Designers » D E » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

D&G Anthology L`Amoureux 6 Dolce&Gabbana for men
dislike

I have it: 386 I had it: 102 I want it: 168 My signature: 13

D&G Anthology L`Amoureux 6 Dolce&Gabbana for men Videos
D&G Anthology L`Amoureux 6 Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures D&G Anthology L`Amoureux 6 Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures D&G Anthology L`Amoureux 6 Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures

Dolce & Gabbana presents five perfumes of their collection The D&G Anthology, which arrives on the market in September 2009. Two other fragrances will join the collection next year.

The fragrances are advertised by celebrities, who are shown naked in advertising campaign made by Mario Testino. Women models are Naomi Campbell, Eva Herzigova and Claudia Schiffer, and men are: Noah Mills, Fernando Fernanes and Tyson Ballou. The collection The D&G Anthology was inspired by tarot cards and their marks.

The fragrances of this collection were named: Le Bateleur 1 (Tyson Ballou), L’Imperatrice 3 (Naomi Campbell), L’Amoureux 6 (Noah Mills), La Roue de la Fortune 10 (Eva Herzigova and Fernando Fernandes), La Lune 18 (Claudia Schiffer). All fragrances will be available in amount of 100ml (3.4 oz) edt.

L’Amoureux 6 includes aromas of spices, juniper berries, bergamot, pink pepper, cardamom, birch leaf, iris root, wood and musk. It is advertised by Noah Mills.

Bergamot Pink Pepper Juniper Berries

Birch Cardamom Orris Root

Woodsy Notes Musk

D&G Anthology L`Amoureux 6 Fragrance Reviews

Quarantine
Quarantine

There's nothing standout about this fragrance, but it's subtle and lovely. It starts out citrusy and aquatic and dries down to woody base, but the citrus notes still linger beautifully without turning sour. Although it errs slightly towards the masculine side, it could work well on men or women. It smells very clean and fresh and is perfect for a hot day. Unfortunately, as with all of the Anthology range, silage and longevity are weak, and that's the only disadvantage for me.

mlpalazzo
mlpalazzo

I agree that's this is unisex, and I'm surprised so many people think it errs on the masculine side. This is quite sweet on me. I had originally smelled L'Amoureux on a friend and loved it on her and decided to order it for myself since it's quite reasonably priced. The sillage is quite impressive, I kept getting whiffs from a good 4 feet away when she wore it at the bar. To me this smells sweet, fresh, musky, and sexy. Love this!

Update: this had quickly become my post complimented perfume. Everybody asks what it is!

brain-ish
brain-ish

I wasn't expecting much from this masculine fragrance, until I hadn't tried it on myself. I immediately fell in love and as a girl I'm sure this is unisex. It seems to be very simple, but the ingredients smell incredibly on my skin. Not too fresh, not too creamy, this is a basic beauty suitable for both men and women. I will just add that you should like musk to wear this (as I do, luckily), because the musky dry-down probably won't leave your skin so soon. Moreover, the silage is pretty good, too.

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

I asked for this as a gift when it first came out, never knew it was being marketed to men. It was in the womens fragrance section...it is a lot different than the scents I usually wear but very refreshing and I hate to say pretty but, it is. I was deciding between this and "La Lune" went with this because it was more unique. Ive gotten lots of compliments on this, even from my mom who never likes the same perfumes I do.
Now, Id like to have my husband try it just to see if it smells different on a man, with me I get a bit green, a bit powdery and some juniper.

vanillary29
vanillary29

This scent is fresh, clean and perfect for everyday. The opening reminds me of D&G Light blue with all the crisp citrus, and it settles down to smooth, fresh, slightly sweet woods. The sillage is subtle, people won't notice that you are wearing fragrance, but they will notice that you just smell good. Longevity is a around 3-4 hours after which it fades to a delicate skin scent. Strictly for day time, easily unisex.

umtaleb
umtaleb

Try Creed's Royal Water for juniper and citrus, no sweets.

happygeisha
happygeisha

so i just picked this up and i'm having the same reaction to it as many others...

*SPRITZ* oh! lime!! mmmm... and juniper! so fantastic! i smell like a goddamn gin and tonic and i love it! mmm

*sniff... wait.... sniff*

just as suddenly the lime in gone *POOF* the juniper fizzles, and the spices of pink pepper and *sniff sniff* UGH... wtf is that? cinnamon? vanilla? something really sweet and syrupy takes over!! NOOOOO!

you had me at hello L’Amoureux and then you GOT WEIRD on me. i'm so f*cking bummed right now. i may have to return this for a refund.

lucaschiang8
lucaschiang8

it's sour...not that bad. but...

