Designers » D E » Chypre Floral « Groups

Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence Dior for women

Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence Dior for women
dislike

cinnamon
Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence Dior for women Pictures Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence Dior for women Pictures

The house of Dior has rightfully held one of the first places in the world of perfumes for years. Dior’s collection Les Creations de Monsieur Dior introduced in 2009 represents a review of vintage editions. The collection includes 5 perfumes – 5 classic fragrances favorized by many women worldwide.

Diorella, Dioressence, Diorissimo, Eau Fraiche Forever and Ever make the five fragrances of the Les Creations de Monsieur Dior collection, presented as timeless opus of Dior which resists time and new trends.

Dioressence is a classic, sharp chypre from 1979 composed of aldehydes, fruit, bergamot, orange, patchouli and green notes in the beginning. Its development brings a floral heart of violet, tuberose, jasmine, carnation, rose, geranium, lily of the valley and ylang ylang, with a hint of cinnamon and powdery iris root. A base continues with patchouli combined with vanilla, galbanum, musk, moss, styrax and vetiver.

The new edition Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence EDT is concentrated on geranium from Egypt, cinnamon from Ceylon and patchouli from Indonesia as carriers of the composition. Available as 50 and 100ml edt.

Geranium

Cinnamon

Patchouli

Dioressence
Patchouli Intense

Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence Fragrance Reviews

kytikyti
kytikyti

I just got the vintage miniature. I felt a bit, it was king of interesting and soapy. I wont try it, because I want the ful bottle. But i keep staring at the pyramid of the vintage and at the THREE things in the content now! How can Dior change such a complicated and probably sophisticated parfume in such a simple one? c´mon three things? I dont need to be a perfumista for that. well i need to hurry up and try the new version, so i can tell the difference.

Eos
Eos

This re-invented version of Dioressence is a linear, uncomplicated pseudo-chypre. It has a hefty dose of patchouli and a dense cloud of synthetic moss that clashes with a brash spice note. The effect is green and heavy, about as subtle as a punch to the face. The longevity and projection is better than average. Seek out the vintage esprit d'parfum for a true Dioressence experience.

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

The les creations version really smells quite a bit like Givenchy III - more than it does Dioressence. Bizarre, but not bad. Honestly, I enjoy all the "Les Creations" fragrances except for Diorissimo. Diorella isn't as good as it used to be, but it's still a brilliant fragrance to have around today.

sherryberry
sherryberry

Love your review originaldeftom!! I'm thinking about getting some of this. You compared it to two of my favorite fragrances, Cristalle and Chanel #19. I think this one may be for me!!

KJS88
KJS88

This latest version reminds me of Habit Rouge. As plusher, lusher, feminine version of reformulated late 2000s Habit Rouge.

I'm quite disgusted at what has happened to Dior. I know Dior cannot buy back their old formulations from their current owners, and have to approximate... But bottle changes, name changes, formulation changes... Same has happened with Eau Sauvage which I cannot wear anymore--or justify the exorbitant cost for something that last 10 minutes with a bang that used to linger for 10 hours with wafts and whispers.

Dior: settle on this bottle design, improve your formulations. Hell, move all your fragrances to this bottle (much more practical than the Poisons bottles), up the concentration (WTF, 3 hrs out of a fragrance that use to pulse for 10 and linger much longer) and you'll get your loyal, profitable customer base back.

goldfish01
goldfish01

This is like the essential oil I have been looking for years. The oil is from Bath and Body works, called sandalwood rose essential oil. The dry down notes of Dioressence just smell like that. Woody aromatic, heavenly.

ION
ION

I believe, even some Dior employees must have lost trace of all the perfumes, reformulations, changes of names and bottles that the house's perfumes have suffered during the last years.
Sad, and it shows a certain lack of good taste to put it elegantly. :)
I didn't have the privilege to smell the original version or any other afterwards, but this one is delightful, memorable, charismatic!
It is a fine perfume to wear all day. Everywhere!
Do try it, there is some "old fashion" vibe about it that makes it more interesting than "passe'" and I like so much!
One of the best Diors ever, well done monsieur Robert!

