Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Pure Poison Elixir Dior for women
dislike

I have it: 234 I had it: 135 I want it: 296 My signature: 11

cacao
Pure Poison Elixir Dior for women Pictures Pure Poison Elixir Dior for women Pictures Pure Poison Elixir Dior for women Pictures Pure Poison Elixir Dior for women Pictures Pure Poison Elixir Dior for women Pictures Pure Poison Elixir Dior for women Pictures Pure Poison Elixir Dior for women Pictures

This mesmerizing and magical fragrance achieved the status of Elixir. Floral and intoxicating, Pure Poison became warmer, softer and gentler. Its floral bouquet is embellished by powdery, sweet, spicy and almond nuances. A spray-bulb bottle echoes the retro style glamour. The opening is sparkling and incisive, thanks to petitgrain and green mandarin orange followed by an intoxicating note of orange blossom and Sambac jasmine, with their gently sweet aromas. The ending is powdery and rich due to sandalwood, bitter-sweet almond, vanilla and cocoa bean absolute. Perfume was created in 2006. Read more about Dior Pure Poison from 2004.

Petitgrain Jasmine Bergamot Mandarin Orange

African Orange flower Gardenia

Amber Vanille Cacao

Pure Poison
Jesus Del Pozo In White

Pure Poison Elixir Fragrance Reviews

SeReZhka.Ca
SeReZhka.Ca

Just got it a week ago! :))

Truly splendid! Very gentle, cozy, pleasant and utterly exquisite.
The jasmine is much less harsh than in the original Pure Poison, and there is something "dirty" in it (most probably the cacao) which makes this elixir very unique.

Absolutely love it, and I'm so glad it is still available here in Israel!!! :)

XocoFlor
XocoFlor

The PERFECT fragrance for me. Ethereal, yet alluring. I am 21 and I feel both elegant and sensual when wearing this. This floral is exquisitely beautiful, and the bit of cacao/vanilla give it just the right amount of warmth to bring it down to earth just enough to give it sex appeal. At first spray, the strong floral scent might scare you a bit, this is NOT a gourmand/vanilla scent, but just wait a bit for that chocolate hint to kick in.

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

I finally got this brand new and it is soooo delightful..it is such a bright,clean and fresh fragrance..I was concerned it was going to be a detergent type of fragrance because the original was a little soapy and not as alluring..perhaps i need more time with it..but on the opening you can smell the citrus which gives it a sweet freshness and then you smell jasmine combined with the gardenia...This is the nicest mixture of jasmine,gardenia,vanilla and cocoa i have ever smelled..The notes never leave really..which i really like a lot.What i love even more is that each note so wonderfully put together actual comes at you were you can smell each one and really enjoy it..It's crazy how well blended it is yet each note stands apart like that..i don't get that too often.
In this version of Pure Poison Elixir its not so much just a clean scent but this is slightly more sweeter because of the vanilla but the kick off is the wonderful cocoa...it blends so nicely with the vanilla and you can smell them both more on the dry down....and its blended well together that one note doesn't go above the other its just right to make it sweet but delicate in comparison to the frothy Hypnotic Poison which i love as well..
This fragrance is gentle and feminine and you could use it for any occasion especially spring or day time but its so classy it can be for evenings as well..its such a well made and balanced perfume...I feel so blessed to have it since it is discontinued at least here in the US. This one they should of kept permanently...its delicious like all of Dior's Poison fragrances. Since i know the atomizer can have issue from the sprayer to leaking for it not being so good at being sealed i don't mind putting it on only when i need to spray..The bottle is so Gorgeous in person!..a glassy iridescent pearl. I hope Tendre is just as good that one i will be testing next!

xclairabellax
xclairabellax

Oh my...just when I thought pure poison couldn't get any better, I got this. I can really smell every single note and it's exquisitely blended and has amazing richness. If your a pure poison lover you MUST acquire this before it disappears forever. Everything I adore in the original plus more- more depth, more sensuality, more intoxicating.......I'l put a spell on you, and now your mine.

This is a gentle elixir, nothing sharp about it, smooth, feminine, floral in a creamy way, I had it in the past , and got it again..I don't think it projects much. But it is enveloping, in a soft and sweet way. Not overdone at all... a hint of the pretty jasmine , surrounded in subtle sweetness..I like it, without thinking it is outstanding, just a comforting warm scent. It doesn't have the luxurious intensity of the original, this is a winter version, smooth, cozy, well done..but not sure I find it too exciting!

