Designers » D E » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Philosykos Diptyque for women and men
dislike

I have it: 884 I had it: 204 I want it: 926 My signature: 19

milky
Philosykos Diptyque for women and men Pictures Philosykos Diptyque for women and men Pictures

Philosykos by Diptyque is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Philosykos was launched in 1996. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivia Giacobetti. Top notes are fig leaf and fig; middle notes are coconut and green notes; base notes are cedar, woody notes and fig tree.

Fig Leaf Fig

Rare Sapphires

Philosykos Fragrance Reviews

Buysblind
Buysblind

A word of caution to those considering Philosykos: If you don't know what fig smells like then you need to sample this first, as it is the quintessential fig fragrance.

That being said, I love this stuff! Philosykos is a green, leafy, watery, creamy coconutty fig fragrance with excellent projection and good longevity. It smells extremely natural, but is easy to wear at the same time. What I appreciate in Philosykos is how the fig note is treated with respect to its weight and texture. It's very well-balanced. There is a light, airy, watery green quality to it on one side, capturing the fresh leaves of the tree as if marked by dew in the morning, blowing in the wind, and then this is balanced by the juicier, sweeter aroma of the fruit with a creamy, coconut-like smell that rounds it out. While there are several very good fig fragrances out there, I find Philosykos strikes the nicest balance between the fig tree, leaves, and actual fruit.

100% unisex and very well priced for what it is, Philosykos is a spring and summer staple in my wardrobe and an absolute must-try.

Shibor
Shibor

For me, it smells like a wineyard. Fresh, sunny, green and clear!

rockegg
rockegg

I am instantly transported to a time in my past when I picked figs with my boyfriend in the hot sun of California's Central Valley. If I had been wearing coconut scented sun lotion the scent would be just the same.

kingderella
kingderella

This opens with the most amazing green note. Fresh, dewy leafs, truly beautiful. After a while it becomes more sweet and fruity, like a ripe fig. I still like it, but not as much as I love the opening.

shuuu
shuuu

I'm a fig lover but i really don't like this one .

This one is too realistic rather than wearable . The smells of dust ,fig and fig tree are strong , smells of coconut milk and fig are both very dull and boring here .

You would love it if you wanna be a movable fig tree …

Jernê Knowles
Jernê Knowles

English:

Given the growing creation and launch of fruity scents in perfumístico market has always been talking about it for me, when I try something fruity that follows the line of schism already fill me and give wings no more hope of finding an odd fruity scent, however, I must say that in my meeting with fruity Philosykos of Diptyque could be positively surprised, yes, he escapes the banality of most fruit trees available in the world off the shelves and has established itself as a distinctive fruity printing well-being and tranquility. Its creation was in 1996 by perfumer Olivia Giacobetti hands who also created other perfume house Diptyque for more. So Philosykos of Diptyque presents to my nostrils as an aromatic fruity where your main protagonist is called Figo, and, say, in passing, a freshly cut by a knife very slowly which gives Figo stop feel the blend of the smell of Fig and the steel edge of this knife, the act of cutting. Its opening made me fly a hovercraft (Panther Airboat) at high speed, one of the Florida swamps and limpid waters free of mud with only its green exhale the fresh odor when hit by the bricks of the hydrofoil, while grasses that pilot, someone cuts figs and gives me to eat them. In his heart could encounter me with the creaminess of a newly processed Coco and the continued beauty of Figo added more grasses, grasses and grass ... Your goodbye is very soon with the persistent note Figo associated with slightly bitter Cedar and more green notes distributed ad hoc way of doing Philosykos Diptyque fragrance that refers to the smoothness of a placid and moment must be seized anyway. His failure is to not set well enough to cause a feeling of enjoyment for even deeper fragrance, however, the time that remains is enough to make the wearer more than happy individual submerged in peace and why not, in balance.

I dedicate this review to my friend Renato Pereira!

Português:

Dado a crescente criação e lançamento de perfumes frutais no mercado perfumístico, desde sempre, isso falando por mim, quando experimento algo que segue a linha frutal já me encho de cisma e nem mais dou asas a esperança em encontrar um perfume frutal impar, porém, devo dizer que em meu encontro com o frutal Philosykos de Diptyque pude ser positivamente surpreendido, sim, ele foge a banalidade da maioria dos frutais disponíveis nas prateleiras do mundo a fora e se consagra como um frutal diferenciado imprimindo bem estar e tranquilidade. Sua criação foi no ano de 1996 pelas mãos da perfumista Olivia Giacobetti que também criara outros perfumes mais para a Casa Diptyque. Então, Philosykos de Diptyque se apresenta às minhas narinas como sendo um frutal aromático onde o seu grande protagonista se chama Figo, e, diga-se de passagem, um Figo recém-cortado bem devagarinho por uma faca onde dá pare se sentir a mescla entre o cheiro do Figo e do aço do gume desta faca, no ato do corte. Sua abertura fez-me pilotar um aerobarco (Panther Airboat) em alta velocidade, num dos pântanos da Flórida de águas límpidas e livre de lama, somente com gramíneas frescas a exalarem seu odor verde quando atingidas pela amura do aerobarco, ao mesmo tempo em que piloto, alguém corta figos e me dá para comê-los. Em seu coração pude me deparar com a cremosidade de um Coco recém-processado e a continuação da beleza do Figo somado a mais gramíneas, gramíneas e gramíneas... Seu adeus é bastante breve com a persistente nota de Figo associada ao leve amargo do Cedro e mais notas verdes distribuídas de forma pontuais fazendo de Philosykos Diptyque uma fragrância que remete à placidez e suavidade de um momento imperdível a ser de qualquer forma aproveitado. Sua falha consiste em não fixar o suficientemente bem para causar uma sensação de gozo pela fragrância ainda mais profundo, contudo, o tempo que perdura já é o bastante para fazer de quem o usa um indivíduo mais que contente submergido em paz e porque não, em equilíbrio.

Dedico esta resenha ao meu Amigo Renato Pereira!

drooling tomcat
drooling tomcat

At first, it smells really great, like freshly-cut grass. But after a few seconds, it turns into a dusty scent that resembles fairly well the hay. I've heard someone saying that he detected a nectarine note. After hearing that, I can say that I do get myself the smell of peaches.
Another description it would be that it smells like the very hot air next to a heating radiator in the winter, i.e. very dry.
Not pleasant at all.

Singabera
Singabera

That one is really strange to me - too green, too sharp, smeels like an armful of grass and herbs, too botanical to me.

CeceliaHuynh
CeceliaHuynh

This one is very light. A summer fragrance of fresh fig and milk. It resembles Marc Jacobs. I prefer Premier Figuier Extreme - L'Artisan Parfumeur.

MrChrisD
MrChrisD

This smells exactly like figs, dirt, and grass... In a good way! It's a very good high quality fragrance, but I just don't see how this is unisex at all. This is a women's EDP in my opinion. Nothing masculine about it at all.

Would smell great on a lady!

cecfor
cecfor

The fig in this is simply delicious. Fig lasts about 30 minutes. Then comes a very faint coconut. Then comes nothing, no base. Poof, gone on my skin. A base is noticeable on my clothes though but it is nothing special to me. Like something I have smelled many times. Not bad smelling though. I have never gotten through a spraysample so fast. I wanted that fig again and again. It is a pity it didn't last....

Ritarudna

Leaves, coconuts, fresh cut grass, fig bush. This smells like outside on a spring morning! Its amazing how they captured such a realistic smell.

thomasrainy
thomasrainy

My fav spring-summer scent. Clear, simple, not complex just enjoyable. I use heavy and ultra complex niche fragrances during autumn and winter. Try, experience and love :) this is the order!

Spaztic
Spaztic

this one is fun! a fragrance adventure
When I first put t on it smells like when you take a leaf a squish it between your fingers, the leaf gets darker where it's crushed and juices get on your fingers. That's the EXACT smell at first.
Then it gets pretty coconuty and can smell a lot like Burberry the Beat for women in the middle phase.
THEN it goes all Iso e super and I love that stuff (even if it is used in everything nowadays).
Over all I really like this one, I have the perfume oil roller ball and I think next time I will get the Perfume solid to see which I like better.
Warning this fragrance has some longevity issues (hence the perfume oil/solid choice) unless you spay it on you clothes

latinkapetrova
latinkapetrova

It's impressive how wonderfully authentic the fig in Philosykos is. But that's all. I mean, I can sniff it for hours and be amazed of the scent, but I totally don't want to smell like this. It's too associative. If I want to feel dark and mysterious, I'll grab Sensuous Noir; if I want to feel feminine and classy I'll go for Allure. Wearing Philosykos will be more like "Hey, look at me, I'm a walking fig tree?". All I'm trying to say is that the perfume is the one of the few things, along with the clothing, that people use to describe themselves to the others without using a single word. Smelling exactly like something well known is just like dressing in a panda costume. Pandas are great and extremely cute and everybody loves them, but obviously that's not a good enough reason to dress like one.

Msgreenpebble
Msgreenpebble

Fig trees abound in my neighbourhood in Melbourne's inner north, and as I walk along the footpaths in summer I will suddenly think, "I smell Phyilosykos" and look up to find a large leafy fig tree, the fruits still green. It is absolutely perfect.

myownflagg
myownflagg

I am beginning to think there isn't a Diptyque fragrance out there that I don't at least like. This one I love. It starts out very green and fresh, but on my skin, as time goes on, it definitely gets sweet, but not cloying.

It's one of my most worn perfumes, because it is so easy to wear. It's very unique, but not so "out-there" that I feel out of place wearing it as a casual everyday scent. I think it suits all seasons, and I know it's super popular, but I've never smelled it on anyone else.

I'm surprised there are comments about lack of longevity and sillage. I spray this on in the morning, and can still smell it when I get home from work. Also, I get lots of compliments when I wear it. That's with four sprays. One coworker in particular always comments when I wear this stuff. She says I smell "so good and natural".

BTW this review is for the EDT. I have a sample of the EDP, and I like it, but I prefer the EDT. I think the EDT is more of a journey from start to finish.

dsty
dsty

I'm searching for the perfect fig perfume, and after sampling Philosykos a couple of times, I don't think this is it, at least not for me. I like it a lot, but I can't buy everything and if I have to choose I think I prefer something a bit more complex and a bit less realistic for now. This smells like real figs to me, with maybe a tiny bit of coconut and some wood in the background. Not a perfume-like smell at all, it just doesn't smell man-made. It is very nice though, and very interesting, so I'm sure I'll revisit this at some point later on.

ynde
ynde

The most realistic fig scent ever! I grew up with fig trees in the back garden and figs (both fresh and dried) being staples in my diet. This is not just the fresh fruit, but the tree, and the leaves, and the smell of it being gently warmed on a summer day spreading throughout the garden. The coconut keeps it fruity and complements the fig nicely, though I don't particularly understand it's place in the fragrance. Also the only 'green' scent I've ever been able to tolerate.

brettashley
brettashley

I love this. It's figs right off the branch - the green of the leaf, the sweet fruitiness of the fig itself, the creamy wood underneath. Beautiful for summer, and every person I've shown it to has gasped in appreciation. However, and this is quite heartbreaking to report, Philosykos disappears extremely quickly. (Note: I have the EDT, not the EDP.) I spray probably 6-8 times in an effort to get it last longer, and have resorted to carrying the bottle around to refresh the scent. I really hope the EDP is just as mouthwateringly delicious, only a bit stronger - it's a shame something so lovely can't hang around just a bit longer.

daithi
daithi

Figs and woods sorrounded by notes of Mediterranean breeze. The EDP version is a must: it's darker, woodier and extremely elegant.

polly golightly
polly golightly

purtroppo nella versione edt, quindi poco persistente. è fresco, morbido lievemente dolce questo meraviglioso profumo ispirato ad un giardino greco. le note di foglie di fico si percepiscono all'inizio, con un effetto di erba appena tagliata. le note fruttate di fico emergono con lentezza verso il cuore dell'accordo, assieme ad un accenno di cocco. molto gradevole e raccomdandato per giornate calde.olivia non delude mai :)

po
po

Review for the EDT

The opening is intensely fresh and green, a very realistic fig accord (more leaves than the ripe fruit which has a syrupy honey-like scent) and then it transitions to a coconut skin scent (think raw coconut milk, not sun tan lotion) There is a hint of cedar in the drydown but the scent is barely detectable at this point.

