Designers » D E » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Eau de Lavande Diptyque for women and men
dislike

herbal
Eau de Lavande Diptyque for women and men Pictures

Eau de Lavande by Diptyque is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Eau de Lavande was launched in 2014. The fragrance features lavender, coriander, cinnamon and nutmeg.

Lavender Coriander Cinnamon Nutmeg

Lavandula
Wild Lavender

Eau de Lavande Fragrance Reviews

Tom Petitgrain
Tom Petitgrain

Very nice, but somewhat reserved. If this were bolder it would an outright masculine fougere with boots and a moustache, but it's trying too hard to be unisex. The lavender and nutmeg together create a wonderful woody-leather abstraction that veers toward the animalic and skanky...in a good way. I just wish it weren't so quiet. I'll wear it just for myself on quiet Sunday's when I'm reading.

ThisVulture
ThisVulture

If you like leather and lavender you should certainly give Eau de Lavande a try. I find the lavender short lived but the leather accord is quite lasting for an eau. Personally I'm not a leather fan so this didn't work for me, but it's a well made fragrance even if the effect is simple (leather + lavender).

mayberry
mayberry

The weirdest lavender I've ever smelled..

Hoxx
Hoxx

What makes this scent a very special rendition of a familiar note is the character of the lavender itself. This lavender feels like it's a whole plant that's being used. Everything, flowers, leaves, stems, even roots with the soil still being attached to them. It's sharp, earthy and incredibly realistic. On the other hand, there's a handful of supporting spices, mostly nutmeg, but coriander as well - I haven't spotted any cinnamon. Both of those spices add to an already specific lavender note, making this scent even more sharp and enhancing lavender's greenness and herbal character. This combo of plant and spices is what I got all of the time - this is as linear as any Diptyque.

Eau de Lavande has a solid longevity, but nothing groundbreaking - it was six hours approx. on my skin. Its projection is moderate, with a slight cloud of scent, but much weaker than you could think it is. The scent's sharpness can lead you to believe you're suffocating everybody in sight, but that's not nearly the case. I see this as an all-year scent, it's not what you typically expect from lavender or from Eau.

This is a great test for all lavender lovers, in my opinion. Eau de Lavande is not your typical, safe, compliment-getting lavender scent, it's much more than that. I would not recommend this iteration of the main note to anyone, but I personally love it.

8,75/10

PS: Make sure to check all of Les Eaux from this brand. They are as nice and as unique as this genre could be, and even their performance is more than decent.

Fortunista
Fortunista

This doesn't smell nasty to me, per se, but it definitely throws a curve ball. In the vial it smelled like a nice lavender with a little spice for interest. On my skin though.... Fireball Whisky, Hot Damn, Big Red.. Hmm. None of those are vile smelling, but I certainly dont want to smell like that!

Tsg Katie
Tsg Katie

So far my experience with Lavande is interesting...while it lasts that is, its a real lavender scent that you're familiar with but it also has the green smell of the living plant too. My nose detects lime blended in with the spiciness, but there are no citrus notes listed. So its a spicy lavender with phantom lime. A casual daytime scent.

daisydaisys
daisydaisys

This is really beautiful - not really what I was expecting though. A reviewer above compared this to the Diptyque Feuilles de Lavande candle - but I find them quite different. The candle (and room spray) smell quite genuinely of lavender leaves, and not much else...This on the other hand is much more spicy. At first I detected a really strong fig note, but looking on here I think it must be the nutmeg/coriander/herbal accords. Really nice, not at all a conventional lavender scent so worth getting hold of a sample before buying if you're uncertain...

I'm generally a big fan of Diptyque's*Eaus* and Eau De Lavande makes no exception…well, sort of.

An interesting take on the main aromatic theme enriched by a rubbery / glue-y bone accord that feels somewhat daring and extremely modern. Spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg provide the typical Diptyque's signature adding a unique feel.

On the other side the fragrance feels extremely volatile and lingers around for no more than two hours on my skin. This could have been a big winner in my book if just a little amped up. Now, not the I generally expect potency from an *Eau* but this is really too weak.

Pity.

LisaMari
LisaMari

It's lovely and fresh, like a blue sky :)

HUEbris
HUEbris

Too much spicy. if I wear this, it would feels like I became a beef jerky.

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

In 2014 Diptyque launched two more additions: Eau de Lavande & Geranium odorata.

This lavender is dry and medicinal. It's almost bitter. Soon the top note dissipates, the smokey dirtiness that lurks in the background reminds me an awful lot of Dior Fahrenheit. I had to smile. This is a very different lavender and I like it.

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

Eau de Lavande is in the Les Florales collection along with Moheli and Eau Rose and it's available in EDT formulation.

The notes are lavender, coriander, cinnamon LEAF, nutmeg, sandalwood, and incense.

This is not a sweet powdery floral lavender at all. In fact, I think it's more lavender leaf (like the candle, Feuille de Lavande). The scent is extremely herbal; I get a ton of coriander and cinnamon leaf on my skin. As it settled, I got more of the lavender but it remained a little wild and earthy, almost salty! The coriander erred a little too much on the Indian food side for me, similar to L'Autre. The drydown proved very woody. I hate to gender scents because I don't believe in dictating who can wear what, but I have to admit this was a bit too "masculine" to my nose. I definitely recommend this to lovers of earthy, woody, herbal scents. It is a very atypical lavender fragrance.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Diptyque Eau de Lavande fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Diptyque Eau de Lavande, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Lavande by Diptyque. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Lavande by Diptyque represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.