Designers » D E » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Higher Dior for men

Higher Dior for men
dislike

Higher Dior for men Pictures

Higher by Dior is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Higher was launched in 2001. Higher was created by Olivier Gillotin and Olivier Pescheux. Top notes are peach, basil, lemon and pear; middle notes are rosemary, spices and cypress; base notes are musk and pear wood.

Peach Basil Lemon Pear

Rhoidz

Longevity : 7/10
Sillage : 7/10
scent : 8.5/10

This is one of the earliest perfumes I had back in 2001/2002. So my review here is not very accurate because I will only write of what I can remember back in the day.

The smell is very fruity aromatic like pear-ish and lemon-ish combined in a good way. Very natural scent I would say and fresh. Kind of remind me of a fall weather, and the scent you smelled while walking in a garden full of fruits.

If you're looking for fresh smelling kind of fruity fragrance, higher dior is the one to go.

Merdogan1
Merdogan1

Bana kalsa standart süpermarket parfümlerinin kaliteli ve güzel bir versiyonu iken çevremdeki herkes için muhteşem, ferah ve güzel bir koku. Yaklaşan herkes kokuyu alıp "ay ne güzel bir parfümün var" demeye başlıyor. Klasik ve spor giyimi ayırt etmiyor. Ergen yaşlardan 40 yaşlarına kadar herkese gider. Hatta atleitik ve yakışıklı bir erkek için 45 yaşına kadar yolu var bence. Kötü yanı ise kalıcılık. Gün içinde bir kaç kez yenilemek gerekli. Yine de kokusu güzel, sevmeyeni çıkmayacak ve övgü olacağınız bir parfüm arıyorsanız öneririm. Sadece uygun fiyatta ve indirimde yakalayabilirseniz alın. Yoksa Türkiye'de pek çok kozmetik mağazasında 250-350TL arasında fiyatlar verdiklerinden o kadar parayı da vermeye değmez diye düşünüyorum.

Not : Yorumlarımı ve özel mesajlarıma cevaplarımı sadece Türkçe olarak yapacağım. Böylece yabancı dil konusunda sıkıntı yaşayan arkadaşlara gerçekten denediğim parfümlerdeki kendi görüşlerimi paylaşmayı amaçlıyorum.

periquito89
periquito89

One of the first perfumes I bought when I start this addiction (2008-2009). I didn't write a review back then because it always puzzled me. A lot of smells after and a try at the airport and now I´m using my old (age) new (because it's full) bottle. My problem was the start, this pear-green-herbal (a mix is what my nose gets) smell, proeminent, but gets soft during the long drydown which is always constant and fresh. This character I´m linking.

sameh
sameh

Good one from Dior , the peach & spices is all what i can smell but it works very good on me.
Longevity : 4 to 5 hours.
Sillage : 2 to 3 hours.
Scent : 7 /10
The only down side in my humble opinion is the bottle design it looks very cheap & plastic , it should have made from glass like Higher energy !

mikedvd5588
mikedvd5588

ini parfum aroma fruity sweet terbaik yg pernah saya cium dan tentu saja terbaik di semua koleksi full bottles scent dalam koleksi saya. perpaduan antara buah pear, lemon, serta peach yg tercampur menjadi suatu aroma yg membuat mood yg jelek menjadi baik (pengalaman pribadi :p) walaupun longevity tidak terlalu baik dengan kulit saya, tapi parfum ini memiliki sillage yg lumayan istimewa. saya sangat beruntung memiliki parfum yg sudah agak langka (bisa dikatakan) di pasaran ini, dan absolutely 9/10.

Sh_oK
Sh_oK

At first i got a sniff of it in a perfumery and i was intrigued by the smell, i liked the way it smelled, the pear was very present and nice.

I took a sample and a coupple of days later i tried it, i wore it to work.
In the first half an hour it was ok, not extraordinary but neither bad.
But after some time it appeared much too frutty and sweet. Although i don't see flowers in the breakdown, it seems flowery...
The pear was very nocticable all the time, quite pungent, which prooved to be too much for my nose. It's a very sweet pear. Almost gourmandish like.

Also it seems very feminine. Not a safe blind buy
I will pass this one.

Chyskillz
Chyskillz

I have gone trough reviews of this scent and that made me check it out myslef.

First of all, upon aplication you get fresh smell of pear, somewhat natural.Then after couple of minutes scent transforms in some transparent pear-musc combo which lasts until end.it is not bad scent by any mean but i dont see nothing spectacular in it either.

It is good for spring/summer casual everyday use.

