Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Pure Poison Dior for women
dislike

I have it: 1774 I had it: 1182 I want it: 1473 My signature: 86

Pure Poison Dior for women Videos
Pure Poison Dior for women Pictures Pure Poison Dior for women Pictures Pure Poison Dior for women Pictures Pure Poison Dior for women Pictures Pure Poison Dior for women Pictures Pure Poison Dior for women Pictures Pure Poison Dior for women Pictures Pure Poison Dior for women Pictures

Pure Poison is the newest Dior’s poison; it enchants you, and fills you with bold strength. The name reflects the fragrance. Pure Poison was created by three perfumers, three ‘noses’, three souls, so this collective product delights with complex composition and incredible harmony.

At the beginning you are allured by fresh notes of bergamot and jasmine, then white flowers come in, erotic and intoxicating, while sandalwood and amber in the base give it depth.

Pure Poison was made in 2004. The creators are Carlos Benaim, Dominique Ropion and Olivier Polge.

Orange Sicilian Mandarin Bergamot Jasmine

Intimately Beckham
Isles Lointaines
In The Mood For Love

Pure Poison Fragrance Reviews

Pure Poison never worked for me. I had a few samples when it first came out, then smelled on so many women, then smelled again on myself from recent tester...
No way. I cannot make myself into liking it and it makes me sad, because I loved the bottle (first version), I love the notes list if it was true, I love the initial floral notes, citrus fruit and White flowers and I would have loved sandalwood if it was of that magical creamy Mysore type and not a thick chemical.
The opening and first 15 minutes tricks you, because it makes you believe that Pure Poison is a lovely, feminine, powerful yet mellow fragrance.

Wrong. This is a masculin synthetical wood masked as floral and light.
This is the (chemical) wolf masked as innocent romantic sheep.
Exactly like Coco Mademoiselle or even old Bvlgari (brown) and many more recent Bvlgari, it's a cheap after-shave that put a frilly dress on. I really hate that plasticky woody base that lingers forever after all the blend is gone and seems to be ubiquitous as if all perfumers used the same raw material and not even natural I guess.
Pure Poison, CM (more vanillic), Bvlgari, Euphoria and so many others smell like this in the drydown, all equals, only "dressed" with different flowers.
I never met a woman that smelled good wearing this. It doesn't stink or is crap, cheap, nothing like this, it's just my feeling that they are wearing modern synthetical male colognes and quite ironically they often are of that type that drag bf/husband by his...ooops!

sanaliz
sanaliz

I LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLove it

squirrelhead
squirrelhead

I was nervous about trying this thinking ,it would be heavy and bold .
I was surprised to find the top notes of the Orange and Mandarin Orange so , noticeable .
They tend to overpower the middle notes of Orange Blossom and Gardenia .
The bottom notes are neutral in the dry down . It reminds me of one of my all time
fragrant scents called...... ( the original ). Dolce Gabbana with the red velvet top , introduced
years ago ......They have now re -formulated a watered down version of this fragrance
if , you like a lighter body . (The Dolce Gabbana original).
Because , the Pure Poison tends to be a little strong for the spring and summer ,
It would be enjoyable to try this again , for fall and winter .

ask247
ask247

I became aware of this perfume when I entered a restaurant and could smell it immediately and thought it smelled so yummy, but how was I going to track down the owner in a crowded restaurant.
Low and behold the wearer of this amazing perfume happened to walk right up next to me in the food line.
An older white haired lady, I told her she smelled wonderful and she said, "really, my perfume isn't too strong is it?" I said, "No it smells amazing, it makes me want to eat you, you smell so good!"
She seemed to blush a little then gushed, "It's Christian Dior's Pure Poison and I have to order it on the internet." I said, "Well you smell wonderful." And she said, "Thank you, you made my day" walking away with the biggest grin and a little more life in her step.
It became my mission to get this gorgeous smelling perfume and thank heaven Pure Poison is Pure Heaven on me as well, I am in love!! My signature scent for life. Thank you back, lil' ol' white haired lady!

Potioner
Potioner

Bought 3 Times On Ebay ALL FAKE Including A 3.4 Oz Midnight Poison When Will I Ever Smell This Beauty Again? Dior Needs To Bring Them Back!

BringUsAShrubbery
BringUsAShrubbery

First off, they changed the bottle. It is now a pale purple and white, instead of the beautiful iridescent pearl in the picture. Don't get me wrong, the new bottle is still pretty, but why? Why do they always try to fix something that is not broken?

As for the fragrance - gorgeous. However, as some have already noted, it smells quite similar to Intimately Beckham. Since I already own that, and it is significantly cheaper, I think I would buy Hypnotic Poison instead.

zalc
zalc

Im not really a floral fan but I love this. Id never thought to try it as the notes didn't appeal to me, I was shopping with my 10 year old daughter a few months ago and I bought hypnotic poison which I am in love with and my daughter asked if she could try poison on. I was about to spray a little of the hypnotic poison on her cardi but thought actually the pure poison was probably more fitting for my 10 year old daughter, i knew it was still a very grown up scent but just seemed more innocent/young than the other poisons so I sprayed a little on her cardi and one spray on the top of her head and forgot all about it.....until that evening when I tucked her into bed! Omg....this absolutely beautiful creamy sandalwood mingled with soft white flowers sweetened slightly by amber wafted up from her head...it was gorgeous. I couldn't stop smelling her head! I went straight down stairs after id finished tucking her in and had purchased a 100ml bottle online within 5 minutes! that's how much I like it. This is so much more that just a floral, it has a very clean soapy just showered smell to it, not too sweet but really creamy and woodsy. And I was totally wrong about this being more fitting for a 10 year old, it isn't fitting at all....its downright sexy! not in the typical femme fatal poison way its far more subtle and clean than the others but it is very sexy! I love it. Longevity and sillage are very good too.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

This is the only Poison flanker to date to work on my skin. I generally have terrible luck with Diors, but this turned out fairly well. It isn't super special, mostly a blend of sweet white florals with a little amber and orange and a soapy sort of feel, but it does smell clean and rather pleasant. I'd even go so far as to say this is office safe. It has a very similar vibe to Armani Mania, so if you tried Mania and (like me) found it to be too sharp, this would be an EXCELLENT substitute. I'm glad to have finally found a poison that works for me since I've always loved the bottles!

caros76
caros76

Surprised to read some of the negative reviews. This is an elegant and sophisticated perfume. Lasts well. Others can smell it on me when I no longer can. Perfect for a special evening occasion. Based on some of the negative reviews I would have to recommend you try before you buy, as it is a unique scent, and maybe something that you either love or loathe. I definitely love it.

Gingercat77

I just bought my third bottle of this... I think I can safely call this my signature scent. Im so in love with it! <3

fragrantme
fragrantme

What can I say about this? It is a luminescent, sparkling creamy floral like no other. I am surprised at the negative reviews here. I guess peoples' chemistry and noses differ or they are talking about the reformulated version. I hear that the new version is not bad , albeit with less longevity. I am fortunate to have the original one, but I have only 30% left in my 100ml bottle. I use it so rarely these days, don't want it to run out.
This is one perfume which is transcendental, at least on me. I guess I am lucky. The initial notes are sharp , but it changes pretty quickly and what I get is a day long white floral and creamy sandalwood. If I bury my nose in my wrist, I get the orange too. This sandalwood smells more real for me than Samsara's, even though that too is a favorite fragrance of mine. I live in the sandalwood belt in India. In my childhood, my mother had a piece of sandalwood which she would rub on a stone to make the sandal paste, used for adorning the deities. Pure Poison gives me that original smell. Most people are not getting the sandal accord here, I don't know whether it has got anything to do with the fact that most of you may be living in colder places. But for me this fragrance is as white floral as sandalwood.
I don't know how this one can last soooo long. 24 hours and more if I don't shower! It gets onto my pillows and bedcovers. After I wash my hair and towel dry it, it gets into the towel and stays in it. It stays on clothes even after laundry. My husband loves this, his most favorite fragrance ever.
I wish I could describe the way this perfume makes me feel, but I cant. This is elegance personified , in a softer , subtler way. And this is the benchmark upon which I measure other fragrances. And very few have stood upto this. Not even my Guerlains. Recently I have found that Elie Saab also has similar qualities ( even though entirely different fragrances)and if you are in love with this, you may like that too.

Rielle
Rielle

Got this beauty / all white bottle from 2008/ today as a blind buy and it smells WONDERFUL!!! For me the creamy jasmin is the strongest note first/ very similar to Intimately Beckham/ but later as it dries down starts to resemble more and more to the original Poison base. Nice sillage and longevity. Super feminine.

Sugarberries
Sugarberries

I have been a perfume addict sinse the mid 80's starting with the original Poison. Hypnotic Poison is my newest favorite of the Poison line. However this PURE POISON might actually be poison because it smells horrible and gave me a headache which has never happened to me before. I don't even know how to discribe it except it smells like chemicals you'd use to kill bugs and I wish I could unsmell it!

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

I got this from my friend, as she knew that I am a perfume addict. To me, it is a bit resembled to Bvlgari Jasmin Noir but more creamy and subtle. While Bvlgari Jasmin Noir is seductive one, Pure Poison is more like to tease us with its innocent yet sultry. Like it!

FloridaMom
FloridaMom

I tried the whole poison line at the French Pavillion at Epcot, I was surprised that I did NOT like it, being that Poison is my signature and all time favorite, and I would bathe in it if I could. I really think that Poison is so great that any extended versions of Poison after that cant hold a candle to it, although I did like Midnight. I thought this one and Tendre flat out stank, Hypnotic was ok but smelled like something you could get at a drugstore and not worth the pricetag, Midnight is pretty, nowhere close to the original Poison, but pretty in it's own way.

AmeliaBeautyfly

Omg this perfume is awful I hate it so much. it is the only perfume I hate. I don't know why but the smell of all those white florals reminds me of bug spray! Don't get me wrong...just ew..

sarah.r.sahib
sarah.r.sahib

This perfume is like a guilty innocence (pure poison) its pure but poisoning (addicted poison)
sophisticated perfume , full of flowers , magical, seductive , very clean and sexy
the opening starts with citrus notes mixed with Jasmine , orange blossom and then creamy Gardenia grows to perfect the picture, its smooth perfume ,silky , creamy like a girl wearing a silky dress and dancing on a symphony , simply this perfume is a symphony...

Gingercat77

This is my favourite ever perfume and for me the standard by which i judge all perfumes. It is intoxicating and beautiful and there is no other fragrance quite like it. Every time i wear it, it lifts my spirits. One bottle is not enough for me and i may even buy a third just in case Dior decide ( as is their whim!) to discontinue it.

kati77
kati77

Its much better than the first poison in red bottle ,its pretty white flowers ,strong gardenia and some bergamot. Not so much jasmin on my skin i can detect.
The red poison is much overpowering with vanilla and sweet coconut and chocolate aroma.
But pure poison even so more elegant and more wearble ,is not my case ,its just simillar to a lot of other fragrances with white flowers topic. So, sorry its not something special too.

A lot fresher version of Poison. On my skin it is mostly citrus & woody, I do not get much flowers. Strange, extraordinary scent for sure. I even don't remember if I had smelled anything like this before.
I think it is suitable both for women and men. To my nose, it has something masculine inside. Surely I can imagine a bossy woman wearing this scent!

virga
virga

Pure Poison smells good from the bottle – romantic white flowers and cedar. I was thinking about getting a bottle for years and today I tested it again. Don’t know if the scent was reformulated, but on my skin citruses are very prominent and the whole composition is rather dissociative – sharp citruses and soapy white flowers (gardenia mostly) just don’t go along very well, and the cedar note, which I like, is almost gone. Another thing worth to mention - the silage is huge and can indeed cause a headache. All in all, try on skin before buying.

silentwhispers
silentwhispers

Sprayed once, it gives a sensual, clean, warm, cuddly, and charming aroma. Sprayed twice, it reeks of bleach/detergent and is headache inducing - so apply SLIGHTLY.

The longest-lasting scent I've ever had. On my sweater one spray can last for 2 weeks!

MilicaaR
MilicaaR

Much less intense and 'in your face' than I expected it to be. And that's quite a good thing. Starts overwhelming, with orange being most noticeable, but settles down to a beautiful combination of lovely white flowers. Poison is powerful and elegant, so it kind of reminds me of Armani Code, which I find equally seductive, and I think it's because of the orange in the beginning.
Maybe it's just me, but the drydown is very, very similar to Lady Million.

Now I must use a phrase which I have read so many times here - I wanted to love this! It has one of the most beautiful bottles I have seen and everything about it seems so elegant and classy. The scent itself is white floral and a product of quality, that much I can tell.
The thing is, it's so bitter and sharp. I can even say it's nice or okay, it's just unpleasant. I always rate the perfumes I review. This is going to be a dislike and my heart aches because of it. Maybe some day I will give it another try.

Rio~sswi
Rio~sswi

Gosh...nothing to say. For the first time in my life something smell so pure. Totally jasmine in the bottle~

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

Yum yum yum! And it lasts so much longer - the longevity I WISH perfumes had. Dior, you are the bomb!

thatjacksonchicck
thatjacksonchicck

I love this perfume,makes me going crazy for its scent though this perfume cost a lot of money i want to buy it soo badly.
It's in absolutely the best perfume that i have ever tried , ever since i was little i love it but i never had the opportunity too by it.
Prominent notes are:Jasmine,bergamot and orange.
These notes especially jasmin make the perfume fascinating,misterious sexy and and very refined
For people like me who don't have this lovely perfume I say absolute try it ;)

almarie
almarie

I first smelled this in Sears- Eaton Centre (Toronto). I adore this scent! I never bought it back then because I couldn't afford it, but luckily I found a small bottle on eBay and it was authentic so I grabbed it for a song! So happy at that!

MsDana
MsDana

Another gorgeous Dior perfume. The Poison line is simply outstanding! Longevity is nearly 6 hours on me. Silage is on the stronger side, so a lighter application might be wise.

lirael00
lirael00

My signature fragrance. Love at first sniff.I've been wearing it for almost 10 years now. So I'm married to this poison and I'm not planning to file for divorce anytime soon.I've loved it when I was a teenager and I still love it now. It's my mum's fav too, and it's actually the first perfume that I started to use regularly. I can't get enough of this even though that lately I started to experiment with other scents, this one for sure is my one true love. It's the best of the Poison collection. It makes you feel freakin sexy even if you're not all glamed up. Everybody will give you compliments the girls the men, everyone...and the lasting power is crazy. It's stays on my coat for days.I know that a lot of women wear it, definetly the reason for that is because it's absoloutly amazing, you can't miss with this one. It's a true classic.

magrathea17
magrathea17

the scent is heavenly beautiful, one of the best I´ve ever smelled..

And now the bad part: I´m incredibly disappointed. I tried it at a store and thought "I´m gonna get this regardless of the price". thanks god I didn´t purchase it immediately (I wanted to let it develop).
lasting power 3 hours?!? Dior, seriously?
it evolves incredibly quickly and after 3 hours it´s practically gone - even on my oily skin. how the hell is that possible?
won´t spend my money on this. I can get a perfume at half the price and have it last twice as long. shame

demonicpretty
demonicpretty

Pure Poison is very sophisticated, clean, and sexy. I think it can be a bit unisex, honestly. My ex boyfriend wore Pure Poison, actually. Very long lasting and strong.

Aleksandja
Aleksandja

I enjoy poison. I wore it alot many years ago. Men love it on women, I find.

The only thing is, after you realise every second female smells like your once 'signature scent', you have to take a step in the other direction, to ensure nobody steals your credit card.

chuetta
chuetta

It is poison, addictive poison. If i wear it i want to smell it al the time. It's one of my favourite florals,i feel somewhat lighter when i wear it. The Jasmine is amazing combined with all other notes. it does kinda smell like purity

seawife
seawife

I was so excited to receive this in the mail today (along with Shalimar lotion and Womanity).

I put Womanity on right wrist. Pure Posion on the left. And my husband is
complaining. I might have gone a little overboard with the spritzes. Fair warning: a little Poison goes a long way.

Anyway, the Pure Poison is Devine! It's just lovely. It's light, flowery, sweet, a little musk perhaps? It's sexy in a soft way where Angel screams come and get it, Pure Poison gives a wink. On the other hand, or wrist as the case may be, Womanity is wondering when the clothes are coming off. I'll review that one later, let's just say Womanity is a tiger where Pure Poison is a purring kitten.

Pure Poison was a blind buy and I'm thrilled. It is a wonderful perfume.

Edit: just to say a few hours later, i get the occasional whiff from my wrist. It is heaven in a bottle. It is so beautiful. Wow and I thank you for the reviews that pursuaded me to try this gem. Possibly a new favorite.

WARNING! HATE REVIEW:
Personally I have never smelled any perfume that I hate. I dislike a lot but none of them is a hate. But this one is. I smelled it at sephora and when I returned home I just wanted to throw up. It smells awful on me! OMG, I tried to wash it out but that smell wont go away! I dont know why I hate..All the gardenia and amber smells awful to my nose...Thank god I had a tester of jadore by dior so i could get rid of the smell of pure poison

movs
movs

Pure Poison is the most versatile and easy-to-wear white floral I have ever encountered, because it is both fresh and deep at the same time.

It starts out like a soapy citrus scent with sweet mandarin and orange blossom. I can see that most people find jasmine and gardenia to be the most prominent notes but to my nose it is the orange blossom that plays the main carachter in the white floral bouquet.
The scent becomes more creamy and ambery in the dry down but at the same time it still keeps some of the citrussy freshnes and that soapy element, coming from the sandalwood.

This would have been the perfect white floral for me, if there hasn’t been a plastic note in the opening. My PP is a reformulated version and I would have loved to smell this scent before it was reformulated. I feel almost certain that the plastic note is a new addition to this perfume. Fortunately the plastic note disappears as the perfume settles but because I find the opening so beautiful that plastic note really annoys me.

PP is a beautiful white floral that can be worn all year, both day and night because it balances so perfect between the creamy and deep and the soapy and citrussy.
That being said I find that the most perfect occasion for wearing this scent would be at a garden party on a beautiful summer evening with people drinking champagne and dancing under a starry sky.

In 3 terms: SOAPY – CREAMY – WHITE FLORAL

Princess Adora
Princess Adora

Very different from the original poison,this smells to me Like orange blossoms and sweet citrus,I heard once that this fragrance was made for women who found the first poison to be strong and that's why it's called pure poison,it has great staying power and little goes a long way, the best out of the Dior poison range.

thatsperf
thatsperf

I dislike this perfume because it smells strongly of powdered laundry detergent. Very strong artificial floral smell that aggravates me.

galaxy86
galaxy86

Dior Poison was my mom's signature fragrance for years. I came to relate that fragrance to everything my mom stands for. Pure poison is pretty close to original poison. Got this by fluke in an auction buy and I have saved it to whiff my mom since I am seas apart from her. Planning to get a full size bottle soon. I am learning to pick on notes but I can smell jasmine and sandalwood for sure. Beautiful night time fragrance. It stays on the skin for real long time. Doesn't come off with soap either but is not overpowering even after first spray. Just forms a cloud of fragrance around you and stays for hours.

