Designers » D E » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Eau Moheli Diptyque for women and men
dislike

yellow floral
Eau Moheli Diptyque for women and men Pictures

Eau Moheli by Diptyque is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women and men. Eau Moheli was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Pescheux. The fragrance features floral notes, ylang-ylang, patchouli, pink pepper, ginger, vetiver, benzoin and incense.

Floral Notes Ylang-Ylang Patchouli Pink Pepper Ginger Vetiver Benzoin Incense

Amarige

Eau Moheli Fragrance Reviews

Anacrusis
Anacrusis

I don't know how anyone could not absolutely love this. It's gorgeous! Floral and fruity, spice-y and sweet in a well executed melange of flavors! It's almost edible!

The juicy opening and peppery dry down make this something I'd wear on vacation. Wear it lightly!

Another great and romantic composition by Diptyque.

sophiesmystery
sophiesmystery

I have no idea what a 'yellow floral' is supposed to represent in Eau Moheli. I wish I knew the one word which accurately describes the unusual floral tinge of exotic, sub-tropical marine flowers. It doesn't glitter like orange blossoms, doesn't really have the freshness of roses. It smells like an orchid tree, when the flowers have fallen and are beginning to partially ferment. It's like the smell of jacaranda flowers when they bloom - it's sweet and at the same time, smells kind of leathery, like skin.

I remember at one time I was kind of turned off by the aroma of Eau Moheli. But then I tried it again after a long, long pause and thought this was beautiful in an unusual way. Again, it smells like a flower made of out skin. It smells like flowers on a long, still-warm summer evening. It's kind of bruised, it's a little weird, but weird in a beautiful way. It would definitely turn your head if you smelled it, wafting in the air. It's kind of like a hothouse garden, where all sorts of unnatural flowers and plants are growing. It's a Mexico garden growing in a metropolis.

I'm in need of another bottle.

SwishingtonGrimble
SwishingtonGrimble

I was not expecting much from this and typically do not enjoy 'yellow floral' notes, whatever that might mean, yet along with Eau de Tarroco this is a delight: very natural, very wafty and lasts a decent amount of time with just a couple of sprays.

Calvini
Calvini

It doesn't smell like any other ylang-ylang fragrances (not even the essential oil!), so there must be something else that makes it so sweet, comforting, and breezy.. Any ideas?

Evelyn Orchid
Evelyn Orchid

So here I am having some tea and watching a film while waiting for Eau Moheli to develop, since I've recently received a sample of it from a friend..... I do like it, but it's not intersected by a play of unexpected shifts and changes. It doesn't have a complex development. It is powerful and it actually does deliver a 70's, 80's perfumes feeling, when yellow florals where quite popular and heavy. I like Ylang-Ylang since it can reach some unknown depths and thus create a mysteriuos atmosphere. On the other hand it can also appear bright, summery, almost joyful, so it can develop lots of possibilities and I most often find it very comforting.
This scent is actually warm and comforting as well. I particularly like the opening, a beautiful balmy, fresh spicy start interwined with Ylang-Ylang resulting in a warm and cozy embrance with a woody drydown. But that's it, a pleasing, sophisticated scent that could be more of an alternative every now and then since it's too linear.

I quite like this perfume, because it smells happy and summery.
I expected to see fruits in the notes list, something like ripe mango or papaya, but it's not so, so I guess that the fruit edge comes with a juicy ylang ylang, actually the star here. I like all the other notes and I smell them as complimentary, especially the ginger, not overwhelming.
Apparently a simple blend, but it gives out a nice evolution, both exotical and bright.
It smells like something familiar to me in the '80s, I think the juicy fruitscents, so different from current fruity scents. A bit like original Byblos.

craftyminx
craftyminx

All I get is a loud ylang-ylang note, kind of screechy, with just enough pepper and ginger to remind me of Miracle, and not in a good way. Glad it was just a sample, not a blind buy. Too linear, too floral, boring. Reminds me more of air freshener than upscale perfume.

lat
lat

I got a sample encouraged by the reviews describing this scent as "tropical".
Well, it's anything but. It's a good scent but very dry and weed-y, all I can smell from top to bottom is gerbera flowers.
I'll use my sample if I'm in the mood for that but beachy and tropical it ain't!

bananas
bananas

Absolutely a Summer's day with each spray....not a wet tropics vibe so much, which is what could be perceived by it's name & the Ylang Ylang note, but more a 'dry' heat still with a 'beachy' essence to it. Like a beach surrounded by sand dunes, causurina trees & rural farmlands along a coastline.
Must be the resins, vetiver & incense notes blending with the ginger.
This has definitely become a warm sweet high-summer GO TO perfume for me.

smellhunt
smellhunt

After reading the other reviews I had to share my experience with Eau Moheli which really is quite different. I find this perfect for those freezing rainy days: it turns to the most seductive scent I ever smelled!!! Mysterious-sensual-spisy whith just enough green and flowery untertones that don't take over.
Lasts until shower on skin and until laundry on clothes.
My husband loves it:
lt whispers invitingly but never yells...

