Designers » D E » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

dislike

I have it: 862 I had it: 741 I want it: 309 My signature: 32

aldehydic
D&G Dolce&Gabbana for women Videos
D&G Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures D&G Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures D&G Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures D&G Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures D&G Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures D&G Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures D&G Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures

This classical, intensive, feminine aroma belongs to the group of aldehyde-floral fragrances. D&G is the first fragrance of Dolce&Gabanna. The composition is based on contrasts: sweet and bitter, feminine and masculine. The top notes are aromatic-citrusy and include mandarin, bergamot, basil and aldehydes – a rather strong opening. The heart is feminine floral created of jasmine, floral-spicy carnation, sweet orange blossom and lily. Silky sandal wood in the base is complemented with the sweet and balsamic notes of vanilla, Tonka and musk. This fragrance is recommended for evening wear and special occasions. It was created in 1992.

The nose behind this fragrance is IFF.

Aldehydes Citruses Mandarin Orange Freesia Ivy Basil Bergamot

Coriander Orange Blossom Lily Carnation Jasmine Marigold Lily-of-the-Valley Bulgarian Rose

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Musk Vanilla

Noa Noa
Sweet Sour Classique
Zanzibar
Puro Lino

D&G Fragrance Reviews

villey91
villey91

Smells like luxury. Not to be worn without confidence. Very loud. Aldehydes bigger than in Chanel no5. But I like them more in this than in Chanel.
I really do not smell musk in this at all.

Begins with those big aldehydes + citruses and basil. Very very soapy beginning. But a "luxury soap". Really cool.
In the next 20 minutes all the flowers start to pop in, even though I can't detect any jasmine. Little quantity of it I guess. Also some spicyness. Some sweetness also starts to come.
It never gets sweet completely. It's just sweet and sour from the middle to the end. But I don't smell any musk, but I suppose it's different kinda musk I'm used to because so many people here seem to have voted on musk alot because it's so high on the list.
What a genius idea to make sweet and sour scent. Very unique for me, never smelled anything excactly like this.

I have the original version. 1-2 sprays carefully is enough and will fill the room.

Vjera
Vjera

Does this exist in 15ml pure parfume version?

lacana7

THE BEST perfume ever created...no doubt.

aber19

I wish to clarify the D & G problem with this discontinued fragrance, particularly in Australia, and when buying online. Firstly the D&G classic formula has changed, due to problems with the fashion house in Italy i.e. bankruptcy and EU perfume laws. Therefore, the product has been weakened and has been reformulated and is made in Germany. To make more money, they can sell more volume of this fragrance.

It is the package which has the golden writing usually comes from Germany. The Italy version comes with the black rectangular box. It is the more stronger one. This lasts for ages normally if it is a good bottle for the EDT the opening is truly splendid.

Please aware I ordered the Parfum de Toilette which came from Italy on the box. The perfume was stale. It was one dimensional and lasted for about a week and was horrible. I have the D&G German reformulated perfume. It is weaker, but still nice enough to wear. It will last about 7 hours on the skin and more on clothes. Personally, I always put my perfume on the clothes because it lasts longer and the chemicals are quite toxic. The original fragrance was an absolute knockout in a good way. If one has the vintage, keep it. Because the only formulation available is the one made in Germany.

That is why this perfume is available, if one is lucky to get the original it is a blessing. I hope this clarifies the issues of the difference between Italy and Germany product questions. Please be aware you need to store your perfume in a dark cupboard, which is cool and boxed or covered. Not all vintage perfumes stay the same. Also beware there are many fakes of this perfume on ebay, so you need to be careful:).

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

A blind purchase, and what a great one it is! Classically complex, yet contemporary.

Fantastic aldehydes at the top and contrary to many reviewers here, I wish this part lasted longer. I love the sharpness of the opening notes, classic, bitter and bright. A little metallic too, courtesy of dry coriander and peppery carnation; love the combination of basil, ivy and marigold--just completely joyous and spirited.

The drydown is just lovely, some citric flowers, woodiness, muskiness, clean and soapy. There's also a sheer resinous accord, not unlike the frankincense drydown of Pacifica Lotus Garden.

Totally grown-up-sexy in a cheerful, energetic kind of way. I love it! Perfect for a playful summer night date, or any time really! D&G Red takes a place on my favorites shelf.

auroramaria
auroramaria

I got 100ml bottle on line from an Italian site I'm so happy about it.
This is such a gem that has been discontinued for quite sometime now and people want it back!!
I'll be using mine very sparingly so it'll last me for awhile.
Beautiful concotion of aldehyds and flowers it gets rather soapy but in a very good way with a hint of sweetness from tonka and vanilla.
I found it on Profumix.com and there's still a bottle available if any of you is interested

becuille
becuille

I was clearing out old boxes I'd stored in my uncle's house yesterday and I found a half-full 50ml bottle of this. It's been lying in a loft in a box for at least 10 years so I thought it might have turned, but it's absolutely fine. Hallelujah!

This was always the perfume I wore for a night out on the town. I'm not usually a fan of in-your-face scents, but I love this even though it is utterly shameless in its kick.

It's not going to be for everyone. It's strong, loud and you could even say a little brassy (in personality, not scent!). But if you can wear this, it's magical.

The aldehydes are the star of the show. In fact, I've never really seen this as floral in any way, even though there are plenty of floral accords. To me, this is aldehydic, a little fruity, and something bordering on spicy.

It's not something I'd wear during the day, and it's too bold to wear with a little black dress, but if you've got a sexy little red number and some killer heels, this is the scent you want to be wearing with them.

Pretty strong sillage and longevity is insane - you'll still smell this on you in the morning.

Bring it back, D&G!

lacana7

I agree with personagrata ....i have just a 100ml bottle and I am in love with this fragance ...one of the best perfume that I ever smelled ,PLEASE DOLCE&GABANNA BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The perfume is strong, very soapy ,classy,luxury,long lasting and very good projection.
it is not for girls,it is for a very feminine and classy woman.
10/10 no doubt.

edit:I bought today a new 50 ml bottle,and I am so happy because I found it a good price! it's hard to find ....
I cant wait to have it,still is not enough 150 ml,I need to have at least 300ml to stop...I can't live without it!

personagrata
personagrata

Please, bring this back! It s such a wonderful, seductive fragrance. I have a 50 ml and a 100 ml but it s not enough for a lifetime. I don t wear it so as to keep it for Special occasions. And the cream is the best body lotion ever!!!

beccalee79
beccalee79

It breaks my heart what D&G have done to this perfume. My first encounter was in 1992, the year it was launched. My best friend was gifted this from her big sister. We were 12 years old. I didn't purchase myself a bottle until a few years later. I felt like a goddess wearing this. I still have that first empty bottle. I ordered x2 100ml bottles when I heard it was being discontinued. For the most part the scent remains the same but it doesnt fill a room like it used too. Why D&G have chosen to discontinue this is beyond me and makes me kinda sad :(

Dioguh
Dioguh

You will be missed =/

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

D&G Pour Femme wears like a cloak of invincibility. If you are brave enough to wear this magnificent fragrance you may feel inclined to take on something huge. I wish I could!

This perfume seemed to surround me in a delightful cloud of soaring aldehydes that are so light and airy. The composition is bolsterered and grounded by the herbal and green aspect, but all the while remaining beautifully feminine with soft floral notes. After all the excitement of the opening, the dry down is creamy soft sandalwood with tonka and clean musk. Heavenly!

Pour Femme is strong and bold, yet comforting. It is a fragrance of substance, something I think is missing in many new releases. Another great fragrance from the 90's.

kittybrmow
kittybrmow

I just bought this today at HEB for $38.99. I guess it's not discontinued. It smells really good so far. It's a mature fragrance. I'm 34 and it seems age appropriate.

LadyPilot

It is not discontinued! I just tested it again last week in Superpharm, I'm sure it must be still widely available if it's present in such a huge network.
Ladies, don't give up searching!

goingblonde
goingblonde

A strong Aldehyde for sure .A bit spicy and quite powdery .I am surprised how linear it is for all the notes.
Sillage & longevity a 10 for sure.
reminds me more of a 80's scent .

L'Arlesienne
L'Arlesienne

I am one of the people happy with decision of replacing this obe with the 2012 Pour Femme. Don't get me wrong, this is a blast of soapy aldehides and I could never stomach them. Powerful, soapy, intrusive. I get no sexy vibe whatsoever. Just a power frag. Longevity and sillage- both perfect. Only if the smell were better. I am very happy with the 2012 release. Sorry, folks, just my 2 cents.

jbells
jbells

I ordered a sample of this by accident while looking for D&G Pour Femme. But oh, what an amazing mistake to make!

I have never smelled a fragrance with lots of aldehydes before, so I wasn't too sure what to expect.

In the bottle, it smells like powdered skin. Sprayed on, the first thing I get is a cloud of powder with a little floral, that I can almost taste on my tongue. Nothing impressive.

Soon after, it develops into a very "airy" feeling, which Ouch (from YouTube and also Fragrantica!) pointed out was what aldehydes can be like! If I could describe it, I'd say it was airy with a kind of powdery taste on your tongue. It's like if you were on a tree in the clouds and you could smell the tree and your own skin. It persists in forms of this for a long long time - sometimes its very floral, at other times, its more green.

There is no creaminess in this at all. It's just ... air. But fragrant air, if that makes any sense. It's soft, but doesn't hide. It demands attention, but in a gentle, caressing manner.

Longevity on me was brilliant - I lost count after 12.5 hours. After about 2/3 of that time, it became a noticeable skin scent.

This is what I would go to if I want to feel like I've got my head stuck in the clouds. It's lovely in a slightly unconventional way.

jellybeantree

This fragrance is liquid gold to me. I wish I caught on sooner because now its gone..... I am really starting to protest against these sugar sweet fragrances and I am sick of wearing them. If thats your thing , thats fine , everyone has there own tastes but I don't want to smell like everyone else anymore! So I will keep looking for interesting non sweet fragrances . This is just amazing ! Hope they bring it back someday ....

nero77
nero77

This one is a bomb... an absolute bomb of aldehydes!

It's almost like a Chanel No. 5 on Steroids!

That being said, here's what I get out of it: Bright Aldehydic Soap aroma, Florals, Sanadalwood, Herbs, and Musk. I'm reviewing the eau de Parfum, and there is a difference between it and the eau de Toilette.

To me this fragrance is the ultimate "Diva" perfume! It's loud, it's bold, and slightly soft at the same time. It's not harshly loud... but it certainly announces your presence. Very strongly soapy and floral. It's very bright and that's something I like about it.

I could see an immaculately dressed Italian woman wearing this. Wearing a white suit and with huge, very loud style. This is a "power fragrance", you don't get anything like this today. The aldehyde burst really sets the tone. I think that the Eau de Toilette is a lot more wearable, but if you like big aldehydes done the old fashioned way then go for the EDP. It smells very similar to Sicily by Dolce & Gabbana (also sadly discontinued), and a little like Samsara by Guerlain (the sandalwood aspect).

This is such a grown up fragrance. Not for little girls! It commands power and respect, like when a strong, powerful, beautiful woman walks into a room. What an impression! This is the Real Dolce & Gabanna!

redrapturelove
redrapturelove

My mother's beautiful signature scent. It suits her lovely brunette beauty and style. On me it does not suit my chemistry and I am disappointed. Despite being a dark blonde I love deep rich scents but this one is not for me.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

It looks good on paper: jasmine, lily, vanilla, tonka. But the aldehyde pushes it into classic/mature/almost stiff territory. It's not incredibly complex but the complexity it has is a reliable, good cocktail. I'm getting mostly aldehyde, sandalwood and some nice florals. Definitely not a juicy scent. The jasmine is muted. This is a chaste, restrained, respectful perfume.

Pretty good staying power. Sillage is nothing to write home about. The dry down mutes the lovely florals and almost smells minty (basil + sandalwood + aldehyde).

I haven't tested it on my skin yet but I couldn't see myself wearing this. Sometimes the aldehyde comes off as elegant, sometimes stiff. It smells like something a flawless woman in a boardroom would wear. Aldehyde + floral = undeniable power scent? I think this would be a hit in super corporate settings.

jeannette_84
jeannette_84

I wanted to try this fragrance because I saw that it was similar to Linn Youngs Sweet & sour classique. I finally tried it a couple a days ago. I sprayed it on my clothes and I still could smell it yesterday. I'm not sure how many days ago. It smells really good and very similar but the longevity is amazing! I can't remember how long it stayed on my skin though. I really like it!

mourmouro
mourmouro

the most feminine fragrance that I have tried,when i wear this scent i feel sexy :-)

Frayja
Frayja

Question: This is reformulated? I remember back in 90's my best friend has it and it was a sillage and longevity bomb-it smells 4 corners away!
Now I have it and it lasts some hours (4-5) but in the end turns really synthetic on my skin.Any help ?

lily13ana

I have it for 3 days and I must say I am disapointed. It's smell is very weak, in the first hour is moderately strong and for another 2 hours it stays close to the skin, then I barely feel anything. My bottle says is made in Germany/aug 2012. I hope it will grow on me, I had similar experiences with other perfumes.

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

At first sniff from the bottle I bypassed the Dolce counter. Then I decided I dismissed it too quickly so I went back for another smell... and I am so glad I did. This scent is a slow and sensual dance. It's sweet but low. It's indescribable and lovely. It's also very alluring. It is definitely going on my want list.

