Designers » D E » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Dita Von Teese Dita Von Teese for women

Dita Von Teese Dita Von Teese for women
dislike

Dita Von Teese Dita Von Teese for women Pictures Dita Von Teese Dita Von Teese for women Pictures Dita Von Teese Dita Von Teese for women Pictures Dita Von Teese Dita Von Teese for women Pictures Dita Von Teese Dita Von Teese for women Pictures

Dita Von Teese launches her first fragrance in the fall of 2011. The fragrance reflects the spirit of a "Femme Totale" - sensuality, mystery, glamour, elegance and confidence. The fragrance opens with fresh bergamot, peony and Bourbon pepper. The heart of Bulgarian rose, Tahitian tiare flower and jasmine is placed on a warm base of incense, patchouli, musk, guaiac wood and sandalwood.

“A scent needs to reflect all the different facets of my personality. It had to be elegant, glamorous, sophisticated, sexy, dark, and mysterious,” says Dita.

The black glass bottle design is inspired by vintage style of 1930s. The elegant upright bottle features a ball atomizer. The neck of every bottle is adorned with a silk cord with a nail polish-red pearl, which flows into a long black silk tassel.

The fragrance is available as 20 and 40 ml EDP, 150 ml deodorant spray, 200 ml Shower Gel, 200 ml Body Lotion. The nose behind this fragrance is Nathalie Lorson.

Bergamot Peony Pepper

Jasmine Rose Tiare Flower

Musk Sandalwood Patchouli Guaiac Wood Incense

Dita Von Teese Fragrance Reviews

SabrinaBD
SabrinaBD

Meh. Smells like a cheap, generic drug store celebrity perfume. I'm actually quite dissapointed after reading reviews with enticing descriptions. But to my nose, it could be any addative fragrance to a low price point toiletry.

Francop
Francop

Lovely bottle and gorgeous juice with feminine sensual notes beautifully blended.

Think Chanel no 5 but without the aldehydes.

Great as a bed time scent!

Average longevity and sillage.

Miss Guerlain
Miss Guerlain

A very old fashion glam a'la 40's perfume, just like Dita herself. This is how REAL Perfume is supposed to smell like. nothing "celebrity"-scent about it. this is a heavy jasmine/gardenia incense, super potent juice. Complex and smells highend with notes really shifting trough top to base. Heavenly. I agree with the positive reviews on fragrantica. They are spot on! A safe blind buy imo. But not for the parfumista-beginners. And the bottle!!! stunning!!! amazing value for your money!!!

fighter
fighter

When Dita said that this perfume wasn't for everybody she meant it.

Far away from the trend of fruity vanilla scents "Dita Von Teese" is a serious recreation of a vintage fragrance: very floral, very powdery and smells like a real grown woman.

This perfume reminds me of my mother because I find it really close to "Anais Anais" by Chacharel, a fragrance she used to wear in the late Eighties/early Nineties.

For this reason I feel a little bit uncomfortable to spray it. But If I think of Dita while wearing It, I am liking it more and I imagine this to be a little bit naughty. It totally reflects her style and personality. However it's growing on me and surely it's a gorgeous perfume that will add a different vibe to any perfume wardrobe.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

This is my second blind buy in my life!

It was only £11.99 for 20ml from Allbeauty so i ordered it and was happy when i smelt it. It has quite a warmth but a sweetness as well, which i find a little too sweet. I never buy celebrity fragrances as to me thay always smell cheap, but this is an exception. On the down side, longevity is poor.

I'd like to try Dita's other offerings, as i've high hopes after this one.

lexi.malevolent
lexi.malevolent

this is amazing. you can tell Dita was truly involved in the creation, it's so well-balanced and the combo of notes is great. it smells sophisticated, but not old-lady-ish.
I like the look of the bottle but the cap's not great - it spilt in my handbag and now everything in my bag still smells like this.
I don't understand why so many don't like it. I understand it wouldn't smell great on everyone, but it's very nice for a celeb perfume.

extrasensoryperception
extrasensoryperception

I adore this fragrance; it s so unusual and I suddenly feel like a glamorous movie star from a bygone era! I would agree that the 40ml spray evaporates quickly; looks are not everything it would seem.
I have Dita s other fragrances and longevity is poor with this one, which is such a shame as it is really unique. I have a 20ml bottle which I ll save for now. For the price, you can t really argue!

darksome
darksome

I got this perfume with the shower gel for my birthday last year. I loved the opening, when smelling it in the store, but not tried it also on my skin, because I was a pretty newbie in the perfume world.

Anyway.. Because I said I liked it, I got it as a gift. Soon I found out, that the scent is way more powerful in it's heart and base than in the opening.

What I mostly smell are the white flowers and rose leaning on a dark powdery base, which gives the scent a boudoir feel. Imagine a woman with a very diverse character. She's burlesque, alluring, obsessive but also strict, provocative and a little teasing. Don't play with her, she can grab a whip when she want and play with you until exhaustion.

