Designers » D E » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

D&G Dolce&Gabbana for men
dislike

I have it: 1076 I had it: 944 I want it: 410 My signature: 23

D&G Dolce&Gabbana for men Videos
D&G Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures D&G Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures D&G Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures D&G Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures D&G Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures D&G Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures

D&G is a classic scent, relaxing and slightly herbal, but very masculine. It starts off with refreshing and energizing citrus notes of bergamot, tangerine, orange, and lemon leaves. Its aromatic heart combines the sharpness and freshness of lavender, naturalness of sage with intense and powerful notes of cardamom reinforced by pepper in all its boldness. Its warm base includes cedar, tonka bean, sandalwood and musk. D&G was launched in 1994.

Lavender Tarragon Clary Sage Bergamot Lemon Mandarin Orange Orange Neroli

Portfolio Green for Men

D&G Fragrance Reviews

dianacreole
dianacreole

I LOVE this one and have for YEARS so much that i've purchased it in the past just to have a deep inhale from time to time. It's that damn sexy! I have yet to smell a cologne that is similar to it. I don't think I would classify it as a 90s smell, although it might have been the 1Million of the 90s. To me, this is straight up masculine and sexy. I wish more men would wear it.

silentman26
silentman26

This is a fun perfume to wear. With a big dose of lavender, lots of warm tobacco and a sense of leather in a great combination. This warm, spicy, woody scent reminds me of DK's unleaded. And i think is the best lavender based scent i've tried. Overall this 1994 edition of D&G Homme is a must have.

nemesis76
nemesis76

"Out of my way here comes your daddy"...that is what Dolce & Gabbana for men is saying when I wear it. Wow if this cologne does not grab your girls attention I do not know what will. Strong and bold this cologne is the enforcer in my gang of colognes.

Musk and spice have never been blended perfectly like this since D&G came out. Its an amazing example of what a pure masculine scent is meant to be. Heavy and relentless, D&G has excellent longevity about 8 hours on me and the sillage is ridiculous I mean you can smell this in a fish market and say damn I can still smell it. Maybe a little too overwhelming for some noses it packs a punch.

D&G is a classic scent and hopefully the younger generation does not get discouraged to wear it fearing they might smell like thier father. What else can I say even with the new formula its still an excellent fragrance.

9 out of 10

lightspeed388

Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme. Well, I had the reformulated fragrance about two years ago, and absolutely loved it. I needed to get myself a new bottle, but never really got around to buying it because I have so many different fragrances and it was not really top of my list. Well, that was until I found an old pre-reformulated bottle on ebay, It was used, about 95% full and with the old sticker on the bottle. I could not believe my luck, and I got the bottle for $39.00 including shipping, that's a 4.2oz 125ml bottle as well, CRAZY!!! Well that's enough of that story, sorry about that.

I just want to give my opinion on the differences between the two, and there are differences!!

The original is a little richer with that herbal feel, and has much more of that tobacco note. The tobacco note is much more prominent, and plays really well with the Lavender, Cinnamon, Tarragon and Geranium. I also get a strong Cardamom note, but it is not listed in the notes. After about one hour, the fragrance becomes a beautiful Tobacco and Lavender scent, with a little Cinnamon and Pepper. After a few hours the Tonka Bean and Sandalwood give a sweet creaminess to the fragrance.

The fragrance then takes on a soft, powdery and slightly tobacco scent, which is very, very beautiful at this stage. I really love this scent, well done D&G. But why on earth did you have to go and change this fragrance???

I give this fragrance 9/10, I love this stuff!!!

yourfriendmarito
yourfriendmarito

I strated using this when it was lauched.I wore it until 2012. I was not sure that something happened to the perfume since my last 2-3 bottles (boght around 2010) reminded me of gasoline (like when you are filling your car tank). It is when I read on this site that I realized that they have changed it. The change is not really apparent to my nose and most persons would not notice it.

I made a side by side test and the difference is not that drastic.

It is funny when I read about how masculine this perfume is. When it was launched, it was clearly an androgynous perfume mostly worn by gays. I recalled wearing the legendary BY (sadly discontinued) and DG Pour Homme was way better. This perfume remebers me my youth.

It is still possible to buy the silver label here in montreal, I have a 75 ml, but there are 125ml available. I am still unsure if I should buy another 125 ml, just to make sure... Perhaps I will regret it.

Tomromanos
Tomromanos

My grandfather just gifted me a slightly used 125ml bottle of original formulation (italian) and i'm slowly falling in love with it.
The lavender is quite prominent but is laced with spice that makes it very elegant and masculine.
Very nice fragrance!

toto453
toto453

I don't like so much the top and middle note....but the base notes are....incredible !!!
Despitely that makes me not wear this fragrance due to top and middle notes...

assuom
assuom

There is something so nice about this one.
I'm unable to decribe it accurately. The bergamot is very present in there as it is the main smell I can remember of this fragrance.
Just give it a try and make your own impression.

EauDeBaldy
EauDeBaldy

Currently wearing this one for the next few weeks...

It's soft, classy and familiar.

I think you can wear this in any weather really, but I put familiar in one of the descriptions simply because it's a smell you will know and like but nothing unique and nothing to get a "Oooo what is that" type of reaction.

I think it's in the line of something like 1 Million, l'homme, and those types...not that they are similar but they have that softness classiness to them. They are nice and something to have but nothing to go crazy for and " have to get "

smellavision
smellavision

Brilliant! I have the vintage edition with silver label - a sweet soapy/powdery floral lavender explosion, which turns slightly peppery after some time. Cannot seem to detect the Tobacco notes though? Great longevity and good projection. This must be the smell that has gotten me the most compliments, from men as well as women.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

A definite classic. Being a smoker this blends perfectly. Super masculine tobacco and citrus drydown that lasts forever. The reformulation is a disaster as it sits close to the skin but vintage is wonderful.

neilvizuett

Damn! I had already written about this beautiful fragrance, but I had to do it again, since I wore this today after several months. It reminded me how much I love it! Definitely my all time favorite!!

It is the fragrance that truly exudes elegance! I can´t describe it with words, you gotta try it! It´s really an original fragrance and it´s again, really, really elegant and sexy!!!

Gazo30
Gazo30

I have just managed to bag myself a 125ml bottle of this Made In Italy Version!! i will give a review on this when i have taken delivery!!

I Feel Lucky!! :)

J.Gilmore
J.Gilmore

Does anyone know where u can purchase the original version???

craniumbash
craniumbash

On the lookout for more of this made in Italy version. I've been travelling to shops in different cities to look for rare/discontinued gems and the first one I ask for is this. This is how much I love this fragrance. I wish I had at least 4 bottles of it so I could use this as my signature scent. Aaaanndd if there isn't any more of this left I just might try the made in Germany version but never the UK version which is utterly horrendous sharp detergent lemon.

curtmaster

Love this Vintage version as compared to the Newer one. It's a shame how they left this version to make a watered down one such as what you have now. I would not even bother to waste my money on the new one. I have have two bottles of the Vintage (Italy) one.

class
class

I don't like this one- it smells exactly like a little child's pure pink bubblegum.

neilvizuett

Simple: In my experience (and I´ve smelled many fragrances and I´ve asked many people to smell and tell me their opinions on fragrances) some people like some fragrances, some people don´t. BUT it´s not the case with this Dolce and Gabanna. E.v.e.r.y s.i.n.g.l.e person I´ve asked to smell it, has rolled their eyes or closed them and say it smells soooo delicioussss!!! This fragrance is a pleasure giver!! p.s. the reformulation is not even close to the original.

colognefan85
colognefan85

Opening: Strong scent of lavender and hints of citrus. Very powerful and projecting on the opening spray. The lavender is natural and soothing. With the citrus mix it does smell a tad bit soapy.

Drydown: The lavender becomes mellow and maintains in the base with a sweet tobacco and cardamom. The tobacco takes over with slight hints of amber as it runs thru its cycle in the day. At the very end of its dry down I can detect a faint rose note that's mild and refreshing as its dead on to a smell of a rose.

Projection: VERY HIGH A single spray can fill a room

Longevity: Lasts all day 8 to 10 hours

Overall: This is based on the "Made in Italy Version"
It's unique and draws in compliments. Great stuff!

Purchase: YES if you can find the Italian version buy it!

Niaou Gav-Gav
Niaou Gav-Gav

Clean and fresh! Unique and classy! Masculine and dreamy! This one gives extra points of charm to every man that wears it :)

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

-Sighs- I hope the testimonies I've read so far are untrue. I haven't smelled this gorgeous male fragrance since its release and it seems it has been reformulated. What a pity.

I recall this fragrance as being one of the untypical male scents. Polo, Azzaro pour Homme, Drakkar Noir, Gucci pour Homme, Anteus, Quorum, and Kouros to name a few, were the basic standards for what we expected a manly scent to be. Then Egoiste Platinum appeared, along with the likes of Joop and such, as well as this D&G pour Homme. What a delightful and exciting time it was to experience the fragrance world break down barriers and become unbridled!

D&G pour Homme was elegance with a sliver of debauchery and generous amount of sensuality. Its the kind of fragrance I could just spray on a sweater or velvet pillow and bury my face in it believing it could lull me into playful (and perhaps even a little kinky) dreams.

It was soothing and enveloping at first, fresh and comforting like a river's gentle caress...then, once in its aura...it begins to warm up into those notes that emerge and slowly take possession of those desires to be swept away. Naughty sandalwood, naughty tonka bean and musk...I know you now!

But, oh...what a pleasure it has been. What a pleasure to have matured since then and yet, still remember you fondly. D&G have done this world a huge disservice if they have indeed, reformulated this fragrance. But, who knows? Maybe the reason for that is due to our own neglect for this world as well and making those precious ingredients lose their potency and/or availability? I don't know, but what I do know is that this fragrance was in a word...sublime.

unmonotiti
unmonotiti

This is one of those fragrances that should have never been reformulated. It was rich, lasted for a really long time and you could fill a room with one spray. Original formula FTW!

