Designers » D E » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

L`Elixir Hypnotic Poison Dior for women

L`Elixir Hypnotic Poison Dior for women
dislike

L`Elixir Hypnotic Poison Dior for women Pictures L`Elixir Hypnotic Poison Dior for women Pictures

L`Elixir Hypnotic Poison by Dior is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. L`Elixir Hypnotic Poison was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy. The fragrance features licorice, star anise, jasmine and vanilla.

Licorice Star Anise Jasmine Vanilla

Hypnotic Poison
Hypnotic Poison Eau de Parfum

L`Elixir Hypnotic Poison Fragrance Reviews

bambinaing
bambinaing

To me this one of the best poisons.. too bad it was discontinued!! anyway i'm lucky 'cause i found a brand new 50 ml bottle on the internet and i bought it as fast as i can hahaha

SeReZhka.Ca
SeReZhka.Ca

Got it together with the Pure Poison Elixir!

What a yummy perfume!!! It's incredible how tasty and delicious this beauty smells!

The licoroice and the almonds are very strongly felt in this one, much more than in the EDT version.

The combination with vanilla makes it pretty irresistible!

I bought 2 testers and one regular (the only one left..) :(

Longevity- 9/10
sillage-9/10

DarkMindLightHeart
DarkMindLightHeart

I am a collector and so interested in this. Besides Eau Secrete, it's the only
HP I don't have. Even just the empty bottle would make me so happy. I tried to buy the empty bottle on eBay from a UK seller, but it was seized by Royal Mail. Any US sellers willing to sell me their empty HP Elixir bottle (with atomizer), contact me. I'll gladly buy.

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

If you love Hypnotic Poison, you need this in your life...it's devine!

I love the bitter almond and jasmine in the original, and i can still smell it clearly in this.
It's got the 'core' of Hypnotic poison, only it's sweeter and much darker.
The added liquorice and anise really amp this to the max, I even prefer it to the new HP eau de parfum.

As expected the sillage and longevity are very impressive.
If your lucky enough to find it, buy it.

Italo Paz
Italo Paz

I really miss it... Everytime I remember that I sold it, it makes me wanna die. :'(

naobilei
naobilei

I miss the smell of this fragrance, the shop which sell this fragrance.....mmmmmm also that lady in that shop

I_love_perfume
I_love_perfume

LOVE this fragrance, so sad Dior discontinued it. Please please Dior bring it back!

marie marie
marie marie

I love it! Hot and sweet! Very sexy!

freddinos
freddinos

Oh this is dreamy... It's like a more grown up, deep, sensual version of the EDT. The licorice is ever so light thankfully, and manages to add mystery and darkness without overpowering the 'Hypnotic Poison' character of the fragrance. It is more powerful and longlasting than the EDT,which for some reason comes out quite week on my skin (maybe it's my own chemistry). But not L'Elixir, it is a true potent magical elixir in a boudoir worthy bottle. A little gem in my growing collection

gretavivante
gretavivante

BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST EVERRRRRRRRR!!!! OMG I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THIS! No words to say enough how much I am in LOVE with this perfume!!! NO WORDS! Pure sex.

P.S. bought a refillable perfume bottle from amazon for just 16 bucks and have no more problems with the stupid atomizer bulb (it used to drive me NUTZ, but not any more O:) so happy!)

MaddieClfd
MaddieClfd

Gorgeous fragrance. I finished a bottle of HP and I got Elixir, which is even sweeter, deeper.
I think it may be licorice that gives it a bit of a bitter edge to it.
Vanilla, licorice, jasmine, what not to like! Amazing.
Don't apply too much, it is strong, too much will be overpowering. smaller amounts are much better, you can enjoy the fragrance. Lasts all day, I applied tiny bits at 8 this morning, it's nearly 11pm and I can still smell a bit of vanilla.

