Designers » D E » Oriental Woody « Groups

dislike

I have it: 191 I had it: 133 I want it: 244 My signature: 10

leather
By Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures By Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures

Wild and provocative fragrance. A blend of spices and citruses in the top, which includes pepper and walnut, leads into masculine aromatic heart which unites lavender and Artemisia. The intense sharp base is composed of sandalwood, leather, Guaiac wood, and amber. It was created in 1997.

Nutmeg Pepper

Artemisia Lavender

Leather Sandalwood Amber Guaiac Wood Tobacco

By Fragrance Reviews

sharmap14
sharmap14

After reading all these reviews i thought to myself this must be something special, found a bottle rotting at an independant fragrance store in the middle of nowhere. bought it and opened it inside the store to see what all the hype was about. this could have been a winner back in the day when it came out because there might not have been anything like it, but now 2014, pretty much every deisgner fragrance house has something that smells like it or much better than it. chanel, armani, ferragamo. it smells pretty generic and nothing special. yeah the bottle is cool and stands out but the fragrance itself isn't anything to be going all crazy about.

LaVieEnParfum
LaVieEnParfum

very strong, sweet and cheap frangrance. the bottle was the only cool thing.

spcmiller
spcmiller

I just received a 4 ml bottle of this and I don't see the charm... at all. It seems chaotic and poorly executed and could easily be mistaken for a dozen other designer frags on the market right now. There's just nothing that stands out and I was looking forward to the walnut note, but it seems to get lost somewhere in the middle. Disappointing.

raunchy
raunchy

Wonder how it smell when i see many guys love it. Must be a King Fragrance!

shayz
shayz

Amazing perfume I have it for over 15 years and I rarely use it
the Smell is so good to Describe
quality remains as it was
Today is a rare perfume I think selling it on e bay
I hope i will not regret it

Suvi23
Suvi23

Oh dear. Why have you been discontinued and why are you so expensive now?

First of all, I still do not have a signature scent. I have not found the one and only. Hm, well, I actually have but it is not produced any more. Guess what it is. Of course it is Dolce & Gabbana By. I will have to keep searching.

Every single note can be smelled in different stages. Starts with the nutmeg and pepper combo. Wow. I can not believe how perfect it is. Leather, amber, flowers and woods join later while the nutmeg and pepper slowly fade.

This has been worn by me only a few times, but already on my top 5 most complimented list. Trust me. It is indeed the sexiest fragrance for men. Ever. Without any doubt. I feel like a millionaire who is stylish, fashionable, elegant, romantic and unapproachable, but one ogle and every women would jump on him. By takes me to Wonderland. Its uniqueness simply amazes me. Nothing similar in the world. Designer fragrance with niche quality and now price as well.

Longevity is out of this world. 14-15 hours on my skin and 36-48 hours easily on my clothes. Projection is a beast, a monster. It projects heavily for about 7-8 hours. Thanks to this, I only need 2 sprays, so it will serve me for a while. Especially because I will not use it for taking the garbage out, only for occasions that deserve it. Anyway, I will keep my eyes open and will buy every single bottle I find at a manageable price. I am sorry everyone.

I wish I could understand why Dolce & Gabbana decided to discontinue this. Mistake of the decade.

Projection: 10/10
-------------------------
Overall: 30/30

*** MASTERPIECE BADGE ***

wrbenjam
wrbenjam

I have alfred dunhill desire and I have a sample from a known authentic bottle of by man. In my opinion, I think desire is too strong to be compared to by man. By man is a very calm close to skin scent whereas desire is very conspicuous and can sometimes be overbearing. Desire is also better used in colder whereas by can be worn at anytime. By man is a very subtle a great scent for everyday use

ahnlikeoff
ahnlikeoff

I was wondering if someone who has an authentic bottle could post pictures of the bottle so we know what the real thing looks like before purchasing the exhorbently bottles being offered online.

Also, wondering if we can get a list of alternative options going?

edge42
edge42

What can I say about D&G By Man, this stuff is just special. Always has been, and now that it's been (criminally) discontinued, that just makes it even more special.

