Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

dislike

tuberose
yellow floral
J`Adore L`Absolu Dior for women Pictures

J`Adore L`Absolu by Dior is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. J`Adore L`Absolu was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy. Top note is ylang-ylang; middle notes are tuberose, jasmine and rose; base notes are fruity notes, musk and woodsy notes.

Ylang-Ylang

Tuberose Jasmine Rose

Fruity Notes Musk Woodsy Notes

J`adore

J`Adore L`Absolu Fragrance Reviews

jessbug
jessbug

J'adore L'absolu is a flanker, but at least it really does feel like an 'absolu' version of its original.

Like many reviewers before me have mentioned, this is a pure floral. No recognizable fruity notes at all, unlike with the original J'adore. It is very obviously related to the original and if I smelled this on someone else I'd probably just think their skin chemistry worked REALLY well with J'adore.

It's also very strong and lasts forever.

L'absolu's spirit is very much encapsulated by its bottle: heavy, classy, recognizable, and while not everyone's taste, undeniably beautiful.

anna.023
anna.023

I asked my BF for this bottle as a gift, I did not compare it properly with the original version before. I simply assumed that I would enjoy the L'absolue version better, I generally enjoy extreme, absolue and essenze versions, so I just guessed that it would be the case with the J'adore line as well..

Right after I recieved this pretty little gift I ran off to check and compare notes (which I obviously should have done earlier..) to my suprise (and horror) I notice that the L'absolue version are enriched with a heavy jasmine and rose! My two most feared florals!

Today, a few weeks later, I'm honestly very glad that I asked for this particuliere version. The jasmine are beautiful and I don't get much rose at all, thankfully. Not really a rose fan. It's indeed a heavier, deeper and richer version of the sweet, floral J'adore. It's lighter on the fruits and the sweetness, but stronger in it's florals and it's sharper and more distinct (in a good way). It's slightly more matuare and refined. A classier and more "expensive" alternative. The gold colour really complements this scent, it does smell "rich".

I now own both L'absolue and a miniature "to go version" of the original. To my suprise I always reach for the L'absolue version. I feel more comfortable wearing it and it provides me with far more compliments that the original does.

The sillage and lasting power are wonderful, 1-2 sprays will follow you through a whole day. My favorite place to apply L'absolue are in the back of my neck, feels kind of sensual and I can ejoy it without having it "in my face" all day. I feel like I must complement the jasmine once more, I'm very picky with jasmine but I must say that this is jasmine at it's best behaviour. It could also be the mix with Ylang Ylang who really helps the jasmine pop, they are indeed nice together!

thinkingmagpie
thinkingmagpie

Really feminine. Strong scents of Jasmine & Tuberose and a touch of rose give lovely, velvety feel. I liked it right away as I sprayed it on my skin but, to me, it got much better after about 2 hours as musky & woody base notes got more noticeable. The wonderful mixture of floral & woody musk lasted hours and hours.

I truly adore this fragrance. It makes me feel like I’m a top class woman :D

Clyn11
Clyn11

Beautiful classy Jasmine Ylang Ylang...smooth well rounded. Excellent longevity 9 hrs on skin. I don't like J'adore EDT & EDP, I suspect because of the pear note but I'm loving this. Ylang Ylang noticeable.

SucceeD87
SucceeD87

J'adore, i think this perfume is the best as a gift, because it smells expensive, sexy and elegant and many people i know like it.

littebee
littebee

J'adore J'adore L'Absolu:) Love it. It's 100% class. It gives the kind of feeling of a rich, sensual and self-confident woman. It is very sexy as well, but not in literal way, not as stright in your face oriental-vanilla. Comparing to J'adore edp it is softer,does't have those sharp notes of edp.

Longevity is excellent and sillage is very good.