Well this is what hurt me the first tries to wearing this perfume. It's dark, dry, incense and musk were too aggressive and demolishing for me. That's why I hid it in the deepest corner in my house and forgot about it. But the shower gel reminded me daily on my dark secret, until I one day decided to try again my luck with this teasing beauty. Now I was leading the game and applied it very lightly, to bondage the opportunity to hurt me in any way.

It's still a very exhausting relationship, but here and there I love a little S&M.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

Smells very much like Lady Gaga´s perfume in the beginning on me. In the drydown it smells a bit in the same line like Agent Provocature eau de Sensionelle, but not the same as it. I am a bit dissapointed with the beginning that it smells so much like Lady Gaga. I have that too and like it, but i dont want 2 perfumes that smells the same. And since Lady Gaga´s is the original in smelling like Lady Gaga, i prefer that perfume when i want to smell like that.
Hope this is just a fas and that this perfume will smell more like its own that someone elses perfume. I will get back on this topic.

charmedbella
charmedbella

I happened to see Dita Von Teese perform in Charlotte, NC in October 2013. We were standing right at the stage and when she passed by us during her act, I got a big whiff of a truly heavenly and intoxicating perfume! The next day, I asked Dita Von Teese (via her Twitter account) what perfume she had been wearing at her Charlotte show, and she said it was her original DVT perfume! So sweet of her to respond to my question!

I haven't picked up a bottle yet, but I just wanted to chime in and say that it really did smell amazing on her and definitely made me rethink how I feel about celebrity perfumes.

tini.milburn
tini.milburn

A great scent,I find this really warming and love it this time of year,Perfect for feeling sexy in your winter layers :) Love it :)

Orsyna
Orsyna

I think this is the best wereable Dita parfume. Not oldish like erotique version.
Elegant and nice fragrance.

Princess Adora
Princess Adora

I admit that this fragrance is a bit more saucier than what I usually wear but I really like, yes it is something I could see a 1940s femme fatale wearing but there is this modern floral sweetness to it that makes it appealing even to girls like me who usually wear the more sugary fruitier scents maybe what makes me like this perfume is that it has jasmine in it which if mixed with the right notes can be both sweet girly and sexy at the same time or if done wrong it can smell pungent overbearing and sour but I think dita got this right there is no stinky overtone to this just a seductive yet still sweet and feminine scent,great for anyone who like me usually wears fruity gourmand scents but wants to try something more seductive without sacrificing the sweetness.

SucceeD87
SucceeD87

Reminds me of Sisley and classic Chanel. The bottle is elegant and sophisticated.

Animato
Animato

Incense? liar..
But a super sweet, bright and creamy floral. A litte bit boring and very much a typical celebrity perfume in terms of sweetness. It dries down to a soapy and candy-like jasmine to me. Pretty, but not for me.

I.Z.
I.Z.

Very sensual, elegant, sophisticated fragrance. It reminds me of femme fatales and the divas of Old Hollywood a la Marlene Dietrich and Lauren Bacall. A perfume to seduce, although classy enough to wear on any occasion. It definitely smells expensive, and the bottle itself doesn't look cheap either. Dita Von Teese is very involved in the creation of each of her perfumes, and it shows. The downside is that it only lasts like 1 hour on me before being barely noticeable, and it sits very very close to the skin, so much that I can hardly smell it right after applying on my wrist.

likes2paint
likes2paint

Another one that has surprised me! This opens with a light fizzy little bergamot and a very gentle pepper and Jasmine. On me, it develops into a very light, sensual fragrance that is bright and feminine, and brings a smile to my face. I could be extravagant and smother myself with this one. On drydown, the pepper is more prominent and the scent is very gently warming. Thankfully, this is one of the perfumes where the musk does not smell like cat pee! It smells much more expensive than it is. I am obsessed with amber at the moment, and for me, this would be lovely layered with some of that.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Refreshing peony-jasmine floral, with right dose of spice, herbs and incense. Pleasant, clean, gentle and feminine scent. Reminds me of something looooong time ago, not sure but it's a pleasant mysterious memory.
This is not femme fatale perfume but rather daily happy face girly scent :) And it's great. Lotion like drydown.
Honestly worth checking it out!
Highly appealing! & you'll get lots of wear out it most importantly.

Juliana6
Juliana6

I smell a woman's life in it. It opens with a blast of pinky white, fluffy and sweet girlish dreams, then comes the bergamot which makes the scent more grown up. It's a young, romantic woman who learns how to bloom, not to hide and how to seduce and be loved. A light bitterness is lingering in the air too- experiences, memories, longings, goodbyes and new meetings. The base notes turn the scent into a classic, elegant lady ( her age doesn't matter). She is sophisticated, calm and has her own wisdom and secrets. Elegant, sensual, feminine. I'll purchase a full bottle (I have that wonderful 20 ml baby bottle).

muskymale
muskymale

If you hate fruity, sugary, candy, vanilla and sweet celeb scents, then you're gonna love this perfume like I do. Strictly for grown ups and sophisticated belle de jour only! This perfume is sexy without even trying too hard to be. Worth it for me!