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

I adore the old version of this but I won't be buying the new version because it smells cheap and sweet like lots of those perfumes that try to please crowds. Classics are classics and they need to be left alone.

angeldannette
angeldannette

I do adore the scent of this particular perfume, always envied the women that could carry it off in the clubs scene, so ventured out and bought myself a bottle. Although it also smelled great on me, the contents of the bottle didn't agree with me at all. As soon as I spray it on my skin, my eyes weep very badly. (Not a good thing when you've already done your make up for a night out) then by the end of the night the make up has all gone, you look like a mess but you still smell great. Hmm.
This perfume is not suited to those with sensitive eyes/dry eyes or those who suffer from allergies (whereby the eyes are affected). I do wish I knew which particular ingredient it is that causes this reaction so I can find one similar that does not have the ability to make me look like a clown by the end of the night!

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

As other reviewers have said, this either works with your body or it does not. This smelled like horrible musky rotten plums or currants on my skin. Absolutely awful. I had to scrub it off. Bummer because I know so many people love this scent so it must be really amazing on some people. But alas not for me.

LadyPilot

If this scent goes well with your body chemistry, it will work miracles - heads will turn as you walk by, an aura of warmth, charm and elegance will surround you, and everyone will envy you your beautiful perfume. But if it does not match your skin... BEWARE!:-O

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers,

This perfume is one of the very few that embodies a lot of sexuality and sensuality that creates a temptress in a bottle.

I never owned this perfume , because this perfume was my sisters signature Night perfume and it was quite a force on her when she wore this and left many of men and boys enraptured by her magic but left many of men and boys bruised and weepy after a affair with such a tigress and her perfume to match that left a memorable imprint on them forever.

Although this was her perfume, me being a curious sprite of a sibling, I tried this myself and was very good but it smelled way better on my sister than on me, the perfume just has a nice fruity scent to it but then went flat on me ,a reminder not to touch your sisters things eh ?, ahaha,!
so I took the hint what the spirit of this perfume was telling me and never touched it again but enjoyed it when my sister would wear it when we went out on the town or in special gatherings.

On the right chemistry this perfume is bewitching ,passionate and rich with character , it reminds me of something a old Hollywood starlets would have warn, I loved it !

I hope D&G brings this back someday its a perfect gift for a memorable character in your life or if you can handle the fiery dance with this passionate lady perfume.

AMANDA PAES
AMANDA PAES

Meu perfume preferido. Minha 1ª paixão entre os importados. Foi amor a 1ª borrifada. Aldeído e sândalo em evidência num 1º momento, após 1h a baunilha começa a aparecer e o torna mais adocicado. É um aroma perfeito e fixação pra mais de 12h. Um perfume de mulherão e não pra meninas ou adolescentes. Um cheiro afrodisíaco, sensual, sexy, quente... Tem cheiro de mulher fina, elegante, rica e sofisticada. Só tenho elogios a fazer e me parte o coração saber que este perfume saiu de linha e que em breve essa obra de arte da perfumaria não existirá mais. É uma pena, pois ainda não consegui conhecer um perfume que se iguale a este em sua plenitude, tanto em fragrância como em sensualidade e sofisticação. Enfim, este perfume será sempre meu preferido. Vale a pena conhecê-lo e se deixar cair de amores, pois certamente acontecerá!

ivyheel
ivyheel

I was going about my business in Perfumania and wanted to try the newer D&G Pour Femme (pink one) since I brushed it off last year. Instead of giving me the new version, the SA sprayed the Red Cap classic and said, "This is nice. I wore it in the 90s." I wanted to tell her she didn't give me the right perfume, but not wanting to pass up sniffing a classic I took the paper strip and inhaled. The scent was so familiar! Someone in my past must have worn this, but I have no idea who. Alas, the power of olfactory memory.

I actually really loved the scent itself and couldn't let it go. For some reason, the overall composition makes me think "green walnut". It opens with pretty aldehydes and basil, then settles down into a smooth, woody, maybe even a bit milky scent. And green walnuts, of course. I have never encountered anything similar to this. To me it's definitely unisex but really hanging to the masculine side a bit. Lasting power is great, especially if you spray it over unscented lotion. This is the scent that refuses to go away. I am pretty sure my 3.3oz bottle is a lifetime supply. Love it.

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

There comes a time in a girl's life when she realizes she doesn't need to fit in with the rest of her all flowers-and-candy spritzed peers and becomes her own unique person.

This perfume, is not for just -any- woman. If it didn't "work out" for someone, it was for good reason. It just wasn't meant for YOU, darlings.

When I worked in a perfumeria, this was a rather tough sell since it was deemed somewhat overpowering and not a very "feminine" scent. My body chemistry begs to differ. By "feminine" I've learned what they really meant...they meant "girly" and this is not a girly scent. Its too sophisticated for that and I shall explain.

Within minutes of wear, it feels like exotic spicy flowers took residence within your pores and bloomed from your body heat. The magic lies in the drydown though, where the complexity of this perfume reveals what secrets lies beneath the skin. It seems to conjure up that silent yet smoldering lady that can seduce with merely a cocked brow. Silent, yes...but by no means timid.

If I were asked, what kind of woman comes to mind when I smell this...I would say it is for a woman who doesn't have to try hard or even at all to obtain attention, she exudes a raw feminine sensuality without much effort, she is comfortable in her own skin without needing anyone else's opinions, she is someone silent and observant but intriguing, she'd be a woman few would know intimately but several would find hard to forget...a tigress, pretty much.

This is why I say that this fragrance isn't for everyone. It simply wasn't meant for that and the intention can be smelled a smile away ;)

P.S. I am saddened that this fragrance may be joining the Glorious Perfumes Graveyard. I do hope they relaunch them in some years. It would be a terrible shame to lose this unique and erotic fragrance as a thing of the past.

BillyJean
BillyJean

LOVE. Received a bottle of this in my early 20s and I was just too immature for it. Now in my early 30s I have all the confidence I need to pull it off and enjoy it. I feel really comfortable in my own skin and now it's me wearing D&G Red and not the other way around. Half a spritz does it for me. I bought a vintage bottle. Even though Luca Turin rates it low in the guide for me this is number one.
It is different from perfumes today. It may not have the best opening but the heavenly drydown will linger on your clothing for days. A lot of mainstream perfumes created now seem to have a really great opening, perhaps to make you immediately buy, but the drydown is not that great at all.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

Liquid incense in a bottle.

Edit: a bit too literal and flat. It smells of incense to me, and nothing else. Like Light Blue, it's nice, but you'd expect more from D&G and for your money's worth.

moonflower5050
moonflower5050

amazing. a very elegant, sensual yet fresh fragrance. not too complex but very satisfying in its own way. it would have been one of my favorites but sadly it gave me headaches. i´ve always suspected i may have a problem with certain aldehydes... but after reading what others have commented about fake ones... now i´m tempted to give it another chance!

CIOGHIUZEL

I start wearing this again! My man remembered how much he liked it on me from 7 years ago! Will never be bored of it or find it on too many ladies!

aber19

Please aware in purchasing D&G Red. There have been many copies of this fragrance which has been made in China. Yet, the packaging is identical to P&G Germany packaging. Problematically, China suppliers have used the original D&G base and watered it down and have placed the fragrance back into the bottle.

Unfortunately, you will only smell a lingular base which will last, but you will not get the top or middle notes. Therefore, some Australian Chemists who buy their products from Chinese supplies will often have the proper smelling tester, but when you wear the product at home you will notice the difference. I hope this helps to explain to fake perfumes.

Drunkinator
Drunkinator

Very sensual. Bought it instead of Gucci Guilty. Although I do plan on buying Guilty. I found the D&G had an equally warm sexy smell.

Tontosgirluk
Tontosgirluk

My new Favourite, intriguing and interesting and would be happy if this was the only perfume ever. I only have a mini so I'm scouring eBay for a larger bottle and wishing for some body lotion. I wish I'd discovered this years ago. Even the base notes are lovely, warm and feminine .

stormyla
stormyla

I came across a vintage bottle of D & G EDT with a red cap and have found this scent to be quite pleasing. This is a nice bright carnation fragrance with a really light and interesting mix of spices.

It also has an oriental character, it's slightly sweet. I didn't get any aldehydes from this bottle. It is very balmy and the sandalwood & musk combination is quite lovely.

The sillage was about arm's length and the scent lasted about 7 hours. I like this fragrance enough to look for a good buy on a higher concentration vintage bottle.

jellybeantree

I don't know if my chemistry changed or what happened but this smells great, and longevity amazing for an edt!
I WISH I DIDNT FIND THIS FRAGRANCE SO LATE!!
I am loving this so much!
Good thing I have stocked up on this one because when Moschino Couture was discontinued I waited to finish a bottle and then buy a new one and soon it was harder and harder to find until it was on ebay for 130 euros ! I can't believe how people hike up the price :( , this time I am prepared!

jellybeantree

Just ordered this as nostalgia ....considering it's discontinued. I think it's a great fresh soapy herbal concoction with a sandalwood dry down. It's really special and maybe I am appreciating it more now that it is discontinued. I didn't appreciate enough before. Now I will have it to enjoy! :)

cori.x
cori.x

gorgeous box! sprayed it once, hated it, smells like soap to me, nothing else. somebody swap it with me or buy it from me >.< in houston usa.

Today I found The PARFUM DE TOILETTE-version!! And I must say,if you find it - buy it! So much better then the Eau de Toilette-version. Softer, warmer without the Aldehyde-blast in topnote. Superelegant, supersophisticated, superwomanish, super-everything I can think of in good way of smelling good!

I had several bottles of the EdT but never again. Now on its only the Parfum de Toilette for me!

Idag köpte jag PARFUM DE TOILETTE-versionen!! och jag måste säga: hittar du den - köp den!! Så mycket bättre än Eau de Toilette-versionen. Mjukare, varmare och utan Aldehydslaget i toppnoten. Superelegant, supersofistikerad, superkvinnlig, super-allting bra jag kan tänka mig om en doft faktiskt!!
Jag har ägt flera Eau de Toilette-flaskor men det blir inga fler för mig. Nu är det bara Parfum de Toilette som gäller för mig!

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

I almost forgot this wonderful smell! I didn't use it for a long time and when I wore it yesterday I was so happy in the cloud of this classic, sophisticated and timeless scent. D&G is fresh and deep at the same time, it smells somehow mature but not too serious. I like it very much.

Jerine123
Jerine123

Yummy! Long lasting! Mature but sexy! Warm and alluring. Great Classic Scent and the reformulation is not bad, still carries the warmth and the dry down is very similar to the original. Did I say YUMMY? Simply divine!

RugosaAlba
RugosaAlba

Invigorating, like a glass of cold freshly squeezed orange juice in the morning. For me it's more masculine than Le Male JPG.

lily13ana

Can anyone tel me if there is any difference between the edt made in Germany and the one made in Italy? Some says that the one made in Germany is fake, or weaker and has no lasting power.

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

A very chic, classy aldehyde sandalwood scent. It smells like luxury soap you'd find in a 4-star hotel. I used to work in a 4-star French restaurant in NYC called Le Cirque in the mid- 80's, and many of the wealthy socialites who lunched there, included Ivana Trump, used to smell like D&G. It's like an Italian version of Chanel No. 5, crossed with Guerlain Samsara...a luxurious, soapy, powdery, sexy, woody, sophisticated, clean, soft, feminine smell.

aber19

Please note that this perfume is not as strong as in the 1990's. It has been weakened by Procter & Gamble within a reformulation about a few years back. However, it was quite strong in 1990's and more people may be able to wear it without a headache. My 100mls eau de toilette botle, smells more like Sicily and has the spice and freshness. Beware that the Parfum de toilette is impossible to find in Australia.

aber19

Yesterday I noticed that Prahran's chemist warehouse had a few bottles of this fragrance left which is in the eau de toilette both in the 25mls and 50mls. I thought to share with you my recent find.I know this fragrance is hard to find.

rose7
rose7

I ordered several D&G samples. This original perfume has got to be the most beautiful fragrance EVER. Why on Earth did they discontinue it! It really knocked me down at first, but the dry down is amazing.

sapientia
sapientia

I used to wear it when I was 15-16 years old and I just loved it! Everybody kept telling me what a perfect fragrance and I remember I was very proud (A TINY SMALL FRAGRANTICAN!!!!)

simonifranquini
simonifranquini

Best perfume ever!!!

aber19

I forgot to mention. The only other option was to get a perfume refund from my credit card provider. But unfortunately paypal did not pay for the purchase with my linked credit card and so I had to prove authenticity to paypal which was impossible.

aber19

Sorry, I have not attached my fake D&G perfume pictures. There are too many.

aber19

"Australians beware of buying the discontinued Dolce & Gabbana (D&G) Classic Red from international sellers on Ebay".

Firstly, I received packaging as in the above picture, but it was not the correct product as advertised on EBAY. The photograph on Ebay had packaging which only had gold writing and no black on the Perfume Unisex Site. You can check it out. So I ordered it. I received a fake copy. The box fell apart, the lid did not fit firmly, the fragrance was horrible. Please careful of the ebay site Perfume Unisex, while it has a lot of good reviews, I recently received a horrible fragrance and could not return it. When you look at the minimal negative comments sections on Ebay, these complaints are the same as mine.

