Designers » D E » Leather « Groups

dislike

leather
oud
La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Leather Oud Dior for men Pictures

Dior launches a new exclusive collection of ten perfumes named La Collection Couturier Parfumeur in 2010., signed by the perfumer Francois Demachy. The collection illustrates the life of the founder - the famous Christian Dior.

The collection consists of re editions of three male fragrances: Eau Noire, Bois d'Argent and Ambre Nuit, and seven new ones: Mitzah, Vetiver, Granville, Leather Oud, New Look 1947, Cologne Royale and Milly-la-Foret. Vetiver and Leather Oud are masculine perfumes; Cologne Royale is suitable for both genders, while the rest are intended for the ladies.

Leather Oud perfectly and elegantly blends animalistic notes of leather and civet with noble agar and other woody nuances (patchouli, sandalwood, birch, cedar and vetiver). There are also ingredients of cardamom, cloves, amyris, beeswax, amber and labdanum, which complement this warm composition.

The fragrances from Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur are available in bottles of 125 ml, 225 ml and 450 ml.

Vetiver French labdanum Birch Sandalwood Patchouli Virginia Cedar Beeswax Amber Clove Cardamom Civetta Agarwood (Oud) Leather Amyris

Songe d'un Bois d'Ete

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Leather Oud Fragrance Reviews

Q80
Q80

what makes it amazing is that (despite of being an amazing essence of a masculine rough guy) only the least likes it. by then you'll be unique among all as this niche perfume belongs to a none niche brand.

it has that caring filthy oud essence (honestly i can't determine which but definitely not Cambodian oud) not the filthy skunk as montecristo by Masque, but that very luring mixage of oud, a tiny leather, and patchuli that creates and cevitta effect amongs all specially when it calms down right after 4 hours.

now after calming down, it turns quite weird in away that you would believe anyone who tells you "this is a smell of poop" if you're not sure about how Ambergris smells like. you should know that raw Ambergris smells like poop already cause they bring it out from Whales's Liver and it smells quite awful but amazing when mixed.
give it more time to realize the charm it brings cause honestly it's too expensive for dior's perfume but after all it's a good perfume.

btw: im surprised that reviewer ladies loves this perfume, i bet they are quite naughty ;)

GMK
GMK

If you are a fan of M7 it would be a treat for you but unfortunately I m not a fan of this medicinal / syrupy Oud ,
It starts with oud and ends with it surpringly I get sufficient amount of Tobbaco in it instead of Civet.

A very potent and Oudy fragrance with the slight hint of flowers. not for me.

patrick-fragrancelover
patrick-fragrancelover

As much as I would love to come up with a clever response to this fragrance, so many previous users have already captured it perfectly. I'm glad we all agree.

Horse Manure. Dirty Civet. Leather. Cedar. And lots of Beeswax. This scent is intoxicating and alluring. Some will turn their noses and others will pant like dogs.

Is it wrong to say that I'm in love?

Shibor
Shibor

A great leather scent!

Civet gives to the whole rahter animalic notes. This strong animalic is particularly perceivable in the opening and first hous(s) of wearing. For some nose it comes too strong. Honey tame civet a bit which is well done by the perfumer. After a few hours of wearing honey intensifies and creates quite a pleasant warm oud-honey-leather-sandal combination with salty notes. The small animalic aftertaste stays for quite a long time. Honey and leather remain till the end. On my skin the fragrance is not linear but changeable, it becomes milder.

Mainly due to the animalistic (civet) note the perceptions differ sharply. While some have associations with dirty wet leather, others admire the more and more sweetish finish. I belong to the fan group.

UdayLalan
UdayLalan

If you don't like civet please do not read
further. This is very strong civet escorted
by oud, leather and other ingredients.

This is a massive, spectacular scent.

My friend detected this scent on me when
he was 30 feet away and I found some people
moving their nostrils trying to understand
what this scent was.

Rich yet little dirty, very masculine,attention
grabber and good value for money.

andrew.spratlin
andrew.spratlin

I really thought I would like this fragrance, but unfortunately it doesn't sit well with me. I think I might would have liked it a bit more without the knowledge of the Civetta note. When I wear this fragrance all I smell is animal musk. I don't know if I would have picked up on it if I didn't research the fragrance, but I did.

I must say this fragrance LASTS. No doubt about the longevity or silage. It's a beast. I just can't wear it and I was soooooo wanting to love it. I know this fragrance is great for some people, though..just do not blind buy this based on the all the great reviews....try it out first. It is not for those that like a clean scent (very animalistic), nor for those that live in warm climates (imo). I think liking this fragrance has to do strongly with body chemistry (like most frags do). :-(

christianne1
christianne1

You know how when you are at a concert and one performer is so amazing that you feel like everybody else might as well just go home?

That is how I feel about this one. All other animalic leather ouds might as well just give it up and go home. Pack up your bottles and boxes and just take your little selves back to the store and shiver in your tissue paper.

This right here is a BEAST!! A sexy beast. This is what a truly animalic fragrance smells like. This is skanky oud and I mean it as a the highest compliment. Very, very manly.

Estebanz
Estebanz

Finally in my collection, one of the most unique, daring & Bombastic compositions ever made, this is a real Show Stopper,a masterpiece... " not for the faint of heart".
This fragrance is what I call the Graduation/transition from being just someone who likes to smell good and enjoy fragrances into a real Fraghead, a true Fragoholic.
This creation sets CHRISTIAN DIOR PRIVEE line of fragrances more than a few steps above the rest of the competition (the Cartier, D & G, Armani Prive and Chanel Exclusive's of the world), screaming out loud "THIS IS HOW WE DO IT,THIS IS WHY WE RUN THE SHOW,THIS IS WHY WE ARE No.1" without having to say a single word.
Props to perfumer Francois Demachy for signing this composition, this Masterpiece of modern Perfumery.

Tiger84
Tiger84

You can Dress to Kill... and use Armani's Eyes to Kill eye makeup set... and now, with this frag, you can Scent to Kill. This should really go by that name. For beasts and beastesses when it's hunting time. If you wear this it gives you raw power nobody can trump.

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

Let me just put it this way. My jug was on its way to my front door ten minutes after I applied this amazing fragrance. I'd like to thank Francois Demachy for blowing my olfactory senses away once again with another stunning Juice!

markjcretella
markjcretella

This review isn't going to win any praise, but I'll be short and sweet. It is in my opinion in the same family as Guerlain's Songe d'un Bois d'ete. I love Leather Oud about as much as I hate the Guerlain. I get horrid, rancid BO smell from the Guerlain, but not from the Dior, it is animalic but in a good way at least from my perspective. I get good projection and very good longevity. My rating 8.5

pianomanmiller
pianomanmiller

I love this perfume but I just don't wear it enough. I guess I have to many to choose from. So, I put mine on the eBay chopping block. If your thinking about purchasing this, you might try and get it off eBay. You may save some $.