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Nice and sexy, doesn't stay too long on me. Bottle is gorgeous.

desislava_nikolova
desislava_nikolova

Dita I love you! This one and FleurTeese are the answer of my searchings. I've tried so hard to find parfume for spring that smels of lilac, peony, lily, hyacinth but in elegant, mystic way. Don't know why I need it :) I couldn't like anything from the store.. I found it later but I felt in love, they are exactly what I want for me!!

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

This is an absolutely divine, seductive perfume!

A smoky floral with woods. I am seriously in love. Dita has created a fantastic fragrance, it really suits her personality. Sophisticated, sexy and mature without smelling heavy or too musky. Perfect. A lovely perfume for late night dates or elegant parties.

Highly recommended for anyone looking for a grown up, sexy and feminine fragrance!

Note: The bottle is even more glorious in real life, perfect for displaying on your vanity table.

ChadEric86
ChadEric86

Finally sampled this perfume over the weekend when I was attending Dita's "Strip Strip Hooray" show in chicago! This perfume is absolutely glamourous! Chic and well thought out! It begins very floral on application then turns into a tad more masculine and sensual! I LOVE this fragrance! Rouge smells very pleasant as well. Dita has taken the time and mastered her take on perfume! I highly recommend this fragrance!

Jewelsie42

This is a warning to all who have purchased the DVT 40ml bottle with the atomizer ~ PLEASE BEWARE that this method of spraying the perfume introduces TONS of oxygen into the bottle and your perfume will evaporate VERY QUICKLY!! I recently discovered this with another perfume of mine, Dior Elixir Midnight Poison, sadly the fact that I used the atomizer it came with, the juice completely evaporated over the course of 3 months!! When I discovered this, I went to check my Dita and sure enough, it was dry as a bone :-((
SOOO SAAAD!! I would hate for anyone else to learn this the hard way, so, If you buy the 40ml bottle, either decant it into a different bottle with a regular sprayer and keep the pretty black one for display ~OR~ keep the little black screw-on cap ON the bottle and then use it as a splash perfume.
It really is upsetting that the manufacturers produce these beautiful atomizer bottles knowing that it is the worst way of storing and using the fragrance. Perhaps it is genius on their part, as we need to continue buying bottle after bottle when ours "mysteriously" dries up after only a couple months.
This is just a friendly FYI...I too LOVE my Dita signature fume and am on the hunt for a new bottle since mine has "gone with the wind"..fiddle dee dee!

Mistress Eva
Mistress Eva

Elegant, beautifully blended fragrance. In a perfume market saturated with generic, nondescript, flatly ambiguous celebrity scents, Dita von Teese actually spent some time and effort making something that she hoped would be different and delightful. Fortunately, she was right! (Especially since I bought it blind.) The bottle is beautiful, the scent extremely complex, changing and developing over time almost more than any other I own. It is feminine, but not "girly".
Whether or not you are a fan of Miss Von Teese, give this one a try! It is definitely one of my favorites!

elle.ratcha
elle.ratcha

it's elegant n classy
with warm spicy.
it's really great,very high class perfume.

Malibu
Malibu

On first application I can detect the bergamot, and I think there is also something similar to a tea accord; I can't pinpoint everything down, but it reminds me of some kind of herbal lend of tea that a co-worker regularly brought into work...

I normally dislike perfumes with jasmine as I find it heavy and migraine inducing, so it nice to ind a fragrance including it that I can wear. It is actually the rose note that is the strongest, and it is more rosehip, then the traditionally powdery, sweet rose. I get a brief whiff of tiare, but the pepper note soon develops and hides all of the florals, other then the rose.

Dita Von Teese soon shifts from a floral perfume to a warm oriental, as the lightly smoked notes develop and mixes nicely with the spicy pepper and warms up the reminder of the fragrance.

I really like the actual fragrance, but, unfortunately, the longevity and silage are both very poor. On skin the fragrance barely lasts more then four hours, so I tend to spry it onto my bra or tank top, too make it last longer. Otherwise my 20ml bottle wouldn't have lasted very long, as you practically have to bathe in it for a lasting fragrance.

madgefan
madgefan

It's a nice smelliing perfume, lightly jasmine and feminine. It's rather faint. The scent is pretty generic though. I'm a sucker for jasmine so it's enjoyable but it's nothing new nor bold. I bought the .7 oz bottle which is gorgeous and adorable. Buy it if you're a jasmine or Dita fan. If you prefer strong, original or in-your-face perfumes, this one's not for you.

Jola 72
Jola 72

...and today I put some sensory oil Lierac on my wrist and then after sprayed DvT What a difference I must indeed it lasts Not that bad ...

Stephprez
Stephprez

This is a beautiful "anytime" fragrance. Different and divine. I can see this being my go to scent.

