Designers » D E » Chypre Floral « Groups

dislike

34 boulevard Saint Germain Diptyque for women and men Pictures 34 boulevard Saint Germain Diptyque for women and men Pictures

Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain is launched 2011 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the house, named after the street of the first Diptyque boutique. Innovative and complex, this fragrance features a chypre "backbone" and the base of woods and balms.

Top notes: blackcurrant, green leaves, fir leaf, citruses, pink pepper, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon. Heart: rose, geranium, tuberose, iris and violet. Base: woods, resins, balsams and eucalyptus.

The nose is Olivier Pescheux. The perfume is available as 50 and 100 ml EDT.

Citruses Black Currant Green Notes Fig Leaf Pink Pepper Clove Cardamom Cinnamon

iris Geranium Tuberose Rose Violet

Woodsy Notes Resin Eucalyptus

34 boulevard Saint Germain Fragrance Reviews

silviaci
silviaci

I agree with previous reviewers who say this smells like a candle shop: it does, but in a good way. To me, it smells like a spiced tea with hints of berries and soft woods. It's natural, relaxing and refreshing at the same time. Resins are distinguishable but not too waxy, while woods smell more solid but still very pleasant. They say this fragrance has a bit of all other frarances from the house, but I'm sorry I can't smell anything from Diptyque Philosykos. I smell a lot of Eau d'Elide and L'Ombre dans l'eau. In any case, a well done frgrance for all seasons and all occasions.

ccbaudoin
ccbaudoin

This is like a new and old friend, i need it, i want it and i like it a lot. Great for day to day (work) or a nice dinner date. super versatile but never boring. Great just GREAT!

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

I wanted to get a diptyque fragrance into my fold so I put my nose to the lineup. This scent stood out as it is quite unique. The rep told me that it was designed to give all the scents that are present in their old atelier in France on 34 rout st germaine. I don't know how well they did, but this scent is a very nice but complex blend of all of the scents in the lineup. It is a bit sexy as well. I can say that it is a definite try as some may find it too busy.

my score 8.5

pjd1234
pjd1234

I have been testing this one. I do have a 2ml decant that i got from the mall so its legit. It has great smell unique reminds you of tropical forest smokey woods performance not so good. I see people voting for long lasting??? Max 5 hours on me 1st hour became skin scent shame and with its pricetag of 150 usd??. It makes the scent irrelevant if it does not perform. I really wanted to like it but its performance is lacking.

K1
K1

Diptyque's eponymous fragrance smells like a bouquet of black currant, a trunk of resins, and cluster of wood and leaves and rose! I mean it! It's an integrated fragrance but at the same time the elements of composition seem to be misplaced by each other, that is not necessarily a bad thing. The result is a scrumptiously woody fig and fruity floral fragrance with brilliant show of yummy spices. Could be a relative of YSL Opium Pour Homme in a way. 34 is springy, joyous, delicate, versatile, polite and daily signature. So cute to be masculine, so watery to be feminine. It's the only drawback.
★★★★

sophiesmystery
sophiesmystery

This is shockingly beautiful.

It's rich, deep. It's a dark green leaf sprinkled with shadows. It's a spicy cathedral sanctuary filled with shadows and the soft voice of God. It's warm and comforting and also kind of cool and introverted.

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Jumps from fruity to spicy. For a wood, it's not very masculine. Smells like a beautiful woman, who is wise and full of knowledge, feminine in a mysterious way. 34 Saint Germain is feminine, but it's an austere femininity, the sort of grace that comes with age, a slow, steady contemplation. This is the sort of woman whose skin is soft and supple, who has quiet, thoughtful eyes, loves deeply, is sort of both female with an animus living insider of her. She's had a child - or children - has given her life to one man and has learned a lot in this time. She's a wife, mother, friend, sister, companion, partner, grace, spirit. Something in 34 Saint Germain is comforting, like a hug, or a long-forgotten embrace. It's suddenly, on a whim, going through old family photos and being lost in a sea of memories. It's waking up at night with tears of joy on your face, because you had a beautiful dream that you'll never forget. It has a traditional sort of essence, like a perfume from the 30's or 40's, when people were looser and the world was no longer a closed-up shell. But then it has an edge of modernity, a lightness that no vintage could ever contain. It has a youthfulness that comes when you're both young and blessed with wisdom, when on your shoulders you carry the world and have an untouched spirit.

How lovely. How wonderful. Timeless and eternal. It's quasi-transcendent. I could see myself wearing this 40 years from now, when I'm an older woman and all the youth has disappeared from my face, from my body, my bones.

dannymunoz
dannymunoz

This is a beautiful, classy fragrance for sure, somewhere between powerful office scent and night out looking for mischief. Woods and musk tempered with an abstract white flower and vanilla, with just a pinch of powder to finish it off. Great for a man or woman.

Martaynd
Martaynd

Nov. 2015- Just added her to the fall/winter lineup. Chose the white capped 34 for spring/summer.

Black cap is all the good things the previous reviewers have mentioned. For ME it is serving as my dress casual, cold weather "statement" fragrance. She is too potent to be anything less. WARNING: A little goes a long way! (Generous spritzing may lead to offense.)
I also enjoy this one's evolution. Overtime, she morphs and I think that's a good thing.
Doubt you will be able to recognize her immediately on a fellow aficionado. She works special things for each of us. And that too, is a good thing!!