MsDana
MsDana

I usually stay far away from any fragrance that contains Cacao, but this one has made me eat my words! This is a stunningly beautiful scent & has become one of my favorites. It is very inviting and seductive. Another Dior masterpiece.

LizWords
LizWords

I like this version better than the original Pure Poison, it is richer, sweeter, less gardenia and more amber and cacao. The gardenia in the original is just too much for me, overall I do like it, but whenever I wear it I wish the gardenia wasn't so overwhelmingly powerful. This elixir version grants that wish, the gardenia is still there but it is quieter, more muted by the other notes. I find this scent perfect for spring and summer.

The sillage of both the original and the elixir version is quite good, as is the longevity. I Sprayed the tiniest amount this morning around 8AM before work and it is still going strong in the evening when I get home.

My one issue with this perfume is the sprayer, the bottle itself is gorgeous, but the atomizer does not work very well. On top of that I can't leave the atomizer on it, I have to constantly replace it after I use with the screw cap it also comes with, otherwise it evaporates way too quick. The presentation of the atomizer is beautiful, it's a wonderful idea, but unfortunately it does not work in practice...

shanabanana
shanabanana

The first time I sniffed this I thought it was lovely. Then the sales assistant sprayed in on a card for me and once it settled I thought oh no, this is awful. Next time I was there I sprayed this on my skin and oh my word!!! It is absolutely beautiful on me. Sweet, creamy and so sexy. It seems to work on my skin, I've gotten so many compliment from both men and women when I wear this. By far my favourite fragrance in the whole world. I'm on my second bottle and I'm dreading the day I finish it as sadly it's been discontinued :( Also very expensive but totally worth it!

ice_storm
ice_storm

I tried this one in an airport, before my first flight ever. I tested others as well, but then returned to spray more of Pure Poison on me. Ever since then, I associate it with serenity, with ascension, with the layers of white fluffy clouds above and below... and with a confident, liberated me. It has a cleanliness of its own, it is powdery, luminous, soft, aslo holding a captivating mysterious edge. Whenever I'm in an airport, I justgot to have my dear Pure Poison on me!

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

Oh,wow...this is truly an elixir. It's like the precious extracts of pure white petals ,it smells so delicious that I want to apply more but the thought of using it and never being able to get hold of it again makes me want to hide it from myself ! I get the faintest memory of the original poison on my skin and strangely the vaguest whisper of anise,although this is not listed. Purest jasmine & rich gardenia on a soft sweet base-simply gorgeous.

Blimunda
Blimunda

Would you float on a big, fluffy, satin white, soft cloud over which are falling bitter cocoa snowflakes? In case you would, get on it, its name is Pure Poison Elixir! The best powdery fragrance in history, trust me, one of a kind!

Important note: the bottle with atomizer is a real crap, so you either use it the fastest possible, or decant it in a good bottle which would preserve it better.

Lasting power, aura, scent: all 10/10!

napiergirl

Ever had a sample of a perfume that once used up the beautiful memory of it just wont leave you ! I have tried and failed to get more , it would be available on line but I would leave it to long and it wouldnt be there next time I looked !!!BUT at long last I have it again and I couldnt be happier !!!

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

(I've never smelled the original Pure Poison so can't compare).

This is lovely, super feminine! Perfect for shopping with the girls, I wouldn't wear this to seduce though :)

There's a note/s in the mix (maybe the jasmine & vanilla), that smell a little of hypnotic poison to me. Which is a bonus, HP is one of my fav's.

xocoatl
xocoatl

This one is very similar to the original Pure Poison. The difference I think, is that Elixir is softer and more vanilla-like. I really wanted to try this because of the cocoa note listed... but the cocoa isn't that noticeable for me now that I've tried it on. I think it's just there, with the addition of vanilla, to make the scent softer, more rounded. Elixir is very pleasant, but I still like the original more which I think is heavier on the gardenia and orange blossom (love, love those orange blossoms :))

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Pure Poison Elixir is a very very sweet fragrance. It's packed with white flowers, especially jasmine.
I absolutely LOVE jasmine, it's sooo versatile. It can be fluffy, girly and careless, dry, sharp and modern, very chique or very sexy/dirty. But it allways has this mysterious veil around it.
The jasmine here is of the chique kind.
But there's other sweetness here too. The cocoa, mixed with the vanilla give this Poison a warm, gentle slightly cottton candylike sweetness.
Strange enough this sweetness makes the sweetness of the jasmine less heavy and less mysterious. It even gives it something, not really girly, but quite young.