Lana148
Lana148

This is ylang-ylang fragrance. Light and linier, a little green, a little sweet and spicy.

To be honest, it's very mediocre and forgettable.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I received a sample of Diptyque Eau Moheli and I am testing it today. The initial spray is very flowery and smells like a flower bush my grandmother had in her back yard. It brought me back to that moment.
The Ylang-Ylang is definitely there with other flowery notes. The incense is definitely in the dry down. Definitely a summer scent. I'm not sure if I will purchase a bottle.

InfirmièreParfumée
InfirmièreParfumée

This is my first Diptyque bottle and I just had to bring this mama home !!!

It absolutely, no doubt, smells like Ylang-ylang. My childhood flower. The scent is so nice, so floral...it captures the true ylang-ylang goodness. Very fresh, very real.

if your are an ylang-ylang lover, if you are from the islands and a lover true island girl, this I'm sure you will like !

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Fresh, green, floral-fruity opening, with bold peppery notes and a sweet, resinous but still discreet base – light, silky benzoin. The ginger-ylang accord is sparkling and pungent, and that is pretty much the main thing you get – you will like it at first, but as soon as you realise that is what you are going to get for hours... it gets a bit boring. After a while you also get some slight, weird camphor/metallic feel at the very base, I guess some "rounding" fixative unexpectedly popping out. Nice, organic notes of earthty patchouli & vetiver – good vetiver. Mellow musks. Overall this fragrance is green and fresh, but with an interesting sort of narcotic, soothing and meditative feel – even if there is no notes usually associated with this (e.g., incense or "heavy" flowers like narcissus or tuberose). Slight sharp red-bitter fruity notes. Fairly evocative and pleasant, but as I said above... a bit boring after a while. Quite powerful; I could smell this under my sweater. Long-lasting persistence.

jasonx
jasonx

As a Diptyque fan I'm very disappointed with the fragrances I've smelled so far in the Les Florals collection namely Eau Rose & this one. They lack the soul, the refinement and the natural quality of the ones in the Eaux de toilette line.

This one for instand is horrible. Ultra synthetic, ultra common smelling and reminds me nothing of the flower that it represent which is ylang ylang.

If Eau Rose IMO is the rose with a boring musky base version of Eau De Lierre then this one lends some smelling profile from Ofresia but done in a very very lousy way.

So disappointed!

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Alien EDT + Chanel Chance fraiche :) ,on my skin.

Chri76
Chri76

This is the olfactory equivalent of the "artificial paradises" of C. Baudelaire but in this case very very natural paradises.
A green, exotic and balsamic fragrance, it brings to mind tropical islands surrounded by clear water and rich vegetation.
Wonderful.

silviaci
silviaci

White flowers, especially ylang ylang, but also a waterflower vibe, probably rendered by a subtle hint of vetyver, sprinkled with lots of pepper. Unfortunately, the peppery notes smell overwhelming to me and the rest fails to impress me.

hadassa
hadassa

Eau Moheli is quite pretty, but certainly isn't my favorite Diptyque.

What is excellent about this creation, especially keeping in mind that it's a Diptyque, is the longevity. As much as I love this brand, they aren't the best in the lasting power department. Eau Moheli, though, lasts more than 10 hours on my skin.

The scent itself is quite tasteful, it's a powdery and a tad spicy ylang ylang with something else nondescript floral, which drydown is nondescript woody. Still, an inoffensive and well balanced, naturally smelling composition, but, in my opinion, it does not live up to the standards of the brand. To me, it lacks something, especially in comparison to other Diptyques that I find to be very... soulful, if it makes any sense in this context.

In other words - Eau Moheli is pleasant to wear, but it does not make me dream :)

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

Diptyque still stands strong as my top rated perfume house. I blind bought this not expecting to be disappointed, but not expecting to be totally excited over it either. In this case, my expectations were beyond met.

Edit: Since this review, I have found a new favorite perfume house, but this scent is still as special to me as it was when I first smelled it.

Ylang ylang and pepper with ginger, patchouli, incense and benzoin is a fantastic mixture! There is depth and character here and is unlike anything I've ever tried before. And it's worth mentioning this edt lasts longer than any of the other Diptyques I have.

