Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete Dior for women

Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete Dior for women
dislike

Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete Dior for women Pictures Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete Dior for women Pictures

Perhaps the most famous fragrance line from Dior, Poison Collection, has been expended by another edition of its Hypnotic branch. The original Hypnotic Poison was introduced in 1998; Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle version saw the light of day in 2010 and now we have Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete coming out in January 2013.

Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete, like every scent of this collection, smells of fatal attraction, extreme sensuality and seduction. The new version refrains from vulgarity and advocates a more subtle approach though.

Elegant, oriental as well as fresh, it begins with citrus burst of Sicilian mandarin, orange and Calabria bergamot. Its heart is dominated by intense accord of Sambac jasmine mixed with Tunisian neroli. The base features distinctive vanilla aroma, which is the signature of Hypnotic Poison collection. Francois Demachy signs the composition.

The face of the campaign shot by Steven Meisel is French actress Melanie Laurent. The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Sicilian Mandarin Calabrian bergamot Italian Orange

Jasmine Sambac Tunisian Neroli

Vanilla

Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle

Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete Fragrance Reviews

Aline Ribeiro
Aline Ribeiro

It's a watered down fruity version of the tradicional Hypnotic Poison. I hated.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Very warm and sensual, just lacks the hypnotic knockout punch of the edp, surprisingly light considering it's poison.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Like this better than the original. No gross musk, almond or sandalwood.

xclairabellax
xclairabellax

I actually really like this, I`m suprised actually.

Reading the reviews on here I expected a weak rotten smell that was an insult to its predecessors!

However, this is just what I needed it to be...I long for Hypnotic poison EDT but find it too bitter on my skin, I ADORE the EDP with a passion and could bathe in it.... and the eau sensuelle, I like on paper but its too harsh on my senses to actually wear.

So.. this is perfect for me. I get a taste of what my senses are desperate to enjoy, but alas and tragically cannot.

Its a fresher and kinder Hypnotic poison, but not to be dismissed or underestimated. It will still draw in it`s victims - they just wont know it!

karlee79
karlee79

omg this is soooo gorgeous! It's intoxicating. I reminds me of pipe tobacco. I also reminds me of Alien Liquor but way sweeter and not so potent. it's way better than the original, it's the only one thay truly smells the same yet completley different.I find the original is dry and sharp almost peppery. This is juicy, it has more body and has this distinctive smell that you get a whiff of every now and again days and days after you spray on your coat. Easily a perfume one can make a signature and people will know that's your smell. Just incredible.

byrum.tzn
byrum.tzn

This is how you butcher a perfume, this perfume absolutely desecrates the original and eau sensuelle, what dior was thinking i don't know releasing this weak, pathetically manufactured piece of trash for the public its a disgrace, I tested it on paper the other day and it smells like cats piss and that's putting it nicely. if they replace eau sensuelle with this i have lost all hope in dior, thank the heavens we have hypnotic poison (original) in eau de parfum now is all i can say, its my new favorite, but this certainly doesn't cut it! get rid of it dior, your better then this! luckily i still see eau sensuelle around in my fenwick department store so i think its just more exclusive now, i hope they don't get rid of it.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

Ugggh, how disappointing! I am absolutely in LOVE with both HP and HP eau sensuelle, but this one is just bad in comparison. I mean they basically took HP eau sensuelle, watered it down, added citrus, and poof! HP Eau Secrete was born. I think if I had never tried Eau Sensuelle, I would love this, but since I am so smitten with eau sensuelle, I couldn't imagine assaulting it like this. I sprayed on basically my entire manufacturer spray sample and I can barely even detect it even when I smash my nose into my wrist. Sorry, but this is a no go for me, which sucks since I am in LOVE with all the poisons, and especially the HPs. The longevity and sillage are extremely poor with this scent.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This is the only one of the Poison or Hypnotic Poison flankers that I have been able to wear thus far in my exploration of this line. Eau Secrete is a real beauty, as others have said. Well blended with gorgeous fruity floral notes. The orange and citrus notes with the neroli blossoms and jasmine give a beautiful soft aura to the fragrance. I feel like I can smell rose in this juice- I definitely think it's there.

