Designers » D E » Oriental Woody « Groups

Midnight Poison Dior for women

Midnight Poison Dior for women
dislike

I have it: 1668 I had it: 635 I want it: 1604 My signature: 83

Midnight Poison Dior for women Pictures Midnight Poison Dior for women Pictures Midnight Poison Dior for women Pictures Midnight Poison Dior for women Pictures Midnight Poison Dior for women Pictures Midnight Poison Dior for women Pictures Midnight Poison Dior for women Pictures Midnight Poison Dior for women Pictures

More than twenty years since creation of legendary Poison, Dior is launching the fifth of the Poison range, Midnight Poison. John Galliano's inspiration for visual image of this perfume is the fairytale of Cinderella, brought to life by the French actress Eva Green. The mystery starts when the clock beats midnight, and she is disappearing in the haze. The colors of the flacon are cobalt and ultramarine blue, and it is designed to be reminiscent of Cinderella's dress.

The new Dior's poison is opening with citrus notes of mandarin and bergamot to the rose heart, and patchouli, amber and French vanilla in the base. The creators of Midnight Poison are Jacques Cavallier and Olivier Cresp of Firmenich in collaboration with Francois Demachy of LVMH.

Midnight Poison was launched in 2007.

Mandarin Orange Bergamot

Perles De Lalique

Midnight Poison Fragrance Reviews

aber19
aber19

Yes, this fragrance is discontinued. I was told by sales consultants in Myer and David Jones. Apparently, Dior has removed remaining stock. Therefore, you will need to stock up on this fragrance. The good news some chemists still stock this in Melbourne. I know Oggs in Toorak Rd in South Yarra sells this for $180 and the St Kilda Pharmacy has this fragrance. I saw 100mls of edp of it. I thought to let perfumistas know this before it becomes unavailable. The prices on Ebay are outrageous!!!

truffles

Have just seen comment below - WHAT, THEY'VE DISCONTINUED IT??? Really? WHYYYYYYYY??
I 2nd that comment, then, BRING IT BACK!!
It was the nicest one of all of them. :(
Can't believe this, I had a bottle a few years ago and for some bizarre reason sold it on ebay, I'd like one again especially as bottle so beautiful but now I'm searching online and it's not to be found except for £££s as 'discontinued'.
WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?? NOOO!

LoveGenerating
LoveGenerating

Love, love, love. Dior, please BRING THIS BACK!

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

I think I have to say that this is my favorite out of all the Poisons.

Poison is for all you dark, creepy souls out there.
Hypnotic Poison is billowy and sexy, seductive.
Pure Poison is a creamy, feminine one for floral lovers.

But Midnight Poison really stands apart from the Poison crowd. It's daring, it's slightly in your face. It's feminine, but with a hint of spice that adds just a touch of masculinity. It's got the most delicious, delicate rose note (another perfume to turn me from a rose-hater, to a rose-lover), this thick blanket of patchouli and amber that's sexy, dark, mysterious - things that have been said before, but you can't picture what the scent would be until you've tried it.

And of course since it's impossible to get a hold on a legitimate bottle nowadays - I'm going to cherish these 50mls with my life!

CozyCat
CozyCat

Phwoar! This may just be the best out of all the Poisons! No, wait, it is! HP Eau Sensuelle has now been bumped down to 2nd favorite. I have smelled all the other Poisons, and I have put off trying this one thinking it would be too masculine and woody (I am more of a feminine, floral-loving type,). Yes, it has a masculine vibe, but it smells so good that I just don't care. A haunting, orgasmic blend of patchouli and roses, tastefully sweetened with a very seductive vanilla note...on me, it's the same deep, lush vanilla you get in Addict (2012 version, not the latest one)..it smells like being wrapped in deep blue velvet...it is almost atmospheric, wearing MP, I am surrounded by a cool fog and walking through a rose garden, on a dark night filled with stars. I smell the damp earth and woods, the cold air, the intoxicating roses, and suddenly I also get an inviting warmth in the middle of it, like that of clean, human skin (it does drydown kind of soapy, getting sweeter and somewhat warmer overtime). A romantic midnight rendezvous in an abandoned rose garden with a forbidden lover...it tells quite a story.

Quite heady and rich, and yet, to me, it also smells 'clean'(?) and even somewhat cold and damp as far as patchouli goes, not the dry sort, or the warm-ish, 'dirty' sort of patch you get in Black Orchid or Angel. I could wear this one almost all year round (1 or 2 sprays in summer like I have done, is perfectly wonderful!), night or day, but it surely requires abit of dressing up and a pair of heels. Signature scent material for sophisticated, elegant types who tend to wear alot of black, whether female or male. As far as comparisons to YSL's Elle go, I much prefer MP, it is richer and deeper, and feels more luxuriant, Elle is too dry for my liking. The sillage is quite marvelous even with 1 spray (go easy on this one!), and it lasts about 8-10 hours. Excellent stuff. My favorite Dior was Addict, and now with Addict being reformulated (again!), I feel that Midnight Poison is going to be taking its place.

I know MP is discontinued, but they are still selling it in some shops, so I guess I better hurry...just to be sure though, I will test it again, I don't know which year the miniature I have was released. I hope the full size bottles at the stores still smell like this.

Update: I'm sad to tell you that my review is for the old version, the miniature in my possession must be old (maybe from the same year of its release). The one that is still being sold in some shops does not smell as rich or as opulent, and feels drier and lighter, less sweet, and with less of that gorgeous 'damp' velvety nuance I get from my miniature. It's still good and now I understand the comparison's to YSL's Elle with the later version of MP, but I just could not bring myself to buy it after experiencing the older potion. I guess I just have to move on :(

Englishrose4
Englishrose4

A very sexy dark rose that's mysterious deep and slightly dangerous.

My favourite poison by far and I agree with lillybee that it could have it's own name it's so special.

It's a very complex scent to me and my friend commented once when we were outside and I was wearing this that every time the wind blew she could smell another note of this spicy, incense laden velvety warm rose.

I don't get the masculine note but I do feel you need to be a strong gal to feel confident wearing this, you need to be able to wear your beauty like your favourite pair of jeans, relaxed with your own attractiveness because this will get you noticed, and will go on getting you noticed, this lasted very well on me.

My mother in law even described me as smelling 'really rather delicious' one Christmas eve whilst wearing this, and she thinks she's a cut above most of the time so praise indeed!!

Please try it on your skin not on cardboard, on cardboard all I get is patchouli but on skin that's a mere supporting note.

To me an absolute classic with out the dust! And the bottle is like an treasured ornament, love this to pieces, must get a new one before winter!!

Gorgeous sexy dark warm and modern which can be hard thing to find!

Fmcandy

Fiouu, I had the same taste as you, when I was a little girl, plus Byzance from Rochas and Rive Gauche, YSl, also love patchouli but not all the scents with it. I have MP, it s not a fav on my skin but a total fav on my clothes. MP is a mistery, femenine but strong, sweet but powerful. No nonsense, sensual, classic, adult and organic. Not masculine but let me say i loooove men scents.

fiouu

It's me again. I Just wanted to say that this one popped up a lot in a thread of "femenine fragrances with a masculine twist" therefore I guess most People are not fond of this kinds of heavy patchouli perfumes. I don't care, I love it. I'll favor this kind of dirty woody raw patchouli instead of any "sanitized patchouli" (a la miss dior cherie, coco mademoiselle Chanel chance which is sweet but rather pungent and bothers my nose, so overprocessed it always makes me sneeze on first sprays). Don't get me wrong, I adore patch in every form and shape. I EVEN CAN STAND ANGEL. Midnight poison to my nose is a girly perfume, I guess I was brought up and raised by People Who favored heady or stagnating scents (opium, poison, dune, calandre) metal was my favorite perfume When i was 10 years old and also wore rive gauche and Chanel 19 so go figure, so I seriously don't get why so many ppl say this is masculine When it's very VERY womanly. Even though I don't believe in gender fragrances, I can hardly imagine a guy pulling this off without feeling weird.

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

Found this in an older Dior coffret, circa 2006. I have been enjoying Hypnotic Poison quite a bit so I thought I'd try Midnight Poison as well. MP opens with plenty of sexy patchouli and bergamot. It is rather woody but mellow. A red rose starts to blossom in the middle, but it stays cloaked in patchouli rendering it very seductive. Some amber comes through and the scent becomes more powdery. I do get some subtle vanilla but not any citrus to speak of. This fragrance is sultry without being polarizing. None of the notes are overbearing although I would classify this as a spicy, woody rose moreso than a citrus scent. Being more of a gourmand gal, I prefer HP but MP is lovely in its own rite.

sensuous@midnight
sensuous@midnight

the word "masculine" has been used 59 times in the below reviews. I tried Midnight Poison yesterday, before reading them, and I will add a 60th "masculine" to the 59 already there...to me it is extremely sharp and cold and gloomy. it is a depressing scent, it smells of medicine, and this to me is not sexy at all. I would love to smell it on my husband to see if it works better with his chemistry, but me I just cannot wear MP. I guess my nose is not educated enough, I guess I have maintream dork tastes, but really, no. this one may be a good one, an iconic one to many other people, but not to me. I am now the puzzled owner of a mythical perfume which I don't know what to do with. so what I'll do, is give it another try in a few days. the French say "souvent femme varie", so who knows...

Joie Belle
Joie Belle

This is indeed a dark, midnight-reminiscent type of perfume. It seems to pull the inner shadows out of your subconscious mind. You can just picture yourself reveling in all of your hidden agendas! I wasn't able to make it through the larger bottle that I bought, as it became too dark for me after a while; but you should be able to buy and thoroughly enjoy a smaller bottle and finish it up. :-)

Amparo Noir
Amparo Noir

In my opinion, this is the most powerful poison of d line, whoever wears this would be venomously sexy, seductive and damn alluring. Ultra potent, ultra deadly.

#i dont bother whoever would ask should anything is wrong with my nose as if he has the a nose like a perfumer whereas his is nothing less than below amateur.

shivabglr

It's my second review, only because I love Midnight Poison so much!

I have the original formulation, and this is one of the few scents that always leaves me wondering how something so perfect can even exist!

since I got Elle by YSL some time ago, I always wondered what's with all the reviews saying these two are that similar, I didn't get any similarity whatsoever, I found Kenzo Flower and alike much closer to MP. (I haven't smelled the latest MP reformulation)

Then a few days ago, I wore MP on a pretty hot day (which wasn't a very good idea, but since I love it so much..), and at the end of the day, when I pressed my nose to my wrist I was shocked! I DID smell Elle finally!

but I have to say, the aura that these two create around you, smell very different, only when you smell it directly on the skin you can sense the similarity,

Elle is woody, dry, a bit juicy
but this one is creamy, sweet, velvety and magical! (even a little gourmand)

I also have to say, I don't find it masculine or even unisex, this one is actually very feminine due to the huge rose, but the opening which is a bit like eucalyptus or vicks, might hit some people as harsh or masculine.

Schnuppernase
Schnuppernase

Now here is my love letter for Midnight Poison:

This is a majestic perfume. Powdery, magnetic, voluptuous rose, intensified with dark notes of patchouli, deep amber-musk and a drop of vanilla liqueur. It has to be worn for a reason. It is so elegant and seductive and I love the advertising with Eva Green, I must admit. But it sure fits the perfume - very well done, Dior! I wish there were more beautiful gothic advertisings these days.

Such a shame this is not available anymore. When I was younger, this was always on my wishlist but I could not afford it. Then it was discontinued. :( I had to pay a high price to get it. But it is worth it.

Yes, Elle by YSL comes close to it, but it is more modern and lacks the whole aura and depth. There is only one Midnight Poison.

fiouu

I love it as I'll always love Elle by YSL. This is more of a mix between Elle and Dior Addict, borrowing vanilla and bergamot from the same perfume house and patchouli and rose from monsieur Cresp.
Today I bought my own bottle of Midnight Poison... To my surprise it was the original version, being that I only knew the reformulated one I notice there is a smoky accord that makes the vanilla note smell deeper. I'm thrilled, I'll have to use it sparingly. A scent only for myself, not to please others (although it does,I'm not interested in sharing lol)

Whiteclimax
Whiteclimax

If you are looking for a attractive, misterious, NIGHT scent, this is pefect for you.
But I think is too serious for clubs.

moonprismpower
moonprismpower

Dior needs to bring this back. I have a 5ml mini EDP and I get mostly big, wet, pink roses in a forest at night. Citrus (bergamot mostly) top notes fade quickly to reveal the rose. The rose in this is kind of fruity, berry or jelly like to me. The patchouli, vanilla, and amber are in perfect harmony with each other supporting the lush rose. Even better layered with a vanilla scent (oil, lotion, soap etc). I thought this was masculine at first because of the opening bergamot note but this is actually what I wear when I'm feeling ladylike. Sillage with the mini splash is soft and close to the skin but certainly still noticeable to others and longevity is great. 5/5

lirael00
lirael00

Midnight poison is the second I love the most in Poison line. My one and only is Pure Poison, but Midnight is also my darling. Whenever I wear it I feel like I'm a sexy witch or a daring fairy who has walked uninvited into a king's palace in the middle of the night. There's a big dance ball going on, but when I walk through the door everybody gets enchanted by the magic of Midnight poison.

Patchouli and rose in this one really do create sexy magic together. It's a seductive type of a perfume and you'll get noticed for sure. Sillage and longevity are outstanding!

Krupp
Krupp

Midnight Poison is wonderful, no doubt about that. So many noses can not be wrong! But even for a man like me, who find many female labeled perfumes much more interesting than those pour homme, this is a biiiit to feminine. It resembles Chanel Coco and Coco Noir rather much, I think, but the two Coco's are more deep and dark, and (therefore) more my taste. Further, MP's longevity is not as eternal and powerfull as hoped, and I therefore have to rate it as Like instead of Love.

TheLove
TheLove

didn't even know that it's for females, i got this long time a go since friend recommended it, the perfume is really for 'midnight' activities .. very seducing, anyway now i know why that girl wanted to take it haha

happycapybara
happycapybara

She moves quickly through the garden, the night is dark and the mist makes it difficult to see… the cool dampness of the earth and the blooming roses along the path are emanating the most magical, earthy smell. She knows he is waiting for her and the cherubs of marble watch her as she passes... As she reaches the elaborate fountain, she pulls her blue velvet cloak closer around her… then she sees him...He is there, waiting, pacing anxiously for her in painful, eager anticipation. They breathlessly, urgently embrace as the clouds move away from the moon. He is captivated, obsessed, her beauty, her skin. He breathes her in…. desire, love, mystery… it is all he imagined and more. The medieval clock chimes in the distance….it is midnight.

Three words, Sexy, Deep, Mysterious.
Longevity 5/5
Sillage 5/5

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

Interesting! Reading the reviews, I expected something entirely different, one thing is spot on though, that is.. the patchouli! Wooofff this is green, spicy, sharp patchouli.

It's the patchouli/rose combination that feels slightly, and only slightly, similar to 'Coco Mademoiselle' (to me anyway)!

This is much less fruity than YSL 'Elle' so I'm not getting too much similarity beyond the initial citrus and patchouli in the first few minutes after spraying.

Very sexy, very dark, although the rose is not the red, ripened kind but still an airy, pink smelling kind of rose. The vanilla is lovely, smoky and adds a much needed grounding effect. Quite like this one, though it's nearly the opposite of what I had expected based on reviews and research. Winter/Fall wear only, and one spritz will serve you well! This is a potent poison.

Gingercat77
Gingercat77

This was a blind buy and i had high expectations from a perfume from the prestigious house of Dior.
I am not disappointed! Being new to perfumes, i have difficulty analysing the notes but to my mind it starts of with a blast of patchouli but the drydown is a musky beautiful rose.
Now i have them all- Tendre Poison, Poison, Pure Poison, Hypnotic poison and finally Midnight poison.
Each of them a masterpiece in its own right.
Just wonderful. A beautiful addition to my collection of Poisons!

anna.023
anna.023

I'm one of those lucky souls that had the rare oppurtunity to try the older formula and OMG, let me tell you what a differance it was!!

Usually I don't care or perhaps understand all the fuss about "reformulations". My humble apologies, I'v just been proved wrong.

I tested M.Poison properly the first time about 1-2 years ago. I overall enjoyed the perfume, but it wasn't very long lasting and the sillage couldn't be compared to the rest of the Poison line. It was a pretty week/common blend of patchoulie and vanilla on my skin. Based on that I left the interest in M.Poison and considered it to be the lesser of all Poisons.

Up until just recently... I bought a bottle online just to give it another chance (I'm a great poison lover). It happened to be the original formula I bought, without knowing.

It's a whole different story! It's a deep, rich, full and dark patchoulie with a light touch of rose/citrus, just to balance the deep/dark spicy patchoulie notes. On me it's mostley patchoulie, rose and soft spices(a very nice amber). It's very "distinct" and outspoken. The sillage and the lasting power are now aboslutley in line with the other Poisons! I can really see that they indeed are a family, M.Poison included!

It's still not exacly my cup of tea and I would probably reach for other bottles before M.Poison when going out or when I simply want to project a "mystery woman" feeling. I have other favorites in this category that I prefer. But with that said, it doesn't mean that I don't see it's beauty! It's a high quality, deep, dark perfume that in many ways are a mature (not old!)"statement perfume".

I'm very glad that I got to try the older formula and I wish that all lovers of M.Poison will have that chance. I will give this rare beauty to someone who truley loves it and will wear it as it's suppose to be worn, with confidence and pride!! It hurts a bit to swap it away, but I'm sure that M.Poison isn't for me, old formula or not.

thatjacksonchicck
thatjacksonchicck

This scent is the ultimate of goodness,I love this perfume,Its perfect for a night with your boyfriend.
The bergamott and the mandarin orange are notes very very sweet and juicy that are not suitable for all.
The rose with the patchiouli the amber and the vanilla intersects forming a trail of hot and spicy aroma very good.
I have bought this perfume online in E-bay since there is no more in my perfumery,and I discovered that I did well buy it online because it cost a lot less about 55,99 for 100ml instead of 99,99 100ml!!

purplefirewave
purplefirewave

The original version was a very good scent. The reformulated one is just a plain imitation of it.

MY Love scent!
Unique!

Diana Kristina
Diana Kristina

My LOVE :)

hanson26
hanson26

This used to be my absolute favorite sexy, night-time scent, and then it got discontinued :( When I use the word sexy to describe this fragrance, I really mean it, this is the epitome of sexy but in a very classy, elegant way. I've been looking for a replacement for years and while I've found somewhat similar perfumes, at least notes-wise, they just lacked the character this one has. Also, I generally hate patchouli, this was the first ever patchouli scent I've loved. It's not really earthy here, but rather spicy. Anyway, I was in Sephora the other day and while I was looking at the Tom Fords it occurred to me that I've never once tried White Patchouli, probably because figuring that I hated patchouli, why would I want anything to do with a perfume NAMED after it? Well out of curiosity I sprayed it on a paper strip, and it was not what I expected at all! It was really nice, and even reminded me of Midnight Poison. So, I proceeded to spray some on my wrist and it was like a lightbulb moment, THIS is IT! While I wouldn't say it smells *exactly* like Midnight Poison (the main difference is that it has white florals and jasmine rather than rose) it really has that same ultra-sexy, but sophisticated, aura. Actually, I think I like this one even better. It smells more expensive and refined than MP (which is saying a lot) and I prefer jasmine and white flowers over rose anyway. The patchouli in this is perfect, a little dirty, like MP, but in a sexy way, not an herbal way. So Midnight Poison lovers, you should give White Patchouli a try!

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

Preface: I have to start by saying that I adore with a passion the genderbending of perfumes, because you Gals just have it better than us Guys in the olfactory world of Perfumery as in, just entirely more complex and way better smelling perfumes, as opposed to the boring and drab world of `Pour Homme` where now-a-days everything, and I mean EVERYTHING smells exactly the same, and I'm almost at the point of giving up on all of these new and mainstream Male perfumes that seem to debut every other week, and frankly, just plain stink. I think it`s all been done already. Don't get me wrong... There are many, many gorgeous and quite unique Men`s perfumes out there that can be had, but sadly the majority of those are rare and are going for exuberant amounts of money on eBay and whatever other websites you can find them on. So, that being said, I do own and wear with confidence a handful of Women`s perfumes, and with all of the rave reviews I've read about Dior`s Midnight Poison being a `Masculine` smelling perfume with a dominant Patchouli note, I decided to take the blind buy plunge. The drydown is creamy as pudding and lasts forever. This is the only stage I feel comfortable with... But it's well worth the wait!

This is a Woman`s perfume, not a little girls. It is the epitome of a Woman, and it is GORGEOUS! Midnight Poison opens sickeningly sweet with tons of sparkly Orange Citrus and loud, smoky Pink Roses, and if you're on the hunt for a dark and goth-like Rose, well, it's not here. I was expecting something along the lines of Tom Ford`s Noir de Noir where the Rose is very dark and sultry. Nope, sorry, not here. This is a realistic and loud smoky Pink Rose, bright and in full bloom, full of juice and life, nothing dark, dank or dusty, and as for the Patchouli, I get none... Zero, zilch, nada, not even a hint until way into the far drydown past 8 hours which at that point, it`s the tiniest most miniscule Patchouli note ever. I have to bury my nose into my arm and take a deep sniff, and this is coming from a seasoned nose where Patchouli is like cat nip, and wears pure Patchouli oil on the regular. This is one of the main reasons I have such a strong love affair with Thierry Mugler`s Angel EdP, and Chanel`s Les Exclusifs Coromandel, and strangely enough, these do not smell Feminine on me in the least bit. So having these amazing results with Angel and Coromandel with their very strong Patchouli accord throughout, I assumed the same would happen with Midnight Poison where Patchouli is the dominant note (supposed to be) throughout it's life span as well, but this wasn't the case. Midnight Poison flows into the heart in a matter of minutes, where it's that huge smoky Pink Rose still dominating the stage and now mixed with Amber and a tad of Vanilla. The olfactory illusion this gives me is a giant orange creamsicle attached to the stem of a huge Pink Rose. I love Rose, a lot, and Midnight Poison smells of that on me, and that's it, so I will have to disagree with the votes and how Fragrantica classifies the notes, because to me, this is a perfume with a dominating Rose note entirely, with Patchouli only supporting it's base...

So ultimately this was a disappointment, but a nice surprise as well because I love dearly both of these notes. The moral being? Please do not believe what you read above or everything for that matter. I firmly believe that when Dior`s Midnight Poison debuted, the first few `undiscerning` noses began voting for Patchouli first, so naturally it grew to the highest voted, and with the power of suggestion being an amazingly powerful entity, people were thinking that they were smelling Patchouli as the main accord, but this is not true in the least. Upon these people investigating this newly realeased perfume and seeing the scent pyramid votes and reading the slightly inaccurate reviews, the Patchouli votes kept growing and growing. This is why I take my time and try to give you, the public, as accurate as a review as I possibly can due to me being an avid blind buyer amongst you others out there, so people believe me when I say that this is a ROSE perfume... Not Patchouli.

If anything, it should've been appropriately named Énorme Rosé Poison... My impressions are nothing `Midnight ` and certainly nothing Patchouli. Eventhough it's quite loud and cloying for a short while, it's not heavy, but it sure is persistent. It's warm, balmy, creamy, very sweet, very Feminine, and super floral. The far drydown is warm and delicious where on me atleast, it's Amber, Vanilla, and now a very soft and receded smoky Pink Rose, and this is the only stage that I really feel comfy wearing this, but it's the best stage and lasts a long time, so that's saying a lot! The far drydown is also quite neat in the sense where you can catch wafts of the original Poison, which I find unbelievably dark and juicy and am enamored with it, but I just can't pull it... I wish I could. There is also a very faint olfactory illusion of `cigarette smoke` and `incense` in the background, but it's nothing that's unappealing, it's still a very pretty perfume. For the first few hours, sillage is quite insane and cloying, so go easy. Longevity is excellent due to being an Eau de Parfum. After 8 hours or so, Midnight Poison turns into a skin scent, but hovers into the 12 hour range depending upon application.

