Designers » D E » Woody « Groups

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Vetiver Dior for men
dislike

coffee
La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Vetiver Dior for men Pictures

Dior launches a new exclusive collection of ten perfumes named La Collection Couturier Parfumeur in 2010., signed by the perfumer Francois Demachy. The collection illustrates the life of the founder - the famous Christian Dior.

The collection consists of re editions of three male fragrances: Eau Noire, Bois d'Argent and Ambre Nuit, and seven new ones: Mitzah, Vetiver, Granville, Leather Oud, New Look 1947, Cologne Royale and Milly-la-Foret. Vetiver and Leather Oud are masculine perfumes; Cologne Royale is suitable for both genders, while the rest are intended for the ladies.

Vetiver is a linear fragrance of raw Haitian vetiver pure essence merged with South American coffee aroma, intensive and masculine.

The fragrances from Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur are available in bottles of 125 ml, 225 ml and 450 ml.

Vetiver Coffee

Haitian Vetiver
Kenzo Homme Eau de Toilette Boisee
Eau Sauvage Parfum

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Vetiver Fragrance Reviews

deeyork71
deeyork71

Number of times tested: 12+ wearings over the past year on mild to hot days.

Typical Application: One spray on the back of wrists and one on neck/collar.

Opening through drydown: Bright, almost tart, opening which mellows into a long-lasting and nicely linear drydown.

Longevity: Assertive for 12 or more hours...I pick it up until I shower at night.

Sillage: Mild to moderate sillage. Projection is polite.

Value: $180, until April, for the smallest bottle (125ml). At this price point mortals need to sample before buying. Once you fall in love you'll save up and purchase Vetiver with no remorse. This is a large bottle of a high end fragrance that will last for years. It is a good value.

Appeal: D. Vetiver has a learning curve. It was more curiousity than love at first sniff. Instinct said to stop and spend some time with this one. It gets better each time I wear it. This is not typical designer fare and it won't have broad appeal. Select fragrance lovers will come to appreciate this deeply. Wearers will subtly stand out from the crowd wearing this alternative to better known vetivers.

Impressions: I adore Dior Vetiver. It is integral to my fragrance wardrobe. This is unisex tilting slightly masculine. Men and women over 25 cannot go wrong here. This clean elegant perfume makes sense on warm days for casual and casually dressed up occasions. On hot days it is fresh but not cooling like light aquatics. One doubts Dior's minimalist note list of just vetiver and coffee is the real story. It is fascinating to compare this with it's younger and more masculine cousin Eau Sauvage Parfum, another hidden gem which boasts only three notes; vetiver, bergamot, and myrrh. Dior's Vetiver is an impeccably crafted scent. It is a reference vetiver. I tested this alongside vetiver centric offerings by Creed, Guerlain, Jo Malone and even the nice and dusty Encre Noire and found it overall more pleasing and wearable. I reach for it often, no small indicator of the connection one has with a fragrance. It is intentionally simple. The dry down is not dramatic nor does it need to be. It is confident, classy, modern and pleasantly well mannered.

This collection by an iconic designer is arguably the most diverse and artful set of fragrances on the market. La Collection Privee is an ambitious and modern portfolio based in the best traditions of the craft. And Vetiver holds it's own amid the powerhouse lineup which includes Mitzah, Bois D'argent, and Ambre Nuit to name a few. I consider Vetiver transcendent and highly recommend collectors take a studied look at this unassuming treasure, if you can find it. Enjoy.

scent so good
scent so good

IT IS THE ONE... THE ONLY... THE LOVE OF MY LIFE... DIOR VETIVER I LOVE YOU.

ateghipc
ateghipc

Vetiver has been done to death, but this one is interesting. Although not particularly unique, in the first 30 minutes the coffee note here really conjures the texture of coffee for me. I'm not exactly sure why, but this smells the way that coffee feels in my hands. Beyond this though, this fragrance is redundant. Worth checking out if you haven't fallen in love with a vetiver yet, but even then this isn't the best - maybe top 8 or so. It really is just vetiver, nothing else.