Philosykos bright and milky, lightly sweet and smells very natural. What I like most about it is that it's at relaxing (reminiscent of summer holidays) and stimulating (green, fresh) at the same time. Highly unlikely to offend anyone.

Only drawback; it really is a light and fleeting fragrance, needs to be oversprayed and reapplied, therefore low value for money. Tried the EDP too before purchasing and although woodier and less bright it didn't perform much better. The body lotion is true to the scent (at least when it comes to the top notes since it stays on the green side and doesn't evolve to coconut) but fades soon too so I don't think it would boost the sillage or the longevity.

I don't regret getting a big bottle so far since it's so joyful and I do love it but I'm not sure if it's a staple. I mean, when the girl sitting next to you in the bus chews a watermelon flavored gum which projects stronger than your freshly applied perfume there's clearly something wrong (with the perfume or the gum)

Would recommend for those who are tired of citrus and other typical summer scents and don't mind reapplying or prefer switching scents throughout the day.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

This is for the edt version which is nice but sillage and longevity is terrible. 4 hours if you are lucky so I guess that's why they did an EDP version. Marc Jacobs and L'Artisan's versions are much better in every category, specifically the one that counts the most, your wallet or purse. This is more about fig and other greens while the other's are straight up fig/coconut. Overall I don't like it and would and prefer the MJ and L'Artian versions.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

I dug out my notes on L'Artisan's Premier Figuier Extreme, since people keep comparing the two, and because I remember that one as having quite a bit of coconut to it as well. In fact, what I had written was this: "coconut, and sandalwood. milky (they say almond milk). vanilla drydown." You notice there is no mention of figs anywhere in that description? (And look-two reviews for the price of one!)

Philosykos, on the other hand, is very green. Its top note smells the way forest plants do when you crush them underfoot backwoods hiking, you know, going off trail. And then you smell wood, regular woodshop wood, not anything fancy, just something pleasant you might smell while you're planing down a piece of whatever to build a birdhouse or a magazine rack. The next thing that happens is that it turns creamy, and then just as fast coconutty-what is it with figs and coconuts?

I love the supergreen top note and wish it stayed longer-in fact, the whole perfume is pretty short-lived. Though it might wear better if it was on the fabric of my clothes and not just on my wrist. All in all, I think it's nummy.

Edit: After three-plus hours, the green smell is back. Creamy green instead of sharp green. Strange but true. Very happy-making.

Maride
Maride

I've been thinking about how to write this review and the only thing that comes to my mind is: this is how I've always wanted to smell! When I first put it on it smelt so familiar yet was something completely new to me. Warm but not too spicy, earthy but fresh and green but with a luscious heart. This could make me into a monofumista (well, as long as I can still flirt with samples on the side)

Update: The last couple of days I've been wearing Premier Figuier Extreme by L`Artisan. I really love that one too and in many ways they are quite similar. To me though the PFE is sweeter, more creamy and stronger with an impressive lasting power and sillage that Philosykos can't really compete with. That said I still prefer Philosykos - it's greener and more dry - but I wouldn't mind having both if I should be so lucky :)

thehanna
thehanna

Unfortunately, because of the popularity of thier candles, I have smelled this in department stores, salons and furniture stores. Also, since so many people were wearing this when it came out, something about this now seems dated.

Might smells more contemporary on a man than a woman.

Upper East Side
Upper East Side

It's ok. A rep for the fragrance said it doesnt have any coconut. So, I'm not sure why coconut is listed in the notes.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Coconut water and milk! Yum! Just enough green in it to make it very fresh smelling. A wonderful summer fragrance! A great scent for anyone who wants a coconut-y feel without turning suntan lotion. I look forward to wearing this as the weather gets warmer!

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

This is definitely more of a cedar-coconut-fig, than the creamy Fig found with L'Artisan. Cedar is romance, and creamy is more sexuality.

I feel torn in trying to describe their differences as they are awfully similar. I do like cedar, and I think the cedar enunciates the fig here a lot more. But then I like the way the coco-fig develops in Premier because of the sweetness evoked. But there's an undeniable charm to cedar - it reminds me of old cedarwood chests - not in a dusty way, but something natural, rustic and timeless.

I think that this one is a little stronger than the original L'Artisan, as I have not tried the Extreme, and I only feel like weighing them because of their interesting relationship in being very alike.

I think it all depends on whether you prefer your fig to be more cedar or more milk, as it does change the dynamic on contact with one's skin chemistry.

The mood and feeling is fresher too with Philosykos. It's less dark and eccentric, and more breezy, evoking a feeling of holidays. It's not to say it is far less milky, or a fragrance lacking in complexity, but it reveals itself differently on the wearer than PF, which sits more quietly and fades rather quickly, where as the longevity and strength of this is pronounced, despite the fact it gives a lighter feeling. It's a pleasure to wear.

schokolade
schokolade

I don't know why, but to me, this feels very cozy.
Especially when the weather is hot, the fig and coconut become very warm and fuzzy, like a skin scent, or a home scent???? very natural.
But it doesn't mean that philosykos is rather a winter perfume.
In winter it's just like cold, metallic coconut.
In that point, this is very interesting to me. Perfect fuzzy fragrance for summer days.
So please tell me, is it only me who think like this?

CabaretRed
CabaretRed

This is ultimate freshness - a walk in the cool, gray morning through a fern-filled forest after a night of rain. The fig notes and the coconut are in a mist of woody green, creating this uniquely cool, wet-green scent.

Philosykos seems like both a celebration of the warming of spring and an analgesic for the mid-day summer heat. It's a beautiful scent.

alberto1964
alberto1964

Green, green, green notes only and nothing else. Simple and simplistic.

rinz09
rinz09

On me this is spicy playdough smell. Not attractive in the slightest. I guess figs and I are meant to be in a strictly eating kind of relationship. Oh well! I can see how this fume smells DIVINE on others though.

deloca
deloca

I'll tell ya'll one thing about this perfume. I know for a fact that Ellen Degeneres wears this perfume most of the time

WendyMH

My excitement in having my beloved Philosykos come in a stronger, longer lasting EDP rather than EDT has quickly wilted. The EDP smells VERY different. No creamy coconut, green, figgy, woody wonderfulness. No creamy anything that I can detect. Musk with a bit of fig. My apologies Philosykos EDT - you will not be forsaken again!!

Dawnofthedeb
Dawnofthedeb

When I first sniffed this frag, I loved it. The sharp green notes, mmmm fig and coconut. I'm not sure why, but all of a sudden the smell started to remind me of something...very unusual. I thought about it for awhile and came to the conclusion that it reminds me of rubber balloons. I was relieved to see other reviewers smelling a rubber note in this as well, so thankfully it's not just me. Anytime I put it on now all I smell is rubber balloons :(

This review is for the EDP version, so I will be sampling the EDT also.

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

Opens very sharp green, herbal, fig leaf. Like you crushed a bunch of the leaves and put the juice on your skin. Almost like crushed ferns too. Then a while later I smell some kind of light purple flower? If that makes any sense at all. Im having trouble ID'ing what it is, maybe the fig? Its nice whatever it is but not what im looking for.

jasmin5327
jasmin5327

Green fig leaves are the main scent, not the overly sweet scent of figs themselves. Extremely fresh and lovely, best for summertime. Even my dad who hates any type of fragrance gave his nod of approval to Philosykos.

steve0580
steve0580

This is a fragrance where there is a huge difference between the EDT and EDP. I couldn't stand the EDT but love the EDP. I started out sampling but ended up buying a full bottle of the EDP.

I'm going to admit that I don't really know what a fig smells like. I do know what coconut smells like and I don't get a heavy coconut smell out of this. It must be mixed very well, because neither the fig or coconut is overpowering.

What I do smell is a VERY green fragrance. It reminds me of the smell of breaking open a new green branch on a maple tree in the spring.

The fragrance is good but unfortunately, at least on me, it suffers sillage and longevity problems. Even with 6 or so sprays of the EDP, it's a soft fragrance with only moderate longevity. I bought it direct from the Diptyque website, so I'm sure it's not counterfeit and I highly doubt that it's old stock - it's just the way the fragrance is.

If you like a soft, green fragrance with moderate longevity, buy it but as far as I'm concerned, I won't rebuy based on how weak it is.

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

I tried this today, it does smell exactly like Avon Rare Sapphires, except according to the reviews the silliage for Rare Sapphires is better

le8159
le8159

This is a very soft and easy to wear fragrance and gives you a really figgy smack in the face. I can see why it is a firm favourite of Diptyque lovers everywhere but I personally find it a tad flat, sweet and simple. I prefer Jo Malone's Wild Fig & Cassis which is greener, earthier and more well rounded but still has a juicy sweetness (only on the skin though, I get very little sweetness on a tester strip so don't let this put you off trying it) Every year for about 20 years I visit Portugal with my family and Wild Fig & Cassis perfectly captures the experience of fig picking for me. I could probably be persuaded to buy the light sweet figgy offerring from Diptyque in the future but if I had to choose 1 then Jo Malone wins for me.

angelayio
angelayio

This is the most realistic fig tree scent. Green,fresh but also after a while sweet and warm. Very "round" scent, with no sharp edges, so greatly crafted.I find it suitable for any weather, actually I wear it in winter time. Mediterranean winter, but still.

minif
minif

How much i love this smell!Its not that amazing on me but on my mother its smells just gorgeous.Smell of sophisticated gentle and strong woman.Very motherly smell for me.Smells like home.Over four bottle used,she can't get enough of it.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

This smells like wood and old grass and remains linear on my skin for the whole duration of the time that it is worn.
Of all the Diptyque fragrances this is my least favourite. It's very green and cold.
That said, this is a masterpiece of ingredients, an orchestra of finely tuned olfactory notes.
Excellent high quality perfume but not feminine enough for me and if I'm honest, it doesn't react well with the chemistry of my skin.

bcray82
bcray82

Go with the parfum. The EDT just ends up smelling like Bath and Bodyworks coconut. Not woody enough to pass as unisex or a men's fragrance.