Overall, I highly recommend Midnight Poison to all genders. It's lacking some facets in the depth department due to having a simple scent pyramid, but smells very lovely, of high quality, nothing synthetic, and expensive. If you`re a Guy and into `genderbending` perfumes, I strongly suggest sampling this first, because it ended up smelling like nothing that I perceived in my mind how it would and almost entirely way too Feminine due to discovering that this is actually a Rose perfume, and NOT Patchouli, but I will still wear it because it's freakin` beautiful.

Also as a side note... The flacon is stunningly gorgeous and looks quite cool displayed behind a lightsource due to the aquamarine colours really coming out. If you've never smelled Midnight Poison but are curious, it is similiar to Lolita Lempicka minus the strong Anise accord and Cherry note, but still somewhat smoky in the far drydown.

ecerusen
ecerusen

on me it smells spicy. i like the way it smells because a perfume which smell spicy without synthetic is hard to find. unfortunately it turns to its base notes quickly. this perfume choose its own skin chemistry.

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

This deep sapphire bottle has captured my heart. I have Pure Poison and Hypnotic Poison, but this one is just intoxicatingly sexy. Dark, sensual, hauntingly gorgeous. It blends into my skin instantly and develops into a magical elixir that is hard to stop sniffing. I don't find it masculine at all, simply rich and sultry. Top of my list it goes!

born for shalimar
born for shalimar

Just love the whole combo of this perfume patchouli rose i wear it to sleep every night.have a full bottle of chanel allue sensual pure perfume to give for midnight.just mail me.i love it .am addicted but in a lovely eay .must have more.suprised how long lasting it is on skin and clothing midnight blue and emerald.

judee

Is it true that Dior discontinued Midnight Poison???? (I will surely die without this perfume).

Night falls,
the sky is the colour of her hair, black;
with a hint of her colour of her eyes, dark blue.
Her room is drenched in moonlight as pale as her skin,
she puts on her mascara, red lipstick and a black dress,
so short, it shows off her legs, and ever so tightly, it hugs her voluptuous curves.

Before leaving her room and joining her sisters, she puts on her black stilettos and smirks in the mirror mischievously. She is ready to...captivate...

---------

Have had this for quite a while (full bottle with original formulation, lucky me),
and couldn't bring myself to write a proper review on it, so I decided to humanise it like I shamelessly did with Angel.

On my skin, citruses and patchouli dominate on first spray, very sharp at this stage. When citruses fade away roses come dancing gracefully with patchouli(rose is really noticeable in the original formulation). After fews hours, leaves only soft skin scents of vanille and amber. Last quite long and is definitely a night scent, perfect for a night out or that special occasion ;).

Midnight Poison is bewitching, sultry, sensual, captivating, intoxicating and of course, poisonous.

almarie
almarie

I am curious about this scent from Dior. I have never had the opportunity to try this one and hopefully one day will see what this one is all about.

saradz
saradz

Always when I wear it I feel sexy ,confident ,feminin ,strong presence ,and elegant . It's really feats my skin ,I get compliments about it ......
Long lasting ,.BUT. I think you should be carful to decide where to wear it ! I mean it's really appealing I don't advise it for profetionel or summer times ,yet cold weather ,night or parties are more appropriate .

shivabglr

One of the few rose scents that I like. Very long lasting (stayed on a shirt for a month!) with big sillage. People always wanna be closer and sniff!

This is really a poison IMO, so not an every day perfume. The dry down is extremely earthy and intoxicating on me. It's for a woman who is strong, confident, powerful, romantic and seductive.

One of my all time favorites

lisa.flynn.399
lisa.flynn.399

Love this! Dark spicy, woody and intoxicating. Strong, long lasting and projects really well but doesn't have that powdery or overpowering sweetness that can be offensive to some peoples noses.

An elegant evening fragrance and one that I hope to be able to keep in my collection.

tia t
tia t

oh my ..... <3

this parfum is DIVINE and MAGICAL

deep woody and dark floral oriental fragrance for those inclined to partake in a magical SPELL and witchery of sorts

for this perfume to disappear from the market would be a travesty. for those who enjoy oriental scents this is sublime

Dark
Bewitching
Beautiful
Spell-binding
Gothic
Poisonous.....

Sannee77
Sannee77

This is not a review of notes, longevity or structure of the fragrance. This is a declaration of love. This dark beauty will always have a special place in my heart and on my shelf. The depth, the elegance, the romance of this fragrance is hard to exceed. I never feel so feminine or so strong as when I wear Midnight Poison. This is not a fragrance for little girls, it's for serious women. I only have a couple of miniatures left, and I treasure them.

Please Dior, I beg of you, please bring her back...

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

I've experimented with this one, being that I am a fan of HP, but it doesn't go anywhere. Hypnotic Poison is always interesting, always sexual, always moreish. But this one, dry and suede like Addict, kind of evolves into a dark flower, and then fades, and what remains is a vague but persistent berry note. It must be the amber, and faded vanilla.

Evening or winter day scent. Long black skirts, black lace up boots, interesting scarf. Purples, blues, storm-colours come to my mind with this one, partially from the bottle, and partly because of how murky this fragrance is.

vitu
vitu

i think it is discontinued because of galliano

It's a bit too strong at the beginning. An evening scent. Full of patchouli. Very intoxicating. I can see why it's called poison.

zperr
zperr

The opening is really spicy but it lasts just five minutes then I smell woods which is very nice. I dont find this perfume heavy at all,in fact I think it is fresh woody scent which smells also masculin. When it fades, after 6 hours you can detect the original poison. This is my favorite Dior. It's for sure that you need to use it with light hand. The longevity is moderate not like other poison stream fumes.

personagrata
personagrata

I tried really hard to like this, but I don't! Usually I am very fond of Dior and there have being a few perfumes that I liked after hating them, but this one is a no for me. I don't actually dislike it, but I find it too masculine and on my skin it does not last. In addition, I don't find it sexy or innovative, which is really weird , because patchouli is one of my favorite note.

briones
briones

why discontinued.......... im buying the last bottles

layla7658
layla7658

I have it and I simply LOVE it! It is definitely the absolute femme fatale perfume. The bad news is that it is already discontinued, so I am very careful with it

jht4060
jht4060

Dior Midnight Poison is a warm rosy amber perfume with a vanilla amber patchouli base. I smell a well blended dose of bergamot in the top, a clear but moderate rose note that blends well with the off-dry ambery accord, and a thread of dark oily patchouli throughout. The middle reminds me of the discontinued Rocher Rose Absolue (which would be better named Rose Ambre) with a little patchouli added.

I rather like the whole Dior Poison series (though there is something to be said for the claims that Hypnotic Poison smells like Play-Doh), but the naming seems increasingly inappropriate. The original Poison has a rather peculiar tuberose-rosewood-plum accord that manages to smell good yet poisonous to me, but since then the releases seem to be increasingly nontoxic (dare I say bland) in scent and hyperbolic in name. Only the patchouli in Midnight Poison has any claim to being poisonous smelling, and that is a stretch.

Perhaps I should have said that I rather like the minority of the seemingly endless series of Poisons that I have tried - this is one of the few perfumes so commercially successful that there are flankers of flankers. One imagines in the year 2035 the breathless release notes for the newest member, "Fifty years after the creation of the legendary Poison, Dior announces a beguiling new scent Radioactive Poison Elixir Blanc et Noir Extreme." (failing to mention that it smells like fruit cocktail). The marketing department wins again!

Unique!!!!

Scout
Scout

I bought a bottle of this online just because I've read so many positive things about it, and I needed a cozy fragrance for fall and winter. I'm a rose, orange blossom, citrus, floral middle-note lover, so it's hard for me to transition to the ambery syrup notes of the cold season. This seemed like a good fit based on the profile.
When I received the bottle I recoiled before I could even spray it. The aura coming out of the nozzle was synthetic and astringent. It took me three days to muster the courage to actually spray it. I did it in the few hours before a shower so I had an escape plan in place.
I am 30 minutes in and I am delighted. It is much more pleasant than I would have ever dreamed based on the projection from the nozzle! It is comforting yet feminine. I could see a man wearing it, but this is a woman's muse.
Patchouli and I have a love-hate relationship. I get compliments when I wear it, but I'm always self-conscious while wearing it. I never seem to "become one" with the patchouli. Here, it is blending nicely with my chemistry.
The rose is discernible, and I'm thoroughly pleased. I don't have to leave rose until next year! I can wear it through the cold months. Hooray!
There is a tidge of the signature Poison watermark: that citrusy vibe that reminds me of the artificial grape in Bubble Yum grape bubble gum. It's the dominant note in the original Poison, and there is a trace of it here.
It's all becoming magical and I can see why this is a favorite. Will be spraying often.

thegreekone
thegreekone

I love this scent.To me,it is a unisex fragrance.I am a man and I would feel really comfortable wearing this.

Wonderfugl
Wonderfugl

I am surprised I can't find eucalyptus listed as a note, because I get a very strong opening of eucalyptus and patchouli. Very lovely and surprising. The patchouli is very clean, strong, spicy and unaltered by the rest of the ingredients.

I also get a hint of tobacco in the back of the nose, I'm not sure if it's the eucalyptus that revokes memories of menthol cigarettes, or if it's actually a note in the perfume, but it's there.

I don't get any rose or citrus, the drydown is a bit of a let down in my opinion, with a bit of a bland non-descript mixture of sweet.

Overall, I love the opening but am a bit disappointed in the way the frag developes.

Fmcandy

I'm a patchouli lover, though sometimes is very strong. I can feel it in the first spritz of M P, very exotic & chic, then it fades away an the flowers pop out. I don't get the citrus that much, the dry down is really nice, maybe a bit commercial. M P is the cousin of Miss Dior Cherie, no doubt. Today is my first day with M P , I think I will like it a lot.

djuzz.becuzz

I need to do another review on this, this time about what I'm actually smelling :)
This one on me opens up slightly spicy. It is the stage of the perfume I like the least... but luckily this does not last for more than 30 minutes on me. Then as it dries down I get a lovely, sweet & creamy blend of patchouli, rose, amber & vanilla. Absolutely gorgeous!
I love it!

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I have been on the fence about purchasing Midnight Poison for a while - I have YSL's Elle, which is listed as being very similar, but I decided I didn't want to let the opportunity to own this fragrance pass since it is discontinued. I ended up buying a bottle on Ebay.

At first MP is powdery and a little balmy, and on my skin almost smells as if there are resins somewhere in the notes. Over a span of about 10 minutes the balminess gives way to a slightly spicy, powdery scent. Yes, as it begins to dry down, MP is VERY much like Elle. I would have to try them on side by side to tell where exactly these frags differ, but I seem to remember a slight juiciness in Elle from the litchi note that isn't present in MP.

MP is definitely a very sexy scent. I can understand where people might find this to be a potentially unisex fragrance which isn't a bad thing - it is a confident fragrance, not necessarily daring, but will turn heads. I am glad I have a bottle.

gryx
gryx

@judyk - you mean Midnight Poison, right? ;) Btw, I'm a man in his early 30's and I wear it without any doubts, loooveeely patchouli-rose-amber combo.

judyk
judyk

@Aroma d'Latino - Oh yeah, a man could, in my opinion should!, wear Midnight Poison. It's less sweet than a lot of men's fragrances, Rochas Man for example, and I imagine a man's skin would amplify the herbal spiciness of the patchouli. I'm getting giddy just thinking about it. ;-)

Editted! Thank you @gryx!

Aroma d'Latino
Aroma d'Latino

Is this fragrance Unisex? I'd really appreciate your opinion here. Some guys have reviewed this as "Unisex". I really want to try it but women's opinion is really important to me. What do you think? Can a guy in his early 30's pull this off or it's just too feminine for a man to wear? I don't want to give the wrong impression. If Unisex, what are the best uses i.e. (date, work,)

The best of Poison's

Noelle <3
Noelle <3

Love it!! my absolute fav out of all the poison!!!

daisywest

I finally got this amazing perfume in my collection, the rose smells so creamy on my skin, love love LOVE it!!!!

xrayer
xrayer

I am testing this today and I wasn't sure what to expect. I thought it would be incredibly strong but it is quite subtle and soft on me. It comes across as a gorgeous spiced citrus rose, others say it is unisex, I wouldn't go as far to say that but it does have a slight masculine vibe which I love in a fragrance. I thought that Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle was my fav of the Poison line but I may be changing my mind on that! This is incredibly sexy and mysterious. Sillage and longevity perfect for me, not too strong but definitely wafts arounds you. I am heading out soon so will see if anyone comments on it.
Update hypnotic poison eau sensuelle will still remain my fav as it far superior in the longevity stakes, I can still smell it the next day while midnight poison lasted about 6 hours.

diana_drd
diana_drd

Absolutely gorgeous perfume, softer than the classic Poison or Hypnotic, but just as unforgettable. Romantic without beeing sickly sweet or powdery, I sense patchouly and maybe some amber first, its a little sharp, but then the roses come through and make the magic happen, dark juicy roses and spices. It remimnds me a little of JPG Ma dame edp, but this one is more sophisticated, more refined, and I always have a bottle of the juice no matter what other perfumes I am into

SazzieBunny

I am way more into floral girlie scents so this one is a MASSIVE no go for me, it's too strong and very masculine but, it's my best friends favourite and when I smell it from her it is absolutely beautiful and mysterious, so I see how it's a favourite for some

sotto_voce
sotto_voce

This was a blind buy from an eBay seller. I wasn't a big fan at first (it wasn't what I expected), but after a few more tries, I became addicted.
Wet on skin: WOOHAH! Sharp! I see what the other reviewers mean about the "camphor" note. The citrus is pungent and sharp. I can really smell the bergamot.
Drydown: Ah, there's that patchouli-amber base; woody, a bit masculine, yet mysterious, with a bit of spice. The bergamot and mandarin begin to mellow. Then creamy vanilla pokes through, and a classic, romantic rose tangles up with the bergamot, gliding gently over the amber-patchouli ground layer.

This is definitely suitable as a unisex scent, with the masculine interplay of sharp bergamot and woody patchouli. My boyfriend could probably wear this well. But the romantic rose gives this a deeply feminine feel on a lady. It's not a scent for a blushing flower; the woman who wears this is strong, bold, a warrior in cobalt blue.

Beautiful and unique. Bravo, Dior. Sad to see it discontinued. :(

ZELJO
ZELJO

wow, what a great one,bottle, which is beautiful with such colors, may be dark but the smell is full of light, a brighting sweet mix of amber and patchouli than grows on you a while after sprayed, totaaly unisex for me, although I,m one of those who doesnt make differences beetwen a female and a male,s perfum

MsDana
MsDana

This is a bold & beautiful fragrance. I find it romantic & sensual, perfect for romantic evenings. Very sexy! I finally got my hands on it, & I absolutely love it. It is now one of my favorites! I am very pleased.

Opalwind
Opalwind

I agree with Bohemian in general. The powder dry down mellows in time, but the rose/vanilla was too sweet on me. Was hoping the other ingredients would overwhelm the sweet. I love patchouli and Amber and love, love bergamot mixed with mandarin.
Opal

SCBohemian
SCBohemian

I am a huge fan of all of the Poison collection and Midnight Poison is by far my favorite. I LOVE the magical complexity of this fragrance. On me, it opens up with spicy patchouli, but a half hour later, warm amber appears. The drydown is powdery, which reminds me of Shalimar. Midnight Poison is the perfect autumn fragrance---it's cozy and sophisticated. Just wish longevity was better; only lasts about 3 hours on me for the eau de parfum.

sky74
sky74

Tried it today, it's amazing!!!
a chypre floral from house of Dior( nothing could be wrong here)It is strong and patchuli, but I don't find it masculin, on the contrary: it's super feminine and sexy. I can relate it to coco or Gucci eau de parfum, that kind of perfumes.

zetaophiuchi
zetaophiuchi

Of all the Poisons, this one is my favourite but definitely not for the faint-hearted. I wouldn't describe it as masculine, but it may be for some who are accustomed to the more innocent, floral girlie scents. It is a scent for a feminine, seductive, yet smart and strong woman, a woman of the world. My all-time favourite, I always wear it with a killer dress in the evenings. I've stocked up since it will be discontinued :(

sangraria
sangraria

From the very beginning the scent is developing into a mystical parallel, a raven`s fly on the tops of Bran`s castle here in Transylvania, an in love Cinderella, which expects to meet her lover, Count Dracula, as she slips through the cold walls of the domain... it whispers a song about night, magical creatures and unfulfilled desires... this is the perfume about memory facets...remembering a beautiful odor passed on the other world

guadaval88
guadaval88

I think it's quiet similar to Perles de Lalique at first and only in the top notes. It middle notes stays really soft in my skin and evaporates to become a sweet, fresh and common perfum. I think I can give it to my young sister, who is starting to go out at night. I think it's for sexy interesting girls, but definitly not for seductive adult women that wants to be original and elegant. However, I give it my like.

Aaredhel
Aaredhel

I can't stop smelling Midnight Poison by Dior since the girl at the counter gave me a tester earlier this afternoon... as a first minute lover of original Poison, this is definitely going to be my next purchase and now I finally get why I like it so much.
There is something about it that reminds me of a feminine version of Zino Davidoff, which I think is the most sexy fragrance of all times for men...

Lausal2328
Lausal2328

More unisex than the other poisons (I do own all of them) dark & sexy, patchouli & amber is what I get the most with a hint of rose. No longer available at Dior.com but can be found at fragrance retailers

catcat42
catcat42

tried this one today, the salesperson was shocked how light it was on me..I like darker deeper perfumes and this was light pleasant and sweet on me..Despite strong opening, its very soft on drydown and no sillage at all..I can not say its masculen its not..Narciso Rodrigues EDt was more masculen then this..

Ivanete Bampi
Ivanete Bampi

My honored the day: Midnight Poison!

Its main attraction nowadays seems to be the fact that it was discontinued, was short-lived, and, although arranged fervent adorers not as successful as hoped Dior.

Not arrived at the foot of the huge success of the original Poison.

The reason is clear: the duality between a note extremely aggressive, patchouli, and a chord of roses a very delicate flower. Add to this a certain 'level' almost alcoholic camphor, which ended up making him a scent virtually shareable. Although the result is striking, the proposal was limiting the possible users. Ie: a perfume is ideal for women who do not like sweet perfumes, and has a crush by woody masculine.

It is the new Cinderella, resolute, bold, no more waiting for Prince Charming. However not lost their femininity (represented by roses), still knows how to be engaging, charming and remarkable. I think a concept very appropriate and consistent, fully present.

But it stuck.

Particularly still think Poison original vintage much more striking and night than Midnight Poison, which may very well be worn day without any problem.

Poison The original was overwhelming, however, limited in its use was restricted at night and festive occasions, unless you want to be the center of attention.

In a new era, the MP, created in 2007 (over 20 years after the birth of Poison) MP came contemplate another type of audience.

Does it worked?

Proposed good, shame that Dior does not banked, the vast majority of women still choosing the floral or sweets, or both, so that Hipnotic Poison had three versions.

The olfactory pyramid of Midnight Poison brings bergamot and mandarin in the top notes, the chord in the heart floral with roses and patchouli with amber and vanilla in the background. While suggesting that the output is quite citrus (and I do not really like citrus) these fruits input not make much difference in the final result. What I think is that MP is much more complex than his pyramid suggests: A warm and seductive fragrance, camphor and slightly floral, very patchouli, and amber colored liqueur but also. Behind a pyramid so simplistic, there seems to be some secrets that make the success of this fragrance for me.

The hype behind Midnight Poison can explain it perfectly: actress Eva Green in a long dark blue dress, with the starry night background. It's exactly the proposal of Midnight Poison: pick something that brings the memory of men (dark blue or patchouli) and turn it into something feminine, elegant and extremely engaging, with the help of the rose, symbol of femininity and beauty. Contemporary, the Gothic Cinderella Dior brought the boldness of the dark shades of midnight in a perfume.

I like a lot, unfortunately, because it brings me a big problem, discontinuation.

Despite the Dior find that the perfume does not charted, YSL fragrance invested in the same line, Elle then ball out for Dior again, that will end up losing these admirers, now orphaned (not me, I can not stand the pink pepper, unfortunately) .

I've talked before, this perfume, for me, is like a dewy rose in a dark and starry ...

Scent of a woman warrior, a tribute to all women of today, who do not expect more than just the luck they booked, go after their desires and achievements.

Congratulations Jacques Cavallier and Olivier Cresp Fraçois Demachy for having given us Midnight Poison and hurt with Dior, for you have drawn line.

Applause for Poison Midnight!!
Love, love and love.

(Sorry my english)

Catt
Catt

I got this yesterday at CK Tangs (Singapore) and the SA at the Dior counter told me that this would be discountinued sometime this year (2013- not sure which month). I'm feeling a little sad because I finally found a Poison that doesn't give me a headache!

Edit:
I've been using this for about close to 2 months now, and it's the perfume I reach out for most often. This scent is commonly known as a night-time fragrance, but I use it mostly in the daytime. The 'masculinity' of the scent makes it easy for me to wear in the daytime since I'm fine using men's colognes anytime if that makes sense. However, the thing that keeps it from tipping completely over into the zones of a conventional man frag is the rose that wavers in and out. As a whole, it's not overtly woody, just a little spicy and warm, and yet there is a freshness that makes it perfectly alright to wear in the hot sun. It is nothing like any of women-targeted perfumes I have in my small collection and morphs quite a bit on me.

Sillage: Anyone within a 2 meters radius can smell me (I like to use my wide office cubicle as a gauge). I use 2 small squirts as this bottle has a powerful well-dispersed sprayer.

Longevity: A decent 8 hours in the office (air-conditioning interspaced with an hour-long lunchbreak walk in a high humidity environment).

By the way, I was so afraid of this truly being discontinued (who really knows for sure if they will bring it back or not?!) that I used up all my Tangs vouchers to get a 100ml backup bottle. It was between that or a rice cooker anyway :P

arrokaj
arrokaj

i bought it twice and i would buy it again . it carries me away in cinderella's fairytale :) adore it

francess.raymundo
francess.raymundo

this smells like a noire version of Stella Mc Cartney Stella

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

The opening of Midnight Poison is actually quite sweet, like a mixture of fruits and flowers, but fortunately with a well elaborated subtlety. It then gradually evolves into a rose-amber scent spiced up by patchouli. I also get a tease of pepper, which reminds me of a phase of Perles de Lalique drydown. The whole fragrance is more on the dry side to my nose. The vanilla here does not contribute to a creamy texture. The sillage is relatively close but it holds on well on my skin.

Well, I don't find MP particularly dark or masculine. If it was marketed in the bottle of Pure Poison or Tendre Poison, I would not be surprised. It's not difficult to wear, nor is it very complicated. However, I see it a fragrance that helps bringing out one's own personality, a fragrance with caracters and attitude without being pretentious, like a well crafted leather jacket.

djuzz.becuzz

Intoxicating & Sensual to me... Dark & Sexy as well!
And yes, this could definitely be unisex!
Masterpiece!

madgefan
madgefan

When I smell it from the bottle it's a sweet rose. Absolute heaven. When it's on my skin, the sweetness goes away and it's only patchouli. Which is fine because I love patchouli, it's just that I wish the sweet rose stayed along for the ride. Still, whenever I smell it from the bottle I'm in ecstacy.

joyous81
joyous81

This fragrance can is available at frangrancenet.com

UPDATE FROM AUSTRALIAN DIOR SALES REPS:
_____________________________________________________________

Midnight Poison is discontinued in Australia as of 2013. The moment the bottles are sold off the shelves there will be no more re-ordering of stock.