Longevity: Good
Silage: good- great

Sennunkainen
Sennunkainen

On my skin at least this seems to be kind of old-fashioned - makes me think of some very old fragrances I haven't tried for years: Shalimar, 4711, Tosca. This is sweet, soft, but somehow I don't get any "character" out of this...

mhobba
mhobba

On a clear, warm spring day you visit a grand botanic garden in full, vibrant bloom that is surrounded by huge eucalyptus trees swaying in the breeze. For a picnic morning tea, you are spreading a delightfully sweet blackcurrant jelly on your freshly baked spiced scones and drinking freshly squeezed lemonade.

This garners more compliments than anything else in my collection, without a doubt. I initially found it to be too feminine and perhaps too "perfumey", but now I simply do not care. It is amongst the most beautiful things I have ever smelt.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Puh, Gucci Envy?? Who's jealous? Out the door please, GE.

34 Boulevard is a triumph in perfumery. A revelation for anyone that got 'that kick' from their early scent / teen days of sniffing the green liquid and liking 'that something' about it.

Diptyque has flogged me on almost all it's offerings, especially Eau duelle that I found hideously nauseating (gasoline-spiked vanilla bomb).

So it's fitting that 34 would totally blow me away on 1st spray. Straight off the liquid pool on skin, I was greeted with a magnificent 'chic cocktail' that screamed; Refinement.

Semi-fresh, yet rich and totally intoxicating, I should have known it was the Aventus 'Top note seller' blackcurrant that was again working it's magic.

But Goodness does Diptyque come close to the Creed Masterpiece; even edging it.

The opening is ridiculous, it continues to stun as the blackcurrant is clearly imbued with all sorts of complimentary decorations that never spoil the main note yet totally elevate it into something else.

There's a Master crafstman's touch of some camphorous balm, creamy woods, a 'dollop' of creamy pleasant thick floral and vanillic sweetness all the way.

After 5 minutes there's shades of green but never turning bitter or rubbery, more shades of some camphor spice - with the sweetish Ribena from the start taking a background step. This crazy take on greens is more soothing than the assault of herbs, lime and pungent or endless grassy fields many Niche scents usually like to give you. It lasts over half an hour like this.

It's a doozy of an Opening that sold me immediately on a bottle.

It only gets better, rewarding your wear with developing cinnamon (astounding here, must be tested to be believed!) - sort of greeny, raw yet sweet and fresh and totally authentic all at once.

Then there's the iris (violet, I much thankfully don't really get at all; the only scent with the note listed that I've tried out of many to achieve this) and amazing resinous warmth.

The resin is a real star here, sweet yet never cloying or too powdery; I've yet to come across a scent that has delivered this note so masterfully. It has that designer 'sweet appeal' but the Quality is almost photorealistic in presentation.

Saffron, to those that are intolerant can give this 'gasoline lotion' smell. There's none of that here at all too.

The wild surprises just keep coming; how many fragrances I've recently tried just appear so anemic, watery-green and simply fall flat on their faces on 1st application.

Not this 1, there's a mystical, almost ethereal ambery sweetness that almost totally avoids any hint of powderyness; yet the smoothness in presentation of this accord is totally familiar. While everything is held in almost total balance.

How Diptyque have done this for their Centrepiece here I have yet to know but it is nothing sort of astonishing and continues to embarrass bottle after bottle of scents easily double it's price even now.

Risky notes such as cardmom, cloves(!) and pink pepper that are almost always deal-breakers for me are Masterfully masked by the authentic, syrupy Blackcurrant - it really is a monster note here, totally overlooked in the Youtube comm.

Overall; of all things that symbloise the lovely lights, glitter and glamour of High-st shopping, this is one of the few scents that truly encapsulates all that joy. Bright and cheerful on the Top, yet deep and decadent underneath, it's the Complete scent.

Forget the Creeds, the Bonds (definitely them, yeesh!), the Indies (Slumberhouse), the Xerjoffs, Malles, Tauers, Comme de garcons, Rojas and Amouages for sure; this is the High-lines 1st must-sniff adventure to tell on the High street.

So after many fables, many finely dressed salesmen and women eager to sell me a bottle of their wares, I've sampled quite a few scents and this is only the 3rd I'm managing to give full marks to but no mistake it's easily one of the Best I've ever come across.

Amazing. Only issue is I wish the EDT wasn't so infuriatingly weak; please make an EDP version Diptyique!

My rating: 9/10.
Quality: 10/10.

Hoxx
Hoxx

34 is a scent of many faces. It is complex, multifaceted and hauntingly beautiful.

You see, if I tried to do a regular note description, I feel I would fail miserably. I tried this a lot of times and each time I felt a note I failed to spot earlier - I could believe you if you tried to tell me any of the listed notes is present. It has its share of spices, resins, floral notes, woods. All of these notes and vibes 34 gives are pleasant and well-mannered. Even with plentiful phases which intersect at times, this one never feels cacophonous to me. It always smells good, but in an assortment of ways.

