Designers » D E » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Erotique Dita Von Teese for women
dislike

smoky
leather
Erotique Dita Von Teese for women Pictures Erotique Dita Von Teese for women Pictures

Erotique by Dita Von Teese is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Erotique was launched in 2013. The fragrance features rose, incense, leather, pepper, coriander, musk, sandalwood, cedar and guaiac wood.

Rose Incense Leather Pepper Coriander Musk Sandalwood Cedar Guaiac Wood

Erotique Fragrance Reviews

viveka
viveka

I do like original Dita, Rouge and Fleur'tease aren't bad, all together there're really interesting, non-conventional scents with "luxury" touch. Unfortunately, Erotique, although its name, is... intolerable. Like punch in your nose, very strong, defined and masculine smell you don't know how to tame. Not for myself, not for my boyfriend, I don't find it romance/seductive at all. For my nose is sharp and really unpleasant, so unpleasant that I ran to the bathroom with "urgent" signal, note - this frag is so strong that even triple washing (with soap) wasn't enough :) If I had to point family of this kind of perfumes I would say Nu Ysl. Maybe again, it's sophisticated in some way, surely not sugary-infantile jelly for teenagers but for me unfortunately simply intolerable.

MorbidPrincess
MorbidPrincess

My signature fragrance is Kelly Caleche, so I love roses and leather in a combination. Incense is one of my favourite notes too, so when I saw these as some of the notes in Erotique I was intrigued. Firstly, I love the first Dita Von Teese fragrance, it is very reminiscent of that vintage era of elegance that is lacking in a lot of today's sugar sweet perfumes. I have also tried Rouge, which was very pretty but not as impressive for me so I wondered if Dita has lost her perfuming way. I never bought Fleur as to be honest it sounded rather pedestrian.

So back to the perfume at hand, Erotique. I was unable to buy it in the UK (for some reason), so found a seller in Hungary. I received it this morning and WOW was it worth the wait! At first sniff, it was a very dry peppery leather and I wasn't sure at all. But within 10 minutes it's full beauty had started to unfold. The pepper sits back to just give a slight spicy depth (black pepper can be a tricky note for me personally). The star of the show is the leather. It is an intensely erotic fragrance, smelling like butter soft, clean, slightly soapy leather. The slight soapy quality I think is a combination of the rose and sandalwood. It's not a girly soapy smell but reminds me of when the smell of sandalwood saddlesoap on leather hides. The incense makes an appearance about now toning down any pretention to this fragrance being purely feminine. It is much more, it is feminine erotica! Forget Fifty Shades, get this! As you can tell, I'm in love!

hapa
hapa

I am not opposed to celebrity or lower price point fragrances because what matters is the scent. It is probably true many celebrities slap their names on everything to help ensure their retirement will be comfortable but I have a feeling Dita Von Teese knew what she wanted with this fragrance and I would say it's all here. This smells like the essence of sex. Not sex itself but rather the feelings and moments that lead to sex. Yes, it is Erotique!

Erotique is primal but clean much like most people on the prowl; understated yet clearly primped with high hopes for the night. Let us begin this journey!

I did not smell leather at first but rather a pile of woods and incense burning in the sand on a hot day. Not a beach because that would mean oceanic or marine notes and their coolness. This is hot and dry without a hint of coolness. Ice princesses beware and only wear this if you want to smoulder. It is not fresh but it is clean but with no soapiness. There is a moment where you smell the leather but it smells like a leather corset worn next to the skin which has been washed with a French rose fragranced body wash. Again, no soap just cleanliness.

Yes, there is pepper and coriander but they are more like expensive and tasteful reed diffusing air freshners in the background providing a complimentary experience to the fragrance wearer. Vanilla, fruit and flowers would not be welcome and indeed would be like adding 7 Up to whiskey. Why ruin perfection?

What is not perfect is longevity. I sprayed it before I went to bed and it was almost gone when I woke up. I spray in the morning and have to spray again at lunch. It is because I must carry this I find the lock and key charm useful: it prevents the fragrance from being sprayed by accident in my handbag.