Michael1962

I have been informed by my friends at the Dior boutique here in Sydney that this earthy yet fresh and vibrant gem is being discontinued.Therefore I had better get a bottle of this one asap. Heard its only available in the 250 ml size,lucky I have my bonus due soon lol.

hamednoohi
hamednoohi

i just sprayed it about a min ago ,as far as the opening goes smells good ... also smells just like luna rosa by prada .. weird i know

dmoman
dmoman

This is a Vetiver I feel that if your not a vetiver fan that you will still like this. I'm not a vetiver fan, but this is a fresh yet a bit rough earthy vetiver note but that coffee note give this a edge that most vetiver fragrances don't have. Lots say the coffee isn't there or barely notice but if you take that note out I bet there would be a sinificant differece in change but on me I can get the dry roasted coffee note easily (lucky me). Guerlain Vetiver, Creeds Original Vetiver and this is IMO the top fresh clean vetivers out there.

Michael1962

I would really like to try this Vetiver, as I have Eau Sauvage Parfum and appreciate and love with earthy bergamot,and I wanted to compare it to Creed's Original Vetiver but the Dior boutique in Sydney has sold out and doesnt have any testers..damn :(

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

I have worn Guerlain Vetiver since my high school days back in the 80's. To me there was no other Vetiver in the world that compared. Sadly I have to say that my beloved Vetiver of Guerlain has found a superior. Dior Vetiver is more refined, elegant, fresher, and durable. Yes, this is a minimalist version of the wide array of Vetiver fragrances in the market, but it is adorable and a few steps above in elegance than the rest. It is all about the quality of the ingredients and the manufacturing what makes wine, food, colognes, etc stand a few nodges above the average, and Dior's Vetiver is proof of it. And as an EDP this one lasts a long time on me which Guerlain's and others could not do. Chanel Sycomore (which I own and cannot compare to Dior because of the dryer and much different Vetiver note), you have found a companion in your category and my collection, with a longevity that you don't offer. Well done Dior. Guerlain Vetiver, I still love you; you'll just have to share the pedestal.

jaylim87
jaylim87

where can i get this???

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Dior Vetiver is excellent.
Opens a chord with a citrus green, medium spicy, and soon felt the presence of a beautiful earthy woody vetiver and also root (already had one) and become a sophisticated scent, something earthy green and even herbal. Really have coffee?
I think why it's a great perfume, because analyzing it, is simply a matter of drawing and seeing the price, but still, quality.

monsoonpoint
monsoonpoint

I absolutely adore this fragrance. A quick burst of fresh citrus then it quickly settles down to its nature of of earth, grass and perhaps a little smoky, peat bog not dissimilar to a fine 16 year old Lagavulin Single Malt. It remains steadfast and singular in its offering however I have noticed a slight soapy development around hour 6 which is not unpleasant at all. I don't detect any coffee here but my nose is not very refined yet.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Again, I am sounding like an old record but "henri345que" has nailed it on the head.
I like this one very much but find that the coffee note makes it more interesting and arguably more appealing to the masses (given the never-ending trend of gourmand notes).

In the dry-down I get somehow something woodsy, creamy, sandalwood similar to Joop! Homme. Very potent. Very masculine.

I think this could be a great mix/ layering scent, i.e. use this as a base for let's say the light and fruity GUERLAIN Homme to make it last longer.....

Or give the classic "Fahrenheit" a new Vetiver twist by blending?

zepyhp
zepyhp

Vetiver by Dior is another staple to one's vetiver desires. It's a very simplistic yet high quality vetiver fragrance. It's not a smokey dirty vetiver like Sycomore, nor is it sweet like Vetiver Tonka. It's an elegant, dry, clean take on vetiver with a subtle coffee note. This is something i picture Cary Grant wearing while in his well-tailored suit. Also, its something of what a minimalist would wear, all about clean lines.

This will be a buy for me.

Dior's interpretation of vetiver is essential, fresh, minimalistic, no-surprise and leaves vetiver to speak by itself. Opens with a zingy green citrus accord and evolves into an incredibly satisfying, high-quality multi-facets woody/earthy/rooty vetiver with a nice projection and a good lasting power. An incredibly simple composition that sounds more like a tribute to this fascinating root.

I still prefer the complexity of Sycomore or the green edges of Vetiver Extraordinaire, but Dior Vetiver is surely another great high-end vetiver to add to my list of favorites.

No coffee detected, sorry.

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Vetiver by Dior 4.62 out of 5 based on 84 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Vetiver fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Vetiver, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Vetiver by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Vetiver by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.