Longevity of 34 is quite good, but its scent cloud is somewhat personal. I feel this one suits cold weather a bit better, but it is safe enough to be worn year round. Evening and/or intimate wear are the best options for this scent, in my opinion, but casual wear is fine as well.

What makes this scent so good in my eyes is its dual nature - it is both heavy and ethereal, both modern and classic. It is also vastly different from any other Diptyque I've tried, because of its complexity and 'perfumeness'.

In my book, this is a fantastic scent, but make sure to try it a few times before you make a decision about it. What I find complex may be overwhelming to another person. Somehow, I got the best possible results out of this one. As good of a Diptyque as there is.

9,5/10

new friend
new friend

34 شارع سان جيرمان من ديبتيك للنساء والرجال
34 boulevard Saint Germain Diptyque for women and men
ديبتيك هي شركة فرنسية تأسست سنة 1961م بواسطة 3 فنانين، بدأت عملها بمعرض بشارع سان جيرمان في العاصمة الفرنسية باريس لبيع المفروشات والأقمشة والشموع العطرية والعطور المستوردة من انجلترا، ثم أطلقت أول عطورها في سنة 1968م لتصل الآن قرابة ال 37 عطرا
عطرنا هذا تم اطلاقه سنة 2011 في الذكرى الخمسين لتأسيس الشركة ويحمل اسم 34 شارع سان جيرمان تخليدا لمقر معرضهم الأول.
الأنف خلف هذا العطر هو Olivier Pescheux أوليفييه باشو وهو الأنف ل 9 عطور لديبتيك وهو أيضا الأنف لعطور دور أخرى مثل: Azzaro Chrome Legend - Christian Dior Higher - Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Silver .. وغيرها وقد نال جائزة فرانسوا كوتي الدولية سنة 2010م.
البداية حارة فاكهية يسيطر عليها عنب الثعلب الأسود "الكشمش" الذي أصبح سمة الكثير من العطور العصرية المحببة خاصة للذوق الأوروبي ومحبي الروائح الفاكهية بشكل عام
لكن العطر لا يمكن أن يصنف على انه عطر فاكهي لأن الكشمش وحده لا يصنع عطرا فاكهيا نظرا لطبيعته الفاكهية الممتزجة بالخشبية
بالإضافة إلى الدفع المبكر بنوتة خضراء مكثفة خاصة من أوراق التين التي لاحظت أنه أحد المكونات التي تستخدمها ديبتيك في أغلب عطورها بشكل واضح
النوتة الحامضية خافتة قد لا تلمحها بشكل واضح فالنوتة الخضراء من أوراق التنوب والتين أضفت بلسمية دسمة مختلطة بأجواء العنب الفاكهية لأجواء العطر
ولأن أوليفييه يريده عطرا تشيبر زهري فلا يمكن أن يستلمه القلب الزهري بهذا الشكل الذي سيستعصي على أي وسط زهري
فلم يجد أولييفه مفرا من أن يدفع بالثلاثي التابلي القوي "القرفة – القرنفل – الهيل"
صراع يجب أن يحسمه أوليفييه لصالح القلب الزهري وليس هناك أروع من الفلفل الأحمر المنعش الحلو الذي أشعر أن التحامه مع الهيل أنتج رائحة فريدة روضت بسلاسة وسهولة عنفوان القرنفل والقرفة شديدا اللذوعة والحرارة لتصبح الأجواء هادئة دافئة دسمة حلوة.
قفزات متسارعة من التيوب روز ليسبق خماسي القلب الزهري ويندمج ببراعة مع ما وصلت إليه الافتتاحية من ملائمة وتقارب مع طبيعة التيوب روز لهذا يمكن أن تظن أنه غير موجود لأن توليفة الافتتاحية أنتجت رائحة شبيهة به لولا اللمحات الخشبية الفاكهية فالكشمش الأسود أراه ما يزال ممتدا لما بعد الافتتاحية
ذوبان التيوب روز بهذا الشكل كان في صالح زهرة الجيرانيوم ذات الطبيعة التي تميل للفاكهية التي دعمت الكشمش بشكل رائع وأدخلت العطر إلى البيئة التشيبرية
الورود الحمراء ستساعد على اطلاق رائحة هذا المزيج الثقيل غير أن طبيعتها السويتية ستحتاج معاونة من زهرة السوسن "الأيرس" المنعشة الباردة
أما البنفسج القوي الخشبي شديد الرصانة فسيكون نقطة العبور لقاعدة العطر الخشبية الراتنجية الثقيلة
المدعومة بنوتة خضراء كافورية نفاذة تمنح أي مزيج الرائحة المميزة للمشروبات والمأكولات القديمة المعتقة.
غير أن الكشمش مهما طالت المدة فستشعر به على الدوام موجودا حتى في وجود القاعدة الخشبية الراتنجية الكافورية نظرا لوجود البلسميات.
العطر عصري جميل قد تحصل بسببه على العديد من الإطراءات الغير متوقعة والتي أرى سببها يرجع إلى أن ثقل العطر سيجعل استنشاقه عن بعد أكثر جمالا وتألقا
البعض قد يراه صيفيا لوجود النوتات الفاكهية الزهرية
وآخرون سيفضلونه شتاءا لثقله وأجواءه الراتنجية التابلية الخشبية السويتية
ثبات العطر وفوحانه ممتاز
والعطر بشكل عام يأخذ تقييم لن يقل عن ال 9/10

deb.martinez
deb.martinez

I agree with the review that said this is a mix of leftovers...lol. I find it to be very unappealing. I would not pay for this. I guess I'm not into niche...and that's fine by me!