KIZILBAY
KIZILBAY

Kokunun adından da anlayabileceğiniz gibi "ağır" sınıfında bir parfüm var karşımızda. Bu tarzda kokuları sevmeyenlerin kesinlikle uzak durması gerek. İlk 1-2 dakika, kağıda yada teninize sıkmış olun, koklamayın. Animalic etkinin biraz geri plana çekilmesine izin verin. Yoksa parfümün bozulduğunu vb. düşünebilirsiniz. 1-2 dakika sonrasında "ağır" olarak tanımlanan tarafı sahne alıyor. Oud ve deri birlikte ortaya çıkıyor ve abartmıyorum, siz yıkanana kadar sıktığınız yerde kalıyor. Kalıcılık konusunda sadece Bond No 9, New York Amber ile kıyaslayabilirim. Başka herhangi bir parfüm kalıcılık konusunda yanına yaklaşamaz. Oud ve Deri kokusu içinde bu ikiliyi biraz yumuşatan başka unsurlar var. Bunları ayırabildiğimi söyleyemem. Ancak biraz odunsu, biraz çiçek burnunuza geliyor.
Yaz aylarında bu parfümün yanına yaklaşmayın. Ancak Sonbahar ve Kış aylarında sizi de etrafınızı da ısıtacaktır.
35 yaş üstü erkekler için uygun. Yine de unutmamak lazım, insanlarla iç içe ve yakın çalışıyor iseniz bu parfüm etrafınızı rahatsız edebilir. Söylediğim gibi kalıcılığı ve yayılımı çok güçlü. Kendisinden başka hiçbir kokuya etrafında yaşam hakkı bırakmıyor.
Alacaksanız 125 ml alın çünkü 250 ml nin 2-3 yılda bile bitmesi mümkün olmayacaktır. Dior bu parfümü kendi mağazalarında satıyor. Fiyatı ise Bond 9, Amouage gibi markalarla kıyaslandığında uygun. Eğer bu tarzsa bir koku arıyorsanız diğer markalara 2 katı para ödemenize gerek yok. Düz çizgide ilerleyen, ağır ve kalıcı olsun diyorsanız denemelisiniz.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Leather Oud opens with a dark and dry accord of woody oud – quite different from usual ouds, at least the Western ones (Montale etc.), really "woody" and smoky in fact, not rubbery and not synthetic – enhanced by more aromatic and softer woods (I feel sandalwood above all), an austere leather accord - a bit plastic but good, dark, "roasted" - well sweetened by beeswax and dry honey, tonka, a slight sugary note on the base, a tasty aroma of coffee and a subtle floral breeze all over. Smoky, gloomy, dry, subtly sweet yet subtly musky at the same time, really elegant and sophisticatedly modern, with a decent leather accord – sharp and restrained, but well executed, and with a compelling tanning richness showing class and substance. Effectively, despite being a designer, it smells more like a good example of a niche leather-woody scent. Frankly I don't smell much civet in here, and overall much animalic stuff at all; rather than civet, just a (sheer) synthetic reconstruction of this note, which creates a light feel of "animalicness" that however does not even compare to real animalic notes that can be largely found is several vintage chypres and fougères – to which, by the way, Leather Oud seems taking part of its inspiration from (while sniffing this one I though of Ferré, Krizia, Balenciaga...). Nothing amazing, but good - insanely priced good.

7,5-8/10

Carestinus
Carestinus

A very difficult one to review. If this were a person I would say it is not an easy one to "fathom". First minutes: a strong mix of cardamom and something rubbery shows mastery and presence. I must confess every time I put this on to analyze, it changes some aromas so I get confused again and then don't know what to say about this first part. Most times I find this 90% similar to Oud by Kurkdjian in its first stage... but don't get me wrong: this takes a totally different path after that.

The sillage is strong the first minutes. No leather, no civet yet. I was very worried for blindbuying since civet is one of the few notes I seldom like. I thought this would be a western rendition of arabic traditions but it reminds me of India all the time… I can’t figure out why. The mix leans on sweet but beeswax like... very elegant and unique. After this, civet and what I suppose is leather start appearing more and more. This civet is classy and well done... not obnoxious at all. Oud is there too, very strong but you know… in such a mix it’s a bit of a miss…

I don't find this so but most of the people I've asked have mentioned it smells very macho like, as if I put a cream of testosterone on my skin... very sexual, raw and merciless. In my case I find it somehow weird, like something on the edge between exquisite and putrid, between gentlemanly and worringly gourmand. The leather is not of the new shoes kind but that of a living (or just killed!) animal. Very realistic… not truly my cup of tea though. I can admire the mastery behind this but not a single time I’ve said: wow, nice!

The last stage is the clearest to my mind and I can describe it as a well behaved Kouros... a mix of soapy civet that smells a bit old school but modern at the same time... it manages to be classy without sending you back to 1985. Something sweet lingers and lingers. This lasts till next day. All in all, leather oud is a complex scent I don't recommend to blindbuy as I did.

Edit: It is funny how silly I felt when I went to the Dior page and I read this was mainly about the oud and cardamom! I thought they were making fun of my intellect... but after 2 months of wearing this my opinion has slightly changed. I still think all of the above BUT I must add that Leather oud smells throughout the whole development like that cardamom dessert they make in India. It’s the closest smell I relate this to and again: think twice before getting this since it is very well blended but could well become a nightmare if you don’t feel at ease in front of exotic animalic scents. Chances you will like this are high in case you love Kouros, Al Oudh, Phillipine houseboy (a.k.a. Fils de dieu, du riz et des agrumes) and alike.

khosro.zk
khosro.zk

"Beauty and the Beast"

First spray is the scream of civet, oud and leather. For first 10 minutes, civet scent project like crazy, but it get softer later on.

Longevity, scent, sillage, uniqueness; all are excellent 10/10

Most of people complaining about civet scent, but I don't have any complain about it. It is an animalic scent, a scent that come from animal, sexy, beautiful. An smell that today's men have missed. I have to add that civet scent tone become very less and you cannot distinguish it from leather and oud after 1 hour, except you put your nose on your skin and sniff it.

imagine, you go to a jungle, find a deer and close to it. touch it, close your nose and smell it. Smell of animal. Alive one. A heart is biting beneath this skin and flesh. The deer is clean, no smell of shit or urine. I have to add that civet has more aromatic scent. More interesting and more unique.

The leather is not a wallet-belt type leather. It's the combination of alive skin animal scent (because of civet probably), the skin in leather processing and the processed leather you can smell in wallet. Thanks civet to bring my nose this range of leather scents.

Can I tolerate civet smell? I LOVE it, if it combines with other scents correctly. It's an amazing combination here. Beauty and the beast. Beauty of leather and oud, and a beast scent beneath it. it's really Delicious

If you think that civet is extra here, you can spray it in your hair. You won't get the civet scent on your hair. I found it somehow boring without civet .....

If you like oud, try it. If you like animals, try it. If you like leather, try it. If you like floral and fresh scent, it's not for you. If you like soapy scents, it's not for you. If you like Versace Eros or 1 million, it's not for you. If you are hipster, there is no way you like it.

I am 24 now and I love this fragrance, but I think this fragrance fits better with more mature men. 30+

Do females like it? I don't know and I don't care. I don't like many of their fragrance and they don't care :D (I think they like it)

Many people who complain about it, probably haven't wear it . They ran with the first tester spray. The first 10 minutes is harsh (and delicious in my test), but it develop on skin fast an become a nice scent. Wearable for everywhere.

If you want a clean version of Leather Oud, go for Oud Ispahan. That one is also excellent fragrance. Beauty without the beast. Beauty with the rose in her hand.