Unique, manly, sexy as hell and lasts and projects all day long. Not only do I love it, but apparently everyone who smells it on me does too. Definitely one of my all time favorites. One of the best fragrances there ever has been and probably ever will be. D&G you're crazy for discontinuing this masterpiece!

saul charbaji
saul charbaji

11 / 10 .piece of art . The sexiest scent ever . Nutmeg and pepper then artemisia and lavender! dries down to a beautiful amber leather and woods ... A must have in your collection . You will be lucky to find an authentic bottle . If u do , save it for your lifetime ...

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

When I first got into my fragrance addiction which started with Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme, I started collecting all of the D&G line.. When I heard about By Man and how rare and hard to find it was, I knew that it had to be something special.. I managed to by myself a 1.7 ounce bottle for $200 from a reputable store a couple years ago.. When I first sprayed the fragrance on my arm I was a little confused and thought it smelled of what some would call "old women" perfume.. But than I gave it another chance and actually wore the fragrance, and that time it smelled completely different! I fell head over heels in love! After a little bit more experimentation with By it had already replaced D&G Pour Homme as my favorite fragrance.. I like my men's fragrances to be masculine but not over the top macho at all, and By Man has some androgynous qualities, which works perfectly for me.. But I think all women interested should definitely go for By Women which is equally a masterpiece and one of the sexiest women's fragrances I have come across.. By Man goes on light but than warms up to the skin and starts to turn into the sex beast that it is known to be! Once it warms up it starts to project and leaves a trail of the gorgeous fragrance behind you.. It also last quite a long time and has a remarkable dry down.. The notes are all so blended well that it is very hard to tell them apart from each other.. I have read all different types of note breakdowns for By but this is what I smell.. When you first spray By Man you get a mix of all the notes that blend together oh so well, lavender, pepper, and nutmeg.. In the opening there is this gorgeous unique "nutty" note that I suspect is the nutmeg but also could be walnut if it really happens to be part of this fragrace.. I never have smelled a nutmeg note quite like this one before.. Now on the tester bottle of By the top is listed as follows, Three Heridones Elixir, Pepper and Nutmeg Leaves.. Once the "nutty" note starts to calm down the fragrance starts to really come together.. The mid consist of Lymph Lifescent, Lavender and Artemesia, and the base consist of Sandalwood, Leather, Gaiacwood, Ambrox, and Amber.. I am sure there is tobacco somewhere in the base to.. The lavender blends with the spices, woods, leather, ambrox and amber and creates something that is simply magical.. A gorgeous luxurious powdery fragrance with nuances of all these wonderful notes.. When you wear By you feel like a sex god, like a wild animal! This fragrance is high quality, powerful, sensual, and captivating! This is Dolce & Gabbana's true masterpiece! This is also the one fragrance that I can really actually smell the dry down loud and clear.. The dry down is simply heavenly and words can not describe it.. I have searched for similar fragrances and have found one that is so similar that it seems like a reformulated version of By.. But when you compare them there is something about By that is far superior.. There is something magical in By that sets it apart and makes it smell out of this world! I have yet to find a fragrance designer or niche that can compete with this! Dolce & Gabbana ought to be ashamed of themselves for discontinuing this beauty! By makes "The One" smell like dollar store cologne, that is how good it is! The only thing that I can compare it to for those that wonder what By Man smells like is "new car scent".. Now that may sound derogatory but what I mean is, picture a high class refined sexy beast of a fragrance that smells a bit similar to that particular scent.. I have received compliments from strangers when wearing this and no one can deny how good it smells.. By Man is my favorite fragrance out of every single one that I have ever sniffed! It is one hell of a fragrance! 10 out of 10!

usas
usas

Rewritten review:

Wow, this is something else!
Dolce & Gabbana Man is a milky, creamy, powdery, sweet, soft scent with awesome longevity power. I would like to place it in the gourmand-genre. The top notes are a party to me: refreshing and soothing at the same time. The base is lots of amber, vanilla (I seem to be the only one who gets vanilla) and a bit pepper. On the skin this scent lasts a day minimum and has a warm and sweet, natural feel to it. On clothes this lasts for at least four days.
The scent coukd be feminin but has an edge to it which makes it more masculin.