Not the best green fig fragrance. Not truly enough. I know minimum several more truly than this one in perfumes world, despite the fig is not too popular note.

soloManolo
soloManolo

i have to point out two things about this wonderful fragrance...first about the seemingly linear vibe it gives to some, is ,due to the enforced smell of fig in the top notes...but don't worry.The dry down is the real masterpiece to this as the coconut milk really makes it blend in a really soft and marvellous manner which leads me to my second point of lasting power that i think is, the best ever in any fragrance I've ever used before.it just seems to stay, although in a subtle, (but nonetheless) noticeable way.

harmonia
harmonia

Diptyque is a fragrance house that always live up to it's high standards and reputation. While Eau Duelle and Eau Lente are my favourites, Philosykos is somewhere at the lower end of the list. It's fresh and green, like bruising a fig leaf still attached to the tree. The fruit still unripe. It's nice but lacks depth and body. A mature aspect of a ripe or even dried fig would be interesting to add, in theory anyway. I would like to try layering with something heavier.

And out of curiosity, does anyone else see garlics instead of figs on the bottle label? It was my spontaneous interpretation when I first saw it, and it seems impossible to get it out of my mind.

konami125
konami125

Like it. Don't love it. For me it is just TOO realistic. Rather not smell like a fern in the morning dew, but if you do...this is the scent for you.

As soon as I smelled this I was bowled over!

Fig scents to me are almost always aimed at women and where I'm not a huge lover of the note anyway I keep coming across fragrances which contain fig.
I'm drawn to them without prior knowledge that they are going to be there, so now I just go with it.

This one is the most outragously figgy scent you could imagine. It explodes out of the bottle with the most lush, ripe, gorgeous smell.
I have the Acqua di Parma Blu Med Fico and that is very mellow and understated in comparison.
Originality is the key to all the scents in the Diptyque line although the ingredients are similar to others used across the perfumery industry they are able to set themselves apart from the crowd with some wonderful smelling fragrances.
Everything I've smelled so far (only about 6 of them) is stunningly good at a fairly reasonable price.
The best fig scent I've smelled hands down and it drys down beautifully giving a little coconut...magic!

Update: I still love this but my girlfriend really doesn't she said "If you get it... don't wear it when I'm around." Knowing I have juice to pick from but still that's not the point I thought this (although figgy) had a wider appeal and was pretty inoffensive to most tastes.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

NUTTY & GREEN

Fresh, green, with a distinctive nut-like note. (Not necessarily 'coconut' - rather more just 'nutty'.)

Easy to wear. linear, with a soft projection.

(It's in the same world as Creed's Virgin Island Water.)

After sampling some heavy hitters, this was a refreshing departure.

ouchka
ouchka

I have put on Philosokos for 3 days now (EDP formula) . I love the initial note of fresh fig but I am not impressed with the quick dry down : it loses it its freshness and leaves me with a beautiful scent of coconut. so I keep getting back and spritzing more because I love the initial note soooo so much.
Although I never did it before, I went ahead and mixed it with L'ombre dans l'eau from the same brand ( Reading on Fragrantica about mixing fragrances which until now was a no no for me!) and Bam! I have everlasting freshness and fig blast: those two mix so well!
Now dilemma: Will I buy two bottles in order to get my fill of heaven?

joplinbaby

this is so perfect and good!
makes me daydream...

ed
ed

Wow, when first sprayed, it's like a blast of pure natural GREEN. Plants, grass, leaves and maybe weeds (!) .... followed by a hint of coconut. Interesting, but I don't find it very wearable at all. I'm not sure that I should smell like a freshly mowed lawn.

fooluae
fooluae

hello i got oil sample

it smell just like first note and from behind coconut

hate or love

i just say smell good but i pass
kind smell u got bored of it

look smell little like indian hair coconut oil

ultracat
ultracat

This is my go-to fig scent, the only one of which I own a bottle. It's green, green fig. The coconut for me is not as pronounced as in L'Artisan's Premier Figuier Extreme (more on that in a second). There's a hint of cedar that rounds it out the fig's sweetness nicely. It's a really lovely comforting smell which I mostly like to wear around the house. It's not a perfume that screams "sex". It's very a scent autumn/winter for me, evocative of afternoon walks in the park among damp fallen leaves. When I do wear it outside (and often even when inside, to be honest), I layer with Diptyque's Tam Dao because the sharpness sandalwood alongside the fig's creamy sweetness is heavenly.

As much as I like Philosykos, this may be my last bottle. I recently sampled Premier Figuier Extreme and was really pleased with the prominent coconut, as well as the addition of sandalwood which makes layering unnecessary. Premier Figuier Extreme is not precisely the same scent as Philosykos layered with Tam Dao, of course. But it's similar enough - plus coconut! - that it may be my new fig scent. We'll see.

All that said, Philosykos is lovely and complex, with nice sillage and lasting power. If you're torn, I'd suggest sampling both and seeing which suits you.

njaalgahaisyeini
njaalgahaisyeini

This scent actually upsets me! It is so life-like that it's infuriating. It is VERY GOOD if you like that sort of thing but this seems to be one of those perfumes that are more realistic than wearable. The opening notes' greenness is notable but the drydown is a lot softer and milkier. An exciting scent for sure, I will find wear for this.

Imadele
Imadele

I am wondering if anyone has tried the perfumed oil version ..

WendyMH

If there is one perfume that I've ever picked up and loved immediately, this is it. The whole composition just met me, standing there at the Liberty of London counter. Everything else just swirled into darkness and I was standing with my eyes closed seeing myself in an enchanted garden.

There is something so beautifully luscious, fresh, green, real, juicy and creamily inviting about this scent. I wouldn't have immediately realized coconut was in the notes, but as soon as I saw it listed it made perfect sense. That must be where the juicy figs find their creamy grounding. I recently found myself sitting under a fig tree and the scent was an exact softer match of this perfume. Olivia knew of what she concocted. Just love. Have I mentioned that already??

butterbean
butterbean

I was looking for something that was different, lightly sweet, green, fresh - I purchased Philosykos.

This is a very realistic natural fig. It smells like walking by my fig trees when the fruit is ripening. You get the whole scent of the fruit, woody and green leafy aspects.

The coconut is very nutty coconut that is not overly sweet. It adds a lovely creamy aspect that enhances the fig notes. This is not a tropical sweet coconut and in no way overpowers the scent.

I have both the EdT and EdP versions.

EdP starts out stronger blast of the fig, woody green with coconut.
EdT comes out sweeter and a little more on the coconut side.

While the EdP dries down to what the EdT starts out as - the EdP only lasts maybe an hour or 2 longer.

I wish the whole scent was more intense, as I like to wear it in fall. It is GREAT in summer heat or when your body heat is a bit higher. The coconut sweet does seem to project more in warmer months.

RugosaAlba
RugosaAlba

Finally a fig fragrance that is not drowning in the synthetic cedar/musk powder.
Philosykos Diptyque smells natural and immensely feminine on my skin. It's creamy woodiness and the characteristic depth resembles another fragrance from 90s-Dolce Vita, which is more festive and celebratory, while Philosykos is all I want from a slightly understated, zen state fragrance. Now, since it seems that it will never be enough for me of Philosykos, should I get EDP and add a solid perfume too?
The gently nutty creamy smell of fresh unbleached organic wheat flour fused with freshness of the fig leaves is probably what I like here. Not to disappoint anyone, but I do not smell any coconut. Other fig fragrances I have smelled were more citrusy fresh, which slightly distructs from the essence of fig.

evilspin
evilspin

Nice & unique, not much fragrances use the fig note. If you smell a rubber-like scent you have a nose...the cause of the rubber scent is the concoction of oak moss, fig leaf & cedar/cypress. Two other fragrances that have this mix is Marc Jacobs for men & Bvlgari black. Marc Jacobs is amazing & better than this one & also smells a bit like a beach day, coconut tanning lotion perfect for summer. While the Bvlgari Black smells similar to this with a more vanilla & car tire scent.

Germany
Germany

philosykos is a great fresh cut grass scent with a sweet fig undertone. It brings to mind holidays and outdoors , weeds waving in the wind and the oder of fig trees swirling around , somewhere close is a waterfall , you can smell the wet leaves , so fresh , sweet and natural and a little milky and dewy.

Update, starts out green, sweet, wet and grassy fresh then turns into soft milky sweet , creamy coconut woody ,FiG scent. Absolutely love it. It's not like perfume, its like a real smell of plant and nature. It's a Feeling of Mediterranean countries particular Greece,..,,,,,,Athenian, Spartan, ....................it was under a fig tree that Adam and Eve have hidden after eating the for bitten fruit .

milkyway
milkyway

To me this a a cologne take on AP's Premier Figuer. There is a fresh and zesty fig note(more leaf than fruit) with rather prominent woody undertones and quite a lot of fresh citrus thrown in the mix..

Worn on its own it's just like any other good quality cologne(Acqua di Parma)..The woods are quite prominent so there's this "masculine" note you find in colognes too..

I personally enjoy it- it would be good for warmer weather, and,possibly, mixed with something sweeter, it could be worn in colder months too..But even though I enjoy it- I personally wouldn't spend the amount on the price tag on a colgne like this..

Kealoha87
Kealoha87

I sprayed this and my sister complained that I wreaked of weeds! I told her to give it a couple minutes as it quickly dries down and becomes something sweet and light. Too bad it doesn't last long at all! For $140 that's very disappointing...and it becomes a skin scent too! It's still a beautiful fragrance, I just won't be buying another bottle.

Note: I got the parfum not toilette.

baruchdr
baruchdr

Very nice frag... But i get an extremely rubbery opening, very peculiar

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

This one is so unusual, but strangely beautiful. I am wearing it for the first time ever today and I put it on without knowing any of the notes because I am in a playful mood to explore together and see what happens.
I get none of the fig and none of the coconut. On me, this is pure mushroom; chanterelle mushroom, to be exact, for the first hour and a half, then it goes straight to a soft cedar with just a hint of green and the peppery note of the chanterelle sits on top. It is literally like walking through a cedar forest full of chanterelle mushrooms, when you have to step very lightly so as not to stomp on the mushrooms.

Considering that I am wearing a very modern color block outfit with a taupe mushroom base color, and orange and fluorescent green accents, my hair is flat ironed straight, and I have heavy, modern eyeliner, this is the only perfume that could possibly fit the bill today. On days like today, when I choose something outside of my favorite florals, the only natural choice would be an etheric woody earthy smell that only Diptyque can do. It sits close to the skin, but radiates like a warm gorgeous golden earthy gossamer veil. GORGEOUS!

jmestone
jmestone

With many fig scents my brain instantly registers "coconut" and "vacation" for some reason, and this feeling is intesified when I smell Philosykos, especially since there is coconut in the middle note.

I love the ability of fig to be sweet and light and fresh, but not fleeting. The coconut backs it up a bit with it's own creamy freshness. The green in this is also very present,and fresh, and windblown (especially at first spritz).

When I first tried it on it smelled a little more green and a touch more masculine than I generally like, but the dry down was really lovely, softening a bit but also spotlighting the fig aspect.

Another beautiful scent from Olivia Giacobetti.

Ritarudna

Smells very green and plant like. I'm not sure if its feminine or masculine. What gender are weeds?

