Designers » D E » Aromatic Green « Groups

Jules Dior for men

Jules Dior for men
dislike

herbal
Jules Dior for men Pictures Jules Dior for men Pictures Jules Dior for men Pictures

Jules is game, smile, fantasy, charm. Jules is gentle, yet strong, determined. Jules is always free, always on the run, but manages to do it all. Jules on the vacation: you can see him everywhere. Jules at work: he isn’t obsessed with the boss image. Jules at night: the whole night belongs to him. Jules early in the morning: he dresses up, lights a cigarette and happily takes off, masculine and careless. These are the characteristics of Christian Dior’s fragrance. Before it appeared in 1980, Dior started a commercial campaign to prepare men for the new fragrance, provocatively named Jules. Jules is a name, yet at the same time it represents “the man, the seducer” – that’s what they called pimps back in the 19th century. The commercial campaign (the posters were made by the famous Rene Gruau) caused so much interest that, when it finally came out, it got sold out at the spot. The perfume is very masculine but elegant, with non-glaring but noticeable amber and notes of leather, flowers and aromatic herbs. It opens with Artemisia, lavender, cumin and bergamot. The heart is filled with jasmine, cyclamen, cedar, basil, rose and sandalwood. The base is composed of leather, Tonka bean, oakmoss, amber, suede and musk. The bottle is now different: transparent, elegant with a black stopper. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean Martel.

Artemisia Caraway Lavender Bergamot

Cyclamen Carnation Sandalwood Basil Jasmine Cedar Rose

Leather Fir Tonka Bean Musk Oakmoss Amber

Derby

Jules Fragrance Reviews

Porsborg
Porsborg

Complex..Love..True Dior!
If you love green,this is it.
Very scensual.
The true essence of Dior,after Eau Sauvage.

lavaman
lavaman

I used to love this scent. From what I remember it is a classic fougere but so much more. I am a lavender junky and the quality of the lavender used with this fragrance was exceptional. Definitely a power house fragrance that you could wear on your inner wrist that would last all day long which is so rare these days. Never over powering but very well blended with allot of individual notes implimented. Would buy this again as long as they don't reformulate the juice, which is what they would probably do unfortunately

GMK
GMK

I was curios to check this out due to increasing number of votes which say its similar to Kouros, fortunately I found it at a friends home his father used to wear this in some ancient times.

To my untrained nose it has nothing at all to resemble with Kouros. It has a very dated leather / lavender vibe which is similar to some Chinese massage oil.

I definitely cant stand this.

georgequeue

I wish this juice were much more famous worldwide!

I currently own two miniatures of vintage Jules -both bought via ebay-, and I've found it really lovely and pleasant; I think it can be used by men over 30 years old, like me.

Message for Christian Dior Perfumes:
Re-release this fragrance worldwide, PLEASE!!!

UPDATE: Although I love the juice, it doesn't last on my skin that very much; it's a matter of skin pH, I guess.

georgequeue

I just received my Jules flacon...WHAT AN AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL FRAGRANCE!!!

To me, it is like a classier, softer, and less spicy version of Halston Z-14 mixed with YSL Kouros. There's a great deal of lavender in it, yet it feels soft and pleasant, and the animalic note begins to stand out after some minutes. Unlike what many people say, this fragrance is not so overbearing; could it be that I haven't put on enough in order to unleash the beast?

In summary, I DO like it...It was worth the wait! :)

Greetinx.

UPDATE: This fragrance has really grown on me...I'll get more ASAP!!! ;)

fuggerone
fuggerone

Vintage only: ultra spicy woods combo, thick sillage and duration, from the golden age of powerhouses this was King!

fan.of.devin
fan.of.devin

Lavendar overload, not a fan.

georgequeue

I've just bought it blind; it'll be in my hands in 3 weeks, hopefully. I'm really looking forward to knowing what Dior Jules smells like! :)

JasonB
JasonB

I have an original amber glass bottle from 1994 & it still smells
very good. Was discontinued from Australian stockists about this time.