8,5/10

neilvizuett

Hi, everyone. I´ve just tried a fragrance that smells very close IMO to "BY", By "DOLCE AND GABBANNA". This fragrance is "DESIRE" by "ALFRED DUNHILL", to all of you who don´t seem to find this discontinued fragrance "BY". I finally got "BY" like 2 months ago after looking for it for a long time; honestly, it didn´t impress me that much, but it did impress my family and friends and basically everyone. But then I tried and bought "DESIRE" and it smells almost identical to "BY" IMO. I even like it a little more that "BY".

fmvolume
fmvolume

One of the best perfumes to have ever existed in my opinion. I still have a bottle that I use sparingly and over half full. It truly is a gem and wish D&G would bring it back.

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

how can they discontinue such a beautiful treasure ?

i want it again

Chaz1
Chaz1

A masterpiece, classic, amazing and just plain good. From the first spray to the dry down. It's all the hype.
Have to give it 5*****

neilvizuett

I´ve heard everywhere that this fragrance is super-wonderful-wonderful-amazing fragrance in every aspect. The thing is, that when I smelled it, I wasn´t that impressed, but everyone who has smelled it on me, has said it smells super-wonderful-wonderful-amazing-ly!!!

Ronson9
Ronson9

Extraordinary well balanced fragrance with high longevity, good sillage and gorgeous drydown. Lovely, 10/10

Marcmartin
Marcmartin

I need this in my life

JackieD4400
JackieD4400

nraimondi and/or anyone else who has a bottle of this fragrance I'm very interested in puchasing. New to this site, please DM me with pricing details.

igordeme
igordeme

Marvelous Fragrance! One of my favourites! Does anybody know where I can find it? Regards

mikemuscles21
mikemuscles21

My first true love. I miss this one so much. I hear there are still some places that have old bottles.

rttoronto
rttoronto

My Holy Grail of fragrance, there will never be another like you. I have half a bottle left plus a sealed 100ml that is kept in cold storage. How they let this beauty be discontinued is beyond me. Sheer sophistication: Dolce & Gabbana By for men.

laurasinging
laurasinging

in a word this scent is sexy. Whoever wears this perfume is a sexy, confident and mature man! Outstanding! thats it and nobody does sexy the way 'by' does it not even close . This fragrance is sex in a bottle. Wish Dolce & Gabbana would bring this back.

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

On my skin, it smells a lot like Very Valentino for men. Creamy, woody-tobacco combo, a bit sweet and spicy, with a hint of a warm smoke feeling and lavender making it a bit powdery and less heavy. Pure sophistication in a bottle.

BLACKHORSE1966
BLACKHORSE1966

Excelente fragancia, una lastima que este descontinuado.
Cuando la compre y la use causaba admiración tanto en hombres como en mujeres.
si alguien tiene una sin usar, que este a la venta favor de contactarme.
fesparzamonroy@hotmail.com

Saludos.

b360
b360

got my hands on some of this finally after all these years.....really a soft almost creamy kind of scent that is so nice.....hard to find but try a whiff its a wonder.....i believe van cleef & arpels midnite in paris is close to this.....or else rykiel homme with the lasting notes

FRAGRANCEZ
FRAGRANCEZ

Such a gorgeous scent but sadly discontinued, WHY??? fortunately i managed to get a big bottle 75 %full for incredible price $30.

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

I love.

thenightflyer
thenightflyer

A very distinguished scent. I was aghast that this house was capable of producing something like this.
It's lavender set adrift on a sea of milk, dusted with light spices, bound into leather set into woods with curlicues of tobacco.
Any man who applies this is likely to be mistaken for some Mediterranean sex god-such is it's effect. Needless to say my male friends won't wear it near me.
I Just wish I had a bit more foresight back then and bought all of the available stock-It's getting hard to find now. Such is life...

tomerits
tomerits

mhouda,
if you are looking for a substitute of the great "BY" dolce & gabbana for man, this is it,"Tom of Finland" Etat Libre d`Orange.

mhouda
mhouda

does anyone know what kind of fragrance for men this is similar too? i have been trying to find out what is the closest fragrance to "BY" and cannot find something similar !!!

eric.cius
eric.cius

I first bought this in 1998 and wore it all the time. It is the scent I wore when me and my wife first met. She absolutely looooves this, as almost all females do. It's baby making juice. It was a beautiful, unique fragrance back then and now that it's dscontinued it's even more unique. Head and shoulders above most of the dross that's released now. I was fortunate to find 2 50ml gift sets for less than $150.
Now I can't keep my wife off me, I have to use it sparingly because I can't afford a 4th kid lol
11/10 all around.