Apparently DIOR found that their sales are not keeping up with their production and the cost of stocking shelf space for something that is not selling is not worth it- so they discontinued our precious Midnight Poison.

I always knew it was too unisex and masculine to be appreciated by the masses. Only us fragrance lovers on here can truly appreciate and admire the craftsmanship and beauty that is Midnight Poison.

sofiii
sofiii

Midnight Poison by Dior has been a scent I wanted to try, but always go pass and forgot. I have to admit, the commercial by Eva Green is mesmerizing and this might be the reason I actually want to test out another poison (despite that I have been disappointed by all the rest).

Finally, I have my hands on a sample.
Somehow, it’s a nice surprise (because it’s not too poison-like, it doesn’t have Hypnotic Poison’s cloying, it doesn’t cry out loud like the original, it has nothing indolic overdose like what you can smell in the Pure Poison); thus it is quite wearable. However, I am a bit disappointed by the scent itself, for its similarities to many other dark rose-patchouli themed perfumes.

The beginning of Midnight Poison is bold, loud with slightly syrupy rose and a really earthy touch of patchouli. Gradually, the scent gets sweeter, with an addition of orange-flavored jelly slice smell. The whole composition at this point is dark, beautiful, rose-y yet with some gothic woody hint. Towards the dry down, the whole scent gets warmer, more timid with the slightly muddled orange-patchouli-woody combo.
Surely the dry down is nice as a comfortable hug from someone you are not entirely used to, but it disappointed due to the high comfort level and no vamp-dark twist.

jellybeantree

It's not completely discontinued, can always buy it online!

Bandit

Guess we are looking non-US, it's the biggest part of the world after all.

Midnight Poison is on all websites of Dior, German, French, Hong Kong, UK, even on the unspecific "international". Maybe MP is pulled from the US market? Wouldn't be the first time, something like this happens.

Jellybeantree:
Its not up on the US website from Dior which one are you looking at out of state?When i pull up Dior i see Hypnotic,Poison & Pure Poison and there are more Hypnotic products but that's it.

jellybeantree

This fragrance is still on the Dior website! I really have no idea if its gone, if it is too bad! Lovely patchouli/ rose fragrance!

Samer007:
stated in a blog in 2009 on fragrantica if you look up on midnight poison discontinued you should find it on google-stated by Foxfollwer:"I found this out through a lovely young, and very knowledgable girl at the Elizabath Arden counter at Macy's. She was covering the Dior counter when I tested Midnight Poison and Addict last week. I went back to purchase yesterday and she said that the eddict from Dior came though last Tuesday. I conferred with the Dior rep and indeed, they had pulled all product for returns".

While it is being sold whereever it is available while they have it in stock it is not even carried on the Dior website for sale anymore..i'm sure enough stock was made and its still selling but why not sell it on their site if its not discontinued.i can't even purchase a bottle anywhere in NYC and we have everything for sale..the only places you can get it mostly is online through perfume shops or ebay/amazon..most of the poisons have been pulled all except hypnotic,regular poison and pure poison..thats all Dior sells online

samer007
samer007

who said it's discontinued it's not!

Urania
Urania

For me, this is love at first sight, and the second, and love forever.
In my mind, the woman, who carries this perfume is a woman with face of a girl, but with the heart of a brain surgeon. From the beginning she is cool and cautious, but if thou be trusted only can ignite the world thou and to invite their parents thee to look of the first order.
Her heart, of course, is like secret midnight rose, few will see how bloom. Sometimes, even if it seems as though it is dispassionate, but it is because the flame inside strongly it forests, and it is fighting to continuously not wipe out someone, not to hurt him. No one should suffer deliberately in love, this is her motto. Because only man who knows love, know that it is not means, nor purpose, it is the force of life, thy Divine law.

p.s. Advertising underestimate your audience, totally.

За мен това е любов от пръв поглед, и от втори, и любов завинаги.
Представям си жената, която носи този парфюм като жена с лице на момиче, но със сърце на мозъчен хирург. От начало е хладна и въздържана, но ако ти се довери, може да подпали светът ти и да покани родителите ти да гледат от първия ред. Разбира се, сърцето и е многолистно като тайнствена роза, малцина ще видят как цъфти. Понякога дори изглежда сякаш е безстрастна, но това е, защото пламъкът отвътре силно я гори, и тя се бори непрекъснато да не помете някого, да не го нарани. Никой не бива да страда умишлено в любовта, това е нейното мото. Защото само човек, който познава любовта, знае, че тя не е средство, нито цел, тя е силата за живот, твое Божествено право.

п.п. Рекламата на продукта подценява аудиторията, тотално.

marily
marily

I can't believe it that it is discontiued!!!!! I can't understand why they do this when the perfume is so likeable of many people!!!! I love this scent,it makes me feel so sexy,so femine. Very long lasting!!!! Please bring it back again!!!!!!!!!

ForrealMe2

Goodness in heaven! I hated this thing when i first smelled it..then a couple of hours later i had combined this and Guerlain Eau De Shalimar and it smelled wonderful but then one of the scents was really taking over and i was like which one is this..i was shocked it was the Midnight Poison...this perfume is the freak show of scents but i think its a masterpeice lost to the fragrance world by discontinuing it..i like scents with character..a challenge ..and this baby was a challenge but worth the wait..after dealing with New Haarlem i feel like i can take on other perfumes because that was a hard one for me to get pass before it became my number one...oh this is an extreme cold patchouli and citrus with Diors signature creamy vanilla..then comes in the menthol...i am sure there is amber and rose in this but those top three is what i smell the most and maybe the amber..this is a perfume you must let devolope and it will surprise you and then you will love it..i can't get enough and it lasts all day..i couldn't stop smelling wiffs of this...mmmm so yummy!wow wow wow..i wish i had bought the non-reformulated version but this is just as good and lasts.

sunnysaintstar
sunnysaintstar

I had this perfume, loved it. It was a very dark but volupteous perfume. It is normal, patchouli is dark and mysterious. But it''s not overpowering like for example in Reminescence... which I also love but it's not for everybody.
Midnight Poison is more approchiable, especially in the night it gives that extra mystery you can add to your personality. Vraiment delicieux cherie!

ChristelC
ChristelC

I love love love this fragrance! This is without a doubt my alltime favourite. It is such a beautiful, mysterious scent. It is also slightly masculine which I love. Unfortunately, it is for some reaon discontiued so I only use it on special occasions. I can highly recommend it. I always get complimented on it and people can smell it from a distance - which I do not mind at all.

Do yourself a favour and go get it - you will not regret it!!

Thelma Scents
Thelma Scents

This is how I treat this poison:- after a warm evening shower, I squirt it, just once onto my left middle finger, put down d bottle, touch my right middle finger to the left middle finger, then dab it on my neck region...close to the ears. There after, I welcome sweet dreams. Bye bye nightmares.

pinkypuff
pinkypuff

Nice and strong one which contains an obvious amount of patchouli. I LOVE patchouli, so that's good. It's one of that kind of scents, which smells masculine by itself, but which makes u smell feminine when u wear it. Might be a little extreme for daily wear, and should not even be taken to consideration for the hot summer days. Anyway if u like noticable, woody winter scents, you should try this.

frag-overdose
frag-overdose

Midnight Poison really is a poison!
With minimal notes, it turns out to be one of the most powerful, 'poisonous' poisons ever made by Dior.

The rose is present from the initial to the drydown, along with strong patchoulli scent. It is quite medicinal, yet floral. Also, at times it smells like an oinment, I would say rosy-camphorous.

It has powerful silage and lasting power. The drydown really is a powerful carnal seduction. I would agree with many, saying that this could be the one made for men.

Love it!

freddinos
freddinos

Wow, what an appropriate name! Midnight Poison is dark; no moonlight or stars shining here, only clouds forming in the night sky for a thunderstorm to begin... I found it very strong, very overpowering, just too much for me to handle. The patchouli is overdosed, the citrus aromas are on steroids,the amber is deep and affirmative! Not a perfume for the faint at heart, like -as it turns out- myself... Very strong and long lasting, I only wish my beloved Hypnotic Poison lasted and projected this well...

Kiera79
Kiera79

All I get from this is sweet vanilla and a LOT of patchouli. It becomes very cloying and overpowering.

vergil_s
vergil_s

Another amazing perfume from Dior copmpany.
It is my second favorite ( after lovely pure poison ) from poison series.
Very warm and sensual, and a bit heavy. It is only suitable for winter nights.
Mysterious combination of patchouli and rose whit hint of citrus notes in beginning,
And sensual combination of patchouli in warm base amber and sweet vanilla in drying down.
And in my opinion it's a bit masculine.
I highly recommended this one.
Great longevity and projection.

یه عطر رویایی دیگه از کمپانی محبوب دیور.
بعد از پیور پویزن محبوب ترین عطر من توی سری پویزن هاست.
یه عطر گرم و محرک که یه کم هم سنگینه و به نظرم بیشتر برای شب های سرد سال مناسبه.
در ابتدا یه نت مرکباتب به همراه گیاه نعنای هندی وگل رز داریم و در انتها یه ترکیب دل نشین از گیاه نعنای هندی به همراه وانیل و عنبر داریم.
به نظرم این عطر یه کم مردونه هم هست اما برای خانوم های جوون هم مناسب نیست.
به شدت این کار دوست داشتنی رو پیشنهاد میکنم.
از دیور انتظار همچین کاری هم بود البته.
پخش بو و ماندگاری خوبی هم داره.

Monica lee
Monica lee

Sesy sexy sexy pero sensualidad con clase y mucha, aparte es elegante y sofisticado, dejas una estela de misterio ya que es un perfume muy particular!!! no e sun perfume para una mujer timida o aburrida!!, este perfume es para una mujer sexy segura y bella en todo aspecto,me encantan los perfumes dior son tan sofisticados y unicos

alessia
alessia

the extraordinary thing about this perfume is,to me, how it manages to stay tender and romantic preserving its sumptuous, rich sexiness; it's a blonde, fairytale princess with the dark side. one, simply, can not grow tired of it.

mehrdad

با احترام مهرداد
E.mail: perfume.gallery121@gmail.com
Kik: mehrdad_gallery

SazzieBunny

im not a fan of this as its way too powerful and strong on me,i prefer sweeter girlie scents
but it is my best friends signature and it is beautiful on her and long lasting!

Di_berry
Di_berry

Today I bought this perfume, and I liked it. The strange thing is that I blind bought it and smelled exactly like I imagined it to be.
The opening is by far the best of perfume, is among menthol (like camphor), and then appears like a candy anethole (or licorice)
The aroma is very particular. After a facet develops a little masculine, very unisex, but perfect for a woman.
What convinced me less was the drying, very earthy, and a little odd.
They Poison part is well noticed here, at times brings a memory to the others poisons, slight but noticeable familiarity.
Good longevity and average projection, if not over applied.
I personally like it very much!! Not to try on paper, it develops on the skin, and quite nicely IMO.-

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

This is such a beautiful scent. I don't think it's for men at all (I wouldn't date a man who smelled of this ... and I think he'd rather date my husband), but to each his own. There is a mysterious coldness to it that is very intriguing. I wish I could afford to buy all the Hypnotic scents.

John_John
John_John

This is a men's perfume. It is apparently made for men & Eva Green.
Will get you noticed. Really opulent.

smerina
smerina

Another master piece by Jacques Cavallier.. his perfumes are usually very similar to each other with orange/lemon/mandarin notes.. if you love lemon,orange and vanilla type scents, this is just for you! it's an alluring scent with a very long staying power.. It's my signature perfume for special occasions & going out at night.

Beatrixel
Beatrixel

whoo! this feels to me like a cross between pure poison and a just a lil' bit of hypnotic. in a way it felt almost masculine. odd!

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

This is just lovely. For all its simplicity, this is one elegant fragrance. It opens with a blast of sour orange, patchouli, and bergamot, which mellows to a richer, less pungent citrusy sweetness. As it develops, the fragrance quiets down to a beautiful rose and patchouli, with a touch of amber. The citrus remains, but is much more subtle. Fresh, but seductive. Feminine, but not innocent. This is one sexy lady. I like it!

zsazsa.vr
zsazsa.vr

I bought a 100 ml bottle in 2011. In 2012 Midnight Poison disappeared from Canadian department stores. I was told that it is discontinued. THE HORROR!!!

Not sure if it’s true or not, I now have a stock pile that would last me a lifetime! And that’s all I have to say about that!

Kimmy89
Kimmy89

I use to love this perfume, but now I just like it.
It's a little too strong for me now.
Definitely unique but when my BF smelled it he was immediately put off. Said it was too strong and bitter.
Men love their women to smell more 'sweet sexy' than 'bitter sexy', probably the reason why Vanilla and Amber perfumes are a more common sexual perfume nowadays.
Like I said though, still liking it.

Midnight Poison is my favorite of the Poison line!... It's mysterious, classy, elegant, with a dry rose smell playing with bergamot, and trailing on a very woody/smoky drydown. Thankfully, this is a scent that manages to be sexy without having to be overly sweet or gourmand like we find a lot these days.

MP has a lot of character, and stands out from the crowd....It's definitely a perfume for the night, or for those times when we want to feel fabulous!...
It lasts forever, and on clothes the perfume just stays there until the next wash. MP is strong without being overpowering, it has an enticing sillage without knocking others out, and it's long lasting without being cloying. It's says sexy, positive, self-confident woman.

Unfortunately, it's now almost impossible to find. The only bottle i could get my hands on lately at a shop in Las Vegas didn't smell the same at all as the original perfume that I love. In fact, I didn't like it at all...was it spoiled?...

Or is this little gem being reformulated now because of all the John Galliano drama??......

jchaddad
jchaddad

I wouldn't call this feminine or sexy as the others in the Poison family, but this was is a fantastic statement fragrance. Really interesting and strong.

vanillafreak
vanillafreak

smells like medicine, masculine, somewhat bitter, dated
dislike
well, at least this one didn't make me wanna puke like HP, dry down is acceptable i guess, but still...wtf? seems like the poison line is indeed just that : poisonous, disturbing different kinds of scents :)) oh i should mention that i do like patchouli in frags, but here it's like freakinn' cough medicine...no no like some kind of toner/concoction a doctor would give you in 1912 to alleviate god knows what nonexistent condition

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

Dry and mysterious scent. Best for really cold weather. This is the perfect time. I like this but don't love it. I wish they had this perfume with a discount. It costs so much for what I like the fragrance.

Still, I'm not a big fan of patchouli but do like rose. I recommend it to patchouli lovers. You might love this if you like deep sensual scents with loads of patchouli.

Tara_Dan
Tara_Dan

@assiduosity, what a fabulous review! Lol. I haven't tested this perfume but I'm interested to try the fragrance that inspired that

id
id

A nice one, but it didn't impress me as much as I've been waiting for. It is quite soft (I wouldn't call it dark in any way) patchouli and vanilla fragrance with a silent accord of rose and freshness of the lime note. Tested in winter. And it reminded me of something but I couldn't get what was it. The lasting power is about 6 hours on my skin.

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

Midnight Poison by Dior is a fragrance of enormous contrasts.

Sadly, in this reformulation at least, these are far from complimentary.

The opening is quite simply catastrophic. A syrupy, synthetic and supremely nauseating fruit cocktail: it is an assault on the senses.

And like lurid pineapple chunks skewered next fluorescent plastic cheese on cocktail sticks this hors d'ouevres can't fail to out stay its welcome.

What happens very gradually after is, however, something quite remarkable: this raucous, rancorous, childish affair yields to an accomplished, mature, enigmatic and enticing composition whose apparent complexity belies a breathtakingly simple palette.

Rose, amber, patchouli, vanilla.

It is, in many ways, a work of dark mysteries. Of day and night, with midnight being by far the best hour.

If only that opening just wasn't.

Ouch!
Ouch!

Gorgeous! My favourite of all the poisons.

This is a mysterious dark patchouli rose combination, slightly spicy and kind of bewitching. I adore this stuff. It's magical and glamorous. The rose isn't ROSE, it's less pronounced and more dark and subtle. It has a slight medicinal tone to it at certain points but that doesn't put me off. Almost slightly menthol smelling.

The dry down sees the vanilla come forward and turns the spiciness down a couple of notches, I actually prefer the wet stages more. It would be cool if the perfume didn't change so much but hey, that's not how it works.

It has incredible lasting power but the sillage is probably not as incredible.

perfumequeen23
perfumequeen23

I had this perfume a while back and loved it, its a musty sexy night fragrance that makes me feel sexy when i wear it, i will defo be purchasing another bottle very soon.

guillermostf
guillermostf

To shahab.zaidi: i was thinking the same: should i use it or not? i bought it as a present to my girlfriend, but i gave her hypnotic poison too, so... should i keep for me midnight poison? she said: i like it too! by the way it's a woman parfum...
i don't know... haha

It just smells so good!
Seductive, intoxicating, mysterious, sexy.
Yet smells a little masculine which make it a unisex fragrance. :)

Owing to Post Christmas Blues (already), I tooled up and went shopping.

I tried all four of the Poison family of perfumes that my department store carries: Poison, Hypnotic Poison, Midnight Poison, and Pure Poison.

First thing I noticed is that Poison is not the sillage monster I thought it was when it first came out. Either it is weaker or my sense of smell is not so accute as it once was. Who knows which is the case.

Second thing I noticed is that although undoubtedly related to each other they are each completely different and I would like all four. Just plain (mentally)greedy. Sigh.

I plumped for Midnight Poison to try on my arm. To me this is a bitter sweet rose perfume. The dry down is just beautiful with its mix of citrus, vanilla, patchoulli and rose.

I didn't label the spray cards so will have to go back as one of the others smells absolutely divine and needs to be tried on. :-)

degauss
degauss

Oh, but this smell is fascinating for me. Not being a fan of sweet, heavy or feminine scents it didn't even occur to sample this one until I smelt it on someone else. As for notes, it's puzzling. I can't isolate rose, nor vanilla, nor patchouli. At all. As I don't particularly like these notes, I technically should detect them more easily or at the very least be put off. No such thing here, oddly.

And the thing about this smell is, it's incredibly seductive. It's true that scents are very personal and reactions vary, but if *I* smelt it on another woman, I would be interested right off the bat. I don't know if this is a universal head-turner that people ask you about, but - while not monstrously full-bodied - it is very sensual and attractive. I don't think it works for every woman character-wise, though. An optimistic, light hearted young woman would clash with Poison in uncomplimentary ways. Not to derail to purple poetry, but this is a smell for a slightly hardened, steady woman. Focus, deliberateness are the traits it suggests, not energy and youthfulness.

Stays around 10hrs, however is quite mild towards the end - my only complaint.

tulpe
tulpe

wanted to buy a bottle of this, but this was sold out, and now i have read that it is discontinued??? omg why?
I asked saleslady and she said that later it will be available again,I hope it.. i think itis likable scent, simply dont undrestand why it is discontinued

ingalee
ingalee

have had a sample of this fragrance lying a while now.pick it up there today and wow what a scent, warm spicy scent, you might feel a rose scent, but not sure.iam mighty bad to feel the perfume smells, what it contains type. ...

But this I like, really an evening scent, feel sexy in any way! So when my little test is over you MUST buy a large bottle of it.Sure is extremely expensive, but it's a smell you have to have!

seems to last for a few hours and it's not completely wrong!: Why have I hesitated dior??? perhaps because they are quite expensive, I've never had this brand! Soon I have a bottle ! =)

Yamba1
Yamba1

It appears I am one of the minority who unfortunately get the Vicks Vaporub note front, left and centre. Generally, I love patchouli and patchouli generally loves me, so I don't know why in this composition, the heavy camphor note dominates.
I would recommend against a blind buy, as I would have put money on the fact this would have worked for me.

leea2031
leea2031

Good lord this is beautiful. Dare to dream!! Oddly comforting and intimate. Definitely titillating. I could get lost in this heavenly cloud! Love...

emi

@XSX thanks for your response, I really hope it is a rumour, but on the other hand I've heard Elle YSL also has been discontinued and these two fragrances are very similar. Maybe that kind of smells doesn't sell very well...

XSX

@emi I wrote it in my comment below. Distributes for my country said that it will be discontinued (it is not yet so it should be on the site) by the end of 2013. I really do hope that it is just a false rumour.

emi

Where did you get the information that it is discontinued? It's still on Dior's website. Midnight Poison Elixir is discontinued, but I don't think this one is...

mylancome

Haven't heard of Dior going to completely discontinue this one. Only know some countries will stop bring in this like Japan did, too strong for their customers' taste, not selling well.

Midnight Poison may end up like some classic Guerlain perfumes, you only get it in major huge departmental stores, not your average mall nearby your home.

XSX

If you're in love with this perfume like I am, it seems like there are some bad news for us...

This summer I noticed that there is no Midnight Poison at the airports. Asking around the shops in my city, I found out that it is going to be discontinued by the end of 2013 :( Mayor disappointment!

I have to stock up for lifetime now! Shame on Dior for destroying and withdrawing masterpieces!

If somebody has some good news and this is just a bad rumour, please share

zelmu
zelmu

On my skin it turns very VERY spicy and masculine. Definitely not for a woman. It smells unique but there is something that just... makes my head ache.

alepoz84
alepoz84

secondo me un profumo che con il tempo stanca...voto 6/10....

smellME
smellME

This is indeed very similar too Elle Intense, that I own and love. Strange because the fact is, that they only are twins by two notes - Patchoulie and amber.
This Midnight poison is to my nose stronger , a little sharper and has a more toffee or liquorice kind of smell, like if it was warm/wet and Elle Intense is dryer , if you get what I mean....
I wear Elle Intense all the time, day and night but I now feel that Midnight poison is more of a night fume.
I like this too but still prefer Elle Intense of the two,
If Ihad too choose.just one ...
- great swapping with sundaymorning and thanks for this really nice and large decant with the neat purse spray vial, it was travelling in : )

jasonx
jasonx

Nor rose, just heavy patchouli & vanilla. Isn't male friendly IMO. Give my bottle to my mom and it smells great on her

amelie

Don't know if I already wrote it somewhere, MP is not so typical Dior, in fact too warmness in it, woodsy-oriental, there's no bitterness in it so characteristic of Dior and of course wearable for both, men and women.

pattyk
pattyk

After reading the reviews on this perfume I purchased it and it was a very good buy. It is definitely for evening wear, at least in my opion. It's great and has a very rich smell and it certainly does last for many hours. Dior's perfumes never disappoint me!

s_athena
s_athena

Amazing - this has almost the exact same notes as Miss Dior Le Parfum (rose, amber, patchouli, vanilla and orange), but smells completely different. The first hit I get from this is green patchouli, but it only lasts ten seconds before it tames down into a more refined patchouli, similar to the "plastic patchouli" of Chanel Chance in fact. At that point it's just a background for the rose and bergamot, with a telltale hint of orange peel lying in there somewhere. Some powdery vanilla lingers beneath. I hardly get any amber.