Pure Poison Elixir is very gentle. It's really well blended, and none of the notes really stand out, it has nothing sharp, like jasmine can have now and then. It's like a caress.
But not a caress from a person I like very much.
There is something really odd about this perfume. I think it must be the combination of the cotton candy, syrupy sweetness and the jasmine.

So this is not really my cup of tea, but I will definetly try normal Pure Poison, and I hope it will agree with me more.
But ah, I really LOVE the bottle! The cute "apple" shape, the pearly collor with the purple on top, it's so magical.
The name, the spray-bulb, it all makes me think of a (and yes, I know it sounds crazy) vampireball in an old castle. Dark and chique at the same time. But the scent does not agree with this image, it's too light for that.

Stanhopea
Stanhopea

This fragrance is amazing, It is strong but gentle, very clean, fresh and pure as the name says. It's like a very expensive vanilla oreintal floral soap thats very inofensive and pleasent. This would be best suited for day wear and at work or church. This is much better then the Orginal pure poison so now that I just found out it's discontinued I am going to stock up now!

nattenoir
nattenoir

Used to be my favorite! :(
They discontinued this version last september :(

Mandalila
Mandalila

Just got this perfume delivered. It's a less intense jasmine scent compared to the Pure Poison. It has more creamy notes of vanilla and a hint of spice as well which gives it that oriental touch. I LOVE it!!! The bottle is like a pearl. But most of all...I just love that creamy dry down, it's so hard to describe..kind of like a lollipop ice-cream :)

shinkku
shinkku

This perfume make me feel an space dementia!!very complex and gorgeous scent. I really love all these poisonous elixirs and I only can say "♥You make me sick, because I adore you so...♥".

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

Pure Poison Elixir.

This marvelous little potion locked up in the white bottle is the cause of me entering the Poison lineup altogether.

A fresh, syrupy truckload of clean, white flowers, dripping with flowery sweetness. A small pile of black, smoky cacao with hints of fruity vanilla. An unripe fruit of seduction and intimate femininity.

A creation by Dior that is nowhere to be seen. A gourmand floral, absolute, rich melody.

paulared
paulared

I have it and I love it.

stela.murati
stela.murati

I would say DIOR makes the most amazing perfumes out there! I am a very complex person, meaning that I can't buy things and personalize them if they make no sense or have no meaning to me :-p The POISON collection is just perfect for me! I use each of the poisons, -Poison, Hypnotic Poison Elixir, Pure Poison Elixir, and Midnight Poison Elixir,- for each season and feel so comfortable with my self. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everybody :-)

Sensoria
Sensoria

Does anyone know if this version is discontinued? My first bottle run out because of leaking, I lost half of the bottle and I can't find this version anymore :( It was such a great smell, more softer, creamier and richer then the Pure Poison which I own too. But I prefer this one, it's delicious. I told my friend about the Elixer and now she's an addict too. She was lucky to get a bottle for herself. Now we share her bottle because I gave her the tip not to use the spray because of the leaking.If that isn't friendship :)

If the leaking was the problem, what the stores tell us then I should say Dior can make the bottle better like the other poisons. It's that simple?

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

While I found Pure Poison a bit rough around the edges, this Elixir is wonderfully soft, warm, and seductive. I can still feel the personality of the original, but it is restrained by a warm cloud of nougat. I see now, looking at the notes, that it might be the cacao pod creating this effect.

The original Pure Poison projected aggressively with massive sillage, but this one stays closer to the skin and feels more personal, like a "come-hither" scent. It radiates, as if with body heat, so I constantly feel enveloped, but do not feel as if my scent is filling the whole room.

I detect an oriental tone in this fragrance and wouldn't specifically classify it as a floral. It seems much more than that! And while I couldn't wear the original Pure Poison very easily, nor am I usually a big-jasmine lover, I am really quite impressed with this scent!