TeeTaiwo
TeeTaiwo

i have 125ml bottle that is 98% full. if anyone is interested, pls PM me. very interested in doing a swap for Tom Fords Tuscan Leather or Oud Ishtapan...

brent0529
brent0529

Smells like human ca-ca.

evelynave
evelynave

A beast in beast's clothing. Impossible to underscore enough how much I love and admire this scent. Worth every penny in terms of uniqueness, longevity, and sillage. Like many other people who love fragrance, I miss many of the now discontinued or butchered masculines - that brute but intimate attitude they had. Feminines too, if I'm honest. Who today, for instance, would put cumin in Rochas Femme? Who would view preserving the underside of that fragrance through various reformulations as a priority? It seems very hopeful to me that a fragrance as forceful and animal as this can be released today - not because I think it will start any trends, but because I know it's still possible. Leather Oud revisits the animal instincts of yesteryear's mainstays, finding new directions and techniques there to replace and revise materials and attitudes which have been restricted or gone out of fashion. It isn't just the oud, though that helps here. The mix is a witch's brew of carnal possibility. There's really nothing like it.

adrian.meeks.35
adrian.meeks.35

It has it's moments but the first blast is something of a ...how can I say this, oh yea..Cow Shit smell! It calms down about the 10min mark and begin it's rise to promise.

swoon
swoon

"'Cause I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it
Sex in the air, I don't care, I love the smell of it. "

just DIRTY!

Kanz Oman
Kanz Oman

Feels like Amla hair oil !!!

Layzie
Layzie

No thank you.

I can't wear Leather Oud. It is a lethal melange of leather, civet, and oud that smells "dirty" (as others have stated). It is extremely potent and lasts for hours! Unfortunately, it reminds me of the smell of dirty zoo animals. Even after trying to wash it off, its tenacity prevailed.

Many on here love it, and It's too bad that it doesn't work on me. I made the mistake of testing it before a family visit. The entire house wanted me to leave. Haha!

Belvedere
Belvedere

I am not a leather fan, even Tom Ford's TL has no love for me but this one is different. It is a very strong scent that instantly gets your attention, very masculine and a little harsh on opening and first 30 mins. Thereafter a strong leather and woody vibe but a little sweetness tames it so it is bearable for some and magnificent for others. This will last hours and hours and probably suits a man 30+. I can't justify a whole bottle but would love to add to collection.

mshilov
mshilov

Once you try this unique mixture of oud and leather, you just forget everything else. Really. Nothing compares to this Dior potion. It's dark, sexy and powerful. Extremely long lasting, bold, giving confidence and pleasantly enveloping. Pure magnetism in a bottle.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

I can add nothing new or insightful other than to say this fragrance is for manly-men and I love it. I get a strong dirty-animalic vibe, flavorful but not overpowering oud, and dirty-leather that is expertly well-blended with a bunch of other stuff. The end result is an outstanding fragrance that others have described in great detail.

I detect no civet, barnyard or beeswax smells that had me a bit nervous about this one. My wife's not a fan of Leather Oud the first hour or so, but she is fine with it when it sweetens-up and the oud and leather become more prominent. Needless to say, it lasts 20+ hours on my skin (with or without shower) and will fill of room if you apply it as though it were a normal fragrance. One or two sprays tops!

gaurav.verma2308
gaurav.verma2308

Wooohooo !!!
Finally Leather Oud arrived me and I must say : " WARNING: SPRAY IT WITH UTMOST PRECAUTION ELSE YOU GONNA DIE" :P

Now lemme brief you about this daring gem.
Leather oud definitely stands to it words,Its a blend of leather ,oud and yes the dominant Civet note in it.
At first spray I was suprised coz I wasnt able to make any judgement about it. Day went good drawing so many compliments yet I was no that much confident since the smell was not at all appealing (ATLEAST TO ME)
Then there was a time after 12 hrs that I felt in love with this.Tired and exhausted I came back home ,took bath and to my surprise this stuff was still present and trust me in a real potent way... !!!
Days went on and now it has become one of my personal favorite.!!
I am not going to vouch about its longevity and projection since you guys might have read reviews of other folks too who are praising it like anything.!!
THUMBSUP FOR LEATHER OUD... WITH ALL DUE RESPECT :) :)

I got it with Splash Fragnance ,INDIA
+91 8956139654, 8793896846

violetbat
violetbat

I have just got a decant of Guerlain's songe du'n bois d'ete. it is amazing. I see from the description that it is supposed to be similar to this Dior. So I'm wondering " Could a woman wear this?"

cva
cva

There are no words to describe my love for and addiction to this fragrance!

Wearing it makes me feel bad, very bad, and very good at it too!

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

Very interesting oud/leather opening. Obviously animalic. Soon thereafter the oud drops out and turns into a semi-dry 80's leather. I may be able to make this work on me. Late into the drydown the oud comes back slightly and......I need to retest this one for sure.

yvashche
yvashche

Thank God this is skanky. A dirty leather that has been used in the stables and not cleaned for years. Manure. Civet. Dry woods. Something you can sink your teeth into.

fuggerone
fuggerone

solid sillage and duration, a must for every animalic / leather freak, the oud wood note is incredible!

aLmoravado
aLmoravado

This stuff is amazing! And it lasts forever. I was afraid the civet note might be a distraction from the oud and leather notes, but that was not the case at all; Very impressed by this offering from Dior.

$$
$$

Just wanted to say out of all the leather or even oud scents ever made Dior Leather Oud has the longest life span in the world.If you dont attempt to wash it off 3x tops,it can stay on your skin for 3 days no lie.SUPER POTENT!Smells Awesome.

tuno
tuno

I got a sample of this yesterday, and was on the phone this morning to buy a bottle!

Seamless, daring, beautiful. Another classic from what is quickly becoming my favorite house.

One quick note: If you indeed decide that you must own this, I recommend contacting Garrett Clabaut at Dior in Las Vegas. If only everyone in the fragrance world were this friendly and knowledgeable...

Stevie.D.
Stevie.D.

Wow. Seriously. As a big fan of MKK I was very keen to try this and I now have a 10ml sample of this weapons grade juice. Without doubt the most powerful fragrance I have ever tried. I think I am anosmic to civet and cautious that those around me can smell it loud and clear but this scent is amazing. A heavy smoked oud and leather combo that stays forever. On my nights off I have sat quietly at home and enjoyed a cloud of rich and heavy masculinity surrounding me. I tried to spray lightly to wear to work the other day for fear of scaring my co-workers away. A couple of the ladies could smell it at distance but were not turned off by the scent. I can't believe this is a Dior and I would happily buy a full bottle once the sample is gone, even thought the price is high, one spray lasts the day.

franksgirl
franksgirl

Amazing smell- 9/10.Modern,sexy, classy and expensive. Masculine perfume. I've compared it wrist to wrist with masterpieces like cuir de russie and bandit. It might be my untrained nose but I like it better.