I can't decide if I like this or not. Lately I find that there are two classes of dislike I've developed: those whose scent I dislike, and those whose scent I like or feel ambivalent about, but whose advertising sells a completely different, out-of-this-world image that doesn't match. Midnight Poison is an example of the latter. With a name like Midnight Poison, you'd expect more depth and sex appeal. On my skin this is basically a fresher, watered-down version of Chanel Chance, and one with FAR less tenacity (this EDP lasts me barely two hours, while Chance's EDT lasts for at least six hours). Seduction perfume? Next to Dior releases like Addict and Poison, not so much! It does smell like it could be really versatile, like day-to-night for most seasons, maybe even summer nights. It does smell good, but for Dior prices I need outstanding, not just "good" or "just to feel perfumed"! I'll use up my mini, but I won't buy the full bottle. If I get a full bottle as a gift I'll gladly use it, but I refuse to spend my money and encourage such fu**ery with okay perfumes advertised like they're gifts from the heavens.

phyrexianc
phyrexianc

Contrary to many others I hardly get any patchouli in this one. To me that´s a good thing as I´m not particularly fond of patchouli. However, this scent doesn´t do much else for me either. Somewhere in the distance I get some licorice and cherry notes, but nothing like the aggresive sweetness of guerlains petite robe noire, it´s more in the background.

Overall this scent is not what I expected after reading both the notes and the reviews. It´s weak in sillage, longevity and scent, as if it´s been watered down. I´ll finish my sample but there´s no way I´m going to buy a bottle of this.

Chloes
Chloes

I have lots of perfumes (I think over 100, 150 maybe) but this one is my all time favorite!

neciaczerniecki
neciaczerniecki

i have a giant bottle of this. hoping it could be a poison collection. but it is just wayyyy too much patchouli. for swap. north america only.

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

The 2007 Midnight Poison is truly a Patchouli bomb! To me, it is medicinal, minty floral, and I don't really know how to describe this. This fragrance lives to the definition of 'less is more'. The accord is minimal, yet it creates a wonderful rose-patchouli scent, and the amber gives the fragrance a rich and lovely camphorous smell. Some of my friends describe the smell like a rose ointment, some say it's fresh and ambery. Well, whatever the description is, I love Midnight Poison so much! Would hunt for another bottle of the 2007 ediion.

The fragrance receives only 1 star from Luca Turin, I don't bother, I'd add another 4 stars!
The current formulation is a bit watered down, the longevity is still great but the silage is not so.

mylancome

Only in Japan. It still selling in other countries, and Dior just redesign the bottle.

vicka16
vicka16

Midnight Poison was a blind buy. Not a very successful one I must say. I have the original Poison, Tender Poison and Pure Poison. And I love all three of them. I also sampled Hypnotic Poison and I like it, so considering the notes listed for Midnight Poison I was pretty sure it will be a safe blind buy. Oh how I was wrong! On me (my skin and my clothes) it smelled really masculine! A good, strong scent, but masculine. I wouldn't even call it unisex. I'm very disappointed... :(

Rich, deep: YES
Feminine, mysterious, sexy: NO

Opium

One of the best perfumes ever made! It is so gorgeous... when you open the bottle you are in paradise. I LOVE it with all my heart! :)

It would be great if Midnight poison have more sillage!
Like Poison or Hypnotic poison... that would be HEAVEN!

I have it for 3 years and use only him, it is so perfect. This is my signature scent and I will always love it.

Yummy! :)))

❤❤❤ ♡♡♡

MIDNIGHT POISON Dior for women=Hugo DARK BLUE Hugo Boss for men

Evita102
Evita102

dislike, literally got a headache when mom had it on for 30 minutes

daredevil
daredevil

i can say this is really strong and wild definetely not girlir. it has something attractive like a mysterious dark queen but also masculine notes thats why i dont prefer it

not insolence

Тествала съм го на китка.Страшно ми хареса-учудващо за мен.В него има дървесно-пачулени нотки,които обичам,но освен тях усещам нещо плодово.Мисля,че е по-скоро загатващ за личността на жената,която го носи.Не е натрапчив или тежък,но не е и лек.Различен е от Хипнотичната и Чистата отрови,на съвсем друга струна ме докосва.Предните 2 харесвам,но Среднощната отрова ме плени.Този парфюм асоциира в мен виолетово-пурпурното като цвят.Но не като виолетка,а по-скоро като виолетово лале-хем си стои и всички го виждат,хем сякаш прошепва някаква тайна в ухото на мъжа,когото обича...И многозначително му намига зад рамо...

cecfor
cecfor

This one is for patchoulilovers for sure. I like patchuoli a lot but this was too much even for me. For a little while in the middlephase this was heaven, rose, vanilla and pathchouli together in a velvety mix. Not very strong at all to my nose. But then the patchouli took over it all and it went masculine. Not for me.

Xyria
Xyria

Its so dark, mysterious and sexy. Its so special i dont want to waste it on any normal ocassion. It makes me want to dress my best to match and wear it on important nights. A must for inroom context, my boyfriend loves it and the smell on my clothes when it has dryed down is so alluring.

vdxl
vdxl

A unisex perfume that can be described by three notes: rose and patchouli mixing together, creating in the end a raspberry effect. It does not smell as expensive as the previous poisons, but it may be enjoyable by teen girls or 24-30 year-old men. For the name POISON, I would dare to say this is a shame, but the fragrance is good, tenacity and sillage are there. However, next to POISON, this one does nothing for me...

Norgirl
Norgirl

This one smells off Roses . patcholie and berrys on my skin, sweet sweet berrys . i guess it is the woodsy feal and the patc that make me think off berrys . To me this is to sweet .. ha ha .. and i am normaly very much into sweets , but this has a almost peachy berry team. dont ask my why.. but it smells like that to me . earthy underneath shure.. and it most sertenly has a dark team.. like a blue silk lingere dressed women strong bold and beautiful..
it isent to me like anything i have tested before.
not shure if id be able to take this seriosly on my own skin :) . but shure on others i know its good. I have smelled this on others aswell . and then it fealt more spicy.. so i guess the sweetness comes out to much on my skin.. Skin cemestry again .. like it on others , but not for me

fgamz

I wear it all year around.. I get plenty of compliments no doubt, men love it on me, women feel the intimidation . definitely. my kind of perfume.. Strong, seductive, classy, powerful, confident and mysterious!!

That's me in a perfume.. my perfect match!!

jellybeantree

The beginning is strong but on me it is smooth smelling , after about 15 minutes, excellent lasting power. I didn't like this a while back, tried it again and fell in love with it, I personally love all the poisons ! This one is a little darker and richer than hypnotic or the original , perfect winter fragrance!

Minkyapples
Minkyapples

OMG I cannot tell you how amazing this smells. Don't be fooled by the strong patchouli opening (I think this puts people off) it drys down into creamy roses and woods with a hint of vanilla. It's dark and sexy and perfect for autumn and winter wear. My new favourite.
Highly recommended but please wait for the dry down (a good hour) before you judge.

windhill
windhill

Dark and sensual rose. I found it's very masculine to my nose. A cold scent but very strong and rich. expensive in term of both price and smell. I can say vanilla and rose in MP are indeed high quality ingredients. I often wear MP with my head-to-toe black outfit. It make me feels more sexy and mysterious.

Migalex
Migalex

Together with Poison (which I do respect), this is my favorite one of the Poison series. I do not actually like pure poison or Hypnotic poison, beacuse I am not fond of orange blosson scent (pure poison) nor am I of the mixture between almond and vanilla the way it was done in hypnotic poison. The composition presented above puzzles me. There must be something missing, which imparts to the scent a very nice understated basil type freshness. I find the scent quite pleasant, although not entirely. It has got an edge I am not totally fond of. The stayng power does not seem to be that good and the scent is quite weak (for my taste), much weaker than the other scents of the series.

kolibertas
kolibertas

Feverishly good.
Almost harsh, yet also velvety: dark and powerful.
For the reckless and the brave.

SophieJ
SophieJ

Comes on strong; almost masculine with the patchouli. It mellows out pretty quickly though, and the bergamont, woody notes and amber start to shine. In the end, it leaves a hint of wood and rose on the skin. Very long lasting. Only use one or two sprays.

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

A very fresh scent. Fresher than the other Poisons, but deep inside you can tell it's a Poison, which is good. Strong and musky deep down and on top the freshness. I swear I can smell coconut or something similar to coconut, which I enjoy. But I wouldn't call it an evening wear, so I think the name is off. It's fresh enough for daytime wear, office wear. It's a safe scent. But I like it alot. Midnight Poison during daytime and Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle in the evening. That way, you can feel sexy 24 hours/day.

vivik

I gave it another try, it actually came out pretty great in yesterday´s daytime heat..... seriously contemplating purchase.

TheCountess
TheCountess

I have no words for how amazing and beautiful this fragrance is. It's like a mix of dark roses, a little bit of honey and woods. It's so damn dark and sexy.

windswept
windswept

I think the name is to be taken literally - wear this at midnight.
Midnight Poison is dark but well mannered. Strong but not cloying. It softens slowly but surely after the initial spray. I would say it loves fresh air. It takes me to the edge of a forest on a chilly night.

cathxinjin
cathxinjin

It is sex in a bottle.what a magic potion. I think of Magen Fox when i smell this. This is a scent of a witch who makes every single men willing to be eaten by her. This is so dangerous.A seductive weapon. I wouldn't dare to wear it unless there is a guy in mind who i want to seduce.

A review said the notes in MP have strong emotional impacts on both men and women. I can imagine why some call it best fragrance in bedroom.

I don't see myself wearing this everyday. When i do wear it, i'd better look my best.

fath1ma
fath1ma

It's very deep, dark, mysterious and elegant. More wearable than original Poison. If you want deep sexy rose, yes definitely I recommend Midnight Poison. I Smell (from the most dominating)rose, patchouli, bergamot, amber. Not patchouli no 1. But I sniffed on the bottle, not tested it on my skin.
Lasting power ? Don't hesitate.
Silage ? Average. You want more BOMB, spray MORE !! :)

vivik

intriguing on paper - a little cold and sweet, on me, sadly,not so much.. could be a very sexy one for men.

mylancome

It can a unisex perfume if men are willing to use it. Heavy in Patchouli, little smoky like my grandpa's smoke pipe.

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

i am a guy.wanna give it a try. can a man use it? need opinions.Thanks

ruthestherpark
ruthestherpark

oh dear,, tried Midnight poison today. . settled down and smelt a bit like sunlight washing liquid!!

loonad
loonad

just epic.love this one.it is a very sexy,very intense perfume.i so wish my hubby would give me this for my birthday in october.v unforgettable.

Vamy69
Vamy69

Love at first smell! So sensual and rich. I do not get any of the "vicks vapor rub" or "ben gay" notes that other reviewers have talked about. On me it is dark patchouli with some rose and a slight bit of citrus. Nothing short of divine and sexy!!!

desertrat
desertrat

Wonderful.... To my nose this is very much like Natori by Natori, which I also like, even though they have few listed notes in common... From reading the reviews neither one has much staying power...

banksgirl6
banksgirl6

This perfume makes me feel naughty!! It's like no other fragrance I've ever smelled before, very strong, dark, nothing airy and light about it. Think black licorice...if you're getting sexy and looking for a scent that will immediately put you in the right mindset, try this!

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

Midnight Poison is a beautiful fragrance. It projects and has just a tiny bit of a masculine smell, but in such a great way. I wear this in the evenings, or when I am not at work, so as not to offend the overly olfactory sensitive whiners. This is a fragrance to wear if you want to make a statement and stand out of the crowd. Although it does have a tiny bit of a sweet note to it, it is a departure from the trend of fragrances that rely on caramel-candy notes that make up the body of recent fragrances. This is a fragrance for a woman. This is a fragrance to wear when you want to be sensuous or when you want to say 'Hey!, here I am!'.

Alf
Alf

Pure Camphor Poison.

RADIANCE78
RADIANCE78

The dry down is very feminine on me. Unisex? If my husband wore this I would tell him he smelled like a GIRL! LOL

shamsiruhe
shamsiruhe

although they allegedly share no notes in common, this smells VERY much like avon's imari mystique. the avon is much cheaper and lasts much longer.

i'm very disappointed that i spent so much on this, and i got a DEAL. i've bathed in it and it's the strength of a very weak body spray.

HelenFlowerz
HelenFlowerz

The best perfume I have ever tried! Usually I wear it at night for special events. Mysterious,ideal for strong, beautiful brunette, who knows what she wants. I don't agree that this is unisex perfume! I can't imagine the man wearing it,phew!

neptune1121
neptune1121

Without a doubt, this is a unisex fragrance. Sweet, in an elegant way. I like it. However, my nose recognized the similar vibe to my Penhaligon's Endymion.. Perhaps both of them contains citrus + amber notes.

kkoun
kkoun

I do get sexy and seductive smell or a sense from it. But it is lacking a body. Or may I say a soul. I spray about 6x and still it vanishes within 2 hours. And even in that amount of time its not deep at all. It smells WEAK. As if it is an EAU de midnight. I def. have to try the elixir and pure PARFUM versions to seek depth, darkness and pure seduction in the midnight. Its a gorgeous smell but I want it to speak on top of its lungs or better yet stay loud in a hidden place.(Bjork);)
Verdict: 6/10

Pari88
Pari88

There are no sweet notes here, no earthy tones, no amber or resin, and this is the reason why I can say this is one of the most unique and Ethereal perfumes, and one of my favorites. I have recently fallen in love with perfumes of this type and have gone on a re-reviewing spree of all of them. Dior Midnight Poison is the "other" Thierry Mugler's Angel. Not because you either love it or hate it, but because they really give the same vibe; the aura of an ethereal creature that is not from earth but from some far and distant place somewhere in space. TM's Angel allows me to experience outerspace with all of its blue hues, brightness and cold air. Dior's Midnight Poison allows me to actually enter another Galaxy that might have been visited by TM's Angel. This Galaxy is probably ruled by Alexander McQueen My Queen, whose daughter is YSL Elle. The plantes in this galaxy are nothing like Earth, and each probably posses many moons of different hues; casting an array of different colors every day. Midnight Posion shares the same plastic patchouli notes and coldness as the mentioned. It is my definition of ETHEREAL. It leaves me with a powder aura of blue's and purples, silvers and even golds, all sparkling and bright...not of Earth. And this is why I will always love this.
The comparisons to vapo rub is absolutely correct, as I too detect that in this and the forementioned perfumes, it probably adds to the "coldness" of them; the airy Ethereal qualities they all possess.

HazelMae
HazelMae

When "wear your favorite fragrance panned by The Guide" day comes around, this is my choice. It's not actually all that dark and heavy, I think that people are percieving this because there are way too many crappy nothing-waters on the market today.

I adore the camphorous topnote here. I also love the mandarin-patchouli combination with subtle rose. With these notes, one might be tempted to wear it in warm weather, but then you'll start to see the problem - it doesn't work. I don't mean it doesn't work as fashion; it doesn't function as a fragrance but disappears immediately. The final drydown is vanilla-amber, pleasant but unremarkable and more evocative of "Sunday brunch" than "midnight poison."

In the cooler, dryer air however, it does "work" and is a great choice when I'm in the mood for a romantic patchouli but don't want to beat people over the head with it. In this context, it garners many compliments and the sillage is just right.

I wear and enjoy it. I don't think it deserves to be the symbol of everything wrong with the house of Dior and where minimalism fails and collides into dumbed-down, but I did start to see what the problem is here. Sensuous Noir renders this fragrance completely unnecessary and if I weren't a collector wanting a beautiful bottle and a set of Poisons, I wouldn't bother with it.

I
Love
This
Fragrance.

This makes me want to close my eyes and picture a world beyond anyone's imagination. For some reason it takes me to the steps of the First-class grand stair case of the Titanic. Truly magnificent, from every angle down to every last detail, from top to bottom... Just like the fragrance. ;)

I am a young male who wears this and I get a tonne of compliments! I have been stopped numerous times to be asked what I'm wearing because the various people were wanting to buy it for their own husband/boyfriends. Masculine enough fragrance in my opinion. I feel very confident wearing it. Surrounded by a cloud of opulence, exorbitance, wealth, ego, romance, mystery and charm.
I guess my Titanic link does work after all, given that Rose is at Midnight Poisons heart. Just like the love story :)

Tailor-Made
Tailor-Made

A femme fatal's perfume. For the woman that thinks men are toys and she only loves herself. Will not be appreciated from everyone but from men that have been around...
Don't wear this on a girls' night out and definitely not on your first date.
So seductive. So promising. So fatal!

tonni
tonni

God,it's really woody because I get lots of dry wood and black patchouli,it's the fabulous queen of the erotic and exotic nights.

LillyBunnyBoo
LillyBunnyBoo

I think I'm in love. Sensual. Creamy. Erotic. Mysterious. Feminine. Gothic. Sex. :) Dior, if you screw with this the way you did Dolce Vita, I'll personally jet to Paris and b**ch slap some sense into you. Leave. Fabulous. ALONE. :D

guest_Vie Cafe

If you want to purchase this but do not have the budget, try to find a bottle of Nanette by Nanette Lepore in a discount store. I just bought it and I can stop marveling at how similar those 2 fragrances are...

mystica
mystica

Midnight Poison is rather an energizing fragrance. It is for sure the most "modern", the freshest one with a sharp edge amongst the Poison series, and my least favourite is this one. I don't like to smell Earthy-fresh masculine. I'm not a big bold fan of patchouli, and unless you are I don't recommend it either.

Sissi
Sissi

Dior's Midnight Poison is the Serpent Imprisoned in a
Blighted Kingdom of Perpetual Darkness. The Note of
Dark rose Conjour an image of Black Roses decaying on
Jagged and rusted from age Vines upon a Sunless shady Garden wall where no sun ever Penetrates,
As we enter the middle of Midnight Cold Saturnine Patchouli comes steeping to our senses Conjours Cold marbled Angels
weeping upon tombstones crying tears of blood at a Cematary Vanilla Supports the bottom of midnight
Makes the Drydown sweet,I dectect an Obscure spaseness
of Incense brings a sense of Esoteric Veritas.

Midnight Poison Is the Sonambulist Who is Comdemed to Sleep for Eternity in her dark Crypt.

doku
doku

LOVE IT. my singature fragrance. at first I didn't like it when I tried it on like 2 years ago, but then, I decided to try it one more time and after a very strong beginning, it started to smell really nicely and differently than the first 10-15minutes. right now, I love both the beginning , the middle and the end, but to tell you the truth, it is hard to tell when it ends ;] I go to sleep and I still smell it! great perfume, lasts very, very long, not for teenagers, rather for slightly older women (i'm 24 and it suits me really well!)

missymary
missymary

In Midnight Poison the patchouli is intense and dominates the whole thing with a clayey rootsy woodiness, like freshly dug cool soil. If that sounds unpleasant no. it's not, fresh soil smells amazing, just try it and you'll see.

I can't get any of the ethereal vibes that others detect. As a matter of fact, I'd say that Midnight Poison has a very earthy satyric presence, masculine and darkly appealing, like Orson Welles standing in the shadows. The midnight hour is there and full of sinister whispers.

I think I'd rather that my man wore it than for me to wear it! Then it would excite me.

SundayMorning
SundayMorning

when you smell like this, its not wierd (at all) if you feel a urgent need to cuddle with yourself :)

it smells erotic, what can i say.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

My sister had 3 bottles of it and currently have one!
While most of women's fragrances go to the floral,cheaply vanillic fruity corner , this open with a fresh greenness like basil type of feeling with a little fresh orangy vibe and the ambery patchoulli background.
Moving into middle and base , the dark sensual earthy patchoulli and the sweet powdery rich amber notes will take all over the place giving a unique quality extremely appealing winter fragrance.
This is a piece of art , a masterpiece.
Very good longevity and projection and best for cold weather.

guest_Vie Cafe

Just bought this an hour ago. I was on my way to L'Occitane en Provence to inquire about Eau d'Iparie, which I was pretty sure had been discontinued years ago. I stopped at THe Bay on my way there to try Midnight poison just because I thought the commercial with Eva Green was genius and I had always liked the boldness of the original Poison.

I am so in love with this Perfume... It's going to be my new signature fragrance for the end of winter and summer evenings. Rose, Patchouli, Amber... what more to ask for?

papergurl
papergurl

This is aromatherapy in a bottle. This is my private poison. I can wear hypnotic and pure poison out in the world, but this dark woods, with amber and orange, vanilla - rose is my sanctuary. It just chills me right out after "one of those days". You will have some wonderful dreams and sleep deeply, just a spray, try it, simply wonderful. Longevity, I can still smell this in the morning with one or two sprays, I want a back up bottle. When I do wear it out, I always get a compliment. I know I have to use a light hand.

Lushylori
Lushylori

I finally got to test this one a few nights ago and I love it :)
I think I like it a lot more than the origanal Poison because it doesnt have that strong Jasmine scent like the Origanal one.
I totally love the Cobalt Blue bottle as well.
The Poison scents are all really mysterious in their own way...
I hope to own this one soon but its rather pricey though :)

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

I have it, I loved it, still do but I will never buy it again. I never reach for it, I force myself into wearing this because I want to use all my fragrances.

Lasting power: ultra bad. Doesn't last, I spray 6 times and after 3 hours: gone. Nothing, I mean nothing left. An eau de parfum?? Come on! Hypnotic poison and original poison are eau de toilette and last hours and hours. But this one... doesn't last.

Very expensive, I like it, but when it runs out, i'll be happy.There is nothing dark or 'midnight' about this fragrance. I would wear this in spring, because it's a 'cold fragrance' in my opinion, if that makes sense, it feels refreshing.

jellybeantree

This perfume is very strong, and patchouli is king here! I find it extremely overwhelming. If you don't like patchouli, forget about it!

I recently tried this one again and got hooked! So deep enveloping patchouli with rose shyly coming out and good amber confort... great for winter or maybe autumn too, but a little gloomy for that season.
I wish the rose would come out more vibrant and evident. In that case it would be similar to Lady Vengeance. The rose-patchouli combo concept is basically the same.
I suggest to people who think that this is a faint and poor lasting fragrance to make a cross-check. You may not smell it anymore after a while, but others do!

acv43
acv43

This is just gorgeous to me!
as others have noted, although this frag is composed simpler notes compared to the other poisons, this lacks no complexity for me.
For me the patchouli/rose/amber scent it evident through the entire wearing time, however the dark mysterious quality is not lost!!
This is 100% sultry and perfect for a night out on the town
since i have grown familier enough with all the poisons (save one :( ) I think i will post on them all

1.) Original Poison: A scent for a confident woman who is unafraid to be heard and stand out in a crowed! A sultry fragrance who changes along with the wearer- at first a sweet juicy berry, becoming more spicy and eventually transitioning into the spicy aroma of forest berries, spice, and violets- bold and beautiful, but also tad overwhelming to those around you in some conditions, so wear with caution.
2.) Tendre Poison..Sadly I never had the opportunity to experience :(
3.) Hypnotic Poison: sexy and warm , this frag is reminiscent of an opulent Las Vegas casino,with a hint of skin-warmed cocoa butter. This one screms decadence, but also with youth and excitement. Vanilla /almond/ anise take center stage.
4.) Pure Poison: If sexy and innocent can find mid-ground this is surely it. A white scent, starting at the opening of pure bergamot and slowly softening into a white floral including sensuous jasmine and gardenia, lastly finishing with a soft white musk- this scent is wholly femme without being any candy sweet, a modern floral.
5.) lastly Midnight poison...a mysterious "fairy-tale-esque" scent. Although the 3 main accords are strong players in this one they by no means account for all of midnights vibes, the patchouli, rather than playing a masculine role takes on the persona of a dark enchanted forest...one that the "princess" portrayed by the heart of rose might get lost in...only to be saved by her prince charming a-a sunny warm amber to save her from the dark ...

If you haven't tried the poisons yet, give them a ago, so far I have found a poison to complement nearly all of my moods :)

Iluvsmellies
Iluvsmellies

Midnight Poison - I tried it in Boots (UK Pharmacy) and instantly thought of....VICKS VAPO RUB!?
There, I've got it off my chest now (groan).

