Fahrenheit Absolute or should we call it Dior Homme Oud Version? It has a floral note that reminds me of Dior Homme's iris, but I guess it's the violet. The oud in the beginning recalls YSL's M7, but weaker.

Not very strong on my skin as well. As an eau de toilette intense, I expected more from this.

jaguarjj
jaguarjj

i had it recently and i have to say
although the original fahrenheit was so arguable i loved it to the core and it's my favorite till this moment but i never owned it though
the absolute has a bit of the original but darker and hotter it's a real quality scent longevity is great
but i still keep my loyalty to the original

Indro
Indro

Got it ultimately,simply awesome!specially the drydown,a scent worth the buck.

DC-8
DC-8

As a fan of Agarwood scent and a Dior enthusiast, I was counting seconds to see this product in the market. So, yesterday, upon seeing it, immediately purchased a 100ml bottle of it, though might had gone for the smaller flacon, if there were any testers around. :-(

Top notes are a bit intense and spicy, but nice. The middle phase is creamy sweet leather, in a lovely way. But drydown notes are a bit intense dry woody, but yet acceptable. You can feel a touch of smoke all the way, in a perfect style.

Longevity, specially considering an ABSOLUTE version of a cologne, specially a Dior product, was a bit weak on my skin. When I wore more to make it lasting longer, the drydown notes were too much in the face that made me reluctant, if not to mention that even at home they started to complain! :-(

Experimentally, I realized that just 2 whiffs would make a very nice attractive smell. Do not wear it more or it might turn out to be unpleasant.

Conclusion: A nice and classy masculine frag. Not very romantic, but nice for special occasions. Could also be worn even for mild warm days. Humid weather could even upgrade the smell.

IMPORTANT: As many other Dior and Chanel products, it takes time till you go liking this stuff.

About 7/10... but... guess I wouldn't buy it again.

ahmed ehab
ahmed ehab

the perfume is really good :) , i really like it , im seriously considering it , but although its not in the notes , there is a very noticable vanilla in it that takes about 30 minutes then shines through !
its nice but imo will not be a classic at all but worth buying , the original fahrenhiet is in the background but this one has a new character , test it , its worth the try , and if u like it , go for it its a dior !!

bobos
bobos

i think absolute is far more olfactive & exotic than the regular one ; must try

the best fragrance i ve ever smelled sexy classic & piercing///////////////////

desmondorama
desmondorama

I love Fahrenheit; but this intense flanker is to die for!

If you love the original and comfortable trying new fragrances you have just got to try this new 'absolute' intense EDT!

The packaging and bottle are brilliant works of art and very appealing to the eye. It speaks class, sophistication and daring all in one look.

Although an extremely male-oriented fragrance, I'm sure lots of women will also love it; It's quite similar to 'Kingdom' by Alexander McQueen, but it's not for the 'girly' of girls, nor the conservative of men. It's not a youth/teen/nightclubbing scent at all so don't waste it at raves and parties or in casual/sporty/hot occasions.

In my opinion, wear it moderately to the office to impress when meeting people as it goes really well in good suit, even more for an intimate dinner date and in the bedroom - well you have to use your own judgement there.

This is a fragrance I feel very guarded about; like original KOUROS, Body KOUROS or JOOP! Pour Homme. They are intense creations so they need to be worn on the right occasions.

'Fahrenheit absolute' starts off as a darkly sweet violet, then in about a minute, the dirtiest, sexy, 'musky' scent takes over (agarwood, myrrh and incense), so incredibly intense it was enough to knock me into a hedonistic state of euphoria which left me wanting more!

Oddly enough, for such an intense fragrance, it quickly moves to another phase of 'smouldering' discretely on the skin like the hot magma it was inspired by.

The fragrant hint of original Fahrenheit lingers, but this close-to-the-skin perfume stays on for a long, long time and reminiscent of 'Eau Sauvage Extreme'.

The lasting strength is not strong, unfortunately, but I know I'm wearing it because I can smell my own skin and that's pleasure enough for me. I can absolutely guarantee that this will be a wardrobe staple for me as long as I can appreciate and still find it on the market.

erhan__
erhan__

it is absolutely nice parfume, woody and floral, it will be a classic like the first fahrenheit!!

scenturian
scenturian

It shares common base with the classic one.
This is more woody, incensy and smokey which makes it more darker and bitter.
Better than the original for sure.

savovu
savovu

Fahrenheit was my first signature scent, and I always loved it's beein special and different. Among years I have tried various Summer, 0°, Fahrenheit 32, but only the original one was the one, was untill yesterday. I have tried Absolute and now I have a new love. I reckognize myrth, incense and violet with a new warm vanilla note, truly a great scent, good job Dior.

da_markos

I'm not a fan of regular fahrenheit but i like "absolute".

My first thought - "Absolute" doesn't have those characteristic note of motor oil that "fahrenheit" does. This one is more wearable version of "fahrenheit" which means that it isn't so controversial like oryginal. I must say that "Absolute" also has it own soul. It's warm, close to the body and long lasting. I really enjoy those specially note of hot magma (incense+myrrh i think).

After wearing it for about 3 weeks i like it more and more. This one shows us that also "commercial" and "popular house" scents can be great.

It's my type for winter and fall!

guest_serap
guest_serap

I tested today aswell and I LOVE IT too good work !

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

OMG!
This is THE olfactory sensation of this year so far and arguably might be the best so far.

I have always been a fan of FAHRENHEIT, the original, that sadly has been reformulated since the LVMH group has taken over the smaller independent perfume houses.

Essentially, this is a completely NEW fragrance rather than a mere "update" of a dated original similar to the relaunch of the VW Beetle back in 1998, with the difference of this being a total winner!

The first spritz was somewhat unconvincing, just like a "new colour" you'd try in a watercolour exercise, but this stuff literally grows and reacts with your skin over a longer course of time!

Initially, you'll smell dull wood, some spicey, citrusy something but after a while the incense emerges and the final dry-down is a lovely warm, homely and sensual/ sexual vanilla, amber, musk, plum, heliotrope note that is "to die" for!! This is an absolute classic, whether you call it nouveau, retro...it definitely is an INSTANT classic and I am so over the moon!!

I have only just discovered it today in the UK in a BOOTS drug-store in London, but I will DEFINITELY add this sensational scent to my autumnal olfactory wardrobe!

THIS IS A WINNER!!

Fahrenheit Absolute by Dior 4.14 out of 5 based on 791 ratings and 153 user reviews

Christian Dior Fahrenheit Absolute Eau De Toilette Intense Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Christian Dior Fahrenheit Absolute Eau De Toilette Intense Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Fahrenheit Absolute Cologne by Christian Dior, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Perfume.com
Fahrenheit Absolute Cologne by Christian Dior - 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Fahrenheit Absolute Cologne by Christian Dior - 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
FAHRENHEIT ABSOLUTE for MEN by Christian Dior INTENSE EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
FAHRENHEIT ABSOLUTE for MEN by Christian Dior INTENSE EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Fahrenheit Absolute Cologne by Christian Dior, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Perfume.com
Fahrenheit Absolute Cologne by Christian Dior - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Fahrenheit Absolute Cologne by Christian Dior - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Christian Dior Fahrenheit Absolute Eau De Toilette Intense Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Christian Dior Fahrenheit Absolute Eau De Toilette Intense Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Fahrenheit Absolute fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Fahrenheit Absolute, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fahrenheit Absolute by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fahrenheit Absolute by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.