FashionSavvyDolly
FashionSavvyDolly

This is my designated night on the town fragrance. This scent makes me feel so sexy. I think it smells perfect.

aelipo
aelipo

very well made and balanced. very classy not too sweet a little citrussy. and kinda vintage imo

TRACTATUS
TRACTATUS

honestly the best poison in my opinion, like poison for nice girls. not overpowering yet lasts forever. I finished my bottle a while ago but my closet still smells like pure poison.

sahasz
sahasz

got this one for the second time, first was only 30ml now I bought 50ml. I truly love this fragrance, it's very long lasting as somebody here said before even week on coat/scarf. I like the rest of Dior poison but some of them are either too strong for the daytime or too vanilla for my taste.

Nimboo
Nimboo

For me something angelic springs to mind; a beautiful, light and clean fragrance. Truly 'special'.
I also love the bottle!

kylieb8
kylieb8

I tried this perfume today and while I think it is a beautiful fragrance, I think it is incredibly close to Elizabeth Arden's Splendor. I'd rather save my money than buy a more expensive dupe.

Irinka Popova
Irinka Popova

3 sprays on a scarf and this stay there already more than 1 week...

SweetHeart90
SweetHeart90

Pure Poison is (excuse my language here) sex in a bottle.

It is the very essence of a beautiful, alluring, confident woman. It is the scent that turns heads and brings people closer to you - ladies, this is as close to a love potion as you'll get!

Do NOT wear this perfume if you do not wish to be noticed in a room, it's called pure poison for a reason! The jasmine alone is enough to mesmerize you but the orange blosson and sandalwood will leave you feeling like a siren.

It has the right amount of longevity and the perfect sillage, not too much and not too little, which I find is rare in all the new perfumes coming out.

This one is definitely a signature scent and very hard to give up!

SucceeD87
SucceeD87

It is sweet and like most of Dior fragrances very long lasting.

Merl
Merl

As with any strong perfume, this one is much better if you spray, delay, then walk through the spray, a good formula for capturing the best of strong, wonderful perfumes. I never spray any great, strong fragrance directly on myself, because many of the great ones, give me that awful over the eye headache that lasts for days, and for me cause intoxication not unlike after having a few drinks that can be very dangerous to oneself and others. So spray and wear any of the very strong ones with caution.

LuciaMarcos
LuciaMarcos

I have to say I don't like this one that much :/ it's like too floraly on me, I wasn't ecpcting that I supouse, however it's very long lasting, I thinck because of the strongness, and it's not sweet at all! It's just floewrs, flowers and more flowers!

jade50
jade50

I get so many compliments while wearing Pure Poison.
I smell jasmine, orange blossom, bergamot and amber the most. Not cloyingly sweet, a well-balanced jasmine scent with depth. Love this one.

Peachply

Just on a whim tried it on at Sephora today, it reminded me of the original poison but much softer like a caress of the former which I found quite perfect. The scent became soft, romantic, sophisticated and womanly it's perfect for grownups! I'm happily reminded of my days of wearing the original but don't feel quite so flashy when wearing this. I've just ordered a small bottle from eBay to test the waters. Can't wait!

I am guilty of wearing poising in the mid-1980's and probably making countless people hold their breath as I went by, now I need not worry this version does not offend.

polarisking
polarisking

Pure Poison is a delicate and elegant perfume. The harmony of flavors create a perfume with a strong personality. The gardenia and jasmine are the main color, but the Sandalwood combines so well with these ingredients that enhances the finesse of white flowers. Finally a quality perfume with creamy amber and delicate citrus notes of orange blossom, a master merge that is rarely seen. If you are a perfume lover should have this work of art in your collection. The three noses of the perfume are nothing less than Carlos Benaim , Dominique Ropion (Alien, Euphoria, Aqua di Gioia), and Olivier Polge are true masters. Pure Poison has great silage and longevity, this is te essential quality you must have to be able to appreciate the beautiful drydown in which attenuate intense citrus notes to give a creamy and smooth combination almost gourmet. It is after an hour that the perfume reveal its sensuality. It is a versatile scent innocent enough to not despair in the day and an intimate and inviting fragrance for an evening affair. You can use it in cold seasons and in the spring. Elegant and sensual, innocent and sexy , at once carnal and ethereal, a unique piece made to enjoy....

Broseph
Broseph

I go to store to buy pure poison for my mother in law. Store lady very helpful, I buy big bottle for good price. At dinner I spray her with it when she nods off to sleep, I wait. Two hours now I wait and only she smells nice of jasmine!

manzoor86
manzoor86

i ordered Dior Poison,but when i opened the box,there was this into the box,i opened the box at once,there was a gush of sweet jasmine coming out from it mixed with some citrus notes,my heart started sinking for a while,because i am not a big jasmine fan,but when i applied it on my skin,the sweet jasmine and citrus notes gave way to the white gardenia and some woody notes and it appeared masculine in the dry down,now there is some sandalwood and sweet peony i could smell,
its such a heavy and sweet floral scent,i actually loved it,will edit the review in few days time again,
dior rocks!

Layzie
Layzie

Wow, this certainly is a floral fragrance! Out of the notes, jasmine is most prominent. On paper, it smells like a nice bouquet of flowers. On my friend's skin, it's magical. It becomes lightly sweet, creamy, and fresh. Pure Poison is a lovely floral that breathes an elegant sexiness.

nikkisq
nikkisq

Since I absolutely adore Hypnotic Poison, I gave this a try.
Best. Decision. Ever.
I'm not big on the floral, but this was actually wearable on me. It worked wonderfully with my chemistry. I let a few of my friends try it out, and they loved it as well! If you're aiming to feel confident without having to respray every 30 minutes, this is the perfume for you!

Happy Smelling :)

radzzzz
radzzzz

This is the longest lasting scent ive ever had. It will last all day and night. Even afer ive washed my clothes i still smell it. absolitutely love the citrusy wood smell! Its perfect. Also has a hint of floral that drives me up the wall. My fiance love loves loves this on me. He cant get enough of me while am wearing this.

Hallonix
Hallonix

Why haven't I tried this before? I just love Pure Poison! I tried it today, and from the moment I sprayed on the paper strip I knew I would love it. Jasmine is one of my favourites, and all the notes are pleasant to me. All the time this perfume has been on my skin has been enjoyable. I have to admit though, that before testing I was a bit worried this would be too sweet for me.
I can't stop sniffing my wrist. I bet I'll sleep this night hugging my arm.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I sampled it for the first time the other day-top notes are VERY reminecent of Miss Dior Cherie. However, once the mid notes comes it, it smells like cleaner, more powdery, lighter version of original Poison.
I also noticed that lot of folks were comparing this to Victoria Beckham scent-totally agree, its very simular, except Beckham scent is not as "clean". ITs warmer and spicier. But if you want a cheaper alternative, it can't be beat. I am not sure this scent is for me but its a nice scent. My mom loves it.
I used to hate orange blossom but in this scent its really well done

MacBabyGirl
MacBabyGirl

My husband decided to go out on a limb and buy me a bottle of this for Christmas last year. He's not usually the type to buy something so personal without taking me with him and I could tell when I unwrapped it he was very nervous about my reaction. I wasn't wearing any perfume that morning so I indulged him and sprayed a little on. He didn't say anything just smiled and as the day went on and we had a house full of family, he would come over now and them touch my back or kiss my cheek. I received a number of compliments and was quite pleased, it was usually after giving a hug to someone that they would say how nice my perfume was. At the end of the evening and everyone had gone home, my honey turned to me, gathered me in his arms and said, "Your beautiful and your perfume is driving me crazy!"....enough said, onto bottle number 2!!

nanita99
nanita99

let my tell you, I really can't separete between this and Avon Rare Pearls, is the very same smell in two bottles. But is a Great perfume, I love it.

miangmiang
miangmiang

I got a mini bottle of this along with other dior addict and J'adore. The bottle looks so charming and so ...mysterious, when I dabbed it on my wrist I immediately smell lots of floral scents (which I can't really tell them apart) and slightly sandal wood scent that was combined together in a really glamorous way. It's sillage impresses me! Like I said, I dabbed it on my wrist but I feel like my whole room was sprayed by it! The longevity is incredible too! It stayed on me for a whole day!!
But I'm not gonna purchase the full size of this though. I feel like it's too old for me, I'd recommend it to my 30 years old sister maybe.

nellychick31
nellychick31

I am absolutely in love with Dior's Pure Poison! The perfume starts out a little sweet, with various citrus notes. The scent then fades into a wonderful white floral, the perfect combination of gardenia, jasmine and orange blossom. I love wearing this scent in the winter time as I feel it could be too much for the warmer months. Once my sample runs out I will definitely be running to purchase a full size of this one.

mishkacuneva
mishkacuneva

for one thing everyone agrees - it lasts forever :)very intriguing, very female, a little too heavy for the day, for me. i tried to wear it in the office and my colleagues told me i put too much (which i didn't!)probably the chemistry between my skin and Pure poison is not that good, but it's not me when i am with this fragrance, although i give my respect to Dior!

lesecretforme
lesecretforme

this is the most gorgeous fragrance, its my number 1!
it will not be for everyone because no perfume is ever loved by all.

its white flowers and musk its amazing. it is a very potent fragrance. a little goes a long way here. It lasts and lasts and projection is phenomenal!

I sprayed this on at 5 am before heading to work and my neighbor at 7pm told me I smelled absolutely amazing. that is what I have been searching for and love to hear in a fragrance.

use slight hands when applying. no need to overspray and waste the amazing juice in this artistically gorgeous falcon!

melll9302
melll9302

I've received this fragrannce as a present for my birthday, 3 years ago ,in a 30 ml bottle format and a still have more than two thirds of it left !

I really wanted to like it since it was offered to me from a very beloved friend from the past(sadly ,we didn't manage to keep in touch...) but at least the bottle ,standing on my shelf reminds me of her... Plus it's a "Dior",the bottle is so gorgeous and the name adds such a sexyness to the whole concept of edginess and luxury,but still... No.

Maybe the smell of white flowers is just not for me,maybe it's the way it reacts with my skin. I see that most of the reviewers recommend the frag to wear at night , I can see where that comes from. This perfume has something very sharp to it.It has an almost medicinal quality,coming from the the whole "clean " thing but leaning more towards a synthetic part of the story. It's a perfume that just screams and hits you in the face,leaves quite an impression ,true, yet stays flat. "Pure Poison" can't be defined as a skin fragrance ,it's too loud ,so please - using more than one vaporisation is just not a good idea.

This is not everyone's cup of tea.I recommend to try it first and see how it reacts with your skin chemistry .In fact ,once I asked a girl from school what was the lovely perfume she was wearing,and for my big surprise it was PP! So really ,try it first.

Sorry ,PP ,I tried hard,but we were just not made for each other );

stormyla
stormyla

To me this smells of a very cheap screeching synthetic gardenia smell most often found in commercial bathroom air fresheners. Add to that the musty smell of a long unused cabin in the woods.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Poison is deadly?
This Poison is heavenly!
I love it!
This is the most gorgeous, the most lush white floral bouquet I have ever smelled!
It's sweet, sensual & intoxicating.
Longevity is great!
♥♥♥♥♥

Centsless
Centsless

Hard to describe but it makes you feel like a woman. The white florals combine in such a way that is sexy and mature yet not old lady-ish at all. I like it enough to have purchased 2 bottles but I think I'm going to try JDP's in white next time.

irrrini
irrrini

if you are brunette with oily skin, it gives you a sense of cleanliness. But if you have normal to dry skin, its the perfect parfum for a night out wearing your little black dress. It reminds me of old hollywood glamour, or a night in the milongas in Argentina

Stratos12
Stratos12

This is absolutely my FAVORITE fragrance out of my small collection - my precious jewelry! If I say I love it, it wouldn't be enough! Sooo clean, pure, femmine and gentle! its very long lasting fragrance and the sillage is moderate to heavy :) I ADORE IT!

Definitely recommended!

csm
csm

I tried it today. The dry down is absolutely masculine.

marily
marily

So fresh,musky and clean scent!!!! I snif a lot the white flowers. very unique and elegant perfume!!!! Highly recommended

chain
chain

I got the new formulation ,well lets just say l was disappointed..If you have used the old reformulation don't repurchase the new one ,believing that it smells like the old one, you will surly be disappointed and it does smell like Avon Rear pearls...I had to give it to my Mum ,she does adore it...What is wrong with Dior ,the newly reformulated Dior Hypnotic Poison is nothing to compare with the old one in terms of silage.

Anatares

@Radchick, there is white musk in the base indeed, also if not mentioned here.
I find this scent perfectly balanced, extremely elegant.

An almost perfect floral. This is mainly jasmine with supporting notes of sweet crisp florals, all blended into one very pleasing scent. This makes me feel happy and awake, and ready to conquer the world. This is extremely feminine. Strong and beautiful. Although musk is not listed here, I can clearly smell it. The drydown is very musky on me actually. I had to check with Dior and, sure enough, the site does list white musk in the base. Although I do like musk, I'm not the biggest fan of the type I detect in Dior fragrances. I still love this, but I'd love it even more if the musk was toned down just a bit. This scent would then go from being almost perfect, to perfect.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I love LOUD perfume, and I love some of the other poisens, I love the notes listed.. But--

Okay everyones is going to hate me but I tried at an Ultas near me and this smelled just like the time a cat sprayed the heating vents in my car..

Maybe it's just because of our 100 degree days here

vic.tobias

Thank you so much :) I'm realy looking for the 'old version' now!

Calvini
Calvini

Seems like quite a few thought it smells like Intimately Beckham... I personally think this one is not nearly as fresh & floral, was a bit sweet & nutty to me

catcat42
catcat42

this thing smells like newly washed wet sheets on me. terrible indeed. Too very much sopay and detergentlike.

Anatares

@vic.tobias, the old bottle has the white cap, the new one is dark, purple (as you can see in the pics at the bottom of the page).
I love this perfume, delicate, elegant floral. The older version was gorgeous: stronger and very longlasting, the new one is lighter but still similar. I also have Intimately Beckham but it's not similar IMO, too light and does not last.

vic.tobias

Hi guys! could somebody help me? which bottle is the old version? before the reformulation?

bluemel
bluemel

smells exactly like db intimately.the only difference is pure posion longevity and price of course

KSGarner
KSGarner

I bought this becuase it had great reviews (and I think of Dior as quality perfume). I never smell any jasmine or vanilla, or anything sweet or floral at all. Also no woodsy smell (which I love) - to me it smells loud, sharp, and cheap. Kind of like hairspray. I wonder if I missed out (I never smelled the original Pure Poison). Maybe I have the re-reformulated version...

EmilioRashitov
EmilioRashitov

Smells like high-end laundry detergent.

Amazing fragrance. Love it.

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

For the older version: Energizing, modern balance of a wide sampling of citrus, classic woods, and huge white floral radiating energy and a virginal-bridal impression. But it's such a strong and loud statement that shades of brashness peek through the purity. Feels like pristine white silk devore over-the-elbow gloves except somehow casual enough for daytime. Remarkably the citrus lasts for hours (orange blossom pins down the usually transient notes). To me gardenia and amber are the stars, but the white floral trifecta is a lovely, old-fashioned garland of ripe, bold femininity. Pleasing and unique for a relatively recent and very commercial perfume. A cheaper, more synthetic but still satisfying alternative to Carnal Flower.

Oh wait, but the dry down. It's quite linear, losing most interest. This is also easily over-applied: very strong. Overall a solid above-average.

frag-overdose
frag-overdose

How can a Poison be so Pure?
Speaking of Pure, therefore it is assumed
to be the most powerful, extremely potent,
and everything in between.

Yes, Pure Poison really is a potent mix
of white flowers and musk, making it
so seductive and somewhat carnal.

Unlike its elder sister, Poison,
whereby seduction is made as
weapon to seduce and intentional,
Pure Poison on the other hand is
simply seduction as it IS.
Its enticement is pure, therefore
making this, one of the best
alluring scents ever made.
____

The reformulation is still worth buying.
The scent hasn't changed much, but I agree with
many saying that it's quite soapy, also smells
like common hairspray scent.
Both vintage and current version have
exceptional lasting power and silage is great.

Ariesboy
Ariesboy

Smells like a warm summers night in the Hamptons...

Night blooming jasmine thick in the air.
Very nice.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

The tester I smelled had white cap . The bottle I got has purple pinkish cap . Needless to say I have the newest reformulation . It's a beautiful orange blossom with citrus and vanilla hints , very clean and summery . Definitely wearable , I love it but surely wasn't worth the price of $122 + tax . Will I enjoy it ? Yes , it's lovely and smells very natural . It's a daytime little beauty with relatively poor silage and lasting power though , cannot compare to the old formula . Why is Dior doing this I cannot understand . Still I like it, not everything has to be a power house to be beautiful . It's elegant and refreshing , my only complaint being the concentration. And yes , the old iridescent bottle was way more beautiful than this new one . I will wear it in summer , as it is inoffensive and lovely ,for as long as it lasts .

punkinfaye
punkinfaye

After a ghastly experience with Hypnotic Poison,sprayed this to see how it compared.

What a nice burst of freshness and femininity! Jasmine and Gardenia always take me back to Hawaii and fond memories.

Now I don't wear florals as they tend not to suit me,but this was a Poison I could actually see me or my mother wearing (she has hated the original Poison and its flankers since inception).

Don't think either of us will buy it,but it is very nice and I would enjoy smelling it on others (unlike HP).

madgefan
madgefan

The most natural and realistic smelling jasmine scent that I've smelt so far. While there are other jasmine scents out there that smell nice, they're all too sweet and/or synthetic smelling. Pure Poison has the perfect blend of realism and warmth.

Germany

What makes this scent so special in my opinion is that it has amber in the base which gives it warmth and depth . I love amber and its what makes most perfumes special and give them character I never noticed this before but all my favorites at least My absolute favourites of all time have either amber or vanilla in the base. It's gorgeous.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

I tried this fragrance along side Poison and Hyptnotic Poison to see how they all smell. Several people mentioned that this smells very similar to Rare Pearls by Avon, and I really love the notes in that - but was looking for something that had a bit more potency and lasted longer on my skin.

I tried a splash of this on the same arm with Poison - and the first hours of wear, Poison was so dominant that I could not detect how Pure Poison was really setting up on my skin. The notes were so much softer that it was very difficult to really detect the opening notes of this fragrance compared to the potency of Poison.

However, the truth is in the pudding at the final dry down phase-- about 10 -12 hours on the skin. The dry down is absolutely GORGEOUS with a slight hint of the Poison essence grounding the chord - and NOW... I can finally smell the reference to Avon's Rare Pearls. There is a very subtle trace of this light, innocent cookies and cream type Poison essence that is still subtly dancing and interplaying on the skin, even as much as 10-12 hours after spritzing.

