Designers » D E » Chypre Fruity « Groups

Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum Dior for women

Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum Dior for women
dislike

I have it: 1246 I had it: 385 I want it: 802 My signature: 83

Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum Dior for women Videos Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum Dior for women Videos
Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum Dior for women Pictures Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum Dior for women Pictures Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum Dior for women Pictures

New version of Miss Dior Cherie EDP is arriving on the market soon and will be announced with a new advertising campaign featuring charming Natalie Portman.

This is a new version which is more subtle and charming that the edition from 2005. The new edition is being created by Francois Demachy who combines essences to contribute to more sophisticated presentation of Dior's Cherie. Dior's girl is grown up and is now a woman who loves! Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum was launched in 2011.

Mandarin Orange Wild Strawberry

Miss Dior Couture Edition

Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

AuraeliaBee
AuraeliaBee

on me, this is so similar to la vie est belle edp but just slightly more fruity than sweet.

sanjeewani
sanjeewani

When I tried this long ago it didn’t got my enough attention to buy a full bottle but when I did shopping yesterday I wanted to try this again to check what I have missed, because it got plenty of glowing reviews and pop up in time to time in discussion forum

Well I got what I have missed and purchased 100ml bottle, I know I know this isn't neither breath taking nor sexy glamorous or whatever but it’s simply amazing just like girl next door. You have seen her pretty much of all in your life without noticing how beautiful is she and suddenly you realize she is one in a kind now what you want is spend rest of your life with her. This is what I get from miss dior Cherie

Opening to dry down what I got is well blended nice frutchouli, at the time of dry down i got little bit sweet this stays around 6hrs+ on my skin

Only dangerous thing is this will make you wanna try all the frutchouli out there but this one is the best of all just IMHO.

(According to batch code mine was manufactured on December 2010 )

arenee92
arenee92

I have loved this fragrance since I was a young teenager. I remember spraying it onto my sheets and thinking how luxurious and sophisticated it smelled. Now that I'm older, and have an appreciation for this perfume, it's only fair to do a review. Miss Dior Cherie is a sophisticated, expensive, luxurious woman. She is beautiful, elegant, soft, feminine. The opening of this scent is strong, heavy. Sweet patchouli dominates. But it only takes a matter of seconds for the sweet jasmine, orange, and woody notes to take over, coming together in one beautiful, sexy smell. This smells very expensive, and extremely beautiful.

nawele5
nawele5

to me this has nothing to do with oriens of Van Cleef

Domenica23
Domenica23

this is so sexy, it sticks, it's juicy, elegant and puts u in a good mood in a flash. The body lotion also is great, altogether a mood buster for u and your friends. Will probably have to rebuy it soon, very sweet smell.

Mistressvoodoodolly
Mistressvoodoodolly

I have the 2005 version and love the strawberry and caramel popcorn notes. I have plenty of non-fruity perfume so once in a while I like a gourmand. It's not syrupy sweet on me. I get compliments on it like I smell delicious and edible. It also has a long-lasting drydown. The 2011 and the latest are not creative or unique.

simplyaven
simplyaven

My most favourite perfume ever. I seem to be one of the few who don't find it so sweet. In fact, the reason why I absolutely love it is the bitter note I've always felt in it. It's a bitter-sweet pleasure for me, reminds me of glorious summer nights in late August when the feeling of approaching end gets stronger. It's the only perfume I've had with such a dualistic nature and I'll miss it the older versions.

irenesa

I still don't get how This version of Miss Dior Cherrie can even relate to la vie est belle?? To me they are nothing alike. This is a "fruitchouly" soapery like.

People, please read the description, this version is from 2011, not 2005. This perfume is discontinued now i think the new version is called "Miss Dior" and the notes are very different.

odisse

I so regret that I decided to sell this wonderful gem. I missed it so much that I bought the new Miss Dior, which isn't the same though in a tiny way it sort of reminds me of this one. The new Miss Dior is more related to Coco Mademoiselle which is unfortunate since CM makes me want to barf. I'm hoping to get my hands on the 2005 version which I hope won't let me down.

kismetdaisy
kismetdaisy

I love this!! Sweet, sophisticated, pretty. I thought I disliked miss dior, but apparently I didn't try hard enough with it before;) love at first sniff. Caramel, strawberry(in the most non-synthetic way possible.). The strawberry is the dominating nite in this 'fume, and this is strawberry done right!! Miles of strawberry fields, juicy, sweet, and fresh. Slight ambery patchouli and jasmine:) there's this zing to miss Dior, it's very refreshing while also retaining a welcome sweetness and powdery vibe as well. It smells expensive. One of the most feminine perfumes i own. This review will have to do, this scent is so lovely and complex, to the point where it's just too hard to describe. The one way I may be able to describe this is if I were to compare it to chocolate cake dessert after just eating a big dinner. Rich, decadent, tempting.. But you're just too full to eat it..t perhaps a little "too rich" at the moment. But next time, you'll be making sure to have dessert first so you won't miss that chocolate cake. Miss Dior is not an everyday scent, it's a perfume you will want to occasionally indulge..I would definitely so wear this to a special occasion;)
Perfection!! That strawberry...Wow! But--may I just say that, all of these chypre fruity frags kind of end up smelling the same after awhile. I still really like this, though!

blogsimonette
blogsimonette

I. AM. SO. SAD. Why did Dior have to do this to me?!? Didn't they realize what a gem they had in this heavenly scent? Luckily, though, Zara Textures Water Lilly is really similar to Miss Dior Cherie, so I have something to fill the gap.

Luthien999
Luthien999

This scent is full of contradictions! Elegant, classy, chic and mature and on the other hand full of fun, flirty, girly and playful. Very well done, Dior! =)

ellaquintero
ellaquintero

Plain strawberry with something really synthetic, I don't like it at all :/
But also, I'm not sure I tested this one or the one with caramel. In any case, I don't find anything special about it.

MonicaNikki
MonicaNikki

I really love this scent. It's one of those that you spray on your wrists and you can't quote stop smelling yourself. I begged my husband to buy it for me as he wasn't too impressed with it in the store. Well on me, he basically has the same reaction... He thinks it's ok but too powdery.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

I just don't know... I have this perfume, and the toilette - AS WELL as the le parfume (which is the best). They're popular, and smell 'nice'. But I know if the exact fragrance was released by a less expensive brand, or basically not by a designer brand like Dior, I wouldn't give it a second sniff.

Erikafika
Erikafika

I still like the smell of this one. But now, in my late 20s, I feel like it's too girly for me...

Openeyes
Openeyes

A coworker was wearing this and i thought it smelled nice, although she had too much on. I asked what it was she told me it was "misty whore". I kid you not..she finally told me what it was really called and said her sister calls it misty whore. Say Miss Dior out loud and it does sound like that. So funny! Anyway I like the scent in moderation.

Steph1323201
Steph1323201

Reminds me of the old 90's Sunflowers perfume I used to have as a kid. pretty yet a bit outdated scent for me.

hollyms
hollyms

I'm confused, this says it was released in 2011 and yet I cannot find this anywhere. I want the Miss Dior Cherie, not Miss Dior. Where can I buy it? :(

At first it is nice, but nothing extraordinary, like many other nice fragrances. But, after about 2 hours, it starts to be totally charming on my skin. A bit sweet, a bit warm, very well balanced, and so tempting, seductive, alluring, that it is hard to believe. Beautiful fragrance, best for autumn or spring, cause it can be a bit too fresh for winter, and a bit too warm for hot summer.

Lali_7
Lali_7

I tried to like this perfume since it was a present, unfortunately, not my cup of tea. To me this is Coco Mademoiselle topped with some kind of berry. Very strong, rich scent, yet girly. To me these kind of scents are a little outdated. The lasting power is amazing though; it won't get off until you give yourself a good scrub.

MilicaaR
MilicaaR

The opening of Miss Dior Cherie is exactly the same like Coco Mademoiselle. I was so shocked because of the similarity, and a little bit disappointed, because I expected more from Dior. But a couple of minutes later, Miss Dior completely transformed. It suddenly became gorgeous, elegant perfume. Flirty but mature at the same time. I can feel strong patchouli, and a hint of jasmine. I can't really feel any of the other notes. And it smells kind of smoky to me, I don't know why. But smoky in a good way. Overall, it's really classy, and simply beautiful.:)

Niaou Gav-Gav
Niaou Gav-Gav

What pops immediately to my mind when I smell or think about miss dior cherie is that this one is little drops of heaven gathered into this refined bottle! It's classy, delicate, girly, sweet, cute, sexy! For me it's the smell of hapiness! When I'm wearing I just love myself and the whole world around me!

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

I really do enjoy this perfume. It smells classy, warm, cosy and a little woodsy and citrusy with just a touch of sweetness in there. Good for everyday wear, extremely pretty bottle as well.

Beautymist
Beautymist

Great chypre perfume, but oh! so similar to "Chloé, l'eau de Chloé", which I already have.

Profumanta
Profumanta

Gorgeous perfume, I loved it!

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

at first spray ot is very strawberry. kind of artificial strawberry. then i get rose, jasmine, and patchouli. i dont get any orange. i would describe it as pink, a grown up pink, not a baby pink. its a little too feminine for me. i think its sophisicated enough to wear to work. for me this is a 30+ yr fragrance, or if you are getting married. not overly sweet, so while its not something i would buy if i got iy as a gift i would wear it. springtime in the day fragrance.

a few hours later i can pick up the sandalwood and amber. they add some nice depth that make this really nice and i would almost buy it. my husband was pretty meh about this. he said it smelled floral with a little strawberry.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I finally tried this version out today. I was anxious to test it as I also have (and love) the new Miss Dior. I wanted to compare the two. I know there are many ladies that prefer this version as opposed to the new Miss Dior as many tend to love the fruity strawberry note in this one that is missing in the new Miss Dior. Going against popularity, I actually like the new Miss Dior better than this version of Miss Dior Cherie. I prefer the more unisex smelling Miss Dior with it's stronger patchouli over the sweeter (due to the strawberry) Miss Dior Cherie although I have to say it's probably because I'm a guy and the more masculine smelling one just suits my skin chemistry better. Miss Dior Cherie is nice though. It's still better than half of what's out there for women nowadays. Dior knows how to make a "mean" perfume! Now that this version is discontinued, the new version is still close enough to this one that you don't have to stop buying and wearing it altogether. Still, you should always try it out for yourself first before commiting to a full bottle as Dior prices are a reflection of their product (meaning it's not cheap!)

kris919
kris919

I have a 100% full 100ml bottle. with box. this is the 2011 version. I prefer niche, dark, spicey, gourmand, unisex type scents or anything on my want list. PM me with any offers. thanks

bluepistachio

I love this. The beginning is lovely and fruity. Smells like strawberries and tangerines. Dries down to a mysterious vetiver. It's so playful and sophisticated. Can wear it anywhere and feel confident. Compliment getter as well!!!!!!

M.Golightly
M.Golightly

I always believe that fragrances reflect the person wearing them and that is why some of us are drawn to sweet fragrances and some to musky ones.

Yes this is fun sweet fragrance. I keep one in store just in case I have days that I feel bubbly (?) and PINK. I love the patchouli base/ dry down and I think I am getting more friendly now with its sweet opening. I think it does aim for the young or the young at heart crowd.

When I wear this I feel light..................Young and Feminine.

2months later:

Im writing an updated review 2months after I first encountered this parfum. 2 months ago my nose was really not so keen to its sweet opening but 2 months ago I was more drawn to everything citrus and my nose was not as sensitive or 'nosy enough'.

This parfum comes across as you either Love it or Hate it. I Love It. Im that someone who isn't really a big fan of super sweet opening it just repels me oblivion. This on the other hand I later/now discovered is toned down with regards to its sweet cord. Toned down by the patchouli and yes I do love the right dosage of patchouli in my fragrance too.

This works very well in my skin. Still very feminine with a tint of powdery edge which I love. I still keep this for 'PINK' flirty days because this is how I see this reformulated parfum.

odisse

I think I love this one. I've tried the Miss Dior Chérie edt and Miss Dior edt, thinking I wouldn't like the edp. I thought it would be too heavy, but I'm so glad I decided to buy this one just to try it (can't stop myself from blind buying!). The Chérie edp is such a great composition of, to me, patchouli, citrus and dried strawberries. Spritzing my wrists and neck early in the morning, I still smell it on my skin - now 13 hours later...

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

Damn. I've been having such a good run with Dior lately...but this one just isn't meant to be.

I tried this years ago and I remember scrubbing it off very quickly, but I figured I would try it again today and unfortunately nothing has changed...scrubbed it off, yet a faint smell of it still remains - will try to get it off all together after I've finished this review LOL.

I *loathe* Chanel COCO Mademoiselle with a passion, I view it as headache inducing baby pink poison haha. Miss Dior Cherie, on me, smells exactly like Mademoiselle - with an added rotting Strawberry note thrown in for good (*cough* I mean bad) measure.

Cherie is obviously long lasting - which I'm sure is fantastic for women who love this. It's also got excellent projection and a very pretty bottle. That's where the positives end for me though.

I absolutely LOVE Miss Dior Cherie L'eau - it's one of my favourites. I also love many other Dior perfumes and treasure them proudly, but sadly Miss Dior Cherie can't and won't be included.

*TRY BEFORE YOU BUY* (Trust me).

Update: This WON'T, as in REFUSES, to wash off me. It's even putting me off my Strawberries for dessert tonight. FML.

polkadotcat
polkadotcat

My perfect companion for long walks in the last summer days, sunny, windy with some coldness, bright flowers and clear blue sky. Sadness and nostalgy, as it should feel in the autumn. The other day it gave a terrible headache, not sure what it'll be like next time, so I won't buy another bottle anymore, but it definetely has its own nature.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

This perfume turns very patchouli and masculine on me, and I don't feel as though the fruits are helping to balance out the patchouli load, so in turn, the strawberry smells tart- I am tending not to like this much because I wish it wore a tad sweeter on my skin. And by the way I love scents with patchouli, just not a huge fan of this one.

The strawberry and mandarin turn very syrupy in a cloying way and I am reminded, like the previous reviewer, of Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, although I do agree that this is indeed a more bubbly version of that scent, smelling less serious. Again I am not a fan of coco mademoiselle- gave my bottle to my mom and she loves it and it suits her chemistry well.

EDIT: All in all my favorite version of the MDC line is definitely the Le Parfum. It is more ambery-vanilla and less cloying and tart than the eau de parfum.
However, the way this dries down is absolutely beautiful, and it has hints of the fruit amidst the amber base... I am starting to really like the eau de parfum!

FragranceSwettie
FragranceSwettie

I'm actually very pissed when I first received this from my regular online perfume supplier. This is not the Cherie I'm looking for, I'm looking for the 2005 version (and my dear supplier keep assured me that it is the 2005 version still -.-")

Well, but since I had already received this and I'm not gonna continue to debate with the seller. I had not choice but to open and try it. On the first spray, my anger was totally shoot up just like an rocket!! This is Chanel Mademoiselle, isn't it??!! Hmmmm but HOLD ON a sec, some dramatic changes coming. I smell lovely strawberries, omg this magically change my attitude. All the anger that boiling over me, in a split second seem all gone. I'm cover up by the lovely sweetness of the smell! What a beautiful strawberry mixing with some scents of flowers (I smell roses more ^^) This is definitely not mademoiselle, more like a minus off from the seriousness of mademoiselle :p I guess that the strawberry plays a big part for the differences, it makes Cherie a rather playful bubbly energetic young lady (don't get me wrong, this doesn't mean it make u childish too) Cherie seem like a lady that loves to smile a lot :D No doubt, both are my top fragrance for now. Well, but I will use Miss Dior Cherie on more of a causal wear like a movie date with my bf or on a girls night out :) As for CM, I will prefer to use it on an evening posh dinner or on a wedding event. Well, but just my personal preference heh.

Edit: OMG, I'm really sorry for my above comments. The one I'm having now is the 2005 version just changed of packaging (thanks so much for Vie Cafe for enlightened me). So I had email my supplier to apologies to her :X No wonder it smell so great.

r4elle
r4elle

...she left Paris with a bottle of Miss Dior Chérie. She had no choice but to wash off all the scents she knew before with this new special one. The new bottle always reminds her of colourful balloons, hot chocolate and croissants of the backstreet market on D’aguerre.

Whenever the scent of Chérie fills her room she gets in an euphoric state and the excitement is so strong that she feels the adrenaline rush through the veins urging her to open her eyes with a wild anticipation and find herself there in Lafayette.

Wild strawberry, sweet rose and heavinness of patchouli still take her back to a city where she forever left a part of herself...

antfarm
antfarm

This review is for Miss Dior Cherie EDP, exactly as pictured above, with the inset label (not the transparent sticker label). I believe it is the pre-reformulated version.

Anyway, this is a beautiful perfume. It smells like sugared strawberries and patchouli, lasts a long time, and does not smell like chemicals or alcohol like a lot of department store perfumes do.