International sellers understand the difficulties of Australian buyers returning back fake perfumes, and have no problem ripping unsuspecting buyers off. I wish to expose this archaic loophole and share my negative experience in conducting your perfume research. Additionally, people may not know that Paypal wants authentication when one wants a refund. This action was impossible to achieve in my case.

Four key issues to note:

1. Perfume is discontinued

I spoke with the main distributor and they stated that my D & G perfume was discontinued about a year ago. But the last stock ordered in Australia was four months ago. I searched high and low for a parfum de toilette in David Jones, Myers, specialised perfumeries, Chemist Warehouse and Priceline, etc. It did not exist. It has been taken of the shelves for D&G newest red fragrance, which is too sweet for me.

2. Problems with PayPal requirements of authenticity with department Stores:

Even when I described the eBay ordered D & G fragrance box over the phone with the only Australian distributor, I received from eBay they stated it was not authentic. Then with David Jones, while the staff member smelt the perfume it had no spicy notes, and stated was it not authentic, smelt weak and old. All parties were not willing to put their name on a letterhead to substantiate their claims. This perfume was a fake. I needed to go to their legal department and did not want to associate with a fake perfume purchase. This would take more time and I only had limited time with PayPal to prove my eBay fragrance was a fake.

I was told by David Jones, Myers, and the distributor to buy another perfume in the D & G range, which I was not interested in. I spoke with a perfumery expert in an expensive shop; they stated that my fragrance was a fake. I wanted to pressure sell me with an up sell with the offer of a 100mls of eau de toilette of D & G costing $170.00. I stated I needed to think about it. Additionally, I have a 100mls of eau de toilette at home and just wanted a stronger perfume. No one was willing to assist me with my quest.

3. Problems with authenticity with PayPal requirements.

I took photographs of my fake ebay perfume and sent to PayPal and they wanted an authentication expert to write on letterhead that this fragrance was not authentic. Well, I was told that I could have used Photoshop on my photographs. I asked if I could have my photographs certified by the post office staff or a Justice of the Peace to prove that these photographs were indeed correct. Paypal did not accept this.

I offered PayPal to video my fake and real perfume and explain why the product labelling and packaging was incorrect. This was refused; even when I would highlight my identification, and explain the inconsistencies. I spoke to numerous PayPal staff and had a circulator argument whereby they wanted expert authentication. Even when I possessed a bottle of 100mls of D&G eau de toilette and wanted to compare the two perfumes this was disallowed. See the photographs below.

4. Problems sending your fake perfume back.

Unfortunately the USA Proctor & Gamble have taken over the fragrance. I could not get my product authenticated because of Australia’s archaic aviation laws. Only, if you are a perfume distributor then you can bring perfumes into this country and return products. I explained this to PayPal staff and restated they wanted authentication.

My last conversation with the Paypal staff was that I needed to consult with a perfume expert or patent lawyer to fight my case. I faxed PayPal in Sydney the current Aviation legislation highlighting the sections of the disallowing the carrying of flammable goods. This makes it impossible to ship this product outside this country. Still this action resulted in little response by Paypal.

In Australia, under the current aviation legislation Australia Post, and Send and Pack or any other couriers will not send your fake perfume back to an overseas seller. Australia Post has a statement stating that they will not send any flammable liquid. An Australian post staff member stated to me that they would not send anything with over 35% alcohol content. Unfortunately, my D&G perfume alcohol content is 77%. Additionally, even sending a product by boat is problematic. It is very hard to send a perfume from state to state. Perhaps, if one is lucky a road courier may send the perfume to another state.

Unfortunately the USA Proctor & Gamble have taken over this discontinued fragrance. I could not get my product authenticated because of Australia’s archaic aviation laws. Only, if you are a perfume distributor then you can bring perfumes into this country and return products. I explained this to PayPal staff. They restated they wanted authentication. My last conversation with the Paypal staff was advised that I needed to consult with a perfume expert or patent lawyer to fight my case. Paypal did not offer any further suggestions, but stated that they had a legal process whereby authentication was vital.

I just to let people know particularly in Australia to be very careful in purchasing D&G on EBAY because it may not genuine and you cannot return it back like other international buyers.

Eos
Eos

As a lover of aldehydes I was excited for the chance to try this much talked about scent. My first impression was: I know this perfume! All malls smelled of this circa 1993ish. It is sweet, aldehydic, powdery, indistinctly floral, and full of what I would have read as heliotropin rather than vanillin. The sandalwood note is identifiable but less woody than you would think and accompanied by a vague plastic note that is not unlikable. In my opinion, the closest relative to this perfume is actually JPG's Classique which was released contemporaneously. Very nice, bold and full bodied. Sillage is incredible.

Thanks so much sweetiepea161616 for the SIF sample!

evgenia80
evgenia80

I find this Feminine with a masculine touch, modern with a 90s touch, seductive but with a romantic and nostalgic aura .It is an interesting combination for women who want both to seduce and to be independent.

francess.raymundo
francess.raymundo

this original scent really doesn't cramp my style

lisatenholt

My local drugstore had this on sale, I bought it around a year ago (blind buy, they didn't have any testers) and I'm totally obsessed. It's so different, but so lovely. On here I'm reading that it's discontinued? I hope not! I hope I can find this on Ebay..

BeautifulDynamite
BeautifulDynamite

This is an absolute dream of a perfume. The Walmart in my hometown still sells it and I'll be sure to be picking up a bottle! And since I'm a fan of aldehydes...bring it on.

Wonderful, powdery florals...so sexy.

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

my mom use to have this and when i first tried it when i was little i loved it..hopefully i will have it again one day it is a powerhouse of a fragrance and sweet very 90's

freddinos
freddinos

Opening:full of classy aldehydes, mixed with soapy florals. The dry down is my favorite part, and makes me want to close my eyes and take a deep breath! I so love Dolce Gabbana creations...

Iva Vendetta
Iva Vendetta

I was given a bottle of the 1.7 eau de parfum, by my ex husband after a 20 yr. absence.
His taste in perfume is abysmally comedic.

It smells quite different, not as brusque and in your face. This seemed almost watery and it's a get rid of.

they can leave together.

Germany
Germany

Very disappointed that this is discontinued. It was a classic and one of the best perfumes ever made. It's so fresh and so sexy and sophisticated all at once. I still have a small bottle but I can't stand when I know I can't buy it anymore. Drives me crazy they do that with good fragrances. It's so long lasting and stunning!

mihaela01
mihaela01

This is the perfume that I will love all my life.It smells like luxury,it s sexy ....it s my love

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

My first aldehyde perfume was Dune. I liked it. I liked how cozy yet sexy I felt when I wore it. At the behest of my Fragrantica friends, I tried this one as well. Actually it was a blind swap, but I just KNEW I'd like it. Well it turns out I don't just like it. I absolutely love it. Once you get past that "grandma smell", you really realize just how gorgeous this is. I wore 2 sprays and then went shopping. I was intoxicated. All I could think about was how sexy I smelled and felt. I knew there was something really special about this fragrance. I highly recommend it for an aldehyde lover. Sillage and longevity are incredible! I just ordered another bottle and I am really hoping it's not a reformulation, or that at least I still love it just as much as the original. I really can't love this perfume any more. Just gorgeous. Too bad my hubby doesn't like it that much, but I don't really care!

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

This comes always in the red velvet box made italy originally.

Debbibc

Can anyone help please? So the re formulation is the new bottle, slightly purple box, different colour juice right? So every bottle with the red cap is the original 1992 scent? I'm so confused because my original scent bottle is made in Italy, yet other bottles with the familiar red cap are made in Germany. Are they the same thing? Some D & G Red cap boxes are in the old velvety boxes, some are not. Please help!!!!

sharlyne13
sharlyne13

my bestfriend got this for her 18th bday and when she wears it i swear my head hurts, idk why but this perfume is a bit heavy for me and when i smell it on her i refuse to be beside her cause it's just too strong for me.

nerskine
nerskine

I smelled this and had to have it, hoping it would not smell different on me. I wasn't disappointed. It's stronger than most scents I wear, and I don't wear it often. But when I do, men seem to notice (more than women).

dness92
dness92

I bought the smallest size available blind really hoping for 'soapy' scent and yes...It does have soap in it but to me this fragrance is two layers - one is this Italian soapiness with spices and the other is very warm, rich, ambery and 'golden'. And to me these two don't blend well together, they are split the whole time filling the whole room. The second, warm aspect reminds me of this very elegant, old gentleman I once knew and he wore a cologne which smelled exactly like it (Pi by Givenchy). Overall, it's nice and all but it definitely does smell 'old' to me, not because it smells of old ladies but because I already have an association with a similar scent. Also, it's not a very feminine smell to me.

Not quite sure what to do with it now... It definitely does not belong to my collection.

Slain
Slain

This scent packs a punch and is usually given off of ladies over the age of 50 from what I've experienced. It smells rich and bold and easily sticks out in a crowd. All of these good things.

My grandmother wears this all the time and thus is psychologically linked in my head to her; which is probably a good thing.

Decadent, bold and opulent - smell like a sophisticated lady with this on.

lily13ana

This smels so expensive. I like it very much, but is to soft for me. I wish it were stonger, and i am talking about the tester, wich i know is more concentrated.

Debbibc

Thanks so much for all your help. This perfume still has the red cap ( no purple colour at all ) and I would more describe a rose tinge to the fragrance. This bottle was made in Germany.

dormir6
dormir6

You surely bought the new one, not a fake. This is the new D&G.

Debbibc

Being new to the site, I really need members help. I have worn Dolce & Gabbana Red for at least 10 years.I love love love this perfume. I purchased a bottle on line and the smell and colour of the fragrance is different. This new (100 ml Eau De Toilette) bottle's perfume is a rose colour. Is this what members are referring to when they are stating that D & G have reformulated the fragrance? I would be more happier to find out that I accidentally bought a fake than to be told that the original fragrance & colour have changed for ever.

PhattBass
PhattBass

Dolce&Gabbana (a.k.a. Red Cap) is a fragrance I never thought I would take interest in. To be honest, I'm not so sure why I even took interest in it in the first place because I usually dislike fragrances that have aldehydes. I never thought I would get the chance to test it since it's supposedly discontinued, but I luckily happened to find this fragrance. I was really surprised and excited and snatched up all the bottles there were, even though I was buying them blind. There was no tester, so I had no choice. I am really, really glad that I ended up liking this fragrance; definitely a successful blind buy. I would have felt so stupid if I had not liked it, with all the bottles I bought.

I was expecting the aldehydes to be really sharp, extremely soapy, musty, and unpleasant to my nose, but nope! These aldehydes are different. Yes, they are soapy, but not so soapy that it makes me think of actual soap, if that makes sense. They are strong and the most prominent note throughout the scent, but at the same time soft and delicate. In the opening I do pick up on citrus and green notes, of course along with the aldehydes, making it really clean and fresh. As it dries down and time goes by, it sweetens up thanks to, from what I would guess, the vanilla, tonka bean, and sandalwood making it so smooth and creamy. I never thought I would think of or describe a fragrance with aldehydes as creamy, but it is. Some mild spicy notes also make an appearance along with the sweetness. It's really amazing to me how well these notes go together. It goes from clean, soapy, and fresh to sweet, creamy, spicy, and with a bit of the soapiness lingering in the background. The more I smell it, the more I love it. :)

lisatenholt

I love this scent. To me it's very warm and deep. I even love it more once it wears off. Nearly done with my first 25 ml and will definitely buy this again.

Tovah
Tovah

Sometimes reading reviews gives me the best giggle of the day. I'm wearing the new Pour Femme today and something brought to mind the D&G Red Cap and I shivered. I was curious to see what others thought of the "original" so, of course, I started reading the reviews. Subconsciously, I had a picture in my mind of my "vision" of Red Cap, so one review's contrast was funny (and fascinating) to me.

The reviewer Sissi writes of "...1950's Italy where women all wear white conservatively and men with their Sunday but conservative best suits but suddenly the church doors open and to everyone shock dismay a beautiful woman tall slender with short black hair and dark skin wearing a bright cherry red form fitting dress with a red hibiscus in her hair..."

I had been picturing eating at a table in a small crowded restaurant and at the table next to me sits a woman. She is wearing a stole made of a dead mink; its little legs and feet dangle from its empty skin, and it is attached to itself by its glass-eyed skull biting its own butt. She started smoking Old Golds in 1958 so these days she marinates herself in perfume that seems "weak", due to her diminished olfactory ability and competition with the odors of smouldering reconstituted tobacco and benzene. Her perfume is so strong I can taste it, and my food seems toxic. I get a migraine, and begin to feel nauseated.

No doubt original D&G was strong, and its unfortunate that I hadn't the chance to experience it in a situation fair to its possibilities. As much as I've loved fragrance my entire life, bad memories of second-handedly being poisoned by overly intensive Youth Dew, Ma Griffe, Rive Gauche, and Cinnabar still give me chills.

morgs
morgs

When I was about 12 I was working my way through the Impulse body sprays from drug stores. I found the fragrance called 'musk' was the most intoxicating scent I had ever encountered (I suppose it was my first perfume 'love'). I thought of it often as a young adult and kept hoping that someone would invent the fine fragrance version of the musk impulse spray. In my late 30's I decided to sample a bit of the D&G in Boots and found to my delight that it seemed to be the fine fragrance version of this early find, just as I had hoped for. I am only sorry that it took me so long to discover it and am even sorrier to hear from earlier reviews that it has been discontinued.

cecilia.thorn.56
cecilia.thorn.56

This was my signature fragrance in the early/mid 90s when I was in my early 20s. I remember that I wore it for work and for going out and I never felt it was too heavy, I guess it worked well with my body chemistry and I received a lot of compliments on it, especially from men. In my opinion it is (or rather was - since it is now discontinued) the best D&G fragrance, but I believe it would now smell a bit "dated". So a nice walk down the memory lane but I would not wear it today.

