Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

dislike

oud
Oud Ispahan Dior for women and men Pictures

Oud Ispahan by Dior is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Oud Ispahan was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Francois Demachy. Top note is labdanum; middle note is patchouli; base notes are sandalwood, rose and agarwood (oud).

Labdanum

Patchouli

Sandalwood Rose Agarwood (Oud)

Essence Oud

Oud Ispahan Fragrance Reviews

GMK
GMK

A deceptive compostion, starts very feminine with huge dose of Rose and Oud and for a reasonable course of time Rose intacts its presence but finally transforms into a very animalic and masculine scent which can mostly be enjoyed in a cold weather, the dry down is very lush,smooth and well rounded, overall a thick and dark offering in a pink presentation.

Estebanz

I can't get enough of This Gem,so here we go again... DIOR OUD ISPAHAN.
I just can't get enough of this magnificent fragrance.
The more I wear it, the more I adore it, Im so enamored with the magnificent animalic quality of the Oud/civet drydown that I can't even explain it, it is just chronic/addicting, and I honestly feel like the Rose in Oud Ispahan is so unique and sublime that it takes time to fully understand it, it feel almost abstract.
The next point I wanna touch about Oud Ispahan is the astronomic sillage, the superb aroma of this regal composition would easily stay in a room floating in the air for well over an hour after you leave...Trust Me people, you would get notice with this liquid gemstone.
Longevity is absolutely nuclear, "24 Hrs".

Estebanz

Creeping into my top 10 favorites of all times, my newest acquisition, first high end designer fragrance that makes it into my "Kings of the Jungle list", I'm serious people, this is way up there with some of my Xerjoff's ,this stuff kicks ass.
Dior took the beast that is Leather Oud and made some changes to create this beauty, better known as OUD ISPAHAN.
This composition puts 90% of the Niche fragrances on the market today to shame, crying on the corner, and I feel like I'm being generous, since that percentage could go up to 95.

paranoidandroid
paranoidandroid

I really really want to love this fragrance- and for a while, I do. However, like civetted and ConiferLover, I find the synthetic wood chemical (I hesitate to even call it a note) in this to be too much. It isn't very present in the beginning, but then grows in strength till it is practically nuclear in strength. Even with very moderate application, this one note comes really close to completely ruining this fragrance for me.

Those who have watched Terminator 2 with the IncredibleMeltingMetalMan may remember he scene where he converts his hand into a metal spike to impale a poor cop. This smell does the same to my nose. It feels deeply penetrating, metallic and spiky. The world hums and throbs, and not in a good way, if I wear even a drop extra.

One thing I have noticed is that in very hot weather, this note actually calms down a bit- but then you are sitting in a animalic pool of oud, amber and rose and smelling the attar seller who hasn't had a shower in a week.

Another option is the lightest of sprays. Of course, with this option, you miss out on the incredibly delicious rose note.

No winning with this one. At the rate at which I am using this, my bottle will last me 3~4 rebirths.

CDGfan

Potion and Oud Ispahan are very different.
These Fragrantica features are very dubious.

Oud Ispahan is an animalic oud with rose , patchouli and sandalwood, it dries down to a very woody scent.

Potion is nice but its no Oud Ispahan.
Potion is tobacco, a strong rose note and incense, with
tobacco and a synthetic pink rose being the main players.

Camel_UK
Camel_UK

Stumbled across this at Dubai Duty Free after several of my choices were out of stock I was going to opt for something cheap and cheerful, I was pricing Farenheit when the I got talking to the Dior rep about the disappointment of Oud Wood (Tom Ford) and no 70 (Designer Shaik) both being out of stock and I wanted something a bit different preferably with Oud in it, he went on to tell me he had just the thing, he opened up a drawer which had the complete Dior private collection inside, I tried Leather Oud (which was nice) then this, and it is lovely. The Rose/Oud combination is just perfect, but definately a manly scent. The projection is enormous and When I'm out women always want a sniff and ask what I'm wearing!!................. but then I wear it for me..........appreciation from others comes secondary, though it makes me smile. It lasts forever......I pulled out a jacket I had on months ago to wear at the weekend and yup, still there!! lovely juice this and trumps all the "oud" scents out there 9/10 x

khosro.zk
khosro.zk

I wrote a review for "Dior Leather Oud" and I described it as "Beauty and the Beast". Here there is the same beauty, but without that beast (civet). With the rose in her hand. Amazing. I love both.