Anyway I hadn't smelt it for a while and acquired a 5ml mini, I am wearing it now and it still smells like Vick.

I know it is the camphoraceous smell from the emasculated patchouli that is everywhere in perfumery at the moment (Cacharel Liberte has the same note), by that I mean I love real patchouli, that wonderful, earthy, leafy, hippy stuff (smell Voleur De Roses for the real thing in high end perfume). The modern take on patchouli just isn't complete without the dirt.

MP even gives my nose the cool menthol feel of Vick. This takes me back to my childhood, having a cold and being put to bed with Vick smeared on chest and a hot water bottle to spread the vapours, making my eyes water.

I see humour in this perfume being called Midnight Poison, even the bottle is the same colour as that little jar of ointment. I don't know if a joke was ever intended but there it is!

Having said all that I don't mean any of it in a negative way - I do like it, but it obviously has specific associations for me that distort my sense of it. Maybe Vick should market their smell, there is clearly a audience for it! :D

Cindykaul
Cindykaul

After read so interesting article, the background of this perfume, I have desire to try it on, but it’s so difficult to get it, I have been looking for several duty free shops wherever I was traveling, finally someone got for me …
Overall, I love it ! It is unique fragrance, I never got anything similar than this.
The opening is a bit spicy, powdery however it turn to very soften after 15minus only the problem is not stay as longer as any other Dior poison on my skin, I guess when the perfume gone, Cinderella have to running home ( to put more perfume)
^-^ ..
In my opinion, Autumn will be the best season to use this perfume, romantic and make you falling into the love fairly tale …if you are big fan of perfume, wroth to try it you will see ...

tonkabeanster
tonkabeanster

Orange freezer pop for the first ten minutes, lightweight, pleasantly sweet vanilla and patchouli for the subsequent three hours.

No weird-but-interesting medicinal bite, dark masculine edge, or dirty head shop vibe to be found here—this is pink and girly all the way through. Pretty and somewhat vapid.

Jasminehead
Jasminehead

Also.. I own and adore Estee Lauder's Sensuous Noir.. and find them to be NOTHING alike.. what so ever!

Totally different... Sensuous Noisr is of the highest quality.. it's soft mysterious.. powdery..the patchouli is light and gorgeous while the perfume itself is dense and longlasting. Far more comparible to Sisheidos 'Femenite Du Bois' than midnight poison o.0

Midnight poison.. is a bit sour and overly sweet at the same time.. the Patchouli is almost naturally rancid smelling (new bottle not rancid)

no comparison

I also agree the staying power is week.. Midnight poison is for some want to be highschool goth girl that's secretly begging for attention

Too bad because the bottle is cute. Not as nice as I thought it would be in person, but cute
stil though, not for me..a big PASS

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Love Sensuous Noir (Estee Lauedr) and althought I've never cared much for Midnight Poison I have to admit the two are quite smilar. There is more patchuli in MP and it's heavier, wherea SN is more balmy and spicy with a bit more sweetness as well. So if you like the ide about MP but it doesn't quite hit the spot for you, try SN - it may be more to your liking.

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

i was expecting something dense and heavy, but its not. and the staying power is weak. i'm a little dissapointed. i was hoping for a deep sexy nocturnal fume and this is a very pleasant one but not the opulent stuff i was looking for.

Shadow_Witch
Shadow_Witch

I don't find it dark at all. I find it quite thin and flat. It could be that it is a case of perception. To one who wears fruity florals and candy scents, this may be dark in comparison. I wear deep, musky, patchouli scents and this one appears anemic.

Tovah
Tovah

Midnight Poison is a rebel in the realm of recent releases. It's a camphorous, dark rose flaunting in-your-face patchouli that draws you in to hot, sweet amber with a hint of dry vanilla. In a room of mousy browns and dishwater blondes, Midnight Poison is a brazen redhead.

The "smells like soap" generalizations are starting to become a pet peeve; almost as much as "old lady" (although they aren't as mean). I stay in "expensive" hotels all the time, I use soap all the time, I have "guest" soaps, baby soaps, perfumed soaps, etc. etc. "Soap" doesn't have any one smell any more than does perfume, or shampoo, or detergent, or cleaning products, or makeup, or fruit, or leaves, or even tap water, or anything.

nastekv
nastekv

I bought Dior Midnight Poison yesterday, and so far am very very pleased with it, and quite pleasantly surprised.
I am very certain that the commercial with Eva Green greatly influenced my choice, however, this brilliant and beautiful commercial completely captures the mood of it.
I do not actually like the top notes that it starts with. It smells too bitter and spicy to me, in the bad sence of that word. However, in 5 minutes it quiets down to a calmer, warmer smell that is very vibrant and unique. In the hours that follows, it becomes subtle, warm and very enticing. I will say that this feels like the most expensive perfume i've ever had in terms of quality and how the frangrance progressively plays with my skin. The notes are continually changing and developping, all the time staying very original.

I should probably point out that I use a rather small amount of perfume,applied directly to my skin. If i were to spray it on my clothes.. or spray and then jump into the mist of perfume to have it all over me, i think i would had developed a head ache from it. But in subtle amounts, it is absolutely superb!

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

Patchouli bomb !!!!! in a good way . Masculine and feminine same time ; Best Poison ever !!!! Love Hypnotic,but this one Love More :)

Decodawn
Decodawn

I love everything about this fragrance lots of patchouli and musk, rose and fruit, it develops on the skin and is ideal for autumn/winter months very warm and comforting like a blanket, and sexy.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

I would call this One for Midnight Rose. Utterly feminine night time creature as her spirit and soul. This scent is mysterious and deep indeed. Longevity should be a bit better, BUT with bodylotion You give longer life for this Beauty. I hope they will never discontinue this One.

armanimania
armanimania

I am currently wearing this perfume, but I will not buy it again, because it does not last AT ALL. For such an expensive perfume, it is not normal not to smell anything. It is nice, but after a few moments it's as if I'm not wearing any perfume at all.

fanhermes

This is my 3rd review...so far. I guess I must add something else, since I have been wearing this fragrance for more than 2 weeks. People say that it smells amazing, but I don't seem to notice it after...2 hours. Can that be possible? Has any of this ever happened to you? Weird fragrance with a long lasting smell that everyone but me smells...?!

Anup
Anup

Poison pour lui?

I believe that this certain creation could have been released alongside the original Poison from 1985 in an alternate timeline. To me the scent comes of as a "structurally sweetened" Antaeus by Channel.

Comparisons aside, strictly speaking of Poisons, this fragrance stands out to me. It is without a doubt the simplest Poison, yet carries the most complexity in according the notes than any of the others in my opinion. For example, oranges and bergamot in the top, so what? Those are very commonly used notes in many fragrances. The middle only consisting of roses, pale, soft and slightly sweet. And concluding of a oh so common base of vanilla amber musk and patchouli. Surprisingly, as with a few other scents of post millennia miracles, Midnight Poison pulls all of the notes together in to one solitary aroma.

The start is very aromatic, sweet and slightly moist; dewy or even humidified. Heading further into the scent that humidity stands firm and is greeted coldly with drab, dead and dry floral musk which, despite how awful that sounds, fills me with olfactive joy indicative of fall. Viewing the final grasps at life, it's last takes of air, Midnight Poison shrieks, yet nothing comes from the creatures mouth, dusty woods with a dissipating powdery/sweetness are all thats left upon conclusion.

A misunderstood man often taken as a malnourished woman.
Midnight Poison.

darrshanjvoraa

a dark rich mysterious beautiful bottled midnight pioson is all about, very nicelly done 100 times better than its classic poison, cant stand the classic poison.this is awesome and a little not to sweet deep rich fragrance. great

halwaya
halwaya

Seductive fragrance. Strong, confident, elegant and sexy. This is the one for the special occasions only. The clue is in its name Midnight Poison. Typical night fragrance. Lasts very long and makes you feel really special. Goes well with elegant outfit and smoky-eye make up. Either way you will feel underdressed (that's how I would feel anyway).
Love everything about it.. the bottle (shape and colour), the name and the smell.

CHOCAHOLIC
CHOCAHOLIC

Dark, sexy, unique, enticing and tempting. The perfect choice for cold nights and passionate moments.Feminine, warm and lasting..simply irresistible!

mimi88
mimi88

love and hate at the same time. love its mystery but hate its heaviness, love the base note but hate the first ones - it's like camphor..

Asmaa youssef

I love oriental perfumes, every time i tried it i feel satisfied , but i adore oriental floral more than oriental woody ,about Dior midnight i love this dark spicy roses,anyways i love this sexy scent

carinas
carinas

I have love-hate relationship with Midnight Poison. At first I didn't like it at all, times it was too medicinal, then too masculine, then too much incence. Slowly I have started appreciating MP. It's unique, it manages to be sexy, without being slutty. It makes a woman who wears it mysterious, interesting, unreachable, yet wanted. Commercial with Eva Green is spot on.
There are nights, when I wear it just for myself it relaxes me, makes me feel warm, beautiful and nostalgic at the same time, there are nights when I wear it for my man and there are nights when I can hardly stand it.
Definitely one of the best of Dior. Definitely beautiful and unique. The bottle is absolutely beautiful and resembles very well the perfume inside. It's a gem!

fanhermes

I guess it depends on what you like. I see this as a feminine, not masculine fragrance, which is neither too bold, nor too weak and which might be pleasant for wearers of Nina, Ricci Ricci or the like. It's rich in its taste, but unfortunately this richness dissipates very quickly, and after less than 3 hrs you are left with a strange, cammomile-like smell that no one seems to notice...However the first blast is great, that strange patchouly+rose blast is really nice. I will not pay that amount of money on smth as futile as this again.
Sillage: 2.5
Strengh: moderate
Cost: waaay to much for its real value!
So no, nein,non, niet!

Tulipano
Tulipano

It's love. It's erotic! I cannot wait till I get the bottle between my hands and spray it on my neck,, then I cling to my man. Magical!
It's perfect for autumn & winter! It lasts and lasts like forever...
Update:
I finally got it! At last! Yay! The sillage is wonderful and it lasts on my cloths for more than a week. It is a bless on my skin. I am totally in love with it.

OVincze
OVincze

I think the name poison fits Midnight Poison much better than the original poison. MP definitely smells a bit like poison at all, like many has stated here it sort of smells like medicine a bit at first but in a good way. You may wonder how that is possible but many of us think so, perhaps it is not so much like medicine but what we imagine poison would smell like. It is a very different scent and not for everyone but in my opinion one of the best of the dark, intriguing fragrances. It is somewhat melancholic but not depressed, mysterious and very very sexy, definitely a femme fatale scent IMHO. Men somehow seem smitten with slightly masculin fragrances and this is definitely that due to its dryness but I have heard so many men comment that they dislike overly flowery fragrances. I do not like patchouli that much but love it in this combination. I cannot really smell the rose that much either, perhaps a bit but I smell the spices and amber a lot. This is a dark scent without being too heavy and that is one thing I love about it because it makes it very wearable. I prefer the essence but I always do because they are warmer and less sharper and in my opinion this fragrance needs that. Definitely on my want list.

Spicy
Spicy

it's the most mysterious perfume I've ever had because still can't separate any note in it, but love the mixture! Very sexy and "witchy".

Bandit

This is not as bad as Turin and Sanchez have voted (you guessed that, ey?), but it also not good. What is that? Very sweet and modern, onedimensional and not dark in my personal olfactorial spectrum.

If that would have been marketed as fruity something I would have believed it.

I have to disagree with myself: I wrote some reviews ago that I am a big fan of Jacques Cavallier and that his nose and work is outstanding.

Well, I've tried some of his more bestselling work and I am really not too impressed: Midnight is one of it. It smells partly like swimming pool, partly fruit, partly of a masculine accord. It is not bad, I already said that, but it is also not good. I cannot see a reason why I should invest in this. It's boring. Kate Moss Velvet Hour is as fruity and as boring, by the way.

But, I get, that J.C. tried to create a real Poison flanker and he did a good work in this. They share something, I just can't put my finger on it.

I hope, that some 18 y girl falls in love with Midnight and than, 10 years later, really begins to appreciate perfumery with other creations and is more open minded than those, who used Britney Spears and the stuff in her teen age. It might be a good starting point.

I personally find the 18 y girl cooler, which only wears patchouli e.o. in her age and than turns on the real dirty stuff when older. But that's just me.

fanhermes

I just have to say 'wow'! What a scent! Rose and jasmine and patchouly! I realized that I am attracted by slightly masculine fragrances: first Elixir de Merveille, then this. They are different, slightly sweet, but more intriguing, voluptous and ooze sensuality. Love'em! The dry down is the best part- rose and amber, a little vanilla and jasmine, but rose, rose, rose...what a hard rose! I guess Midnight goes with dark clothes, high heels, suits, short, sexy dresses... and not with casual, daily, boring clothes that don't individualize, but generalize!

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

This is one of few women's perfumes that I could wear it...it is so grande and mysterious. Makes me want to keep sniffing on my wrist. Would like to add it to my collection, soon!

chromaggia
chromaggia

Roses, roses, everywhere. To me (and on me) it smells like being waist deep in a room full of dark red rose petals. It's fantastically dark and sexy. I was afraid it would smell too "mature" on me, as the other Poisons do, but this is just classy and goodness, I could go on forever about the rose notes. I wish I could be wearing Eva Green's dress from the ad when I have it on, they go hand in hand.

D_D_T_L_V
D_D_T_L_V

Smoky roses, very oriental in the sense that if it were a fabric it would probably be some kind of rich brocade. But my skin doesn't like it so much. Roses turn soapy on me. Oh well.
It was too much for my nose, and the florals felt a tad generic. I'll stick to my Hypnotic P.

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

Very dramatic and sensuel. This is how I imagine Dita von Tease smells like..

Mmmm... the weather is chilling going towards fall/winter and Midnight Poison seems just like the cosy warming perfume that one needs to feel confortable!
It's a strong perfume. I didn't like it when it came out because I really find it flat somehow. Patchouli takes it all! I was hoping for at least a shy rose putting her head out of the sultry potion, but nope, she's there and hidden!
Anyway Midnight Poison is an interesting perfume and very longlasting!

Brigittetolson
Brigittetolson

I actually don't find this one masculine after the first 10 minutes (on myself or anyone). The rose stays fairly prominent, and though the vanilla is very dry, and the patchouli is as "clean" as patchouli gets, MP without a doubt strikes me as an evening fragrance for a woman.

I adore it- it's a distinctive fragrance that manages to be sexy and dark, but never even approaches muskiness or powdery notes (I do not enjoy powdery dry downs).

The comparison to DNKY Delicious Night is extremely accurate, but DN is heavier on the freesia than the patchouli, and has a distinct berry (blackberry?) note that stays around for a while. If you'd like a sweeter, gentler version of this, DN is great.

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

Try this layered over Annick Goutal's Encens Flamboyant or similar incense scent...Doing that took Midnight Poison from "acceptable discount-available Oriental" to "wow" for me. Seems to help it last longer as well.

darrshanjvoraa

to start with i tried with a doubt as all poison series r not up to mark in dior series but this one surprised me by leaps and bounds i sould say pure sophastication and beautiful patchouli and rose , undoubtedly a rich luxurious perfume, and the color and bottle r awesome tis perfume has depth. go for tis

ION
ION

"Midnight Poison", is a fragrance that makes me wonder whether it was created according to its given name or was it that the name was given to the perfume after its creation (I hope I expressed myself correctly here).
It is undoubtly the best of the poison flankers but I can't help asking why isn't it superior to the original one, given the fact it was created something like a century later by three (and not one) very experienced noses!

Of course, the bottle is gorgeous as ever!

SheShe
SheShe

I would have liked it if it didn't contain so much patchouli - the scent is very masculine on me. I admit patchouli, mandarin orange, bergamot and rose give an interesting effect here but less patchouli, please... the bottle - no, thank you, nothing special.

lafefe
lafefe

Midnight poison is pure sensuality and powerful self-confidence, it's an emotional perfume, it's ambery powderness, patchouli dry spiciness and rose freshness and elegance. This blend means something, it's unique and speaks for itself, it takes you to another land where you are the unchallenged Queen and wearing it you don't need to add more.

elderflowers
elderflowers

A perfectly housetrained patchouli-based rose that can take on any niche offering without breaking a sweat. Elegant, unisex, and slightly medicinal, it's notable for comprising very few notes: rose, orange peel, and patchouli, on a mild vanilla base. Midnight Poison manages to be both distinctive and discreet; in colder months, it's perfectly wearable by day (the colder the better, IMO). Of all the Poisons, I think this is the most reliable winner, and I agree with those who say Dior missed a trick by launching it as a feminine flanker scent. On a man, this has the potential to be devastating: rose-patchouli-citrus has proven its worth for centuries, but this take is recent, stylish, and IMO foolproof.

QUEENIE0001
QUEENIE0001

I had such a hard time finding this perfume in my area. Finally found some and bought it right away. I love it..I am a HUGE fan!! Smells a lot like Coco from Chanel to me..personally I would wear this anywhere I just love it so much

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

Midnight Poison by Christian Dior is a patchouli-dominated rosy incense mixed with waxy amber and a pinch of dry vanilla. The fragrance is great for an evening night's out, but you would look like like a fool if you wore it to a pub.

The opening is strangely medicinal-sweet, with a chewy menthol vibe natural to patchouli along with the bittersweet aroma of freshly sliced bergamot.

The middle is a classic combination of black rose and in-your-face-flaunting-patchouli earthiness. The combination is sweet, drippy, as well as sour, spicy, and savoury.

The base brings with it a metallic, waxy , characteristically honey-like scent of amber, along with a pinch of dry, yet chocolaty, Bourbon vanilla. The fragrance now, along with the patchouli-rose combination dried down, smells like the Dawn, the Daybreak.

Overall, Midnight Poison is one big whallop of sizzling hot patchouli brazen with amber and rose. A true ghost lurking in the shadows of a haunted, eerie, Midnight castle.

Magic now begins at Midnight.

AMDs44
AMDs44

I found it with a great discount but when i tryed it, It was light and it didn't last long 3 hours and then it gone i have hypnotic poiosn and it lasts on me 17 hours (amazing), every review on youtube saying that it is strong and it is the most man friendly of the poison but i don't see that maybe there is a problem with their tester !!!!

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor
DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

Divine heady aroma of dark fairy tales and exquisite couture. The enveloping perfume reminded me at once of The Company of Wolves, when Rosalie (red riding hood) shocked everyone by unleashing her own inner wolf. This scent is beauty as a beast.
This is both refined and sexual, savage and beautiful.
The campaign is stunning with its navy and midnight blues and snowy fairy tale imagery surrounding the gorgeously witchy Eva Green.
Rose , vanilla woods and amber came to a header on my skin. Dark spiced rose of an unusual potion. Sillage and lasting power wonderful on moisturized skin. Recommended for those who want a little touch of "magic" in their lives and on their vanity tables.

orchid_84
orchid_84

This is a beautiful perfume...it's a big, dark rose and patchouli scent, that sweetens and softens as the amber base warms on my skin. It's deep, sexy, and romantic.

The opening is a strong, medicinal blast of patchouli and saturated rose, but it quickly rounds out to a perfect balance that is soft, strong and sensual. Personally, I don't find it that masculine. Just intense and edgy....yet it's definitely got a bit of sweetness to it. This isn't your garden variety delicate rose scent - it's a piercing, voluptuous rose.

The scent itself is fairly intense, but it stays reasonably close to the skin. This would make an incredible evening scent, but could also work in daytime settings if applied lightly.

This and Hypnotic Poison are tied as my two favourites from the Dior Poison line. They are so different, but both equally beautiful. Midnight is simpler in its olfactory composition...less cozy and comforting than Hypnotic, but more classic and romantic.

MEDKIM
MEDKIM

Incredible lasting power. I wore it on yesterday at 6:45 pm, and now it is 11:20 am, and after a shower, I still smell it clearly on my skin. Amazing

Ava22
Ava22

All I can say this Scream Femme Fatale.Is very strong and daring with mystery element.All eyes will be on you and most will be from men!!! Is edgy Provocative and hardcore.So girls under 19 should not wear this Dangerous potion.It will set you on a trance of romance and Glamour.Is for the good girl that turn bad at midnight.It open up strong and get very passive , stunning after in hour and still remain mysterious.I like this Fragrance when I'm going out on a date or looking for a male victim!!! Is best worn at night around fall ,winter and spring maybe summer to shock the male species and make all the women at the ball jealous!!! The is indeed a secret weapon for any women trying to kidnap a man Heart to make him your love victim;) But becareful this is some dangerous stuff!!

ladyf
ladyf

My favorite! its classy, feminine, seductive, high projection , project like a bomb . it is a must to have it!

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I wanted to love this, as I really liked the ads and the inky blue bottle is very pretty. But this didn't wow me. But it is nice. It's discreetly sultry and it seems as though there is some mystery note not listed - these fairly tame fragrance notes combine to make something extraordinary. There is a lot of bergamot and citrus in the opening and then rose, but there is some sort of syrupy haze throughout that has a maple-esque woody sweetness to it. The vanilla comes and goes quite quickly as it dries down and then the patchouli which had been in the background comes to light with a soft amber. Wear on the skin, but do not spray much as this could be overwhelming. For fall/winter and the evening.

ladymillion123456789

never have i scene such a beautiful sexy commercial for a fragrance as good as this i cant believe what a amazing job Dior have done on this commercial breathtaking beauty and the dress speech less. and well done Eva green amazing job running in those heels real talent there girl. She is the sexy side of Cinderella.

I CAN WATCH IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!!

mylancome

Actually i so hate vanilla, after get a miniature and dap some drops on me, my friend said it suit me very much, smells like a millionaire. Doing my best to overcome hatre of vanilla.

rbenx
rbenx

im not a girl but i would reccommend girlz to get that one. none of those floral, strawberry girl type thing. this cologne has an amazing expensive scent. its not that powerfull, it will stay on u all day long, regardless the weather but im sure it will please everybody who walk aroud close, or giving u a hug. get it, and rock it with some classy confidence!!!

bra_chorni
bra_chorni

this is da most expensive scent i have ever bought,so much so i was afraid to use it.only for special occasions i thought,boy was i wrong,its perfect for indian winter,where its warm during da day and chilly at night,THIS SMELLS LIKE DA INSIDES OF A GREAT INDIAN TEMPLE"with all da incense and deep rose.one of my all time loves.

missparfum
missparfum

Not an everyday perfume, since it's very powerful. it's very luxurious, rich and dark. You don't have to wear much to make an impression on people. A good one actually, since it't very sexy and strong. Still, don't wear it to the office: it's better for nights.

melbritt24
melbritt24

I wanted to love this so much. I love the bottle and the aura of mystery but all I get is medicinal patchouli - not the warm and woody patchouli that I am in love with. I get a bit of amber in the background but not much. I also love a good amber dry down and was hoping this would settle into that and then I could keep it for night wear but hen...poof! it disappears?! Good thing I only bought a mini on Ebay!

olga1780

Ok, great to hear I am not the only one thinking it has fairly poor staying power in comparison to other Poisons. Because I started thinking, man they must have started making extremely high quality fakes. lol
The original poison even in EDT beats all other Poisons in sillage and longevity.

ladymillion123456789

This fragrance is probably the only fragrance that has an advert that matches the fragrance sexy seductive mysterious and gorgeous Dior have really done a great job with this project.
if only other brands would follow the Dior example of a great scent then we would have more quality fragrances not cheap tacky and sweet celebrities scents.

ashyashy
ashyashy

it is one of the sexiest perfume out in the market, the staying power is so-so but the smell is definitely unique. I sprayed it when i went out for partying, men love it and def made u become a very sexy woman too.

fgamz

my signature perfume, i love it, i wear it during the day.. i get its empowering but i love it and im just that kind of girl.. my husband loves it, it just blends so well into my body chemistry its bloody awesome, i am willing to try and find new ones as i do like diversity, but this is my number 1!!