Silage is rather weak, longevity similar to most of fresh scents.

roko
roko

First of all the bottle has changed it's design.It's all white with a silver cap on top.Very good design.

About the smell now..It's divine..Imagine a time near the sunset,walking with a summer shirt,in the small traditional streets of a greek island.Where the basils and the jasmine plants of the white houses with the blue roofs create a very romantic and unforgetable memory..

That's what higher dior is..It's excellent basil,mixed with fresh pear in Christian Dior quality!What can be better??

The sillage coulb be a bit stronger.Not too much,because i believe that a spring/summer fragrance sould't be strong sillage.

I give 10/10 smell.
6,5/10 sillage.
10/10 longevity (it lasts on the clothes and the skin almost for 24 hours/).
9/10 bottle design.

Mostafaamrzaki
Mostafaamrzaki

They Say It's Been Discontinued In Production, They Only Produce (Higher Energy) Now

jasmin5327
jasmin5327

I saw reviews on Fragrantica and went to try it out. It was meant to be a gift for a friend. It's not the traditional men's fragrance, with all the thick musk scent going on. First sprayed, the scent was fresh and light, just like after a quick shower. It can easily be accepted, even by guys who aren't familiar with fragrance. So much better than Higher Energy. But sadly the airport I was at only sold Higher Enerygy, guess I'll have to buy it for my friend somewhere else.

Bubble bath! That was the first thing this scent reminded me of...I remember trying it years ago and have been looking for it ever since. Unfortunately I can only find it at very select Dior counters and I had feared it had been discontinued but luckily I have had a chance to revisit it and I'm so glad I did.
Really fresh, amazing, musky, talcum sort of vibe quite minimalistic and very reminiscent of the recent Juliette has a gun, Anyway which I love.
Top summer juice this one might have to endulge later in the year.

usas
usas

One of my favorites.

The first time I sniffed this one I thought: "surf dude-stuff", not for me. Turns out that this is for me after all, even though I'm not a surfer. I just had to get used to it.

Fresh, aromatic fougere, original. The topnotes are quite green to me and the basenotes remind me of a fresh forest, all mossy and woody.

8,5/10

ednairon
ednairon

Hey fragrantica managers! How about change this very OLD image? So out to date package, for God sake! There's not so similar scents on Market, but I call Dior Higher the forever-young (not on a teenager way) brother of Tommy Cologne, but so much better, complex, refined, frozen-fruity-fresh scent for modern man. Well done. Excelent, exclusive, modern and not so popular scent.

SDVHC
SDVHC

I love this perfume...

frag-overdose
frag-overdose

Pear and basil combo join forces with the other aromatics making this an exceptionally comforting fragrance. The pear note smells real, it is crisp green and fresh. The basil, rosemary and cypress add up to its freshness with a lingering subtle spiciness.

gsevrain
gsevrain

Un buen perfume, para tenerlo como una opcion diferente, lo tuve hace tiempo, la mezcla citrica, frutal y amaderada lo hacen tener un aroma especial. La durabilidad es de aproximadamente 5 hs. Lo recomiendo para personas de entre 20 y 40 años. Calificacion General 5.5/10.

spcmiller

I bought this when it originally launched in 2001 when I was living in Germany. It has since been my signature scent that I wear when I'm looking to really impress whoever I'm with. I cannot express how wonderful and fruity and classic this smells. It's hands down my favorite Dior fragrance and in my top 10 list. I'm just sad that its difficult to find anymore stateside.

Marcos Oliveira
Marcos Oliveira

qualidade Dior,hipnotizante...marcante mesmo sendo sutil,aroma muito agradavel,leve e elegante,casual,classico e moderno...só poderia ser Dior e sua infinidade de perfumes bem elaborados. projeta pouco e fixa mediano é verdade,mas nao perde sua qualidade por isso.

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

A very well done fragrance with a fantastic use of basil and pear. The basil is so fresh and tingly that I totally see how this fragrance could smell reminiscent of a chlorinated pool (and I don't mean that in a negative way at all). The pear is very mellow but still fresh, and is just gorgeous against the basil. The whole fragrance smells extremely natural – not synthetic at all.

This fragrance gives off the impression of a feisty, charming, adventurous young man far back in the Middle Ages, maybe Robin Hood or Link from the Legend of Zelda. It feels perfectly appropriate for jaunting around the woods, saving princesses, and slaying goblins with your bow and arrow.