evelynave
evelynave

A fragrance like Oud Ispahan has its work cut out for it in the realm of popular opinion. Just rose, just oud, nothing special, so they say. Ispahan is compared to any number of oud fragrances or oud-centric lines, and while it is unmistakably rose and unmistakably oud mingling around in here, I don't see much like this in, say, the Montale line, where the (m)oud is denser and darker for the most part. The strange radiance of Oud Ispahan seems pretty remarkable to me, and that's quite enough to distinguish it from others "like" it. It really sings on me. Many oud fragrances smell insular to me, the overall mix kind of monochromatic in effect, a tapestry you look at and and know speaks of an older world because you can't tell one color from the next. Ispahan isn't at all transparent; but it does open up so that you really feel you've stepped inside. For me it's a real experience, and one of the only ouds to remove the trademark sepia filter from the mix. Wonderfully diffusive, rich in character, and contemporary in mood.

adrian.meeks.35
adrian.meeks.35

Smells just like Potion Royal Black.. don't know who was first but I do know who's the cheapest. the notes are almost the same. The smell is the same but Potion has a longer lasting rose note and it is outstanding.

christianne1
christianne1

This was an all day wrist sniffer that I never wanted to end so lucky for me it lasted a solid 12 hours with lingering residue after that. Maybe it is the dash of musky labdanum that gives it that special something I'm not sure...but Oud Ispahan has that special "somethin somethin" to me. Very sexy scent.

Despite the countless oud/rose combos out there, Ispahan remains unique. I think that is why there are no "reminds me of" votes despite the endless ouds to compare it to. But Dior (and the nose of course) took these same widely used notes and still came out with some originality. I am a rose, oud, patchouli & labdanum fan in a major way and have smelled countless versions of rose oud but still haven't smelled this one.

Totally unisex straight down the middle. I enjoyed my day in Oud Ispahan so much I felt sad when it finally ended.

mysticaldeath
mysticaldeath

wow surprisingly poorly executed and unmemorable, totally unecessary and for this price?! indistinct jumbled eighties style mess, smells cheap and synthetic also, scrubber :(

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

This starts with a jammy rose and oud which is soon joined by patchouli making the scent more earthy. As time passes the scent gets more woody from a dose of sandalwood.

This smells nice and is well done but just does nothing to distinguish itself from a dozen or so similar scent on the market.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

I cant believe ebay sellers! I just found out that a 4.25 ounce bottle online from dior, brand new, is only 190.00 and ebay sellers are trying to get 285 and up! it's insane! and so wrong, shame on them!

Kenni
Kenni

Smells like gassy rose, and very subdued oud. Not a fan of this one, but it does have a "kinky vibe" that is delicious. Very playful and full of unrefined youth.

Belvedere
Belvedere

Sprayed on a card this is interesting, on my skin the Oud is a little harsh. Smells of quality and if you love sweeter rose scents this could be for you. Gets better on dry down and one to definitely try but not for me.

farang
farang

I have been smelling around and looking for the 'perfect' masculine rose. This is one of them! There are many rose-oud combos on the market, but this one stands out due to the well blended smoky, woody oud and a beautiful rose. My other favourite Rose is Lyric Man which has more notes jumping around.

A long time favourite has been Rosam by Histoire de Perfume, but smelled side by side with Oud Ispahan it now feels a tad too sweetish and synthetic as compared to OI.

Bodda89
Bodda89

I will not describe this is a fairy tale indescribable the rose is so well integrated with oud and patchouli in a way that makes them a new note that you can't call by the name of any of them but it's a relaxing scent although it's a bit on the heavy side
Hint: it has a bit of an animalic facet to it

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Not just another rose/oud combo. The patch gives it an earth and dark vibe not executes in this type of scent usually. Both genders can wear this without an issue and be satisfied extremely. Not Montale projection but almost. Sillage is good as well. Too steep for me to buy but my decant will fit me well for some time. Dior has created another well blended intoxicating scent.

5228r
5228r

For those that know what is good, this is a masterpiece, why? this is how you know that a perfume is good, in terms of a good music, this perfume has rythem, structural balance, functionality and balance, it is like music that changes and when it is approaching its end you keep calling for more
This is for real men not boys.

markjcretella
markjcretella

I just tried this today for the first time. I was dismissing it as just another rose/oud combo. I found it not original and boring.....until about 90 minutes after application. The oud becomes smokey in the middle and remains so for a long time. And I love smokey. I keep thinking that intoxicating is the word to describe the latter drydown. Good projection, excellent longevity. My rating 8.0

yvashche
yvashche

By far the best of the Couturier fragrances: this is a rose darkened. Its oudy and smoky. Smells very expensive (which it is). I can see this being worn any time of the year to special events and daily. A must-have.

Edit: I have a spray bottle and a splash bottle of this and I prefer the splash. You can dribble some on your chest and the smell becomes strong and intoxicating.