What annoys me - that silly pump! It may look nice, but it's not practical, my doesn't work properly, some of it leaked in my bag. Stupid, stupid idea. Keep my bottle closed with that little cap. Unfortunately it means that application is a bit more difficult. I can attach that pump, get a small atomiser or dab it on my skin...
I just want to spray it... If they change the packaging, I'm definitely buying another one, if not - going back o orignal HP.

jazzallil
jazzallil

I saw at the Dior's website the newer version, with a brand new package: it doesn't have the atomizer (which i liked because it's so classy), but it will stop the leaking problem i guess. I hope it won't be a reformulated version. Anyway this original version is seductive, sexy but i prefer the simple hypnotic poison.

hermyonee
hermyonee

my favorite fragrance ever!! Even more that the original HP; but Alas, have a bad news, it will no longer been produced, they stopped it! :-(( what a pitty! shame! I just noved it, it was perfect, bitter-sweet, hot, woody-spicy, so one-of a kid!

GreyMan
GreyMan

Thanks to katienchris's comment below, I've finally got this! If anybody else wants to re-home theirs, please let me know!
And thanks for the warning about evaporation.

It has to be the most weird and wonderful perfume I've ever had. I tried the original HP before this was released and liked it. Even there the bitter almond was dominant on me.The jasmine and pepper create a nice hint of discord on my skin, which stops it from being one-dimensional. But even there I thought that emphasizing the darker notes would improve the scent. Add to that its popularity, abuse and the one dimension it has on most people - all this made me hold off, even though I knew I was missing out.

I had no chance to test the elixir when it showed up soon after. But it turns out it couldn't be more perfect had it been made to my order. The bitterness is more pronounced and more complex than in the original. The licorice stands out less than expected, but I'm not complaining. The slight off-note due to jasmine is also still there. As with most Dior scents, the lasting power is very impressive.
I would sum it up with dark, beautiful and strange.

To make the most of it, I'll probably still use the original HP, and the elixir will amplify the experience on occasion. I must try to use it rarely, so I never get used to its beauty.

mystica
mystica

Evaporates like crazy! You need to definitely keep this away from *all* light sources -however dim-. Always store it on its box in an absolute dark place. Better still, protect it from changing temperatures as well.

anna.023
anna.023

I got so, so happy today when I found this in the shop! It was everything I thought it would be, it was very similar to the norman "Hypnotic" well, its deeper ofcourse, but I dont get so much anis. To me its just a more deep, heavy, powerful and more long lasting variant of the original. But thats fine by me! Its amazing!! Really powerful, I sprayed like ONE drop and it lasted ALL day! It stills smells really much and it was many hours ago since I tried it and such a small amount also:)

UPDATE:
I have finally got my bottle of Hypnotic elixir, but what the hell?! The atomizer dosnt work at all. Bought a empty bottle on ebay, to get a hold of a new working pump, but NO, that one didnt work either! Gaah!! It really makes me angry, LOVE this juice, but what to do? Im the kind of person who dosnt think a perfume is the same if you change the bottle. Silly, but I want the original bottle, its just not the same feeling in an other bottle. Very bad Dior, expected more!!

Starduz
Starduz

For me, there was too much licorice scent. I personally dont like licorice, and therefore, it didnt work for me. But anyone who likes licorice, will love this scent.

beatrix75
beatrix75

glorios sexy absolutly seductive fragrance i am sooo happy to i have this fume!!!!!!

t for two
t for two

I HAVE ITT!!! Thank you Jonni51!!!I am lost with words it is that good! Addicting!Bewitching! I adore it!!!

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Absolutely beautiful!
Dark, sexy, sensual, a special fragrance for a special night out.
I have loved it from the very first spray, it lasts long and has remarkable sillage. My clothing smells for days after wearing Hypnotic Poison Elixir.
It is highly addictive and very elegant - I got tons of compliments on the night I wore it.
The notes suggest a ''gourmandy'' feel due to licorice and vanilla but I can assure you the fragrance is a one of the kind oriental vanilla - not too sweet at all!
It is now my signature fragrance, I fell head over heels with Hypnotic Elixir!
Highly recommended!
Hardly ever would I give a 10 star rating to any perfume but this is such a magnificent fragrance I would not hesitate giving it 10* out of 10.