Edit 4.11.13 although I love this it doesn't last that long on me. I may purchase the lotion to help the longevity.

sandrabilling
sandrabilling

This perfume reminds me of a perfume grandmother had, but I love it. I used to spray on her perfume when I visited her and now I have my own, hehe.

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

An extraordinary perfume very expensive smell, I fell in love with the classic black bottle and now my collection of gothic perfumes is almost full. Don't hesitate and give it a chance is very classy and not sweet at all. Enormous lasting power I can still smell it next day. Bravo Dita well done.

freddinos
freddinos

Just received this in a swap with a very nice member here. First impression: this realy isn't your standard 'celebrity' scent. It smells quite well made, something you would expect from Dior or Bvlgari (ok,somewhat less long lasting and of lesser quality). I can smell incence and lots of white flowers that are kind of mixed together and a bit non descript. After a while, the sandalwood base is added and I can also detect an almost 'minty' or 'icy' freshness. Overall,a quite decent evening perfume that will not scream 'celebrity scent' when you wear it. On another note, it doens't remind me at all of Aloha Tiare. For me it falls in the Dior Addict category (it doesn't smell like it, but gives the same feeling)

MissChase86
MissChase86

I found this perfume overwhelming, the feeling that it was sticking to the back of my throat and nose when I breathed in- I wish I could recommend it, I wish it was a perfume I could happily buy but I am greatful I didn't blind purchase and asked to test the scent on my skin- was fine on the card but the inscence basically curdled on impact.

If you cannot wear perfume with incense like LouLou Cacherele, I do not recommend at all.

mahanta
mahanta

I like Dita and I like this perfume very much! I've been saving to buy Elie Saab Le Parfum, but after trying this one...hmm, I find them quite similar. They both share the same white flower + pachouli vibe, only Dita is less sweet. I don't find it incense dominated at all; incense may be there but it lurks underneath and gives the scent kind of smoky sexiness which Elie Saab is somewhat lacking, being more sensual instead of sexy. I've always thought there is a very thin line between "sexy" and "vulgar", well, Dita hasn't stepped over it - this fragrance is not vulgar, it's grown-up, sophisticated and positively sexy!

Elysia
Elysia

I belong to that group of perfume aficionados who do not buy only drugstore or only luxury scents but try to keep an eye on new kids on the block in both price ranges. I choose upon (apart from liking the scent itself) the feeling a perfume generates in me when I first try it. It is not long since Dita's first scent is available in my country and I decided to give it a try. I must say that I like it as much as my favourite (more) luxurious scents. Ok, I'll be honest with you: I sprayed it on and felt instantly transformed into a gorgeous glamour-diva surrounded by admirers. I'm not really good at analyzing scents, but that was the impression I got from it. That being said I do not wait until a special occasion to use it but wear it to work, careful not to overspray it. Rather a warm scent for cooler weather, it boosts my confidence not only as a woman (an object of desire oh la la) but as a human being, and cheers me up too. It is not the scent of an egoistic woman but of one who likes to share her talents with others without intimidating them.

1Tanya
1Tanya

As a fan of Dita von Teese, I knew that if she could make her own perfume, it would be fabulous. My boyfriend bought it as a birthday gift for me, thinking that the worst thing that could happen, would be that it will smell like an expensive hooker. I'm not sure about the hooker part, but this perfume sure smells expensive. It absolutely doesn't belong to the generic, crowd pleasing celebrity fragrances. You can smell how much effort Dita has put into it. (She has mentioned several times on twitter, that she really took the time to make a perfect perfume)This fragrance is very intensive, smoky and sexy. Incense, jasmine and roses. Just perfect. It starts loud and hard not to notice, turns to absolutely sexy and ends pleasant and comforting. Just the way it should. Lasting power is over 12 hours, I can smell it when I wake up in the morning.

flying_colours
flying_colours

Actually like it a lot. It's not exactly what I was expecting from Dita - thought she'd come out with something smokier and spicier - but I do think it suits her. I mainly notice the jasmine in this. It settles down into a really pretty floral after a few minutes and has surprising longevity.

bronstein
bronstein

At first sniff I thought "nothing special, but then, at least it's cheap" and let it develop. Unfortunately it turned out to be of exactly that sort of cheap perfume for which you wish the woman in charge wouldn't have used perfume in the first place. Really, if you are looking for budget perfumes, there are plenty of decent products around, but not this one.

When i first saw this fragrance at a shop i was curious to try it even though i usually go for my more sweet and fruity fragrances i thought i give this a try for something different and boy am i glad i did,yes the the fragrance is a bit more sexier and deep than what i usually wear but on my skin it has a sort of sweetness in it within the peppery and incense notes that makes it so beautiful,i would even go far as saying its a very glamourous and feminine scent which really appeals to me,as for the strength of the fragrance it is quite strong since i can smell a bit of it after a few hours after i sprayed it and usually your nose gets use to the perfume your wearing after a few minutes so even though you cannot smell it other people around you can so this fragrance can pack a punch if you spray too much but overall i really love this scent and will purchase again when i run out.

