Designers » D E » Floral Green « Groups

Eau de Lierre Diptyque for women

Eau de Lierre Diptyque for women
dislike

ozonic
Eau de Lierre Diptyque for women Pictures Eau de Lierre Diptyque for women Pictures

Eau de Lierre was launched in 2006. It includes the aromas of ivy, cyclamen, geranium, gray amber, rosewood, green pepper, musk and woody notes. Available in quantities of 50 and 100ml EDT.

Cyclamen Green Pepper Musk Ivy Woodsy Notes Brazilian Rosewood Geranium Ambergris

She Wood Velvet Forest Wood

Eau de Lierre Fragrance Reviews

andabri
andabri

This is a very unique green scent. It's starts as fresh green vegetables: chopped romaine lettuce, celery, English cucumber, all damp with water.

Then as it "settles" it goes into freshly cut up leaves and grass, again, soaked in cold water. It's very vegetal and astringent. It's a very watery scent. I don't want to say aquatic or marine, because that seems to imply a certain seawater type freshness in my mind. The water in this is literally like the cold lawn water on a bed of green grass. I know lawn water does not sound romantic, so let me take a moment to be idyllic and liken it to the smell of a fresh knoll of grass, dotted with stray wild flowers. At the bottom is a creek or stream filled with cold, clear, clean water.

This is one of my favorite green scents. So realistic, and simplistic.

The staying power, which is it's downfall, is not great. Lasts typically only 2 hours on me.

matty64
matty64

This is a long, slow stroll through the dewy grass while the foliage and deep dark woods emit a very faint accompanied orchestra. Silage on my skin is good and longevity is fair. A definite keeper!

drooling tomcat
drooling tomcat

It smells great, really interesting, like an unripe fruit. It smells green.
But just like Philosykos, if in the beginning it has a great odour, then it transforms itself into something awful. In this case, Eau de Lierre converts into the scent of the water from a flower vase that someone had forgotten to change.
But because the producer has put this perfume on the market, I guess it is just a case of lack of compatibility with my skin.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Icy green marine scent with a hint of tomato vine. Very masculine. A fruity hint in the drydown but nondescript.

Eau De Lierre opens with bitter green galore. Crushed leaves and other non-sweet aromatic notes such as leafy geranium. Fresh and quite realistic, inoffensive but very likable. Unfortunately it quickly turns into a generic clean modern musky thing with woody undertones to then, even more quickly, turn into nothing at all. Despite the relatively short lasting power, the fragrance is overall not bad but I can't help it from finding it a bit unnecessary…especially when compared to other incredibly solid offerings from the same house.

I believe if they would have marketed it as part of their *Eaus*, it would have played in the fragrance's favor.

gottfried
gottfried

Smelled like salad on me. Like iceberg lettuce with light dressing. Weak sillage and longevity

ateghipc
ateghipc

Great interpretation of freshly cut greenery. terrible longevity. 5 sprays lasted me 2 hours in doors. Will be gifting it to someone else.

Also what gives with the terribly cheap bottle design? I'm glad to see Diptyque is finally changing it.

robg303
robg303

What else can I add really? This fragrance is dry, green and smells like Ivy growing on the walls of your home. I like it alot! Reminds me of a stroll thru a very nice, manicured cemetery, without any flowers. Creepy, but somehow comforting!

WendyMH
WendyMH

Eau de Lierre captures that fresh green scent that escapes as I trim my hedges. Very natural and real. I don't really smell the amber, musk or pepper. To me it feels a very simple, linear green note of ivy. Starched white cotton shirt on a sunny day playing croquet with a pair of secateurs close by.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

I was way too excited to try this...and after paying $4 for a sample from the Perfumed Court, I'm experiencing instant regret.

It was a vial of almost nothing. It was like Guerlain's Aqua Allergoria Herba Fresca, just without the mint. Straight up greenness, like crushed up leaves. It didn't have that cool, tart smell of ivy, that I love so much. I picked up a hint of cyclamen which I also adore, but there wasn't enough of this to ever consider spending such a pretty penny on a bland fragrance like this.

It lasted about three hours on me, but I couldn't wait for it to die so I could put something else on.

hadassa
hadassa

Fresh, almost aquatic green floral. Unisex, even a bit more on the boys' side. Very true to the characteristic Diptyque style: vegetal, slightly herbal, very tasteful; it smells as if it was done of natural ingredients only.