CDGfan
CDGfan

It is nice but nothing great tbh, I tested this out yesterday and I strongly feel its very over hyped.
Its a minty lavender mixed with a woody leather base. None the less it is still much better than what you do get from current releases.

hamednoohi
hamednoohi

i have all these colognes in my collection and most of them are amazing but then there is this one , if u know what i mean .... i use it maybe 2 or 3 times a year. do not wanna run out of it

Space Invader

Buy/Try/Pass? Try
Rating (0-10): 8

"V"
"V"

Duraturo intenso forte avvolgente ma non fastidioso. Veramente bello!
Solo una domanda per Domenico e Stefano:
"Perché avete interrotto questa meraviglia?"
Conservo gelosamente quello che resta nella mia personale collezione.

chuffer
chuffer

Such an incredible scent. I was devastated when I heard this was discontinued. I managed to find an unopened,genuine bottle at a street market in New York a few years ago but it's all gone now. I still keep the empty bottle to sniff occasionally. I swear I had several people actually approach me in shops and bars etc to ask me what it was. So sad it's gone

sylasjsn
sylasjsn

I bought in 2004. but I didn't like so much. the parfun stay om my closet for a long time. 2 years ago, I decided to back to use, and I love so much. recently I discovery that was discontinued. I have the men version and my bride has the female. they both are perfect. since the I use only in a special ocasion. so sexy, specially the version for women !.. it's sorry to be discontinued...

joecubjr
joecubjr

Spicebomb has some of the same notes that BY by dolce & gabana had. Love it but its not BY. I really wish they wouldn't have discontinued it.

PipeDreams#1
PipeDreams#1

Simply the BEST! I have been on a seemingly never ending search to find a scent that will replace BY. I have one spray left in a bottle that I keep hidden and on occassion I open the cap and take in this intoxicating scent. On me it's a prefect combination of powdery leather. This is the only scent I've worn that always elicits compliments from strangers and friends alike. When worn, you'll find that people hug you just a little tighter to get near this smell. Makes me so sad to think it's been discontinued. Wish Dolce & Gabbana would bring this back.

gavingrieves
gavingrieves

i love this scent but cant get it anywhere. any way my girlfriend bought some next perfumes in a gift box and there was a perfume called next cashmere i swear its identical to this, i pinched it off her, check it out save a fortune

DON TONY SALERMO
DON TONY SALERMO

AFTER EVERY LONG DAY THERES NOTHING BETTER THAN TO COME HOME TO A BEAUTIFULL WOMEN THAT WANTS EVERY CENTERMETER OF YOU WITH PASION AN DESIRE SEXUALLY BUT TO GET THAT PERFECT RESULT DG MEN ITS THAT RARE COLOGNE SOFT BUT POWERFULL LIKE PURE PERFUME OIL WITH HINTS OF TOBACCO AN LAVENDER AN AN WARM WOODS ITS JUST RARE AN WOMEN CRAVE IT LIKE DOPE FEANS,,

Hellenic
Hellenic

It is refined, high quality and very different! It is strong, but has a light and fresh scent in the first moments that I loved. It is kind of warm too, like Opium pour homme and Christopher Dicas.Too bad that discontinued...

stuartbr
stuartbr

That's the best word to define this perfume, and it's kind of weird, since it's very casual.I absolutely adore this fragrance . It is one of my signature scents. Very comfy and smooth and just down right awesome!

Cocinelle
Cocinelle

Very nice and very sensual.

A must try for leather and tobacco lovers.
The sandalwood gives a sultry, dark and mysterious layer that persist while the amber brings sophistication.
Pepper notes are a playful twist and the cleanness of lavender, which is the only floral note, suggest that subtle feeling of a dry cleaned shirt.