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

this started as star anise on me - sharp and violently stuck to my nose.. which was enough to send me running to scrub it off.. A MOST DEFINITE NO-NO FOR ME!

ladymillion123456789

wow breathtaking ad true Dior quality shown in the perfume and the advert unbelievable music the dress Eva green this is what makes this perfume one of a kind and knocks all those cheap and tacky SOMEDAY JUSTINE BIEBER and WANTED JESSE MCCARTNEY to the ground.

SEXIEST PERFUME SO STRONG AND BEAUTIFUL THE CHANEL NO.5 WOW FACTOR OF THE 21ST CENTURY

Awatef
Awatef

I’m not a rose person- I’m actually a bit surprised to find rose in this magic voodoo spell – I think this perfume is mature and a complete tease
I absolutely love it

A wonderful scent. But on my skin its not longlasting, after 40 minutes - its gone.. In my opinion this is a scent for an middleaged or older lady. Great rose, amber and vanilla in this one.

En härlig doft. Men på mig är den kortlivad, efter ca 40 minuter så dofter det ingenting längre. I mitt tycke är detta en doft för vuxna/äldre kvinnor. Härliga ros, amber och vaniljtoner i denna parfym.

daisywest

It is a very nice and long lasting perfume, somehow,it smells so similar when I spray my BLV Rose Essentielle and put Hydraderm on my hands.:O

calyx93
calyx93

The women's equivalent to Ungaro III (similar to the the small differences between Aromatics Elixir and Aramis 900 or Aramis and Azuree, but not the same fragrance components at all)

This is all dark roses wrapped in a deep purple cape that's scented of patchouli, a touch of vanilla and the tiniest whisper of berry-scented leather - riding in a black velvet carriage. It's not the most original of fragrances and maybe a touch on the rather commercial and synthetic side of scents, but what it does, it does well - men should try this too.

mlxo7
mlxo7

I do like this scent, however you must spray before you buy as this smells shocking on my friend! Its very potent which I like - a lot of perfumes (even parfum) don't stay that long on me, but I could smell this on my cardigan for a few days after I'd sprayed and on my wrist all evening. It's quite citrusy and sweet, but then mellows down and I smell more vanilla and amber (love both those notes). I'm keen to try the elixir version as I think it could be more up my alley as long as it doesn't lean towards something resembling Angel. This is a nice sexy fragrance on the right person, can't say I love it though but hope to grow into it.

vtothek
vtothek

This is a very interesting and addictive perfume. There is something somewhat menthol smelling in it; I think it is the effect of patchouli mixing with something else I can't point out. The menthol calms down a little and leads to a pleasant spicy middle of rose, but at first it's hard to tell that it's rose and not some sort of incense. The dry down, about five hours after the first application, is very unappealing though. It begins to smell extremely synthetic and cloying, and makes you want to run to a shower as quick as possible.
Love the top, hate the bottom, so I guess I'm in the middle about this one.

judee

And oh I forgot to add that there are already two wannabe-s MP on the market Kate's Velvet hour and Midnight pearl by Oriflame (could they be even more obvious?) ...

judee

Oh how I love Midnight poison! Not to mention I am almost in love in Eva Green, she's as beautiful as the perfume, best bond girl ever! And Muse's Space Dementia as a background, this is pure art!

On my skin, this starts as a citrusy and warms down into heavenly beautiful woody rose... I can wear this anywhere anytime, this is the ultimate masterpiece by Dior.

And there is something about this perfume that drives men mad, as you probably know :-))) They love it so much I am afraid that someday someone will want to eat me alive while I am wearing it ;-), complimented every time with this one!

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that everyone who doesn't know what to get next to wear these days, wears this... I can smell people on the street wearing it. After I had it a friend of mine bought it too (not so good for me since I wanted this to be my signature scent!-the only consolation is that on her it smells like mildew -another friend of our told her that, muwahaha :-P). And I definitively don't want to smell like that girl on the street, like a friends mum, like my friend ..I don't want to smell like everyone!!!:-)))

So I will just have to wait that something new incorporates the streets, the next big thing, so I can peacefully enjoy in my dark fairytale...and did I mention that I absolutely adore the bottle. This one is truly the poison that I would want to die from :-)).

Roma27
Roma27

How do I love thee & keep it secret? A relationship I must pursue! You are as Beautiful as staring at the Midnight stars so I will make you mine very soon. Soon my darling soon I will walk with you proudly!!

Asmaa youssef

sexy ,spicy ,mysterious, very unique but i feel the same feelings with euphoria :)it is like euphoria on me but in more classy way ,anyway i love Dior midnight and euphoria ck a lot .

Louw
Louw

A darkly sexy fragrance, this. It has the rounded plumminess of the original Poison, but for me that's where the similarity ends. Fruity and quite fresh when it first hits the skin, this gives way to a slightly masculine woody note with spicy hints. It rounds out to become softer and plummy and finally reveals its base of vanilla, amber and a hint of patchouli. Heavy but well-balanced. The bottle is beautiful too - very well designed in dark blues that compliment the fragrance within.

ladymillion123456789

This perfume is great its so good theres really not one thing thats wrong or bad about this perfume.

what are some people talking about this perfume is hard to wear how Ridiculous to say its because they cant find anything to complain about so they say the silliest stuff seriously just because they know its good and don't want to say it.

it is pretty strong so don't over do it

TRY TRY TRY!!!!!

krissycat
krissycat

I am SOOO happy I got this. I took a chance ordering this because of mixed reviews that I've read, but this one by far is my favorite poison. Just like with Hypnotic poison, the top notes I smell when first sprayed aren't my favorite, it's the dry down. With Midnight poison the notes that smell delicious hit me way faster then with Hypnotic which pretty much the whole time I'm thinking " do I like this? Do I?" with Midnight Poison I was sold. It absolutely won over my heart and I could not get enough of it. I went to a bacholerette party yesterday and one girl in particular told me how beautiful I smelled after she hugged me. It's an intoxicating scent and I highly recommend. Definetely super sexy and classy and modern as well.

Alexandrarae
Alexandrarae

What a lot of reviews for this little beauty! I have never been a fan of "Poison" but was given a sample of "Midnight poison" a few years ago and only found it yesterday at the back of my perfume drawer - put a bit on my wrist before I went to bed and POW.... IT IS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. So seductive and gorgeous - I can still smell it on my pillow now and that's over 24 hours ago. Will definitely be purchasing this - hopefully it is still available here in Australia.

nicolette09
nicolette09

I love this to death! It is my favorite perfume. Too bad I have only a mini and it is so expensive. The opening is absolutely gorgeous and seductive, it makes me feel very sexy. On me it doesn't have great staying power

fionalovesperfume
fionalovesperfume

I love this one. I sprayed it on me in a shop and fell in love immediately with its dark and sinister smell. I only have fruity, joyful and bright perfumes so far in my collection. So this is going to be one of the fragrances that I definitely have to buy. I also noticed that it has great lasting power, I still smelled it on my wrist after eight hours. Amazing! I would think that if you're prone to headaches, you should spray it on the back of your knees, as it is so extremely powerful. I also wouldn't recommend wearing it during daytime to school or work, because it really is a hate or love perfume. This perfume is ideal for fall and winter, I can't imagine it on the skin during a hot summer's day. But it's also a good nighttime perfume for cool summer nights in a romantic location, for instance if you're at a lake, which reflects the moon..... .

bunnyunderbelly
bunnyunderbelly

Don't wear it to the office, don't wear it anywhere people will be eating. Don't waste it on daytime jerks. It's too expensive and magical to waste.

This is the perfume that made me fall in love with scents. Before this perfume I never considered a fragrance an essential part of my wardrobe, I feel totally unfinished without this in my life.

It's hypnotic. It smells even better if you get a bit sweaty, it smells beautiful on hair, especially if you don't wash it for a few days. This is a sleazy, outright sexual perfume. It's a little black silk dress and agent provocateur stockings rolling around on a fur draped antique four poster bed. Pure high class trash.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Dark and sexy with a little smudge of oily soot--Cinderella forgot to clean the evidence off her brow.

Beautifully balanced and elegant, yet daring with its commanding hot citrus entrance, it sizzles and sways to make way for a noxious rose.

Patchouli lends a tactile quality as she saunters across the ballroom: she brushes past every man, leaving her mark, pretending to be oblivious to the rapturous effect that she has on them.

Amber and vanilla create the perfect end to this magical emulsion--alluring, seductive, powerfully captivating and lasting way into the morning light.

penny-lane
penny-lane

I don't think this perfume could be any more perfect than it already is. It is a lovely mixture of femininity and masculinity and when I put it on, I feel very powerful. It is suitable for night time (just like the name says) and I also think that you can wear it regardless of the time of the year.
It stays on my skin surprisingly long even though I don't spray a lot of it.
Midnight Poison is not an intimate perfume but it creates an aura around the person who wears it and that is also one of the reasons why I am completely in love with it.
It is a scent not only for those who like darkness and mystery but for anyone who wants to feel sexy, seductive and elegant.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

Wow! I never thought I'd like MP even though I love HP and like PP. MP isn't as "dark" as I suspected it would be, on me it's really suitable for day or night. it's a fruity scent with just a hint of vanilla and musk, I luckily get no heavy patchouli...I don't mind a little but I suspected MP would be patchouli heavy. A very nice scent on me, I'll probably invest in a bottle down the line, I do have a generous sample to use up first. I'll be trying the Elixir (sp?) next, I hear it's wonderful! On a side note I adore all the Poison bottles, and Midnight's is not a disappointment, it's beautiful! I hope to own a bottle of each of the Poisons in the future.

Sillage: pretty good I get whiffs of it now and again.

Longevity: very long lasting on even my perfume "eating" skin! I get 6 hours and counting.

Bottle: as stated before Beautiful!

9/10! :0)

Rose_Noire
Rose_Noire

Oh thee, the center of my affections, love of my life...The one I always come back to.
Nothing comes close to its perfection, the 'fire & ice' feel to it.
Rose & patchouli never blended so well, no perfume ever smelled so gothic without trying to be. Effortless elegance & mystery & sexiness.
Love love love....

ladymillion123456789

I really didn't like this perfume when i first tried but im really now thinking about getting it the advert for this perfume is beautiful everything from the music to the lovely gorgeous Eva green it really does remind me of a new dark Cinderella.
IM GOING TO TRY IT ON MY SKIN THIS TIME BECAUSE A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE SAYING IT DOESN'T SMELL GOOD PAPER.

aperfumelover
aperfumelover

love the adv!!!! however, first time i tried it didn't like it!!!! I sprayed on a paper - big mistake...! another day i said let's give an opportunity.. so i decided to try it again...at first minutes is very very vivid!!! not satisfied , but later about ten minutes is spicy, sexy,seductive and woody! someone told me smells like a male perfume...it becomes sweeter on me and softer... nice choice it lasts on me just a few hours 3-4. I cannot decide if it is appropriate for spring-summer i love it but i'm afraid that it's a little heavy for sunny and hot days!

olga1780

Midnight Poison reminds me of Amor Amor by Cacharel,which i like but barely use because it's sillage is extremely weak and longevity is very short-lived. I just checked and they do share the same notes with Amor Amor, but Dior quality is unsurpassed on every level,no doubt about that. I also have Pure and Hypnotic Poison, but i love them all equally as each is very unique and beautiful in its own way.

Castor
Castor

"Try it, you won't regret it". I did, and my friend was right, I did not regret it: in small doses, it can be a masculine scent men can feel comfortable with minutes after application. Are you worried women will ask you if you are wearing Dior's Midnight Poison? Blame it on skin chemistry, hormones or whatever, rest assure it won't happen. A rose-based oriental in which the patchouly and vanilla are quite prominent, reasons for its masculine character.

Dior's Midnight Poison might have a con, for it was such a success there are many local scents inspired by it, this negatively affecting its originality (I know, this is unfair). Well, let your skin chemistry do the rest, for you will be complemented by women who also wear it, however unable to recognize it on a man.

Ohkit
Ohkit

"Midnight Poison" is already a legend, a classic. Everything about it is perfect : its dark blue bottle, sexy commercial, intriguing name and obviously its bittersweet smell. Doubtless, the best "Poison" (yet followed closely by Pure Poison) It smells of mandarin and vanilla on me, I can't detect the hugely praised rose, though

aelias
aelias

This is the best Poison, and this is what Addict should have been. And I can't see how this fragrance would be offensive to anyone - it certainly has lasting power, but there is nothing sharp about it. I think it is really beautiful.

Olga12
Olga12

Jungle ELephant of Kenzo is my signature fragrance but putting this on is like falling in love again with a perfume!!! I like it better than Poison Hypnotic but what I like about both of them is the vanilla!!

Woodfaery
Woodfaery

I have grown to love MP and I also like Hypnotic poison.
Both are amazing!!!
Three words....sexy! sexy!!! sexy!!!!

Inche
Inche

I like all CD perfumes,but from the "poisons" i think
Midnight Poison is the best.

picisziv

Ladies! This is the STUFF!
I just purchased my bottle of Midnight Poison and I have to say that it makes men go crazy :D
I first wore it at a party organised by a friend and when I arrived, 4-5 people immediately complimented my scent.
Long hours later I hugged a guy who asked me if I could keep some distance, because my perfume made him excited in a way he shouldn't feel for a girl who has a relationship...
Let alone what my boyfriend turns out to be when i put MP on! Seems like Dior created an aphrodisiac. All my adoration!

jolielady
jolielady

Dark and mysterious is absolutely right, I think that everything about this perfume, its blue bottle, its atmospheric whirling promotional video, all catch the spirit of the midnight hour with strange magic in the air.

I think it's a pity this went out as a "flanker" of Poison, because it might put a lot of people off. This fragrance is rare unique and special,in its own right. It's the equal of any of the great French names. I'm surprised when I hear others saying that it's hard to wear.I don't always like chypre perfumes, except Paloma Picasso, but this one is in my top 3.

One little niggle is that the stopper is fiddly if I'm in a hurry. Pretty shape though.

Lydia16125
Lydia16125

Love love love love love this perfume so much. This perfume suits my personalty and style so well. It's defiantly a signature type perfume. I've had two bottles of this perfume.

It's not for everyone. it's spicy, mysterious, long lasting and powerful. My boyfriend loves it and i've always had people compliment me when I wear it. It's very strong at first but after it dies down it's just beautiful. The downfall about this perfume is that it's expensive and I haven't had a bottle since 2009! But I'm saving to get another one! highly recommend.

nancinha
nancinha

This is my favourite perfume, I absolutely LOVE it!!! I received it as a Christmas present from my mom and now it has become my signature. It's such a luxurious fragrance... classy, mysterious, seductive, sexy and sensual, all of these things in one round dark blue bottle. One of the best examples I can give is the scenery in Evanescence's video "Lithium" it's exactly how I picture this perfume... snow falling over a dark foggy forest surrounded by an aura of mystery. When a fragrance is this good there's no need to say much because it speaks for itself, as does the reaction you get from others while wearing it (especially men). Midnight Poison... a modern classic.

rednut
rednut

My favourite 'poison' fragrance. I find it a fairly similar smell to Estee Lauders Sensuous Noir. Warm, dark and sexy. It doesn't seem masculine at all to me. It is woody but with a slight sweetness from the fruit. It doesn't last that long on me, a few hours at most but it is one of my favourite scents so I live with the lack of longevity. Its a mature, confident and bold scent. Love it or hate it but do try it.

fpih
fpih

This is one of the most unique and also widely available fragrances; it deserves a praise just for that. You won't find many perfume houses willing to create a female fragrance for massive production that smells so strongly of camphor, yet Dior took the risk and IMO, it worked.

I don't get amber or vanilla in this one. I only get the citruses at the beginning and the camphor (which I read here is actually patchouli) and rose in the end. Not being a rose fan, I'm surprised at how much I like this perfume. It's also one of my most complimented ones along with Pure Poison. Lasting power is simply amazing: it lasts all day and then some. Sillage is also very good, something I appreciate. I read here that most people consider this a winter perfume because it's quite potent. I myself, because of the camphor scent, find it refreshing and cooling enough to wear during the hot, mediteranean summer days and nights.

All in all, a very interesting twist on rose. Might persuade even non-rose fans like me, to give it a try. It's the kind of feminine perfume that does not apply to young lolitas but rather to the stronger, self-confident women out there, be they 20 or 50 years old.

poison

It is so good that in the century of cotton candy sugar smelling perfumes somebody decided to create such an enchanting fragrance!
It is true that I am huge Dior fan, but I try to be as impersonal I can. Midnight Poison is one of the biggest perfumes created after 2000. Even though in the description it says it is an oriental woody I would say that MP is rather a Chypre, maybe a woody Chypre, but still a Chypre, since it has citruses, rose and patchouli.
I consider it a great fragrance because the concept behind it fits so well the result. The darkness and the mystery match the name and the beautiful dark blue bottle.
Not for Barbie girls or for house music listening people. I think it would be great on a gothic babe or on a rock dude dressed in leather.

Though I was not sure at the beginning of Midnight Poison’s qualities, now after wearing it lots of times and receiving tons of compliments from everybody, especially from men that wanted to wear it themselves as well I am sure that I made a great investment. Midnight Poison it is one of the few good quality modern perfumes. It is hard not to fall in love with him and fall under his spell.
It could easily compete with other well-known fragrances that some consider masterpieces that I honestly don’t understand why.
I know that many will say it is an ordinary rose scent, but I think that with all the great scents happened the same thing. At the beginning everybody criticizing them and after several years when they see that they resist on the market and they continue to mesmerize everybody who wears it, then they will admit how great and lovely perfume it is.
Another masterpiece from Christian Dior.
The best fragrance house ever!

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

EDP! Midnight Poison is a dark, seductive, sensual, creepy, yet well constructed fragrance. It has 1 of thee best openings of a frag I have smelled in a long time. I am not a fan of Roses, yet in MP it is so well blended that I do not mind it.

The patchouli is dominant towards the end with the rose & citrus still lingering along to create a sexy masterpiece! It last all day or night & it has good projection. What more can you ask for?

Many women find this to be to masculine for them & I will agree that it is more masculine than feminine. Dior missed the mark on this 1 as it should have been named Midnight Poison Pour Homme! Men go check this out & if you like it buy it for your girlfriend & or wife & if she does not like it, you can keep it for yourself! Everybody wins with Midnight Poison! Gorgeous deep blue bottle as well! Dior deserves a standing round of applause for there work here!

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

MIDNIGHT POISION is sophisticated, mysterious and a bit sinister but at the same time so romantic. A dark gothic rose, beautiful and unforgettable. The kind of rose that The Phantom would give Christine in the Phantom of the Opera to declare his obsessive, insane and so sentimentally romantic love, a stunning crimson rose with a black silk ribbon tied around it.

The opening is aromatic bergamot and mandarin layered on earthy and spicy tone of patchouli. Right from the beginning the scent sets the stage with the sophisticated dark tone and the aura of mystery. I love that the patchouli here is not sickly sweet but rather earthy and almost medicinal. The scent slowly unveils the romantic rose on the bed of patchouli leaves. It is incredible that Dior chose to concentrate on a single floral note, a rose, to represent the heart of the fragrance. The rose is sweet and romantic and contrasted so well by the dark power of patchouli. I think patchouli-rose combo is absolutely gorgeous here. It is full bodied and strong but not gourmand sweet. The scent becomes woody and smooth towards the dry down when vanilla layered with amber makes an appearance. Patchouli is present in the dry down but not as strong as in the first two stages.

I find this fragrance quite unique and beautiful in its dark and mysterious ways. The whole composition has unity and balance. I do not find that it is all over the place like other modern patchouli fragrances that attempt to do too much and blend too many ingredients together. MIDNIGHT POISON is bound by one thought, one theme from the beginning to the end. The composition is well executed and beautiful with a dramatic opening, romantic heart and warm rich finale.

The sillage is strong and the longevity is great. MIDNIGHT POISON is a beautiful addition to my collection.

rheea oana
rheea oana

I do not like rose, nor vanilla in a fragrance! And Midnight Poison has them both so when I tested this way back in 2007 I thought it smelled like a medicinal peppermint spicy rose! So not for me!
I still today am not he biggest of fans!But there it is something that pulls me back to it!
It is often compared with Angel, why? I've no idea, other than the fact that Olivier Cresp is the nose behind both. Still can't say if they are similar for I did not test Angel because it is the gourmand deluxe of the perfume world so NO for me!
As for Midnight Poison I have mixed feeling, I like it but I don't think I would buy it for myself(I have a 30 ml edp received as an exchange with a friend-will use it for winter though).
Some say it's sweet, I don't get sweet but a citrus zest-rose -patchouli and a woody amber something something in the background!
Some say it's pretty masculine -frangrances for me have no gender but can this be worn by a guy??? Depends on the guy!
I worn it yesterday for the first time at work and I thought it would be overpowering, it's not !!! I still smell some even today but it blends with my skin very quickly ! It's great for winter IMOA!!! Not sure how this would behave in a hot climate because I only tested it in winter, so I think fall-winter is best suited for this !
A while back I was enamored with this MIDNIGHT POISON uh the name alone..... and to many it had the dark goth mysterious vibe that I admit I thought so to! I romanticized a bit this fragrance but now it's just a scent that helps the transition to a more refined palate as far as fragrance go!
But like I said it does have that je ne sais quoi that winks at me so very often, wear me wear me!!! So I will!
I would not buy it again , but I do recommend this for somebody that is at the beginning of a fragrance collection because it opens the palate for more refined tastes!
It's an amuse bouche,an hoeur's d'hovre that gets you interested in other fine fragrances!

mediterranean
mediterranean

This was my signature scent two years ago during autumn and winter. I love the advert and Eva green was a fantastic choice for it. It is intriguing and yes, I agree, It smell a little bit like Vics Vaporup but nonetheless it is charming and has personality.

picisziv

reading your reviews, Midnight Poison could be the worst mess on earth, i would adore it!! with the love you talked about it made me sure that this stuff is magic. and it really was.
most of the peolpe love or hate Poison. i'm still between the two. but this one... shouldn't be called Poison. it has a different personality.
i have a very pale skin and lately dyed my hair dark. i wear plenty of black and white, kind of olden-like clothes or modern, dark, leathery rig. so striking this potion was my fate.
Midnight Poison is just what i was searching for so many times before. sweet and woody-spicy together... what a piece of art!
i don't find MP strong. i hate it when i can't feel my own scent (as i usually can't) and it makes me think that nobody else can. maybe i have a different meaning of what is 'strong'. but this one could be something to satisfy me. i'm seriously considering purchasing Midnight Poison. what a creation!!

I like this fragrance, but bear with me here.

At first spritz, it smelled like Listerine. It was weird, but I didn't hate it.

After a few minutes, the antiseptic scent dissipated, and it some honey crept in. At that point it became really pleasant.

Fifteen minutes later I couldn't smell it anymore. The sillage is terrible. I also realized the scent reminded me very much of Narciso Rodriguez For Her. So the final verdict is that while I like Midnight Poison, I prefer Narciso with regard to overall composition, complexity, and sillage.