Kain
Kain

ISPAHAN (we call it ISFAHAN here!) is the name of one the biggest provinces of IRAN and there are big rose (persian rose) garden there and the rose note in this fragrance has been taken from there (it seems!)

This fragrance opens up with the dominating persian rose note mixed with oud and white musk and the smell of it brings me back memories of my childhood where many mans like our grandfathers were using hand made perfumes made by this kind of rose.
It's sweet, fresh but at the same time dark, woody and dirty musky because of oud and white musk notes.
The scent has a classic vibe and it dosen't smell like modern rose fragrances that you can find these days on the market.
As time goes by the scent gets smoother and I can smell a fruity vibe like cherry! yep!
It's like a fresh and a little tart cherry smell mixed with rose and there are oud and musk notes surrounding it.
In the base I can smell mostly white musk with it's dirty animalic feeling and there is a little bit of rose completely in the background.
All and all, a simple and high quality oud and rose combo that smell a little different from other ones out there.
Projection is above average and longevity is around 8 hours on my skin.

راستش این عطر منو یاد عطرهای دست سازی میندازه که بچگیا بعضی از پدرها یا بابا بزرگهامون استفاده میکردن
بوی گلاب مانند توش کاملا مشهوده ولی حس خاص و نسبتا متفاوتی داره
بچگیا مشهد که میرفتیم علاوه بر عطر معروف تی رز سوغات جانمازهای ما، یادمه یه سری کولی های کُرد (غالبا زن) هم بودن که عطرهای دست سازی کنار حرم میفروختن و بوی این دقیقا منو یاد اون عطرها میندازه
البته انصافا کیفیت این به مراتب بهتره اما بالاخره بوش دقیقا همونه
حتی یادمه تو مشهد یه بسته بندی هایی بود شامل مهر، جا نماز، تسبیح و یه عطر کوچیک در حد 5 میل این حدودا که بسته بندی شده و برای سوغاتی آوردن برای اقوام و آشنایان از مشهد بود و اون عطر داخل اش دقیقا بوی همین عطرُ میداد
یعنی به عبارت بهتر بگم بوی این عطر یه سطح پایین تر و درپیت تر از عطرهای تی رز مشهدی هست
یعنی همچین حسی به آدم میده چون تی رز باز به مراتب گرون تر از این عطرهای دست ساز بود
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر هم با بوی شیرین گل رز که با وجود کمی متفاوت بودن باز همون بوی گلاب مانند رو داره شروع میشه که عود و مشک سفید باهاش ترکیب شدن
عود بهش کمی حس تلخ و تاریک میده و مشک سفید هم کمی حس کثیف و حیوانی بهش میده
در ادامه شیرینی بوی عطر کمی کمتر میشه و یه بوی ترش شیرین و یه بویی شبیه به بوی آلبالو به خودش میگیره
انگار عصاره آلبالو رو کمی بهش شکر اضافه کنن و بعد ترش و شیرین اش کنن و بعد بهش گلاب بزنن و مقداری هم رایحه عود و مشک به این ترکیب اضافه کنن
راستش رایحه میانی بدک نیست و حس جالبی داره
تو رایحه پایه بوی عود و رز و اون بوی آلبالویی تا حد بسیار بسیار زیادی ضعیف میشن در حدی که شاید اصلا حس اش نکینن و فقط بوی ملایم مشک سفید و اون حس حیوانی مانند و کثیف به مشام میرسه
یه عطر کلاسیک و قدیمی بر پایه رز که با قیمت 100 برابر کمتر از این (البته با کیفیت پایین تر) میشه تو بازارهای مشهد و قم و این جور جاها پیدا کرد
پخش بوش متوسط به بالا است و ماندگاری هم در حد 8 ساعت روی پوست هست

Well done and hats off to Dior and Francois Demachy for making a rose/oud scent that is unique in an evermore crowded market place.
It's a little unfair to call it trite as admittedly the rose/oud combo has been done to death but I think the patchouli and sandalwood in this become more prominent as it settled on my skin. This does enough to make it distinctive.
Opens with a rose that is a bit too much for my taste but soon subsides to reveal the patchouli and dense oud. It's very opulent, strong yet refined at the same time, Oud Ispahan is very nice indeed.
Having said that I'm not keen enough to wear it and have very specific needs in a rose fragrance ie: it has to strike the precise right balance.
So Oud Ispahan didn't blow me away and it certainly isn't as bold as the other Oud fragrance from this collection but definitely worth a sniff.

