Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

Eau Rose Diptyque for women

Eau Rose Diptyque for women
dislike

Eau Rose by Diptyque is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Eau Rose was launched in 2012. Top notes are bergamot, black currant and litchi; middle notes are jasmine, geranium and rose; base notes are musk, virginia cedar and white honey.

Bergamot Black Currant Litchi

Jasmine Geranium Rose

Musk Virginia Cedar white honey

Paul Smith Rose Summer Edition
Rosewater
Roses et Reines
Stella

Eau Rose Fragrance Reviews

Another Diptyque that fails to impress. What I get here is a pink rose soap with greenish fruit. Smells a lot like shampoo or even hairspray. I love going to the rose gardens on weekends, and I sniff hundreds of roses. This does not smell like any natural rose I have ever smelled. For a beautiful, more natural rose, I much prefer the drydown of Ombre Dans l'Eau.

po
po

What impressed me with Eau Rose is that it smells extremely natural.
That seems to me a common trait with all the Diptyques I've tried so far but never ceases to amaze me.

I have a hard time with rose soliflores but Eau Rose is lovable, seems to be an even more natural, juicier and fruitier version of the L'Occitane 4 Reines. Really fresh and non powdery but not extremely plain either.

Performance-wise it's a soft one and not very long lasting either.

drooling tomcat
drooling tomcat

This is a green rose scent. Not sweet. It is like you are smelling the actual rose from the bush. You perceive the petals but also the leaves.
If only it would last on my skin. An EDP version it is welcomed.
Like all Diptyque fragrances, although some of them do not appeal to me in terms of scent, you can sense the quality of ingredients.
Very nice.

PerfectFloral
PerfectFloral

A true, ethereal rose, not sweet but heavenly. I detect not cassis but cassis leaves in this, a very nice combination with the main ingredient. Natural smelling, nothing synthetic. Long lasting enough to take me through the day. The noblest rose on the market (and I have tried most). Bravo Dyptique.

LisaMari
LisaMari

very light, dry, woody, citrusy, inky rose.. a bit like a draw freshener.. :(

appleberry37

I own en passant, sur le nil, and purchased kilian water calligraphy and annick goutal le cheverfulle(dont remember spelling) and several byredo.

This is so far the best. Sur le nil is next. En passant is being trashed after using less than 1/10. Water calligraphy also returned after sample making me nauseous. Annick goutal did not last long (30minutes). I loved annick goutal BUT after trying eau rose, annick goutal doesn't follow anywhere close to this. Even more expensive byredo inflorescence, rose noir, palermo, bal'dafriq, la tulip smells like fake perfume after smelling eau rose.

Definitely great perfume!!

appleberry37

Oh my gosh, love this love this love this and love this!!!

This $98 perfume smells so much better than Jo malone rose, or penhaligon's elizabethan rose. Jo malone smells like room spray(cheap), and penhaligon's smell too sweet and not as ethereal. Lipstick rose, une rose, and portrait of a lady from Frederic Malle smells more complicated and heavy. I love fleur de bulgari from creed but still rich scent.

Eau rose is so delicate, and ethereal. Soft floral scents, usually made from chemical compounds- aldehydes- and I can smell the chemical stuff in creed, penhaligon's , and byredo. So far, not in this one.

I'm so sad Korean department store is charging $170 for this...but I tried on myself three times and I love this so much that I'm purchasing this

Catnip
Catnip

I’ve been looking for a soft, realistic, pink rose fragrance for a long time. I really tried to love Eau Rose and even bought a bottle of it. Eau Rose definitely evokes the image of a pink rose blossom—no stems, leaves, or thorns. On the blotter, the scent seemed almost dewy, but no dew drops became present on my skin.

There is some fruitiness to it; I think it is the lichi, which also makes it slightly sweet. In the end, I flirted with Eau Rose on and off, but decided I could not wear it. I think I didn’t like the litchi, which has become too common in many of the newer rose scents. After the gorgeous opening, defined by soft pink petals, Eau Rose developed into a more generic flowery scent.