I hope I can find a bottle--there are so many "Miss Dior this" and "Miss Dior that" in so many different formulations and yet they are all still under the same name. Maybe they should have just called them Miss, Mrs., and Ms. to avoid all the confusion.

jellybeantree

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO SWAP I HAVE A 50ML EDP COMPLETELY FULL! PM ME!

Kitty76
Kitty76

Hello, do you know the batch number on the new Miss Dior ? I have a 30ml Miss Dior Chérie with 04460/A from April 2010 and one MDC 100ml with 05615/A from Jan 2011. Do you know exactly when Dior reformulated the frangrance? Was it after January of 2011? I need to know this asap and can't find the answer anywhere.

nightcat23
nightcat23

Finally after so long I am the proud owner of Miss Dior Cherie. It's a real candied patchouli. Sweet yet a little earthy. The mango mandarin is quite sweet and syrupy. It's so gorgeous and beautiful to wear. It's a real luxury perfume in my opinion. The detailing is perfection. Simple yet classic from the box to the bottle.

A mature sweet gourmand and a rite of passage for any woman.

My only complaint is I wish all the editions were available and not limited. I never got the chance to smell the 2005 edition and now I don't understand why this one is getting fazed out and the new Miss Dior has replaced it and it is less sweet again. The house of Dior seems to intentionally want to take out all the sweetness with every subsequent edition.

flashrainbow
flashrainbow

This one belonged to my mom then she gave it to me. I don't really like it at first since it's veryyyy sweet but somehow i got the very sour and bitter notes. then after a couple of months I tried it again, not sure it's my body chemistry or else, but this really growing in me into something lovely and mature. Sweet yet bitter and I love it.

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

This stuff is sweet. WAYYY TOO SWEET. This is the first perfume I've actually been repulsed by the sweetness. This fragrance is odd. It smells like they combined dark notes with sugar on top. They just clash. Its not synthetic teeny-bop sweet, its old lady funeral home sweet. I'm mean cloyingly sweet. Knowing my grandmother, this is something she'd probably adore

irenesa

This is my second review. I just adore the smell. When I wear it I feel romantic, femenine, beautiful. This is one of those fragrances that makes you feel pretty and confident. Be aware of the patchoulli because is one of the "masculine" notes that not all the woman may like.

SherrryFreddy

For me it smells sweet and mature. First spray will be strong but when dry down..it smells good..

ForrealMe2

Ladies i have just discovered that i believe the formula was changed after 2008 because i have a 2009 bottle with the flat label not indented and for the first time i smell the patchouli note in it as the 2011 indented flat label as you see above so i believe when they began the fiasco of changing the labels is when they began adding patchouli and miss dior cherie was changed forever..i never noticed the patchouli before but today i did a quick comparison with all the bottles i have and there is definatly patchouli in the 2009 bottle that changes the whole composition from the 2005 formulation which is fresher and more sweet without patchouli...i thought i would let you know for who ever is interested in buying MDC but doesn't want the patchouli in it buy all the way up to 2007 because from then on in when they make the label change Miss Dior Cherie is no longer the one you know from 2005

itsallgood
itsallgood

I tried real hard to get into this perfume. I think the patchouli is a bit strong on me and after a while, that bothers me. I wish it didn't because this is such I fine brand and perfume.

ForrealMe2

Lina: its the same scent but to me the strawberry is there but just a hint of it..either its the strawberry or the amber and patchouli but i really do still smell the strawberry in Le Parfum...and i have had others who are experienced with the older Miss Dior Cherie say the same...what you won't get in the newer ones is the classic candy,caramel popcorn,champagne like type notes in it...before i new about Miss Dior Cherie because i didn't want to be disappointed i waited until they came out with Miss Dior Le Parfum and i was not dissappointed because its a beast of a perfume..its Miss Dior Intense..way longer lasting and worth the money..but now that i have tried this version 2011 i think this one is wonderful too...the 2005 that most love is because it didn't have patchouli in it they really loved the fruitiness of the strawberry,caramel, champange type like qualities..it is a more youthful unique scent..definately worth having as a collector..i do not think though the 2005 is long lasting because it was more of a brighter perfume..so i consider that but its unique enough for me to like it alot over that one minor dislike..the 2011 is stronger and deeper..and Le Parfum is the deepest..this will depend all on your personality of what you like and can handle...if you are a collector you are just going to collect them for the experience and to have them...if you just want a perfume from the line but not sure which one check out each one listed as we all have made reviews on them and i believe these recent reviews should be well enough information to help you and if not message me still :) if not sure..i kinda like the fun of the fruitiness & the strength of the sweetness all mixed as one in this 2011 reformulation..but you know your tastes just like your wardrobe is always subject to change!

ForrealMe2

Germany:Well thank you! :) this one is 2005 & Le Parfum in one bottle its both...thats why i like it..it kept what is beautiful in 2005 but then made it sweet like Le Parfum...obviously not as strong as Le Parfum but its in there and its strong enough and sweet..a very lovely version..this is why i am divided by 2005 & this 2011 reformulated version..i love them both...Le Parfum is wonderful but imagine them both in one bottle..that is what this one is...its the in between before the final reformulations that you are seeing now..if you like lighther and fruitier with champange like quality without the patchouli you stick with 2005 alone...but if you like the fruitiness with the patchouli,oakmoss or whatever else is in there..you go with this version...when i compared both the 2005 on my left wrist and the 2011 on my right i realized i love the 2005 because its unique but when i smelled the 2011 i loved it even more because its much sweeter and kept what i loved about 2005 in it...the whole miss dior line i love alot..yes its alot like Coco Mademoiselle but i think its better because of the sweetness..its a bit more colorful...i think Germany you will have to try it out for yourself..the only one i don't have is the new 2012 i have all the other versions..i just got the 2009 flat label in and its just like 2005 so no difference there...i dunno i think i have a tie when it comes to 2005 & 2011 Miss Dior Cherie both lovely and different

lina styrczula
lina styrczula

hi does anybody know what is the diffrence between miss dior CHERIE and the same(probablby the same-i heard it,but in diffr bottle) miss dior (without cherie name)... its without wild strawberry? and..are u sure?

ForrealMe2

This one and 2005 are now my new favorites top down! this one is like 2005 but with patchouli & amber so its sweeter..i like alittle of both worlds..i will have to keep this in my collection for sure

Germany;I'm glad you said that thanks!!! I'm now even more tempted to buy a bottle just because it may be even more sweet than the 05,and I love the bottle:) I've heard that it's almost the same and even the ladies at my local sephora have tried to fool me by saying "it's the same exact formula just a new bottle" total lies.lol I'll keep you posted:)

MichaelCerasEyebrows

I finally got my first real spray of this at Sephora and to my dismay I cannot stand this fragrance now. Which sucks because it was love at first sniff in a magazine (which isn't a realisitc depiction of a fragrance--you need to smell those top and middle notes, but I adored the woody base of Miss Dior) On me it smells very synthetic and has an air of vintage feel to it, it is definitely quite strong like a vintage perfume. Unfortunately, I'll have to pass on this one, it makes me quite sad. If anybody can recommend one with a similar base though, please message me!

If anyone LOVES this scent(05 version)as much as I do I think they'd agree that they're aren't enough words to describe the greatness of this scent! I still have my 05 bottle that I purchased in 2009 it still smells just the same. I'm known for this scent, however I now only wear it for important occasions,or "Special"occasions wink:) very sexy,sweet, and definitely not for the teenie boppers. This is for a WOMAN who knows who she is, as well as her worth. This is a powerful perfume! I just love it. Too bad they changed the formula it's definitely not the same without the sweetness:(

ForrealMe2

i finally got the 2005 formulation a 2007 bottle and it smells the same as the 2011 reformulation only without patchouli..ladies you will be just as pleased with the 2011 reformulated Cherie the 2011 has patchouli which makes it even more sweeter with the strawberries.

ForrealMe2

This smells so close to Coco Mademoiselle but Coco is more vibrant and fresher..MDC is a bit sweeter with the strawberry..just a tad bit...but initially you can smell a boosy strawberry,patchoulli which is quite nice..on your clothes you can smell more of the vetiver which i don't really like in this combination..they sent me the wrong Miss Dior Cherie in the mail.. i was looking to get the 2005 i will be returning this because i know the 2005 is much more sweeter and has that caramel,butter popcorn note i desire..it is not a bad fragrance but i have Coco Mademoiselle and find it better than this and don't want the same thing..if you like Coco Mademoiselle but don't want it as intense i would say try this version of Miss Dior Cherie

update..Woah! i'm getting whifs of strawberry in the breeze! i have decided to keep her i wasn't feeling good and was extra sensitive to this perfume this morning but now that i feel better it does still smell like Coco M but since i like that fragrance i will keep it..i will just have to make sure next time i can see the perfume i am purchasing so that i get what i am paying for as most online sellers dont understand the Miss Dior Cherie fiasko..i think i can understand why they changed the scent it smells almost identical to Coco M does anyone know if the newest version smells like an exact dupe as they took out the strawberry in that one i believe? Also i have just given this perfume time and i think i like it better than Coco M because the sweetness last longer on this one..i am smelling Coco M on my left wrist and MDC on my right and Coco M is already fading and MDC increases in sweetness..i love that...oh i am happy i kept her! I could see myself collecting the series.

LeisaSch
LeisaSch

I love this - it's different but just as good as the 2005 version IMO. This is sweet, with the patchouli and strawberries, uplifting with the rose/jasmine and smooth with the amber and woods. Great combination and a magical fragrance.

It's fresh also - absolutely gorgeous!!

jana.hullinghorst
jana.hullinghorst

This perfume is a lot of fun to wear... but is better in cooler weather, otherwise it's smothering.. Men also love LOVE this scent, great one for wearing on a date or when being intimate ^.^

irinalmazova
irinalmazova

to girly and sweet

Andreita

I guess my skin's chemistry is very unusual, because everybody praises this perfume, but when I tried it, it was the greatest dissapointment ever, at the beggining, too sour, then too bitter, just after 6 hours I could smell a descent smell, not worth any money, in my opinion

larita91
larita91

I have never been so in love with a parfume before.
I accidentally bought it (wanted the 2005 version of miss dior cherie - still loking for that one, so if you wanna sell that, contact me!!!) and the shop sent me this one. They were just as confused about this whole "miss dior - miss dior cherie" line as we all are.
At first sniff, it was a big disappointment. BUT it was so expensive, I started to wear it... than the people started asking what I am wearing... boys/men were sniffing me at the bar I'm working in, and I honestly can say, they went crazy about it... one of them actually started to call me "Miss Dior"...
After a little time, I personally started to like, and with more time, LOVE the fragrance. This is the first fragrance I'll re-purchase. Nothing ever could touch me like this.
A sophisticated, sweet (but not cloying) citrusy patchouli. There are perfumes we suggest for teenagers or elder people. Now this smells like a young lady, so classy, so beautiful!!! Not too sweet, but not bitter either, very balanced scent.
Sillage is really good, and longetivity is about 10-12 hours on me!!! Quality product, worth the price.

IMPORTANT!!! This scent is almost the same as the new Miss Dior, or Chanel Coco Mamoiselle, and very similar to Chanel Chance!!! They are all beautuful, but familiar scents (not so unique...)

Zoey Chloe Zender oh
Zoey Chloe Zender oh

This is amazing never mind the price when you see it buy it it could be 189 still for 200 ml that buy it its amazing if you like soft strong medium buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) LOVE IT! :)

Revontuli
Revontuli

I have the 2011 version and I really hope it still smells this wonderful... I hadn't used it for a while and I decided to spray this morning for a little change. My God... It has a magical smell. On my skin it opens with a citrusy smell but then evolves into a sweet one. And it has this unique sweetness that you won't find in many perfumes. It's so dazzling: So sexy, so feminine, elegant yet so naughty and girlish. My skin obviously loves this.

Monikakaka
Monikakaka

Wonderful most unique powdery fragrance. Its base note is vetiver (musty, dry, woody scent with bitter chocolate and smoke facets), sandalwood & sweet patchouli. I can't smell much of strawberry but the perfume is fresh & slightly fruity. Fantastically suitable for any season & occasion. Silage is heavy & longevity is moderate/ long lasting.
It is definitely yes from me! Since my first introduction to this fragrance, it still remains One of my favourite.

Jennifer555
Jennifer555

I was at Nordstrom and tested lots of Chanel then decided to test this one. I did not like this one bit; the Chanels were much more classy. It smelled sweet and artificial and like candy, something a young girl would wear. For sure not worth the price tag. I was really surprised I did not like this as for one thing I am really not picky and I really like sweet scents. This was a fail for me.

themorrigan
themorrigan

I have the latest reformulation, Miss Dior 2012. It smelt so wrong that I thought I'd received a fake but I had it authenticated.
All I can smell is patchouli and more pachouli with a sharp cherry smell.
It doesn't smell the price you pay!
Its a very flat smell, I don't feel like it went through transitions.
The silage is poor, 15 minutes and the smell had dulled so much, and its meant to be an eau de parfum!
I have the older Miss Dior Cherie and I adore it!

domodomo
domodomo

I love this fragrance. Perfect combination of fruit and floral, and I just recently learned that is has been discontinued/reformulated, so now I'm tentative to use up the remainder of the bottle. So disappointing.

Though I will admit, I haven't smelled the reformulation yet, so maybe I will like it. But why mess with a good thing?

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

A lovely, intensely feminine scent with notes of strawberry, patchouli, and rose. I pair it with VS Strawberries and Champagne, to make it last a bit longer. I like this one quite a bit, but my boyfriend says it smells of "stinky flowers", so I don't wear it too often.

Alexandrarae

PLEASE PLEASE DIOR...READ THESE REVIEWS AND BRING BACK MISS DIOR CHERIE 2011 EAU DE PARFUM WITH THE GORGEOUS STRAWBERRIES - THERE IS NOTHING ELSE OUT THERE LIKE IT... WE MISS IT SO. TAKE PITY!!
Alexandrararae and everyone else here that loves it xx

kay0981
kay0981

I think that Miss Dior Cherie is best enjoyed in small doses. It's a strong perfume, and it's easy to overspray it. It won't take much for it to become too heavy and cloying on your skin. 2, 3 sprays is more than enough for it to maintain perfect sillage throughout the whole day.

The composition opens with a blast of sweet strawberries, followed by patchouli and a subtle citrus note. Some may find the opening to be too sweet, but Miss Dior is one of these perfumes which change significantly in the drydown. After a few hours, the fragrance unveils the beautiful oak moss and amber notes, giving the overall composition a sophisticated, earthy-woodsy feel, whilst still maintaining the sweet strawberry note from the opening. Personally, I enjoy it from the beginning to the end. This is an innocent, girly, but also playful and flirty scent, which still upholds the classy Dior family signature. I think this would make a really nice date scent, but it can be equally enjoyed as an everyday perfume in every season.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Fresh&wild
Fresh&wild

I love this perfume.but i prefer the 2005 version more♡ why did they change it?? They could keep it and sell this one like another version from it like L'Eau or Le Printemps as they are alot different from each orhers★

I still appreciate the good quality of this one.very long lastin flowery candied perfume. Perfect for cold weather.you will never be bored wearing it.

Damag
Damag

To me this represents a strong, confident, elegant woman who is not afraid to be herself & stand out :)
Oh my Miss Dior Cherie how much I love you!
I previously owned the (2005) version & although I enjoyed it, I found it a bit too sickly sweet (caramel, popcorn) but this version is just Perfect! Every note blends perfectly with one another, it is sweet but not too sweet with just the right amount of sophistication!
I feel, beautiful & elegant everytime I wear this!
It is quite potent & stays on my clothes for days!!
People always seem to notice this beauty & compliment me everytime I wear her♥
I give this beautiful lady a 10/10:)
Imo this is completely different then coco mademoisielle I don't see any resemblance to it....both are beautiful but very different
Coco M. Is fresher/ fruitier (but not in a sweet way) whereas MDC eau de parfum is sweeter & stronger....

simonebel
simonebel

I don't remember the 2005 version, but this version of Miss Dior is very chic and reminds me Coco Mademoiselle, but softer and sweeter. I think this perfume is gorgeous.

rainrowan
rainrowan

I have the MDC 2005 and really love how sparkling and cheerful it smells. I was going to purchase a new bottle and was directed to a reformulated and renamed bottle now called Miss Dior (2012). I knew right away it was reformulated and had notes missing that was the original MDC... the spurt of vitality seems to be gone from it (thinking it's the popcorn/caramel that is gone and possibly vetyver is a different amount because I usually react positively to vetyver every single time). Granted the 2011/2012 MD seems more worldly but I really liked the original MDC formulation. Was it really not selling that they had to reformulate and change the name? They should have left the original formulation alone, and re-named it Miss Dior, and it would have made *some* sense...