Voopie
Voopie

This is a mature fragrance, I can smell the incense, pepper, peony and jasmine. I am waiting for the drydown.

Every unusal for a typical celebrity fragrance. Well done, Dita!

I will be buying the second fragrance.

teeshasaur
teeshasaur

As much as I love Dita, this fragrance was a little too mature for my liking.
Sure it settled down after a while but the incense was really overpowering.

fumine
fumine

I heard much about Dita von Teese's involvement in the making of the fragrance, plus I'm quite a fan of hers, so I had to give this one a good sniff.

The scent is very classy and warm, it's not an overbearing fragrance. The base note is very heavy on incense indeed.
However, I wish it would stand out a bit more. I honestly expected something with more "oomph" from Dita, a memorable perfume...
But while this fragrance is pleasant to smell, it's nothing outstanding. Unfortunately the lasting power isn't good on me either.

lat
lat

I blind-bought it based on the reviews here. There was a cute gift set available in TK Maxx, so I thought why not. Dita definitely is a solid bet when it comes to her fashion/makeup/lingerie choices so perfume should be no different.

And it isn't, although I must admit that upon initial spray I cringed, it was so not "my style". However, as time progressed, the scent settled to a comfortable, sexy aroma that projected nicely without being overbearing.

I know this comparison is veeery far-fetched, but I think it oozes the same vibe as Fracas does without the cloying drama that accompanies the latter. I know there's no tuberose in this one, but the overall feeling is of the same classy, vintage-y, smoky sexiness. I appreciate Fracas but even one spray gives me excruciating headaches, so the more happy I am about finally having something in my collection that gives me the same feeling minus the side effects.

I'm afraid I cannot really distinguish individual notes in this one, it's very well blended. Normally I cannot wear patchouli (my arch enemy in perfume), but it's very subtle and wearable here, making the fragrance a tiny bit dirty and rough but ever so slightly, in a very classy way.

It projects nicely and lasting power is very good. The drydown is my favourite part, it's woody, roughed up but rounded with incense/musk/sandalwood.

viveka
viveka

Excellent quality. Yes, I expected something different from any fruity-soupy-vanilla scent as we may notice in these days from every corn because 1) Dita itself is piece of sophisticated art, 2) knowing her professionalism I could suppose it will not be another quasi-perfumery product but from toe to top will be prepared as it should be with name Dita von Teese on packaging.
But... it's far beyond my expectations. This is truly eternal beautiful scent that I've never smelled in one bottle. There is subtle rose, elegant incense, brisky peony and absolutely unique dark-melted base. Mmmm, that's my favourite combination.

Thanks Dita not to follow trend-besteselers notes and make another vanilla-fruity jelly-like clon.

Truly Creation.

EmyPlante
EmyPlante

Wow, this smells amazingly good! Sophisticated, elegant and ladylike.

In the top notes, I can detect some white flowers. It's also a bit powdery at first, but not overly so. It's got a lovely vintage feel. As it dries down, the rose becomes more prominent. Again, very sophisticated and sexy. Good lasting power. Potential buy :)

Orquidea
Orquidea

I was enchanted by the bottle and thought what interesting composition. Well knowing how subjective smell perceiptions are, I can say that to me this
was a huge disappointment. I had the chance to try it lately. The scent was so weak on me I could hardly detect any special scent. And I was looking forward to all those beautiful flowers (aloha tiaré, rose jasmin). What I detected was a weak soapy boaring scent even with a masculine undertone. I did not like it at all, no need to wash away due to the weakness.
Sorry, but not for me.....

virga
virga

I don’t get much incense, but the composition dominated by peppery white flowers and soft musk is nice and subtle but still flirty. And the quality is good as well: the scent last long and silage is just right. Nice bottle.

ailimeavolokin
ailimeavolokin

Not a typical celebrity fragrance. Plenty of incense and peony, and ripe, soft plums. Well done!

Mollydelovely
Mollydelovely

On me this divine scent smells like a lighter more feminine version of Poison. I find Poison to be overpowering and intimidating whereas DVT is intimiate, demure and highly addictive!!!

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

Disclaimer - I am a huge Dita fan . I own her books , glossy photos , and even some of her underwear range She is just wonderful. However , Im not so silly as to "love" a frag JUST because I love the celeb. For all my respect for Miss VT , I still could'nt part with the dosh if the frag was poor. Happy days though - It is to my taste! Dita did extremely well here. I liked reading Jewelsie42 review which summed the scent up very well , and Its good to know that Dita put a lot of personal love and care into the project.

Before she released this frag , there was a thread here on fragrantica's forum which asked " which celeb would you like to see launch a perfume?" . . . I answered - DVT - of course !! Id also like to see what her ex Mr M Manson would come up with. I had been dying to try this for EONS so I was very happy to receive a tester vial in a swap parcel ( thanks DC!! X) .

