Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Miss Dior Cherie L`Eau Dior for women
dislike

I have it: 703 I had it: 291 I want it: 672 My signature: 27

Miss Dior Cherie L`Eau Dior for women Videos
Miss Dior Cherie L`Eau Dior for women Pictures Miss Dior Cherie L`Eau Dior for women Pictures

"Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau is not a complicated fragrance.", says Francois Demachy, whose idea was to accentuate beauty of simplicity. It possesses a simple formula of cleanliness, freshness and delicate accords. The perfume was envisaged for a young woman of today, who is cheerful and full of joy, who rejects grey days and monotony, and chooses pastel colours instead.

Top notes of Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau will refresh you with aromas of bitter orange, which are delicate, fruity, bitter-sweet and delicately spicy. A heart is ruled by gardenia, a vibrant, opulent, white flower, while a base incorporates white musk, leaving a cotton-powdery effect and a long lasting feeling of cleanliness and freshness on your skin in a very soft and gentle way.

Gardenia stands for the feminine little Lady, who is sensual, charming and a bit perky. Let's not forget: gardenia is a symbol of true love.

A flacon for the 2009 edition - Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau is the same as its antecedents. The difference is in colour of liquid, which is now green and symbolizes awakening of nature, freshness, dewy greenery, while a bow ribbon on a stopper is coloured in frozen white. Different variations of Miss Dior Cherie 2005 edition change with time and show simplicity of life.

As for advertisement, John Galliano was in charge of a dress in it and he chose a 60es style creation, with accentuated colour of candies. It represents vintage chic of the 1960es perfectly, with a girl who lives in her own time and city comfortably and freely. The advertisement was made by Sofia Coppola, while print campaign is work of British photographer Tim Walker.

Seductive, fresh, shimmering eau de toilette Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau, is full of smiles, with a promise of happiness in pastel colour range…

Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau will hit the shelves of perfumeries in April 2009, in amounts of 50 and 100 ml (1.7 and 3.4 oz) l'eau.

Miss Dior Cherie editions:

Miss Dior Cherie EDP 2005,
Miss Dior Cherie EDT 2007,
Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Printemps 2008,
Miss Dior Cherie Blooming Bouquet 2008,
Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau 2009.

Bitter Orange

Fleur Cherie

Miss Dior Cherie L`Eau Fragrance Reviews

adeleit
adeleit

My boyfriend gave this one to me as a present without smelling it first -it was one sale, cheap guy! :P

At first, I was not very much fond of the perfume; however, i realized it smells good on me. My mom says it has a very sharp smell, and I do agree with her. I use this perfume at chilly spring and fall days mostly, a pretty approproate one for those days. It is best to try it on yourself first, though.

Sasikunya
Sasikunya

sooo I got a sample of this today. On me it smells like sarah j. parker's covet because the scent of citrus is quite similar. I got the samples online so I'm not really sure if this is how it's supposed to smell.

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

So fresh and pretty! I have been loving this lately and for good reason. It's the perfect balance between citrus and florals and exactly what I've been craving in a Spring/Summer fragrance. Ah, I can't get enough! It reminds me, just slightly, of Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche but this is so much better and far less harsh or chemically smelling. I prefer L'eau over the others in the same genre and it is definetly my favorite, by far, amongst the whole range of Miss Diors. Unfortunately, it has been discontinued as we all know and even though I wouldn't call this a blockbuster, it certainly has its charm and would have fared well as a permanent edition to the Dior line of fragrances. Sadly, I didn't know about this new love until recently so I must either spray with caution (which I don't have the self control nor desire to do) or start rallying up as many bottles as I can through private parties. It would be a sad day if I had to say goodbye forever.

Valleyofthedolls
Valleyofthedolls

I love this so much! Have been using it sparingly since it's been discontinued and I only have one bottle left. I like this so much better than Miss Dior Cherie (which I do own) and find cloying and mainstream. This is citrus done softly with a lady like touch. Gorgeous.

Egyptian Goddess
Egyptian Goddess

please, Dior bring it back. why, oh why was it discontinued?????

Eirlys
Eirlys

To be honest, I didn't expect to like Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau. I had always had bad experience with green-liquid perfumes, but after checking out the notes and reading the reviews, I bought this blindly, and I'm so glad that I did.

The opening note is very floral, and the first minute it seems a bit harsh, but after that it becomes very fresh and clean. I think this perfume is perfect for spring or summer. It lasts about 4 hours, which is understandable since it's an EDT and it's so clean-smelling. I'm so sad this one is discontinued, the Miss Dior Eau Fraiche doesn't smell as great. L'Eau also reminds me of Omnia Crystalline a little bit, except Crystalline is more business-like whereas L'Eau is more playful, at least to me :D

I imagine that the Cherie L'Eau girl is very active and friendly, sometimes she seems a bit cheeky and too confident, but that's just who she is. The boys like her because she seems like one of them, she's not too girly or emotional :)

Celphie
Celphie

Am I the only one who thinks that this smells like straight up sweat? The other Miss Diors smell just fine (EdP and EdT and even the Parfum version, which is kind of a far cry from the others in the Miss Dior line but still smells lovely all the same). L'Eau on the other hand...well I dunno, from the bottle and on my skin, it just smells like the armpit of a person who's sweating a lot. Mind, it might be the sweaty armpit of a rich teenage girl in the upper east side of Manhattan, but reeking of a healthy old workout at the gym...mere hours after spraying herself with some Miss Dior Cherie eau de toilette.

misscatalina
misscatalina

I used to have a precious bottle of this and used to spray it on my hand and just lay in bed and sniff it. Everybody was complimenting me on how good it smells. It was the perfect perfume for my skin and personality. I used to like every single note in it and thought it would be my signature scent. And then they discontinued it. I was so sad. I now have Miss Dior Le Parfum which is amazing, but I can wear it only at night because it's so overwhelming (also I might be a little too young for it). I will probably replace it with Lancome O de l'Orangerie or Mon Jasmin Noir de Bvlgari... And still didn't have the chance to smell Galliano Parlez-moi d'Amour Eau Fraiche or Marc Jacobs Daisy Delight which seem similar. If anyone has other suggestions, please tell.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

Bring it back! :'(
Found one on the internet - obvious fake :(. Very sad.

alittleofeverything
alittleofeverything

I still have half a bottle of this, and I'm very, very careful with it. To me, this is purely an olfactory memory.
I was deployed to Afghanistan, and whenever we returned to camp the first thing I did on my free time was take a shower and put this on. Fresh and clean, it was pretty much the perfect juxtaposition for the dry, dirty, sweaty scents of missions.
Safely home, this somehow brings me straight back as easily as the more "logical" desert scents.

Maey
Maey

I had this. It was so fresh, charming and gave you such a happy feeling. I'm still sad that they discontinued it. Beware of fakes on the net.

Sweet Sea Pea
Sweet Sea Pea

I adore Miss Dior Cherie (although I'm confused as to which incarnation of the fragrance I have) and I was shocked to find that this smelled awful on me. The MDC EDP on me blooms and has all sorts of romantic, intoxicating complexity. The L'Eau just went flat, sour, and unpleasantly citrusy on me. I enjoy citrus fragrances so I'm not sure what this was. It might be that I do better with more complicated fragrances. Anyway, if you haven't tried this I wouldn't buy it blind.

naaym.agecra
naaym.agecra

OMG... No Patchouli!!! Yaaaay!!!
I gotta try this!!! :D

thunguyen
thunguyen

"A young, charming Parisian girl, who is nonchalant, elegant and cheerful, sees the world around her in a positive way, as a place where nothing bad can happen, as if it were composed of pastel nuances. Her charisma, charm and grace show her as a symbol of youth, freshness and spontaneity..."--> it's true about this perfume. Lovely, youthful, fresh,simple and warm. I think it fits both climates from tropical to temperate. Love it.

Julia25
Julia25

I’ve never been fan of Miss Dior Cheries BUT when I first tried this beauty few years ago, I couldn’t stop sniffing my wrist - it was so delicious. I have never tried such a yummy fragrance before. It was just perfect match for my skin, very uplifting, optimistic, clean and chic. Flowers and citruses were perfectly balanced. I went trough difficult period of my life at that time but it never affected my attitude to this fragrance. I wanted to buy it for summer 2013 and was disappointed it’s not available anymore.

colettemichelle
colettemichelle

I loved this fragrance until it turned on me. I cannot wear it without getting a migraine. I hate that it makes me ill because it is such a lovely fragrance and I would love to wear it without the unfortunate headache. Regrettably, putting this one up for swap :(

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

Oh my.