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Beautiful opening, elegant and stylish! It makes me feel in harmony .... unisex fragrance perfectly elegant! It opens to reveal almost immediately its imposing character and determined! turns warm, woody, resinous ... very nice! Quite complex, every note is in harmony with the other without prevailing too. It 'a scent quite versatile, elegant, sophisticated with a good sillage and longevity very good! (8-10 hours). Recommended for the days of the fall or winter. Great perfume, advice!

Sillage: 7/10
Scent: 8.5/10

Overall: 8.5/10

scentnewbie
scentnewbie

Help! I bought a bottle of this a few years ago and loved it. I recently ordered another bottle. Both purchases were made online from the Diptyque site. The first bottle was darker, almost a blackish purpleish color. My new bottle is clear/yellow. There's something missing from the new scent, though I lack the vocabulary to describe it. It's just not the same as the one I loved from a few years ago. Did it change?

synaesthesia
synaesthesia

This has to be my all time favourite scent. It's just beautiful. The green notes are balanced beautifully with a creamy sweetness. It's clean, comforting and smells expensive!I normally despise any fruity notes in perfume, but the blackcurrant is quite welcome here. I wear it in the evening, I wear it in the day - I can't imagine anyone finding it offensive, ever. That's not to say it's boring or 'safe', it's complex and quite intoxicating. Longevity is excellent, sillage is good - it's not a fragrance that smacks you in the face, rather it makes people lean in close, murmuring "Mmmm, you smell amazing, what IS that?". The bottle and packaging are beautiful too!

acidnbase
acidnbase

My first Diptyque and probably my favorite from this house.. It's a complex but well balanced blend of floral and woody notes with some spices.. I would say it's a formal-casual, modern yet classic type of scent.. It smells rich to say the least! Well done, Diptyque!

Les Half-pug Parfumers
Les Half-pug Parfumers

The first time I tried 34 Boulevard St Germain was in December at Space NK in Princes Square while I was taking an indulgent rest from the anxiety of Christmas shopping. I remember the experience vividly as I wasn't quite sure what I was smelling. I was being hit by different notes in quick succession. My eyes darting wildly from side to side as my brain struggled to interpret each individual scent. Grapefruit, blackcurrant, fig leaf (for a fleeting moment it becomes Philosykos). Then flowers reveal themselves, hints of tuberose, rose and geranium. All of these lovely notes resting on a deep, woody, resinous base. I didn't know what to think as I stood there sniffing away at the smelling strip. There was simply too much to take in so as soon as the sales person turned her back I liberally doused myself in it, snood and all.

Next I wandered round the rest of Princes Square feeling rather wonderful in my cape of 34, becoming more and more enamoured with each deep inhale of the rich woody vapour, unable to concentrate on anything else.

I left the warmth of the shopping centre for the crowds and drizzle on Buchanan street. Looking at the hopeless crushed expressions of other Christmas consumers I decided to abandon my task and do it at home online. My ambitions may have been thwarted but my spirits were far from broken. I had found a new fragrance that I loved.

By the time I was on the train home the perfume had dried down and I reached a zen like state.

After that there was no going back. It has become a wardrobe staple for le half-pug et moi. Goes with anything, would suit anyone (man or beast), any time of any day. Contemporary, chic and unusual.

Rerik
Rerik

34 is my favorite number.
So I had to get this perfume.
34 smells to me fruity floral with a woody background.
Black currant is very prominent in this fragrance.
I would recommend this for summer use, because I get more the fresh fruity floral notes.
Very nice perfume. It smells rich and complex.
Projects enormous, a modern Powerhouse.

rockegg
rockegg

Another one for my wish list. It may be fairly new but it's a timeless, crisp, androgynous scent that I can get obsessive about.

Edit: I bought the solid perfume and I don't recommend it. It doesn't smell exactly the same as the spray, more like a craft store, and the staying power is not great. Also it made my skin itch a bit, but I do have some sensitivities. I wish I had bought a spray but the solid compact is so cute and I thought it would be good for traveling.

DR521
DR521

34 Boulevard Saint Germain starts with a blackcurrant note and ivy, with a fizz of citrus for a few seconds and then immediately the woods come in, plus what reads to me as a spicy vanilla. The woods is that ubiquitous warm woody molecule, rounded in feel, but it's in balance with what smells like a sweet vanilla blended with increasingly evident opoponax and styrax. So the overall feel is a heart of blackcurrant enveloped in a soft, cashmere-like cloud of vanilla woods and spices. As soon as sweetness threatens to overwhelm the composition is kept in balance by an almost vinegary tartness, which heralds an onslaught of spice-particularly cinnamon (styrax?). For me the rose, geranium, tuberose, and iris make a soothing and lovely foil for the spice. This phase lasts a good long while, eventually giving way to a surprising eucalyptus note in the base which casts a luminous glow on the spices, resins, and woods. There is definitely a chypre effect, possibly due to this vinegar note, yet the dominant feel is spicy oriental.

