Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

J`adore Dior for women

J`adore Dior for women
dislike

I have it: 3376 I had it: 2589 I want it: 1565 My signature: 111

J`adore Dior for women Videos J`adore Dior for women Videos J`adore Dior for women Videos
J`adore Dior for women Pictures J`adore Dior for women Pictures J`adore Dior for women Pictures J`adore Dior for women Pictures J`adore Dior for women Pictures J`adore Dior for women Pictures J`adore Dior for women Pictures J`adore Dior for women Pictures J`adore Dior for women Pictures J`adore Dior for women Pictures J`adore Dior for women Pictures

J’adore is a modern, glamorous fragrance, which has become incredibly popular, and for that reason developed in number of variants of different concentrations. J’adore is a luminous fragrance. Its opulent, golden scent shimmers on skin like sunbeams. The classic and ambitions of this fragrance reflects in the bottle shaped like Greek amphora. J’adore presents a new conception of Dior feminity, a scent so new and so in line with Dior style at the same time – sweet but balmy, slightly sharp floral with fresh mandarin in the top; jasmine, plum, orchid and rose in the heart; and amaranth, musk and blackberry in the trail. It was created in 1999.

The nose behind this fragrance is Calice Becker.

Magnolia Melon Peach Pear Bergamot Mandarin Orange

J'Adore Extrait de Parfum

J`adore Fragrance Reviews

lcommisso
lcommisso

Love the bottle, but the fragrance hates me. I made others cough in a meeting. It is too strong. I have also come to the conclusion I am not a floral girl at all.

The flanker Voile, mmmmm. It is just soft enough.

I can see why it has endured...the fragrance is a classic and womanly.

Alison Wonderland
Alison Wonderland

I shall call this "The Holly Grail"

In moving from NYC to LA, to Florida and then London, this treasure is the one perfume that survived all my travels.

The bottle must be indestructible...even when chipped and the Jadore label gone, sadly, it still glistens proudly on my nightstand like an exotic jewel from some far away place.

J'adore opens with a beautiful floral. Magnolias, Jasmine mixing with a juicy pear, crisp yet perfectly fresh, that first bite.

Silage is good, longevity, moderate. To give a fair review since I've discovered Fragntica and entered the world of perfumes, I've come to expect a lot in terms of longevity (Perhaps this was reformulated at some point, i'm unsure.) and J'adore ranges in the 4 1/2/5 hour range on my skin, the same as Vera Wang Princess Eu de Toilette. But this matters not to me, considering that both fragrances are in the same price range anyway. This cost me about $35 (where I actually spent £35 for Princess, although I know I overspent on Princess while I got the heavenly J'adore for a bargain. Funny thing, perfumes.)

Either way, it lasts long enough to make me happy. I quite often think of J'adore as "Sunshine in a bottle", I also get beautiful lily-of-the valley, tender roses blended so perfectly with freesia, Mandarin orange and musk. The trail notes sound perfect, unfortunately I don't get them, only the top and heart notes on my skin.

Still, J'adore is beautiful, from start to finish. It strikes me as a spring or summertime afternoon tea fragrance, and its a strong contender for my perfume on my birthday (afternoon tea at Claridges Hotel in London) but honestly it could be worn any time of day or season, when you are looking to add a touch of luxury to life after slipping on a pearl necklace anad applying lipstick, spritzing a few sprays of J'adore as you look in the mirror and smile.

9 out of 10 for me... if only it lasted longer! I am eventually going to search for a vintage bottle or perhaps try the L`Absolu version. If only this came in a pure parfum!

verasdfghjkl
verasdfghjkl

So I tried this. I had been wanting to, for a long time, as I adore white florals. But it seems a bit of a simple scent for such a high price. I've smelled other white florals more interesting than this one and cheaper too... Hence, I won't buy it.

Pentecostal Smell Good
Pentecostal Smell Good

This tends to be pricy, but the way it invokes romance when my wife wears this I find it to be well worth it. Me and my wife are also HUGE fans of Chanel N5 and honestly if you can pull this off (EDP) before you turn 25, you might be able to pull off n5 before too much longer.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is the best pear note I've ever smelled -- fresh, crisp, sweet and a bit sour, just like biting into the fresh fruit. Extremely beautiful and refreshing, it is then added to a beautiful tuberose/jasmine combo, making it feminine and playful and classic all at the same time. The other notes aren't as strong but add to a feminine sort of bouquet. The pear is delightful and keeps the perfume from being a serious classical white floral. Fun and still good for any daytime occasion, casual to formal -- this one is never out of place. Strong enough to be noticeable, but never overwhelming. Lasts well. Definitely a modern classic.

boutonstendres

J'adore is excellently designed. There are many fabulous notes that could have gone wrong--say, the 5th Avenue or L'Air du temps route--but didn't. What we have is something sweet although soapy and elegant--still a perfume with a capital P. With all of the notes, the effect is surprisingly linear. Just imagine: soapy jasmine and tuberose backed by many fruits. That's J'adore!

I really like it. It'd make a great birthday gift for the teenager or twenty-something (or thirty-something or forty-something) that is a Chanel 5 wearer-in-training.

burakkarub
burakkarub

I have a vintage bottle of Jadore Edt from 2007. It smells awesome. Dior always kills their amazing perfume with reformulations. It is powerful in case of sillage and longevity when I compare with the current edt. Also it looks oily on skin because of its high essence. Still countinue like this dior people do not like your fragrances as much as like in the past.

Obssessed!
Obssessed!

Not really a fan of fresh florals but wow never felt so feminine. This scent is the best fresh floral i've owned. I couldnt stop sniffing my wrists. Its simple yet complex as it dries. Long lasting scent and would put in on all ages.

fiouu
fiouu

I'm stuck with a 100 ml bottle of this. I bought it When i was around sixteen, I thought it was terribly classy, sophisticated, demure. Fast forward five years later, this is pure stank, not that my bottle got Turned, I got so sick of smelling it EVERYWHERE that I stopped using it (5/6 of the bottle is full). Everybody thinks they can overspray this as it's like a body mist, actually When they do that it brings out nasty unwashed skin, like dried plums that were too much time under the sun. Appallingly enough every new perfume on the market smells like this. And to my nose this is the perfume you put on When you had no time to shower and need to smell clean. Then again, another perfume that People made me hate, this is very very cheap and skanky

TimtanEssence
TimtanEssence

I absolutely love this perfume. It is my signature scent though I gave it a rest for a year. My Mum used to wear this. I just bought another bottle of it. So romantic. Whenever I wear this, I get lots of compliments and people want to know what I'm wearing.

Catty

My Husband gave it to me last year, coming from a business trip and I never repurchased it again.

He just arrived from another business trip with another flacon of it.

I finally got the message.

It´s indeed an outstanding floral, and that´s why it´s so popular.

PrincessofScents
PrincessofScents

My partner bought me this in Japan. He said that the Japanese lady said it would suit a western women such as myself. It's elegant, beautiful and fresh. I do wish that it would last longer than 30 mins on my wrist. I have to spray so much just to get a scent, which only I can smell or those super close. Otherwise, simply lovely.

perfumeproblem777

At last, a bottle is mine!! Gosh I love this stuff.

Mrbigbigtoe
Mrbigbigtoe

This one I LOVE. Classic, mature, not that sugary Nicki Minaj crap. I don't know what teens my age are thinking by wearing this cheap crap that costs the same as JAdore. When it isn't worth 2 cents.

Jadore is REALLY sexy. It would get my attention WAY before Viva La Juicy would:)

#18YearOldGuy

piahellgren
piahellgren

I don't think jasmine and light plum ever married this perfectly. I have pretended for years that J'Adore is just another scent while it actually is one of THE prettiest fragrances ever created. If you say you don´t like it, you basically lie. This is the holy grail of dancing nymphs, of true love and sweet memories. I never feel happier than when I smell J'Adore and I will get it. It´s just hard with all the fakes online, so actually this one I WILL get in a proper store. Together with Posion, just Poison. J'Adore is the only fragrance that my man will bow down to and say "Oh, how good you smell!".

perfumeproblem777

Love this. Love it love it love it!! I only have a small sampler of this, but every time I put it on, a smile just spreads across my face. It's what perfume is supposed to smell like. Elegant, beautiful, classy, and so easy to wear. It's floral sweet, lasts a long time, clean, and reminds me of going out to the theater and dinner. I cannot wear this enough. It will definitely be my next bottle purchase.

lovesky
lovesky

This is what elegance smells like. I love the combination of jasmine and pear notes. It's more floral and less sweet, calm and innocent but still unique. Very feminine. If you are looking for a fragrance which you can wear when temperatures outside are very high I strongly recommend J'adore! Smells amazing on VERY hot summer days, not as nice as in fall and winter, therefore it is an only-summer fragrance to me.

BiancaDrumea
BiancaDrumea

I am not sure if they changed this fragrance or not but I remember I used to love it and when I bought it few months ago I couldn't stand it plus I had a very big sneezing "attack" which is so strange because no other perfume gave me that. I thought might be allergies but no, I tested it and it happened 5 times, all in seconds after I applied this. Odd body I have...

Rach05
Rach05

I just bought this perfume. The bottle is so pretty, but I find it kinda uninteresting to wear this alone. Too much flower not enough woods or citrus notes to me. I'm currently been wearing Chance eau so Fraiche a lot! Any tips to make this perfume more lively? I can't returned it anymore since I threw away the box. Thanks in advance.

Dcarlo
Dcarlo

To be honest although I am a guy, I wear 2 female perfumes I really love.
However I could never wear J'adore.
It doesn't mean is a bad perfume. All the contrary.
J'adore is one of those perfumes you can't keep from loving every time you are lucky enough to feel it.
A woman who wears it is surrounded by a magical and glamourous cloud of stars and gold dust.
The flowers and spices on it are pure perfection in a bottle.
I have smelled it either at night or day, with humid and dry weather. It is always flawless.
The flacon is goreous, the juice is sublime.
If I were you, I would run to the nearest store and get one right away!

tessgreenham
tessgreenham

I ADORE J'adore. I know that was lame but I really do. I smelled it in a magazine once and knew I had to have it. I got an imitation fragrance of it (I know but it was cheap) at CVS and it was actually VERY true to the original scent. But I wanted the REAL J'adore and it's pretty pricey, I popped into bloomingdales and the sales associate gave me some pretty sizable sample bottles and it's perfect I have no complaints. It's a fun fragrance because it is what you make it, it kind of molds into who you are. It can smell like a mature business woman, an older woman aging gracefully, a fun party goer, a beautiful bride, and even suits me, and I'm 17 years old. Just grab a few samples from Macy's if you can't afford it, so worth it.

tecum15
tecum15

This is a beautiful fragrance that reminds of a carefree stroll in a fragrant garden on an early spring morning. Fresh, sophisticated and opens up to a story...your story to tell!

Bluemarinejosephine
Bluemarinejosephine

I have read reviews of people describing J’Adore by Christian Dior as something of a sparkling fresh floral bouquet that is deeply sensual and totally feminine… and I keep wondering if I am smelling the same perfume.

It is not an unpleasant perfume, neither is it bad. However, it is not interesting either.
It, rather, smells like a floral well-made shampoo. Shampoos are not off-putting (some of them are quite pleasant) but, they do not have the Va-va-voom distinct personality of refined French luxury.

The scent is clean, inoffensive and easy to wear. It starts with a watery orangy-irony-laundry feel made of citrus and ylang-ylang. It evolves into a floral of rose, jasmine and tuberose. I think there may be a musky vanilla at the base… but, silage and longivity are not so good one me so, I can hardly detect it before it disappears completely.

I can imagine beautiful mummies wearing it, having lunch while washing machines spin in the background. Thousands may like it but, it’s just not for me; it is about as mass market as a female fragrance can be.

It is probably one of the most blunt and boring fragrances in my collection and I don’t ever use it, really… but, I am thinking of wearing it when I walk my dog to the park… (clearly, I am trying to find occasions to wear it so as to justify its unjustifiable price - perfumes are a pricey indulgence to afford a mistake).

As for the bottle, I personally dislike that elongated bottle neck. It is supposed to be a teardrop shape inspired by Dior’s sketches of his classic “New Look” silhouette. To me it looks like a Massai necklace.

So, all in all, nothing bad but, not the kind of fragrance I rave for…

Enjoy the perfume hunt!

Sylvie-Aus
Sylvie-Aus

Got this perfume for Christmas three years in the row. And half my luck I never liked it ! Turned on me to " A nasty, old, marinated, body odour ". ( the peach I believe, turns ripe on me ) ! My friend loved me for three Christmas in the row, as she " adored" it & she didn't mind a "re-gifting " ! May I had she never smelled as a " nasty BO" wearing it, never got anything spectacular either, well nothing close to the 'spectacular" the price tag attached to this fragrance !

Aromawander
Aromawander

I have wanted to own this for a long time and now that I finally do, I can't get enough of it! It keeps its promise to be a powdery floral fragrance but never in an overpowering way like Amarige does. The jasmine and peach notes strike the right note, making it sweet but not in a cloying manner. On my skin these two notes are distinct, and I can smell a heavenly blend of melons, lily, bergamot, mandarin, musk, vanilla and cedar. The blackberry notes are faint and are discernible only after a few hours. Longevity is more than 8 hours on me, and sillage extends to a comfortable arm-length distance if sprayed lightly.

I am a fan of bright florals, and this one's a winner to me from the classic house of Dior. Uplifts my mood instantly and makes me feel elegant and sophisticated. A keeper for sure!

waternight
waternight

I have to accept the fact that peach notes just really don't like my skin. I love the smell of peaches. I love to each peaches. I love everything about peaches...except in perfume. They ruin a fragrance for me and make it smell rotten. Like, literally rotten. I was excited to try Dior because a fellow perfumista friend rec'd it to me based on my love of jasmine fragrances, and I do generally love fruity-florals. Alas, it was not to be.

babypink_fairish
babypink_fairish

Wow! Just tested the vial today, got some from a nice SA at Dior counter when I bought their lipstick. I didn't think J'Adore would be so fine but it is. If felt golden. Very feminine, elegant, flowery (jasmine) and somewhat powdery to me, but not intoxicating although I don't usually prefer powdery smell.
I am actually in the process of counter-convincing myself for not buying this as I just bought 2 other perfumes yesterday, and another one coming when my friend got back from abroad. So this has just entered my "want" list - but maybe I'd want someone to gift me, I have so many other that I want more lol..
It would be a nice addition to my small collection. And the bottle is so elegant!

Amparo Noir
Amparo Noir

J'adore is no longer the j'adore once i love.
If i was rich and had all the cash to spend, i'd buy many bottles of this for sure. It was not all about pear, melon and florals like what it is now. Still the reform is nice, strong and long lasting. The bottle is gorgeous, but just too big for me to hold for I have such small hands.

lepalm
lepalm

It took wearing this on a hot sunny day for me to go from liking it to *really* liking it. True to the description above, it did indeed feel golden like sunbeams on my skin.

The opening is sharp and synthetic but I like it. On me, that sharp synthetic smell lasts about an hour and then softens to let the heart and base notes shine. Very pretty. It lasts about 8-9 hours on me, lasting for an entire work day. It is great for casual or office wear. Not glamorous or romantic in my opinion but my husband loves it so it does get some evening and weekend wear.

I got the bottle from someone who thought it was too strong. Yay for me! I think it's light and perfect for hot days.

Whiteclimax
Whiteclimax

I expected to be a stronger perfume, something to impress me, but no. Is just a nice, light, melony fragrance.
Actually, for me is quite banal.

MadMadamMimm
MadMadamMimm

Gorgeous scent. When I wear it, I think of a night on the town, a very glamorous New Years Eve party, or that gorgeous dress you allowed yourself to buy. It tends to be my weekend scent.

JessYang
JessYang

I've worn this forever....it's the first perfume I've worn on a regular basis. I am super picky about smells on my body. This one works for me.

ShroomRavioli
ShroomRavioli

It's a no-no for me. It's a pleasant smell, sure. It's not annoying, doesn't make you feel sick but it's really nothing special. It won't make you stand out in a crowd.

Yurippe
Yurippe

Just looking at the notes, I thought I would like this, but when I got an actual sample... no. I can't describe why, but it's simply not my kind of scent.

gpesav
gpesav

I love almost everything about this fragrance. The packaging, the advertising. What I don't like is the smell. I could not wait to get in the shower and scrub this off. Way too mature, I felt like my Grandma wearing this.

NoirEternal
NoirEternal

I smelled this in a glamour magazine and was quite surprised by it... j'Adore was not what I expected....

I thought it would be very mature over the top... But it's very young, airy, aquatic white floral, in the likes of Mariah Carey's Forever fragrance... That aquatic fresh white floral which I really prefer because all ages can wear it without it coming off too mature / heavy...

I will buy a set of this!!! reminds me of the angel whisper candle from glade I believe

shannon.nonsc
shannon.nonsc

I'm totally floral follower. Undoubtedly, this is perfect to wear. Attending a dinner, a date, an important event. J'adore always be the first n last selection for me to wear. It makes me feel so gorgeous, elegant, feminine, special, confident, happy. Perfume define a personality, I think J'adore is a well defined of feminine. I fall in love with J'adore since I was 16 years old !

blogsimonette
blogsimonette

I love floral scents! This one is very sophisticated. It smells great on wool or on skin. It is longer lasting.

ladenu
ladenu

Very chic and feminine. I dont think it fits for office use at all. This is for someone who would like to feel special and elegant. I generally wear this when I am going out with my fiance to somewhere nice.
I love this perfume! <3

Rielle
Rielle

Agree Nadia80, came to give the exact same review. Love Dior perfumes but J'adore left me disappointed. Glad I only bought the mini splash.

lirael00
lirael00

One of my friends wears it all the time and I think she smells absolutely gorgeous. Sharp white florals and yummy pear do create this amazing smell. I'd used to own the bottle of J'adore and I really liked it at the time but it never had that amazing effect that it has on my friend. Some perfumes and people just click better than the others. Nevertheless I still like it a lot!

marwa.qoura
marwa.qoura

As soon as I smelled this, one word came to my mind : BRIGHT , very bright and characteristic smell , it is not original . No, certainly it's not . But it's easily distinguished . Charlize Theron is the perfect face for this perfume . Another tall blonde but very recognisable ...Though I am a big fan of white floral scents , but I won't buy this fragrance , the jasmin is very dominant here and it's not my favourite flower . I have lived amongst African Jasmin all my life and would like to smell another white floral on me . I think it is perfect for brides , specially Summer brides.

Jennypennypocket
Jennypennypocket

Layer J'Adore with the SONIA KASHUK lotion, RED PROMISIA (only at Target) and I'll tell you why...
[No, I'm not affiliated with either of those brands]

Worn alone, J'adore is a nice, mildly-sweet, innocent-smelling fragrance, which kind of reminds me of Diorissimo, though I haven't smelled that for about 20 years (I'm 38).

If, however, you want to turn J'adore into a sultry scent that will last for hours and get you raging compliments from folks, ranging from children to men, combine it with
RED PROMISIA lotion by SONIA KASHUK (only available at Target). RED PROMISIA will deliver a cedar, sandalwood-like touch that is like a walk in the woods on a crisp Autumn evening.

My three young girls love it when I wear this combination, but the latest, most interesting compliment I got, was from a taxidermist!--Let me explain...

I live in a place where nearly everyone hunts and if a manly man called me back to shyly ask what perfume I was wearing (it was this combination) then I know I surely have a hit!

***J'Adore perfume, by Dior, is pure perfection when layered with Red Promisia lotion, by Sonia Kashuk (from Target)***

bikinni
bikinni

received it after a fight with one of my ex, still got half a bottle. I never smell anything like it, rich floral scent, non-repellingly sweet. I love it, but it doesn't seem to work with the humid weather in Taiwan. It is a fancy scent but too commonly loved.

SuzanneEnnazus1
SuzanneEnnazus1

I love this for day time. Floral, but not boring. It's so sophisticated. It isn't sweet and sickly or overpowering, but it lasts. I sprayed some on a jumper last week that I haven't washed yet, and it still smells gorgeous.

yasmin.mochtar
yasmin.mochtar

I usually don't go for bright floral. But I got this with my Dior minis pack. So I tried it on and after it settled, it is lovely. Blends nicely with my body chemistry and has a pretty good silage. I may actually wanna wear this on my wedding day. Fits right for a bride, since it smells so flowery (in a good way of course :) ! )

k8r8r
k8r8r

The first time I tested J'adore I couldn't understand the hype. The only thing I got from it was a plastic doll head smell. Fast forward to February 2014 and my opinion has changed completely. In January 2014 I cleaned up my diet drastically, my sinuses cleared for the first time in my adult life and my olfactory world has exploded.

It isn't terribly original but neither is The Mona Lisa. My point is, just because something doesn't scream for attention or isn't groundbreaking doesn't mean it can't be widely admired and appreciated. It's incredibly well blended, tasteful and inoffensive. Elegant, clean and feminine. A masterpiece IMHO.

J'Adore is my LBD or t-shirt and jeans. An instant classic. Dress it up or down, appropriate for many occasions...my fragrance-wardrobe staple.

hehehihi
hehehihi

I don't know why that perfume became so popular. For me it's just nice floral fragrance (I can smell only jasmine, tuberose, maybe pear). Cosy, easy to wear and pleasant = boring. Sillage is not impressive, longevity is better but not superb and price is rather high. Sorry J'adore, I'm not crazy about you.

Melyche
Melyche

100% floral. I didn't feel any fruit notes. It feels like it's mostly composed of yellow flowers. I think Freesia is very dominant. However, it's not like Versace Yellow Diamond because it screams out "YELLOW" :) I think except rose each flower note is noticeable. Tuberose, jasmine and magnolia are noticeable.

The key feature is, it smells better after a while. The moment when you first spray it may be perceived heavy or too flowery but then all the pressure of flowers are gone and a nice and sweet smell takes place. After 2 hours, you begin to feel vanilla and rose more.

That's one of the perfumes I'd recommend. Feminine, classy and fresh.

MyFantasy305
MyFantasy305

Thsi perfume is very addicting and i cant stop spraying it. All i can smell in it is pear, jasemine and chocolate.

Its absoueteley gorgeous but it is very overpowering and it give me a headache

Lunchbox148
Lunchbox148

I'm a big man and this stuff makes me weak in the knees. Not in a perverted alluring way. This fragrance helps remind me that women are delicate and sensitive and to be treated respect. It is very elegant and beautiful. This one and Chanel Co Co Mademoiselle are both fragrances that I foresee myself buying the special woman in my life, when I find her.

cessnaski
cessnaski

It is similar to Miss Dior only in terms of jasmine as a mutual ingredient. I found it too strong in smell of jasmine, it can be a good fragrance to wear in spring during the day.

LucyLucy
LucyLucy

It's smells jasmine on my skin. Pure jasmine with a touch of elegance whatever that means :D My husband bought me this simply because he thinks that am wearing and having way too many light fragrances until he doesnt know the difference! :P J'adore is a pretty fragrance and perfect for winter or night time if you're living in a tropical island like me (:

tinaelisa

This is a floral fruity with oomph. It's a very classy and glamorous fragrance. Probably more for women then for girls. It wraps around you, has good staying power, will be noticed by others and still isn't overwhelming.
This was the first fragrance I ever bought, about 10 years ago and now I own it again.
(At first I didn't liked the reformulated version and put off of buying J'adore again. But my bodychemisty changed now I like it again). I also have the lotion, hair mist and EDT version for hot summer days. Still J'adore is an all year round fragrance for me. I do like to wear it in the winter and evenings a little bit more.
My boyfriend also likes this one a lot, wich is a good thing of course. To him it smells like peaches.

Natalie Carter
Natalie Carter

I never believed i will have a bottle of this in my life, but i guess i did. I always liked it when i was young and this was the scent i would wear whrn i grow up. Its east to find but its not that cheap so i have to use it sparingly. The scent is strong, pleasant and really modern classic floral. Its quite balmy and i love the longevity and the sillage. I could wear this all year and its very safe. The smell is unique and i love it. I can't say how the notes smell on me but the perfume surely smells floral sweet on me. The bottle is beautiful. 9.9/10. Xx

Izumee
Izumee

Jasmine subtleness wafting from the beginning til the end. Its definitely mature scent, not for those who is into pink sugar and fantasy BS :p elegant? Quite. Pleasant? Oh yes. Unforgettable? 50-50. One thing to be sure, this is a safe bet for any ocassion on anytime, it would not induce a headache or steer a funny feeling in stomach and throat like some perfume does.

boutonstendres

My review is highly subjective.

There is no doubt that if this perfume came out today or if I had found it when it just came out, I'd like it. I can see why it's so popular and such a forerunner.

Sophisticated, if slightly flat/standard, smell that would translate very well into the boardroom, formal events, nights out. Chic-smelling, expensive-smelling. In a cliche way, of course, because I feel I've smelled it everywhere for years.

First of all, the packaging and advertising is all very beautiful and elegant.
The scent itself I don't like, I guess it's lily of the valley again which I can't stand.
The scent is very fruity and juicy. It has a hint of sweetness.
Quite strong and long lasting.
I couldn't wear this one, even if I had it.

piggyluv
piggyluv

On me, this perfume smells a lot like Curious Brittney Spears. When I checked, they share a lot of notes in common. If you like J'Adore but it's out of your price range, try Curious, you may be pleasantly surprised :)

Elviel
Elviel

Pretty and timeless this is predominantly a very soft jasmine, rose, and vanilla.

It is creamy and not at all powdery to my nose. On the back of my hand (very dry skin) it has a little sharpness, on my forearm it is sweeter. The fruit notes take a back seat, I get a little of the violet but no tuberose.

Rather redundantly I am going to add that it is quite different to its original incarnation - much quieter.

Definitely a perfume - no bathroom cleaners or furniture polish here - and quite formal. I think the bottle and the advertising suit it well; I can see why it is popular.