Shanester66
Shanester66

Who wants to smell like a cinnabun or a an orange when you can smell like this...manly...unbridled...and alive!! I personally love LO..always have...I wear it boldly. Is it a bit skanky? I guess but I truly believe the aroma of this fragrance is truly defined by your own personal body chemistry. On me, this smells incredible. ****/5

Woah!
Woah!
I'd anticipated my meeting with Leather Oud with much trepidation not just after looking at the notes but seeing a few negative comments in the forum.
I like Oud (genuinely, I know what it's smells like!) Leather, in principle is great and a favourite note but can be and often is... done badly. It's the animalistic element and beeswax to this that worried me.
It just seemed to compound the other acquired tastes into a hellish mixture that could easily be awful...I was thinking Montale's cuir d'Arabie but with animal stink thrown in for good measure. Just for the record I like the bravery of the Montale it represents a different kind of leather and the dry down is fantastic it's just the opening and first couple of hours that are almost unbearably horrible!

Anyway...To my surprise this fragrance is really good. It's inkeeping with the trend of this Dior range, notably being really well blended indeed.
The Oud is great and not stifled or distorted by the leather the animal quality is actually really good in the context of this fragrance. The longevity is massive and the animal quality is manageable in the dry down.
As one reviewer has mentioned it smells like sex...and that's a good description.
Insanely raw and primal yet somehow finessed at the same time this is not for the faint of heart in terms of wearing it... I'm still not sure whether I would myself as I prefer something with spices.
This perfume is bold and makes a real statement don't have any preconceptions or write this off without trying because like me, you might be pleasantly surprised.

fazli ikram
fazli ikram

I have tried this on the skin...Yes i do smell oud in it..of those high quality oud with melange of woodsy aromas with a tinge of flowers, civet do appear initially..it is not those revolting but a unique sense with leathery which is vegetal like the smell of banana flowers when cooked and fresh...i find it intriguing and unique in the part of Dior leather oud..after a few hours around 3-4 hours i=on my skin in a wintry weather..it evolves into high quality cigar smell which one can smell in the cigar boutique...sweet smelling indeed....

the whole journey of smell has a nice approach in my opinion..it really segregate the opening the beginning and the end...it is not oud smell per say..it has, civet, oud which is woodsy, tinges of flowers and cigar..like a relation ship between one and his/her partners, it has argument, with the argument come sweetness of realisation when it subsides and understanding rises that strengthen like a combination of wood, then come the stability of calmness and sweet relationship of stability an understanding like a gentleman who savour the cigar slowly and calmly full of wisdom..

try it...dont scrub it..the civet smell wont bite but as a reminder of the low in a relationship...it will not harm you in anyway..then relax as it take you through the voyage....

ed
ed

Very animal. Somehow smells of sex. Do not wear this fragrance to work!

ateghipc
ateghipc

This is certainly "challenging", whatever that means. Buy this if you want to smell like civet.

CDGfan

This is a love/hate fragrance, I personally LOVE it.
If you do not like civet do not bother purchasing it. The top notes smell like a musty 1970s basement rec room, but after 10 minutes are so, the woods reveal themselves. After about 30 minutes to 45 minutes later, the civet reveals itself and stays for several hours, till the fragrance changes to smokey agarwood. Projection is very good, longevity is great, I get 10-12 hours.

anguslairdmcangus
anguslairdmcangus

OVERALL RATING: * * * *

The "big, swinging d*ck" of Dior's collection privee.

The leather opens with a slightly animalic civet note, but it is far from offensive, at least to my nose. There is also a floral element in the background, labdanum I believe.

The overall effect is marvelous--the individual notes combine effortless to suggest a rich, earthy, dirty, sensual luxury. It is the fragrance of a man who has accomplished so much and is so secure in himself that he needn't worry about what others think. Others will adapt themselves to *him.*

A note about civet: this is without a doubt my least favorite note in perfumery. I detest it. In fact, the civet in Kouros is almost enough to make me gag.

My admiration for Leather Oud is all the more surprising, then, because it apparently contains a rather large dose of civet. Personally, I do not detect it at all, and this is a good thing.

mrs2241
mrs2241

من میخوام کسی که میگه این شبیه به سری حرفه ای گرلن هست،بره مشامشو جراحی کنه...
به هیج وجه...گرلن"3تاش" بوی سنگین ،قدیمی و عربی دارن...این یه بوی حیونی و تلخ چرم داره
اصلا قبل مقایسه نیستن!!!

Michael1962
Michael1962

was given this gem as a birthday present and could'nt be happier.One of the smoothest and long lasting oud fragrances there is going without the harsh smokey burnt tree vibe

CDGfan

Grotolla, this fragrance is laden with Civet for the first few hours. The Oud drydown comes hours later so you have to be patient, and its a wonderful smokey drydown!

Grottola
Grottola

I don't really smell the oud or the civet in this one, but there's an obvious Antaeus reference here. Leather Oud is a wonderfully attractive and satisfying release that harkens back to the powerhouse days of fragrances such as Antaeus and Oscar de la Renta, with a resinous patchouli-beeswax vibe that gives you mental images of chest hair and badassery in general. The rich, honeyed, woody-leather accord really blooms in this one, smelling classic and seasoned, yet never dated. This fragrance isn't so much about animalism as it is raw human warmth and testosterone. And, most notable of all, the longevity and projection of Leather Oud are both ridiculous. This stuff lasts over 24 hours on my skin and one spray is enough to give off some noticeable sillage with mileage. I dunno if I'd buy a full bottle, but the mini I got is probably going to last me a really long time.

new friend
new friend

عطر الجلود والعود من ديور المجموعة الخاصة
كثيرا ما كنت أرى هذا العطر وأتجنبه لتخوفي من وجود رائحة قط الزياد (الحيوانية) لأنها موجودة بكثافة كبيرة في العطر تقترب من نسبة العود.
بداية العطر مزيج من مسك الزياد والعود وشمع العسل.
تناغم جميل لن تشعر معه بالرائحة الحيوانية المنفرة نظرا لوجود القرنفل والهيل وهذا أعطى العطر توازنا جميلا سيطر على رائحة مسك الزياد.
الآن الأخشاب والجلود والفيتيفر يظهرون في الخلفية.
أما البتشولي فضعيف بدرجة كبيرة لا أكاد ألمحه.
نصف ساعة وأكثر لتظهر رائحة سويتية جميلة ربما المتسبب بها هو دخول العنبر الذي دعم من وجود شمع العسل وحول الزياد لرائحة أجمل من كونه مكون حيواني.
العود العود العود ... دائما موجود لكنه ليس ثقيلا أو قاتما إنه مناسب تماما لأجواء العطر.
والجلود الموجودة به أيضا ليست من النوع الثقيل كالجلود الإنجليزية الفاخرة ذات الرائحة القوية النفاذة، ولكنه سويتي بعض الشيء كجلود الحيوانات الصغيرة ذات الفراء الثقيل الناعم.
لا أكاد ألمح تغيرا وتطورا في نوتات العطر مع مرور الوقت فالعطر يعتبر من العطور الخطية.
فقط ربما تظهر الأخشاب بشكل أوضح كلما مر الوقت وتقل رائحة الزياد ولكنها موجودة على الدوام.
مع ظهور لمحة دخانية تغلف أجواء العطر قد لا تميزها ولكنها صاحبة الفضل في اعطاء العود الامتياز كمكون رئيسي للعطر
العطر بشكل عام جميل جدا، وذكوري بشكل كبير.
لا أعتقد أن الكثير من النساء سيعجبن به لدرجة الارتداء
ولكني أشعر أن النساء سيعجبن به بدرجة كبيرة عندما يرتديه الرجل
العطر دعوة خاصة لمحبي العود ولكن على النمط الغربي وليس الشرقي
وسط هذه التوليفة ذات الذوق الغربي التي توحي بالفخامة والثراء
المكونات ليست بها أية لمحات كيميائية وهذه ميزة كبيرة للعطر
فالتوليفة والتناغم للعطر هو أهم ميزاته
الثبات والفوحان خرافي يوم كامل على الجلد مع الغسيل والاستحمام ولا يزال العطر موجودا
مميز ولا يشبه عطرا سبقه وهذه ميزة كبيرة لمن يجبون العطور المميزة الغير مألوفة

ethosan
ethosan

Just got this today, first smell i thought "they should have taken a page from CBIHATEPERFUME, and instead of "In the library" they could have called this "In the attic"