LeBart
LeBart

One of the classics that every perfume lover has to experience at least once in his life.

nielK nivlaC
nielK nivlaC

Not much to say after what's already been said. This is a masterpiece that deserves to be in a "Fragrance Hall of Fame". As much as this was played out when it first came out with a lot of people wearing it, it still never got old & takes on a different scent on different people. One of the few spicier scents I like, or love for that matter. D&G The One can't compete with this... not even close.

Jason Harrison
Jason Harrison

Very very nice. Mum loved me wearing this when I was a wee lad ;)

protosv
protosv

After experiencing a sample of D&G only to have it last 3 hours in total, I was thrilled to find out that I had been wearing the reformulated version of the fragrance (made in UK version), and that the vintage formulation was much richer with great longevity. After obtaining, at considerable cost, a bottle of the original italian formulation, I have to say it's really true. This stuff has unbelievable logenvity, with a richer more complex lavender, sage, tarragon and tobacco leaf. I don't have a very trained nose so I can't piece apart all of the notes, but I can say that this scent has a calming, sophisticated presence, and can be worn in virtually any weather, for any occasion, but is more appropriate for people 30 years and older. Definitely not a "party" or "club" scent.

Longevity on my skin is about 8 hours, which is great considering that I have very dry skin and scents do not last generally last long on me, you may have even better results. It projects moderately/strongly for the first 2-3 hours, but will not suffocate those around you as it's not a heavy or cloying scent. It has about 1-foot projection through hours 3-6, and then skin scent for the final 2 hours. Overall, I can completely see why this one has attained legendary status, and it's truly a shame that the reformulation has taken away such a large part of what made this scent great in the first place.

Having said all that, I just want to add as an aside that the imitation scent of this from Hayward Enterprises is almost 100% identical. Normally Hayward's scents are hit or miss (some are huge misses), but this one is easily the best imitation I've ever seen, of any fragrance. I sprayed the italian D&G on one arm and rolled the Hayward oil on the other, and they are literally 99% similar. I'd recommend obtaining this oil if you're looking for that original D&G magic, but can't find or afford a bottle of the vintage juice.

GMK
GMK

Although I dont wear this these days rather , its been years i havnt smelled it but I do remember the time , the part of my life associated with it , what an invigorating scent , especially the heart and base notes with lingering tobacco 'musk and lavender besides soothing cinnamon , it was prevailing everywhere.

perfect scent for the first date , charismatic masculine.

Lali_7
Lali_7

I really like this scent. It smells nothing like a typical man's cologne. It's more gentle to the senses; soft and kind of creamy and clean, but not soapy! There is definitely something masculine about it as well, but I could wear it myself...

edge42
edge42

This is a COMPLIMENT-MAGNET that lasts a very long time with enormous projection, but be easy on the trigger as this can easily be overpowering. With that said, D&G Pour Homme is also highly recommended by almost every cosmetics counter girl I've spoken with for what it's worth. Amazing, incredible, and sexy are the words they most often used to describe it.

Definitely a classic but never feels dated, and easily versatile enough to be a killer signature scent. Check it out, you'll probably be impressed. If not, I'm sure there's a few cosmetics counter girls out there that will be!

petranfx

i dont find the right event t to wear this

Giorgio.ldn
Giorgio.ldn

Wow...what can I say about this amazing perfume, which was my first one as well!
It's a must have for all...a Legend, an all times classic.
I would recommend it for ladies as well.

I give a 10/10.

manzoor86
manzoor86

light refreshing scent for summers,
the one i got stays no longer on my skin,
it smells like brazillian green tea with few drops of lemon in it,
happy one!!!

dolcethadon

A lot of the reviews below are not talking about the actual fragrance we have listed above.. You guys are talking about the reformualtions which have there own page.. This is about the original Dolce & Gabbana made in Italy formula..

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

A pleasant, safe, unadventurous fougere, with bright citrus and herbal notes up top, and a woody-spicy finish that gets very smooth and simplifies with time. I'm certainly not intrigued by this fragrance, and I doubt I'd ever wear it, but there's nothing wrong with it. They're still selling it at department stores for a lot of money. Frankly I think this is one that should have gone the way of Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur - it should only cost around $12 a bottle, not $50. For the money, you get a much better deal with the current version of Cardin. This review is for the original formula.

ninofranzjosef.alonso
ninofranzjosef.alonso

any seasons! spring,summer,winter,fall,night,daytime ^_^

rate 9/10

longevity: 8 to 10+ hrs..

hogan00
hogan00

the notes in this one really don't fit together.
it smells very musky and earthy. when i smell this, it almost makes my nose cramped and sour.

i expected more.

hadrian
hadrian

If you can imagine the smell of a solar explosion, than that's it: D&G Pour Homme!
The first and still the best perfume of D&G.
In its classic form - bottle with a sticker -, that juice is an eternal symbol in the culture of masculinity. Intense and tender, clear and audacious. You'll need time (i.e. age) to fully understand it.
Another 9+/10 liquid miracle.

bizz1001
bizz1001

Wearing it makes me feel like a 18th century sailor that just sailed around the world on a schooner..And now I am just leaving port and going home..It's just something in it that smells like adventure and then again it unmistakably makes it feel like home..

petranfx

I think tha i have the reformulation because in the back write made in germany.Its the new one better or the original? I smelt the original and ithink its more sweeter.

its write germany

@petranfx: Read the label and see where it was made. You probably have one made in Germany or the UK. I haven't tried the latter and the former didn't have the depth of the original one made in Italy (and was a touch "synthetic" as well). If anyone is interested in my German one, it's up for swap (2+ ounces), USA only.

petranfx

i have the bottle with the dolce and gabbana logo in the class ihavent the bottle with the sticker.Its my bottle the vintage juice or its the reformulated ?

koala501
koala501

If you have only tried the bottles on the shelves in department stores today you cannot appreciate this fragrance. The vintage is bold with a glorious opening of balanced citrus and it develops a masculine tobacco. One of the 'greats' IMO. Today it is weak and frail-nothing like its former self. If you can get a vintage bottle- GET IT!!!!

cyber.raga
cyber.raga

I think this one is for the autumn season. I like it but it's a little bit more intense than it should've been. I can say that it's kind of a citrus/spice bomb. My requirement would be that you should wear it on rainy autumn days.

sharmap14
sharmap14

perfect frag for a rainy day or dry winters

antolica
antolica

my first perfume..one of the legendary perfumes in my opinion..

pjd1234
pjd1234

The verdict is on I just felt very very heart broken as I m doing this review I have now have both the original made in Italy version which took me in difficulty to get I got a 4.2ounce of the original that I just received with a price and the reformulation made in UK by procter in gamble as I can honestly say now is crap compared to the original. The reformulation as I describe it the shadow or an interpretation of the original which I can say is diluted less sophisticated less class the reform is more citrusy still has the tobacco but faint still follows the same DNA as the original but is missing something SOPHISTICATION AND CLASS because it has less notes longevity is about 5-7 hrs if your lucky projection medium but it easily becomes a skin scent less potent than the original less quality of the original. The original at first spray and my first impression was astonishing at first spray all the natural smelling imean no alcohol smell of citruses then the sweet tobacco smell blending with all the notes were perfectly balanced making this manly citrus tobacco smell just perfect. I WAS IN TEARS cause of frustration and disspointment on why i mean why did D&G change or reformulate this timeless classic scent and to the fact that this is the only d&g fragrance that really stands out are they going on guccis direction?. The original is full bottle worthy indeed i am very very proud to have tested and owned a brandnew original D&G POUR HOMME the hype is granted indeed the scouting and for i had paid for it is deserving this will be definitely in my wardrobe fragrance museum with my YSL M7, GUCCI POUR HOMME 1 as for D&G YOU SUCK HOW DARE YOU REFORMULATE A TIMELESS CLASSIC to fool people thinking they getting thesame juice but not shameful not even close if you want to reformulate atleast do it better than the original if not dont even bother as a fragrance enthuist its very dissapointing as for me i will definitely shy way from this brand from now on unless something really mind blowing comes up which i truly doubt THE ORIGINAL IS NO DOUBT A TIMELESS MASTERPIECE and its a shame that few will truly enjoy it in the near future.
my rate of the original
longevity 7-9 hours on my skin preety solid 8/10
sillage not a monster but solid and strong for about 5 hours the settles down still noticable on contact 8/10
uniqueness 10/10 truly unique indeed i really love this scent
overall smell no brainer here 10/10 from top to buttom timeless.
price vs quality i will rate this at its original retail price at around 80usd 10/10 totally worth owning.

my rate of reformulation uk made procter and gamble
longevity 5-7 hours on the third hour or so mostly skin scent this i tested on 3 heavy sprays. 6/10
sillage not a moster ill rate this moderate still projects but not a long time 6/10
uniqueness 8/10 i still find it invigorating when i first smelled it but when i sniff the original my goodness the original blew me away.
overall smell 7/10 ill still give it a decent 7/10 it is still good though just not that sophisticated i feel that it was missing that punch that the original has.
price vs quality 7/10 its not totally worth it anymore in my opinion but go online for 50-60 usd you can find 125ml of the reformulation.

my final verdict it is really such a shame that in the near future a lot of people wont experience the original D&G pour homme as most the once that are available now are the uk made reforms which is just a shadow of its former self :(

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

I like to think I have a bit of a knack for matching the men in my life to their signature scents. It's an art and a game for me to try to capture their personalities that way.

