Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Olene Diptyque for women
dislike

yellow floral
Olene Diptyque for women Pictures Olene Diptyque for women Pictures

Olene by Diptyque is a Floral fragrance for women. Olene was launched in 1988. The nose behind this fragrance is Serge Kalouguine. Top notes are narcissus and honeysuckle; middle notes are wisteria and jasmine; base notes are green notes and white flowers.

Narcissus Honeysuckle

Lys 41

Olene Fragrance Reviews

Marissaluvsscents
Marissaluvsscents

This is now one of my top 5. I've been looking for a fresh, everyday yummy perfume and I've found it!!! I love white florals, and have been also on a soapy search. This satisfies both cravings :) It reminds me of Jo Malone's Orange Blossom, which I love, until it turns sour pee-ish in the dry down. Olene stays clean and bright from beginning to end, so I'm really excited to have a new casual everyday signature!

Lolaw
Lolaw

Lovely - I can only describe this scent as being fresh floral and delicate , just a couple of sprays and it reminds me of spring and hazy summer days in the park, you know when you get that whiff of flowers and clean crisp air and it smells so nice so you carry on trying to inhale it its gone, well thats what this smells like to me except this lasts!
I can still smell a hint of it at the end of the day and often get compliments wearing this.

More of a spring/summer smell, I wear ir during the day.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

Whilst this has similarities to Aqua Allegoria Jasminora, it lacks the sharpness of the AA, but however, is much more gentle and creamy.
My first impression was to scrub it off. it smelled like a whole load of grassy flowers which had been wavering in a hot sunny field all day, however thankfully I let this settle and it really wowed me!
The jasmine here comes to play very quickly, its smells beautiful with a hint of tuberose? Maybe that is the creaminess which I can smell so apparently.
This is a fresh and natural fragrance which delights the senses with an uplifting summer feeling. The notes are so utterly natural that as the perfume heated up on my skin, I could single out different accords, but one thing that never faltered was the jasmine.
Its a beautiful perfume and certainly for me, has grown on me daily. I think that I would wear this privately, at home or when I need to lift my mood. I imagine that it wouldn't appeal to the masses, simply because its just too 'natural', but this makes it all the more appealing to me.
Diptyque, such a wonderful brand, such wonderful fragrances!
Longevity about 5 hours maximum on my skin. I know that some reviewers have said that you only need to use it sparingly, but its not one that lasts too long. Silage is moderate to good. Quality is superb!

AlmalkiJeme
AlmalkiJeme

ياسمين + نرجس
عطر ربيعي بامتياز.. ويصلح للصيف ايضا
اعجبني جدا هذا العطر

mightypog
mightypog

Third or so wearing. I keep forgetting you have to go easy with this. I sprayed twice from a tester. Once is enough. It opens with many flowers, of the rich sort that make you stop and sniff the air when you are out walking through the park in the spring. It actually reminds me of a pot of lily of the valley creme perfume my aunt gave me when I was like, 6, whereupon I put so much on I got sent out to play in the yard. I loved that smell, and white flower perfumes always remind me of it.

Anyway, on the bus, where its warm, I began to notice there's some note in this that I associate with really great men's colognes. Not sure what! I don't really associate florals with men's cologne, and this is nothing if not floral. By the time I got to campus (I bus an hour to the University where I am a grad student) the smell was overwhelming, I actually blotted with a damp paper towel. That got it to manageable levels, but I still was a bit put off.

However now, four hours later, it is a soliflore. It is jasmine!!! Now, Jicky I can't wear. That is a jasmine that is so indolic I think of it as eau de diaper pail. This does not have that problem. I also love tea, and one thing I love is a well made jasmine pearl tea, of the super expensive kind where they stick fresh jasmine blossoms in a room with tea leaves at like a 40-1 ratio and let the flowers perfume the tea. This is THAT jasmine! I'm sitting here smelling lovely and wishing for tea.

TL;DR-The trick is to go lightly, and then it's a really, really nice jasmine.

Suzybee
Suzybee

Olene is my Mom's signature scent. It is beautiful, cheerful and bright, just like her. If you love Sambac Jasmine surrounded by other white flowers, you will love Olene. It's hard to find locally and I'm leery about spending over $100 online and get duped.