Amalmarri
Amalmarri

i bought this blind based on the reviews, unfortunately found it sharp soapy and migrain inducing.not femenine at all. will not keep it in my collection

Scrilla
Scrilla

I bought this blind on liquidation based on the reviews here and I am so excited that I did. As has been said before, one spray is enough, and I would reserve it for special occasions, like a night out on the town with your man. It is soapy, which I normally can't stand, but this is a classic soapy fragrance, which can remind perfumistas like myself why soapy can be enjoyable. The description on this site, that "The composition is based on contrasts: sweet and bitter, feminine and masculine," is wildly accurate and is part of the allure of the fragrance. Once your nose decides it is a sweet scent, it is suddenly bitter, when you feel it is very citrusy you get a whiff of musk. In this sense this fragrance keeps the smeller on their toes constantly. Incredibly classic and classy scent. Not to be used by the immature nose (I don't mean age here, but it is a scent to be appreciated by perfume lovers).

And how can one not die over the red velvet box? So perfectly fitting for this scent.

cinsot
cinsot

D&G found its way into my collection by default really. I had failed to stand my ground with a spectacularly aggressive sales person. I hastily purchased D&G as a means of escape from the clutches of this commission-yearning individual. Hence D&G has been sitting in my collection for a number of years with only one reluctant wearing under its belt.

That is until yesterday. Determined to conquer this difficult aroma I spritzed a tiny amount at my bosom and went off to work.

Well. A somewhat soapy but pleasantly aromatic aroma resonated from my centre all day much to my delight. I discovered the secret to succeeding with this one is to wear only the tiniest amount. My usual three squirts murdered D&G first time around, the frigid aldehydes invaded my olfactory singeing the nerve ends I'm sure.

Turns out the sales-gun may have been right about this one after all!

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Ah, yes, Passionata, I do understand exactly how You feel. I bought also red cap few times ago to have a backup bottle, and it was reformulated. I have my 50 ml, red cap and its quite old already, thinking to be maby something about 12 years. But yes, juice is perfect, classy, soapy, very feminine. Not reformulated red cap neither this new D&G for ladies ... they are so far away from the first one. I miss this scent too.

passionata20
passionata20

20. january 2013

i am sorry but this will not be a review of a fragrance, just a remark.
I guess it is a human nature to miss something that is out of reach. You know, this fragrance was with us for so many years and of course with all those hundreds of new editions yearly it probably has lost it´s audience, but let me tell you one thing: just today i realized how much i miss it, after going to the perfume shop and realizing that more than half of the modern perfumes (if not more) are mostly the same smelling and just so sweet and vanilla filled. Even Chanel, Guerlain and Dior has changed a lot. I undertsand, that they are following the trend, but what about all us, who don´t want to smell of marshmallows and vanilla? I guess i just have to stick with the "Eau de soir" by Sisley, probably the last mammouth on earth, that is still standing (not that it is similar to DG, but just one of the last standing classic scents out there). I am soooo glad, that this version of D&G is still available in the shops in my home country (even in EDP!!! which is extremly rare now and probably it is pre-reformulation) so next time i go there i will definitly buy bottle or two, just to keep a good memory of a good fragrance. I do also like the new edition of D&G, but this one is very different and a real class. Yes, it is soapy, yes i didn´t fully appreciated it when i was younger, however of all the other D&G scents THIS ONE was always my favorite of them all, even back then in my late sixteens and early twenties, when i didn´t know nothing about notes and compositions. Sadly the reformulation (I mean the reformulation of the original scent, not the reedition under the same name but different fragrance) has made it less appealing, but still i like it very much and i already miss it. Sigh. :(

P.S. Ah, yes, expect the prices for this one to be sky high soon!

P.P.S. The reformulated version of original formula lacks actually that black rectangle on a beautiful velvety box, - that the right one we´re looking for, with the black background. However the reformulation is also very good, just a bit more soapier and less richer! :)

UPDATE (30.april 2013) Now i finally have a bottle of original EDT and Parfum de Toilette in original formula. Oooooh, such an olfactory heaven it is! Happy to reunite with old friend.

brigita0315
brigita0315

Luxury,special and unique!i want back and back to this perfume,quite strong in firts hours what could make headache to many but then it opens with so tempation iresistable tones which make this perfume one of top 5:)very feminine!

amanda.mcgill
amanda.mcgill

assertive, bold and sophisticated. not to be trifled with. girly, effervescent and sweet are its antonyms. bitter orange blossom and soap dry down into aldehydic flowers. this is the scent of an expensive leather stiletto and a matte red lip. the wearer of this lip isn't laughing, crying, screaming or pouting. she's smirking. power and seduction bottled. seriously.

ann.sundwall
ann.sundwall

I bought this blind at Marshall's. I think I had it confused with D&G Pour Femme, one that is supposed to be very sweet. So it was something of a shock to be hit with an incredible wave of harsh, blinding soap. This is really the soapiest opening I have ever experiened.

But after half an hour or so, the soap tsunami recedes and the real scent comes out...and it is lovely. It rapidly began to remind me of something and then I realised that on my skin it is very close to Ivoire de Balmain, my favourite "sophisticated" scent. I just tried vintage Ivoire on one wrist and D&G on the other and after the dry-down they are very close, with D&G being just a little sweeter and "brighter".

I actually don't like very sweet, sugary scents, so I am very happy with D&G, but of the two, I prefer Ivoire.

cecyben
cecyben

Elegant, glamorous, very feminine, sophisticated ... it is a beauty in a bottle. I love too much this perfume !!! Good job Dolce & Gabbana !!!

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

I wanted to love this, but it did not work with my chemistry. It smelt beautiful on the tester strip, but on me it had an air of cat litter. Oh well, I guess I will admire from afar.

Janey1966
Janey1966

I would love to buy this fragrance again but it is very expensive. However, it has a very strong aroma, if memory serves. A work colleague of mine (since retired) practically followed me around the office whenever I wore it, so beware of this if you put too much on!

iset
iset

I love this one.

nadia11
nadia11

Too strong and overpowering for me.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

This is the B.O.M.B (it needs to be read ghetto style).

For me, this perfume is that cool chick with the perfect t*ts. She wears sexy, sassy, fitted but not slutty clothes.
She loves lace, velvet and leather, but lamb leather, in moderation!
Black, red, fuchsia and dark sequins are her neutrals. Perhaps with a bit of animal print, usually jsu accessorized though!

Her heels are high, her hair is black, she wears a fringe and her nails are always perfectly manicured.
As she arches her eyebrow Vivien Leigh-style, men forget to breathe, blush and turn into 17 year-old boys, incapable of making the even most macho pick-up line sounding good enough.

This person exists and I will forever associate this fragrance with her.

I love this perfume, but wearing it I feel like an impostor. A lovely smelling impostor....

Deefit
Deefit

An ex-girlfriend of mine once got this for Christmas and she wore it to dinner that night. I found this scent so disgusting, it made me really nauseous. And I am not exaggerating this, I couldn't stand being around that smell. It is the only perfume that I've had such a bad experience with in the last 10 years.

chain
chain

I just got myself two bottles of this gem!

celebrity89
celebrity89

Old fashioned and beautiful. Not too spicy. Not too sweet. Just delicious.

weegee
weegee

A true MUST HAVE for all lovers of aldehydes. Over the years I've discovered there's a variety of aldehydes that differ as broadly as the many varieties of patchouli and disliking one really gives no assurance that you won't fall madly in love with another.

Chanel No.5 and Or des Scythes are sweet, boozy, powdery aldehydes; Baghari is a bitter orange aldehyde; Ferre by Ferre ("bomb" bottle) is a flash-bulb bright aldehyde (and is the Empress of my collection); Sortilege is a silky-smooth green oriental aldehyde; Je Reviens (vintage) is a warm, baby-powder aldehyde; Calandre is a sharp, metallic aldehyde; Acte 2 and Amazing are sour, damp hay aldehydes; Topaze is a thick, honeyed, animalic aldehyde; Rare Gold is a resinous, ylang-heavy, oriental aldehyde; Wrappings is a wintery forest, piney aldehyde; Rive Gauche and Maitresse are "old rose" aldehydes; Caleche is an elegant, baby's-bottom-smooth leather aldehyde; First, Arpege and Madame Rochas are jewels, fur coat, night at the opera aldehydes; Galliano is a cloyingly sweet messy aldehyde... I could go on :)

While Ferre by Ferre is the Empress of my collection, D&G is most assuredly the Queen.

D&G "Red Cap" is simultaneously sunny-bright, velvety, mother's arms comforting, aristocratic, floral, woodsy, herbal and buttery. Yes, buttery in the same way Merlot is and other red wines are not. Rich, seamlessly blended, complex and extremely long-lasting. One of the few fragrances I own that fully embodies the concept of feminine elegance.

Love, love, love it! Grab yourself a bottle before it disappears or becomes ridiculously priced as discontinued fragrances always seem to do. By the way, 100ml tester bottles are widely available, come with the cap, (older ones have a complete listing of notes on the back) and are a bargain at around $50.00 USD. At that price you won't miss the velvety red box, believe me.

prLinchoccy
prLinchoccy

Finally, a blind-buy that HAS lived up to all the reviews.
I believe they have discontinued this perfume, which is a shame - Okay, it has to have the worst opening ever - talk about soapy! The first 10 minutes after applying, I felt as if I had accidentally eaten soap, I could taste it as well as smell it. But I'm sure they (the makers) could have got around the strange opening, maybe tweaked things a bit, instead of discontinuing the perfume altogether, as, believe me, the rest of the perfume is truly beautiful. Warm, sexy, enticing, slightly heavy - (but in a good way), familiar at times and yet SO different to all the other so -called sexy perfumes on offer at the moment.
A real winner imo.

Marianina*
Marianina*

Hard to describe it.Feminine,sexy,powerful..I love this fragrance!Too bad it's being discontinued,I hope we will be able to find it online maybe.My mom also used to wear it and it brings back childhood memories:') A must have for every woman,in my opinion.

kimberly1988
kimberly1988

They discontinued this in The Netherlands and they changed this perfume into a new version of it. Its an eau de perfume and very sweet. Discusting.
Why do they always have to change the original?

ladykicks
ladykicks

I love the dry down of this perfume, its the kind of perfume that leaves me sniffing my wrist all day.

mymlan

A couple of hours after I tried D&G Woman in a shop, I passed some kind of air condition in another shop, thinking "what is that beautiful smell?". I went back and thought that I would find a scented candle that I knew about, as the wonderful scent was familiar. I think I went back three times until I understood that the smell was I... wearing D&G woman :).

Cams
Cams

13 hours and still going strong! Feminine, powerful and sensual. A classic that will live on!

Soie
Soie

An interesting women's fragrance: it starts off bright and sweet but turns soapy, a little bitter, and quite woody within minutes of application. A bit metallic, herbaceous and masculine-smelling. Orange blossom, sandalwood and basil are the notes which are most noticeable to my nose.

Lakambini
Lakambini

Though created in 1992, it is to me a scent that conveys the essence of 80s style, more than the atomic florals that were actually worn in that era. It evokes the aloofness of Sean Young smoking a cigarette in "Blade Runner" minus the doomed indifference; the aldehydic beginning calls to mind the power and presence of Glenn Close in nearly all her movies. Red lips and high heels, cold smiles and a raging sexuality held in check.

diaspro42
diaspro42

sensual, strong, attractive .. Prevailing note of incense on my skin lasts many hours. It 'a very strong scent that leaves an impression on people and is suitable for a woman of character. E 'a perfume not for all .. but I would recommend it ...

Mushana
Mushana

the dry down is amazing!!!!!!! The opening notes were awful on my skin though...

Ouch!
Ouch!

I've been holding off writing a review for this perfume for so long because I love it THAT much..I just really can't find the words to express it.

Be still my heart...

It started in my late teens, my best friend's girlfriend Cathy used to wear this out with us when we would go clubbing and..from the first sniff I was hooked. Hooked on this absolutely luxurious feminine powder bomb! Back then I never really wore perfumes marketed for women and especially not something as bold as this beauty.

This is something oh so very special.

As I've got older..I've found myself craving this perfume so much that it has gone into my top 5 perfumes of all time. I simply..adore it.

It starts out with a bang..this could easily put someone off...it's quite a jumble of strong citrus notes and basil. It smells like an extremely expensive soap. If you are not a fan of soapy, still give it a chance because it reveals a lot more.. The aldehydes are prominent and give it a glamourous sparkle. This one REALLY needs to settle and warm up before it's true beauty is revealed (as i said)

After a while all the notes mesh and waft in a way that still makes me swoon..even after smelling it so many times on different people and myself. I just cannot get enough of it. It's powdery (as i said) but..ultra classy and feminine at the same time. Not baby powder.... sexy powder! It's extremely difficult to describe for me, I just know its a masterpeice.