I gave this one to my brother, who I lovingly refer to as, "the love of my life", because I really do adore everything about him. He's a manly man, and has impeccable vintage style, he's the spitting image of our dad, who looked a bit like Elvis (from the 50's); he's an artsy/creative type architect who also plays the sax in a band with a cult following! The minute I smelled D&G, I knew it was his scent. It's clean and manly and stylish and artsy and SEXY!! My brother says that whenever he wears it to one of his his shows, there is a trail of beautiful "pinup" type women that follow him around!! My boyfriend says it attracts latina women in droves!! All I know is that it makes me weak in the knees, especially when it's lightly sprayed on the neck. THIS ONE IS TO DIE FOR!!!!!!

dolcethadon

This is the one that started it all for me! Dolce & Gabbana is the first fragrance that got me into my obsession with fragrances! I was about 14 years old and the only things I was use to smelling were Aqua Di Gio and the god awful Axe that I could not get away from no matter how hard I tried.. My mother happened to have a bottle of this around the house.. When I first sprayed this it smelled so amazing and unique to me and I was hooked! It is truly a masterpiece! The beautiful citruses and lavender in the top blend with the spicy middle notes and the sweet musky tobacco base! It all mixes together so nice and makes an amazing sexy masculine concoction! It smells like a sexy mysterious Mediterranean man.. It smells very Italian and I love that! I went through that bottle like water and I wanted more! I went to my local Macys to buy another bottle when I noticed that the bottles they had did not look the same and did not smell the same.. They were no longer made in Italy but in Germany.. It still smelled nice, but it couldn't compare to the original! The original is much spicier and it has this beautiful sweet tobacco note from the beginning to the end, which I cannot get enough of! This will always be one of my favorite fragrances and I will keep coming back to it forever and ever!

yacoco
yacoco

Nothing like this one just perfect lovely dreamy sexy fresh mature modern all in this

bonanza1
bonanza1

I just got a tester of the orginal with Italy on the bottom of the bottle, I can not wait to give it a wearing.. But I guess a quick wearing if this one is hard to find again once its gone.

Update: Well I thought its time to updagte my initial thoughts of this piece of gold. I bought the current version made in Germany to compare it to my Italy version. Their is a difference a huge one at that, the vintage is dark, strong and fills the air. The newer version is lighter of course due to reformulations and all, good but a lot lighter but still a great scent but I dont see it ever being cloying like the vintage might be. So I save the vintage for special times and wear the new one anytime. So I guess D&G has the potential after all.

Bcard3170
Bcard3170

This is one of my favorite scents of all time. I blindly bought this online about 7 years ago. I instantly fell in love with it. Unfortunately, when I was younger, I did not store my cologne properly and this one expired with in 3 years, pretty sad day. I keep meaning to buy it again, but new fragrances come out all the time and I want to try them.

Bbjr
Bbjr

I wrote this about an hour ago on the D&G Pour homme, wrong stuff. It's D&G for men that it was meant for. Anyway, I'm in Ulta today and all they have is a tester but I notice the tester has a label on the bottle and I look at the bottom and BAM! Made in Italy! Original stuff. They wouldn't let me buy the 1/2 full tester, damn. So I spray some on my arm, that was 10 hours ago and it still smells absolutely wonderful. When I got home I sprayed some of the UK crap and that was 4 hours ago and I only detect a slight scent and its nothing like the original. How dare they ruin the best mens scent ever!

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

Para mi la mejor colonia para hombres de dolce gabbana, un perfume elegante y suave muy varonil y limpio de forma distingida, es un elixir olfativo q siertamente me recuerda a un javon exclusivo q alguna ves oli, es un olor q se queda contigo y te suma sex apel y limpiesa, clase y distinción, lejos mi favorita de esta casa de moda, aunque tambien me gusta mucho one gentleman.

Jay88
Jay88

I'm lucky to own this version. The new one I have sampled recently is by no means bad, just doesn't have the 'wow' factor the original does.

This is a masculine citrus and pepper scent that makes me think of spring in the Mediterranean.

Modern classic. Projects nicely. The tobacco and pepper notes dirty the fragrance enough to make it more interesting than the average summer time fresh citrus.

Age 20 and up scent in my opinion.

mercuryman73
mercuryman73

This is one of my all-time FAVORITE colognes. It works very well with my body chemistry and I feel manly and sexy when I wear it. I think that on me it smells powdery (but it a good way), with a musky quality. I love wearing it at night when I go out, or during the day when I get dressed up for professional purposes. I'm a very clean-cut guy and I think this fragrance (due to its very sensual quality) is a great complement to a razor-sharp image.

victoruvinsky
victoruvinsky

Tobaco !)

max gavarry creation

evgenia80
evgenia80

I haven't smelled it for ages but I still remember how great it was. My brother used to have this back in 90s. I am not good at describing notes but I just remember how pleasant it was. I think it is a beautiful scent and I would definitely like this on my bf.It is a classic

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

I go weak at the knees when I smell this concoction of pure manliness. Its warm, its hot, spicy and sophisticated. I've really grown out of 1 million by paco rabanne which was my favourite scent on a man, however a boy who wore that perfume broke my heart, and so I assume every dude who wears it is either a heartbreaker, or someone who just likes wearing it to pull chicks at a club. Lol

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

This cologne brings back memories of my college days and receiving numerous compliments from women while out at the club. IMO this cologne stands alone as one of the BEST, and while it is complex, it is also versatile and can be worn anytime of the day or season. It can be worn casually with jeans and tee shirt or in a tuxedo. This cologne is worth every penny you will pay. Even though I haven't worn this in years, I will never forget its distinct enticing citrus-lavender-woodsy-floral aroma. This cologne will forever stand among my top five most complimented fragrances.

samer007
samer007

i got to know this beauty when i was in greece in 97, and ever since it's on top of my male fragrance list. it just oozes mediterranean, sun, summer, greece, italy... a superb tobacco/aromatic/citrus complexity.
i purchased it last year unaware of it's reformulation, and wondered why it doesnt smell the same; the "mmm" factor is gone and now it's a cold shadow of the original. when will they ever stop ruining their own fragrances??? opium, jicky and many more have gone to the chopping board and now this. im giving away my new D&G bottle and hunting for the original. 'nough said!
5 stars.

semsem_sunshine
semsem_sunshine

OMG how I love this scent, this is the only cologne that I'm ready to use, my brother used to wear it a couple of years ago and when he finished his bottle I was so upset even more than him
It's very very sexy , the man I imagine wearing this perfume is such an attractive athletic handsome man

Mreman07
Mreman07

This stuff is great! FYI, if anybody absolutely wants the vintage, the Perfumania by my house has 4 gift sets in stock of the old juice. I wouldn't mind picking it up and shipping out of state

Kevin_tuan_91

It's so strong that only 1 spray can make you headache ! Be careful that ! Don't overdose !! Very long lasting !! For me , it works over 12 hrs if spray on clothes .

moftahyounis
moftahyounis

The vintage is the best work scent a man can wear

Jun0711
Jun0711

This cologne is very versatile. This is suitable suit & casual wear. Everyone can use this cologne, every seasons.

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Never got to smell original version. New version smells really nice and is a very pleasing scent. Very broad, could be worn by most men under most circumstances. Very fresh, light, crispness to it. A little overpriced though really for what it is.

Mercurial Muzz
Mercurial Muzz

The original D&G that had the label on the bottle, and was made in Italy is a classic. Brilliant. The new version produced in Germany, under the guise as the 'same' D&G is hugely disappointing - too light and insipid for me. If you want a classic with a bit of weight, seek out the Italian produced version. Hopefully there are still some bottles of it available.

curtmaster

OHH MANN!! Let me just say that what D&G are doing to people by putting out this crappy new formulation is an injustice. The new formulation in which I tried today for the first time smells like watered down nonsense and doesn't even really smell like anything much on top of that. The old formulation smells great and nothing like this garbage that is out now. Its truly a shame to see people change formulas only to put out inferior ones such as this. The old formula at times in my opinion smells a little like 1 million.

denhendricks
denhendricks

Just replaced my original D&G with the reformulated it still smells good but the fragrance is now a sweeter flowery smell and less masculine from the original scent. The projection and longevity are still above average. A good smell but less potent and not as clean smelling as the original. Wish they would leave good things alone everything seems to be heading metrosexual.

Smell Original=9.2
Smell reformulated=7.5
Longevity Original=9.5
Longevity reformulated=8
Projection Original=9
Projection reformulated=8

Mick5781

Does the new formulation is made in UK then ? or still in germany?

PeterWJ
PeterWJ

From the very first moment I smelled this one back when it was released, I knew there was something big going on. I couldn't decide whether I wanted to join the club or not. I was drawn to it, the atmosphere around it. It worked on me like a pheromone. Exuded lots of sex and dense glamour. Could easily picture myself and a woman adorned with large stones and heavy metal, arm in arm at a party, both oozing from D&G PH.

My artillery, at the time, was sweet, soggy and animalic. Sometimes with a spicy / herbal vibe, like YSL Jazz. This, on the other hand, was a blast of sweet florals and nectar. A step ahead, but in a completely different direction. And quite honestly, however intrigued I was by it, it had me gagging now and then. These gagging sensations eventually darkened my associations to the prospective allied. And boy, was I lucky not to have bonded with this one back then.

As alluring as some of the notes are, just as poorly are others blended into the soup. The statement is enormous and WILL evoke something in you, be it positive or negative. I am in love with some of its words, but not with the language.

If you in any way feel like I did, intrigued but repulsed at the same time by the heavy sweet florals, check out Sisley's Eau d'Ikar that plays with some of the same balls, just better.

3starmagnum
3starmagnum

I have half of a bottle left of the original formation. PM me if interested in a swap.

Dschlitz
Dschlitz

In hindsight, 3-4 years ago, when I bought my last bottle of this, I should have stocked up and bought 5 bottles.

You will be missed.

Ovrnightr
Ovrnightr

I feel like I'm missing out on something; I want to love this fragrance given its timelessness and the rave-reviews it receives. I cannot bring myself to deeply enjoy this fragrance. It's over-the-top citrusy and too warm for my liking. I own a bottle, but I won't wear this out. It just doesn't do it for me, and I want it to :(

None of this is to say it doesn't deserve the accolades it receives. Surely there is a magic to it that many have recognized. It saddens me that I cannot share in this magic. I'll give it another try one of these days.

RickS1169
RickS1169

A definite must have. But it has to be the made in Italy one, or at the very least made in Germany. The newest formulation is nowhere near the vintage juice.

