Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Diorama Dior for women

Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Diorama Dior for women
dislike

yellow floral

Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Diorama by Dior is a Floral fragrance for women. Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Diorama was launched in 2010. Top notes are ylang-ylang and bergamot; middle notes are jasmine, rose, peach, caraway and plum; base notes are patchouli and virginia cedar.

Ylang-Ylang Bergamot

Jasmine Rose Peach Caraway Plum

Patchouli Virginia Cedar

Le Parfum de Therese
Dior Dior

Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Diorama Fragrance Reviews

magnolia_xx
magnolia_xx

This review is about the current Diorama reformulation, I have never tried the vintage one.
I cannot smell a great deal of fruit in it: the most striking note for me is jasmine, followed by some spice (caraway, very distinguished) and leather notes (although they are not in the list). There is some animalic note, stronger at the beginning, more subtle as the fragrance develops on the skin.
It surely would not fit everybody. I don't think it would suit a teenager, for sure. I can imagine it on a very classy and self-assured woman; it is sophisticated, intriguing, very different from the floral-fruity-vanilla things that are so popular in these days.
I only wish it could last longer on my skin, it seems to go in about 3 hours, therefore I need to reapply it.

EmeraldDream
EmeraldDream

The IFRA regulations of 2009/2010 apparently hit Dior hard, since they decided to go radical and relaunch all their classics as Les Creations de Monsieur Dior. They are no longer crediting Edmond Roudnitska for the fragrances in this line, and that might be all for the best, since so many of them are changed beyond recognition.

Luckily I am an innocent when it comes to Diorama. I never got the chance to try it before reformulation, and I am lucky I never did because I LOVE this version - and if I had to compare it to a past masterpiece, perhaps I wouldn't.

Right away you get a longlasting, powdery yet distinct floral accord with jasmine, rose, peaches and plum that slowly settles in a lovely mellow woody base. It is a kind of summary of all fragrances I love: classical chypre, patchouli, floral, woody, and powdery. If I had to choose only one for a desert island this would be a contender, since it reminds me of all the perfumes I love.

malenapo
malenapo

Cumin is dominating the fragrance the more I use it. People tell me it is very spicy. So if you like to smell cumin this is the fragrance for you.

bevren
bevren

Saks do not ship this to UK - but it is available in UK online at Escentual.

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

For any interested parties, Saks once again has this in stock on their website.

gatsby
gatsby

available here. Great creation! So Dior style! Love it.

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

In between Diorella and Le Parfum de Thérèse with Femme de Rochas' spicy cumin note. It's like a retrospective of all Roudnitska's creations.

Henriette
Henriette

That Roudnitska is a genius we already know. That you can buy his creations blindly is another truth. Obviously if you like his style which is elegant, refined, never too claimed, understated.
This scent is a powerful mixture of every nuance which can be found in a perfume: there are flowers, citrus notes, powder, fruits, leather. All so well balanced that one might wonder how this could be possible by a human. I really wonder if Monsieur Roudnitska was only human.
Wearing Diorama you have the impression of wearing Diorella (the citrus opening notes), Dior Dior (the exploding of flowers and honeysuckle coming from behind), Diorling (the powder and leather notes). The fruits is the new note, the innovation in this wonderful scent from the range of the other Dior's masterpieces I have listed here. Among the whole of Dior's range this is certainly the best creation in my opinion, it sums up what Dior used to be, what elegance was, what a classy woman anchored to the past but with her eyes to the future should wear. Incredible scent, just in between past and future, perfect if you love the vintage feel and the modern trend. Unbelievable.

Natalie467
Natalie467

So this must be what I tested in Saks today, this and Diorella. One was very herbal, this must be it. Neither made much of an impression, very lightweight fragrances, not much silliage or thrilling notes. I thought Dior carried both a "regular" version and a "Les Creations" versions, but these were all I saw. I'll have to search for the vintage versions, if I can find them, they must better than these.

Chandramukhi
Chandramukhi

This is impossible to find. I wonder how many bottles were issued.

wprofumo
wprofumo

I had been thinking for a while that I really should write a few words on this site about Diorama "in memoriam". Then I came across this "re-issue" - or is it a reformulation?.

I wore Diorama EdT from the late sixties until it was discontinued. The happy bergamot was definitely there with the first one or two sprays, but Diorama quickly made sure that you were aware of its chypre, woody heart. Yes, there was a little lingering jasmine later on, but I can't say that I ever smelled a peach, a plum or a rose in it. A very little, even EdT, lasted a very long time, but like all the Diors it was not brash but complex and sophisticated. I kept an empty bottle for years and years afterwards. I am intrigued and would love to try this new Creation.

Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Diorama by Dior 3.72 out of 5 based on 41 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Diorama fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Diorama, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Diorama by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Diorama by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.