Spring has just started here in Australia - and I don't think there could possibly be a better fragrance in my collection for this season than Cherie L'eau.

As promised, this opens up with beautiful, fresh bitter oranges. What soon follows is the Gardenia - which tames the orange down with a lovely white floral sweetness, and almost what smells like a vanilla bean creaminess (I know it's not listed but I am *sure* I smell Lily in here too). The musk joins in and kind of just "powders" over everything to give it a clean, musky, delicately soapy feel.

Cherie L'eau is the first of the Miss Dior range that has not only impressed me, it's making me fall more and more in love with it the more I smell my wrists!

This isn't a Silage monster by any means - but it's noticed by others (in a good way)! This is femininely fresh, fun and sophisticated and longevity is around 6 hours on me which I am more than happy with as I love re-applying it! The bottle is too cute for words as well.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

WHO SQUOZE THE CHARMIN? if that little saying brings back memories to any of you, you'll also remember when toilet paper once was scented until they stopped doing that. I purchased this a few years back and am almost down to half of the bottle. I like it very much. It's different, clean and fresh. However it's pleasant and I don't think of Charmin TP when I wear it. But that is what it reminds me of. So can anyone else confirm this or have I completely and totally gone mad?

tinyxxangel
tinyxxangel

Just purchased Burberry Sport to try. It smells like the first hour or so of MDC L'eau!! Very pleased.

succubus
succubus

This fragrance smelt soapy on me during the summer but transformed completely on the rainy days. I could immediately smell the scent of bitter orange with an undertone of gardenia. Am so glad that the gardenia in this fragrance isn't too overpowering. I just wish that it lasted a little longer, because after 4 hours, it turns into a faint powdery scent.

francess.raymundo
francess.raymundo

Smells like Blumarine Belissima

Justine Song
Justine Song

it is fresh and light and feminine. date choice! love it!

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

yea i realize i really don't like really fresh scents for sure i had Chanel Eau Fraiche,returned it..now i got this..returning it..bye Cherie..your just too sharp and soapy..i'll just continue hanging with Miss Dior Cherie EDP.. you can never do strawberries wrong...

maźka1984
maźka1984

* Smell fresh, grassy-floral, with strongly noticeable Gardenia, the green - as indicated by its color. Any candy or fruit do not feel. A shame because I really was hoping for the Strawberries straight from the bush
* Bottle gently adorned with classic bow.
* fragile, because 3 hours max (EDT so have)
* Regular price high
I appreciate the smell is only now - in the spring, when nature comes alive and is getting warmer, he interacts with me, and stimulates the action.
I'm not a fan of green scents. I dont feel comfortable in that fragrance - a Versense versace, chanel chance eau fraiche, gucci flora eau fraiche and Miss Dior cherie l 'eau can be lumped together with those smells.
It is hard to overdo the amount because the smell is not stuffy. I plan to soon use this 50 ml and probably I will never go back to the fragrance. But it is the only one green scent that I really like :)

LuluCoconut

Come spring and year after year I'm reminded how wonderful L'Eau is. Ever since it's been discontinued I've been sparing it just for spring. I have not been depriving myself a lot though, because unlike others here, I find it very long lasting, therefore I don't spray a lot. The projection is quite strong for the first couple of hours and gets more personal as the day progresses. The fresh green citrus opening, the powdery white middle and the subtly sweet fluffy base are just delectable. I'm a bit gutted that I actually hold a bottle that already belongs to the past, long before it's drained to the last drop. I suppose it will last for next spring as well. The only one from the Miss Dior line that I ever liked. In my opinion the current eau fraîche is just a patchouli-spoiled shadow of this one, so similar to other fruity-chyprés fumes that designers race to put out these days.Damn you, Dior, for letting this one go.

stier
stier

In my opinion this is the best scent out of the Miss Dior line. And also the most unique one. Personally I smell very few similarities to the original Miss Dior Chérie perfume.

Miss Dior Chérie L'eau is very light and not offensive at all. But it is a very unique scent in itself and, though light and fresh, still noticable. It's a very "young" and innocent fragrance and I get lots of compliments each time I wear it.

Why would Dior discontinue such an amazing scent..?

My favourite perfume out of all the ones I own.
Simply amazing <3

HUEbris
HUEbris

It's lovely scent, very clean. very well balanced citrus and gardenia. the beauty from the simplicity.
It's a shame dior discontinue this but I understand- it's quite similar to miss dior eau fraiche.

Turcker
Turcker

Absolutely ridiculous that they discontinued this. Fools.

sk1683
sk1683

This FANTASTIC fragrance used to be my signature.
I wore this almost everyday and never got bored.
but now its gone ..:(

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

Smells strongly of gardenia. I don't recommend it if you can't tolerate this flower. As a L'eau of course we expect something light and citric. This is citric as well, but to me the white flower controls it all. It's a strong scent. It is long lasting. Great for spring. Not one of my favorites. If you're a fan of citric scents and gardenia then this might be the right fit.

VqueenLeigh
VqueenLeigh

Too orange for my liking smells like orange cleaner.

nni
nni

My first Perfume :)
i got it at the age of 14, and i've been in love with it ever since.
it smells fresh, though not too much like citrus, but delicious and not too sweet(which is good, since i absolutely hate overpowering sweet scents). And even though it's light it's very special and you smell it very long.
Personally i think it's the best of the Miss Dior line, and the one that stands out the most. Why would they discontinue such a phenomenal Perfume ????

I LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE!

ElleNell
ElleNell

I think this is an ideal perfume for a young person 16 - early 20's who likes good perfumes. simple, light, clean and fresh.
Do not spray too much as orange can become over powering and tangy.

I thought is did not have good staying power at first but it has a subtle settling.

pansylady

Still love this scent, but had it been reformulated before it was discontinued? It seems to have much less longevity than I remembered when I sampled it a few years back-

Fragrance
Fragrance

I Loveeeee this perfume and finally got my 100 ml bottle today <3
This is very fresh ,clean with a bit of greeny touch and it's so Dior...I don't care it's fall now.. I will wear it from tommorrow during daytime;-)

natluvly
natluvly

I finally got my hands on a bottle of this scent (thanks to gypsykitten, Thank you) and I really love it so far. I was on the fence about whether or not to get this around the time it was released and forgot about it for a while. Well, a few months ago I was cleaning out my room and found an old magazine w/the tester page of this and I fell in love from that moment on (and of course I fall in love after the scent is discontinued). This is a scent that I can actually say I love, this has not happened in a long while. I will like a scent but I really "Love" this one, so much that I find myself craving the scent if I'm not wearing anything or I will crave to smell it when I am wearing a different scent.

Something in this is so darn good...it's fresh while also being a bit sweet but not too sweet, since sweet scents usually do not work well on me, but it also has that gosh darn bitter orange note that almost makes my mouth water when I smell it, hell when I think about it! This smells of fresh blooming flowers with a hint of bitter citrus from the bitter orange with a background of lush woods and greens, almost like walking through a forest after a spring rain shower. The smell of the flowers covered with the leftover dew. From what I remember, I think this one got mixed reviews down below but it is perfect for me at the moment. Let's see if my "Love" fizzles but I hope not :) Also this is a fresh scent that lasts a fairly long while especially when sprayed on clothes!!

yanina.gelso
yanina.gelso

c'est chic! I love L'eau. Everytime I wear it I get compliments. Fresh and sophisticated. I love to wear it with a basic white T-shirt, jeans and designer ballerinas, makes me feel I'm in Paris in the spring!
Incredible longevity, I can smell it on the shower next day.

callalotus
callalotus

I like this l'eau. soft and good for daily use. citrus smell is blended well with the white floral smell.

knit_at_nite
knit_at_nite

A person who has been used to Paris Hilton and Kimora Lee Simmons scents would think Miss Dior Cherie L'eau is quite sophisticated, methinks. Not as bad as the original Miss Dior Cherie and I wouldn't be offended if I had to sit next to someone wearing it at work. In some ways it reminds me of a "pinker" L'eau de Serge Lutens. But overall, a waste of the name Dior. As always, this is my opinion based on 3 wearings and YMMV.

pinkvanilla24
pinkvanilla24

i have the toilette and i kinda wish i had gotten the perfume...spring and summer scent. MORE SPRING THAN ANYTHING... i like it although citrus scents are not my fave. but its nice when i want to switch up from woody vanilla to citrus

Pace,MioDolceCuore
Pace,MioDolceCuore

This one was given to me as a gift by my mom and I suspect the sales person heard 'daughter' and picked something 'age-appropriate'. I didn't warm up to it for a long time until I gave it a second chance.