A good Olene alternative, I love just as well, is L'Occitane's Fleur d'Or & Acacia. It is gorgeous with moderate sillage and longevity. And it's about $60 less. A 2.5 fl. oz is $78 at L'Occitane.

3/5/16- I was at Nordstrom, yesterday, and stopped by the Diptique counter and found Olene. There she was in all of her floral glory! I was invited to a class they'll be having this month. Might be a good Mom and Me day to treat ourselves to a new bottle. ;-)

archivist
archivist

Jasmine, yes. But it's the narcissus in this that owns me. What I wouldn't give for the jasmine to be a little less, and the narcissus a little more...

neonaya
neonaya

It smells like jasmine green tea on me. My mother (little over 50 y.o.) find it very womanly. My hippy-friend consider it very oriental (that also back us to Japanese tea theme :). Anyway, it is pure and morning scent. Sometimes i wear it just for myself as good start of the day.

lilalina
lilalina

This is Sofia Coppola's signature scent.. To me this smells like spring. Blossoms, fresh air slightly cold vibe, beautiful jasmine. Fresh and clean however not musky.. Very crisp, like cold air.

fostermd
fostermd

First of all I have no idea why this site takes it upon itself to disregard that ALL Diptyque perfumes are marketed as being for men and women and according to its own biased opinions misrepresent them as being for only the sex they feel them most appropriate. All perfumes are works of art, why shouldn't they be bought and worn by everyone who enjoys them and wishes to wear them? I'm a male and I am definitely a lover of Olene. I first sought it out at the fragrance counter because of its narcissus note as I was working on a jonquil-narcissus soliflore of my own and gathering overall impressions of how these flowers have been used in the past both to inspire me and to keep me from reproducing yet another version of a tired overdone accord. As both a perfume lover and professional perfumer I have a deep appreciation for all the species of jasmine but just smelling the absolutes have never been inspired to seek out or create a jasmine soliflore.

Immediately after spraying I was totally in awe. I was immediately swept away to my greenhouses in the winter when all the citrus trees are in full bloom and the indole laden citrus blossoms saturated the humid air. Of course, we know that in Olene it's the indole in jasmine not neroli or another citrus blossom but it was the indole that grabbed my attention. I would be bending the truth to say that I could distinctly smell wisteria or narcissus but knew that other note were present rounding off and adding warmth and depth to the jasmine. Adding a dash of natural narcissus poeticus absolute to jasmine or any white floral is a trick all of is perfumers often employ to put the magic touch on white floral accords which seems to perfectly round them off. This is done so precisely in Olene that just were the jasmine ends and the wisteria and narcissus takes over is totally obscured. It's just one big very natural smelling jasmine accord packed with indole. I happen to love the smell of indole, even in its pure powder form, but I realize that most people find the slightly fecal mothball odor unappealing so when formulating I have to be careful not to have too heavy a hand. But I see time and again that in many perfumes too little indole is used and the jasmine accords smell "euphamized" and unrealistic but Olene is perfect. Into its drydown it takes on a little more generic white floral profile with some nice, very delicate green notes to highlight it.

I found the sillage to be a good arm's length and it lasts a good 6 hours if not a bit longer. Since it's an eau de toilette and a floral that is about as good as can be realistically expected. I only wish they made an eau de parfum. So, for anyone looking for a great, true to life jasmine or white floral, this is the one I would recommend most. I can't say enough good about it.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is a great true jasmine scent -- just a touch green but otherwise rich and indolic. Lovely natural presentation of the note. It's a very strong jasmine scent so be warned, but a must try for white floral lovers.

zamir.azam
zamir.azam

I received st germain 34 as a gift from a friend (as I love perfume) as she wanted me to have something unique.That was it, I was intrigued.
What attract me to diptyque was its uniqueness in st germain 34 with the scent keep on changing as I use them (several). So I decided to go and test a bottle of my own on my accord.

Ive invested quite some time at the store while the sales person attentively attend to my queries and curiosity.

Olene was the one that shine upon all of the accord that day. It brings back my childhood memories where my grandparents use to have abundance of jasmine trees surrounded their house. The delicate white flowers where we use to pluck and play with to whomever can collect the fastest and the most at a given time with my cousins. Our hands would soak up in the wonderful smell that would last an hour or more as the day ends.