Lasts quite long and has a considerable sillage. That would be a good choice for a guy or a girl who are looking for an unusual fresh/ozonic summer scent.

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

This is definetly a natural and realistic outdoorsy smell. The best way I can describe is like taking leaves and rubbing them together between your hands then inhaling the aroma. But also, I get some slight florals with a dash of spice. Way down underneath the ivy green and slightly spicy florals I smell ambergris. The same ambergris as in Eau Duelle. Eau De Lierre is fresh!!! And what I love is its so unlike your typical sharp, clean citrus kind of fresh. This is more like being outside and taking a deep breath of fresh air while standing alongside a wall of ivy on a cool breezy day. It's not a big projector, but for the type of fragrance this is, it doesn't need to be nor should it be.

Cleocatra
Cleocatra

Cyclamen through and through. Reminds me of walking through a meadow bordering the forest during a Spring rain. Love it! I want more.

MLK
MLK

This is a nice perfume, very strong green, ivy scent. I like to wear it mixed with Philosykos as it tends to tone down the strong ivy scent. Great for summer as it is refreshing and like most of the other Diptyque perfumes, does not give me a headache no matter how much I spray on. Very easy to wear if you like green perfumes.
Update: the more I wear this perfume, the more I love it. It is so clean, watery and fresh that it makes me feel like I have just stepped out of the shower. Very pretty for every day of the year, I will have to buy the 100 ml bottle as I only have the 50 ml and I can see myself wearing this a lot.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

it smells as fresh and green and dry as some Ivy crawling all over a cold stone wall on the shaded side of the house.... if you can imagine that scent, it's exactly that! Quite lovely and refreshing!

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

Oh dear. Could someone buy this for me, like a bathtub-worth of it, and emerge me in it?!
WONDERFUL. It's so wonderful, it's hard to express for me. I get the green, woodsy notes, but I also get the creamy musk and slightly sweet floral notes balanced with green pepper. This scent quenches your thirst, it's so airy and juicy, like the most refreshing water you could ever drink.

It also strangely reminds me of fresh laundry that dried in the sunlight, that wonderful smell of the cotton that absorbed sunshine and summer wind, that's in the drydown. And that's on a warm day - this has the most beautiful scent leftover on your clothes I've ever experienced!
SPRAY IT ON YOUR CLOTHES. You will see what I'm talking about when you smell your scarf/blouse/top the next day. Heaven!
This is my signature scent, mixed with Prada Infusion d'Iris creates the most amazing fragrance to me. Now you know my secret recipe!

It's such a divine blend, a wonderful scent for a 25+ year old, who wants to stay away from all of the sweet traps of vanilla-like mainstream smells or is looking for something else than 'fresh citrus'.
It's sparkling, elegant, fresh and VERY memorable. I absolutely love it. (7)

Axum
Axum

A few reviewers here complain about Eau de Lierre's lasting power. I sprayed this on my wrist six hours ago and it's still there. That said, it stays close to the skin. This is a dark vegetal, tart scent that reminds me childhood days out of doors, crushing plants under a stone to find out what they smell like, the bitter greenness rising up, intriguing and slightly dangerous: what might it taste like?

Update: Eau de Lierre works in a temperate climate, but I wonder if those dark, bitter/sour ivy notes would be bearable otherwise. After wearing it for a whole day, I haven't felt tempted to apply it since.

s_raquidan
s_raquidan

now this smells like sexy cut grass. tying bond no. 9's bleecker st for the freshest lawn in the biz lol. i LOVE this one. the pepper is not overdone (ahem marc jacobs "bang") and is actually sleek and sexy...you wont be choking people out. and as stated in the other reviews....the dry down is DELICIOUS.

IMsooKool4Real
IMsooKool4Real

So I just sprayed some of this on my arm and have my nose buried in it while typing - I have a very long nose.

Let me start by stating that this is NOT a feminine scent. This is also NOT a masculine scent. It is an experiential scent. So gentlemen I know it is listed as a Feminine scent but do not hesitate in sampling this one. I'm sure many of you will be surprised and love it.