LeggysMum
LeggysMum

Oh how I wish it smelled like Gin and Tonic on me, as it does on YesYesYes, but alas all I get is stuffy spice, old mans aftershave, and stinky powder powder powder.{I am not a huge fan of powder, but done sweetly, muskily as a drydown is lovely.}
On my skin this is awful.
Although Fragrantica has it as a mens fragrance, it is marketed as unisex, and in some stores as a women's perfume. I surely hope it smells great on some skins, as its rotten on mine (headache inducing). I will however give it 10 points for staying power as I scrubbed and scrubbed and I couldn't get rid of the spices...
As a rule I enjoy spicy perfumes, but some combinations don't work for me. I had high hopes for this one. Would smell awesome on the right guy

yesyesyes
yesyesyes

i bought a sample to try on my boyfriend but i ended up loving it!
nothing to complex but the juniper berries are beautiful, it feels like i have just dipped myself in a bubbly gin and tonic with a slice of lemon!

MrClements
MrClements

A beautiful and soft opening. warm and inviting lasting for an hour at most. Quickly fades into nothing. Very disappointing.

julip
julip

smells like a dude (it might be the juniper?). doesn't last longer than 2 hrs.

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

I ran across this at Ulta, where it was shelved with the fragrances for women. I had no idea it was marketed to men (or unisex) until I got home and looked it up. I am seriously enjoying this!

It sprayed on very harsh and grassy, to the point where I wondered just what I had done to myself. My boyfriend actually recoiled, and I could see in his eyes that he wasn't looking forward to the ride home...though it was probably due in part to the cloud of perfumes I was wrapped in by then. I had on some Prada Candy, some Hypnotic Poison, some Infusion d'Iris and L'Imperatrice, to name a few, so you can guess what adding a huge green bomb over the top of that was like. But a few minutes later, I was drawn to the spot where I had sprayed L'Amoureux. Once the harshness was gone, I was left with a very soft, fruity wood that I liked very much. I ordered a sample not too long after that, and found very little of that green bomb that had so startled me before. I wore it the next weekend, and the boyfriend liked it a lot! I did not tell him what it was :> The only complaint I have with this is the lasting power. If it lasted longer, I might have a signature on my hands.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I smelled this at Nordstroms Rack and almost immediately fell in love with it. It basically smelled like fresh citrus fruit in the beginning, then starts mellowing out into spices and musk. And it was discounted from $70 to 39.99. Seemed like a good reason to get it. It supposed to be unisex and I find it more masculine than feminine but I can still totally see it on a woman.
Alas, my excitement was short lived. I sprayed myself generously with a tester before I left the store with my purchase but within 30 min scent was gone from my skin. After 1 hour not even a hint of it remained. I took myself back and returned it. What a shame... this is a great scent if only it lasted longer!

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

You know, it's funny. This stuff, on me, has a kind of a sour, wild smell that I wasn't able to place. But as soon as I started reading the reviews here, I got it. Juniper. Yes - it smells like juniper. This scent is very green and herbal.

(I love this website! It's like buying a symphony on an Lp and reading the liner notes - it increases your appreciation.)(And I probably just dated myself there, didn't I?)

That being said, it's... okay. I'm not sure if I like smelling like a COSTCO Christmas wreath. Perhaps this is a good December scent. L'Amoureux, the lovers: Mr. and Mrs Claus.

I like The Fool better in the series. And as far as pine notes are concerned, I like Pino Silvestre, Tom Ford Italian Cypress and Halston Z-14 better.

pipergirl
pipergirl

I always see this in the Women's section at Ulta - a fresh,green, light, summery scent. On me, I get a fair amount of clean, sweet spiciness, almost floral. Nice, unisex, woodsy.

I much prefer this to L3, which smells like over ripe melon on me.

ily_sb
ily_sb

nice perfume, would really like to see a more long-lasting version of it...

Javi0005
Javi0005

LOVE it!! I get a lot of compliments on this.

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

I'm in love with l'Amoureux.

Very well constructed fragrance. Smells like peppery fresh grass in the opening, and dries down to a woody scent. I do get a lot of cedar. Sugary, fresh cedar with berries. Superb.

Longevity is average on my skin, sillage moderate. Compliments anytime I wear this one. Could be unisex.

The best of the Anthology. Smells absolutely passionate. Wow !

PS : Those interested should get this ASAP, as it's gonna be discontinued anytime soon. Futhermore it's quite a good value for money.