I love the way it dries down with the vanilla, gorgeous florals and some wood notes remaining for hours. I will definitely wear this one and I'm ordering a back-up bottle. Something about it reminds me a bit of Cartier's Baiser du Dragon- it's more the sensibility of the perfume and the "feel" of it than the notes. Both are stunning.

It turns into a very elegant floral vanilla. It isn't a cheap vanilla body spray vanilla or a cigar-ish smoky vanilla, or even a baking vanilla - but a deeper, soulful, exotic vanilla. It is mature but not matronly. There is a sweetness but not sickeningly so. It isn't very strong; someone standing within arm's length will be able to detect it, but it won't infiltrate a room or even be the kind of perfume that leaves a trail as you walk (when applied to the neck and wrists, that is). It lasts forever. Sprayed it on in the morning after my shower, came home from work, went through my evening routine, went to bed and it was still on my wrists the next morning. This was amazing considering most perfumes, even high-end brands like Chanel, melt away on me in a few hours. One thing to note: on me, it STARTS out a little powdery (most other perfumes I've tried turn powdery after some drying time). I don't like really powdery perfumes, but thankfully the powder is barely noticeable after a few minutes - perhaps the citrus helps cut through it. If you have a hard time finding perfumes that last on you and enjoy vanilla bases, it's nice enough and lasts long enough to perhaps invest in a bottle, or at least sample it.

bronstein
bronstein

This one is very similar to the standard Hypnotic Poison; maybe less almond, more sugar. Not really necessary, but also not a failure. It's obviously a try to get those who already own the whole Poison product range to buy yet another bottle.

smellME
smellME

A fresh lighter easier to wear take on the original HP.
The essence is fresher feather light and has an aura of the vanille capturing you like beeing wrapped up in a soft warm cosy blanket.
This is to be worn whenever you wan't as it wears light and close to you.
No sharp edges , or morphing into something you do'n't want it to be....
This is my best Poison ever .

vesna
vesna

I adore Hypnotic Poison’s divine vanilla-almond-coconut-sandal velvety aura but cannot wear it since it’s too intensive for me, not to say suffocating. And finally I found Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete - very pleasant and sublime in all its phases from the top notes to dry down, even though not so complex as HP. No note is loud or boring. Its beauty is in the perfectly balanced vanilla with orange/mandarin and jasmine. It stays close to the skin and gives feeling of warmth. Its longevity is moderate, so this could have been better as expected from Dior. Anyway, if you like whispering perfume, test it. It is simply lovely.

Dior's Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete is yet another flanker from the ever popular Hypnotic Poison series, first released way back in 1998. I am one of those unfortunate people that struggle to wear the original Hypnotic Poison. It's not the nicest scent on my skin; usually a mixture of play-doh and cake batter. However I have not given up hope, and will continue to test its flankers until I find a Hypnotic Poison that works for me.

Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete is surprisingly subdued, a softer scent when compared to its predecessors. Vanilla is still a dominant presence in this flanker, however the gourmand element appears to have been cast aside.

This flanker is a delicate, somewhat powdery blend of vanilla, jasmine and citrus, (a lot less complex than the original). It could be considered a warm weather alternative, or just a less intense take on the distinctive Hypnotic Poison.

In all honesty, whilst Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete wears better on me than the original, I find the vanilla note a little bland and flat in this flanker. It seems to have lost a lot of its seductive charm.

The longevity is fairly impressive, however the sillage tends to be rather intimate on the skin. Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete is definitely worth testing, although I'm not sure how long it will last on the shelves. I get the impression that this is just another limited edition.

sistercurare
sistercurare

I have honestly tried to love HP. I adore it from the bottle but when on me I get splitting migraines. So I was presented with this one, and here is my idea. It is a comfort perfue, much easier to wear than HP. It has no almond, more citrus, less vanilla. If you love the original and can stand wearing it at broad daylight, DON'T buy it. I bet you will be disappointed. I bought and people compliment me, but hey, I NEVER could pull this perfume through during the day or in the hot , sunny weather of Greece.
Yet, this is strong and long lasting, but if you are a repaet HP customer, stick to it, don't buy this one. Just my idea

A lovely sister to the original Hypnotic Poison. A little bit softer but with the warm Vanilla all thru the pyramid. The flowernotes are a bit sweeter. A lot like the original Hypnotic Poison in my opinion but a bit more modern.