In the interest of keeping this review from getting too nerdy, I will just say that Higher is a great scent, and is a completely different kind of spring/summer fragrance for a man. The sillage and longevity are mildly disappointing, however, and this fragrance is usually overpriced due to discontinuation. Would these two negative traits be enough to dissuade you from buying and enjoying the fragrance? That's up to you...

MUST HAVE PERFUME,
I absolutely agree with @missk

This is an amazing, amazing fragrance! It's one of those Dior fragrances that are often kept in the dark. Dior Higher just needs more recognition, more fans to come forward and speak of their love for it.

Dior Higher is the scent of a sexy man. Think of a toned and tanned male swimmer; the faint smell of chlorine lingering on his skin, intermingling with the scent of his fruity hair gel and smeared sunscreen, and there you have Higher.

Pear is not a note you smell a lot of in masculine fragrances. I'm quite enjoying this unique, fruity spin on things. If I were to describe Dior Higher in fragrance terms, it's a slightly clean and fruity scent, with an odd oceanic and herbaceous approach.

When you first spray Dior Higher, you think you've got it all figured out. In the initial stages it may strike you as bland and insipid, but do wait it out. Dior Higher gets better as the fragrance progresses. It has an alluring heart of rosemary, peach, pear, cypress and basil, which can't be explained in words, it has to be smelt.

Dior Higher is really quite complex, which was not what I expected to find in such a boring bottle as this one. It's a fantastic, fresh daytime scent, which to my nose, stands out a mile from other citrus based colognes on the market today.

It's hard to categorize Dior Higher, as it is clean, aromatic, herbaceous, aquatic, fruity, citrusy and woodsy all rolled into one. I urge every man to give it a whirl, as you may be pleasantly surprised.

kaysee
kaysee

How do they do it, man? How? :))

Dior is the best. every Dior fragrance is perfect on my skin.
Higher is very fresh/sexy/playfull/fun.
I get pear a lot, which I love in the begining and it after an hour or two i get something woody.

longevity =about 6 hours on me.

itachi
itachi

its a good one, this is a nice fragrance for the summer. smells clean i get a lot of compliments with this one

guillermostf
guillermostf

first time i smelled this, i thoght of pear juice, and it's nice. after few minutes (5-10) spices and in the end, some woods. Very nice, if u see it on stores, try it.

s_raquidan
s_raquidan

the only cologne ive bought 3 times. when i was younger this was my signature scent. till this day it still amazes me and reminds me of my teenage days in high school. only of the best fruity men's cologne that is not too fruity and not too musky....just the right balance. i fucking love this one till this day.

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

I bought this way back in 2000 simply because I like the architectural design of the bottle. (Bottle? Please don't mind on my vocabulary)

The scent? Pear at its best. You could smell the pear notes along with aromatics especially basil with subtle rosemary notes. It's very fresh, light and airy. Nothing smells synthetic at all.

I dare say that Higher has the weakest silage compared to all other Dior perfumes, but it's longevity is great. It lasts for 10+hr on my skin. I have purchased another 100ml in 2012, the juice is now in a clear glass bottle, just like Higher Energy.

Migalex
Migalex

This smells very much of cypress at first, quite harshly green, but after a while, quite a longtime, it does evolve dramatically and does smell very sipcy, although by then it is much softer (less strong) than in the opening. I do not like the opening nor the first two hours more or less of it, but do find the spicy drydown quite interesting, because as for male scents I do prefer oriental and spicy scents. This scent's best quality is from my viewpoint the progression. Overall, nevertheless, it is far from being one of my favourites, and I actually do not appreciate it that much because of the green conipherous theme which does not appeal to my taste.

alfreal
alfreal

Good thing i still got a tester for this one. Classic and with Outstanding type of fragrance. The only problem is longevity maybe 2 to 4 hours and stays close to the skin. But hey, it's from the house of Christian Dior which i love the most.

storm61
storm61

One of the best ever i had in my life. I still remember a middle aged woman who was actually quite shy saying me that you smell gorgeous. Just wanted to run away from the shop.lol.

jonuiuc
jonuiuc

A light but very persistant smell. Delicate and flowery and almost too feminine to my nose now. I bought this in my twenties and it fell out of use. Not offensive since its subtle but I found since its so light it is easy to over do-it, the projection is rather good. I regifted the cologne but kept the bar soap, which is a nice change up for business suits and the like, when wearing cologne would not be appropriate.