Jomoves
Jomoves

In the 80s I was looking for a new fragrance when I stumbled upon this one. The saleswoman told me that it was for "Men who set trends rather than follow them". I jokingly told her that I hadn't really set any trends.

With that she took the tester from my hands, said "Then this isn't for you", turned on her heels and walked away!

jozemo
jozemo

A strong but seriously elegant scent,by todays standard it is nothing special,it truly a men's fragarance with all the accords associated with it,herbal,woodsy and leather, the drydown is great if you are patient enough to appreciate this type edt,it raw edgy and carefree in an old school sort of way,this is for acquired taste a very 80's type of scent.

Fimafeng
Fimafeng

My fragrance for a couple of wild years.
A success story.
Very seductive scent and it goes almost for any season and every occassion. However, I got a little bored with it, although the girls did not.
The main critique is that it lacks a bit of personal character like Anteaus or Kouros as to characterizing it a signature fragrance.
But if you just want a very good smelling perfume with lots of attraction potential and no fuzz you shouldn´t hesitate a second. It delivers. Believe me.

shoden
shoden

Cool raw badboyish dirty perfecto 80's proto-"outsiders" lady's man lover scent.

Review for the vintage juice...

If you like humongous animalic fougeres a-là Kouros or challenging herbal-woody concoctions in the same vein as Yatagan, Jules is a mandatory test! Old-school spicy-green masculine with the typical dirty/clean aspect of the aforementioned fragrances. Less animalic than Kouros and, overall, less distinctive than Yatagan yet an unbelievably unsung beauty.

Not much to add. For fragrance aficionados only.

Rating: 8-8.5/10

Inselaffe
Inselaffe

Jules does not strike me as being terribly innovative, after all, there are very few surprises, but the execution and quality of the ingredients are first rate.

It opens with a fairly complex accord that feels decidedly clean, perhaps even borderline soapy. Cedarwood becomes the dominant presence beyond the top notes, but it is mollified by the subtle floral notes. It is certainly a cut above the cedar solos I encounter so often.Once the florals decay, Jules becomes drier still, but it retains excellent balance, and the pervading quality remains. As it dries down, the previously commanding cedar becomes a spent energy. It does however provide an interesting backdrop for the oncoming leather finish.

As much as I enjoy Jules, it is not the "must have" masterpiece that its current market value would suggest

Rating: 3/5 Good

aleksylvester
aleksylvester

The problem with Jules is that the top notes include too much lavender. After about an hour, the smell becomes more interesting, but unfortunately anonymous.

Seems a lot like Quorum, except that a major animalic note has been added, and perhaps one or two of Quorum's dominant notes have been subdued a bit. In fact, think 20% Kouros and 70% Quorum (10% unique), and you probably have an excellent idea about what Jules smells like. I suggest getting some vintage Quorum, which is still easy to find on ebay at great prices (look for the bottles that don't say Antonio Puig towards the bottom of the front of the bottle; it should only say Puig). I don't see any reason to pay big money for this one, considering the options now available. Jules is a bit more human/animalic whereas Quorum is more nature/animalic (having a kind of "fresh" quality that Jules doesn't seem to possess), if that makes sense, but otherwise ask yourself how often you are going to wear this kind of fragrance and if you really need a bottle of Jules.

UPDATE: After several hours, Jules went in a different direction than Quorum, though I could still detect the notes they have in common. Quorum is woodier and more herbal/fresh, whereas Jules was more animalic/spicy. I think Jules' drydown is very similar to Programme Homme, Carrington Cologne, or vintage Santos, but I can't remember which one !

panacea
panacea

I still have one of the small sample bottles, but there are only a few drops left in it and how I wish it was still full!...I love this fragrance.

Being a woman who will occasionally use a male fragrance (if I like it) I was given this sample bottle about 15 years ago and was surprised how many women asked me what I was wearing, as they loved the warm, spicy scent - maybe it was just the way if reacted with my skin, but everyone said it reminded them of Christmas - scents of spices and sultry orange, with the fragrance getting more mellow over time. If only Dior would reissue it!

mehrdad
mehrdad

A strong men’s fragrance composed with woody green notes and spicy pepper accents.