En ljuvlig syster till originalet Hypnotic Poison. Lite mjukare, varmare och lite "lättare" men med samma vaniljton rakt igenom pyramiden. Blomnoterna är lite sötare. Väldigt lik originalet Hypnotic Poison men lite mer modern.

prousou
prousou

Love, love, love it. Smells wonderfull!!!! I can' t stop smelling it!!

jennifer.herndon
jennifer.herndon

Finally, a Poison I can handle! As much as I have liked some of the other Poison lines, they have always been too strong for me. Like, headache inducing level of strong. I'll still have to use a light touch with this one, but it's definitely wearable.

My only issue is that the sweet vanilla and flowers are cut a bit by the orange, which lends a slightly odd tang on my skin. I'll have to see how it mellows out in time, otherwise that tang might still kill it for me.

xrayer
xrayer

Today I went in to town to try J'adore and also tried a spray of this on my other arm. I am captivated by the deliciousness of this perfume, yes it was citrusy for a moment but has quickly morphed into a gorgeous warm orange vanilla dry down. I do sense some similarity with my HP Sensuelle but in all honestly this is much easier to wear and I would feel more than comfortable wearing this in the daytime whereas HP Sensuelle is more suited to evening. It is lighter than the original but still has great longevity and just a whisper of sillage which is perfect for me.

insolence
insolence

I like it soo much. Its opening is absolutely beautiful and it could be my favorite perfume, if i could smell the drydown. The scent just disappears after an hour. On my hair though, it lasted several hours and smelled just like original HP.

HP still smells very grown up and I don't think I should wear something like this in my late twenties. Generally I like rich french scents (Annick Goutal, Serge Lutens etc), but all Hypnotic Poisons feel way too exquisite. Maybe I will get 30 ml bottle of HP for those special evenings and fashion events, but for regular evening toilette I would still prefer to wear something like Dior Addict...

Shwets
Shwets

Love this! The sensuelle was too strong on jasmine and went sour on my skin. Imagine that is softened and Eau Secret is so much softer, prettier and delicate. Sillage is low to medium but appears to last long.

This is my fav of the hypnotic range.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

This is nice, but nothing special. It is like a slightly watered down version of Valentina Assoluto. It's quiet, sweet and comfy. Kind of that fabric softener feel to it. Not worth the price though given the lack of originality.

hermyonee
hermyonee

didn't believe Dior could do even worse that Eau Sensuelle, after they already screwed the original HP version by reformulating it several times... yet guys they did it, great job... :p a watery, tasteless, ordinary vanilla with some orange blossom and a light jasmine note it's all what's left form the masterpiece that was the true HP, the one i loved as my signature fragrance for 10 years! RIP ...
THis is just one more vanillish-floral-fruity quite cheap girly mainstream! nothing better that any celeb' frag', not worth the price tag for sure.

Germany
Germany

I love this one!!! To sum it up its a sweet citrusy vanilla scent. Same family as manifesto I would group those two together. Citrus , warm , classy , elegant, grown up jasmine, vanilla scent. Quite gorgeous and definitely one of my favorites that I would never want to miss!

chain
chain

I considered getting these since l love the old HP however can not recognize it any more due to the reformulation of Hypnotic Poison, tested it yesterday verdict:In the beginning this smells like HP just fruity,however it lacks character sprayed it and could not smell a thing after few minutes ,l kept sniffing the sprayed point,in my desire to invoke the usual classical HP smell but hell no this is softer than a body mist if u want HP please get the reformulated one rather than Le Secret(just saying)

Ariesboy
Ariesboy

I was disappointed by this.
Not happy with this fragrance at all. Does not last long on the skin either

Opaque and transparent compared to the original.
Instead of investing all of their money into creating mediocre Hypnotic Poison flankers, DIOR should focus on salvaging their beautiful daughter Midnight Poison who is been taken from us as we speak. She is slowly disappearing from the shelves and punished into discontinuation.

darksome
darksome

EDIT!!!:
I didn't know, but I my review was for Eau Sensuelle, not Secrete! I edited that. Well now I understand why so many prefer Sensuelle before Secrete. Secrete is less sweet, fresher and just an half of an hour and "puff" it's gone.