34 is a strange blend, sophisticated in its balance and contrasts, and unquestionably modern in its enveloping feel, with great sillage and projection, maintaining its phases distinctly for 4-5 hours, yet always with the prudent good taste not to offend. The appeal of the scent is that it's comforting and almost--but not quite--foody, enveloping yet not at all overwhelming. It's very noticeable, but at the same time it lacks a certain distinction, even though this blackcurrant vanilla spice rose tuberose iris creme is quite identifiable in its construct. But it all morphs and shifts around and stays interesting without becoming a singular accord. It doesn't advertise itself, yet you still notice it while you are wearing it.

In some ways 34 goes further than the other EDTs and EDPs of Diptyque and is more of a real perfume composition. There is a strong relationship to 34's resins and the resins in Volutes EDP formulation, however I think I like the complexity of this one better--it's got the iris opoponax and styrax, replaced the myrrh with Eau Duelle EDPs vanilla, with that pretty blackcurrant increasingly enveloped by rosy florals on top to sweeten the whole thing. The vinegar to restrain the sweet is a wonderful touch and complex for the nose, and may be how I am identifying it's chypre effect, as it lacks the classic richness of the bergamot/labdanum/oakmoss and instead seems to be created by lemon-mandarine/opoponax/ivy. Its nice and unexpected.

There is something about 34 that suggests a muddle, or that it lacks personality. Yet when you look more closely it is a constructed muddle, with an intelligence behind it. This is not a boring scent, but it is difficult to hang your hat on it. You could smell it a hundred times and not have the 'a ha! that's 34!' moment--maybe because it achieves its story of capturing the well known icons of Diptyque so well. Wearing it I keep recognizing other scents from the company line. But when you deconstruct it, there's an impressive intelligence. It would be nice if it lasted longer, it's a refined EDT with a old style sophistication but modern tenacity.

34 could be a woody feminine or warm spicy masculine. For me it requires a bit of elegance--no workout clothes with this one--it's incongruous. A fall/winter fragrance for a cashmere sweater or wrap, or with a crisp white shirt or LBD. It's quietly assertive, like a person who never shouts yet always seems to get what they want, living a life of good taste effortlessly. It's very french.

Chanel 1932 in some ways reminds me of this, not the actual smell of it, but the bland impression it leaves, while remaining complex and always sophisticated. 34 is more modern, more versatile, and maybe a bit weirder because of its story. I think its really interesting and merits wearing for its intellectual credentials, which are high.

Lana148
Lana148

Spicy-woody-floral.

This is an easy, harmonious creation, completely unisex. This feels light and sporty, almost like delicious, airy, spicy cologne.

Very likable, versatile, everyday fragrance.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Warn and cozy. Dominated by cinnamon and woodsy notes. My nose does not pick up any florals. More masculine than feminine IMO. I see it more as an Oriental Spicy not a Chypre. Longevity is excellent and silage is a bit above average. It reminds me of Meharees but not as special. This is my favorite from the house but I doubt if I pursue purchasing it.

Hassan Nasrallah
Hassan Nasrallah

Simply this is the best formal-casual , classic-modern , sport-chick perfume , i cannot forget oldies when i use it yet it doesn't let me feel it is classic , i wear it in day and night , wintery very warm and calm , i love it .

williamvargas
williamvargas

Just got around to testing this, out... my first impressions is a beautiful soft scent , some spicy quality to it that I like, the opening was a definite ok ..nice..a bit strong at first sort of fooled me a bit on what the scent would actually be. so quickly this seems to really tame down to just a very nice aroma, it does seem to change a bit as it finds it's transformation.. I see this as masculine but I could also see how women could easily wear this. I really like it.. I only have a small 2.5 atomizer that I got from surrender to chance among a couple of others that I plan on trying...this is a more sophisticated fragrance in my opinion. CONFIDENT MAN. I am taken with it, trying to figure out what I would compare this to? I see some listed and I would agree with a lot of the observations..so maybe not one I could pinpoint. could be different on others. I like that aspect.. overall I am impressed with this one. longevity on me seems quite good, and glad I tried it. I did see a review on you tube about this that sort of tempted me to try it out.
prices are a little high.. I would own this though. maybe a future time or perhaps buy a larger sample to wear when I feel like this type of scent.
it is one that could make me change another fragrance along this line and upgrade for this..two thumbs up for me.

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

The EDT is way too sharp upon initial spray (like a lemon/pine cleaning product) and while I love the spicy woody rose drydown, it is not worth suffering through the first hour. Strangely, I find the solid perfume version to be absolutely perfect. It gives a much smoother impression of the scent and allows the spices to rule, which I prefer. I also love using the solid 34 perfume in conjunction with Volutes and Eau Duelle.