Carded sample Voile de Parfum circa 2013 formulation.

cibelli_moon
cibelli_moon

When I think in the word glamour, I think about the j'adore. I love the smell, a mix of pear, melon, jasmine and musk. It has an excellent longevity and sillage, the note on my skin that stands out the most is jasmine.
To summarize it in one word: Sophistication.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

To me, this is just a clean shampoo smell. There isn't a real perfume fragrance there - but it's a really nice 'smell'.

Eirlys
Eirlys

I didn't think I would like this perfume because I know many grown-ups who love it, but when I spray it on, it's so divine. This is seriously one of the best perfume that I have smelled.

The first spray is a blast of jasmine and magnolia, and slowly it develops into an even more complex perfume with so many notes that I can't detect. It's really floral, but so warm too. I would say J'Adore is most suitable at parties or important events. The scent is so lavishing, when I wear this I feel really sophisticated and mature, it boosts my confidence.

The longevity is amazing, 11 hours on my skin and almost a week on my blanket. The people around me can detect this too, so this projects quite well.

Now I understand why this is one of the timeless fragrances. The scent is intoxicating while inoffensive at the same time.

Yellow Daisy
Yellow Daisy

To my personal taste i do not understand what is the big deal about this perfume, it smells awful to me, even my mother agreed and i really wanted to like it. It just smells awful to me i don't know. The bottle is beautiful but the fragrance there is just no way for me to like it. For those who like it thats great, personally i would never get this perfume.

nyalta77
nyalta77

J'adore Edp is arguably one of the best Dior fragrances I have had the pleasure of owning. The presence and glamour of Dolce Vita, the full-bodiedness and boldness of Dior Addict, the allure and beauty of Miss Dior Cherie.
If Volupte wasn't already taken I feel this could have been an alternate name for this perfume...
JA is a voluptuous jasmine scent, unbridled... however JA is also enigmatic...the other notes magnifying it's loveliness :)
Accolades aside, I actually gave this perfume to my friend because she was a big fan of the scent, more so than me. She was 20yrs old and I 30 at the time and I felt the scent actually suited her much better. She has all the traits of a woman who I can imagine wearing this scent; Success- driven... Ambitious but also Traditional and Pragmatic... by the way, she is a Capricorn... I am a Virgo and for me J'adore is a "go-getting" scent that those around you will recognize as being so... I prefer subtlety more often than not, but on occasion will wear my "Statement" perfumes when I need to eg. Poison Edt :))...
I believe though that J'adore is an absolutely stunning fragrance, worthy of wear by even Venus herself!! :)

robororo
robororo

When I spray this on, I immediately feel like a real lady - you know, a real one, like Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Elizabeth Taylor, Marlene Dietrich and so on. The new Dior commercial couldn't get it more right!

salwas
salwas

I love this so much! I remember smelling this when I was little (12-13) and thought that "this I'll wear when I grow up!" lol so I guess I'm grown up now (25) but I still feel it's a bit too mature to me, although I do love it. I'm planning on buying it for my mother and when I feel ready, for myself :D it's such a classy scent in a beautiful bottle.

linzilou92
linzilou92

I have no word to describe how much I love this scent. This was a new find for me as the last time I smelt it (when I was 18) I didn't like it. I tried it again just before Christmas and safe to say it's become a favourite in just a few short weeks. I really couldn't pick out any particular note but they just all seem to blend together beautifully.

I also love the sillage and lasting power. I've read a few fragrance reviews in the last few years that talk about that moment when they smell something gorgeous and then realise it's them, well I actually get that with this!!!! I spray it on in the morning, go about my day and every so often smell this gorgeous feminine scent and then realise its me! So happy with this perfume, now I know why so many people love it :-)

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers,

I like the fragrance and the bottle of J'Adore , I remember receiving this as gift as a teenager in the 90's ,its very airy elegance , fruity and flowery, making it a very casual but beautiful impression , it has the same notes like Black Pearls from Elizabeth Taylor but J'Adore is more the grand daughter of it, they're both elegant, beautiful in their own right and I can imagine both ladies together hearing Claude Debussy played by Pascal Roge , enjoying the serenity and beauty of music and later J'Adore having a romantic affair with a artist and becoming it's muse breathing life to the artist dreams and creating masterpieces.

Its very delighting perfume to have and a lovely gift for yourself or a special someone in your life and its very office friendly since it has a very casual airy beauty to her on the right chemistry of course, so I doubt this refine lady perfume will cause headaches and scandalous reactions of disgust, unless its just really envy talking than a objective observation.

alba0
alba0

This was the first signature frangrance, acquired in my late teens in 2008. Personally, I tend to favor strong winter fragrances, not "atalcadas" (from Spanish, roughly translated as "soap-like smell"). Before I chose my pick, I'd tested absolutely every perfume I'd been able to get my hands on and this turned out to be my favorite - probably because of the jasmine notes. When I grew tired of it, I replaced it with Armani Code.

chuetta
chuetta

Loved it since forever it is a classy scent. I would rather wear it as an adult, idk smelling it gives me the vibe like only mature powerful women can pull it off.

anne.giraut
anne.giraut

Strong headache. A pity, for I loved this perfume. I gave it away.

Livikingan
Livikingan

I do absolutely understand why this fragrance is popular. For me its very difficult to find a fragrance that smells good on me, and this just melted in with my body chemistry. Also, this is still the only fragrance that I get always complimented on by men. Sexy, approachable, glamorous, and timeless. Try it :)

magdalena.pollak
magdalena.pollak

J'Adore?Well...brilliant advertising campaign with divine Charlize Theron but I don't like that smell.Very ''flat'',even does not develop.I feel jasmin,pear and violets only.I do not feel the rose or vanilla.Very choking,never fresh.It isn't bad smell,has an interesting bitter note yet but does not fit to me.

ira.singhal
ira.singhal

Being firmly floral, this perfume is heavenly for the floral lovers. I wouldn't say its exactly worth the exorbitant price, but if you can afford it and you like florals then you MUST try this once in your life. Its feminine, classy, elegant, sophisticated in a subtle, womanly, draw your attention kind of way. Whenever I wore it, people around me commented on it, even though it is so mild and the sillage is mild-to-moderate. It lasts a decent amount of time on skin and upto a day on clothes. It isn't for those below 25 I think cause it is a little too classy to be appreciated at that age. It isn't energetic or active or something you wear hanging out. You wear this to sit-down dinners and operas and black-tie parties. It is NOT an old-lady perfume, as there is absolutely nothing old about the smell (unlike Chanel No. 5). I would recommend it for anyone above 25. Its a gorgeous feminine perfume which makes you feel elegant and classy! I love it to death and would buy it as long as it is continued!

Cw830
Cw830

Fruity-floral with musky touch, very sweet. First impression is strong jasmine but also orchid, plum and apple. I notice the berry in the dry-down and maybe the oakmoss. There is a little touch of freshness and the overall composition is pretty. Light-colored formal or spring casual. I only have a magazine sample and the potency is poor, so I've no idea about the longevity or sillage. It's nice on the paper, but so far I don't like it on my wrist - the smell turns to shampoo.

nurul.ain
nurul.ain

I just bought this perfume...this is truly a classy,elegant,sophisticated,beautiful and timeless fragrance...the ingredients are comoro islands ylang-ylang essence,damascan rose essence and sambac jasmine absolute...i do get a lot of jasmine scent on its initial spray....it also smells clean,fresh n crisp.sweetness detected.but the sweet smell is not candy-ish or gourmand-like...i believe,the sweetness comes naturally from the flowers used,especially the ylang-ylang flower as i searched at notes column in fragrantica..then after a while,i sensed there's powdery character in it...it must be coming from the rose flower....besides that,J'adore has a very good staying power...i sprayed it on my skin at about 4.30pm yesterday...and amazingly,the scent was still there @ around 2.00 am on the next morning.

Amazon60
Amazon60

Licorice is what hits me and weird doesn't read at all in the notes list. May go back in the spring and see if a different time of year brings a change. I agree the bottle is beautiful.

MineralDiva
MineralDiva

No, no, a thousand times NO! I found a sample of this the other night - and sprayed it sparingly. Cloying, powdery old lady, was what attacked my nostrils for a full 24 hours! (Yes, even after trying to wash it off! Why is it that the ones you can't stand, won't give up and go down the drain?) It settled a BIT...but soft cloying isn't much better than up your nose, cloying! Love the commercial, love the bottle, but that's where the love affair ends for me on this one. Blech!

trishtan
trishtan

Elegant. It's the only right word to describe J'adore. The color golden & the bottle shape already describe the essence. Fresh fruity on the opening, then beautiful sweet floral comes out. Great floral fruity composition. So feminine, beautiful, elegant, luxurious. And good longevity too.

rufflesbows
rufflesbows

I have tried this a few times over the years really wanting to like it, but I just don't. It is too sharp for me and never calms down. I recently tried the EDT and again just no. Sigh. The bottle is so elegant and beautiful.

fiverosestea
fiverosestea

i have smelled this perfume so many times and i dont know why but i just dont like it. it doesnt grow on me...
maybe if i smelled it on another person.

lgbailey86
lgbailey86

Really floral. Tuberose note is nice but a little too sharp for me. I love clean fragrances but find this one almost too clean. The plum and fruity notes do balance the florals out in a feminine way. Smells nicer on my girlfriends skin than on test strip.. still, as nice as the Dior line is, this is not my favorite sampling from the house

On my skin this scent is lovely. Starts with a peach-magnolia mix, and then develops its orchid heart, enriched with freesia, jasmine & rose. Very feminine fragrance, sweet, but not too sweet. I got many compliments when I was wearing it. Vanilla base is also very nice, and scent is long lasting.

Beckylynn8881
Beckylynn8881

This was a huge disappointment for me. I was expecting a sillage bomb with impressive staying power, but unfortunately this is very light and fleeting on me. I know a woman who I do volunteer work with who I'm pretty sure wears this, and it's always strong and lovely on her. I'll have to ask her for sure if this is what she wears, but this smells just like her. I can only wish that the projection was just as great on me. I guess it really all just depends on body chemistry, because there have also been perfumes that people complain are weak with poor longevity that are quite strong and last for hours on me (I.e. Givenchy Ange Ou Demon Le Secret.)

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

J'adore and I were not happy campers in the same tent. A strong tuberose opening gave way to many, many florals invading my space to a (cough, cough) urine odor that at that point intermingled with buttered popcorn. I have not figured out what it is yet, but there are some perfumes that if tuberose is an ingredient, I will smell buttered popcorn. It has that effect with my skin's chemistry, and it's actually quite nice (the buttered popcorn effect). It turns to a delightful melted butter over fresh popcorn, the kind you'd get at movie houses, or the kind you make at home, either way, it's fresh and aromatic. I've heard that J'adore is complicated and changes on a person. It did for me. Over several hours time it evolves from a mind-blowing tuberose down to an unpleasant urine odor that I cannot stomach and just will not go away. J'adore and I parted ways.

gloria93
gloria93

i'm hesitating for a long time, to buy it, or not, because i like it on paper, and on my wrist, but sometimes it seems to be too much, too flowery. and then my fiancé bought to me for our anniversary, and omg! such an amazing scent: it's perfect combination of flowers and fruits, and some powdery notes. elegant, confident, and luxury! and it lasts forever, and the sillage is awesome. i absolutely love it

galoguiu
galoguiu

Fantastic! Note 10 for Dior! All women should know that fragrance. When my wife uses think it's wonderful. Rather feel it in days and nights with mild climate. On very hot days can not be good. Good silage and longevity. Thumbs Up! GORGEOUS!

chrissyc15
chrissyc15

Before I even open up a magazine I can smell this in it if there is a sample. It is to overpowering and hurts my head. If you like a strong floral and musk than I guess you would like this, but personally I prefer a sweeter smell. My husband says it smells to much like a women trying to smell sophisticated and ladylike without achieving it. Very much synthetic. I love Dior's Addict and Hypnotic Poison, but this is to overwhelming to be enjoyed. This is definitely not a perfume that you could spritz on more than 1 or 2 times.

sunshinegurl17
sunshinegurl17

I usually like perfumes with white floral accents (because I'm in love with gardenia and jasmine), but this perfume was a little much for me. It opened heavily with a powdery rose scent, and that seems to be all this perfume is on me. It reminds me of the old rose bead rosary my grandma has. So I will probably not ever wear this perfume again because Rose is NOT my favorite. If you like Rose scents, try this one.

FashionSavvyDolly
FashionSavvyDolly

Ahhh J'adore how I adore thee! This is a beautiful floral fragrance. I feel rich and opulent when I wear this scent. I tend to wear it during the fall and winter seasons as I find it to be to heavy for the summer. I receive plenty compliments when I wear this. This perfume will always have a place in my fragrance wardrobe.

Irishys
Irishys

Ugg! J'Adore by Dior is not for me. I really tried to like this scent...my husband loved it on me...but it was so cloying it gave me a headache. The scent lingered forever, I couldn't get it out of my nose.

It is very sweet and very floral. I just gave it away.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

So faint and forgetable on my skin. Does absolutely nothing for me.

ledavis727
ledavis727

J'Adore is beautiful, flowery and golden. If the color gold had a smell, this is what I imagine it would be. It's a very floral perfume but still manages to stay fresh and sweet rather than cloying. It seems to smell like a field full of jasmine and roses covered in fresh dewdrops. Lasts forever on my skin, and stays smelling sweet and golden the whole time.

new friend
new friend

عطر جادور من ديور للنساء
جادور ببساطة هو العطر الكلاسيكي العصري الذي لن يطويه الزمن.
ستجد عطورا كثيرة تهيم بها النساء الناضجات غير أنها قد لا تلق استحبابا ولا رواجا عند الفتيات الأصغر منهن سنا، والعكس أيضا صحيح وموجود.
وستجد أيضا نساء يعشقن الزهريات، وأخريات يحببن العطور الفاكهية وربما البودرية، وهناك من لا ترضى أنوفهن إلا بالمكونات القوية التي لا تخلو من الأخشاب والتوابل أحيانا.
وانا أعتقد أن جادور صنع لنفسه مكانا جنبه نطاق هذه التفضيلات والاختيارات.
فهو يحظى بالقبول عند الجميع، حتى من لا يعشقن العطور الزهرية ستجد أن جادور لديهن يمثل استثناءا من هذه القاعدة.
والفتيات الصغيرات اللاتي يبتعدن كثيرا عن العطور العميقة الثقيلة لن يترددن لحظة في الإعجاب بهذا العطر الساحر (جادور)
جادور هو أحد روائع دار ديور التي أعتقد أنها وشانيل قد برعا في العطور النسائية أكثر من العطور الرجالية بشكل ملحوظ

mp2491
mp2491

I have had this perfume for so long and I will keep re-purchasing it. It's my all time favourite and a classic scent. So beautiful! I still have yet to sample all the other j'adore fragrances they have. I am curious if they are any different (maybe even better).

MuhannadQahtani
MuhannadQahtani

عطر نسائي بإمتياز و رائحتة خفيفة و منعشة للامانة انا حاطة بسيارتي لما اركب ابخ منة السيارة يعطي رائحة و جو جميل انصح به

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

The initial spray gave me a floral and floral AND floral overload..:) its not offensive in any way but just a tart too floral IMHO, I guess its the Tuberose as I can't hardly smell the jasmine anywhere, let alone the pear?? The house of Dior is one fantastic perfume haven, that' for sure.. But as for this perfume, there might be a need to go easy on each spray. Overall, its not too bad, but its just not too outstanding either.

lollsazz
lollsazz

I really like the initial spray of this: I get lots of soft, white flowers, lily-of-the-valley and peach, but then the smell of something oily suddenly appears. I can't really describe it in any other way: to me it smells oily, and I really dislike that quality. I get the same thing from both the EDT and EDP, and also from Allegoria Flora Nymphea by Guerlain. I think that you would like all of these three perfumes if you don't get the oily note. Else, if I was to choose between J'adore EDT or EDP, I like the EDP more because I get some kind of mildly synthetic note from the EDT, although others might like that type of notes.

shushkin
shushkin

I have tried the tester and think its lovely. It hit me immediately with violet. The dry down was exactly like the parma violet sweets scent. I was disappointed though that it just did not last on my skin. I have many perfumes and this is amongst the best such as Fracas.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

It's funny how time can change a person's perspective. I tried this one about 10 years ago and thought it was a headache inducing flower bomb. Fast forward 10 years and now I love this little beauty.

J'adore starts off with a little bit of fruit but really this bottle is all about florals. The jasmine and tuberose really are the showstoppers while the other florals add to the scents boldness. Yes it has tremendous silage and longevity. This perfume is definitely not for a wallflower but for a woman who is comfortable in her own skin and doesn't mind being noticed. Elegant...Beautiful...Timeless!!!

If you find this one a headache and too big and bold just wait 10 years. You never know...

iggypop
iggypop

This one is waaaaay too strong for me, cloying even. Cheap, headache-inducing drugstore perfumes were inspired by this, and that's all I can think of when I smell it.

nitschevo
nitschevo

Absolutely love this one. It's a really remarklable scent and so so lovely and classic. I still have mini bottle of it and just recently thought that I have to add another FS bottle to my collection again.

fawnmarie
fawnmarie

Maemaeri, well said! I agree that this fragrance is one that every perfume lover should have in their collection. I bought my first bottle in 2003 and made it last 7 years, spraying the lovely, sweet rose and orchid concoction on for dressy occasions and special nights out. A previous reviewer stated that this fragrance smells "expensive", so true! Elegant and quietly sophisticated, not overpowering. There is a pretty trace of tuberose and some delicate white jasmine that shine through the heart of the scent, and the tiniest pinch of pear or plum...it's so subtle I cannot differentiate between the two...A good purchase!

maemaeri
maemaeri

This is my most loved fruity floral fragrance. I tested it and, the next day, I came home with it. And, from then on, the love affair with Dior began.

J'adore is a very feminine fragrance. And in my opinion, it's not screechy and harsh which is the antithesis of Angel by Thierry Mugler. It is very gentle and subtle and I love it. You can wear it any season, day or night, casually or formally. It's that versatle.

My skin was loving the combination of juicy melon and plum with a slight musk and the mandrain orange give the fragrance a slight fresh smell. J'adore should be a staple to any fragrance lovers, collectors, and/or fanatics.

AlexandraM19
AlexandraM19

It somehow manages to be juicy, fruity and yet elegantly poised at the same time. I picture a bride wearing something like this.

anwaar
anwaar

J`adore is Luxury Perfume. It is suitable for brides.

MsGoody2Shoes
MsGoody2Shoes

This fragrance became my instant signature. It was love at first sniff!
My favourite types of perfume are typically fresh, with a mix of fruity and floral and this is perfect.
Jasmine is the epitome of femininity and sophistication and Dior nail it with this one.
This one sits so unbelievably naturally on my skin, and my boyfriend also adores it.
I think it's appropriate for all seasons, and day or night.
Luscious, balmy, fresh, unique, delicious, sexy and feminine.
I am not, however a fan of the campaign where they depict Marilyn Monroe holding the bottle, because as we all know she was a die-hard Chanel No. 5 fan.
It is also unfortunate how expensive this perfume is.
I bought myself a 5ml bottle just to be sure I love this perfume, before dishing out for the 50 ml.
5ml cost me $20!
This is the perfect fragrance to buy for a special lady in your life
The wearer instantly becomes confident and enigmatic
As a collector of fragrances I can be hard to please, and Dior's J'adore does not fall short.
If anyone is interested in getting rid of their bottle through a trade please let me know! I have plenty I'd be willing to sacrifice for more of this one <3

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

i love this. floral and juicy. fresh and not powdery. i do think its a 25+ fragrance. sophisticated and flirty. maybe a little too fun for work. i must say though that it is very expensive and because of that i probably wont own it. definately a favorite of mine.

my husband thinks its fruity.

Profumanta
Profumanta

This perfume is just too heady that it becomes annoying. It never lets go, it's like someone singing the high C note in a soprano voice all the time, for hours on end.

Chiropeg
Chiropeg

Smells like your date is arriving with very fresh bunch of flowers and champagne. The eau de parfum is so strong on initial sprintz that it's quite heady, yet it lasts for hours! It's worth being initially overwhelmed.

dipisor
dipisor

I think this is a youthful and playful fragrance. It's suitable for a spring day. I smell a lot of Lily of the Valley in it, which I adore. It's very longlasting on my skin. I like it, even though I'm almost 36...:).

Sugarzd
Sugarzd

I received J'adore as a Christmas gift when I was 22. Although I liked it, it wasn't love at first sniff. I wasn't crazy about the scent itself, however I couldn't resist the way it made me FEEL. Sophisticated! Confident! Like walking into a room and owning it. Remember Charlize Theron strutting her stuff in the commercial...that was me! lol Forget about all the compliments I received from both men and women. It's one of those perfumes that smells "expensive". And yet I never repurchased...maybe I wasn't at the right age to fully appreciate it. But I'm pretty sure J'adore and I will cross paths again someday.

dhya
dhya

This is one of my favorite perfume! Now I temporarily stopped wearing it since one of my friends (not close one) also wear it at office! Haha

But I still well keep it on my wardrobe as my precious one!

It is sweet floral perfume that will give you softness sensation of jasmine, fruits and a hint of musk. If you like jasmine..you will like it!

Soo elegant
soo sexy
Loove this so much and always have it in stock.

Good Silage and long lasting on me, up to 10 hours

scenturian
scenturian

EDP Review.
This is masterpiece without doubt.
Class A.
Fruity floral woody, slightly sweet and powdery, quite complex, but not fresh at all.
I can say it is between Chanel Coco Mademoiselle and Dior Dune.
Highly recommended.
Good longevity and projection.
For elegant class woman who knows what she wants, definetely not for kids.
I want to have one also for myself, but doesnt mean it is masculine, I just love this scent.

Lola-sweet
Lola-sweet

Its gorgeous, i get alot of compliements on this.

StarAtlas
StarAtlas

What a poignant and lovely review, Indorm.

I love that fragrances do this to us, evoking such longing, associating time and place with smell, making our synapses fire in the same place in our brains recalling the same memories and emotions each time. The strongest of all of our senses that are attached to memory. Giving us our humanity.

J'adore is my signature. I simply adore it. It sends me to some other-worldly garden of sparking fruits and dew dripping blossoms. It makes me feel as though there is no other women on earth like myself sexual, sensual and in control(I guess except for maybe the other thousands of women on planet earth that wear it.) A wee bit confident, yes? Thankfully, there is no one that I know that wears this.

I try to find fragrances similar to this but almost always fail. I always enjoy magnolia in the scents I wear and I have found very few that have the same aquatic - but floral - but warm feel to it. The only thing I can *kind of* compare it to is BBW's Magnolia Blossom, which is discontinued. That was one of my absolute favorites a few years back.

Anyone know of anything that has magnolia as a top note and is aquatic in nature? I am weary of searching...

Centsless
Centsless

I love the warm golden fragrance of J'adore. Elegant and sexy. I like wearing it in the summer especially because unlike a lot of perfumes, J'adore does nicely in the heat/humidity/sweat on my skin. If I had to pick ONE scent to wear forever, it would be J'adore.

Catty

My husband came from a Business trip and gave me this perfume yesterday, telling that the scent reminds me.

I never smelled this scent before!!! and it´s simply gorgeous, very very feminine, soft, fine ...perfect composition, very lady like.

J´adore is a big surprise for me and from yesterday on, a scent with a unforgettable meaning in my life.

Highly recommended!

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

At age 30, I have FINALLY tried this.

I definitely see what all the fuss is about now - which is part of the reason I've ignored this beauty for so long to be honest. Generally I tend to dismiss anything that's worn by every second woman in the western world, and especially anything that's advertised all the time...especially at Xmas by department stores. I figured J'adore was just another "everybody has this" scent which in my mind surely meant two things - Safe & Boring.

I was wrong.

In *no* way is this perfume what I'd call safe - we all know too well that nothing big on fruit is "safe" because if your body chemistry rejects it, you're not going to smell good (sorry to be so blunt but it's true).

Fortunately, my body chemistry loves this stuff! It's as fruity as it is floral, it's as floral as it is musky, and it seems to evolve more and more the longer it's on my skin. Plum here, Violet there, Pear here, Jasmine there, Berries here, Magnolia there - and so on. Throw in some musk and vanilla and VOILA, you have J'adore!

This is obviously a classic perfume by now - and I can honestly see why. It's a timeless, complicated, classy concoction of Juicy fruit chewing gum, expensive flowers and sweet, yummy vanilla musky goodness! I *LOVE* this ♥

The scent itself, the silage, the longevity and the projection justifies the price tag in my opinion. Very worthy perfume of the Dior family. I can see why so many women have this as their signature scent :) It's perfect.

indorm
indorm

I loved J'adore. It is a beautiful, feminine and perfectly happy fragrance, but my memories linked to it are not at all happy. Mine was in a beautiful bottle, a limited edition: J'adore was written in the gold, so that the letters were transparent and the perfume you could see through them looked like a shiny, golden liquid. I kept the bottle after I'd used it all, for the memories. Someone I care a lot about gave it to me, but because he suffers from PTSD as a result of war combat, we can't be together (his choice, surely not mine). In an attempt to get over it I fled to Asia where I still live, the past few years in Japan. The bottle was on a shelf in my bathroom two years ago when the 3/11 earthquake happened. When I got home by 12:30 that morning (it was a struggle, as all transport in Tokyo had stopped), I picked up the books and potted plants that had fallen on the floor, closed the cupboard doors that had swung open, and then noticed that my beautiful Dior bottle had disappeared without a trace. I still don't know what happened to it. The earthquake led to the giver of the perfume getting very worried about me, and us spending a week together again, but sadly only the week.

I'll probably never wear J'adore again.

Not really a review, sorry, but now I feel better for having told my own J'adore story.

Gelicasf
Gelicasf

This is an absolute luxurious perfume! It has a lovely "golden" glow about it and it makes me feel sexy and beautiful every time I put it on! Just an all occasion type perfume.

masrizalrikifariki
masrizalrikifariki

just got one bottle from a friend working at Dior..i found this quite suitable for mens too...i'm wearing it now & smells like mens fragrance after an hour. J'adore for Men it is!

saintleegray
saintleegray

I remember smelling this years ago when it first came out on a shopping trip with a cousin, and I didn't understand the fuss. I thought it was overly strong and way, way too floral.