Its not a pleasant or welcoming smell to most people I'm sure, being olene sole smell is Jasmine. I usually wears this at night when you tend to be alone and not socialise much with people. The white floral welcomes me to a serenity state, as the perfume does not involve much after a while (for me) which is a plus point. Sillage works great on me, and the dry down let out a faint crushed Jasmine flower that had dried out and becomes a skin scent (8 hours after) thats impossible not to like.
I like to be generous with Olene, that be four to five sprays per use. Delicious.

I somehow manage to surprise the sales person when I decided Olene was to be my purchase that day. Was told annually, the take up for Olene is one to two bottles per year. Hearing the sad information made me want to help push the numbers more! Haha

I do hope Diptyque continue to sell this perfume though. To Monsieur Serge Kalouguine, Merci!

Renatalergus
Renatalergus

This was my first Diptyque fragrance that I bought blindly on a website just because it was the only one available at that time and I hardly wanted to try something from this brand.
It's one of those scents that you will love or you'll hate from the first sniff.

I don't know how exactly I became addicted to this scent, there's just something about it....some of my friends hate it till death, for them I stink of junked flowers...
In one word...intoxicating fragrance....probably my number one, after this one I just don't want to smell other Diptyque fragrances....

MadMadamMimm
MadMadamMimm

I need to try this at another department store- I tried it at Nordstrom and it smelled of nothing so much as urine. Perhaps something horrible happened to this particular bottle...

LordD
LordD

It opens with a rather raspy, jasmine-coloured, garden-green wisteria. With time the wisteria softens and the jasmine becomes the star of the (by now quite muted) show. The drydown is a musky, dewy, breathy jasmine. On me it’s neither soapy nor too linear.

Olène goes quiet after half an hour, but it lasts all day. And you can still smell it on your clothes literally a week later (Anecdote: once, for about a week, I kept getting wafts of jasmine whenever I sat on my desk chair and couldn’t figure out where they were coming from until I realized it was the polo shirt that had been hanging on the back of the chair for all those days. The last time I had worn it, I had also worn Olène.)

One of my favourites!

katmitchell
katmitchell

Incredibly flat and dry to my nose, probably because I am hypersensitive to indole here. As a result I get strong green jasmine tea. It's a pity I don't see this as flowers in the garden, but for such specific very original tea impression it's worth having in my collection

virga
virga

Very crisp and very green flat aggressive linear jasmine scent. I cannot detect neither narcissus nor any other note except jasmine and green. Overall too crisp for me, too strong, almost nose hurting. I rarely scrub, but Olene was a big scrubber.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

I'm on an ultimate spring perfume hunt, so Olene had to be sampled!

I find it quite a literal perfume, so it's not a holy grail for me I'm afraid. But, if you love the scent of fresh honeysuckle and lilac (or wisteria) and an underlying slightly indolic jasmine, you'll like this very much. The jasmine is good quality and similar to that used in Luten's A La Nuit, but A La Nuit is not at all soapy. The narcissus doesn't seem heavy to me, but it may account for the indolic feel some mention

Olene does what it says on the tin, note-wise, but I'd agree with comments below that describe it as soapy. This is super soapy, to the extent I feel like I've just freshly washed my hands with triple-milled Crabtree and Evelyn floral soap. It's a bit too 'afternoon tea' and ladylike for me, good as its quality is.

Having said that, I do enjoy certain soapy perfumes- such as Ivoire, or Prada's Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger, but those have an extra something or other that appeals to me, so this is all very subjective.

With the above soapy perfumes, I feel transported to somewhere interesting - perhaps somewhere more sophisticated, whereas with Olene I feel I'm in the (very clean it must be emphasised) public loo of a perfectly nice gift shop in a sleepy conservative village. I might like to walk around that village and its surrounding countryside, but I don't want to smell like the regular church-going ladies who live there!

I do love some Diptyques - namely Philosykos, Do Son and Tam Dao to name a few.

Sillage is moderate to my nose, longevity quite a few hours, but doesn't last on clothes longer

volafox
volafox

I loved the sample, and purchased the bottle. From the sample, it was alluring, nice and played well. From the bottle, it comes out with a mace and beats everybody around over the head, including me. I wish I could have purchased a smaller bottle, but I'm stuck with this frag monster.