Starts out almost sharp on me. Stays very fresh, but in an non-sweet and not cloying way. I consider this a nice fresh one that one can wear when you are faced with office wear considerations, or around people who consider more mature fumes 'old people style'. Nobody could ever find this one offensive, or intruding their private nostril space. Very safe. Green floral that won't give you a sugar coma.

Works well for me in "100 degree weather"(40 degrees) without turning sour - hence it becomes a good summer choice after the gym, or to feel showered after the shower, without obnoxious soap smells.

On me it very much is a linear scent without much of a drydown, except for the first 2 minutes when the harshness gives way for general fresh green florals.
Not a scent I drool over in any obsessive way (the way I obsess over incense based fragrances) - but it has its space on my shelf. Not every day is a 'difficult and sophisticated day', this is a nice and fresh scent without much pretense.

Sillage wise- two sprays and you're good. Price perhaps reflects in the longevity department. I put this on after a shower before bed and can still detect it on my skin and clothes 14 hours later.

windswept
windswept

After the fresh opening I get alot of clean musk and a slightly powdery feeling with a bitter orange edge. There's a beautiful gardenia in there somewhere. Very pleasant.. It's a light fragrance - maybe too light? I don't get much in the way of sillage or longevity on my skin. I'd love to test this on a warm spring day. Shame it's discontinued.

geelightning
geelightning

I really love this perfume! It's so feminine and light and classy. It's a bit expensive, though, but smell lasts long, especially when sprayed on clothes. Also, the smell of the bottle is already pretty strong so I put the perfume inside my closet and every time I open my closet, I get a whiff of this stuff. The smell also manages to stick on my clothes so I love that fact that sometimes I don't even have to spray it to smell it :)

mimi88
mimi88

bellalicious308, miss ana is absolutely fake and more than 10 times cheaper than original one

leeyah87
leeyah87

Miss Dior Cherie L'eau has an aquatic floral vibe with the slightest hint of soap. Not nearly as much soap as Miss Dior Eau Fraiche, thank goodness. L'eau reminds me a bit of Marc Jacobs, but L'eau is greener and not as sweet.

bellalicious308
bellalicious308

i am so confused!!! my friend showed me a perfume and it looked just like this one but it was called miss anna cherie (the label also said that). the one she showed me was not fake as she bought it in a massive department store here in australia. can someone please help me!!!????

magda14012
magda14012

It is totally beyond me why Dior decided to discontinue making l'eau. It is log lasting scent of remarkable beauty. I get compliments each time I wear it. It is bubbly, fun green floral, elegant and chic.

Lauri88
Lauri88

This is by far one of the best smelling perfumes I've ever smelt! Everytime I wear it, everyone is asking what I am wearing, and as the day goes by it just keeps smelling better and better. Not an annoying scent :)

po

I sampled Eau Fraiche today. According to Christan Dior official website ''Created by François Demachy, Miss Dior Eau Fraîche is a chic veil of freshness with a chypre signature underscored by the addition of Indonesian Patchouli.

A delicate blend of Calabrian Bergamot and vibrant Gardenia highlighted by fresh and luminous Indonesian Patchouli, Miss Dior Eau Fraiche is a sunny, springlike and eternally elegant scent.''

Sounds very appealing, I have to admit. But it's not L'eau. They smell similar at first (citrusy gardenia on me) and they remain close, but not identical till the dry down- because of the gardenia they have in common. But after a certain point they smell totally different (patchouli instead of musk here) Silage and longevity are approximately the same. Also the liquid now is light peach instead of green.

What can I say, I really miss the clean cotton feeling of musk here. And I wore L'eau every spring/summer since it came out. Now I bought a large bottle as a backup and consider getting a second one. Well, thank you Dior for discontinuing my favorite spring perfume after only three years in the market! Sigh...

mylancome
mylancome

To all fans, regarding the official news of discontinue of Miss Dior Cherie L'eau. Don't worry, you can still go for the new Miss Dior Eau Fraiche, a little citrusy on the opening, but the drydown is the same. Go for it.

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

This is simple...love the elegant bottle....but it doesn't last on me at all. This is very fresh and safe. I am not in love with it.....it might be a chemistry thing. It has no drama. It's just chic youthful and pretty. Everyday office wear/work wear. I don't get excited for this unlike hypnotic poison or even jasper. This is pretty good for what it is. Fifth avenue works better for me.....

NatalinaD
NatalinaD

I don't know why but it smells like Ma Dame by Jean Paul Gaultier to my nose. Maybe it's the orange notes? smells clean, flowery, and a bit sharp on my skin. Also, it fas a nice lasting power.

Close your eyes...

Imagine you´re in a garden, with the greenest grass you have ever seen.

Next to you there are a few white clothes (such as shirts, dresses...). All these clothes have been cleaned just a day ago, they are gettin´dry under the sun.

You pick one sweater, and put it on you.

This scent hugs you, leaving on you this sensation of cleaning and comfort.

I absolutely recommend this!!!

PraewPriscilla
PraewPriscilla

On a piece of paper, I don't like it that much.

However, on my skin, Oh, My!!!
I LOVE this light orange, then gardenia not far behind.
It's clean citrus BUT STILL very girly somehow!
(But I can't smell the musk though.

Only cons for me is that, it goes away so easily!
I LOVE this smell, but need something attach me stronger.

elephanto38
elephanto38

Clean and fresh, i am in love with this light perfume. Its faint, but faint as if it's inviting others to be closer to you. However, it's not quite feminine, it's almost clean yet naughty if that makes any sense to you.

I adore the citrus smells. It is so unique to any other perfume I have smelled. The ending musk smell is so perfectly woody as well.

Definitely purchase it if you dare to be different!

jasmine28x
jasmine28x

This one has been DISCONTINUED &
Miss Dior Eau Fraiche has taken its place...Can't find this one either on Dior website or stores!

What the hell are you doing Dior ??
Making us go insane with your foolish recent reformulations & discontinuing of our darling Miss Dior Cherie 2005...we have gone crazy between these recent Miss Diors & Cheries! What is this MESS???

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ??????

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Christian Dior’s Miss Dior Cherie L’eau is feminine, charming, and fresh! Bitter orange gives you a deep citrus scent blended with fresh blossoming gardenias and just a touch of white musk. Miss Dior Cherie L’eau makes you think of clean linen drying in a cool spring breeze. Light and beautiful fragrance!

anamalia
anamalia

dior miss cherie leau smells alot like chance by chanel. it starts off very citrusy and quite strong and pungent, but in a fresh and crisp way, but then it calms down to a softer more pleasant powdery citrus floral. I cannot really smell the gardenia, although i do smell some white flowers like orange blossom. I cant smell the musk at all. it is a nice fragrance, but not as light as many have said, it lasts for quite a while even though it is an edt.

MimiLily
MimiLily

This lovely scent is going to be replaced soon so if you want it - do hurry!

Lovely and sparkling, in my opinion the most feminine greenish fragrance out there. I'm going to be so sad to see this one going out of market :(

orchid_84
orchid_84

I like this. I’m actually surprised there are only three notes listed. The strongest note is the bitter orange (which for me came off as a grapefruit scent in the first few minutes). I get the musky accord, as well as a dry woody scent somewhat like the cedar in Light Blue. The gardenia isn’t really all that strong to me. I pick up on it a hint more in the drydown. There are other scents of the “fresh citrus-floral” type that I prefer (Light Blue, Chance Eau Fraiche, etc.) but this is still a nice scent. It's light, refreshing, and pleasantly tart.