Powerful, chic and outstanding, will leave a trail.

bonarelli
bonarelli

the 48hr beast..truly amazing.

williamvargas
williamvargas

picked up a small sample from the perfumed court just because i was curious..wow, it is a very nice scent , i can see why people love this one..but what a pricy devil to find.almost regret it..lol.. but had to try it. worth a sniff.very nice frag.
I would wear this one if I could find some at a reasonable price. have tried bidding on it before, but it got out of hand. one of these days I will stumble across this. I did find a 10 mil size atomizer that d&G put out it was legit , was pricy almost 50.00 but I really wanted it ... I do wear it sparingly but it does smell very nice. lots of compliments the day I really sampled it out.
my wife really liked it quite a bit. my son wears the one and he told me he thought this was a superior scent.

thalia.demakes
thalia.demakes

i am a woman who typically prefers to wear energizing/refreshing citrus notes. but also LOVE this scent...save it for when i'm feeling fiesty!!

oxm
oxm

This fragrance is simply monstrous, combining class and elegance at the same time, he is so hot spicy something even solemn; spices and woods alternate in a play of light and shadows are incredible, and that leads me to think of something like a magical wood and vibrating like a boomerang that thrives on freedom, but always returns to accompany us, life is very high (in my case even eight hours) in winter is at its best and I think in my humble opinion is the best perfume for man of Dolce and Gabbana, the One can be called his younger brother, but this is more mature and manly, strong as a redwood National Park.
powerful

First, BEWARE OF FAKES!

Apparently, there is quite a "cottage industry" in faking this one. I would not buy a 100 ml bottle, and the other thing is that the inside of the cap should be white plastic (I've seen fakes with a black or dark charcoal color instead). Make sure there is a return policy, and if you don't know what it's supposed to smell like, I would also suggest you get a sample first, or just don't buy it.

My review: This is what a great designer fragrance is all about, and it's not something niche companies seem to be able to accomplish. No, you may not like it, but there is a great achievement here. While there aren't many notes, they are blended just right. You can tell what the notes are but they lose their individuality to the whole here, so it's difficult to call this an amber or woody fragrance even though those two elements are clearly present. There's also a walnut note, which I have yet to experience in the many fragrances I've sampled over the last five years (when I got involved in this "hobby"), creating a unique quality. For reasons that I don't understand (not being a perfumer), some fragrances smell great but are "blobs" and become irritating quickly (such as Lapidus Pour Homme of the 80s). Yet somehow this fragrance doesn't have that quality, and since it's strong, can be enjoyed for many hours. Unless prices become totally crazy, I think this one is worth the prices I've seen it sell for, at least relative to department store prices for designer fragrances as well as niche prices (often for a 50 ml bottle). If you can't detect what makes it special, just save your money and buy less expensive ones that you enjoy. Perhaps one day you will, though again that doesn't mean you must like it and buy a bottle at any price. And for those who want to see it sold again, I have a question for you: how are they going to recreate the excellent sandalwood here?

UPDATE: Wore it today and it impresses me now as more of a blended scent but certainly no "blob." In fact, it has a dry, sparkling, tingly quality that is very pleasant yet very rare. Apparently, the ingredient quality needs to be quite good to attain this goal. For those who ask for a substitute, if you like the dry, tingly wood aspect of it, you can try Equus by Lalique. The notes are certainly a bit different, but the effect has some similarities so it really depends upon what you're seeking. Don't expect a scent like By Men to come around again any time soon.

unique1975
unique1975

Does anyone know where can I find the authentic one?
because two bottles that I have received are fake...

P.S I don't think that christopher dicas is similar to this fragrance...maybe it has the same base...I think avon's intrigue was approached to this smell!!!

igor_bt_mk
igor_bt_mk

Can someone write here some e-mail of Dolce&Gabbana because I want to start e-mailing and I hope to bring back this THE BEST FRAGARANCE EVER....come on...please write...someone must know an e-mail to D&G....

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

There is a website now selling the 3.4 at a ridiculously low price. Unfortunately, the bottle that I and a friend received, were fakes. Buy at your own risk. Happily, I recently purchased a 95% full legit bottle on ebay for $90, so the real ones are still out there. You will just have to sift through a lot of bonks to get one real one.

swebigmac
swebigmac

This is by far one of the best aftershaves out there. From personal experience: the women loves it. It's not for business and every day use - but for the nightclubs. Enjoy

markusmaguire
markusmaguire

The best hands down!!! 25 stars out of 10!

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

el mejor aroma q lamentablemente desaparecio para siempre.

seand7373

Just finished what little I had left. So long my friend, you will be missed.

fragking
fragking

this it my wedding day scent its the best D&G scent by far

Ivica
Ivica

By is my favourite perfume ever. It was my signature scent making a perfect chemistry with my skin... Unfortulately, D&G decided to stop the sales. Since that time, I have been looking for my new personal scent, but nothing compares to "By" by D&G. It would be so nice to relaunch it again!

