Designers » D E » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

L'Homme de Coeur Divine for men

L'Homme de Coeur Divine for men
dislike

L'Homme de Coeur Divine for men Pictures L'Homme de Coeur Divine for men Pictures

Divine is a very interesting, little, French perfume house. L'Homme de Coeur is embued from head to toe with the main note – iris, which is not so powdery as cold. Spruce and cypress make excellent company to iris, since they balance its metal nuance. Angelica adds a spicy accord into the heart of iris, while the base contains sweet amber and wood. This is an unusual and attractive fragrance for men.

Designers are Richard Ibanez of Robertet and Yann Vasnier of Givaudan, USA. L'Homme de Coeur was launched in 2002.

Angelica Juniper Berries Cypress

iris

Ambergris Musk Vetiver

Olibanum

L'Homme de Coeur Fragrance Reviews

smora
smora

One of my best recent discoveries. Perfectly balanced Mr. Nice Guy. Realistic, fresh iris devoid of the lipstick vibe combined with a pinch of pepper, bitter angelica and juniper and cypress. Drydown is absolutely gorgeous with ambergris and musk.
Positive, gentle and optimistic. A positive thinking battery. Nice and simple scent. The perfumed light.

Scentrack: The Style Council - You're The Best Thing

Rating: light ****

Little Prince
Little Prince

One of the most masculine iris fragrances in the market, L'Homme De Coeur is a vey distinctive herbal woody composition feauturing the iris as the star. Heavy notes such as vetiver and cypress reside here in the background and leave iris to take the lead like tigers protecting an arctic fox. The iris feels slightly cold and powdery but the overall feel is tremendously woody and herbal fresh with green nuances and a salty undertone. In the dry-down it gets sweeter, in a dry dusty way. Perfect for the summer since it is very cooling and refreshing in case understatement and elegance is your thing. It will also apeal to lovers of herbal scents and vetiver fans.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

What a nice, clean, cozy scent. I do think this could be unisex, although the character of this scent is more stereotypically masculine. I’m a woman, and I’m enjoying it as part of a decant set of iris-themed fragrances.

This is a “clean laundry, walking in a juniper woods” kind of smell. The iris contributes to the woodiness and I think is either part of or very complemented by the “clean laundry” musk. The vetiver also draws this into an earthy, rooty vibe. It is a very fresh fragrance, fresh in an outdoorsy kind of way; but not going totally down the “Irish Spring” route—it has more character than that. It is vaguely similar to Bijan Nude for Men, only de Coeur has more of a woodsy (juniper) note. The iris does give it a unique character, not quite powdery but sort of an earthy dustiness, a diffuseness of the scent.

I did not find this scent to evolve much, but it did seem to intensify slightly as I wore it longer, becoming a bit stronger after 3 hours than I perceived it to be at first application, which was interesting. Longevity was 5+ hours, and sillage is moderate.

Gwizz
Gwizz

One of the nicest surprises I've had in my journey through fragrance. If I may bore you with a short back story?

I had an order of decants from Surrender To Chance delayed for some reason and the good folks there threw in a couple of free samples by way of apology (great customer service from STC as always), of which this was one. I must confess to having never heard of either this fragrance, nor the house from whence it came. As such, there's very little chance I'd have actually bought this scent myself. Also, I was only just coming to terms with iris as a primary note at the time, and was quite undecided from what I'd experienced at that point. L'Homme de Coeur changed that for me. It is unlike any other iris I'd experienced before or since and really put into perspective for me, how I like my iris framed. I'm not saying it's the greatest iris of all time by a long shot, for instance, I greatly appreciate the accidental artistry of something like Luten's Iris Silver Mist and would never put LHdC on the same level as something like that. But it really is an elegant, subtle, classy interpretation

When I opened my sample, I dabbed a little on kind of mindlessly and in the opening, all I got was that department store/designer frag opening that so many of the uninspired mainstream masculine scents seem to have these days and thought, "oh well, at least it was free", and I threw it in the drawer. But quite seriously, it took literally 5 minutes for that opening to burn off and reveal what lay beneath. That is, a really well executed iris note that is neither to powdery or too waxy/lipstick like. It's still dry and crisp, but I find a certain warmth in it. Accompanying that is a wonderful concert of angelica, juniper and vetiver that blend seamlessly and add a real elegance to the overall accord. It's all wrapped up in a cedar/cypress woods that avoid being either too chilly or too much like pencil shavings. Paradoxically, it's an ethereal musk and ambergris combo that seem to lend some solidity to the composition, which is hard to fathom really, but does seem to help provide shape and some extra surprises in the later dry down.

Overall, I rate this offering from Divine quite highly, in terms of it being below "niche" quality (whatever you take that to mean) and sitting more comfortably with more mainstream designer scents. But that being the case, it definitely deserves to reside quite near the top of that particular pile in my opinion. It's an understated, extremely well executed fragrance, with moderate to good longevity, which should keep you very happy indeed.