LovelySally
LovelySally

I can smell eucalyptus... but as soon as i move my nose away i go back to smell it longing for the after smell. Its just mysterious tha comes out in the dark of the mid. hmmm.. sexy.

bombonica
bombonica

My bf bought it for me about 2 years ago because he loved how MP smelled, not because I liked it :). At that time it was too hard for me even though it was winter, and I didn't wear it more than 2-3 times and only because he wanted me to wear it. And now, I found it in a bag full oh things I never use, and thought to give it another chance, and guess what? it's beautiful, I feel like it's a unique fragrance, very chic, very parisiene :) If you want a different and special fragrance, that lasts the whole night, you should buy it, but only if you test it on your skin a few times - You will love it or hate it. And it's a perfect fragrance for the bedroom too, at least for my boyfriend ;)

Malegria
Malegria

I can`t find my old review - perhaps, it was lost during the website changes - however, my perspective changed a little bit.
When I was getting Midnight Poison, it was a blind buy. I was hoping for something that would remind me of Voleur de Rose - earthy patchouli and a non-sweet rose. I got something different from my initial expectations - the lush, dark red, intoxicating musky rose with a vibrant vanilla heart. I was disappointed, but now this feeling is gone.Midnight Poison is enchanting in cold weather, and I was not giving it justice by wearing it in warm dry autumn of the Midwest.Soft as a high quality velvet, Midnight Poison works best in the temperatures below freezing - it instantly creates an aura of mystery around you.

NNN
NNN

It's been a while since I've been looking forward to buy Midnight Poison. But everytime I buy a new perfume, I end up with other fragrance.
Midnight Poison it's a intriguing fragrance. Sometimes I love its feminine, mysterious fragrance. But, other times, I also smell something masculine and not so plesant.
One day, I'll get one and decide if I like it or not.

alicektn
alicektn

On my skin the perfume becomes too ambery, which I don't like very much. BUT the body cream is a delight: cold patchouli, dewy rose and a hint of vanilla for warmth. Romantic in the sense of a winter walk between blossomed almond trees.

aimeedoll
aimeedoll

My mum used to have this on her dressing table when i was a little kid and the smell was very distinctive. Everytime she would get glammed up to go out it would be that same smell everytime. Maybe thats why i like it so much because its a 'fond memory' scent! But i like it on its own anywa .

This is deffo a night perfume no question about it and its for people who know themselves for sure.

My mum now says she dislikes the perfume but i will be purchasing it soon. :)

guest_Zandra

Whoooops... that should have been prominent rose, as in I can actually smell the rose. A lot of perfumes have rose in them but this is the first for me where I can clearly distinguish the rose and still like (LOVE) it.

This is a dare or scare scent... rather than friend or foe scent... so to speak.

guest_Zandra

I've just bought this, after going to counters for a sniff here and there since it came out. I wouldn't agree with the goth-cinderella picture, but I don't really mind it either, it's just not a really good descpription of what happens on my skin.

The opening citrus scents hit you in the head, yes, they most definitely do (and HARD if you don't take care with the amount you spray on). But then the journey begins into rose, patchouli and vanilla. This is the first perfume I've had with rose in it that I can tolerate, I'm not a rose scent person. But I love this.

I'm thinking that I'm transferred somewhere warm, maybe the West Indies, I'm walking on the beach at night with a slightly cooling breeze slowly pushing the waves up one by one, almost in a hypnotic way. Everything is completely, utterly calm, the perfect moment. And I walk past an abandoned house with a garden grown wild, intoxicating smells of wood and flowers from within dark foliage.

Dark, secrets, mystery... yes. But also rich and lush with warmth at the edge (remember the ever so slightly chilling breeze). A bit like dark blue velvet, all that chiffon in the commercial couldn't do the job properly. In my mind this isn't an extraverted, social fragrance either; the setting for this would be in the outskirts of the party, that's why it's intruiging.

This perfume is that thing happening out of the corner of your eye.

I had been exercising a good deal of caution in my travels down the trail of Agent Purple flankers, practically tiptoeing, in fact, by taking long, multi-day "breathers" (literally and figuratively) between each potion to allow the completion of a full detox process before moving on. Tonight, however, lured in by a glance at the clock fast approaching midnight, I threw caution to the wind and pulled out my sample of MIDNIGHT POISON, the last in the series of first-order flankers. I believe that there are now flankers of flankers and perhaps even flankers of flankers of flankers, but for now, my sense of relative completion of the immediate task at hand is near... What have I learned through this long, sometimes headache-ridden journey?

Note to self (and anyone else who intends to embark on this adventure): ignore, I repeat: ignore, on any bottle bearing the name 'Poison' and produced by Dior, the labels 'edt' and 'edp'. Each and every one of these liquids needs to be treated as parfum.

Upon applying MIDNIGHT POISON, too, I was immediately stopped in my tracks by a splitting headache. Did I perhaps spray too much on? No, I did not spray at all. I dabbed, ever-so-gingerly, a tiny fraction of my sample vial and the tell-tale POISON headache rehydrated within seconds. This must mean something, and I intend to peruse the list posted somewhere at Fragrantica of the "most toxic perfumes". I'm betting (perhaps I should strike up a wager with Gojira?) that the POISON series is pretty high up on the list.

Do I like MIDNIGHT POISON, setting aside my personal headache problem? Yes, I have to say that, after flushing my lungs with adequate fresh air and thus effectively loosening the vice grip clamped on my cranium, I did enjoy the drydown. It's a dark, woody oriental with thick rich abiding patchouli and a nice spiciness with potential appeal for guys and gals alike--provided that they do not overapply!

And it goes perhaps without saying that the longevity and sillage are unsurpassed. But I'll have to take this elixir up once again after a thorough twelve-step detox program, featuring lots of filtered water and natural perfumes, before I can determine whether this is something that I can actually enjoy (by applying only a nanodose) rather than simply endure.

cryman41
cryman41

Rose and vanilla have created a luxury fragrance, well represented by the wonderful beauty of Eva Green...a sophisticated Dior fragrance

guest_debob
guest_debob

Yes, I like this, but it is a little harsh at first. At first I smelled bug spray, and then the spiciness his me.
For the life of me I can't see how those notes listed above, are in this perfume. When it settles down some I think it smells like (don't laugh) prune juice soap. If there was such a thing. Prune juice mixed with a little wine, mixed with soap. Now, I don't mean that in a bad way. Actually, it's pretty good. And I don't think it smells that way on everybody else, just me probably. I might buy it, but right now I'm euphoric over my Hypnitic Poison.

Cereza
Cereza

This is so amazing. When I started to apply this from my tiny sample vial it opened with medical patchouli and I was frightened that I might dislike it for the opening, but on the skin it is so define. Very, very dark and mysterious, perfect, it almost has a tiny feeling that I smell edible when I wear this, very jummy, seductive and sexy. A must.

IamWoman
IamWoman

Did my body chemistry change this past weekend, or what? I received both, Midnight Poison and Mitsouko, and now, both of them are going back! Even after all the confusion with "ScentedMonkey"(involving several Fragranticans), I still ordered Midnight Poison from a more reputable site, wanting to use it for a wedding reception. I am sorry to report that the first and only note I got was the overwhelming hit of "Vicks Vapor Rub". It did not settle into anything softer, it didn't "flow" or "meld" into its other notes...it just sort of hit me HARD with mentholatum, lingered a while, and then vanished. And this was the EDP. I can't believe, after all of anticipation that my overall reaction to Midnight Poison was, "You're kidding....this is IT???"

adele l
adele l

Confess I had no desire to try this due to the masculine and citrus descriptors and the fact that Hypnotic P really clashed with my chemistry..but hell, it is dark and gorgeous! A very deep vanillic rose that is quite distinctive. It's strong too with lasting power to spare; the citrus elevates it but doesn't overtake the lovely base notes. Very pleasant surprise!

guest_peny
guest_peny

Midnight poison is magic! at first it's not so attractive and mysterious!however, later is very sexy! I believe the best time to wear it is autumn!

ineverwas
ineverwas

Midnight Poison is dark, cold and magic like the silhouette of a tall gothic castle and its guarding gargoyles in a full moon night. Its somber halls are old, heavy and silent but there is also a sensation of coolness, a slight draft coming through the walls of this old building, from occult chambers that hide uncanny secrets. The narrow windows are adorned by thick dark-blue velvet curtains which shimmer dimly in the moon's light. Everything is still and awaiting an exceptional event. The tower clock at the end of the hall announces midnight.

Midnight Poison makes me think of a Lovecraft story. It's perhaps dark and tenebrous but also hypnotic and magnetic. It's a bit gloomy but also crisp and breezy. Midnight Poison is gothic, strange, alluring, cryptic, otherwordly: a ghost story – a bit eerie perhaps, but nonetheless utterly captivating.

guest_IceKat
guest_IceKat

Dark and mysterious fragrance. I was not sure about the opening at first as it smelled like menthol (very patchouli). Then the perfume started developing and turned into sophisticated, rich and dark on my skin. The patchouli smell stayed in the background providing nice backdrop for rose and vanilla. The ingredients seems to be simple but they are match in heaven developing into very complex scent, a symphony perfect for the midnight mystery dance.

Girlie_Girl
Girlie_Girl

Dark, mysterious and sensual is how I describe this perfume. gorgeous on cold days and for evening. This scent somehow manages to bring out confidence when I wear it, because it feels so sexy and grown up.
I love the way that the heavy, almost masculine scent transforms into feminine rose.

Truly beautiful.

Lady Love
Lady Love

Is So Strong at the begginng, i don't like that, but, after a while this fragrance show you why deserves to be part of the Poison Family. I think black roses would smell like Midnight Poison.

I feel this scent a bit masculine but i like it a lot.

sharyssa

Do Not order from scented monkey they are scammers!!!!!!!!! I waited for my order it never came I called daily I was told it was being shipped every time I called! I called today and all of the sudden it's not in stock then I was told the price was a glich in the computer! Get your lies straight! I went off and I am done I will never order from them or any of their affiliates again! Yesterday the price was $75 on the midnight poison though. They are very dishonest!Order at your own risk this isn't the first time I had problems with them either once I orderd a fragrance and a lipstick was charged for both and waited 2 weeks and the lipstick arrived but not the fragrance. I am done!!!!!!!

sharyssa

You won't believe that I just ordered a 1.7 oz bottle of this Midnight Poison at scented monkey for $15.63 YES!!!!! $15.63 I can't believe it myself!!!!!!!

Lotofire
Lotofire

im obsessed about this...is so intriguing and daring...it reminds me of black orchid in a way...dark, sensual and unique.

elusivek
elusivek

You know what's funny. The first couple times I put this on, I was undecided but I kept putting it on. Then when I was down to the last spray, I was utterly distraught! Guess that answered my question!

It's actually one of my favorites. It just took me a little bit to be able to appreciate it and know how to wear it. It's not for everyone that's for sure. It is not meek or timid. It's wild. More specifically it is high engergy, high voltage, bold, has an attitude and is totally unapologetic about it.

It starts out benign enough, sweet and creamy, kind of like a coy smile, only you don't realize it's a smirk and when you get hit with the dark rose and smouldering ambery spice and you haven't a clue which side is up. While you're still stunned, the patch finishes you off - or at least that's how I feel when I'm wearing it.

Ultra feminine but in a powerful way, dark in a hypnotic way, and sultry in a way only a sexy confident woman can pull off with just a bat of her eyelashes or hint at in her wicked laughter.

Midnight poison is like that bad girl that everyone knows is having more fun than them and secretly wish they could be.

Love it.

guest_natasha
guest_natasha

i bought Midnight poison today... and damnnnnnn i can stop sniffin my wrist... its absofcking awesome.... When i first tested it at the mall on my wrist it was very strong,i went around in the mall... and after like ten minutes i smelled my wrist and i was enchanted... its so sexy, so seductive.. but feminine... this perfume is for the night... totally seductive.... love it!!!! i went back and grabbed a bottle... great price ... really longlasting... its been 6 hours and my wrist still smells amazing ;)
If you are daring enough... buy it... its not for the faint heart though!!

lynnroo
lynnroo

Oh I wanna tell you about my relationship with Midnight Poison. I've always stayed away from the Poison line by Dior, except for Pure Poison. About a year ago, I decided to give this one a try since the bottle was the best ever and the ad was very appealing and everything. So I sprayed it on and my first reaction was, oh it smells like vicks or ban-gay mixed with some weird aromas. A few minutes later, when I just smelt it again I was shocked cause it got me very excited which I wasn't expecting to be. To my nose now the scent was all interesting, sexy and somewhat wild. I've spent a lot of time searching for a perfume that was not cloying but woody, dark and sexy. A perfume that is fresh but neither citrusy nor soapy. Oh and not one that every single girl wears or wants to wear. This was it. With my skin chemistry, it is the perfect match. A couple of months later, I got my dark blue bottle as a gift and I'm totally in love.There are just a very few perfumes that I get a second bottle of. Today I got my second bottle and I'm very happy. I get tons of compliments and I feel so good when I wear Midnight Poison. Innocent but sexy, calm but wild, elegant but rockish, full of contradictions... like a woman who has/knows a little bit of everything, a wise woman who you wanna know more about. So special, so different but also very familiar and close. Use it for daytime office wear, special occasions like a wedding, for a fun night out, vacation, wherever you use it you'll make it your own. Use it with caution though, you know it's a poison, a powerful one.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I like this Poison but it was certainly not as exciting as the ad for it was. I found it to be an interesting, deep scent but it was very mild on my skin, not nearly as strong as the real Poison.

At the moment, there are so many other sexy deep scents out there that I wouldn't want to pay Dior prices for it. But then again I might actually give it another burl as a lot of reviewers below have said they didn't like it the first time. I might fall in love!

teedee
teedee

this is the best poison! blend of sweet amber with a hint of floral during the drydown is fantastic! so warm yet dark and lovely!

B_ildikoo
B_ildikoo

Although I usually keep away from migraine inducing strong perfumes, I found Midnight Poison very pleasant, not overwhelming at all. It is a cold, mysterious, yet feminine scent, nothing I ever smelled before. It keeps its refreshing coolness for many hours, it has great lasting power. Truly special. It on the top of my wish list.

boogeyyy
boogeyyy

first time i smelled: weird, too strong, dark, and poison.
second time i smelled: dark, still strong, masculine, oh damn.
third : SEXYYYYY!! but it's still strong..

Karen13
Karen13

Not my favorite Poison but still has a nice character - a little sharp but subdued by a muskier aroma. As with all the Poisons, it should be used sparingly as to not overwhelm. Now, if Dior would only release this in the amulet bottle so that I could complete my collection. ;)

nyoka
nyoka

A true masterpiece!!!!This just proves u dont have to have a ton of notes to be wonderful!The citrus beginning is sweet and fresh like ripe fruit.It evolves into a huge red rose opening its buds in the warm sun.The drydown is vanilla ,yes but,its no ordinary vanilla.This makes ur mouth water and u cant help but smile when u enjoy this.I have always loved poison,but,I love this even more.A very alluring ,sexy scent that can b worn by any age to any occasion.I think its true calling tho is a dark night with the sky full of stars and this is that lone shooting star that touches ur heart Lasts a very long time too.

iris_iris
iris_iris

This is beautiful. It's very creamy but not too much thanks to bergamot and orange. I also love the rose in it. I don't get that much spices as others, if I would I don't think I could wear it. In my opinion Elixir is the one with heavy spices(cinnamon!). MP is dark, mysterious, blue. Somewhere between Hypnotic and Pure poison I think. Unfortunately lasting power is poor on me, the same with sillage:( But I got this problem with almost every perfume, maybe except Lolita Lempicka so no suprise here... However I wear it now, when it's warmer so it doesn't fade away so fast, in fact it develops really nice on skin when not overapplied. I like it very, very much.

edit: now it's my signature scent since half a year already. And in my case this is long, believe me. It never disappoints me, I can wear it on a date, when I meet with friends, on special occasion or when I just want to relax and feel confortable. Though after this few months I heard several times that MP is very strong and WILD. i remeber that particular adjective popped out several times expecially from my male friends. I think it's because of this musculine edge that patch gives to this perfume. It makes it animalistic somehow.

Anyways, I love it and I'm not planning to stop ;)

edit2: ok, this is the 2 perfume in my life that I've repurchased. That has to mean something.

mrs.Bond
mrs.Bond

The first time it smelled like cough medicine.The second time it smelled like heaven.Let's see what the third time will be...

rmnelega
rmnelega

How should I begin my review? Are there any words to describe this heavenly masterpiece? If there are, then they're not in my vocabulary. What I still can express is the way Midnight Poison makes me feel...special, divine, refined, determined, powerful,feminine and the list is open. Should this be a conclusion: Dior is the best!

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

Midnight Poison is a very mysterious fragrance, I was so attracted by the ad video of the cinderella's midnight 12 o'clock story. Luckily, recently I got a 3ml spray sample and enjoyed it for 2 days.

On the first spray, my first impression of this "blue poison" was very close to what I had imagined on it: though the bergamot is out there, it's still a thick head note. Then the thick note just keeps on, the middle note is a very complicated mixture of several kinds of florals which I can't tell exactly what they are. And in the end it dry down to an adorable vanilla note.

Overall, it's a bold and sexy fragrance, though it's thick but never too strong. It could be a very feminie faragrance only on the right girl or woman.

bamboowu

Just adding to my post below......

I wore this one to a Easter gathering yesterday, and no lie, I kept getting one compliment after another. Everyone kept comming up to me asking me what I was wearing. I absolutely without a doubt, LOVE this one. It is my new very favorite perfume. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

bamboowu

I absolutely LOVE this beauty! This is one sexy/sultry fragrance, I think I have found something that is very special to me.

It is a beautiful rose, mixed with the citrus notes, bergamot, patchouli, amber and vanilla. The rose/patchouli blend is really spectacular and the combination blends together so perfectly and produces this nectar I find so very irresistable. The sweetness of the vanilla (without being overly sweet), a beautiful deep rose, how happy I am that I found this gem.

Sexy, seductive, intense, very feminine, I just think this one is truly amazing. Of the various Poison`s this one is my favorite (so far). I must say that the house of Dior never disappoints me - ever. I haven`t yet found a fragrance by them that I don`t like.

Definately a jewel of a fragrances, one that will always be part of my collection. On me it is most strong, so I think you need a light hand when applying this one.

Sillage is great on me and so is the lasting power.

I LOVE it very much. On a scale of 1-10 - I give it a 11

jae
jae

Now I know why Dior Homme didn't mix well with my skin chemistry - I was tailor-made for the Poisons!! What can I say? I LOVE IT!!! First of all, the rose/patchouli combo is always a smash hit on my skin. Next, I tend to have the best of luck with vanilla. I'm a guy, so bergamot and mandarin always work for me by default. I'm guessing that amber is what holds everything together in this fragrance. Whatever the case is, I LOVE IT!!!! This is magic.

efm
efm

I have stayed away from the Poison range since having an unfortunate exchange with the original in the 80"s. A department store hosted a function where several hundred women gathered. Each of us was sprayed liberally with Poison as we entered the room - it was more toxic than poisonous.

So with some trepidation I tried Midnight Poison.

Upon first contact I found it herbal and quite medicinal, interesting and not as unpleasant as my description sounds. When the top note settled the patcholi came through, softened and deepened with amber. Finally a soft earthiness developed with a touch of bergamont to keep it lifted.

I am a fan of Midnight Poison. It has the sexiness of a big oriental but the effect is not blatant, it smoulders rather than burns, a slow combustion sex bomb.

Opium

The best Poison out there for sure! WONDERFUL! :)))
Intriguing, Alluring, Mysterious, Sexy, Intoxicating, Provocative, Mystic, Dark, Seductive, Lingering, Sensual, Beautiful, Gothic........... Heavy Metal! HELL YEAH!

secretcrush
secretcrush

This is one sexy fragrance...The light citruses,rose,vanilla and amber are so well-blended, its almost impossible to identify one component alone w/o another distracting u immediately... Soft, sexy and long-lasting too!!!

guest_Spur des Tensors
guest_Spur des Tensors

I would say, this one is magical in a dark way and reminds me of vermouth. On my skin it smells more like patchouli mixed with some berries (they seem to smooth the patchouli heaviness a bit). It's definitely a sexy one, I even wear it in the daytime, usually giving a light spread on my wrist, then touching another one, and then the neck on both sides. One sniff is usually not enough to form an impression, so people tend to make another try (which eventually ends up in a compliment).
I should add that I don't like the original Poison/Pure Poison (the latter one being just a dull vanilla one with no depth).
However, one shouldn't wear it too often (it's like an enchanting song one can't get enough at first but when listening to it a thousand times suddenly gets tired).

guest_Tara
guest_Tara

To me this perfume smelled like insect spray and lemon rind. I could barely smell any floral or sweet undertones. I detest patchouli though. I love Hypnotic and pure poisons so much though I thought I'd give it a try. Perhaps I got a bad sample?

teetee
teetee

for me the best smell. Unluckily not for me.
It has everything, it is pure, strong, it changes during the day. Very special, remarkable and obviously luxurious.

But it requires a LOT of style. I wear mostly back dress, high-heeled shoes...but it is not enough. This fragrance is very sexy and you need to be more to wear it.

For me it s on a half way between pure and hypnotic poison, and most sofisticated from all this serie.
Strong, lasts for 2 days on clothes, 7 hours on (my) skin. I find the dryout quite spicy

Dark Curls

My fiance loves to nestle up to my neck when i wear this..i love to wear this when i don my corset, catty eye-liner, fishnets, gothic boots, bondage belt & choker..it blends perfectly with my gothic persona that comes alive at night. Smoldering..mysterious, spicy, darkly sexy. this one's a keeper!

I think this is an amazing fragrance. Smells like lemony coce to me. I know it sounds weird, but it is imply amazing to me. very fresh, sour, sweet and dark at the same time. Lovely!

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Don't know why I bought this it's not good, I think I liked it initially but noticed a cloying sickly sweet undertone which ruins the patchouli. Hypnotic and original poison are the best. This is overly sharp and I think the only sexy thing about it is the bottle oh, and of course Eva Green in the clever advertising. Lost this when I brought it to a party- hope someone else likes it more than me!!

poison

I made myself this fragrance a present in december for Christmas and from the first day I wore this, my friends and office colleagues told me that is very nice scent, very sexy..i receive compliments every time y wear this...
Midnight Poison could be a unisex perfume because is not very feminine..This is not a fragrance for shy ladies or for "good" girls, it is for strong, sexy girls...and why not boys...Very suitable for a rock bitch..
I love the top notes! long lasting fragrance! This is mesmerizng!

mmizy
mmizy

Just got this beautiful syrupy concoction and I like it very much! In the beginning there was this masculine edge to it but it quickly subsided. It smells like roses and patochuli stirred into a pot of simple syrup mixed with zests of oranges and lemons. You might think that by syrup you may think of heavy and thick but its quite fresh. Very interesting. Don't let the midnight blue bottle fool you. It can be worn more that just in the cold of winter. My favorite poison.

moonwalker
moonwalker

I tried it yesterday...the saleslady almost didn´t want to give it to me. She said it was too strong and that she doubted I would like it. Well, I did like it.

I don´t think it is a strong perfume at least not on me. It is a citrusy smell, bit smokey and metalic. I think it is very mysterious scent. Definitely something for femme fatale, very sexy smell but not in "I want to seduce you and cuddle" warm way...it´s more like "I don´t really care whether you think I am sexy but I know you find me very sexy" way :)

PS: Eva Green was a very good choice for this one...I saw her in the movie Cracks and I think this is THE perfume her character would wear in the movie.

EDIT: The more I wear it, the more I love it... very intriguing scent... I feel special, unique, mysterious when I wear it.

EDIT2: I wore at Guns N' Roses' concert yesterday and it was a perfect match. However, I noticed that it gives me a slight headache, nothing I could not handle but it is not a pleasant feeling. Even though, I still love the scent I think I will have to let it go.

EDIT3: OK, it probably depends on my mood or something but now there are no headaches.... and I got 3 back up bottles of the pre-2011 formulation.