oxm
oxm

Higher Dior perfume is a very fresh and fruity, pear on all but a good dose of citrus very energetic, captures what this fragrance is a great feeling clean, but we are still far from Prada Homme.
It also seems to capture a vague note of incense, although there is, the arc of the fragrance unfolds without major upheavals, but keeping intact its unique fresh spring between gusts of wind and the sun play hide and seek with the clouds , this fragrance can give the best average in the warm seasons and in my opinion can be worn at all times, see the stadium for an event or simply to wait in line at the Post Office.
Good, but Dior has done even better.

spcmiller

My all-time favorite scent! Got this in Germany in 2001 when it first came out and have used 6-10 bottles since. It does fade pretty quickly, but it smells amazing and I haven't had a girlfriend that didn't think it was the best stuff ever! I am sad that it is no longer made, but thanks to the wonders of the Internet, it's readily available!

sushi.jelly
sushi.jelly

A very young, sexy perfume for boy. I dont like it, but cant think of anything bad to talk about. Maybe it just doesnt suit me.

MrMookie
MrMookie

I had this one back in 2002 when it came out, i liked it a lot very fresh very balanced, sweet and flowers for a man but what i remind of it a little bit too safe on the balance, i like those scents more naughty, this one is i need to resmell... to be continued

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

Very fruity scent here , Must be the pear -Its lovely ! and very unusual in a guy's scent .It does sit close to the skin on me but I enjoy wearing this one during the summer months .Its unusual enough for people to ask 'whats that your wearing?' & for that reason I keep it in my fragrance wardrode :)

I was, quite honestly, lost in the gorgeousness that greeted my nose upon smelling this, from the sample kristo so generously sent to me! I had tried Higher Energy in a spray sample from DIOR, but it was not exactly what I was searching for, HIGHER has met and exceeded my expectations. I grew up with bartlett pears trees growing all around our house and they have a very distinct cool green woody smell, the leaves are bitter and you can almost smell when the fruits are ripe in the air; DIOR has made a truly wonderful perfume built upon a "spine" of all aspects of the pear tree (blossoms, fruit, leaves and wood)...

I like "fruity" notes in perfume; but very often they get overly "plastic" (read: fake) or entirely too sweet. DIOR Higher is a very refreshing fruity perfume FOR MEN! The opening of subtle juiciness from peaches and crisp, somewhat dry and refreshing pears with a twist of citrus is done so elegantly, and the addition of warm basil gives this that summery "leafy" sun-warmed feeling. As it dries, I swear I can smell the cascade of the white blossoms that fall like a floral snowfall in late springtime. Somehow, a sharp juniper and piney green cypress blend with hints of ever so slight spices to create something neither too green, nor too "hot" or "loud". Parfums Dior has created something at once stunning and subtle, the delightful juxtaposition of summer fruits and pungent greens with both fresh herbs and dried spices and heavenly woody notes borders on the sublime! In the ultimate drydown, the "pear tree" note shines, covered and shining with a dew of very clean and sparkling musk; as the greens and woods and fruits all settle into a perfect olfactive portrait of childhood memories, sunny spring and summer days and a line of fruit trees bathed in sunlight. The wind blows their shiny dark green leaves and makes them laugh with joy. I can almost see, in my mind's eye, suntanned young boys; hungry, but refusing to go home and give up any of summer's valuable playtime, leaning against the trunks of these trees munching on the fresh fruit...and then throwing the cores at each other, playfully, before running off to have yet another "adventure". THIS may be the very best DIOR men's release I have ever smelled!

Sillage: good then closer
Longevity: very good
Overall: 5/5 A New Favorite!!

Upon reading this perfume's "notes" list, I knew this was gonna be awesome (C'mon...it's DIOR!) but I had NO IDEA just how wonderful! Usually, I usually like darker, heavier more "rich" scents with pungency and bitterness; HIGHER is almost the antithesis of these things: subtly sweet, just fruity enough and resplendent with heavenly woods and aromatic greens and a sheer, but sensual, kiss of muskiness. On continually re-sniffing my wrist...and continuing to inhale, exhale and inhale slowly; the scent becomes something even more cool and green with an almost balsamic aroma that never gets too heavy or tiresome. I AM, without a doubt, HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOOOOOVE!!!

rafiqi
rafiqi

dior higher can be classified as happy time fragrance, casual and easy going time. this is my second bottle and i like it very much. longevity is nit a problem. 6 hours on me.and luv pear wood

K1
K1

Imagine taking a shower before you go out for evening with your friends, you need a Higher! Really pleasant sour and fresh delicious opening that transforms to herbal and gourmand in a masculine way. Second phase is sweeter and sharper but wait for its dry down and you’ll be knocked out! Absolute meaning of woody aromatic; a nice and neat divine blend of pear wood.
Higher is a comfortable perfume by all means. A refreshing refine masterpiece but not so strong to be Dior.