Mons
Mons

Oh Miss Dior Cherie - how I love you so.
The original is my very favorite of this collection and it is discontinued. I have a little bit of the original left and I treasure it for special occasions. Whoever thought about putting patchouli and strawberries together is a genius.
This fragrance has a sharpness to it when it is first applied, and then it dries down to a luscious, sensual, warm hue that is very feminine and unbelievably romantic.
Think of an expensive silk scarf tied around the neck of a woman with glamorous red lips, that is Miss Dior Cherie to me.

annettepe
annettepe

my favorite one will always be the old version of the miss dior cherie, which they have discontinued so this is my next best option. its a very sophisticated, feminine and slightly mature scent. not a mature in an old way but a grown up confident woman. i would definitely say that this fragrance is not for everyone as its very unique and complex.

in the opening i can really smell the strawberry which i love. theres also patchouli throughout the fragrance, slight woody notes and soft amber in the dry down. i dont really smell the orange in this fragrance which is an advantage for me as i really dislike orange notes. in the dry down it also reminds me of a soapy note, which is very nice. i also find this scent very comforting and expensive.

the sillage is amazing and it stays on my skin for up to 6 hours. definitely worth the price. and the bottle is so lovely!

bluepistachio

This is one of the best Miss Dior's out there. Scent wise I chose Miss Dior Cherie 2005. Lasting power wise I chose this version since it lasts on me for >6 hrs.

This fragrance is so fresh and classy. Is sweet, but fruity sweet. The strawberry note makes this fragrance fun. The mandarin note makes it fresh. The bergamot note makes it clean. The patchouli IMO is not heavy but helps balance the fragrance. The rose makes this fragrance so romantic. Amber puts depth into the fragrance. I don't really smell jasmine which is kind of a good thing since I'm not a big fan of white flowers.

This smells a lot like MDC 2005 except is not as gourmand and delicious. This is a classier one. Both are classy. Though this is a bit more serious. Not that serious though. Both are youthful, smart, fun and always sophisticated.

It also smells similar to Coco Mademoiselle, except this is fruitier, not as citric or floral.

I recommend it. It gets a lot of compliments. You can't go wrong with it. It's so versatile. Can be worn anywhere, any weather. Beautiful and long lasting. That's why is one of my top favorites.

Nefelisparkles
Nefelisparkles

This version of Miss Dior Cherie, is a fruity chypre that has a lot of sweetness but it's still manageable even for those who don't really love sweet scents. Well maybe it is a little too much but the oakmoss and sandalwood keep it grounded. The first hour or two, patchouli and strawberry are very much present but the drydown is more chypre-like with some vetiver and amber. It kinda reminds me of a high quality Glow by Jlo because of the powderiness sweetness and clean feeling. It is of course well blended, lasts quite long 6-7 hours and still going strong. Smells expensive because, well..., it is! More suitable for day I think, but could pull it of for a night out too, depends on the mood you're in.
To sum it up, I too of course LOVE the 2005 version more.. I was in love with it, now can't find it anywhere. This is just a nice alternative for me but a very good fragrance for any other girl who didn't really care about the original.

Vampiris
Vampiris

Love Miss Cherie, very bubbling and optimistic..such a sweet heart..full of elegance and style in the gorgeous bottle

every time when i smell it the best word i can think of is cute..it's sweet and neat..definitely fruity, playful, extremely girly and youthful..lasts for 12 hours plus on me

i can't imagine anyone wearing this would be a boring person..

to me this scent is for someone with a young heart, it is just perfect for cute and smart ladies with a taste..

btw, my hubby says it smells just like his fav beer when it drys down..well i just want to ignore him..how very dare him.. lol

butterbean

The below review is for the Miss Dior Eau de Parfum. It is NEW Miss Dior (the reformulated and improved version of Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum in and then now dropped the Cherie from the name -- all BIG IMPROVEMENTS!)

There is NO longer a Miss Dior with the name "Cherie" in its title. The pictured perfume has been discontinued. It is called Miss Dior Eau de Parfum.

Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum (2005)
Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum (2011) reformulation -dropped popcorn & carmel notes
Miss Dior Eau de Parfum (2012) same as the reformulation just no "Cherie" in the name.

also: smells nothing like Coco Mademoiselle -- IMO

butterbean

LOVE LOVE LOVE. First notes are beautiful mandarin jasmine rose and something sweet coupled with a hint of rose and patchouli and faint oak moss. After a while the jasmine and rose are a little more present and amber comes forward with an ever more present patchouli..but you never totally loose the jasmine rose mandarin with the hint of sweet fruitiness. I can't stop smelling this!!

edit -- I STILL can't stop smelling! dont be fooled by review saying patchouli is the strongest note -- IT IS NOT! it is there but not as intensive as others.

Snowfairy
Snowfairy

Bring back Miss Dior Cherie !

Andreita

At first, on me this smelled like a very citric and acid soap, then, after 15 minutes, it smelled kinda masculine: too bitter for women imo. Then after an hour, I could smell flowers, and a tiiiny hint of pineapple, it reminded me of coco modemoisele, but this is better. now after 4 hours it's better, kinda sweet with some bitterness that reminds me a little of lolita lempika. And also makes me think of champagne.

Sujata chan
Sujata chan

Could anyone tell me where i can buy this one? I really fall in love with its smell :(

MichaelCerasEyebrows

I actually tore the magazine sample of this perfume because it's that good (and too expensive for me to purchase, argh!)and I rub it into my wrists.
Classy and ultra feminine, woody but not masculine, I feel like I'm being whisked away to Paris when I wear this fragrance.
And honestly, they couldn't pick a more classy, modern, petite woman like Natalie Portman to represent Miss Dior.

irenesa

This perfume is a very classy lady who is in love with life. Romantic, femenine, delicate And very elegant. I just love it. Just dont use it in a veeery hot day otherwise it will melt in you body. I recomend to use it in fall, winter or spring. I love almost all the notes except the vertiver, wich makes it a little masculine in my opinion (On me). Lasting power is great and the silliage is moderate. I enjoy it a lot! But dont trust on me, im a gourmand sweet fragrance freak!

boroboro
boroboro

Cute,fresh,flirty. The orange and flower note blend very well. Love it

eve30
eve30

Very intense for me. It reminds me of Chanel Mademoiselle. Those who like it are lucky.. It lasts too long.

po
po

Let me start by saying I never liked the 2005 version. I found the patchouli/cherry/caramel combo unappealing in a way so I avoided sampling the new version until I got a decant.

It starts with a strong blast of candied orange and strawberry marmalade. Not bad at all during cold weather, it's kind of festive, like a yummy smelling firework but it's soon toned down.
Later I can detect the subtle presence of rose in a soapy form...
The drydown remains sweet, soft with more patchouli and oak moss.

Silage is a very happy medium and longevity is very satisfying. I find the overall composition well crafted, less gourmand and more chypre than the previous. And it's totally different than Coco Mademoiselle which turns overly sour on my skin.

It remains a girly happy carefree perfume but not too candied anymore!
I really enjoy my decant but I'm still not convinced to buy an actual bottle.

colorblindlove

I'm not sure if I already reviewed this fragrance but I'm not a fan of this at all! It smells like musky oranges and florals!! The only thing I like about this is the bottle. I don't understand how people love this so much. I wish that I was able to smell the 2003 version so I could compare them.

akihikostm
akihikostm

This is my favourite fragance ever! is delicious, warm :3 perfect.

mademoiselle-c

I think my skin chemistry is changing - or perhaps it is my taste in fragrance. I have had this fragrance for about a year and half, and my like for it has disappeared. Initially, I get a burst of sweet, orangeyness. That part is alright. I do however wish that more strawberry were present. The drydown, though, is the worst part. I do not know if it is only on me, but the drydown smells very dirty and unfeminine. It is a huge contrast to the rest of the fragrance. It starts off (what I find now) overly sweet, and settles down in to musty, dirty, overly bearing patchouli scariness. I think that I am shying away from sweet scents as I continue to grow. I just have to admit that this is not something I will repurchase any time soon.

KleineLeopardin
KleineLeopardin

I liked it for one summer after smelling it on a friend and bought a small bottle for myself, but I soon got bored. I think this is too girly for me and too common, so many girls and young women wear it!
Fun fact: while using this, I found the perfect combination with this is strawberry showergel by The body shop and deodorant spray by Jovan musk - smells almost exactly like Miss Dior Cherie on my skin, so it's a clever way of layering for all you fans of it out there!
By the way, one of the nicest bottles of the last years.

HORRIDFRAG

The scent is described as woody, and citrusy, I've tried this today, and I found it more to a clean woody powdery scent with a weak citrus smell. I would say that this is just another nice scent from Dior, nothing surprising or great about this scent.

rainydays293
rainydays293

I wanted to like this, it was too powdery on my skin though

chimegblog
chimegblog

I love it, I have all the miss dior sample small bottle editions, all of them a good, especially miss dior parfum and blooming bouquet.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I used to own a tiny bottle of the original but it was never my favorite(it was a gift). I was actually surprised to hear that it had notes of caramel, popcorn and strawberries because I could never smell any of it. I also didn't find it sweet even at the slightest. I guess to me it was more like chypre floral not gormand that everyone was talking about. So because it was never my favorite, I never followed all the changes that closely. I knew it was reformulated but thats it.
While I was out shopping the other day I decided to try the new version for the hell of it. Imagine my confusion when I realized that name was changed as well. Now its called Miss Dior(not to be confused with Miss Dior le Parfum or whatever the proper name is). SA told me that its just a perfume version of Miss Dior but it smells NOTHING like MDC aka Miss Dior.
Geez, talk about confusing the issue. As to new Miss Dior(formerly known as Miss Dior Cherie), I actually like the new version better. Its sunny, bright and more citrusy that original. It reminds me of Coco M but less patchouli(which is a good thing in my opinion). I got a sample and wore it for the last two days. I like it but I still prefer John Varvatos(which is my go to chypre scent)to Miss Dior. I don't think i would be buying a bottle but I would wear it if someone gave it to me as a gift. It also received "its ok" from my husband who incidentally loathed original MCD.

Alexandrarae

Yes this has definitely been discontinued! There is now only what they call the new "Miss Dior". If you look at the notes of the new one there is no strawberry, which was the thing I loved about the old one. The new one is very blah and doesn't have the magic of the old one. I have gone back to J'Adore - at least I know what I am getting there. Cheers, Alexandrarae

thekvinne
thekvinne

Is this one discountinued? I want this one so badly! Has this one been replaced with the Miss Dior Le Parfum 2012? I am confused!

HORRIDFRAG

Who would have ever thought that this would reign in the house of Dior as Miss Dior! The greatest offense in the world of perfumery I would say. The end.

Lore_parfum
Lore_parfum

Hmm.. I love it! Smelled it for the first time a few weeks ago and I immediately fell in love with the scent!

Sensual and warm.

mluckyg
mluckyg

This review is for Miss Dior Cherie 2011:

Very sweet fragrance. First notes are good blend of sweet strawberry with mandarin. Second notes are first notes blended with clean patchouli, a little oakmoss and amber. And last notes are sweet flowery, sometimes it could get a little soapy.

I love the first notes, especially the strawberry.
One spray is enough, last 24 hours and good for winter.

Miss Dior Cherie 2011 now replaced by Miss Dior 2012.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I tried this for the first time at the drugstore today.

Am I the only one who gets a dry down similar to Coco mademoiselle EdT. I know a lot of perfumes get compared to Coco Mad, but I really thought this one would be a super safe blind buy for a girl that like the Chanel. Patchouli, mandarin, jasmine. Very similar pyramids... Not too ground breaking, but girly and pleasant enough. the price of those new Dior fragrances is not justified to my opinion. The bottle cap is cheap and I have yet to meet a tester that doesnt't have a broken one!

Layana
Layana

I can appreciate that some people can really like this perfume and im sure it smells great on them. But on me its too fruity sweet and nothing else. Nothing special. But strange enough, I mixed it with my Penhaligons Artemisia and then it smells very good. So good layering potential.

Ceylane
Ceylane

Something on the deep notes bothered me: a smell like burning rubber I guess. Not for me.

I'm testing this today, curious to see what all the fuss is about. I don't think this is bad. If you've never tried the 2005 version, as I haven't, then this smells like a fruity floral, not bad, but nothing spectacular. I smell mostly strawberry. There is a bit of orange, a bit of jasmine, but not much else. Sadly, I get no patchouli or mossy notes, just sweet fruit. I like this fragrance, but now I'm dying to try the 2005 version.

misschic

This version smells nothing like the original. They should have changed the name as there are no similarities. Some people on here say that the Miss Dior Eau de Parfum is what the 2005 version is now being sold as, but I've smelled it, and its not the same at all. The original Miss Dior Cherie from 2005 is a classic. I wish to see that one again.

This new one is just bad...

shiverwithantici
shiverwithantici

@c3c The original Miss Dior Cherie came out in 2005, but the perfume was reformulated around 2011. Some changes were also made to the bottle at that time. And most recently, the name has been changed to "Miss Dior" (not to be confused with the classic Miss Dior perfume that was released many, many years ago). So, the bottle that you recently purchased was most likely after the reformulation, which is why it isn't the fragrance you remember. I hope that clarifies a few things. I'm really exasperated with Dior, not just for reformulating a beautiful, fun, and extremely POPULAR modern fragrance, but also for going about it in such a covert, sly, and confusing manner, what with making very subtle, incremental changes to the bottle, then eventually, the name - which is the same name as a classic fragrance released by the same fashion house, just to add to the confusion. Dior has forever lost me as a customer because of this fiasco.

c3c
c3c

I'm not sure what to make of this. After reading reviews for so long I decided to pick up a bottle and give it another try. I had a mini long ago and I remember it being very different than the bottle I just purchased. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong perfume but to me this smells so soapy I can't wear it. It's a brand new bottle and it hasn't gone bad. Even on paper it smells the same. What did I miss here?

TakaBeata

This new EDP is more modern ambre. I like it so much. EDT is fresh and modern.ED toilet water is similar constructed to edt coco ma′am, but is not quite similar.
EDP is warm , elegant not heavy,So good.
Old version was more girly.

kosmoskukka

Dear Kiara, I bought this fragrance at age of 36 and I love it, will always have it in my wardrobe. Scents are out of age, those are memories and emotions. And people with every age do feel them, love scents and notes. There is no limits. Musts- or must not`s. People should enjoy things with open mind, this way You Dear Ones get the most good things in journey of Life. *Hugs*

Valeriarguello
Valeriarguello

I've wanted this perfume for ever. When I finally got it, it was like smelling heaven!So sweet, smooth, sensual perfume. Very classy as well. I definitely recommend it for the ones who like floral and sweet tones :)

desertrat
desertrat

It's lovely. On me, Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, which is very similar to my nose, is longer lasting and smoother. That said both are very nice.

riri92000
riri92000

The patchouli really destroys this perfume and renders something that should be absolutely magnificent to a sickening, headache inducing mess.

It simmers down after a couple of hours and you can smell some of that truly beautiful, warm, soft, sweetness but to no avail. I just can't stand the overpowering, patchouli in between and thus have not been able to tolerate wearing it.

The only use I get of it is spraying it in my wardrobe, which leaves my clothes smelling of the toned done drydown while avoiding some of that awful patchouli stench.

kfvera
kfvera

Miss Dior Chérie is one of my favourites, it's a bit sweet but still serious. I smelled it first when it was on the shelf for the newest perfumes. I knew immediatley, this is something else... I went back for 3-4 times to make sure this perfume will suit me, it's so unique, new and bold. I had to befriend it and now I can't imagine my everydays without Miss Dior Chérie. (Even if sometimes I've got the feeling, that it's too much for day wear.)

nikkirose
nikkirose

Miss Dior Cherie.

The essence of mandarin oranges.
The sweetness of pineapples.
Indulgence in the tropics?

Warmth of amber and the spice of patchouli.
Must be East Asian-inspired.

Surprisingly hints of popcorn makes it a beautiful rainy day fragrance.
Lounge on and use your imagination.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

I'm not sure why everyone likes this fragrance. It's a touch sweet with a lot of muskiness and spiciness. I think the patchouli ruins this fragrance.

TheDentist
TheDentist

Girly ....
Sophisticated ....
Much Compliments ....
night/day wear ....

That's it >>> MDC :)

PS:: the only disadvantage > Not a Long Lasting Perfume.

emi
emi

Although the bottle is really lovely, the fragrance is both copy of Coco Mademoiselle and So Elixir edp. I can't believe Dior has made such thing. I'ts obvious plagiarism and it even doesn't last long. Still can't believe it. What was wrong with the old version anyway? "Fermented Strawberries" were fine enough for me an at least much more unique.

Minze
Minze

I completely agree with @peachykeen. I don't think it's fresh or clean but in my nose it's rather on the heavy side and a bit intrusive. When someone wears it, you'll notice. It was my signature scent last year and I loved to wear it in Summer when it was hot and misty. It made me feel like I'm on holiday. Now I'm tired of it and only wear it in winter or on colder days. I think this is a scent that is indeed pleasing at first sniff but you get used to it very quick and then it's kinda boring. Hmmm, I will give it a break for a long time and I'm sure I will like it in a few months again. But now I'm a bit fed up with it.
BTW I think this is a scent that smells the same on every person. Body chemistry does not influence the outcome in my opinion...

mellie
mellie

It´s great, sophisticated, citrus fragrance, very sweet and fresh. It´s one of my favourites, i get a lot of compliments when i wear it, it´s a happy perfume, Makes me feel cheerfull. Definitly a fun, easygoing & romantic . I read that this is a reformulation, but you can also see it as a completly different perfume. Safe for a blind buy, the bottle is beautifull and elegant. great longevity and sillage.