A interesting scent, dusty leather bound books and rich woody smells with a glow of man-funk, Maybe they should have called it "Ron Burgandys apartment"

Muzoona
Muzoona

its very oudy, woody, leathery. its last forever.. very strong and very noticeable.
just one tip>> never ever wear it in summer or in hot weather.. it turn to disgusting animalic smell.

deadidol
deadidol

This is provocative in the best possible ways as the civet does indeed hit you strong, but it's well situated against the leather, cardamom, and the oud. Given those notes alone, you know this going to be a stinky scent—and definitely not one for the faint of heart.

Personally, I find that the civet attenuates quickly, and what remains is a rich, almost dusty animalic dirtiness that's carried beautifully by the supplementary leather. The whole composition is very dry, and the oud is your typical docile synthetic—which, in this case, works well in the scent in that it offers consistency. There's cardamom here that declares a slight suggestion of BO as well, which, again, works complimentarily. Given the difficulty of these ingredients, the scent is brilliantly rendered in that initiates a push-pull dynamic between beautiful and fetid.

The overall effect creates an engaging aesthetic headspace which, for my nose, recalls old hotel rooms, smoke-infused '70s furniture, and clothes that have been packed away in a dusty basement for years. Clearly, these are not spaces everyone would be drawn to—nor is Leather Oud going to win any fans who favor clean aquatics, or even the over-blown opulence of the rest of couture line. But the scent settles well on the skin, and the wood notes slide onto the scene carrying subtle hints of honey that don't detract from the overall dryness. Once the elements all settle, the result is jaw-dropping drydown of woody, rich musk.

Personally, I find Dior's couture blends to be very underwhelming, but this is the clear standout in relation to invention and ingenuity. If you like Muscs Koublai Khan, Absolue pour le Soir, or some of the more fecund scents out there, you'll appreciate how effectively this plays with ordinarily volatile notes, and does so masterfully. However, if you lean more toward "nice" scents that smell clean, fresh, or sweet, I'd keep your distance from this one. It's an extraordinarily well done, impressively assembled fragrance that will challenge the wearer beautifully.

kaizer121
kaizer121

Well, i'm going to leave this window open as the scent develops. This is my newest addition and it's... wow it's really something. So, here goes.

At first, I do get civet. That's a bit of an understatement, I get STRONG civet, which I usually hate BUT... this is different. The Civet is smooth, almost creamy. It's balanced by leather, and the leather note by itself is a smooth luxurious leather, but when combined with the civet it has this dirty, ABSURDLY masculine smell. I've heard (from some detractors) that this reminds them of a barn, and I get where they're coming from but I disagree wholeheartedly. This is the first civet heavy scent I've ever liked.

As it's drying down (roughly 10 minutes) I see the civet fading a bit (but not disappearing) and the woody notes are coming forward. Unless I stick my nose right up against the skin the wood overpowers the civet. It's a mix of Birch, Oud and some of the leather now. There's aslo a sweet undertone that I can smell which is definitely a mix of honey (one of my favorite notes in fragrance) and cardamom. The combination of these notes, the leather/civet (mostly leather now) and the woods (particularly the Oud) creates this dark, dirty masculine scent that's mysterious, and powerful. This is not a fragrance for the faint of heart. I've never smelled another Oud (or anything for that matter) quite like this juice.

Really if you want a description of this fragrance, it give you exactly what it advertises; Oud and Leather. There is some sweetness in the background, and there is some dirt to the leather, but the civet doesn't really dominate. Rather it serves to bring out the raw power of the leather. This is a Man's man's scent. This is raw masculinity. and this is also beautiful

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

Once I got "romantic" with a girl I had met at a bar on a night of drinking, dancing, strolling, and eating in Old San Juan. When we got to my apartment I suggested that I take a shower first because I thought she would not stand the fusion of smells I had gathered through out the long night. I smelt of the cigars and tobacco from smokers at the clubs we visited, the cloves and spices from an open pit steak eatery where I had been earlier, the woody scents from the bar tables and chairs where I had sat and rubbed my leather jacket against, the oaky rum I had spilt on myself, and the inevitable civet like smell I caught from being in proximity of so many nicely perfumed but sweaty people dancing fiercely all around the clubs we hit that night. To my surprise this girl declined my suggestion of taking a shower and did not mind getting romantic with my smelling like that. Later I asked how she could stand my smelling of the night. She said because I smelt bohemian, warm, and bestial in a sensual and elegant way. She said somehow the combination of all the scents I had collected had blended so well that somebody should make a cologne out of them. I reminded her of all the places and things we encountered that exciting night.

Ironically, here I am 20 years later thinking that finally that girl's wish has come true. This is what Leather Oud is. It is this potent, testosterone infused, animalistic but elegant mélange of wood, leather, tobacco, and spicy scents combined with faint sweetness of honey and ambergris that brings out the tuxedo-dressed Tarzan out of those men who are manly enough to handle this fragrance and are reciprocated by women who want to abandon themselves with them in it.

sussex2
sussex2

As soon as I had applied the fragrance I was instantly reminded of Wonderwood and L'air du Desert Marocain. Sweet warm spices and wood. The woods sit on top of a refined but dusty leather and a hint of civet.

On the dry down the leather and wood have equal prominence. The civet remains very light but serves to accent the leather. The combination conjures images of sweet pipe tobacco being smoked in a room with aging wooden floorboards and furniture of wood and leather.

A beautiful fragrance. Nice to see that someone has bothered to put so much thought and expertise into a men's fragrance. With further productions of this quality perhaps my days of cynicism will be over.

A further development leads the scent to reveal a prominent note of clove. At this point it becomes, to my mind, a smokier Je suis un Homme.

mrcontinental
mrcontinental

This must be what gladiators smelled like in ancient Rome; and why women pursued them with such vigor. Magnificent!

Cassiano
Cassiano

When I read opinions about niche perfumery, some times I create an expectation that turns into frustration, because (in my opinion) some fragrances don’t deserve the title of niche, for their poor presentation, the bad quality of their notes, the lack of innovation, etc. This one is, definitely, a niche! It has exactly the aroma that I hope to find in a niche fragrance made by leather and oud.

Is it innovative? Not so much, because it has the DNA I have already felt in some Montale fragrances. But is has a glamorous oud, not medicinal, well applied inside a olfactory pyramid that seems to me a truly clash of titans: labdanum, birch, sandalwood, amber, cloves, beeswax, civetta, leather, cardamom, etc.