An advice: much like Estee Lauder's "Private Collection", this is a perfume today's men can safely wear!

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

One of my all time favourites. This does a lot for me. When I first tried it at the department store, it put me in a good mood all day. I thought - I have to have this! This is a refreshing, summer fragrance with a real pick me up feel that is both comforting and stylish at the same time. It's great for a rainy day too. It's just so versatile. It is a sophisticated scent and is unisex in nature. The oriental chypre is a nice blend for when the occasion is daytime or evening when you don't want a blast of an overpowering cloy. On my skin, the dry down leans towards mossy and patchouli and it's heady and heavenly to the senses. It's classic, sophisticated, alluring and sensual all at the same time. I imagine it being best suited to a woman in her 30's who is sensual but ladylike, sophisticated and in charge of herself.

talnyc
talnyc

tried this scent today (05.16.12) at Saks and it is very, very nice. It is a wonderful, sophisticated fragrance. I love it, but it reminds me in the dry down of Tom Ford's Arabian Wood. Although I love Dioressence, I have to say I prefer Arabian Wood.

I still may purchase this fragrance. I wonder if this is what inspired Tom Ford..ha...I must be dreaming because Tom Ford does not need inspiration, right? Mr. Ford would not admit to that.

I think it did heeheehee.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Originally bought it for my mom (she is a 72 y.o. opera diva) but she has mellowed out so much that she no longer wants to wear BIIIG perfumes.

I think DIORESSENCE is an all-time classic and is so unique and stylish. Very hard to compare to anything else. Simply outstanding and unparalleled.

There are only 2 fragrances that I would position somewhat related: CHANEL "Cristalle" although much lighter, cooler and fresher, it also has this incredibly green, 'broken stems' quality. The other one is CHANEL "19" Coco's last creation before she passed in 1971, a very poudery, soapy, aldehydic green floral.

"Dioressence" is all that and more: deeper, more sophisticated, more profound, richer, warmer, a really weird, yet interesting mix of instantly pleasant floral notes, juxtaposed in between animalic musc, synthetic aldehydes, pungent peppery green notes, it is just so intriguing and different from that commercial stuff you get out there these days. I also find a rich and earthy quality to this: is that the chypre element? That green, mossy, earthy, wet feel?

I often compare perfumes with music. Majority of today's music productions are auto-tuned, quick studio productions with massive marketing effort to sell a weak, short-lived product with zero longevity.

Most fragrances today are similar in nature as they are churned out too quickly, often endorsed by a celebrity or fashion brand.

This is different: if this was a piece of music, it would be a big opera or a live concert of some massive vocal talent: Adele might smell like this!!

Think YSL's "Opium" but not that oriental, but a "shouting green" that turns into a "cooing, oozing, purring vanilla, creamy, spicy, woody, cashmere sweater by the fireplace".

I think the best season to wear this is autumn or any cooler part of year, when you need comfort and reassurance and demand respect from your environment.

This is a very grown-up concotion, only suitable for a sophisticated and self-confident person: MALE or FEMALE. This is UNISEX.

rainbow.owl2

Every time I use this perfume I like it more, it's grassy & warm, a bit spicy. it's enveloping and cosy. perfect for a dull day in London.

I'm sure it has more notes that the three listed, it's like the perfumerers these days like to keep them under wraps...

vertigo
vertigo

I regret I can't compare this to the original, haven't tried it yet.

Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence is a simple chypre. Direct, assertive, ruling. So charismatic!

I like it, but I'm afraid chypre lovers may be disappointed with its simplicity and its being so linear.

Doesn't change in time, big sillage and amazing staying power.

rainbow.owl2

I have seen this today in two different shops at Brent Cross shopping centre, north London (july 2011). I think it smells fabulous & intend to pop back soon to get some!

Chandramukhi
Chandramukhi

Was this already sold out? I couldn't find it anywhere, and I tried many shops, which did have the other Creations de monsieur Dior (Eau fraiche and Forever and ever), but not this.

Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence by Dior 3.77 out of 5 based on 72 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Dioressence by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.