Ekho
Ekho

Lovely and elegant. Much more narcissus and hyacinth at the opening than jasmine. A few minutes in the jasmine and wisteria come out. True white floral with clean green notes, jasmine gives a depth that is still floral but thicker and creamier. Very ladylike. Definitely not for someone who doesn't love spring flowers.

Henriette
Henriette

You must love the scent of jasmin to love Olene.
Olene is a true to life jasmine scent, with the same intoxicating feeling, the same dizziness power at times.
But it's beautiful, real, not synthetic feeling.
It has a light soapy edge and I think it's to balance the sweetness of the white flowers.
It's very long lasting, not much developing from beginning to drydown so if you like the initial notes you may welcome this feature.
Personally, even though I do love Olene (and other jasmin based fragrances as you can see in my wardrobe), I would prefer a little complexity but I see it lacks even in Keiko Mecheri Jasmine (another favourite of mine).

Very feminine, very elegant, with a powerful sillage, so think twice when you have to stay in a crowded place or elbow to elbow at a table: do not exaggerate and your neighbours will thank you and be charmed by this beautiful Olene (and your wonderful smile, your beautiful eyes, your lovely face, your brilliant conversation ...).
You're just more than the scent you wear!!!

nero77
nero77

Like a garden full of flowers...

You know, it's not easy to review perfumes sometimes... I get lost in the description and everything, and I don't always find the right words, but this one is just such a natural, peaceful smell for me. It's like standing in a summer garden full of beautiful flowers. I can't really describe it any better than that (but of course I'll try)!

Diptyque - Olène is inspired by gardens in the city of Venice, where jasmine grows along walled gardens. Personally, this strikes me more as a garden surrounded by nature, not buildings. The notes work together in such harmony that it feels like you're really there! Jasmine is the main note, but green, and supported by more "green" notes, but also some very intense florals (which I'm not good at describing), like Narcissus, Wisteria, Honeysuckle etc. But like I said, this just reminds me of sitting or standing in a garden absolutely full of all the heady, intoxicating flowers you can think of. It's very floral, but also green and sheer, and I have no problem wearing it in summer or in winter.

I think if you are someone who likes very natural smelling floral notes, or enjoy the smell of being in a garden, and working with plants, then you may fall in love with this one. How they managed to put all this in one bottle I have no idea... but it smells wonderful! Really lovely.

Fizzy
Fizzy

A new gem has been found! Yes yes yes. Smells terrific, like sweet jasmine, perfect when you step out of your shower. Then it is the right moment to put it on, it smells so pretty, innocent and clean, very lovely. The women after theirs hairdresser session, with perfectly trimmed and curled hair and leaving the hairdresser studio used to smell like this!
My new spring and summer favorite, bye bye Pure White Linen and L air du Temps!

Musume
Musume

Olène is one of my favorite spring fragances, it's fresh and exhilarating without being aquatic or citrus. I find very impressive how Diptyque has created an intense floral keeping it fresh and dewey at the same time, pure genius. Olène opens with an aggressive but not indolic (actually, it rests at the other end of the spectrum of Joy)jasmine accompanied by narcissus, it remains linear but tamer until drydown, then I notice a very light laundry note that I find very pleasant and refined, like clean sheets exposed to cool wind. A free spirited perfume.

LisaMari
LisaMari

The honeysuckle is almost overpowering the other notes. This is an incredibly floral-sweet scent.. It's floral overload and sickening honey.

InfirmièreParfumée
InfirmièreParfumée

Olene Eau De Jasmine ... is what they should have called this truly wonderful fragrance from Diptyque.

Just like my favorite Eau Moheli. This floral fragrance reminds me of my childhood in the islands. The true jasmine scent is captured in the bottle. No hint of anything artificial...as if they packed a ton of real fresh jasmine flowers in the bottle and made them into liquid.

The scent is just super nice and super real. Very much floral, very much jasmine.

If you dislike jasmine or anything floral, this perfume is not for you. As a matter of fact, if you don't like anything floral....I have nothing left to say.

Diptyque Olene is a wonderful fragrance. Worn day or night, I concur.

Old or young, go ahead !

Olene Eau de Toilette.
A clean and very fresh flower scent. Great Jasmine, white flowers och and green notes on my skin. First 10 minutes a bit strong, but then softens to magic..perfecet every-day-scent, not too loud, and not invisible neither, dances around you for many, many hours.