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

This scent does not seem to have as much juniper as Avalon Juniper, perhaps because I also noticed the sweetness from the cardamom and the iris root, which almost smelled like a lightweight tuberose in a weird (but good) way. I am a pepper fan, and the pink pepper note is lovely.
It has a good sillage and pretty decent longevity.
The sillage is strongest about the four-hour mark, which is when I received numerous complements and people asking what I was wearing.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is a great juniper scent. The entire line may be marketed as unisex but this one is definitely more masculine, but not so masculine that I feel out of place wearing it. Fresh citrus with sharp juniper, a burst of pepper, then mellowed out by the woods and musk. Very nicely composed.

madhatter1
madhatter1

Reminds me of cerruti image - the peppery...Whether or not this is considered unisex Im impressed and I like it, it really lasts on me in a nice way. Very office friendly. Happy to have received it on line stores dont really carry it (maybe ulta). D&G #3 didnt last on my chemistry long enough, happy in the end I purchased it.

Very fresh & woody. Juniper is the star to me. Comes off sweet on my chemistry, probably due to the cardamom. Very versatile & unisex. I always see it in the women's section but it is very much a shared fragrance.

Kevin_tuan_91
Kevin_tuan_91

Love the smell but the longevity is poor. 2hrs no more . It's ok 'cause $30 for 100ml. Not bad.

eaudetoile
eaudetoile

I like this perfume. I have filed it under the category of "boating perfumes" because of it's dry, green, mildy white floral scent. It is a lovely everyday perfume.

rzetzm
rzetzm

A fantastic, different from L'eau D'issey / Aqua Di Gio yet having a similar vibe... it's both fresh and woodsy, a little citrusy, malleable to both day and night!

Much love for this scent. Entirely wearable and wonderful to smell by those around you.

x33janelle
x33janelle

I bought this for my boyfriend as a Christmas present because the accords were similar to Ralph Lauren's Romance, which was his signature cologne. I also wanted to get him something from D&G, so it was between The One for Men and this.

I sampled it on myself first because I'd read reviews saying not to blind-buy this scent, but I didn't like it on myself. It was linear, and I got a LOT of woodiness and very faint sharp citrus. However, I liked it the best among the three male scents in this series so I thought I'd just get it for him.

Surprise, surprise - he smells amazing in it, though still very linear! It smells completely different from Romance on him. It's very musky, woody, a little citrusy, and very very very distinctive. It also lasts about 6 - 8 hours on him because we're in very very warm weather.

I'm going to get him the others from this series if I go back to Italy :) So worth it.

P.S. This fragrance is really overpriced in Sephora. Also, this, while not a Thierry Mugler masterpiece (I wear Angel daily), needs the right body chemistry to smell good. If your body chemistry works good with musks and woody accords, I'd say try this :)

Patate3791
Patate3791

This perfume is delicious. It's my boyfriend's signature perfume and I never get tired of it. The pink pepper and the woody notes are delicious, warm and spicy!

veronicab
veronicab

I picked this up as a blindbuy and wasn't sure which gender its made for. I read this series is unisex but I see that Fragrantica titled it for Men. I sampled in Sephora before opening my box and agree that it is masculine so ended up returning it. I liked the sexy smell, but unfortunately my husband does not wear scents. I really wanted to love and keep it for the name and bottle. I exchanged for 18 La Lune (another blindbuy to sample before opening). I hope I like it!

seraaaa
seraaaa

I absolutely love this fragrance! Blends well with my skin and the lasting power is amazing too :) Intriguing and sexy

PipeDreams#1
PipeDreams#1

I wasn't very impressed with this fragrance. I had high hopes, but it smelled very generic to me. Not at all unique. The Cardamom is very pronounced in this. Definitely a fall/winter scent. This fragrance lasted only about 2 hours on my skin and one thing I'll give it, the dry down wasn't too far off from the inital spray. Which to some might be great, to me it was a let down. I love a scent to change and reveal many layers as it dries down. This one stayed pretty consistent, though it did reveal an almost sweet tobacco scent on some sniffs during the drydown.

moonwalker
moonwalker

For me, L`Amoureux is very similar to Deep Red by Hugo Boss (and similarly -V Absolu by Valentino). I get almost the same smell and almost the same feeling with these three fragrances. L`Amoureux is rather sweet combination of berries and pink pepper which then gets more spicey and woody. It is very dry smell, not creamy as Deep Red – probably due to the absence of vanilla.

So to sum up the smell for me – this is the same idea/concept as used in Deep Red but where Deep Red goes in a creamy direction, this one gives us the same smell but in a very dry and woodsy variation.

As to the lasting power, I have sprayed it on me 8 hours ago and I can still smell it very well. The sillage is also very good.

neri
neri

Pimenta na medida certa. Encantador!!! O curioso é que eu consigo sentir algo meio gélido nele,algo como menta. Acho-o sexy,misterioso e noturno; é como uma brisa gelada no último dia de verão anunciando a chegada do frio. O frasco é horrendo, não compatível com o cheiro agradabilíssimo (talvez seja esse o motivo de algumas pessoas o ignorá-lo) Impossível não ficar se cheirando com esse perfume.

lifesurfeit
lifesurfeit

This is the perfect woody scent that I have been looking for! For me it is a very sensual birch scent with a slight spice from the cardamom. I've tried so many woody fragrances but have always found them too masculine but this one works. I can't help smelling myself all the time. Can't wait to buy a full size version!