Ok, if this is what THIS perfume smells like, this is definitely worth trying again, and isolating the scent to its own arm - so as not to confuse the nose and follow the fragrance through all of the many layers reaching this heavenly dry down.

---------------

Isolating the scent more a 2nd trial sample:
This is extremely soft on my skin. I can barely tell that I even have fragrance on. The silage is very close to the skin and this wears in a way that it would only be detected from a closer range - where someone is standing really close to you - or you are hugging someone. I prefer a fragrance with more of a radius and presence, but this would be perfect for those days when you are in a crowded area.

If you like this fragrance, I suggest trying My Insolence. They wear in a similar fashion. Both are very light and unimposing and would be good to wear in a more crowded situation.

Nefelisparkles
Nefelisparkles

Well, Pure Poison is an old favourite. The bottle I own now is the first one I have ever owned, but I had bought Intimately by the Beckhams. I have to say they are very very similar..
Pure Poison has a little more of a citric opening and I get whiffs of a green gardenia now and then that makes it a little different.
All in all, they both have that powdery finish that I love, white flowers (jasmine mainly) and orange blossom at their best, great sillage, great longevity, suited for every season really. Love love love and recommend this.
Oh, and this is one of the perfumes that can be worn all day through! From am to pm and can be played up or down, dressy or casual!
It's calming and clean too!

Anup
Anup

Pure poison.
A fluffy jasmine dream.
Clean linens and a bright sunny day, an embrace from a lover in spring.
An assertive floral fragrance with a jealous bite and a musk haze.
Not much to say on this one as it is not complex by any means.
However all discrimination aside, i believe that it DOES make a wonderful poison flanker due to it's monster sillage and a vibrating gritty/smooth nature.

HebaD'Opium
HebaD'Opium

Pure poison is flirty, chic and gorgeous!!!
It open with a lot of the citruses on my skin and a perfectly balanced elegant jasmine with a hint of sandalwood. This lasts for about 10 mins. I can't really describe how this feels, it's like you're in a garden with trees that bear fruit while it's sunny with clear skies, it's kinda hot but the freshness of the citruses make you feel cooler and the whiff of jasmine makes you feel relaxed......and i'm still describing the top notes lol.
When it settles down the citrus scent is still there but the floral notes are much more dominant now, it's clean fresh and kinda soapy but in a good way. Very refreshing and oddly comforting.
After about 3 hours it turns into a slightly sweet (i'm guessing it's because of the amber note), woody, citrus notes with a hint of either jasmine or gardenia or it's maybe both!!
This is how the perfume develops on my skin.

The sillage is amazing, it fills the room and people could definitely smell you, they turn back when you walk by. It stays on for 6 hours+ and honestly i love it so much and i can't help but reapply after a couple of hours....okeih after just one. i just LOVE the opening notes so much that i want to be able to smell it all the time!!!

It's a day and night perfume, maybe more day than night imo but it depends on your mood and your attitude of course plus the way you are dressed. Perfect for spring and summer but could easily be an all season perfume (and this is applicable to all the other poisons imo).
As i mentioned it's flirty, chic, fresh and just lovely, when i wear it i feel liberated for some reason hahaha.

Germany

Love it. Smells like tissues. Fresh sheets. Summertime! I love the deep purple cap it has now. Use to be white. I also like the other Poisons! I really like the new hypnotic poison. The sensuelle and the secrete as well. The classic one is great for going out. It's loud. This white gem is clean and innocent. Like it a lot.

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

I bought the new version of this perfume with the purple lid and I am disappointed. The new formula is watery and transparent compared to the old one. Pure Poison was a beautiful radiant gardenia with good tenacity. Now, it doesn't last as long and the silage is barely there.

tigsi
tigsi

Pure poison is... nice. I adore the original Poison and HP. This is too white floral-y for me. I like jasmine very much, but this is way to much white flowers for me to handle. It smells like clean satin sheets, I should like it, considering my love for Chloe, which has the same clean sheets feel to it, but for some reason Pure Poison did not win me over. It is nice, but not for me for sure.

RedLady
RedLady

If Poison is the Wicked Witch of the West, Pure Poison is the Good Witch of the North.
It is still intoxicating and beautiful, its just not as intent on destroying all men in its path. More suggestive and less demanding.
I love the refreshing citrus bursts at the opening and the gradual emergence of the jasmine. Its not a harsh overbearing jasmine either. It’s very welcoming and soft.
As usual, the longevity and sillage is second to none, Dior rarely get that wrong.
A magical fragrance, I can totally picture Galadriel from Lord of the Rings wearing this.

Peachply

I tested this at Sephora and was disappointed, had a different expectation it left me underwhelmed...just so so...it is vaguely reminiscent of the divine Poison only slightly though. This felt too sheer and clear for what I was expecting I wanted power! I guess I wanted more Poison.

tourmali45
tourmali45

Using just two words, for me Pure Poison was 'like-meh-like like':) The drydown is the most likable stage - smelled clean and a tad soapy and innocent. Soft, close to the skin scent. I wouldn't buy it myself, but if it would be a present, I would wear it to crowded places on rainy days.

Kiera79
Kiera79

I must say I agree with the review below. This is just meh. Kind of perfumy and faded quickly.

UPDATE: I tried this again today and I'm liking this a lot better the second time. It has almost no silage on me, but it's been a few hours and I can still smell it if I put my arm under my nose. It's a pretty and pleasant floral. Still don't know if I would buy this, but I like it. If I run across a good deal i might pick it up.

redliz

Meh. Nothing to write home about.

LiLoLiLo
LiLoLiLo

seductive and sensual
It has the most wonderful and the richest jasmine smell,which catches lots of attention.

ADCout
ADCout

Pure Poison by Dior is an intoxicatingly beautiful white floral.

It opens up bold, yet crystalline, with the jasmine being counterbalanced with some citric whiffs.

It develops wonderfully on skin, becoming woodier and more ambery.

Jasmine and gardenia are definitely the main players in this tricky game. Orange blossom also does its job, and, as said, the woody and ambery aspects come at the end. The citrus are there definitely at the first blast, but then disappear.

This one may seem heavy on white flowers: and it is, indeed, however, it gives me the feeling of lightness, reminding me of a beautiful garden under the snow. It is as pure as dangerous.

Very appropriated for weddings, in my opinion, since it is extremely long-lasting, and it's always there, never being too loud, though.

It is a "must-try" for lovers of white flowers, very appropriated for Winter and Fall, but it can also be used on Spring.

The bottle is absolutely astonishing.

I also reccomend you to try the Elixir version, which adds to this one creamy and powdery cocoa.

And, as a man, I wouldn't mind wearing this one.

Very beautiful.

umtaleb
umtaleb

This is definitely the safest of the Poisons.

You can wear this daily to the office, running errands, etc. It is still a confident scent, but as others have mentioned; not sultry, nor glamorous. It could be sexy, assuming sexy is soapy, citrus clean scent.

cristinaca

I meant I have the narciso rodriguez and I want the pure poison.

cristinaca

Does anyone want to exchange a bottle of pure poison for a narciso rodriguez for her edt? I have a full bottle but I find it a bit heavy for me. If interested, contact me please.

freddinos
freddinos

My least favorite of the Poisons, it has a clean-soapy-almost sterile feel, nothing like the warm and intoxicating Pure and original siblings. I can feel too much of the white florals supported by a strong cedar note. It's safe to use in an office-public environment when you do not want to provoke feelings and emotions, think of it as appropriate whenever the other poisons are just too sexy and alluring!

goingblonde
goingblonde

Such a soft and refined white floral .

I never knew Jasmine to be so delicate and light .
Something about this is sort of relaxing and intoxicating .

In general I prefer a Jasmine that says hello-here I am ! To me this Jasmine is a bit shy, and I find that is nice too :)
being so curious about this one for so long seeing its popularity , I had to try it and even though it isnt for me- I can now understand why it is such a favorite .

redliz

I smells great but nothing compared to other Dior Poisons. I like it and will wear it this spring and summer.

beatrix75
beatrix75

its superbe its magnifiique its dior!!!!!!!!

selinu
selinu

Well i sprayed it to a strip. All I can smell was the strip sooo...

Sofy888
Sofy888

This fragrance is created for female lioness, who knows what she wants and knows that all her wishes will implicitly execute. This special is better not to cross the road: in the course will be put claws, teeth and the entire deadly arsenal. Pure Poison by Dior - it is frosty and the smell of citrus skin that beautiful than any, even the best dress.

Mennza
Mennza

My fiance loves it , he always ask me about it :)

I should love Poison. I was so determined to love Poison that after testing it several times at Bloomingdales to no avail, I bought it and tried testing it out at home. I was convinced their tester was off or odors within the store were interfering with my perception of Poison.
Unfortunately, no. At first I get a blast of indolic white florals and I am so pleased. Then it settles into something bitter and soapy. I have no idea why this is.
I felt like a jackass returning it after having been all up in the perfume counter's grill testing and re-testing so I ended up gifting it to a friend's girlfriend that had a birthday that weekend. I hope she appreciated it.

Huda1234
Huda1234

I bought this perfume in Dec 2004, I was just 20 years old and oh my God how much I loved the smell. the bottle was heavy and pearly too. The reformulated version is too light and lemony, I don't think I will buy it. Why did they change the formula?

gulsen
gulsen

you will be mine one day....that good

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

This is so gorgeous and beautiful. To me, it smells like fresh laundry drying on the clothes-line outside, on a warm summer afternoon.

It takes me back to my childhood, with fresh linens folded by my grandmother, with the daffodils in bloom outside.

When I spray this on me, I feel like I'm being hugged. The notes are assembled in a GENIUS fashion. The three white flowers combine to make a fresh, lush, fragrant harmony that makes me so happy.

aschiffm
aschiffm

i cant really remember the original formulation of this (or if i even tried it), but this one didnt do it for me. and im usually A BIG lover of anything white floral.. this just did not seem noteworthy or unique to me. I was disappointed also because i love Olivier Polge's other fragrances (Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir & Balenciaga L'essence are two of my ABSOLUTE favorites). So, with my love of the perfumer and of white florals, Pure Poison sounded too good to be true.

too bad this fragrance is wayy too potent, sharp and smells like synthetic jasmine. sorry guys...i know there are a lot of fans out there. smells to me like a young girl trying too hard to be sophisticated and wearing too much perfume. By contrast, his fragrance Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir is sooo much more full, animalic, beautiful and enchantingly sensual. I guess to each their own though..

Aysu
Aysu

I recently found a bottle before reformulation and bought it in a second!
Now I have both versions and here are the difference that I found..
First formulation is more soapy/clean and sharper on the neroli/jasmin side.
Today's formulation is more creamy, gardenia is stronger, scent is rounded and has vanilla like accord.
When it comes to staying power, the bottle before reformulation, well, I washed my hands four times and scent is still there while you can hardly smell the new one after two hours. I like the scent of new formula more, but I wish the staying power would be as strong as the old one.

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

A lovely and enchanting perfume, gorgeous bottle and fragrance. This is not wholesome to me, rather it holds far more mystery and complexity than innocence. Lovely and longlasting soap and florals, on a base of something entrancing. Give me more.....

mystica
mystica

Unreformulated version smells like heaven to me. I have a bottle circa 2006, despite the top notes (the burst on the first spritz) has gone a bit sour, the heart and base are pretty much intact.
Orange blossom (Neroli) and jasmine could be this good together on a soothing ambery base.

FranFran
FranFran

I've been looking for a jasmine fragrance recently and thought I should try this and so today, I did. I must say, the bottle is SO cute! Its georgeous in person! Its like a pearl with a nozzle plus the testers were 30 ml! I have to admit when I saw hypnotic poison I was going to spray that instead of pure poison but it was finish so I went ahead with my original choice. At first sniff, I was very surprised. This perfume to me is kinda like the song "hung up" by Madonna. Whenever someone here's it they all have that "AHA!" Moment, not a soul alive doesn't know it. I knew for a fact that I knew this smell from somewhere. Anyways on the smell, it smells exactly like the bottle- Shiny! I noticed when jasmine is prominent in a fragrance people are all "ew, grape kool aid" but with this, it doesn't smell grape-ish at all. It smells very expensive and nicely done, and I see myself wearing it in summer. While it may be linear like many people say, I take that as a plus. I don't want it to be like M by Mariah carey smelling good then going through this crappy metamorphisis and emerging as wet dead woods. This isn't a teenage fragrance at all, but I still love it, in fact when my bottle of "Truth or Dare" runs out I'll invest in this instead. 10/10 for me! (P.S, the gardenia isn't THAT noticeable, its more jasmine and orange blossom. Enjoy!)

janetmb44
janetmb44

Love Pure Poison the original (white top and translucent bottle) beautiful scent for all day ..... not too strong but lasting. The new revamped version ( purple top and cheaper looking bottle) have to say is much weaker and doesn't hold itself the same. I feel like I have to spray twice as much for the same fragrance. still love the aroma, just wish it would last longer.

JennyNoelle0203
JennyNoelle0203

Pure Poison is the first perfume to ever wow me enough to be almost obsessed with it. To me the scent is impossible to describe, but to me it's ethereal. Because of the price I haven't been able to buy a bottle in years, but it will always be at the top of my list.

blue_belle
blue_belle

It's too bad there isn't a "neutral" option on Fragrantica! This was alright on me but way too strong for me to even consider buying it.

Lovely bottle and nice floral smell, though! Definitely an assertive, feminine scent. It manages not to feel as overwhelming as other "big" perfumes do.

red347

I wanted to give a followup to my last review on Dior Pure Poison.

Pure Poison, to me, is one of the best perfumes of all times, a white floral, jasmine, and gardenia lovers dream! She starts out so nice and polite, light airy and soft, just floating around you, what an innocent floral! Then after you have her all figured out she starts to show you her poisonous side. That light airy soft side disappears as she turns to her deeper, sexy, sultry, sensuous base!

She lasts for hours, no headaches, and my wife loves wearing my coat because the fragrance lingers, ever so lightly, on it forever!

Don't get me wrong people, this is a feminine fragrance; however, on my skin the opening and base seems to fit me. I have gotten complements from women, and the wife likes it so... I guess I'll keep wearing it?!?!

I only spray a small amount and it lasts forever with a soft projection. If you were to apply as any other fragrance I could see huge projection and lasting for days!

Am I a fan? Oh yeah!

Update: if you like this fragrance, look for the body lotion and shower gel. It doesn't smell exactly like the perfume, but complements it perfectly! Both products moisturize great and leave your skin feeling soft and lightly scented.

hadassa

I have to confess that I am slightly disappointed with the new formula of Pure Poison. The original one was heaven, I have written raving reviews on it.

The new PP is also good. However, it does not work on me in the wintertime (the previous one worked always). I detect some too fresh, almost ozonic note I have never felt in the old PP. I don't find this new note to beautify the whole composition. I don't like this way to describe a perfume, but in winter the reformulated PP smells almost cheap.

Let's be honest, the new PP is simpler. The original pearly one used to be my 'oh I smell sooo good, I can't get over it' kind of fragrance. The purple capped bottle is just a good white flowers/citrus/musk combo for summer.

This is sad.

Baileys
Baileys

To me it smells like clean blankets in spring/summer. Is like clean/fresh water and sun. Makes me feel good, happy but not in a energic way... Is like clean and calm happiness. Love it. Is not too fresh, not too flowerly and not too sweet. Just like sun at the afternoon, like a clean place. Really love it!

Anna in Sweden
Anna in Sweden

This one only went soapy on My skin, in a bad way.
I agree it reminds you of chemicals like something you clean your house with.
I am sure it smells good on others, but it doesnt work on me.

curvealert
curvealert

I love jasmine scents and I have tried to like this one, but in the dry down all I get on my skin is the sharp, soapy smell of fabric conditioner. At the beginning, the scent reminded me briefly of Omnia Crystalline, which I enjoy. It smelled synthetic but clean, almost ozonic at first. Then it turned on me.

When a scent makes you wonder on the way home if you've run out of Lenor, you know it's time to move on.

sygrid29
sygrid29

A more mature version of gucci envy. i like it but i don't love it.. i still prefer hypnotic poison and poison since both have more attitude.. i mean the two are more of galliano and pure poison is very raf simons.

Beatrixel
Beatrixel

I love this. I think I have a penchant for white florals or for jasmine based fragrances, because I chose it due to its familiarity on my skin. my 1st dior from the long poison saga. I oscillated between hypnotic poison, the original poison and this one. poison is devilment, witchcraft and madness. I will probably want it someday. hypnotic poison is a favorite among young ladies but it didn't evoke much novelty to my nose. it reminded me of my 2 bottles of _yet_ unfinished hypnose by lancome. pure poison is like a demure, candid little miss, opalescent but hiding a great deal of experience (I can't say what kind, because I still didn't figure that one out!). It is playful ( the citruses), magical (woodsy notes) yet confident (jasmine,gardenia). I think that Pure Poison is a start for those who want to delve deeper into the poison genre from Dior. To me it was an excellent choice. It's not heavy, it doesn't give me headaches and it's easily noticed as being different. maybe not everyone buys it but that's even better. I thought that it smelled familiar, because many fragrances try to emulate it but at the same time it called for me, it felt familiar, beckoning.
it was a good choice for a daytime perfume in winter.
it is also very long lasting and develops nicely.
also, my clothes smell great after I've worn it. it clings nicely to them. very, very persistent!
---it's glamorous yet VIOLENT!

mellie
mellie

It´s a very fresh and clean jazmin and violet scent. Very happy/sexy simple and glamourous. A must in your collection. And safe for a blind buy. Very appealing. It´s one my favourites, and the bottle is gorgeous too! I recommended it!!!

Guramrit
Guramrit

I absolutely love it. I prefer this to the original poison as it is somewhat softer as a smell.

how i can describe the perfume i was wearing my wedding day?
pure poison is really a pure perfume...
white flowers and especially jasmine is dominant.i don't get the citric notes as others have mentioned, but i detect orange blosson.
the dry-down smells so divine.sexy but fresh also.
a real plus is the longevity and the gorgeous bottle.

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

A fragrance I recommend for white flower lovers. If you don't like prominent jasmine and gardenia then I think you should skip this one. This is the day time scent from the Poison Collection. I don't really smell the citric notes.

Vivette
Vivette

This scents reminds me a lot of suntan lotion, but I mean it in a nice way. So whenever I smell it I think of summer days by the beach with my mum when I was a kid. I also detect a very strong note of frangipani flowers, though it is not included in the description.

Ouch!
Ouch!

This is a gorgeous bridal floral boquet with jasmine at the forefront. It has a light airy, fresh yet soft feeling.

I've always said this smells like soft scented tissue. I also agree with the comparisons to Beckham's "Intimitaley Beckham" they share a striking similarity except this is more complex and lasts much much longer.

It's a complex floral that manages to stay delicate from wet to dry and I don't really notice much of a change through the various stages.