Baby Dior
Baby Dior

Hola Buen dia amigos perfumados
Bueno que puedo decir de esta es uno de los clasicos de mi generacion estoy en mis 20's ame por años la version original de estoy tan jugosa tan dulce tan inesperada tan la emocion de la primera cita llendo al cine el olor al caramelo y als palomitas de maiz amaba este perfume era tan yo bueno ahora sin el caramelo ni la piña la huelo diferente algo mas diluida siento bastante en comparacion ha antes el olor a mandarina tengo la botella de 100ml de esto solo he gastado como 5ml ya no me gusta tanto me encantaria encontrar la version del 2005 vamos la original miss dior cherie que olia ha cherries (entre otras cosas) en algun lugar del internet sin ser estafada alguno de ustedes sabe donde puedo conseguirla on-line la original me gustaria que si alguien sabe de alguna pagina porfavor me lo haga saber por mensaje privado se los agradezco de antemano.

Hello Good day friends scented
Well I can say this is one of the classics of my generation I'm in my 20's love for years the original version of I'm so juicy as sweet as unexpected as the thrill of a first date going to the movies the smell of caramel and als popcorn corn loved this perfume I was so good now without the caramel or pineapple smell it something different but I feel pretty diluted compared has the smell of tangerine before I have the 100ml bottle of this just as 5ml've spent I do not like me so much love to find the 2005 version of the original we miss dior cherie that has smelled cherries (among other things) somewhere in the internet without being cheated any of you know where I can get the original on-line I would like if anyone knows of any page please me know by private message I thank you in advance.

jellybeantree

I like this , it's good quality, it's been reformulated , I liked the original with popcorn in it. I have to be honest I prefer Coco Mademoiselle, for the price you have to make a choice and I find Miss Dior to be more fruity in the beginning and I just find it less captivating. Well done and good quality but just not full bottle worthy to me, I will stick to Miss dior eau fraiche .

thejennysaurus
thejennysaurus

I tried this out a few days ago when I went out for a personal movie day. I ended up being able to smell it on me all day and kept getting confused as to what the smell was that kept following me around all day. Most of my perfumes don't last as long as this does which is why it kind of baffles me. The top notes are a bit harsh and in your face on me, but it dries down into a luxurious floral. Just wearing this perfume makes me feel more like a sophisticated woman.
Also worth nothing that I've never smelt the 2005 Miss Dior Cherie.

candygirl007
candygirl007

I think this is a real 'love it or hate it' type perfume. The initial spray hits you with a bang! Very pungent, mature and overpowering, yet somewhat sweet and candy-like at the same time.
I'd say it is more of an evening, night-out, fancy occasion type of perfume. Very strong smelling and sweet, good staying power too.

JohnMc
JohnMc

Gorgeous, enticing, slightly boozy - smells divine. As a guy I love catching an unexpected moment of this enticing fragrance as it enters my personal space for a fleeting period.

Merlinrumpel
Merlinrumpel

It´s a really good citric perfume, romantic, but not memorable. You can´t go wrong with Dior, this it´s not the exception. It´s good but not the best perfume i ever smelled. Everybody it´s using it.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

First of all, I have never smelled the original. That being said, I think this perfume is lovely. I am not biased by any opinion of what this perfume "should" smell like. I'm sure the original was amazing, but having not smelled it, the new Miss Dior (sans Cherie) is quite beautiful. It does bear a resemblance to Coco Mademoiselle, but I'm not sure that's necessarily a bad thing. I get loads of candied orange up front, and almost a carmelly quality. This is followed by a nice floral quality and some of the most smooth and sexy patchouli. This is the first perfume in this genre that I have owned (chypre, I believe) and I think it smells sophisticated and sexy, yet appropriate for a very wide range of ages. I recommend you at least try to keep an open mind with this one. I know everyone is heartbroken over the change, but as a stand alone fragrance, NOT compared to any former formulation, etc, I think it's very beautiful.

mariasara
mariasara

It should be ilegal to call this "miss dior", since it has no relation whatsoever with the original fragrance. Pure marketing strategies .. I happen to be a big fan of the original "miss dior" and this one was a big disappointment. I am a real "chypre girl" and I have a hard time understanding how this one got into the family...The reformulations and label changes just add up to the confusion!! How can Dior now simply call this "miss dior" !?! I saw the new bottle today and couldn´t believe it. At first I thougt they had changed the original bottle, and it would contain the original miss dior.. when I smelled it.. good lord... it was a strange version of the cherie ! May God help us, and Maison Dior too!

colorblindlove

I'm not sure which Miss Dior Cherie I smelled (why does this company feel the need to change the perfume/perfume name so often...keep it the same!!) but the one I smelled has a buttery type scent to it but it was still a nice scent. I could of lived without the buttery note though.

leeyah87
leeyah87

Ok, just to clear up any confusion I emailed Dior's customer service and they confirmed that the following is true:

Miss Dior Cherie EDP 2005 was reformulated and rebottled in 2011. The scent was changed to become "more subtle and sophisticated". However, the name change in 2012 to simply "Miss Dior" EDP only consisted of a bottle/name change and NO reformulation of the juice. The 2012 juice is the same as the 2011 juice, but in a different bottle to reflect the name change. They told me that they decided to change the name "in order to build Miss Dior as an even more iconic and timeless fragrance and as a leading fragrance on the market".

Miss Dior Cherie EDT 2007 was also reformulated and rebottled in 2010/2011. It was also renamed/rebottled to simply "Miss Dior" EDT in 2012, but the juice is still the same as the 2010/2011 juice.

Side Note: In 2008, Miss Dior Cherie EDP and EDT bottles were redesigned with paper labels, but no change to the juice. The confusing part is that very similar bottles were used when the juice was reformulated in 2011. A good indication of the 2005 EDP formulation is that the sticker label lays flat on the bottle, whereas the sticker label on the 2011 reformulation lays in an indention of the glass. (I don't think this applies to the EDT because I saw the new Miss Dior bottles at Nordstrom and they do not have an indention in the glass.) Also, the new box packaging for the 2011 reformulation contains a pink circular CD sticker on the top of the box on the cellophane. However, Dior told me that the only way you can know *for sure* is by the batch number. I will let you know the batch numbers once they email me back.

melbritt24

Agreed, Lady P! It's a shadow of it's former self...so sad!

tinaelisa
tinaelisa

It smells like a younger, fruiter and lighter Coco Mademoiselle to me. Personally I like this one a lot better! Mademoiselle is too dark, mossy, earthy for me. My mother wears it well, I don't.
Miss Dior is just such a nice girl perfume. Sweet, flirty, not too young and all in a really sophisticated way.
I bought the eau de parfum, but later regretted that, because I found out that the eau de toilette version actually lasts longer on me.. But that changes sometimes with me, it's weird. Let's hope it changes back to edp lasting longer, like it should be.

Oh and for those wondering. I smelled both the Miss Dior 2011 (shown above) and the new one in the same bottle without the Cherie (2012) and they both smelled absolutely the same to me.

noninoni

The new miss Dior is punishment to all those who fell in love with the original one:(:(

noninoni

The minute I heard about the reformulation, I wanted to check the scents for myself. I hurried up to the mall and smelled the new miss Dior. The reformulation left out the best qualities in iit, a total shift in the perfume's identity. It's very sad especially that this was my signature scent :(:( I luckily found 1 edp and 1 edit left of the old formula left in the store's warehouse so I bought them without hesitation. I wonder why Dior would take a decision to ruin their best scent - I am definitely not buying the new miss Dior ever

StarMagix
StarMagix

I think I added my review under the wrong fragrance for this scent??? So, I am going to add it here instead. I have the newer version and I do so much love it! I want a huge bottle and I have it on my Christmas list. It is just so ladylike and makes me feel so beautiful when I wear it. I want to dress in lace, soft furs, satin and silk lovelies. There is no other scent that this reminds me of. It has become a part of my inner being.

ladymillion123456789

This is actually called Miss Dior Eau De parfum now not miss dior cherie anymore

The new miss Dior should have its own review page because its a whole new line of fragrances

incandescent
incandescent

Personality: Feminine, elegant, sensual, indulgent, romantic.

Age: 22-35

Scent: Tangerines, strawberries and patchouli, it's a rich scent, without the candy/caramel notes of the 2005 version. Though they smell similar, this new version is more grown up (but still retaining a happy-go-lucky tone to it), elegant and sensual.

When/Where: For fall/winter or early in spring because the scent is so rich and warm. Suitable for both day and night...office, parties, semi-formals, formals, dating/romance.

Sillage/Longevity: Excellent Sillage, Excellent Longevity (12 hours).

JUST FOR FUN: This has an element of playfulness that will suit a Gemini (Natalie Portman herself is one), but romantic and rich enough for a Leo. With its balance between girly and sophistication, it also makes a good scent for Librans.

Takhaet
Takhaet

After 6 months of using Miss Dior Cherie I decided this must be my signature fragrance.

It has what it takes to be the best- fantastic smell of woods, musk, sweetness of wild strawberry, a bit of orange and rose......it's power is incredible -longevity unbeatable and the amount of complements i get when I wear it just unbelievable!!!
Also, I found that I wear this perfume more often than any other.

My "new-old" number 1 <3

mazocal
mazocal

just love the smell, very fresh and feminine not too sweet and the fabulous Dior brand, got free sample of it when i bought a bottle of perfume of another brand but fell in love with this.

mylancome

The combination of Jasmine and Mandarin Orange gives the strawberry-like sweetness.

gaga97
gaga97

it's strange i don't smell strawerry at all!!!!!

kariely.ciadistack
kariely.ciadistack

Amo este perfume de paixaoooo!
Ele é otimo, muito gostoso, onde passa fica..
perfume marcandte.. e ao mesmo tempo delicado..
recomendadissimo!

misschic

I first fell in love this this when it came out in 2005 and it was my signature smell for about 6 years. I must say that I don't reach for this quite as often as I once did but it is still a very special scent. I am on my second bottle of the original formulation.

tuky
tuky

I was fooled !!! :(((
Miss Dior Cherie is now Miss Dior and I wanted Miss Dior - the original from 1947 !
moreover it is EDT; maybe that's why I like it... ;))
Not so sweet as original.
Longevity 12h +.
The smell is frasher and deeper (earthy on the base notes).
Maybe I will keep it...

mylancome

I went try out the 2012 version today at Isetan Malaysia, as expected it is less sweet citrus and more bitter patcouli, but the Dior girl keep saying they just change the label, not the perfume.

I said I was a regular user, and I use various other brands and trained up my smelling, I can detact a minor changes of the perfume. But the Dior girl keep denying they change the perfume. She said her superior had emphasied they never change the perfume, only the label or minor reconstruction to the bottle design.

Shame on you LVMH, they had brain wash their girls to keep on deny they did changes to the perfumes!!! Is it so hard to be honest? Just admit they did the changes! I won't spend a penny on such huge but dishonest company!

Add on: I prefer the year 2011 version ribbon.

oyster_horace
oyster_horace

i am far from happy with this, the 2011 reformulation
where the heck are the juicy strawberry and sweet caramel popcorn?!
SERIOUSLY! wasn't that what miss dior cherie is all about?!

it's become woodsy, earthy and powdery

Hello sweet-hearts.
I sniffed miss dior (relaunched at same bottle like this) and it is different scent.
I suggest to all You dear Ones loving Miss Dior Cherie, from 2005 or 2011 purchase as many as You can. I have just a feel they will discontinue it. ;) Some extra bottles on Your shelf. I just did so.
*Hugs*

mylancome

Hey girls/ladies, I'm a former MDC fans too and I'm disapoint that Dior is messing with MDC formulation, and screw up AGAIN. But now I'm wearing Guerlain Idelly Eau Sublime and it smells almost like MDC. It has the characteristic of young version of Lancome Tresor and MDC, give it a try. And say bye bye to Dior.

dandydandelion

okay, i have officially sampled miss dior (2012) and can say with 100% certainty that it is a very different fragrance than miss dior cherie (2011). miss dior (2012) is less sweet, less fruity, more powdery and more patchouli smelling than miss dior cherie (2011). I personally like miss dior cherie (2011) much better than miss dior (2012) and am very dissapointed that they've made this change.

melbritt24

I was told by an SA at Belk Dept. store last week that the new "Miss Dior" is being sold alongside Miss Dior Cherie 2011 version and that they are regarded as two seperate fragrances because the new release of "Miss Dior" is an updated take on the classic, while MDC 2011 is being sold as is (no reformulation on this one). They had both tester on display, and I must say that the new "Miss Dior" was like a shadow of MDC 2011 and was very disappointing! I don't see why anyone would buy it over the other flankers! Personally, I'm going to snatch up another bottle of my beloved MDC 2011 while it still exists!

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

Nothing beats a real Chanel or Dior. But: If you would like to sample a VERY budget friendly 'clone' of Dior Cherie & Chanel Mademoiselle try Sanderling by Yves de Sistellle. (also a French manufacturer of perfumes, but very friendly priced).
I have Chanel Mademoiselle and I had Cherie and I can tell you; I don't know how it's possible, but it's amazingly close! Take a sniff and see how you like it : )

Pbeschi
Pbeschi

I had the old 2005 version and was my signature: strawberry gourmand and long lasting. My husband LOOOVED it! This one is too subtle and too generic. Sorry for Natalie Portman, who's one of the most beautiful Hollywood actresses. Plus, what's up with the name? It is so confusing!! Do Dior top managers study marketing at all??

Usavo qualche anno fa la versione del 2005 ed era il mio profumo preferito e anche quello di mio marito! Questa versione è banale e con poco carattere.Mi dispiace per la testimonial, una delle più belle attrici di Hollywood! E poi, che idea strana dare un nome uguale, ma scritto diverso. Bizzarro e confonde il consumatore finale; non studiano marketing i manager di Dior??

lilka

Margreet, i didn't read your question asked before that's why I was confused. In 2012 they released only MD fraiche, that's why I thought you were talking about that one. And what about changing names MDC to MD, they announced that they had changed ONLY NAMES and not the notes and i am pretty sure that they are identical. And your ( !!!!! ) and voilas!!! are not appropriate at all. you ask a question and people try to answer to you

Margreet

hegvie, I decided to quit searching the answer for my question:D
You are right, I smelled both, maybe there is a very petite difference but it still smells great so whatever. Not worth to ask, wonder, search the notes in it(insane). The most important is that we are still able to get ANY Miss Dior edp at the stores and it still smells gooood, yay!

hegvie

Haha, if I didn't love this scent so much, I would stop using it out of sheer frustration! I can't get a straight answer either about whether or not the 2011 MDC has been reformulated into the 2012 MD. At this point, I'm just trusting my own nose after comparing the two wrist to wrist several times.
When comparing the 2011 MDC and 2012 MD, I smell nearly no difference at all. If there is a difference, it is so slight that the overall scent is unaffected. I'm sure someone with a better trained nose than mine could detect the changes, but I cannot. All in all, I don't know if there is a change, but they smell the same to me. I absolutely LOVE the basically identical MDC 2011 and MD 2012. It's one of my "can't live without you" perfumes!

Margreet

Hi Lilka, ok. I will say it again;] I'm not asking about eau fraiche, I know it is edt,not edp. And I know it's new and it is on Fragrantica site already.But(!)the Miss Dior Cherie(one from above)has been replaced with a new one,called just Miss Dior eau de parfum. And Im pretty sure, I'm right. I just ask how the Miss Dior edP 2012 is different from Miss Dior Cherie edP ( the one from above) aviable in 2011. voila!!!!

lilka

Dear Margreet, the 2012 Miss Dior is not eau de parfume, it is eau de toilette and it is named Miss Dior Eau Fraiche( first of all), and then the ingredients are different, they have similarities,but 2012 version is much fresher and also have similarities with MDC L'eau.i am not expert of identifying the notes, I can only tell what i feel. MDC eau de parfum + Miss dior Cherie l'eau = Miss Dior 2012

Margreet

Hahaha, Alexandrarae, I'm not talking about couture limited version neither. I mean only Miss Dior Cherie 2011- which we actually comment now, and the new(not limited) version Miss Dior 2012 which is replacing the one we comment right now. I don't want to know about version 2005 or couture or bloomig or original or whatever. I care about the difference between 2011 and 2012 only, while(!) I already know ingredients of MDC 2011 having it above. I just need to know the Miss Dior 2012 eau de parfum notes. Unbeliveable how I can not find the answer for sucha simple thing:D:D:D

Alexandrarae

Hi Margreet - from what I can see the Miss Dior Couture 2011 is a "Limited Edition" - lots of citrus, jasmine, rose , patchouli, sandalwood and vetiver. Probably won't be available for too long anyway. No strawberries!! Not sure about the 2012 - maybe that's another limited edition? It's madness!!
Cheers, Alexandrarae

Margreet

Alexandrarae: thank you for the answer. The notes from 2011 I have( above), I even wrote them a few comments below. I rather ment md 2012. What is the exactly difference between 2011 and 2012? Do you know exact notes of 2012 and what is taken away from 2011?Popcorn is not in 2011 even so I knew..;]
greets!!