Cue forward, and going through diferent perfumes with the notes I love, this one keeps coming up, so I thought I might try it again, I ordered a small sample and am SO glad I did! This is LOVELY, seriously heavenly. I normally loathe floral, flowery scents. This has definite floral tones, but its not overwhelming. As with most perfumes, it does (or should) adjust somewhat to your body chemistry. On my wrist, after applying just a drop or two, this starts out as a sweet, warm floral, definitely jasmine. After just a few minutes, I can pick out the fruity notes, but they aren't cheap or overly sweet, they blend beautifully with the white florals, the effect is just amazing. I cannot stop smelling myself.

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor
DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

A beautiful floral musk symphony. This smells nearly identical to Elizabeth Arden's Pretty on my mother. Though I must say Pretty is stronger whilst J'adore is refined and very French. It really is lovely and the softness makes it perfect for work or lunch outings. For the price the longevity and sillage could be better
but it is still a very nice feminine fragrance. I detect pear, melon and tuberose mostly on my mother along with the freesia, magnolia and rose. It smells so heavenly when she enters a room, just like her it is warm, ladylike and lovable. Ethereal, effervescent, bubbly and quickly evaporated like fine champagne.

Minnija
Minnija

really sorry to all j'adore lovers, but for my nose this is one of the worst perfumes ever, it smells so cheap like 10$ cologne in drugstore. always when I feel any J'adores version on somebody, i always think " Oh god...again this awful perfume.."... I don't know why I so much hate scent of the all J'adores , but I really hate it. I was giving for myself a lot of chances to make love it, but no no no no....

sandra9
sandra9

One of my mom's favorite. Just wonderful. It's so elegant. Every woman should have such a perfume.

becca.rose95
becca.rose95

My mom owns this fragrance and I believe it's her second favorite out of all her collection (her first favorite is the Bronze Goddess by Estee Lauder). This definitely is a gorgeous smell, and every time I smell it I always think of my mom. We will sometimes share this fragrance. It's so classy and so pretty, it really makes you feel like a true woman. And the bottle is the coolest design. I was never a fan of Dior fragrances because usually they are quite strong, but this is absolutely amazing - not too strong or heavy at all. Beautiful scent!

marily
marily

The most popular fragrance to all ages,wearable and likeable fragrance!!!! You feel elegant and too confident wearing it!!!! It's an old time classic fragrance....J'adore is what its name is,you're gonna adore it straight away!!!!

terigurl
terigurl

I like J'adore, I like the fruity,flowery yet fresh scent. I'm glad to have it part of my collection. However, I feel like something is missing from the scent. Like it's incomplete or something. I still wear it from time to time but it's not my go to perfume.

appyfaerie
appyfaerie

J'adore is quite pretty, so I can understand why it has been so popular for so long. Unfortunately, it is also rather forgettable and safe. I tend to shy away from overly popular fragrances, but if your only aim is to smell good, you could certainly do worse than this scent.

Lazaro
Lazaro

I might be disappointed of this fragrance ... but no, I just made good friends with her after the good times you've had under this escense. I know her since I was 12 years in a reporting country where many do not pay attention to this type of things and where to buy this kinds of perfume can cost several days of good food. jadore was my gift of 21 years .... and they all love it ... even those who do not know should you turn and tell me the soft scent of white flowers and magnificents bottle design ... I can only say that those who are attracted to something you want to leave a mark .... jadore choose not regret ...
Because trust me.....Every bottle Tells a different kind of history....

fartico
fartico

Glamorous!

stormyla
stormyla

I've tried this fragrance 6 or 7 times. It has a strange harsh mish mash of fruits and florals at the opening. It never gets sunny and golden. It becomes a dull forgettable soft floral of the type that can be bought very cheaply at any drugstore. It has no sillage despite lavish application and completely disappears within 3 hours. There are three remarkable things about this fragrance, the lovely bottle, the popularity and the price.

kneelachowdurry
kneelachowdurry

I am a 20 year old female and don't find this to be too mature for me. I think it's more about confidence rather than age. My body heat and chemistry mixes well with this scent which is probably why Im one of those reviewers that like it!!

It is very floral just as everyone else has mentioned. I also smell the vanilla as well. This is not a gourmand scent, just more of a gardenia flower smell, but intensified.

I am quite happy that I settled on buying a 1.7oz bottle rather than a huge one that wouldve costed much more. This is definitly an everyday smell and this perfum takes it a step further from a clean soapy smell. I love those cozy scents like Design by paul sebastion, the ones that smell like a bunch of wonderful scents that we all know and love.

I feel this scent is well blended and keeps getting better the longer I wear it. And to be honest, who cares if many other people smell the same? It's like wearing the same dress/shirt as someone else. It's more important who wears it better than the fact that it's a repeat. Just make sure you're the better one before you wear it.lol

Anatares
Anatares

Great floral! Lovely and feminine. A bit too popular but definitely recommended.

Iluvsmellies
Iluvsmellies

J'Adore is a pleasant soapy fruity floral. That's really all I can say. It is a good all rounder as it will not offend and doesn't shout. Merely J'Aime for me. I am wearing it today and if I find myself suddenly moved or pining for it again tomorrow, I'll update.

DivotDiva
DivotDiva

The SA at Macy's sprayed some on me today at 3:30. I wanted to like it....I want to like it.....but I don't think it matches my skin chemistry well. It's also now 6:00 and I can barely detect any left. I didn't notice any golden scent shimmering on my skin, either. It seemed very floral (didn't get peaches) and slightly synthetic. The bottle is pretty but I didn't fall in love or like with the fragrance. Maybe will try again another day.

Lakambini
Lakambini

How anyone could speak ill of this lovely fragrance is beyond me. J’Adore is a scent that simply WORKS, a wonderful combination of pear, melon, jasmine and fresh peach, with all components nicely balanced out. It’s true that with bottles that aren’t well kept, the fragrance can acquire a slightly sour or even bitter note, but really, that’s not about the scent itself so much as people’s bad habits. Perhaps its popularity and the beauty of the bottle and the always tastefully executed ad campaigns are the fragrance’s "undoing" – with so many women wearing J’Adore (I’ve found it in the bathrooms of friends from age 18 to 75, but mostly women in the older, more affluent bracket) it’s bound to collect negative associations. This was an instant bestseller and is already a beloved classic.

mluckyg
mluckyg

Very strong white flowers tuberose and very sweet fruity scent at the same time. The tuberose is creamy and sweet. The fruits I smell most are pear and melon. Great silliage and great longevity. Smells very perfumy.
Like the bottle design.

hintay
hintay

its too old for me , i really dont like Lancome and Dior perfume . My mom has La Dolche Vita by Dior, I swear I hate it so much and this one I still dont like

melissa3888
melissa3888

I want to love it--and so much of it does work. But it turns into a little bit of a fender-bender as it gets a bit of a pee smelling undertone to it. I saw on another review that someone has an issue with tuberose, and that may be the culprit here for me. Or, freesia is a hard sell for me as well. Never a fan.
All in all, I like it on other women, but just not for me. So sad.

mamufa
mamufa

synthetic peaches, that's all I smell. maybe for teenagers, but not for that price.
If I didn't know, I would never say it's Dior.
Very dissapointing scent

reeree1
reeree1

One word, gorgeous!

haranna85
haranna85

Compote!!! Boiled fruit juice. Don't like it at all.

edna maria de lima rocha
edna maria de lima rocha

amorrrrrrrrrr eterno..sempreeee

stjernesol
stjernesol

Gives med strong headache, it screeches on me for 8 hours. Smells like an expencive lady-soap, but loud and irritating. After ten hours, it finally smelled powdery and comforting, enwrapping and sweet, in the right way, but then the scent was fading away.

If you get headaches and nauscea from strong scents, avoid this, doesnt help to put on just a little bit either, it is loud and yelling "look at me" in any way I try it on.
I got relly sick every time I tried it on, migrena and sick stomach.

On a co-worker at the kindergarten, it smells wonderful, beautiful and extremely lovely, like white, sweet flowers, a bit vanilla like, creamy, powdery, comforting and sexy at the same time, it complements her in a way it lays soft right underneath her own scent as en complimentary, superduper feminin additive to her own scent. Like gardenia mixed with a hint of Yasmin, mimosa and vanilla.
(I dont get it! I want to smell like that!)

I have never experienced a perfume so complekse and different on different bodychemistry, I would not believed it was the same scent.

On me, as i said, like a bad soap, with no change out through the day.

TRY BEFORE BUY!

dovey
dovey

I've always wanted to like it but I couldn't !!!!
it smells like an expensive perfume but not unique

madgefan
madgefan

Bought this for my mom. She loves it. It's a very nice scent. It's a bit sharp though and gives me a slight headache. Still, it stands out as a unique fragrance.

Clws
Clws

On my skin it has a mild sharpness that is slightly jarring. Poison does this as well on me. Pity, because it smells quite lovely from the bottle.

cwolf
cwolf

A friend gave me a little mini bottle. I didn't recognise it from the juice I really liked as a teenager, yes, lo and behold it has been reformulated. The nose knows.
The new J'adore is a bit weak and synthetic smelling, especially for the price and the label.
Its just okay, I'd say.

sarah.r.sahib
sarah.r.sahib

J'adore..J'adore..J'adore , what can I say about J'adore , I really love n adore this perfume , this is my dreaming perfume every season and every day , magical , charming , femminine ,i own J'adore EDP , EDT and L'eau n abosoutly LOVE them all . thanks Christian Dior :)

M.Golightly
M.Golightly

This is my mother and sister's favourite fragrance. It evokes the woman of the tropics. It gives them an aura of a sexy, delicate, and elegant woman.

taylorlynn
taylorlynn

I've really grown to love J'adore. When I first smelled it a few years ago I didn't like it, but just recently I decided to try it again and now it's become my signature scent. It reminds me a little bit of Hawaiian Ginger by Calgon, but much lighter. To me, this scent is very tropical. When I smell it I think of a bubbly, sparkling glass of pineapple wine mixed with hawaiian flowers. It's a very pretty scent - totally inoffensive. Good for any age (18+). And lasts quite a while, especially on clothes. The bottle is very classy as well. I recommend J'adore to any girl/woman who loves tropical/bright scents. It's sweet, light & fresh, fruity, and floral - a little bit of everything.

jckp27
jckp27

I LOVE this scent!! It's very fruity and a bit sweet. It smells quite like Acqua Di Gio, my mother wears it. Its quite expensive though but someday I MUST have it!

Soutty123
Soutty123

I bought this on a bit of a whim. I sprayed it and really liked the crisp freshness of it. When I've walked past people on the street wearing this I always think it smells really pleasant.

However, after a few hours of wear I find it really annoying. The crispness becomes screechy.

Yesterday I was in a meeting for 2.5 hours with a woman who was wearing this. She was very abrasive, distracted as I was by her perfume which had filled the large air conditioned boardroom, it struck me how well this perfume suited her.

If you like cold shrill perfumes and you want people to smell you from a mile away in a "I AM HERE!" way then this will be for you. Otherwise I would give it a miss.

Pooja37
Pooja37

Got a generous sample of this along with a few other Dior parfums when I bought my bottle of Hypnotic Poison couple of days ago.

Spritzed it on today and I found it refreshing, initially and then rather floral woody to the extent that it reminds me of Valentino's 'Valentino' - read... no sweetness in sight. Zero, zilch, nada. Like a good chilled dry white wine.

But then Dior being the formidable name it is, the lasting power and the quality are incomparable with most others out there, Valentino included.

So classy, this would probably be wonderful for someone who abhors sweet perfumes and prefers green florals. Like a day in the Sun, walking barefoot on soft grass and stopping to sniff the flowers once in a while... with that glass of chilled white wine in hand ;)

dragenpuff
dragenpuff

Oh, J'adore, how I miss you... I was gifted a small 7.5ml bottle this when I was still in lower secondary school, and I remember finding it a little too adult for me, although I liked the smell of it. Now, however, I would love another small bottle.

kismetdaisy
kismetdaisy

Used to own this one. Was a gift from a boyfriend. He never smelled it, nor did I, so it wa a blind buy. We both hated it. Not to offend anyone, but I never understood why this one was so popular. It's rather bland to my nose. There's something like a white floral sharpness that really bothers me when I smell this perfume. Very sharp and lightly musky. Can't put my finger on it, but i just dislike it so much. Not my thing. Price is ridiculous. The bottle and packaging are even quite tacky looking. Just sayin. Ehhh.

modelleigh

i really like jdore. i had the bottle and the tiny bottle to take with me in my bag. I really like this scent. no one ever mentioned they didnt like it on me (someone once mentioned that miss dior smelled bad when i was wearing it) I dont think it smells synthetic. I hate the commercial for the fact that marlyin monroe was in it but everyone knows she wore chanel no.5...

I always felt this fragrance was more approproiate at night.

i tend to like coco mademoiselle for day and djore dior at night.

modelleigh

I always felt this fragrance was more approproiate at night.

i tend to like coco mademoiselle for day and djore dior at night.

LoveForYMCMB
LoveForYMCMB

J'adore, j'adore j'adore, sadly you don't work with my skin chemistry, you smell like rotten synthetic pear and rotten apples, plus you're expensive and i would never buy you.

Bedhead
Bedhead

Not Dior's best, but definitely not his worst either! A pleasant scent that wears well, nice bright florals, not too cloying, but nothing that will stand out in a good or a bad way. Definitely not overbearing like some of the Dior scents, and I could see this one lasting for decades on the market because it's nice and neutral, like Switzerland.

Yah-el
Yah-el

I don't know why I love this fragrance so much, but I do. It's one of those fragrances that I find myself constantly sniffing (wherever I sprayed it) throughout the day because I love its scent so much. I have no fancy critiques to add, nor do I know all the technical lingo about describing this perfume; all I can say is – "J'adore!" (which is French for "I love!").

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

I love the advertising for this fragrance, especially the longer version MTV type advertisement that they have on the Dior site itself for J'ADORE. However, the actual perfume doesn't match the image that they are creating in their print ads - or in their TV commercials/MTV-Type Ads.

Its not that this fragrance reeks or is displeasing, but it doesn't have that "Wow Factor" that I want when I choose a signature scent.

This could boil down to a "chemistry thing" - but on my skin, J'ADORE turns into something that smells like an over powering dose of shampoo. It is clean and fresh - but the aroma is kind of "common", not really something that I would invest in to wear as a perfume. On my skin, it also smells almost as if you could have purchased this in a drugstore.

A lot of people really like this, so it just may be my chemistry reacting to how this sits on my skin, but I think that Dior has a lot better "creations" out there... such as Poison, Pure Poison, and the other perfumes in the Poison collection. I also really like the grapefruit scent that I tried and reviewed by Dior, Dior Addict Eau Fraiche Dior for women.

But try this yourself. It doesn't set up well on my skin - and just turns into an over glorified "shampoo" smell.

Got this back in 2000, along with Pleasures. Nice scent but I think I over did it back in the day and cant bring bring myself to repurchase again, and because I can weed this scent out on anyone(too common)

SUHAD
SUHAD

I can't get enough of this scent❤

ecp
ecp

Oh so feminine. Gentle, fresh, sweet flowers. I love it. It's easy for me to wear anytime. Not overpowering, just right. It lasts on me for 6-7 hours. Classic.

shubha.juyal
shubha.juyal

It caught my eye first when i saw Charlize Theron's advert. Next i saw it in a mall. The bottle was lovely...this was in 2006. But could never convince myself enough to buy it as I was more into younger perfumes then.
Now finally last year(2012) in December I received this as a gift.

Verdict -
1.A very likable fragrance.

2.Suitable time of wearing - both day & night but mostly day.

3.Suitable climate - Spring/summer.

4.Sillage - Open area - 1/2 feet max, Enclosed room - 5/6 feet...may even fill the room!

5.Longevity - it depends on body chemistry and temperature...so may vary from 3 hrs minimum to maximum 8 hours....longer on clothes.

What you may smell the most - melon+jasmine+rose... eventually peach and tuberose...

very floral scent...a bit fruity...I do not get the musk or cedar as much I would want...

8/10... great scent!!

phantompoet
phantompoet

smells just like shampoo and lotion on me. I love the bottle though

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Ho hum, I can't summon up more enthusiasm for this scent, it just seems a bit bland. I'm reminded of the tepid water left in the bottom of a sink in a public loo, after using the soap dispenser.

The 'people who like this might like..' recommendations on the left are fairly accurate, I'm not keen on Chance, Coco Mademoiselle and Hypnotic Poison either

freddinos
freddinos

I am not a fan of J'Adore, on me it smells dirty and un-fresh, almost repulsive. The bottle is amazing though!

songbrdgrl
songbrdgrl

This perfume turned out to be completely disappointing. I was first introduced to it by a salesperson at a Dior counter, who sprayed it on my wrists.
For the first half hour or so of wearing this, I was in love. I felt feminine, beautiful and sexy. The first note that I smelled was Jasmine......but as time went by, Jasmine was the only note I smelled. It became increasingly cloying; neither calming down nor evolving to reveal its base notes. Hours and hours after having J'Adore first applied, I still smelled overwhelmingly of Jasmine. Extremely cloying. Avoid if you tend to get headaches from perfumes with florals.

Arielrose
Arielrose

It's funny how my sense of what smells good to me has changed over the years. When I first smelled this back when it was initially released I thought it was amazing! I wanted it so much, but didn't have a lot of money to spend, so never bought it. Now, when I smell it again - it honestly doesn't smell much different than a fruity-floral shampoo scent! Either my nose has changed or something, because back in the day it was a mouth-watering delicious creation. Don't get me wrong, this doesn't smell BAD - it's pleasant enough but boring to me. Ah, well - at least I can save my money on this ;)

RZ
RZ

Dunno why I think it smells very Synthetic , goes straight to my head n gives me a migraine......

wilbs
wilbs

I feel something akin to social anxiety when wearing J'Adore.

My experience can only be described as one who is anticipating an intimate dinner with a friend. You've brought them a bottle of expensive cab sav and a bunch of flowers; roses, freesias, jasmine and others equally beautiful, however uncommon for a florist.

You stand at the familiar door. You knock. The door swings open and you're confronted by a group of strangers - amongst them, your friend. As your mutual friend does the awkward round of introduction, you're nauseated by the fume that is their fruity moscato breaths. It mixes with your flowers which they crush as they lean in to kiss you wetly on both cheeks.

In the living room, the cheese and greens platter before you of browning pear and a particularly sharp blue cheese only add to the sensory confusion.

Essentially, stifling uncomfortableness at a party in which too many ingredients are invited. Unfortunately, I do not J'adore.

Darkfemme
Darkfemme

This is a very feminine scent, it is soothing and comforting without all the powdery stuff like other perfumes. I Belive this perfume is for the sophisticated, delicate, extra feminine woman. I am none of those, but I like it anyway for occasional, daytime wear.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

J'adore has all the hallmarks of a classy scent. The name, the House and the well crafted list of yummy ingredients.

A well groomed jasmine in polite conversation with a posh tuberose. Magnolia in the background politely whispering. A heavy sun-ripe pear surrounded with assorted other delicious fruits....and all the way in the dry down a cool freesia draped in perfect pose on a chaise longue of musk.

Yet on my skin she is a cold clinical beauty. An Ice Queen that refuses to warm up and mingle with my chemistry. Oh, she is pretty, but it's a pretty that is calculating and impersonal. On me the note evolvement happens all at once and leaves me the whole day with the same cold top notes.
A scent that feels frozen on my skin and although she is pretty I can't help feeling rather bored with it. We simply don't mix. I don't know what it is that keeps J'adore so distant on my chemistry since I adore (J'adore!) white flowers and fruit notes in a yummy construction of notes. But this Dior creation just won't be friendly to me.
Alas, despite all the adoration I was willing to offer this potion in its classy bottle, it was in vain. We parted ways and I doubt she even remembers who I am....

Silage is: Cool white florals - Longevity is: 7+ hours of Ice Queen cool (on me).

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

I am sorry to be so radical but I really dislike this perfume, I think it is too fruity in a yogurt flavour kind of way. I don't find it elegant, interesting or beautiful at all. It is everywhere in icecreams, mashmellows, candies and gumdrops not to mention candles, soaps and airfreshners. I don't pretend to be offensive to anybody, it is just that my nose can't recognize it as a perfume.

Can't believe it belongs to the same nose as Beyond Love...

Aina Harryna
Aina Harryna

Luxury perfumes but I dont like this scent. It suitable to mature women.

feely
feely

I only have a tester of this. Both times I sampled this on my wrists I've had to wash it off. So insanely sweet, it makes my teeth hurt!

den1011
den1011

After all the good reviews I'd read, I expected more from this perfume. I had so many expectations... I guess the reviews sort of blew it for me =) It's not a bad perfume, but it's not (to my taste) an exquisite one either. For me, it's lacking a bit of warmth, but that's very personal. I would wear it if someone gave it to me as a present, but I wouldn't go and buy it. Overall, an OK elegant spring fragrance.

Fonna
Fonna

Imagine this:
A well groomed, very handsome guy, is making a play for you. You are intrigued by his style and elegance. You agree to meet for a rendezvous. His name is so alluring....Joe Dur'e
When you meet, he hands you some pears and some sliced melons in a grocery bag. No flowers, no passionate kiss. Then decides he wants to watch the football game, kicks off his shoes, pops his feet onto your Ikea coffee table, then falls asleep, thusly.
....and there he is, looking great seated on your sofa while you stand there looking at him winsomely, holding the plastic bag of pears and melons.

Disappointing...unexciting.....but thank goodness it was only a sample.

TwilightAngel19
TwilightAngel19

I absolutely love J'Adore!! (It's I love in French)The gold bottle reminds me of something or someone glamorous, classic, and sexy. It's not too strong and light; the jasmine really caresses my nose and senses. It's something I would wear often, but not every day. It's just one of those days when you feel empowered, strong, and vibrant. You just need this to sustain that. I want this soooooooooooo badly! Ever since I smelled this 3 years ago (I know right?!) It's amazing!

janalednova
janalednova

I feel too young for this one. Smells nice but doesn't suite me at all.

Linzyb
Linzyb

To me, this is very pretty but I think I was expecting something more. I think it's hyped up and way too pricey for what it is. Smells like a pretty, sweet floral to me. That's all. I like the clean pear smell and I love that I can smell the magnolia in this, even if it's hiding behind the sweet Peary jasmine. It's nice. Maybe my nose isn't as refined as it should be. I kinda feel bad like I should appreciate this more. It's pretty but I won't buy it. Too much money. Sorry to everyone who thinks this is god's gift of perfume. I'll wear it until my sample runs out but I wouldn't buy unless I got a great deal on it. Does anyone know of a perfume that will blow my mind? I'm still a newbie and I'd really love to know of a fruity floral that will blow me away. Any suggestions? Sorry if my lack of perfume knowledge may offend anyone who really appreciates this scent.
Update: wore this again today, it IS very pretty and it lasts a long time. Still, I don't think it has that something special I'm looking for. Not for the price anyway. I wouldn't mind spending this much if I'm in love with a scent. Does anyone know of a cheap dupe of this?
2nd update!: ok, maybe I should wear a scent at least a few times before I review it! It hasn't changed at all, I just can't stop wearing it! There's something very addicting, to me, in this! It's also a bonus that my hubby came downstairs after I put this on today and grabbed me from behind and took a big whiff and said I smelled "goooood"! Bonus! What the hell is in this? I keep smelling it and going to it before my other scents! Crazy! Guess I shouldn't have spoken so soon. Not a signature for me but I think I will buy this one! I smell goooood!

kathyga
kathyga

This is sweeter than you thought, it is not as big women as the commercial shows. But the low key elegant feature made this a perfect everyday appearance. admittedly this is the best bottle I have ever had.

fdmc
fdmc

This scent is very special for me because it was the first perfume I had and also was given to me by a very important person for me.
J'adore is One of the best perfumes in my collection.
This perfume has already become am icon of perfumery, I think of him as the scent of the Divas and Goddesses.
Everything starts with a bottle extremely beautiful and elegante smell when is magnificent liquid can see that has a smell very feminine, sedutive and refined.
The longevity of this perfume is huge (last all day) and sillage is quite powerful.
I Love this perfume and recommend.

LeisaSch
LeisaSch

This is a fresh and pretty summer/spring daytime fragrance for me. Opens strongly with the mandarin and bergamot - then the mild sweeter fruits and soft florals appear.

J'adore is a sweet citrusy floral that smells delicate and classy. Light and easy to wear.

irenesa
irenesa

Amazing amazing amazing on me. This perume was my signature smell cor yers but now i got tired of it, so I stop using it for a few years. I think I could use it again.
this is a crispy fragrance, fresh, luminous! glamorous, mature jey playful and sophisyicated!! what a dream! it works for all seasons!

peekaboow
peekaboow

I think its the only floral-fruity scent I love so far, I mean LOVE, big time!
I'm surprised to find how I do enjoy the peach scent here..its fresh and not sour, just fresh and sweet.. Then the waves of white floral that's just beautiful..

Not that elegant nor seductive nor sexy, but feels very much like a friendly and pretty girl nextdoor, we can certainly be friends for life!

Longevity is good, especially on cloth (yeah off course) but on my skin this lasts pretty long too.. Sillage is okay too.

Chio268
Chio268

A beautiful, innoffensive floral scent perfect for everyday wear. A bit plain though, it's not something I'd consider buying as there are many more exciting and rich florals out there.

ladyconsistency89
ladyconsistency89

The J'adore perfume bottle presentation is fantastic to display on your vanity. The scent is a irresitable blend of rose and sambac jasmine. 2 of the most possibly loved flowers across the globe.

solbrasil

Totally agree with Jewongonlee and svacant...i cannot get why so many people likes it...so nauseating...the lady at dillards said they dont give samples, so tried in my arm to see if hubby would like it...oh my oh my, what a torture driving back home...hardly could wait to be able to wash that off...nauseating and something there that just dont go well ...

