Designers » D E » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

L`Eau de Tarocco Diptyque for women and men

L`Eau de Tarocco Diptyque for women and men
dislike

L`Eau de Tarocco Diptyque for women and men Pictures

L`Eau de Tarocco by Diptyque is an aromatic spicy fragrance for women and men. L`Eau de Tarocco was introduced in 2009. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Pescheux. The fragrance features musk, Virginia cedar, saffron, ginger, cinnamon, incense, grapefruit, orange and tincture of rose. Available as 100 and 200 ml EDC.

Musk Virginia Cedar Saffron Ginger Cinnamon Incense Grapefruit Orange tincture of rose

Aqua Manda

L`Eau de Tarocco Fragrance Reviews

glitchdoll
glitchdoll

Absolutely love this! The hint of cinnamon along with the citrus smell makes this a memorable scent.

drlaurel
drlaurel

If it could have only lasted that amazing burst of just peeled blood orange….the best i think i've smelled EVER! So so wonderful. But alas, perhaps it's my chemistry, because I'm getting that "hay" note someone else mentioned. And not just hay, synthetic hay and an almost "blue" note like you get in some of those aquatic perfumes, you can't quite put your finger on the note, but it comes off as synthetic. To be honest there could be saffron, incense, musk and rose, but they are so mixed and jumbled i can't pull them out. I'm still waiting for dry down but the bulk of the time is spent here in what are we smelling here land. Not sure i could tolerate that for a 3 minute amazing blood orange and a dry down. Already sure there will be no FB.

LeonieB
LeonieB

Starts with the peeling of a blood orange then settles almost immediately to a soft muzzy musky suede, hints of wood and something freshly floral around the edges. The wood is like the pencil shavings in Chanel no 19, and the orange stays slightly bitter and oily, without sweetening much, like..... I don't know what!

The reviews for this one are so varied, are we sampling the same perfume?! is it changing that much according to skin chemistry? or is it that complex a perfume??? hmmmm.....

This really really reminds me of something classic like L'Air du Temps or Arpege, quite distinctive (although it's been some time since I smelt these! but my olfactory memory is insistent on this!).

ravjan
ravjan

Very natural smelling orange turned bitterish and powdery suede. Just the right amount (small) of sweetness. Sits very cosily on my skin. Very likeable and not predictable.

svetlana.kogan.73
svetlana.kogan.73

I would recommend L'Eau de Tarocco to those who love their citruses warm and fizzy. As for me, the only citruses that seem to work are the cooling ones like Light Blue.

Immune
Immune

Orange peels and flowers. Simple and bitter.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Opening sparkling and sunny!! This scent is very harmonious .. after a while it becomes softer but keeping the'fizzy'orange ... is a relaxing scent suitable for the warm months. I mean,that's sweet, but not too ... cinnamon and musk round all other notes. Saffron is this in the right way in this perfume for me .. is well balanced with the other notes. It 'vibrant, versatile and also kind .. The orange ago to support other notes, without being intrusive! Parfum well balanced. Council for the warm months. Suitable for the summer! Definitely will come in my collection.

Sillage: 6.5/10
Longevity: 7.5/10
Scent: 8.5/10

Overall: 8.5/10

cleanslate
cleanslate

This is a pick me up scent. Wish it did have more longgevity like everyone else but it's still a winning combo for me. Not to be taken too seriously. Exactly my attitude in spring and summer; which is the only time I'd wear this scent. Great for splashing on after a long days work and no time to take a shower before dinner or after a workout when you want to hit up the grocery store but don't want to scare anyone. A clean, spicy, masking scent.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

After a very brief clean and bright orange note, this morphed on my skin into an extremely bitter crushed hay note. That stage was quite long-lived, and the eventual dry-down was an OK version of a men's cologne, but I did not find the notes to be clear, nor suited to me.

nero77
nero77

Sweet, fresh orange...