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

J'adore l'Absolu is such a beauty! To me it is a floral blend reaching perfection: creamy tuberose, fresh rose, exotic ylang-ylang, lush jasmine and a hint of soft fruit that does not have anything to do with the alcoholic pear sharpness opening of J'adore EDP ( though I like the latter very much!).
To me J'adore l'Absolu is the embodiment of feminity. This fragrance has great sillage and won't pass unnoticed. When I wear it I feel classy, seductive and self-assured. I have so many fragrances, but I always return to l'Absolu. Over the last few years I have used up about 10 bottles!
But Dior, WHY ? They seem to have reformulated it lately. It is more alcoholic and aggressive at the beginning than it used to be. It does not last as long as before though I recognize the notes, but they seem to be more synthetic... Am I the only one to think so?
Dior, WHY?

dalouchi
dalouchi

Love, love, love, love it... Such a heavenly scent!! I have been looking for an intersting perfume for quite a while. And today, I found J'adore L'absolu. I simply fell in love with it. Such a classy and elegant perfume with excellent sillage and perfect longivity. It makes you feel like you're walking in a big garden, where the smell of jasmin and tuberose are mixed with fresh green leaves, all wrapped in a warm and love bouquet!! If you are a tuberose and jasmin lover, you'll love this scent.. If you are looking for a classy, elegant and rich scent, then that's the one. If you want an alluring sexy scent that radiates femininity, tenderness and sentuality, then that's the scent!! Dior.. Chapeau (y)

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This version of J'adore is by far my favourite. Simply a beautiful blend of ylang and strong white flowers, creating a smooth but bright floral.
L'Absolu builds on it's predecessors by diminishing the fruity notes of J'Adore EDP (which I can't detect at all here) and squashing the soapiness of the EDT. It drips opulence. Quite heady, with impressive projection, I would reserve this one for evenings, but at any time of year.
The thing I like most about this fragrance is that it provides me with all the wonderful aspects of a strong white floral that I can enjoy - that slightly dangerous and intoxicating edge of tuberose and a classy but sexy indolic jasmine - with none of the drawbacks I usually experience with a strong white floral on my skin - screechy, overpowering, headache inducing as they generally are on me. The ylang ylang cushions both tuberose and jasmine perfectly. I would put this on par with Serge Lutens A La Nuit, though L'Absolu is rounder and creamier. Highly recommended.

frag-overdose
frag-overdose

One of Demachy's
best scents ever made!
The sweet-green and floral facet
of ylang-ylang smells real
and closest to the original
J'adore back then (by Calice Becker).
To many out there who want
to 'invest' on a fragrance and want to feel
less guilty (or not at all) on the price,
J'adore L'absolu would be it.

LeisaSch
LeisaSch

This is my first experience with J'adore at all and wow.
This a a really full yet delicate, creamy sweet gorgeous floral. Love the jasmine, the delicate rose and the sweet muskiness. This would be a great summer day time fragrance and I can't imagine anyone not liking it. There is nothing offensive about it. Really beautiful composition.

HUEbris
HUEbris

I prefer this than original. oh, also l prefer edt then original too.
This is one of better-smelling flanker I've ever smelled.
A demi-mondain becomes A real comtesse. good job, dior.

Skye Wortley
Skye Wortley

This perfume is a great version of j'adore!! It's an intense, rich, feminine and elegant perfume. The notes I could smell were beautiful florals: ylang-ylang, jasmine, tuberose... I could also smell a bit of woody and fruity notes. This perfume is for daytime, a soft composition which isn't too showy, but noticeable. I am pleased with this perfume, it is great!!!! :)

Jafer
Jafer

if u like jasmen u going 2 like abslou

sumi111
sumi111

My husband got me as a surprise gift. Lovvvee it. Always get compliments on it

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

Quoting from CozyCat, this is almost similar to the vintage J'adore, but this is more 'floral' than 'fuity floral'. The drydown is nice, sweet floral smell, and the scent of ylang ylang really stands through.

geekgoddess
geekgoddess

Like CozyCat said, the pear note from the original is absent in this. That's a real plus for me, since I couldn't stand it. L'Absolu is drier, quiter, more floral and waaay less fruity. I think it's really classy, but a natural and low-key sort of classy that never comes across as stuffy or boring.

CozyCat
CozyCat

It smells like the original J'adore (which I love) minus the pear note, and more emphasis on the florals. Still, they smell too much alike to my nose, so not worth buying for me. Besides, I love the pear note in original J'adore, so I'll stick with that one.