Just pick Eau Sensuelle, if you want something with an aura of the original Hypnotic Poison, but with a more sophisticated feel.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I like this "lighter" version so much better than the original. I wanted to love the original Hypnotic Poison but when I wore it, it literally made me feel sick to my stomach and gave me headaches. There was something in it that was overpowering and heavy causing it to be too much for my nose to handle. With the Eau Secrete version, it still has the same feel as the original but just lighter, fresher and easier for me to wear. I like the vanilla and citrus in this one and I am not missing that almond note the original has at all. I'm thrilled to finally find a Hypnotic Poison version that I love and can wear all year around!

Anup
Anup

Very different from it's mother. The only thing shared between them (to my nose) being jasmine and vanilla, but the vanilla in this is different as well.

The opening heralds in a nearly vibrating accord of citrus-zests (albeit synthetic) along side a larger than life bergamot (think Shalimar). The opening also has some aniseed behaviors and the citrus-y notes come off very "Chanel" in presentation.
Moving into the middlenotes, I am astounded. I can actually detect both jasmine AND neroli. The jasmine used in this fragrance reminds me of the sambac used in the Alien "aqua chic" not the same as the jasmine used in the orignal Alien. Now that I mention it, this jasmine note bears a lot of similarities to the original Hypnotic poison in the way that the jasmine is sort of this portal into the "pool" that is the basenotes. This transitionary note, I like and enjoy very much. The neroli "orange blossom" in this case is merely there to provide some agressive powdery lift to the composition. Now on to the base notes, or the base "accord" as I would put it, thats the way it comes off in this scent anyways. Much like the original the base notes aren't separated but just hang there (albeit light in this fragrance) like a amorphous haze. I get a neutered vanilla note smeared against a grainy yet smooth woody/white musk. (think Mon Jasmine Noir) Overall the base isn't disappointing which is good seeing as that's what you're going to be stuck with for a good 70% of this fragrances life on the skin. It isn't foody like Hypnotic poison is, but it still retains a good bit of sweetness without becoming obnoxious. It doesn't last long nor does it project outward in the dry cooler months, but in warmer weather this is a beauty. I am convinced that's what Dior was aiming to accomplish with this fragrance. Marketing Hypnotic poison as a summer fragrance. I couldn't be happier.

calaira.maria
calaira.maria

I've made one conclusion due to Hypnotic Poison versions - every next one is just more diluted original HP. They just loose some vanilla and sweetness, become lighter, but they're still the same HP, only a little blured. It's like an old photography that looses colours, sharpness and the soul. I have the old version of original Hypnotic Poison and it's the only one that I like.

agnes.marti2
agnes.marti2

IMO: it was my first test on my skin. I think it’s the original HP base, and the New Addict mix. I love the original HP, but a bit bored of it. The New Addict right now is my new love. So I will test it again, but I think it’s a very good combination. I like it!

Marangoni
Marangoni

This is sooo far from the original, how could they even call it Hypnotic Poison? Not an ounce of the magic. Can't even call it a perfume, it doesn't even stick to the paper I tested it on, and disappeared from my skin within minutes. Hypnotic Poison is not meant to be invisible, this one definitely is. How long do we have to stand Mr.Demachy ruining all those gorgeous classics such as Fahrenheit and Hypnotic Poison? Dior, please stop that madness.

iremz
iremz

i tried today. i think it s same with original one. They added just fresh citrus notes and remove heavy almondy,vanilla notes.