It might be a perfect scent for rose lovers who don't mind some fruity sweetness. Personally, I wanted something a bit fresher, something much more like the aroma of the actual rose water I use.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

I browsed Diptyque yesterday at my local Mecca Cosmetica and came upon this one. I hadn't noticed it before, and as I'm a bit of a rose fan I couldn't resist. It's lovely, noticeable, pretty, romantic. It does remind me of a somewhat paler Stella, and I only say this because I find Stella to be very dark and to that degree, heavy. Especially for a rose, which usually in fragrance, has some dimension.

I think the fact it's a natural perfume is also a big selling point for me, in that it's going to work better with the skin and its oil, and develop in an organic way. I've worn Stella, as a comparison point once again, in both cold and warm weather, and unless freshly sprayed, remains close and "drapes" the wearer.

I think a good perfume, ideally, a consummate rose, will lend an aura and an easy trail. It should linger without coddling. I find a lot of fragrances to be rather rich and all-consuming these days, and then gradually peel away to leave but a faint edge.

I think this is a great perfume for someone who wants a contemporary classic - something feminine (which a rose is, absolutely!) and nostalgic, without it being a "grandma" rose. Also, I like a perfume that I can have as a signature, one which is versatile for many settings and moods. This has enough character to be interesting and easy to translate between day and night, as well as fruity enough to not become a midnight rose, and suffocate or overbear.

I'm happy to have found this one.

Edit: I have to add - the lasting power of this baby is awesome! It lasts and lasts. It does mellow a little, but it's still present, and has kick. And it mellows in the way I imagined it too - to meld with the skin. It really is such a pretty fragrance, and I'm quite in love with it.

jasmin5327
jasmin5327

Not the typical sweet floral rose scent you'd expect. In fact, Eau Rose isn't something you'd expect from Diptyque. The scent has a strong fruity lychee scent that penetrates, pleasant yet sophisticated. Rose bouquets are fresh and distinct, extremely easy to distinguish when someone walks by with this fragrance. Though I'm not a user of this particular scent, a girlfriend of mine who is 26 and my own mother are keen worshipers of this fragrance, so I applaud Diptyque for creating a scent which women at any age can appreciate. Whenever I smell Eau Rose, I miss my mom a little bit... strong yet delicate, beautiful and determined ;)

spidola
spidola

I was hoping so much of this perfume .... I love roses! But honestly in EAU ROSE I smell much more herbs than rose. It’s very green with no sweetness at all. The rose is hidden among black currant, bergamot and vetiver. The lightness and freshness of it are not of type I was looking for ...

Rose water. Not more. Not less.

Too simple for its price, but natural enough.

Fizzy
Fizzy

This is all about roses, but weak roses.

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

I recently bought the roll-on version as a present for someone else and it's now firmly on my own wish list! Eau Rose is delicious and delicate. Like fresh dewy rose petals. I love it!!

xrayer
xrayer

Rose, rose and more rose! I am testing this today and it is probably one of the loveliest rose based perfumes I have tried, and I have tried a few! It is very natural and smells like an expensive hand or body cream. Rose is not my favourite note but I would consider purchasing this, it is a very pretty, light scent and would be perfect for those days when you don't really feel like wearing any fragrance.

Edit: Although this is lovely it has very poor longevity, only lasting about 2 hours which is a shame as too expensive to reapply very often, quite a shame.

nijntjes
nijntjes

I'ts nice! Let's start off with that ;). The rose note is the most apparent one from the beginning till now (wearing it for a couple of hours). (But that should be a good thing, considering the name!) I do must say rose isn't really my thing. I've tried a couple of rose scents and I like the smell of it, but they just don't really fit me. Thought they maybe would, because Miss Dior (new) is my signature, and this fragrance also contains some rose notes.
Overall: nice fragrance, not overpowering, bit powdery, but not too much (I can't bear TOO powdery scents like Chloe or Iris Rose from E. Coudray). So if you're into rose, this is a very nice one!!!