It is rich, dry, raspy and has a good incense tone right in the beginning. Then, it surrenders to the creamy tones, resulting from the amber and the beeswax. On the other hand, it doesn't loses its strength. On the contrary, it gets richer with spices, and the cloves, together with the cardamom, command the heart of the fragrance. In the end, the astonishing fusion of oud + civetta + leather raises the fragrance to the level of tradition, luxurious, power and refinement.

If you have money to buy a bottle of this juice and want to be noticed, don’t think twice!
The secret of the Pharaohs, the opulence of the Maharajas and the magnitude of the monarchs were bottled by Dior.
Beautiful work!

Gileshowe
Gileshowe

Perfection. Refinement. Class. Tradition. Travel. Deeply satisfying carnal pleasure. Holding dominion over the world. First class. Exquisite. Worth every penny. If you are seeking a deep, profound, leathered, woody, animalic spell to cast over yourself and your surroundings then this is it. The cardamom and honey are magical, the woods calming, the civet disturbing, the delicate oudh intriguing against a provocative leather. This scent is ravaging (and simultaneously very well mannered) and if a man wants to smell incredible he need never ever look any further again. It is also STRONG juice. What an amazing creation! I find it VERY hard to behave myself when I wear it, and find myself making decisions with what's between my legs rather than what's between my ears. What dangerous juice, this is!

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Tried out my small sample of this today and I must say I was mightily impressed. The leather and oud in this blend so well together in a dry, crisp, raspy beginning, and really, on my skin, there is never any change. It is not an overpowering scent in any way, but blends warmly on the skin. My nose can sniff out civet a mile away, and I love it, but I cannot detect any here, nor the honey or amber. No sweetness at all. I would like to have got all the notes listed, just to experience them, but I am perfectly happy with what I got. That being said, I would probably not buy this as I feel it is just a little too much on the masculine side for me to comfortably wear. The longevity was only mediocre on me as well, about 4 hours.

lfmars98
lfmars98

Very interesting fragrance. The leather jumps out immediately along with the patchouli giving it dirty feel. I also get a animalistic vibe thanks to the civet and honey. The oud is moderate in this one; don't expect a Montale type oud fragrance; it's not. I get medium projection and longevity of 10 hours; it's not a beast on my skin compared to others. I need to try other leather-based fragrances (I smelled Tuscan Leather at Neiman Marcus and liked it) before deciding if I will buy this. 8.5/10.

LANIER
LANIER

It was the end of the world. Streaked of radiant raging red that swirled and boiled the sky had turned from indigo night to the roof of hell, the hills were on fire. From the last street in town and across the vineyards where the Jurupa Hills climbed up from the inland basin they burned. For as far as I could see from the west off into the darkest blanket of night that was the east there was fire.

The entire neighborhood had turned out to line Jurupa Avenue to watch, and even more people were coming in cars from the center of town. It was oddly quite. Kids sat on their fathers shoulders, teenage girls leaned on the flaring finned fenders of cars, boys stood with bikes between there legs, and all looking south at the savage spectacle that was the great wild fire of that summer.

No one was up there in the flames, not even the firemen from three of the nearest towns. There was nothing to do as the great Santa Anna winds drove the fire up towards the summit but let it burn out. I had never seen a California wild fire before, the only way I could comprehend the mass and savagery of it was to see it as a movie. As the fire reached the top I could see in the flames flagellated by the winds lick the walls of Troy, A city burned for the love of a woman. The wind shifted and pushed hard up and over the exposed rocks near the top causing the flames to shoot into the sky and the image before my ten year old eyes changed to the burning of the railroad yards as Atlanta by Sherman. The dancing sheets of fire raged and the billowing smoke rose so high and then spread out across the arc of heaven like the plume of Vesuvius in 79 A.D. Yes it was the end of the world.

Then there was the smell, The sage and the short tough gold grass that came from Spain with the Spanish to California and what ever else grew on those hills were consumed that night. When they died in the flames they created an incense that infused everything including my brain for days after the great conflagration of the summer of 1959. I haven’t thought of that fire or that smell for years, that is until I smelled la collection couturier Parfumeur Leather Oud Dior. The burning hills came up from the ashes of my mind the moment it touched my skin.

Leather Oud opens with Cardamom, sharp vetiver, rich birch, sandal wood and sumptuous patchouli. Somehow for me this combination of notes by perfumer Francois Demachy sparks the fires of my memory. The heart of the fragrance is built on cloves and honey and the woody Amyris flower, Virginia Cedar finds a home here in the warm heart of the fragrance along with amber and lush labdanum from France. The heart of the fragrance is banked in the glowing embers which are created by Oud from Indonesia, civet, and a very refined fine and supple leather.

The fragrance has depth and longevity. It enters a room with you not ahead of you and lingers lightly in passing. The lasting impression stays on my skin a good six hours. Brilliantly blended from the finest source ingredients the house of Dior under its perfumer Demachy has a smoky mysteriously dangerous winner in Leather Oud. This is a great fragrance for a man of commanding presence and style. Pervasively masculine without being overtly aggressive it would also work very well on the skin of a woman. Who knows what conflagrations that combination of Woman and this Dior masterpiece might ignite?

LEATHER OUD LA COLLECTION PRIVÉE BY DIOR ~ FIVE PLATINUM STARS *****

safari
safari

OMG. perfect for old school man. interesting leather with little green notes. And oud. Best of leather-oud perfume.

monsoonpoint
monsoonpoint

Leather Oud has taught me a lot about sensory perception and how my subjective views change frequently. Things are never quite what they appear to be. Take Leather Oud for example. I tried this at a Dior counter and the first 20 seconds of inhaling the wet aroma were heavenly. My nose smelt wonderful tones of cedar wood and resinous incense not dissimilar to Myrrh or Sandalwood. After 20 seconds there was a huge change when, presumably, the civet kicked in and completely overwhelmed everything with its warm, smouldering, creamy fecal notes that I found absolutely nauseating. At this point I found Oud Leather quite repulsive and yet I could not stop smelling my wrist. There was something that I was attracted to and repulsed from at the same time.

I made my purchase of Vetiver and the SA kindly gave me a sample of Leather Oud to take away with me.

During the following days I kept trying to find something to like about this fragrance with little tests but it kept making me feel nauseas. At around day 8 something changed in my perception of this fragrance and at last I could smell how really, beautifully complex it is. It is now one of my favourite scents but whenever I wear it I am always aware of its power and often wonder how people around me experience Leather Oud. Do they smell the creamy, fecal notes or the wood and incense??

Leather Oud might, for some folks, be an acquired taste and for others an instant hit however this fragrance is very powerful and might require some discretion by the wearer.

