Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur New Look 1947 Dior for women

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur New Look 1947 Dior for women
dislike

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur New Look 1947 Dior for women Pictures

Dior launches a new exclusive collection of ten perfumes named La Collection Couturier Parfumeur in 2010., signed by the perfumer Francois Demachy. The collection illustrates the life of the founder - the famous Christian Dior.

The collection consists of re editions of three male fragrances: Eau Noire, Bois d'Argent and Ambre Nuit, and seven new ones: Mitzah, Vetiver, Granville, Leather Oud, New Look 1947, Cologne Royale and Milly-la-Foret. Vetiver and Leather Oud are masculine perfumes; Cologne Royale is suitable for both genders, while the rest are intended for the ladies.

New Look 1947 features white flowers, mostly tuberose. There are also ylang-ylang, iris, Damask rose, Sambac jasmine, peony, vanilla and benzoin in the composition.

The fragrances from Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur are available in bottles of 125 ml, 225 ml and 450 ml.

iris Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Tuberose Benzoin Vanille Rose Peony

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur New Look 1947 Fragrance Reviews

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

While this fragrance is pretty, it's not 100% unremarkable. I always expect masterpieces out of these exclusive lines, and while I can always appreciate the delicate forumulations in these scents, I wish for more for the money.

This one dries down to a skinscent in mere moments, and on my skin I get a soft, powdery floral sunscreen. All of the notes are present at one point or another, and the longevity is decent.

There is no imaginative storyline that pops up in your head upon sniffing this, and there is no defining characteristics. Though, as I said, it is overall a "pleasant" fragrance.

If you're interested in a similar type of composition of notes, and a similar drydown, check out Bijou Romantique by Etat Libre d'Orange - for a stronger, long-lasting scent.

Q80
Q80

when it dries down on my skin it gives that pure flowery vanilla, the elegant soft vanilla that charms my spirit eventually & calms me down. It reminds me allot of the base note of Anima Dulcis, just it doesn't have that animalic note in AD. i guess i love it!!

ticalica
ticalica

Excellent fragrance that embodies the right amount of beauty, maturity, drama, opulence and glamour... This makes me think o big ballrooms during the renaissance period and maybe something that Marie antoinette wears when she decides tobbe epitome of a fancy lifestyle

Love this smell of dusty roses

yvashche
yvashche

Pretty boring and light: white flowers, some sweetness but there is no distinctive character, like a pretty woman with unremarkable features.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Again I would like to concur with "henri345que" for a formidable review.
There is nothing I can add except that the Tuberose note is perfectly juxtaposed with the green, woodsy, creamy other florals in a very pleasant way.
I usually dislike Tuberose but this is a very unique blending of this dominant scent.
It is just perfectly balanced between sweet, creamy , green, floral and musky to form a beautiful and sophisticated scent of femininity, style, class and confidence.
This is like Grace Kelly comeback 2012!
Female beauty redefined.

Galya
Galya

This is absolutly nice perfume that remands me Mona di Orio Ametys ,green-powedery perfume ,very longevity,potente.
Thank you ,Rouu,for your gift-decant!

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

This is rather a chameleon of a fragrance. At each moment further into its powdery evolution on my skin it reminded me constantly of other fragrances. At first spray I thought of the chypre in Chanel 31 Cambon, later the sandalwood of Allure. Then, the powdery dry down, that stays close to the skin, in style of Balenciaga Paris.

New Look 1947 is the most abstract out of the Collection. I don't smell tuberose, there is a white floral vibe going on but it's very soft, a bit like in Beige by Chanel but without the honey. It's really the soft-warm powdery (vanilla-sandalwood-musk) facet that takes the advantage in this game.

If you like all the powdery fragrances that are launched at the moment, but want something more exclusive or touch more mature... New Look 1947 is definitively for you. (This also counts if you like any of the fragrances I mentioned above)

It smells expensive and chic. Don't know about the concentration, to me it feels like an eat, if it's an edp it does stay close to the skin.

Rouu
Rouu

i would like to greet Henri345que for the great review

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur New Look 1947 is a perfect creation .. usually um not big lunches fan anyway, and most of the descriptions left me cold. leather,big Oriental,soft flora, and Citrus aromatic, more Colognes… ummmm, no, thanks. um all stocked up ..
accidentally few months back i was at Dior's counter when it catches my eyes i was curious about available bottle sizes , 450 ml !! WOW .. i tried it on and for a second i thought um smelling Kenzo Flower !! foolish-y expected YEK .. i luve KENZO Flower , but this is a not well-done copy, left without trying the rest .. forgot all about it , few hrs later i felt there is somthing soft and sweet flirting with my nose .. realizing it was Dior New Look 1947 was a surprise!!
simply perfect .. kind of fragrances gets me on my knees . never been a floral gurl , but there is somthing ORIENTAL about this scent , sweet balanced oriental ,how ever i was expecting quiet white floral draped in fields of petals .. nothing floral here , i would say its Oriental vanilla with a weak structure of light iris .sweet iris fine made .somthing here takes me to the PRADA Infusion d'Iris dry down despite the heavy incense note of Infusion d'iris , nothing bold about NEW LOOK 1947 , soft , sweet , balanced , and warm creation for a pretty lady .
nothing old about this fragrance , screams of femininity . i got my bottle next day and enjoying every drop of it !

Aroussa
Aroussa

Nothing distinctively different to add to henri's exhaustive review - I love everything about this fragrance! Except the size - I so wish this collection, if only the best-seller which is by no surprise New Look - came in a pack size suitable to tote around in your purse. 125 ml is a bit too heavy...

Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur NEW LOOK 1947 reminds me a bit of Krigler DOLCE TUBEROSE. Both feature tuberose combined with ylang and various and sundry other notes. NEW LOOK 1947 offers benzoin where DOLCE TUBEROSE has a detectable rosewood note, but both have good longevity and great scrumptiosity. I'm pretty sure that there is light a wood note in NEW LOOK 1947 as well--it could be cedar...

I would not say that NEW LOOK 1947 is by any means a revolutionary composition, but it is a beautiful and refined one and would certainly please amateurs of Krigler and L'Artisan looking for another gentle tuberose perfume to add to their collection.

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur New Look 1947 by Dior 4.26 out of 5 based on 80 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur New Look 1947 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur New Look 1947, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Collection Couturier Parfumeur New Look 1947 by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Collection Couturier Parfumeur New Look 1947 by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.