Dark Curls

UPDATE: I finally received my mini bottle in the mail today. Just as I hoped, I love it! My fiance's reaction to it was both humorous and satisfying ;)
I was expecting it to smell similar to hypnotic poison, but they are like night and day. BEAUTIFUL fragrance and it lasts long as it is EDP. Love it!!

epiano
epiano

The first time I tried this I HATED it. It simply smelled awful to me- but that's what I get for smelling a bunch of perfumes at once (I was at the store...). After reading endless positive reviews I went back without trying other perfumes before, and everything changed-this is one beautiful perfume! I had to buy it, of course. It's gorgeous.

mymlan
mymlan

I have quite recently overcomed my prejudices regarding the original Poison (which IS a stunning beauty) and came across a sample of Midnight Poison:

I find it to be a wonderful fragrance. I don't find it strong (original Poison is strong) but not light either. It's rather deep and as someone wrote: "translucent": big but you want to have more of it. Another great beauty among the Poisons. Big dark velvety roses on a bed of patcholi and vanilla. A very sensual and simply adorable fragrance.

This is something I really would like to wear nights out or on a romantic dinner for two.

Dark Curls

I am very intrigued by this scent and cannot wait to get my sample. I have one thing to say though: why do people always mention that certain perfumes are best suited for "light-skinned" women??!! I don't understand a previous comment that this scent was repeatedly "bitter and awful" on brunettes or those with dark skin. PEOPLE! Every perfume varies from one woman's chemistry to the next- leave skin/hair color out of it! A similar idiotic comment was made regarding Issey Miyake, that it is best suited for light haired and light complected women. Issey Miyake smells ultra sexy on me, and judging how hypnotic poison does also, I believe Midnight Poison will too. I will follow up after I receive my sample...

zvoncica
zvoncica

The fame that Midnight Poison is strong and heavy scent isn’t true. At least not to my perception.

From my skin beautiful light rose mixed with citruses radiated around me. There is also massively disliked patchouli, in this case tender enough to spice up the receipt but not ruin it. Midnight Poison isn’t even warm scent in full meaning of the word, I detected pronounced “cold” note resembling to menthol in first hour wearing it. I felt like someone is blowing cold air up my hand. After that scent becomes creamy and transforms into real oriental, although never strong and warm as other oriental are.

If I can use only one word to describe Midnight Poison I would definitely say it’s Magical. There are no siblings of this perfume laying around, it is truly one of a kind.

Probably the Good Witch of North from the Land of Oz is wearing it. :)

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

Tried it yesterday. The saleslady said it is a very strong perfume...it did not seem that way on me. I liked it, but after a few minutes on my wrist it started to smell like soap??? I was also disappointed by its lack of lasting power on me. The Pure Poison seems to last longer, on me anyways.

vinesy
vinesy

Everytime i wear this fragrance, every man comments on how amazing I smell! Definitely an incredibly sexy fragrance! I love its dark and mysterious nature. I am allergic to so many perfumes, but I am so glad that I am not allergic to this one! My all time fav fragrance!

Nicole79
Nicole79

...Intresting fragrance. The first time i test it i put Midnight on one wrist and Addict on the other !

And...i said hmmm Addict...flowery, powdery, nice....a bit borring thow...but Midnight...wow...this is interesting for sure...so...cool, dry...a bit dark but not heavy , more airy , a bit masculine also with a mentholated note! yes ! must be the patchouli ! Very woody. ***A modern fragrance.
Pretty strong and long lasting !

Juma
Juma

It's my first review and it is for my temporary favourite, Midn.Poison. I love it for cold days. But at first I smell some fruit, some berries and grapefruit and in the middle very sweet rose. Drydown is very musky on my skin. Cooworker said it is the most sexiest fragrance he ever smelled.

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

I didn't smell rose in the middle. How can this be?

The drydown was gorgeous, like all Poisons, they all have something similar in their drydowns -- and unique, nothing else has it.

But I didn't get any rose... only cinnamon candy. I will have to stick with some different poison, not this one.

Bellatrix
Bellatrix

I've tested it long time ago and I didn't like it. Yesterday I've got miniature and it was heaven. Some people say that this smell is not for Cinderella but it is - if you picture Gothic Cinderella in velvet dress.
I must admit that I cannot believe that this mix of notes could make something like this. I don't feel rose at all.
I just feel elegance and dark sweet, very very sexy scent.
I am receiving compliments all day.

notme
notme

It's absolutely DIVINE, EXQUISITE, of ULTIMATE ELEGANCE. It's mesmerising, breathtakig, lovely, subtle yet powerful, a perfect and impressive fragrance. It's so distinct and elegant that no other perfume can state these qualities better. I would expect only a godess to smell like this . Absolutely gorgeous, perfect!

melozberk
melozberk

After two years of admiring period I finally found the courage to buy it. It has been my favorite poison ever. Not as much daring as Hypnotic, not as excessively flowery and powdery as Pure or Tender. Ok I agree it has a masculine side but I believe that this is a way of the modern woman which she has to have, so it fits to strong, self-confident woman of the day, but still is enjoying the romance. It has a fresh start also goes on the skin all day long, patchouli mostly but a nice combination with rose giving the romantic part. I observed that it gives awful results on dark/brunette skins which has a strong natural smell, turning into a very bitter note. On lightest skin, blondes and scarlets I like most, smells more refreshing even. So test on your skin and leave one day to see before you buy it. Suitable for everyday - work life with a limited use.

It's so strange for me that so many new feminine scents in the latest years go either towards a harsh masculine edge or an extra sugar-gourmand one, both choices falling on a side or the other of that narrow line that is balance and elegance.
Midnight Poison belongs to the harsh-masculine side.
The super-hyped and unbearable Hypnotique Poison falls the the sickengly sweet-chemical side.
Then again Pure Poison is in the harsh after-shave trend.
And now this Midnight Poison...
I still own the original Poison from the '80s and it was a totally different thing. Strong, sweet, big, but it didn't hit me on my nervous system like these last Dior's creations.
Why perfumers are not able to make a good scent anymore? Is it just my taste? Was it so difficult for Dior to make it a little less harsh, more accurate and slightly more floral instead that a block of patchouli thrown on your head?
The idea wasn't bad, the actual thing doesn't stand up to its price.

truffles

Gee I really am a sucker for those blue glass bottles. This bottle is really beautiful, dark, holdable and lovely. The perfume itself has topnotes which don't immediately beguile me - a bit too Diorsy, a bit all over the place, but it fades down to a beautiful and unusual incense smell which makes it worthwhile for me.

taydev

this fragrance smells a bit masculine and i smell menthol or something. it smells ok though i guess. im still intrigued at how complex it is.

taydev

very strong perfume, even with the smallest spritz it smothers you with its fragrance. i definetly smell "darkness" lol. i cant deny that it is mysterious and very unique. even tho i am not a fan i continue to sniff and wonder....

Midnight Poison is quite a fascinatingly complex scent.

The scent itself is rather heavy and strong. There is an intriguing blend of amber, spices, patchouli, citrus and classic rose throughout.

At first sniff you realise that this is something different, something mysterious. You'll find yourself overwhelmed by dark, woodsy undertones, exotic spices and a syrupy-like sweetness.

There's a certain sense of masculinity in this fragrance, however with that being said, I do still think this scent wears well on women. Midnight Poison commands attention. It is bold, dark, sensual, smooth, dramatic and intriguing.

I particularly love the smokey, almost 'incensey' quality this fragrance creates when worn on the skin. The dark, midnight blue coloured bottle certainly portrays what is yet to come, a potent potion for the brave and daring woman.

Midnight Poison is a long-lasting and incredibly tempting fragrance that is difficult to resist.

jellybeantree

In the beginning it is lush dark and mysterious and so vigilant. It just keeps getting stronger and stronger and the patchouli takes over and it becomes very strong. I felt like I was drowning! P.S. I love strong scents but this one I can't get into!

poppy_vanderbilt
poppy_vanderbilt

Ok...It's kind of like vics vapo rub with patchouli...even though that doesn't sound great somehow to me it kind of worked...i will never wear this it is much too powerful and strong for me but i can see where for the right person it could be a very good fragrance... i would say if you are looking for something truly "Goth" try this one....staying power lasts forever as i have found for most Dior fragrances....This is something i could imagine on a beautiful sexy mysterious confident vampiress

amelie

I love this blue monster,quite seductive,warm and somewhat mystical.
I smell the currant or some very fine dark bitter-sweet jam, after an hour or two becomes very interesting, reminiscent of men's cologne, but only for a moment and then is actually the most attractive.
Smells like a good wine to me, even with some dark plum added,but unfortunately to enjoy the fragrance you must be quite close to a person, unlike Dolce Vita that spread like a cloud. And maybe strange-an excellent perfume for a good night.

magie
magie

I rarely can wear a fragrance with patchouli at it's heart,but this one is divine. I love the dark and sexy rose at the center. Other than Pure Poison this is the best Poison.

guest_Alice.E.
guest_Alice.E.

would you mix prunes with roses? and than boil it? yes, a compote.

not bad, but not interesting at all.

yet this is the nicest poison. the rest are way to uni and weird. some smells, but not perfumes.

sky76sky
sky76sky

1st sniff: a poisoned cough syrup! (Horror!)

2nd sniff: candied, deep rose (better!)

3rd sniff: whoa! Rein in the patchouli (jingle-jangle!)

4th sniff: thin, yet deep, dark yet tranlucent, feminine rose meets tamed patchouli stirred into a pot of treacly sugar syrup (seductive!)

5th sniff: Mmmm, cosy vanilla, a rose with a hint of red-berry fruits & a touch of bitter woods... smooth as silk, yet rich like a liqueur (perfect dry-down for a dark rose)

Not something I would choose for myself, but enjoyable none-the-less. Great scent for a fruity-floral gal who wants to move into florientals, or rose-lovers who want to impress on a nightout.

Interestingly, not as dark, deep & daring as I had imagined (it could easily work in the office)....I had hoped for a true, midnight "gothic rose"....add incense & you may have caught me sampling this poison.

ktv0926
ktv0926

Love it! Wonderfully intriguing and yes dark and deep! It is a little bit sharp and masculine, but still soo delicious...well, at least for my taste.

Fragrance
Fragrance

I got this last week,and at the first spray it wasn't very attractive .
but when it dry down ... :) WOW....:)
This is so dark and yet soo deep,
It definitely whispers u the darkest secrets of mid night...
I like it alot..but i can't explain y i like it excatly ....
bt may be coz of the mysterious feeling around me when i wear it....
Thanks Dior.. :)

Aalia
Aalia

Perfumista Advisory- Contains Unfavorable Review Contents...look away if Dior Midnight Poison is your passion!
The opening mandarin and bergamot are sharp, sour, and incongruent. I do love citrus top notes, always, but here, some how, some way, they were ruined. The rose is kind of a "pop" rose, also candy coated, pronounced. The french vanilla stands out the most, syrupy...The patchouli and amber, wich could give some spice of life and sophistication, just aren't lively enough for me. The first testing for me was awful. It was, even, repulsive at first, but after the top notes disappeared it was dull, typical, so, at least no longer a torture to wear. The second testing...today.. the mandarin is much better, but still the citrus opening is not as wonderful as it should be, and, itś still overywhelmingly sweet, sweet, sweet, and the french vanilla makes me think of an expensive cappucino with lots of industrialized aromitizing flavorings & additives. My hoosband says he likes the smell of it in the air.. Not too exciting, not too interesting, I don't even find it unique. I'm glad, however, that it brings happiness to many others out there, enjoy, enjoy...

HelloLovely27
HelloLovely27

i am in love with this fragrance
it has such an amazing character
it's sweet sensual and dark but at the same time
it is not draining it has sparks the keep it light and interesting, kind of light a night sky at first all you see is dark and mysterious, but then you can see sparks of light coming from the stars and soon enough the whole night sky seems to be bright and lighting up all around you!
It is so feminine even if it is deep and slightly spicy.
So gorgeous and i can't get enough of it!

MoietToi
MoietToi

I really like this scent. It's very sexy and it instantly reminds me of Agent Provocateur (the original perfume). I don't think this is a sweet scent at all. This scent is very dark,lingering and seductive. I can hardly smell the rose at all allthough I seem to mostly woods and spice.

Denyze
Denyze

Makes me feel matured. Finally got my hands on it during my summer vacation. I loved the way the bergamot, rose and amber blended, gave me quite a kick =)

allexa27
allexa27

For me Elle Ysl and Midnight poison are veeery similar.I prefer Elle becaus eit is a lil bit sweeter.Bu tthats just my opinion.Midnight is just great though

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Such a great smell,i didn`t know how good this was until i sprayed it on me.Its dark,sexy and you feel great wearing it.Its not like the other poison smells because it feel kinda more fruity and fresher.And it gets just better and better,this one is high on my wishlist!

guest_RRCOOLMAMA2
guest_RRCOOLMAMA2

Fresh? How can any Poison be fresh? LOL!!About this MP, I love it! Warning not for the faint of heart- this is no bubble gum girlie scent, this is for the victorian corset loving temptress or any women who's chemistry fit this scent. That would be me, my skin love this MP. I hate vanilla with a passion however somehow my skin and nose doesn't get any Sweetness of vanilla. Very good for me.

falovalo
falovalo

Bergamot, rose and musk. Soft and seductive at the same time. While wearing it, I can close my eyes and see a beautiful woman skulking through a field adorning a midnight blue gown, as her love awaits to feel her embrace with the over hanging moon guiding her way with soft silvery beams.

This does have a tendency to be masculine, so it's definitely not for everyone. If you want quiet and sweet, this isn't it.

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

i think this one is enigmatic. very smooth and dark with sharp and bright edges. it even seems both classic and modern at the same time to me.

Annie_D
Annie_D

I like others fell for pure poison first, this is also a perfume you MUST spray on your skin! Be brave and just do it!
The lovely poison first opens with dark citrus I sense the patchouli almost from the very begining. At first it is a little startling, but it settles down into the most intense rose, almost like a rose with extra thorns, dark mysterious but so pretty you have to smell it! The patchouli and rose mix and settle on the skin in such a glorious way.

This is definitely an evening scent, so alluring and sexy...I love it and I am so surprised! Definitely a must have in a woman's perfume wardrobe. Dark and sensuous! YUM!

spiral279
spiral279

i find it alluring, full of mystery...really seductive. my partner absolutely loves it & says it smells like a dark cloudless night, veiled in mystery

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

This is my second favorite scent of the "Poison" range (following "Pure Poison"). "Midnight Poison" breaks with the very 1980's heaviness of the original "Poison", injecting a much drier, almost masculine note to the drydown without loosing the seductiveness of the original.I enjoy this Poison more than the "Hypnotic" version because the vanilla doesn't overwhelm the rest of the composition, but rather warms the basenotes by taking the edge off of them. A good special occasion frag with enough personality to stand out from the crowd.

I'm not a fan of poison and this one doesn't match my chemistry just like the others.
it's very warm and strong at the first sniff and the rose is very original here.not a mild rose,but a very dominant sweet and powdery rose.it gives me the idea of a cruel mistress who's looking for a victim to kill.she must be brutal and sensual,but not kind nor romantic.
so they've chosen the right name.it's the midnight poison.the poison the lovers will drink and fall while the brutal lady was making them believe she loves them!

michellehii
michellehii

Very mysterious, sexy, sensual and yet playful fragrance Suitable for a night out party :D I love this the most, among all Dior. Strong and long lasting.

guiwings
guiwings

it´s magic, mysterious. It makes me dream and wishing to be like Eva green on the add.

It's not a everyday perfume. I actually inly use it in special days.

Kama
Kama

I disagree with adves87 about Midnight Dior...I think it's quite fresh compared to the other Poisons - it's younger, fresher, not "old lady"like...it has a lot of patchouli and maybe it is what some people dislike.. but it is not intense or strong!!! It isn't really, or at least, not once the top notes fade. As for the name Midnight Poison it is a bit dark but it is not at all rich or heavy. I wear it happily and find it very sexy, intriguing scent for the evening or going out...

Migotka
Migotka

The first impression is not great to be honest, I can always smell this chemical note, kind of medical. But if you give it time to develop, it becomes splendid, deep, intriguing.
I love the commercial for it, it really manages to show the true spirit of this fragrance.

kahokero
kahokero

Men love this one. I first smelled this because my brother sprayed the tester onto a ribbon in a department store and brought the ribbon to me (I was in a different section of the store)saying that it smelled so nice. I didn't pay too much attention at that time, but later I developed a fondness for this perfume. It is strong and was the first of its kind when it came out (Now Gucci has imitations of this).
My dad also likes this one. He said a lot of the perfumes make him feel dizzy, but this one doesn't make him feel unwell at all.

SandraS
SandraS

This lovely and sexy! Not a fan of Poison this one is a nice surprise.The freshness of the citrus note blend well with the sweetness of vanilla and amber.
Deceptively simple it catches you off guard and before you know it you are traped. Great for romantic and evening wear!

azuriiita
azuriiita

At the beginning, this smell a lot of pachouli for my nose, not too citrus (nice!)... not too "midnight"... not very pleasant at all for me.
But... the dry down... yesss :) Its sensual and attractive, the amber in this its very pleasant, delightful!.
For my taste, its not like a dark midnight... its more close to a starry evening wearing a beautiful veil :)

Boggi
Boggi

Everytime I put this one I get suprised of how nice a creation this is. You have to like patsjuli to like this one. The amber is lovely, almost juicy. The fragrance is heavy, but at the same time very fresh. It lasts a long-long-long time and it gets better by the hour. It is one of my favorites, but unfortunatly this one gives me headace once in a while (I am very sensitive).

kurisu
kurisu

Tell you the truth,I always hate original poison,it's a sillage monster and too much of everything.And it make me afraid of all poison line...until now.I read a lot of good reviews about Midnight Poison,which make me curious and want to try it.Wow! it's totally different.Midnight is powerful but elegance at the same time.For me it have a sharp "cool"scent in the opening and follow by sexy musky with a bit powdery in the end.This might be my first Poison that I could buy it!

Natalia78
Natalia78

What a bliss.
I thought i will never find anything more exciting than Gucci by Gucci, that would surround me with a smooth, smokey and creamy veil but this fragrance actually does it well.
Fruity and zesty in first notes, magically turns into an explosive and seductive mixture of patchouli and amber smoothed by soothing vanilla.
I guess Cinderella story promoting that scent was a perfect match.This fragrance turns into a fairytale like experience after few hours of wearing it.Love it!

Svetoslava
Svetoslava

Today, I've smelled it for the first time.....only plums, sweet dark plums...very strange, and now I found out that there is no plum in the fragrance notes...

&RY
&RY

When I smelt it for the first time I said: "Oh my God! This is a great fragrance"...
It's intense, alluring, intoxicating, long lasting, luxurious, oriental and spicy in the same time, for evening use...
I like the mix between bergamot, rose, orange and patchouli...
This is A MUST perfume...

amanda

i use it for the fal/winter time, i think it suits quite good for bad weather, its warm and elegant and strong but doesent shout out and even if it overpowers other wont cause headacke

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

Finally, a worthy successor to the original Poison. Very dry patchouli, rose, and woods, the drydown is tres sexy. It's an elegant perfume best reserved for evenings. Go easy, though - this one could easily overpower everything around you!

sultanija
sultanija

This is great perfume, when I tried him it was love on first sight. I like the fact that on my skin he is so dark and deep, not sweet and not masculine at all. Something in this perfume attract me so much. I have only 2 objection for him, he is not so lasting on me and he is skin perfume, he doesn't have aura. But in spite of this, this perfume is one of my favorite. To simplify, this perfume is me.

amanda

First time i sprayed it on the testing paper it smelled like plasticine, but when i tried it on myself it smelled quite good, but i wouldnt have bought it, it was a gift for my mother but she didnt like it, on her it smelled like on the paper, but on me it was better, so now its mine;) and i like it though it cant be worn often because its not a very simple scent, not for everyday use

benzippo
benzippo

Nothing special nor outstanding on this one but for my point of view, still tons better than the earlier version of the so called "Pure Poison", which to me is a real disaster made worst with a misfit name.

Lasting power is not there for me....

Candra
Candra

Love it! In my opinion it's the best poison fragrance. It's very strong, so apply it with a light hand. It's a perfect evening fragrance or a winter fragrance.

scenthound
scenthound

I bought this one from Sephora without even smelling it because it wasn't out in Canada yet. I just had to have it! It is a bit heavy at first. It's very spicy and has that spruce-beer-like quality that I like about Hypnotic Poison (just my nasal interpretation). It's a long-lasting scent with a very sexy, sophisticated dry down. A little goes a long way. I wouldn't wear this in the summer because it could be too heavy and leave you feeling a bit overwhelmed.

LuckysGirl
LuckysGirl

At first spray, it's not particularly attractive. However, if you give it a few minutes, it starts to soften and it loses its medicinal smell. It becomes quite attractive and sexy. Don't use too much because it's quite strong. If you want to make an impression, this is the perfume for you. It's on my "to buy" list.

Aiona

Agreed, KeLLStar. I kept the card I sprayed it on, and by the next day, it smelled more floral, much less offensive, and I could no longer smell the strong patchouli and Ben-Gay. Thanks for listing the notes that assaulted me. It's good to know.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

This first spray which I'm guessing is the patchouli/bergamot/orange smells rather like a sweet "Vicks Vapor Rub" - which might scare some people away. If you brave the "Vicks" out, it steps back, rewarding you with a beautiful soft floral, rose/vanilla scent.

This is not an everyday perfume for me but when I'm in the right mood - I absolutely love it! It's gorgeous for Winter or cooler days.

Definitely recommended!

Aiona

I wanted to like this perfume, because the video on YouTube is so intriguing. But when I sprayed it on a card, it smelled like Ben-Gay. The lady at the counter warned me, "It smells better on skin than on the card, more musky." I think that was supposed to sell me, but it didn't. I want a scent to smell just as good on me as on my stationery! But I sprayed it on me anyway. Woo-ee! 'Didn't like it. 'Don't know what notes are in it. 'Just didn't like it. And then when I tried to wash it off. . . I was able to remove the Ben-Gay smell, but was left with nothing but patchouli which wouldn't come off with soap and water! (I hate patchouli!)

lillybee
lillybee

The latest addition to the 'Poison' arsenal I tried out of curiosity is a surpise! Don't be taken in by this seemingly innocent 'infusion of rose, patchouli and amber' statement written in the advert and on the tester bottle. It is actually a quite complex, full-blown composition, which gives out its notes over time changing gradually from one to another, back and forth, while still retaining the same sweet - spicy -woody character. If you're interesed which notes I am talking about, here's what I can detect: fleety bergamot, oozing rose, patcholi and amber, at the base sweet and soft amber. So what you get is a velvety, slightly powdery spice bomb.. luxurious indeed!
It is a strong essence (eau de parfum) but much much lighter than any other 'Poison'. I mean lighter as in 'heaviness' not as in 'density'. In fact it doesn't resemble any 'Poison'. This perfume has its own character and would deserve its own name. The product is very-well marketed and would appeal to a wide audience. The price can be off-putting though as it is going at £29.99 per 30 ml eau de parfum in the high street.

sandrina_bambina
sandrina_bambina

Its dark and seductive, with masculine hint and spicy heart with specific notes of rose. Its perfect for midnight!

zoka
zoka

Yes, it is good! i've tried to recognize the note of previous Poisons in it, but it suddenly became so dark and intriguing, with woodsy and spicy heart, and dark rose in it. It contains masculine note to highlight its femininity.

magda
magda

it's the sexiest fragrance i ve tried since a long time! looking forward to buy it!

2007

Midnight Poison by Dior 3.88 out of 5 based on 2618 ratings and 427 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Midnight Poison fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Midnight Poison, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Midnight Poison by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Midnight Poison by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.