Designers » D E » Chypre « Groups

Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Diorling Dior for women
dislike

I have it: 20 I want it: 52 My signature: 1

leather

In early 2012 Dior is announcing a reedition of the popular fragrance from 1963 named Diorling. This fragrance was characterized by its chypre-leather composition and its perfumer was Paul Vacher. The original fragrance was introduced in the early sixties as the scent of ''English refinement''.

The new version Diorling joins the collection Les Creations de Monsieur Dior, and perfumer of the edition is Francois Demachy. In spirit of the old edition, Diorling will offer you Calabrian bergamot, Egyptian jasmine, patchouli and leather.

Diorling 2012

top: Calabrian bergamot
heart: Egyptian jasmine
base: patchouli, leather

In any case, this composition is made more contemporary with an intention to achieve balance between the original fragrance and modern fragrance.

Flacon of the new version has the same form as the above mentioned collection, which offers eight classic fragrances by Dior. Diorling will hit the shelves after January 30th 2012, in 100ml flacons.

Bergamot

Jasmine

Patchouli Leather

Jolie Madame
Mahon Leather

Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Diorling Fragrance Reviews

reignydaze
reignydaze

I picked up my fluffy old chihuahua this morning, I gave her a big squeeze and a sniff....mmm Diorling, which I have been wearing this week. Chihuahua with a coating of Diorling might just be the best smell in the whole world.

P.S. I aint sprayin' the damn dawg lol X

rainbow.owl2
rainbow.owl2

I've had this fragrance for a while, but hesitated to write a review - I loved it in the shops but went off it a little when I got it home.

But giving it another try, after leaving it be for a while, I find I really like it. The top notes are a wee bit unappealing to me, but after a couple of moments it dries to a soft, gentle leather with a light, floral tone. although it's quite quiet, I find it lasts a long time on me & would make a good scent to wear to work.

Unlike a reviewer below, I find leather to be the main scent.and feel it is quite elegant.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is a very nice gentle leather scent. Soapy, with soft supple leather, definitely quite lady-like and it really warms nicely on the skin. A bit less complicated than I was expecting however, but a simple chic scent nonetheless.

akats
akats

This is pure leather to my nose! Soft sensensual leather with peachy tones. The fragrance starts loudy, crystal clear with sharp juicy bergamont and flowers on the background. Soon, citruses disappear, and the smell becomes smoky, with a fantastic note of rotten fruits, like Dior's perfumes from the past days... This is the time for delight. It smells amost vinage. Yes, I agree to Henriette, as I would believe that I have a vintage perfume also. Flowers, patcouli, that odd fruity note and soft leather are combined to a unique elegant lady like smell. The wonderful heart lasts very long, and hour after hour, the leather tries to be the only star. And manages to be at the end. The perfume's dry down, is absolutely leathery, almost to the masculine side, deprived of the other notes. Still nice and interesting though...

daflowerbomb
daflowerbomb

Maybe I'm immature, but someone just wiped a dirty dishcloth on my wrist. Ew!

gatsby
gatsby

I think Dior was born with the heart of God. Otherwise It's impossible to know so well and beautifully what women really want. Incredible mixture, Goddess blood!

talnyc

I tried this on today (5.16.12) at Saks. The top notes are beautiful. I detected the bergamot/rose/jasmine.
The dry down on my skin is leathery, but the patchouli/musk/moss/vetiver softens it.

The base notes in the dry down are nice, 3 hours later, but the leather is a tad masculine.

talnyc

I tried this scent today (05.16.12) at Saks and it is very, very nice. It is a wonderful, sophisticated fragrance. I love it, but it reminds me in the dry down of Tom Ford's Arabian Wood. Although I love Dioressence, I have to say I prefer Arabian Wood.

I still may purchase this fragrance. I wonder if this is what inspired Tom Ford..ha...I must be dreaming because Tom Ford does not need inspiration, right? Mr. Ford would not admit to that.

I think it did heeheehee.

kris919
kris919

I get this very loud strong sweet floral opening, at the same time there's something a little acrid and sour in there. Then it becomes a softer version of what I just described. gets weak so fast, made me nervous how long the leather would last once it appeared and how strong it would be. Well, I shouldnt have worried at all because the leather never showed up! Where's the leather? There is no leather. If there is leather in here, I'm the queen of england. This is horrid, I'm going to return it asap. If Diorling and I were back in high school, I'd have her head in a toilet every morning. Why? because she's a rotten no good phony floral traipsing around like a leather lol. Go back to the cheerleading squad, Diorling! (the name of this scent should've totally tipped me off) I am very curious as to what vintage Diorling smells like, but if it's at all like this reformulation....I will pass.

Henriette
Henriette

Bought today and love at first sight. Well, I am fan of this kind of perfumes so I am very partial. The opening is very flowery, very elegant and little by little the flowers leave space to woods and finally leather paired with a little bitter note. But both the woods and leather are tamed by the initial flowers which have not gone away but only hidden. I can't tell about the original Diorling, if somebody told me this is the original formula I would believe without hesitation as the spirit of the scents of that time has been totally preserved and not destroyed as in other reformulations. I am happy that Diorling reappeared again after years of oblivion and I do hope also Dior Dior will resurface soon.

Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Diorling by Dior 3.57 out of 5 based on 32 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Diorling fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Diorling, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Diorling by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Les Creations de Monsieur Dior Diorling by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.