I find it a bit tough to describe really...hmmm

lassie172
lassie172

Simply love it :) it's powdery, white floral and stays for hours.

dinh.ng.quynh
dinh.ng.quynh

I liked this fragrance at first, but after a while it started to smell like Victoria Secret Breathless to me. Therefore I went for the original Poison instead since nothing quite smells like it.

Snowfairy
Snowfairy

They don't mentin that this is mostly vanilla.It is a sensual and heavy fragrance that lasts a very long time.Men love this one !

harini_20
harini_20

This is one of my fav fragrances:) Now I'm on my second bottle!!! I love the dry down more!!! It's a versatile fragrance and fits in to any kind of occasion it jus depends on the way u carry yourself!!! Very woman!!! Elegant with full of grace!!! Love it:))

desertrat
desertrat

LOVE it! At first spritz... I swear it was Sweet Pea straight from my Grandmother's garden... Sweet Pea and orange flower water... It develops then into floral and vanilla with a restrained gardenia... Love it's strength... Very feminine... So far I'm loving it.

Perfumepaparazzi
Perfumepaparazzi

This is the nicest out of the poison franchise. A lot of people don't like it. But I love it. Its rich, jasminey, heavy, alluring and very long lasting. All you in is need is one spray.

irenesa
irenesa

This is a sexy white flower explotion.. Not wait, is a sexual flower explotion.. very mistique and sensuall and girly. I agree with another reviwer its not really me, im more into gourmands and sweet but thiiis is amazing!!

rdharmapuri
rdharmapuri

White floral and jasmine in particular - treat for floral lovers. This is one of the very few fragrances I can smell almost all the listed notes on. It spills sophestication all over :). Great character - check, intoxicating captivating scent - check, sillage - check, longevity - check. What's not to like? Price tag - oops! :)

Sangers
Sangers

Lovely, non-generic white floral. It's not very 'me', but I love the smell of it. Simple, clean, very feminine :)

ColubineCola
ColubineCola

How lovely <3
Jasmine, White amber. Something else piques my interest. A sweet, warm note that I can't quite put my finger on.

Leah87
Leah87

This is my signature scent. I always get compliments on it. I have been through 5 bottles so far. Its amazing and i would describe it at sexy, musky & mature. LOVE

ljubinja
ljubinja

Very soapy. I prefer close to natural smell of the flowers,or at least powdery. But chemically or so soapy like this one smell like it is not the high level of perfumery.

Turcker
Turcker

I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't understand the appeal of this one. To me it smells similar to the old 80's Alfred Sung. Old lady-ish.

Haakonsmom
Haakonsmom

When I first sprayed this it smelled a little like hairspray. As the notes opened up, the white flowers appeared. Once it settled into my skin, I still smelled the white flowers but it turned soapy on me. I really wanted this to work with my chemistry but its not going to cooperate.

prudenceliquorice
prudenceliquorice

Yet another Poison which is gorgeous on my friends but disappears in seconds on me. Poor me :(

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

The current formulation is more to a green citrus fragrance than white floral.
Still I find the smell of the new formulation is sexy, and seductive! However I miss the old reflective bottle as compared to the latest one.

mluckyg
mluckyg

Top notes are quite refreshing, than followed by a blend of jasmine and gardenia.
Overall this is big white floral fragrance.

Smell like a laundry powder I had used before. However, I think I could wear this fragrance once a week. Not too bad.

vw
vw

Actually pure & unalloyed & limpid poison!
It will harm your brain at the first aspiration!!!!!!!!!!
It will kill you.
But............................
But you can't Abandon it!
No womanish fragrance can be better than Pure Poison!

mmpopsicle
mmpopsicle

It's a very very strong scent but one that has surprising amounts of sweet vanilla undertones. It fits the name perfectly and is good for a moody day. At first it can be quite overpowering but I find that once it has settled down it is a really nice smell.

Lushylori
Lushylori

MMMMMMMMMMM I love this..Not generic like many perfumes.
Love the name,Love the scent and I adore Dior :)
I think this is my favorite from the Poison line. It seems the more i wear it the more addicted to it i become.
It is a very well done blend and not as heady as the original Poison.
I want to collect them all because there isn't one Poison that i don't like ,but I'd say my least favorite one would be Poison the original , although I prefer the color of the original Poisons bottle much more.
I feel That Pure poison is a grown up scent but it still maintains a soft innocence also.
Would work for a young lady that wanted to feel classy or that was trangressing into woman hood.....It would work well with with women of all ages but I think the most appropriate age would be middle twenties to middle forties.
Try it!! you'll like it :)

niecwiecio
niecwiecio

It smells bitter for me.. I don't like it. I tried it on a paper strap in the perfumery.

shelley2633

This is absolutely beautiful........love it dearly. Top notes refreshing with jazmine, the beautiful gardenia lingering and that hint of amber makes it sophisticated. Just right. Not overpowering however strong and lasting. One of my favourites.

ElleNell
ElleNell

The name would suggest a heavy, dark, musty scent (poisen) but it is feminine and fresh and very individual. A very underrated fragrance. A friend of mine wears this and she is stylish, confident, takes pride in her appearance is sassy and feminine. This is what this scent reminds me off.

whiten

ok so some people may know I have some perfumes as the originals derivations, smell-alikes whatnot (I explained it in my profile), so my review here may not count much but, the one I am using smells very much like the original pure poison (to me, mine smells louder, more silage, more staying power, less money, so it is a win for me even though the white bottle is pretty:))... so anyway everyone smells something different of it on me, and it is probably my only scent that got me compliments (I don't label it as my signature because again mine is not original)... but compliments range from my dad calling it "smells like peaches" my friends calling "some sweets are cooking/baking, yummy" my 13 y.o. cousin calling it "not one of your sour/bitter scents" and me feeling like it smells of orange blossom-musk combo with a jasmine-gardenia-citrus pops here and there... and maybe a touch of honey, I smell honey on this somehow.... it doesn't change much on me going through top-heart-base notes, but smells more like a combination of all the notes listed here... so I just had a lot to write about it, still hoping to find a good deal for the pretty bottle, but till then I'll save on my "version" :)

red347

This is a strange one... I spray, well half spray, Pure Poison this morning and I could smell the top notes for about 30 minutes, then nothing. I thought where did you go??? Well, she returned, about two hours later with a nice clean floral! Maybe my skin, maybe my nose. So far this is a nice clean light floral and I will add more later as I figure this one out. I must say that this is a very nice bottle!

lilac
lilac

I had this one two years ago.. The sales lady proposed it to me because I was asking for a fragrance to replace my Moschino L'eau de cheapp and chic. At the first spray I loved it. Clean, expensive refined smell. But as it dried down...oh my goodness. I couldn't scrub it fast enough. It smelled like bug spray on me, nauseous, hard and cold.. I can not describe how bad I smelled. I really , badly wanted to like it.. :-(

IamWoman
IamWoman

Pure Poison is the only parfum from the Dior Poison line that I can wear, and I love it. I found the original Poison too loud, overbearing and headache-inducing. Midnight Poison was too medicinal. But, this Poison is outstanding...balanced citrus and sweet white florals, with calming woody undertones. The blend is light, creamy and refined; it is almost ethereal. This is not an in-your-face type of fragrance. It is alluring and seductive, but in a very understated, almost minimalist way. I sprayed this hours ago, and I keep getting a breeze of gentle yet distinct notes wafting around me. They are not battling each other to dominate, but instead, are swirling together like autumn leaves on a windy day. This fragrance is feminine, elegant and light; but it's also complex and difficult to describe. It's pure, but it's sexy. It's simple yet sophisticated. It's quiet, but distinct and noticeable. Maybe all of this is part of the magic of this masterpiece. Maybe all of this is what marks this lovely bottle, "Poison".

branda324
branda324

The top notes make it smell like a laundry at first, truly. Very fresh and a little bit soapy. I tried it several times in the department store but never liked it, until I saw a big deal on ebay and bought it just to build up my collection. I fell in love with it when I sprayed it on my own skin instead of the perfume strips and finally found the amazing beauty of it's middle notes and base notes.
The temperature here is now getting cooler in the evening so I enjoy going out for a walk after dinner. Last time I was depressed by school things that I wanted a calming and quite perfume so I chose Pure Poison. When I was walking down the road the cool wind blew over me, bringing me the smell of PP on my wrist. It was not that cold kind of smell anymore. It was still fresh but it became much smoother and gentler to comfort me. It reminded me of the old time when I was a little girl. It was the smell of clothes cleaned by my grandma and the smell of wild flowers blooming at night in the countryside. I was never into floral scents but this one definitely changed my mind. Now I can always feel cheered up when wearing this perfume.
A big big big love.
In my opinion this can be worn all year round. It's clean enough for the spring and summer time but also has the woody and amber undertones that fit perfectly for fall and winter.
I'm an 18-year-old high school student and I never wear this to school. I don't think most teenagers would love this. If you are still in high school or at your early twenties, try it before blind buy and keep it in mind that this is not wearable enough for young ladies' everyday scent.
I know my grammar is terrible but you can understand me.

BTW: I always tend to love the older version better than the newer ones.

gazelle
gazelle

I own Poison, Hypnotic Poison, and now Pure Poison. This is the best gardenia and jasmin blend I've smelled to date. There must be fruit-citruses there but I haven't isolated them yet. Together, they become a lush fragrance-like a Beethoven string quartet, notes blending in and around each other, sometimes forte, sometimes pianissimo. I am moved, elevated to exhilaration, left with a sense of joy-seriously. This Pure Poison is a beauty. Why does it last on my skin for three hours? Those above mentioned Poison perfumes all play short melodies with my chemistry. Never mind, I'll take the three hours of any Poison on my shelf.
Three hours later, I can barely detect a soft sandalwood. For now, I will refresh this bouquet, just so I can keep the melody playing.

jamiebmichelle
jamiebmichelle

Clean laundry...

vergil_s
vergil_s

من بوی گل یاس رو خیلی دوست دارم.
و این عطر هم یه عطر خوشبو وزنانه بر پایه ی این گل محبوب.
عطری گرم و دوست داشتنی.
کلا کارای دیور واقعا خوبن و تو خانواده ی poisen
به نظرمن این کار از همه بهتره.
کار شیکیه و پخش بوی خوبی داره.

saint_alison
saint_alison

I received this as a gift and before opening it I cautiously checked Fragrantica to see the notes and the review. After reading the information I was positive I would like it and ripped it open and spritzed myself. I loved the fresh and sweet jasminey top notes but it quickly went into headache territory and I couldn't wash it off fast enough. Such a disappointment but it is going pretty successfully on eBay ;)

odemi
odemi

my friend said, "i'm in love" when she smell it.

LipstickJunkie
LipstickJunkie

personally I hate it! the smell gives me terrible headaches and it makes me fell nauseated, it's my aunts signature perfume, and thogh I love my aunt I can't stand sitting next to her for a long time when she wears this perfume! it is definitely very strong and not everyone can pull this kind of scents :)

Migalex
Migalex

I find this scent very sharp, and to me not in a good way. It seems to be a mixture of a lot of orange blossom and less bergamot, sharpened, maybe from the mixture with mandarine. Overall, I perceive it as very sharp and somehow cold and uncomforting. But I frankly dislike the scent in itself. A good think about it, no doubt, is the staying power, quite good.

Jewelsie42
Jewelsie42

Thanks to all you lovely people who take the time to share your thoughts, experiences and reviews....I have my new sig frag and I'm ecstatic! Thanks everyone for your help!!

This absolutely does remind me of Victoria Beckham Intimately, of which I used up a whole bottle plus bought the shower gel/body cream combo. IMO VBI smells lovely and not at all like a drug store perfume.

That being said, although PP and VBI share the same type "dna" if you will, PP is much more sophisticated, complex, longer-lasting and definately high-end. Like Vicktoria Beckham's older, wiser, more experienced sister. It is a treat!

Take heed to the woman who warned about using too many spritzes, she is absolutely right...especially if you are like me and making a seasonal switch from using body spray type stuff all summer..whoa nelly, ease up on the trigger finger Jewelsie!

neciaczerniecki
neciaczerniecki

i've been obsessed with hypnotic poison for 15 years and decided to finally get pure. i love it, i'm a ho for white florals. my only neg here is that my ex boss used to wear this, and although she was stylish, she was also a bword. it's very intoxicating and i must admit i cannot sleep if i'm wearing it. this does remind me of original poison more than hp.pois. but it is sooooooo much more wearable than the original

girl1000
girl1000

Pure Poison is a white floral with a beautiful warmth and depth. It smells completely natural, high quality, classy and expensive. It is blended so well that it is complexity and simple elegance at the same time. It has similarities with both Lancome's O de l'Orangerie and Jesus Del Pozo's In White, and I find it to be the superior of the three.

lbean
lbean

This is one of the few floral fragrances I can wear. It's a subtle scent but remarkable regardless. I like it and find it very chic and elegant, but more on the mature side and not really me.

WILSHIRE
WILSHIRE

This is absolutely feminine
and elegant perfume.
I still use Tendre Poison.
But, this one is little bit different
and mysterious.
It's more elegant and feminine.
Specially, I love the white bottle.

EMonika
EMonika

Pure tagged up with poison Screams scary!
but let me assure you its not :]
Very feminine, very flowery, and i get a really really heavy almond note for some reason. I get no citrus at all! it is very strong so please use lightly to truly appreciate it. The risk with floral notes is that people dont want to risk smelling like air freshener. let me assure you the floral notes in this are done very well.

I dont think this perfume has an age rather an attitude. if you cant wear it it will wear you kinda frag. it is definitely a signature frag, not mine, but maybe someone elses ;)

Zinderella
Zinderella

Pure Poison is lovely. I find it to be soft, clean and very easy to wear. It is the perfume I choose if I am feeling a bit off (headachey or yucky) and I want to wear a scent that will help me feel calm and not make me feel worse. I am not able to detect jasmine, as mentioned in many of the reviews here. This is strange, as I know exactly what jasmine smells like. Actually if I could smell jasmine in Pure Poison I would not be able to wear it at all. This is because, when I was expecting my daughter I had all day sickness which lasted for 2-3 weeks, it just happened that during that exact time two big jasmine bushes in my back yard were in full bloom. The smell of jasmine was so overpowering everywhere, all through the house, I couldn't escape from it and it made me feel so so sick lol I named my beautiful daughter after the Jasmine :) anyway, a little story.... oh dear I get sidetracked. I guess this is because of the way different smells and the fragrances we wear, often remind us of special (and not so special) times, events and feelings we experience in our lives. Just the mere mention or thought of jasmine immediately brings back memories of that time in my life :)

hadassa

I tested it on my skin today in a shopping mall and went home. There was a park on my way, and in the park were jasmine bushes spreading their intoxicating aroma into the very hot air.

And there was my skin that smelled so pleasantly. Both jasmines - this natural jasmine and that by Dior - blended together. I would never say "they were identical", no. But "Pure Poison" is a very decent fragrance even if you compare it with the wonderful smells that only nature can create.

It's an amazing modern perfume - expressive, but not loud. Fresh and clean, but not "casual" at all. Young and elegant. A must perfume for white flowers lovers. Definitely on my wishlist.

yousif90
yousif90

A lovely jasmine scent ...just wasn't for me ! i want to sell or swap ...please contact me if your interested =)!

dadulka82
dadulka82

I have finally had a chance to test it, but I am so disappointed. It only gave me headache and I could not wait to wash my hand.
Strange, it is so "clean" but at the same time so strong.
I highly recommend testing before buying, even though most reviews are so great.
shame...

jentwynnpayne
jentwynnpayne

My review of Pure Poison is also somewhat of a love story...
I came across Pure Poison completely unguided. I knew nothing about perfumes except that I liked musk, and that my grandmother's signature scent was Ysatis by Givenchy - her last coveted bottle of which went to my aunt after she passed away. One whiff of that stuff was like reliving my entire childhood at her house. I grew up thinking that was what my grandparent's house smelled like - parties in their basement bar, the smell of the dry prairies, the smell of class - but it wasn't until she passed away that I realized it was her perfume. Maybe I was having some sort of quarter life crisis, maybe I missed my grandma, but I decided that I wanted - i needed - to find a signature scent of my own.
I went over to the Bay one day after work with the idea of testing out some perfumes. I walked in, and went straight to the first woman I saw, not realizing she worked ONLY in the Dior section. I asked her to show me some perfumes, and told her what I liked (which was very vague). First she showed me J'adore, then Miss Cherie, then 3 of the other poisons, and finally Pure Poison. I loved it in comparison to the others and bought a 100ml bottle without even trying it on myself.
When I got home I was having buyers regret. How could I buy something so expensive without even researching it first?
This didn't last long.
Dior Pure Poison is my scent. When I showed it to my best friend she said: "this smells like you."
I have since gotten very interested in perfumes, reading, buying, sampling - but everything else pales in comparison, doesn't keep my attention long enough, and certainly doesn't represent me.
I love it SO much. I want to wear it all day, everyday. It smells to me like something a medieval queen would have worn, perhaps one that was strong, innocent, and charismatic during the day, but a seductress who practiced witchcraft by night.
I don't really know what else to say about it. It definitely smells "white," but in a "dark" sort of way - if that makes any sense. It's cool, yet warm, and introverted yet extroverted. It's duality is incredible, and for that reason I completely understand the reviewer who said she noticed many Gemini's liking this perfume (myself being one). Anyway, the notes are incredible from open to close. It lasts hours, and in my opinion - on the right person - can be worn in any season, on any occasion.
<3 <3 <3

evanthie
evanthie

It's so much better than the original Poison

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

I would describe this as a floral-woody-musk.

The citrus top notes are harsh to say the least, but the dry down is so soft, powdery, creamy...
It smells very naughty and a bit mystical... To me this is unisex btw, and I guess that`s why it smells "naughty". It´s not "girly" in any aspect.

Great sillage and longevity, amazing acutally.

I will sure buy this as soon as I can afford it. In Sweden this costs an arm and a leg or two.

semsem_sunshine
semsem_sunshine

when I first sprayed it on my wrist I thought it'd be the typical harsh and boring floral scent
then I waited about half an hour and smelt the drydown and OMG the drydown was divine, I fell in love with it

pomdgf
pomdgf

Let me say a big Wow ! on this perfume. So soft, fresh, innocent and virgin but a lot of sexy and poison like it's name. I can smell very jasmine from very first time. But not a type of cheap jasmine scent that make you got a headache. Personally, I love to wear this scent when I have a date or go out with my friends. I feel innocent but on contrary a little red evil appears and the word "hunter" is on my back. Dangerously perfume !!

Merlinrumpel
Merlinrumpel

It´s a soft, clean, sexy perfume & fresh . It´s smell like jasmine mostly. It´s simple but elegant, it´s a good choice. When i run out i´ll definitly buy it again.

shinelle_b
shinelle_b

This smelled great in the store, but as soon as I put it on it smells like a baby's bottom.... very unfortunate

As a side note, I gave the rest of the sample to my mom and it smells amazing on her.

andronicos
andronicos

This is the least poisonous poison.