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

For the love of Philosykos, I have to drop a few lines. While there isn't much left for me to say that someone hasn't already, I can't help but wanting to share the X's and O's and big cheesy grins this gorgeous green veil of a fragrance leaves me with! It's the kind of giddyish feeling I remember experiencing as a young kid playing outside in the spring as the weather would start to turn from sunny to overcast and within a matter of minutes being caught in a downpour. And loving it! The Seattle air turned humid and the greenery all around had a familiar milky/wet smell to it. Philosykos Is the memory of a drenched, grass-stained mid-spring afternoon for me. After cherry blossoms have bloomed on the tree and they get rained on, they let offa smooth milky sweetness and although I know cherry blossoms are nowhere near this perfume, the feeling is the same in the milky/fresh/wet greenery kind of way. Green green, wet, green, woods, GREEN! When you wear Philosykos, you will smell like a grass stained kid playing in the rain. And, you'll LOVE IT!

sumojo
sumojo

What a lovely little gem this scent is. I was initially underwhelmed as it's sweet powdery components flooded my senses. But if you wait long enough to assess the dry down, it will not fail you … filled with luscious fruit, nectar really, and pure green notes, with the softest hint of powder … how it does all of this so well, so balanced … and simultaneously, I cannot speculate. Epic win!!!

kazewayz
kazewayz

Such a different scent this. I was transported to the middle of a forest on a lonely night, surrounded by tall green trees, with an aroma of a wet soil. This was nice on the opening as it was earthy, green, and woody. But, then the dry down is even better as it got sweeter, woodier, powdery, and warm. The dry down also reminded me of Marc Jacobs men perfume. A great fragrance from the house of Diptyque. I think this works on any weather. Try it.

woodlandwalk

I've already written a review about this wondrous perfume, but I feel moved to write again!

Now that I've had a few years with this as my signature summer fragrance, I really know its personality inside out. The fig is deliciously dusty, silky and slightly under-ripe. The woods are sun-warmed,restful and comforting.

But alongside that loveliness there's a subtle quality in this perfume like the fresh air of a perfect beach holiday in Greece - it's late afternoon, you're lying underneath a cedar tree, the beach is quiet now - just the slight echoing sound of children's voices playing near the lapping water. A delicious breeze wafts past,the first breeze of the afternoon, wonderfully refreshing - you feel awake to nature, fully in the moment.

I recommend the EDP for longevity, though the EDT is more affordable and also lovely, but you'll need to re-spray or use more than usual for it to last.

freddinos
freddinos

Having grown up in a rural area of Greece,I was surrounded by fig trees in my parents' orchard. I remember late August-early September, when the figs started to ripen and it was time to pick them. My brother and I always ate loads,fresh from the tree, and enjoyed watching my grand mother making fig preserve with the bucketloads that remained. This is what Philosykos is to me: a late August afternoon, picking figs from the tree, smelling the green fig leaves close to my nose and the lingering scent on my hands afterwards. I couldn't wear this perfume in my hometown, simply because everyone would think I'm just coming from fig picking. In the urban, nature deprived life that I live now though, Philosykos is an olfactory journey to those days. When fig leaf wasn't a perfume and figs never tasted better...

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Found this at Holts Renfrew on a stand of its own far away from the other collection of fragrances. I only sniffed the bottle as I was saving my skin for other scents. All I smell is 90% coconut. It is not the usual sweet, oily coconut smell in other fragrances (for example, Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess). Philosykos seemed different - fresher, lighter and not thick. I will test on skin on next visit.

To be updated.
April 28, 2014: I need to be educated. The coconut is actually fig.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Before everything :
Definitley naturel smell , i get a real , i mean "real " fig leaves in the middle of a hot summer day smell with a little sweet coconut vibe , but the only theme is fig leaves , maybe more then the fruit itself.

Secondly , i meantioned summer like everybody else about his perfume , but i dont think it's wearable in the heat , i think it's more suitable for spring and automn so maybe for cold europe and canada great for summer , but not in the real mediterian heat.

A great everyday work versatile fragrance for spring and fall.

last 6+ hours on my skin with very good projection , high quality ingrediant and definitley great price for what u get.

Still , not for summer :P, too much

ecp
ecp

It reminds me a little of very fresh grass clippings mixed with cedar mulch...not a bad thing. Very raw green, with a nice undertone of cedar. On drydown I smelled something which may have been VERY UNRIPE GREEN coconut which eventually faded, leaving a pleasant, though faint remnant of cedar. Fades quickly on me.

I like the scent, but my body chemistry does not seem to bring out the best of this composition. I smelled nothing milky or sweet to sufficiently balance the GREEN, until the final stage where the cedar lingered.

I really wanted to like this...I'm sure it is scrumptous on some people.
Best,
Erin

evesoho
evesoho

A short comparison: Philosykos is more refined than Figue Sauvage, and not as hard-hitting as Taste of Fragrance Womanity. It feels more natural than Demeter's Fig Leaf, and it's more interesting and versatile than Pacifica's Mediterranean Fig. That's enough comparison.

For many, the great thing about the scent of fig is that it isn't as sweet as more customary fruit notes like peach, bergamot and berry. Neither is it completely green, woody, or floral. Unfortunately for me, it's too middle-of-the-road. If I don't want floral, I might wear a sweet strawberry scent. If I don't want sweet, I might wear an oriental leather or herbal chypre...

I'm interested in trying more Diptyque fragrances, because the quality of this perfume is excellent. I only wish it lasted longer. My favourite fig scent right now is still Taste of Fragrance Womanity. I enjoy Philosykos more on my partner's skin than on my own.

Update: I've decided to buy a full bottle for my partner. This is a big deal because he hasn't had a cologne/fragrance in twenty years! I love it on him, and he likes it too - from another room I even saw him sniffing the back of his hand while he was working in his studio after applying it from the sample. He wasn't much into Floris Limes or Guerlain Vetiver, but he likes the Diptyque.... told me that's because the name sounds so cool, but I know better. He's so cute.

MLK
MLK

Philosykos is one of the nicest, everyday perfumes I have ever owned. It always makes me feel happy and relaxed when I put it on. I love the freshness and greeness of the scent. It is my favourite. It also smells nice mixed with other Diptyque fragrances such as Tam Dao or Eau Duelle. Give it a try!
PS, this review is based on the EDT version of Philosykos and even though it is a beautiful fragrance, it does not last long and I find myself always having to spray it on during the day to refresh the scent (I'm addicted to the initial top notes). I am hoping to purchase the EDP version very soon and I will do a review on that one once I have aquired it.

UPDATE: I bought Philosykos EDP and I LOVE it just as much as the edt, maybe even moreso as it lasts longer, is a bit more green and creamy but just as good, if not better than edt. If you like the edt, then you won't go wrong with the edp - I am so glad that I have both because when I love a fragrance like I love this one, I want to have it in all formulations. I will also buy the body cream as I think this would be beautiful to wear on its own or when just relaxing at home.
Second update: I have also recently bought the body cream (in the white jar) and it is just as fresh and lovely as the perfume. I put it on my hands before going to bed and it leaves my hands very soft and supple, however, when I wake up in the morning, the scent is gone. Even when I wear the body cream during the day, the scent lasts about one hour and then it's gone. It is good for layering with the perfume.

I should have tested Philosykos years ago. Who knows why I delayed smelling it until now. For so long Diptyque had seemed such a drab niche house, and now it's sparkling with potential.

Philosykos is easily one of my favourite fig-based scents. It also has a lovely coconut accord. It's green, sweet, rich and woodsy, all the qualities I enjoy in a fragrance.

The opening of Philosykos has a tendency to be rather fruity and jam-like. If you've ever smelt fig jam, then you'll know what I'm talking about. I often find Diptyque fragrances to be a little too light for my personal tastes, but this EDT has marvellous, strong sillage.

Philosykos is a really lush, natural and feminine fragrance. The heart is less fruity, and more coconutty, with a touch of fig leaf adding some greenness to the composition. The cedar note is only evident during the drydown, and while it makes Philosykos more unisex, it provides a pleasant woodsiness at the same time.

In my opinion, Philosykos is a fragrance that you could wear all year round. The coconut freshens it up enough to be worn during a hot Summer night. I will definitely be testing this fragrance again when I'm next near a Diptyque stockist. I recommend.

passionata20
passionata20

06. april 2013

I have a EDT sample sent to me by another member and i have tried it for several times now.

I am very undecided about this one. To be honest i am not into niche frgarances, most of them (true niche, not so many modern fragrances pretending to be niche) are too weird for my nose. Honestly this one is a bit of weird for me to wear it as well.

In the opening for the first miute i smell the sweet fig scent, the kind of fig as a fruit, when it is dried, but then it dissapears very quickly and leaves me with a green coconut scent. All i can smell is mostly coconut, a ripe, fresh milky coconut. I would even say it smells like a coconut milk to my nose. The coconut milk that i drink on a sunny day sitting on a freshly cut green grass. To my nose these two scents are the main in the composition. I can´t say if i like it or not, coconut is a scent i like to sniff but not to wear on myself very much. Yes, it is not cloying coconut, this is airy and green. If i am not mistaken i have smelled something like this in Yves Rocher range of cosmetics. Maybe thier summer oils or summer fragrance from the 90ś. Very close to it, i just can´t remeber the name.

I DO enjoy it and even quite MUCH but i am not sure if i would purchase a full size bottle. Mostly because the sillage is quite weak on my skin and it is still quite weird for my nose, maybe i have to get used to it?

If want something refreshing airy for spring or summer then go for this one, this is very nice one.

sofiii
sofiii

The first time I smelt Philosykos was from my boyfriend’s skin (he was using a decant, which unsniffed, I simply tossed to him), it was woody and fig-y leafy, which made me in love of the scent!

Finally, I have got a chance to try Philosykos on my own skin... It’s not as amazing as I thought.

The start of Philosykos is like a harmonious mixture of fresh, sweet grassy fig, fig leaves and a touch of coconut (as in the green, fresh coconut fruit, not the typical overly sweetened-up and creamed-up version of coconut in many perfumes targeted at the female audiences).

After a while, the coconut-y smell grows a bit more gourmand and sweeter (in a brown-sugar sense, or maybe there is a brown sugar note got added in at this stage, or maybe it’s just the woody element and the coconut combined together playing tricks to my mind) and the whole composition evokes my memories of eating fig (as the dried, jerky fig fruit). I’ve always been rather ambivalent towards figs, but this scent at this stage really makes me feel deeply repelled by it with a slight headache.

About 4 hours later, that’s the time Philosykos starts to shine in my opinion, it smells woodier (cedar wood) and much more well-balanced and grounded, all of a sudden, the fig scent is no longer that annoying like a imperfect violin solo, I guess it’s all due to the wood.
I love the last stage a lot, but to suffer the fig scent so much to get to the last stage, I won’t do it.

Philosykos might be the scent which will make me a believer of skin chemistry! Even though my experience with this scent wasn’t all positive (due to my dislike of the coconut-y fig part), I still highly recommend any female to try it, if you like natural-y fig + coconut, as well as a veil-like woody undertone. If you are a male, according to my limited observation, Philosykos works wonders on the male body chemistry.

kvk
kvk

I expected more. This isn't that special. Doesn't last long on me ( 1 hr max.) OK but not really good.

supergirl83221
supergirl83221

The fig and weirdness of Womanity grew on me, but this fig somewhat reawakens some unpleasant memories i had. I believe in power of the perfumes in evoking memories and experiences, but the greenness of this fig is the woody and sappy green you get when you scrape off the bark from the stem. Deserves the credit that this smells almost natural. Im sure this is a beautiful scent, as reflected by the positive reviews here, but I am not a big fan, especially at the opening blast of figs. I do get the soft coconut later on drydown, which in a way, is the saving factor for me.

flkirkland
flkirkland

Nice frag but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I need to wear it 2 or 3 more times. Off the bat, it took me by surprise with how green the fig is. Some people mention sweet, but I'm not getting much. It truly reminds me of crushing up green leaves and stems in your hand. Green, but raw. Hints of coconut layered under there, but it only makes a slight appearance. I like the juice, but not sure how viable it is as a daily one. I'll update more once I wear a few more times.