Strappyshoo
Strappyshoo

I have been stopped by four people in the last week asking me what fragrance I am wearing and it is this, the intriguing 34. I loved it on first squirt, the dry down left me unimpressed but now, a week in, I am starting to form an attachment! The top notes are exquisite, I just wish (unusually for me) that it was more linear, the dry down is a bit meh. Having said that, it is a grower and one that I think will become a favourite. What I'm trying to say is, give it a chance, it's not spectacular but it is very very good :-)

cytherian
cytherian

This is a very nice warm, woody, spicy floral, powdery amber/balsam fragrance. It's wonderfully intense upon first spray and then dries down rather pleasant and smooth. When I let it loose, after a few moments I found myself struck with déjà-vu. I couldn't put my finger on it at first, but then... later I realized that "balsam" is similar to "amber", both being resins. And then I had it--Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense.

While Prada APHI isn't a mirror image of 34 Blvd, it's quite close once the Prada dries down. I placed the fragrances on two hands. After 30 minutes I'd sniff one, then the other. I was amazed at how close they are. Where they differ notably is that 34 Blvd has a floral heart and Prada APHI has patchouli. But both of those components are muted enough to let the others speak louder, in a chorus that is quite close.

I noticed several people saying how this is a bit more of a masculine fragrance than unisex, but I still think both men and women can pull this off.

Of course, being a flagship Diptyque fragrance 34 Blvd is quite expensive. And so... I'm happy I opted for just a 12ml spray. I did do some more subsequent wearings and while I enjoy it, I feel there isn't enough of a distinction in its composition to warrant the retail price.

Fragrance: 8.5/10, Longevity: 7/10, Value: 6.7/10.

This is pretty good. It has some of the qualities of L'Eau Diptyque's cinnamon and clove without the same focus on these notes, the heaviness and creamy base of sandalwood.
This is however woody and floral too and has a nice dry down, which lasts on my skin well. I think 34 Boulevard saint Germain will also take a few tries to form a solid opinion and get more of the complexities from it.
I'm not sure I'd wear this but I wasn't repelled so further investigation is required.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Warm, cozy and beautiful!
A very nice spicy floral scent, i feel a slight fruity opening and in seconds cinnamon with cloves mingled with an almost powdery feeling in amazing, a accurate measurement.
In drying i get some woods and warm touches, but creamy and little resin too ,summarizing an example of spices and flowers combined in a balanced way beyond exotic.

Rating: 8,5/10

KC1998
KC1998

I like this line but is not my go to perfume. I bought it thinking that this is something my husband and I could share. Yes, I like masculine perfumes but I am not sure if this was right for me. I think it smells better on my husband but he has his own fav perfumes.

[email protected]
bluemistkdk@yahoo.com

I received a sample of this and was very excited to try it, however, on me, it smells like Pledge lemon furniture polish. I got no development, just Pledge for about 6 hours. I had to wash it off. This made me sad, as I usually adore Diptyque. Maybe the next one...

Gilsan
Gilsan

I do like the scent of this but on me (a woman) it smells like a mens collogne.... And I do like dark woody scents. Going to try it on my husband maby that would work.

Its a weird scent because its a mix betwein a oldlady scent and a bossmens collogne...

Update; my husband tryed it it was better on him but it was to much flowers for him.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

PERHAPS SAINT GERANIUM?

Flowers. And more flowers. And even more flowers. Maybe way, way back I detect a wood, or a lone clove.

It's long lasting with good projection. Too bad I dislike it so much.

To my nose it's a walk thru the fragrance section of a low rent department store.

antonymarlowe09
antonymarlowe09

This is my 'night out' scent. Warming, sensual and, yes, ever changing. I love that scent is such a personal thing and there is no right or wrong, and each scent reacts to you and you to it in such an individual way. And No. 34 and me together are those things perhaps I dream of being.....yes, warming, sensual, ever changing......or as some may have it, a bit of a muddle and mildly chaotic! What I do know is that I feel so good in it and it gets more compliments than I've had for any scent of mine - Channel Cdr coming a distant second. Perhaps the feel good factor brings on the compliments? Anyway, we work together and that's all that matters in the end. It's not straightforward, as is clear from the posts, and I would definitely try first. For those about to fall in love a little welcome!

SuperUltraFabulous
SuperUltraFabulous

A feminine biased fragrance that, while plesent, won't blow your mind with a sophisticated note structure or especially organismal rendition of any of it's facits. I like it, but I don't exactly want to run out and buy it. Longevity it very good. Projection is just right. :-)

harith
harith

A nice, comfortable day scent but i have a great problem for its projection and longevity on my skin... Nonetheless give it a try as projections are personal and subjective.

MLK
MLK

This was my introduction to Diptyque, it was love at first smell. Spicy and warm at first, but then becomes softer. My husband also loves this fragrance. Very easy to wear, not overpowering and doesn't give me a headache. Now I am addicted to Diptyque perfumes and have started to collect more. This fragrance can also be mixed with Tam Dao as they both have similar notes.

yvonne961
yvonne961

agree with what suzrwin said,
this has a headstrong opening(clove, woody, cinnamon...)
but in 1 hour's time it gradually turn into something fresh floral(i seldom met such composition so it's curious to me), like when you walk a path where it begins with bushes and trees at sides, but as you walk, you can see here and there are many sweet unknown pretty flowers, and they're especially eye-catching in the deep green woody background.
however, i find this to be a little bit bewildered on human, i personally feel it more suitable for a space or interior aroma.

suzrwin
suzrwin

34 starts off spicy, but quickly develops a Volutes vibe to it (surprised to not see tobacco flower in the scent notes). Fortunately, and since I'm not a big tobacco flower fan, this part quickly fades into the spicy, slightly floral drydown. It's a rather pleasant, generic scent...not full bottle worthy for me, but I'll definitely use up the two sample vials I was given.