Alexandrarae

Margreet,review of "2011 Miss Dior Cherie Eu de parfum": citrus and wild strawberry, Jasmin, Sambac & Roses, amber and patchouli and sandalwood & Oakmoss. Absolutely no popcorn and totally different from the "new" Miss Dior (which I don't like either!) It has a silver bow with a square white/silver label on the front. I love it. Somebody is having a "Senior Moment" at Dior I think - keep forgetting just how many Miss Dior Cheries and Miss Dior's they have put out in the market! Good Luck with the 2011 - it's driven me back to the original J'Adore - at least I know what I am getting.
Cheers, Alexandrarae South Australia

boussoulitsa
boussoulitsa

it's lovely! kinda masculine in the drydown, must be the vetyver note!

Margreet

Ok, how can we be not confused if even at the dior point they are not sure about. Have been there twice, talk to a few persons and once I've heard that edp 2012 is the same as the 2011,just without "cherie", another time they told me it is different scent though! Modified. Some notes were changed etc. GREAT. And what is more, guess what, dior decided to change it because they received ALOT of complains about 2011 version. As far as I can see, you guys are complain about the 2012 new one. Can somebody tell me if Miss dior cherie 2011( that we are seeing above) is the same as the miss dior eau de parfum 2012?Does it contain the same notes but modified or some notes were dropped off for good(asking especially about wild strawberry and amber)? And I'm not talking about md original, only miss dior cherie eau de parfum 2011 and miss dior eau de parfum 2012.
and btw, some people compare miss dior to coco mille. It's the same in a very beginning, but dry down is way more sophisticated, less fruity, less soapy, more powdery.DIFFERENT...IMO...And this is what makes me to choose MD over CM.

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

Its a heavy smell but a good one!Its for cold winter days and nights!!

marielisagrant
marielisagrant

dear dior, please come and read the hot mess that is fragranticas reviews for your miss dior/miss dior cherie lines. i think you'll see what you've created. two lines of fragrances that are polar opposites that no one can distinguish between by packaging or names. what does this lead to? well prior customers of either line not being able to repurchase their fav fragrance and dissappointment when trying to purchase "that miss dior thingy perfume i tried once"
love, us all xxx

mylancome

Fyi, Dior still producing the Original Miss Dior perfume, so no worries. But if Dior does, you may go to Mitsuoko EDP.

Alexandrarae

Dear Alana, meant to say the new Miss Dior is called the "Miss Dior Couture Edition" - not to be confused with the original Miss Dior of the 60s! It is very confusing and I wonder if Dior is not selling much of the original Miss Dior and are trying to replace it with this Couture Edition! They will upset the die hard original Miss Dior fans if they do. It's a bit of a mine field isn't it!

Alexandrarae

Dear Alana - this version is still "Miss Dior Cherie" 2011 - I tried it out in Duty Free Los Angeles - ended up buying it on QANTAS flight home to Australia end of May. This perfume has citrus, strawberries, rose and jasmine (no caramel popcorn) so is quite different from the 2005 version. The "Miss Dior" you are talking about is another one entirely, came out late 2011/2012 - I agree with you - it is not "sweet" - closer to the original "Miss Dior" from the 1960's! The 2005 "Cherie" version is far too sweet for me - I love the 2011 one but the new "Miss Dior" is not warm enough - far too sharp! I am 70 & not a Miss anymore but the "Miss Dior Cherie 2011" is "just right" (like Baby Bear's porridge!). Cheers, Alexandrarae

alana.volskaya
alana.volskaya

ALRIGHTY i'll answer some of the questions people have raised here.

first, yes this is the new MISS DIOR.... same smell, they just dropped the 'cherie'. .... not to be confused with the 2005 cherie.

the difference between this smell and the original cherie is that this one lacks caramel popcorn. BIG DIFFERENCE. deal breaker for me.

this new frag is NOT SWEET. so if you're saying its sweet ur probably talking about anything u bought before march 2011.

bad move on dior's side - im all for getting rid of anti-semites, but dont punish US by taking away our favorite perfume.

Alexandrarae

Another update from me - have now taken it back from my daughter (she onlywears Lancombe Tresor anyway)! Tried it out when I was at her house again and it lasted a good 8 hours - the more I sniffed it the more I liked it. Wore it to the hairdressers today and 4 people asked me what perfume I was wearing as it smelled so good. Has a lovely peachy/strawberry edible top note for a good hour or so then a sweet warmth when the florals kick in. This lasts for ages - I have been "won over" It is more of a "mmmm" that smells gorgeous fragrance - not too citrusy when you consider what is in it. Fresh, delicious and definitely moreish. Very feminine and I will be keeping it and wearing it with pleasure.

Penguin.pae
Penguin.pae

so sweet sweetie i luv it very much i am adore with its sowonderful to me and long lasting in my skin so fabulous!!!

sweethk
sweethk

I love it its sexy palyfull and the lasting power is amazing this is my fav perfume of all times....

nurhidayah
nurhidayah

At first im so excited wearing this perfume to school.but my students said i smell horrible in it..so dissappointing because of the expensive price bit all i get was negetive comment.sorry for bad english

jventura489

This is so beautiful! I just wish it weren't so sweet. I tried it on this morning. I am enjoying this scent and will try wearing it more often. I forgot how lovely it is on the skin. It has a sweet soapy scent in the beginning with a lot of raspberry, I can't wait for the drydown in a couple of hours :)

Margreet

@hegvie, I thought so that there is more ingredients in but they show only the basic of every layer.that's great if the notes stay the same, at least in edp... wich i dont have yet but wiling for;] now I have edt and at the dior spot they told me it doesnt contain pralines etc anymore... so I'm confused a bit with my edt still:) but loving it very very:D

EDIT: ok, i checked the website word after word. Here we go:

MD EDP 2012:
top notes: blood orange, bergamot, sicilian mandarin.
middle notes:jasmin, rose,turkish orange, patchuli.
base notes: sandalwood, vetiver.

Hmmm, I'm not really happy to not have wild strawberries, amber or moss in MD anymore:/ but well,

MD EDT 2012:
Top notes: blood orange,neroli.
Middle notes: turkish rose, gardenia, jasmin, ylang ylang.
Base notes: patchuli

Maybe I'm wrong and edp still contains amber,etc but at least on the official website it is not mentioned anymore...

ac51802
ac51802

My hubby got Miss Dior (not Cherie) perfume for me for Valentine from Macy’s, knowing how much I loved the original Cherie(I mean 2005 version), when I tried it, I felt almost cheated. On my opinion, in this version the “Miss” went straight to “Grandma”, because this is who it reminds of, and it smells stale to me. Chypre note is overpowering, especially at the beginning. It is gone in a 20 min or so, whatever is left are very faint traces of the actual Cherie, which do not last long either. I just do not understand the reason for change; it should have been different version, perhaps called “Missis Dior”...

jventura489

Oh Miss Dior Cherie how I loved thee...I'm no longer in love...It's too sweet and I find myself only grabbing it every now and then, and not really wanting to put it on...what gives?

renascent
renascent

I checked with Dior on the new Miss Dior that was "Miss Dior Cherie". I wanted to know if they have changed the scent yet AGAIN and they said the EDP has been 'enhanced' while the EDT remains the same. I wish they would leave well enough alone and I told them so. Arg.

hegvie

@Margreet, I saw that on the Dior site as well, but I assumed they were only listing key notes instead of all of them. Could that be the case? I can't imagine that they're only using 3 notes in the MD 2012 (Patchouli, Jasmine, and orange notes). I posted before that I was able to compare the MDC 2011 alongside the MD 2012, and my nose detected only a very slight difference if any at all. In fact, if anything, I felt the MD was actually sweeter. I wish we could confirm this!!
However, I agree with you that the new Miss Dior is amazing nonetheless!
And I agree that there should be a new MD 2012 in the list.

Edit: I spoke with a Dior counter manager at Macy's, and she said that the notes have only been tweaked but not changed. She also confirmed that Dior is only listing the 3 main notes on the website but not all of them. Overall, they haven't changed the scent enough to warrant alarm, but what a marketing nightmare!

Margreet

@Dandydandelion, it's not the same fragrance:/ I'm suprised that it's not on this site yet. I bought edt thinking I will get praline notes etc. If you go to the website of miss dior, you will see that the difference is big.EDP 2012 is only patchuli, jasmin and some orange notes. edt 2012 instead of jasmin(wich you can find in edp) contains mandarine. We don't have all these sweet notes anymore, nevertheless it smells delicious so i dont mind my mistake but still... a bit "hmmm" for buying non praline MissD. Somebody should put new MD 2012 on the list of Dior cuz it's confusing a bit.

dandydandelion

so can anyone tell me for sure whether the the new version (miss dior 2012) is the same exact fragrance as miss dior cherie 2011?

phuonglnh
phuonglnh

At the beginning, it is sweet and warm, but the dry down smells almost the same as Coco Mademoiselle.

mandashell
mandashell

Just wanted to say that I received this in a swap and I love it and the 2005 very much! :D Owning both I feel that neither is more superior than the other because they are similar in nature but quite different. I'm still mad that they are discontinuing these editions but can appreciate both versions for different reasons.

This one is VERY beautiful on my skin. Delicious citrus with a hint of Strawberry, light floral accents and soft but golden patchouli. Overall this has a perfect sweetness. It just smells darn good and I LOVE IT! :p

This verison has a very good lasting power as well. I get at least 8hrs with a good sillage and I don't have to press my nose to skin in order to catch a whiff of it hours later. No, it isn't as loud as the 2005 or as unique but it is still GORGEOUS. When I run out of my bottle I'd happily purchase another. :D This is just wonderful.

But Dior seriously...all I want is the option to own both and have them readily available for purhcase when I run out!!! o.O Can you make that happen....? :) PURTY PLEASE. :D

puppygirl23
puppygirl23

I WANT so bad i hope i get it and i LOVE the bottle too :}

evy.gc
evy.gc

THIS IS THE 2010 VERSION. AND IM SO IN OVE WITH IT!... IT HAS THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF SWEETNESS AND FRESHNESS! ITS LUXURIOUS NOTES MAKES YOU FEEL HIGH CLASS, GIRLY, SEXY AND WONDERFUL. ITS MY SIGNATURE PARFUM AND I THINK IT WILL BE FOR A LONG WHILE!
*I HAVE 2 BOTTLES FOR SALE*

hegvie

After the confusion over Miss Dior Cherie vs. Miss Dior (see Mizzpurrfect's review below), I ran to the store where they actually have a tester of Miss Dior Cherie and the new bottles of Miss Dior (formerly Miss Dior Cherie). I was able to test the two together and found that the new Miss Dior is very similar to the old. However, Miss Dior is slightly sweeter while Miss Dior Cherie was a little more fresh smelling. Perhaps Miss Dior is a return to the 2005 version of Miss Dior Cherie (before the 2011 change)? Or perhaps my nose was expecting to smell a difference between the two, and so it did...
Overall, the new Miss Dior is sweet, sensual, and playful. Longevity is great even 6 hours after application. Lovely!

edlina
edlina

Iam a fan of sweet perfume, so this is perfect for me..

BYE BYE Miss Dior Chérie
the cofusion about Miss Dior Chérie seems to be continued:

'Miss Dior Cherie' – This will soon disappear from shelves and has been renamed 'Miss Dior'.
'Miss Dior' – The new name for what was known as 'Miss Dior Cherie'.
the juice inside seems to be again reformulated!!!! confusing in some way, because Dior has a fragrance called 'Miss Dior' since 1947!
The Dior website shows both 'Miss Dior' fragrances on a Miss Dior page. The original Miss Dior Chérie is now simply called 'Miss Dior' incl. launched flankers from Miss Dior Chérie are renamed such as reformulated as well.
on fragrantica they are listed as special edition, but it seems to be rather the new line than a LE. Miss Dior Chérie as we loved it, (caramel-popcorn-strawberry) seems to have gone forever. at least it's not anymore listed on Dior's website.... :(
btw.
The original Miss Dior from 1947 is now called 'Miss Dior Original'. No mention of anything ever being Chérie on Dior's website.

they are mentioning:

Extrait de Parfum Original
Eau de Toilette Originale

Airdna
Airdna

This totally reminds me of Yves Rocher So Elixir, from the opening to the dry down! Both are sweet warm fragrances in an oriental fashion. So Elixir seems to be sweeter and warmer though, while Miss Dior Cherie seems fruitier. But the overall impressions are very similar.

mymlan
mymlan

I tried Miss Dior Cherie EdP a few days ago. I really liked the yummy patchouli start. It smells more complex than ordinairy fruitchoulis of today which I'm thankful for. A few hours later, during the bloom of the heartnotes I surprisingly picked up notes similar to Chanel Chance.

I like Chance but as I've already finished a few bottles and after that moved on to Allure Sensuelle, this part of MD Cherie EdP is definately a big "like", but not "love".

The drydown is deeper but quite faint. I find it pretty and the projection is low on my skin.

In all I find MD Cherie EdP a very wellcrafted mature and pretty scent. For a 30 + woman young at heart.

Irisfvh
Irisfvh

I love this perfume. It's the best thing I ever smelled. I don't wear this to college and work as it's quite expensive. plus i work with animals, so its a bit too strong to wear on a "normal" day for me. so I wear this on a date, an evening out to a restaurant or another special occation. LOVE it

TaniaClamp
TaniaClamp

Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum opens with an explosion of patchoulli, mandarin orange and strawberries. The scent becomes progressively deeper and warmer, with amber and floral notes. It develops into a creamy sensual strawberry tart that after a few hours begin to develop a more powdery soap scent, but still with a touch of strawberries. I love it. The scent is perfect for a feminine, sensual and aware woman. The scent is suitable for all occasions every day of the year. The aroma has a very good shelf life of approximately 8 hours and I always get comments when I use it, both from men and women. Yummy, yummy!!!

Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum öppnar upp med en explosion av patchoulli, apelsincitrus och smultron. Doften blir gradvis djupare och varmare, med bärnsten och blommiga noter. Den utvecklas till en krämig sensuell smultronbakelse som efter ytterligare några timmar börjar utveckla en mer pudrig tvåldoft, men fortfarande med en tuch av smultron. Jag älskar den. Doften passar perfekt för en feminin, sensuell och medveten kvinna. Doften passar alla tillfällen alla dagar på året. Doften har en mycket bra hållbarhet i ungefär 8 timmar och jag får alltid kommentarer när jag använder den, både av män och kvinnor.

Koukla190
Koukla190

I received a mini sample of this with another Dior purchase recently, and I have to say it is pretty good! I'm not sure, though, if this is the newer version or the older one because the bottle says "Cherie" on it and supposedly the newer version dropped the "cherie." But it also doesn't make sense that they would give me a sample of something that's soon to be discontinued...so I don't really know what version this is! hahaha! I really do like the smell though! It does have sort of an alcohol-like note, but that's kind of why I like it, it reminds me of a sweet desert wine, mmmmm, or like a yummy strawberry jam, a sweet syrupy nectar kind of smell. This is a sweet smell that I like. It is grown up and sophisticated, not a juvenile kind of candy sweet smell. It also has a bit of a dry, mossy quality which balances out the sweetness. I also find it somewhat warm and caramel-like On me, it goes on very strong at first, but then calms down. You can still smell it, but I don't think it's quite as strong as some other perfumes. It lasts a pretty good amount of time as well, but not crazy long....But overall I think this is a very nice perfume, kinda sexy, sophisticated, different, I like to use it to change things up once in a while and sometimes I just crave that smell. I think this is a very nice fall/winter/early spring scent. It also is a very unique scent. Though it smells very similar to Coco Mademoiselle, I don't know of any other perfume that smells like those twp scents. I also like Miss Dior Cherie a little bit better than Coco Mademoiselle, it just has a little bit something extra that I like.....

Gabriela
Gabriela

This perfume grew on me....I got it as a gift and thought it was pretty, but I admit it didn't drive me crazy....

But after wearing it for a while I just knew I couldn't be without it anymore...

On me it starts with a splash of tangy strawberries and sour mandarines, followed by earthy patchouli...I also detect a buttery saltiness under the tanginess...This note I perceive underneath is the one I enjoy the most...

It's true, Miss Dior Cherie does have a resemblance to Coco Mademoiselle, but I think CM has a piercing green quality (I like this perfume too, I'm just trying to point out the differences) and it lacks the saltiness I love in MDC...

Sillage and longevity are amazing! But it is so sad that it's been reformulated again...

mylancome

Paumag: the juice is less caramel sweet, more citrus and more patcouli. A more mature version. The label is in sticker, withmetalic chrome ribbon.

tiana_princess
tiana_princess

feminity in a wonderful bottle! i love this perfume so much! i think that this is one of the best floral perfumes! :)

fgamz

i actually got this for christmas and i love love love love love it!! I smell so sophisticated and classy, def something i didnt feel when i tried the original miss dior cherie.. Its light but strong, its not as gourmand as the original, but its better in a way that it is more grown up..