Miss_Nicole
Miss_Nicole

Oud Ispahan is a very polarizing fragrance. Definitely not a go to one for most but for me, it's captivating and mesmerizing. It's a type of frag that has this push / pull aspect to it. In one moment I'm thrusted forward in a dare I say slightly off putting way, and in another I'm hauled back to this bewitching blend. It's one that piques my interest & also leaves me puzzled but all the while begging for more.
Oud Ispahan begins with a blast of good old bandaid note. (A sharp almost prickly bandaid I might add) The rose (which is a very naughty gal in this blend) slowly starts to come forth with oud (which at this point is less sterile/medicinal but still has some traces of that chemical type of feel) and a nice heaping pile of patch. The notes all play nice together to create a smoky, woody, almost murky rose/oud blend. The highlight in my eyes is the star player - the oud. This oud in this frag is very bi polar in a way, as it wishy washy's around through the different phases of this composition. It's medicinal/almost metallic in the beginning, it gets darker and deeper in the mid and then ends with a very sharp/almost a touch sweet vibe. Gives me whiplash with how much it morphs itself, but still very much enjoyable (to me.)
My preference is for my rose/oud frags to be heavier on oud, and this fulfills that desire. As far as projection goes, one spray on each wrist is all I need to announce my presence in full force. This is a robust one, so be careful. Too much will choke out the masses. Staying power is above average and it most certainly leaves a mighty trail of scent behind you.
This is definitely an acquired scent. Unconventional, particular and very alluring and unisex for sure.
So Sample if out and see for yourself what your take is on Oud Ispahan. ;)

CDGfan

Do not be fooled by the rose note, this is a very MANLY scent. The first 45 minute- 1 hour is Indian rose syrup but after that it turns into a male tiger marking its territory in the sandalwood forests of Southern India. People have commented that its a captivating but strange scent, animalic, urinous , woody, incensey smokey yet very alpha male.
Most Oud scents are unisex but both Dior's Leather Oud and Oud Ispahan are masculine. It is difficult for a woman to pull this off especially in the drydown of the fragrance.

franksgirl
franksgirl

Exquisite and expensive smell. I do not remember me raving so much about a fragrance for a while. It was a love at first smell - I adore it! The opening reminds me somehow of cuir de russie chanel (must be rose, patchuli and sandalwood combo) but dry down is even better on me. Ideal for colder months. Sillage monster- what a gem!

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Oud with a touch of rose, simple combination, very lasting.

new friend
new friend

عود أصفهان من ديور للنساء والرجال
أعتقد أننا جميعا نسترشد بقراءة مكونات العطر عند تجربته وربما يكون موقع فراجرانتيكا هو أحد أهم مصادرنا لمعرفة مكونات العطور والتعرف على آراء من سبق لهم تجربة العطر.
حقيقة أنا لا أقرأ التعليقات والريفيوهات المكتوبة عن العطر قبل تجربته حتى أتجنب تسرب الأفكار المسبقة لذهني تجنبا للتشويش.
غير أنني أقوم دائما بقراءة مكونات العطر عند تجربته فهو أمر مفيد للغاية.
لكن مع عطر عود أصفهان اختلف الأمر تماما
فالمكونات المكتوبة عن العطر في فراجرانتيكا هي كالآتي:
الافتتاحية: بلسم اللابدنام
القلب: الباتشولي
القاعدة: أخشاب الصندل + الورد + العود
والمكون الأكثر كثافة وظهورا في العطر هو العود يليه الورد ثم الباتشولي ويليهم البلسم وأخشاب الصندل.
صراحة ولأول مرة أنا غير موافق على كل ما كتب أعلاه
فالعطر يبدأ بصراع قوي للعود محاولا أن يتغلب على طغيان وطوفان نوتة الورد المجفف.
نعم فالورد هنا مجففا وهذا يبدو جليا لمن يدقق لأنه سيلمح تدخينا مصاحبا لرائحة الورد.
ولكن هيهات أن ينجح العود في التغلب على كثافة الورد الذي سرعان ما تدعمه لمحات لزهرتي الأوركيد والجاردينا تماما كما حدث في عطر توم فورد الشهير بلاك أوركيد
ولكن سيختلف الأمر هنا تماما عن بلاك أوركيد لظهور نوتة الأنيمالك المصاحبة لظهور البلسم بشكل لا تخطؤه الأنف ولكنها ليست منفرة وإنما ستعطي للعطر لمحة سويتية ناعمة بعض الشيء.
الآن حان دور ضيف الشرف الذي لن ينتهي بسهولة والذي رغم غرابته لم أستطع انكار وجوده.
انه النوتة الفاكهية التي تزاحم العود أيضا وتعيق ظهوره واستحواذه على شخصية العطر كلما مر الوقت وبدت له الفرصة سانحة.
الباتشولي وأخشاب الصندل لا وجود لهما أو علاقة بالعطر على الإطلاق.
مع مرور الوقت سيختفي الجميع وسيبقى هذا الثنائي الورود المجففة والعود.
العطر بهذا زهري فاكهي شرقي
لا علاقة له بعطر بلاك عود من مونتال فالورود هنا جافة مدخنة ليست بانعاش ونفاذية الورود في عطر مونتال.
أعتقد أن اسم العطر "عود أصفهان" قد خدع الكثيرين الذين صوتوا لكثافة العود على حساب الورود اعتمادا على اسمه.
مع الاغفال التام للنوتة الفاكهية وبقية الأزهار الموجودة بالعطر.
العطر - دون أدنى شك - يحمل عبقا جميلا ومميزا، لن يمر بك الآخرون دون ابداء الإعجاب أو لفت الأنظار.
العطر شتوي بامتياز، ورائع في الأمسيات الصيفية
الثبات ممتاز وهائل، الفوحان رائع خاصة مع الساعات الأربعة الأولى لارتداء العطر
واعتقد انه لن يفارق الملابس الشتوية إلا بعد مرور ثلاثة ايام على الأقل.