Im wearing the frag now , and i love it. This is a very classic , timeless smelling fragrance, but still modern. It reminds me of perfumes Ive smelled before , but its not a copy or clone of them either.

Its a perfume full of contradictions, thats for sure!!

Anyone who has watched the epic film "Perfume" will know the scene where Baldini sits down to try and deconstruct the notes of "Amour & Pysche" ( another makers perfume he wants to copy - tut tut !) Everytime he thinks he has "got" a note , he realises its wrong and says " No , thats not it ! ". Well thats how i was on first test of DVT , it was driving me crazy as it smelt SO familiar! The following perfumes sprang to mind , but i was wrong each time ,

Catiers Basier Du Dragone - no
Paul smith extreme - no ( similar pepper element though!)
La nuit paco rabanne - no
habanita - no - "ahhhrrrggg , i give up" I thought.

( i have read that Dita actually wears Habanita , as well as Angel and others such as the Houbigant. )

Then ive just read in Rosecat's review that it smells like a "watered down version of Poison" - YES - THATS IT - The eureka moment !! Now I can rest easy and not be "bugged" by what DVT reminded me of!

But - Here we are with a "contradiction" again.....
A poison copy or clone , it is not. Imagine if Poison's tuberose was replaced with bulgarian rose oil , then mix in a touch of Paul Smith Extremes pepper , Cartiers BDD's smoky incences , Habanitas smoky vanilla and La Nuits spiced rose note - Thats Femme Total to my nose.

Ive never smelt Guaic wood , or Tiare flowers in natural or synthetic form so cant comment on the presence of those notes. I like to disclose any notes Im not familiar with you see. ( It makes me chuckle when people say they can smell the "belladonna" in Gaga's fame - really? A - Im betting those people are not familiar with belladonna at all , which is not only poisonious , but is also supposed to stink to high heaven, lol!)

Id recommend this perfume to lovers of feminine , classy scents , and anyone who loves Jasmine/rose/wood/musc combos.

I think this would be a good gift choice to any classy lady of any age. Not your average celeb perfume. A solid feminine , classic scent at bargain prices. Im going to order the 20ml in that gorg gothic/vintage flacon.

Bravo Miss Tease , I eagerly await the launch of "rouge".

Ps - If your on this site and evidently a perfume lover , but you still havent seen the film "Perfume" , you must see it!! Excellent movie and I learned somethings about the technical side of perfume.

starvega
starvega

Dita von Teese is just so gorgeous and elegant, and I was desperately wanting to like this because of how much I like her, but it is too heavy on the powder for me. It doesn't have any kind of sickly sweetness which is a nice change for a celebrity fragrance, and the sillage/longevity is decent (also a nice change), but it settles down into a spicy powder that seems a little "old" to me, and not quite what I expected for the lovely Miss von Teese. It could just be my chemistry, but I really couldn't imagine this on her, to be honest. I'm going to pin my hopes on Rouge!

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

چه کند این معجون از صمغ و اترنج چه میماند عاشق ها و درارغوان از سبک بال سنگین

Cbizzle
Cbizzle

Massive fan of Dita, massive fan of this! Very musky, classic and without a hint of sweet, sickliness in sight! This scent is a true reflection of Dita herself, classy and elegant. It's definitely only an evening fragrance as it's very strong and musky, but lasts all evening and I often get complimented on it, definitely a fan, can't wait for her second fragrance rogue!

busik
busik

At first, something extraordinary, technically animal sweaty, but then ... wake up the flowers, delicate and tender and sound until you calm down

vdxl
vdxl

A nice fragrance, but why didn't she release a tuberose-frangipani perfume? I am waiting for that. Nonetheless, this vintage-feel floral feels nice, has a stunning looking bottle and a very nice price for the quality. It is obvious that Dita Von Teese was involved in the project: the fragrance suits her perfectly, she is a very nice personality. If all celebrity brands did the same, and not cheap-looking/smelling bottles, it would be nice.

Majja67
Majja67

I will not pay attention to that this is another "celebrity frag" because this scent has absolutely nothing to do with those! I belive that maybe Ms von Teese has a future in the perfume industry in the same way that Annick Goutal, Vera Wang among others first started out in one occupation and then now are producing highclass perfumes! I would consider this frag as a very high class product, the only thing that could have been a bit better is the lasting power! But you could always respray, lol!
Well, the frag; its a beauiful fresh opening with lots of peony, very little pepper and a hint of bergamot! After a few minutes a little sweetnes sets in but not to much, it keaps its fresh and clean feel! A little bit of soapy lovely rose apears while it stars to set down and now also the jasmin and incense! It al ends up with a bit of musk! Its a deep scent but not at al heavy, its very well composed and fresh, clean, elegant and mysterius al in the same time! Not sweet but not dry either, no vanilla! An elegant ladys scent, mostly for fall and winter and nighttime i guess! The 20 ml bottle are very beautiful with its little tassel and also practical to cary in your handbag! Im actually no fan of flowerscents but this has really got to me! 4.8/5

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I kind of guessed that this would be a good idea by Ms Von Teese who cerebrally rises above some of her celebrity kin, but it has been cheaply executed so that the whisper of musky pepper that came out of the bottle (even after spraying it on my wrist 3 times) proceeded to disappear into the ether within a minute. Go for poison if you like the image.

rosecat
rosecat

Tried it today...so dissapointed :( I really love Von teese style & taste, however, this was extremely generic floral, familiar, it reminded me sort of a very weak very watered down version of Poison. I got no incense, even the SA was dissapointed too! It dissappeared from my skin within 5mins, not even my husband could not smell it. Try before buy!