StormChaser
StormChaser

Top of the Top... well in my view ... this is just Gorgeous... sexy and lasts and i never get bored with it.. well worth the money...i just love it..

Karin1974
Karin1974

Et sandt mesterværk. Yndefuld

A truely masterpiece. Graceful

pisces3774
pisces3774

I love Pure Poison. As a collector I tend to be fickle, swap, and give away bottles I get tired of. I've actually bought this a few times, and used up the bottle completely! Clean, sexy, warm - a perfect scent. May even be considered as close to a ”signature scent” as I get!

viol
viol

I feel like it's a summer fragrance too, it has some freshnes maybe because of the combo orange flower-jasmine. "Dolce Vita" seems to me summery too and lavoe to wear it in this season

whiten

It smells like summer to me, I don't know why... I like wearing it(mine is a sort of a decant, but I think it has more concentrated gardenia and jasmine) anytime of the year, but it smells especially like summer. most people voted for winter for this one, anyone agreeing with me?? :D

perfumery123
perfumery123

Need this I am wearing it but don't own it, i didn't like it at first but now i think i am addicted oh dear! ebay here i come!

oljka
oljka

This is my signature scent, clean, gentle, feminin, sexy, elegant, definetly PURE POISON. I always get compliments when I am wearing this perfume.

Delightful soapy citrusy floral fragrance!

The most noticeable notes in this fragrance are the orange, bergamot, orange blossom, jasmine and musk notes. The gardenia note is also a little bit noticeable. The leading note is the orange blossom note for sure.

A combination of the orange blossom, jasmine and musk notes makes this fragrance pleasantly soapy and powdery. Joyful orange soapiness:)

I like this fragrance, because it smells clean and lively. And it doesn't seem to me overpowering, but even tender enough. And it's normally sweet.

Pure Poison is my favorite from Poison line.

Muzoona
Muzoona

Very strong and powerful, long long long lasting ! not recommended for young girls..

darkangel666
darkangel666

love this one but think it smells lighter than poison which is my fav of all, i wear this one most days but keep my original poison for special occasions

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

As with almost all of the Poison line, I love this fragrance. It is light, powdery, almost gossamer, but it projects. Just like all of the Dior fragrances I wear, I get many compliments on this one. It is ideal for office wear.

noninoni
noninoni

Love the bottle, neutral about the juice

midnightsun
midnightsun

ok .. i think i'm in love !!!
i had a sample of this beauty 2 years ago and throw it away after 1st spritz... for me it was sooooooo sharp and floral. and since all what i love back since was floral fruity ( which i can't stand now)i couldn't appreciate this masterpiece ! what an idiot !!!
now i find my self reach for florals and fresh perfumes( does it have anything with turning 20 ???) .. so i found my long-thrown sample and oh ! how amazing it is!! so feminine ! its sharp at first but then it turns into a nice creamy floral-orange.
like...a woman sitting alone in a cozy yet sophisticated cafe' .. wearing white or light beig , brown hair,brown eyes and pure face ! so delicate but can make you look twice ! very glad to love this !

netnawa
netnawa

Everytime i wear this perfume i feel like there are a lot of nice white flowers surround me and my fiance love it so much

SYLeung
SYLeung

Orange fruit n orange blossom matched with jasmine perfectly. If you think jasmine is too sharp. Why not try this? White flowers mixed w/orange is definately wonderful for Spring n rainy days.

It's my blind buy that surprised me very much. It represents a woman of chic, independent personality but feminine and attractive.

ginepro
ginepro

I imagine this is the perfect scent for Glinda, the witch in The Wizard of Oz (1939)...it would fit her perfectly in my opinion.

Denoula

Just for once, I agree with the blurb; it enchants me and fills me with bold strength. Good longevity, too.

miss mills
miss mills

Gosh, maybe I need to try this again after reading the rave reviews here - I had a 5ml new bottle of this one - to me, it smells acrid and almost bleach/detergent like. I cannot for the life of me find softness or comfort in this scent and wouldn't dream of wanting to snuggle up to someone who was wearing it.

I know an awful lot of women (nearly all geminis, interestingly!) who LOVE this - I am not one of them (nor a gemini, incidentally).

This is harsh and cold to my nose, poison alright - but more cold hard rat poison than sensual man killer....I will definitely try it again - I am obviously missing something here that an awful lot of people "get".

Edit - have tried it again - it's "ok" for winter (it's winter here in NZ now), there are definitely some wearable notes after the top notes blow away but for me, perfume has to be more than just ok but possibly yick.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

Oh my goodness!!!!!!I have just smelled this in the shop WOW!!!!!! How did I not come across this scent before?????
This is asolutely divine, I mean I don't really know what to say...it kinda leaves me speechless it's so classy and beautiful, very feminine and quite potent....
I soooo want this one.....

jessyparis
jessyparis

well, this fragrance is a bit of mystery to my eyes to be quite frank. At first when you try it on it is a sheer reminder of TENDRE POISON's acute sharp citrus and fresh notes, guess the alcohol concentration sparkles this shaprness in your nose...After a little while you start sniffing the delicacy of the white flowers and the sandalwood and musk predominant notes;

smells good, not a milestone though.

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

just tested it and I love it, very classy! I wouldn't recommend this too teens , I say this is wearable for 20 somethings to 40 somethings(scratch that,20 and up), since Pure Poison is a very mature and classy scent. its kinda heavy so I can see this as something to wear at night or in very cold weather but in small doses! when I smell this I imagine a princess or elven queen dressed in a lovely white gown with long flowing hair like the elven queen from Lord of the rings! elegant and whimsical. if your 20 and up and like these mature and classy scents, get this

electric33
electric33

Pure Poison is starting to be my favorite fragrance. When I first spray it on the air smells like walking past fresh new jasmine blossoms. Then I smell that way too. I like that. About 20 minutes later the fragrance softens, expands, changes and I feel like I'm standing next to the most beautiful mixture of citrus and flower blossoms on trees.

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

When I smelled this I felt like I was frozen inside of a fairytale....something about this is almost suureal. Honestly, how much better can a perfume get? This is really good. I tested this several times on my skin and it was epic fail for me . I thought maybe my chemistry is bad for it. However, I was making a very common mistake. In fact, I am sure that no one could hate this perfume if its work right. Only 1 squirt....maybe one and a 1/4th squirt. Seriously. This is some strong stuff. Don't be fooled by the word pure or the white bottle like I was. This is enchanting and flurry, beguiling in anal TINY doses. I sprayed 4 times the last time I tested it and would have jumped into a lake to remove the nauseating chemical smell....I'm telling you, mixing too much off this stuff could really kill anyone's nose. I walked by people in the mall and they could smell me from 20 feet away. I know its an amateur mistake. Dior perfumes don't require a lot of sprays. A little goes a long long way. Suddenly in loving most of doors perfumes. I'm wearing only one squirt on the wrist and this is fresh. It feels kinda like frozen air with sparkles inside a snowglobe might smell. It's amazing. It's white florsls and ice, kinda like a rose might smell next to a Christmas tree in winter....its a white rose...very beautiful.just a squirt starts the magic. I might do just a nip more than a squirt. This is romantic in a gothic way. Not to say a perfume suits one group over another but I would say this would tend to favor brunettes. I think hypnotic poison is sexist of the poisons but this one is also quite ALLURING. I can't believe how much I like this in small quantities. This is good perfume. To me its more active than thr other poisons. It's workable at the office or during the day. It would also work.at night in every season. I'm thinking for night you might be able to escape with 2 squirts but I wouldn't push it. This is best as a whisper. I catch a slight sense of this and it sure is pretty.

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

Such a beautiful perfume , elegant , floral , perfect for spring-summer . The color and the shape of bottle fits well with the aroma . Indeed the fragrance is white , pure , young . Very long lasting on my skin , about 10 hours . I like this perfume much-much better than In White by JP .
Positive vote .

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

I really like it. On me I smell citrus and then jasmine not much else, but I like it a lot. Nice for hot summer days I think.

temo
temo

Beautiful, fresh, and dreamy are how I would describe Pure Poison. Jasmine seems to be the dominant scent for me. Then a lovely, fresh orange blossom comes through. Hours later it's a soft & pretty, well blended fragrance. The base lingers long and could still be detected the next morning. This could become a signature for me. Well done Dior!

Lauri88
Lauri88

Ouuuuu I aboslutely love this perfume! At first it smells wonderful, I was a bit afraid it may turn sour after a few hours, but I couldn't stop smelling my wrists and neck! Such a hyponotizing smell.
How I can describe how it smells as it fades?
Not to be vulgar but it smells like sex, nature and flowers, a beautiful combo.

nora elia
nora elia

I can´t distinguish the difference between jasmin and magnolia in perfumes, I can if I smell the real flowers, but it is hard for me with the perfumes, anyway, this is totally jasmin-magnolia smell! strong but elegant, long lasting, it is a "must have" for me

reusch210

Wore this again today and it is still going strong on my wrist at 5pm after applying this morning. The sillage is not there but it still smells great on the skin. Still not alltogether my personality but I can appreciate it's beauty - it's not really a happy scent but more like an afternoon dusk and night scent dark and pretty at the same time - like moonlit white satin dress peeking out on someone walking along on a garden path going through the trees.

Profumata
Profumata

This scent is quite pleasant, especially when it has just been applied. However, after having been on the skin for several hours, it does slightly remind me of a body lotion or even sun cream.

While I enjoyed wearing Pure Poison, I don't think I shall be purchasing it just yet.

username101
username101

Before this one, I thought I didn't like any scent other than fruity and fresh ones. I guess this would be like my first grown up perfume. I feel like older perfumes like Tresor by Lancome, Gio by Giorgio Armani, the original Poison are just plain heavy and all over the place, where as this one smells like grown up and does make a point at the same time.

Clefairy
Clefairy

From reading the below reviews, this is a perfume you either love or hate. Personally I love it. My best advice would be to wear lightly as with it being such an intense fragrance, it could easily become heady if worn too heavily. This is a favourite of mine to wear out at night and in the Winter as carries so beautifully in the cold air.

reusch210

My husband absolutely loves this. I loved it when I smelled it - and had to get it.. but when I wear it something about it's character tells me this belongs on another woman and not me. I also find after an hour or two the projection dies down and it becomes more of a skin scent - I guess why it would be good for intimate moments etc..

sofababe

I really love the new bottle, its so pretty with the purple at the top and on the lid, but I hope they didn't reformulate?

vicka16
vicka16

I'm in love with this fragrance! It is so delicat, soft, warm, cozy, and... pure. On me Pure Poison is a white floral with powdery and woody notes.
I get this perfume for Valentin Day from my husband (he knew I want it :)) and I'm so happy! I feel like I want to wear this gem all the time!

xclairabellax
xclairabellax

I have just recieved a bottle of this EDP but with a purple top/lid..I have the white top too...and I must say the purple top one is much smoother and powdery,lasts much longer too! :D -more like the elixir which is now discontinued.I am presuming they have reformulated with new packaging ?????

TaniaClamp
TaniaClamp

I love, love, love this perfume!!! ..... Definitely recommended! Pure Poison Dior is flowery glamourous, sexy and clean. It has a beautiful basenote of floral and sandalwood. I love the composition of flowers with jasmine and orange blossom. The note that first hit me is mandarinlike orangecitrus and orange blossom. Then the jasmine, gardenia and amber joins in and create a magnificent scent. Not sweet, not cloying but sexy and at the same time calm. This one is for women who loves flowers but also loves sophisticated and sexy scents. Can't say good enough things about this one. So gorgeous!!!!! This one is really my cup of tea! The staying power is good whithout beeing overwhelming and it feels close to the skin the entire time. Such a great scent.... an absolut must have!!!!!

Jag äääääääääääälskar den här parfymen!!!! Rekommenderas definitivt! Pure Poison Dior är blommigt glamorös, sexig och ren. Den har en vacker basnot av blommor och sandelträ. Jag älskar sammansättning av blommor med jasmin och apelsinblomma. Noten som först slog mig är mandarinliknande apelsincitrus och apelsinblomma. När noter av jasmin, gardenia och bärnsten framträder skapas en magnifik doft. Inte söt, inte kladdiga enbart sexig och samtidigt lugn. Den här är för kvinnor som älskar blommor, men också älskar sofistikerade och sexiga dofter. Kan inte säga nog med bra saker om den. Så vacker!! De här är verkligen min kopp av te! Doften tar plats utan att vara överväldigande och den stannar nära huden hela tiden. Ett mästerverk...... en absolut måste ha!!

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

Flowers and orange! It's a clean, fresh, bloomy scent. My father said once, when I wore this perfume, that it smells like sicilian oranges.... So there's definitely orange in there! It's clean and crisp, staying power is very good! It's a sophisticated scent. Don't spray too much on, because then it can get too sharp. Just a little, keep it subtle.

acv43

I've already reviewed this so i'll keep it short and sweet. I highly recommend layering this with The Body Shops body butter in Moringa- it just adds this creamy almost almond blossom smell that is just divine - pure spring!
I think I'm going to try layering their almond body butter with hypnotic poison next :)

leahmarie12
leahmarie12

Nice, elegant, classy floral. I am not into florals but this one, i love. My favorite of all the Poisons.

sofababe

Of all the Poison line I only like 2. Hypnotic and this one, Pure Poison. I find the original far too strong and it actually makes me ill, Midnight is only patchouli which i don't enjoy at all, and Tendre was just too sharp.
Pure Poison is so pretty and feminine, full on white flowers, particularly jasmine, and the drydown is gorgeous, soft and sweet amber, cedar and sandalwood.
It always gets compliments, even in busy bars. Its perfect for a night on the town.
The bottle is beautiful too, iridescent white, stunning.

acv43

I have recently discovered the poison line and this is my newest addition.
It is a fresh clean scent, and if fragrances can have colors associated with them this one certainty would be the color white, and not just because of the light colored bottle.
The initial scent i smell is actually gin, which than fades into a woodsy powdery, which then eventually becomes a clean white floral. I do not smell much citrus in this fragrance. Although i do like the scent i am a bit dissapointed as when i smelled it on the tester i got a much sweeter floral, and when i smell it on myself i get a lot of baby powder smells, which i am not a huge fan of.
However i am determined to make this one work for me!i have a history of liking perfumes, hating them, and then inexplicably liking them again.what is nice about this scent is that it is so light and clean it is not at all abrasive to others (at least in my opinion)and i tend to go for the heavy spicy scents which can be a bit overwhelming to the people around you. This scent is great for work, or any times when you must be confined in a small space with others (i loved original poison, but then i made the mistake of wearing it during a long car trip over windy roads--erlack).
I am more of a hypnotic poison girl myself, but i believe i will learn to love this one, and since it is a bright pretty floral it will be lovely for spring!

EDIT:
When i originally purchased this fragrance it was while visiting my parents in the extremely dry climate of the reno area. at times the fragrance smelled to sharp and bitter-alcoholic to me (very gin-like) but overall i liked the scent.
however now that i am home under normal humidity it smells a TON better--all the sharpness is gone! just clean sweet floral musk- fantastic!

evy.gc
evy.gc

IS A SOFTER VERSION OF J'ADORE...PURE FRESHNESS!... AT THE BEGINNING THERES SOME SHARP CITRICS AND ALMOST IMMEDIATELY THE JASMINE AND ROMANTIC GARDENIA APPEARS. THEN A FANTASTIC MIXTURE OF CREAMY ORANGE AND CEDAR! I THINK THIS IS MAGICAL, SINCE THERES NO VANILLA AND IT STILL MANAGES TO BE FEMENINE AND SWEET. I FOUND IT VERY CHARMING AND SOPHISTICATED IN A FLORAL WAY, WHICH IS VERY HARD TO FIND! I RECOMMEND THIS FOR THE DAYTIME ON A BEAUTIFUL SPRING DAY. THIS PARFUM IS THERAPEUTIC, DONT YOU THINK?

BTW THE SUBTLE GARDENIA IS ALWAYS THERE!

yourroseoftears
yourroseoftears

I love this perfume , got it as a Christmas gift some years ago, since that time it became one of my favorites <3 I want one again.. though I'm interested in midnight poison too...

alyaa
alyaa

This is a lovely floral perfume but alas so thin and transparent. Lasts about 2 hours on my skin and I can smell nothing afterwards which is very annoying. I dont like re-applying perfume and I love catching wafts of my fragrance all day. So sadly, wont be buying this, not for me.

Denoula

I wouldn't say this smells of soap powder, rather this is the kind of fragrance that is added to soap powder to make the laundry smell nice. Pleasant, floral, clean, quite warm. I found it instantly likeable. I wouldn't get excited about it, though.

erynne
erynne

For all intents and purposes I should love this scent but I find it much too... Sharp? The gardenia/ florals are far too strong for me and I find the sandalwood overwhelming. Ok in very small doses (like on my friend to whom I gave my almost full bottle).

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

A great cartload of white, fresh flowers make their pure white greeting card when you first smell Pure Poison. Infinitely feminine and extremely white, the various parts of the orange tree like the orange blossom and the orange itself give this Poison some uniqueness and make it slightly less one-dimensional.

After the industrial revolution in your nose, Pure Poison turns into a subtle, clean , lightly woody, slightly fruity Poison.

The drydown is based on cedar, amber and sandalwood. It does get woodsy, but it still maintains the fresh, white, pure quality.

This should not be called Poison, as there is nothing really venomous about it. However, it also manages to be this really innocent, yet strong and promising scent.

What the various Poisons remind me of:
1.Poison reminds me of a black vampire with hints of devilish purple.
2.Tendre Poison reminds me of a fresh green Amazon forest, with a green mamba slithering in the background.
3.Hypnotic Poison reminds me of a cosy blanket drenched in vanilla extract.
4.Pure Poison reminds me of an innocent rabbit sitting
on a carpet of orange blossoms.
5.Midnight Poison reminds me of a ghost lurking in the shadows of a giant, haunted castle.

paulared
paulared

Pure Poison is very good... but the Elixir is just... uh! how can I say this... it takes you to another world

odor Mania
odor Mania

A fragrance is just wonderful, and the discussion closed. I've met since I'm in love with this perfume, and I think every woman should experience a perfume eral price ...

lovemenot
lovemenot

I was drawn to this fragrance because of the strong jasmine note. Unfortunately, on my skin it smells very strong and sour and kind of... cheap? Shame.

Fragrance
Fragrance

This is my Favorite from Poison range so far:)Really feminine,Clean,sexy perfume and perfect choice for winter. This will definitely get attention and it's just Lovely !!!

reusch210

This to me smells like a woman with dark brown/blackish long wavy hair with milky skin in a white flowy peasant blouse or white silky flowy short dress and a long silver pendant with a charm or symbol.. She is outside.. in the cool moonlight.. either someone's backyard patio having a glass of white wine or taking a moonlight stroll on the beach with that special someone in the white flowy garment and possibly silver casual sandals. The woman has rosy cheeks and cherry lips and black thick lashes and clear scrubbed skin.