Jeongwonlee12
Jeongwonlee12

this has a headache-inducing and overwhelmingly-floral scent. instead of smelling naturally beautiful this one smells too much like a perfume. i don't get why people love this so much.

svansant74
svansant74

I was not impressed. It doesn't smell bad, but there is something that was just a bit "off" for me when I tried it on. My initial impression was of rose and lily of the valley with an added greenness, but after that, the blend just didn't sit right on me and I couldn't wait to wash it off. My recommendation would be to try it on your skin before buying it, as it seems it really wears differently on each individual.

lena_alb
lena_alb

i don't like this one but i have it.i have 75 ml bottle and i only used 5 ml. or smt like that. i want to swap this perfume if you are interested in please contact with me.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

This is a LOVELY scent, blooming jasmine, rose, and a bit of sweetness, maybe pear. The middle stages go through a slightly soapy phase, but that passes and it goes back to more of its opening character after a while. It's a nice, feminine, fragrant cloud of white, sweet, rosy-jasmine goodness. Silage is good, and it lasts for several hours on me. While it does eventually fade from my skin, I can still smell it on my clothing the next day. It does make me sneeze a bit, so I probably wouldn't wear it frequently. Nonetheless, J'adore is definitely a classic, and I can see what all the fuss is about. Wish I'd tried it earlier!

BeautifulDynamite
BeautifulDynamite

Okay I'll be honest.

I loved this perfume when I was 19. It smelled so graceful and beautiful. But now that I try it out (i'm 23 btw), the magic of that seems to have gone for me. Kinda saddens me. :( It's a pretty smell, but a bit too light for my taste. Idk maybe it was an old tester or something.

If it has better sillage I would've gotten it. Must try another sample..

fumelover
fumelover

Not a review but I am a bit confused. I tried a sample at Sephora the other day and loved it. But I also tried it at Macy's and hated it. It was like testing two different perfumes and I double checked that it was J'adore EDP and not a flanker.

Then I see here, that the notes include plum, blackberry and musk which I totally detected (and hated) in the Macy's version.

But on the Dior site, these are the notes listed for J'adore:

Ylang-Ylang
Damask Rose
Samback Jasmine

In the Sephora sample, it's light and flowery and fresh, like a fresh bouquet of flowers. Not boozy like the Macy's sample. I've noticed on several different sites that the notes are different. I guess I have to try before I buy to make sure I get the light and bright version. Was there a reformulation to the original?

rohmhild
rohmhild

I hate it somehow... i can not really understand why people wear this. Soooo boring.

Lulutupelo
Lulutupelo

I love this fragrance. I have the EDP, however, and it doesn't last long enough to be worth the price. This is my first Christian Dior, and I am sadly disappointed. It seems to be watered down, unlike Chanel fragrances which have a longer scent life. I would recommend going for any Chanel EDP if you are determined to spend $100 on a perfume.

QBee
QBee

Given to me as a gift.
Classic scent. Using this for special occasions or at night time.
At first try, found this to be too strong, it even gave me a headache.
Even after taking a bath, I could still smell it on my skin. On my second time using it, loved the scent, it has a lasting effect & lovely mature scent. Definitely a keeper.

julieanneh
julieanneh

I've tested this a few times now.
I've really tried to like this fume.
Its just not me. To me its lacking something to make it unique and interesting. I'm pretty sure I don't like the aquatic note in it. For the price I'd want it to have better projection and lasting power.
The first 30 to 60 minutes it is strong and "nice", but then it fades and sits very close to the skin. On me it lasts approximately 3 hours. It is still ever so faintly still detectable, but barely. For such a pricey perfume it has disappointed me greatly.
If you love it great, wear and enjoy.

Fragrance Lover Forever
Fragrance Lover Forever

I really like it, infact this is the only perfume I like from Dior (no, actually I love this one and I like Poison and Hypnotic Poison). I think the other Dior fragrances are too stong for me, Im sorry but thats what I feel.

nomi77
nomi77

as Dior have so many versions of this perfume the fragrance i poses is the simple j, adore it makes me feeling cold even in UAE summer there is some thing icy in it . very different and classy

cherie97
cherie97

I wasn't sure if I wanted to review this fragrance. Ever. I feel too young, too little to even try to describe this.

It's like a Holy Grail to me, literally.
A masterpiece.

I got to know J'Adore because of my mom. She bought it for herself a few years ago.
The bottle is simply gorgeous and classic. It reminds me of vintage perfume bottles. It looks quite like a piece of art on shelf. I love golden cup and crystal-like ending of it, looking like a jewel in all this gold.
If I could describe myself using a bottle of perfumes to do that, I would definitely pick J'Adore's :)Feminine, elegant and strong at the same time. Timeless.

The scent is bright, quite heavy but in a good way.
I wouldn't wear this in the morning, but it's a perfect pick for evenings and special occasions.
Opens up with burst of citruses, I can definitely detect some bergamote and orange. It gets quite bitter as the time goes. The rose is very nice here, as well as lilly. The drydown is strong.

J'Adore does have a killing lasting power. It's hard to wash it off - not that I ever want to - and hard to forget too. It's a memorable scent, that is recognizable and one of a kind I guess.

It is a little too strong for me to become my everyday scent, I think my nose is oversensitive for some weird reason, and while I love different scents all around me, I like mine to be a little more quiet and closer to my skin.
I'm thinking of trying EDT, but have no idea how it will work for me.

Definitely going to purchase my own bottle of J'Adore EDP though.
Perfect fragrance.

Skye Wortley
Skye Wortley

This is an amazing fragrance, a classic must-have!!! It is glamorous, feminine and elegant! It is a great combination of sweet white flowers: Jasmine and tuberose, Floral notes: ylang-ylang and rose, and fruity notes: pear, peach and plum. The perfume is long lasting, enjoyable and addictive; i can't stop smelling my wrist! The flacon is also very beautiful! This fragrance is great!!!

pippab
pippab

J'adore sure is a sweet white floral powerhouse! The sillage and staying power are right up there and a little sure does go a long way! It's a modern and extreme fragrance - very much like Fragonard Belle de Nuit, but deeper and more rounded. I'm not in love with the fragrance, but the bottle is one of the very best - high quality, heavy and stylish.

kikiena01
kikiena01

I don't know, this perfume reminds me of so many other perfumes - Incandessence by Avon (mostly), Paris Hilton by Paris Hilton and one of the Incanto scents by Salvatore Ferragamo (Bliss or Bloom). So that's it. Nothing special for me.

I like perfumes that smell different and this does not have that special "something" I am looking for. But it's nice every-day scent, for sure. Elegant, feminine, gentle and inoffensive ;)

GREETING FROM THE CZECH REPUBLIC! :)

rita.m
rita.m

elegant ,,,classy
عطر خلاب ,,جمييييييل

gabriel.villa
gabriel.villa

I adore this perfume. J'adore is something so beautiful, so beautiful, that made me fall in love with in the very moment when I smelled it for the first time. And its name describes so well everything that the perfume makes me feel...

It's very special in many ways. It's strong, sexy, elegant... for the woman who wants to get attention, for the woman who knows she is going to be even more beautiful wearing this perfume. It has in its drops such a great history, being so important to the house of Dior, and all of the advertisements J’adore received are so beautiful like the perfume itself... this fragrance discovers us.

It opens with something that reminds me wildflowers. It's because of the magnolia and the bergamot together with the mandarine orange; the mentioned flower obviously gives the perfume a floral scent and the fruits make it a little bit citrus and fresh, so always when I spray it I feel as if I was holding a great bouquet of wildflowers. It's also powdery in the beginning, but that fades a little bit quickly. The perfume is getting musky instead of powdery. The other fruit which I smell in the beginning of this perfume is the peach, which is really sweet and gives a sophisticad thing to the fragrance. And I also detect the watery tone of the melon, really good here. In the middle of the perfume we have a combination of many flowers, such as rose, tuberose, violet, orchid and jasmine, and a little bit of plum. In this part of the scent it seems to be darker than its inicial part: when I spray it I also have the impressive feeling of smelling a bright scent, like the gold represented in the bottle, and later it gets more "night life", like a woman who dress herself up, gets beautiful and goes out at night. In the end, some cedar, basicly, which takes the perfume to its end in a perfect way from the "night life" floral scent to the woodsy final act of this amazing show. The musk leaves a beautiful scent in the skin after the hours, too.

The longevity is perfect, we smell like this bouquet of flowers for many hours after spraying it, we can trust we are smelling great because it’s strong and long lasting. The projection is fantastic too, I smell this perfume in the air all the time when I wear it. Just make sure you wear this by night. There are those who spray J’adore on by day, but I don’t think it’s a good idea, because this perfume is really heavy. Specially if the day is sunny. It might make you feel uncomfortable and damage your skin under the sun.

One of the best and strongest perfumes I have ever found. A classic masterpiece which was brought to life to be out there forever, to be suitable with lots of people, in many ages, with many styles, but specially with the woman who adores to be classy and beautiful.

tinaelisa

For those who miss the original j'adore edp, before it was reformulated:
I feel that the j'adore hair mist, still smells the same to me like the edp did before it was reformulated. Don't know if it's just me. But the hair mist defenitly reminds me a whole lot more of the original j'adore then this reformulated edp .. :( So sad! It was one of my favorites... I miss it!

MargoCat
MargoCat

One of my all time favs. Strong, addicting, elegant, sexy, with great lasting power. The bottle is a killer too. It is not called ''J'adore'' by accident.. ;)

dara.vilkhova
dara.vilkhova

had a fight with my mother who is going to wear it...

Alla89
Alla89

I really like it. It makes me think of an elegant and sexy woman. But I would have preferred it to last longer.

lspreack
lspreack

Tried the sample this morning, and I really like the way J'Adore smells. Very bright fragrance. I must really like the jasmine smells. Not sure if it is appropriate for an everyday use since it maybe a bit strong for sensitive people. I did get a compliment today.

tabithacate
tabithacate

I want to like this perfume I really do. I love Jasmine and fruit in perfume and I love Dior. But J'adore just does not do it for me, I know so many people who love it and I really do not see the attraction.
It smells floral and plain, I love floral but this just does not have the kick I want it to have. It is overbearingly sweet and that also says a lot as I love sweet perfumes also.
Very synthetic and normal smelling, not quite sure why this is such a popular perfume. But each to their own.

perfumequeen23
perfumequeen23

I got this perfume for christmas a couple years ago, expecting this to smell georgous as everyone made out to be when it come out, but this started to smell sour on me reminding me of cat pee :/ i ended up chucking this away it just wasnt for me.

negasarah
negasarah

This was a surprisingly fresh and cool fragrance considering it isn't aquatic or mint infused. I could have sworn there was mint in it. While fresh and minty it was still Very floral and very fruity but nicely not sweet as the freshness balanced out the sweetness. It seemed green overall. It had a headyness to it; my head felt like a balloon for the first hour. I liked it and the smell it left on my clothes though its not 'my smell'. My cousin said she 'thought she smelled an old lady' while my boyfriend wanted to sneeze a lot as he doesn't respond well to florals.

mama2chloe
mama2chloe

I got this for Christmas in 2000 and it was overpowering. I kept it for years and sold it. Not a good scent for me.

evgenia80
evgenia80

Unfortunately, I can`t appreciate this perfume. Its too floral for me. I dont feel anything special when I wear it and sometimes it can be very annoying . I only like the bottle...

7663shannon
7663shannon

I have been given this perfume twice and I am sorry to say I loath it on myself. It is so very strong and actually makes me feel ill. I am sure it would work well on others but on me it is overwhelming. I have given my bottles to appriciative friends who seem to love it.

christine.leake
christine.leake

There's a reason why this perfume is the 2nd most popular fragrance in France of 2012. And has always stayed in the top 5 for many years. Its a beautiful, beautiful smelling perfume!

Reviewers saying this smells cheap, obviously do not know quality fragrance to begin with. As this perfume does not contain cheap ingridents.

J'adore is a very vivid, fresh floral scent. It is very rich scent that lasts very long, and should only be used lightly. I can defiantly understand others opinions about it being almost nauseatingly strong. But to avoid that, I spray a squirt, and rub my wrists together, and I can smell it for a good 5 hours. I get so many compliments while wearing this perfume.

I believe this is defiantly one of those perfumes that you will need to try on, and decide for yourself if it mixes well with your biological scent.

I have never smelt this on anyone and thought it smells bad, but I have smelt it on a few people who have defiantly been able to wear it better than others.

poirot303
poirot303

Powdery and synthetic. Instant headache for me.

Snowfairy
Snowfairy

I was so excited to try this and then quickly let down. It's very plain and generic and everyone seems to own this one.

laurap
laurap

I hate this perfume....i can't stand, i tried some day and i just wanted to take this smell off from me....terrible!

Lexy656612
Lexy656612

From the advert I was expecting a very sexy fragrance but when I smelt this in store I was certainly disappointed to say the least. I found the scent very boring and faint which was not at all what I had previously expected. The advert is full of glamour, sex appeal and beauty it's a shame the actual perfume doesn't live up to this.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

The current formula lacks some of the sparkle of the original, but this is still one of my favorites. It's fruity-floral, but not in a childish way like so many new ones are. Lots and lots of jasmine and tuberose.

pbluberry
pbluberry

Love it but must use sparingly. My friend has it and I only use one spritz on my wrist and rubbed it on my other wrist. My coworker could smell it a mile away. Got some compliments on it. Really love it!! I think this is the first and only perfume I've been complimented on. Love love it!!

florblanca
florblanca

Although I do enjoy the initial sunny radiance of J'adore, I just can't get over the overly simple and synthetic drydown.

I'm surprised one of the top 5 most popular perfumes in France gets so many poor reviews here. Regardless, I love J'Adore EDP! The best part about it is the opening notes. I don't know why they say it's melon, peach, and pear when it's clearly banana! I love that banana quality! As the perfume wears down, I get more and more of some kind of white flower, which is probably tuberose according to the notes here. It's a pretty strong scent, fresh & fruity, yet it has a richness about it that is elegant. I could easily wear this as an everyday perfume or with a black dress for a special occasion.

sayu
sayu

The original scent was one of my absolute favorites, it's a shame I didn't know that Dior was planning on reformulating the scent.. I would've bought an extra bottle then.
The reformulation is nice, but a bit too heavy and synthetic to my taste.

annettepe
annettepe

i dont understand why everyone raves about this so much. i love fruity florals but this one is so overrated. i dont think it smells sophisticated at all and to me its just another floral perfume, nothing unique. its very florally sickly sweet that makes me nauseous. i would imagine this as a cheap perfume that i can get at the drugstore. definitely not impressed by dior...

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I bought this within weeks of it's debut in 1999. I was very young and had money to burn. So this will always remind me of those days. I didn't love it enough, though. In fact I was lucky enough to return it for something else. It's just not special to me, and I know it's popular because of Charlize Theron. It kicked off a mass of fruity florals. I never smell it on someone and think "that's J'adore".

reema_3ali
reema_3ali

SUCH a beautiful, classy and classic perfume! I feel like a billions bucks when I wear it! This is my mother's favourite perfume, and when I was younger every time I would smell it on someone else I would think of my mom. Now, this is also my favourite perfume. It's classic, but not in a old lady way like Chanel No 5. It's a beautiful work of art, very elegant.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

I smell the plum in this fragrance and this does smell nice but there's something about this scent that makes me not want to have it.

trueblue19
trueblue19

This has always been the no.1 sickening frag to me.

My mum bought it from France once it was born. We both loved the bottle and I adored how lovely it smelt on her so I sprayed like 3 times on my dad's cotton handkerchief and put my nose to it for a good sniff...and I was knocked out, literally. I recall it was a sunday and I lay on bed for the whole afternoon, unable to raise my head cuz I felt so nauseous. I detected a pool of magnolia and lily-of-the-valley which hit me like a sharpest power drill through nostril to forehead, with accessaries like jasmine and tuberose never being so thick and sickly sweet.

It smelt really really lovely on my mum though. It turned super feminine, charming and energising. My mum usually wears floral especially white floral and woody scents well and can't stand aldehydes; while on the contrary I've always been a fan of aldehydes and chypre perfumes, if that makes sense to you.

Mark Antony
Mark Antony

A woman who wear this frag can very easyly clawls me from the nose.In the morning specialy, i feel like iam in a garden with great smelling flowers and fruits.But i understand those who dislike this one.If you dont feel it well on your own skin it dosen't metter if it draws 1 million compliments,and thats applies for all fragrances.

soso_m1
soso_m1

the best fragrance!!

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

beautiful, elegant, classy and yep sexy! the top notes give it a sparkling opening like champagne and starts to mellow into a floral with that sparkling hint the opening gives you.this is something to wear for a special occasion(like a date, a romantic dinner, wedding? a night at the club) because of how sophisticated and rich it smells, this is one of those "little black dresses" of perfumes! I think Id like to have this when Im in the mood for feeling mature and sexy

younqstunnahbaby
younqstunnahbaby

Love, love love!!!!! Classic, floral, beautiful, like a bouquet of flowers. Favourite for sure.

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

The reformulation has a nice clean shampoo smell, really is fruity floral, unlike the vintage 1999, whereby it was more intense, more floral than fruity notes (but not too intense as compared to Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise) No doubt, I like the 1999 version more than the current one. I bet this is going to be reformulated again and again, and there would be more and more version of J'adore and in the end, there would be something like J'adore EDP 'Originale' just like what happened to Miss Dior.

Collectors out there, you better get an additional bottle should you like this perfume. Still, the reformulation is worth buying, the scent is long lasting and silage is really good.

zanny
zanny

i love it but i will have to wait till i grow older to wear it:( i think this perfume is for mature women. from 25 years old maybe:(

geekgoddess
geekgoddess

J'Adore is a perfectly nice fruity floral, and I think I'd like it, or at least tolerate it, if it wasn't for the huge pear note. The pear in J'Adore just ends up reminding me of all the other fragrances with pear that I really hate.

Try J'Adore L'Absolu if you want something less sweet and fruity.

VqueenLeigh
VqueenLeigh

I really love this perfume its something elegent, extravgance and ladylike about this fragrance.
It starts out as a warm clean floral. The mandrine it fresh and clean. And the jasmine, rose and orchid gives a nice warmth to it and the plum give that slight freshness to it. J'adore has sunny floral and slight sweetness to it. The dry down is the bit I don't like
It is quite strong though one of my most favourite perfumes.
Unfornately after 6hours of the day it does have a alcholic off flower smell to it on my skin. boh!

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

Lovely, elegant and timeless. I would love this perfume much more if only my skin absorb it more willingly...

lilac

Now, to ME AND MY NOSE this is one of the most nausea inducing perfumes. Sickening plum, peach, my gosh it is a powerful bomb too, monster sillage, awful.

Emg905
Emg905

This was my signature scent back in the early 2000s. It was feminine, floral, sexy and sophisticated all at the same time, and it worked beautifully with my body chemistry! I have not owned a bottle in years and recently started to miss it, so about a month ago at the mall I sprayed some on my wrist just for old time's sake. About 30 minutes later I started to get overwhelmed by an intensely heavy, synthetic scent. Instead of feeling confident and sophisticated as I always had I now felt a little self-conscious that I was now possibly offending others. This was NOT my beloved liquid gold! At the time I blamed body chemistry possibly changing over the years, but I just read about the recent reformulations of many popular fragrances and apparently Dior is one of the largest offenders. So please just let me clarify that when I list this as one of my favorites, it is the "vintage" J'Adore and not the current imposter! So now I guess I will have let that memory remain just a memory.

LiLoLiLo
LiLoLiLo

Heavy , dark , sharp , very long lasting! i just can't understand this perfume, can't detect any note, because the scent is diffuclt and messy..

Nefelisparkles
Nefelisparkles

On my skin, a get one smell from the beggining until the end. There are quite a few notes blended but I can't figure out what they are, mostly flowers. I think the rose is the most prominent of all and then the jasmine. The overall impression is nice, not something wow. It's optimistic and elegant but on dry skin it can turn really hursh. My husband liked smelling it from the bottle but at that time I didn't try it on me. Few weeks later I bought it as a blind buy really, because we are newlyweds and I just wanted my casual and my evening parfums to be picked by him. After all, he was not really impressed by it when I put it on, he just said it's nice for some special occasions from time to time. He said that it's more strict and bitter from my casual and beloved Valentina by Valentino. Well, I'm not really disappointed by my purchase but it's not gonna be my signature scent either. On the other hand maybe I should give J'adore a little time to develop and maybe I need a little more time to love it. After all, Not everything is love at first sight. :)

*** Edit: The rose definitely dominates after a while in coller weather!

lilac

Definitely hate this one, HATE it. So heavy, cloying, so plum-ish... I wore it once and ever since, whenever I only think about this perfume I get a strong sense of nausea, my god...It is a bomb of overly sweet fruit and then some flowers, gross :-( and most of all it is stroooong

Ellzee
Ellzee

My mother wore this for about a year, so in a way it's very comforting - it's similar to her too; simplistic on first sniff, but unfolding into a gorgeous flowery blanket. My mother made it very elegant and classic, although it smelled a little 'flat' on me.

danielellarby
danielellarby

I ADORE J'ADORE!!!
J'adore is a perfect blend of fruit and flowers. It's like wearing an expensive mixture that sort of creates an imaginary sphere around you.

The amazing blend sits on your skin on your and the pear and mango dissapears into a very 'comfortable' flowery scent.

The best thing about the perfume is it's not extremely original but it's REALLY wearable and pleasant!!

CLASS AND LUXURY IN A BOTTLE

P.S: I bought it to my auntie and she adored J'adore!!!;).

Dazzling
Dazzling

This is one perfume that i never get tired of wearing, may it be night or day, fall or summer, it speaks of elegance left right and renter. It is however too complex for many to like, i spell out a single top note, too much coming together all at once, yet too nice!

Osrockoo
Osrockoo

dont let the many notes confuse you here, white musk dominates j"adore, this is a simple clean soapy polite and safe scent, not daring but very pretty.

cdimmick2013
cdimmick2013

This perfume is decadent without becoming cloying. I love it and cant wait to own it!

Batman2011
Batman2011

This is a strong fragrance, and when i first smelt it i thought it was devine!
However, i think this is suitable for an older and sophisticated woman with class.
This is no pre-teen perfume and you have to wear it with some years under your belt.

Ps. THIS PERFUME ATTRACTS COMPLIMENTS.

art4art
art4art

I THINK THIS IS THE BEST FRAGRANCE :)

HebaD'Opium
HebaD'Opium

I sampled it twice before cause everybody seemed to love it but it's awful! The scent is just YUCK!! It's way too fruity for me and I just don't like it, maybe it doesn't suit my skin!!

Sutori
Sutori

To me it just smelt wrong and like cleaning solution almost.

Minze
Minze

I have it and I hate it! My boyfriend bought this for me as a present and he really likes it. But I cannot wear it as it makes me sick and gives me headache. My (female^^) Boss is also using this and I hate the days she wears it. Thank god she found a new signature scent (Chanel Coco Noir) I can live with very good...

I find J'Adore Dior obstrusive and biting in my nose. After the drydown it turns to the smell of adhesive. This is one of the very few cases when I dont like a parfume not only on me but I don't like anyone wearing it.

I cannot smell any of the components listed above but only a chemical mixture of adhesive and/or solvents.

It's a mystery to my why this scent is so successful!

lolagoes4awalk
lolagoes4awalk

I loved the smell of the perfume. I am kinda girl that falls for sweety and floral perfumes. unfortunately, it doesn't last long on me. So I quit..

diaspro42
diaspro42

It was a gift but I could never wear it because it made me a headache, unfortunately. A very intense aroma, floral and suitable for a mature woman.

maxipad
maxipad

At first, I was not impressed with this fragrance. It was pleasant, but seemed a typical floral. A few hours later, I began to notice a sweet fruitiness wafting upward toward my nose, and I no longer regretted my purchase. I am not usually one for floral fragrances; my favorites are bitter and golden greens, but J'adore is very nice indeed, and I will be holding onto it. It is wearable for women of all ages, and makes me feel beautiful.

lbean
lbean

I agree that this is a classic in a not-grandma way. It's a rich, luxurious and sexy scent with no old lady smell! Very perfumey but without being obnoxious in any way. I like this on pretty much everyone, but it has too many florals for me. Anyway, this is a great, classy scent that I would save for "special" occasions.

ladyimmortelle
ladyimmortelle

A timeless, classic(not grandma-esque) fragrance! I think it's a musthave for a fragrance lover. I don't understand the hate towards J'Adore at all. It's not too strong and it has a unique smell. It's a warming floral scent, fresh, clean, seductive and just right for any occasion + it lasts all day. (a little goes a long way)

This has to be one of my favorite perfumes. Great for teenagers to adults, you should give it a try because you cannot go wrong with this perfume.

nancy920
nancy920

This fragrance is exactly what I love - fruity florals. It's so timeless. The first time I smelled this I thought, "this is what a perfume is suppose to smell like". It's just pleasant but sexy.

miss mills
miss mills

Charming, infinitely feminine and very floral and clean smelling. I have such mixed feelings for this perfume as it is the one my best friend wore for years and years and I would buy it for her birthday - she passed away so tragically and suddenly (two years ago tomorrow, 21.08.2010) that (I feel so emotional just writing this much) now that I have her used bottles that she left behind, the ones I gave to her, every time I smell it I am overcome with longing for my friend to still be here.

I will buy a purse sized J'Adore to remind me of her always. It was never the scent for me, I am definitely more of a Hypnotic Poison gal but an occasional dab will help keep my precious Cherylee forever alive to me.

mellie
mellie

It´s a happy, fresh, stylish, elegant & sensual fragance. Definitly has a sex appeal on its own. I´ve got a lot of compliments from men wearing it. And it´s an antidepressant fragance, keeps you in a good mood, the combination of floral and fruity in this one is perfect. Has a good sillage and longevity. It´s a must have for women above 20 years old.

Bianca_Horkan
Bianca_Horkan

Graduating from college (late) the year this came out and I thought this was so sensual. The warm, spiciness of it just grabbed me.