Amor und Psyche
Amor und Psyche

This perfume was not made to please everyone. It is strong. Although the agarwood note is sharp and intense, it is smoothed quite well by the ispahan rose and by the sandalwood base note.

The patchouli and the labdanum are both discrete and work together to create a very agreeable oriental fragrance.

I find this approach to rose interesting because the trend for perfumes with a rose heart note is generally to create either a sweet rose(e.g. velvet rose and oud by jo malone) or a fresh and sparkling one (e.g. rose ikebana by Hermès). Here, it is smoky, it is woody but it keeps a certain freshness, underlined by the sweet but not sickening opulence of the ispahan rose.

It's perfect for men but splendid for women.

gaurav.verma2308
gaurav.verma2308

This is a soothing perfume and will work better on elder people.
Wont appeal to youngsters!!
Mature rose fragrance with a mix of Oud!!
I live in India and this could work in a better way since Winters are arriving.
Thing that impressed me a lot about this perfume was its projection n lasting...Its jjjuuussstt AMAZING !!
Dior's Leather Oud,Oud Ispahan and Ambre NuIt are the ones which allure me alot!!
Worth trying once !!
I sampled it in India with Splash Fragnance
+91 8956139654
+91 8793896846

ed
ed

Smells expensive (and it is), but I simply couldn't wear this. The rose note is too obvious for a supposedly unisex fragrance. As a man, it would make me feel rather uncomfortable.

greydove
greydove

Yowza! This is the first oud I've smelled that's different to Montale, JHAG, Tom Ford, Kurkdijian, Creed, etc. At least to my nose...For the first time I smelled the almost astrigent, chemical smell of the oud throughout the fragrance. I can't say that I liked it because to me, this oud smelled like rubbing alcohol instead of bandaids which I find more acceptable. However, there were some jaw dropping moments during the lifespan of this perfume that almost convinced me this was the one! I read that this was animalic, but I didn't get that.. What I did get was a beautiful, sweet rose, perhaps the prettiest I've smelled in an oud rose combo yet. It wasn't jammy, or syrupy, it was chewy and dense, and it seemed to have a watery heart that kept it refreshing. One fascinating thing I noticed about this one was that when first applied the oud almost made my eyes water when I put my wrist near my nose, while the rose was only detectable at a distance. By the end of the day it had flipped! Now the rose was only detectable close up, while the oud was out in front. This one is more challenging than I expected, but I liked it enough to get a large sample. Sometimes I'd rather be challenged than soothed when it comes to perfume. Also I don't think this one is anything like Guerlain's Rose Nacree.

ranchorita
ranchorita

This blend of accords is enchanting to me and I love it. If you are considering buying, though, do track down a decant or sample to try. On the basis of my first wearing, I would have purchased this. Later on, however, Le Boyfriend said this smells to him like his mother's perfume, Sung by Alfred Sung. Other than rose and sandalwood, I see no common accords between those.

As much as I adore this fragrance in and of itself, the association with the Dragon Lady is too much to overcome: I won't be investing in a bottle of this. I will, however, be enjoying my decant on the sly. Absolutely gorgeous.