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

Gentlemen, if you don't have this yet, I think it's a must. I love how it smells so masculine without EVER being overpowering. It's very warm & spicy, like a man is a cashmere sweater, makes ladies want to snuggle.

ryal
ryal

This was one of my first ones, right when I started to get into fragrances. It was the first one I actually bought myself.
It was amazing! I can't say anything about the new version, but mine was made in Italy, just like the one in the picture and it was... kinda oily. Different from every other fragrance I own now. I don't know how to put it, but the juice was indeed kinda oily and the sticker/tag at the front came off because of the liquid that leaked when I sprayed it. And the smell stayed on for DAYS. My clothes smelled good until I washed them...
In fact I kept the empty bottle and the box, because I liked it so much. It has a citrusy vibe, but don't be fooled - this thing is deep and interesting. Or at least it used to be. From what I can remember, you could smell a little bit of lavender mixed with the citrus and a spicy tobacco after a while. It was classy. Really good stuff.

KeithScar
KeithScar

D&G Pour Homme is an instat classic fragrance. Opens up with a nice herbal spice vibe and dries down to a woody floral. Nice pick and can be used anytime day or night it will get noticed. A must have in any collection and light blue

ericrico

You know that something has been dramatically reformulated when the Original formulation (pictured) reminds people of another scent, Oumini, nearly as much as it reminds them of the reformulated bottle, which has its own page here on Fragrantica. Sad...pathetic, even, that people even have to say it reminds them of the reformulation at all (let alone, 2nd to another fragrance).

Do the marketing people at D&G, and Dolce & Gabbana themselves, read this - and actually, care?

I had hope for the latest reformulation - that has totally faded...

wutanga13x
wutanga13x

awesome cologne, its very masculine, very long lasting and get a lot of attention. if you didnt like it at first, give it time to mature! works well with my body chemistry and smell really good after a couple hours. want to leave a scent on a ladies bed for her to remember you? this cologne is your answer. 10/10

PS i have the 90s formula so maybe the new formula wont last as long... bummer

@kuba this is the pour homme...

kuba
kuba

gave it a try but it wasnt appealing.too tobacco and very dark.mhmh.
peaple are confusing this one with the Dolce&gabbana Pour Homme which is very nice indeed

Mick5781

Does anyone know if D&g have ever released a Non Velvet Box of this ? i saw one , vintage bottle but with non velvet on it, it is fake?

limited Edition
limited Edition

D&G was a powerhouse of 90s with the original formulation..the sillage and longevity were on par with Joop but without smelling like bubblegum..recently smelt the re formulated version ,and as with all good things,they come to an end..4/10

gd15329
gd15329

IF YOU ARE A MAN OF HIGH POSITION IN A GOOD "MAFIA" WAY... THIS ONE IS FOR YOU.

Very strong masculine and pleasant scent. I like it very very much! But for some reason after 5-6hours it gives me a headache (some times even sooner - i don't know why) other than that it's a classic 10!

Longevity / Sillage: Strong
My Total Score: 8/10

Migalex
Migalex

What I thnik of this one is not very different from what I think about Egoiste platinum, although the scents are obviously different. I find this type of scent totally deprived of character. I cannot distinguish most of the notes listed above, even though I am very familiar with the scent of many of them. It they are real, it seems that they have been mingled up in a monolythic scent which, to me, might frankly be composed by not more than two or three molecules. It smells to me like a grey patch, from which all colour vitality has been removed. That is an achievement.

mrfume
mrfume

Truly a classic, for me the notes play around with each and is a staple in my collection , the reformulation is a tad bit weak compared to the original as many reviewers have felt so but heck i love it anyways will always be there in my collection cant wait to test the new fine tuned version of this juice

Jokes apart this lasts for more than a day on me its great

7*/10*

markushhamann
markushhamann

I bought the reformulated version recently. While is smells nice, it does seem to be lacking in "power" compared with the 90s version. I might wear it now and again, but it isn't quite the same.

a 7/10 whereas the former concoction was a 10/10

djaniars
djaniars

So sad with this new formula.. The orinal scent was unique!
Since the reformulation is terrible (nonexistent longevity, and completely different smell), which other perfume do you guys recommend?

I'm completely lost in the search for a scent that is not a "everybody has" like Carolina Herrera, and for a longevity just as awesome as the one we had in the original D&G..!

Can anybody help me?

kida2010
kida2010

Thick, heavy, tobacco, vanilla, pepper, green, herbal and woody.
Beautiful. Totally reminds me of the 90's i wore it for years.
Great in the winter or a scorching summer if you wanna amp it up. To me its pretty much linear, im sure it changes a tad but you pretty much get what you smell from the start. Its a bit of a powerhouse frag people will easily smell it on you.
For the record the reformulation (which theyre now trying to make look even more similar) doesnt really smell that exciting it misses the true heart of the scent and delivers almost a weaker less exciting version. Dont get them confused!

Lola Montes18
Lola Montes18

This is a fav of mine. Reminds me of Paris' Bleu Nimitz.

mse-21
mse-21

A great classic! The opening is dominated by stimulating citrus notes and it dries down to a fabulous aromatic fougere composition in which Citrus and Tobacco accords are the main players and get support from Lavender.

Young, Masculine, and Sexy style of this one stands out among classic mainstream scents of my collection. Its definitely a timeless, ageless and all year round scent!

Moderate longevity with good Projection. Overall: 8 out of 10.

tobbe.sjodin
tobbe.sjodin

I would NEVER buy the new reformulation! Bad longevity and not the same ingrediends, why would I buy this?

haronushka
haronushka

I am very disapointed about this frag. after reading al the positive comments. it smell not good

Detroitcolognereview

YIKES!!! lemon-citrus-lemon-citrus... This does not smell the way i remember it...

i'll pass

Anatolian_Swarthy

why do some perfume firms change their classic-elegant fragrance? D.Cool water is created in 1988,but it still same,didnt change it..1988 and 2012 ,and D&G ? nooooOOOOOO, pfff... :(

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

BRING BACK THE OG VINTAGE LABEL JUICE!! i remember when i first smelled this on a guy years ago..the silage was crazy but not in a bad way..i had to ask him what he was wearing.. i bought it that same evening...my first love at the time went nuts ; ) ..very masculine..elegant..sexyy..semi sweet..it reminds me of ysl l'homme but stronger. ..i loved that juice.. this new formula with all the lemon in it STINKS!.. doesn't compare to the original.. : (

Anatolian_Swarthy

i got D&G pour homme ,but its bottle shape is different than first verison and the scent is heavy and annoying my nose..but i remember that i tried first bottle version 1998 or 1999 and i feel wonderful fragrance and say "what's that scent? " but now i cant say it,b.coz new bottle version bad,and i gave 146 turkish lira(equal 80 dollars). Export perfumes are expensive in Turkey :(

emmanuel.santana
emmanuel.santana

After many months of searching I've finally got my hands on the original Italian formulation. I must say what big difference there compared to the German formulation. I think the quality is so much better. The smell is so much more rich. If you can get your on the Italian formulation do it. Totally worth it.

j-shades
j-shades

if yall like this cologne check out xchange pleasures by karen low.. its so good you can get it on ebay for 19.99 free shipping

masterat0r
masterat0r

Unbelievable fact but you better believe it!
I bought this in the spring of 2003 (april) when I was in Germany. Could you believe I still have half of the bottle and that it still smells marvelous?
Good things never die!

orestes
orestes

Unfortunately this marvellous male fragrance discontinued,replaced with a bad copy german refolmulation,the death of a historical fragrance.....

DOLCE&GABBANA Pour Homme.

What a beautiful masculine fragrance. Some might say the top is a little harsh, and it is a little with all that pepper, pepper, pepper. But I really like the top, It's fresh with the citrus, lavender, lemon leaves and pepper. Then comes the heart, which is so soft and creamy, that lavender mashing with the sandalwood making it soft. Then you have it made creamy with the Tonka bean and tiny glimpses of the tobacco and amber. What an absolutely wonderful fragrance, one that I will always own.

fresh_scents
fresh_scents

I'm on my way to a discount retailer today to pick up the vintage formula. I will appreciate, once again, how the classic formula pleases my senses and my wallet. If a fragrance gratifies me and goes well with my own chemistry, whether new, old, mainstream or niche, it will become part of my rotation.

Update: It was gone!!! However, I'm still looking and will eventually find the vintage juice. Apparently I have underestimated the number of fragrance heads out here that favor this particular classic.

I tried this in 2009 and thought it was awful. Now I'm thinking it was the reformulated version because I just got a decant of the original and it's really good. The only "issue" is that it's a bit simple for what generally makes me think that I must buy a full bottle. The tobacco note is present early and lasts for hours. At first citrus is obvious but over time an herbal/tonka accord is most prominent, "brightened" up a bit with spice. For me, Black Walnut may have this spot in my rotation covered, but I'll have to wear both at least one more time before I decide.

camposg
camposg

If god had to pick one, this is it.

frogman
frogman

Absolutely brilliant! one of the best men's cologne available.

plastik
plastik

The old formulation is some powerful stuff. I wouldn't wear more than one full spray on exposed skin, or you may choke yourself and those around you out. To me it smells like lemon mixed with tobacco.

eric.del grande
eric.del grande

this one is very remarkable was my signature scent back in my early 20s its sharp nighttime scent and very sexy it takes over, but i got burnt out with it if i smell it now it transports me to all sorts of memories and places and relationships.... not for everyone though

Kevin_tuan_91

Sexy and really special for men.

peny
peny

sexy sexy sexy!!!!! one of the best!! classic fragrance for men better for night !

murysusanto
murysusanto

Sometimes I asked question to myself, why is the reformulated version of famous brands is never the same as the original? although it were supposed to be the reproduction. Such as this D&G, I liked the older version sold in 90's than the one came out now, new bottle design, new packaging. This is so much spicy now and less sweet, my nose can't go wrong. Oh please, we are missing a lot of brands from 80's and 90's, it's sad to know and true, I've sampled few namely brands and there's a missing link between now and then. So sad...

Linden
Linden

Refined, sophisticated classic. At its launch there was nothing quite like it, and interstingly enough I didn't much care for it. Now I couldn't be without it. This is a fresh clean citrus scent, just a bit soapy, mildly sweet with a soft tobacco/peppery edge.
Yes, sadly the reformulation lacks some of the depth of the original. It also seems more floral on my skin, but I still enjoy it. I found if I spray on my clothes the scent is more like I remember.

iatrogenius
iatrogenius

Timeless.