AWalkInTheWoods
AWalkInTheWoods

I find the scent of this in the bottle really intriguing and unusual, but unfortunately it smells too pungent and heavy on me, even if I apply it sparingly-- I swear I can almost feel waves of chemical fumes coming off my skin. While I'm disappointed that I rarely, if ever, wear it, at least the bottle looks gorgeous on my shelf.

cali54
cali54

I absolutely adore this fragrance, but somehow this doesn't last very long on me which is sooo disapointing because I waited ages to aquire it.(And now that I have it) I have to continually keep applying this on me every few hours just to smell its gorgeousness. But I don't care one bit. Would rather use it up then regret wasting my money.

carinas
carinas

Pure Poison is the least interesting one of all the Poisons. While it's pretty, it lacks character.
Love the bottle, but the juice is too boring. Would've expected more from Dior.

richz
richz

I have one..A classic and sophisticated fragrance, definitely for those who want to create a statement..and yea it is strong !!

nilizio
nilizio

The fragrance of this perfume clean, original and interesting. Therefore, the name "pure poison" inappropriate at all.
I do not like the bottle.
If I can get it at a good price - I would buy it again .. And again and again ..

SPHINX
SPHINX

This is a very special fragrance. It's deep and alluring and has a clean pure smell. It sits very well and lasts for hours on me. The jasmine notes are warm and creamy and comforting, can be a little overpowering if you spray too much on. Its a statement perfume and not for the faint hearted. You need to be sure of who you are when you wear this. The dry down is soft and powdery but still carried the jasmine top notes till the end. Its very expensive and more for occassion and evenings. I love it and will always have a bottle in my collection.

Spicy
Spicy

this warm wooden scent reminds me an autumn forest. Not "girly" or sweet, it has very strong character. Love it.

FreesiaandRose
FreesiaandRose

Very sexy and seductive - just a fragrance i connect with candle-light dinner. I would not use it in the morning when going to the office, but i love using it when going out.

Scarlette
Scarlette

I was totally wrong about Pure Poison. Maybe the first one I smelled was off. This is just lovely! A white floral, so fresh, so springtime, so joyful and classy... Nothing would suit better for springtime or a wedding.

bronstein
bronstein

I'm quite with some of below's reviews: this one smells like a granny's fragrance. There's nothing wrong about that, it's just that customers should be aware. The smell as such has nothing to do with the original Poison.

cheeks
cheeks

Many reviews have compared the scent to white floral scented fabric softener (I agree), which gives Pure Poison a clean and cozy feel. It is classy, sensual and minimalist in a fragile, lady-like way. This is actually my type of scent, and I like it alot (very happily used up my sample), but I would not part with that much money to buy a scent that smells like luxury fabric softener. I'd expect more drama, more edge or sex appeal or quirkiness coming from Dior...cozy/clean/lady-like/minimalist isn't something you'd expect from this house, and it makes Pure Poison an overpriced plain jane among Dior's other offerings. It feels like this scent should have been released by Kenzo or CK, it would definitely have been priced less too, and I'd have purchased it if that were the case.

Kylie
Kylie

I really like this scent, but when i first sprayed it on my wrist, it totally smells like my drugstore hair conditioner...

Pari88
Pari88

Your are absolutely right White; it sort of smells like fabric softener! In particular, a one that i always use from the Downy Libre collection, the Black bottle with the white jasmine flowers and the dancing lady! I loveeeee that smell and always knew it smelled so familiar, it is intoxicating! But of course Pure Poison has its own distinct smells, so please dont be offended that im comparing it to fabric softener (it is a very yummy fabric softener!) It only slightly remind me of PP. PP is the angelic version of all the poisons, as tendre is the garden fairy version, hypnotic poison is the Queen of the poisons, and the original poison is the muse of course :-) ooooh i love this one! A floral version heavier then tendre but just as tender. A creamy white floral that is delicious! My perfume will always have an open door for this classic as well as the rest of the poisons.
10/10!

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

To me, this smells like fashionable, skinny French women in designer clothes and huge shades. It is a classic, clean scent. Love it.

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

Honestly this scent is an acquired scent, and apparently its becoming more and more popular these days. I guess people are tired of going for the coco mademoiselle cuz they know that they wont be the only ones wearing it - sad thing i know. So I advise you to smell it whenever you pass by it and youll see that youll love it more and more each time. Anyways thats what happened to me and I now love it, plus the bottle is GORGEOUS!

Hayven
Hayven

The bottle is beautiful, but the scent is way too strong and rich. I don't see how people could wear it every day; I'd lose my sense of smell!

Rouu

may be this is my 3rd review about Pure Poison . kind of fragrances that takes my mind every time i wear it.
color of the bottle is really what helps to give this fragrance a breath of the divine gives Pure Poison a special feel .
at 1st spray get into various citrus and green notes being bounced all around then it develops into a nice white floral '' i would say JASMIN '' and only jasmine in here, declares itself strongly . then they heavenly dry down that stuffed up with musk and fine jasmine still around
Pure Poison is dominated by jasmine, but it is not too overbearing it gives the fragrance that flowery feel and essence that i LOVE .
been said that Pure Poison is the little sister of Poison. it been introduced to the younger crowed but personally i see it kind of fragrances that will never related to particular age group , it stands out with its own character whatever who wears it.
i can't say its SEXY fragrance its absolutely attractive , one of the most feminine fragrances i ever came a cross , the scent that won't make a woman feel extra sultry but mysterious feeling that gives a nice sensuality and allure trap any man around .
there are few fragrances that can perfectly classified as '' wearable '' PURE POISON is at the top of the list with no doubts , day or night , summer or winter . it will definitely works perfectly under any conditions to say iam a real woman who is innocent yet seductive , simple yet classy , delicate & fragile yet unbeatable and absolutely BEAUTIFUL .

cinsot
cinsot

The quintessential inauguration of Spring in a bottle graces my Favourites Shelf during the change of season from a stark Winter into the abundance of Spring.

Pure Poison is monumentally intoxicating to my nose.

Pure unapologetic jasmine mashed with citrus rind, neroli petals and gardenia blooms.

Absolutely mesmerizing. I really enjoy the fennel-like quality to this perfume on my skin; perhaps that sensation is caused by the intensity of the cedar reacting with my body chemistry? It works anyhow!

The PP layering bath and body products are a must-have for all devotees of this captivating aroma as they facilitate the life of the perfume tenfold.

Galya
Galya

i feel a lot of grass here,not my cup of the definitily!

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Very nice scent in which the bergamot, cedar and jasmine dominate. It is pure and a bit like a sharp sherbet to the nose. I bought Rare Pearls by Avon lately and they really are very similar. I won't be buying this for this reason and also that I prefer the original and hypnotic versions of Poison, this is rather apologetic for the Poison line!

IdrilCelebrindal
IdrilCelebrindal

Oooooh yes, there's definitely a strong white flower, either jasmine or orange blossom. It reminds me of a grapefruit tree blossoming in Arizona when my grandma lived there! Love this. Totally intoxicating.

ms.angeni
ms.angeni

i like it,a lot but ...i will recommend to wear it on cold whether,in the summer it is not for me.
i also do not find it synthetic ,its sexy,mature,gorgeous.
and the best part no headaches.
the other poisons i do not like...

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is one of the few fragrances I've come across with gardenia that I like. This is lovely and soft, the sandalwood in the background throughout, with a subtle spiciness, ever so slightly soapy. Great skin scent.

pinkology
pinkology

glamorous and sexy scent. but i think its too heavy for me as i live in a tropical country. i wear it only for special event.

whiten

It is soo beautiful. people don't appreciate it much, but I love it. everybody who smells it on me says they know it from somewhere but can't place the name. I don't want a common perfume, but this one is almost impossible for me to let go:D
why don't I get the original? a) because I have a "version" of it I'm using now and it smells the same as original to me. b) I don't like this bottle much. too plain. if I'm going to pay 4 times as much as I'm paying for the version perfume of it, I at least want to have something prettier:D

LIN
LIN

I don't know if it's just me, but this perfume disappears on me in seconds! I didn't axpect that from DIOR! I'm not sure if it's something about my skin or the perfume itself but i just can't smell it on me and i had ( and have ) MANY perfumes in my life, and it's never happened before! I don't think i'm gonna buy this one again... too bad, it has very clean-spring-white flowers scent that i liked a lot...

agi
agi

I had this perfume ,my husbad give me as present..he loves this perfume..but i can't say i feel the same.I kind like and don't like this perfume at the same time.I have good memories about this perfume.Would i buy this pefume? No.

lucianasalem
lucianasalem

Funny! they did films with two very different business proposals. I think the film that shows the girl in the forest match with it, but the black panther film match more with hypnotic poison.

Synsa
Synsa

i just got myself this perfume last month... i don't really admire it and i don't think i hate it... the smell is much soapy and yeah fresh... no... i don't find it glamour ... the smell is definitely soft... the bottle is pretty... it just an okay perfume... and the lasting power is weak....

huh...lucky the bottle is cute... ;) ... if not, i would find it disappointing...

overall ... this is an average perfume

selenehdez
selenehdez

diganme que puedo hacer??? lo probe en un tester con arillo negro y huele delicioso!! me encanto, me duró todo el dia! entonces dije, lo voy a comprar y me dijeron que cambio la botella ahora el arillo es dorado, y oh! gran decepción se esfuma en 4 horas :( Por ahí he leído comentarios de que el olor se va rápido, y lamento comprobarlo pero sí, la fijación del tester y del que compra no tiene nada que ver. Mi compra es reciente en junio del 2011

nkoolay
nkoolay

i tested this one when i was with my husband we both loved it & bought it i was disappointed when i started using it , it disappears within 2hours i didnt expect from Dior. can anyone recommend a strong dior perfume that smells good, my skin has a lot of acid and swallows perfumes

Veroronnieronron
Veroronnieronron

This is lovely! Great sillage, so far 11 hours. A womanly fragrance, but gentler on the nose than the other poisons. My mother used the original poison in the 80's and I remember sniffing it as a child and being pretty shocked at the sheer intensity of it. Pure Poison is warm,comforting, floral and sensual. I can't stop smelling myself! As far as sexiness goes, it sort of reminds me of Narciso Rodriguez for Her, although its muskier and pure poison leans more towards the floral. To me they both have this sunlight-on-the-skin thing about them which is wonderful.

Follow my beauty blog in spanish! esunbellodia.blogspot.com

My most recent post is about essential oils and I have a haul page. Ive been trying out products by corean brand Missha.

orchid_84
orchid_84

The first time I tried this, I decided I didn't like it because the drydown seemed a bit soapy. After testing it out again I am not getting that soapiness at all, which has made all the difference.

Pure Poison is a big, fresh bouquet of white florals. The gardenia and jasmine are the most noticeable. It's a little sweet, very soft, and just really gorgeous. Certainly it is the most innocent, clean scent of the poisons, which is to be expected given the name. It would be the most day-appropriate scent of all the poison scents, and could work year-round. It also does have some sensuality to it, although in a more understated, intimate way than say hypnotic or midnight poison. Very nice!

abigail5328
abigail5328

Floral, soft, gentle, elegant, feminine, romantic, clean, sensuous, ‘pure’ fragrance!
Pure Poison is like a bouquet of luxurious white flowers!
Jasmine, gardenia and orange blossom are what stand out to me the most, beautifully blended together which makes a divine, almost soapy, floral combination!
Perfect for evenings, weddings or any special occasion.
Good sillage, 2 sprays are enough. Not overpowering. Longevity is great! I can still smell this softly on my skin hours later.
Has the same quality of Thierry Muglers Alien, in that they are both dominated by intoxicating jasmine; however Pure Poison is a little gentler and softer.
The bottle is simply beautiful too!
Another masterpiece by Dior!

shannonrenee83
shannonrenee83

I got a sample of this in a swap and I really like it. I prob. will not purchase seeing as how it is discontinued and on Ebay and other sites it is an arm and a leg. But it is a nice floral perfume with great lasting power and silage. I can't really tell the difference between the florals I smell in it, it just smells like a wonderful well orchestrated bouquet of flowers to me. They all work in perfect harmony with one another,and it really does smell white like the bottle color. It does smell similar though to other florals on the market, so it really is nothing super unique. But it is one of the better ones for sure, I am not much into florals and I love this one. Dior always makes great perfumes, and I am very much loving their poison collection.

Jilly B
Jilly B

I so wanted to like this, but it is not to be...

Sprayed on the tester card Pure Poison was absolutely divine...the super-clean scent I've always looked for but never found. I thought my quest was over!

On my skin though, the freshness gave way after about 15 minutes to something verging on unpleasant and I think it would give me a headache if I wore it all day.

Beautiful fragrance, shame it doesn't work for me.

misslovely
misslovely

A very lovely and sexy scent. I think this is my most grown-up fragrance I own. I tend to use it on special occasions. Do not assume this is for older ladies, you should give it a try. You will be in disbelief on how amazing it smells.

Happydelight
Happydelight

Bonjour! If you are fond of temperamental orange blossom and gentle jasmine than this perfume is a definite must for you! I believe, that this lovely fragnance was created only for confident women! If you are afraid of being in the centre of attention then forget this one, 'cause pure poison is extremely noticeable! Pure poison is a real masterpiece!

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

A lovely fragrance that is indeed pure and soft. This perfume reminds me of a bouquet of pure white flowers with very subtle greens. Suitable for a bride. Really beautiful and not overpowering, it lasts for at least 8 hours on my skin. Love this fragrance.

whiten

I wish I had more than a 20 ml tiny little decant of it. I really like it, but I guess I want something more from it. a bit more sandalwood maybe? oh well,it is still my fave of poisons. but I think it is not so much of a winter fragrance. spring-fall,maybe even summer. I think I won't be able to hold myself and buy it before the summer is over.
edit: It really is citurcy light and a touch of jasmin with vanilla,both subler than citruses at first notes but still noticable. it is so fresh to my nose,but again mine is a little teeny decant soo... I should find a tester of it again

LaPetite
LaPetite

I have discovered this darling today , and it's even yummier than Poison , which is already very yummy !
And this time, it is a Poison that i can afford wearing , because it's more gentle , lovely (but NOT girly) ,yummy (but NOT foody) more innocent that the original Poison which unfortunately i can't wear , because it doesn't fit my character . Pure Poison does !
If you're like me, too shy to wear Poison , have Pure Poison instead !

TheCountess
TheCountess

The best poison that smelled great on my skin. The others smelled terrible on me. It turns woodsy after a while and it's very sexy.

chloeee
chloeee

Very synthetic.
Smells like piquant detergent.
Very succinct, clean, and artificial.

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

Finally I`ve tried this one. Very beautiful, soft, powdery flower scent. Sophisticated and warm. Lasted for ages on my skin. Dry down remanded me of something from my childhood, something my mom used to wear. She wore a lot YR scents, so maybe it was Magnolia?
Anyway... beautiful scent but not something I would wear.

olga1780
olga1780

This is my summer-time Poison. Love to wear it with white clothes! Like almost everything from Dior house, this is an exceptional quality fragrance.

Siv55
Siv55

This has astonishing sillage. I once went trekking in Brazil and an Aussie girl backpacker wore this. She walked way ahead of me but every so often I would smell this. She climbed up the mountain ahead of me, but had I not once looked up to see where to go, I could've followed the wake of this.
It's quite skin specific though, and I was massively disappointed with the way it smelled on me. Beautiful and sexy if it's right for you.

vincy_gal

Funny that I cannot stand the original Poison...yet I just adore this one! A beautiful floral that is not sickly sweet. I've received compliments from strangers when wearing this frag.

Mizz K
Mizz K

Love this perfume. To me it smells very natural on the skin, almost as if it was my natural scent. Very classy and feminine. One of my faves.

HeavenlyScent
HeavenlyScent

Impressive. Take a look at the bottle. Are you kidding me? Exquisite! Strong but beautiful floral scent. I wear this when I want to make a statement and want to be noticed. It works!

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

It's very nice on me, a very well constructed floral vanilla, at first spray it's a bit overpowering but as it dries down it's a nice vanilla with jasmine (two of my favorite scents!). I may get it for spring/summer as my favorite Hypnotic Poison is probably too strong for the warmer seasons. Sillage seems okay, I can get whiffs of it here and there. A definite LIKE not a Love like HP. I'll use up my sample and probably invest in a bottle...I Love all the Poison bottles and PP's bottle is extra pretty! This is actually my second time trying PP, the first time I got an undercurrent of cat pee (ammonia) hidden in the scent...I got the same undercurrent in HP too but it seems to be gone from both the perfumes now (thank goodness!). :0)

shelley2633

This is absolutely divine to die for. Just love it. This one and Midnight Poison my absolute favourites.

moonwalker
moonwalker

I don't know who picked names for the Posion line but he/she certainly knew what he/she was doing...
Pure Poison - just like its name, is full of contradictions... Pure Poison smells nice, gentle, sweet, innocent but it is also deeply sensual, seductive, sometimes even femme fatale type of fragrance. I thought it was perfect for the winter but now that spring is here I have found out it is even better for the spring (lets see what the summer will bring). Sometimes it is creamy, sometimes it is powdery. On the one hand it is a perfume for the young girl - innocent and pure, on the other hand it is great for the woman who knows her something about life.
For me it is a perfect combination of jasmine and orange. I have bought 30ml bottle but I am already thinking about buying a big one. I looks like I am really a Poison girl.

narcissi
narcissi

tried it out in the mall today, started off with a bitter note [probably the citrusy orange] and quite frankly did not like it.
Then after 2 hours, the bitter note faded away, the dry down is actually quite nice, i smell white flowers... a little powdery, but not for me. So it is not a bad smell, but just average, which is not something you expect a dior to be like.
final rating- 5.75/10

Ohkit
Ohkit

What a perfume! Nothing but a symphony of feminity, grace, passion and beauty. Floral, not too sweet, hot and cold at the same time. Perfect for a woman in her late 20's-early 30's, confident and stylish.

melbritt24
melbritt24

I used to own Dior Pure Poison. I'd love to have it again. It was a gift from an admirer! Not a fragrance I would have picked for myself at that time in my life, however, it is a nice fragrance with a fresh, subtle spiciness to it. You can faintly smell the cedar note, which I love. I do, however, prefer Miss Dior Cherie and similar cyphre fragrances. I may just get another bottle...I do love DIOR!

I don't like the opening - but after 20 minutes its a nice scent with great stayingpower. Nice flowers, but this one will never be at my top 10-list.Tendre Poison is my Dior-favourite.

Jag gillar inte denna doften just när jag sprejar på den på huden, jag tycker att den är för stark. Efter en stund så mjuknar den till en behaglig blomdoftande parfym. Tendre Poison är min Diorfavorit.

Kreen
Kreen

This fragrance is so sensual and complex. At first spritz you get top notes of citrus, which are wonderfully fresh, but as it settles you get some beautifully heady floral notes, which really make this such a delight. The woody dry-down works well with the floral notes and lingers on the skin/clothes for ages. It is just so sexy and sophisticated.

cocolove
cocolove

I´m absolutely in love with this perfume! For me the scent is pure magic.