Jewelsie42

I just recieved this frag today, bought the 40ml edp from a seller on ebay. It was fresh and 100% authentic, I am very pleased. First of all the box is very elegant, black with Dita's signature and sexy corset detail for which she is known for within the fetish crowd. Inside is an instruction inset for inserting the bulb sprayer with her philosphy of "The Art of Creating Glamour" inscribed on the back. The bottle itself is a throwback to the early hollywood era sporting a black tassle and bulb sprayer.
The juice is sublime! So exotic and sensual; I want to bathe in it! It opens with tangy bergamot and spicy Bourbon pepper, intermingling with lucious rose and clean jasmine...the tiare flower is so sweet and exotic; it's a heady mixture. The heart comes alive as Bulgarian rose blossoms in the heat of the incense,musk,patchouli,guaic and sandalwood base. This perfume is expertly blended and was given extreme amounts of TLC by Ms. Von Teese herself. She visited the perfumery on a daily basis for a year and a half while she lived in Paris to oversee this very personal project. I must agree, it is her masterpiece and I am etremely pleased I purchased one of the very few that were available. It was soo worth it! I have recieved many compliments from men and women while wearing this today. Sillage is heavy and it is very long lasting, a fantastic evening scent for the Femme Totale! A 10!

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

Bought this unsniffed from eBay, since it is not availabel in Denmark. (bought the small purse spray with the tassel , which is absolutely gorgeous!!)

Nice scent, deep, smokey, mysterious. Actually, this is excactely how I would imaging Dita smelling.

It is a bit heavy for daytime wear, but very sexy as an evening/night fragrance. Very boudoir and femme fatale ish.

Hope Dita will make more fragrances - she definetely has an eye for designing bottles, and I would imagine that she has many more good ideas. I love the vintage style bottle :)

caline00
caline00

This perfume is a floral perfume but yet very daring and sexy and it screams " DITA VON TEESE "
I pretty much enjoy this scent and i think it is more of a winter night scent .

noori
noori

For a drugstore scent (and for the price), this is a good scent. First a bit clean and fresh thanks to the bergamot and peony, then the other flowers make it a bit sweeter and powdery, with a hint of woods. Well, I thought it would be more dramatic/smokey/etc., but hey - for a celebrity-frag, this is pretty good, I mean, no typical fruity/floral, that dries down into the most over-used vanilla-base. At least it tries to be different, and kinda succeeded in my opinion.

ailishlu
ailishlu

I have a dual attitude towards this one. I like it and then I don´t like it. The first time I tried it last year I thought if was extremely strong but really nice. There is definitely a note in there that I´m really attracted to but I can´t quite figure out what it is. I find the beginning terribly overpowering but once it settles it´s quite pleasant. It has a kind of sexy vibe to it very much like VW Boudoire, but not in the same category of course. It lasts a long time, but unfortunately after a while I got a bit of a headache because I find it nice but somehow just too much. I think you can only wear this in cooler weather and in the evening. A tiny little amount is all you need for the whole evening because the sillage and longevity are tremendous. I must say that for a drugstore scent it fares better than some more expensive ones.

stefanie.vieweg
stefanie.vieweg

I saw this in a store and finally there was a tester to try it. I sprayed some on my arm and immidiatly a soft, sweet, musky, woody scent evolved!
I threw it in my bag and bought it for my mother! She had to have it! It´s such a nice, well blended, perfectly mixed, classy scent.
I was sure that I smell Vanilla in it, too, but appareantly there isn´t vanilla listed in the notes.
Anyways, I gave it to my mother and she was very excited! She agreed that it´s a very classy, mature and warm scent. She said she likes it alot, too.
My mothers favourite scents are Opium, Hypnotic Poison, CK Obsession and such. So I guess people who like musky, spicy, woody florals will also enjoy Dita von Teese´s fragrance.

sheherazade80
sheherazade80

It isn't sold anywhere in Europe except for Germany (it has been launched in England last week though), so one year ago, when my father had to go there for work, I had him buy it. He came back with the coffret containing the smallest vial (ever!) and shower gel. I love it!! Now it's available in Uk, I'll shop for this in the net and buy the biggest version. It has a good staying power (on mne), I also layer it with Bvulgari Mon Jasmin Noir or some oudh oil from Turkey and it's amazing!But I must adimit that I find Madonna's fragrance a bit more elaborated and original!