به نقل از سایت دیور

Scentszilla
Scentszilla

On some days "Jules" is an über interesting, dark and complex beast. ... BUT then on others it's rather more like a dark furry "pissed-on" soaked beast. (~ It morphs and bites !)
~ But it's well worth the wait for it's more elegant "dénouement" !

RobbieX
RobbieX

I remember smelling a tester ages ago - it was a really great smell -leather and spice. Wish I could get some

desmondorama
desmondorama

This has been one of my all time favourites and I wish that Parfums Christian Dior would reissue it again.

It's typically early 80's, intense, masculine and musky; when men smelled like men should!

I love the artemesia, musk, jasmine, sandalwood and rose (most of my favourites have these notes).

I also love the packaging and style of the perfume; so Dior!

Castor
Castor

"Is it right? Is it supposed to smell like this? Do you like this? Are you sure it is fine, isn't it stale? Dior does things like this? Are you 100 % sure it is original?" Jules gets these kinds of comments when smelt straight from the bottle or at top notes.

The truth is Jules is so opaque that at first whiffs one feels there are two missing things:

1. Where is Jules? Isn't it a person? Or is it rather a particular character?

2. Where is Jules' instruction manual?

Obviously, Jules is unique, but not to the point of human-like uniqueness. And, of course, there is no such thing as an instruction manual for this EdT. Still, I feel that this imaginary document should have stated somewhere that wearers should wait for mid and base notes, and that the effort is worth it for these show a perfect crafted blend around animalic / leather and flowery notes, as described in the pyramid.

I would like to add that Jules is part of an uncomprehended bunch, which to the extend of my knowledge includes other 1980's "monster sillage / monster longevity" fragrances like Oscar de la Renta pour Lui and Givenchy's Xeryus. This makes me wonder if it is worth having these scents in your collection. The answer would lie on the motivations for this hobby, be it sheer curiosity ("Hey! Can it be that perfumes smell...like this?"), particular tastes ("I enjoy awry smelling perfumes, so what!") or plain snobbery ("Sorry, this is not for the uninitiated. You won't be able to get this for you don't have what it takes to appreciate it"). I haven't got an answer for this, except for my case, which would be sheer curiosity.

Thus, one word of caution: make sure to try it before spending money in a full bottle.

Edit: true, it is not what it used to be, I guess the civet and the oakmoss are the reasons why the reformulation feels more subdued. If you miss it and / or want to know how it was like, layer it with a spray of El Otro Tigre, by Fueguia.

On the other hand - just rule out adding civet to it: this is nuclear - strong (a drop has the same effect as a poop-bomb) and it DOES smell of feces.

Whooops: Helps to sign in.Now I have to repeat myself, sorry. Jules goes onto my skin as musty leather and soap. Spice notes creep in nicely, but then fade away again to leave musty leather and soap. Later, a mint note arrives and fades with the same strange vanishing act. It's not bad, smelling rather like a clean man in a leather jacket, but it's not particularly spectacular either, with my chemistry. I didn't get dirty edges or animalistic notes like CommonScent reports, just that musty leather that reminds me powerfully of English Leather only soapier. Hmmm

Goes onto my skin as musty leather and soap. Spice notes creep in nicely, but then fade away again to leave musty leather and soap. Later, a mint note arrives and fades with the same strange vanishing act. It's not bad, smelling rather like a clean man in a leather jacket, but it's not particularly spectacular either, with my chemistry. I didn't get dirty edges or animalistic notes like CommonScent reports, just that musty leather that reminds me powerfully of English Leather only soapier. Hmmm.

CommonScents
CommonScents

Awesome animalic scent. Masculine extravaganza with edgy / dirty nuances throughout the accords. Huge scent. Big thumbs up.

Jules by Dior 4.08 out of 5 based on 104 ratings and 26 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Jules fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Jules, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jules by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jules by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.