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

Miss Dior Cherie flew away across Paris tied to a bunch of balloons, and landed softly in the French countryside, amidst groves of oranges.
L'Eau opens with a strong scent of bitter oranges and sparkling citrus. Very clean and fresh. The magic happens when it has had some time to warm up on the skin. The scent mingles with gardenia and becomes creamy, yet remains sparkling and delicate till the end.I'm not a huge fan of citrus scents, but L'Eau is clean, modern and perfect for hot summer days.

honeyyenoh
honeyyenoh

my reviews after using cherie l'eau for almost a year now..to be honest this is my favourite from miss dior cherie line..this is very fresh, simple & clean..it's kind of bitter for a start but gradually when the gardenia mix around with the orange..it give you the vibe of cleanliness & confident..it can be a bold smell if you spray a lot but still..a nice catch from dior cherie..different from the line..this is stunning in term of smell & the bottle too..

TaniaClamp
TaniaClamp

I found Miss Dior Cherie L`Eau absolutely stunning in the beginning, both citruslemonish sparkling, floral and refreshing. It's clean and green with a lot of orange blossom in the topnote. A while later I scent the gardenia, and it shows up almost right away without beeing dominant.... I can also smell a bit of cardamom. Miss Dior L'eau has an incredibly balanced medley of citrus and gardenia notes. Refreshing, classy, even elegant. It's about the most cleanest perfumes in my collection, this one and Armani Code Summer 2011.... they are accually pretty similar.... they are both absolutely delicious....during spring as well as in hot summer! Miss Dior Cherie L`Eau is such a gardencitruslike scent without smelling too much. It is amazing and I am in love!!!!

Miss Dior Cherie L `Eau är helt fantastisk i början, både citruslemonaktig mousserande, blommig och uppfriskande. Den är ren och grön med massa apelsinblom som toppnot. En stund senare känner jag doft av gardenia och det dyker upp nästan direkt, utan att dominera .... Jag kan också känna spår av lite kardemumma. Miss Dior L'eau har har en otroligt balanserad medley av citrus och gardenianoter. Uppfriskande, flott och elegant. Detta är den mest rena parfymer i min samling, denna och Armani Code Summer 2011.... de är faktiskt ganska lika .... de är båda helt utsökt .... under våren men även under en varm sommardag! Miss Dior Cherie L 'eau är en fantastisk gardeniacitrusliknande doft, utan att vara skarp. Sååååå fantastisk, jag älskar den!!

Allegra
Allegra

In my opinion Miss Cherie L'eau is the epitome of such positive, hopeful and youthful attitude that empowers anyone who decides to spray it on in the morning before leaving the house. When wearing this little masterpiece of a fragrance, you cannot be anything else but bright and exuberant and thinking "pastel thoughts".

Dior has created a wonderful and adorable classic-in-the-making-kind of perfume that is really sparkling, easy to approach and irresistible with a teasing citrusy twist that suggests this scent (and its wearer) knows how to stand its ground despite of the girlish and playful front. It is both modern and timeless at the same time which is a sign of a true classic. Very well done, indeed!

acv43
acv43

I like this one!
I have always appreciated the smell of Miss Dior Cherie on others, but for me it is just too sweet. This, while still sweet is more fresh and clean, very wearable for people such as I who can't wear the super sweet perfumes. The citrus is very uplifting and invigorating and gardenia lends the pretty femme quality

ciotty
ciotty

Perfect for spring, it reminds me of a sunny day in a garden of white flowers, feeling in love. I like bitter orange and the freshness it gives to gardenia.Of course bitter and sweet.
A little soapy,it makes you feel young and clean.
L'eau is a very simple fragrance and this is a good thing because the notes are put together in a perfect balance. It would be pefect with a better lasting power.

pinkvanilla
pinkvanilla

I bought Miss Dior Cherie L'eau in the spring. I think this perfume is perfect for the day and spring or summer. fresh, clean, floral scents. When I smell it it brings back my spring semester days when I bought it.
love it.

CHOCAHOLIC
CHOCAHOLIC

I guess this is a very easy to wear scent, especially in the summertime. Musk and gardenia are combined in a very nice way that leads to a smell of freshness and energy. I also like the bitter orange accord, it makes the whole smell unique and more interesting.

Even though this version of Miss Dior Cherie(or whatever,I've started to loose my mind with the numberless reformulations of the original perfume) is not what I particularly like, it goes without saying that it is worth trying. First of all, it has no resemblance to the previous versions, and second it is sharp, sophisticated, light and clean. In other words, a touch of elegance when the weather is really hot, too hot to wear something heavy, intense, sweet and generally overpowering.

Koukla190
Koukla190

I really love this scent! When I first sprayed it I thought it smelled too lemony and I really didn't like it, but about 2 to 3 hours later it evolves and now it's just a really pretty creamy soft white floral, not too sweet just right, it's really nice! Yum!

lilka

My 100 ml bottle is half full now and i love love love this perfume. I will buy it again as it is fresh, attractive, very pleasant and is wearable in all the seasons.

SheShe
SheShe

One of better fragrances by Dior (I'm not a particular fan of Dior), fresh, sweet, with a nice trace of soft sugar- classy. A good one, but personally I feel too serious wearing Dior, so I sold the bottle, because even if the fragrance was meant to be funny and cheerful, I still get it as a bit distant. I prefer it to Miss Dior Cherie from 2010 for example (doesn't have the heavy patchouli).

This "special" summertime limited edition tweaks its namesake by making it—surprise!—into a synthetic floral-aquatic perfume! I'm not much for aquatic frags in the first place, so it's not that surprising that I prefer both of this fragrance's predecessors and namesakes (MISS DIOR CHERIE and MISS DIOR) to this yuck festival. Sure there's no popcorn or caramel here, and some may regard that as an improvement. I, however, prefer those notes to dishwasher detergent.

Although the brief floral opening of MISS DIOR CHERIE L'EAU seems potentially promising, the synthetic floral aquatic amalgam—which has somewhat of a drowned lotus or bloated water-lily feeling—ends up making me feel a bit seasick. Yes, the dreaded "abstract florals" strike once again. Honestly, the overall effect is not unlike the "fragrance" created through opening my dishwasher mid-cycle.

I was thinking about complaining about the niggardly one-third-full sample spray vial that I was given of this scent (at the S place), but having now worn it, I realize that any more would have stayed in the vial anyway. Désolée.

movs
movs

The only thing Miss Dior Cherie L’Eau has in common with Miss Dior Cherie is that it’s just as youthful and cheerful. In MDC L'Eau there’s no sweetness, no berries and (fortunately) there's no patchouli either. While I found MDC extremely sweet, I find MDC L'Eau green and crisp.

MDC L’eau is a sparkling fresh fragrance. It starts out as a bitter orange/grape fruit scent. When the scent has settled it becomes more floral and feminine. The gardenia is very intense and almost dewy.
and there is just a little bitterness from the grape fruit left.

MDC L’eau is a vibrant and fresh scent that would be perfect on a hot summer day or a sunny spring day but I think that the simple composition makes this fragrance very versatile so it could be used in colder months as well.

In 3 words: BITTER – SPARKLING - DEWY

Redlipstick
Redlipstick

A light, youthful, soapy-citrus. Wish I got more gardenia and less soap but it's still lovely. Staying power isn't too bad. This is work safe.

bluefish
bluefish

This is very positive fragrance. Light, but not too much green, kind of classic, but also modern at the same time, which makes it elegant and ladylike. It is still very fresh, ideal for spring and summer. It always brings smile on my face, reminding me of pure smells of childhood. It lasts long, and you can't feel sick of it, since it is gentle and pleasant. My experience says it is very appealing for men too, despite it's feminine but non-agressive sexy appearance. I would definitely recommend it for a day, or moments when you want to feel like an elegant and stylish girl, who enjoys the life and attracts real gentlemen.

savchenkonadezhda
savchenkonadezhda

Ok,i have already all the parfums I've wished. But this one is my absolute favorit among them.I just can't get anough of sniffing it. It's a perfection in the bottle. LOVE it.

artsymom
artsymom

I won't say love, but it's a STRONG like-at-first-sniff for me. It's so PRETTY! Optimistic, fruity floral, but certainly elegant and feminine. Like a few other reviewers, I also had that instant feeling of knowing it before and then realized it reminds me of a cross between Lanvin Eclat d'Arpege and Omnia Crystalline, two of my favorites. I don't like it quite as much as those two, but it's very nice. The opening is definitely the best part for me.

po

This little gem really isn't a complicated scent, just simple and beautiful like a plain white summer dress. But that's the beauty here. Sometimes ''les is more'' indeed.
Bitter oragne combined with gardenia creates a clean, fresh perfume. Quite girly, like cool spring air... The musk provides more depth and sophistication.
Makes me think of sunny spring days, lifts my mood and it's very wearable.
The bottle is also classy and cute, can't get enough of this perfume!

hybiscusgirl18
hybiscusgirl18

If Miss Dior Cherie is like a 13 year old sweet fruitiness loving girl, Miss Dior Cherie L'eau would be her grown up or 17 / 19 - or even 20 something - year old sister:

While she has the same soapy beginning - more citrusy due to the bitter orange - , she has discarded the sugar-shocking notes of MDC in favor of a classy and almost creamy gardenia - in the manner of a LBD or a lovely white dress instead of some kitsch cinderella gown - that blends with the oranges of the start and together they evolve into a soft musk.