Truly a wonderful year round fragrance, with special hints of spice and woods to round out the florals. It's vibrant and enticing even. Not in a sexual way, but it's charismatic energy makes you want to get closer and stay closer. It's somewhat undefinable, yet relatable. Seemingly unremarkable, but far from ordinary. I am in love.

RCJC
RCJC

I am a sample person always on the hunt for the perfect scent. I own only two FBs. One of them is Eau Moheli (the other is Prada Amber, which I've loved for years). It's such a mood lifter. I can't get enough of it.

Elsi
Elsi

I like this fragrance - it reminds me of Leona Edmiston Eau de Parfum, which isn't listed in this database and apparently (and sadly) has been discontinued.

To me Eau Moheli initially is an overpowering ylang ylang/patchouli blast, however it becomes much more pleasant as it dries down. It wears well in hot, humid conditions, which surprised me as other fragrances like this tend to turn sour on me.

It's worth trying (and waiting:) )

parfumeguru
parfumeguru

You guys this smells almost exactly like that fragrance that is not in fragrantica's data base. The stuff you probably have seen at TJmaxx or Marshalls.. I even bought that last month..They are called "POLO CLUB BEVERLY HILLS" Moheli is almost identical to the BLUE box of that Polo Club Beverly Hills stuff.. If not %100, it smells like it 97%... Lol :)

MLK
MLK

Absolutely beautiful from the second I sprayed it on, bought it immediately. Well done Diptyque, another wonderful scent to add to my ever growing Diptyque collection. If you love soft ylang ylang, fresh floral, then you will love this perfume. Highly recommend it.... My new favourite. You could blind buy this one and I doubt you will be disappointed.

chirobi
chirobi

I walked into the Diptyque boutique thinking that I wanted Volutes, L'Ombre or Do Son, but I walked out with Moheli. Why? Several reasons, first two being practical: this EDT (though it's really more of a cologne like the other Eaux) was about 100HKD less than the others, and it's about all I had left in my wallet on the last night of my trip. Second, I don't have anything in my collection featuring ylang ylang, so diversifying is always good. Third, I was perfume shopping under hot, damp and tropical conditions and Moheli just fits in so well with that--Volutes and L'Ombre not so much. Do Son was befitting enough for the summer, but seemed a tad too uptight compared to the lively and sparkling Moheli. If they were both summer hairstyles, Do Son would be a clean, upswept chignon, while Moheli is a loose braid with face-framing tendrils. Fourth, it's amazing beautiful, natural, exotic and (being one of the Eaux) also very simple, fresh and light--unfettered with any pretense of a niche brand, yet all the while mantaining the integrity and quality of the house of Diptyque.

SERENAGELB
SERENAGELB

As jubal said, this is a very comfortable scent. Possibly for me, especially, since I come from the tropics. :) It feels very cozy and homy to me. But also like the beach, a bit. Nice every-day summer fragrance, but I can see it being comforting in the winter. It is a warm fragrance, so it sits very well on the skin.

jubal
jubal

Lovely floral vanilla scent to me, I don't get any pepper. Soft, creamy and comfortable, this will definitely be in my wardrobe.

NataleeM
NataleeM

Pepper, pepper, pepper and 'floral notes' on me... it seems to get peppery and pepperier as time goes on. Loved it at first but now wanting to season my lunch with it unfortunately.

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

I couldn't wait to try it out! Finally got a sample and I must say it IS gorgeous.
Diptyque is my favourite fragrance house - full of beautiful, natural scents. However I have to say that to me Eau Moheli is the sexiest and the most exotic scent done by Diptyque so far.

It's pure expensive, exotic summer in a bottle, full of warm, sunny ylang ylang and florals balanced by sexy incense, fresh pepper and sunny benzoin. It is balmy yet still fresh. It's warm. It's sexy! Not your typical, warm exotic scent. A totally new take of ylang-ylang.

What comes to mind when I smell this is a 5 star holiday in Madagascar, full of wonderful adventures in the sun. I agree with prettyswag - there is some rasta vibe to it...
If I were to compare it to something I would say that this is the sexy, exotic version of Do Son. If Do Son was an elegant, spring-like, high fashion girl wearing white dresses and floral blazers, Moheli would be her fun, tan sister with curly hair who wears stunning maxi dresses.

prettyswag
prettyswag

i love this ..just got this...smells like my african oils..balmy incense....gives me my rasta vibe.....african food , music...and my tan carmel skin blend right in !

Eau Moheli by Diptyque 3.97 out of 5 based on 180 ratings and 30 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Diptyque Eau Moheli fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Diptyque Eau Moheli, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau Moheli by Diptyque. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau Moheli by Diptyque represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.