This is one of those few fragrances that will go down in history as a classic scent.

Masculine. check.
Sexy. check.
Versatile..in my opinion...check.
Luxurius..check check

Following an initial fresh burst of woody citruses (bergamot,Lemon, Lime), mild spices begin to come into play.
To the wearer, the first 30 minutes can be cloying to be honest if oversprayed (and sometimes even if mildly done)...the opening is strong, but fresh...now just you wait...

once those mid-notes arrive, D&G PH becomes a whole different ball game. A soft, opulent, tobacco leaf, sweetened with citruses, on a gorgeous sandalwood, tonka, and cedar base comes out. Now, again..the wearer may not get whiffs of this gorgeous blend...

but everyone around it is in for such a delight.
WOW.
I can't name a fragrance whose sillage/scent trail is as masculine, as sexy, and as inviting as DGPH. I really can't. It's a whole different animal and nothing like it.

9/10.

I would have given it a 10...but I think fragrances should be a treat for the wearer and those around..and this one may come off cloying to the owner.

If they somehow sold the drydown of this in a bottle, I would pay niche prices for it. Real talk.

Longevity/Sillage/Projection : 10/10
Versatility: 8/10 Fresh enough to do well in warmer periods if done lightly, and perfect for the cold.

Molko
Molko

I used it so many times but at the end I got a headache. It's very hard and strong scent. The longevity is about 24 hours:) The scent is like strong chamomile, good for winter and in cold weather, because it's very warm:)

dkny27
dkny27

Sorry guys, but I had to get this one for myself. Just a dab and the lavender smooth woody dry down is wonderful.
Ladies, if you have a chance, try a little! Just a little and you'll carry a hint of Mmmmmmmm with you all day!

Elenkina
Elenkina

I remember that gorgeous fragrance! The old one. Reminds me of middle 90s. So gutted it's discontinued!!!!! The magical man fragrance! Really loved to smell it on my man!

Slayerized

This review is for the vintage one with the sticker on the bottle (made in Italy) as well for the reformulated embossed bottle!

Amazing fragrance starting with a lemon opening and is accorded by a smooth tobacco accord, lavender and spices! Very fresh and masculine! Longevity is amazing as so is the projection! hard to dislike this fragrance which is a real compliment getter as well. Outstanding and many thumbs up!! Rated 9.5/10

Reformulation as of 2009:

The embossed bottle (reformulation, made in Germany) is less on facets compared to the vintage I am afraid! It is not rubbish but when you have smelled/wore the vintage you see that all has been done better one day! The masculine tobacco accord is almost vanished which makes this more of a uni-sex fragrance with a lemony smell. Longevity and sillage are both way less. I own both and layer them but will never buy the new version again. This version can easily be used in summer though! Rated 7/10

seashellbikini
seashellbikini

My husband has a bottle of the pre-reformulation version and I love it. Longevity is great, especially if he uses it following sandalwood shaving cream from The Art of Shaving. Initial sillage is pretty strong. He can spray a couple of spritzes on in the morning and by the time he gets home 11 hours later, it has softened down to a spicy skin scent that makes me want to nuzzle into his neck. Super sexy! The reformulation isn't nearly as nice, but if you can get ahold of the original, do so!

Kadir
Kadir

This perfume last notes remind me Versace Dreamer, at first a little bit feminine, masculine, but then gets a nice.
quite a long life, what you get than that?

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

All the way through, does it smells like a high quality soap or shampoo, based on different herbs and flowers. But there are some nuances in the dry down. Just after sprayed, it smells like an amazing mix of orange peel and licorice drops. Not soft licorice - drops! The drydown is more floral and warm, and it smells like chamomile flowers or -tea.

Gentle, comfortable and warm scent.
Could basicly be worn year round, but semi-cool weather would hit the bell perfectly for this one.

A classic 90's scent.

Asylumin
Asylumin

I've bought the newer german made one.Longevity is average, projection is also average.Smells a bit cheaper than the vintage one , but still good.

mrcontinental
mrcontinental

This finally showed up at my retailer in 125ml and I grabbed it without hesitation. As usual it is the classic scents that get the job done and this is a classic. Without a doubt this is my favorite "citrus" based fragrance. This is my only D&G fragrance also but this is a MUST have. Welcome to the family.

pob75
pob75

THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THE NEWER FORMULATION OF D&G PH. THE ONE PICTURED ABOVE IS THE OLDER FORMULATION.

Initially seems quite strong and sharp - citrus notes and a greenish freshness. Stays quite sharp but mellows a bit and develops some lavender and woody notes. The smell is pretty good.

Projects reasonably well but only for between 2 and 4 hours, after which it is close to the skin. At 7 hours it is basically a pleasant citrus skin scent with no projection and it disappears completely around 9 hours. OK longevity but poor projection.

The new formulation is just a pleasant citrus scent with less than average projection. As such I think it is over-priced for what you get - I'd happily pay the price for the older formulation but this new one doesn't seem worth it.

I love the old formulation of this - I used to use it a lot. That was stronger, more complex, had decent projection and longevity and was a great all purpose scent. The newer one is a disappointing shadow of its former self in comparison and is only an average spring/summer scent to me.

If you had the old formulation I think you will be disappointed with the new one. If you've never smelt the old one then this is OK. But only OK. Pity.

Slayerized

All is less on the new formula.
Smell is more unisex; scent has less sillage and longevity and the tobacco like smell which makes the vintage so good is almost gone. (see also my post, 4 posts below or all that has been written about this issue on Basenotes)

Mick5781

How is the Longevity on the new formula made in Germany (with D&g Printed on the bottle , not with a sticker on ità ? still as good as before ?

Charles
Charles

In mine opinion, the main player in D&G PH is lavender + cedar + sage combo, which creates absolutely the best tobacco-like note in a world. The new (made in Germany) version is less atractive and less manly (less sandalwood?) and more citrus-fresh, but good enough. D&G PH is great for frost weather. Summer time is not good for this frag.

Slayerized

This mainly all about sticker on the bottle (and silver logo on the suede package) or an embossed bottle.

The one with the sticker on the glass (made in Italy! version) is the vintage one (pre 2008/07) and the one with the good smell with tobacco etc.
The one with the signature embossed in the glass (after 2007 formulation) is the new almost lemon only frag (and is made in Germany!).

I have the new formulation already for 2 years and I liked it as a fresh lemony summer scent without noticable tobacco.
Now I got hold of the made in Italy sticker version and this is so much better!
This is not even a summer frag anymore but a full rich lemon/tobacco based fall/winter frag!

I think both versions layer perfectly and layering makes it a more versatile scent as well!! It also makes the vintage bottle last longer as you have to use less.
I am happy with both but the sticker version is way way better constructed and worth the money!

dad hash

I found the code but guys you need a microscope to see that freaking code as it is hiding in that velvet type box material...THE CODE MATCHES PERFECTLY BUT THIS MADE IN GERMANY IS BULL SHIT..

frangellan
frangellan

I have a bottle of the original italian formulation. The opening is bright and very spicy. So spicy it can be a little offputting in fact. Very lemony and citrusy as well. The drydown is great though. It retains some of the citrus and spice but turns powdery and musky as it meshes with my skin chemistry. Something about it reminds me of Italy. This is very masculine, versatile and inoffensive. This works well as an office fragrance for the spring/warmer months but can easily be worn in evenings. It definitely has an air of convervative sophistication.

xXxOZZYxXx
xXxOZZYxXx

@dad hash
It`s made in Germany now,not Italy like before,so don`t worry bout dat.And i dunno bout 75ML bottles but 125ML dosn`t have a sticker on the front.I just bought one,recently,also 125ML,no sticker on the bottle.And there is a code on the box,it`s just realy hard to see it.If you look at the bottom of the box,code should be on the top right corner.

But the thing with my D&G is,the codes doesn`t match.Got it from Cheapsmells,and i trust`em big time,so i don`t know wtf.

The only thing that points to fake in your case is realy poor longevity.

I easy get 6+ hours.

m_e110
m_e110

پیشنهاد وی ای پی من به مردها و پسرهای فشن چون زمانی که بوی این عطر به شامتون میرسه تاداعی کننده ی سوپر فشیون هستش بسیار شیک و دلفریب و سکسی حتما خوشتون میاد از این عطر

dad hash

jibran.akram i tried to find the code on Box but can not see no where, there is a ref.no.on the back...... and a computer graphic code and a number code which is 737052074450 is on the bottom...there is no 4 digit code on my box....but there is on the bottle 1147...and i get the longevity may be an hour...what the hell...though i bought fucking expensive...plus i donot have a steaker infront of my bottle but in writing...

dad hash

My bottle has a code on it but on the Box there isnt, how can i figure out it is real or fake? I am not very satisfied with the longevity, it is made in Germany and i bought it from Douglas fr about 23500huf which is almost 85 euros....indeed 125 ml....can some one tell?

bobosan336
bobosan336

lfmars98 - you must mean the box? There is definitly no note breakdown on the bottle itself.

Check the official Dolce and Gabanna website - tobacco is clearly listed as a note in the base.

I find this to be big miss as the tobacco note is the most prominent note in this fragrance.

ericrico

I give the reformulation I have (Made in Germany) a solid 7/10 - good. This fragrance (in some formulation or another) has been a Top 10 in my wardrobe since it was released in the 1990's. Luckily, I still have 50ml left of that big 125ml bottle. But, the true beauty of this classic goes back to when I first knew it in the mid-90's - the Original Formulation (Made in Italy)! An absolute staple in my collection and a scent that always gets compliments...!