Now I hear D&G are discontinuing it...booooo! I have ran out and bought myself 300mls of this to make sure I'll never be without it and am considering a fourth 100ml. (edit..I'm now on my fifth, I need to go on "hoarders"

This scent needs to be tried and used carefully to get the real feel of it. It's an absolute delight to wear and is a huge statement. Too much will knock people out....I'm only just becoming brave enough to wear it myself after all these years.

Oh Red Cap...you are breathtakingly beautiful...there is no other like you.

THIS IS PERFUME PERFECTION!

Migalex
Migalex

I quite like this one, although it is not one of my favourite ons. It is very well balanced, it is very opulent and powerful, has great silage and good staying power. It is a very oppulent perfume, what I like, quite exuberant, and has got a very good balance between the woodiness and the basil freshness, really remarkable. I find it the ideal choice for a night out. Also its scent is quite unique. Because I am not that fond of woody scents, there are many scents I like better than this one, but that does not stop me from condering this one a great perfume.

dagnytaggart
dagnytaggart

Fab scent, but very mature. Got to be careful how you're dressed when wearing this scent. It's also heavy. A no-no on hot days & in hot, humid climates. Great for cool fall & winter days & for indoor functions.

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

Very stylish ,sophisticated and unique scent .
Nothing sweet , nothing fresh here .
To my nose D&G red cap is the smell of money and luxury.

lucyreynolds81
lucyreynolds81

i absolutley LOVE this perfume, my ultimate number 1 of all time, been wearing it sinse 1998 & gutted to hear its getting disscontinued :-(

Repogirl
Repogirl

I tried this fragrance years ago and didn't like it. Even last year I probably would not have liked this as I tend to favor light, fresh, soapy scents. In search of something new to add to my collection, I decided to try it again.

First spray I literally said "wow" out load to myself. I was actually very shocked as it was stronger than I expected. But I kept sniffing myself and then within a minute, I was mezmerized., hooked, addicted, speechless. There is no way I can accurately describe what I smelled and the feelings the scent evoked. The best I can do is, to me, it smelled like sex in a bottle. This scent is so seductive, steamy, captivating.

I also typically don't go for heavy aldehyde scents but this is so masterfully crafted and blended, to me there is no other scent like this and yet it was released long ago. Bravo D&G.

scouserdog
scouserdog

Strong long lasting good sillage but I hate the scent all the way through. Much too aggressive for me and I would hate to be sitting next to anyone wearing it in a confined space.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

I had this in my collection in about 2008. I am pretty certain that every flight attendant on every plane I was ever on in the 1990's was wearing this popular scent. It is powerful, aggressive and soft at the same time. I wouldn't say it is a silage bomb, but it lingers quietly and leaves a nice trail for certain. I think this is a quality scent, but it didn't feel like "me" whenever I sprayed it on. I felt like I smelled like someone else. Most fragrances I own that work well with my skin are ones that I can barely detect but that other people comment on. It is a beauty! Don't pass this oldie but goodie by! Cheers!

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

A beautiful woman with an aura of independence and elegant sexuality is walking over an Italian piazza where the shops have the doors open and the scents of spices, citric fruits and the smell of heavy florals in bloom is surrounding her. Men look and admire her as she confidently walks on to meet her lover for a cozy tête à tête in a cafe. That is the feeling this pretty D & G perfume conveys.

It opens up with a blast of cinnamon spiced citric fruits that smell fresh in a spicy way. Then the florals open up and add a soapy and super comfy sense to this aura of beautiful smell.

It's fresh and heavy at the same time. A wonderful signature scent and a confidence booster. Great for that special date when you want to stand out from the crowd and make a statement. Or just because you want to smell differently from the mainstream.

The silage is : "I am strong and unusual but oh so pretty" -- Longevity is wonderful, on me 8+ hours of intoxicating Italian beauty. Sample on skin before purchase because this one can cause problems on some chemistries.
Good luck! : )

Lotto.Lupus
Lotto.Lupus

Just one line: classic, chic, classy, feminine. :-)

Lushylori
Lushylori

Very Complex fragrance...At first I was like huh?????? but now I'm like MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! :)
I like that its unique considering that so many perfumes smell the same these days.
I love the herbal spicy smell.
I hope to own this one soon after I just tested it today.
I like how the layers drydown.Very pleasing to my nose :)

You know what goes through my head when I smell this? That song, "Sex bomb, sex bomb, you're a sex bomb..."

Oh my goodness, is this ever a floral aldehyde?! The aldehydes smack you in the face so loudly that they are unmistakable. Having bought this perfume blindly, I was worried it would not grow on me.

As it developed, it reminded me of laundry detergent--soft, powdery, slightly floral. I wasn't super happy to be describing a classic D&G fragrance this way, one that so many people refer to as their favorite scent of all time. Still, I wanted to give it a chance.

As it continued to dry down, it seduced me with every sniff of the wrist. What's in there now? Honey-scented powder? There was also a clean, green, herbal note, which remained inconspicuous throughout. As it wafted to my nose from time to time, I found it to be an extremely sexy, feminine scent. The irony is that the perfume smells a bit masculine, as the herbal notes are reminiscent of a typical men's fougere cologne. Perhaps this is what gives the perfume its unique touch and what elevates it to the level of "sexy"--like wearing your boyfriend's favorite shirt. Very sexy in an understated way, and somehow very Italian.

Also!! Two men definitely turned their heads when I walked by. Was it my beautiful face, my sexy figure, or just my perfume? Considering I had just rolled out of bed, threw my hair in a bun, dressed in sweats, and wasn't wearing any makeup, I suspect it was the D&G. The other reviewers are right--this perfume is a MAN MAGNET! ;)

Sing it with me: Sex bomb, sex bomb, you're a sex bomb...Baby you can turn me on.

Sashie
Sashie

This is another perfume that can appreciated not only for its complexity, but also its uniqueness. I guess according to DG women don't need to smell girly, as this is very strong, I don't know others like it. I hope it doesn't get discontinued, if that's what they are planning to do.

PinkLotus

And this will be my one of favourite gonna get it so soon

PinkLotus

Test this today , I falling in love with it, so sexy smell

clarissaml
clarissaml

My signature fragrance. Just amazing!! It's femenine, sexy and elegant! But, like all scents, it doesn't smell like heaven on everybody. But when it does..... it's a Master Piece!

zoe.knap
zoe.knap

My mum has this, and usually i like them on her, but i really HATE this, its awful and vile! So strong and the notes together just dont smell right :/

ANGELICA07
ANGELICA07

PLEASE DOLCE E GABBANA, DO NOT REFORMULATE THIS GEM, PLEASE DO NOT RUIN THIS PIECE OF PERFUMERY ART, ONE OF THE VERY BEST FRAGRANCES IN THE WHOLE WORLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-( :-( :-( :-(

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

Forgive the dumbfounded look on my face but from our first meeting, I am in love with this perfume. Has some similar notes to Samsara by Guerlain.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

One of my all time favorite fragrances. Only one spray does it... and you smell great all day.

This perfume makes me feel so confident when I wear it.

On my skin it's aldehydes, basil, a touch of freesia and carnation. It smells like a gorgeous basil floral soap. I love it.

Gigifst

Oh i forgot, i'v the eau de parfum.

Gigifst

The 1st 15 secs are heavy, but after that i get one of the most amazing frags i'v ever smelled. LOVE IT

rania89
rania89

what a nice smell...bring me so many memories...it is heavy and strong smell although

sharyssa
sharyssa

I found a 1.7 oz bottle of this at marshalls for $29.99 I bought it and after spraying I took it right back in the store and exchanged it for an ed hardy love n luck 3.4 oz gift set now that I exchanged it I want it back!!!!!!!!! I can smell it on my shirt and I like it idk what to do afterall it is designer and hard to find for 30 dollars I can't afford both right now too many bills but maybe I will go back and get it? I know it was authentic it had the velvety box and I think someone put a marshalls sticker on it and returned it I don't think it was originally from their stock because the sticker looked a lil dirty like it had been placed on the box idk but hopefully they have it when I go back to the store and I am going to check tjmaxx too and if they have it then it was from the stock shipment. I was a lil hesitant to keep it because I am wondering why someone would return a brand new dolce n gabbana fragrance for 30 dollars? unless they seen something else they wanted and didn't want the dolce n gabbana they had sitting on their dresser or a gift they wanted to get rid of? who knows but it was a good price.

CIOGHIUZEL

Not every1 can wear this!
Night scent
All u need is 1-2 squirts
And sexy is written all over u!

jujujulie
jujujulie

My all time favorite perfume besides "Angel". My husband LOVES this one on me. On my skin this perfume smells just like "Aviance Night Musk", one of my favorite perfumes from the "80's".
I have gone through 3 bottles of this perfume and I get tons of compliments. ;)

I.I
I.I

Lovely lovely lovely!
To my nose it smells like chamomile tea with rose and a slightly woody note! I like aldehydes but they turn very harsh on me, well, I don't smell aldehydes in this perfume.
Someone mentioned Autan products:
We use Autan in Greece too and there is no relation IMHO between the two of them. Autan is very harsh and repulsively citric (antimoscito products), this perfume is soft and sensual. It must be sprayed with a light hand though and it is also very long lasting. I find it very feminine, romantic, joyfull.
A mature scent mostly. :)

On me, this smells like the most beautiful soapy floral. The rose is the most noticeable. I absolutely love it. The aldehydes and floral notes are so perfectly blended, this is a masterpiece.

Cashmere4ever
Cashmere4ever

Spray sparingly….it's all you'll need to release this exotic fragrance that will last all day!

cathy.halk
cathy.halk

I am sure such an amazing perfume as this one ,will always uncover beautiful memories of the past.I keep wondering if those charismatic persons who create it read reviews like the one below. I am sure they should be very proud .And this is eternity to me.To be able to hold your memories of the past just smelling a scent and release them into your future.

boruvka44
boruvka44

This stuff is so powerful. My nose is probably getting burnt from all the perfumes, but this! Man, one spritz is enough for ever, plus monster sillage.
A bar of de luxe white soap, nothing old fashioned or sharp, the kind you put in a drawer with lingerie. Marigold, lightly sweet tonka and sandal wood, a LOT of coriander. All that, trying hard to cover the massive amount of musk, smelling like... D&G think womans fragrance should smell like - vagina. They could have named it P*rno.
Musky, warm, creamy spicy, soft scent. But the strenght is amazing! (for EDT?!) Same as Sicily - Monica Bellucci is perfect for the advert :o)

biniways
biniways

I remember first noticing D&G on a lovely air hostess somewhere between Jacksonville and Atlanta, in 2001 - it was a true revelation to me. I started wearing it in the hot and humid Atlanta clime, where it worked fantastically - unlike many lighter or more summery fragrances this wonderful combination has the depth of an oriental and the cleanness of a white floral perfume. It works fantastic in the heat, I love the sensual hint of vanilla and tonka balanced by the citrusses. It can be worn day and night - it exudes different aspects at different times, or even at the same time. So it is not too sexy for the office and not too clean and save for the evening. This subtlety makes it stand out!

caryyy
caryyy

ok...I read your reviews, I tried this for about 4 times befor buying it, and it feeld so special, so different, so strong, so powdery...but after I baught it, and it wasn t very cheep, I try it each day and nothing ever changes, it s just so borring, nice, but nothing more. Nothing like No 5, Obsession, of other intriguing aldehyde fragrances. This perfume doesn t have middle base and top notes, IT S JUST ALL THE SAMe every hour, it just sweet aldehyde nothing bitter...and all soapy creamy and powdery. The conclusion It s just not special ...and I don t know how to deal with it..I m thinking over and over again to give it to someone or to keep it if it would be possible to change my mind...evin now I smell it It s nice, but not delicious pffffff:(

yardenbee
yardenbee

I wore this religiously until it was everywhere. An old favourite, and smells so clean :D

This is probably the first perfume released by the famous "royal" couple of fashion!
It was ubiquitous then and I never liked it.
It was a strange mix of vanillic notes mingled with pungent and powdery chemicals.
The notes listed sound so good, but the final perfume is not to my nose. That's probably because it smelled too masculine and sharp and I didn't like to have that smell on myself. A friend of mine wore it devotely and I got used. It was not too bad on her. Then I lost that friend and got rid of "red cap" too.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A mature, classic masculine scent which has good longevity...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-1 Hours- 1.5 foot of strong projection. For me, this is a mature, soapy, barber shop male scent, so it is suprising to see it marketed as a female frag. It is harsh and bitter on the nose, and is dated and has a heavy damp feel. Ages 60 - 80. Not to my personal taste

1 hour - 4 hours - Linear scent. 1.5 foot projection, not as strong as before, but still good projection

4 hours - 7 hours - 6 inch strong projection. Intense on the skin.

7 - 9 Hours. No projection. Same smell as above but becomes more dillued scent and a little easier on the nose.

Good Longevity and will possibly appeal to the lover of classic smells, but not for me

Gazelle Ladani
Gazelle Ladani

my 12 years long lovely favourite one n will be!

hlhenderson
hlhenderson

This was my Sunday perfume in the 90's but I became allergic to it and as of 1998 developed a rash anywhere I put it. Too bad. It has a special, dignified scent.

carpedentum
carpedentum

I bought this as a blind buy and unfortunately neither my fiance or I can stand it. I couldn't help but wonder if it was a counterfeit, but judging by the store I bought it from I think it's just not a scent for me, even though I wanted to like it.

The scent is very heavy and cloying, the first note I smelled was musk and it was very overpowering and over time the smell makes me a bit headachey, even though I can wear some very strong perfumes.