I find it a soothing frangrance. It is strong, oriental and floral. I smells a little woody aswell. I love the drydown, when the scent becomes more creamy instead of powdery. On me it has the same scent at the drydown, but is smells more like it became a bodylotion. I really like the soft an creamy hints, because it takes down the stronger and darker notes and makes it more delicate and feminine.

It´s suitable for winter, cause it´s cosy, relaxing and chic.

I love the packiging so much, it totally has one of the most beautiful bottles i have ever seen.

rednut
rednut

I don't know whether it's the type of skin I have but I had to wash this off. It smells stale on me, kind of like day old sweat. I do like the poison range generally so not sure why this fragrance reacts so badly with my skin. I am a natural redhead with exremely pale skin so if you are one too, make sure you test it first!

vtothek
vtothek

Oh my, the longevity of this on me is amazing! I tried this on yesterday and 24 hours later I can still smell it fairly well on my wrist.

This is truly a lovely floral scent. I am usually not too fond of them, but this one stands out above the rest. It comes to sit on a nice jasmine, gardenia and cedar base on me, which is charming but never overpowering.

Being in love with it I asked others what they thought and always a negative response. Apparently the non perfume aficionados amongst us despise this for some reason. That is a big disappointment, but I love this scent so much I will just have to wear it in private I guess.

justpeachy
justpeachy

Pure Poison is luminous and enchanting, radiant and attractive. It's cool and warm at the same time - the cool white floral bouquet carried on the warm notes of amber and sandalwood, with the citrus playing sweet and watery over top. The white jasmine is clean, so much so that to catch a quick whiff it's almost sharp - combined with the softness of sandalwood and the aquatic bergamot, it perfectly embodies the purity of the fragrance.

The thing that fascinates me most is that it seems to play up whatever element is missing: it's warm in the winter, cooling in the summer, elegant during the day and luminous at night, sophisticated when you're dressed casually, and playful when you're all dressed up. When I owned this perfume, I'd had others comment that the name "Pure Poison" is an oxymoron, but when you spray it on, the duality becomes perfectly clear.

To me, it's a bit intense for daily wear, but sophisticated, cozy, and feminine when I'm feeling romantic.

NNN
NNN

I have a love/hate thing with the Poison fragrances by Dior.
The original Poison and Hypnotic Poison are both too strong, powdery and invasive, I can't stand them.
On the other hand, I absolutely love Midnight Poison and Pure Poison.
Pure Poison is really pure, a pure and clean floral bouquet.
Classy, feminine and yet, sexy, Pure Posion has a great longevity power and, in my opinion, is the most versatile version of all the Poisons.
Definitely on my wishlist!

Chanelette
Chanelette

This one is like a white silk scarf, light and soft and luminous. It has a very prominent jasmine note which is very realistic and sooo beautiful. Just like a walk in the park on a spring day when it's quite warm but occasionally you can feel fresh wind blowing and brinig the scent of jasmine in bloom to you. The first spray feels very fresh but the amber in the base doesn't allow the scent to be cold. It can be worn all year long and it's pretty versatile.

This fragrance was nice. It's a white bottle for a gentle white flower fragrance, but not so gentle that it's boring in any way. It reminds me of a more subtle version of the original Jessica McClintock.

It is an interesting perfume, but when I have to spend 2-3 hours in the same room with a person wearing it, it makes me sick. This fragrance overpowers every scent around including strong men perfume and I can’t even smell the food on a party table.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

There is a reason you lack sillage and stay close to the skin. Intimacy. You are not for the world. You are to be known personally, affectionately and through acts of passion. Acknowledged, brushed against my chemistry... worn by another.

Smrynamed
Smrynamed

a nice perfume. I think that mature women need to use. a little heavy head coach young women. But the lovely and elegant fragrance for mature ladies.Plus a feature that allows the permanent.

Güzel bir parfüm. Annem bir tane almıştı. Olgun kadınlara göre olduğunu düşünüyorum. Genç bayanlara biraz ağır kaçabilir. Lakin olgun bayanlar için ise hoş ve zarif bir koku. Kalıcı olması ise artı bir özellik sağlıyor.

rosabell
rosabell

I absolutely adore it but I find it very faint, with virtually no sillage and no staying power ,at least not on my skin... If it weren't for this, I would use Pure Poison all the time but since I barely notice it on my skin in 1 hour, I had to give it up. It's a shame , because the smell is divine and I love it , but it is weak like water and not at all long lasting.

Manya2
Manya2

I don't get the soft feminine flowers everyone else gets, all I got was cedar, cedar, some amber, and some more cedar. At first, I forgot that I tested this perfume, but then something started smelling unpleasant, like the drydown of a men's deodorant :(( I'm hugely dissapointed...I guess this one is just not for me.

guest_ms.angeni
guest_ms.angeni

i loved it a few years ago...then i starting wearing miss dior cherie....very lovely ...and my last one was diorissimo...doesn't work good whith my skin so i gave pure poison a new try.i can't identify jasmine or something else in it...its just charming,sexy and special.the best part..it doesn't give me migraine and it lasts and lasts...

mjb28
mjb28

What an amazing perfume! I love this perfume,its not too heavy like other poison. It is a clean, fresh floral scent to me. I get lots of complement when I wear this.

It's very comfortable, creamy, easy to wear, makes me feel pretty. A truly gorgeous, feminine, pure and tender, it's matching the pearly pure gorgeous bottle.

venclips
venclips

Love this one so much. It's smell clean, sweet, romantic, soft and elegant. I don't like the another poison, they are too heavy for me. This is suitable for day and night. Staying power about 10hrs on my skin. This is the perfume on my wish list. I think i will never won't be regret buying this if you like soft smelled perfumes!!

I approached Dior PURE POISON with some trepidation today, given my recent experience with Agent Purple. Could there be a potion less unadulterated by nontoxic components than POISON itself? I nervously asked myself, while running a preemptive bath.

Well, it turns out that PURE POISON is yet another badly named flanker, in this case, to my considerable relief. PURE POISON bears little if any resemblance to its namesake, offering a strong but alluring white flower elixir which opens sweet and becomes progressively more clean, even somewhat soapy, over time. The rich consistency here reminds me in some ways of FRACAS, although the notes are of course very different, as tuberose is nowhere in PURE POISON to be sniffed, and FRACAS is not at all soapy. But both compositions are creamy and white with real potential for addiction.

Jasmine is definitely the star of the PURE POISON show, which in its pristine whiteness is entirely untainted by anything purple. The one similarity that I do find to POISON is that PURE POISON, too, is so strong that only a small application brought me close to the cusp of a headache. One more drop, and I'd be over the top. But lightly applied, I like this a lot.

Kazorwaman
Kazorwaman

I was also rather surprised with this Poison :)Pure Poison is a pure delight :) It openes with very fresh notes, and then it smoothly changes into something sweet, but not something sharp and annoying sweet: tiny-sweet - and then into floral..
I really liked it!

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

This for me was rather boring. Its fresh no doubt, but compared to the Elixir this is no contest! The Elixir takes this to more levels & adds a gourmand touch to it! Pure Poison is simply bland. Not bad but not bottle worthy! My least favorite of the Poisons!

adele l
adele l

Not sure why Pure Poison has the name Poison in it- it smells unrelated to the rest of the collection. That doesn't mean it's a bad scent by any means. Initially it's a blast of alcohol which quickly subsides into a fresh, slightly powdery floral. The jasmine is not strong on my skin nor is it sweet in any way, just slightly citrusy. It's very strong and mature, quite lovely.

anaaranha
anaaranha

I love it! It's very confortable, creamy, easy to wear, makes me feel pretty and calm. For me, it's not a sexy frag but, anyway, makes me feel happy sniffing it all the way in my body.

Lady Love
Lady Love

One of the most powerful floral fragance ever created. Is very intense so the first impression is not always good, but in the end you'll end up loving this fragrance.

Pure Poison's Jasmin and Gardenia notes are impressive and so well made. The lasting power is perfect like others Dior's Fragances.

parfum de l'amour
parfum de l'amour

Pure Poison is a little miracle I was very skeptical about. Until today, when I discovered it is a perfume I would enjoy owing and wearing daily. Along with Cacharel - Amor Amor, it is a scent that I can trace back into my childhood days in the 90's... could have been one of my mother's fumes, the scent of the room of one of my mother's friends' teenage daughter, can't remember - but anything it might have been, it spells "something very dear to me"...

It is a teen girl's/young woman's scent IMO. It's a delicate and non-vanillic, flowery fragrance. The woody components are gentle, just there to add a touch of mystery to an otherwise virginal, innocent scent. I love white flowers and this is an ode to them.

Highly recommendable for first dates and the likes. Makes one all so hugable and kissable. It's pure tenderness!

Girlie_Girl
Girlie_Girl

I remember when I first tried this i thought it was horrible, but now I really love it. I like the way that it is not overpowering, like hypnotic poison can be if too much is sprayed.
Also, the bottle is lovely!

Rouu

truly gorgeous, feminine, pure and tender , it's matching the pearly pure elegant bottle it comes in surly !

fine jasmine and more more more fine elegant tender jasmine .. delightful , cheerful , creamy and so bridal :)

very interesting floral elegant scent in a pretty elegant bottle !

um in luve with you Pure Poison 10/10 ;)

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

I ordered a small bottle of it blind and I found that It's a Pure Poison for me. Open with intoxicating dose of jasmine and nothing more i can feel instead of pure jasmine poison which give me a headache.

The lasting power is great since i tried washing it off with water then rub it off very hard with towel i can still smell it until next morning. Isn't that an amazing thing about this pure poison!

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

PURE POISON is one of the best floral perfumes.Surely DIOR style and have a perfect balance of passion and Composure and in my opinion this is something that makes this scent EXCLUSIVE.It is truly Gorgeous.

Artistic,Elegant,Feminine,Classy and Special.The freshness of different citrus is complemented by Jasmine in the top notes However jasmine is dominant in the begining until the end on my skin.Romantic and Charming without being harsh.

Certainly this composition is Subtle and Sophisticated for a floral scent.It is more Natural than most Modern perfumes.A perfume for queen in AUTUMN/WINTER Eveneings.i recommended it for lady between 30/50 years old.ideal for present too.PURE POISON is Enjoyable to wear indeed.

Sillage?Decent.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

guest_diorlover
guest_diorlover

I am enchanted by this creation. although it is light, breezy, and very comfortable to wear, it has a dark, in a way smoky side, that emanates alluring mystery.

nyoka
nyoka

IM in love!!! In love with the most beautiful,creamy,smooth,sexy fume ever.Its a joy just looking at it.Makes me feel like Im up on a irredesenct cloud that feels like silk.So soft gently blowing in the breeze.The firstnote I smell is my fav jasmine.No waiting on it in this one.A breeze comes uo,and blows the little cloud away down to a massive flower bed filled with the biggest,best smelling flowers ive ever smelled.Exotic,Jasmine vines as big as tree trunks,gardenias bigger than dinner plates.THere is a woody cosy fume awaiting me.while in it I become one of the white flowers and a sandlewood piece.The whole experience is like a dream but,I no its not when I awaken and can still have the scent on meBut maybe it wasnt a dream because I brought some of it back with me.Thanks to a wonderful sister on this site for gifting it to me.My fav fume of all time!!!!!Worth every penny.

vuelo
vuelo

A jasmine bomb. If you can't stand jasmine, this will be suffocating. Well, good thing it doesn't have that much of a sillage, but it lasts very long.

This is supose to be the innocent "sister" from the poisons evil sorority, but it's just as sultry and evil. It's not from Boston, it's from Dior, but it's certainly Strangler Jasmine.

Ok, after that much said, I'll also ad: it's not repulsive, might really be a safe choice.

andrevarx
andrevarx

Sublime, exquisite. I think the perfume is more refined than a woman under 30 can use. Simply exquisite, super sexy and sophisticated.

yipee
yipee

I m agreeing to guest_cindy as well!
It smells dark, romantic, and sexy, especially when worn in the winter and I have tried wearing it in the summer and it smells nothing like it does in the bottle, so I'd say this is more of Fall/Winter kind of scent. :))

miss_piggy
miss_piggy

This is an orgasm in a bottle... I don't love many "floral" scents, but this could easily be my 2nd favorite perfume in the world. (Matter of fact, this could possibly even replace the discontinued Robert Piguet Musk Blanc as my perfume of choice if I had to choose only one for life.) I'm rolling in a meadow full of white flowers under the full moon with my lover, and instead of gagging me, they're tickling me. Oh, BTW... This is an incredibly sexy fragrance, too.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

I almost miss Pure Poison when I first time took up the bottle and only sniff it from the spray nozzle, what I smelt was nothing but citrus.

Fortunately, my idea was reverted when I gave it a second try on the test paper, though the beginning is sourish, the white flowers will soon begin to turn out and dominate this perfume. After about 10 minutes, it will become even more fragrant, this is awesome, I never found a perfume that can enhance its scent before. It's so fresh, so deep, and also a little soapy, far beyond my imagination, I'm so glad I bought a 100ml, I could enjoy it for a long time.

I give it 9.5/10, here the absent 0.5 point is for the sourish head notes, if there is less citrus, then it's perfect for me. Absolutely one of my favorites, I love it so much!

rainydays
rainydays

Hmm... the opening of Pure Poison is just so-so, with plenty of jasmine and gardenia. Pretty and feminine, but safe. After a little while, I started to like it more. The distinct and strong flowers were still there, but out came the citrus notes, giving it a new and interesting kick. If only it had just stayed that way! I love those heart notes. But the ultimate dry down was pure spice on my skin... mysterious, but in a good way? I'm not sure. It was a little confusing. I'll take this one into consideration, but i'm not sure if I love it.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I have to admit I am a fan of big perfume show-offs so when I tried this I was so disappointed.

What a snooze-fest! I was expecting blooming white florals worthy of the Poison name and this was mild & kind of quietly disappeared stage left with no further ado.

Everyone else seems to be smelling things I don't so maybe like Midnight I just need to try it again.

UPDATE: I retried with a generous two squirts today, its is much nicer in higher concentrations. Sadly for me, the florals smell a lot like concentrated washing powder. Very clean, but I prefer my florals to be a little more spectacular than that.

teedee
teedee

i always tought poison series is similar smelling. how pleasantly surprised i was when i figured out they are not!

pure poison color is reflective of its pleasant smell. i would imagine the color white will smell like this.

it starts with fresh mix of fruits with hint of flowers. fruits then gave way to gorgeous white flowers and i can detect the most gorgeous and softest gardenia i ever smelled. i somehow got a mix of flowers and hint of musky powdery smell.

oh_caroline
oh_caroline

Sooo nice and fresh and delicate and mild...

Well, yes, it has citruses. But doesn't remind you of something you could eat. All the flowers are so fine blended, it's very nice (flowers dominate though)...

It's a clean scent, always a safe choice, yet very feminine and interesting.

By boyfriend describes it as "gentle", and says it's very comforting.

heenimlover
heenimlover

I addicted to the smell.. at first it has a sharp scents but after a while it smell so good..
i keep on sniffing myself all day..
the lasting power was really good..
last all day..
the best perfume ever made..=)

mocha43
mocha43

Pure Poison is intoxicating and delicious on me. Gorgeous scent of jasmine and gardenia lasts beautifully. The original Poison was just not good on me but Pure Poison is divine!

guest_jhkjhslkgh
guest_jhkjhslkgh

really unique a bit strange and unsettling scent. i've sprayed it on my wrist about 4 hours ago, i still smell it, and still can not figure it out. on my skin it rather smells woodsy and musky, than flowery. i can not quite get the smell - i don't hate it, nor am i crazy about it; nevertheless, i find myself sniffing my wrist over and over. the dry down is a bit too bold for me, not really a multi-dimensional smell. yet, still pleasant in some strange way.

angelyalia
angelyalia

I completely ADORE this perfume! After sparingly using it for special occasions because I only owned a small vial of it from a Dior perfume gift-set I finally have a bottle of my own! The scent is warm, creamy and glamorous, it lasts for ages, I can go to bed after wearing it that evening and the next day i still smell of Pure Poison!

One of the most magical scents I have discovered so far <3

guest_Cindy
guest_Cindy

Pure Poison is by far my favorite fragrance ever! I really like how it comes on at first, although the dry down can be a bit unsettling. It smells dark, romantic, and sexy, especially when worn in the winter, but I have tried wearing it in the summer and it smells nothing like it does in the bottle, so I'd say this is more of Fall/Winter kind of scent.

njdeb
njdeb

A fantastic take on creamy jasmine. Smooth and rounded jasmine rests on top of an amber, woody base. Not quite the all out glamor of Fracas, but would be great as a special occasion perfume (although it's soft enough for day time wear too). Soft, sensual, intoxicating, modern floral oriental. One of my favorites.

tennischick
tennischick

I have been curious about this scent for some time now, I tried this on a paper strip and thought is was a strange smell, well I went perfume shopping tonight to test some scents and spritzed this on my skin.... at first I didn't like it strong, musky, nothing floral or jasmine. I thought oh noooo this is not right for me. But then after about 30 min. it changed into this creamy, rich, sexy, unique scent and I can't stop smelling my wrist! I think I love this. I like that is is an EDP and so far it has awesome lasting power and it is strong but in a good way. I've had it on about 3 hrs. now and it is still very noticable!! I keep catching whiffs of it in the air! I hate scents that just fade away like many current scents out there. I've been searching for something new for myself and I think this could be a signature for me I will purchase this and see if this is IT!

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

almost the same as Jesus del Pozo's In White (I don't know who copied whom).. but Pure Poison starts off more gently.. a perfect match for anyone who likes white flowers :)

Oh Sugar
Oh Sugar

Jasmine jasmine jasmine. But not some jasmine, it's the finest, most expensive jasmine you can find. Pure Poison seems innocent at first, but don't let the pretty shiny bottle fool you - it's sexy, bold, elagant and smells very expensive. Poisonous! Not as much as the original, but still. It will be better for younger woman, I think. It will surely bring you attention and compliments. It's perfect when you go to the opera, on an important date or simply to a party, when you feel confident, sexy and want to have some fun. Goes well with a tight dress, glowing skin, bold lipstick and delicate lace. It's truely "Dior"!

rotorres
rotorres

This is the only perfume I've ever had that actually creates a fantasy in my head. It brings to mind a sandy oasis surrounded with palm trees, with a white billowy tent. East Indian colors and spices, and an Arabian prince all wrapped in black on a strong dark horse arriving home there, to me... Yeah,this perfume does that, and the colors on the bottle are all in this little fantasy also.It's perfect I love it and will never be without it.