I've often sprayed a little on me - from time to time - while out at the store just to relive the please of wearing this scent.

I'm sure I'll go back to it one day or just add it to my very small collection.

NatalieRitz
NatalieRitz

I first found out of this perfume in an magazine, it smelled WONDERFUL, so i then bought it for my mom for christmas (of 2011) and she loved it the first couple sprays, but then we shared it and it started to not be as beautiful as it was in the magazine, so we stop using it and a few months later we started to use it once again and fell inlove! I totally think that this is a wonderul perfume for any event, any weather, any time! It is just gorgeous for everyone!

mzfiguer
mzfiguer

J'adore has been endowed with something like a universal sex appeal. It's not young girl and it's not mature woman. It's something most people would agree on.

And then knowing it was created by the same woman who is the nose behind those fabulous By Killian frags, you know this was a justified hit with the house of Dior.

banksgirl6
banksgirl6

The first time I tried this perfume, I have to admit I was not impressed. It just didn't feel very unique. But I tried it again a few months later, and me being the inexperienced perfume appreciator that I am, after a few more months of getting to know different fragrances and notes...NOW I understand why this is such a beautiful perfume. It's light, but complex...seems like it would be wearable by almost any woman, any time of the year, for any occasion.

powdepuff
powdepuff

I love this perfume, so sophisticated and elegant and warm, yet not overpowering, but definitely leaves a statement

dezaval
dezaval

This is the perfume I wore at my wedding. I have the complete series of it - shower gel, body lotion, hair spray and, of course, the eau de parfum. All products are great. I only wear it at my wedding anniversary. Lasts really long, very romantic, classy, elegant, yet modern, perfume. A sparkly combination of white flowers and fresh summer fruits. J' Adore in an ivory chantilly lace wedding dress. Yes...a day to remember...

Debshee
Debshee

I used to love this when I was a smoker. Now that I'm a non-smoker, it's wayyyyyyyyyyy too strong. I still like the scent but I have to be very careful or else it gives me a headache. The bottle I have should last forever since I'll be applying with a q-tip from now on.

@palma.
I also feel the same. I always gave a chance for this fragrance to stay on me even fol half a day but unfortunately i ended up feeling dizzy and migrane and also abt to vommit. Its an elegant scent but there must some notes that are really heavy and make me allergic to. I already gave it to a friend i dont care what she will do with it as long as its no longer with me.

iflipcess0527
iflipcess0527

i like the scent, but i don't think i am, going to purchase pretty soon, i would like to try other dior perfume.

Palmy
Palmy

I've try it so many times because I want to see why people love this scent but it just not work for me. It gave me a headache everytime I try it. It smell good but something that irritate me and gave me feel so dizzy when I smelled it, EDT version also.

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

For me this is a perfume to have simply for the artistry of the notes and the spectacular bottle....i have this but barely wear it. I spray it when I want something different. This could be good for a special evening. I don't think anyone complains about this scent and I think this would be a good gift perfume..: the time I fell in love with this though was early in the morning when I was taking my walk in the netroparks around the river and i sprayed this on me before I left. I could smell this all around me and I just felt likecsuch a boltvof confidence and beauty. It smells so floral and pretty..I like jasper and its special its just not something i would wear too often. I never got a compliment on this either.....I think this is one that needs to be eorn sparingly because its not cheap so its really potent stuff. A bottle lasts a long time....even though I don't get compliments on it I feel that lots of people would like thus because it is very non offensive and likeable. It smells expensive and elegant. A lot of people will find this one mature. An amazing amount of mothers were gifted this for mothers day, birthdays, etc...so if you wear this on a date or something the man may recognize this as his mothers perfume. This is not an mature perfume however. I think this one is 25 years plus.

vinira22
vinira22

Bought other day. Smells amazaing, sweet and fruity. Goes for long hours.

ninive
ninive

I remember I liked this perfume, I helped my mother chose it and I used to stole it from her almost every day. Today I tried it again and I find it too strong, like some kind of floor detergent. I don't know if the new version changed it this much, my mother says it smell the same as before. It's supposed to be fruity but I don't get it, on me is just a strong synthetic smell.

babylima
babylima

its afternote is acceptable to me but it can get quite irritating when you sprayed too much. my boyfriend hates this perfume on me.

5354alice
5354alice

For me, this one is all I look for in a fragrance: it's sweet, fine, feminine and sexy. I use to have a bottle of J'adore, and I love to wear it barely, when i need something special: it is!

Lotto.Lupus
Lotto.Lupus

Very long-lasting smell. Bought it in Sweden in the middle of 2002 at one of the ferries called 'Europe' that cruises between Åbo and Sthlm. This was the only perfume I liked among so many others. When it came to the check-out, the price just blew me away, but... Had to buy it, I mean, point of no return and all... :-)

Anyways, I never regretted it. It's a luxurious smell, feminine, very high quality... I just lost my passion for it somehow. You also must be a very attractive confident lady, just like Teron, to wear it. The commercial is pure joy, she's a goddess. A favourite perfume of my colleague. On her, it smelled cheap and light. Not for everyday use, it's a fact. Maybe because of her abuse of this rich evening scent I started to lose my interest for it. Or maybe she wore counterfeit, how do I know?

Anyways, a good and very rich classic. Very feminine and with numerous notes unveiling through the day. It's a solid one!

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

Perfect fruity floral everyday fragrance. I was expecting more from Dior, but having said that, it's a pretty safe fragrance as it's liked by almost everyone, and makes a great gift for that special person or relative in your life.
Maybe if the cap was silver and the liquid was pink it would suit the actual fragrance more. The gold makes me expect something much more heavy and complex.

angelica_hellyna
angelica_hellyna

I always wanted to have this since I was a teen as it is such a classic perfume. Now I own it!!! And this is one of the perfumes that I will always buy every time it ran out. The first was given to me by my hubby (then boyfriend).

For me, the bottle looks like woman curve. Totally sexy. And the golden colour gives it the more posh look. What I like the most is the cap, it have J'adore in the crystal ball of the cap. Such an intricate detail for a bottle of perfume. I really appreciate it.

The scents; oh sooo lovely! I feel like this is what the woman should smells like. Really rich flavours, floral, sweet yet fresh and luxurious. And it lasts really long. I still can smell it every time I come home.

Because of its superbly posh, I save this perfume for special occasions or when I wanna feel rich. I love it! It is such a sexy regal elegant perfume. Total love! :)

katherinahh
katherinahh

So in love with this fragance!!...so sad it still reminds me my ex boyfriend...but I ´m just waiting for a new beginning in my life to wear this again...this is a magnifique, elegant, sexy, smart scent!!

fairydoll
fairydoll

Oh man! I bought it like a little while ago(about a month) this and a few others. Smells good .. only that it needs spraying every hour(*snort* an edP)... you know what that means?
Yes! I have been sold the Fake bottle, now I can not sleep at night if I put up somewhere for sale cause that's unfair and illegal. Hence I would like to offer this as a swap. Anything nice would do. :) I only have 2 of these shady bottles both are 100ml(and one full the other more than 95ml). it's alright if you like an ultra EDT lol. So hit me up lovely ladies! :)UK only please.

Shinbin
Shinbin

This is the most expensive perfume i own.. i was in france last year and fell in love with the smell, so i treated myself. if i remember correctly it was round 70 odd euros for a 30ml. then the boyfriend got me a 100ml for my birthday this year.

i usually use it for special occasions, like birthdays and weddings and anniversaries :D.

Kyi
Kyi

I fell in love with this scent the first time I smelled it inside a magazine. To me, it feels very luxurious, romantic, confident, happy, sensual, and full of optimism and beauty. It's downright gorgeous, very pretty and expensive smelling. But it seems as if people either love it or hate it now. It can have a 'mature' smell but I think its very complex and may not work for everyone. I don't think it fits my style, but I do love this scent. It's one of those perfumes that I pick up and take a deep breath of it and it takes me into a enchanted heaven where everything is radiant and glimmering. It is a unique scent that I don't see how anyone could dislike. I wear it when I want to feel special, glam, and fabulous!

Behnisch
Behnisch

I was kind of disappointed that the ad doesn't reflect what the fragrance is. I love Charlize Theron and I adore the ad with Grace Kelly and Marilyn Monroe but it doesn't represent the fragrance. I was expecting something unique like the rest of the Dior collection, something that would make me feel that I'm in a red carpet, something glamourous that Charlize would wear. But it didn't make me feel that.
But don't get me wrong! It smells good. It smells really good. It just doesn't fit with the ad and I cannot believe this belongs to Dior. It'd fit better into the Marc Jacobs collection or some celebrity perfume.
But let's talk about the juice inside the bottle, which is pretty good.
It smells clean and floral, perfect for a woman who doesn't want to inspire people with her scent, it's for a woman who just wants to smell good. It's perfect as a gift because everyone likes this fragrance.

Sugarscent
Sugarscent

On me this scent was too sweet and cloyingly so. I enjoyed the tester card at the counter. This scent just doesn't work for me.

On me this fragrance opens mostly the plum note mixed with the blackberry musk. Not too pleasant and sour enough. And I can't say that this fragrance smells glamorous, because it smells simply enough. Nothing special.

Muzoona
Muzoona

strong long lasting.. very night

Lovely123
Lovely123

I smelled this a couple of weeks ago and was not at all impressed. It smelled kind of pretty and youthful at the beginning, but nothing that caused me to constantly inhale its scent deeply. At first I was alright with it, then after a while I became very sick of the scent and had to smell something else to get the scent out of my nose. It actually reminded me a little of how wet hair might smell after a shower using shampoo. Very bland and boring, like the way it feels to be chewing on gum for an hour; how the flavor is still slightly there, but now you're bored and tired of it.

Margreet
Margreet

I adore this smell but it took me some time to love it.
I don't agree that it is a boring scent. Actually, it is one of the most "chameleon" scents I know! First it is very fresh and then floral. In the end I can detect a deep, creamy powdery notes. Very complex perfume to me. What is more, this scent smells on everyone in a different way. REALLY different.
It is very elegant, feminine and romantic. I'm not sure about the sillage though. On my friend and on me, people can not detect alot after couple of hours( 2-3)!But still love it.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

I can not say that I love this one. I like it, yes, but there's no adoration.
What I can say, is that it is the very essence of modern perfumery. When I didn't know anything about perfume, this was the scent that came to mind when talking about perfume (of course I didn't know it was J'ADORE).
That shows that this fragrance indeed is an icon. Nearly everyone has it, and there are numerous copies af this made by different brands. It also has inspired many, many perfumers.
So basically, you can smell it everywhere, on everyone. It has become a very common scent. There's nothing special about this perfume anymore.
It's still pleasant, and that makes it a masterpiece, but it just is nothing for me.

incandescent
incandescent

Personality: Feminine, Sparkling, Luminous, Charismatic, Sensual.

Age: 25-45

Scent: If gold had a scent this would be it...a very elegant and sublime fruity floral, luminous and soft but with presence. Well-blended, distinct and sparkling, my nose cannot really pick out any note in particular other than pear, jasmine, peach and a hint of tuberose.

When/Where: As an evening scent in any season, or day-time for the office, formal events, parties. Also makes a great scent for romance/dating, wining and dining. A versatile scent.

Sillage/Longevity: Good Sillage, Good Longevity (8 hours).

JUST FOR FUN: This is a scent made for a LEO woman, regal, opulent, and sparkling, just like the face of the fragrance, Charlize Theron (coincidence that she happens to be a Leo?). Another sign this would suit is Libra with their charismatic nature and diplomatic ways.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Dewdrop on beautiful flower.
It is very elegant scent. This one stay in the memory , is full of flowers but does not excite me. Flowers, fruit,citruses and the balmy note. I like it but I prefer a new EDT. :)

Aspendina
Aspendina

i am not impressed, this doesn't smell all that good and its really boring. I almost smells like something I used to have but can't put my finger on it, maybe bob mackie perhaps, CK Contradiction or maybe Body by Victoria's Secret, I don't know or maybe its something else. but whatever it is, its really over priced for this plain ordinary smell.

I think this scent is unusual and glamorous. It doesn't have the uniquenss of mixing odd notes or unusual combinations but it does speak quietly and softly to those looking for something different from a typical fruity floral. I don't find this sweet at all, and I really can't pick out any individual notes listed, but this has a depth that makes it smell refined and classy. To me, it is more of a woody floral than a fruity floral.

sarinha.fernandes
sarinha.fernandes

This perfum is classic, glamorous and for me perfect scent!!
If you want to get noticed anywhere you go...so this is the perfum for you!!!

rachel32
rachel32

i had tried this before but i couldnt remember the aroma, i tried it again couple of days ago and i have to say i dont find it special or anything, it´s very popular and expensive but i think its very soapy and linear, not complex at all.

c3c
c3c

Well I don't think this perfume really needs another review, buuuuut I will add to the list anyway. I tried J'adore a couple of years ago and didn't like it. Interestingly a couple of days ago I came across a sample in a magazine and decided to check it out again. I ended up dragging my sample out and wore it all day. Maybe it's the spring weather but I certainly enjoy it a great deal more now than with my first run in. It is a floral laced with fruits in a fairly even balance, killer sillage (one small spray is all I need) and 6hr longevity for me.
I now have a bottle coming in the mail, who knew? I guess I just needed time to learn to appreciate J'adore.

iokasti
iokasti

This was my very first perfume.I bought it when i was 15 years old.It's a light spring perfume.

viol
viol

Lately I'am becomig a j'adore-dependent:) Going to buy a complete set of JD eau de parfum, body milk and shower gel. A must

Darkangelz101
Darkangelz101

J'adore is a sweet floral scent, the kind of perfume that gets you noticed. It has a young scent suitable for women from 16- 24, it makes you think of sunshine. I personally love it since the heat of my country seems to bring out its flavour.

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

To my nose J'adore is more floral than sweet . Indeed , Jasmine is proeminent , then comes pear . Not at all a special ,original , or an sublime perfume , but it's simplicity makes you feel pretty , elegant and loved .
The bottle is beautiful , elegant like perfume .
Positive vote .

affy
affy

just tried the j'adore edp...it takes a good 5 mins to really know what this smells like on my skin...its pleasing,very feminine..n classy...it reminds me of all those sophisticated posh women in their early 30s with perfect hair,wearing those elegant pearl nacklaces...around their slim tall necks

katyas
katyas

I was finally able to test sniff this, and it wasn't at all what I was expecting - it smelled too powdery and sort of sharp. Maybe it was just overpowered by the really good perfumes I'd smelled that day, I don't know, but I just didn't care for it at all.

acv43
acv43

what i love about j'adore is it such a shamelessly floraly floral. I feel like there is a growing dislike of heavy florals lately which makes me sad. after all ins't their something deliciously naughty about smelling like a plants reproductive organs ;)

It definitely has a sophisticated timelessness to it, destined to become a classic (if it hasn't already)

BUT i must admit that i ALMOST love it, not love it. J'adore contains my floral nemesis, tuberose! I so wish i could somehow do perfume surgery and remove the malignant tumor- rose -ha ha get it? (okay kind of lame i know)

p.s. dear tuberose, i friggen hate you

mimi88
mimi88

Have to admit that when i first tested it i didn't like it all but i liked edt so i bought edt, but few days ago i ordered a set of jadore thiniking i was buying edt again and when ir came it was an edp and it was good, really good! i suppose the first time i tested it at a good perfume store the tester was bad (its often problem in my country because they keep testers in a front of light, and the light bulbs beams light and warm perfumes). I just love it its classy feminine, gives you self evidence, beautiful fragance. now i'm waiting for my j'adore l'or essence de perfume to arrive, i'm so anxious

tien
tien

loved it at first in high school and bought it for me and my mom and her friend for Christmas. Now 2-3 yrs late i think differently. i think it's really strong and musky deep, its a like a strong, cheap, dark smelling perfume. so sad, i use to luv it and their is 90% of it left. :(

BV13
BV13

Dior never fails, this is my absolute favorite perfume and got loads of people asking what perfume it is im wearing, first one to notice was a guy. Its a light fragrance, very feminine and stays on for hours.

aschiffm
aschiffm

Sadly I do not find this perfume as intriguing as I thought it was going to be. To me it is a very odd floral bouquet scent dipped in fruit juice and the combo doesn't really work for me. Then it starts smelling like sudsy soap !

I had originally tried this because I'm in love with Michael Kors Gold and the sales associate told me it was similar to Dior J'adore but it's not at all! MK Gold is so much more luscious and filled with beautiful tuberose, its so much more alluring and doesn't have all this odd fruit junk and soap that J'adore has, it's a shame J'adore is the more popular one, oh well.

sally04
sally04

I bought this by blind buying, I do really like the smell, worthed for the price :D . I got excited to search for another perfume from buyer reviews, that sometimes help me to choose, and say what, I've just bought another 2 designer perfumes, I really looooove perfume :))

indecisive85
indecisive85

It has a nice scent when I tried it on, but there was nothing about this frangrance that stood out to me - it just smells like a generic perfume. I guess it is meant for an everyday frangrance. A lot of women love the scent and think it's so "elegant." Leaves me wondering if Charlize Theron did not promote it, would they feel the same?

katiushka
katiushka

My mom owns a gift set with small vials of the EDP and EDT that she almost never uses, so I decided to give the EDP a try.

I almost wrote it off the first time I wore it (to an evening event). Given the marketing, I was expecting more of an evening scent, and this smelled too “safe” for me. Plus, I didn’t apply enough :-)

Days later, I found myself going back to the memory of that scent and wished to experience it again. So I decided to try it as a daytime work scent. It clicked! When I wear this, I feel empowered and harmonious. To be honest, I erred on the other side today and applied too much, giving myself a headache in the hour I drove to work. (I bet it’s the rose.) But I’m surprised to find it doesn’t matter – I still like the scent, even with the headache! Never had that feeling with perfumes before.

Would I use this every day at work? Probably not. On special days (like today – International Women’s Day) or days when I need an extra lift –why not? Hope this is a beginning of a happy relationship with Dior perfumes.

weepingwillow
weepingwillow

Jeez...It's upsetting - I envy all of you who can pull it off with this one. I so wanted to love it. I really did! But I guess we are just not meant to be. No matter how little I put on, I get a splitting headache. And I never get headaches otherwise... :/ "sigh" What I can't figure out is wich substance is responsible for all the irritation and aggrevation. Hmmm...a little tinny tiny research project on the hotizon...?

So it's up for a swap... Anybody? I have EDP 30ml bottle - used it maybe/at most five times. I'll trade it for any of the juices from my "want" list. PM me.

Mehhhh..."stomps off and slams the door"

artsyrn
artsyrn

I get a luscious sweet/creamy floral with a tinge of orange,light vanilla,heady rose and soft violets and finally a little berry. This feels sexy, ladylike and elegant.

pixelmoxie
pixelmoxie

I did love this fragrance when I first got it.But then after only a few usess, I just got so bored with it, and couldn't finish the bottle. It's not that it's a bad scent,but it just lacks the necessary substance that makes you come back for more.

reusch210
reusch210

I really love this.. and when I went through a phase of testing out Miss Dior Cherie and Chance... when I would come back to this I realized this was more me.. maybe it is because of memories from the late 90's or whatever I don't know. Unfortunately newer versions are a bit watery.. and the character is not what it was.. lasting power is not great. But if you can reapply it is very lovely. I wish it was amped up a little more or something.

marydoan90
marydoan90

My mom doesn't like perfume very much, but her bottle of J'adore is more than halfway gone.
It's floral, with a perfect touch of pear to make the floral notes not so overwhelming.
Very elegant and sophisticated, but light enough to be worn anywhere.
I have a huge perfume collection, but sometimes I would steal a spritz of J'Adore from my mom :)

Liene
Liene

J`adore is light and playful enough to be worn in daytime at the same time being sophisticated and elegant for more special occasions, as well as its balance between juicy and more bolder florals make it perfect for any season. Thus it can easily become ones signature or at least go-to scent.
For my nose peach, tuberose and freesia are the best detectable notes, but there is some creaminesses in the perfume which gives an elegance and makes J`adore very feminine scent. Good staying power (all day and on clothes even longer), well balanced and never heady sillage for both top and middle notes.

I suggest everyone at least check it, being so wearable it is also a good investment.

alana.volskaya
alana.volskaya

i've always liked this perfume but have never purchased it. i must have like 20 samples of it because they include it with almost every purchase @ nords' haha. but i started wearing it during the day lately (i loveee armani code, but a little overbearing for the day, esp for class) and i love it. applied 2 spritzes at noon... its 14 hours later and i can still smell it on myself..

definitely considering grabbing myself a bottle now.

if you havent smelled this yet (gasp!) it makes me think of a tan, blond-haired girl walking through a valley filled with jasmine and lilly of the valley/ having brunch at a classy spot in paris, where the streets are all cobble-stoney.

hegvie
hegvie

This fragrance posed a bit of a dilemma for me. I tested it several times agonizing over weather or not to buy. I love so much about this fragrance! I love the confident, sophisticated sexiness it conveys. I love the way it smells in general. However, there is one little note it in that smells somewhat sour on my skin. The cedar maybe? Unfortunately for me, despite loving 99% of this fragrance, I couldn't get past the strange sourness. I'm sure I'll try it again at some point!

claraaa
claraaa

My mum wears this. Though I like to smell it around her, I can't pull off this scent. It just turns sour on my skin. Guess it's a pity cause I love Jasmine so much! :(

HazelMae
HazelMae

This is a great summery fruity floral. I'm such a sucker for things with a peach note. Unfortunately the drydown just smells like plain shampoo to me.

I guess Dior did that thing they do where they put out a quality fragrance, then once it gets popular, change the formula to be cheap.

Lushylori
Lushylori

Well I will start this off by saying..YES this perfume is a nice one but when I first smelled this on paper years ago in one of my Glamour Mag's,I thought WOW!!! One day I will own you but after years going by and finally owning this one,,,I must say that I think I liked it better in my Glamour Mag than I do in the actual bottle.I dont know If this scent has been reformulated or what but I remember it being more powdery on paper.Regarless though,I like this but I don't totally love it like I thought I did.I love the bottle though,Its very pretty :)
It really smells like a 20 dollar bottle of Roots perfume I owned last year.
This one is pretty pricey and I find that I normally find perfumes that I love are much cheaper but this is very versatile and could be worn all the time which I like:)...I am happy that I finally own this one though but only to say I do heehee :)

Narmis
Narmis

If you're looking for something feminine and not over the top, this perfume is for you. I like to wear it on a regular basis since it's not very strong and overbearing :)

mamasgotguns
mamasgotguns

First Dior I've tried. Completely faded from me within 5 hours. I thought it smelled fine. Not great, but certainly not cheap. My 11 yr old said YUCK. Hubby and 7 yr old said "fine" too.

So it's a pass for me.

Of course, it is competing with Chanel Coco Mademoiselle on the other arm, which got 4 thumbs up!

vicka16
vicka16

One of very few parfumes that I'm on my second bottle now. It is sweet, and so feminine. I LOVE it!

Raquel73
Raquel73

I´m great Dior parfums fan, but I hate this at all, only can to have a great headheache,I´m sorry but not for me.

tinaelisa

I owned this some years ago and just wanted to buy again. But what did I saw in the perfume store? The price has gone up with almost 25 % ! When I bought it a few years ago (the eau de parfum) the price was 52 euros for 50 ml. Now the price is 74 euros for the 50 ml. Pff now I will not repurchase. Come on.. that is seriously overpriced...

When I bought it some years ago, they didn't had al the new versions of j'adore. It was just j'adore eau de parfum and nothing more. I guess it became a pretty big hype overtime :(

alina.vinik
alina.vinik

Oh I love it. This scent will always remind me of my best friend although she hasn't used it in years. I think this perfume is very classy and feminine and I far as I have heard the bottle symbolises the female body with a very long neck.

yazerella
yazerella

I had this for a long time and I absolutely loved it, I think i must have gone through at least 3 bottles. It lingered on my skin for ages and made me feel so sophisticated and sexy.

But then one day one of my guy friends smelled me and told me that I smelled really good, and that it reminded him of his mum... So I gave it to my mum.

LuckyCharmz777
LuckyCharmz777

This is one of the most beautiful fragrances I have ever smelled. It's so elegant and classy.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

J’adore Dior is soft sensual elegance. African orchid is a bright beautiful floral and the champaca flowers are a deep scent of magnolia. Damascus plum and mandarin add a perfect sweetness. Light and sultry with a scent that will last the entire day. J’adore is Dior’s golden girl and truly a timeless classic loved by all women.

sherien
sherien

My Husband bought it as a gift for me yesterday after many years of thinking whether I should buy it or not where everytime i go for something else, but now I finally have it.. It is defeneatly a man's fav .. he simply loves it and I believe every man does..

Nathalia
Nathalia

Instantly seduced by the « florality » of this perfume on the first try, I bought it on a whim (unfortunately). I stopped wearing it once my fiance (far from being impressed) told me it reminds him ..."his grandmother"! After many times wearing it, I understood very well what he meant...

It's a very good quality juice (as all the Dior), but just too equally-floral-fruity symmetric and linear. Nothing special in the composition. I finally got bored and sold it. The frag is monotone, has no character, but the bottle is gorgeous.

nikkirose
nikkirose

Is it the bottle? the great advertising? or the fragrance which makes J'adore a class in it's league?

I'll buy the historical inspiration for the bottle but I thought its very subliminal.

The fragrance, the fragrance...undeniably lush orchids. I believe,these orchids originate from an exotic rendezvous paradise in Indonesia .The abundance of orchids dancing harmoniously with notes of tangy mandarin makes every perfume lover say " It's love at first smell."

Hmm, nevermind the advertising.

While the name J'adore secured the fragrance's demi god status. Personally, I would have called this fragrance-- La Javanaise, to pay homage to its birthplace .Cheers France!

A must for every woman of beauty.