Update: Just received a "Vintage" Italian bottle - which is authentic and superb! Sealed, NIB with cellophane, blue velvet with silver block logo box. Will open and give update. What I am finding is a lot of reformulation from Germany with the blue cap and imprinted bottle - it's everywhere and growing on me. Good, solid juice. Not original vintage quality, though, and there is the rich tobacco note missing (essential for those who know it)...now it is more of a light oriental tonka bean-tinged, light wood and musk finish (tobacco is actually not listed as a note on an authentic tester I bought). At least they are honest. Still very good and will be in my rotation still after all these years. This is a "feel-good" scent for me...I smile when I wear it! I like to layer Current and Vintage formulations with the After Shave balm, which helps increase depth and longevity - sensational! D&G Pour Homme in current formulation is still a very good fragrance, in my opinion. Not a screechy or lemon-cleaner, nostril-burning scent to me - actually quite warm and decent longevity (around 4-5+ hours). But, true "Vintage" is clearly superior and worth seeking out for those who know it. If you are new to this fragrance, buy the current formulation "Made in Germany" and see if you like that first - otherwise, you will be investing in a scent that you may not like. This is a modern classic and not for everyone.

***UPDATE*** - Interestingly enough, I found that layering the current with the vintage is a great way to go (especially in warm weather) - both efficient (conserve the precious Vintage juice) and makes the scent truly more fresh and for day & night. You get more top citrus notes this way, the deep, spicy and peppery middle notes with gorgeous lavender, clary sage and cardamom (all playing very key roles in the structure) are present and then the drydown incorporates the great tobacco accord (leaf & flower) with the musk all in harmony with tonka bean, sandalwood and cedar, with a touch of iris. You should apply less of the rare Vintage fragrance when layering with the current formulation (fantastic and ultra-rich for the first 4 hours or so and the you are left with the base notes of the Vintage predominately). A simple rule I use - 2:1 ratio. Typically 5-6 shots of current formulation with 2-3 Vintage. Slayerized and I have both pointed this out - for those that love D&G Pour Homme, it is something you have to try.

A timeless scent that will always, always be dear to me. Unconditional love in a bottle.

Original formulation - near perfection.

Cheers!

dad hash

Bought this today from Douglas 125ml for about 85euros quite expensive but ok for me !!! i used this old man in my past and never liked it that much but since i smelled it day before yesterday on my friend i was amazed and decided to go back in the past to try again and i must say it is crazy stuff....now in past 14 days i bought 6 new perfumes and planing to buy last for winters but CAN NOT FIND IT T M Pure Malt, can any one tell me where can i buy that in Hungary???

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I bought this one to give as a Christmas gift to a friend but after smelling it was love at first sniff. Will love to buy it for my husband his birthday is coming up next month. It smells really good unique and captivating!

K LUE
K LUE

I have been wearing this since I was 19 and now I am 30 and it is still one of my top three colognes. I never received many compliments from this cologne, but this was simply something that I personally love. It is very distinctive and the overall quality is one of the best in my opinion. This is something that I would wear on any occasion.

biggerm82
biggerm82

I've found that "creamy" describes the fragrances that I like. Oddly, I find this one has it. Yes, it's powerful, it's a citric acid bomb at first. But, when it cools down, I get a creamy lotion. Almost like a suntan lotion of sorts. I've heard people get a "playdoh" smell out of this one. I don't, but I see where they are coming from. To me, this is the citrus/summer fragrance that was made for the winter. I think the key to this one, is to go light on the trigger. If you notice, the sprayer doesn't spray a lot at a time. I would consider this as D&G, doing us a favor.

Longevity = 10+ hours
Projection = 10/10 (BEASTLY!)

Marcel
Marcel

Just bought it and I love it! I didn't know this perfume until today. I think it's marvelous, very happy, very fruity and at the same time has just enough elegance to avoid being too simple or generic. I think you could wear it any time of the year and in almost any situation. It just smells right to me. Very glad I tried it.

Keddy
Keddy

Safe for the office/school, good to wear in the night clubs, got lots of compliments from the ladies. Has pretty good silage, unsure about the projection but it has good longevity which may vary on different persons though. The scent is a sophisticated citrus smell. I recommend this and youngsters around 17+ can pull this off and its alright to wear on the summer too, just go easy on the trigger.

cyber861
cyber861

خیلی ها از این خوششون میاد.ولی به نظرم بویه پودره بچه میده که جالب نیست آدم اینقدر پول بده و بویه پودره بچه بده.نهایت میره پودرو میخره .ارزونتر هم هست.
ولی موندگاری و پخشش خیلی خوبه.من خودم دوستش ندارم.

MrMookie
MrMookie

Woohoo! I loved this one!!its a head turner.. back in 1999 when i worked at a shop.. A good looking couple came in and i had a nice conversation with them and after a few minutes talking and noticing their smells i was really attracted to the scent he was wearing! it was warm and cozy, strong and balanced spicy but in a suble way...it was autumn and the air heater was blowing his scents into my nose...
After we ended up talking i asked them which scent he was wearing because i loved it! after guessing and and decribing the bottle they both didnt know the name of it! and me neither...
So i was a dissapointed in a way i never would know what the name was of this magnificent scent...
After an hour the couple came back!! with a monster sample with hand written on it : D&G pour homme!
I purchased it the next day and it became my signature scent for the next yrs to come.
K1 described it as Givenchy PI's little brother? damn this makes me curious to PI!

darrshanjvoraa
darrshanjvoraa

from

after reading so many good reviews and going thru you tube reviews tried tis and found out that tis is really good , u will hav to wait for its dry down amazing and beautiful. great classic frm d and g.

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

Initially fresh and rather warm, green notes, fragrance turns powdery sweet. Longevity is very good (7h+). Something resembles me of fennel and lavander is noticeable too besides a hint of spice. It belongs to a classic, not-too-much conservative and safe perfumes range. Should be less floral but still a good one for me.

bp
bp

This D&G is amazing.
It is certainly one of my favorite perfumes.
Everyone asks what perfume is when you feel someone who uses it.
The longevity and projection are excellent.
As always, the perfume D&G does not disappoint.
It is a great brand with excellent quality products, innovative, modern, and above all with heavenly perfumes. What more can you want from a brand?
This is 100% male.

Congratulations D&G, continue, the world needs designers like you.

Dean1955
Dean1955

I bought this for the first time in London i 98 and when i went back to Norway the girls went crazy and i was allways asked what kind of perfume i was using.
Then after some years i had a break and was using other perfumes but last year i bought this again and its a killer on me. Young girls ask me what i am using so i think i can say that i have found the perfect perfume for me.

Have to say i only use this for evenings and going out - in the day time i change between Le Male and Versace Man Eau Fraiche.

For those who has not tested this you should really give it a go - i know what smells good on me does not nessearly smell good on you but if this perfume is for you get ready for a LOT of compliments!!!!!!

rockindave
rockindave

I love this; I have a small bottle of this I bought in about 2001. It is a great winter fragrance and lasts all day and then into the night, well into the night.. its very sharp, lots of crisp "green" notes, great projection and sillage.

On a shopping trip to David Jones in the city last weekend a friend and I tried some fragrances including this one; all I can say is it has become something totally different. Not that its bad, and my shopping pal rather liked it [he's an Acqua di Gio guy], but it seems to have a very generic scent to it where nothing especially stands out. Very curious.

RobAtSGH
RobAtSGH

The floral and citrus notes disappear quickly from this one on me, leaving the spicy bits, the sandalwood, the tonka, the amber & musk. From there, it's very linear, and that's sort of a problem. For the first hour or two, it's nice, mildly exotic, woody & spicy. Then, it just starts to wear on me - it doesn't change, it doesn't fade; lots of longevity + linearity equals "Let me wash this off before I go insane." As it wears on me, it just gets increasingly screechy and synthetic. But for the couple of hours before then, it's a comfortable, attractive scent. Wear it out to a dinner date, provided you're going to shower when you get back to the apartment.

Them Bones
Them Bones

Love it...is sexy,young,sweet...wow!

ItsJson
ItsJson

This is a nice cologne for when the sun goes down...I find it mature and sophisticated.

Nicole79
Nicole79

D&G...i just love it!
The favorite fragrance of my hubby... his signature !
When we first met he was wearing this perfume and i actually complimented him for it !

ohh yes...This is a fragrance that brings compliments !
It has a great sillage, great lasting power, a classic scent with a touch of modern , never outdated, sweet, warm , cousy,clean,elegant , very sexy , smokey...
I adore the dry down - sweet tabacco-
It suites all ocasions, best worn in fall-winter .
Very well done , a must try if not a must have !

jtis30
jtis30

Like others (ogmios,soleroc, & mushroomfat) have stated it smells synthetic (with the new reformulation) the 1st 20 minutes or so , nothing special to me IMHO. I Wouldn't buy but might wear.

jcastano
jcastano

Truly a Classic!!! It's a lady killer for sure!!! One of my all time favorite scents!!! Nothing I've ever smelled comes close to this and it's definitely a must have in any collection. What I enjoyed most about this fragrance was the fact that it bares similarities to that of Carolina Herrera for Men (also one of my all time favs) however, there are obvious differences.

The top notes are very citrusy but in a very pleasant way. The mandarin and orange sweeten the lemon just right and though the lemon comes off a bit synthetic, it's nothing that's too unbearable. I feel that they all complement each other quite nicely. I find the middle notes to be a bit heavier than anything else. You definitely get the pepper and if you over apply this scent, you might end up hating it. The lavender is very subtle behind the pepper, which I guess is good because it does not blend the two extremes so you actually only smell one lingering behind the other as opposed to both being in your face. As the basenotes kick in, the tobacco is something that you will definitely smell! It's a gorgeous addition to the fragrance overall! This is the part that reminds me of Carolina Herrera For Men but not because they smell similar but rather because the spices, such as the tobacco and pepper, are used perfectly and are not overbearing. What you end up with is a sweetened lemon, with hints of tobacco and pepper over a woody base. How much more gorgeous can this get?!?! The scent life is amazing as well. I get at least 10+ hours every time.

The only complaint I have is the fact that if you are going to be active while wearing this cologne, it somewhat smells like Chrome, at least on me it does. Definitely a versatile scent but not for an active day, at least not for me. Oh and a little advice for you guys out there that feel the need to spray a cologne at least 10 times, 3-4 sprays with this one and you're gold. The scent projects very well so do not be too generous with the trigger.

natefifield
natefifield

A sharp, clear headed scent. The citrus notes keep it awake and kicking, while the pepper gives it some muscle.