P.S. Only drawback is the bloody fancy-pump that makes the fragrance leak which is the last thing I would expect drom Dior's designer house.
It is like getting yourself a brand spanking new Jaguar and have the engine fall off when getting on the motorway.
Shame on you, Christian!!!
Appaling!!!!

miriel
miriel

Sexy perfume, BEAUTIFUL bottle but the atomizer leaks like crazy.
The perfume is a bitter version of Hypnotic poison original. I personally *love* them both.

SugarBABE
SugarBABE

Smokey Oriental Delicious Addictive Red Carpet perfume....and SO DARK too!!!

I hated regular Hypnotic Poison since day one and needed to learn to stand it across the world as it seems ubiquitos and with an army of devotees ready to spray and kill me.
I can always tell when a lady/girl is wearing HP and I can't fail finding it so out of place, but especially when worn by refined older ladies.
I always found it worn by women of any age that try hard to impose themselves to other and fill the air with their smell that clings to air itself, other people's noses, clothes and bfs.
HP costantly says "this is mine".
Bit**s with an angel face. I've never met two women wearing HP in the same place and this is strange due to its popularity, but it seems that one of the two would die.
In time, instead of stopping production, Dior came out with new forms of this "poison".
I wanted to try the Esprit de Parfum expecting HP at triple magnitude, ready to use it as a weapon in the packed underground on my way home.
Instead I found this Esprit to be smoother, more creative, sligthly spiced when HP is abnormally flat and less annoying.
It's a thick kind of perfume. First spray is very oily on skin. This should be a sign of quality in perfumery. It usually shows a high concentration of e.o. unless the evil genius that work for LVMH added some vaseline stuff to give that feeling.
I should expect it from Dior that Esprit form is always more complex and thicker than EdP with more depht and less sillage.
I love the old discontinued Esprit de Parfum of orginal purple Poison (still the best) and didn't care for the cloying flat EdT.
I'm not saying that I like HP Esprit to high degree, but in this form I could make a little peace with HP. Now I want to give a try to the new one.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

I feel as if I am falling down a continuous portal engulfed in crimson light and warm black silk laced with vanilla...

I feel as if I am being abducted by a passionate villain, perhaps a misunderstood one, such as the Phantom of the Opera

Jonni51
Jonni51

Hypnotic Poison Elixir smells pretty similar to the EDT.
This elixir just seems a tad bit "varmer" and "darker" somehow.
The distinct smell of liquorice and star anise are pretty prominent here, most notably in the opening stage.

In my opininon this is a bit more sweet and intense compared to the EDT.
Probably because of the liquorice.
At any rate, it's an absolutely wonderful, warm oriental scent.
The elixir and EDT work really well together!

It is a little strange that the only notes listed on this page are liquorice, star anise, jasmine and vanilla though.
The liquorice and star anise are the two "new" notes used to amp up the EDT into this elixir, but none of the notes seem to have been sacrificed..

Hypnotic Poison Elixir is quite powerful as far as sillage and longevity goes.
It lasts at least ten hours on me, and the sillage is reasonably heavy.
No need to go trigger happy with this one!

LenaBel
LenaBel

I have the original Hypnotic Poison and was curious to try this. When you spray Elixir on, it first smells almost the same as its earlier version. After about 10minutes it starts settling down(which actually I didnt notice with original HP - it is very linear on me and doesnt change). Then I can smell licorice and anise lingering like a veil on the original HP composition. And of course there are more than just 4 notes in HP Elixir - it is a quite complex fragrance.
However, I will finish my HP first as I still believe there is no point keeping two of them in my collection. But after I am out of HP it is going on my wishlist! Love the bottle, with its vintage spray thingy.