I would definitely recommend smelling this before you buy it, no matter what you're expecting to get.

sofababe
sofababe

This is the only fragrance with aldehydes that I can really put up with. Thankfully this one doesn't give me a headache as most aldehydic fumes do.
Womanly, powdery and soft but at the same time powerful with incredible staying power and very good sillage.

paulie86
paulie86

I picked this fragrance as my christmas gift to myself after wanting it for sometime. D&G is definitely not what I expected, after reading lot's of reviews I thought this would be a strong in your face fragrance but it's actually the complete opposite.

The opening is tart and citrusy with strong green and floral notes in the background. The aldehydes are actually pretty tame almost non noticeable but they give D&G a touch of soapiness and boosts the brightness of the citrus notes. As D&G dries down and moves onto the middle notes the scent turns very creamy and slightly powdery with vanilla and musk but still retains the underlying freshness of the citrus which gives D&G a gourmand quality that makes it smell like lemon cookies lol

Overall D&G has her strong moments as well as her soft. D&G smells very Italian in it's making; It's casual but still an extremely elegant and sophisticated fragrance.

Sillage and longevity are okay I feel like it wears close to the skin and I had to touch up a few times through out the day. I wish D&G was a little more heavy and long lasting but you could definitely wear this fragrance year around but would be perfect for spring or summer. Plus the velvet box and the bottle itself are gorgeous. Don't let the negative reviews scare you I think everyone should try this one it's soft and feminine not over powering at all. We haven't had an immediate connection yet but I think D&G will be one of my friends for life lol

Decodawn
Decodawn

A very strong, rather overpowering fragrance

mymlan

I had no plans to buy D&G until I read Mimmis review and decided to retest it. And yes there is carnation and marigold! I find it a useful and beautiful light/bright floriental because the spices comes out nicely on my skin. There are aldehydes in the top notes, but very pleasant ones. Instead of smelling like laundry detergent, I get a bubble bath note for the first ten minutes, which makes me think about childhood.

This is not a "safe" scent IMHO, rather flirtatious, which is why I like it a lot ;). The projection is medium and it has an immense staying power, which makes it in all good purchase.

liverpool2sex
liverpool2sex

I love this fragrance and wear it quite often (and even to work) When you first spray the perfume it is quite strong and you may think No Way can I wear this too work! BUT!!!! Give it 5-10 mins to dry down and sink into your skin, clothes and hair (yes I spray fragrance in my hair and also on my clothes as well as my skin as it lasts longer especially in a warm office! A little squirt on my wrist pulse points and another little spray on my hair and then another on my clothes near my decollete and another little spray near my stomach on my clothes) Once 5-10 mins have passed by you get the sensual, exotic evoking musk and tonka bean and also the sweetness of the vanilla and a slight flowery waft at the same time. It is a very sensual fragrance and makes you feel confident at the same time (wear it in the boardroom and no-one will mess with you! Lol)For the evening it seems to take a life of it's own and walk past someone and it will make them notice you but NOT in "Wow that perfume is strong and stinks" but in a "Wow that smells gorgeous and what is she wearing" You will have males and females saying that smells lovely what is it? The best thing also with this fragrance is it will last ALL day from first thing in the morning till you leave in the evening at work and will not have to spray it again at work (unless after work you are going out then it would be good to have a little spray) By the end of a days work you will still be able to smell the fragrance and it is a lovely musky slightly flowery but not flowery fruity fragrance on yourself which is lovely and still has the exotic lift. I love this fragrance and think it is well worth the money due to the fact it lasts ALL day also and does not smell cheap or is offensive to others day or evening. xxx

First 10 minutes its strong and a little sticky, then it softens down to a wonderful, intensive woman'ish scent. For the woman who wants to be noticed. Less is more - spray carefully and you will smell fantastic for many hours.

De första 10 minuterna är doften skarp, nästan lite stickig, sen mjuknar den ner till en varm kvinnlig doft. En doft för kvinnan som är van att vara medelpunkt. Lite är tillräckligt av denna, spreja försiktigt och du doftar fantastiskt i många timmar. Sitter otroligt bra på huden.

livingdedgrl
livingdedgrl

this was bought for me by mistake....i asked for another bottle of Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue one year from Christmas, but was given this instead. I am not a fan but I will wear it on occasion. I can say that this will stay for hours if not a day!

zabica
zabica

A true true aldehyde! If you're not fond of strong representatives of this group, you better skip it.

For me, at first this was a shocker - my first aldehyde ever tried. It was so soapy, so synthetic, so not right. Tried it in the perfumery and left. I was so disappointed and repelled by it. And then .. the magic happened! My jacket sleeve apparently had some of this perfume on it, since I accidentally sprayed it. It smelled for week or more! Each and every time more pleasant to my nose.

Overall - I bought it and it's so sexy, so long lasting, such an Italian bomb of a perfume. So soapy, so make-up like, so seductive and original. It draws compliments and has a great aura, it's one of these old-school EDTs that are sooo, soo strong. Very unique, very provocative, a bit cheap and dirty, which I like in a perfume. Not your everyday, office perfume. In its case - less is more, so don't overdo it, since it may come a bit harsh if you do. Recommendation!

bobkat
bobkat

This perfume will get a reaction whenever you wear it, some will hate it whilst others will love it. It is powerful, heady and distinctive...even non-perfume buffs can recognise it from several paces!I always think of it as one of the 80's power perfumes, right beside Poison and Opium. Good news is that a very tiny spray will last all day, drying down to a much more comfortable strength after a couple of hours...the latter stages are so lovely that you have to consider putting up with the initial brashness in order to get to the softer side!

beatrix75

o yes its time for red one exactly like the chanel 5 but the undertone its much beter(modern) sorry chanel lovers but thats how i feel

Fragaria

I've already given my "In LOVE" review but I hafta just comment quickly. Some have said it's not a summer perfume. I have found myself using this, not on a 90 degree day with horrible humidity mind you, but often during the summer on clear breezy dry 80 degree days. The wind and this scent puts me in Italy! Perhaps I have vivid imagination, but it works for me! I love smelling it in the breeze when hanging laundry outside. DO try in the summer, it just might work for you!

SheShe
SheShe

I like the smell. I can sniff tobacco in here :) And as I'm not a fan of aldehydes, the scent is an exception. They can be felt easily and they are in a quite big dose, but... what I like the most in the scent is tobacco and the feeling of... king's (or queen's) throne! Really, I can see a throne in red and gold and I can smell velvety, thick fabric the throne is made of. I also can sniff something like a chair from museum? But all in all the scent is sexy, dominant - a sexy woman in her 30's or just before 30.

You can feel the fragrance is a bit out of date, but only a tiny bit. It's strong and I see it more as a one, not many elements.

takeasniff
takeasniff

I just got this and it smells like a mans luxury soap or Imperial Leather Soap or Maroussia perfume. It is a soapy, woody, musky smell but I think it has been done just nicely enought that even if you don't personally like it, you wouldn't think someone wearing it smells like a man or like a cheap soap. Lasts and lasts. Not good on hot day as I learnt the hard way!!

jellybeantree

@renperd I have the same problem! I love your review. She doesn't like me either and I keep hoping one day it will change.

renperd
renperd

This singes your eyebrows after it has rendered you anosmic to everything else. I've been proposing love to this baby for a long time, but she responds with cruel rejection without fail. I simply don't do it for her, and she won't be tamed anyway. The carnation destroys me with every attempt at making friends. Just much too much...

alexanna7
alexanna7

dolce gabbana is one of my signature scent! I love it! The tangerine makes a big entrance and stay throught all the fragrance.the marigold,rose,orange flower,lily,jasmine make a sensuous blend that last throught out the fragrance!the tonka,vanilla,sandal wood makes the most sensual base ever! Those who loves:feminity,sensuality,richness,opulence in a perfume should definitly add this one to their collection!those who loves:organza,tocade,bijan,teatro della scala,fendi,cinema,casmir,ho la la,coco should try this one! Love dolce gabbana!

Soutty123
Soutty123

This perfume makes me sick. I really hate. I was on a train yesterday and a woman got on who was wearing it and I really wanted to move but there were no seats elsewhere.

I love Obsession, Coco, Must de Cartier and Spellbound so it's not that I only like light and airy fragrances. I just hate this one, something about it gets right up my nose.

beatrix75

stil i love this red beauthy!!!

miahreis
miahreis

A while back I went to Perfumania and smelled this for the first time, and was struck by how strong it was, but at the same time, it was intriguing. Being 23, I thought it was a mature scent and decided to get another perfume. I went on Fragrantica and read reviews on this, and thought I'd give it another try. I went back to perfumania with two girlfriends, and sprayed it on myself. At first the only thing I could think of is that it kind of has the same sharpness as Opium, and wanted to wash it off. But the lady said to wait about 15 minutes and see how it smells after it settled. I'm glad she did, because once it settled on my skin and blended with my chemistry, it was a beautiful, creamy vanilla smell that I just adore! It almost reminds me of a root beer float, which might sound weird, but it does! OMG this will definitely be a staple in my winter/fall scents. YAY!!

Awatef
Awatef

This reminded me of chanel#5
way way stronger but onces it cools its keeper

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

ufff... a bunch of mashed twigs. Walking woodland.
I really hate this scent, too strong, woody, a bunch of still life.

On the first spray I thought I would get incense from it and sprayed it on my wrist. It turned out to be very very strong and very very soapy. No incense or anything I like at all. To me this is just "big soap".

anniebeck
anniebeck

I love this ...it lasts and is a very unusual smell...gets comliments

Angel10
Angel10

TOO MUCH TOO MUCH TOO MUCH!!!!
And I love the Big Girls!
Hurts my nose.
My hubby likes it, but my nose doesn't hurt for nobody.

I actually bought this one because I loved the smell of it on someone else, but this one goes CRAZY on my skin!

I didn't realize it has so many notes in common with Obsession. I much prefer Obsession.

PS. I wish the perfumes to the left actually were actually SIMILAR in smell; Obsession is not even listed, and this one smells NOTHING like COCO, which is listed at the top!

Time for a re-do!I SO wish they had a 'scent twin' section....the have really made this site FANTASTIC, but the similar scents are often/usually quite off.

This one reminds me of Lady Stetson as well, but I prefer the LS much, much more! Softer, creamier, and without the ouch!

I'll bet it smells great at the 5 hour mark, but I cannot wait THAT long!

jajah
jajah

So So strong perfume!!

preciouzgem
preciouzgem

Too strong for my taste. Although I must say, it gets softer and stays on you all day. I would prefer this perfume if it had the lighter smell only.

Mimmi
Mimmi

A rare and succesfull combination of soapy, kinky and cuddly.
My favorite part is the opening where the aldehydes takes the green basil & coriander for a ride made juicy by the mandarine. Wow! Should I faint I would wake up happy if this was put under my nose.
I too find the heart a floral "soap", but the kick is the carnation and the marigold which makes it lightly spiced and interestingly lively. Some of the carnation prevails and adds personality to the cuddly tonka-vanillic drydown. To my personal taste, the base is a little too sweet - but still its interesting with the musky vibe in this cuddly setting.
Bottom line: a well made sensual and complex modern update of the floral aldehyde. Cold be a forerunner to recent years floral-ambers in some of its qualities, but then the vibe of it's musk and the carnation & herbs makes this one far more intriguing.
Good longetivity, medium but much complimented sillage.

mariaraluca
mariaraluca

it is like chanel 5, or love it or hate it. aldehides are not for everyone;s tastes. wherever i went, everybody recocnized it and loved it. maybe is my body;s chemestry. but i looooooove this scent. i use it for evening or winter days.

Siv55
Siv55

Exactly like soap. Nice soap, expensive hotel soap, but soap none the less. Belongs in the category I call tramp perfumes, meaning that they just smell like having a wash in a bottle, and who would need that, other than a tramp? And any tramp needing a home more than soap smell in a bottle! I thought I would like this from a lot of the reviews and judging by the notes in it, but there is just one note and that is SOAP!! >:(

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

A friend of mine used to wear this on evenings out and she always smelled so good- she was a man magenet, although she probably would have been, whatever she wore. Any way it prompted me to get my own bottle, and although I don't think it is as sexy on me I absolutely love it! It is a very unique smell, the only similar one I have tried is the original John Galliano scent.

This scent is a very warm, and heavy floral but it also has a clean soapyness to it too. The initial spray on has a sharpness which quickly evaporates to leave a feminine scent which has a masculine twist to it too.

Not to everyones taste- think you will love it or hate it.

kikinha
kikinha

I didn't remember this scent being so soapy! LOL I have mixed feelings about it now... somedays I like, somedays I don't... I might just give it to my mom just in case.

Dolce & Gabbana D&G has a decidedly perfumey quality to it: strong, aldehydic, complex and soapy. These to me are all virtues in a perfume, particularly in an olfactory universe being slowly taken over from the one side by shampoo and hairconditioner frags and from the other by insubstantial sugar spray solutions.

I definitely understand the advocates of D&G, given its obvious virtues. I happen to prefer my aldehydes in a clear, crystalline, transcendent form best exemplified by CALECHE and WHITE LINEN extrait. D&G offers, in contrast, a somewhat muddied aldehydic note, and the soap, too, actually seems somehow dirty. But I think that preferences in aldehydes are very subjective, and so I'd say that anyone who can tolerate them at all should give this creation a chance. It's not really for me, but I respect it for what it is.

beatrix75

absolutely you have rigt its just amazing and i dont understend vhy if somebody its so negativ like klee vhy even write about????