I couldnt care less about the old one, i love this perfume to bits!! I cant stop smelling me.. The sillage is okay, because its so light it would be a bit quick to get away but def after a few 7 or 8 hours, which is def better than other perfumes i have tried..

misscherie07
misscherie07

Omg i just bought this fragrance for christmas I <3 it
it smells amazing.

Nikka Miró
Nikka Miró

I'm experiencing a passion with this perfume, not a passion dark, but light as the breeze of winter at the shores of Senna ...
The floral bouquet it is so irresistible, has a docility frutada with a touch green .... For me, denotes a woman in her femininity, alge adult some 30 years. Knowing that can play with seduction without being vulgar. Very chic, very French is like receiving a bouquet of roses with a box of macaroons at the first meeting!

Casi

p.s. Dior, shame on you for being so deceptive, wishy washy and gratuitous. You have surpassed flankers by making a reboot of your own rebooted flanker. To say the least, this reflects poorly on the company. I can't even imagine what long-time lovers of Miss Dior, (not MDC), are feeling or will soon feel! Those that do not read here are going to go for their purchase of their beloved fragrance and instead of getting Miss Dior, they will get what exactly? WTF?!? Absurd.

Casi

I pride myself on never typing up a "non review" here on one of my favorite websites, (I love you Fragrantica!), but I just cannot help myself. Like many others, I have gone from confused to pissed to downright OVER IT. I have about 3 little sprays left of the original Miss Dior Cherie, circa 2005. It is in a small sample spray, as I never purchased a bottle of that eccentric, quirky fragrance with it's strawberry jam smeared over buttery toast note. While I was busy playing catch up and getting my favorite goodies from other fragrance houses, I expected MDC to be there. It was, after all, a best-selling fragrance like Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle. Besides, I remained on the fence. Did I *really* love that eccentric, quirky fragrance in that lovely bottle with the silver bow? At first, I thought, "No. I don't like this. It just isn't ME." Later, I asked, "Why, then, when I take out my spray sample, can I NOT stop compulsively pressing my nose to my wrist all day long? Wait a minute! I actually enjoy this perfume enough to call it love! It's not something I would want every day or even every week. But it is something that I definitely want." By the time I came to this realization and had the money set aside to commit to purchasing my very own full bottle, I read here of it's reformulation. I was worried, but certain that I would be able to find a bottle of the old juice.

Still, I had to be sure so I requested small samples from three seperate locations. I wanted to come home and compare each sample with what my dwindling vial of the original. Here is where the confusion began. My S-----A sample smells "off," (March 2011). It goes on smelling burnt, sharp and stale. Out of several dozen samples from S-----A, I have only experienced this "perfume gone bad" thing a few times. Though I don't know the explanation, I can only assume it has to do with some perfumes being exposed for long periods to the bright lights and air sans their protective caps or tops. At first, I thought that the S-----A sample was just the reformulation and I was shocked at how terrible it was. Luckily, I had my two other samples, (one of which was like pulling teeth to obtain). I tested both of the others. The one from Nords was definitely the 2011 version. It was nice but boring. Basically, patchouli with some juicy orange and a hint of strawberry. Gone was/is that quirky caramel popcorn and jammy strawberry. 2011 MDC is "fresh" and could be worn by anyone. It lacks depth, character and charisma. It also lacks any power. On my skin, one spray of 2005 MDC just lingers forever and then some. 2011 MDC dries down very quickly, turns into a safe whisper and completely disappears within 3 hours.

Finally, my samples from two other dept. stores were obviously the original formula or at the very least, the 2007 version. They smelled very close, if not identical to my precious "old" sample. As I type this, I haven't even gotten to the most frustrating element of this whole nonsense and I suspect I am not alone in what I am about to write. In two states, (California and Texas), and over 6 different retail locations, not ONE SINGLE Sales Associate has heard ANYTHING about the 2011 reformulation. In fact, when I tell them, I am met with either "Really? Are you sure it isn't just different packaging?" or more often, "Nothing has changed with Miss Dior Cherie. I have sold countless bottles and all of my customers are happy...no one but YOU has noticed any difference. You are mistaken." When I insist that it is different and offer to direct them to this site for proof, they turn defensive and at times, downright pissy towards me! I spent enough years working in Retail Sales to know when someone is brushing me off, rolling their eyes and sneaking behind a counter to talk sh!t about the paranoid customer.

So, what am I to do? I know for a fact that there is a half-full bottle of the old juice on display at my local D------'s. I actually offered to pay full price for that half-used up tester bottle. I have no other way to know for certain which version I am getting! The Sales Manager was firm and told me that there is no way she would sell me that tester...that she "can't." Puh-lease! Hell, she could say the bottle broke, zero it out of inventory and pocket the $80+ bucks. haha! Just sayin'. Instead, she and everyone else tells me that what they have on display is the *same exact* product as what they have for sale behind the counter and therefore, I must purchase a new, unopened bottle. Since they refuse to listen to me or show any interest in educating themselves and clearly, Dior has no interest in educating their retailers, I refuse to waste everyone's time by purchasing a new bottle that may or may not be what I want. At this point, it is coming up on almost one year since the reformulation and the odds of me getting the oldie is pretty small, right? I would have to open it, spray it, realize it is not the product I want and return it on the spot. That would just be more stress than it's worth. And honestly, I know for sure that any SA would certainly be beyond annoyed with me for doing that.

Now the confusion deepens as the "Cherie" is being dropped and if this past year is any indication of future experiences, I am going to be told that this "reboot" is only a packaging change, blah blah blah. I suppose for the "casual" perfume wearer, the 2011 version may seem the same...or if they notice a difference but no one has told them any different, they chalk it up to new bottle vs. their older bottle or maybe they think their nose is wrong...or their skin chemistry has changed. Hell, I don't know what they think. How can customers and Sales Associates NOT detect the clear difference? Ladies and Gentleman, I think I can speak for the majority of "non-casual" 'fume heads when I proclaim: THE NOSE DOES NOT LIE.

I realize this is not a review and it may be borderline rant-like, but I just had to express my frustration with this whole Miss Dior Cherie debacle. I don't have any personal friends that will get where I am coming from like my fellow Frangrantica members. So, please accept my apology for breaking my own rule. I have vented rather than reviewed, but it's finally off of my chest and though it may be annoying to a few, I am certain that some of you will empathize with my experience regarding MDC. At this point, I am so annoyed by the whole thing that even that quirky, eccentric juice isn't even enough to warrant one more blank stare or dismissive denial.

mylancome

Manisteph: is it really smell like Coco Mademoiselle? I had test both EDP, CM is cloying, less citrus, makes me vormit, can't eat. While Miss Dior is more breathable, more citrus, more sweet.

manisteph
manisteph

I had a bottle of the old version. Unfortunately, it ran out, so I decided to get a new one yesterday. However, after smelling the new version I changed my mind. Won't repurchase it unless I'll find the old version. The new version smell's exactly like Coco Mademoiselle. Why change the formula of an unique perfume and then make an imitation of another perfume?
If I want to smell like Coco Mademoiselle I'll buy the original perfume, not an imitation of it. And then they even say it's a more sophisticated version... Oh, Dior, I think it's quite the opposite!

fgamz

i saw this on dior website as Miss Dior, do you think they will bring back the old Miss Dior Cherie??

just wanted to update that i love love love love love this perfume, its def better than the first one as its more mature and not so candy and sweet, its still sweet but def more fruity floral rather than sweet fruity..

TX-in-NH
TX-in-NH

Really classy Patchouli. I also use with the shower gel and lotion which is heavy on the strawberries. But the perfume is sexy. Oddly reminds me of one trip to Houston to visit a crush. He was roommates with a hippie artist who wore Patchouli. Funny how scent does that.

Nicole79
Nicole79

This is Miss Dior EdP, with out Cherie! The new version .
I test it today and...well...i'll be honest.
The first version didn't apeal to me bcz that wine/alcohol note !!!
Miss Dior Edp 2011 is similar to the 2005 version, but better in some ways thou..;)

No more wine, same cotton candy in the middle( which i adore ), more sweet vanilla ...but...there is a but....the base notes are very close to those of Coco Mademoiselle EdP, same patchouly-clean- white musk, powdery vanilla. The lasting power...hmmm..not too good, the sillage pretty weak .
This is a fragrance very close to skin, discret and subtle.
I wish it was more strong, the middle notes more long living ,more cotton candy and not so similar to Coco Made. EDP...which i already have .
Still...i would like to have it in my wardrobe , bcz it's a pretty - Chic fragrance and the bottle is so beautiful ! ;)

mylancome

They just change the label.

cheeks
cheeks

Dior has gone back to its classical roots and you can smell it in this new version of Miss Dior Cherie. Far less whimsical, far more 'Dior' than the original. Oh yes, definitely far more deserving to be a Miss Dior flanker compared to the previous edition. I mean seriously...A Dior scent smelling of patchoulli-ed strawberries and *gasp* pop-corn, a cheap snack??? Sure, I thought the original was cute, fun, quirky and a masterpiece in its own right (kind of like how Britney's Fantasy is a masterpiece in its own right), but it was no proper 'Dior'. While there are similarities between the old and new version (still 'sweet' and full of strawberries), this one took out everything high-pitched, cutesy and quirky out of the previous version and replaced it with elegance, class and sensuality, attributes of a real Miss Dior. It's still cheerful, innocent, youthful and romantic, just in the classical Dior style this time, most evidently noted in the dry-down. I can see myself wearing this scent anytime and anywhere, now as a 26 year old, and even 20 years from now, and it would still smell elegant, vibrant, feminine...if you really stop to think about it, this is closer to what a modern-day 'Miss Dior' scent should smell like, not of pop-corn/patchoulli/strawberry-candy, leave that to Miss Spears and the rest. I repeat, leave the lip-smacking, yummy, sugary-junk to celeb scents, they're already doing a fantastic job with that particular genre of fragrances at a quarter of the price. This is a bold and commendable move for the Dior house, finally deciding to stay true to its brand and breaking away from the sugary-confection perfume fad so prevalent today.

evilspin
evilspin

This is very nice. Sexy and soft. I came across it while on the search to get my Mommy a new scent for mothers day. This would have been it but I'm such a luxury buyer and first came across Hermes Elixer. This one reminded me of that but you can't go wrong with Hermes. Even the name my mom was so excited upon reading Hermes symbol was on the box, that alone made the gift worthwhile :) (p.s. love Natalie for this)

chromaggia
chromaggia

Such a sophisticated scent! It makes me feel like I should be wearing a trailing gown and a pair of glittering heels. It's so soft and feminine.

nannaje
nannaje

Feminine and elegant floral. Love the smell! Staying power is horrible though. EDT staying power is much better! Edp is not worth the 750 kroner (125USD/95EUR) I paid for it (50ml.) in the store. If the staying power were better it would be one of my absolute favorites to wear!

Spido
Spido

I like this scent a lot! Nice and soft, with a bit of freshness, but luckily not very fruity. And it lasts and lasts! It is now over 10 hours since i put it on, and it still is quite strong. Never tried the 2005 version, so can't compare them. I have, however, tried Mademoiselle Coco and I see the similarities, but while I acutally love Miss Dior Cherie, I just like Mme Coco and wouldn't buy it.

Strange how this is percieved so differently by people: I see K1 above describes it as "No way for casual style", and my boyfriend said he thought it was a "sporty" scent... To me it is a cosy, informal scent.

Therese68
Therese68

I prefer this new version 2011. Love this perfume! My new signature scent!

chanellove17
chanellove17

umm to me it kind of smells exactly like coco madamoiselle by chanel.... which is okay. but i definitely prefer the old miss dior cherie... BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!

ladymillion123456789

they keep changing it now they have got rid of the Cherie and the new bottle will hit Myer stores soon terrible Dior just completely killed the fragrance there trying to start a new era in Dior without john galliano so there getting rid of all the john ideas and john made the name up Miss Dior Cherie.

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

It's now called Miss Dior, they dropped the "Chérie". As for the 1947 classic, it's now called Miss Dior Original.

Nenalata

OK, I retract my previous statement about this smelling the same as the old Miss Dior Cherie. As it turns out, the store I went to has had a tester of the old stuff sitting there all this time, and I didn't realise it until I was given a sample of the new stuff.

Anyway, as much as I love the old stuff, I think I like this better. I remember the first time I sniffed the original MDC; I exclaimed "BLEH!" and shoved the tester bottle away. Sure it was sweet, but the chypre notes were stronger than the sweet ones. I know I grew to love it, but I still thought that the chypre notes were too strong. In this version, the sweet and chypre notes are perfectly balanced. I can still pick out a few similarities between the new and old, but as I've said, this one is more balanced.

However, I do wish they had kept the old ad with Riley Keough in it, or done a similar one. It suits the spirit of the fragrance more than the new one does.

Oh, and I still stand by what I said about the label on the front being better than the silver writing on the glass.

Cecza
Cecza

I find both, the new and the old version, amazingly good. I just got the new one today and I totally love it!!! I can feel the similarity between the 2005 and the 2011 versions, but I also find the new one more fresh, more fruity. I wouldn't say that Dior made a mistake by launching this new fragrance, because it's absolutely lovely, elegant and youthful but they should sell the old one too!!! It's still very successful and has many fans, included me! :) One thing is for sure, both are very feminine and very classy! I love them! <3 :)

mylancome

Oceana: Maybe is after Dior fired John galliano, they change the formula of Miss Dior Cherie, so that that's nothing related to John.

Red Rose
Red Rose

I agree with those who says this scent is very youthful. I'm sniffing this now on my wrist & all I get is CANDY & nothing but candy. As if I'm walking into the biggest candy store ever. This is totally difrent from 2005 version in my openion.

2005 version was a true classic why change it Dior

jasmine28x
jasmine28x

The new version stinks...don't buy it.

So bad I miss old version(2005). Shame on Dior for changing the scent. I will caramelized popcorn scent.

LilyYu
LilyYu

I also loved older (2005) version. The new version is horrible!

SapphireDaisy
SapphireDaisy

I am just now discovering Miss Dior Cherie right when they go and change it. I fell in LOVE with the 2005 formula but HATE the 2011 version!!! The 2011 formula lasts a little lomger but it just STINKS and gives me a headache! I guess I will have to shop on ebay from now on...what a SHAME! More like SHAME on Dior.

raewi
raewi

Im a big vanilla fan, but too much vanilla causes me headaches! BUT in this perfume i can smell the vanilla without actually feeling dizzy! the ingredients just go perfect with each other! BALANCED!

But the only problem i have with this perfume is the fact that it isnt as longlasting as it is supposed to be... lasts only for an hour with me!

parfumfashion
parfumfashion

I love this perfume and the body lotion its nice to put on when going out for lunch or just anywhere really I enjoy it. I used to put it on everyday and everywhere. But now I guess I kind of got tired of the smell... but once in a while I do like putting it on.

Pinni
Pinni

At first I liked it, then I hated it and now I'm thinking about a small bottle.

By the top notes give me the impression of an "old scent" (like I've always identified it) though a classy would be better word for it.
The dry down is very nice on me. It gets quite subtle and soft, blends in perfectly with my skin. It's very nice but stays almost too close the skin.
(Though I checked out samples of two other scents too today so my nose might be a bit crowded at the moment.)

Makes me feel very classy and feminine as the other scents I wear are normally all different type. Feels as expensive as it is.

Edit: I got a sample bottle the other day and tried it on without any other interrupting fragrances. (I used about a half of the 1ml sample.) I have to say that I really changed my mind about the silage! This time I could smell it on myself all day!

primadonna35
primadonna35

Hi,i bought a 50 ml bottle yesterday,i really liked it very much,it's better than the old version,this one is more fresh,floral,and a happy perfume,the longlasting and silliage is great too,it's a musthave in a perfume collection,i'm planning to wear it daily, not for special occasions,thanks Dior,you're designing and producing perfect perfumes.

TheCountess
TheCountess

I tried this on today and had to buy it. Like in the commercial, it represents a sexy playful girl/woman. I'm very glad I bought it because it smells great on me. I am not a fan of these kind of smells, but I liked it and the bottle is gorgeous.

RosaMilena
RosaMilena

Miss Dior Cherie EDP 2011 - Floral Chypre

Delightfully Gorgeous, Fun, Flirty, Richly Feminine, Joyfully Sensual concoction. I am tickled to death by this sophisticated little number. Thankfully, it is very much NOT the sickening bubble gum sweet, syrupy, caramelized-popcorn foody mess of the 2005 version. This one is an unmistakeably DIOR chypre floral with its stamp of richly sensual spicy elegance coupled with an understatedly sweet-earthy, flirtatious sexiness typical of the house.

This one opens with a mouth watering invitation of citrus and juicy strawberries followed by a shower of jasmine sambac and roses, resting finally in a freshly earthy bed of vetiver, sandalwood, oakmoss, amber and patchouli. I usually dislike an overly heavy, dirty patchouli. Here however, the patchouli is kept in check with a shot of freshly clean oakmoss balanced with the warm depth of sandalwood and deep womanly amber. Vetiver is the note that bolsters the entire base and actually provides further anchoring depth and a perfect finishing touch to a warm embrace of earth beneath the lovely fresh fruit and understated florals.