Having more freshness and simplicity in its composition, without leaving its "delightful or unbearable" quality, one could say that DMC L'eau is sitting at the table watching her little sis with a smile, already learning that one could get the same or better attention with less.

Ohkit
Ohkit

despite its simplicity, miss dior cherie l'eau turns heads. Men find it appealing, feminine and sexy. It works great with my body chemistry and smells expensive.

Sirenita
Sirenita

What this reminds me off most is the line from the book version of Breakfast at Tiffany's: "For all her chic thinness, she had an almost breakfast-cereal air of health, a soap and lemon cleanness". This isn't a complicated smell at all, and for me that adds to it's charm and 'cleanness'. I love this for after the gym or at the workplace. It's starts off with a little bit off bitterness and green zesty freshness that sets it apart from the usual 'fresh' scents out there, but is still subtle and clean. After a while the bitter orange starts to smell more like bergamot or even grapefruit - a little hard to tell as the white flowers smell starts to get going. The effect is a little like being in what I imagine an Italian garden to be like (minus some herbs), a nice sunny but clean fragrance. And like in the case of Holly, most guys would register this as 'soap' ;)

peny
peny

oooooooo!!!! suitable for hot days! cute bottle and green colour reminds flowers which i smell most after 1 hour! different from the edp and edt version of the Miss Dior..

this is almost everything you can expect from a modern perfume;young,cheerful,feminine,fresh.I can't imagine anybody dislike this one and it has nothing to do with the candy chypre original miss dior cherie.
to me it's like a fresh breeze in hot weather that makes you feel like a special woman too.though it can be wore during spring too.
maybe it's not sophisticated or maybe there are other perfumes like this in the stores.but it's one of the best of them.I'm so sure.
good job Dior.

JaneCandy
JaneCandy

Although many people have pointed out that this scent is nothing like its Miss Dior predecessors, I have to love it for that. I love that it's a completely fresh take on Miss Dior Cherie, while still having a kind of young sophistication, just as the previous Miss Dior scents have had.

rachelriley
rachelriley

I first smelled it on my French teacher. It smelled so bold, fresh and enigmatic.The bitter orange smell was what hit me, as it was so different from other perfumes.Perfect for summer, the bitter notes change into a delicate citrus-y scent after an hour or so.

fgamz
fgamz

the guy at the counter told me this was the new version of miss dior cherie, like the edp one, i was pretty sure that it wasnt as i remember seeing this a while ago ayways, but i was like ok ill test it..

Top notes were fresh then it dies, it dies and smells like a 'fancy' version of a toilet spray.. It did on me anyways, the notes just faded within 20 minutes as well, i dont think ill make the mistake of believing that this perfume is the newest edp because its not..

Zuuus.p
Zuuus.p

Miss Dior Cherie L´Eau is totally different from the original Miss Dior Cherie. It´s very fresh, citrusy, clean and perfect for summer. I am going to purchase it. It´s GORGEOUS!

lizaan
lizaan

Even tho as many has commented before this doesn't smell anything like the original Miss Dior Cherie I have to say I looove this! Smells clean, fresh, crisp and happy. I will have to buy this soon, perfect for the summer.

I think the lasting power on this is pretty great too, and ofc the bottle is gorgeous as all of the Cherie's.

I recognized this scent a lot when I tested it in store today, and it bugged me like hell! First I thought it was a friend of mine that wore this but she doesn't own this perfume and then I got it, this reminds me of Hypnôse from Lancôme a bit, they are still different but there is something about them that I find similar, can't really put a finger on it tho.

treenhe
treenhe

was initially concerned this was going to be too green for me but am very pleasantly surprised so far. getting the bitter orange and gardenia, no musk at present but i haven't had it on long enough i don't think. musk does find me so it's just a matter of time. focussed but not boring, fresh but not nose-smartingly acidic...nice. reminds me for now of the early stages of acqua di parma colonia assoluta. an update will be provided :)
update: ok, well i kept expecting the musk to kick in and nothing.. :o by the end, i *wanted it to kick in because it was all a bit linear. sadly, in the end it was just a bit boring :(

kaoruhawaii
kaoruhawaii

Lovely, charming and happy fragrance. It's almost effervescent. Light floral! The citrus notes are barely there on me. Perfect for spring days and sunshine.

dlb4ever
dlb4ever

I absolutely LOVE this fragrance! The bitter orange adds a dash of citrus, the gardenia is beautiful and from beginning to end it is pure bliss to me. I love that I can smell it ever so wonderfully around me as I go about my day. Mmm, what smells so good? Oh, it's me! Love this!

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

Have tested it twice.

I reminds me a lot of BLV Omnia Amethyste (the purple one) that I had. But apparently Miss Dior Cherie L`Eau is much lighter, fresher and more floral, also less woody.

Dior colored the juice with light green, I like it very much, that's so pretty, so bright. The Ad and the packaging are both cute I think.

As said in the introduction, Cherie L`Eau is a symbol of youth and smile.

A Nice One!

Nukekubi
Nukekubi

I liked this when I first smelled it. It was really nice and fresh - with a hint of liquorice. I bought it and wore it for some time. Nice, fresh, girly and sweet - fits great for a teenage girl not into all those celebrity perfumes. It's sweet and romantic, but it does not make you sick, and it's not that easy to distinguish. (I have a problem with all those Britney perfumes all the teenage girls in my town wear - all the girls smell the same!) But after some months wearing it I do think my body changed a little bit, at least did the scent change. It turned into something unpleasant - I think the citrus fruits clashed with my skin, because it became hars and sour after a little while - my mum even commented on that. And that's a shame. I have not smelled it on anybody else, so I don't know how it smells on other people. But this smell is a little bit to sour and sharp on me.

sofiii
sofiii

L’Eau is quite different from the rest of the Miss Dior Cherie perfumes. It is crisp, citrusy, summery and really young and optimistic. Then towards the dry down it bears a little bit milky-creaminess.

I find it is like a nice fusion between Versace Versence and Blvgari Ominia Crystalline. I’m not a fan of the milky scent, but I’m pretty sure it will smell lovely on the right person, especially in warm weather.

mjb28
mjb28

This is light, totally different from the original which is sweet. This is more citrusy floral, a bit spicy, energetic and as always, irresistibly charming. It opens with bitter orange notes and transform into a powdery, floral, and musky scent that smells so clean, fresh, and youthful. It is lovely feminine and versatile scent that is non offensive for the day. It leaves behind a lasting freshness that is very good on the skin. This is perfect for spring and summertime. I absolutely love the way it smell! It immediately makes me feel happy wearing it. This is just amazing! I love this scent so much lately. Definitely worthy in my collection.

bunny
bunny

Not quite like Miss Dior Cherie, this one is very citrisy. It doesn't have what it takes to be a bad scent, but it sure does wash away a lot of the goodness of the original version.