TamTam
TamTam

Absolutely my favorite from D&G! It's vintage and modern at the same time. Suitable for 25+, not for teens. Very classy and chic. It's really strong and when I apply it, it often give me headache... But I don't mind! I love the orangy notes and the sandalwood. Staying power is amazing, I can't stop using this one!

P.S. If you're looking for something similar to this one you definitely have to try SOPRANI 2. Almost the same profume, just not so strong as D&G! Amazing!!!

Fragaria

I got this yesterday! There are no words to describe the level of love for this scent. Horribly strong if applied wrong so KEEP AWAY from little girls that play dress up in mommy's room! I can see how one would not like this scent if even once, they got a full blast. To even test this, I sprayed it on my knee and left it to see how I would smell if someone were to stand near me. That's approximatley how far a person near me would have their nose...respectably! One spray is perfect I'd say around your mid section. I think any closer to your nose would bother YOU, more so than the person next to you. They would still get that delightfully sexy sexy warm inviting smell. I'd say this is a forever scent. This is the clean laundry of perfumes, never ever outdated, for clean laundry will always and forever smell good, and so will this. This is the red velvet and lace of a victorian age. I want to kiss the nose that found delight in this when created. Thankyou Mr. Nose.

Lady Love
Lady Love

Everyone seems to hate this but i like it..

Extremely soapy and vanilic. This is definately a fragrance that not all can wear.

To my nose it smells like a intense vanilla with a hint of musk, and the slightest touch of spice.

This is very strong with amazing sillage, don't overapply for any reason, so this one is best dabbed.

Galya
Galya

La vecchia versine di questo profumo e' molto forte e tenace,un paio di spruzzi si sente molto bene e per 6 ore circa edt. In finale non so perche sento una note animalesca stranamente. Pero' lo uso solo per uscire,per una serata al centro ,o per qualche occasione speciale,non per tutti giorni!

beatrix75

it is a strong sweet very ultra feminine fume on my skin its more citrus-sweet anyvay i like tooo much!!!

zecheiroso

Top ****
Heart ****
Base ***
Final score ***

The good
I actually kinda enjoyed this floral, that's unusual.
I thought there was sandalwood and enjoyed that a lot but it seems I was mistaken.

The bad
It's still nothing special IMO and I wouldn't buy it.

The ugly
A bit restricted to nighttime as it smells slightly formal and dated.

laoonatic
laoonatic

I heard so much about this perfume and I was so excited to try it, I almost thought of buying it without testing it. Thank's God I didn't because, even though trying so hard to like it, I just can't, on my skin it is horrible and it makes me sick. The thing is I get the same effect from Poison and No. 5, there's something about these perfumes that just won't work on me, at least for now. I may try it again in a couple of years, but at least for now, from me it's a "no". Such a pity...

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

This perfume is pure passion in a bottle.It has a freshness about it and the notes change from floral to sweetness and then slightly herbal. It is difficult to describe but the notes constantly change teasing and surprising you. A very sexy perfume, strong, and beautiful. A classic.

romrom
romrom

I find it to be pretty sophisticated and unique,it's a great fragrance for the office ( just remember to use only one spritz). If you're looking for something clean-smelling, seductive and classy scent, this is the one .

lovefragrance
lovefragrance

When I first tried this I thought it was overpoweringly too sweet but after a few hours it is mesmerising. One of my favourites, a classic, just beautiful, strangely mysterious and bewitchingly sweet. Love it.

cmmarti3
cmmarti3

This is the perfume that opened me up to the entire floral aldehyde group of fragrances. I find it difficult to describe because it's complex and sharp. I think each layer of this fragrance is sharp in a different way. It reminds me of New York City. Opera, Broadway, getting dressed up and running around town in stilettos. It's as classy as they come.

Fragaria

I didn't know anything of this perfume until I smelled it on a young college girl and thought it was the best scent! It must be a perfect match for her because it didn't smell anything that would not appeal to anyone. I tried it in the mall one day and first place I went I got a compliment. I know that you only need one light mist to walk through so maybe if you've used more than that, it might be annoying then? I love it so much I WANT to bathe in it though! I get this comforting red candy licorice scent and I don't know what mixture in this perfume makes that scent but I'm getting a bottle. I'll make sure to only ever use one spray so I don't ever annoy someone from this scent. I can't wait to get this!

Trvevil
Trvevil

"Wet Rat" - Exquisite Gravestench.
This is the rare case of perfume not fitting with my skin or is it as horrible on others? I might overreact with 'horrible', but there's my story:

Once upon a time I read about D&G. It was really cool by description, all the ladies out there with current niche wardrobes were running around in their youth years with this lingering from their skins...

Now. After a year or so knowing this I find a tester bottle and try it!
~
I quite rarely can describe first seconds of opening, so that is that. Almost instantly aldehydes hit my nose. Woo! D::! These are harsh! Strong, and smelling of old, cheap soap. No way a lady wants to smell like that. I thought. Later soap left and heart is... a bit like wet rat + Avons Far Away. x.x no, thanks. [P.s. 'wet rat' smell is ftw xD]

Actually, there is a perfume I consider an upgrade on this, it is '2 by Luciano Soprani'. Actually this Soprani was released a year earlier on the Italian market than D&G. I have them both and love them both.

guest_Miss Delicious
guest_Miss Delicious

D&G red cap is a very strange and unique fragrance. Not sweet. Hard to describe. Nothing smells similar only the much sweeter SICILY).
It can smell very cheap on the wrong lady - and posh, smart & clever on the right woman. Ultra-strong scent and staying power. Clean, warm, masculine/feminine and "soapy". Use it with a light hand.

jellybeantree

When I first tried this fragrance I was like wooah this is strong and potent ! After 15 min it softens
and is very woody and spicey, I like the soapiness of it. Nice!

cisco
cisco

Review on EDT:

I just received my vintage bottle and I love this fragrance. It is hard for me to imagine anything in the 90's being vintage. Perhaps it was reformulated after the 90's. I suspect some of the dealers call anything old vintage. All I know is this is a very grown up scent and smells a little spicy....which I love. For those of you that dislike strength in fragrances, you might want to stay away. This is strong sillage wise and lasts a long time.

guest_gagitza
guest_gagitza

Someone gave it to me as a gift few years ago. I didn't like the scent and didn't use it. Then, I went on a trip and carry it. Everybody asked me what is it. It is very strong, but on my skin it smells different. I feel luxurious and like a millionaire when I m wearing it. Ideal fragrance for royalty ! :D

Casi
Casi

For about ten years, this has been a favorite in my Mom's collection. Despite how amazing D&G has always smelled on my lovely Mom, I have only recently started wearing this. Throughout my teens and into my mid-twenties, my fragrance choices were nice, pretty, light and girly. Until the past few years, I played it "safe" with most of my perfumes. For certain, I steared clear of aldehydes out of some sort of irrational fear that I wouldn't smell "sweet" or "young." I have finally evolved to a point where I aspire to smell like the confident, unique, elegant woman that I am. I have grown to admire, appreciate and enjoy the brightness of aldehydes. In D&G, the aldehydes add just the right amount of sparkle to the slightly green, lush floral heart. The moderately-warm base adds just a touch of soft sweetness.

Additionally, I detect an ever-so-slight similarity to my favorite D&G creation, Sicily. I suspect that both have a nearly identical aldehyde composition, resulting in a most perfect soap-like crispness. The sillage and longevity is exceptional, as most EDTs fail to impress me. D&G unfolds slowly. As it warms to my skin, this solid, balanced perfume leaves me satisfied.

xs
xs

Very annoying smell. Can't stand it at all. I cannot even describe it, just say that it is a blend of overpowering disturbing mish mash.

ojosverdes

This is growing on me and is becoming one of my favorites. My cousin gave it to me cause she didn't want it anymore. I can't get get enough of this stuff. It becomes like my own skin with hits of sweet. It smells so good like expensive soap great for the summer days and it last so long. I love it.

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

D&G is one of my most favorites, and it really helped me open up and branch out into Floral Aldehyde scents. it just has a little bit of everything... spice, freshness, sweets. in addition, it lasts. my pillow always smells of it. the 90s definitely had some intense and interesting scents, and this belongs on that list. i'm a little afraid to mention this, but D&G has a feel to it that reminds me of Giorgio too.

Sissi
Sissi

Floral Aldehydes for a modren crowd when you think of a aldehyde perfume you think of a granny scent not with this this perfume this one can balance between
vintage and the modren it sweetins the
the aldehydes with freesia and marigold
to appeal to modren women but it also
adds basil ivy coriador and sandalwood to add to a nostaligic zeiltgeist.
it's spicy but not intrusive.

i whould be picturing on a sunday mass circa 1950's Italy where women all wear white conservativly and men with their sunday but conservative best suits but suddenly the church doors open and to everyone shock dismay a beautiful woman tall slender with short black hair and dark skin wearing a bright cherry red
form fitting dress with a red hibiscus in her hair walks slowly to the pews and sat down and everyone gasped. or
i think of Margo Channings in
All About Eve in all about eve this whould be a perfect scent for her a diva of a perfume just next to chanel no 5.

Vanillaprincess
Vanillaprincess

A couple of years ago, my friend used to wear this one. Although, we were sixteen that time, it worked quite well with her body chemistry. On her it smelled very creamy, and sweet, I could't smell any of the flowers. It reminded me of a velvet scarf, in which you can wrap yourself, when winter comes.
Recently, I bought a new perfume, and a little sample of this came with her, as a gift. I tried it, for the sake of the memories, but oh, my God! On my skin it smelled like old soap with a hint of vanilla under it. It was very sharp and stinky, and gave me a headache. Too bad, I had great memories about it.

ojosverdes

I've been wearing it for a few days now and I like it. It is strong at first but it dries down to a clean powdery soft soapy smell. It's a bit masculine it almost smells like cologne at first. To me the dry down smells like Sicily very similar indeed but I think DG last longer! I like it when I get tired of sweet perfumes. I'm slowly falling in love with this perfume, this definitively grows on you!

Tomira
Tomira

I can't find anything good about this perfume. It smells like some expired washing up liquid. I can't help it, I can't stand this scent.

guest_D
guest_D

Unique, strong, beautiful fragrance full of passion and self confidence.

secretcrush
secretcrush

A lil goes a long way(in a good way of course,lol)!!!

rithacha
rithacha

A kind of obnoxious commotion at first (in the way of most oriental-aldehydic-florals of the time), but don't judge it until 15 minutes in. D&G EDT is not to be confused with the loud 80s florientals that sing bawdily and can-can about your nose from the second of application until they finally come off; I think D&G marks the transition period from that time of un-subtlety to the milder fragrances we have today.

The aldehydes are not big and obvious a la No.5 or Arpege, but add a nice soapy perfumey smell. The flowers carry the composition beautifully. Very sweet, sun-ripened, and jammy with nectar and pollen and much flowery things. Not in a honeyed gourmand way, but highly FEMINIME, natural, and just-right. This sweetness is expertly set off with a light douse of green and spices. The coriander in this makes D&G mature and unique. Edgy, even, in a sophisticated manner of a socialite trend-setter. The spice carries through to the luxurious base, which on my skin is dominated by vanilla.

D&G is potent and long-lasting, with top notes that stick around, a prolonged heart, and a base that doesn't want to come off your skin. I wouldn't recommend this to a floral hater, but don't let the "aldehyde" in the classification throw you off if you dislike aldehydes (they're very quiet and well-blended).

Edit: I've been wearing this for a few days now, and I'm discovering new things; the opening reminds me of Boucheron with aldehydes. And there's something deep down hours into the base that smells like sour B.O. (no, I don't mean Black Orchid lol). This is not working out for me, unfortunately.

This is one of my favourite perfumes! I have adored it for decades!!

guest_alexanna7
guest_alexanna7

My signature scent!love that my perfume project like insence...all my perfumes are inspire from dg.love rose and vanilla.and love tangerine on top note.just a beautiful woman perfume.sensual sexy confident woman.dark skin and black hair wears it better.mwahrvellous!

cinamatic
cinamatic

This perfume is wonderful. The initial blast is indeed too strong and so you're best spraying it as early as possible before going out.
I'm not great at the descriptions but there is something warm and musky about this perfume that reminds me of visiting old castles in the winter and sitting by a fire...I hope that's abstract enough!

zvoncica
zvoncica

The One punched me in the face like Mike Tysons fist. My God how strong and spicy opening notes! Rarely was shocked like this, I think its all due to aldehydes, but I am not sure. A little surprised and kind of bothered by this stink following me on my hand, I left the perfume store. Horror continued while I was browsing shoe stores, flowers and spices kept fighting who is going to knock me of my feet.

Right after my one hundred thought “who can wear this” the agony stopped. I was covered with comfortable and cleanest and softener and soapiest smell ever! I enjoyed the rest of the day in luxuriant and calm company provided by D&G. If the first hour didn’t last like eternity to me I wouldn’t sorry the money to have The One.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

One of my favorite classics. It has great staying power on me, and doesn't turn stinky like so many other perfumes.