I had difficulty finding this in Ireland and eventually bought online. It is affordable and a welcome addition to any perfume collection, even a tightly edited one. I think you'll be surprised by home often it is used. Sometimes I apply some Kiehls Musk Oil or Avon Night Musk before spraying this on but rarely. Like I said this is a perfect fragrance so I'm not going to tinker with that! At least not too often.

P.s. When I'm rinsing out my stockings I let them soak in water that has some of the Erotique shower gel in it after I have washed them. This gives a light fragrance off them, especially after wearing them for a while. It is subtle but a nice way to layer the fragrance!

Soniadevi
Soniadevi

This is beautiful, in a really grown up kind of way. A little naughty, but nice. Leather first hits my nose when I spray this - a sort of plasticky leather if I'm honest - then it starts to soften, and goes through a smoky rose phase, backed up by smoky, musky woods that give it presence and solidity. I really liked this from the get go, but found it difficult to integrate into my life, even though it suits my skin chemistry enough to be wearable and a little bit sexy. Beware though: this is the kind of scent that HAS to suit your skin chemistry. If you're lucky, you'll enjoy this a lot, if not, you'll hate it. I can understand why others hate it. It suits me so I love it. That's usually what happens with perfumes!
I am very pleased to have this in my "arsenal" of scents, and I find it goes superbly with a nice pair of black leather boots (high heeled of course) on a rainy day with a nice dress and coat. Dita has created a perfume that is HER version of "aspirational". We all have a fantasy of the kind of woman we want to be, and perfume helps to anchor that fantasy, by making the image seem more real, as it is fleshed out with scent. I wouldn't call this scent a masterpiece, but it is nicely executed and I shall most definitely keep wearing it.

GrayCat
GrayCat

This is a total pepperbomb on me. It's a very 'dry' scent, and with my own particular chemistry, I am unable to detect much variation from it other than the aforementioned pepper and perhaps a little unspecified 'woodsiness'. I sadly do not get any of the leather that others have mentioned. That said, I don't totally hate this scent or even dislike it. It's just, well, different than what I was expecting. Even though I called it a pepperbomb, it sits very close to the skin on me and does not overwhelm. It has a low silliage, but I feel that is intentional, as in it's the kind of scent where you need to be close to the person wearing it to become aware of its presence. This keeps it from being overbearing or garish. You won't have it 'hit you in the face' if someone were to walk by you wearing it. On me, it lasts a fairly long time, longer than I expected given it's relatively sublte silliage.

I think I'll have to wear it a few more times to see if this scent is a proper 'fit' for me. I like having something different in my collection, and though pepper is usually a dealbreaker for me, this one intruiges me in that it is so divergent from my usual tastes. I am not a fan of overtly floral perfumes, but I LOVE gourmande fragrances almost to the point of obsession. This lacks any sweetness to it whatsoever, and it's singulary feels almost 'fresh' to me, but that's b/c I'm so used to dousing myself in all things vanilla, musk, or amber.

So, in short (sorry for the ramblings!), this is a skin scent with a STRONG pepper bite to it. I don't hate it, but it isn't instant love yet, either. Perhaps with time, I will know if 'Erotique' is just another passing infatuation or a long term relationship type of scent...

extrasensoryperception
extrasensoryperception

Absolutely rank! Smells like walking into a leather shop and wrinkling your nose. I ll give Dita 'hats off' for going ahead with such a bold fragrance but this is seriously 'unerotique.' If you want sex in a bottle look to AP, especially rhe original or L'Agent.

Mistress Eva
Mistress Eva

Wow. Simply put: this is leather and sex in liquid form. Incredibly seductive, but not in your sensual and feminine way. It is seductive in the whips and chains/BDSM dungeon sort of way. Granted, this type of brazen scent isn't for everyone, but it is certainly something I find incredibly appealing. Bravo, Dita -- you've done the perfume form of unabashed eroticism perfectly.