Olene Eau de Toilette.
En ren och väldigt fräsch blomdoft. Härlig Jasmin, vita blommor och gröna noter är vad jag känner på huden. Första 10 minuterna är Olene väldigt stark men sen mjuknar den ner och blir magisk. Perfekt varje-dag-doft. Inte för stark, inte osynlig utan där runt dig i många, många timmar.

Southamk
Southamk

Diptyque Olene is a floral fragrance lover's dream. It is fragrantly sweet without being sickening, and reminds me of how the air smells in the evening of a hot summer day after the air begins to cool and the flowers smell their most fragrant. It smells very similar to Serge Lutens A La Nuit, but a bit more complex during the dry down. Olene is a certainly a jasmine fragrance, and smells very true to life, but I do not find it indolic at any stage on my skin. Olene is truly a beautiful floral fragrance, and I'm so glad I found it at Nordstrom. I can tell this will be one of my favorites. It just makes me smile when I put it on. Though Olene only comes in an Eau de Toilette, it behaves more like an Eau de Parfum. Olene is a big hit for me.

lanuitblanche
lanuitblanche

Whoaaaa! No wonder it's so pungently floral -- the top, middle, and base notes are all flowers!! And by gawd, do I love this. The pungency feels more of the green and stemmy variety, instead of the sharp floral sneeze-inducing variety. It's an addictive pungency, like the first sip of a strong sweet flower-based liquor, and how the slight burn down the throat can feel pleasant.

This is exactly how Southern California smells like at twilight and early evening, when the jasmine is blooming, or in Korea and Japan when the wisteria starts to take over the country-side. I was intrigued by the wisteria note, because a lot of wisteria figures into the Tale of Genji....

This is now the scent I think of and wear when I turn the pages of that favorite book. And also when I feel a nostalgia for those dry cool summer nights in LA. So dreamy, and so fresh too.

windhill
windhill

Most realistic jasmine scent I've ever encountered. For a jasmine lover who's grow jasmines all over the yard like me. This is the winner. If you love real, naturally jasmine scent you'll never go wrong with this.

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

For floral lovers only, like mentioned before!
Extremely floral. Also, extremely real. Jasmine is not too indolic for me, nothing like JOY, but also nothing synthetic like in Pure Poison.

It's a very natural smelling jasmine, intense, white, bright, heady. Dries down to a clean, still heady, soapy scent. I'm guessing that if you grew up smelling jasmine in real life, you would really enjoy Olene. For me it's just too floral, gave me a headache.

I would have loved it if Diptyque took the jasmine out of this fragrance and mixed it with their interpretation of green tea. It would have been glorious.

This is my favorite fragrance by Diptyque!

Very bright, alluring, charming and intensive!!!

Most of all I feel the jasmine note. It smells very truly and beautiful. The honeysuckle note is also very noticeable.

Actually, Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens smells almost like this fragrance. Like white florals here could be easily an orange blossom. But Olene was launched much earlier. Now I have Fleur d'Oranger, but then I will buy Olene for sure, as it was launched first, besides it's not so indolic.

Love it! Beautiful floral fragrance.

antfarm
antfarm

This is for floral lovers, period. I mean, you pretty much have to want to drown in a bouquet. It is very pretty, but makes me feel a little lightheaded.

I'm not a floral gal, but I can appreciate this perfume from an artistic standpoint. I smell a very heady and realistic jasmine and daffodil, like I'm sniffing the actual flowers right in front of my face. It isn't synthetic or generic, so it gets two thumbs way up for that.

Overall it's too feminine and overwhelming for me, but would be someone else's petaled paradise, I'm sure.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

When I first sprayed this fragrance, I was wondering what on earth that strange and familiar smell was. Then I realized it was the daffodils!! Beautiful, freshly blooming daffodils on a chilly spring day sprouting out of the earth. Diptyque is VERY good at creating true-to-life flower and plant scents. This fragrance makes me smile because I think of spring and cutting daffodils to put in a vase in my room, and of walking through a wisteria grove (which, sadly, no longer stands) with my boyfriend. Very well done indeed! There is a slightly plasticine quality in this that puts me off slightly but I'd still wear it happily if I had a bottle. Moderate sillage. If you're a daffodil lover this is definitely for you!

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

the best thing about Olène, besides its quality ingredients, pretty bottle and simple charm is how REAL it is.