Nicole79
Nicole79

This is strong but sweet....gentile and feminine...with a surprising strong masculine note though... Very unique !
...i feel it dark, sensual, sexy,smoky, dirty. I feel the top notes:mandarino, neroli, lemon and sandalwood, musk and...tabacco( my fav )...so it's bittery, clean and powdery...It's a fragrance for evening weare...because is quite strong and it has a very good lasting power !!! ( LIKE ALL D&G PERFUMES ) love it...A classic

laura.poison
laura.poison

sexy perfume, attracts guys to you as a magnet

barbiot35
barbiot35

I've received it today and I'm wondered how it smells so deep floral!...I was expecting- with looking rewiews here- a really heavy and a bit spicy fragrance but this is really good.
And it's an exciting scent with being so remarkable floral but doesn't scream "hey, look at me, I'm sexy!"...

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

A classic scent of the 90's.
This winter that we are experiencing a 90's comeback in fashion and music, I bet that this is one of the best choices.
Oriental more than aldehydic, it has a vivid incense/myrrh aspect.
It really evolves. Its"next morning"trace is hard to beat.
Dynamic yet nerve-calming,I totally agree with missk on that.

milena
milena

Used to be a favourite.A luxurious, sweet and glamorous fragrant.Staying power very good.

truffles
truffles

Bought this recently (was hard to find, has disappeared from a lot of shops where they used to sell it in the UK, I wondered are they going to discontinue it? Surely not.) I LOVE the topnotes that hit my nose with a pretty and unique citrus strength. However on me, with time, I detected a weirdness appearing from this perfume (maybe its the carnation - can't stand the smell of them) that I found offputting. I would say it's a knock em dead power perfume but one of the nicer ones. The D&G site describes it as having a masculine edge which I found to be true. Like their Light Blue I think its a masterful construction but as it was only the top notes that did it for me - and they don't last long - it wouldn't be something I would want in my collection although I love the bottle. Gave it to my mum, she loves it.

cattywitch
cattywitch

I love this perfume, it smells better then best. I've worn this one for quite awhile, and anytime I wear it I get tons of compliments from men and women. I also love the staying power of this one it lingers on my clothes even after they have been laundered...ummmm nice

Polymath
Polymath

I love it, especially that basil/ivy thing going on. Thought-provoking. I notice that some came to this scent AFTER Light Blue and The One. Having used this one first, ist's easier to see where the other two came from, inspiration-wise. Use sparingly in the winter.

Fragrance
Fragrance

Hmm.. tried it yesterday.... Opening notes are very sharp and heavy...
first i felt like it's something similar to "The One" but when it dries down,It became something similar to "Light Blue" which i really don't like ...kind of soapy touch also there.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Smells somewhat oriental to me. It opens with aldehydes, and like many, I am not a fan of them.

In the middle, I smell flower oil, but none of the flowers are very delicate-perhaps there are some, but it is all fresh crushed flowers mixed with some thick plant oil. For the first half hour, the fragrance is just too loud, too strong.

But I like this perfume, quite a lot! It warms and becomes a bit sweeter and the musk is allowed to shine more as it goes down the pyramid of notes. The dry down is a nice musky wood with a hint of vanilla. I would like to wear this scent during the winter, but I wish I could just have the middle-dry down. It's a good thing I can't afford this, because I would adopt this for December. As much as I love the smell now, wearing it every day for too long might kill my nose, so I would save wearing this one for special occasions.

Update: I don't like this at all, I tried wearing it a few more times and found it too sweet, heavy and overpowering. I love the basil in it, but otherwise this smells like something a catty girl would wear- soapy, sweet, heavy and STRONG!

CurlyWurly
CurlyWurly

I had it many years ago. It´s too overpowering and gave me a headache. Not my fragrance at all.

KalteStern
KalteStern

I was given some of this as a gift, and almost never wear it - the top notes have a piercing sweetness that reminds me not so much of soap as of undiluted laundry detergent. A real attention grabber, in other words, and far too unsubtle for day time wear.
Lasts for hours too,so if you get sick if it you are going to need bath or shower to shift it. OTT in every way -(and I speak as someone who doesn't quail at the classical Big Guns like Shalimar or Mitsouko)

xmarie
xmarie

The best perfume I have smell!!
wonderfull, perfect!!

perfumebabe
perfumebabe

What I love about this fragrance is women between any age range loves it..My mum and myself love this fragrance beacause of the very very strong and powdery smell but not sickening at all...it rather makes yu feel like ur on the top of the world and notes in the perfume are texturised so well...it is one of the classic perfume around!
When I said strong it is not so strong that it will knock everyone out..its a pleasant strong smell yu will get complimented on every time. everytime I wear this I feel like I'm a grown up independent women who doesnt need a man to fulfill her needs and desires...or anything else. I would definitely recommend this scent to everyone out there!
The only thing yu need to do is be very imaginative and take yourself through the different phases of life..like what yu want to achieve and what you want to do..and how yu will accomplish them...Creativity and Imagination is a must before yu try any perfume! unless its a cheap nasty horible smelling perfumes.
Oh and the D&G perfume is a must have all year round no matter what the season is it works its way out to be compatible with the lovely atmosphere. Sunshine, Rain, Wind, Snow, Moonlight ..anytime!

renneyg007
renneyg007

This is probably the strongest eau de toilette in existence. I wore it last night to a club and felt I owned the evening. It gives me an incredible confidence boost, in part because i know i can't be drowned out by other scents. The opening is intensely soapy and can knock you sideways BUT stay with it as the notes explode. If it were a woman, she'd be strong, sexy and decadent. Sophisticated, playful, self-assured and a little wicked. She wouldn't be for the faint-hearted and although not always liked, always admired. Like no other.

Aysu
Aysu

I received this as a gift couple of years ago.
When I sprayed it on myself I thought they gave me something fake or bottle was including a cleaning material or some sort of chemical instead of a perfume!! Later my taste about it developed and started to give me a luxurious feeling, it was smelling expensive, different and arrogant to me!
If you really want to smell different, you can try this, but if you feel yourself uncomfortable with harsh citrus aldehydes and cannot wait them to develop on your skin, then skip this one. I only enjoy smelling it in the bottle.

Sharp aldehydic citrus vanilla after-shave. Another D&G fragrance who got lot of credits and I can't understand why. It has a weird smell, no creaminess, no softness. A few years ago it was all the hype here. Ok, it was new and that's all. I've never found it sexy IMO even if men like it or simply got used to it like they get used to trends in general. This one smells to me like a wannabe: I wannabe sexy, I wannabe modern, I wanna be sophisticated, I wanna be fashionable...
Nothing of that. Actaully it smells quite cheap to me (or on my chemistry)

kugkng
kugkng

I have it already after I try it on very luxury & glamorous alot powerful and gorgeous staying power wonderful sillage everything on it's extremely feminine....

Annie_D
Annie_D

Very clean but also sexy alluring scent without trying too hard. I sprayed it and my BF walked by and said "ooh smells like soap". I get a heavy touch of basil in the beginning and I find it energizing. After the dry down it becomes much softer but I can still sense the basil tone, on me it is a floral herb like soapy clean scent with a hint of alluring spice. I like it a lot, but I might save it for when I am a bit older.

vdxl
vdxl

Sexy, Passionate, but please don't wear it if you're under, let's say, 25. You'll smell like you're trying to hard to get men if you know what I mean. If you are a more mature woman, it will smell great: jasmine, basil and rose are very well blended in this exquisite perfume

CUPCAKEDOLL
CUPCAKEDOLL

I had it so many times, and I love this fragrance. Is luxurious, clean and soapy, but also strong and long lasting.
The bottle is beautiful, so this is one of my favorite perfumes

Never in my life would I have ever thought that a fragrance of this kind would sweep me off my feet. Normally I dislike powdery scents, but D&G is so much more than baby powder.

This fragrance is such an interesting combination of both sweet and sharp. The aldehydes aren't as strong and soapy as in Chanel No.5, rather they are softer and more delicate. If Marilyn Monroe had said she wore only a few drops of D&G to bed, then I would've understood her completely. This scent is so incredibly feminine and sensual.

In my opinion, D&G defines sexy. Whenever I wear this, I feel the urge to crawl into bed next to my lover and whisper sweet nothings into his ear. Because this fragrance is so soothing and warm, it also does wonders in settling nerves or anxiety, meaning it would be perfect for those job interviews and first dates.

I love that this perfume is memorable. It's not a scent that people will forget when you leave the room. The lasting power is also fantastic, I can still smell it seven hours after applying.

If you're looking for something clean-smelling, versatile, seductive and classy, this is my recommendation.

SandraS
SandraS

I agree with PimentoSugars review. Its a great scent for office and city wear. Not casual, its sofisticated and imtemporal. It says "You can come near at your own risk..."

Great lasting power and syllage, it does not leave a trail on me, which I find great. Smells Luxurious!

I will like to add that the staying power is about 12 hours on my skin!

Russian
Russian

I totally agree with rheea oana and LadyJedi.It is too much,too sharp,it intoxicates me.
Maybe I sprayed too much,but I didn't like even the base notes,that are more acceptable.
For me,there is nothing classy or feminine about this fragrance.It's a boting one,unfortunately.

Krista14
Krista14

It´s very glamorous and modern. I`ll buy it again. And I do not buy usually twice if it´s not so special.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

The opening notes are like a punch in the face - sharp and suffocating. The drydown is more agreeable but still spicy and heavy. On me it smells like some kind of herbal soap and makes me feel really old. Not my cuppa tea...

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Sharp, bright, memorable...this is a sophisticated perfume, with an immediate hit of aldehydes meeting green notes, muted florals and a restrained sense of citrus. Herbal notes for a city woman, sleek and cool and clean.

This scent is not warm, and it's really not casual; on me it is impressive and works really well for professional image, where being attractive helps, but smelling of boudoir or cookies will just get you funny looks!

Plus, I admit, I love the suede red box - that makes me smile!

ccoolbaugh
ccoolbaugh

One of the best I have ever owned! It's a very long lasting scent and don't need a lot to grab attention. I will always have this one in my collection! Better suits me in colder months.

Angita
Angita

I love it! This fragrance is one that has surprised me it's a bit strong at first but as the day goes on the fragrance enhances a bit more to one's likeing. It surprised me to love a fragrance that's a bit strong but nonetheless I love it. I find myself grabbing this for day time as well as night time use. One of the best I have owned.

cognac
cognac

The only D & G i ever loved.There is something very feminine and modern about this perfume .The con being i havent seen them in most malls of late .

azuriiita
azuriiita

My first impression undeniable: this one isn't for everybody. Its a wonderful scent to stay in a strong sensuous sense of femininity.
Its for natural elegance's women :) Maybe i will buy it

elaida_00
elaida_00

sweet..to sweet and too strong..but if u like the sweet perfumes is good for coldddd days and you feel very luxurious..very womanish:)

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

What a great perfume! I can't imagine being without this one. This is the perfume I get the most compliments on from other women. It's a strong one, no doubt about that. But it is also very, very sexy yet oddly fresh, nearly soapy sometimes. Very long lasting on the skin and it does not fade away quietly either: It is almost surprising how long this perfume will stay on yet still not smell faded out or weak. Not a perfume to wear on a day you don't want attention. This one can't help but be noticed.

JulieMk
JulieMk

This is an amazing perfume, sensual and a luxurious feminine scent

Vanessa Olivatti
Vanessa Olivatti

It is my favorite perfume of my life, a luxury to be sensual and magic.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

I love this scent, as previously mentioned by zoka, yes, it smells very Italian. I find it to be pretty sophisticated and unique, and I like its strength. My mom gave me her bottle of this! She said she never uses it, so it's mine now ;p. I'm excited to add it to my collection. I definitely detect a lot of aldehydes and florals on me. I usually hate aldehydes, so I'm surprised to like this. It turns out rather soapy on my skin. The aldehydes make it a bit difficult for me to pick out the notes, but I think I detect mostly jasmine on me with the top notes of basil and bergamot. Very nice! Definitely more of an occasional wear for me.

Sicily
Sicily

It is not bad, but it is totally average and ordinary perfume for me. Just like its bottle - nothing special, unique or classy about this one. It is sharp floral and also very boring. Nothing, nothing, nothing special.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

I love Dolce & Gabbana. I first fell in love with it after I smelt it on my mother. I finally got ahold of a bottle from a very generous swapper. On me it has very nice tangerine, basil & sandalwood notes. It almost smells like a beautiful citrus basil triple-milled soap. Pros: Rich, feminine fragrance with strong notes of sandalwood, basil & tangerine. Long lasting with ever changing subtle notes. Only takes ONE spritz to last around 6 hours on me :)

Cons: Not for the faint of heart. It takes a certain chemistry to pull this one off. I have made this my signature scent. The lotion is heavenly. I don't even have to use the EDT during the day if I wear the lotion. I absolutely love this sophisicated scent. It always gets compliments from men and women alike.

elgab89
elgab89

I love it, although floral sweet there is also a freshness to it due to the citrus scents. Very nice, ultra-feminine perfume.

zoka
zoka

Very long lasting and too strong for me, sweet, fruity and spicy... very Italian perfume ;o)

glitterz_2k7
glitterz_2k7

my mum got me this last christmas, i havent used much of this as for me i find this to be very strong!! im more into sweet & fruity smells. however it is nice for occasions and it definitely lasts long. its in a nice simple bottle with a lid easy to use.

D&G by Dolce&Gabbana 3.69 out of 5 based on 1358 ratings and 260 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana D&G fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana D&G, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify D&G by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of D&G by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.