I will purchase a bottle of Leather Oud for my collection but it won't be a large bottle, thats for sure ;-)

Kain
Kain

I was really excited about this fragrance.
It's not available in my country. so one of my friends did me a favor and send me a sample of this juice.
By attending to the name and also all these positive reviews, I was expecting something very dark, smoky and woody which is completely up my alley!
But what a big surprise! what the hell?!
In the opening I get a strong woodsy notes (more cedar than oud)followed by some leather and a musky scent in the background.
The leather note is not smoky or dark! it's light, hiding behind the woodsy notes!
There are floral notes in the background too. maybe rose or saffron but definitely it's there.
In the mid the woodsy and floral notes settled down and that musky scent become stronger.
In the base I get slightly sweet and really strong musky scent with animalistic feeling.
It's masculine for sure but it's not a heavy or dark scent in my opinion! not at all.
The strong woodsy opening fade away really quick to a animalistic musky scent and you will have this scent all the way through!
Both projection and longevity is good but it's not a monster!
Quality juice and smell good but not worth the money in my opinion! It was on my buy list but not anymore!
يكي از عطرهايي كه خيلي مشتاق بودم تستش كنم
رايحه عود و چرم؟ سري حرفه اي عطرهاي ديور؟
پسر بايد يه عطر خيلي سنگين و تاريك باشه كه من عاشقشم
اما عجب حال گيري بود براي من
رايحه ابتدايي اين عطر بوي قوي چوب هست كه بيشتر به بوي چوب درخت سرو شبيهه تا به عود
يه بوي ضعيفي هم از چرم حس ميشه اما بوي چرم به هيچ وجه تاريك و سنگين و تلخ نيست
رايحه ضعيفي از گلها مثل بوي گل رز و شايد هم زعفران به مشام ميرسه اما خيلي قوي نيست
يه رايحه حيواني هم حس ميشه كه البته فعلا ضعيفه
در ادامه بوي چوب و رايحه گلها بشدت ضعيف ميشن و بوي مشك با حس حيواني قويتر ميشه
در ادامه بوي چوب و گلها و چرم تقزيبا كامل محو شدن و شما يه بوي قوي مشك با بوي حيواني حس ميكنين كه خيلي خيلي كم شيرينه
پخش بو و ماندگاري خوبه اما خيلي هم قوي نيست
راستش اصلا بوش شبيه اون چيزي كه توقع داشتم نبود
بوي مناسب و كيفيت ساخت بالايي داره اما به نظر من ارزش قيمتي كه بابتش ميدينُ نداره

anthonyrj
anthonyrj

I'm sure I won't get any balloons for this one, but here goes...

I have sampled many fragrances and I have never (yes, I said never) come across one that I couldn't at least deal with. THIS fragrance is repulsive; I was literally repulsed. I used to laugh at people who would use those types of words to describe a fragrance thinking "Oh, it couldn't be 'that' bad"...well, this one is THAT BAD. I don't mean to say that it isn't well made, it is. And I can certainly appreciate the craftsmanship, the blending, the sheer audacity of it. But I continue to ask myself, if fragrances are meant to be worn, who in hell is wearing this???

When I wear this, I imagine walking into a pharaoh's tomb in ancient Egypt where there are torches burning and perhaps some dried mummy wrappings...I don't know...it also smells kind of like a dirty ashtray. What I can tell you is that this stuff uses some quality ingredients and is very well-made, but it STINKS. Well, it doesn't really stink, but as something to wear on your body, it doesn't work. I think it would do better as an olfactive addition to a 4-D movie, you know like if you were watching The Mummy in 4-D it would be cool if when they enter Imhotep's tomb they sprayed in the theater. The only question is how you would get the smell out of there...

There you have it folks, as a perfume this one is a no-go, but hey it's certainly worth purchasing a sample and coming to your own conclusion. There is a bright side; if you don't want to wear a fragrance that everyone else is wearing...this may be the one.

LookGoodSmellBetter

At first I couldn't get past the sheer power of its opening where I smelled something supremely animalistic which I'd figure to be the civet. Having had this in my wardrobe for over a month now it's true beauty is beginning to register. Where I once thought I'd never be able to wear this in polite company, this beautiful monster now dares me not to.

LookGoodSmellBetter

This immediately reminded me of the description of Sex Panther from the movie Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgandy. This is what Normandy beach must've smelled like the day after the allied troops stormed it.

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

Dry parched oud without the medicinal note, with a sliced of aged leather with dry wood + patchoulli in the background, the amber gives it sufficient all roundedness to make it complete. It does not seem speak to me as a fragrance to me rather a scent that speaks of ancient tales and evoke peculiar emotions and ambiance. Not the soft creamy scent most people would call it, it is a strong solid structure that is definitely lean towards masculine but suitable for both gender because of its lack of spicy cologne notes , oh-so-very atypical in male fragrances.

Happy to swap decants worldwide 3-30ml available

LookGoodSmellBetter

This fragrance smells like random violence, a prison riot and a knife fight with rusty switchblades wielded by men with bullet wounds sporting 3 day stubble!!!! I've twice washed it off and it's still choking me out with the very best submission hold to be found in all of MMA!

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

First of all it's all about the westernized oud. I have smelled real oud and it is a very pungent smell...not something I'd want to wear around town. Dior does a dumbed down (soft) oud in this fragrance for westerners. Since it is such a strong note real or synthetic it occupies most of the olfactory experience. It is softened by a earthy patchouli and some soft woods. The cedar and patchouli add the sweetness.

Despite the name "Leather Oud" there is nothing Alpha Male about this. You won't be the butch guy with the overly strong cologne. This has more class than that. It is more about the complex blending of notes and how Dior made a rather foul smelling ingredient into a complex beauty.

The leather ? To be honest I didn't get much leather at all out of this. I did get a hint of it but "muddled/stuffed" in there like in the reformulated Hermes Bel Ami. It isn't a mind blowing LEATHER fragrance at all. Think OUD accessorized to the fullest.

Longevity and sillage is debatable. I tried it on the back of my hand and although having a wet sticky attachment it didn't go on strong at all. Within the hour it was more of a skin scent on me but the point of contact still had a sticky residue which lasted for a while. I believe the smell lasted even after washing my hands. To me this had all the signs of a well made EDT. Some people say it is parfum strength...to me it wasn't

Would I buy it ? I'd like to give it a go but when you add tax etc for a small bottle it comes out to $177 for a 4.2oz....not bad if it was a little stronger with better sillage but not a chance I wan't to take with limited funds. If I had $175 lying around (which I might eventually) I would give it a go. Maybe a good one for christmas.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

This is a fantastic fragrance for a manly man who is sick of all the pretty flowery unisex scents.lol

This opens with a smooth smoky saddle leather with tobacco. It reminds me of the scent from imperial leather soap but intensified and with a symphony of notes.

As time goes by the civet kicks in and gives the scent a dark muskyness within the smoky woody smooth saddle leather. This sweetens with honey to make the whole composition smell just great.

Now their are no jagged edges within this scent accord as everything is blended to perfection. The oud in this smells like smoky burning wood and the leather is more of a light supple saddle leather. Mixed together with the honey and civet gives you a smoky leathery dark sweet musky scent.

A great fragrance from Dior and one that has really impressed me. Wonderful!

louisdav
louisdav

Was interested in the opening but it quickly goes downhill and it ends up smelling like something has pissed on your wrist.

vdxl
vdxl

I really like this one, even though it is barnyard leather: it is smooth, but at the same time animalic. An oud that reflects the true spirit of the house of Dior, it is not yet another Arabian fairy tale. But still, Montale released 2 years earlier his outstanding Oud Cuir d'Arabie, so the idea is still not as original as Montale's. Even though that one is more loud and animalic.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Seductve. Sexy. Sensual. Sophisticated. Solid. Serious!
That's how I'd describe this masculine scent.