RosaMilena
RosaMilena

EAU ROSE by Diptyque

Breathtakingly beautiful Rose. Opens with a rush of bittersweet bergamot and juicy tart vine-ripe black currants followed immediately with a saturating flood of soft, tropical, delicately sweet litchi fruit. A pristinely fresh and glorious rose makes her entrance amongst the sparkling lemony threads of dewy-green geranium, which provides a zesty citric strength and additional support to the principal rose scent itself.

A subdued non-indolic jasmine woven throughout provides an extra touch of sweetly refined floral complexity without intruding on the precedence of the roses. A warm, clean cedar houses the entire creation beautifully, while a cozy white musk adds a delicate hint of tender sensuality. A fascinatingly delectable drop of honey infuses just a trace of voluptuously natural silken sweetness with complexity and depth.

The Rose here is poised gracefully between the refreshing cool vivid clarity of the Black Currant/Geranium, and the sumptuously smooth warm sweetness of the Litchi/Jasmine. The perfect balance achieved here between the pull of these four exceptionally contrasting elements, both of which are supportive of the Rose, yet diametrically opposed to each other, is what makes this composition a unique masterpiece. It is both simple and extremely refined. The myriad of subtle, elegant nuances woven within and throughout the strands of this scent tapestry succeed brilliantly.

This is exquisitely beautiful. Perhaps the most beautiful rose I have ever smelled on my skin. Sublime beauty personified in scent. I love this one completely and utterly.

cherie97
cherie97

this is by far the greatest rose scent i've ever smelled. it's a sharp rose at the beginning, but settles down beautifully. it becomes warm, quiet and sophisticated. i was trying to find a perfect rose scent for a while, and this one is definitely the most gorgeous one.

the bottle is a pleasure to watch too :)

Lovely rose, gentle yet lasting, fresh yet enveloping. Expensive, unfortunately.

airwatersun
airwatersun

(from msn-glo):
This just-out fragrance, in a clutch-friendly roll-on size, is all about the rose.
Diptypque is giving 20 percent of proceeds to the Pink Agenda, a nonprofit that provides money for breast-cancer care, research and raising awareness of the disease among young professionals.

kstacy
kstacy

Beautiful rose scent. It's very soft and even turns a little sensual on my skin. Also very long lasting. Love it so much, I just splurged for for a big bottle. Have already received many compliments. Uplifting and Gorgeous scent.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

I was so excited to try this. I liked the initial scent but at the dry down it morphed into the most bizarre stale cigarette smell. Nope!!!

jventura489
jventura489

This is by far my favorite rose scent. it is a rose that wears beautifully in warmer and humid weather however - I find that it is a bit sharp during the winter. Gorgeous scent!

coppertone
coppertone

i would love to own it, however i find it very similar to the body shop's moroccan rose. so i was quite bummed as there is a cheaper alternative to this divine rose

nevern te republic
nevern te republic

never tried a fragrance with white honey as an ingredient

lucisamomo
lucisamomo

very surprisingly longlasting. It is a fresh rose perfume. Lovely lovely girly smell. very floral plus 20% sweetness. beautiful musky dry down.

Motivated
Motivated

lovely. this is a 'must have' in the spring time. Fresh with a lot of rose and furits. Sillage is wonderful as well, and lasts for so long. Good choice for those who adore spring, love and happiness.

bacall
bacall

My valentines self-gift arrived this morning lol! My thoughts as follows: Feminine and pretty packaging.....Open it up to reveal a simple bottle inside....,fluid has a slight yellow tinge....Take off the cap for a quick 'no spray' sniff.....Hippocampal activation - Chloe by Chloe's powdery clean laundryness goin on here.....Initial spray: fresh, rosey and understated - way more interesting than Chloe.....Time lapse..... resisting the urge to re-spray, as the dry down as left me with sweet musk which i love so much. Lasts just as long as many edp's i own. Very pretty! Very nice!

Eau Rose by Diptyque 4.23 out of 5 based on 179 ratings and 28 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Diptyque Eau Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Diptyque Eau Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau Rose by Diptyque. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau Rose by Diptyque represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.