Liliaceae
Liliaceae

J'adore has a very feminine and sophisticated smell. I know quite many people who wear that (myself included) and it really doesn't seem to change a lot from person to person. It's also very long-lasting and the bottle is surely one of the greatest perfume bottles ever.

mar-gosha
mar-gosha

So nice and elegant, smells very expensive. I tried it at the mall on my wrist and kept smelling it over and over again... Bought a big bottle and had no regrets. It lingers long on the skin, and on the drydown it becomes even better. It gets lighter but still remains noticeable. It is flowery, bright, a little bit sweet, and so romantic. I think this one would be good for both office wear or a romantic evening. Such a wonderful smell! LOVE IT!!

Decodawn
Decodawn

Unfortunately this fragrance makes me feel sick, it is very overpowering and although I love the smell of it on others it does not suit my body chemistry.

Gandhilama
Gandhilama

I really wanted to like this, you know how most fragrances change with body PH, this one does not change on me at all, it smells exactly like what it smells on the bottle, and that triggers a headache. Maybe it´s due to the concentration of the parfum, but I´m going to keep it in my collection.

It doesn´t remind me of anything else I own so I Give it that it´s unique and very classy but unfortunately, it´s not for me.

moderatocantabile
moderatocantabile

Smells like a bright summer day, a bouquet of flowers and sweet vanilla mixed with fresh linens. Just a spritz lasts for hours even after washing hands several times. Has a warm hypnotizing aroma that lingers after the initial fresh and sweet scent. Husband can't stop sniffing me.

pauluch3
pauluch3

Elegant and sexy.

I love J'adore. Its ultra feminine composition of flowers and fruit is spectacular. Soft white flowers, rose, magnolia with melon and pear. Divine! I think that Charlize Theron suits the fragrance very well, she always seems so natural, effortless and elegant on the red carpet.
*****

enriquesolisjimenez
enriquesolisjimenez

ES UNA MARAVILLA DE PERFUME, SE LO REGALE A MI HIJA Y ELLA QUEDO ENCANTADA TAMBIEN, UN OLOR INCEIBLEMENTE DELICIOSO

Nikitha
Nikitha

this is the very first perfume that i ever fell truly in love with : ) heavenly, lovely and dreamy yet sophisticated and royal

nina13
nina13

It's heavenly!!!! OMG, I love it soooo much! It's very classy, elegant, pretty, words can't describe how good the juice is! The bottle is also great!!

abigail5328
abigail5328

Elegant, sophisticated, sparkling, luxurious, modern, classy, romantic, feminine, ‘grown up’ sexiness fragrance!
J’adore opens with a beautiful combination of fruits and flowers. I find it hard to pick out certain notes in this one as they are all so beautifully blended together. A very elegant fragrance that is very well balanced!
This is a light fragrance that is very long lasting and has just the right amount of sillage without it being overwhelming! Less is more when you use J’adore!
A great fruity floral scent that is suitable for all seasons! Preferably for evenings but can easily be worn for day use. Very pleasant and wearable!
This scent reminds me of a successful woman with elegance, grace and style, draped in expensive gold jewellery.
Comes in an elegant classy bottle too!
Well done Dior!

BellissiMaya
BellissiMaya

When I first got a whiff of this sometime back, it was rather repulsive. Now after years, I kinda like it. I think this is one evergreen perfume out there that all women should have at least a bottle of. I can see how this can find itself as a signature scent (not mine but to loads of women) without it being repulsive (unlike Chanel's icky Mademoiselle).

darrshanjvoraa
darrshanjvoraa

rich, elegant, sophasticated and a great floral from dior, jadore is something all should adore . good longevity and projection is quiet beautiful. all in all a beautiful florale fragrance buy the edp and lor version ,

GlitterMilk
GlitterMilk

This was my signature scent for such a long time! It's gorgeous, elegant, sophisticated and yet so extremely sexy and sensual! I want to have to have it again. <3

CYoung
CYoung

I bought the original J`adore Eau de Parfume when it was launched in 1999. One day, when I was shopping at a department store, I heard a little boy whispering to his father, "this lady smells good, dad".

The father was embarrassed, but I was happy. This was the first time I was complimented by wearing a nice fragrance.

You know, children don't lie! ;)

Pat1000
Pat1000

A little bit oriental scent. I love it to wear at night.
It makes me feel as a sophisticated and elegant woman.
It is heavy, so we should wear very small doses.

nush imogen
nush imogen

Very nice, sweet, but not too much, floral, "happy" fragrance. Great for a lovely spring day, I like it a lot! :)

rainbowbrite106
rainbowbrite106

A store seller told me it was one of the best fragrances in the world, it smells lovely alright. My husband bought it for me as a gift but it turned out it was a counterfeit, It smelled like the real deal for 5 minutes then It faded away, I went to the store to find out about it, turns out the real deal doesn't last that long on me either...so my hubby didn't loose his money after all!

AllieK
AllieK

I'm normally an oriental lover, so when I received a bottle of this from an ex-boyfriend, I expected to not like it. I thought it would be overpowering and way too flowery - acutally I really was expecting a cheap hairspray smell. I tried it out on a tester instead of actually putting it on, and decided right then and there that I hated it. It wasn't until recently that I decided to give it a shot, and boy was I surprised! No, I don't like the initial spray - the top notes are a bit overwhelming to my nose... but the dry down is divine. It's delicate and feminine and floral in just the right way. I'm not sure about longevity - I seem to lose the scent after a few hours, but it could just be me (unfortunate!). It's a pretty, innocent, work-appropriate scent, and I'm so glad I gave it a chance. Maybe the ex didn't have such bad taste after all!

alassouli
alassouli

I have bought it 3 times in the past 7 years. This perfume is very elegant. If you are a fan of jasmine, you should buy it. My husband loves it on me.

beautyinthemundane
beautyinthemundane

I know this has a loyal following, but I've never liked it one little bit. Reminds me of breath or farts. The breath of either someone who's been eating a salad with a lot of cucumber in it or the breath of someone who's recently brushed their teeth and it's gone a bit stale since. As for the farts, just a light airy, gassy fart, like a little kid's fart. I dunno, there's something nasty and breathy/gassy about it. No thanks.

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

I am quite astonished at reading various reviews stating that J'adore is strong, overpowering, intoxicating... it probably depends on people's chemistry.
In France J'adore has been a best-seller for many years, and that's why I'm nearly ashamed of loving it so much. Unfortunately it's one of the few perfumes I can't smell when wearing it (and I wish I did), and which I can wear when I'm pregnant when any other perfume makes me sick. So nothing strong nor intoxicating for me. I wear it on any occasion, at work,in summer, in the evening and I've often been told how good I smell (especailly by men). Strangely, some people know J'adore but don't recognize it on me and are surprised.
I think it's a sexy, feminine perfume, well-balanced, a fruity jasmine/tuberose. I love it, yet I prefer the more flowery, stronger and less fruity J'adore L'Absolu.
My forever favorites.

Alexandrarae
Alexandrarae

I opened my bottle bought at the LAX airport Duty Free(last May) today. Have been saving it for a special occasion and it was worth it! I can smell the crisp pear, jasmine and white flowers and then it softens off to a gorgeous golden warmth. Put it on at 8am this morning and I can still smell it at 10.30pm tonight. I would call it more a "warm floral" than a fruity floral. It is just lovely and beats Chanel 5 "hands down" to me. Will definitely be keeping this one in my perfume wardrobe. (I also have the Versace Versace and they are quite similar - Versace is very fresh but J'adore is warmer and more romantic).
Alexandrarae South Australia

Raina
Raina

Just smells like really expensive soap. Or floral cleaning products. That's it.

melinamelp
melinamelp

smells precious. for a woman that knows what she wants. Good for any season and any time of the day.
I think it has also amber notes

momo-chan123
momo-chan123

That's quite funny because I usually refrain from using strong smelling perfumes (and god knows expensive brands make them pretty overwhelming). A relative of mine used to wear J'adore, and I thought the scent of it was overly flowery with a heady woodsy note that gave me thundering headaches.
But as I started using a sample of J'adore, a few drops on my skin only release jasmine and magnolia scents. After an hour or so, very sweet notes of vanilla, lily of the valley and faint sandalwood. Then the sandalwood TOTALLY disappears and gives way to rose, pear, peach and lily of the valley (which I think is the most longlasting note).
An elixir of feminity which I think is at it's best when one uses a really small amount of it: too much and it smells like cheap garden flowers and sandalwood (cheap as well).
But the fragance is really popular and got somewhat unoriginal: I only wear it for myself, just to sniff once and then the inside of my wrist and tell myself "This smells really, reaaaally good".
And god knows why, when it's about to disappear and you really have to press your nose against you skin to smell it, it reminds me of Dior Homme when worn by an acquaintance of mine...

shabbus
shabbus

I was wearing a sample of this, and my husband commented twice about how much he liked it. So, as a novice, I bought a 1.7 oz bottle.
Big mistake.
Although I like this scent in very, very small doses, I know that if I overdo it just a little, I will wind up gagging on it. I have to use it so sparingly that I got a rollerball atomizer to apply it.
At this rate, this bottle should last me until the end of the Cenozoic Era. They are going to bury me with this bottle. Better yet, bury my husband with it since he's so crazy about it.
Well, this isn't much of a review, except to say that this is a big, flowery, heady perfume that will drive men nuts. Spray it in places on your body where he can smell but your nose can't reach.

Cams
Cams

Very glamourous & grown-up and lasts forever. Beautifully packaged ( if you care about that) and will be noticed by others. Expensive.

beatrix75
beatrix75

o my how rich and soft in the same time ,how can be one fragrance soooo much elegant and beuthiful????go for it
'

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

In my opinion, this could be worn for day time as easily as night time. Everytime I wear this one - my fav by Dior - I always get compliments from my girlfriends but definitely from the guys side too. It brings out my sexy, crazy, confident side which is also why i love it so much! A definite must have in a collection!

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

J'adore first smelt on me like a cheap garden of flowers.

I knew I was very wrong when I sensed that.

Yesterday, I gave J'adore another try, and I cant belive how different it was. It was rich, classy, full of melody, and it's like a girl bursting with happiness and dancing with a bouquet of flowers. Really charming, but for the kind woman who gives away all her pennies to children. Not for the woman who always feels posh, high and mighty, and marches away with an air of impatience. Not harsh at all, but sleek, bold, elegant and kind.

The most exquisite femininity by Christian Dior.

Koukla190
Koukla190

LIQUID GOLD. PURE SILK. That is what this smells like! It is the epitomy of glamour, luxury, sophistication, class, opulence. It just smells GORGEOUS, beautiful, feminine, SMOOTH, fresh, clean, wow! There just aren't enough words to describe how great this smells on me! It is a soft, sweet floral smell with just the right hint of fruitiness at the top. It isn't too sweet or sickening though. I can't imagine anyone finding this offensive. This is an expensive perfume and you can really smell why. You can tell it's made with quality ingredients. To me this smells unique though other reviews may disagree. I haven't ever smelled a floral scent as good as this. To me this is suitable for any age. Maybe not for teenagers, but young women starting at 18 and up to much more mature women. That is because it smells young and fresh, but has a sophisticated quality. It's also not too old and stuffy or musty smelling. It's just PERFECT. I also think this is perfect for any occasion, time of day, weather, or season. It's soft, fresh and floral so it's good for summer, yet it has some body and this warm golden quality which makes it suitable for fall and winter in my opinion. On me, the EDP lasts a pretty long time for a floral, and seems to have good silage- others can usually always smell it on me, and I always get lots of compliments! I wear about three (maybe 4) sprays, and it's just right, not overpowering, but it's not like you can't smell it either. To me this is the most perfect floral perfume out there!!! It smells exactly the way the bottle looks- GORGEOUS!

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

This one MUST have been reformulated since I wore it in the 90`s. Then it was smooth and nice, but now it´s all "mature" and sour flowers. I`ll pass.

superant
superant

This has an elegant, sophisticated and feminine scent. very wearable and not overpowering so it's suitable for daytime as well as wearing it in the evening. I use this year-round in every occasion. It's perfect for me.
The smell stays on almost all day long. Bottle is simple and elegant.
My favourite perfume ever. A bit expensive in my country, but I buy it online so it's more affordable.

natefifield
natefifield

J'adore has a wonderful golden fruit smell when you first put it on. It also has a touch of bitterness to it, like when you first bite into the hard rough skin of a pear. It's warm, dry but ever so slightly sticky, somewhat intoxicating and definitely sexy.

But for my taste, it's a little too imposing in it's intoxication, too austere in it's sensuality, like a woman so glamorous as to be unapproachable. It's not very inviting. So I think that for most women, it's a bit pretentious to try and pull this perfume off. I think it probably is perfect for Charlize Theron, but few others.

The choice of the bottle shape and color is perfect: It reminds me of the African women with long neck rings: evoking the golden fruit of Africa, and it's sensual woman.

myskiesareblue
myskiesareblue

I remember this when it first launched. This was something all the young girls would wear before the lauch of the celebrity fragrances that smell like food. Its very flowery and last all day. But an older women can wear it also. This reminds me of 9th grade. It was my first real parfum from my mother.
It last all day! I had the gift set, the shower gel is pack with parfum and so is the lotion. I would layer this on and literally when I came home from school, it was there without retouching. Dior makes quality fragrances that last for hours!

jasmasid
jasmasid

Smells great on other people. Alas, on me, it's no better than insect repellent. (A very expensive insect repellent.)

mruf1
mruf1

I like this perfume, but I cannot believe all the people who say it's too strong. It may go on that way for some, but no way did this last very long...petered out in an hour. Very nice scent in a gorgeous bottle, but I will save my pennies for something that lasts a little longer.

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

Before this got reformulated it was a beautiful, chic scent that turned heads and made me feel classy and confident.

The fruity opening was very fresh and clean and had a feeling of richness to it as the vanilla and musky notes emerged in the drydown.

For me this was an evening scent, and my favorite Dior fragrance. It really did feel like wearing the perfume equivalent of beautiful gold jewelry.

However, the smell has definitely changed and it's lost the beauty that once made it so special.

The packaging is at least still beautiful.

umchung
umchung

Love the design of the bottle. It smells so feminine and special.
It's too bad that i got allergy to this smell.
I got thirsty and headach everytime i use it.
So sad...

rachelriley
rachelriley

It smells so golden and expensive, heavy yet addicting, elegant and feminine. In other words, I LOVE IT! A must try if you are interested in floral, feminine and expensive smelling perfumes

Grottola
Grottola

I agree with some of the other reviewers - J'Adore smells like a shampoo. It's a fruity-floral that doesn't necessarily smell cheap, just shampoo-like. Doesn't do anything for me.

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

personal opinion. I'm not fond of this. This fragrance wasn't too bad. I am just not fond of sweet florals. It didn't give me a headache or irritate me when I smelled it. I put it on my wrists and neck lightly and it lasted all day. It is the second time I have gotten a sample vial and I still don't like it. I also don't think it is anything spectacular.... ok so now for being objective: It is a sweeter floral so probably best for day wear, spring and summer. The fragrance lasts all day even applied lightly so a bottle would last a person a long time.

agi
agi

Its is so nice smelling perfume,i love this one,the best from all J'adores for me.

Hyponse
Hyponse

It`s a light, delicate fragrance. On my skin the top and middle notes with fruit and flowers dominate, and I can`t seem to get the basenotes out. So on my skin this is a light day-time perfume. I have it at home, but I struggle to empty it because I miss vanilla and spicy notes.

Alphamale
Alphamale

It weak knees as K1 wrote, sensual, well done, feminine, smells like love 10/10

i can fall easily on a woman wearing this.

midhav
midhav

I finally got my hands on this perfume. Fell in love with it after first sniff.
It is a very fresh, yet mysterious and classy fragrance witch makes me think of this sexy and confident woman.
I really like it and i am dying to find out if my husband likes it as mutch as i do.
I will put it to test tonight :)

lilka
lilka

I finished 3 bottles of this wonder, now I miss it so much.It's a masterpiece for sure

senisteve
senisteve

The opening of J' adore is so chic and classic. It oozes mystery, sexual appeal and confidence. It is slightly strong for me in the beginning which in the past has discouraged me from buying it but now that i can wear it on my skin and experience its development, i can truly appreciate this perfume as it' s cleverly made. The drydown is a heavenly experience: While it slowly changes, more and more femininity is revealed. I think one must be patient at first with J'adore but the suprising perfume will be a such a sensation. It truly rivals the greatest of perfumes!

BethPot39
BethPot39

Great perfume! When you wearing this you feel happy and cheerful, I love people who wear this sweet smell of fruits and flowers!

n.hidayah

it lasts long on me and its kinda serious and complex perfume that for some people it might give a bad headache

floricica
floricica

It doesn't last that long (about 2 hours on my skin). Also , although it's classiffied as a floral-fruitty, Ican only detect the floral notes and some kind of sweetness from the fruits, but no vanilla what so ever.

possumke
possumke

This one packs a powerhouse punch!
Extremely feminine, extremely sweet, well refined with killer jasmine!
Although I have enjoyed a couple of bottles of this one in the past, I would find it too heavy for myself these days. The sillage is excellent, and lasting power in EDP is great. One of the few fragrances I have owned that snagged many a compliment from mature men.

ladymillion123456789
ladymillion123456789

I must say this perfume is stunning and sexy and to the person that said in there review that j adore is a cheap fragrance then you really are clueless about fragrances j adore is one of the best and most famous and popular fragrances ever released so think twice before you call this cheap and unpleasant fellow fragrantica member

dame piglet
dame piglet

I so wish that I didn't dislike this perfume, but I really don't like it at all (at least on me). On me, it starts off with the smell of 1000 furious, drunken dandelions. After a painfully long time, it settles down into an almost medicinal Dial soap smell.
On me - no fruit, no musk, just a smell I couldn't wash off my skin no matter how hard I tried (well, to be fair, I did NOT try using Dial soap to wash it off) and a mild headache.

I don't know how to tell my fiance to NEVER buy that again because I hate it so. :(

tiffanykimwagner
tiffanykimwagner

My mom used to use this and it reminds me of her. This scent is very close to my heart as it brings back a lot of memories of my mom.

omixochitl
omixochitl

I love this, for me this is one of the most elegant and feminine perfumes, in spite of its extreme popularity: I had it a while ago and on my skin it is a very pleasant strong floral, warm but not overpowering. It lasts a long time. This one is a must in my collection, c'est le féminin absolu!

Very good sillage and longevity.

caydesugar
caydesugar

This is a nice smelling perfume. But IMO i think this is just too plain. I don't love it. Just smells like a nice smelling shampoo. Nothing special to go gaga for.

Louw
Louw

I find this a bit generic - nothing at all outstanding about it. Nice enough at first - quite fresh and warm -but when it dries down, there's a lingering note of sweetness that I find a bit annoying. Gave my bottle away very quickly!

PiggyB
PiggyB

Linear, unoriginal, there’s nothing stands out.
Chemical odor by mass marketing strategy is far from artistic creations achieved by some fragrance houses.

Many plastic grey desks in a large office room, there are no partition to maintain personality.

Piratka
Piratka

I liked the perfume, but I know better ones from Dior :).

maryco036
maryco036

Beautiful! This perfume is sweet, sophisticated and enrapturing. It isn't powdery and I feel sexy and classy when I wear this one. I love the smell of this on my skin. This is quickly becoming a favourite. This blend works and I will have this on my dresser for a long time.

Sunike
Sunike

I've longed for this for years...but after I got it for a Christmas well... It is a nice one, and I do like it, but it definitely isn't my favourite. It's a bit too stiff, to formal for me. Maybe I'm still too young for it :D or maybe it's my work. It just doesn't suit my day-to-day lifestyle.

ujhb
ujhb

I wore this scent for a year or so in high school, it's young to me...fruity and sweet but I think I bought it more because of the brand, rather than being into the actual scent. It isn't amazing but it's an ok scent.

sophisticated
sophisticated

love the bottle, other than that, there's nothing to love, it's too synthetic, horrible on my skin, it really was disastrous; it's safe to say it doesn't work with my chemistry at all

missal1ce
missal1ce

shampooey scent with an almost metallic scent to it. i think it's the bottle....but the bottle is lovely to collect.

bubububzy
bubububzy

This is gorgeous and elegant. I had this perfume few years ago and Brings back nice memories. I would love to purchase another bottle.

Siv55
Siv55

A man once sniffed me as if curious and then grabbed me back in a kind of double take, caught by surprise, MUST smell that again kind of sniff then asked "what are you wearing?!" in an almost acusatory way.
"J'adore" I said, and for once I meant it.

CottonSpore80
CottonSpore80

The first time I smelled this perfume was when one of my mother's friends stepped into the car after having applied it not too long before. I immediately thought: "She has good taste." Dior J'Adore has been around for a long time but I only got my first whiff of it last year and only recently decided to make the purchase. As stated before by a lot of people, the drydown is reminiscent of certain shampoos, but to me that is a good thing since I love smelling clean. J'Adore is a beautiful fragrance that smells fresh and feminine. The bottle is beautiful and even though the price tag is quite high for this particular fragrance, in my opinion it is well worth it.

worood-mohamedia
worood-mohamedia

J'adore the perfume this what I feel about this perfume.It's reminded me my honeymoon time I used to wear it with the cream 10 years ago now I REALY MISS IT.

missfrangrant123
missfrangrant123

This is one of my fav perfumes! It's slightly fruity but mature scent suitable for all year round. It's sophisticated and doesn't really smell like any other perfume I've tried. The staying power is great and the scent is really strong in the early afternoon. Love this perfume!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mdnightxrose
mdnightxrose

I bought this perfume when I was 15 and absolutely fell in love. This is a scent that I wear all year and I love it a little more every time. I'm not a fan of very florally perfumes, so it's a bit of surprise that this is my #1 perfume. I wear many other perfumes, but this one is always present in my collection.

shifafrost
shifafrost

It's simply amazing...so feminine and sensual. I once sprayed it on my pillow, and we had a party at home that day, I remember all the guys were hugging and sniffing that pillow, almost getting high, lol...to them it was sooooo magical lol....and its such a balanced perfume...love it absolutely !!!

Antigone
Antigone

Maybe it did not go well with my chemistry. Cold, annoying, like cheap quality perfume for matured woman. I ended by giving it to my mother. Besides, she did not like it too :):):)

sofababe
sofababe

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!
So sophisticated without being overpowering. It also lasts ages. I applied last night at 6.30 pm and I can still smell it on myself at 11 am! Shower time, then I may reapply as I want more of this deliciousness!

etmpewo
etmpewo

A nice bottle to collect (especially as I have a special edition) but somehow it comes on too strong when I'm wearing it.

Malaika
Malaika

Besser als jeder Blumenstrauß.Ein Duft zum verlieben.Für mich ein bsoluter immerwieder nachkaufduft.

fionalovesperfume
fionalovesperfume

I sprayed it on my wrists today in a shop. My first unrefined impressions:
It is a beautiful, iridescent smell. Every time I sniff my wrist I can smell another heavenly note, they all blend very well. But it is so strong!!! I sprayed it three times on me, that was definitely a mistake. I walked down the road and all of a sudden a big cloud of perfume hit me in the face from the front. There was nobody walking in front of me, so I knew it was me.
I want this perfume! But it is a very bold scent, it is very in- your- face, you have to wear it with caution.
I would also say it is a perfume for a woman, not for a teenager.

nicolette09
nicolette09

Is is a beautiful fragrance but I don't know how much to apply because the last time I wore J'adore it gave me a bad headache. It's an incredible and classy perfume!

When I first smelled J'Adore, I thought it was so lush, fruity, and sweet. There is no doubt I liked the scent. The orchid and plum really popped. But as it wore down, I felt that I'd smelled it before, and I realized it smells like my Liz Claiborne Bora Bora, which is much cheaper. I also realized it reminded me very much of fabric softener, which smells like Alfred Sung Shi. I can't explain it, but J'Adore smells more complex and of higher quality than the other two perfumes I mentioned. I would rather own this Dior than own Shi or Bora Bora. But since I already own them, I would really have no reason to buy J'Adore.

ngreeny
ngreeny

I like sweet scents, but J'adore is too much for me, sugar overkill describes it perfectly. On the plus side, wearing it can put you off eating desert and in my experience men tend to like it.

cattyroig
cattyroig

i think it smell abit like shampoo
its common scent .. i dun rly love it at the beginning
but after i like it more n more
and also lots of guys love it
they said its fresh n young ..
and the bottle is classic n sexy

Bethesda
Bethesda

As this is my first review I thought it should be about one of my all-time favourite perfumes! This was my first pure floral after breaking away from a string of aquatic 90s fragrances and it remains an absolute classic despite some stiff competition. The scent is as people have described - elegant, classy, warm, clean and uplifting. The notes that really stand out for me are magnolia, orchid, freesia, jasmine and rose (I also smell honeysuckle even though it's not listed). There is a subtle musky base but it's totally balanced with the floral notes which linger lusciously on the skin for hours. It's perfect for lazy summer days or balmy nights out drinking cocktails. I tend to wear this more in the spring/summer but it would also work well as a winter scent on days where you want a bit of a pick-me-up. Pure sunshine in a bottle. :)

Tatilove
Tatilove

I've smelt this perfume before and it was wonderfully floral, fresh, femine. It reminded me of an elegant woman walking along a beach on a sunny day in a white, very light fabric dress as the breeze flows her hair back, while holding her sandals in her hands and letting the warm sand tickle her feet. And I've liked that perfume eversince. But my friend has a bottle and I sprayed some on today and it smelled like some of those "sccented" nail polish removers. You know, those nail polish removers that say it is scented on the bottle but it's actually a strong scent of acetone blended with something floral. Well that's what it was like for me today. At first I thought, hey maybe it's because I just spayed it, so I decided to wait for the drydown, but it was not much better.

Is it that dior is not making the j'adore perfumes like they used to because of suchhhhh high demands, or did I get a hold of a fake one?
Has anyone else experienced this?

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Yet another generic fruity-floral that at first smells like a functional scent for a cheap shampoo, hair spray, or hair gel, but rapidly gains momentum as it dries down, transforming into a screaming, obese, psychotic, lily-of-the-valley-infected generic floral with a harsh woody base, the evil mother-in-law of all light fruity-florals, the most insipid of which seems positively delicious by comparison.