The top starts off really wet and peppery. I'm not talking water accord wet, but instead a real wetness. My arm - the one I sprayed a few minutes ago (I type slow) is absolutely dry but I get this fragrance of wetness lofting off ever so gently.

Then there is the pepper, but more about after the star of the show - the Ivy. And what an Ivy it is! It's not a generic Ivy scent but more the experience of Ivy. You can see the wetness of the green leaves. It's fresh Ivy and it's young Ivy. It's early May Ivy in the morning while the sun has just begun to rise - Ivy that's still on the vine. It is slightly cool but that's where the pepper comes in - the warm pepper neutralizes some of the cool sharpness. Warms it a bit. Like standing in the exterior doorway of a warm house while a cool breeze rushes over half your face - a beautiful play of cool and warm. But just as the first breath of freshness when opening that back garden door begins to fade an immediate drizzle of wet mortar behind the Ivy begins to radiate into the air. It doesn't smell like mortar but instead evokes the wetness of stone.

This is no typical green scent - it has 'space' to it. It is not a 'closed intimate room' but an atrium garden with potted plants and a little meandering stone walkway. It has openness but is enclosed like a garden with half-height brick walls. Too small for a large tree but open to a sunless sky.

I agree totally with Sofiii on the drydown. It is a soft skin scent - the scent you might have on your skin after lifting raked maple leaves which have absorbed some soil scent into a paper bag.

Now that I think of it - it is more the experience of the garden and how nice the garden makes you feel after working in it.

Also, one of those very rare fragrances that has a noticeable ambergris note.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

If you enjoy freshly cut crass scent, light musc and fresh air - this is right for you. It slightly reminds me of Angeliques sous la Pluie: same idea of fresh and natural light scent. One problem: Eau de Lierre is extremely subtle and may appear very watered down to some noses. I guess, it's perfect for people who do not like strong and overly "perfumey" fragrances, but still want to be lightly scented.

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

The most graceful and slender woman (Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly type)eating a green salad just picked from the garden with very little condiments should smell like this. Elven folk can still dwell among us in the concrete jungle protected by this amulet (I suspect both A.H and G.K were).
Green comes first in this and floral and musky nuances are there to bind it on skin. Any woman that can pull this off is worth loving (this is a hint to my ex who hated it).

Diptyque EAU DE LIERRE is a crunchy floral green with true unisex appeal. Among the dominant notes appear to be both hyacinth and lily of the valley. There's a significant amount of brownish grassiness here—as in the grass is becoming dry without quite being dead yet. EAU DE LIERRE is definitely greenish, but there's not much overlap here with übergreens such as MA GRIFFE or FUTUR. The overall effect is clean but in a back-to-nature not a fresh-from-the-shower way. I like it.

Although some floral greens (read Gucci ENVY) grate on my nerves as their all-too-synthetic renditions of lily of the valley expand to the point of near suffocation, here the notes all seem very natural and do not grow like the blob over time. EAU DE LIERRE is a gentler, calmer floral green. Perfect for warm weather!

Leo
Leo

Eau de Lierre has similarity with Les Colognes Hermes Eau de Gentiane Blanche. But the Gentiane Blanche is smelled bitter and stronger than Eau de Lierre.

bronstein
bronstein

This fragrance turns out to be a wonderful alternative to CK's "Truth" for men, appearing more natural but as equally fresh.

This observation, however, raises the question whether Diptyque have problems with the sexes: Most of their fragrences are declared as uni-sex, but really I wouldn't recommend "Tam Dao" for women, or "Duelle" for men. This one is declared as women's perfume, but in fact happens to be uni-sex.

Conclusion: Lierre is recommended for both sexes, but for men it's a true winner.

Siv55
Siv55

Incredibly natural vegetation by a river type scent, a day out in fresh air in the country bottled.. sadly (and especially so given the £68 price tag) it barely lasted an hour! Money never evaporated so nicely or so quick.

icekat
icekat

EAU DE LIERRE smells so incredibly green and fresh but without smelling too much like a vegetable garden or sharp citrus notes. It is just like a green goodness, the smell of grass, trees, and leaves on a hot summer afternoon. The cyclamen gives it a nice floral tone in the heart notes but it is not a floral perfume. The floral note is peaking shyly through the green grass to remind us that there are beautiful flowers among the endless fields of green. Gorgeous summer scent! This is the third scent I try from Diptyque and all of them seem to share very natural, lovely and gentle qualities.