Michael1962
Michael1962

finally purchased a bottle of this splendid rose and oud nectar from the Dior boutique in Sydney yesterday.I must admit that the splendour,richness and opulence of this fragrance is literally off the charts.I wore a sample to work on Thursday and could not only smell it that night but also on the collar of my work shirt two days later, after the shirt had been in the wash,as I was ironing it.No fragrance I have owned has ever been this longlasting.I would describe the fragrance as a dirty rose which is well supported and even overtaken in the drydown by Dior's signature oud which in my opinion is the best in the business.The sandalwood and patchouli all play their part in this magnificent symphony.highly recommended for the fragrance aficianado which likes luscious oriental fragrances with great sillage,longevity,class and opulence.most definitely a 10/10 in my books and has pride of place in my collection.

susana75
susana75

I'm not going to review this masterpiece,I smell wealth in this ,as a middle eastern woman I adore oud , It's 24 carat pure gold . I'ts Middle east in a bottle!!

A wonderful fragrance!
The top notes conjure up Rooh Afza rose syrup commonly available in Indian grocery stores, a dark jammy syrupy rose, after 45 minutes to an hour, it turns animalic and the agarwood and patchouli arrive and there it remains till sandalwood and agarwood smoke remain at the end. This lasts FOREVER, easily 24 hours. Projection is medium to good.

Very well composed!

steve0580
steve0580

Excellent scent - I love it.

Typically, I don't care for floral scents and I've only smelled one other Oud-Rose combination, which was a bit too feminine for me. Not this one.

The oud is dominate here and a bit harsh in combination with the rose. While there is a floral-rose scent, it stays in the background and is light enough to where men can wear it and not have to worry about smelling too feminine.

It has immense projection and longevity. Expect to get 12+ hours out of it.

spoombung
spoombung

I'm not quite sure what I think of this. The 'jammy' rose is quite prominent at the start - in fact it smells a bit like Indian Rose Syrup. This contrasts with something burnt, slightly ashy and a potent faux oud that morphs into a dusty, dry patchouli base - and yes, the base is a bit like the one in Leather Oud. Roughness with smoothness.

It's one of those fragrances that is strong enough to disrupt a nice meal so it has to be used with care; it's very heavy, ultra powerful and gets comments (but not compliments in my experience so far). On the whole I prefer Leather & Oud's combination with beeswax and saffron rather than rose but this is still a very good fragrance.

Update: now wearing this regularly. It's really grown on me.

nawaz1020
nawaz1020

AWESOME SMELL YOU LOVE ITTT

Shwets

Update: I have done the three times test where i have tried this again (now several times) and am still besotted. I have smelt this on people at work and it still hypnotizes me. Just love the smoke rose and oud in this.

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

The two prominent notes in OI are rose and oud. OI basically begins with an overpowering rose note, not the floral rosy smell that you would find in women fragrances, but a dirtier and darker rose scent (it may be the oud in the background pulls it a little to the "darker side"). OI also opens with a very enticing sweet, ambergris scent, which I think comes from the labdanum and keeps the oud from opening too loudly (the oud is quite noticeable from the beginning, but is not as overpowering as it is during the dry down phase). A very simple combination of scents, but the proportions and the quality of the ingredients make the opening ultra elegant and enjoyable, despite its strength...a very unisex opening.

After about 1 hour, the rose and the labdanum scents begin to fade slowly to give path to the oud, which increasingly takes over as the dominant note until the end. Here is when OI gets more masculine, as it gets warmer, woodier, and smokier.

I agree with Ifmars98 in that Oud Ispahan finishes like Leather Oud. Dior's Leather Oud begins with an strong burnt tobacco and leather scent, over time those notes tone down giving path to the oud which comes out as the dominant note during the dry down. I could not tell much of a difference between OI and LO at the peak of their dry down once the oud becomes the reigning king--it takes a few hours to get there. They both basically smell like straight oud at that point. So, if you prefer an animalistic and very "cave man" type of opening, go for LO, if you like a middle eastern rose, with an European (Dioresque) elegant opening, go for OI. At the end, both smell the same to me.

I am an heterosexual male who does not like rose notes in his fragrances. But the character and blend of OI's notes are such that it has become an exception. I really love the rose/oud combination here. It is done with Dior's cachet stamped all over.

Because it is a powerful, loud, and long-lasting fragrance, it is not for injudicious, casual, or imprudent fragrance wearers. As with any fragrance, but particularly with OI, you have to know the place and time to wear OI.

I have heard a lot of criticism about OI being another rose/oud composition and not being innovative at that. I think one needs to approach OI without bias if you have experienced other rose/oud fragrances. You will see OI is done in an upscale European style and interpretation. OI stands on its own pedestal of hauteur and distinction.