Let's say Olène is a woman. She is the one who wears a large brimmed hat in the sun while the rest of us are wearing sunscreen. She wears long skirts while we are wearing skinny jeans. Olène does not only bring her reusable shopping bag to the stores, she shops with a pretty wicker basket and she always buys fresh flowers for the house, not for a special occasion, but because that's what she does. She is also the one you'll see walking down the street on a Friday night, with barely there makeup on and a simple linen dress, natural curls, while all the other women are dressed up in elaborated dresses and shiny heels, with their hair and makeup overdone.

The jasmine is so true and pretty here, no indolic feeling, if you are dreading the famous "poo" note, it's not here (I've never experienced it myself with jasmine). A beautiful warm wisteria, a feminine honeysuckle, Olène has more of a soliflore feel since it is so well blended. I find all the notes have their moment, they are not fighting for the spotlight. It's sunny with narcissus, it's dewy, it's green but it's never dry or sharp.

When the fragrance warms up on the skin, the scent becomes so lush, I swear I could smell peach syrup.

Whenever the white floral masterpieces are mentioned, too often I find that Olène gets forgotten. Just as pretty as Do Son in my opinion, but a bit more... bohemian?

Every time my little jasmine plant gives me flowers, I can smell Olene in the air. Fabulous.

My new signature <3<3<3
I think this is perfect for Finnish summer time. Here its not too hot, but perfect to warm You up not like sweat heat. So, this will go all summer with me.
Thank You dear One for gifting me this beauty. Love from Finland <3

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Okay so here is one of THE most exciting floral compositions I have tried in a while....I am a passionate horticulturist and all of the ingredients are plants dear to my heart.

I love this fragrance and while it is admittedly a very glamourized florist scent, I would love to wear this!
When? Definitely only in late winter/ early spring. It is heavy, it is indolic, it is somewhat decadently overpowering and 'in your face' but beautifully and very naturally so.

I would say this is THE ultimate white floral/ spring reference fragrance. A masterpiece of natural representation of what a floral brides bouquet ought to smell. This is THE ultimate wedding fragrance and should be called "Les Noces du Printemps"...or just call it "Printemps".

I was gonna buy a bottle @ London's most beautiful and romantic Tudor style department store, but it was too late into spring already....

10/10 as a reference floral. 5/10 for usage (it really is a spring only scent)

Drake.Shannon
Drake.Shannon

Smells so much of my rich old grandmother, which is a good and bad thing. She was very beautiful and stylish, refined and well mannered... but she's still a grandmother.

Orange_blossom
Orange_blossom

Good on paper. I had to open the car windows on my way to the office. Indolic, as many already said in their reviews. I couldn't handle the mothball smell any longer. It's unfortunate, because it smelled so beautiful when they sprayed it on the paper and my wrist at the store. Perhaps I just run too hot for this one.

Hello,
I got as a gift my large olene bottle (thank You Dear One). Now I am going second day with Olene. I must say this is much more beautifull to my nose than Carnal Flower, I just couldn`t wear it. But Olene, is tender, soft, feminine, energy giving, and sunny scent. Luxurious Jasmine. So much I love this one I need to search more Jasmine scents. Olene have very good longevity too. I sprayed yesterday at 01pm and it was still there on my skin when I woke up this morning. There have been only two scents with same longevity (Knowing and Time for Love/watch by M.Micallef). I am curiously waiting for days to become more warm here to see how Olene behaves on warmer days. But this is truely Love affair. Olene is Spring Queen.

Milladane
Milladane

This number makes a grand entrance with intense jasmine, followed by honeysuckle. It is a very womanly perfume, I would say, rather than feminine or girly. It definitely has a paperwhite narcissus presence coming in and out. While this is not my favorite white flower scent of all times, I really enjoy this first part where you smell the white flowers in full bloom...something my overworked nose can actually smell.

The big display of flowers was not able to maintain its showmanship, and within half an hour, it dies down to a nondescript mild soapy floral - the dry down smelled basically like how your skin would smell if you showered with a bar of traditional floral supermarket soap. That is so not glamorous, and so not how I want to smell. It smells "clean"....which in my perfume book, is a dirty word. (Pun intended.) It just kept fading and fading, and by 5 hours, it was almost gone. It's still a nice enough perfume, but could have been so much more if the dry down had been more interesting.

