Designers » D E » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Hypnotic Poison Extrait de Parfum Dior for women

Hypnotic Poison Extrait de Parfum Dior for women
dislike

Hypnotic Poison Extrait de Parfum is a more concentrated and more intensive version of the Dior Hypnotic Poison fragrance from 1998. Francois Demanchy reinterprets the original composition by Annick Menardo with notes of vanilla, May rose, Sambac jasmine and orange blossom. It is available as perfume extract in bottles of 7.5 ml. Hypnotic Poison Extrait de Parfum was launched during the 2000's. Hypnotic Poison Extrait de Parfum was created by Annick Menardo and Francois Demachy.

Jasmine African Orange flower

Fiore del Dragone

Hypnotic Poison Extrait de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

Jonni51
Jonni51

Truly the most spellbinding version of the entire Hypnotic Poison branch.
This is some intoxicating stuff!

Hypnotic Poison Extrait literally smells like bananas soaked in Jägermeister.
This is how "the red poison" is supposed to smell like in any form to my nose, it is the genuine soul of Hypnotic Poison, a more amped up version of the existing EDT!

The notes pyramid does not do this powerful extrait any justice.
What I smell in Hypnotic Poison extrait is bittersweet, black liquorice (anise), ripe bananas, plums, and apricots, almond, coconut and a salty, almost buttery vanilla,(Caramel).
In the background I pick up a kind of musky wood accord and whispers of narcotic jasmine and tuberose petals.

I bought a bottle of the original EDT a couple of years ago before any major reformulation which smelled very similar to this, only a bit softer.
However, the latest EDT while similar, does unfortunately seem to be a bit watered down, to me at least.
It smells pretty much the same as the old one the first five minutes, however, it quikly dries down to nothing more than a powdery, soft vanilla shadow of it's former voluptuous self.
Every time I put it on I end up feeling disappointed and like somethings missing somehow.

Now, this extrait version on the other hand is some powerful stuff.
It's magnetic, luscious and extremely deep and sensual.
Hypnotic Poison's black magic is back!
Finally an interpretation of Hypnotic Poison that truly manages to live up to it's name!

LuLuGoes
LuLuGoes

Very strong and elegant version of Hypnotic Poison. I know this is very hard to find. The last time I saw it online, it was on a European Sephora site in a quarter-ounce bottle.

HP Extrait is sweet, sophisticated, and divine. I think you get more true rose in this parfum version. It blooms from the center of the vanilla with a velvety richness. This is ultra feminine.

I normally prefer a spray, but when a fragrance is this concentrated, I could use it in a dauber/open flacon.

khatsar
khatsar

I prefer this version of Hypnotic Poison to the EDT/EDP I've sampled in stores. It's deeper but retains HP's signature addictive quality. HP Extrait just smells like an amazing night out to me. I think about walking back to the car after dancing the night away at a glitzy winter party, how the delicious vanilla and rose notes of womens' perfumes mingle in the crisp, still air as guests don their coats and say their goodbyes.

The vanilla in this iteration is folded more seamlessly into the florals so it's less sweet than the EDT/EDP, and I don't get that phantom coconut frosting note either. The jasmine and rose add dimension and a hint of chilly, soapy bitterness that freshens the scent and keeps the vanilla from feeling sticky. There is almost a hint of sassafras here as well, a mintiness that never becomes straight-up root beer float, but is delectable nonetheless. The contrast of sweet and bitter fresh notes is truly intoxicating.

On my skin, Hypnotic Poison has good longevity and lasts about 24 hours-- I can even smell it in the steam of my shower the next day. I've gotten compliments hours after application, which is rare for me, as fragrances tend to wear closer to my skin. I can't imagine it becoming really cloying unless you are dousing yourself in the stuff. This is the perfect winter fragrance, as it wafts lightly when I lean in for a hug or adjust my scarf but doesn't project too terribly far otherwise. And men love it, which goes without saying. Hypnotic indeed.

born for shalimar
born for shalimar

hello there .any suggestions where i can buy this perfume, many thanks

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

Germany:
This is the information i got when googled:
"Released in the year 1998, apparently still in production"

hermyonee
hermyonee

for those who like HP but want something similar but less sweet, try Confetto by Pro Fumum Roma; very similar, but a bit understated comapred to HP, the bitter almond note is lighter and it isn't that sweet.

freddinos
freddinos

My precious arrived today. I believe I have never spent *that* much money for 7.5mls of perfume, but I decided to splurge as I am a Hypnotic Poison lover and wanted to have it in all its forms (talk about obsessed!)
How does it smell? Imagine a Hypnotic Poison that is not for the masses. That is not sought after by thousands of women and you will not smell it on your co-worker, on a random woman on the train or read thousands reviews about it. Le Parfum is less sweet, but still keeps the Hypnotic Poison character. In the opening I can detect a slightly green note (rose?) that fades and gives way to a citrusy accord, always blended with the well known HP mystery. The drydown is soft, feminine and maybe not as spectacular as I would wanted it to be. I will treasure my small (and very elegant looking I must add) bottle of HP Pure Parfum. I will layer it with the other versions, or wear alone whenever I want to both smell like wearing HP and stand out from the crowd:)

Edit: longevity is very dissappointing, a mere 2 hours on my skin

gretavivante
gretavivante

WHERE do I buy this????????? Even Dior boutique on Rodeo dr doesn't have it!!! =((( I WANT IT REALLY BADDDD!!!!

AddictedToLife
AddictedToLife

I never saw it in stores, even online stores, i want to try it really bad :)

mediterranean
mediterranean

This is my Halloween perfume. It has everything you need for a dark stormy creepy night. It is seductive and obscure like a vampire seeking for your blood. When the witches come out looking for fun, when you are watching a horror movie near your sweet heart eating sweeties ,I always reach for this one. A winner!

stela.murati
stela.murati

You may try Midnight Poison, if you like a more masculine scent, Albvision. Of course, if you want to stick to Dior Poisons :-)

vdxl
vdxl

I have a 30 ml tester of this one, and, yes it is nice and also masculine( but less than the edt). It is good, but the EDT from Annick Menardo is better. Francois Demachy had to change the formula, because he cannot accept that the other noses can do better than him. Also, he does not understand that Dior is not Chanel: why to chanelize all the diors: homme, miss dior cherie and hypnotic poison? The answer: stupid ego.

azizaworld
azizaworld

I'm a big fan of the Poison collection! It stays on all day but the price kills me. :(

Wauw Mad-Lainey, get your wallet because this will be costing you some!!!
;-)

Hypnotic Poison Extrait de Parfum by Dior 4.38 out of 5 based on 82 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Hypnotic Poison Extrait de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Hypnotic Poison Extrait de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hypnotic Poison Extrait de Parfum by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hypnotic Poison Extrait de Parfum by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.