The word "tarocco" refers to a type of orange (blood orange), and it is said that this perfume is based on a specific dessert called "Carpaccio d'Orange" which is a desert across the Mediterranean North Africa region. The particular inspiration for this one came from the perfumer's journey in Morocco, where he ate this desert of orange slices soaked in rosewater and dusted in cinnamon & saffron.

What you get here is a "sweet" orange perfume that is dusted with spices but still smells fresh. There is the sweet Italian blood orange, as well as Bulgarian rose, Laotian turmeric, and Sri Lankan cinnamon bark, Texas cedar, and Somalian frankincense. The is also a synthetic jasmine note (hedione) which really lifts the fragrance nicely.

This smells sweet and fresh and fantastic, very refreshing actually. You have to like orange though... I would say this is first and foremost a sweet, juicy orange mixed with saffron and rose, surrounded by a host of soft woods and some other spices (cinnamon, ginger). It is very Mediterranean and exotic. For a fragrance that is based on a fruit dessert it smells complex and refreshing. This is good stuff!

Try it out in nice warm or hot weather and it will really shine, although it can be worn year round. I would say if you want a citrus which is more "interesting" and which has a little "depth" (not like the countless designer "citrus" offerings for summer), then this is a notch above all that (and people won't smell like you either). A very good choice if you like your oranges with a little spice and sweetness.

smora
smora

Colognes are usually very rigid genre with limited freedom and creativity. Guidelines are given historically and any modifications are very risky. But this Diptyque and CdG Vettiveru are a whiff of fresh air. LEdT is very playful, energetic but delicate as well. It opens up with natural orange combined by beautiful saffron and ginger oriental twist. Underneath is some sweet eastern foody accord that reminds of rose rahat loukoum. Drydown is characterized by sensitive musky note.This is very calming scent, sunny and gentle. Master Pescheux did a remarkable job here.

Scentrack: Thievery Corporation - Depth of My Soul

Rating: dreamy **** 1/2

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.
ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

Just got a sample of this from a department store...... It was like déjà vu................., kept thinking to myself: "where have I smelled this before"?!?!?! The answer FINALLY HIT ME:

Tom Ford Atelier Rive D'Ambre......, are they identical? Stay tuned!

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

@Housebliss, yes the original formulation was a cologne. Americans get confused by that term because they think it means "men's" so they repackaged and redid the verbiage. (ex-employee here)

One of my favorite orange scents. Don't expect a flat, "fresh" traditional orange scent here though, this one has a little something fizzy and spicy up its sleeve. Tarocco is unique in its medley of citrus accompanied by a fragrant ribbon of saffron. I love this scent in the summer because there is no musk to speak of and the spice notes keep the fragrance warm but not cloying. Many citrusy scents can be too zesty and one dimensional or just plain artificial. Tarocco is very vibrant and sexy.

meama
meama

198) The orange of my dreams.
Olivier Pescheux, the nose, would have been inspired by a traditional recipe of Morocco, an orange carpaccio compound of thin slices of citrus fruit sprinkled with rose water, cinnamon and saffron.
I do not know if this is the quality of orange oil used here, the famous Tarocco variety from Calabria or the clever structure propelling the citrus atop, that is responsible of this so surprising natural first impression. Favoring as well juicy than bitter sides, divinely coordinated to spices and to an aerial and velvety rose.
Diffusion is excellent, an effervescence seems to spread droplets of orange juice in the air as a mist sprayer.
But that's not all, while the Cologne category disappoints too often by is ephemeral longevity, L'Eau de Tarocco extends the magic of the orange with a delicious smoked woody accord, where incense seems to capture the fresh notes of departure to gently mix them to the saffron the powdery rose and fluffy musks that are gradually emerging to make the pleasure last.
(but always better on fabric)
In his kind, among the dozens of lemony scent I tried I have never met such perfect composition.