napiergirl

I have been wearing this for a week now and although I expected the original to be in this just a little , and also expected something different from the listed notes ...without the expectations , with a totally open mind I find this a beautiful perfume .Consider it a light oriental .Wearable during the the day , without being too safe , nor too sexy ...but it does have sexy going on ..all the poisons do .My nose smells all kind of notes not listed so I would suggest this would be 100% worth trying as long as you dont over think it and guess what it will be like ..try it without with a open mind and heart and you will fall in love with it as I have.

napiergirl

This on me smells mainly of ylang ylang and lily...Am I the only one who gets a ylang ylang vibe going on with this ?Nice and decent staying power ,but not what i expected ...and ylang ylang and lily are not even in this .??

Annah7
Annah7

Beautiful fragrance, good lasting power. I noticed, however, that just after 10 minutes it turns into a copy of Laura Biagiotti Roma! I have and love Roma and was hoping for something different..

1Tanya
1Tanya

I like the original and the Eau Sensuelle version is one of my absolute favorites. I was expecting another great Poison fragrance by Dior and I must say that now I am very disappointed. I have tried this perfume 2 times, because I just couldn't believe that it's not good at all. It smells like Eau Sensuelle, but simplified (or rather overpowered) by 4 tons of vanilla. Staying power is very weak, unlike it's predecessors. All I get is a lot of unappealing synthetic sweet vanilla. If you like this perfume, I suggest you try Eau Sensuelle, because you will get much more quality for the money. It's even the same damn bottle but more stretched. I don't understand why Dior has made this fragrance in the first place. I guess they will sell us anything with a new advert nowadays.

Kazorwaman
Kazorwaman

I am not quite agree with "CIOGHIUZEL".
This perfume is NOT supposed to be like original one: Poison. "Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete" is a lighter/different version of the original one.
I am not a fan of vanilla, but this one has captivated me with its freshness, being alittle bit sour and some notes of masculinity at the drydown - around 6 houres after test! You say this parfume dosn`n last long?
You won`t get a sillage from this one, but the one who gets close enough to you will feel/smell the parfume without being saffocated.
One really should try "Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete" to decide if it is your kind of parfume.

suesue
suesue

I hate original HP, but i really like HP eau sensuelle. Tried this one today, i really liked the opening. But - whats left after 1 oder 2 hours? Something really cheap-smelling, really synthetical... Smells like any cheap drugstore-perfume. :( Not worth calling it HP.. Sad.

CIOGHIUZEL
CIOGHIUZEL

1:Bottle looks amazing
2:Fragrance inside: R u fo real? It s not even close to the original,I m smelling it on my hand right now...sour vanilla!!!
3:Stick to the original guys
It s my scent for 10 years now when Monica comes out that door "hold the f*****g phone"

Migalex
Migalex

Because I do not like the original hypnotic poison at all, I do like the opening of this one better, because it mixes citrus with the base of the original one, which for a while I find quite pleasant. After one hour or so, it starts smelling practically like the original one, although much fainter. It is very weak, staying power is quite poor, and silage is none. I cannot believe it does not have almond note in it because after the opning it smells very similar to the original, although softer. I would say id does have less almond in fact, compared to the amount of vanilla, but I think it is still there or at least a similar effect.

Evengelia
Evengelia

This is like a blast of original poison with a delicious punchy zest of citrus along with it...i do miss the creaminess though that you get from the almonds in the original juice.

The powder is really strong and the top notes are by far the lovliest things about it. Im smelling my wrist as i write this which i blasted with a very generous sample i was gifted last week by the counter girl.

It really lacks the vanilla smoothness that i was expecting, to me, the vanilla is original HP is a special, far more superior vanilla than the regular candy smelling rubbish out there...i feel like the signature vanilla is replaced by the powder. But of course, this is nothing like original HP. So good for you Dior :)

I cant get over the powder. It is, to me, the strongest note. I lose all the citrus after 30 seconds on my skin.

To me this is so different from HP, i could possibly be a distant cousin. It could just be called Eau Secrete by Dior and have nothing to do with Hypnotic Poison and no one would ever think it to be related.