guest_Ksyusha_87
guest_Ksyusha_87

I got a sample of this perfume 2 months ago, i really like it than the original.. its more stronger scent "I like it" I finally both it for myself.. :)

neve
neve

This really turns men *mad*. A dark, sexy, sultry and smokey scent... so sweet and cosy at the same time! A true masterpiece.

lucifera
lucifera

this is a gourmant wich i LOVE. amazing sillage and staying power, seducive as well!
dior got me hooked with this exilir
a true gem ;-)

guest_Angélica
guest_Angélica

Gosto demais do aroma do Hypnotic tradicional e deste mais ainda pois é mais concentrado e oriental.Uma delícia.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

This one is better then the original,its more dark and has sensual vanilla.And it smells a lot of licorice..smoky and salty licorice..i love it!

michele23
michele23

Does anyone know of a perfume web site that has Hypnotic Elixir????I live in the usa and cant find it anywhere.PLEASE HELP!I love the regular Hypnotic Poison but it doesnt last long on me.

HelloLovely27
HelloLovely27

When first sprayed this is a lovely sent, nice vanilla but very deep and oriental with the licorice, slightly powdery, but very lovely.
Sadly though, this perfume quickly mixes with my skin it smells EXACTLY like playdoh! I asked two of my guy friends and my mom and they ALL agreed. It smelled exactly like playdoh, and although it brought back carefree memories of being a kid at school and trying to eat the salty dough, it is not really something i would like to smell like!

Hours later it dried down to smell like the lovely vanilla i was first expecting. But i just can not have a perfume that makes me smell like a kindergarden room for the first 2 hours.

That said it does have great lasting power and i am happy for, and jealous of, anyone who doesn't have this happen to them while wearing this perfume and only have the lovely bits show up!

x

Jane Stephanie
Jane Stephanie

I think this is lovely. Just tried it and it goes straight onto my wishlist. I love vanilla notes, and this one truly has them, but it also has other lovely notes, that makes it interesting and deep. It is worth saying that I didn't care much for the original Hypnotic Poison.

ferrari
ferrari

It is realy sweet. Spicy vanilla with smoke notes. Reminds me Jose Eisenberg J'ose.

glitteralex
glitteralex

Please, someone tell me, is this a completely new scent, or is it the old HP in an oil form? Thanks!

Niovi
Niovi

Hypnotic, it is indeed. It is like the image of a man entering on a luxurious bordel of some previous centuries, with all the girls wearing seducing sexy, expensive neglizies, calling him to sin while a heavy, obscene smell overwhelms his mind, not letting him think right. So it a sexy perfume but in a very provocative way (just like Bellucci's lips). I will buy it for the moments I want to feel like one of this girls...

Boggi
Boggi

I had this for a couple of weeks and now I am testing this for the second or third time. I have tried to sell and swap this away in all kinds of media. But now..suddenly I am starting to accept the poor unwanted Hypnotic Poison Elixir. This is really a strange perfume, but that was makes it special. I am trying to spray it in my neck instead in front of my body, since it can irritate my sinuses a little. But I am starting to crave this fragrance, because of the interesting smoke (yes SMOKE) smell and the sweet vanilla. I am reporting back with more later.

golden
golden

Sweet , creamy, vanilla feels warm when warn. Good for winter months as this lasts and lasts.
I love it

PR
PR

I tried it last week,and was contemplating about 'Hypnotic Poison' for a week or so.. definately distinct smell, and I like it most of all 'Poisons'. It is sweet, very sweet,.. but interesting so velvety, 'hypnotic' is realy matching word in a way. Sweetness is not annoyng like it may happen with less balanced composition. But perhaps I won't buy it it doesn't make to my top 10 or maybe 20 favourites, competition is too strong, but it would make fantastic present. Very memorable smell

L`Elixir Hypnotic Poison by Dior 4.46 out of 5 based on 252 ratings and 40 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior L`Elixir Hypnotic Poison fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior L`Elixir Hypnotic Poison, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L`Elixir Hypnotic Poison by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L`Elixir Hypnotic Poison by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.