Housebliss
Housebliss

Fizzy orange drink in a bottle. Very natural smelling this one. Smells like freshly squeezed oranges.

When I bought it, the girl I was with said it was the best she'd ever smelled. Completely unisex. It does smell great, but based on what it smells like, this is strictly spring/summer for me (and I usually don't care much about seasons).

As for longevity, it fades pretty quickly I'm afraid. It blends into the skin in less than 10 minutes, becoming a skin scent. Fragrances (in any concentration) usually last ages on my skin, so keep that in mind if you're thinking about purchasing. The SA even mentioned it herself, and wanted to sell me a roll-on so I could reapply during the day.

If Diptyque acknowledges the fact that you need to reapply every other hour by buying a separate product, why not just make a higher concentration?

And another thing, is this supposed to be EDC? Because it says EDT on the bottle. What gives?

Try before you buy.

The Shelter
The Shelter

Lovely citrus fragrance from Diptyque...
Perfect in summertime!

lovesupreme
lovesupreme

a nice flowery citrus loaded eau de cologne which is heavy on the cinnamon, the cinnamon and the orange counteract beautifully to form a nice more feminine type of skin scent which i am sure is well aided by the violet, although beautiful in its own way, this is not for me and in my opinion is more suited for a woman - 6/10

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

I would suggest this scent to anyone that likes that Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue vibe. This has a similar twist, with a bit more excitement. Not as fresh, but more mystery.

RAPProds
RAPProds

Brilliant. An everyday clean scent that is indescribable. Not floral or citrus but a mysterious hybrid. Light, but with musky undertones and a spicy finish. To describe it thus is make it seem like all those other obnoxious scents that envelope one like a perfume cloud (ugh! and an imposition). h is is a personal scent, by invitation only. Discreet. It never fails to lift the spirits and awake the self to endless possibilities. I wear it all the time, it is my signature scenes and men and women compliments me constantly (the women wanting it for their husbands and boyfriends).

This is what I call "an Eau De Cologne with a twist". The usual citrus floral pattern of many fragrances of this type is brilliantly enriched by a fascinating accord of saffron and incense that's incredibly similar to the one found on the latest Comme Des Garcons EDP from 2011 but, where the CDG pushes on the accelerator by introducing its typical wierd/synthetic hallmark, L'Eau De Tarocco smells incredibly natural and, while surely more understated, it is still able to remark its presence with a considerable amount of personality.

A citrus ologram during the opening joined by woods, incense and saffron while a petit rose note serves as a subtle yet remarkable refinement. Clean, summery and very original. Bettern worn on fabric to play it in slow motion. Highly recommended. Big thumbs up!

Grottola
Grottola

Lots of saffron and musk. Smells an awful lot like L.12.12 White by Lacoste. To save time and money, just get the Lacoste.

jventura489
jventura489

I just purchased this today after some help from a wonderful Sales person at Nordstrom. I was not feeling the fruity sweet perfumes today I have to say. After a bunch of perfumes I would normally love failed to really hit the spot, a whiff of this on a strip took my heart. This the softest and most inviting scent I have ever smelled. The initial spray is shocking and is my least favorite part, but the dry down is worth the horrible opening. I personally am not fond of citrus perfume, but this one is nothing I have ever smelled before, it is truly unique and a worthy addition to my growing collection, quite beautiful!

Cereza
Cereza

Ahh, disappointment. For me it smells like air freshener used in public toilettes, really. It opens sharp and citrusy which I don't enjoy at all. After 20 minutes of the only fresh-citrus on my wrists I had to scrub it off. Even if the drydown is extremely lovely (which I do not know) I don't think that one should suffer trough the phase they dislike.

I could recommend this for citrus lovers. I don't find this appealing.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Diptyque L`Eau de Tarocco fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Diptyque L`Eau de Tarocco, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L`Eau de Tarocco by Diptyque. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L`Eau de Tarocco by Diptyque represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.