Edit- I've worn this juice 4 or 5 times now and I have to say - I really do like it! I actually crave the milky green fig at times and this is one that I will definitely hold on to!

John_John
John_John

very original! very daring ... a bit malicious that milky fig in there... Lovely!

ellen1159
ellen1159

I don't know what a real fig tree smells like, up close and personal, so I'll have to take everyone's word for it that this is a true botanical fig scent. I found the sweet aspect, perhaps the coconut notes, too forwardand assertive, so the overall experience for me was too sweet. My chemistry didn't have the same interaction as the the wearers in the rave reviews, and I'm jealous!

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

What a GREAT scent. I can't wait for warmer days so I can wear it.
It's so GREEN. This is not your typical 'fig' scent you can find on the market advertised for women. It's not your fruity-vanilla fig.

I should not be sampling it in the winter - it just feels so wrong in this cold weather, but I can see the potential of this being quite divine. I love it.

I've been obsessed with coconut all my life, I got plenty of body lotions, body butters, body shop sprays looking for the perfect coconut which to me hasn't been captured - and let me tell you - Diptyque has done it right on this one! It's spot on coconut. The fresh, creamy coconut without any bullshit vanilla or synthetic accents. I hope they will do some other coconut scent in the future.
(12)

Housebliss
Housebliss

No. I can't get past the initial blast of weeds. Not grass, but weeds. I remember smelling like this in kindergarten after I'd been rolling around in the bushes.

The Shelter
The Shelter

An addicting fig fragrance from Diptyque...
A MUST have in summertime...ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!

lalanast
lalanast

Damn, it's addicting!
And people, WHAT does Philosykos remind me of?? Can't get it out of my head ever since the first spray!

A fellow fragrant traveler asked a great question earlier today: how does Heeley FIGUIER compare with Diptyque PHILOSYKOS? As I was thinking about the differences between the two creations, it occurred to me that I had yet to review PHILOSYKOS, so this seemed like the perfect time!

I have to confess that I did not buy my bottle of PHILOSYKOS. It was included as an extra thrown in as a part of a multi-swap which I made with a wonderful woman from Vancouver. She had used about half her 100 ml bottle and apparently "hit the wall", so to speak. This happens sometimes with fig perfumes, it seems.

How lucky I felt, since based on an earlier cursory test I would probably not have selected this before some of the other Diptyque creations, but having found myself with a bottle, I began to wear it now and then and eventually came to realize how much I appreciate the scent.

To me PHILOSYKOS, like FIGUIER, is an open, fresh and completely natural-smelling composition. The difference may seem subtle, but it's patent if one compares the two creations side-by-side. The Heeley is very, very green and very, very wet. The Diptyque is slightly green but not drenched in water and a little bit sweeter. I feel the fruit in this composition where I do not so much in the Heeley, probably because the green is so heightened that it shrouds the sweetness from my nose. When I say that PHILOSYKOS is not drenched in water, I mean that it is much less moist than FIGUIER, which I likened to a fig tree in the middle of a rainforest. One reviewer hit on the perfect term: misty. I also like his comparison of PHILOSYKOS to a watercolor painting. To me this creation feels like a breeze: cool and airy.

PHILOSYKOS offers a perfect blend of fig and fig leaf, along with the lightest touch of coconut and a good dose of light woods. The cedar is quite evident, and it smells natural and fresh. My bottle is of the eau de toilette, not the eau de parfum, so I cannot offer any insights into the differences between the two.

What I like most of all about PHILOSYKOS is that it creates an atmosphere of tranquility. I feel that this genre is very similar to what Jean-Claude Ellena has done with the Hermès Jardin series.

yume9
yume9

joplinbaby : yes, definetly it lasts longer; also I get other notes then in EDT - more leaves and wood, less fruits.
The poetic description on the official site says: (EDP) "The sun is at its peak. The famous fig tree comes in a different guise, less fruity and warmed till white-hot by a mist of cedar. Wooded and racy, the nourishing accents from its bark and luxuriant foliage envelop the scent."
Also they have a perfume oil, I bet it lasts longer.

earthy+organic+fig leafs+summertime+greek beach= philosykos

if mother nature wore perfume, this was what she would choose

p.s: longevity should be very long lasting and it's not :(
does the EDP lasts longer???? anyone?

cezarmac

Another day and other thoughts.Different than yesterday im not confused anymore.
Perfect balanced every single note is separated as a puzzle i mean you just need give opportunity to Philosykos be matched.The beatiful green is peaceful since from the very beginning until the end and followed by a realistic fig smell we have the sensation almost close to be in fig plantation.Countdown for the next phase because the fig get mature and sweeter like on a tree ready to be harvested,either way the fresh green smell still present,piece by piece coconut comes out very comfortable and pleasant as well a couple minutes after it becomes in to milky coconut in right time the fresh green is softening like a breezy and together the warmness of milk make you feel cuddled as a unique feeling,wow.
I could give 10 but unfortunately the longevity is something inappropriate for such marvellous smell what doesnt mean it is out the "Must to try fragrances".

josemcampos
josemcampos

I love this fragancy! One of the best fig perfumes I have ever tried. This one is particulary green orientated, which gives it a neutral and less femenine point. Fig in the beginning, green in the heart. Well-mannered and elegant.

cezarmac

Got damn!What another word to starts off my review?Sorry if it sounds rude for you but I'm just sprayed like 45 minutes ago and still on my mind the open up impression.Its get me a little bit confused because,how could a green smell mix so easy with a sweet coco milk while a natural fig is sreaming louder as a lackey wanting notoriety?
Now i've had laid down wanting to share with some girl this pleasant and beautiful smell before its fades away,definitely i'm not alone though.I got you Philosykos.
I still don't know how to answer my question,in other words thatmix can be called as a masterpiece and i hope for a lasting long.

galina27
galina27

I love this! It opens up with a strong green leaf and stems scents, like you grab the leaf and squeezed it in your palms. The scents instantly take me to my childhood time, running around between trees and grass. Then it becomes softer and mellow, but still you can feel the green in it. I love Figuier by James Heeley too. It more sweet, powdery and feminine tough.
At first I thought Philosykos's longevity and sillage are weak, but one time I used this in the morning, and after 8 hours, I met my mother and she asked me what beautiful perfume I was wearing ! She still can smelled it!
Maybe because I also sprayed it to my blouse?

DOTMASTER
DOTMASTER

perfect use of mediterranean fig,you can feel like if you are on a spaniard or italian wild beach, pity its short lasting

kankri
kankri

Another fragrance I absolutely must acquire. This is almost pure fig.

When I was a child my parents would take me to farms that let you pick your own fruit, and I remember there was one that had enormous fig trees. Fig trees that towered over you. You could walk into the middle of them and be surrounded on all sides by the scent of figs. I was enchanted back then and this really brings me back, this is pure memory for me. Soft grass underfoot, fig leaves on all sides, and the succulent, honey-sweet flesh of figs.

I also notice coconut following behind the figs, but it isn't very powerful.

This smell doesn't change much at all, but it manages to encompass all these varieties of scents, an entire experience, completely.

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

What I like about this perfume is that it is interesting because of it's unique character, and abuility to hit you all at once with the characters of each note emerging all at once. It is not a wow, what are you wearing kind of fragrance. But what I do love about it,is the unique quality that you can capture all of the notes at once, each one stands out. It really is a beauty to be able to do that. Most fragrances are flat, and you can only catch one note, as they move onto the next in time. But this perfume is, best I can describe...A musical chord. Every individual note coming out at the same time, and distinguishable...Making it unique. And worth giving it a try.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I have the EDT. To me this is a clean, sweet and green scent. None too sweet and simple enough to border on linear. Sweetness of ripe figs, tartness and crispness of green living things, given some lushness by coconut but the coconut for me remains well-behaved in the background and doesn't shine like in suntan lotion. In the drydown it becomes slightly more woody but no serious wood notes ever come into play. This remains lighthearted and relaxed all the way. I'm thinking...Monet's Water Lily Pond 1899. I doubt there were figs or coconuts there but that's the imagery this brings to mind. Peaceful greens resting in sun-dappled ponds with a lazy breeze breaking through the bright sunshine.

unquote
unquote

Bought the EDP version of this last night.

I won't dwell into the notes because there aren't many here. Also, most people are already familiar with them, for the right reasons.

Let me say one thing, though. Believe me, it made me believe that it's possible to bring heaven to earth.

While this is a figgy perfume, it's equally coconutty. The fig and fig leaf part of the perfume is very nice. It's the coconut part I am not fond of. It smells too saccharine to me, like this coconut pancake syrup my family likes to bring back from Hawaii. Or if you are familiar with Asian food products, it smells like young coconut from a glass jar, the kind that comes packed in a thick, sugary syrup. While I like this kind of coconut in my desserts on occasion, I can't stand the smell of it on my skin. No bueno. Sorry.

Kain
Kain

We have a fig tree in our yard and I know exactly how fig smell like.
This fragrance open up with very natural and beautiful fig note and some green notes in the background. it's slightly sweet. very smooth and pleasant smell.
As time goes by, the scent become sweeter and coconut kicked in. the mid is something between fig and coconut smell!
It's doesn't smell completely like natural fig and it doesn't smell like a natural coconut as well.
Personally I prefer the opening.
Both projection and longevity is weak on my skin.
يه عطر بسيار طبيعي بر پايه ميوه انجير كه بوي خيلي خوبي داره
اولش بوش كاملا مثل انجير طبيعي هست. بوي ميوه طبيعي انجير رو ميشه حس كرد به اضافه كمي رايحه هاي سبز و گياهي و به مقدار خيلي خيلي كم شيرين
ما خودمون تو حياط خونه درخت انجير داريم و بوي اين عطر دقيقا من رو ياد ميوه تازه انجير ميندازه
در ادامه بوي عطر شيرين تر ميشه و كمي بوي نارگيل به اون اضافه ميشه
راستش شخصا از بوي مياني زياد خوشم نيومد. بوش يه چيزي مابين انجير و نارگيل هست كه نه كاملا بوي طبيعي انجير ميده مثل اولش و نه بوي خيلي طبيعي نارگيل. يه چيزي حد وسط ايناست
پخش بو و ماندگاري خوبي نداره متاسفانه
اگه بوي نارگيل بهش اضافه نميشد و همون بوي اوليه رو تا آخر حفظ ميكرد به نظر من خيلي بهتر بود
البته اين ممكن بود باعث بشه بوش يكنواخت بشه براتون اما شخصا ترجيح ميدادم اينجوري باشه و جدا از اون ماندگاري اون در حد 2-3 ساعت بيشتر نيست و قبل از اينكه بخواد بوش براتون تكراري بشه از روي پوست محو شده

Ajay83

Ok all, confirmed directly from Dyptique via email to me.
"The EDT is more fruity and the EDP more woody."