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

In the UK this is being launched at Liberty's on May 1st. Why? This seems a bit of a high end kind of launch for something I was expecting to be available in Boots- chain store chemist. I like Dita and all that, but really - Liberty's? Wtf....

arnela
arnela

This is not parfum for every woman. It is very personal kind od fragrance. It is a very intimate fragrance. This is not a perfume, which can be smeld by people meters away from you, but perfume to draw someone close to you. I like the intimacy od this fragrance. Perfume is for my notions fatal. The base is very intense and sexy. I got it from a friend for my last birthday. Before that, I tried it on my skin and I was immediately "love". Flascon sod this perfume for my taste is divine. Very feminine. Overall I love vintage flascons (bottle) and this is definitely vintage. I am proud to wear it.

I could test this one eventually! I was curious about it. Apparently Dita von Teese was annoyed by the fact that her mother-in-low wear her same fave Quelques Fleurs by Houbigant, SO she wanted to make her own perfume! I bet she keeps wearing Houbigant while earning money on her celebrity scent which by the way it's not so cheap considering that the bottle is very small (20ml)
The bottle first of all it's a masterpiece of wanna-look-sophiticated-sexy-but-I-couldn't. It's black plastic in an oldfashioned style with pump. Serious, not frilly at all, just austhere and plastic and AWFUL.
The scent itself is not bad. It depends on points of view and where you start judging. In the sea of plasticky gourmand celebs Dita von Teese stands as elegant powdery floral. It smells mostly of jasmine without any ooomph with a powdery base, almost like jasmin talcum powder and it's not a bad smell.
It's tamed and faint, not annoying.
The first impression is nice but it doesn't keep promise after half a hour.
It could be a casual daywear to smell clean and soft.
If you are looking for Perfume, look elsewhere.

Gyöngy
Gyöngy

Maybe because of the peony it reminds me of Naf Naf Too but smells like a little bit cheap spray. Not ideal for young girls better for middle-aged (or older) women. I hope her next parfume will be better than this one.

vegasvohs
vegasvohs

I just received this as a gift... My other favorite scent is Pure Poison by Dior. This evokes in me the same emotions. I think feel sexy in it. My fiance nuzzles closer when I am wearing it as well. I guess that is all that matters.

Gigi86
Gigi86

I can describe it with one word: terrible!
Smells like some kind of cheap shampoo.
For me it's the nadir of celebrity parfumes.

Scentszilla
Scentszilla

I think for a "drugstore" fragrance of this price point I think Dita has done an great job with "Femme Totale". Certainly nothing to be ashamed of, in fact quite the opposite ! The design looks classy and very apropos. (The smaller purse bottle being particularly gorgeous and covetable !) The fragrance is actually a good cut above the usual mediocrity of "celeb-u-scents". Perfectly suited to Ms. Von Teese's aesthetic, good value for it's price, and in fact even brings a nice level of sophistication to this dire corner of perfumery.
The fragrance isn't daring as I'd hoped it might be, but it still certainly fits with what I'd expect from a "Dita perfume". It's has the vintage appeal of that most classic of pairings rose and patchouli. In a somewhat lightened (neo?)chypre structure, with only light spices and smokey woods for some added interest and depth. What else would a sultry Femme Fatale wear during the day (if on this budget ? ;o)
If I were to be asked what notes I'd expect from a Dita fragrance, which would evoke both her character and aesthetic. I'd probably come up with pretty much this exact list of notes too. All in all, I think it suits the brief and is actually pretty good for what it is.

Fizzy
Fizzy

I am a big fan of black bottles (having the feeling, light can not make my holy perfumes worse) and I love this cute balloon atomizer! So it was a must try for me - but I am sadly completely unimpressed, even if this smell is not so bad for its category of drugstore scents.

I'm not a fan of Dita and wasn't expecting much. I found the scent in the drugstore today and tried it on just because I came across it. First of all: I find the bottle unpretty and the spraying system looks like it could crash soon and could give away no more spray fast. The first impression was: the usual kind of drugstore scent. Easy to be liked by everyone. A bit like a fresh-flowery laundry conditioner. The drydown is a bit more interesting. On my skin the Tiare comes out nicely. I guess other notes like Jasmin and Peony spoil it a little for me, but as a drugstore scent it's still one of the better ones. Just don't expect more than a drugstore scent.

Aqua218
Aqua218

Oh my! I am absolutely dying to try this one! I know it's launching in Berlin on Oct. 13, but I'm praying to the perfume Gods that a few bottles end up at the Frankfurt airport duty free shop - I'm going to be passing through there around the same time! I don't want to wait another year before it comes to Canada!!!

Dita Von Teese by Dita Von Teese 3.71 out of 5 based on 268 ratings and 77 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dita Von Teese Dita Von Teese fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dita Von Teese Dita Von Teese, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dita Von Teese by Dita Von Teese. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dita Von Teese by Dita Von Teese represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.