EDIT: Upon the second and third testing, I did not find the dry down as clean and soapy as the first testing. I now find it a mild floral fragrance, so to give it proper credit, it does smell like residual perfume and not just soap. Also, in subsequent testings, there is less of a wow factor in the beginning, but still very indolic of course. This is happening a lot...the results of a first testing is never truly replicated again. I wonder if it has something to do with how your sense of smell reacts as a "virgin" to a scent, and once your brain has processed it, it stores that information and you never quite react to it like the first time again. I don't know if this is true for others, but it's often the case for me.

Londonchick
Londonchick

Like Jayne58 I found this to smell oily at first which was weird, i could smell olive oil in the top notes :-s. Luckily this disappeared quickly. I would have sworn this has gardenia in it as well as Jasmine. Very indolic. Dries to a soapy clean fragrance. Soft and somehow damp, not particularly original I probably needed much more green to enjoy it.
For those who like 'good' quality pleasant uncomplicated linear jasmine fragrances this could be ideal.

MrsLetterO
MrsLetterO

Just like everyone has said.. on 1st spray it's OH WHAT HAVE I DONE! It's an indolic overdose. I immediately thought how much I prefer the start of Notre flore Jasmin by L'Occitane which is a more friendly and beautiful jasmin. Saying that it calms well so give it time. Feeling strident or need some extra "presence"? It may be just what you need.

jventura489
jventura489

I like it but it's a bit overwhelming, i can't bare to spray more than the smallest dab of this. The drydown is gorgeous but the top is sooooo enveloping that I can't wait to wash it off, so sad, I won't be keeping this one.

Jayne58
Jayne58

Yes, Olène starts out as a loud, green, indolic, oily, big mama white floral, and it was not love at first sniff. The first time I wore it, I went "meh" and waited for it to quieten down, which it did fairly soon, becoming soapy,clean and unobjectionable within about half-an hour. After a few hours, I forgot I was wearing it and then, in the deep drydown, something magical happened. A heavenly golden scent of jonquil appeared, as if from nowhere. I wasn't even certain it was coming from me until I checked for other sources and found none. I now plan my time with Olène carefully. She needs to be applied a good 30 minutes before I catch a bus, enter a lift or otherwise inflict myself on others. And she should be applied a good 5 hours before going to bed, so that I am not asleep when she weaves her real enchantment.

kurabiye
kurabiye

Smelle like lemon cologne last as it lasts with a lilltle smell of fell down narcissusu or lilyum note.

Hmmm...narcissus and wisteria?

According to my nose, white flowers abound iin Diptyque OLENE, to be precise: white flowers of the big, bold, bodacious type, including Tuberose with a capital T. There is also quite a dose of night-blooming jasmine here—and there may be some gardenia as well—but the tuberose note is initially so dominant, in fact, that it's going to determine whether or not you like this composition, it seems to me. If you're a big fan of buttery presentations of tuberose à la CARNAL FLOWER and FRACAS, you will welcome OLENE with flaring nostrils. If, on the other hand, you find such emphatic expressions a bit overwhelming, you'll want to steer clear. I fall into the former category and would love to add a bottle of OLENE to my small collection of haute floral perfumes.

Αλεξάνδρα
Αλεξάνδρα

The most beautiful, affordable (for a niche house), and long lasting jasmine I have encountered. Get ready for compliments, for its sillage is potent- people asked me on the bus, and I always felt it like a breath of fresh air, so natural but also sexy. Good choice for brides in white!

scentedrat
scentedrat

YIKES!!! Boy, this one is not for me, in capital letters. I read such wonderful reviews and couldn't wait to try it, and then couldn't wait to get it off my skin. Just. Horrible. Harsh, loud, not pretty at all. I've never smelled a flower like that and hope I never find it growing in my garden...

lara0905
lara0905

Olene starts with a sweet, peppered jasmine overture.It has some fresh undertone, perhaps some pale mint note? But after seconds it's just goes away and the killer sweetness starts grew on me, whisteria and the narcissus give the choking feeling but they are just hiding behind the strong, sweet jasmin aroma.