Orsyna
Orsyna

I tried it yesterday. I have to admit I hate this I was waiting for to wash off becasue irritated me.Sorry but rouge is much erotique or better for me.

Elysia
Elysia

It was love at first sniff. I also love Dita's first scent, but what I feel for this is almost obsession. I think it's the learthery undertone that seduced me. Beware though, after I bought the bottle I got carried away and well...it's not a scent to shower yourself with. Just like real eroticism does not equal shameless nudity wherever you go, this perfume works best for me when I use just a few drops to enhance my original body scent. What I also love about Dita's scents is that they instantly put me in a better mood with their warmness. This one is somewhat cosy too beside being sexy. It does nto smell like sex with a stranger rather then making love to a beloved partner, you know inside out.

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

I have just bought my very first celeb fragrance : Erotique !
When I read about the notes and some comments I felt that this was a scent worth trying. It was.
Even though Erotique does not live up to its name it is a decent woody spicy scent and perfect for the coming colder days.
What strikes me most : does anybody else notice the similarity to CdG´s Wonderwood ? Wonderwood once gave me bad headaches but Dita´s spicy perfume is OK for me.
Besides, I love the small bottle size (why can´t other brands offer 20ml bottles?) !
If you love heavy, spicy orientals and are looking for something positively weird in a rather inexpensive fragrance I recommend you to give Erotique a try. If you can do without the erotic mood which was promised and not kept this scent is a nice day-to-day fragrance for a reasonable price....and a quite cute bottle :-)

Cerise Noire
Cerise Noire

I hate it :( Which makes me sad because I've had great experiences with Dita's perfumes so far and I was very happy when I noticed this beautiful bottle. But the smell of this reminds me of stale laundry and beer. It's one of those that you hate from the first sniff. I've given it time but there's no chance I'll ever change my mind. I think it's horrible.

sweefa
sweefa

Sensuous is that you? No really, smells like the first phase of Estee Lauder Sensuous watered down with some warm milk.
It's lighter, less sweet and less luscious but still cozy and inviting. There's a honey/sandalwood combination that reminds me very much of the former and I think this could be worth a try for everyone who can't wear Sensuous because it's too heavy for them.
It's even suitable for the office in autumn and winter.
Erotique doesn't develop much but has a good staying power.
The first Dita fragrance I like so far.

Dubaiscents
Dubaiscents

Starts with a cigarette type of smokiness mixed with leather and some peppery spice. The dry down becomes much woodier (mostly cedar and some hints of sandalwood) but, the smoke and leather stay with it. I didn't get much rose at all. This might be my favorite of the line so far. I wish all celebuscents were half as good as this!

tessa2809
tessa2809

I can clearly smell the incense, pepper and leather in this. Somehow I can imagine Erotique as an x-rated version of Paco Rabanne Black XS :) Although I do enjoy this fragrance myself, I can imagine it's not for everybody. It's also very different from the standard flowery vanilla celebrity fragrances, but I think it's great that Dita chose to try something different!

Ribanalon
Ribanalon

I can smell leather, pepper and sence the musk.... but its not at "good" smeel..... sadly :( not my kinda perfume :-/ or maybe i just need to smell it more times like i needed to do with the "Dita Von Teese, Rouge" before i liked it.

But a really weird smell!

ailishlu
ailishlu

There is NO leather in this. All I get is pepper and possibly musk. It totally disappears. What a disappointment. I was so hoping for something better from Dita von Teese. There is nothing erotic about this fragrance.

nitschevo
nitschevo

Ohhh really interested into this one! The notes sound fabulous! Does anybody know when its set to launch exactly?

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

I'm officially intrigued by the main accords here, and even pleased by the golden bottle. Let's just say that I can hardly wait to smell what's inside!

( If Dita's designer could have left off the cutesy lock and key, this celebrity bottle would actually have been elegant..... )

Erotique by Dita Von Teese 3.52 out of 5 based on 53 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dita Von Teese Erotique fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dita Von Teese Erotique, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Erotique by Dita Von Teese. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Erotique by Dita Von Teese represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.