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

I didn't care for the spicy top notes..but i liked the dry down...its very clean /refreshing..lasting power was just "OK"..its a skin scent..smells masculine in the top notes and femme/uni in the dry down..i like it but not in love with it.. i ended up returning it because I KNEW this would end up collecting dust..

harlemmal
harlemmal

Not a bad scent, not sure if that is saying much. I find myself trying to like it more than I actually do, that's the issue.

Repogirl
Repogirl

There is just something about D&G's fragrances that speaks to me in a very seductive way which is why I keep coming back to them.

For this one, I love every part of it. My favorite is the sandalwood - creamy, warm, and soft.

A great frangrance should change the way you feel and be body, mind, and spirit altering in my opinion and this does just that. Lovely.

This is similar to many "black" fragrances marketed to men in recent years (and a few without "black" in the name, like Burberry's London for Men). Here, however, there is no lavender, which I find irritating in these kinds of compositions. The woodiness here has an almost anisic quality, and I like it (certainly no major iso e super element, thankfully). This fragrance solves what I have viewed as a problem: how do you make a "black" fragrance without the lavender or something else that is irritating (such as too much iso e super or nasty musk)? It is not a niche fragrance, in that it doesn't focus on one note or accord, nor is it especially rich. However, it has no major flaw and you either appreciate what it accomplishes or you do not, so sample first. I do see this as "unisex" for at least many women.

robin.romo.melendez
robin.romo.melendez

Sex. Warm, spicy, mysterious, sexy. I don't find it terribly masculine; this is heat in a bottle for me. One whiff and my pulse is racing, I feel awesome wearing this and both men and women have complimented me on it. Best of the series by a mile. Mediocre lasting power though.

juliettakobo
juliettakobo

I'm female, 31, and I love love love this fragrance. I bought it a few years back when it first came out, and it still smells brand-new, hasn't turned in the bottle at all! Everytime I take a whiff I am glad I bought it! I am a woodsy, but not masculine, girly-girl. I love a sensual undercurrent, which is to say a layered fragrance with dark undertones.

A lot of perfumes for women are so overtly "sexy" that they're just not for me. I am not big on waters, greens, florals, or powders. This one is the right amount of woods, and the right amount of fresh. It reminds me of snuggling next to a fire place with a glass of champagne! Very adult without being too "mature." All in all, my husband loves it, as do my girlfriends!

fkollmeier
fkollmeier

i like it! very strong on the cardamon and the spice with an earthy and darker silage. the projection is quite good for a mainstream perfume. quite unique

dentaxe82
dentaxe82

i dont know how can someone say :i love this perfum when no one can smell it

shame on you D&G

dont spend your money

Chibichaca
Chibichaca

At first I didn't like this one very much; it smelled quite plain; nothing special. But it has really grown on me. I enjoy the clean spicy goodness that really turns heads. I have never received as many compliments on any fragrance as I have on this one. Both genders seem to really like this one and I have yet to offend anyone as I sometimes do with some of my other fragrance choices.

The spicy woodiness reminds me somewhat of Creed Original Vetiver (at least the drydown part), another "man" fragrance I had a few years back.

TaniaClamp
TaniaClamp

To me this is definitely a men's fragrance!! The fragrance is a conventional masculine woody and musky note, although a very nice one. At first I smell hints of citrus, developed into a more sharp cedary, woody scent. L`Amoureux is not for me.... it's for a man!!!!, Favorites from the Anthology line is L`Imperatrice 3, La Lune 18 and La Fortune 10.

För mig är detta absolut en herrdoft!!!! Jag känner en konventionell maskulin träigt myskaktig not, om än en mycket trevlig sådan. Till en början doftar jag noter av citrus vilket övergår till en mer skarp cedary träig doft. L`Amoureux är inget för mig.... den skall bäras av en man... Favoriter ur Anthology linjen är L`Imperatrice 3, La Lune 18 och La Fortune 10.

pipernigrum
pipernigrum

Beautiful smell. Just it has a big problem, the very poor longevity. But despite it's defect, i like it.

LadyGNotGaga
LadyGNotGaga

This is the fragrance I wear most often and always get compliments. I think its the best one in the D&G number series.
Vaguely spring-y but you can wear in the winter as well. More mysterious than romantic.

shanezoe
shanezoe

i think this is a perfect example of how body chemistry plays into a perfumes scent and staying power. some think its quick but i quite disagree; i can smell it on myself hours later which i dont often experience.
i could easily see it on a man but i definitely feel like a classy and softly feminine woman especially the end notes. I havent bought it yet but ive put it on at least three times and remain convinced that its worth every penny.