Personally I will get the EDT because it's the fig I am after, even if it does last short. Just use an atomizer, price is reasonable anyway.

Nomorestars
Nomorestars

Smells amazing to start off! Fresh figs; delicious enough to eat! Unfortunately, this overripened on my skin after about 20 minutes and dried down to a rotten mango kind of scent. Also, my wrist developed a rash so I had to wash it off.

I would love to smell how this frag develops on someone else; from what I can tell, it is a very complex and unique design.

Ajay83

There's a EDP version of this one. Just ordered a sample from theperfumedcourt.com so it will be interesting to compare them.

Czarette
Czarette

At the barn where I ride there's an enormous fig tree. This is a perfect rendition of its fruit but I agree with whomever said its linear. And to me it's boring. I want to smell like something original. Not that figs arent delicious. Maybe if it was layered? Glad I just got a small sample

SuperUltraFabulous
SuperUltraFabulous

Give yourself a hug.

With this EDT, it’s warm, loving, natural, comforting, and even joyful. In fact, I’ve been giddy all day since wearing it; it just makes you happy.

The opening is the damp soil, the soft grey bark of the Ficus carica and its green, pubescent leaves. But it’s all about the fruits, the hard green figs that become sumptuous and ripe, a glaucous deep purple with a tear of syrup at the ostiole. These figs—beckoning you to pluck them from the tree—are only a spray or two away.

Notes:

• The largest volume is 100ml / 3.4oz for $120. I feel this price is good for the complexity and quality of the fragrance.

• No headaches, rashes, or sensitivities to report.

• Completely natural. NO SYNTHETIC NOTES!

• For me, the intro is green, and you get the soil, and the leaves and the bark.

• The fragrance then gets sweeter but never cloying.

• The drydown is very soft and comforting, some men may feel this is feminine. I recommend the fewest amount of sprays to avoid this?

• Over-spraying will result in a very slight metallic sheen to the figs in the drydown that you’ll detect if your doing a lot of nose-to-wrist business (which you will).

• It lasts a very long time on me—all day.

• I feel positive and happy wearing this. Your cheeks will ache from smiling so much.

• Perfect for day, summer. Appropriate in the evening, summer. Potentially appropriate for fall, even winter.

• The drydown is also creamy which adds to this fragrance’s trans-seasonal potential.

• As a man, I don’t feel ‘sexy’ per se, but the creamy drydown alludes to these possibilities. (But don’t buy this just for sexy-time).

• Appropriate for a man and woman. Young and old.

• Mood: casual. Attire: casual. Not for work days at PriceWaterhouseCoopers or similar venues.

I just purchased this fragrance so I will perform more ‘tests’ in the near future, performing various activities, indoors and out, hot and cold days, on clothes or on the skin.

• Projection is still being determined.

I have samples of James Heeley’s Figuier, L’Artisan Parfumeur Premier Figuier (EDT), and Hermes’s Un Jardin en Mediterranee. I will do a comparison soon too.

Enjoy!

(…my first review)

ZELJO
ZELJO

mediterranean wild garden-forest in a parfum... dont miss it, stunning, great

heatherine
heatherine

I am heartbroken - I have waited so long and with such great anticipation to sample this lauded fig fragrance. My sample arrived and with eager nose I opened my vial and sniffed. It was amazing out of the bottle and upon opening on my skin. Green, juicy, wonderful fig swirled around my senses. I swooned over this at first. Then the sadness...it turned sour on my skin within an hour. Damn you chemistry!

frogsnsnails
frogsnsnails

Philosykos, by far, has been the most agreeable on me out of all the major fig scents out there. I have tried many others, notably: PG's Jardins de Kerylos, L'Artisan's Premier Figuier, HEELEY's Figuier, Profumum's Ichnusa, Hermes' Un Jardin en Méditerranée, and Jo Malone's Wild Cassis and Fig (I've tried more but who wants an encyclopedia here?).

I wasn't always into fig perfumes, and fig is not up everyone's alley. But when I smelled my first fig scent (I think it was Jo Malone's Wild Cassis and Fig) I discovered a unique and distinct sexiness to it that is not found in other common notes.

Philosykos is just gorgeous. Woody, earthy, creamy, milky, fresh, and oooooozing with fig juice but the woods makes it dry at the same time. Definitely unisex, I would LOVE to smell this on a man, but on a woman it brings out more of its delicateness. This IS the quintessential fig scent.

mohmd.taha
mohmd.taha

Went to Diptyque shop to buy Duelle,but as I tested Philosykos instantly fell in love for this marvelous fig scent ,it start so green , fresh and in a very comforting way then it settle down to an extremely nice creamy fig scent very unique . Lasting & sillage is moderate ,but on cloths it lingers a long time.
I ended up buying both Duelle & Philosykos.Damn good transaction.

Baldric
Baldric

This smells very similar to my beloved premier figuier extreme so I did a compare and contrast today. Having never spent considerable time laying about under a fig tree I can only guess at the authenticity of either of these scents. I can see where this is a bit more fresh and sour where's PFE is more ripe/late harvest. Both are on the lighter side while also being smooth, woody, and green with a coconut undercurrent, but philosykos is a less pronounced coconut. Longevity is good, with PFE winning out a bit but i could detect both as a skin scent after an 8 hour workday. Both are a joy to wear and perfect for the summer it just depends what you are looking for in your fig scent. Sour/young fruit or sun warmed ripe fruit.

Shanester66
Shanester66

Not my favorite...I liked it when I first put it on but after some time, it started to get on my nerves. Great longevity on my skin.

Edit 11/6/2013...what can I say...my nose is evolving...this past Summer I wore a lot of fig based offerings one of which was this one in the edp concentration. I like it much better than the edt. Highly recommend!!!

girasolina
girasolina

As soon as I smelled this fragrance, I seemed to have cut a fig tree, green, intense, strong ... then..it fell down in an intimate, delicate and fresh milk cool. True that there is not a complex combination but this fascinates even those who do not love these delicate desserts. Only tragedy? this scent does not scream, okay, but all too quickly into silence. When edp? there? I am waiting to buy a big bottle.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Oh I just love love love this perfume!!! If you are looking for a fig scent give this a try!!! It just makes me happy and lasts a long time on my skin!!! Another fig scent is Jo Malone Wild Fig & Cassis but I like Diptyque better!!!

tanivi
tanivi

you will never forget this smell.

Grottola
Grottola

Quite simply the most lovely fig fragrance ever.

Fig isn't a note that I've always gotten along with. I was introduced to it in the lackluster Marc Jacobs for Men, which was centered around a buttery fig note. Lo and behold, leave it to Olivia Giacobetti (the queen of figs) to take Marc Jacob's butterball bread roll fig and turn it into every wonderful aspect of the figs and fig leaves: green, grassy, stemmy, melony, and even parts of the dirt and soil underneath. Yes, this is an essay on fig, but more importantly, it's a pleasing air of fresh green sweetness. Lovable, fun, refreshing, and completely unisex. This also features a subtle coconut-like vibe. Lasts a surprisingly long time (at least 6 hours)

Philosykos is now one of my favorite fresh fragrances. If you're looking for a fig fragrance, or just a fresh-green scent for summer, period, then look no further.

shiverwithantici
shiverwithantici

What a gorgeous, fresh, green opening! It's like the smell of trees after the rain. The fragrance develops into a creamy, coconutty, slightly sweet, but still green fig, before drying down to a sensual, mellow cedar. It's remarkably natural smelling, beautifully uncomplicated, and perfectly unisex. I fall in love with it all over again every time I wear it.

As with the other Diptyque fragrances I have tried, Philosykos has taught me the difference between longevity and sillage - the longevity with this is actually quite good on me (8+ hours), but sadly, the sillage is mild-moderate. Although, it must be said that very few figs project well, and this seems to project a lot better than Premier Figuier (which I also love). I can forgive it that, however, because it's my absolute favorite fragrance. HG worthy if I have ever seen it.

sergio.fiorenzi
sergio.fiorenzi

AMAZING!

Fig and fig leaf hit you right away, almost masculine, but it settles and warms up into a coconut lovers dream. (I really do not know where this coconut scent comes, it is not written anywhere that there is coconut in this fragrance)
The drydown is creamy coconut milk mixed with cedar wood and a little more fig. It hovers on the edge of being masculine but never EVER gets there, thank goodness. This is fantastic! Unlike anything I have ever tried before when the subject is FIG.
If you like fig this is your perfume, it is fresh and perfect to summer days.

winkyyjaee
winkyyjaee

This is my favorite of all time!

It's so fresh and delightful :)

A lot of fruity perfumes out there tend to be sickeningly saccharine but this one is different.

Although the fig smell is undoubtedly sweet, it doesn't give you a headache because it smells so light and natural.

I would say that this reminds me of a whole fig tree with its root and leaves instead of just a fig fruit.

This definitely has a lot of greenness and woodiness in it besides the sweetness.

When you spray it, you will feel like being in a fig tree forest filled with sunshine. It is pure heaven really.

Perfect scent for summer and for people who want unique and natural smell!

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Firstly, I must commend Diptyque on bringing this out in a solid formulation - in these days of 'no liquids in hand luggage' it might just be your perfect holiday scent. Fresh, unisex, sweet green and sappy it reminds me in feel of Cacharels Eden. However, I prefer the slight sweaty hothouse feel of Eden to Philosykos which, though lovely is not quite satisfying or weird enough for me. A beautiful scent, nonetheless.

homogenic
homogenic

Buen perfume. El higo predomina, pero es seco; junto con el cedro. Lo usaría más para hombre, aunque también puede llevarla una mujer. Más en verano o primavera. La proyección no es buena, aunque puede durar 3 o 4 horas. Particularmente prefiero Aqua di Parma "Fico de Amalfi", L'rtisan "Premier Figuier" o Annick Goutal "Ninfeo Mío".

dkny27
dkny27

Couldn't wait for this one to come! Bought it based on the reviews and the notes of fig and cedar. This is one incredibly amazing smooth blended fragrance. There is the slightest remnance of green leaves and freshness. The whole package could be worn by men or women, although it has a very faint similarity to Farenheit.

klopgovorun
klopgovorun

Absolutely wonderful! Rich, creamy, smooth, comforting, yet sunny and fresh. Gets even better when layered with Prada Candy--yum! :))

Winger
Winger

For me, it's a little too green at the top notes. And it's a bit Linear. Very summery, easy to wear. But not in my list.

finzi
finzi

This is very pleasant but just doesn't make it on to my wishlist. To my nose there are two distinct, separate layers of fragrance and they are separated by a gaping void where there should be more fragrance! In one layer is the coconutty side of the fig, in the other is the woody green smell you'd get if you twisted and splintered a thin branch - the smell of sap and wood. I can't help but feel there should be something MORE here. There should be something holding these two layers together. As it is, this smells incomplete to me.

I have now found a fig perfume that ticks all my boxes and it's Huitieme Art's Ciel d'Airain. Fuller, richer, more substantial and much more "me".