Its lovely yes...its punchy and soft and sweet and powdery at the same time. I wish there was more citrus and less powder though.

jchaddad
jchaddad

The first burst is great, I appreciate the citrus, but after 30 minutes to an hour, it dries down to smell exactly like the original Hypnotic Poison and the citrus pretty much vanishes off my radar. Unless you're a huge citrus/vanilla collector, you might as well just invest in the original hypnotic poison.

RyanLovesFragrances
RyanLovesFragrances

I was so happy to finally see this at one of my local Dior counters. It had its own little shelf behind the counter since it's so new. The lady sprayed it on a card for me and I was immediately pleased by the scent. It's a warm, citrusy floral with an extreme sensual feel. I still picked up on an almond note like in the original, even though it is not listed. I could not stop sniffing this one! I enjoyed the transition from refreshing mandarin orange to warm & sensual vanilla. To sum it up, I'd say that Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete is a mature, classy & elegant fragrance that oozes fresh citrus juices and oriental, warm vanilla. All tied together in a simply beautiful bottle.

Red Rose
Red Rose

Just tried this & it smells so citrusy in the first opening & the dry down is vanillic, I think it's similar to the previous one from the same collection.

vdxl
vdxl

Great bottle, interesting top notes, but dull candy like vanilla notes. Not like hypnotic poison or hypnotic poison sensuelle: this is like a candy version of the original one. Made for teens. Mismarketed? yes...Fruity floral vanilla? Definitely... If only it kept the beginning, it would have been a marvelous unisex creation. If you want a fresher Hypnotic Poison ( same VIBE, not fragrance), even if you are a woman, why not trying the orange blossom-violet-suede like Aqua Fahrenheit?

po
po

I can't really see many similarities with other HPs.
Nevertheless it's easy to like this fragrance, there isn't much complexity going on.
It's a soft, creamy vanilla with fresh bergamot and the shy presence of jasmine. Certainly very wearable.
Starts fruitier and goes on sweeter as time goes by, but it will not end up cloying.
Doesn't project much, though. If I received it as a gift I would use it happily but won't rush to buy a bottle myself.
I suppose it will be a hit for the upcoming spring/ summer but don't think it's a potential classic...

The top notes are an energetic burst of citrus , a bit bitter, I thought oh oh I don't like that but it is gone real fast and then the Eau Sensuelle character appears in Eau Secrete, the neroli and vanilla give it a gourmand accord almost almondish, this is really pretty, and yes not heady .his isn't oldish at all, just stylish and high class . I didn't quite like Eau Sensuelle it didn't do much for me , I like Eau Secrete better although it is lighter , but in a smooth creamy way so I don't mind. Eau Secrete is to me the most wearable HP .
Lovely.

pukkolandia
pukkolandia

Nothing new, original or special here. Always the same idea of old family. Probably my grandma could love it. Old generation smell.

RedLady
RedLady

HP Eau Secrete is definitely the weaker sister of HP Eau Sensuelle (which I love).
When I wear Eau Sensuelle, people smell me coming a mile off - in a good way. The sillage on that one is brilliant. It is also lasts a good 8 hours on me.

Eau Secrete, for some reason has virtually no sillage at all! Which is weird cos I thought "How different could they possibly be?" But they are! Eau Secrete sticks very, very close to the skin.

Sorry Eau Secrete, staying loyal to Eau Sensuelle.

Evangeline Caridad
Evangeline Caridad

I felt in love with this perfume, Not overpowering subtle gentle smell without putting more. It stays 6 hours for me. I love the gorgeous red bottle. The same like my Red Lipstick. The price is so exorbitant. Well, The Price goes with quality. I love the smell of it. My Friends says, It for evening wear. I don't mind what they say. I will wear it anyway, Morning or Evening wear.doesn't matter to me.- I make myself happy. I am not pleasing others but Myself indeed.

ruski-lady
ruski-lady

I tried this on my skin today. I like it but my unrefined nose can't really tell much difference between this and eau sensuelle? They both seem to fulfill a similar purpose - a lighter, perhaps more wearable version of the original. The original will always be a classic and it's potency is amazing however this is a nice alternative when you don't wish to blow everyone away with your scent. I can't see a reason why you would have both eau sensuelle and this one though.