My experience of J’Adore wasn’t enhanced by the fact that my sample spray vial didn’t spray, but dribbled on my wrist and fingers, probably dispensing much more than was wise. I was literally choking and gagging on the fumes of this hazardous chemical spill, so had to wash it off, but even washing didn’t cut it down to a manageable size. After a second full scrub and masking with rosemary-scented lotion, it seemed like most of it was gone (and what a relief!), but it did make its way back through to some extent so that I could conclude that the drydown is about the same floral scent as the opening, but with more synthetic woody notes.

This is too much of a floral scent for me to stomach, so I’ll take the liberty of renaming it Je Déteste.

Lovable Amy
Lovable Amy

This perfume smells very elegant, classy, and sophisticated. I wear this perfume during on special occasion only. Every women should have one i think. Suitable for office wear as well.

mirna86
mirna86

My mom use this scent, and I think it´s warm and too sweet, It´s a very elegant perfume but I don´t like it because I like fresh and young scents.

GabyE
GabyE

This is an awesome scent. Very elegant, femenine, sophisticated and what is more, extremely memorable. I really don´t think it´s fruity at all, instead I think it has woody notes at the end, that make this perfume to last for ever!
It remains me of a perfect sunny day with the love of my life...in a very romantic ocasion.

Katrusya31
Katrusya31

nice perfume, sweet and tender like a spring romance and feminine...

breeze&somnolence
breeze&somnolence

Ohhh....this one is just timeless! I can never tire of J'adore. It just has to be there to grace my perfume collection. One whiff of this scent and i am enchanted. It is beauty and magic captured in dazzling molten gold. one whiff and I am lying upon a bed of million freshly cut flowers, shaped like butterflies and painted with myriad colours. Colours never seen before. A lush sensation running deep in my soul. It makes me feel sexy, desired and admired. words can never quite describe how beautiful this scent really is, just a classic and sensational scent, in my opinion.

malia
malia

I love everything about J'adore. I think this is a perfume i can wear for ever. It has a delicate, luxury, gentle scent. Makes me feel light, elegant and irresistable.

Ohkit
Ohkit

A perfect scent. Classic and feminine. Dior at its best. This generation's iconic Chanel No 5.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

J`adore is a grace, classic and luxury scent. It's more of a floral scent to my nose rather than floral-fruity. Quite grown-up.

Wearing it I have somewhat a nostalgic feeling. Would be a good choice when attending some formal event, it will definitely win respects.

Emma x
Emma x

I smelt this in house of fraser while shopping with Abby xoxo, after the advert we were both curious as to what it smelt like. But it was really not what we expected, very "old lady" perfume expected it to be a bit more glamourous, but instead there is a nast whiff of something that i cant out my finger on, just dont like it. x

xpetra82
xpetra82

i used to love it but now i can't stand it because of the memories...i think that means that is memorable...and that's good...

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I simply adore this perfume. It has elegance, style and class. One of my top 3 all time favourite perfumes.

For years this perfume used to be the only one I liked. Then I chanced upon L'Eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake (which I am also in love with!) and the two have been my signature perfumes for the last few years.

I love everything about J'adore. It starts out a bit sharp, zesty and harsh. I love that! The middle notes remind me of golden fluid. And the dry down evokes delicate sensuality.

A perfume created with a lot of taste, that's all I can say. I believe it will continue to be amongst my favourite ones for a long time.

tixa
tixa

Very nice,very clear sent,very feminine with my favorite Lily of the Vally.

outofocus
outofocus

I think JAdore it's a textbook example on how to sell a fragance that would otherwise be boring and irrelevant through an image. Charlize's ad could convince me of trying this scent and become a Parisian bombshell, the flacon makes me stare at it in the middle of a hundred others...
But unfortunately for Dior, I am looking for a really nice fragance, one that would stand out in my real self, not in Charlize. Sorry for the millions spent, as far as to me. But surely they are worth it for Dior.

So famous and sold around, so cloying overripe molded pear for me.
I'm no a fan of fruity fragrances, so this could be a reason for my dislike, yet I like some fruity scents.
On my skin J'adore is all about fruits, fruits, fruits with a hint of shy flowers scared by the fruits. Not fresh beautiful ripe fruits anyway. It's the invasion of the bad pear allied with bad melon.
It's very tenacious and invasive. It lives on clothes for a while. The bottle is beautiful. The concept itself is already outdated.
Wear it if you want to be noticed.

georgiannna
georgiannna

it's a sublime perfume, soft, gorgeous, lasting all day long.

mimosabee
mimosabee

This one is a Dior goldmine. Distinctive, classy and elegant. Feels like winter sun. I think pear gives it a unique opening... I would categorize this scent 25+ well groomed women.
Might have better results with bronze skin.

LaPetite
LaPetite

It's one of the top seller in my country ,but i really don't understand what's the big fuss about this all .
It's nice , but that's it .
I dislike most of Dior scent , and this one is no exception , but for a different reason . Dior usually launches "Big personality scent" , but this one is an easy way out , the one that will please everyone, because it's not risky . It's like any ordinary cologne you would find at the supermaket with a big name on it.
And it's very costy at that , to much for what it is .
This is only my opinion however.

Asmaa youssef
Asmaa youssef

i tested today it is adorable scent , it is fresh, very soft, classy, feminine, subtly sparkling, sexy but withe Romantic style,really it is unique and stylish, i think you will wear this scent when you want to appear attractive with elegant way.

jasmine28x
jasmine28x

I love love love it ! Its my love affair.
Beautiful fragrance - a masterpiece <3
Its a sexy fragrance - makes me feel like a goddess.

Lasts for 5 hours on me & sillage is ok.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

The EDT is boring, the EDP passable but try the 'flower absolue' version of this, it is truly beautiful! Lush, peachy sunlight!! I would definately wear it in that concentration but not in the others.

fanciful
fanciful

Very nice and feminine! Starts off fruity and a bit citrusy but as it develops, powdery notes start to come through. The powdery finish is indeed what I love the most about this.
It's not very strong or complicated, but a nice and elegant daytime fragrance for almost anyone!

norlyz
norlyz

very nice - sweet and flowery and stays very long.the almost perfect perfume.just one thing, how come sometimes i smell something like nuts in this?

Contessa01
Contessa01

This is fresh, beautiful, classy and surprisingly complex. It may seem linear initially but as the layers unfold you have the impression a lot of work went into constructing this beauty, and I appreciate that. It is a scent that I can imagine nearly any woman liking and it can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. A must have for a well rounded collection.

Angelstar
Angelstar

Help!! Im not sure whether I like this or not - I used to wear it years ago and then moved on to another fragrance. My mum gave me it for Christmas this year and I sprayed it on hoping to relive that familiar, lovely scent - but my gosh it was ok when I first sprayed it but after a while there was something about it that was a bit overpowering. I've been wearing softer scents lately so hopefully it is just a matter of getting used to it again - its probably more of a scent for spring anyhow so I'll maybe try again then.

Ohhh Sherapop! I am soo amazed, how we both seem to detect a REAL turn off note in this perfume. I wish I knew for sure what this note is. To me it is not a really synthetic note that turns me off here, more a note that is so animalic that it reminds me of something that I cannot state here, because it would not be polite. Not very fresh in any case...

rosabell
rosabell

Not bad but nothing spectacular. A bit like a nice Shampoo ... Something very light,just like a perfume for people who don't assume being indeed perfumed.
If it were a car, it could easily be a VW or a regular Ford- nothing original ,not a great design,not so many HPs but it takes you from A to B and you feel good. Is this wrong ?! I guess not.Is this Dior? It shouldn't be...

susiechoo
susiechoo

Because I know so many people loving this scent, I thought maybe I could like it too, but this scent is WAY too powerful. 2 sprays of the EDP is probably too much.
I didn't want to spray it on myself because I would be too annoyed with it.

Though, I'm not sure how the EDT would be. I just don't like the actual scent...reminds me of really strong soap.

On the other hand, I LOVE J`adore L`eau Cologne Florale, my favourite version of the lot! It's a nice floral, simple, not too sweet. I love magnolia and this scent's most noticeable note is magnolia!

vsmini
vsmini

I've tested this numerous times at the department stores and all I smell on the sample paper strip and on myself are apples, apples apples! That's it. Usually I have a pretty good nose that can pick out notes like nobody's business but this one just smelled like sweet apples to me. I have been going through the reviews, double checked to see that I was on the right perfume review page. I don't get it.

I like the scent, it's nice but nothing I would buy because it seems like I could get a cheap version of this at a drugstore or at B&BW. So strange.

krishka

lovely perfume, sophisticated but sexy too, elegant, warm, flowery scent...long lasting on me abt 8hrs...simply love it!

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

So cliche and unappealing. I can understand all the ''oohhs and ahhhs'' as like with all the fragrances - it will appeal to some while to some - it will smell like a cheap wallpaper glue.
To me, J'adore is a cloying mixture that is neither sexy nor feminine. Smells like hundreds of cheap deodorants I used when I was a little girl.
I am not sure why it is so popular and why I can't see the phenomenon behind thousands of bottles sold; I love classics but to me - J'adore will never be one of them.
I wouldn't give it as a gift to anyone, even to my mother in law.
If you don't feel like flushing the money down the drain, you may wish to pass that one.

aimeedoll
aimeedoll

I can take it or leave it to be honest with you. Nice smell but it doesn't stand out among the millions of others out there. Only interesting thing is the lovely, classy bottle.

empressevie
empressevie

This perfume is just too much for me - too strong, too flowery, it just addles my senses and gives me a headache. I am very wary of hugely floral perfumes, and this is one of them on me. It also, imo, lacks oomph and vavoom...maybe what I mean is depth. It's kind of like floral spray on my skin.

Faith17
Faith17

This one is great! It warms me up on a cold day and make me feel so fuzzy inside. It's great for a night out or a classy get-together. Very amber-like.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Oh dear. The combination of violets roses, and lots of fruits, is not a good one for me, I'm afraid. I just had a look at other perfumes with a similar potpourri and it all makes sense.

It is sharp, sharp, sharp on me. And sour-ish. Believe it or not, it hurts the back of my throat.

Sillage? Yup. Longevity? I wouldn't know: I'm about to scrub it off. Sorry.

Blonde Gypsy
Blonde Gypsy

This is a lovely fragrance and makes me feel feminine. For some reason since the season has been cooler ive craved spring/summer scents more than usual. This is the one that is cheerful, fresh, feminine, and clean. I have many female friends that fall in love once i've shared this. It is a classic to behold that every woman should try. Tommy Girl is similar to this, i like it also. But this one is more sophisticated and has more pizazz

TankGirl
TankGirl

Oh what can I say more about J'adore?!
I really like it, its a smell that is perfect for young adult womens on their middle twenties. In my skin is fresh and clean but has a deep and fascinating personality. Its polished, its golden and well blended. This perfume will be a classic and we will see it on the stores in the next 30 years for sure.
I think its a perfect summer fragrance for someone who wants to smell clean, fresh and fruty/floral but not in a sweet, sickening way because its extremely sophisticated and unique.
The smell on my skin is something like flowers floating on the see, because J'adore has a salty edge that I really like. Its a european beach in a bottle, without all the anoying coconutts and pina colada notes. Love it until the end of time 5*

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is a gorgeous warm and pretty floral.
The fruitiness is minimal to me, just enough to keep it from being boring. If I had to describe this in one word it would be golden. It is classy and sophisticated and really more for twenty-somethings than teens. Not so strong that you can't wear it on a daily basis, but rather too showy for an office.

the perfume collector
the perfume collector

beautiful,sexy,glamourous and chic creation but small lasting on me. i like this one that is the original but i also like all the other makeovers for new editions

mocha43
mocha43

Maybe it is the sample I obtained but this has no lasting power on me or sillage. When first applied it is a lovely fruity floral but it fades quickly to a faint ghost of its former self.It only lasts 30 minutes on me. I have read of Astor Place being a copy of J'Adore but the Astor Place in my collection is more floral with a mandarin and violet leaf kick, has tremendous sillage and lasts for hours.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

Soft and a bit cozy, def for a mature woman i think. Smells good and is not to loud at all. Its a "lagom" perfume as we say in sweden, wich means just enough,cause it is one of those perfumes that you cant tell someone is wearing, and by that i mean that with some perfumes you can really tell that it smells perfume,this one just smells:)

moly
moly

I didn't like it once, but some time ago I sprayed a little bit on my wrist, out of curiosity. And I realized that it is very mature and sophisticated scent. Like many of you said, not for a teenager. I just had to grow up to understand its beauty.

secretcrush
secretcrush

This is a sparkling fruity-floral executed in a grown-up manner. Definitely not for ur 13 y/o niece lol!!! Sexy, bright and lasts forever on ur skin and clothing... Can be a lil cloying/headache-inducing if u use too much, as a lil goes a long way, trust me I have ODed on this and had 2 change b4 going out lol...

adele l
adele l

Weird. I have left J'adore languishing in a drawer for a few years (part of a coffret) and on retest I realize it's never been unpleasant and in fact is gorgeous. The citrus does not clash with my chemistry and it's not overly fruity only slightly sweet. In fact it is strong and classy. I cannot smell the jasmine and the rose is very subtle- the listed notes are a little surprising!

guest_babelicious
guest_babelicious

I have worn J'adore since it came out. But the last 100 ml bottle I got has disappointed me so. I couldn't understand why something that smelt amazing on me suddenly reaked. So I surfed the web and kept an ear out. Then I finally chanced upon a book by a fabulous 'nose', can't mention his name. But he revealed that there were some v impt elements of J'adore which were replaced with some synthentic crap...no surprise about the reek. Where do I go now for the original J'adore, NOT the crap on Dept Store counters.

nyoka

THis is a REAL parfum! Nothing artifical or man made in it!IT begins like sum others with oranges but,these r big,juicy ripe,fragrant oranges! Fresh as if just picked.Slowly,sweet jasmine and big juicy plums greet u with a headturing bANG!THe unusual dry down of wild blackberries melds into the mix to make a sexy concoxtion of heavenly bliss! I dont think it smells like anything but itself! I agree Dior fumes adapt themselves to each individual with ease.THe longivity on this is great.For some reason,I imagine this is what angels smell like!

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

To me this smells very similar to Elizabeth Ardens Splendor! They both are (to me) somehow "oldfashioned" florals with some fruits to make it fresh. They even share at least 9 notes! In Splendor the pineapple adds a bit sweetness and sparkling freshness. But Jàdore has better base, a bit warmer.
Don´t really like eather one of them. Not bad but not my cup of tea.

jedikitty
jedikitty

I have a small tester spray of this, bough via eBay. I like this scent a lot... maybe I'm nuts but when I wear this one, I feel bubbly and happy.

Reading so many negative reviews only prodded me to get this sample to find out once and for all if this is any good, and if this is good for me. So happens, it is.

I wore Dior perfumes since I was 17, and never found them "cheap", or boring, or "common". Quite the opposite, actually, and what I found over many years that Dior scents seem to have a mind of their own and just "know" how to meld with the wearer. Granted, some people cannot stand them and that's fine and normal; not every fragrance will suit every wearer. But what I find with Dior (Miss Dior, Dune, Poison, J'adore) is that these fragrances mutate from one person to another, almost becoming a custom-made to each person, and that is wonderful. After all, we want to be unique, not copies of one another (although I would not mind a bit to look like Charlize Theron). So, if the scent wears differently on me than it wears on you, I think that's a good thing.

I'd love to get a bottle of J'adore to add to my small (but trusty) collection.
Had many perfumes, edt's, edc's in my life and gave away most of them... but this one I'll keep.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Poor J'Adore just doesn't rock my boat, boil my potatoes or dip my biscuit.

A wholly polished fruit driven floral, it has all the charm of an equally polished mahogany doorknob. Sure it may be pretty. It is definately functional on a day-to-day basis. It may even stand the test of time. But to me, it is ultimately bland and forgettable.

I think perhaps the problem I am having is that this fruity brew is far too cohesive & well blended to have any real personality. While some other perfumes have a slight flaw or imbalance to illustrate the sublime beauty of other notes, J'Adore is just too one-dimensional. You don't have work for it. Of course, if you just want to smell 'nice' then this has obvious appeal.

So to some, J'Adore will be a flawless diamond in a white gold setting; to others like me, it is just a doorknob.

Poca
Poca

Actually it's a beautiful feminine scent. But I'm sorry J'adore, I really don't adore you, no matter how many times I tried myself to really like it. This perfume just doesn't work for me.

- Too floral and bold
- I expect it to be gentle and sexy, but the scent is too powerful and kinda distracts my nose.
- Please don't spray too much cause the scent lasts long.
- I feel kinda old wearing this perfume, so for you who wants to be a romantic floral woman, this might be good for you, but not the best ones.
- But you can treat this perfume better when you have very special occasion, gala dinner, where you can pair it with beautiful gown.

Passionflower
Passionflower

I love it. It's not as special as the add with Charlise Theron would have you believe, but it's certainly a classic.

alexanna7
alexanna7

I love j adore!feminine,floral with a plummy scent.can smell the tuberose.melon,plum,lili of the valley,rose,black currant.love it!suggest for a verry feminine woman that love perfumes!

For people loving this and feeling Celine Celine might be to strong, try Royal Doulton! A gorgeous sister to J'Adore that is equally soft. Royal Doulton being created 1 year prior to J'Adore!
Good luck!

rainydays
rainydays

There's something about J'adore that is very off-putting to my nose. From the notes listed I expected a highly feminine floral, topped with rich notes of juicy fruits like peach, pear, and various citruses. Yes, all the notes are there, but they come across as flat and terribly boring. Even a little cheap. I think it might be the tuberose that makes me turn my head away, as I don't particularly like it. I expected more from this.

Annica
Annica

Dior J´adore I don´t adore you. Too sharp flowers!! It is supposed to be a floral-fruity fragrance. Where are the fruits? This is one of the most sickening fragrance I have smelled.
Dior-yes, but they can do better.

swedeangel
swedeangel

Very nice,but i wouldnt buy it. It is a very happy,very sunny scent - and that i like .Its sunny ,not in a fresh truely sunny way ,but in a golden way ,if anyone gets my thoughts there. What i do not like about it is a quite sharp eighties-feeling ,a tone that was very often there in older scents,like elizabeth ardens, or like in sun moon stars. Thats what putting me off a little,and my feelings stays at the like but wont buy stadium .

pinkcatfurr
pinkcatfurr

*LOVE This is like a drug it is so good!
I don't think a perfume can get any better. 5/5 for me :)
I just got this in the post today.
I can't believe I haven't got this sooner. I have a different version of it, but doesn't come close to the eau de parfum.

dragonesque
dragonesque

My recent acquisition, J’adore EDP, is very professionally crafted. Its sillage and longevity are something not to be denied. To me it’s more of a floral, rather than floral-fruity nature – orchid and lily-of-the-valley are most prominent to my nose. Though florals (and especially fruity florals) are not my cup of tea (as my favorite fragrances mostly lie within the oriental woody class), I like having J’adore in my collection – as a memorable classic and an adorable bottle =) I do not think I will reach for it often – too safe for my taste, and too recognizable. Nevertheless, it’s useful to keep it for those occasions when, apart from my adventurous nature, I want to reveal my ladylike self. =)

Perfumaniac

Enter the legend of J’adore… absolute
femininity according to Dior. The fluid
curves of the emblematic amphora-shaped
bottle give rise to the generosity of a floral
bouquet - a fresh accord of Ylang-Ylang,
vibrant Roses and a caressing Jasmine. The
essence of glamour.

Richnata
Richnata

Romantic, sensual, sexy, feminine, intriguing, with a character, actual for all seasons, compatible with all ages...A love it, I have it and when it is over, I'll have the other one! When I can doubt what to wear from fragrances, I put what I J'adore.

Chantal
Chantal

The name is interesting. "I Love" (J'aime typically means "I Like"). J'adore is a distinctive floral scent. Fresh, uplifting, it makes me feel like a woman in the best sense of the word, neither old nor unwise. The bottle boasts long flowing lines and curvaceous contours, no other bottle is comparable in shape. I am a Dior fan, and I am not disappointed with J'adore. I prefer perfumes of the house of Dior because I very rarely find the quality lacking, if ever. J'adore is an prime example of Dior’s fine fragrance record because of its lasting power, multi-faceted dry-down and simply the great taste involved in the packaging, bottle design and advertizing campaign. I enjoy J’adore when I’m in a mood for it. It is an intimate scent, soft and luminous. The bottle captures the essence of the perfume it contains. The bottle makes me want to smell it, smelling the nozzle makes me want to wear it, wearing it makes me happy. Try it out, it may be right for you. But just a warning, try it on a place where you can wash it off easily in the event that it does not agree with you, because it will linger for a good long while, a quality that you will definitely appreciate if you adore it. J’adore. Dior.

iris_iris
iris_iris

This is Miss Dior Cherie's mom !

It indeed is very pleasant. Light, flowery with a hint of fruityness. Perfect for daytime, inoffensive and classy. Suits any age and makes everyone happy I guess. I don't think however that it's ordinary. In the crowd of floral-fruityness this one is the best. It's not girly or soapy or too sweet etc, but very well balanced. I tried many floral-fruity scents when I was looking for something for spring, and this one I liked the most. I don't think Dior will ever disappoint me.

edit: almost a year later and I like it more and more. Weird because I tend to like florientals and spicy perfume which J'adore is an opposite. I wear it mostly when I need to be relaxed and calm. I have to say it works.

beor
beor

Amazing,gorgeus, tender, lovely and simply..... adorable.

Rouu
Rouu

J'adore is one of the best perfumes i have!! light,soft,glamorous and sweet

so tender and feminine .. i had it 2 times .. i can wear it through cold, hot,day or night!! wearable fragrance with a very classy touch, not sweet in a cheap way ,
its so classy scent with plenty fruity touch , alot of joy fruits then jasmine and floral heart and amazing warm base.

how ever its old fragrance i still fell so modern when i wear it it reflect Dior line clearly .. fresh,and warm same time ,classy feminine and long lasting i like the original J'adore than all J'adore editions !!

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

This is one of my current signature scents. I've worn it for years, mainly during spring and summer.

To me it is such a beautiful classic floral. It's light and fresh and reminds me of warm golden sunshine in Hawaii. (I actually purchased it just before a trip to Hawaii and wore the heck out of it over there.)

It will always be welcome when spring comes around but I think I am ready for a new summer love...

Edited 6/12/10: I wore J'Adore last evening and I was reminded how much I love it! There's nothing more feminine on a warm summer evening. This is still one of my all-time favorites.

ravenheir89
ravenheir89

I was pretty dissapointed with the perfume, thinking it would be a clean and fresh scent. My nose just doesnt agree with it. Its something that only last 1-2 hrs on me. The smell gives me headaches.... At first i love it but then after a few weeks i begin to get sick of it. It does work on others though.. just not for me.

njdeb
njdeb

Pretty, but nothing special. Would be non-offensive and easy to wear everyday, but I think I would get bored of it. It seems somehow unfinished to me. A good base but missing some note/notes that would add a spark and make it unique

kraxa
kraxa

I got it back in 2000 from then my husband to be, I wore it on my wedding day, so my only pleasant association is with that. Soon after then I moved on from J'adore and from that marriage as well ;-))) I was glad I did stop using J'adore because it became so ridiculously popular, I couldn't stand being anywhere near it, especially that some girls in my then office were literally bathing themselves in cheap imitations. The same fate happend to Light Blue- immensely popular and commonly imitated, no thank you.

mmizy
mmizy

This perfume is the epitome of sophistication!! not to mention that I love the commercial with Charlize Theron. It reminds me of champagne not only because of the color of the juice but that it is sparkling floral with hints of fruit. And the lasting power is great. I sprayed it nine this morning and still smell it on my wrist and its ten at night. Its a spring fragrance for sure!! It reminds me of the new chloe but a touch sweeter and daisy from marc jacobs but more grown up

guest_fairlady
guest_fairlady

I find it very sweet and not at all suitable for the office. It would be nice for an evening out type of perfume.

danimcneil
danimcneil

I have worn this for over a year now, and am wearing it today and realized that I have yet to review it! I think j'adore is fantastic. When I wear it, it gives me a gorgeous floral-soapy vibe. I feel as if I'm in a large tub in a wash room with an open window to a garden full of luxurious flowers... relaxing while the sun shines in on me. Lather bubbles slip down my golden skin and in to the warm bath water. Feminine, beatiful, etheral. I dont smell too many fruits, but then j'adore is very well balanced and blended. I believe that it can be worn as an everyday scent, or to a very special dinner/meeting, etc. The lasting power and silleage are wonderful. This is the first perfume that have worn that I would give a 10/10!

Although I do truly adore the bottle, with its sleek, fondle-worthy shape and pyramidal gold slinky neck topped with a mini crystal ball, Dior J'ADORE eau de parfum is very difficult for me to wear, as it contains the same note found in Estee Lauder BEAUTIFUL and Fragonard BELLE DE NUIT which makes me feel both queasy and anxiety stricken, as though the apocalypse may be imminent.

Using Mill's methods, I have deduced from the listed notes of these three fragrances that the culprit may be synthetic violet. But another possibility is that the synthetic note is unnamed and used as a fixative or solvent in all three. In any case, my 50ml bottle will stay nearly full, as I simply cannot don this juice without undue strife! Honestly, it has the power to ruin my day. Even seeing the ubiquitous Charlize Theron ads makes me feel somewhat uneasy... I look at the ads and see not a siren but the character she played in MONSTER.

I'm sure that for those who can tolerate the vexing mystery note this composition is wearable and perhaps even likeable. Quant à moi: Je n'adore pas du tout J'ADORE. Désolée!

dalmajen
dalmajen

I received this perfume as a gift, and was really in two minds about it. First of all I am not a floral lover, and this is really floral well to me anyway. I wore it on some occasions, but seemed to dissapear very soon on me. I liked it for the fact that it wasn't overpowering, although I like stronger fragrences. I guess i enjoyed it when i had it, but probably wouldn't buy it. The bottle is lovely, and of course have still got it!