happychub
happychub

fresh,clean,pleasant smell,but nothing special,last few hours on my skin

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

It starts off smelling just like Tommy, and dries down smelling more like peach and lavender. The flavor and reminds me of a something my mum used as hand soap

Go by the majority vote and try it for yourself.

lakkiirfan

the perfume , one can buy blindly

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

The best fruity scent!! I like the pear smell

WH
WH

My favorite fragrance of all time, recently bought my second bottle, because it is that good. In the beginning, you can smell the pear and citrus notes, but dry down to a nice woodsy and spicy notes on the skin. great sillage, but some people find it too strong, and some of my friends complain that when i wear this, it totally overpower their colognes.

andrevarx
andrevarx

An EDT with a very pleasant smell of fine wood, quite soft and elegant aroma, middle and base notes of fresh wood.

One of those scents that are perfect for the warmer months. It is perfect for hot afternoons with flax clothes guayabera shirts. For every age range a little reminiscent of the elegance of Romance for Men by Ralph Lauren, recommended.

guest_meme33
guest_meme33

I actually think i have developed a fetish for pear fragrances. Men should at least have one 'fresh' frag. And i want at least one with pear in it. Higher made me covet and search pear perfumes. The pear and basil simply dazzles at the outset in this one. And there comes the downside... this does not last long, crescendoing into some powdery mist that has no character, sporty-ness or sensuality. I loved the top and mid notes of higher, but nothing else. Even spraying on clothes does not last long enough. So i filed for divorce and married Cerruti 'Image pour homme' instead. That also have an amazing pear swirl, with jasmine.

urobian
urobian

I love this Dior, very underrated fragance i think. light could be, but is very permanent, aromatic, natural and organic, many others fragances tried to be similar but Higher stand in other kind of line.

Minimalist fragance, lovely and unique.

ji@ninibiji
ji@ninibiji

I love it too, and I have it for 4 years,although I experience VARIOUS of the perfumes, but i come back to it,I dont think its for male , becouse when we bought it I liked the fragrance , and werent anything about men or women,my Boyfriend from 3 years ago love it and never told me this is not WOMANISH , when it remains on dress totally last the SOFT and smooth scent

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Gorgeous scent!!! Surprising for Christian Dior, he does not always hit the mark with the scents but I love this one. Very romantic, kissable, kissable scent!

xtaxcy7
xtaxcy7

Very very nice smell... i really love it ... up-2-nw, is always a MUST in my collection :)

vin570
vin570

Delicious! It's fresh, but not citrusy fragrance, which I usually dislike. In my opinion, it consists on a mix of green, woody and spicy notes. I consider it stylish and fancy, even smells expensive. A good job by Dior... I only believe it could have better longevity, but sillage is great. It's noticeable and I got compliments from wearing it.

albania9diadem
albania9diadem

At first spray all you get a syrupy pear scent. Its linear stays the same from the first spray until the drydown. It also stays very close to the skin.

debbborra
debbborra

This isn't really a men's fragrance is it?
I tried it on yesterday at a local discount shop, where it was selling cheap. The packaging didn't disclose much, and while I should have guessed from the bottle which isn't really pretty enough to be a lady's perfume bottle, that it was a men's scent, I didn't put it together.

I sprayed. It was a light and uneventful little perfume. Floral. Not a single flower listed, but it smelled like white flowers to me. The lemon and pear were certainly discernible. It finished with a light clean fragrance, not unlike a laundry detergent.

There's nothing offensive about this. I might wear it on a summer's day if I came across it - but I'm not a man, and if I were, I'd want something that smelled a bit more masculine.

guest_ulrikm
guest_ulrikm

[****--] Still one of the best of the so-called urban scents wave of the early 2000s. Opens with subtle citrus and continues into Med spices and subtle grass almost. The musk at the end is very light. Lasts ok. Also has an 'electric' ozone-like touch like Davidoff Echo, in my opinion, although much lighter. This gives Higher a schizophrenic character between urban electric and outdoor greenish that actually works. Outstanding design.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

I once dated a man who wore this and it was so sexy on him. I absolutely love the smell of a man who wears this fragrance.

Higher by Dior 4.02 out of 5 based on 370 ratings and 54 user reviews

Higher Cologne by Christian Dior - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Higher Cologne by Christian Dior - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
HIGHER for MEN by Christian Dior EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
HIGHER for MEN by Christian Dior EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Higher fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Higher, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Higher by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Higher by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.