The scent opens with lovely ivy, green pepper and woods combo. It is so green, gentle and pleasant to wear. It blends beautiful with the nature too and great on a hot summer day. In the heart notes the cyclamen provides very gentle floral accent. The composition remains very tender and romantic. The dry down brings very gentle woody green notes and soft musk.

Beautiful green and fresh perfume for summer! I love it and definitely recommend. The longevity and sillage are medium but I still love it. (Overall score – 9/10)

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Lovely super-fresh green - yes you can certainly smell the ivy and the green pepper, but I also get cabbage leaves as well! Can't smell any florals, it's all green. A wonderfully refreshing perfume for hot days.

possumke
possumke

The other reviewers have described this fragrance so well....It's hard to add anything else! Suffice to say that I really like it! mainly due to the natural charm of it. The first in the Diptyque line to be tried by me and on to the next! so far so good!

UPDATE: half an hour later and I have to admit, it is smelling a little like the water that flowers have sat in for a few days

Cereza
Cereza

Summer in bottle. Freshly cut grass together with the way earth smells when it's heated up in hot summer day. Very special, very green, earthy and natural. Very comforting and "happy" perfume. Makes me think of lazy summer afternoons in countryside, sleeping on grass, sunbathing, the sun is shining, the grass and earth smells lovely, the air is fresh and warm. You sleep with your eyes shut and inhale and somehow feel the part of it - summer, lazyness, no worries, pure pleasure.
Eau de lierre have captured it, it's very special.
I don't even want to talk about notes, because they do not matter, only what feeling have they made is what matters.

sofiii
sofiii

Juicy green leave just been cut in halves, newly moaned lawn, sunny lazy afternoon along the river are just some of the scenes that instantly jumped into my head upon first application of Eau de Lierre. In the beginning, I can’t really smell any significant floral scent, everything is green as in lush, fresh green vegetation in natural kinda green smell. It is my first time finding a floral green scent smell nice, unpretentious, not that intimidating (as appose to Chanel No.19 etc).

Later on, the floral part of the perfume blooms. It’s nice and shy, a little bit powdery, and really discreet. Somehow it reminds me of Daisy by Marc Jacobs, not in the actual scent way( I actually nearly hate Daisy due to some weird cold headache-inducing factor in it, while I like Eau de Lierre a lot), but similar in the theme, the essence- imagining a sunny, girly innocent, meadowy, scented scentless way.

The dry down is to die for, it becomes a skin scent at this stage. Despite what’s listed here in the notes, what I can smell is like a mixture of little bit honey sweetness infused with wood and a tiny tiny bit musk creaminess. Unless you press you nose near your wrist, you won’t really notice much of the scent.

The reviewer below me mentioned Eau de Lierre is similar to L’eau D’Issey, but to my nose, they are totally different, yes they might smell clean, fresh, but as someone who can’t tolarent floral aquatic, and had headaches from L’eau D’Issey’s aquatic milky echo-y smell; I would strongly suggest anyone, who doesn’t have the chemistry exactly right with L’eau D’Issey, to give Eau de Lierre a try.

Eau de Lierre is definitely a wonderful quite scent to try on, recommended.

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

What an elegant fresh woody summer perfume! The closest to my old favourite L'eau D'Issey than I ve ever smelled in the drydown!!!Absolutely love it! If you like white florals with green, citruslike top notes and a woody, velvety, creamy drydown then it could be something for u. The difference to Issey maybe is the rosewood and geranium which is a stunning alternative. That should be my summer hit from now on! Anyway if you hate L'eau D'issey you ll sure not love this one either...

Eau de Lierre by Diptyque 4.03 out of 5 based on 167 ratings and 31 user reviews

Diptyque Eau De Lierre Perfume by Diptyque, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
diptyque 'Eau de Lierre' Eau de Toilette 1.7 oz
diptyque 'Eau de Lierre' Eau de Toilette 3.4 oz
BeautyBar.com
Diptyque Eau De Lierre Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Diptyque Eau De Lierre Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Diptyque Eau de Lierre fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Diptyque Eau de Lierre, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Lierre by Diptyque. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Lierre by Diptyque represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.