Exiihra
Exiihra

This is a fresh and uplifting scent that you easily get addicted to. For me, I feel alert and awake eveytime I wear it; the citrus notes tingle my nose and make me ready for everything! One of my favourite scents.

ladymillion123456789
ladymillion123456789

I love all the miss diors the L eau is a new fresh take on the normal miss Dior Cherie a fresher nice lighter version great for everyday love the whole miss Dior collection

Miss Dior Cherie EDP 2011
Miss Dior Cherie edt 2010
Miss Dior Cherie L eau
there all as so sweet and girly

Ambrosia8
Ambrosia8

I received this as a gift from someone who knows my love of perfumes. And I liked the idea of a clean, simple fragrance, plus, I loooove gardenia. So, for me, it all works perfectly.... in theory! the gardenia has a harsh synthetic note that i am not found of. Too bad, because it could have been a perfect summer fragrance.

Fishberry

I'm stuck between two scents that would be my signature fragrance, but they're very different from each other though I love them both. Therefore, I'm asking you: What type of woman do you connect this perfume to? What type of personality does she have, and so on? Thanks!

Fishberry

A couple of years ago, when this scent was released, I had bought the latest issue of the Swedish version of the fashion magazine Glamour, and in it, there was commercial pictures for this scent that I really loved, and also a small sample of it that I immediately fell in love with. It's a crisp and citrusy fragrance, that makes me feel alert, fresh and cheerful, and it didn't take long until I went to our local perfume store to buy it. The perfume comes on very strong in the beginning, but then calms down yet still keeping the initial feeling I get from it. The lasting power is quite good too, at least on my skin. This is one of my favourite scents!

lilka

Every time I wear this I I just can't understand why I didn't try this earlier. It will never bore me I am sure. I get bored from most of my perfumes so soon and give it to my mother or sister but I am sure it will remain with me for a very long time.

This Cherie is very lovely and very likable. It's very feminine, so light, clean, uplifting, citrusy fresh, and floral sweet (nice gardenia). It reminds me so much of Versense by Versace, but this Cherie is a bit fruitier, not as sweet, and easier to wear. Don't let the word "l'eau" fool anyone because this perfume last a long time, and it can get too strong if overspray.

lilka

I have bought a 100ml of this fragrance and think it's so little for me .I adore this smell. It's simple but at the same time it has something extraordinary, something that I can't live without.I'll back up another 100ml of this wonder.

rosabell
rosabell

I tried this twice- I remember something sour, like vinegar, like a strange alcohol... Anyway, this is NOT my idea of freshness and "eau". NOt by far! A major disappointment !

Thalia
Thalia

I thought this was supposed to be "green" and "fresh," but holy cow it is sweet! I'm getting olfactory tooth decay here. To me this is the opposite of refreshing - it cloys.

NNN
NNN

I like the original Miss Dior Chérie, but I love Miss Dior Chérie L'Eau!
It's much more fresh, happy and delicate! I love the citrusy in it. And I don't mind losing the popcorn smell.
L'Eau has its own thing going on.
And I simply adore it!

pshycogirl-81
pshycogirl-81

Now, this is simply an adorable fragrance, the bittersweet top notes remind me of my childhood it is so pleasant and romantic, u cant ever offend any sensitive nose arround.
To me it is like beeing at a lakehouse on spring, the sweetness of an orange grove nearby, among with airy and cottony flowers breeze...
Like your first love, you will never forget this one.
A keeper definetly.
......................................................
Ahora bien, esta es simplemente una fragancia adorable, las dulcemargas notas de cabeza me recuerdan a mi infancia, es tan placentero y romántico, Jamás ofender´s alguna nariz sensible cercana.
para mi, es como estar en una casa del lago en primavera; El dulzor de un naranjal cercano conjuntamente con la brisa de flores aireadas y algodonosas...
Como tu prime amor, jamás te olvidarás de él.
definitivamente, uno para quedarse.

Angelstar
Angelstar

I really want to like this fragrance but it don't know whether its just me but it gives me a headache, the citrus is really overpowering, I usually like fresh fragrances and would love for this to suit me but this is one I won't be wearing.

Oh my gosh i reviewed this in the winter as it was a Christmas present have now tested it out in the summer -gorgeous - can't believe it, must just suit the hotter weather!

guest_ella
guest_ella

Im just not a fan off the orange in this. I think orange in any perfume can smell synthetic and tangy-not nice. I love the gardinia and the musk together but instead of orange i feel they should have put in something like fressia, amber lilly or melon. something softerer, sweetier more girlie.

heavenbelle
heavenbelle

At least thrice a week, I go in and out of different stores just to test perfumes and to find my next target purchase. This scent captures my attention as I love clean and fresh scents especially for summer. I remember my mum used to advise that whenever I feel dizzy, I should smell an orange or mandarin skin peeled out from the fruit and it would stop my dizziness! That really works! Miss Dior Cherie L’eau reminds me of that peeled orange/mandarin scent.

I agree that this is very similar to Kenzo Amour Florale but with a different drydown. I tested this perfume many times (on paperstrips) for the past months to convince myself I don’t need it since I already have Kenzo Amour Florale, but I was really in a state of denial and stubbornness that the two smell the same……… and YES you guessed it right, I still have purchased my own 100ml bottle of MDCL.

However, I am just very disappointed with its lasting power. I sprayed heaps this morning to make it last but just before lunch time all the scent is gone. I actually went to a store to find a tester so that I can respray it again at least on my wrists.LOL. I don’t know if it’s just the skin chemistry.

But still scent-wise, it’s lovely!

The bottle with the bow is so lovely too!

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

WELL, let me tell you that your missing out if you think this can only be worned for the summer heat. I find this absolutely gorgeous right now. End of september, fall, raining, sharp winds and it's raining with a 10 degrees Celcius.

I will say the most impressive thing about this Chérie, is that you expect her to behave a certain way because she's green. Fresh and only for summer right?.

Not here and not now, Chérie L'Eau is a warm citrus I say more of blood oranges instead of bitter orange but hey I won't challenge the notes I see from dior, who wants to mingle with the heat of musk. But somehow I find that it also carry an airy dab of iris and some night blooming flower because of it's crips floral. I see here it list gardenia, which suprises me because I don't smell that at all. More of a geranium that partied with another flower but no gardenia to my nose.

This is for me where Chanel greens failed on my skin, I'm happy to finally have a green that has warmth that does turn sticky sweet nor cloying and not migraine inducing.

Good job Dior for this green beauty.

Aren
Aren

I like a little bit of bitterness in my sweets (a.k.a. perfumes) and this was abolutely perfect! I love how the bitter oranges both blends and stand out.
This scent reminds me of outdoors, freshness and and a young modern woman.
While I wore Miss Cherie EDP during the hot summerdays, I tended to switch to L'eau in those mild summer evenings.

A small edit: I agree with rrcoolmama2 above. I only had it this summer, but now as autumn comes I find I can wear it without any problem.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Fresh, radiant, youthful, elegant and ever so slightly impertinent - Miss Dior Chérie L'eau, the fragrance for Christian Dior’s little darlings. Orange essence, a gardenia accord and white musk give this fresh and sparkling floral composition a joyful sensuality.

BethAshley
BethAshley

I agree with many of the reivews on this, yes, this is a pretty scent -- but for me it's boring and I would be just as happy on a hot day with any other citrus. I find that there is very little development and there isn't anything that feels special to me about this.

Either way the bottle is gorgeous with that mint green liquid inside.

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

This has something in common with Miss Dior Cherie, but I have no idea what, because they still are so different! This one is fresh, laundry-kind-of scent. A bit sweet but nothing like the MDC. The green color suits the scent good.

hantafromsanta
hantafromsanta

Here my inexpert nose gets flowers and a lot of orange and citrus notes, maybe a little bit of green apple,
and quite a lot of sweet popcorn, which is maybe even more noticable to me than in the regular MDC as it sits in this very light and fresh base, and is not accompanied by that many other predominantly just sweet notes.

It comes out fruity and sour on me, but luckily not in a bad way (and I'm not that fond of fruity scents in general), but refreshing and airy.

Actually, often when I sniff my wrist the ad picture of the girl being carried away by the balloons comes to my mind, it really is that uplifting to me. The advertising picture fits so very well here, and is very expressive I find.
It's like a summer breeze, so fresh and cheerful it might just pull me right up there with the balloons, haha.

Now there is a downside.. it is one of those light summer scents that are so light they don't last. Basically after 3-4hrs, this is gone. And before that the sillage is also quite weak on me.
Maybe if I bathed in this it would be good, but having to use a lot of it and also having to reapply frequently, I'd feel like I wasn't getting enough for the amount of money.