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore...
The raven at my door is the symbiotic embodiment of D&G.
Why does D&G tease me so? To have an infamous classic ripped from existence at the dispair of the borderline gen x/yer, to have missed out on what is fed to me as a must-have, forever knowing it cannot be

Base of leather woods tobacco,
Body of floral pepper combo,
Memoirs for slightly elder,
All of this,
and nothing more

JohnMc

Finally managed to track down an original 3.4oz bottle! I was minded to indulge in a niche fragrance that I've had my eye on, but seeing that Ebay unusually had a bottle for sale (typical when I look there isn't one, when I'm not looking one appears). I'm very happy now, just a bot scared to use too much of it!

Rudy Arnak
Rudy Arnak

I ve been keeping my 50 ml bottle for the last 10 years. I only use it in very special events. It´s always a success...

palear
palear

For me,the best perfume ever made!Please produce it again!

JohnMc

I first discovered this fragrance (like many others) via my older Brother 11 years ago. I was intrigued as to what it would look like as I found the bottle to be incredibly garrish and brash. I found to my delight that the fragrance contained within was anything but. This is by far my favourite fragrance to date. I am not and never have been a 'one fragrance' type of guy. I often deliberately leave some of my fragrances for months only to re-discover them at a later date, but this is the one fragrance I would have above all others. I just recently paid the equivalent of $20 US for a 4ml sample as I have tried in vain to get a new bottle with no luck since it was criminally (in my view) discontinued by D&G. Most reviews I've read seem to indicate that those who like this fragrance REALLY like it - me too!

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

By Dolce&Gabanna is very shy on my skin. The notes are all well blended.
As soon as I spray the fragrance I can feel the lavander with nutmeg evolving to a tobacco and leathery base, leaving a soft powdery trail. I just wish it could stay a little longer and have a stronger presence.

martin_nemo
martin_nemo

I received my By D&G 3.4 oz a couple of days ago. I was expecting something extraordinary and very unique. But after wearing it for two days I don't understand all this agiotage related to this fragrance. I agree, it is nice, beautifully blended lavender, tobacco, nutmeg and leather notes, but nothing very special. I am glad I have this article in my perfume collection, but it is extremely overpriced nowadays on ebay. Come on guys, do not buy it blind, unless it is in 50-70$ range. For a higher price it is reasonable to get some nice niche stuff.

cnrzcn
cnrzcn

It's perfect! I have a bottle of this but afraid to use since they don't sell it anymore.. Is there anything could be done to bring this back??

jtappenden
jtappenden

Notes of tobacco & mint create a very masculine fragrance.

Barney Stinson
Barney Stinson

Kristiansand New York is the best alternative to D&G By! Check some reviews on basenotes.net/ID26131563.html

rapphle
rapphle

Can anyone please write down similar fragrances since this is discontinued?

I was a big fan of it!

ANYONE KNOWS BETTER "SEX IN THE BOTTLE" SCENT THAN "BY"?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW ! ! !

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

This is my favorite d & g fragrance of all time! I hate that they discountinued this scent! It is ndeed a classic & still popular! It is a smell you dont really come across because alot of people dont wear it! Its very distinctive. You will truly turn heads on this! This is in my top 3 frags! Hard to get, but if you can its a beauty! Altho considering the type of scent it is, I would not suggest someone spend over $100 of this on a blind buy! This is thee only frag I gave a rating of 10/10!!

I happened to stumble randomly across this fragrance in my local department store. While it has indeed been discontinued, this particular store is still selling it.

This fragrance, that I luckily had the opportunity to test, is quite amazing and unique. Perhaps it is its unique nature that caused this fragrance a lack of sales.

By for Men is a combination of herbaceousness, pepper and nuts. The scent itself is rather bold, a big commander of presence.

I found this perfume to be both sexy and soothing, particularly with the lavender note. In all honesty, I wore this fragrance on two occasions, and I concluded that this fragrance could be unisex.

The tobacco and sandalwood in the drydown, ends By for Men with a deliciously rich smokiness which I really enjoyed. Every time I think of this fragrance's beauty it makes me quite angry to think that in the near future, this fragrance will be a distant memory.