Extremly sweet jasmin bomb, just for fanatic jasmin-lovers!!:D

mariadelao400
mariadelao400

Olene ,perfecto floral ,veraniego es como estar en mi terraza en verano ,llena de jazmines.
Suave , el sillage perfecto se notan la calidad de las materias primas empleadas,muy recomendable en primavera-verano , me gusta mucho ,es uno de los imprescindibles en mi tocador.

angel6
angel6

Olene is the most beautiful jasmine/ wisteria, fragrance I ever had, and I tried other ones for exemple A La Nuit from serge lutens and was too sickning while Olene is soft and delicate, I find very similar to the vibe of Do Son that is another Dyptique fragrance.

thelaurenator
thelaurenator

This is a quite minimalist floral; it really matches the stark Diptyque black and white packaging. While jasmine is the star of this blend, it's quite a green jasmine. It smells alive, like a whole jasmine plant. I'm surprised that some people said this smells sweet. Too my nose, this doesn't smell sweet at all. It's a classic jasmine-honeysuckle blend; the jasmine masks honeysuckle's almost rotting sweetness, while the honeysuckle tones down the jasmine's almost bitter acridity. I wish I could smell more narcissus and wisteria. The wisteria fades very, very fast and the narcissus only begins to peek out after a full half hour of wear, and even then it's quite faint. This is very pretty, and I agree it could smell wonderful on a man as well as a woman. Still, it's such a monofloral I'm not sure it's worth shelling out $88 for a full bottle. However, I will savor the sample I have.

pansylady
pansylady

What a soft, clean, and feminine scent, and it has such an evocative, familiar quality- where have I smelled this before?

about two hours into it, I was able to put my finger on what it reminds me of-on me, it is practically a scent double for Camay soap! The soap with the little cameo profile of a lady's head embossed on it- as a child, I found it so appealing!

Nice memory... I like it!

Kterhark
Kterhark

Have you ever been on a crowded elevator or some other public place where folks were crammed together and a very specific smell wafted under your nose and you said "oh-oh, someone has a head cold."

That's how Olene smells to me. Its way too strong and 'sickeningly sweet'. So I went to the bathroom and washed my chest and put on a new T-shirt. Yep, this scent is tenacious, just like a head cold. It doesn't go away easily.

But wait... now that I've washed I'm left with narcissus, which i love. Oddly what I'm now smelling is something very, very lovely.

So takeaway: put on, wash off, feel better!

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Olene is a case study for me on how "indolic" doesn't always mean "smells bad".

Jasmine dominates Olene with all of the indole that I've smelled before chasing my nose after jasmine-infused fragrances-but wisteria greets me and lingers silently for awhile. The fresh sheer sweet scent of narcissus slowly diffuses-a bursting star of a dry down-
The narcissus offered some of this tenderness early on-and so I was very pleasantly surprised to find a stealthy "clean" indolic floral-fantastic! And multipurpose too!

glitteralex
glitteralex

I find this to be a crystal clear Jasmine, almost a soliflore, of outrageous concentration and sillage. The drydown is mostly Wisteria...reminds me of late nights on the deck on the Caliornia coast. I don't find this any more indolic than the actual jasmine flower, and I certainly don't get any skanky notes. Very beautiful, perfect for a wedding.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

Jasmine, jasmine, and more jasmine. If you love jasmine, I'm sure you'll love this perfume...but as for me...it's not something I can wear.

darlingbuds
darlingbuds

After reading veruska's review I feel I must step into the arena delicately, lest I be mistaken for someone who secretly likes the odor of wet socks and stinky cheese. Well, ok, maybe the stinky cheese I like.

Once again, I'm amazed at how different our perceptions of the same molecules can be.

For me, 'Olene' is one bad mama jama of a jasmine. Indolic, yes, I can't deny that. So bracing at first that it nearly sucks the air from my lungs and clears my sinuses. You've got to try it to understand what I mean!
She's a diva, this jasmine, herbaceous, almost mentholated, and rocksteady to the core. And she never sleeps. Wisteria makes a play, but ultimately fails to compete.
Don't wear this to the office or to a baby shower. Do wear it to corporate takeovers, orgies, and whilst skiing.

A good floral for men too.

veruska
veruska

Unfortunately Olene is an extremely indolic white floral, such an extreme that i find it totally unwearable.The scent is very minimal and is mostly jasmine and narcissus, a floral garden with ink, smels of wet socks and some expensive cheesy smell! Yiak!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Diptyque Olene fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Diptyque Olene, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Olene by Diptyque. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Olene by Diptyque represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.