I'll see what I do once my miniature is empty, I love the scent but kinda feel like I'm getting tooo much just water here.

Manya
Manya

I dislike citrus notes because they're usually synthetic or too sour. Here, however, the grapefruit note is not just a note - it's a REAL grapefruit, pips and rind and all! - fleshy, juicy, slightly bitter and incredibly refreshing.
The rest of the notes melt in a sweet flowery, summery breeze. It's all picknicks in parks, and short flowing summer dresses, and ice-cream :)

Despite the low expectations I had for this fragrance due to my general dislike of citrus, I had two tester vials, and surprisingly used up both during this summer!

I must say, it's THE perfect gift for a young girl, or any lover of fresh fruity scents!

Cyberlady
Cyberlady

I dont go for the other Miss Dior fragrances and find the Cherie far too sickly and sweet for my taste but this L'Eau I just love. Tried it for the first time today and must have it!

Rock´n´roll
Rock´n´roll

Oh My God! I Looove it! I havent smelled this until today, becouse I don´t like the other miss dior fragrances that much, so I didn´t have high hopes on this one.. But it´s a perfect summer smell, light, fresh, crisp and soo delicious!!! It last a really long time on my skin, a must have for summer!

_lolita_
_lolita_

I loved Miss Dior Cherie L´Eau right from the start.
The original Miss Dior Cherie is way too sweet for my taste, but this version is something different.
Smells of Summer; but not like the sea or beaches.
It rather reminds me of summerholidays in the mountains, swimming in clear lakes and eating sweets between freshly washed bedclothes.
The first whiff is quite strong and orangey but it gets softer and sweeter as it warms on the skin.
It is sweet but not gourmand. The musk comes out pretty prominent and adds a clean and cuddly feeling to it.
To me this is a classy but still cheeky perfume. Youthfull but not girly,
especially suitable for careless summerdays and -nights.
A fragrance with charakter but not offensive. For me a must have.

LuluCoconut

I was completely blown away by this bitter sweet fruity opening. It reminded me of the smell of freshly picked almonds and green leafs from my childhood.It has just the right balance between flower and fruit,indescribably pure and joyful but somehow elegant. A part from gardenia, maybe they've mixed in some magnolia or tuberose (the milky feeling in the middle notes)to give it more body, along with the cotton-like feeling of the musk. Overall a soft and crisp white floral that has the potential to become suffocating if you bathe yourself in it. I don't get it why some call it "watery": juicy - yes, watery - not at all IMO.
The staying power wasn't as impressive as I expected (5 hours) the first time I tried it, which makes me think it's largely overpriced for an EDT. Even though I'm in love with this scent and wish I could have it right now...

EDIT:When I first wore it it was cold outside.Cherie l'eau just needs some heat to deploy its scent. 3-4 sprays in the morning and it wraps me until nightime. A compliment getter and a resident in my collection.
There is something very simple and elegant going on here that can be detected after some time wearing it. This EDT reminded me of the comfy, lush and thick feeling of Guerlain's Champs-Elysees,but subdued and minus the peach.

Similar fragrances: O de l'orangerie by Lancome comes very close

jae
jae

You know what? I love this fragrance. I really love this fragrance. It's soft, fresh, smooth and very pretty. I can't decide whether I could pull this one off or if this should be confined to a woman's skin. I love it, but I just don't know if we belong together.

UPDATE: I had a discussion with my girlfriend about it. It's too "light" for her. I don't think she really gave it time to develop but I'm not complaining. I agree with guest_SierraBear in that this is reminiscent of the leis of Hawaii. For that reason alone, I don't care how feminine this is perceived to be. I'll be making this purchase very soon.

CUPCAKEDOLL

This was a present from my boyfriend. I told him that I love this scent, and a couple of days ago he gived me this wonderful perfume :)

The scent is very fresh, bright and luxurious. Is different of classic Miss Dior Chérie, but the spirit of the original is still present.

I can smell something soft, clean and very tender. It gives me a pleasant sensation.
The floral notes makes this perfume very feminine, sophisticated. I love this sensation, is like to wear something really exclusive, hard to find.
The fruity notes reminds me of spring and summer. A possitive sensation envolves me and makes me feel really happy!

I give five stars to the lasting power. A couple of sprays and you will be scented for hours and hours...

In a few words: L´eau is luxe, innocence, happiness and cleanliness in a bottle. Liquid spring ready to be used!!

ktv0926
ktv0926

Beautiful, lovable, adorable! This fragrance once again convinces me - it's better to have one masterpiece like this, than hundreds of blah blah something clones...quality is indeed better than quantity. Miss Dior Cherie L`Eau is a perfection in a bottle. 10 out of 10.

Belle de la nuit
Belle de la nuit

MDL'Eau is shimmery like the water on a lake on a Summer afternoon close to an orchard of orange trees. It is a little sweet,breezy and overpriced.A very light grassy gardenia scent very suitable for everyday use but still I expect a little more from Dior...maybe if it lasted a little longer because it truly is a gorgeous scent.

lovable
lovable

This is a very lovable scent(no pun intended). The first thing I notice was the beautiful floral scent. After a second inhale I could identify the citrus and very little musk. Overall this perfume is one of my favorites.

pansylady

I did an informal comparison test with J'adore l'Eau, which I love- and I am beginning to like this one better.

For the first few moments, J'adore makes the stronger impression- but then Miss Dior catches up and then races ahead!

Miss Dior L'eau has has an incredibly balanced medley of citrus and gardenia top-mid notes, and an entrancing dry-down that seemed more wood than musk, and outlasted that of J'adore.

Only three notes are mentioned- bitter orange, gardenia, and musk- maybe less is more!

glitteralex

1 part Eau Savage
2 parts water
__________________

= Miss Dior Cherie l'eau

This could be a great fragerance IF IT LASTED!! I do love the concept and the image around it. the bottle is beautiful and the fragerance is lovely and femanine and girly. However, it seems like something went wrong or they used something cheap in the making of it. So i think this perfume needs to return to its makers so make its scent a bit stonger and lasting as the secent just fades in about 1minute-not woth money at all. Its a shame becaue it could have been great :(

sham_1983
sham_1983

i use it ! don't mind if i do! and i experience it my friend (straight men) like to sniff at me and sometimes he hug me just because of this leau cherie.... how i wish i could seduce him in other way. i recomend a very cuddle cute girl wear it!especially single ladies... many of my friend are try flirting me just of this smell. how i wish i could see a nice couple enjoy it together.. so romantic.maybe when im old i could sniff this again for a sweet memory... memory is much meaning to me..

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

I tried to like this, but I can't. I love the concept, but it smells dirty and sweaty to me. I feel a creamy, fleeting gardenia for a few seconds, followed by a tingly scent of grass and body odor. The grassy note in Annick Goutal's Petite Cherie is identical to this, and I also don't like it.

sugarplumjabba
sugarplumjabba

I got a sample of this and it is quite lovely, however doesn't last at all ! Some have compared it to Chanel's Chance eau Fraiche, I agree, but I prefer Chance eau Fraiche to this. Miss Dior Cherie Leau would be wonderful if only the lasting power was better !!

guest_SierraBear
guest_SierraBear

I love miss dior cherie L'Eau. It's been the best perfume I've smelled in a while. It reminds me so much of the fresh flower leis they give you in hawaii. It keeps me from taking my parents credit card and buying the next plane ticket there.

guest_Numberone
guest_Numberone

I smelled this in a magazine just recently and instantly fell in love. It screams FEMININE. I want it for X-Mas and have told my husband already. I own the Miss Dior Cherie which I LOVE and always get compliments. This new scent is even better in it's own way -- in my opinion.

guest_Guy
guest_Guy

I'm a guy and I smelt the tab in a magazine letting you smell the perfume. I must say it's the most appealing thing i've ever smelt. Everyone here seems to be saying its simple and pretty

but I think its just plain tantalizing. its amazing on so many levels. I would wish my girlfriend would wear this.. its amazing

Quite an enchanting, refreshing and simplistic fragrance which will certainly appeal to a wide audience I am sure.

The grapefruit is quite strong, yet not repulsive or cheap smelling. This fragrance is sophisticated, feminine and charming.