HLVTCA09
HLVTCA09

Very disappointed :( i LOVE all the hypnotic poisons but this doesn't deserve being in the same family. it first smells like lemon-cookie dough... then it dries down to something that might have been HP a long time ago... it lasted a little more than an hour on my skin.

auroramaria

I've actually tried this today, was really looking forward to it but this scent lasts less than a body mist!
The actual scent is really lovely, it is basically a fresher version of HP still retainig its beautiful vanilla dry down, although at some point I perceived a note very similar to Diptyque Philosikos'fig (no fig in the composition I know) and Sambac jasmine all the way.
Very attractive fragrance, while it lasts, but longevity is nil so sadly I'll have to pass.

auroramaria

Do you guys know if this new scent has matching body products?

mich19
mich19

I have been dying to try this & was sooooo excited when I saw it today in myer (for those Aussies who are interested, it was $170 for the 100ml & $125 for the 50ml). I am obsessed with the original hypnotic poison & I love eau sensulle too, so I had high hopes for this one. I must mention that I personally like heavier fragrances & am so disapointed that this one is not.

There is no doubt that this fragrance is definitely gorgeous. On first spray, it opens with a burst of citrus & then shortly after the florals come out. Within half an hour, the beautiful, distinctive, creamy vanilla aroma that we all know from hypnotic poison becomes evident and it's divine! However, this fragrance it is much fresher, lighter & more subtle than the other hypnotic poisons. It certainly has staying power ( I sprayed about 6 sprays & it lasted 6-8 hours on my skin) but the sillage is weak. On me i find the other hypnotic poisons have enormous sillage.

When I first saw the bottle at the counter, I was convinced I'd be buying a bottle immediately. However, I ended up walking away without one. I was really suprised that I was able to do this, but I really would prefer to wear a perfume that others can smell on me. All throughout the day I constantly asked my husband if he could smell it on me & he couldn't unless he put my wrist right up to his nose. He said to me, "what's the point of buying it when you have to put your nose on your skin to smell it?". I agree & although I desperately want to go back to the shops tomorrow to get some (just because it is so divine) I will have to control myself, as I know I'll be upset with its sillage.

For those of you who do like hypnotic poison but think it is too strong & you are looking for something lighter & more subtle, I'm sure you'll love this one.

It really is a stunning, smooth fragrance, just not strong enough for me personally. If it were stronger, I'd have bought it in a heartbeat.

Eurochic
Eurochic

I so agree with kitten_steele.
These kind of comments are to be written on the perfume's release page, not on the review page. I expect reviews here, helpful reviews. Not the useless "wow, interesting!" or "my mom wears this" type of review.
I will delete this, after everyone else has deleted their comments too.
Again, please learn about the Fragrantica site: if you go to the news page, look for the perfume you want to read about, find the article that talks about the release etc, and there is the place to write these kind of comments that are not reviews.

Londonchick
Londonchick

Interstingly the advertising says its " less vulgar more subtle" - the original wasn't exactly vulgar, perhaps a little heady and dated now but I doubt it's original fans, and possibly target audience are looking for 'subtle' !!!!
Notes look simple yet good I look forward to a sniff.

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

Someone loves this without having smelled it(since it's not out yet)?? Or has this person got a sample? In that case, why not write a review about it for us curious people.

the_spiral
the_spiral

SO excited to hear about this! I wore the original HP for years and then it suddenly turned "weird" on me (maybe my body chemistry changed?), and I've been wearing HP Eau Sensuelle ever since. I will be getting this as soon as it's available and posting a (hopefully positive) review. I'm a bit cautious about the increased citrus notes and lack of almond, but to be honest I'm in love with this whole fragrance family! So I'll give it a generous chance.

Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete by Dior 3.80 out of 5 based on 255 ratings and 59 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hypnotic Poison Eau Secrete by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.