Russian
Russian

I like so much when perfumes are in accordance to the designers' conception.I really think Dior Pure Poison is one of these scents.It is so Dior!If you are an observer of the Dior collections you should probably know that no matter what they do and how they interpret style and fashion,they would always have this elegant,classy yet bold and extravagant "touch".
Pure Poison is a very bold scent.I see a confident sexy and rich femme fatale wearing it.
The first notes I smell on my skin are the Jasmine and Orange,probably with some Bergamot.
I really love the second notes' blend - gardenia and orange blossom to me is a very good combination that blends also with the base notes.
Dior Pure Poison is a very sexual fragrance and I'm so glad I bought it!

kristina_vili
kristina_vili

This is very strange and weird smell for me,I would never use it,never!!!!I was make the mistake long time ago and I tested it in a perfume shop and OMG...This scent gave me only headache and I really dont understand why is so popular one?

perfumes_addict

i hope i don't offend any of the pure poison fans, but this is one perfume i would never be able to wear because it smells like floor detergent on my skin. it is original, i'll give it that, but i don't like it. it's extremly synthetic.

ktv0926
ktv0926

Gorgeous scent, gorgeous bottle, very popular and really worth it. The most intoxicating jasmine ever.

Personally I'm getting a little tired of it, as there are so many new unique scents discovered since the launch of Pure Poison. But if you never had it - you definitely should.

By the way, if you think it is a little overpriced, try Jesus Del Pozo In White - very similar fragrance, staying power is weaker, but it is a lot cheaper!

danimcneil
danimcneil

I got this as a christmas gift. My boyfriend got me the gift set:) good boy. I remember when this first came out, it was the year i graduated high school. I went surching for a winter scent, i thought this smelled like a clean, thick winter sweater. i used the whole bottle! (i was 18 then so this scent really is for any age). When a sniffed it again this year, pure poison smelled like a beautiful, fresh jasmine flower in full bloom that as warm, radiant rain drops on it. Pure poison was the perfect name for this scent, it is indeed pure. Not saopy in any way. I feel as if it is a part of me when i wear it. I am already 1/4 of the way through this 1.7oz bottle. I shall have to order the 3.4 oz one. I REALLY want to try the elixir!

alicektn
alicektn

My brother had given this to me as a christmas gift when it was first launched. I liked it a lot, and used half of my 100 ml bottle. Suddenly I started having diziness issues with pure poison and I stopped weaaring it. And now,exactly 5 years later, I discover that I can wear it again!

I realize now how much I had missed it. The soft creamy combination of white citrusy flowers and amber -that linger like a second skin- is sexy in a minimal ,unpretentious and natural way. Perfect for summer evening wear.

vincy_gal

Tried it on yesterday at the Dior counter and WOW...instant love! It so reminds me of Kenneth Cole's Black which I love. IT seems to have great staying power because a day later I can still smell it. I want it!

Chipa
Chipa

Without Fragrantica and reviews written about this perfume I would have passed this perfume and never tested it. I was pleasantly surprised when finally tested it on my skin.

The dry down reminds me of a grown up version of Thierry Muglers Alien (edt). Both dominated by intoxicating jasmine. I think Pure Poison has managed to blend the notes together better and it's more gentle.

It's classy and extremely sensual perfume. Before I've worn CK's Euphoria but I think Pure Poison is even more seductive perfume and yet in softer and more feminine way.

Nicole79
Nicole79

OMG...This one is an intoxicating sweet nauseating jasmine fragrance...so 80's hate it or love it scent. ...and NO! has nothing to do with D&G RED CAP(which I adore )...
*****
Upate : After test it again several times , i started to like Pure Poison ...
It remindes me a Deo i used to wear years ago , so yes , it is nice and feminine kind of fragrance !!!

. The base it's a bit powdery , i feel the white musk , which makes it very clean and sexy smell *...

eranaral
eranaral

This stuff can kill you :D if you have a heavy hand with perfumes ! A little goes a long way. Very peppery (not listed), and sophisticated. Lasts 5-7 hours and has great-great sillage.
* Can smell a bit medicine like at first.

PS. watch the commercial with the creepy crawly girl and the black jaguar/leopard above. You will get a sense of the type of perfume it is, and why some love its intensity, some like it for special occasion, and some cant stand its power.

guest_piazza dei signori
guest_piazza dei signori

Is it my idea or is this smelling like Dolce Gabbana the original female fragrance? I have eau de parfum which is extremely intense, it gives me headache and makes my nose dripping, but i can't say this isn't a nice perfume. It wasn't a surprise as a smell, i think it suits mostly a girl around twenty, it's fruity, vanillic, it has something peircing i don't know what it is. Maybe we should wear this at least an hour before going out sparring people the dizzyness.

juliamarchwicka
juliamarchwicka

The first time I sprayed this perfume a couple of months ago, I was repelled. So much so, that I never wanted to smell it again.

However, today I went to the shop again, to smell another fragrance, and I saw this one. Regardless of my prejudice towards it, I tried the scent again.

Good move.

I don't know what happened, but I completely changed my mind about this fragrance. Pure Poison is delicate and strong at the same time, just like the wearer should be to pull it off. The blend of citrus is very, VERY appealing and not overpowering like it can be in other fragrances.

Surprisingly, the jasmine is also very alluring in this scent, even though usually I avoid jasmine.

The sandalwood can be smelled straight away and continues to show its presence right down to the last note, which is a plus.

This is deifnitely on my shopping list for when I'm not broke any more :)

janerry_corpuz
janerry_corpuz

I tested Pure Poison yesterday, The sales lady raised her eyebrows and said Pure Poison is for older woman. How streotype she is. Anyway, When I tested it, OMG! this perfume is the REAL SEXY perfume I've ever tried. Alien is no match with this. It's very alluring, sophisticated and sensual. The jasmine does not overpower the whole composition. The citrus notes are well composed. I don't know why the dry down of pure poison on my skin has a little resemblance with hypnotic poison?
It's perfection in a bottle. No dior perfume disappoints me so far. I will buy this one as soon as possible.
I love Dior forever and ever ^___^

This is the first jasmine based fragrance that I can safely call undeniably sexy.

Pure Poison has it all. It opens with a refreshing and zesty orange, mandarin and bergamot blend and mellows into a beautiful, almost soapy but divine floral bouquet before drying down into a rich, creamy and ultra-feminine jasmine, amber and woods.

Now that I've tried all five of the 'Poisons', I can honestly say that I haven't been disappointed. Each fragrance was unique and bold and neither one was similar to the next.

Pure Poison is probably the safest choice out of the five because it is the lightest and the most delicate. Femininity is expressed so well through Pure Poison.

I find the scent to be very fresh and clean, possibly because of the soapy like quality. Because of this fragrance's freshness I'd probably wear this all year round, I could most definitely see Pure Poison being worn in both Summer and Winter.

guest_lolly77
guest_lolly77

pure poison does not do this perfume justice, the origanal POISON that comes in the purple bottle is absolutly awful! however, PURE POISON is the seductive, sexy, male-attracting fragrance! its the most beautiful perfume ever made, just un-fortunate to have the same name as its predercessor poisen. attracts lots of male attention! no other perfume comes even a fraction close to this, its for the sassy, classy woman in life! NO CELEB PERFUME ALOUD!!!!

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

What a delightful fragrance! The jasmine note is the ringleader here, but the dry down reminds me of a sparkling grape. Very sensual, sexy, youth and maturity combined. Lady like and elegant but also fun. Smells similar to Alien. Longlasting too. Lasted for 6 hours before starting to fade. I love it! and the bottle is just beautiful.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Pure Poison in my opinion sounds like that- you take a moderate amount of classic Poison and then wrap it into Fendi edt. Result is very appealing, and I think sometime I would love to own a small bottle of this to use when I need warm comforting, but original perfume. Poison heart is not very intoxicating and detergent like- it's softer, more floral, but still with character. All this is wrapped into gold sparkly, but incredible soft and warm aura.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I am sniffing my wrist with the great pleasure I always feel when I discover a new fragrance that suits me magnificently....

Ah jasmine! The combination of jasmine with the tender gardenia and orange blossom (another wonderful flower) makes me think this should be called "tendre poison"... Alien is my other favorite jasmine scent-this one is pretty and soft, while Alien is sexy....

I don't think this smells poisonous--this "poison" instead describes the perfume as a forbidden indulgence, a delicious but expensive sensual pleasure that poisons your state of being into "broke" or "al verde" or "sans le sou"....I wonder how Tendre Poison smells-perhaps like a perfume that should be called "Pure Poison"?

It's not very animalic, fresh, or stuffy. It is "creamy" however. Creamy, as in smooth and muted, an in this case femme deluxe. If I smelled this on a tomboy, or a man, I would be very intrigued.

Very expensive, but I found a barely used 1 oz bottle on ebay for the same price as a brand new mini. I never tried it on myself before buying it, but I knew I wanted it when I smelled it on a friend. I love that I could spray my neck with it once and feel beautiful-I don't really want sillage, but I want to be able to smell myself, and think "beautiful", and I do like to be noticed....

Oh lastly, the bottle is beautiful. I love the spherical shape, and the opalescence is stunning and modern. It's not as beautiful as the bottle that holds the fragrance called "Tendre Poison" (One of the most beautiful bottles I've ever seen), but the descriptions of Tendre Poison lower my expectations. Could a Dior fragrance be any more tender than this one?

Update:
After deciding to swap this one, I have to say that this smells very clean-a clean floral-The great musky character, and the softness of the jasmine are wonderful, but it's a synthetic scent, as most Diors are.Synthetic doesn't always mean bad, this is both lovely and sythetic at the same time. I love Dior's fragrances most of the time, but I am all about natural smells. I would always keep this one in my collection, especially for smelling light and pretty on summer nights, but there are other scents that fit me better. The first time I smelled this scent, I smelled it on a very pale lighter-haired Brazilian woman, and after wearing this a few times, it made me think about how some fragrances suit some women more than others, even if Pure Poison smells pretty much the same on me as it did on her.

zvoncica
zvoncica

This one starts loud, cheerful and floral... the citrus mixture makes a fresh note but its truly a second guitar in this band.
On the microphone jasmine and gardenia whisper,laugh and whistle... while woods and musk like backvocals soft their notes and make you shiver.

Its a sexy, creamy, comfortable, remarkable scent. Good for all occasions, and can accompany you through whole year. Its strength is moderate, the impession long lasting.

I must conclude it is a pure poison, once you set the nose on it, world as you knew it is forever gone.

julialee23
julialee23

I tried this tonight after sampling a few on paper...looking for an easy daytime perfume. This one doesn't do too much for me, being rather pedesrian for my taste. There is nothing offensive about it, but nothing exciting either. the soft floral notes and cedar undertones are pleasant enough but I am looking for something more complex. This is a good entry level perfume....like an easy white zinfandel...

dancam86
dancam86

Too strong and too flowery for my taste. Doesn't match the concept I have of a feminine girl: there is nothing sweet, delicate or just nice about it at all... I think it's a fragrance for the man-eaters XD

guest_stella
guest_stella

I simply love it.
There`s no other perfume I`ve ever liked so much!
It seems as if it`s been done for me. One of the fewest scents, that fits to my skin and aura.

deeper_shallow
deeper_shallow

My coworker always wears Pure Poison, and I thought it smelled like the perfect perfume I've been looking for - sweet, seductive and mysterious, without being too heavy. But I should have waited longer than half an hour after testing it before I bought it - turned out that, like always with "green" notes on my skin, the jasmine and bergamot went completely out of hand. I tried and tried, but it's simply too sharp and green on me. So I ended up giving my bottle to my coworker, and I still stealthily sniff her whenever she's around!

Surreal
Surreal

Bought it today, im so happy with it. It fits me so incredibly well. It's mature, white, pure, clean, flowery, feminine. Not sexy or sultry but more innocent and original. I have never smelled something like this. This just might be my new signature fragrance.

Annie_D
Annie_D

I never knew poison could be so sweet! I love this the orange blossom and jasmine and such a lovely mix in this, they are soft and seductive truly a poison that many will willing indulge in. The sicilian mandarin is present in the beginning and then the glorious jasmine and orange blossom take over with a touch of gardenia, after about 4 hours the amber and sandalwood start to seep in and it turns into a floral with woodsy-ambery tones starting to seep in. This is a wonderful and amazing perfume, and it is a poison you can wear out in public without overwhelming others.

Malegria
Malegria

I am one of the original Poison`s admirers, no matter how arrogant, loud and obnoxious many people think it to be.To openly wear it - I don`t have the guts, of course, I love it, but I feel for the others.With Pure Poison it is a different story - this iridescent bottle became a subject of my desire in a blink of an eye, and I swear that whenever I will get it in my posession, I will wear it out. Religiously.
When you put it on, you recognize immediately who`s child is it, because the original Poison kisses you right on your skin - not with a vampire kiss, but with a soft,seducing touch...If to compare those two, Poison is a fulfilled lust, and Pure Poison is just the desire... There, I wrote it!

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

Mmm. This perfume is a mass of contradictions, and I mean that in the best possible way. An offshoot of the venerable classic "Poison", "Pure Poison" doesn't feel the least bit old or dated. "Pure poison" features the fruit and floral notes that are so common currently, but it smells nothing like the floral fruities that are clogging the shelves right now. "Pure Poison's" cedar is fresh, without becoming outdoorsy. "Pure Poison" is the lightest of the poisons, but the white florals persist beautifully. Putting this in an opalescent bottle was a genius move- the many facets of this perfume shine like the fire of an opal, yet this scent never becomes overbearing.

perfumes_addict

there are so many perfumes that smell exactly like dior pure poison that it is not even worth it to spend big money on Dior, unless you want the "real deal" : C-Thru topaz, Intimately Beckham Night etc. nevertheless, dior is stronger and lasts longer.

luz
luz

Pure Poison is a very special fragrance. The first impression is that it is only trying to update the tradicional Poison version, with a very synthetic modern floral fragrance. But giving it a chance, a very good fragrance (my favorite Poison).

The top notes are very serious, feel dried jasmin flowers, without sweetness and the evolution is all about artificial flowers again. The dry down is more natural due to the white amber and sweeter.

It really smells very synthetic for me, just like Alien by TM, but I would compare it to the result of modern art: it does not look real, and this is the beautiful thing about it.

The bottle embodies perfectly the art of this perfume. Classic desing, playful colors. It is is not excatly versatile, but mutant: perfect for a romantic evening, a professional meeting or a birthday party, always adding a new personality to every situation. It makes you feel younger or more mature, sensual or more serious, but always confident. Ideal for daring women.

The staying power is very good but not overwhelming, feels close to the skin, but is not a commom fragrance at all.

mmizy
mmizy

still confused about this one. It smells sophisticated and soft. But the more that I smelled my wrist the more I got a headache. Have to try again

essija
essija

Bergamont is strong w/ gardenia and ever so beautiful sandalwood at the end. This is lovely and would love a huge bottle. Could be worn and adored by everyone in the room, "What is she wearing"?? Wow, I'm in love with this masterpeice. Sexy and Soft...

falovalo
falovalo

This is jasmine done right. It has a very clean scent and I think it's well suited for either day or night wear, anytime of the year. Not over powering or stuffy, it's one of my favorites. To me, it is incredibly sexy, just not in an in - your - face sort of way. I think if I had to choose only one perfume for the rest of my life, it would be this one! My boyfriend got it for me :).

snobuni77
snobuni77

I find pure Poison to be very very weak.I dumped like half of of my mini onto my hand & I couldn't even smell it without sticking my nose to my skin.

Maybe it is just one of those scents that I am immune too???

I do smell floral & the very light scent that it does have does last a while
but
on me it is very very un noticeable.

I was really hoping to like this one .Dior is my favorite perfume house & I love almost all of there perfumes.

I think I have to buy another mini because as of now mine seems to be of water & light flowers :(

Elumina
Elumina

Pure Poison is not that bad as i thought, its a nice floral fragrance, which smells alot like "black" by Kenneth Cole, but its not so great that i will buy it.
The bottle is really elegant in white with colorful reflections.

eskarina62
eskarina62

Love at first whiff...
Sprayed myself a few times at airports and knew it would be mine :)
Love the clean sensation as well as the sexy undernotes...
Feels like Lolita and makes one feel like one :-)
Pure, innocent and ... obsessive
One of my N1 favourites ...

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

My beloved one, my favourite. Really pure and intoxicating. Light, but deep and enchanting. Somehow cold and not sweet at all. I particularly love it in winter or late autumn. Then it becomes transparent.

Van Cat
Van Cat

So gorgeous!when the shop assistant gave me the tester I was skeptical...I hate original Poison. But this one it's really my cup of tea!Mandarin, orange blossom, jasmin and amber create a magnificent aroma: sexy and at the same time calm.

Migotka
Migotka

This is definitely my favourit Poison. It is the only fragrance I got from the perfume shop after trying it out on my wrist just once.
I love the composition, with strong jasmine and orange blossom accents. A part from that it is one of the few scents I can't really decompose, since the notes blend in so well!
I got it as a gift set with a body lotion, and I love putting some of it on my wrist before I go to bed, and fall asleep smelling it.
Now I am very excited about the upcoming winter, since it seems like a perfect season for wearing this one.

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

I love this perfume!!! In all my years of perfume lovin', this is one that I have actually used up two bottles of. There is something so attractive to me about this scent. I really like my deep, oriental scents but Pure Poison, which is not deep or dark at all, is so magnetic.It really is a nearly perfect perfume. It has the beautiful florals (citrus notes never show up on my skin so some may pick up on citrus at first spray) and the lovely sandalwood bassnotes that blend so beautifully together. It manages to be sexy and clean at the same time. Not sweet, not cloying...for the woman who loves flowers but also loves a little extra sophisticated something underneath the floral that gets down to the sexy. Can't say enough good things about this one.

shopping_crazyx3
shopping_crazyx3

Recieved this as a present a few weeks ago. It's a very deep, sexy, and elegant. Not really any fruit, but young, sexy, mature, and very feminine and seductive, yet somehow slightly sweet at the same time. The perfect balance of young but not teenager young, old, but not old lady old. I love it =]

scenthound
scenthound

Don't really care for this one. I wanted to love it... but I just couldn't. It made me feel headachy and weird. I was disappointed because I really like the other Poisons. Oh well, can't have 'em all.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

Pure Poison is a womans scent - simple, yet glamourous, sexy, clean & yes, very pure.

The orange & other citrus' are the first scents I smell, then the jasmine & gardenia joins in. The other notes are there but non distinguishable, to me anyway.

The bottle is simply gorgeous too!

Pure Poison is one of my favourite perfumes, and will always have a place in my cupboard.

Definitely recommended!

Christian Dior Pure Poison Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1.02oz
Christian Dior Pure Poison Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1.02oz
Pure Poison Perfume by Christian Dior, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Pure Poison Perfume by Christian Dior, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Pure Poison Perfume by Christian Dior, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
PURE POISON for WOMEN by Christian Dior EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Christian Dior Pure Poison Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Eau De Parfum 1oz
Pure Poison Perfume by Christian Dior, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Pure Poison Perfume by Christian Dior, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Pure Poison fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Pure Poison, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pure Poison by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pure Poison by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.