Norgirl
Norgirl

This one is very very nice.
I thought the Original became a bit to floral for me . , but whit the cocoa an vanilla mixed in this it become such a delight. almost creamy white in away. It feels like comforting silk one the skin . Like a vail of soft flower that floths in the warm wind mixing up whit spices from the earth itself .i feel it almost smells abit of almonds and a tiny bit off Marchipan aswell.
The orangeblossom ,citrus notes are so nicly blended whit the vanilla and cocoa notes , its pure heaven.makes me feel feminin,sexy and strong
It is not so sharp as the original .
lovely endead

napiergirl

Day two and from trying yesterday and finding it to rich for me , today i am liking it more and more . Maybe because i bought based on reviews and had imagined how it would smell i didnt like it first time .
......ok end of day two and i love it ....yes rich,but sexy and like this more than the orginal pure poison now.

napiergirl

Was looking forward to trying this one like crazy ,got it today and it is very rich floral , not what i thought
it would smell from just reading the notes . I like the pure poison ,nice clean jasmine . This very nice but not me ...would choose the orginal pure poison any day , just goes to show the list of notes set you up to expect
things that are not in the real deal .

whiten
whiten

I'v never seen this puffer-ed version of pure poison? is it discontinued?? pm me if you know.. (5 years so yeah maybe?) looks interesting though...

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Definitely a great buy in dark :-) at least to me!
Pure Poison Elixir is such a wonderful fragrance!!! I love the opening which is slightly lemony without the annoying tartness, then, jasmine and orange blossom wrap you up in a white cashmere shawl...I can detect a hint of cocoa, which adds that unique feel to it.
It is so cosy, so feminine and so one of the kind - a definite number 2 on my best-buys list!!! (1# goes to Hypnotic Poison Elixir)
I have purchased it in dark and do not regret the purchase!!!! It is one of the best fragrances I have ever tried. Personally, I am not very much into Dior's fragrances, I have tried Dior's elixirs with a great deal of scepticism and never expected to fall head over heels for them!!!!
Pure Poison is a gorgeous fragrance that I hope will never end up being discontinued!!!

P.S. Only drawback is the bloody fancy-pump that makes the fragrance leak which is the last thing I would expect drom Dior's designer house.
It is like getting yourself a brand spanking new Jaguar and have the engine fall off when getting on the motorway.
Shame on you, Christian!!!
Appaling!!!!

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

Pure poison elixir is THE PERFUME for me!
Feminine, dark, sexy, poisonous, mysterious I can't find enough words to descibe my love for this perfume.
I'm really sorry that i can't find it anymore.It brings me so many memories...
Do you know any other perfume which has a similar smell?

lucifera
lucifera

recently fell in love with his scent,and i promised myself i wouldn't buy no more.*sigh* i want to bathe in this scent! i adore this allmost as much as i adore my gorgeous intense tiare

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

I am so in love with this one! This is so much better than Pure Poison. First it is flowers no doubt, nice Jasmine which I am finding myself starting to like more & more. Maybe it is because of this frag? At any rate , Its fresh & with the added cocoa & vanilla makes it more so gourmand! A wonderful edition to the Elixr line up! This would still be catergorized as more fem than masculine in alot of mens eyes, but I say if it works for you, wear it! This has great longevity & silage! What more can you ask for? It is not for everyone, ( THANK GOODNESS ) So try before you buy! Either way the outcome should leave you intrigued. I have gotten some rather nice comments on this by both men & women who have noticed it. Beautiful bottle that I think I will keep. I normally throw them out when I am done with the frag. So Dior gets another + for this creation!

t for two
t for two

I looove it! So much better then pure poison regular. Smells richer,sexy!

oh_caroline
oh_caroline

it's similar somehow to Pure Poison, but instead of citrus notes on the top, it has dry cocoa, wich also makes it last (a lot, like... 3 times) longer and giver it a stronger personality.

But it acts very similar to original Pure Poison when it comes to sillage, everything under rules of common sense here too. :D

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

Pure Poison elixir creates the image of innocence and maturity of a young Scorpio girl.

She has finally reached the early teen stage yet she is still very young at heart.

Her faintly blushes when stories of dark romance and dramas are discussed because she secretly wishes to be the elegant yet innocent damme in love with a dark, mysterious stranger.

**Girls BEWARE! Do NOT carry this bottle with the atomizer, as it will leak! Keep the cap on if you wish to carry the bottle.