Civetted
Civetted

I'm with Conifer lover on this one. Oud Ispahan has a raspy, abrasive synthetic woody note that I just can't stand, and it's overwhelming. Maybe karanal? I read somewhere that women tend to be more sensitive to it. Too bad, I love me a good oud.

lfmars98
lfmars98

It's very nice. I'll compare it to Dior's Leather Oud that I wore a day earlier. The oud here is stronger at the start and it's slightly sweet and smokey. The rose does come out during the drydown to balance out the oud. I think it's a lot more wearable than Leather Oud or Montale's Black Oud. It has good projection and I get 10+ hours on my skin. This might be my rose-based fragrance to buy. 2 for 2 on my Dior samples. 8.5/10

DEAD SEXY!!!
Oud mixed with Arabian rose, very smokey - for men and woman.
Outstanding sillage.

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

Perhaps my sample vial has turned but this fragrance smells wicked and not in a good way. It's very strong, offensive, and smells toxic to my nose like sulphur mixed with toxic chemicals.

The poor little dainty roses and sandalwood dont stand a chance against this mighty agarwood which threw his weight around and dismissed them as they were nothing.

My body went through a mild state of shock as the headache turned into a stomach ache.

For those of us curious about Oud, I can safely say that we shall stay away from this one until our noses have matured enough to accept this strong, off the charts, chemical plant material. I'm pretty sure no one wants to smell this bad. If you still feel the need to sample it, I strongly recommend wearing a safety suit.

LANIER
LANIER

The old blind soothsayer’s breath fell upon the sands that were spread over the silver plate. The glittering grains moved slowly, almost imperceptibly. The Princess, daughter of the Caliph of Bagdad leaned closer to the shifting sands to see a shape begin to appear, the shape of a perfect rose.

“The sands foretell my princess, the one who will win your heart and your hand; he shall be the first to touch the rose.”

The thief Ahmed perched in the highest branch of an agar tree that stretched out over the palace walls watched his beloved receive her fortune. She whom he loved from afar since his eyes first beheld her veiled beauty in the bazaar of the silk merchants, she who was so far above him, she whom he dare not dream of.

“The rose?” the Princess looked up into the face of the blind man.

“Yes the rarest rose in the garden of your father, the Persian Rose of Ispahan.”

The Princess glanced across the garden of her father and beheld the perfection of pink and perfume which was the very rose the soothsayer spoke of. There by the palace wall near the old agar tree set in a planter made of sandalwood it bloomed in the sun. Its beauty only surpassed by its magical aroma that filled the garden.

“How can that be?” The princes looked back to the old teller of impossible tales. “No man but my father is allowed near his precious rose. It is forbidden to all but him.”

“There is one, I see him, and he is very near. Even now my Princess, even now he knows of this rose. The having of it is the key to unlock your love. He will bring the rose to you in the lowly leather satchel of a thief.”

The Princess laughed and dropped three silver coins in the hand of the soothsayer. “A thief? You are mad my dear old one. Sweet and full of fantasies but quite mad. Now off with you and come back tomorrow to tell my fortune again.”

Ahmed watched as the ancient blind one was lead away by the princess’s servant. He watched as the princess walked thought the garden past the green patchouli and the fragrant labdanum flowers. When she came to the Rose of Ispahan she bent down to smell it and as she did, one tear fell from her cheek onto the perfect petal of the rose.

“If only it were true.” She whispered. “Allah, please make it so.”

That night in the cover of a moonless sky with only the light of the stars to guide him the thief Ahmed again climbed the agar tree. With the aid of a magic rope he had stolen from a magician in the marketplace he dropped silently into the garden of the Caliph. He easily moved along the shadows of the blue night to where the rose grew. In one swift moment he snatched the bloom from the bush and gently placed in into his leather satchel.

“Who’s there?” a voice rushed across the darkness. The Princess stood at the gate of the garden holding a sputtering golden lamp.

* * *

Oud Ispahan by Christian Dior is a tale from the Arabian Nights. The perfume that Scheherazade might wear to tell her tales to the King and in so doing weave an even more enchanting spell over him. It is also the perfect rose scent for a thief of Bagdad to steal and wear to woe a princess. It is magical.

In this floral oriental there is all the beauty and splendor to be found in the gardens and bazaars of the Near East. The rarest and most romantically pungent and intoxicating oud is at the center of this fragrance. For it is all about the oud and the tale it tells here in conjunction with the other notes. This base note is the solid foundation upon which all else is presented. The perfume opens with the lush and overtly sensual labdanum (the very scent Madame de Pompadour used to seduce King Louis XV) it is rich and wonderful and smells of sexy warm flesh. A garden of exceptionally wonderful patchouli comes in to warm the middle and plays counterpoint to the song sung by the labdanum. Up then from the base floats the beautiful Damascus rose and very fine sandalwood. This rose, sandalwood and oud are fantastic together. Out of the bottle or sprayed on a blotter it is beautiful. When it hits the skin it is a perfume of resplendent rose and agar wood oud of the most perfect creation. It is miraculous.