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

The most elegant floral to date, none of the mega bazillion floral veils of amouage or fracas, not to say they re anyway sub-par, but l'absolu is more of a sophisticated selectful of high quality ingredients, i wouldnt say this is heady but it is strong and powerful, like woman oozing strong willed feminity, this isnt waif/butch/trashy/demure/girly/sombre/fun, it s just elegance. From strip, the traditional the rose + jasmine absolue are the strongest contender rounded around the edgest with powdery ylang ylang and a somewhat quieter tuberose background. Good. Sillage + Longevity= Great

fishmerised
fishmerised

I strolled into the perfume dept the other week while Mum was busy and walked out with J'Adore L'Absolu. I was also given a sample of J'Adore EDP, the saleslady referred to it as J'Adore Light. I wore the sample for a few days and decided I didn't like it, it was OK but I wouldn't spend the big bucks when there are so many other 'nice' florals around.

J'Adore L'Absolu is quite different. I don't smell any fruitiness, mostly florals at first which are rich yet delicate and highly evolved (if that makes sense). When the base notes kick in it's a dream, soft warm notes that envelop one in an invisible aura of sensuality and intimacy. I love the musk.

I think J'Adore L'Absolu could be called a modern classic, not because it's breaking any new ground but because it's so refined and well balanced. A very good example of it's genre. I would recommend it to the 30 plus age group, definately for the mature and experienced woman.

I'm surprised that some reviewers find the longevity lacking. I wore two sprays to a wedding, from 12 noon to midnight and the scent was still evident, no vast sillage but an intimate encounter.

niki.shahi
niki.shahi

عطری برای خانم های 30سال به بالا .و مناسب استفاده در مجالس با ماندگاری خیره کننده

missymary
missymary

J'adore Absolue is OK as far as it goes, but for me it does not go far enough. It's all floral but tame and boring. Why isn't it more adventurous. as the name "absolue" (no holds barred) suggests?

I'd like the tuberose ramped up and more kick from the ylang-ylang.

Parfumiers are afraid of scent these days, shame on them!

Musicholic Pinkster
Musicholic Pinkster

This perfume smells great and I think everyone who likes long lasting perfumes should try this......

BellissiMaya
BellissiMaya

This is a rather nice perfume but I think this is something older women would like vs J'adore EDP & J'adore L'eau. I wouldn't wear it unless I'd want to smell older than I am.

personagrata
personagrata

J'adore line, to my nose, is anything but Dior.With that being said, I don't mean, by any means, that it is not worth the label Dior, quite the opposite but I do not recognize Dior "heady" kind of perfume in J' adore.
This perfume is bright, this is the name for it, elegantly and in a formal way bright, illuminous and very floral, I cannot smell the fruity, only the floral. For that reason, I think it is more suitable for a day wear, formal occasions mostly or even office for a woman who is executive director or something like that, but very feminine , arty, stylist. Mature with an aloof character(but not like chanel n5 or sisley eau du soir). Always wear it with a more formal outfit.
To sum up, I very much like to smell it on other woman, it is very french and elegant, but it is not my cup of tea.
update : I forgot to mention that it has a retro quality which I very much like and the longevity is awesome, I mean I cannot stand this kind of longevity!!! Take it for someone who's skin swallows the perfumes! :)

tuoksu
tuoksu

On me, floral and fresh, I love it! I wish it weren't so expensive.

agi
agi

I love this perfume,its so romantic and flowery ,sweet smelling ,but not sick sweet,sweet fresh smelling perfume !

flowerbombhannah
flowerbombhannah

J'dore is the ultimately romantic fragrance. Vibrant tuberose, a jazz of fruit, beckoning jasmine, and heady roses...packaged in a golden vial designed for the pleasure of women.

Wonderful! Its more J'adore than the original. Lots of flowers, longlasting, I feel rich and special with this one. I love J'adore - but this one will be my next pick when this bottle is empty. (EdP)

Underbar. Detta är "mer" J'adore än originalet. Härligt blommig, djup, superkvinnlig och håller länge på huden. Jag känner mig som en rik flärdig kvinna när jag bär denna doften. Ska jag välja mellan J'adore och denna så blir det denna nästa gång jag köper parfym. (EdP)

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I had this sprayed on my wrist today. Sweet, vanillary and spicy is what I could smell. Reminded me a little bit of Fire & Ice (Revlon). Now I am reading the notes and I can't find vanilla or anything too spicy listed. Yet, as far as I am concerned, this perfume is rather oriental, and not so much fruity.