This mixture is fascinating on my skin in the balance achieved by the delicious fruity-floralness and the freshly bracing, yet warm earthy base. The combo folds outward into a curiously addicting mixture of sexy fun and serious sensuality at all once. Rather like being naked in a luxurious bed of jasmine and roses while snacking on succulent strawberries and oranges as a vial of exotic incense sends wisps of amber/vetiver/patchouli through the air while you recline in a forest of sandalwood dripping with oakmoss. I love it.

TakaBeata

New version EDP is also very nice. The beginning is fruit-, floral. The end, finish of the scent , base I feel: vanilla and woody notes .
Instead the version EDT is a lot lighter and reminds to me something among coco madmoiselle and chanel premiere in the lighter version.
This version EDP more reminds the old Miss Dior Cherie :))

GataBella
GataBella

very interesting! sprayed it for first time today. since i've been looking for an alternative to coco mlle, here are my findings:

on first spray: reminds me a lot of a 'sweeter' coco mlle EDT. but MUCH sweeter... like, but don't love.

an hour later: very nice, can smell freshness, patchouli, soapy, yummy. now it really reminds me of coco mlle (in a good way!) this also wears MUCH better on my skin at this point than coco EDT. i like that...

12 hours later: the drydown is ambery, not so patchouli, which is different from mlle, in that its drydown is very patchouli.

overall, however, i think this fragrance is quite gorgeous. i can see how many women would love it and make it their signature scent. :)

fgamz

sprayed it and so far i really like it, it does smell a lot like the old one but its def not as sweet, the top notes are really similar to the 2005 version, i sprayed chanels CM on my other wrist and miss dior cherie so far is overpowering and has lasted much longer already, the base notes have already hit on CM and MDC is now entering its heart notes.. I always seem to go back to dior, call me crazy but i am a massive dior girl/freak... Thumbs up for this one!!! But dont discontinue the 2005 one!! Make it a classic or something!!!

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

My mom bougt it.. i invited her to try and she bought i am very smart because i dont have to buy because she already did lool.. so i can use whenever i want so its like it was mine.. i also let her wear mine :)

Kumiko1709
Kumiko1709

Love the top notes but I hate the dry down. The dry down smells like Indian oils, which grossed me out

Ana Pavao
Ana Pavao

I bought it thinking of the old version and its notes. It was a "floral" surprise for me not smelling the caramelized pop corn and other notes from the old MDC. First noticeable note is fresh mandarin, going to a sweetness of strawberries and jasmin. My disappointment was the excessive patchouli that lingers after a few hours. Amber and sandalwood are good discreet warm notes, but since I'm not a fan of patchouli, I have to control myself when applying it. It's fancy, good, but not my fave.

apassionforscent
apassionforscent

Well, I was recently in Paris wearing this scent, and I had a few Parisian men and women come up to me and ask what scent I was wearing, and the mother of my friend in whose house I was staying in, went out and bought herself a bottle after I arrived! All along in Paris, I was thinking, "Seriously? You are all French, and I come to your country wearing your French perfume and you buy it BECAUSE of me??"

I think I need not say any more. The fact that French people discovered this French perfume, because I arrived in France wearing it on me, says everything!

In it's own class. A class like no other.

Anybody who dislikes this perfume is probably the kind of woman who would wear an Avon or a Beyonce (hahahahahahahaha) perfume, so, don't even mind any negative comments about it.

Kazorwaman
Kazorwaman

This one has a sweet opening, but it changes to "DUNE" Dior scent to me :) So,if you have "DUNE", there is no need in "Miss Dior", to my mind...

mylancome

It satisfied my craving on sweeten strawberries, makes me feel young. Too bad my boyfriend don't like it said smells like cat urine (he hates all kind of berries), i will continue support this perfume. Maybe apply less, so won't be too strong for him.

treenhe
treenhe

*eugh i've had this on for 30 mins and i've got to scrub it off. all patchouli and sandalwood. nothing else, at all! no floral, no fruit, no enjoyment. i like the EDT but this is too much. it's almost just how i imagine pure civet to smell. as a result, i'm expecting to have problems getting rid of it with repeated scrubbings necessary.

Nenalata

A lot of lovers of the old MDC will probably yell at me for saying this, but apart from it being slightly less sweet in the drydown, I can't tell any difference between the old MDC and this one. Therefore, when my bottle of the old stuff runs out, I won't mind shelling out for this one. Also, I like the label on the front more than the silver writing of the old one.

NNN
NNN

Finally got to try this one!
I was a fan of the older version of Miss Dior Cherie, but, I must say that I'm already a huge fan of this new one!
As a person very fond of floral scents, I really enjoyed this one. The jasmine is very noticeable and the orange too - actually, the notes' combination came out a little bit like grape, but a very sophisticated and elaborated one.
Even though they're completely different and I'm going to miss the old version, I loved this one! Another great work, Dior!

melbritt24

I wore this out last night with my bf and when he hugged me he said "You smell so good!" He doesn't often positively compliment my fragrances...he has a critical nose. That comment made me very happy because my skin wears this scent so well and I have chosen the right signature!

Alexandrarae

Update: Have now passed this on to my daughter - have tried it 4 times now - starts off really nice but for some reason goes to powder and then absolutely nothing after the first hour or so - obviously my skin doesn't like it. Will be interested as to how my daughter goes with it. Will stick to J'adore from now on.

Cherry_158
Cherry_158

I just adore this frag!!!! it is one of my favouites!

orchid_84
orchid_84

I love this scent - it's a fun, fruity, girly indulgence. The wild strawberry is absolutely the most intense note for me. The patchouli and oakmoss are also strong and help to balance out the fruity sweetness. I also pick up on the rose and jasmine to some degree. The sweetness of this fragrance makes it fun and young, while the chypre notes add some sophistication. I wouldn't hesitate to wear this as a day or night fragrance. The lasting power and sillage are amazing. Miss Dior Cherie is one of those scents that I find happy and uplifting.

Many others have noted a similarity to Coco Mademoiselle. I agree it smells a little like CM, but for me it is only slightly. I love both fragrances, and definitely see enough difference that I would never confuse the two. Miss Dior Cherie is sweeter and fruitier than Coco Mademoiselle, while CM I find more citrusy, musky and spicy in comparison.

Pamella
Pamella

i bought a mini as i liked the sound of this but wasnt sure if it would suit me, im a bit of an indy cindy! I LOVE IT, it's beautiful! i will be investing in a bigger bottle and wearing it to many weddings next year, as its more of an ocassion scent than some of my others.

mademoiselle-c

I want to take back the negative things I have said about this fragrance. I recently reviewed it and called it young and immature. The truth is that I am addicted to this scent. I smelt something along the lines of it on a dress today (from when I sprayed it on at the boutique) and fell in love with it. I am surprised, considering I like such spicy orientals, that I am so drawn to this scent. Maybe it is the weather, or maybe it is the adornment of pink and bows in my bedroom that draws me in to this. This scent immediately hits you with strawberry and orange and makes you feel so girly. There is nothing wrong with a sophisticate wanting to kick back with a pink frilly dress and a pair of sling-backs once in a while. Miss Dior Cherie is the perfect way for the sophisticate - and any woman for that matter - to feel fresh, feminine and just a little flirtatious without having to feel young and juvenile. Just delicious.

- C xx

EDIT: today, we had a cold front in my area. I was wearing MDC. I used to get SO frustrated in the hot weather when this would dissipate after an hour. TODAY, I noticed it lasted for 5 hours! The trick to MDC is cool weather! Not to be worn in the summer. Go figure!

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

I smelled it before it was changed and I loved it so much. It's really expensive so I waited a bit, now they've changed the thing and it's not as good anymore, it smells like chanel coco mademoiselle and I don't like that one. But, sadly I spend lots of money on it. I use it now if I wanna be 'chic'. So sad.

Veroronnieronron
Veroronnieronron

If they are going to change the composition, its only logical to change the name properly to prevent confusion.

filleaplumes

Let me reiterate to reviewers that this bottle is the floral/chypre 2011 version which has several different notes apart from syrupy gourmand 2005 formulation. The bottles are similar except the 2011 has an embedded label and the 2005 title is etched in the glass. I'm unsure as to why fragrantica has added strawberry to the notes as its not present (although perhaps implied) according to Dior but is very apparent in the 2005. I feel this version is more comparable to Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Toilette (aka the pink one) which was also created by Francois Demachy (the 2005 was created by Christine Nagel) and I feel a liasion between the 2005 and 2011.

caliking
caliking

The top fruity notes and the middle floral notes make

them selves known from the get go

It's not sticky sweet, its fruity fresh,

It's a very Strawberry-esk Perfume

jacqui2011
jacqui2011

I purchased the Miss Dior Cherie Eau de parfum yesterday and it is amazing!!! It is a bit on the sweet side and it might be a bit girly for some but I am over 30 and absolutely love it!! It is my new signature scent. I waited a long time for something as nice as this.. Bring the other sweet celeb perfumes, this is the clear winner!!

bubblem3
bubblem3

Igual que la version del 2005 se parece mucho a Coco Mademoiselle, solo que en esta nueva version es menos dulzon. La verdad me gusto mas esta que la vieja =D Lo malo es mi gran problema de siempre: la perdurabilidad :( me puse 4 sprays en la muñeca y se me evaporo en 2 horas!!!! Bueno no importa mucho porque a pesar de todo me sigue gustando mas Coco Mademoiselle XD Con ella me pongo un spray y me fura todo el dia jujuju :D

Alexandrarae

I have just returned from the US and tried out 2 perfumes at the Duty Free in Los Angeles - chose J'Adore Eu de Parfum which I have had before and love but had also sprayed the new Miss Dior Cherie EDP on at the same time but felt it was a bit "sweet" for me. After we had boarded the plane home to Australia was aware of a delicious fragrance somewhere and realized that it was me! Thankfully I was able to purchase a bottle of it on the way home from the in flight plane service. Sometimes it pays to give yourself a good half hour or so to make up your mind about a perfume - it is similar to the Nina Apple fragrance - I didn't like that at first either but it grew on me and now I love it. I think that this will be the case with the new Miss Dior Cherie as well. It definitely smells good enough to eat and the staying power was very good - 14 hour flight home and I could still smell it on my wrist. I like this version much more than the candy sweet one that it was before.

Patricia84
Patricia84

can't believe they changed such an iconic and popular fragrance so dramatically :( it smells NOTHING like the previous ones!

Siv55
Siv55

This is so popular, and I am utterly bewildered as to why. I have tried more times with this one than I normally would because I keep thinking I must be missing something. It starts off very syrupy, like cough medicine crossed with jam, rose and strawberry jam, then it dies off into bland thick sweetness. Similar to Nina by Nina Ricci. It's nice enough but why does EVERYONE LOVE IT SO?? You guys must really really like jam??

sofiii
sofiii

This new edition of Miss Dior Cherie actually smells quite different from the others in the series. It starts with some tart sweet citrusy notes, somehow quite uplifting without losing a kind of ground, earth feel. However, I can’t help but notice that there’s a parallel between this and Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, but this is grander, golden, with heavier texture.

The jasmine and rose are both present, but mixed quite well, and somehow the synergy of this two smells quite like sweet rhubarb infused floral bouquet, which is quite similar to Ricci Ricci, but this is heavier, and more floral.

Later on, towards the dry down, I can smell something like Angel’s start-mid phase transition smell, maybe it’s the earth patchouli and other woody notes blended with the floral, but without the ‘armpit smell’ association here. It is more a praise to sweet caramelised popcorn infused with woods. I guess Dior knows how to play things light and discreet (as I heard the Miss Dior Cherie range is aiming at the Asian market).

I hate all the other Miss Dior Cherie’s which I’ve tried, and this one shines! I worn Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Parfum occasionally, but now I find this version of Miss Dior Cherie has more personality and less airy-sporty and I guess I would easily say this Miss Dior Cherie can easily replace CocoM in my wardrobe. Even though I’m not a fan of this Dipr type of sweet chypre, I would be really happy if being gifted a bottle of this.

Worth trying!

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I have to say I prefer this formulation to the old one. Whereas I found the old one way too sour, I think this is more graceful. Very fruity, warm and spicy but quite elegant. Similar to Coco Mademoaselle but a bit more sour. If I had to choose, I would go for Coco Mademoiaselle as it is smoother and not as spicy.

I detect an ever so slight hint of grapes mixed with spices on my skin (not listed here). Because of that, this perfume is vaguely reminiscent of Princess Marina de Bourbon (although the latter is way more spicy).

filleaplumes

I just opened up my new Lucky magazine to find a Coco Mademoiselle swatch so I thought I'd compare the two clear the air.

As others reviewed the opening is similar. Both fragrances yield many of the same notes: mandarin, jasmine, rose, patchouli but obviously its the notes that differ that make them stand apart.

What I love most about Miss Dior Cherie is the edible sweetness. Miss D's amber note compliments the sweetness of the mandarin, jasmine, and rose so well.. like steeping orange jasmine tea in honeyed rosewater. Coco is sweet but the additional flora (particularly the Mimosa) makes it more powdery and soapy (like other Chanel fragrances) versus Miss D which is more syrupy. Coco also seems more crisp and light I think due to the more tart bergamot and its absence of the more warm and weighty sandalwood in Miss D.

I wish I had the true eau de parfum but based on the magazine swatch Chanel's fruity/floral/chypre is an airy and uplifting scent where Dior's is more seductive and girlish. Both are pleasant complex french scents but Miss Dior Cherie just better paints my picture of the gamine woman I want to be! Bold, sweet, sensual, playful, youthful.. une Cherie!

CremeBrulee
CremeBrulee

I'm SOOOOOO upset that Dior has changed the 2005 version of MDC. I LOVE the original, especially because I like sweet perfumes. Gone are those days with the new version, which I think STINKS! To my nose, it is a completely different perfume and doesn't deserve the name 'Miss Dior Cherie'. If Dior was looking for a new, "mature" scent, then they should of come out with a whole new name or version, like they did with the 'MDC L'eau'. People who don't like sweet perfumes, pick out a different one! Simple as that! I'll never buy this new version. Dior has lost a faithful customer. Re-formulations rarely keep their original customers-i.e. Dior's Hypnotic Poison. So sad. :( If you've never smelled the original version of this perfume, you wouldn't understand...always got fabulous compliments on it.

melbritt24

The vetiver, sandalwood, and patchouli here are hypnotic! This fragrance has an anamalic tone that just enchants the wearer and lucky passersby! Gets 5 Stars - my new signature!

viveka
viveka

Please back old version!

I'm quite surprised how unattractive new version can be! :O Oh my Goddness, sorry, it's like out of date, old perfume spoiled by time...
The old one was exciting, like the priettest girl in the class, young, girlie, exploided with life.
Well, yes, the new one is more mature, more subtle but the same time is like that pretty girl who suddenly ended her study, find godd job and forget all about young, fresh, pretty and craziness.

Sorry.

Gone are those fascinating popcorn and strawberry wine notes. What's left in this new Miss Dior Cherie version, is a softer, less foody composition, that tends to focus more on the floral accords and candied strawberries, which is only a shadow of what this scent used to be.

Perhaps the original was too sticky or not really suited to anyone over the age of twenty, hence the reason why they felt a need to reformulate this popular scent. Is it classier? Methinks not. It's still young and sweet, but the syrupy goodness is lost, along with the array of juicy fruits.

Essentially Dior has produced a plainer, more wearable Miss Dior Cherie which should appeal to those older, richer ladies. As I said to the Dior sales person, this new version may appeal to those that disliked the original's gooey-sweetness, but it will most definitely disappoint Dior's hardcore fans.

LovelySally
LovelySally

I feel like I dont need to wear any makeup when i wear this perfume... mmm. i feels young and girly and fun and i feel like ice cream!
very sweet, cute kinda scent. takes me back to good old childhood days.

melia
melia

The opening is very sweet, candy and girly. The drydown however, becomes woody/mossy and the sweetness fades away for most of it's part, at least on my skin. So that's probably the more mature part they're talking about... As for silleage, I need to stick my nose to my wrist to smell it after an hour or so. I suppose it should be better on clothes, but on my skin it's not fabulous. So if you're wanting to buy this one right after the first smell in a spontaneous action, please wait! Because it does change... And however I was very jolly about the opening, I'm confused about the different charactre of the drydown. I'd never know with which clothes I'd have to wear this fragrance... Maybe it's the best to just be naked with a bow in my hair.

Trvevil
Trvevil

I tried this finally. I don't really remember well the old version, but still, I'll say that this is fresher and lighter. It's pleasant and nice, cute I'd say. Still girly. So, their attempts to make it more feminine and grown up is just some kind of bs. I smell strawberries in it! It is subtle but not sophisticated. I think it's rather simplified. I guess it's still is original-like, but weaker. By the way. Ha-ha! It reminds me Bruno Banani Magic Women. Like... really a lot. Not really a big difference. This is strawberries on me and those were a similar strawberries on me. These are more expensive though... Oh if you like strawberries and watermelons you should try Aigner Too Feminine then.