The perfume has a wonderful life that lasts on my skin for many hours and even the next morning it lingers close to the skin in the most delightful and inviting way. As if calling you back for one more night in the garden of the Caliph. The projection is good but not overwhelming if you apply it with restraint; which is hard to do since it is so delicious upon the first application.

For me this is one of the top perfumes in the truly magnificent presentation by Christian Dior of the Privée line of fragrances. A masterpiece by a house I am coming to love even more with every new foray into each of their perfumes.

OUD ISPAHAN FIVE PLATINUM STARS *****

tymanski
tymanski

sure, oi is yet another jumper on the oud-rose bandwagon, but so what? that doesn't make it less likable. and it is a very likeable, strident and well-constructed edp(?) with demachy's fingerprints all over it. i get a very similar oud from his impressively barnyard leather oud (which i've taken to layering with with luten's ism to make it much more wearable) and that piquant and dry-fruity rose from ambre nuit. sillage is almost powerhouse on this and it lasts for days, which many others in the current oud/rose/patch game can definitely not say. and while i do enjoy portrait of a lady, its drydown earthiness can grate - i think i will be wearing oi more often, esp with the coming winter; i can see the astringency of the icy (synthetic?! who wears a photorealistic rose?) rosy heart shining brightly in the cold.
nice work from dior & demachy

lee.wok
lee.wok

On longevity; This fragrance is ridiculously long lasting. I sprayed it around noon and I can still get whiffs of it at midnight, after taking a shower with a deodorant body wash.

TerryM
TerryM

Definitely on the top of my favorites list! Not overpowering but had a moderate to strong sillage. I get the most compliments when I wear this fragrance. The oud and patchouli soften to a gorgeous, heavenly amber rose. Lovely. This is a 5 star scent for me!

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

At first I was repulsed. I know oud can have a rubber type smell, and this one does. That in combination with the labdanum makes it have an underlying smell of cigarette...yes, I found it odd. I told myself to just wait a few minutes and it would blend better and calm dowm, and it did. I was scared at first, but wait about 15 minutes and it is lovely. It is rich, sultry, the patchouli can now show its presence. It is a dark, sultry, sexy scent. I visualize black leather and lace....no, just black leather..that is the scent to me. I visualize this is something a dominatrix would wear to seize the emotions of her submissive victim.

ssslus
ssslus

I was so excited about this one. I have Ambre Nuit and I love it. Cant have enough. I thought that since both of them have rose in it, it will be somewhat comparable.
After long wait for a sample of this one, I finally sprayed it on my skin and now I know why everyone is talking about Middle East.
I love strong fragrances, but this one is way too overpowering. I felt like I just walked in some crazy store with incense, where they are burning 50 of them at the same time.
If you are wearing burqua, you def dont have to worry about your perfume not being recognized. This one will last forever. Sadly, it does smell like cheap incense store that you find in any flea market. Sorry Dior. This one is too predictable and generic.

Gashtasb
Gashtasb

Iran in a bottle...

fkollmeier
fkollmeier

This is good stuff. Arabian Rose and smokey Oud dominate this fragrance and make it very dense but delicate at the same time. The density of the smokey and sweetish Oud reminds me of the Arabian Bukhoor. 10/10!!!!

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

A burst of the fruitiest bubblegum note that thrilled and delighted me! A very strong and prominent dusty note follows and what is left is exact memory smell of firecamp and burning leaves and twig to me, it is simply a beautiful roasting scent, that has been done by Cartier in Baiser du dragon. While baiser unfolds into an earthier more creamy half gourmand-half gothica, sensation, Oud ispahan dives into a bed of dry parched patchoulli and medicinal oud with a scatter fragrant rose petals, the sillage and longevity in this is tremendous and could definitely me deemed as unisex. While it is true the rose-oud territory is more of a been-there-done-that cliche, this rose-oud certainly has a more feisty and defiant image

Happy to swap decants worldwide.

Yay, yet another old fragrance with just a new name on the label. Take some Portrait of a Lady and mix it with a tiny drop of Dark Rose. Shake for a a couple of minutes and then add a dollop of any of the twenty plus rose-oud compositions by Montale et voilà, here's Dior Oud Ispahan. Smells ok but it's trite, adds nothing new to the table and it's pricey....how it sounds?

Oud Ispahan by Dior 4.15 out of 5 based on 242 ratings and 55 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Oud Ispahan fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Oud Ispahan, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Oud Ispahan by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Oud Ispahan by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.