Lady Venomtongue
Lady Venomtongue

the only problem of mine with this unique original perfume is that it heavily possesses too much orchids. thats it ! extremely accentuated orchid-jasmine accord that is abit annoying to me , other than that its a bloody good one . with strong sillage & persistent longevity .
P.S: there is just a hint of fruits mainly pear & melon in the top & evidently blackberry in the base , yet still maximally floral probably only so. impressive.

Lucero
Lucero

A lot more flowery then fruity,in fact i dont smell any fruit...i hateee floral scents but this is the only one i can stand & actualy would/will wear!

mymlan
mymlan

J'adore is a well crafted fruity floral fragrance. The opening is heady but soon enough the fragrance calms down showing its depht, richness and beautiful composition. I understand why so many people love this fragrance.

I also think that the commercials flirt with liquid gold is suitable. On my skin this fragrance developes an aura of luxury. It somehow oozes money the same way a designers purse or an expensive cashmere sweater would do. J'adore is very inoffensive without being a wallflower. It just smells very nice all the time.

And that creates a second problem. I find J'adore a bit too safe and almost ingratiating. Where is the sand grain that creates the pearl?

Having too many other hot fragrant love affairs I think J'adore would become a bit undistinctive in my fragrance wardrobe, and therefore hardly used.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I agree with reviewers like Minty who said that J'Adore is quite an ordinary perfume. It's pleasant enough in its own way but is very floral and commonplace smelling. I wouldn't describe it as being remotely fruity, just incredibly floral, and I'm surprised to see so many fruit notes listed in it. I bought a gift set of this about 3 years ago and the perfume was only a 30ml size and I've probably used it a handful of times during those 3 years because it just does nothing for me and doesn't make me feel happy when I wear it. I think though that it's an ideal perfume for a mature woman who wants to blend in and not wear anything that stands out in any way, and I can imagine it being worn to weddings, etc, with a nice flowery dress and a hat!

Personally, I prefer perfumes that are more standout and far less floral than J'Adore. I think the bottle is very nice but unfortunately the perfume itself just doesn't cut the mustard for me.

nyoka

Ireally like this scent.And wonder of wonders,so does my hubby.(He hates everything)I love the shimmer.It makes me feel like the diamond in an expensive pendant.It really is a sweet floral but,sexy.not overpowering.I detect madarine at first and i love that.I always like plum and orchid which it develops in a few minutes.yum.But,the kicker for me is the drydown.A sexy not offensive musk and that hard to come by,blackberry.Just like the real fruit.Sweet,a little bitter,bites back,and seedy to make you remember it.Lasts a long time with just the parfume(no need for layering this one,)and has great silliage.If you r a romantic,give it a try.Everyone will thank you for it even if its not one of your favorites>

minty
minty

don't like it at all, too floral, ordinary. everybody smells jadore for a long time but gladly it is over these days.
Don't know why it is so popular but I have an idea, it is just good for everybody, but not adorable.

pansylady

This is a fabulous scent with incredible presence and staying power- a mood-elevating confidence booster for those who love florals, as I do!

kvety
kvety

ABSOLUTELY ADORE this fragrance....
Got it for as my christmas present - because i wanted it and was mindering for it so much...
LOOOOOOVEEE it.

nice and light yet sophisticated, very feminine and inobtrusive, yet sexi....

TOP fragrance on my list always!!

Lady Love
Lady Love

This is just one of the best perfumes of all time. I can't live without one bottle of Jadore, cuz is the essence of true elegance.

Sweet, soft, feminine, sophisticated, and with a long power lasting without being overwhelming. Everybody know this perfume is a new classic.

hollycat
hollycat

This is my go to fragrance right now. Its very sparkly to me. It doesnt smell fruity on me. I has a floral smell that is tempered by the musk at its base. The musk in not obvious until I wear this for a while. The staying power is great and thats important to me, also good silliage. I feel womanly and positive when I where it. I think its a sexy yet happy fragrance.

chance25
chance25

This is one of those headache in a bottle perfumes for me. It has a great sparkling quality to it I like, but it grows and intensifies like a hang over. I smell more melon with greens than I do fruits and florals. Not a problem I love so many other perfumes, just not this one.

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

J'adore is the mother of all fruity floral fragrances. Although J'adore is being overlooked by newer fruity floral fragrances, I still look to it as the one that gave perfumery a new dimention. Since it came out in '99, it truly did change the world of the perfume industry.

snitchings
snitchings

i am a boy and i just adore this smell on a girl. it smells so elegant and it is VERY feminine while not being overpowering.

Amazing smell from dior.

l'essence
l'essence

was given this for a birthday and really appreciated it as it seemed rich and elegant but everytime I try to wear it I find it cloying and has somewhat sour notes. Maybe because of the plum.

flowers_are_evil
flowers_are_evil

fell in love with J'adore when I first tried it in 2001, since then had four bottles and with the last one I'm really struggling - it used to smell quite sweet and flowery before and now it seems so fresh and boring,so I use it as my everyday perfume, when I'm doing some boring domestic activities like grossery shopping or taking my kid to the park. Couple of years ago it was my "going-on-a-date" fragrance. I think I've just grown out of it.

Nicole79
Nicole79

Great fragrance!!! but i am not sure that i can describe it...a very original fragrance: flowery, bittery , very modern and feminine...to weare day/ night...very long lasting...i adore J'adore edp...one of my favorites :)

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

This is an extraordinary and well made perfume, but it doesn't fit with my body chemistry. On my skin it is an overwhelming, pungent scent with an annoying sharp plum note which gives me a headache.

On others maybe it is quite alluring.

The flacon is so beautiful.

_lolita_
_lolita_

I tested it more than once and I thought there must be something about it regarding its popularity and good reviews. but everytime I spray it on my skin it turns into something horrible "thing from the grave"-like.
now I´ve accepted that we are not ment for each other.

lat
lat

this is actually pretty damn lovely!

i'm not big on floral, they get powdery on my skin way too easily. but this is complex, yet not overdone. it lasts forever and the bottle is gorgeous.

it's clean and very classy, modern and feminine. a total package, one could say.

arladanielle
arladanielle

J'adore is an elegant frag deserving of praise because of the smooth classy bottle and the beautiful combination of exotic fruits and warm florals. The plum note is very distinct.I would wear this scent on cold days since the drydown reminds me of summer.
On me, it doesn't last long,have to re spray from time to time.
Lovely.

x.Emiiie
x.Emiiie

Usually I don't like Dior perfumes but this one is beautiful. It smells delicious and exotic but not in an overly sweet way. Just perfect. I would definitely buy it.

zvoncica
zvoncica

So much luxury is captured inside golden bottle!

At first overwhelming and almost unbearable, but with time sensual and elegant. I thought it is pure floral because mostly I could smell rose and magnolia with a slight citrus hint. How rich and profound floral scent! It is perfect to match both casual and business occasions, can easily become signature scent. Be careful when applying because J`adore lingers on skin for hours. And for me most important thing, never comes into dull, synthetic stage as some perfumes tend to.

I more prefer EDT over this one cause its easier to wear and lighter. If you haven`t yet, do try J`adore, its a femininity in a bottle.

smp
smp

This perfume is obliged to have in your collection, it has good quality, appearance, feminine and lasting. By the way i bought the J'adore necklace and the bracelet also... The best!!

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

Very floral, very mild. To me it feels like quiet evening at home or a calm, predictable day at work.

orangepoppy
orangepoppy

DELEATED IN PROTEST
- Taking a stand against Fragrantica’s editing

sungelly87
sungelly87

I got this perfume right when it came out. It has been one of my absolute favorites. I really love the plum. It's fruity for day wear and lasts a while. Also, I think in 1999, this perfume was pretty original but now, not so much.

lolly77
lolly77

floral fragrance, strong at first, then tone's down, dior's second best fragrance made after PURE POISON BEING THE 1ST BEST. lovely bottle, appealing to all age groups.

truffles
truffles

This smells exactly like some dirt-cheap Spanish perfume I smelled while on holiday as a teenager about 20 years ago. So basically I'm not a fan and with the exception of Midnight Poison I don't as a rule like Dior perfumes anyway.

pansylady

An ultimate floral with a heart of warm plummy conserves - drop-dead beautiful!

Kristel
Kristel

Very floral and elegant. Smells fresh and clean.J'Adore blends jasmine, rose, tuberose, and ylang ylang with clean green notes to create a stylish and heady fragrance you'll love to wear.

Sassy1
Sassy1

A luxurious classic pretty scent that says you are a woman and proud. Wear it any season, day or night, jeans, business suit or evening gown. You'll be (and smell) spectacular!

Update: This is perfume perfection! I put it on today and got an instant lift. My mind has changed re fruity florals based on this scent alone. I don't care how "original" it is, all I know is it's in my top 5 favorites now. I just can't beleive the same company who made Poison (blech!) made this wonderful frag.

guest_AmiLee
guest_AmiLee

The perfume is amazing. It's the perfect balance of fruity and floral, and it lasts pretty long. It's not spectacularly original and not especially something one would remember, but it's a good fragrance for a typical spring or summer day. My friends and I wear it in the winter because it provides a good, refreshing feel. =)

Although, don't EVER mix this perfume with Abercrombie's Cologne 8. I made the mistake of doing that once (the shirt still smelled like AF from the store) and oh my God, shirt smelled horrible for like, the whole day.

Halvah

Finally I got my J'Adore today, and just testing it. I think it's a beautiful clen scent, even if not very original, but comforting, soapy subtle, feminine, fresh and warm at the same time. I wouldn't say it's the scent of Gold, but the scent of a woman who feels good!
The first notes are almost too fruity for me, but at least they are not teeny-like, the floral notes in the middle mixed with the top fruits are really gorgeous! The base gives you a comfortable, clean feeling.
I like it so far!

Halvah

I've just ordered this perfume and waiting for it arriving. Reading the comments below I'm a bit confused. However, I know a few Diors, and I think the great classics are unique and very personal, but modern Diors usually lack superb originality in my opinion. They are the best quality, always nice, elegant and feminine, and all absolutely safe! I can't pick one piece of today's Dior perfumes being really extravagant or extra original....
But we like Diors for their beautyness, quality and the feeling of luxury they give.
Anyway I'm waiting for my J'Adore which I ordered blind and will update.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I smell a balance between sweet red plum and a large and varied bouquet. This is the type of musk I like, delicate and young. I don't absolutely love it, but I'm ridiculously picky. I adore how it isn't too sharp, and how it seems versatile, and sweet without being like "pink sugar" (I've never smelled that one, but cotton candy as a note sounds awful....)

Light as far as serious scents go, slightly sweet, well-balanced, fresh-and the sweetness really exits. Could suit a sophisticated preteen just as well as a graceful lady of 80.Very well-done, but being quite floral, the scent sharpens a bit after the fruit fades, but it stays on the lighter side. Quite lovely, but I know at least one woman at tango who has made it her signature-alas I can't use it often as a fresh night scent-and I don't like to use it too much as a day scent....

poppy_vanderbilt
poppy_vanderbilt

I wore this several years ago when my husband bought it for me...i can't say i ever fell in love with it but i didn't dislike it...it is a very nice fragrance that on me smelled crisp light and bright very floral to me and pretty (almost too pretty)...it is an all around reliable fragrance...no one ever complimented me when i wore it but it was nuetral enough to wear at work or out at night.

ViolaineViolet
ViolaineViolet

i love the bottle and the aroma!!!! is so elegant!!!! i want to buy it!!!! my sister have it ans she grew tired from it and lend it to me

luz
luz

I dries down similar to Fragile EDT on my skin. I find it sour, resinous and sharp, almost metallic when it comes to the base notes. The EDT is more wearable, though.

guest_Papillon
guest_Papillon

This is the most adorable perfume bottle shape!And the smell is very classy especially it's not strange when I wearing on my skin.I like the way that flowers meet warming scent.Beautiful bottle + Flowers + Warming = Love it, Like it, Adore it!

nesca1502
nesca1502

I've had this perfume and like it all right. It is romantic and a little playful, long lasting, and you get a lot of compliments when you wear it.
I wouldn't make this my "signature" fragrance however, it has a bit of a sensual touch that is not completely to my taste nor goes well with my personality.

krishka

The scent is sofisticated,classy, elegant, young.
On me i can smell the flowers most...
It is light yet it is long lasting.

fingerbibs
fingerbibs

It's hard not to like this perfume. It's a playful & sweet perfume.
It's the scent of young adult ladies giggling on a sunny afternoon wearing beautiful colorful dresses.

sky76sky

Thanks Exciter76 - it's a fragrance worth shouting about....& I totally agree that it is a mercurial scent. It really is worth a day's wear to get to know its facets on YOUR skin, even if you are put off, at first, by sniffing the saccharine bottle (as I was!). It's now my 'happy' scent for 2009 - keeping me bubbly! :)

exciter76
exciter76

Sky76sky, what you wrote was pure poetry .

Syrupy sweet? Sure, and it's unapologetically so. Lasting, you bet. I found this fragrance played off my body chemistry more than most fragrances; the dry down (which lingered the entire day well into the evening) was a delicious blend of lily-of-the-valley, orchid, and vanilla. On one of my co-workers, the scent of peaches and magnolias was strong. On my friend, it was the lingering, smoldering scent of musk that made it her own.

I am simply smitten with this mercurial fragrance.

sky76sky

Looking at the tester bottle I start imagining the luxurious, gilded olfactory world I was about to enter...Charlize Theron, bouffant & ultra-rich wants to wear this rather than clothes, better than gold & jewels - it's going to smell like luxury, sophistication & high class raunch, right? Wrong....

This isn't Ladies Day at Ascot, this is an effervescent, sherbert fizz of cheeky, cheap & cheerful ice-cold bubbly on a hot day with a touch of sun-warmed, hand-squashed ripe fruits! It's heady - it almost gave me a headache just like drinking champers in the sun - but the huge floral lift gives it a far more playful edge.

This is not the sophisticated fragrance I expected...and yet I like it all the more for its mischievous miss-selling ...it flips its summery short skirt at subtle (this baby's got power with plenty of staying). It eats peaches whole & drips the juice on dark & sultry, snobby orientals (this one's naughty & flirty, barefoot-on-the-beach sexy). It's a Lolita of perfumes that sucks sweet lollypops & crushes sweet flowers between its toes.

It is certainly not a fragrance I would normally wear - I prefer less obvious & more complex scents with plenty of grounded base notes to hold them down….J’adore threatens to fly away on sugar-coated wings! However, I surprised myself by actually enjoying this more than I probably should dare to admit. It suited the hot, spring day & lifted my mood - I felt sassy & cheeky, young & frivolous, blonde & bubbly.

I have smelt this scent on many rich & powerful older business women & it has left me wondering whether, by wearing it, they are alluding to their youthful kittenish side - a wink & a nod to the knowing.

Sadly, just like champagne, the fizz gradually faded & left a rather flat, sugary, un-interesting hangover.

Is it gold? Yes, gold shoes & Costa del Sol, or possibly high fashion trash gold leggings on a leggy blonde beaut. Is it rich? Not old-school powder, pearls & posh manners but brash, don't-care-who-knows-it new-money. Do I like it? Yes - against all odds - she's honest, flirty & fun...who doesn't like a good-time gal?

Darling Starling
Darling Starling

The scent of my junior year of highschool! I wore this scent when I went to Paris and it seemed to work well there. I guess I got a little sick of it after a full year of wear. I always found the pear note very noticeable along with the lily of the valley and rose. Now when I smell this stuff I think of France and being 17. I have noticed that this scent smells very different on everyone. On three different occasions I have smelled something lovely on a friend or acquaintance, without recognizing it at all I would ask what is was and each time it was J'adore. The cool thing is that the women i've smelled it on ranged in age from 14 to 65 and it worked so well for each of them. Try this scent, it might be for you! Maybe not for ever, but for a trip to Paris or your junior year of highschool, or the 65th year of your life, this scent might work.

simonica
simonica

Christian Dior J'adore was my first perfume and I LOVED it. It was love at first - smell and I can say without hesitation that I adore it

It's quite sweet but quite strong too, in a nice way. Its smell is captivating, sweet but yet fresh, it leaves you in a - I am beautiful - state of mind, sending you in a dreamworld. The bottle is amazing and the color looks really nice.

And the best part is that is lasts all day long.

I must say I was rather surprised by this fragrance. By just looking at the bottle, the advertisements and the overall love that people have for this, I was expecting your typical floral that smells comforting, yet so much like grandma.

I was quite astounded by its fruity notes when I first sprayed J'adore. It wasn't a horrid blast of citrus or overly sweetened fruits, it was more subdued and sophisticated. If I had to pick a fragrance that was similar in composition, elegance and style, I would say Miss Dior Cherie.

The scent itself is indeed very strong, but for me that is a quality that I enjoy in my perfumes. It definitely, in my opinion, has the potential to be a very seductive and sexy fragrance, as I have heard that many men prefer fruity scents on their women.

I believe that this scent would be signature worthy because it is not something that I can imagine someone tiring of quickly. Although best suited to special occasions and night-time outings, I can imagine this being worn as a casual fragrance too. I believe that its versatility relies on how much you apply to your skin. Remember that less is more when you use J'adore.

falovalo
falovalo

It does smell sweet and clean all in one. The magnolia really stands out, and I like that about it. I absolutely love it and it makes me feel sophisticated (even if im not :).

menaman
menaman

this was my first perfume..and still use it occasionally up until now, altho i have many others collections. i'd already stick to this j'adore for more than 7 years~

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

This used to be my favorite scent when it came out. The fruits, the Lily-of-the-Valley, and the vanilla all dance so well together. This smells like success to me- a polished, lovely woman who is secure in her place in the world. Alas, it has been a victim of its own success to a degree, and many other perfumes made since this came out seem to sing the same tune. It's no longer singular, but it's still lovely.

luckycharm4527
luckycharm4527

Very feminine. Its comforting in a strange way. I love it sooo much. And its got this sweet top note that I can't put my finger on, and its perfect. Not too much but just enough to get your attention.

The absolute femininity!
A fruity floral bouqet. More than a sensual and refined fragrance, a sheer myth.
This refreshing, flowery scent possesses a blend of floral orchids, violets, rose and blackberry musk.

Trvevil
Trvevil

I had this mini more than a year ago. I remember it was very sweet flowery and elegant. The good thing is this perfume is likable and very easy to wear. But also kind of not original and has weak staying power. It's very popular, even my mum loves it. For me- not interesting. I used to love the ad when I was 9.
I don't think it's a 'gold' scent. Gold is Fendi Palazzo. Much more interesting for me.

Eros
Eros

Where did you girls and guys find "floral"? This perfume has one, only ONE scent - this is a scent of GOLD. The first ads photo and video describes this perfume very exactly: THIS IS GOLD.
This is perfume for opera night with expensive night dress and for bed.
I can not imagine why woman wear it for office, even if the office is bank (I used to work in banks)?!
This is not "for everybody in our office". This is definitely "for my rich husband". This is "warm gold" scent "for an addition to my golden and diamond toys".
It can be weared INSTEAD of gold jewellery. It supersedes GOLD on a woman. It can substitute gold on a woman. Wearing it makes an illusion a woman wearing golden jewellery.
Where did you find "floral"? Its GOLD!

guiwings
guiwings

It´s a sociable perfume, I think. Not too strong, not too light. I like it because my aunt uses it since I was a kid. Is a perfume that reminds me my childhood.

snobuni77
snobuni77

Taliera: you are very right when you say (a scent to fit in,not to stand out).

I do not own this myself nor have I tested on myself "YET" but at my job where I work with & serve to many high class women I smell this everywhere.On New years eve I would have to say about 20 people at the party had this on & 2 co workers.It does smell different on everyone though because I actually had to ask a few of them what they were wearing (only to find out it was Ja'dore)

Cherub573
Cherub573

This is a sweet floral with a bit of warmth. Sophisticated, grown-up, and classic. I cannot really sense anything unique about this fragrance though. If there was a generic fragrance just called "Perfume", this is what it would smell like to me.

ktv0926
ktv0926

It's just THE BEST! I've never met a single person, woman or man, who wouldn't like this fragrance. Even though I read some negative comments - in my experience, J'adore is an ultimate fragrance, that's appealing to anybody. Truly Amazing!

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

It seems like I should like this perfume: After all, it's got a sexy marketing strategy-the commercial with Charlize Theron is fantastic. I love Dior perfumes, so I should like it for that reason, right? Love the bottle, so I could like it for that reason I suppose. But I just can't warm up to this one no matter how hard I try. It just isn't, to me, a 'special' perfume that sets itself apart from others. It's not unpleasant by any means. I just can't seem to enjoy wearing it. I would try to describe it, but it is so oddly generic to my nose. I can see where this could be considered a classy perfume because it has sophistication. And the staying power is wonderful. I just wish what hung around on my skin for the day was more exciting.

Amanda79
Amanda79

I loved this perfume a long time ago. Men love this and would stop to ask what I was wearing! To me it smells like a modern twist to Spellbound by Estee Lauder.

alicektn
alicektn

I used to love this scent. Too bad when I had the EDP as a gift, it was not the same with the tester. Too watery..I detested it after that. And the colour was lighter, almost white. And it is an authentic one. Who knows what happened...

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

I finally tried J'Adore on my skin yesterday after walking past it a million times.

The top notes were very clean and soapy.

The middle notes were AMAZING - as soon as I smelt them I thought, I WANT THIS as the jasmine and other florals smelt just glorious.

Unfortunately the Middle notes did not last long & the last drydown to the base notes, although not unpleasant, seemed generic & a bit flat.

If the Middle notes stayed to the end, I would have bought this perfume pronto, they do not last long enough for me. It is a shame.

Allegra
Allegra

How weird...I usually do love floral fruity fragrances but J'adore I don't adore that much. In fact I just don't care about it at all despite of its huge worldwide success, and there is a good and simple reason to my dislike. This particular perfume contains way too much everything, ending up a real mess without any originality. Dior could do better.

Taliera
Taliera

Despite all the hype about this perfume, I can take it or leave it. It is nice, jasmine, inoffensive, pretty, golden... My mother's best friend wears it, but it feels like it's a scent to fit in, not to stand out (not like me!) ;) However you can't beat the bottle and adverts - just beautiful...

star10
star10

I'm not exaggerating to say it's one of the 20 top perfumes of all the times.it open with flower scents with some mild fruity noses.I think it's suitable for every season,every age and every taste.because it has the fruity scents of fruity lovers and the warm fragnance of oriental fans at the time.
the bottle is extra ordinare too.

sjanira
sjanira

I like this one, it has great staying power and the bottle is different and pretty.

PR
PR

J'adore can be worn at any time, in my opinion. Though quite strong in begining, but fresh as well. As a fragrance not bad, but I've found it quite generic, nothing memorable, but 'safe' perfume to buy for a present. Don't want it for myself though

SheVampire
SheVampire

Warm, strong, popular.I came to conclusion I don't like the flowers in it. It is so annoying on my skin. That constant warmness or something else just won't let me like this Dior.

bugsy_b
bugsy_b

It smelled sexy but also casual.
What can i say? I'm confused...
It's sexy but also fresh..
It's classy but casual..
No comment..
One thing for sure, it smelled nice.

mightyaphrodite
mightyaphrodite

This appears to be a slight disappointment for me. It's floral but only for the top note. The dry down struck me as a flat, boring, plain smell that kinda reminds me of the smell of ammonia. I couldn't wait to wash if off... On the other hand, the staying power is good. The scent isn't too complex.

dolita
dolita

its my perfume while i was in the school and all the girls were loving me because of my lovely warm smell and i still love it but it become old now there s many edition are more better than it

liat
liat

Very very nice. Really juicy. Sweet, sexy. Not very long lasting and tends to get quite boring, so not my favorite for daily wear.

indigo.smile
indigo.smile

I fall in love with it! It's elegant and sweet. I think the bottle is gorgeous too. I use it when i'm temporary bored with my stile donna..my husband also likes it smell..so it's just perfect

Lunarbone
Lunarbone

I like the first 30 mins when I wear it, but afterward the base note becomes too powdery and too stimulant to me. I think it's a kind of perfume a lady should wear it with delicate make up and a evening gown.

sandrina_bambina
sandrina_bambina

Very feminine and tender combination of sweet white flowers and hints of fruity notes. It seduces with discreet and recognizable Dior classy notes, perfect for spring and summer days. Delightful composition and adorable bottle design.

Marianne
Marianne

In my opinion, the fragrance smells so different on different people that you can't say whether it's good or bad. Once I smelled it on an other woman and I just loved it, but on me, it is too fruity. The concentrated version is a bit better, I should think.

Mozzygurl
Mozzygurl

I am really disappointed. I have loved all Dior fragrances up until this point. Just too flowery for me and not complex enough. I am glad that I got this as a sample before making a blind buy.

guest_Gin
guest_Gin

I got this as a present from my cousin & I love it so very much.It's very expensive in my country so it is only worn on special occassions :) I love designer perfumes & this is prob my fav thus far.

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

This is a little sweet for me and a little too flowery. I had wanted it for years and finally broke down and bought a gift set but ended up returning it because I just didn't fall in love with it.

guest_Zoe M
guest_Zoe M

I know this perfume very well. It's smell very flowery, and I would say that this is a perfume so addicting, elegant, romantic, special, and the smell stay in my clothes for days. And in my body too, in the morning I can feel the scent. It's ethereal, strong better for the night but perfect for the work. It's my favorite perfume ever

pimpnazt
pimpnazt

It's rather pleasant, but I wouldn't say it's addicting. It is hugely popular probably because it isn't all that original and it's something most would say is wearable and likeable. The bottle is beautiful.

J`adore by Dior 3.68 out of 5 based on 5083 ratings and 583 user reviews

Christian Dior J'Adore Eau De Parfum Refilliable Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Parfum 1.35oz
Christian Dior J'Adore L' Or Essence De Parfum 40ml 1.35oz
Christian Dior J'Adore L' Or Essence De Parfum 40ml 1.35oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior J`adore fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior J`adore, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify J`adore by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of J`adore by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.