VogueBoy
VogueBoy

L´Amoureaux is definitelly not soapy and powdery... it is a very woody scent with a hint of bergamot, very elegant, but forgettable, lasting power is poor

and it is not unisex

L'élégance
L'élégance

This is the BEST PEFUME EVER!

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

The best from Anthology.
The buttery top notes reminds me Kenzo Tiger.
Soapy, powdery and the staying power and sillage is the best, for sure.
Great for everyday... every hour.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

forgettable! I'm sorry but that's really all I have! it didn't make much of an impression on me only that I fealt it was more masqueline, and honestly cant remember the notes. :/

phanvi84
phanvi84

Perfect unisex fragrance. Very elegant.

basitmuneer
basitmuneer

I don't like it because it is too sweet smelling.

syukran86
syukran86

I have this one...and I love it!
It smells so good at night or cold places.
The longevity also not bad.
I've sprayed at 8 in the morning, and still can smell it at 5 in the evening.
A quality perfume and it's smooth.

Guys should try this.

olga1780
olga1780

You can tell from my wardrobe that even though I love powerhouse classics, my taste in fragrances is very versatile. A lot of people complain about Anthology and their mediocracy, but I personally love the Anthology series and find them "cool" and sexy in a casual way.
L'amoureux is very uplifting, refreshing and sexy, with a touch of spice. When I wear it, I feel this is so me, and I don't mean the one dressed up in high heels and with a matching purse, but the one in the gym clothes or a pair jeans.
The sillage is great and the longevity is believe it or not up to 4 hours for me, which I think is excellent for this type of scent.

nonnative
nonnative

I don't like it, even if the opening is nice. I appreciated the lemon of the first sniff that is similar to Light Blue (whom I like). But no, this l'amoureux is just a commercial product. And too soapy.

L'amoureux
L'amoureux

I love the whole Anthology, but this and #10 are my absolute favorite. I'm so happy I discovered the two scents. I get compliments on this all the time. It's reminds me of a sweet-woodsy rub on oil you'd get from a fleamarket but it's perfected. It's awesome!

aray
aray

I'm absolutely loving this one. Granted, the first time I tried it was right after a 4 day spell of very juvenile drugstore celeb brands a la Britney Spears Fantasy but D+G 6 immediately jumped me as a very grown-up, sophisticated and immensely sexy yet fresh and earthy scent.

I adore the masculinity, I think it's a perfect androgynous mix. The spices are there, and yes they are intense but OMG what a godly combination with the juniper berries and bergamot. I mean, hotness pure.

Will definitely buy and add to my list of all-time favorites for everyday as well as after dark ;)

thepicketywitch
thepicketywitch

“The Charmer-an incurable romantic in possession of an inherent nobility, dashing L’Amoureaux melts the most cynical of hearts. Desired by all he meets, this charmer is all about intensity."

I’m notorious for loving intense, spicy fragrances, and L’Amoureaux delivers both: a perfect subtle intensity with a spicy, fragrant bouquet that makes you want to lean in for a closer sniff. It’s sensual with just a whisper of masculine sexuality to it.

The top notes of pink pepper (a personal favorite of mine), bergamot, and juniper sort of dart forward the moment L’Amoureaux touches the skin; it’s crisp, spicy, and tantalizing; lazily exhilarating, if that makes any sense. The heart of L’Amoureaux blends beautifully with the top notes; the birch leaf, orris root, and cardamom mute the sharpness of the juniper, deepen the pink pepper, and soften the bergamot. The base of musk and sandalwood complete the blend and give it structure and sexiness. If I had to compare it to a color, I’d say it smells like a deep, masculine claret; warm, seductive, and…well, romantic.

While I would say that the overall feel of this one is very masculine, like with La Lune, there is a definite androgynous, dual element to it-the orris root might have a handle in that, and it makes this scent all the more irresistible. I smell L’Amoureaux and I feel warmth, and an appreciation for the deeper, richer things in life; I can see someone enjoying it with or without the company of a significant other…sort of like really nice, expensive underwear. And when you’re in the mood…it’s the dark chocolate on the strawberry.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Not nearly as bad as I had feared based on my experience with the other D&G tarot cards, this starts out a little woody, a little aquatic, a little bit herbal/fougere-like, with a little bit of incense and spice, and a little bit of sweet vanilla musk, leading to a mix that, overall, is pleasant in a generic and drugstore-synthetic smelling way.

After an hour or so the unpleasant aquatic-citrus top notes burn off, leaving a nice woody, spicy scent with some sandalwood notes and a goodly dose of slightly sweaty-smelling musk. The sandalwood musk accord is the one thing that I really enjoy in this scent, and the one thing that saves it from blandness. I think many of the negative reviews may be by people who are anosmic to these elements.