RachelGrigg
RachelGrigg

I love it, but it's a bit linear and has no staying power. Such a shame. I spent weeks in Les Senteurs d'Ailleurs in Brussels trying out Diptyque and this was my choice. So expensive though for a fleeting fig.

bleuciel
bleuciel

Such an original scent. Woody and fresh, but with a warm and a bit sweet feel to it. Quite unique, haven't smelled anything like it. You can tell it's a niche perfume. Also very hard to find, only available at their stores which are available in a handful of countries (of course, mine isn't one of them). Too bad about the sillage and longevity though. They're pretty much non-existent! I use about 6 spritzes and you can barely smell it. And I don't like heavy perfumes so I would be more than OK with subtle perfumes. But this one is TOO subtle. Such a shame. I strongly recommend getting the largest bottle as you'll need more spritzes than usual and also the complementary body lotion - it's the only you can make this fragrance hold.

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

Fantastic fragrance! I LOVE it for the first 20-30 minutes and then it all but disappears into its rather subtle cedar base note. Wish it could last...

mirunacatowl
mirunacatowl

Since I've been having Womanity of Thierry Mugler, which is the fig gourmand par excellence, I#been trying to get some scent in the same direction, but more discrete. Neither L#Artisan Parfumeur Premier Figuier, nor Micaleff's Sous le Figuier and unfortunately nor Philosykos could meet my choice... They smell all either green or woody, but not juicy. Whereby I must admit, Philosykos comes at nearest of all three to the fig fruit, however lacks by far the fruitiness of real ripe figs.

Green sap with cocos, well, not bad, but I keep dreaming about ripe figs like in womanity smelling as delicate as Phylosykos...Do I pretend too much?? Does anybody know a frag would meet these criteria?

syntheral
syntheral

Young green saplings, the quiet hum of understanding, increasing plant-like creaminess.

This scent is for your centered moments.

It does not last forever, but neither do these moments--amiright?

Heverton
Heverton

My family have a farm and in there we have a lot of fruit trees: mango, jabuticaba, guava, Barbados cherry, orange and last but not least, figs! Even now I love to go there during time where these trees are full of fruits and stay the enterely day just eating those fresh fruits without thinking in anything else...

And just after putting Philosykos on my skin, I was immediately transported to the farm! The opening of this fragrance makes me think about walking over the fig trees, smelling a fresh, natural green fig leafs while waiting to eat some of those fig dipped in syrup that my mom usually makes during christmas time (as a matter of fact, while I'm writing this review, I'm eating some! What a delicious smell and taste!) I can easily compare the smell of it to Philosykos and say that this fragrance is all about pure, natural figs.

There's no syrup or powdery aroma attached into it. Very good fragrance for those of you who loves figs and just figs (even though in the drydown this fragrance shows a very nice and somehow unexpected coconut note which I'm a fan). Sadly after 4h this scent disappears on my skin but that's no reason for a thumbs down.

sergio580
sergio580

nice but you can barely smell it!

leeyah87
leeyah87

Philosykos is a lovely, dry fig fragrance with a lot of "green" freshness to it. I can smell the entire fig tree in the opening - the fruit, the leaves, the sap, and even the branches. So refreshing! Once the green opening fades, nuances of coconut (from the fig leaves, I am told) begin to emerge. The dry down is a soft, creamy blend of figs, greens, and woods. Philosykos is very uplifting and puts me in a good mood. I wish it lasted longer and had more sillage, though. Could someone please compare the edt, solid, and oil?

For a fig scent with more fruit and less green (and no coconut), you should try Micallef Sous Le Figuier.

Carestinus
Carestinus

the first minutes after spraying this delicious elixir, I got the magic sensation of white grapes being squeezed into a homemade grape juice. You can smell both the sweet berries plus the bitter greenness of the seeds all broken inside the machine... after this amazing moment you get a creamy mix of fresh leaves... so natural, SO GREEN! It's clearly figgy but I cannot find ANY connection to the other fig that has got me enamoured (Un Jardin en Mediterranee) since this isn't the ripe fruit with the soil beneath but instead the mix of the tree, leaves and the new born fruit... green, slightly sweet and full of joy. Wow!!! I am truly in love with Philosykos. I don't find it sexy, neither cozy... it's a perfume experience that is highly wearable and still a work of art that is beyond the idea of nowadays mass market... This isn't your typical summer scent... this is more intelectually conceived. Olivia Giacobetti, you're a genius, love you too lol.
I was looking forward to trying this scent for so long and now I'm simply astonished... Men of the world (women too but let me speak to my gender fellows please)put your best linen shirts, open your chest, spray this on and feel free to consider yourselves gorgeous for the next hours (no matter what others may think of that walking garden lol)

cryptic
cryptic

Although I love complex abstract perfumes, I am also a sucker for simple realistic frags, if done well. I sniffed Philosykos for the first time in Blue Mercury and got teary-eyed like a big dork because it was so remarkable and lovely. Lest you think me crazy, my only prior experience with figs consisted of Fig Newtons and a brief visit to the gargantuan fig tree in Santa Barbara. That poor tree smelled horrible to me, probably because it sits adjacent to the Amtrak station and reeks of diesel fumes.

The notes, etc. of Philosykos are described beautifully by others below, so I won't bore you with repetition. I'll just say that I've gone on to explore other fig fragrances, but Philosykos is my gold standard.

Kreen
Kreen

I liked this fragrance, but I would not purchase it again for myself. I found that upon application it had an odd, acrid, almost tobacco smell. When that passed it was lovely and fresh and figgy, but the dry-down, while still pleasing, was a little one-dimensional and not very interesting. I do't think it would make much of a statement. It was just a nice smell to me. Nothing spectacular. But again, that is just how it wore on me.

tristan1973
tristan1973

A masterpiece!

twindom
twindom

Delicious! Just purchased the oil-based version in Paris...love it!

William Liang
William Liang

Philosykos is my first Diptyque fragrance. Compared to other Fig based fragrances like L'Artisan Premier Figuier Extreme (sweet powdery Fig) and Marc Jacobs Men (creamy coconut like smell which is actually the Fig), Philosykos has the most natural Fig aroma. The top note is refreshing green fig leaves which lasts for nearly an hour and then the mid note of Fig stays rather close to my skin for 4-5 hours. I like the Fig fragrance from L'Artisan and Marc Jacobs but I find myself enjoying Philosykos more as it's like smelling the real Fig leaves and Fig. Philosykos is fresh, natural, soothing and relaxing.....only wish that the silage and longetivity can be better.

Little Cooling
Little Cooling

I love this scent so much. Its woody and sophisticated. Not a trendy perfume at all. Very easy to wear. It cab be worn all year long. I do. Just not in the very humid weather. No perfumes works for me there.
I love everything about Philosykos. The scent, the package, the bottle and the drawing on it. I don't think it's very expensive...not for a edt, u won't smell on every corner like many trendy perfumes.

Someone wrote a review of the edt...is there a edp? To my knowing, there is only an edt?

eid-althani
eid-althani

LUV THE CEDAR NOTES THERE IS NO VANILLA THERE ITS JUST A HAPPY CELEBRATION OF FIGS AND WOODEY AND WARM CEDAR LUV IT

Silhouette_
Silhouette_

For some time I thought I couldn't stand a fig note in a perfume, but Olivia Giacobetti proved me wrong. Turns out, when the fig is really authentic, it actually smells much more pleasant and refreshing to me. I don't find Philosykos to be evolving a great deal and it doesn't last as long as I would hope, but I definitely prefer it to L'Artisan Parfumeur's Premier Figuier.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

What is this!?
Amazing, inebriant, the fig leaves in the opening with the fruit itself is amazing, because you feel that green and rugged appearance of leaf with the fig
Later joins a touch of zest as if the coconut, which gives that tone semi flavorful buttery.with a light cedar base, wonderful.
Look, i travel sniffing, this one reminds me the fresh of Italy (mediterranean sea)in the summer, and the refinement of France in the spring, so, differentiated and unique scent!

Angel10
Angel10

Very true fig scent, tree and all. Not very feminine. Very fresh & bright, and not quite girly enough for me. My hubby wasn't a huge fan either. Nice, just not my style. Not warm enough for me.

Siv55
Siv55

This is extraordinary stuff. It does smell like figs. Really fresh not even picked off the tree yet figs. And somehow it manages to smell EXPENSIVE. Hugely EXPENSIVE. And it is quite. But it's worth it. Dress to impress with this. Or don't bother dressing up, this will do it all for you. Quite sexy. But mostly gives an aura of wealth and taste and may quite possibly get you a flight upgrade.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

One of the most unusual fig fragrances out there. Imagine a fig on a dark sandy beach right about to be hit by lightening. No heart, no soul, no emotion but just that moment in its transient naked ionized anticipation.

marioslg1

After some hours of testing, this is a unique scent indeed but never for me again. Already gave it to a friend. It made me want to trhough up, i dont know why. I dont like this kind of unique perfumes.

marioslg1

Indeed a very strange perfume. You have the impression that you are on a fig tree and you are collecting leafs....indeed very strange. It remind me the childhood where we were stealing figs from various gardens....this is all the tree....the leafs, the fruit, the milk from the wood....it is the most accurate perfume on its subject i have ever smelled.

I used to think James Heeley's Figuer was one of the best Fig scents around but then I tried Phylosikos. Tremendously realistic. It opens with an incredibly green fig leaves note immediately surrounded by fruits aromas and a milky-feeling. Absolutely perfect for spring/summer daywear. In italy the word Fig (translated Fico or Figo) can be used also as an adjective to describe someone who's a very dynamic, charming, awesome and beautiful person. It's kind opposite to NERD. So I can easily say thath when you wear Phylosikos you feel like the most "Fig" in town!

In my personal rating Heeley's Figuer is still a little (very little) step ahead from Phylosikos because I prefer a tarter interpretation of the theme but you should give this one a chance and you won't be disappointed.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Toilette)

Green, fresh and light, PHILOSYKOS is a beautiful walk in the Mediterranean garden. The fig note is absolutely delicious in this fragrance. It is green, slightly woody, fragrant and juicy but not overripe. The composition is very elegant and light.

PHILOSYKOS opens with the fresh greenness of fig leaves on a sunny warm day. The scent continues to stay fresh with slightly sweet and delicious fig in the heart notes. The cedar provides nice foundation for the fig in the base. Two of them go really well together.

This perfume is happy, sunny and verdant. I find that most vegetal and herbal scents are a bit too strange to wear but this one is an absolute delight. It is unique but also quite easy to wear. The only issue is the longevity. The scent stays close to the skin and disappears in about 4 hours. But I still think that this beautiful “fig orchard in the bottle” definitely worth to be in my collection.

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

The Holy Grail has been found!

Game over.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Crushed, bitter green leaves--aromatic and slightly herbal, and clean fruit to start.

The fig starts to ripen even more then transforms to a sweet, dried fruit that's deliciously syrupy and milky but in the most natural, honeylike way.

Greenness makes way to cedar which lends a really interesting dry wood aspect to the warmed fig-milk. Like an intense, earthy fruit tisane with a good dose of rich cream.

Simple yet holds a lot of interest. Stays real close and lasts about 4-5 hours on my skin.

sf2explus
sf2explus

excellent scents very nice milky sweet green scent very natural. lasts at least 5-6 hours although i got 8 hours from it as well but i do know people will smell it on you for the first 6 hours from half a metre away from where ever you stand. this will project well for 2-3 hours than becomes close to the skin. 10/10 from me.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Fig, fig and more fig. The works...the whole tree...bark, sap, crushed leaves and green fruit. This is actually the first fig perfume I have sampled, but alas I will have to try some others as this lasted no time at all on my skin. I loved it while it was there.