The longevity was very good and the sillage quite strong. The bottle design was also a hit with me. It's such a shame that Dolce & Gabbana didn't think this fragrance was worthy of remaining in their collection for the long-term. By for Men is refreshingly modern, and I feel that it deserves more praise than more recent releases like The One for Men and the Anthology series.

seand7373

Bring this back !!!! What were you guys thinking discontinuing this

guest_IGI
guest_IGI

The best perfume ever made for men! I think that the D&G must produce this perfume again!

i really like this scent, ia very unique, sexual, yeah, SEXUAL, smell like a sweat after a really hard sex.. is the best, and sexiest fragrance that i have ever smelt.......

Kimmy2009
Kimmy2009

This is one of the absolute best male fragrances I have ever smelt. Bought it for my father who loved it a lot, in fact my whole family did. It is such a pity its discontinued I still ask in stores if they have any.

Ouch!
Ouch!

It's such a shame this scent has been discontinued and I'm so glad I have some left. I'm scared to use it though. This scent is in my top 5 mens scents EVER. It's beautifully unique. It smells a tiny bit like Star Anise to me, it has an element of it but it's also very spicy. I adore it and wish D&G would relese it again. It sell on ebay for £100 or more which is ridiculous!! This is a really good one for evening and nights out and lasts a really long time.

jorjick
jorjick

good,sexy, like everything from dolce gabbana!

gutobega
gutobega

Discontinued? So sadly....
It's a beutiful fragrance, exotic, unique....

VanAllan
VanAllan

I waited long time to have & try it and finally I bought a sample from Holland (Hi, Linda!). The opening notes were a little disappointment because the lavender seems too much and covers the other spicy notes (I can detect only some sweet nutmeg) and for that reason you could easily classify this as unisex or even women fragrance. I decided to let it blend on my skin and after 1/2 hour, the pepper rise from it took the stage along with flowery notes, the combination becoming more wearable (reminds me of Moschino-Uomo, but with more lavender in it). The dry down after about two hours bring a sweet woody lingering aroma, with noticeable hints of leather, sandalwood and tobacco (somehow similar to D&G PH, even as longevity). It's ok for the 20 yr crowd but definitely not for me. My rank 7/10. ☣☣☣

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Very masculine, exotic, mysterious scent with a subtle sweetness from sandalwood. The scent stays with you all day long. I had strangers (both male & female) complimenting and asking the name of the cologne...
Too bad it's been discontinued!

jeca
jeca

Very light, very sexy and modern scent ;o)

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

Upon first applying I found this very unpleasant. After drydown it REALLY improved. It turned into a very sexy yet contemporary scent. It is VERY UNIQUE- to me a little too eccentric. If you are looking for an unusual fragrance- I would recommend this. It's a little too new wave & unusual for my tastes. I don't think I would repurchase. I picture this scent on someone in those rave clubs where someone is in a cage suspended in mid air dancing.

By by Dolce&Gabbana 4.48 out of 5 based on 245 ratings and 85 user reviews

The One Gentlemen Cologne by Dolce Gabbana, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
The One Gentlemen Cologne by Dolce Gabbana, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
DOLCE GABBANA for MEN by Dolce Gabbana EDT SPRAY 1.3 OZ UNBOXED
DOLCE GABBANA for MEN by Dolce Gabbana EDT SPRAY 1.3 OZ UNBOXED
Le Bateleur 1 Cologne by Dolce Gabbana, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unboxed for Men
Le Bateleur 1 Cologne by Dolce Gabbana, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Le Fou 21 Cologne by Dolce Gabbana, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette spray Tester for Men
DOLCE GABBANA for MEN by Dolce Gabbana EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
DOLCE GABBANA for MEN by Dolce Gabbana EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
Dolce Gabbana Cologne by Dolce Gabbana, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Dolce Gabbana Cologne by Dolce Gabbana, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
The One Gentlemen Cologne by Dolce Gabbana, 1.6 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
The One Cologne by Dolce Gabbana, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
The One Gentlemen Cologne by Dolce Gabbana - 3.4 oz After Shave
The One Gentlemen Cologne by Dolce Gabbana - 3.4 oz After Shave
Light Blue by Dolce Gabbana for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 2.5 oz
Light Blue by Dolce Gabbana for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 2.5 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana By fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana By, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify By by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of By by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.