Up close, the green notes and spice are still there, but the woody-musk sillage is warm, smooth, subtle, and really excellent. This phase lasts for about 3 hours, after which the scent reverts to a generic drugstore base. Longevity is good, 6-8 hours on skin. If you are good at smelling sandalwood and musk, if you enjoy this combination, and if you want a pleasant all-purpose fragrance, L’Amoureux is probably TJ Maxx- bottle-worthy, at least for the middle part.

Genius
Genius

Every athletic sporty guy should smell like this. Very attractive smell. Subtle yet will turn heads.

claudiali
claudiali

Floral-fruity with soft woody-musk background. Unisex scent and i like it!

sofiii
sofiii

L’Amoureux 6 starts with green grassy cactus smell plus a little bit pleasant aquatic hint. It doesn’t smell sweet at all, but there’s this lemonade sensation here makes this non-sweet perfume quite sweetly refreshing.

It is another linear scent in the anthology series. The dryout, if L’Amoureux has any, is quite nice as it is less sharp, but still clean and zest, like lemon and sweat, in a good way. This makes me think of April Wheeler in Revelotionary Road, the description of her clean smell when she was tipsy and dancing with the engineer guy.

I find the Anthology range a little bit too flat in some way, however if I have to rank the perfumes from the Anthology collection, I would say L'Amoureux is the best with its non-headach-inducing quality and non-generic smell in comparison with the others.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

This is totally gorgeous! Masculine, sweet, exotic blend of wood and spices. Some berries for sweetness, a lil Iris root, suede, there, perfect!
Now for a quick rant: it's D&G. They're on a pedestal but they're standing completely still and I'm left thinkin "ok so what now, you gonna juggle or something?"
Cue the usual sophisticated, romantic gentleman. He's gorgeous and enticing but I walk past him everyday, and his charm has worn off.
At the end of the day, D&G know how to make gorgeous fragrances, which is why they're rich designers, and I'm a dipshit mail boy, granted.

Still, on any note, L'Amoureux is very enjoyable wear.

Karhu
Karhu

Please, please try this on your skin before purchasing! I absolutely loved this frag on paper and nearly bought it based on that. Luckily gave it a shot on my wrist and it became something completely different for me: artificial, pink cotton candy opening followed by a sharp, headache-inducing scent.

Too bad really, it seems that #6 works well for so many other people.

Sissi
Sissi

Opens green and fresh like newly sliced Cucumbers
and fresh green notes, tart blueberries steeps through
the senses and dries with a grounded aroma of Cardamom
with spicy etchings. The heart dries metallic and woodish note of Orris note and blonde woods.
The drydown is a diluted Velvetness of suede and
ends with musk, This scent is too simplistic for me
to be acerbic which i usually do in reviews but this
does not grab me to give a worthy of a review these are
one of those plain Janes that are under looked and
underrated.

Valentino
Valentino

I have a small confession to make. I adore perfume sales assistants. They're usually very attractive and enthusiastic and they like to talk about perfumes without prejudice. Once in a while though, they'll recommend something and I'll think 'What the hec are you talking about?'. This was the case recently when a pretty young thing recommended the D&G Anthology to me. I had been avoiding these as if they were the plague ever since release!

I almost said 'No' there and then, as my 'perfume snob' kicked in. 'Ah...my innocent one. So young and foolish...what little you know! For sure these are all crap'.

Anyway, I did a quick card test and was keen enough on this No.6 to put it on my wrist. Then I said thank you and left very quickly. Guess what? I really like it!

I don't know what juniper berries smell like but I got a watery fruit in the opening along with the bergamot and pink pepper, a bit like melon. It had a good balance and was not too sweet. The heart of this frag is divine. It seemed to me to recall the sweet and woody Egoiste of the 90s. That would mean a fair amount of cinnamon, and also sandalwood has gone into the composition. This is followed by a powdery 'semi-drydown' which is also beautiful and draws heavily from the classics.

The drydown proper here really is 'dry'. I got a conventional masculine wood and musk, and a very nice one at that.

I do think that these frags are aimed at the younger crowd who are generally clueless when it comes to perfume. However, I am sorely tempted by No.6 Amoreux, and not just because I want to see that lovely SA again!

Alfareandhi
Alfareandhi

This is my signature scent perfume, I love it at the first sniff,although longevity is too fast but sillage this perfume is strong enough..

score 9.5/10

narcotic
narcotic

Okay, okay: so people love to hate this series, calling it a woefully watery list of Davidoff's "Cool Water" clones and labelling any of their purchasers as sad branding-obsessed automatons.