It's a youthful, a bit arrogant, dominant, clearly delineated.

I would never wear it. It lacks warmth, subtlety. It's too pure, too clean, and too aggressive.

soleroc
soleroc

I have to agree with those that say this fragrance and its formula have changed. There is definitely something different and it does NOT smell the same at all. I can tell that they (D&G) TRIED to get it to where it used to be, however they did not succeed. It is also obvious that cheaper ingredients are used in this new formulation and then covered/masked with pepper. Waaaay too much pepper. WTF D&G??!! This kind of shit pisses me off! This WAS a signature fragrance of mine, and now it is just a super synthetic mash of garbage. Those of you that DO like the way this smells, it is obvious that you never owned or tested the stickered bottle (sorry if that came off "snob-like" - NO snobbery intended). It's just sad, man; really, really sad.

P.S. - I have been waiting 4 and a half years to get this again (wife wont let me have doubles >_< ) to only be let down.

P.P.S. - Also if you haven't noticed, the juice is a different color than it was (new one is darker amber).

Mick5781

ogmios u have tried a fake one for sure , this Fragrance Longevity is really good , more than 7 hours easily , and i have a really dry skin.

ogmios
ogmios

This perfume stinks, luckily it doesn't stink very long... 15 minutes and you don't smell anything at all anymore. I don't know why people rate this perfume so high. Try before you buy.

mehrdad
mehrdad

یکی از کارهای مورد علاقه ام
این کار از دلچی گابانا در بین مردان وقتی لانچ شد جای خود را باز نموده و طرفداران زیادی پیدا نمود
بوی لیمو و گرمی و حرارات لاواندر یا همان اسطوخودوس از همان لحضه اول به مشام میرسد ادکلنی است که دوست داشته ام همیشه آنرا داشته باشم اما متاسفانه روی پوست من زیاد ماندگاری ندارد
کلاسیک
مردانه
جذاب
آرامبخش و به نوعی آروماتیک بخاطر وجود لیمو و لاواندر
گرم و تلخ بخاطر وجود دارچین
شرقی و ادویه ای با وجود فلفل و مشک و سدر و عنبر و صندل
و کمی از رایحه گلها همچون گل یاس رازقی
در کل ادکلنی بسیار شیک و جذاب برای همه مردان محسوب میشود
رایحه اش اگر زیاد در یک روز مصرف شود برای بعضی به خاطر وجود لیمو و نارنج که اثر هوشیار کننده و ضد خواب دارد ممکن است مقداری به شقیقه ها فشار آورد بنابراین هر گاه که نیاز به هوشیاری بیشتر در جلسات کاری و رسمی داشتید میتوانید اول از همه از
Armani Eau Pour Homme Giorgio Armani for men
و بعد هم از این کار دلچی گابانا استفاده نمایید
یادتان باشد در جلسات بیزینسی و مهم از عطری که دارای رایحه سیب است استفاده ننمایید چون باعث خواب آلودگی و به نوعی سکون و آرامش میشود
و برای آرامش اعصاب و راحتی خیال و تمدد فکر بهترین رایحه اسطوخودوس و یا همان لاواندر است که قدیمی ها بدون آنکه آنرا در لابراتوار های امروزی تست کرده باشند از روغن آن برای همین موارد که گفته شد استفاده نموده به روی بینی و یا بالش خود میمالیدند و هنوز هم عده ای دیده ام که این کار را میکنند و شرکتهای بزرگ عطر سازی به نوعی از تجربیات نیکان ما در فرایند عطر سازی دارند بهره میگیرند
با تقدیم احترام
مهرداد

Wildcard
Wildcard

Use this one in the fall and winter. It says confidence!!! Smells great stays with you all day, but easy on the trigger less is more with this fantastic scent.

madhatter1
madhatter1

Now this is a gentleman's scent, very nice, classy...You also dont need a whole lot on because it can be overpowering. Husband loves it, the bottle didnt last long. I agree to with the others it can be pricey!

Aromaticus
Aromaticus

Use esta fragancia cuando salio al mercado ¿en los 80? no se bien, y me gustó muchisimo.
Volví a usarla muchooos años despues y ya no me gustó tanto, la encontraba vulgar.
El otro día la vi muy, muy barata en una perfumería y volví a comprarla, la he estado usando unos días, y lo que son las cosas, o el paso de los años, ya no me gusta nada, es un pelín insufrible.
Demasiado dulce, para mi nariz tiene un fondo como anisado, parecía que llevaba puesto "Marie Brizard".
Ahora la llamaría Dolce&Macarra.

leecher88
leecher88

a classical elegant also fresh perfume !
very nice you should put it on pullovers and blazers
best way to wear!!
Age to wear: 18+
similar to YSL L`homme

babybash44
babybash44

Classy and mature, more of a middle-aged smell. I love this fragrance, but at 14 years old I honestly can't say I could pull this off. It smells like your favorite uncle, who loves rum. This cologne is a classic and sweeter than you'd think, and it has great projection and overall quality.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

It is a highly over rated fragrance to me, it is green, it is common it is ordinary. nothing commendable about this fragrance sadly. it starts with fresh citrusy notes later on bitter/aromatic notes come into action with green notes in the background then slowly develops into very soft grassy notes with weak projection but have got nice longevity. Box is nice with velvety touch, bottle is rather simple.
I give it 6.5 out of 10.

Dunmore
Dunmore

Very generic; the immediate second I sniffed it I got the picture of a black suit. Sweet and a lot of tonka. :(

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Harsh tonka bean turns me right off. The citrus is evident and spice is subtle, floral almost not there, so in my opinion this scent is too harsh, another Pi.
The drydown is a little fresher.
I really didn't think I'd like this scent anyway, but Australia's cache is limited, and it might be the only D&G I hadnt tried, so i thought I'd just try it anyway, and I was still surprised how much I didn't like it.

yanoe
yanoe

It's reminds me of Butterfly By Avon.. especially the Flowery notes, not bad at all but it's little bit feminine for a male fragrance

Pianopolice

This is awesome. Perfet for special occasions. I don't use it as my everyday cologne because I don't want to get use to it, I don't want to ruin all the excitement that I get from this scent, another reason is that not every occasions is deserved for this cologne.
I get a detergent smell from it, but that's one of many notes that I get from it. Even with detergent smell it is still one of the bests.

spirit966
spirit966

I 'get' why people like this. It starts fresh and strong, and dries down to a sweet tonka/tobacco concoction which suggests class. Projection and longevity is also very good.

But I don't like this fragrance. Although it does suggest class I find the ingredients in this very harsh, almost industrial even. The lemon is too sour, the lavender is too much, the tobacco note smells cheap. For a fresh scent this smells slightly dated...

Versace's The Dreamer which also shares a tobacco note starts off harsh (not industrial though) and dries down sweet, comforting and mellow. The Dreamer is rustic, yet romantic at the same time.

Pour Homme just doesn't suit my taste, and the fact that my ex-boss (whom I despise) wears this, it really does't help either.

Detroitcolognereview

Not gonna lie… I like this one. The problem is that its so damn easy for strangers to guess what you are wearing that it loses by way of allure as far as I am concerned. The cologne is nice. Really it is the only thing that I don’t like is that its nothing subliminal about it. Would I wear it? In a few years maybe. As for now…nah. I respect it but don’t really want it.

Pianopolice

این عطر قابلیت پراکندگی بالایی دارد ولی با این وجود اگر به مقدار کم مصرف شود حتی در روز های گرم هم می توان از آن استفاده کرد و آزار دهنده نخواهد بود. نمی توان کتمان کرد که بویی بسیار شبیه به رایحه های دتارجانت(مایع لباسشویی) را دارد اما با این وجود بوی فوق العاده ای دارد و منحصر به فرد است. جزو عطر های تاپ من شخصا به شمار می آید.

catador de perfumes
catador de perfumes

I think that D&G Pour homme is a classic fragance, but lately i have noticed that in new bottles the smell it´s less powdery, like if the formulation has changed. Has anyone noticed that?

lilou
lilou

I love D&G men perfumes : always a good choice for my husband. This one is simple, not too elegant, not too strong, but very masculine and attractive. I'm sure every young men could wear it. On my husband skin, by the end of the day, it smells like Le Male - JP Gaultier and I like this. For day wearing.

elegantpasha
elegantpasha

This one is a classic, i love it, i used this fragance back in highschool, and the girls LOVED IT

knightlore
knightlore

It's a fragrance you will not forget, any one walking into a room wearing this... Other people will know what it is!

pria_wangi
pria_wangi

I get the sample last month. First, I love the blue-black box that applied with velvet. It's so luxurious and elegant.
When I spray to my skin, the top notes is very good. Citrus, bergamot and lavender was blend well. 30 minutes after that, it become more spicy, sweet n thin woody. The cinnamon make middle notes smells delicious just like a cake that fresh from the oven.
I think must have this fragrance next time.

Sektor_nl
Sektor_nl

What a strange sensation. I like most and even love some of the notes in this perfume, but the combination and blend just cannot please me.

Overall the mix of sharp lemonny freshness, smokey tobacco and spices and the warm musky drydown give me a headache. I would almost think I have bought a fake bottle at London Heathrow Airport, judging on the many positive reviews compared to the negative sensation this gives me.
Well, I guess it just proves that perfumes are very personal.

This fresh, spicy, smokey and very longlasting scent is simply but surprisingly not my cup of tea.

jim
jim

this one smells sooo goood, ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ it

But its expensive!!

guest_Martin
guest_Martin

The worst fragrance i've ever smelled. My father has it and anyway, he has a great style, but i really don't know why he purchased it. Smells like a cheap no name aftershave or what, makes you feel & smell old, very annoying. Recommended age: 60+, seriously.

Minity Meo
Minity Meo

It's very sexy and fruity fragrance, one of my favorites for all occasions.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

This here I fell in love with. Its woods, a tad bit of citrus. Its the sandlewood that I really detect. Beautifully did! Get the shower gel to go with it and your all set to go!