Anyway, sorry for the essay! That got pretty long winded...I really just wanted to express the pleasant surprise I had with this scent.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

One of my first blind buys when I was "entering" the niche world, I bought this when Divine was a newcomer in the market. I never regretted that purchase – this and "L'homme sage" are still among my favourite masculines ever. A really peculiar and consistent take on iris, which does not smell like anything else, in a totally good way. The main accord is a grey, fresh, balsamic, blend of iris and juniper with bright sweet floral notes, however really "dense" and harmonic, on a light musky base. Spring-y and light, an aerial linear freshness – not creamy, neither powdery. A solid, dark but really subtle base of ambergris and musks (I honestly do not get any vetiver). Stunningly balanced and distinctive, really beautiful and worth the purchase. Persistence is a bit short, but you would not expect a monster longevity given the ingredients.

8,5/10

Bkelk
Bkelk

The opening to this fragrance is pencil shavings and classic men's cologne - something that's been done before. I'm not impressed. Divine "Sage" is even more pedestrian - it smells like a classic barbershop scent. Like something older men used to bathe in before going to parties in the 70's. So far i'm not a fan of this house.

kunio
kunio

This one is a somehow clean, less synthetic and actually a much better version of versace the dreamer. if you like the dreamer but it is too strong, cloying, headache inducing or synthetic for you, try this one.

just like the dreamer it reminds me of clean linen. here, you can smell the iris much better, too!

sergio.fiorenzi
sergio.fiorenzi

This is my favourite Divine Fragrance for men,
It is a wonderful and long last fragrance.

saintlunaire
saintlunaire

Bought in Dinard a special little sea resort in Britany where the house 'Divine' is.
Very special scent, both virile and surprising with its powdery note.
Maybe too much styrax in the composition.

If you're looking for something stunning or obstentately opulent you should better avoid L'Homme De Coeur. Instead, if discreet elegance and refinement is what you're after I guess you could really be positively surprised by this composition.

A serious contendant, or at least an alternative, to the most popular Dior Homme (to me there is no match between the two as I largely prefer this one over the Dior but that's another point). Iris, woody notes and juniper are the main ingredients of this concotion and are actually enough to create a perfectly balanced blend that easily stands at the top of this kind of fragrances together with the most popular names.

The overall effect is the same of listening to a singer with one of those faint voices but with an unmistakeable vpoiceprint. A sort of mascuilne version of Peggy Lee. L'Homme De Coeur is a good example of a contemporary masterpiece aimed at everyday's wearing and still maintaining an incredible dose of uniqueness. Subtile perfection.

Rating: 8.5 leaning to 9/10

spoombung
spoombung

Intriguing because it showcases a very prominent smell of burnt, electrical cables combined with synthetic, almond topped coconut macaroons.

Very plasticy and odd - it smells more like one of those Mark Buxton compositions for CDG.

Gator71
Gator71

At first, this smelled pretty good, but it didn't wow me. Kind of dry and....brittle? But after 2 or 3 hours, the vanilla slowly comes forward and I'm liking it more. Perhaps not enough for me to get a whole bottle, but I do think it's worth a try if the notes sound good to you.

Stefan
Stefan

I have to say, it's worth getting, I plan on getting it. It reminds me of armani code, but only at the drydown and after an hour of wearing it. The initial scent is kinda fruity and spicy, but smooths out.

Malegria
Malegria

I think it is very similar to Angel Schlesser, but in a reverse sort of way.
L`Homme de Coeur starts as a sharp citrus+cardamom+cypress, and then it warms up to a nice woody-citrus base with a very strong approach towards the iris - as knightz wrote, the iris enhances later on (love it, love it, love it!). Very light and in my opinion, suitable for women as well!

knightz
knightz

L'Homme de Coeur is my favorite Divine fragrance, and it's also the most subtle of the men's. The opening is lightly coniferous and herbaceously spicy with a pronounced Iris note. The Iris is cool and clean but it stops short of being too sharp. The Iris is the main focus of the scent and it lasts almost all the way through the dry down.

Within the first hour some woodiness from the base starts to glow, propping up the Iris note even more. When the Amber and Vetyver join the mix, the Amber makes an Amber-Iris accord that is almost incense-like, and the Vetyver gives the scent a light raw earthiness. These new accords are well behaved and stay in the background. The description I got with my sample says there is also Liatrix and Musk. I learned that Liatrix is an oriental note based on the Deer's Tongue plant's leaves, and has a Vanilla-like aroma because the leaves contain crystals of coumarin. It's not Musky to me.

L'Homme de Coeur comes in an EDP and the longevity is very good. After six hours it is still there, it has moved in closer but still very much present. If you like comparisons, then this Iris is something like Infusion d'Homme's but it's not as sharp. Two very different takes on the Iris. L'Homme de Coeur is one of the best lighter scents I've ever tried.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Divine L'Homme de Coeur fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Divine L'Homme de Coeur, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Homme de Coeur by Divine. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Homme de Coeur by Divine represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.