A dab'll do you on this one...Otherwise, it will be far too heavy to bear, especially in the opening....

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

*34 Boulevard Saint Germain - Diptyque

I guess most of the people here would like this perfume, launched by Diptyque to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the bran - house that i really like!!!

Multifaceted itself, this scent opens with smooth cinnamon and cloves, light powdery aldehydes, little bit of black currants and some leaves too.

Then it gets very chic and totally changes, forgetting the opening part, the iris shows yourself soft and delicate, the creaminess of tuberose appears plus a green floral accord of violet.

Its dry is very good with some light resinous woody nuances.

I would say that this perfume is "less is more".
We can see a "puzzle" with beautiful and multifaceted developments whereas small intensities of each notes make a whole lot of luxurious, density and complexity.

Très chic, but not formal - easy to wear.

Just Perfect!

:D

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

Some of my colleagues said that is more to "Arabian perfume"...yes I admit it! But It gives comfort feeling, and lingering on and on with moderate sillage, so it is not offense. For me, it is a good perfume and I like it!

bronstein
bronstein

At first sniff you seem to find yourself in a perfume shop, with hundreds of scents creating an overkill of scents. After a while this one appears to be a mixture of all previous fragrances by Diptyque. With no character on its own, this one cannot be recommended.

Axum
Axum

When I got into perfume, I'd read blog reviews, then go out and smell. Now I smell (and buy), then read the blogs.

In the case of 34 Blvd St Germain, I'm glad to have changed my habits. Upon its release in 2011, this fragrance was panned by bloggers, frustrated in their desire for something bold, in keeping with their sense of what Diptyque ought to represent.

I knew nothing of all this when I wandered into the little shop in London. I smelled l'Ombre dans l'Eau, Eau Duelle, and Tam Dao (all darlings of bloggers), and while they were ok, the bottle I walked out with was 34 Blvd St Germain.

I seem to like 34 for the same reasons that the bloggers disliked it. Yes, it is a cocktail of notes - they rise and subside from the time you first spray on your skin through the dry down, and beyond; but no single note ever claws its way over the others; they all remain in play. I find it fairly easy to wear, like a close friend in front of whom you can be completely yourself, and know you will be accepted.

34 is unisex in the sense of a masculine that a woman wants to wear, and is versatile enough to travel with.

Update: I recently sniffed the 'lighter version' of this fragrance - it's significantly different. As it is much lighter and cologne-like, it will probably sell well, but it has far less character than the original.

pipernigrum
pipernigrum

In Hungary there is a very delicious food called "szilvás gombóc" in english: plummy dumplings. This dessert is a potato dumplings, inside which there are plums with cinnamon and sugar. Once the dumplings are cooked sprinkled with breadcrumbs, sugar and vanilla. This fragrance opens with exactly the same smell like this dessert. Hot steaming plum dumplings. A few hours later the edges are faded, and they give the space to the sophisticated dark mauve texture. This same time silky and dry mellow base covered by a refined powder, wich sometimes shimmering in pink and green colors. These beautiful soothing chords remains with us for hours, ensuring a divine comfort feeling to the perfume wearer. Diptyque's 34 boulevard Saint Germain is one of my top 5 fragrance. Fantastic parfume! I Love it!

oliver1h
oliver1h

I just want to note that (in my opinion) this is not a unisex fragrance. I think it is for the ladies...well anyways if you are a male, i think you should sample it before buy. Besides i really like this perfume. You can tell this is really a high quality product.

akats
akats

Mild spicy woody with green character. Very complex and makes impression. A beautiful fragrance for men and women together. So versatile. On my skin is a bold chypre with prominent woody notes. I get cardamon and pepper, some florals vaguely and a light smokyness that I love because it never becomes a masculine or a heavy dry smell. This is so sexy for dynamic women. Well... I thought. This may be not a unisex pefume. I was wrong. On my husband's skin, turns to be a real masterpiece! Reveals itself completely. More complex more bold and strong. It adds a minty note,(eucalyptus I suppose...) and I envy him. This is wonderful. I would buy this just to have an everyday fight about who will be sprayed first...

Francop
Francop

Beautiful and unique green woody scent; on my skin the blend of notes mix each other up but if you try the candle, you can appreciate all notes separately like in a grand symphonic orchestra.

A must for any perfume lover.

Big thumbs up...!!!

Grottola
Grottola

Not bad, but not great either.

I like 34 boulevard Saint Germain because it's a chypre; it smells like one, the "chypre smell" is right there up front. However, it also has a powdery, "pink" rosewood quality that I've smelled in chypres before... namely Bel Ami by Hermes and Bottega Veneta. So, while 34BSG may be a well-made, quality fragrance that lasts a while, I can't really justify the price when I've already smelled cheaper alternatives that smell better, in my opinion.