I don't like the ylang-ylang that much in the beginning. Come to the middle notes - I don't smell the tuberose (which I love) but the perfume is getting better. The base is even nicer. On the whole though it is not my cup of tea. I much prefer the original J'adore and will stick to it.

adele l
adele l

Perfumes:The Guide was spot on in their review of this-it's very much J'Adore with better quality ingredients. I have a J'Adore mini from 1999 and it is identical so there must have been a reformulation of the original somewhere along the line. It is a classic yet modern floral, beautifully balanced and womanly.

TillyWave
TillyWave

I believe that this is a textbook feminine fragrance that no one would dislike. I say this as a compliment. It is not boring, or superficially sweet, or screechy.

I really love florals and this does not disappoint. The composition is a rich and velvety floral that makes me feel like I'm a Queen or something. The fruits flint briefly before the musky/woody/faintly floral drydown. Simply put this floral just smells so so good and is beautifully done.

This is the only Dior I own, and I am not familiar with the gigantic "J'adore" family but since I have such love and luck with this scent I think I will stop here. (Also, I could hardly afford to delve further.)

Only complaint I have is that this does not last long enough for such an expensive scent! Very cool bottle though.

EDIT: The top and heart notes last about 2-3 hours, but the very gorgeous deep woody base on me lasts hours and hours after.

This is in my top wood fragrances. I love wood.

DaisyQ
DaisyQ

I like this much better than the original J'Adore, and as quite a few have noted, it is more floral and soft and not nearly as synthetic and sharp as the original. Lasts about 4 hours on me and I got a large bottle for less than $50 on an auction site. This makes for a great all occasion scent - appropriate for the office, date night, hot weather, cold weather. It smells very classy and sensual at the same time.

I'm very happy to own a full bottle of this.

Abbas
Abbas

A new addition form Dior in women fragrences. It quite soft and apeeling, floral notes are more stonger then fruity notes.

I like this but it is not long lasting.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

This one is even better then the regular one,much better.I find it more sensual and softer,very luxurious too..

Mals86
Mals86

I don't care for the original J'Adore (edp) - I find it a little harsh and synthetic.

But I do enjoy L'Absolu, with its concentration of natural floral essences. It's pleasant, fresh yet complex, and soft enough (applied delicately) that I can wear it to work. A perfect background "you just smell nice" sort of scent.

It does somewhat remind me of Parfum d'Empire 3 Fleurs (rose, jasmine, tuberose), but has less emphasis on the tuberose, and I think I prefer L'Absolu. If I want tuberose, I'll take it straight up (as in Beyond Love).

melozberk
melozberk

On me it is very much a like Fifth Avenue Elizabeth Arden. Almost no difference. Certainly nice but not much personality especially years after Fifth Avenue.

I like this one much more than rotten pear-smelling orginal J'Adore. It is maybe simpler, but more floral, sensual in a more classic and feminine way.
I agree the bottle is stunning, but so was the original and not reason enough to own the perfume. L'Absolu may be worthy a full bottle if you really like strong florals that smell like heavy flowers and nothing else.

megannsmom
megannsmom

I finally had the chance to try this one yesterday after a long time of admiring the bottle; at first sniff, it was strangely familiar.....where had I smelled this before? Then I realized why it was familiar; I have smelled it on a daily basis on almost every woman I come in contact with for my job. Nice, richly floral, feminine, not offensive......but where is the sensuality the commercial promises? All I get is a pleasant and utterly forgettable scent that is unfortunately everywhere. A safe scent....but what fun is that? I must say this has great staying power though; I could still smell its flowery-musk drydown on my wrist this morning before my shower.

guest_Dancki
guest_Dancki

I love this. It wears long and well. It softens nicely.

flower
flower

This perfume smells horrible to me. I don't smell anything fruity or sweet. Everyone else seems to smell something wonderful so I don't know what it is. YUCK

karenzitah
karenzitah

adoro mi perfumee

golden
golden

Fun fruity scent to start which then melts down to a classy elegant floral soft lingering sexy dry down.

J`Adore L`Absolu by Dior 4.06 out of 5 based on 431 ratings and 43 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior J`Adore L`Absolu fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior J`Adore L`Absolu, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify J`Adore L`Absolu by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of J`Adore L`Absolu by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.