Utterly, heavenly manly! I imagine Tyson Beckford wearing this or Richard Roundtree (Original Shaft).
Either hairy chest poking out of the leather jacket or a stylish Rollneck sweater.....both possible.

This is "Le Male" for the more mature and more demanding customer.

I could also see Tom Jones wearing this (when he had bras throwing at him, lol) or Sean Connery. You get the picture.

Civet seemingly acts as the animalic, sexual bond between all the woods and leather and wax.

Very Europeanised Oud and probably the best commercial Oud based scents available.

Beautifully, blended, composed and arranged. TOP 5 in collection!

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

I purchased a decant of this so I could have my partner try this out. So the first try it was rather interesting. He did not like it.

It took a few tries before we both were ok with it. Sometimes it just goes that way. One thing we both didn't quite get what the very strong tobacco in the beginning though that isn't a note listed. Then you got the barnyard of the Oud mixed with the hay of vetiver and it put you in mind of a horses stable.

It does calm down into this really lovely but very manly scent it all really works together very very well. But the first hour its a bit of a rough ride, especially if you do what he did (he did ooo 4 sprays??)

It is a very long lasting scent for sure. And less is best for this particular cologne.

At any rate, he got the gift of a full bottle on the way to him because of that decant. It was very different for both of us, but we both really enjoy it, and its something different for his wardrobe.

Its not something he'd wear everyday, and like someone said, this is NOT a warm weather scent (yeah trust, that was way unpleasant)

On me it was a disaster. (I'm female but I couldn't resist trying it at least) This is very distinctly a mans man's scent, nothing unisex about it.

Kharnak
Kharnak

Strong, fresh, clean, "crisp" Aoud.(frustrating how we lack vocabulary for these things) This one is a nice one. Once again, top note is clear and obvious Aoud, but with a kind of fresh sweetness that a lot of people should like, if they don't like the pure medicinal tinge of the heavier stuff. Well done. It only gets better, and sweeter as it dries. Almost becoming creamy or Coconut like. Toasty Coconut and... "White Leather", white Suede.
Well done, i'd expect that from Dior.

Savitar
Savitar

Without going into too much detail, I believe Leather Oud is perhaps what YSL was striving for with M7. If you want a classy, masculine, powerful scent, look no further. This is undoubtedly my favorite oud fragrance at the moment.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

I don't think I have ever used the word "masterpiece" to describe any fragrance before, and at this point I'm not going to hesitate to call Dior's Leather Oud a masterpiece. Such a delicate balance of so many potent and potentially dominating aromas, measured out to complete perfection. Fantastic dry leather and birch, tempered with oud, and brought to life with a honeyed civet that gives this scent a true animalic disposition, but somehow maintaining its sensibility. Everything is playing off each other like a fantastic symphony of notes...the whole being greater than the sum of its parts. A must try for anyone interested in perfume.

Leather and Oud together! Two of the most potentially challenging notes in perfumery paired together with the addition of an HUGE amount of animalistic notes (mainly civet), beeswax, other woods and birch. Leather Oud is definitely impressive with its bold and intense aroma. As a friend explained me, the oud here is mainly oudwood which is extremely different from the oil because it lacks the usual burnt-sugar and medicinal vibe. It smells strongly woody, dark, incredibly deep and smoky. Absurd amounts of animalic leather and civet with the addiction of birch, provide extra power and a skanky feel that is surely not intended for anyone who's looking for an easy-wear. Honey/beeswax play as a substantial refinement expecially when smelling the fragrance form a distance.

While Leather Oud can surely be considered as a modern composition, at the same time it clearly shows many chrisms of classic french perfumery (its boldness, the strong animalic presence, and a certain "dirty" vibe that we very rarely find in todays masculines). Incredible projection and lasting power. Insanely powerful.

I've to be honest: I didn't expect such a challenging fragrance from Dior. Leather Oud is stunningly beautiful and a true candidate to become the most solid alternative to the laundered age.

Note: Thanks god this has nothing to share with the obnoxious concoction of chemicals that is Montale's Aoud Leather.

Rating: 8.5-9/10

tymanski
tymanski

i got this last week and i'm finding it to be one of the most beguiling frags ever. used to killian incense oud and armani privé oud royal, this one almost completely lacks that cozy sweetness and replaces it with a compelling dryness. there is also a prevalent civet note which, although disconcertingly prevalent, is so well blended & balanced it only enhances the overall effect. and what an effect! on me is ever so slowly develops into the DEEPEST, purest DRY leather. For the second wearing, i softened this haunting starkness with a tiny layer of ambre russe, which perfectly complimented the construction. this take on oud & leather is hardcore but worth checking out just to acknowledge demachy's mastery. 9/10

Akahina
Akahina

Bought this blind! And I love it. I get more leather out of this than any fragrance I have tried (there must be other leather scents with more, I have not tried many.) And the oud is apparent but not terribly strong here for me but well blended with the leather. This one lasts a very long time and it seems that the projection is very nice. There is a sweetness to this rich smelling scent but not too sweet, the leather and oud complement each other so well and tames down the sweetness that lies in the background. I tend to think I do smell a touch of civit in here, something animalic lies deep in this fragrance. Very well blended and warm, inviting and in my top five. Very different from anything in my collection and a worthwhile blind buy for me.

Scentrist
Scentrist

I have to agree with Spoombung in that Leather Oud is a sweet Oud as it dries down. With all of the Ouds available, I was surprised to learn that Francois Demachy could develop a fragrance this subtle, calming and sweet, yet create something so horrid as Fahrenheit Absolute (guess he was commissioned by the house for all of the Oud-based fragrances).

It's definitely rich, warm, and not so overpowering that it couldn't be considered as a good daily-wearer.

To answer where it appears to be found, in the US it's restricted to the Web-store and Dior boutiques only (the New York boutique has all of the available). Sadly, the downside is that unless you're visiting a boutique, it's a blind-buy, and samples aren't provided whatsoever unless you're inclined to try it on skin, walk around, and make the decision very quickly. That said, it's well-done, yet very soft and almost unisex in nature.

Papi
Papi

I checked it out, also at Selfridges and I have to say I prefer more Killian frags than Dior's new "oud". Overall, 7/10

spoombung
spoombung

Finally found this in Selfridges, London, after a long search around the stores.

What we have here is a leathery, tobacco-y, earthy scent sweetened with a heavy, honeyed beeswax (and a whole lot of other things). It's not a 'medicinal' style oud fragrance or a sour oud (like Le Labo's Oud 27, for instance). The nearest comparison I can think of would be Byredo's Oud Accord but the Dior is richer, more voluptuous and infinitely more seductive.

It's a stunningly warm, brilliantly blended composition and one of the most daring creations of recent times.

Potricia
Potricia

I would love to try the Leather Oud fragrance but can't find anyone selling it. I'm an avid wearer of Cabochard and love the tobacco leathery fragrances. I also wear Eau de Soir which is a woody scent.

Any suggestions ??

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Leather Oud by Dior 3.97 out of 5 based on 288 ratings and 85 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Leather Oud fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Leather Oud, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Leather Oud by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Leather Oud by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.