Diptyque 34 BOULEVARD SAINT GERMAIN is a complex woody oriental perfume which manages to roll together a surprising number of relatively intense scents into a coherent whole. Different notes are salient at different times and this is not according to any consistent progression or development. Perhaps this is a post-modern perfume?

At moments, 34 seems more oriental, then suddenly more aromatic, then very woody with an incense-like edge. Overall, I'd have to say that this is an interesting and unpredictable composition. Despite being somewhat chaotic, 34 never seems incoherent and is pleasant to smell at every stage. A chameleon could wear this perfume well.

spumyland
spumyland

buonissima fragranza dolce legnosa floreale e speziata (si distingue molto bene la cannella all'inizio)
piu' adatto alla donna.
con drydown in stile creed.
longevity: medium+

Winger
Winger

Overpowering top notes, a bit too much spice. But it's amazing it ends up with such a nice base note, and it lasts long. It takes a long warm up time. And that's why the same scent soap is very welcome, because basically when you smell a soap, you don't get the top notes.

Azurange
Azurange

At first I was a little overwhelmed by the spice- I thought cinnamon & cardamom-but also back-footed by something akin to menthol cutting cleanly through it (could be the eucalyptus?) It sounds awful, but actually I find it balances really well, a really uplifting fragrance, remaining comforting yet intriguing throughout the day (well not all day, I do top up, but maybe that's because I'm addicted!)
Received lots of compliments on this one- which certainly adds to the enjoyment of wearing it. Perhaps it just suits my body chemistry, but I find others find it beguiling too. Plus, it's just very classy.

valarian
valarian

This is pleasant and clean smelling. It tends to stay fairly close to my skin and therefore I would only wear it in the daytime. First it starts out with fresh clean woodland type silage and then softens. I found it difficult to make out any of the middle notes as on my skin within 20 minutes I could hardly smell it. I didn't get much silage after 5 minutes and as for longevity well it was gone much too quickly for me so although pleasant I won't be buying myself a bottle any time soon. I did get a few compliments from others just after spraying but I can understand that, it would be a pleasant perfume to smell on someone else walking past I feel it's that type of perfume. Pleasant and easy to wear but definitely not earth shattering!

VeroNiché
VeroNiché

It is amazing how this fragrance changes from the top citrusy notes to the flowery heart and the balsamic base ones. Unusual for this brand. Had a chance to try just a little drop, but I am very thankful, because there is not one of Diptique that I would not like from those I had tested.
This one is warm, interesting and definitely a memorable one.

Playtime
Playtime

I used to work in St. Barths a couple of years ago. 34 takes me back to that time in my life . It smells like a wave of expensive perfumes blending with the wamth of the ocean.

I, personally, am not a fan of fragrances that have a heavy perfume "vibe". In general I like skin scents, or maybe even leather scents. I do though have my exceptions, this being one of them. A real perfumy fragrance that I adore. Somehow it just feels so optimistic.

An ambitious composition made to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the house and aimed to reproduce the smell you get by entering a Diptyque boutique. A quite imponent note list gives birth to a complex blend of florals and woods driven by a remarkable fig-leaf note. Spices (mainly cardamom and cinnamon) float around vaguely recalling other classic compositions from this influential french house.

Maybe a bit non-descript and cacophonic yet somehow successful.

nin-lil
nin-lil

very nice chypre-floral.

JDLNeil
JDLNeil

This scent is wayyyyy too much. I tested it, then went to yoga, then showered and even after all that, it STILL would not let go of me. It's very heavy and bulky. Not a big fan, but seems to be consistent with the other scents. There's just a basic underlying smell that I can't identify, but it's strong.

kdlehr
kdlehr

I really wanted to love this one as I do with L'eau and L'autrec But i didnd get a chance.
It just wont stay long enough on me to appreciate it
Pity great pity

lenny-alex
lenny-alex

i do adore the fragrance that has the combination of flowers,spices and black currant!It gives me the essence of having myself wrapped into the soft blanket sitting in front of the fire,sipping a glass of hot vine !34 is a really warm and cosy unisex frag which can be worn during fall and winter time!Going out somewhere in the evening with this frag on definitely gonna bring a pitch of sophistication and mysterious into environment!

kalynne
kalynne

It's a bit like Santa Maria Novella Potpourri, which I love, but more accessible as a perfume. It's a big bouquet of drying flowers with detectable rose and spice. Drying in a way that a grape gets sweeter as a raisin. A great unisex scent in that on me, it's quite fem, but if a man wore it, I would think it was masculine. Who wants to be neutral, not me! The only thing, it's not as springy as I want at this time. I have samples, but I might wait to purchase in the fall. If there was a hint of bright citrus, I would get it now. Hmm, or I could layer it with one of their citrusy scents...hmm?

catmanchee
catmanchee

long lasting~ love it~

34 boulevard Saint Germain by Diptyque 4.21 out of 5 based on 407 ratings and 64 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Diptyque 34 boulevard Saint Germain fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Diptyque 34 boulevard Saint Germain, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 34 boulevard Saint Germain by Diptyque. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 34 boulevard Saint Germain by Diptyque represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.