Cologne Junkie72
Cologne Junkie72

This is a very masculine fragrance.Guys be sure not to over apply,for it is very strong.The scent is very sophisticated.D&G did a great job on this fragrance in my opinion.

jtappenden
jtappenden

Very good & underrated.Fashionable,stylish & masculine.

jonnyboy81
jonnyboy81

Has anyone noticed that the bottle and formula has changed. The basic bottle is the same but the old version had a big sticker that read D&G pour homme. The latest bottle has a decaled clear sticker that reads D&G. The newest formula is much less sweet and has more pepper added. It almost seems flat. As if something is missing. I am in love with the old stuff, but find it very hard to find. Can anyone help me find somewhere, maybe online that sells the older formula. Thank you in advance.

diorshowman
diorshowman

A mix between Dior Homme and Versace The Dreamer...but with a tad more masculinity in this, especially in the opening notes. As this dries down, the scent becomes more like the two i mentioned earlier. D&G Pour Homme has a more soapy-powdery aroma, while the Dior and the Versace have a more floral-powdery aroma. Im a late comer to this scent and have to say this is better than the majority of fragrance on the market today. D& G Pour Homme is quite modern without being like every other masculine fragrance out there today...and thats a great thing.

Longevity:B-
Projection:B-
Uniqueness:B+
Versatility:B
OVERALL: B

This fragrance is a classic in the style of Givenchy's Gentleman but more refined and modern without being weak or "transparent". When I got this (my first catalog/on-line purchase ever) I was in a small place and decided to give away my By MAN to make room for it (still kicking myself!)not knowing then it had been discontinued-though I loved BY, this is probably on many levels a better and more well-made fragrance...

The opening is heavenly with very clean citruses, a touch of neroli and just the right amount of green leaves.As the heart notes creep in they reveal a stunning blend of dry manly florals(geranium and lavender) mixed perfectly with a Mediterranean herbal accord (clary sage, tarragon and corriander)spiced with cardamom and pepper.The drydown is sweet and refined with cedar and sandalwood lending their woody strength to tonka's warmth, a clean musk and a stunning tobacco note. This is a very European scent and though it was created and released in the late nineties smells very classic without being too overpowering. It is a fragrance every man should try and have in his collection...

Sillage: perfect
Longevity: great
Overall: 4.75/5

Clean citruses,herbal florals and spices with a sweet warm smoky finish, what more could any man want? This scent won all three Acadamia del Profumo awards the year it was released (best scent, packaging and ad campaign)earning D&G quite a reputation from the beginning. A "hat trick" few have repeated since. D&GPH is sexy, sweet-spicy and rich...strong but not loud, it is captivating and beautiful and all MAN...

sawyer82
sawyer82

Don't judge this by it's initial sweet citrus blast. It developes into a more peppery and masculine frag. Great drydown.

RobbieX
RobbieX

This is a potent, pleasant man's fragrance with a powerful fresh sillage. Similar to Dunhill Man. But, I think the Dunhill scent is more complex, smoother and nicer. However, this juice is a good one from D&G.

seand7373
seand7373

I do like this scent. It is a safe choice which no one will be offended. I have received several positive compliments on it and will continue to have in my rotation.

Omega Man
Omega Man

Semi-formal very nice scent. It gives off a mild, aromatic, powdery aura that is masculine and crowd pleasing. Good, safe choice.

milancelisac
milancelisac

This is such a weak scent. Completely lacks personality. It is almost like taking a blind person to an art gallery! Understand that people get tricked into liking it due to the brand's immense popularity....However, trendy is something that does not ooze originality!

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

This is my first Dolce&Gabbana fragrance and I do not regret having bought it.

D&G Pour Homme is truly a classic and unique scent, as others had pointed out earlier. The opening is very sharp and super-sweet with full punch of lemon and bergamot. IMHO, this is a very bold yet pleasant and hard to accept on your nose for the first-time users. I get familiar with this quickly and find it very unique and appealing. It complements my fragrance collection very well.

D&G Pour Homme lingers throughout the day on my skin and seems to project slightly less by the end of the day.

All in all. 9/10 for me.

Cheers,

guest_Diana
guest_Diana

My boyfriend wears this; on him it gets a delicious smoky feel; Love to smell his neck when he wears this

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

lemonesh smell and musk....i like it

jah
jah

from time to time..i jus gotta go out and buy it again! it s timeless

guest_Serge..
guest_Serge..

First I Didn't Know How Great It Was..,I Took From My Dad's Collection & I'm Really Glad By Using IT..,It's a Sort OF A Magical Love..,Takes You To Wonderland.. ;D Combined With A Strong Charm..,Never Let Me Down When It's About Ladies.. ;)

erjotka1
erjotka1

I agree with scenturian. For me it's like a soap. It's fresh and nice but it's not enough to call it my smell.

robert vladimir
robert vladimir

i just bought this as i understand this is a must have for perfume collectors. i find this sweet and it smells like candy at some point before it gets to the base.

agaman
agaman

This scent is too powerful and it's not for young guys. I mean it's too heavy because it can be worn only in winter. As it isn't a versatile product, it is not worth buying it.
It smells like a strong soap.

My mark: 4,5/10

xtaxcy7
xtaxcy7

Smell like some sort of chinese herbs at the begining.. Very weird!! But it turns so good after 30mins or so... Gets better and better!! Must to have!

andy

I could see people call this a classic its a nice fresh exotic fougere with a nice inviting sexy smell, but for my nose i think it is a bit heavy and sweet

it's a well done scent and nice smell but MUST be worn subtle its very potent

ricardohmedina
ricardohmedina

I bought this cologne recently and think it's wonderful stuff. When I use it makes me feel invigorate and classy at the same time. Great smell that everybody seems to like or love. Well, I think D&G PH will be a constantly prescence in my wardrobe! If you don´t know this scent yet, run to try it and tell me later.

andy

very nice sophisticated blend and it is not too spicy and not too fresh so it is perfect for all round wear

scenturian
scenturian

I sampled it many times, but got the same result.
Smells like detergants, ariel matic, persil matic etc.

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

Very strong and very long lasting. The classiest fragrance I own hands down. This one literally lasts on me 12 hours. Would recommend this one for the colder months.

D&G for men is certainly a strong and lasting fragrance.

My boyfriend had left town for a week and left me one of his shirts which is drenched in this scent. Five days on and I can still smell the scent wafting around my living room.

I absolutely adore the female D&G fragrance, and in some ways I expect the matching male fragrance to be similiar yet more masculine smelling. D&G for men isn't exactly the same, however it does have a slight powderyness which is reminiscent of its female equivalent.

Like most top-selling male fragrances, this scent starts off with a bright and refreshing burst of citruses. This is not something that I dislike, I'm quite the opposite when citrusy fragrances are worn by the other sex, (it tends to smell better in my humble opinion), yet there is nothing overly unique or different about this fragrance's opening that leaves me satisfied or panting heavily.

Actually I really don't find D&G for men sexy at all. I think it's more of a casual scent, one that you would expect an upper-class man with impeccable taste and an expensive suit to wear to work each morning. This fragrance to me says "business" not "come hither".

I must say that this fragrance evolves well. From the heart to the drydown, the scent gradually becomes sweeter and spicier until it becomes quite powdery yet somewhat bland.

I will probably have to wear this scent myself in order to establish my final opinion on this scent, but so far this fragrance has disappointed me.

persian_girl
persian_girl

I really loved this one, again from DG... their scents are so unique. The scent of my old love. Very masculine, I imagine an elegant and self-confident man, preferably over 30, in suit and tie... on teenagers it smells overwhelming. Not for this age, as they like so much to steal some drops to their dads.

lbcdpgc2
lbcdpgc2

one of my favorites. Very masculine and potent. Do not over spray yourself with this one. It's very popular.

2P@
2P@

GREAT FRAGRANCE!Just perfect for your special nights!

Eros
Eros

As being told "not for everyone". Not for me, because outdated. I think modern cologne should be more complex and more fresh, has more freedom. I need freedom!

ken.z008
ken.z008

my cologne when i was 16..one of the guys even hug and sniffed me directly on my neck

asfa
asfa

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a perfume SUPER GREAT i take it in my teen years.

acc
acc

The ultimate sensuality fragrance. If you want to arouse this is a great choice. Rose-violet-pepper-cinnamon-sandalwood are masterfully composed in this.

elaida_00
elaida_00

i know is an old perfume but i believe this perfume is the ultimate masculine fragrance specially for smokers;)

vincent
vincent

Excellent fragrance. It's a shame everybody wears it, so it makes D&G ordinary. That tobacco note is so nice but when people can tell you what you're wearing then its time to put it up for a little while.

guest_damez
guest_damez

best fragrance ever, second to chanel allure homme, in my opinion and eludes class and charisma to the wearer and people around this newly confident perosn. great smell, just wonderful with master sillage and longetivity to go with it. amazing, get this.

ticalau
ticalau

@guest_ u'r stupid(idiot) ! pleas comment something useful! and it will be very nice if u'r using english language for the future ;) And "dolce cagana" ???? wtf?!? u really r stupid!

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

Urgh.... I once had it and gave it away... I like the top notes, and that's all. Oh no, I'm lying. I LOVE that bald man of the advertising, as well...

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

At first, I got surprised. But after that, I found this one smell like... unnatural. Plastic. Right! And it's poor longervity.

katyapeony
katyapeony

My fiancee has this fragrance and it is so sexy I can't get enough of him in this woody, musky scent!! HOT!!!!!!!!!

popcorn
popcorn

it is my favorite masculine parfum, very like this soft amd lavender parfum

guest_Randall
guest_Randall

This cologne is pretty good. I like it recommend smelling it before buying, this may not be for everyone but I like this.

D&G by Dolce&Gabbana 3.97 out of 5 based on 1431 ratings and 225 user reviews

Dolce Gabbana D G Anthology 3 L'Imperatrice Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Dolce Gabbana D G Anthology 3 L'Imperatrice Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Dolce Gabbana D G Anthology 18 La Lune Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Dolce Gabbana D G Anthology 18 La Lune Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana D&G fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana D&G, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify D&G by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of D&G by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.