Well smell me gently with a chainsaw, but I really, really like L'amoreux. There's a kind of feathery citrusy freshness blended in (as this is a very linear scent) with a crisp cedary wood that you've no doubt smelled on several and sundry occasions, but that doesn't make this one any worse. There's a vaguely oriental aspect to the drydown that's most welcome.

willowtreesimplicity
willowtreesimplicity

While testing out samples lately, I have noticed that I am finding many similarities. Maybe my nose is suffering some sort of disability. I feel like L'Amoureux and Memoir Man by Amouage have similarities. This scent is much lighter and doesn't have the thick "dry" smell as Memoir does. I could definitely see myself wearing this on a winter night sitting by the fireplace with a good book. And yet, I feel it has a very sensual quality that sneaks it's way through the woodsy notes. L'Amoureux is quite mysterious and beautiful.

guest_farzam
guest_farzam

it smells great but it doesn`t last alot as it is expected and remains for just an hour but i think it worth triing it once even if it doesn`t last long.

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

I sampled all perfumes of the anthology range about a year ago and I was intrigued by L'Amoureux.
Even on paper I knew that this scent would be sooo sexy on my husband and boy was I right!
I am completely unable to describe this scent but I do not find it to be fresh or green.
It is a modern, deep, woody, spicy scent with a lot of sex appeal.
My hubby gets a tons of compliments from the ladies at his office but he always refuses to tell them that it is No. 6 he is wearing.
This scent is my favourite ever on a/my man.

andrevarx
andrevarx

A fragrance too simple, fresh and a little tender, although it can work as a good unisex fragrance. No other use than that of an everyday fragrance. Not impress anyone, nor last long.

rosemary
rosemary

This a pleasant spicy woody fragrance you can wear during the spring and summer time when you want to be different; the scent is as perfect on women as it is on men. But do give it a try first to see if it blends well with you and if you are into woody scents. I was expecting it to be offensive and overbearing yet I find it - particularly the dry down - quite intriguing that I can't stop sniffing myself.

bwcw81
bwcw81

This has some similarity with The One for men, it has more citrus at the beginning, bringing the fresh feeling - refreshing and up-lifting, middle note is spicy fruity in a very masculine way, pretty unique and last bout an hour, I'll imagine a prefect moment with your loves one, dry down is mild musky woody scent.

Overall, it is a pleasant and casual fragrance with a moderate longevity of 4 hours on me with 3 sprays, which is much better than most of the recent release sport & summer fragrances!

When I wear this, I feel uplifting, happy and stress free. I guess this is what D&G try to bring to us by having a lighter but enjoyable scent, enable the person wearing an thin but noticeable scent, light and pleasant scent for a perfect sunny day! I will give 7.5/10 for this.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Wow, a unisex scent with a masculine edge, and I can actually still wear it! I'm definitely getting spices, woody notes, pink pepper, and bergamot. Fresh and spicy at the same time...well done!

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

My best girly pinkywithabrain generously gave me a sample of this today at work. All I could do was smile when I smelled it! This smells so good my lips can't help but to curl into a smile with my eyes closed! Enough said! :-)

pinkywithabrain2020
pinkywithabrain2020

I can definately smell the bergamont on me...as well as the woodsy notes...not my favorite in the collection...I will have to say this is the more masculine one to me out of the bunch...but I'm liking the citrus notes a lot...so I'm ranking it on my scale in the series...as either 2 or 3.

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

Got a small sample of it while shopping for another fragrance. I like it very much. On me it smells like fresh cut grass ans orange peels... It also has some very fresh note to it, which makes it a good fragrance for summer. Very nice!

ravjan
ravjan

I love the rhubarb which the scent opens with. It reminds me of the juiciness of the freshly mowed grass! But then, what a surprise, the fragrance transforms into woodsy and settles down with quite a sweet note. My choice for the coming summer season!

zvoncica
zvoncica

Finally! First scent that I like in Anthology collection! L`Amoureaux is charming indeed. Has captivating sweet spicy and woody texture. It is smooth as cream, oriental as body oil with pepper and cardamom, foggy like steam in sauna. Maybe it is just my imagination, but never before perfume reminded me on Egoiste. Till L`Amoureaux.

It is perfect combination of polite, yet alluring tone. Like high heels for everyday wear, red lipstick in strict office, and men in suit changing flat tire. Naughty L`Amoureaux.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

L'Amoureaux, "The Charmer." Woody-spicy indeed. It almost has this aromatic aquatic thing goin on, similar to Azzaro Visit, but not so hardcore on the spices... in "Visit's" case, NUTMEG. I prefer the opening smell opposed to the drydown. There's something more clean and appealing about it. Now on to the next one...

rithacha
rithacha

Oooooo nice! L'Amoureaux smells like fresh cut grass in the begining, a smell I find very attractive in perfumes. It's unusual for how natural it smells. The young blade of grass dries up and becomes hay during the heart notes. Here the spices are arid and prominent, but tempered by powdery orris root. Then out of nowhere the basenotes come out with a woody sweetness. This "sweet" accord isn't obvious like candy or fruity notes. Rather, it's implied by the easing away of the grassy spicy elements, revealing something like sap mingled with the natural sweetness of the skin.