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

in comparison to the Pure Poison EDP, this was a bit of a disappointment.. somehow too "oily"..

njdeb
njdeb

Sorry to be the dissenter here, but I was disappointed in this. I love Pure Poison and was hoping for a deeper, more intense version of that scent. I find this to be more foody and less floral than Pure Poison. The initial impression is good - creamy and rich. The drydown, however, becomes softer and more powdery and sort of reminds me of the smell of dried-out white frosting. I miss the pronounced jasmine that is at the heart of Pure Poison.

guest_eu gostei muito...
guest_eu gostei muito...

Ganhei de presente e amei...é diferente , casual e ao mesmo tempo provocante...amo...Elixir e Hypnotic

Bellatrix
Bellatrix

Everything what Iulia wrote about transformation on the skin - I completely could sign. The same.
Since Iulia said everything, I can only say what happened to me yesterday:
I was going home by bus. We stopped for a 10 minute break. I went to the toilette and put some elixir on me and it was like a commercial: I've passed and every single person (no exaggerating) turned to see who is smelling so good. I was so proud. It is beautiful feeling.

Iulia
Iulia

Intoxicating? (I'm talking about the fragrantica description)You make me laugh:))!!! I've smelled so many intoxicating fragrances, most of them being made in the old style( or just being old), powerful florals and orientals, that many like to wear them , not because they really enjoy the fragrance, but they like the thought of being special, different than others and they like to tell that they are wearing a fragrance with a history.
There , I sad it! Don't judge me, I also like some vintage powerful fragrances, but they really must be special.
Anyways, talking about Pure Poison elixir...It's a great fragrance, one of the most elegant I know, and I've smelled some fragrances in my life:).The begining is not "incisive", it's actually very nice, I like to smell my wrist durring the first five minutes(it's mostly mandarin and some note that I don't recognize). Of course that is not the main theme of the fragrance, the main theme being jasmine. If you love jasmine like I do, It's impossible not to like this fragrance.
The jasmine is so lovely and creamy, you won't be able not to smell your wrist over and over again.It's white and classy. Whoever wears this fragrance will be noted, especially by the man around.It's romantic.Then after a few hours, the vanilla an cocoa comes in. What can I say...it lingers, It's absolutelly gourgeus, you can still feel some jasmine in there and the vanilla is certainly not overpowering. It has a good lasting power, about 10 hours on my skin.The difference between this one and the simple Pure Poison is not very big.This one is more profound and lasts longer. It's great for metings an also for romantic use. Best to use it durring fall/winter.

swedeangel
swedeangel

Its perfect! Smells like heaven ,gentle but still exiting ,clean and soapy but still classy ,fresh flowery soapy and sooo gorgeus!

nasus s
nasus s

Wow! When the original Pure Poison made it's debut I remember sniffing it and not being too impressed. A few Dior scents are my personal favorites, so being a bit curious about the Elixir version I decided to spray it on one wrist while spraying the original p.poison on the other. I was blown away by the elixir- what a fantastic scent! This will be my next purchase for sure. It's classified as floral, but it stands apart in a warm complex way. To me I sense warmth from the vanilla and jasmine, but every other note in the description kicks up the scent into something delightful and hard to describe. Even after 7 hours it smells just as consistent as if were sprayed only 10 minutes earlier. I'm sorry to say that the straight up pure poison was very dull on me in comparison...again.

PS, I did buy this and think it's awesome still, but beware, it will leak if you're not careful with the bottle

luz
luz

Sweeter and more flowery than the original version, but not so intense (regardless its name, it is not intense, it only has an oily composicion that gives a good staying power on the skin). Very good fragrance, beautiful presentation.

Kama
Kama

I would love to this Pure Poison elixir... it is a bit different from Pure poison perfume..it is more richer and in my opinion it is not floral..it is more oriental/woody/floral..as after a while I smell incense mixes with woody and flower notes...I love it...

guest_stasia
guest_stasia

very, very sexy.........

guest_Jewls
guest_Jewls

I have this fragrance, its mesmerizing, very rich smelling but dainty at the same time.

Pure Poison Elixir by Dior 4.21 out of 5 based on 368 ratings and 46 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dior Pure Poison Elixir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dior Pure Poison Elixir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pure Poison Elixir by Dior. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pure Poison Elixir by Dior represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.