Edit: I tried a heavier application and the longevity was slightly increased but still only lasted a couple of hours. However, a delightful thing happened about 15 minutes in, which actually made me laugh. I was transported to the fruit & veg section of a large supermarket, specifically right in front of the salad vegetables. I could smell tomato, cucumber, dewy lettuce, parsley, capsicum..it was a complete departure from any perfume I have ever smelled and I really love this weird baby! It must be the crushed fig leaves. If it wasn't for the relatively poor staying power I would be mightily tempted to buy a full bottle.

This is a more masculine approach for fig scent. it's not sweet and figgy like Un Jardin Mediterranee by Hermes or as strange as Womanity by Theirry Mugler. This Philosykos is aromatic green at the start and it gets really bark-like woody. The fig just shines all around from the start to finish without being fruity sweet. It's great but yet simple and not sure if it's something worth spendiing so much $$$ on.

lfmars98
lfmars98

Based on a sample I got from Lucky Scent. Not impressed. Two occasions I put this on and the scent died after 1 to 2 hours. Unacceptable. L'artisan premier figuier is much better.

chiccouture
chiccouture

This fragrance is by no means artificial or synthetic in any way. It is almost a skin scent if you can smell that lovely. Natural. Ethereal. It takes you back to a time so far away and certainly for me there's some nostalgic feel to it. The scent is wet, dewy, earthy, slightly gourmand sweet but not like all those other synthetic sweet perfume out there that's sugar sugar and more sugar. The fragrance is subtle and lasts for about 5 hours on me but it's definitely there and will constantly remind you of it's presence.

It takes me back to a time long ago in Greece, on one of those sunny hills with blue skies and fluffy clouds. The fig grove is nearby and every now and then it wafts over and gently caresses your senses. Your white goddess like dress floats around you with the slight breeze and you're in perfect harmony with the nature around you. At peace. I can almost hear plato say "Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet" and I certainly felt that Philosykos is that lover right now. It whispers back to me every now and then and tells me everything is fine and life is beautiful if you make it so. It's a deep, multidimensional scent considering it essentially has only 3 notes. Very well crafted and high quality without you smelling like you're wearing perfume. I don't have any memories with fig trees but I do like eating figs. This was my fist fig scent and I'd like to try more in the future if they're as good as this.

TillyWave
TillyWave

Deep scent, especially creamily sweet, the fig pleasantly weaves in and out, and wood tones start and finish the scent. Not very strong and lies close to the skin.

I really like this but at 90 dollars for 1.7 ounces, I can't justify the cost, so I'll reluctantly pass on this.

Cereza
Cereza

For the first 5 minutes I had an orgy on my wrist and I was stuck to my wrist inhaling deeply the lovely, fresh fig scent that was coming from this amazing perfume. After an hour or so I start to feel smoky cedar, but I can't agree that this is unisex, because the fig note is just too sweet. My bf didn't want to test, so I dunno how this sweet scent would feel on a man.

Anyway. Although it is an amazing scent I doubt that I could enjoy wearing this daily.

Adrien02
Adrien02

A lovely, believable fig fragrance.
Luckyscent.com says of it:

" Philosykos
Eau de Toilette
by Diptyque

The Scoop
One of the best fig scents ever made and one of our favorite scents of all time. Philosykos is an ode to the fig groves of Greece. Created by Olivia Giacobetti, this is a very green fig – a fig on the verge of being ripe. The opening is sharp with the tart freshness of the leaves, and then the fig itself comes into play – sweet enough to tantalize, but not overwhelm. The glossy green leaves and succulent fruit intertwine with a dry wood note and a hint of rich earth. You get the sense not only of the whole tree, but the whole grove – the wood, the earth, the sky, the Mediterranean sun coaxing the sweetness of the fruit along as it ripens. Many a superlative has been used to describe this fragrance over the years and it deserves every one. Outstanding. "
I couldn't agree more. Prior to Philosykos my favorite fig frag was Fig Leaf & Cassis by Thymes, which is becoming scarcer by the day. I'm reminded of my days as a young child swinging on a swingset under a large fig tree in my parents' backyard,especially after a rainshower when the leaves dripped and the figs were ripening, no longer solid green, some having been half eaten by insects or birds, some fallen to the ground. The memory of trying to eat a half ripe one the bitterness reminds me of the woody, green scent here. Philosykos is not as sweet as the fully ripe smell of Fig Leaf & Cassis but it still warms my heart with those memories.

Maki
Maki

This IS Fig alright! Actually the first one I smelled that really smells like...FIG! Balsemic and therefore soothing like fig should be, yet fresh, uplifting and...interesting...

I see no coconut mentioned but I think that fig has that same creamy thing to it which is why so many people refer to coconut when reviewing this one.

This will go very well with the Hammam-range from Rituals that also has fig in it...
Like it!

Redlipstick
Redlipstick

I really adore this, even though I mainly stick with florals. Woody aromatics are a challenge for me, yet this is wonderful.

On my skin this is rich and warm, with the greenness only in the opening. I get no coconut whatsoever, thank goodness!!

On me this is a straight up warm, very slightly resiny, creamy fig. If there were too many other notes this would be headache inducing but it's beautifully blended and subtle.

The dry down is lovely - creates a very 'quiet', comforting, cozy scent. I prefer this for cooler weather, but it's not too overpowering in the heat.

gr3g
gr3g

It is very light green scent, wonderfoul fig with coconut, sometimes I smell almost only fresh fig and sometimes there is undenied presence of coconut, nice fragrance but lasting power is weak.

mocha43
mocha43

I got a sample of this from Lucky Scent and just love the richness of this fig scent with just a touch of cedar. It smells wonderful from first application through dry down and for 4 or 5 hours afterward. To me this is unisex scent.

andreacrm
andreacrm

I got it as a present and since the person who sold it told it was a watery fresh one, it didn´t convince me at all. Well, maybe having in mind that it´s a fruity one I can re think about it.
It does smell strongly as fig and/or coconut, what definetely calls for a beach. It´s a good perfume, but just not for me.

Dark Curls

Ok, by now, the juicy and perfectly ripened fig fruit has revealed itself. This is perfect!

Dark Curls

Mmmm a lovely green, watery [but not weak] and fresh fig leaf scent. I think of a lush green forest, cool and fresh after a cleansing rain, beads of water dripping and running from leaves and stems. I love it!!

eustacia42
eustacia42

Lovely and intricate green fig scent. I like mixing it with a vanilla scent (try Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Passion) to up its romantic potential/warmth.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

when i was trying it at the store, the sales lady for some reason thought i was buying a perfume for a guy and was convincing me how men love to wear it)) well, in my opinion, this is first of all a great women's scent, especially at the dry-down, where it gets gentle, sunny and somewhat creamy. The fig is green here, but the greenness mellows down and becomes fresh)) I really like this one - perfect for summer!

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

This smells exactly like tanning lotion to me. It reminds me of the beach, so I like it. Very summery.

KJanicki
KJanicki

Very green on top, and that's what I'm craving. This is a beautiful happy fragrance. The fig has a creamy, almost coconut milk scent, and the cedar is very soft.

lucifera
lucifera

i smelled it! and to me its not really a unisex perfume :-S too sweet for men,
I shoulda bought it but hey maybe next time ;p

4xxx4
4xxx4

this one is strangest scent, that i ever smelled:D it definitelly smell exactly just like some trees in my grandma s garden, but i surely know that she didn t planted figs :D defintely unique, but for me also definetely not wearable :D

bronstein
bronstein

Nice one for the summer, interesting and deep. Preferably for men.

Pan
Pan

This is really fig, as I can recall and match it with the smell of fig in my memory. But it smells really like raw banana too. This makes me feel like that I haven't washed my hands after I peeled the banana.
But this is the best real fig I had tried so far. And it smells fresh. It is just not for me.

Bouquet
Bouquet

Reminds me very much of Hermes
Un Jardin in Mediteranee. Phylosykos is a bit more complex and longer lasting. HOWEVER ... this is WAY too expensive for an EDT!!

On a related note: Diptyque should do their lovely "Tubereuse" candle scent in a perfume.

guest_lalipertegaz@yahoo.es
guest_lalipertegaz@yahoo.es

Hi, my name is Lali. I am really interested in buy this Dyptique perfume. I am from Barcelona, Spain. Could you tell me where or how to buy it in case that there's not any distribution here?

Lali.

woodlandwalk

Yes, it does start off with quite waxy unripe banana, but more clean - not the slightly musty rotting edge of an over-ripe banana. The under-ripeness is definitely the smell/taste of a green fig before you bite in to the sweeter bit at the centre. I lived in Greece for a while and as I'd walk down to the beach in the morning, I'd pluck a fig from a green fig tree then a purple fig tree. The purple ones are amazing - syrupy and sweet. The green ones are like this perfume really - always a little dry and green tasting - more refreshing. This scent dries down nicely - and the smoky cedar wood is just right - very Greece. I love this perfume, but can't imagine wearing it in winter - it screams holiday to me! I bought it at the same time as some green eyeshadow and a lovely cream french tunic in soft stretchy cotton - they're all very happy together!

verity
verity

This was my signature scent for a long time, I still wear it almost ten years later. I think it was one of the things that my husband fell for when we met, he still swoons when I wear it! I also have the L'Artisan Fig which is more floral/violet compared to this one. I like both, Dyptique Phylosykos is I would say, a cool dry, earthier fig with a tinge of coconut in the background which makes it unique. Men seem to love this and it's the scent I get the most compliments on. I stopped wearing it so much because I became 'immune' to the smell. Now I wear it less but can really appreciate it when I do. I tried many other Dyptique on the success of this one, but none match it for me and I eventually gave them away. A wonderfully stylish scent, for someone with flare and individuality.

veruska
veruska

This is a summer staple for my beloved husband so it's difficult not to love it. It's a photorealistic fig scent. EVERYTHING,is here.The leaves blowed by the air in the midsummer evening, the succulent flesh of the forbidden fruit, th e whole tree giving the blessing shadow under the blistering sun of Greece. But it does'nt last , unfortunately it doesn't last at all on our skin.

soirdelune
soirdelune

The original and best of the fig leaf scents. Blew my mind the first time that I smelled it. The perfume dries down quickly and lingers in the gentlest way -- I do wish it could retain some of its initial robustness a little longer. Marketed as a unisex fragrance, I smelt a gentleman wearing this recently and was quite persuaded it is more suited to the ladies. Enchanting.

Natalia78
Natalia78

Cult!

jeca
jeca

Fresh green and juicy scent of summer days on the sea side. It's bright and fruity fresh at the beginning and almost the same at the end, maybe warmer.

Philosykos by Diptyque 4.21 out of 5 based on 1172 ratings and 188 user reviews

diptyque Philosykos Eau De Parfum
diptyque Philosykos Eau De Parfum
Diptyque - Philosykos Eau de Parfum spray - 75 ml
Diptyque - Philosykos Eau de Parfum spray - 75 ml

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Diptyque Philosykos fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Diptyque Philosykos, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Philosykos by Diptyque. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Philosykos by Diptyque represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.