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

(Nostalgic Review)
I'm testing this new version of lovely Miss Dior Cherie thanks to a sample I got a pair of weeks ago, so I can definitely say that this EDP is really close to the previous, which I've had..but not in a good way, for my tastes at least.

At first, I don't like the fact that this is meant to be a refined, grown up (or what else) version of MDC 2005: I miss so much the playful - almost gourmand - strawberry and popcorn notes (I guess they were too girlie for the new sales target), but what did they put instead? It seems to me as some notes were just cut away from the previous EDP, and nothing more.
Also, the ultra linear rose-jasmin accord is supposed to make this EDP a more mature fragrance. Yawn....... But they didn't change the woody-patchouly drydown and the longevity, luckily.

I hate to say this, but to me this scent is just the pale shade of MDC as I used to know it.

pinkliciousx
pinkliciousx

I LOVE this perfume, its my go to perfume when I go out, a nice scent that gives off a flirty fun yet classy vibe :)

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

I’m very curious about this new version, cuz I do favor the edition 2005, I want to find out what’s different.

I’m using a sample today. For the first spritz, intuitively the opening of this new edition contains more caramel, more sugary and spicy I feel. I was a little disappointed at the change in its beginning… But quickly what comforts me is that when it comes into the middle, all the flowers from the original edition still there, Fresh, Clean and a hint of Soapy, this is my favorite part! And the lasting is still good enough.

I agree with some reviewers who said it has become more ladylike than the original. After all as we ourselves are growing up, Cherie is growing up too, right? On the whole, such a beautiful perfume is really something I will never turn town, though personally I still miss the 2005 for its lovely innocence and briskness.

cocomademoisellerie
cocomademoisellerie

@ EnjoyLife

Try Roses Elixir by Montale. It has the same strawberry + vanilla combination. It's lovely!

EnjoyLife
EnjoyLife

2011 version has some of the same characters as 2005, but it lacks all the freshness and the sweetness of the original one. It's a bit dry from the beginning and the drydown is denititely dry. I find this new version to be a bit boring and lame and it has lost it's spesific character that made the original special. I'm not going to stick to Miss Dior Cherie anymore and I'm on a search for a new perfume to replace the 2005 version as this one surely doesn't. Needless to say that I am disappointed.

(ps. I'm gonna check out Miss Charming by Juliette has a Gun, I think this might be a good choice for those attached to the original Miss Dior Cherie)

sweetgirl

yeah, they changed it slightly...as this one is more of a spicy floral dry down and has a punch of popcorn notes and a more chanel coco madeos. notes in the bottle great but, the 2005-09 version is fresh,sweeter and yummy! this is ok.

Hend Keshk
Hend Keshk

I can't describe how sexy and beautiful this perfume makes me feel! Absolutely loving it!

ClockworkCat
ClockworkCat

This is a truly delightful fragrance! I thought that I wasn't able to wear sweet fragrances (although I have always loved fruity fragrances)until the lady sprayed this peach coloured liquid on me. This is a sweet fruity scent, not 'Gourmand' in the toffee and vanilla way. There's just enough of the patchouli to give it depth and balance the lighter jasmine nicely. It's gone straight to my favourites list, even though previously I didn't think a sweet fragrance would be my thing at all unless it was due to amber or balsams.

This fragrance is devastatingly beautiful and I don't regard it as a Miss Dior Flanker. It's a fragrance all its own, more like a twin perfume with a different concept to the first Miss Dior.

This is a review for the newer EDP by the way, I like this version best so far.

xenia.vanwyk@yahoo.co.uk
xenia.vanwyk@yahoo.co.uk

I am so disappointed that the fragrance has changed. I bought a bottle of perfume recently and did not recognize the smell when I sprayed it on.
Where can I get hold of the previous version?
The packaging or name should have changed.
I have great memories attached to the previous fragrance.

Amaltea
Amaltea

У меня осталось 35 мл аромата 2005 года. Через интернет-магазин я заказала ещё 100 мл этих духов, но не знала, что мне пришлют версию 2011 года. Прислали именно её. Видимо старой 2005 года у них уже нет. Я увидела различие во флаконе. Бантик более красивый, как будто завязанный, наклейка с названием в ячейке на флаконе. Аромат почти не изменился. Более сладкий (меня это не пугает, я люблю сладкие ароматы)и более насыщенный.Больше мандариновой сладости в начале. Ну в общем не сильно отличается от старой версии. Это радует. Думаю, пирамида у этого аромата определённо богаче чем написано. Видимо, об этом сообщат позже. Мне кажется будет много общих нот с предыдущей версией. Отличие не значительное. Стойкость часов 6.Я не разочарована.

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

I got recently a tester bottle of the new version Miss Dior Cherie and it writes on it in English and French:

Fruity Floral Elegance
Italian Mandarin Essence
Egyptian Jasmine Absolute
Patchouli Essence

According to my opinion this one is not a chypre floral, it is more fruity floral as the bottle mention too.
I found it more wearable than the first one (which i used to have and after a while made me feel nausea) but they still are almost identical.
I think that if we weren't informed about the change of the perfume we wouldn't be able to understand it.

Miss Dior Cherie is not a mature scent for me.
I still find it a girly, sweet and fruity perfume which can make you smile after a really hard day!
This new version is great if you need something just for fun!
I mean perfumes must have fun and this one is surely amusing and makes you feel comfortable and cosy!
I would love to smell it at spring while the beautiful greek sun will make my day!!!

PS1: Strawberries are not mentioned in notes, many people wrote here that they miss them, but to be honest i'm 100% sure that i can still detect them in middle notes!
PS2: I still prefer the old bottle!

lilka

sounds very interesting!! I'll try it as soon as it comes to our country though I just purchased a big bottle of 2005 MDC

DJP
DJP

I have a 100 ml bottle of edp that I purchased at Heathrow airport in 2008. The bottle is definitely the one pictured for the new 2011 release.I believe that "abigail5328" has figured out the "mystery" that has us all so puzzled. I loved the 2005 version for what Octavian over at 1000 Fragrances calls it's "excesses". This new version sounds like a bore. Yawn...

lilka

people, please open the page of fragrance reviews of 2005 version and thoroughly watch all the ads of the perfume.At the end of each you will see different bottles but the ads are all about 2005 version[except L'eau of course]. Only in the very first video you will see the bottle with silver letters as it was represented in the picture and all the other ads of 2005 MDC including Sofia Coppola's have the bottle with label just like the 2011 version with N. Portman.

sweetgirl

I JUST EMAILED DIOR HEADQUARTERS.....SO WHEN THEY RESPOND BACK TO ME , I WILL LET YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT THEY SAID....TO SQUASH THE CONFUSION ..!!! :)

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

If you read the top description you will realize this is new version of MDC by a different nose a more grown up version. I had a chance to smell this new version at Bloomingdales. THis new version is a more tamed version of the original. The cherry note is not as pronounced as in the original that was the difference I noticed from just spraying it! But I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed with the staying power and the sillage. This doesn't compare to the original MDC. Applied it in the morning then sprayed again around 5 and then my sister came to visit at 8 and she could not smell it! Will use in the spring and summer but will not repurchase it, for that price tag they are gonna have to do better!

SenecaWhite

Hmm, well I don't know where you live but the perfume was released in March and Ulta (beauty and fragrance store) had it here and I tested it out. I have also seen the new bottles at Dillard's. There seems to be confusion with the bottles so I'm not sure if they had the new scent.

But the new scent is obviously different. This is a summary about the EDP from the official Christian Dior Website:

"A fragrance with a captivating, immediate charm followed by a more unexpected sensation. A sophisticated trail that expresses the multiple facets of a complex young woman. Concealing true richness in its heart, Miss Dior offers an intense, surprising change.

A modern chypre, the Miss Dior Eau de Parfum seduces with its fresh, citrus top note, then unfurls wih the harmonious blend of jasmine absolute and damask rose. A contemporary patchouli leads the transition towards woody base notes, structured around vetiver and sandalwood. An elegant, youthful Eau de Parfum, whose contemporary identity is sustained by the timelessness of chypre."

I don't see any mention of the caramel popcorn that the older one had. I also see that this one has vetiver and sandalwood, which the other one didn't.

They also have an interview with the designer, Francois Demachy, who talks about creating the perfume.

SenecaWhite

I don't understand all the confusion on this one. Have you guys even smelled it?? They are going to be similar since it's the same name but they are different versions.

The 2005 was a sweet, girly, carefree perfume. This one is more quiet, grown up, and sexy in a dignified manner. I'm all about sexy perfumes and I would never call the original one sexy.

The new one also doesn't have that abundant strawberry or caramel popcorn smell to it. The first spray does smell very similar but as it dries down, you know it's something different. Maybe that's why the sales associates think it's the same because they spray it on a spray strip, smell the first top notes and think "Oh, it's the same thing!" Spray it on your wrist and let the perfume develop in its full glory and there will be no more confusion.

ChickyC

@Caramela The new one is created by Francois Demachy, the old one by Christine Nagel - it can't possibly be the same perfume.
And why would Fragrantica post a news article for a new fragrance if it isn't.

I do have both and they are very different.

jellybeantree

The 2005 is discontinued everyone, my girlfriend works at a perfumery and they had to send the 2005 version back to dior! Sucks!!

saramariah
saramariah

I haven´t even smelled it and im not interested either! Why mess with what´s already Perfect?! No edition could be better than the 2005! If they want to add this one so be it but if they replace the 2005 edition i will cry:(

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

@Carmela, companies almost always launch their fragrances a month or two before the launch date. March 1st is just the date when all stores will have it.

That being said, this version is definitely different.

I went to Macy's on Tuesday and sprayed this on a card and it was the same identical scent.

Yesterday, I sprayed it on my skin and left Macy's. It was the same old Miss Dior Cherie. About 10 minutes later it completely changed into something else. It smelled a lot better than I remembered. I got a sample of the old one last year and when I sprayed it on myself I thought, "Ok, I don't need another bottle of this" and went on with my day. I kept smelling my wrists yesterday. I really want another bottle of this now! I'll update with a full review when I get this version. This just can't be ignored.

lilka

I can't understand why so many people are so confused. These are quite different fragrances with quite different noses behind.And if you are more attentive you will see that the bottles have many differences.[the name,I mean the letters are little]. they just CAN"T be the same,

@caramela
There seems to be so much confusion with this one :)

2005 - created by Christine Nagel
Top: pineapple, cherry, strawberry, mandarin
Heart: popcorn, caramel, jasmine, rose, violet
Base: patchouli, musk, amber

2011 - created by Francoise Demachy
Only known notes at the moment are the mandarin, jasmine and patchouli though I'm sure it is more complex than that.

I had the 2005 and now have the 2011 and to me, they are very very different fragrances.

miZZpuRRfect

@caramela: THE MENTIONED NOTES OF THE NEW VERSION AREN T THE SAME... read post before yours. the member listed the new notes which are obviousely different to the notes of the original. while the original was a Chypre Fruity the new verfsion has more floral... it's categorizised as a Floral-Fruity Chypre now with the new notes.

the new version does not feature gourmand notes such as caramel, popcorn, cherry and strawberry... these are evry characteristical for Dior Miss Cherie... so i can t imagine the new vesion smells identic.

SenecaWhite

This one is gorgeous!! Way better than the original Miss Dior Cherie!

According to the offical website, this is categorized as Fruity Floral Chypre. The notes are:
Top Note: Italian Mandarin
Heart Note: Jasmine
Base Note: Patchouli

"Dior's girl is grown up and is now a woman who loves!"
She's also a girl who is now sexy, wears stilettos, and will break men's hearts. This is a grown-up, sexy version of Miss Dior Cherie.

Love this!! :-D

@nicolemarie

I believe the 2005 bottle has "Miss Dior Cherie" embossed on the glass in silver. The 2011 version has a label on it - the same as the EDT and L'Eau.

Unfortunately the boxes seem to be identical which is why I had no idea I was buying the 2011 version - and in the UK there is no returns policy for an opened perfume :(

nicolemarie
nicolemarie

someone pleeeeeasehelp... are the bottle designs different??????? if so how ....so much trying to find a 2005 edition but dont know what to look for ;-( xxx

ChickyC

I went into town yesterday to get a bottle of the 2005 version before it disappeared only to open the box and find the 2011 version. I was quite excited to try it and have been wearing it for the past 24hrs.

The opening is VERY similar to Coco Mademoiselle! The EDT has some CM in the middle but this is instant - in fact this morning I thought I'd picked up the wrong box!

I sense no strawberries or juicy fruits at all - I don't know if that's still a note. It soon settles to a very soft almost babypowder scent which lasts on me about an hour then it sweetens with a very light floral background (maybe some caramel or popcorn still present?). I don't get any patchouli but it is sooo soft perhaps I re-applied before it got to any base-notes! I'll be really interested to see the actual notes as my nose isn't trained to recognise them yet.

Longevity - 5/6 hours.

It is gentle, soft and very feminine - but has none of the character of the 2005 version! As I already have CM I would rather have bought the EDT and hunted down a bottle of the 2005 version personally, but I'm sure many will love it.

jellybeantree

I don't get it , I think Dior made a big mistake! I just tested it today and it is a watered down version of the first one and it smells like a bad copy of COCO MADEMOISELLE from chanel. OMG are they not embarrassed to make a similar scent like chanel but way cheaper smelling and bland. BIG MISTAKE DIOR! I will stick to coco mad!!!! The 2005 is way better!!! It lost all its charm. ..........Not only that but I had the 2005 a few times and it was almost a signature! I am happy I didn't make it a signature scent because now it is gone!! Dior is taking it off the market!! No shops have it anymore!!!

mjb28
mjb28

The most awaited day arrived! The campaign of Miss Dior Cherie 2011 started this month in the perfume shops. As excited as I am, I easily tested this perfume on my wrist. Hmmnnn…

This new Miss Dior Cherie is a flirtatious fragrance that opens very sweet like the 2005 EDP version but it’s less juicy. It has a smell that is sweet but not strong, the scent is refined, elegant and uplifting. I didn't really pick up on the caramelized popcorn, but the tangerine and strawberry are very prominent and crisp. It dries down to alluring essence of patchouli with a soft hint of jasmine. A delicious scent that's truly irresistible. Very feminine without being overly girly. It has a very elegant and unique vibe to it. It is sophisticated, romantic, cheerful as filled with dreams and desire they to come true. This perfume will linger in your nose as a sweet reminder of the happiness in the little things.

I liked this perfume the first time I smelled it, and still love it a lot! Love the bottle. It’s just so pretty and gorgeous which makes the experience of applying this perfume so much better. Love the scent, I feel very elegant, sexy and pampered when I wear it because has a scent that doesn't fade away throughout the day. It’s not a harsh scent, but it is strong and lovely. The staying power is amazing, such a good quality perfume. I’m so impressed!

One of the best beautiful perfumes ever made. Cheers to Dior!!!

temo
temo

This one says to me "Miss Dior Cherie has grown up". I liked the previous one, only after the top notes had dissipated. Monsieur Demachy should be congratulated.

Amylene

@antonpan: Всё, поняла. Просто я сейчас уже не в России, к сожалению - поэтому не знала :)

Minnija

no, I am for 100% sure that it is 2011 version and it is edp not edt, I have just sample, not full size bottle! yes, for me they are the same..on my skin they react the same :D

antonpan

miZZpuRRfect, the fact that the old and the new version are not identical, but very similar. So people who are not interested in perfumery may not feel the difference.

antonpan

Amylene: я про неё и говорю:) зайдите в любой ИДБ или Стокманн, там уже стоят новые версии.

Tica_UK
Tica_UK

I actually prefer the old version 2005. It was a bit younger and fresh and lasted all day on my skin. When I felt this new fragrance, not conquered me like the old fragrance, and smelled more mature and reserved compared to 2005. The old version smells like a young spring afternoon in Paris and I love it. On my skin the new MDC did not last anything ... I sincerely hope to continue selling the old Dior fragrance that is irreplaceable to me.

Amylene

2antonpan: Антон, имеется в виду новая версия этого года, а именно: "This is a new version which is more subtle and charming that the edition from 2005."

antonpan

In Russia it is available everywhere. Yes, it similar to 2005 version, but maybe a little less sweet and more mature.

jellybeantree

I just looked on the christian dior website and it says it has 3 notes in it Mandarine from italy, Jasmin, and Patchouli , it's not the same as the 2005. It is different! Yes the other is discontinued! Will update when I go test the new one!

Minnija

yes, tested thi sone today...scent is really the same. I had 2005 version before, now I have this one, the are the same

lilka

I hope that this one will be as nice as the original 2005 version. I hope I'll like it too. but please Dior just don't stop your MDC 2005. I love it so much!

orangepoppy
orangepoppy

DELEATED IN PROTEST
- Taking a stand against Fragrantica’s editing

jellybeantree

I find this confusing and kind of annoying, they have the same name but a different looking label.... more subtle, what I loved about the first one was that it wasn't subtle!

Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum by Dior 3.99 out of 5 based on 1725 ratings and 313 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.