Miss Dior Cherie L'eau is bright, revitalising, fresh and Summery, it is absolutely bursting with life. The scent is also quite light and airy so I doubt that this fragrance would ever offend.

This fragrance has a certain girlishness about it, it speaks youth to me. Hence I'd most likely recommend this fragrance to younger consumers. The lasting power is average, roughly 3-4 hours, which I'm not bitterly disappointed over. I'd see no harm in reapplying during the day.

LenaBel
LenaBel

This one is a happy perfume which makes me smile. It is fresh and young but it is not plain sweet like many others. I definetely smell oranges in it and flowers! Lovely for spring, summer and early sunny autumn days!

It reads: "sparkling elegance" on the bottle - I think this is a very good definition for it!

taydev
taydev

i finally got to try this today and it does have a subtle dewy sweetness to it along with a soapy scent. its fresh and young and an addition to my wishlist!

Nausicaä
Nausicaä

Cherie L'eau is very fresh and subtle sweet. I think I would have chosen this if I were to go to a garden party on a bright spring day.

jatzzie
jatzzie

I love the original Miss Dior Cherie, but L'Eau, no thanks.There's nothing sweet about it, it's hard to believe it's even part of the MDC family.It's green and kinda stingy, not my thing at all.Shame really as I love most of Dior's fragrances.

amelie
amelie

The "original", Miss Dior was one of my favorite, with L'eau I immediately fell in love; it's cheerful, fresh and sophisticated fragrance (except the names have nothing in common). The only reason that I still do not have it- does not last too long... compared with the Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte, L'eau is quite weak...also reminds me a bit to Escale a Portofino, which is more bitter, citrus fragrance.
edit/ for some reason I think I'll have to buy one L'eau. I feel great with that fragrance, it's probably a good enough reason to have. I like it more than Chanel Eau Verte, it's so charming and so "Dior"!
edit/on my skin also takes on a subtle note that recalls the finest gentle powder, lovely!

hathor
hathor

i bought this because i like fresh green smells for hot summer weather. i am generally a person who goes for classic perfumes( the real miss dior is a favourite of mine) but sometimes i feel i must try to keep up to date with modern times and try something new. well, it's clean and green with a lot of orange blossom in the topnote. general impression is rather washing-powder. it's nice in small doses, but rather too (i'm looking for a word, but can only find a dutch one that describes it for me) een beetje gewoontjes! which i suppose means a bit too run-of-the-mill, ordinary. i have a little nose like a potato, but it is well educated and likes a challenge. in this i don't find the subtle nuances or depth that i am looking for. at first i really thought i'd made a mistake buying it, but it improved on me with use, in short, ok for summer days when you want something green, fresh and light. but is it worth dior's prices?? i have often had yves rocher's nature, which smells just as fresh and green for a fraction of the price. it's one of his golden oldies and i recently saw an offer of 75 ml for just 10 euro's. from dior i have also tried "escale a portofino" which was similar to the miss dior cherie l'eau but more olfactorily challenging. P.S i'm going to have to edit this because my bottle is almost empty, i've used it a lot and have come to like it very much. it's about the freshist cleanest perfumes in my collection, absolutely delicious in hot summer weather, its simplicity is part of its charm. Definitely going to be replaced very soon!!

HelloLovely27
HelloLovely27

This may seem strange but I grew up in Texas and every time i smell this perfume it smells EXACTLY like a summer day in Texas right as the sun is starting to go down and things are starting to cool off. I love it because of this! It is like a little piece of home that i can take around with me on my wrists and lingering in the air around me! x

Marta

This fragrance is like a butterfly...you can see but you can't catch it..Something very elegant fresh with something warm...gardenia...Mmmm i fall in love...This is for special moments,special memorys..to dream about beautifull garden after the summer rain...when everything good can come true...

Spring25
Spring25

I have tested this one a few times now, and I love it. It is just what I'm looking for as Spring transitions into summer. It's so simple, but classic. I love the refreshing citus opening. The gardenia heart is gorgeous, heady, and lasts a long time. I tend to like musky drydowns, so this is perfect for me. This is an enchanting fragrance. I can see wearing for day or evening.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

I actually really enjoyed this scent when I smelled it at the counter. My husband, however, did not like it as much as he liked Miss Dior Cherie. I think I liked it because at first sniff, the smell reminded me of the Hotel we stayed at in Playa del Carmen,Mexico. I've been longing to go back there and smell everything again, but do not have the money to do so. So...this frangrace brought me back. I can't even describe it...unfortunately, because other than the hotel we stayed at, there's nothing else that smells like it. It's completely different from the original (IMHO), so I can't even use that as my start off point. If I only knew what made the hotel smell the way it did. I strongly remember the hotel bakery's smell. It smelled of pan dulce....but that's not the smell I'm talking about. It just smelled fresh, (but not overly citrus-like), with a touch of sweetness (but not the same way that vanilla or sugar smells like), and not too green. It's very familiar, but I just can't touch what I'm trying to explain. Sorry about that. I guess I'm just rambling, so I'd better stop. Just try it. It's quite lovely. Not invigorating like Dior Escale a Portofino or Chanel Chance Fraiche....but more....um....relaxing? Perfect for vacation or when you want to feel like you're on vacation. Geeze...I really need to work on my descriptions, yes? So sorry about that. I'm trying!

Marianne
Marianne

I like it because unlike many other spring/summer fragrances it's longlasting and has more to offer than fruits, green and watery notes. It's a bit like Dior Escale a Portofino and Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche, but I prefer this one. Dior is a bit too masculine and Chance Eau Fraiche has this sickening Chance accord.
I haven't found any similarities to Miss Dior Cherie, yet.

mmizy
mmizy

I was excited about this one. It is a polar opposite of the original but eh original is still better. The top note were pretty but didn't last. And the drydown reminded me of a baby wipe.

Darling Starling
Darling Starling

One of my best friends wears this and it smells so perfect on her! It is such a gardenlike scent without smelling too much like any single flower or green note. I think this is an ideal spring scent if you love that crisp, fresh and clean smell. This stuff lasts all day. I might buy myself a bottle of it if my friend ever stops wearing it :)

Malegria
Malegria

A very fresh, clean citrus sparkling water.It goes easy - there is nothing heavy about it and it does not copy the original Cherie in the slightest.Gardenia shows up almost right away, but it is never dominant and finally there is only a trace of it left, just like a flowery sweetness, when you even can`t tell for sure what flower exactly do you smell.I think I smelled a bit of cardamom, cause it reminded me of Angel Schlesser.In the end I could feel a little bit of green grassy scent, along with a very light musk.
Refreshing,classy, even elegant - but one of the many.

vertigo
vertigo

At the beginning I found it absolutely stunning, both floral and cold, refreshing.
I really like the gardenia here, it's always in the background, never revealing too much.
It's a spring fragrance for sure, the lasting power is great.

But after an hour I got bored with its smell, it reminded me of some other perfumes, couldn't figure out which ones, but Miss Dior Cherie L'eau started smelling just ordinary. Too bad!

On me it was flat, didn't change in time.

Still, it is an elegant, modern, lovable fragrance.

The bottle is pretty, green liquid promises spring freshness and lightness.

Lia
Lia

This has absolutely nothing to do with the original scent. The only thing, which they have in common is the bottle. It's very flowery. But there is no popcorn in it. It's fresher and light, but not my type of perfume. I prefer the fruity ones.

Kultakutri
Kultakutri

I got a sample and since it should be all about gardenia, I expected something like Une Fleur de Chanel which I madly love. I was sorta right, there was something similar but Cherie L'Eau reeks of citruses. It's not a bad scent as far as I could judge with my watering eyes... but it's for someone else.

LoveScent
LoveScent

Oh, how I hope I will like this one.I didn't care for any of the others, but maybe this will be it!

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

Miss Dior Cherie L`Eau is charming & sparkling. It reminds me of a fresh breeze that blows across a flower garden of white flowers on a sultry summer day. I will enjoy this now that spring is approaching, and I think it will be very appropriate and enjoyable throughout the hot summer days also.

Miss Dior Cherie L`Eau by Dior 3.90 out of 5 based on 1080 ratings and 157 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Miss Dior Cherie L`Eau fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Miss Dior Cherie L`Eau, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Miss Dior Cherie L`Eau by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Miss Dior Cherie L`Eau by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.