L'Amoureaux is fairly quiet and won't make waves, but I'd say it's one of the more interesting offerings from the Anthology collection. Unfortunately, L'Amoureaux is very short-lived, but I've only seen it in big bottles, so re-apply away!

Despite its bright citrusy opening, D&G L'AMOUREUX moves swiftly to a sweet woodsy finish that to my nose is more appropriate for women than men. Not sure what imparts the sweetness, but I'd venture to guess that among the vague "spices" note is found either vanilla or tonka bean.

Although I like L'AMOUREUX a lot, it is quite shortlived in the edt, and I probably won't buy it again, as there are plenty of pleasant, sweet woody fragrances around with better staying power and sillage than this.

I disagree that this fragrance is strictly masculine, it is certainly unisex in my opinion. A girly girl like myself could wear this with ease.

Initially I thought L'Amoureaux was rather herbaceous, a little like the smell of oregano and basil. Its spiciness was too full on for me at first, yet the more I smelt L'Amoureaux, the more I liked it.

As the scent wore on it became increasingly softer, subtly powdery in some ways. The spiciness is still detectable, however it seems to be much more balanced in the heart.

Woody, green and peppery sums up L'Amoureaux nicely. While I can certainly picture a man wearing this, I think it can just as easily be worn by women. The lasting power is so-so. Not particularly bad but not impressive either.

While basic, this fragrance tends to allude the common spicy fragrances. The greeness gives L'Amoureaux a pleasant freshness which redefines what is expected here. So far I think that the Anthology series has been a success.

I initially liked this one for the blast of spicy green juniper berry and crisp freshness. It starts woody and green without being too masculine. After a little while, it started to be too masculine, though still very nice, but in the dry down, something sweet and vaguely floral crept in. I blame pink pepper and iris together. In the end, what I got was very sweet, almost cloying notes that didn't quite blend with the juniper berry's spicy green crispness. It was like I had on two separate scents that couldn't agree. Sad, because the price is pretty good and the presentation (bottle, label, idea) is really nice too.

BeautifulDreamer
BeautifulDreamer

I love this one! I'm surprised to see all this comments, I'm wondering if I got the right scent?! For me it's a stunning blend of woody and spicy and sweet and sour and a little bitter notes...

Seinku
Seinku

I personally don't think this scent is suited for women. Of course, for some it'll do the trick (I've seen it... smelled it, actually) but it's a bit too masculine for the majority. For me, the best thing about this perfume is the lasting, as it lasts the whole day. And when the spicy, bit pinching, higher notes fade, a delicious scent is the result. Along with "Le Bateleur" this is, for me, the best scent of the collection.

guynspfld
guynspfld

I am not sure what it is about it....Sort of reminds me of Valentino for men...I guess it is the pink pepper which I am a sucker for.....I have samples of 5 of the collection and this is the first I tried and I am impressed...It does last a long time and well worth the price. I will be buying a bottle and can't wait to try the rest

lade_di
lade_di

Um, this scent is more masculine. The top note reminds me of JAZZ YSL, then it turns to a woodys smell then finishes off with a musky smell. Pretty much what the notes imply. I wouldnt buy the product. This was a gift. I wouldnt say there is mystery in the scent can pretty much pick up on most of the notes. Its not bad. Very strong, on me anyway. It last all day. very good staying power.

Annie_D
Annie_D

Definitely some citrus notes in the beginning. After the scent begins to dry down there starts to be a touch of (for lack of a better word) man. I think a woman could wear this but it really depends on your chemistry. You must try this one on because on one person it can smell feminine and on another it can smell masculine. Definitely try it to see what notes you bring out. I received citrus with an underlying masculine scent. Needless to say I won't be buying this one.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Very nice for the guys,to masculine for women.For me it smells very leathery.

MoietToi
MoietToi

I tried this one on and I think that it smelled very much like lime. But in a soft and subtle way. Then it goes rather green and turns into a serenade of gentle woody and green notes. I think that this is a very mysterious perfume,That intrigues me like some legendary icon.

D&G Anthology L`Amoureux 6 by Dolce&Gabbana 3.86 out of 5 based on 396 ratings and 93 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana D&G Anthology L`Amoureux 6 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana D&G Anthology L`Amoureux 6, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify D&G Anthology L`Amoureux 6 by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of D&G Anthology L`Amoureux 6 by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.