Designers » D E » Floral Aquatic « Groups

I have it: 1408 I had it: 387 I want it: 960 My signature: 71

ozonic
tropical
D&G Anthology L`Imperatrice 3 Dolce&Gabbana for women Videos
D&G Anthology L`Imperatrice 3 Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures D&G Anthology L`Imperatrice 3 Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures D&G Anthology L`Imperatrice 3 Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures

Dolce & Gabbana presents five perfumes of their collection The D&G Anthology, which arrives on the market in September 2009. Two other fragrances will join the collection next year.

The fragrances are advertised by celebrities, who are shown naked in advertising campaign made by Mario Testino. Women models are Naomi Campbell, Eva Herzigova and Claudia Schiffer, and men are: Noah Mills, Fernando Fernanes and Tyson Ballou. The collection The D&G Anthology was inspired by tarot cards and their marks.

The fragrances of this collection were named: Le Bateleur 1 (Tyson Ballou), L’Imperatrice 3 (Naomi Campbell), L’Amoureaux 6 (Noah Mills), La Roue de la Fortune 10 (Eva Herzigova and Fernando Fernandes), La Lune 18 (Claudia Schiffer). All fragrances will be available in amount of 100ml (3.4 oz) edt.

D&G Anthology L`Imperatrice 3 is advertised by Naomi Campbell, and the perfume features aromas of watermelon, kiwi, pink cyclamen and musk.

Pink Pepper Kiwi Rhuburb

Adidas Get Ready! For Her

D&G Anthology L`Imperatrice 3 Fragrance Reviews

Miriana93
Miriana93

I wasn't attracted to this scent because of the plain bottle but then I was roaming a perfume store at the airport and saw a 100mL bottle for a really cheap price. I decided to give it a chance and I was hooked. I spent the entire plane ride sniffing my wrists and kicking myself for not purchasing it.

It is a fresh and clean scent. The watermelon and musk shine through. It is a heavenly scent and for day time. It is very feminine and perfect for smelling delicious in the summer.

killer__queen
killer__queen

Now that it's hot and humid, this perfume can really shine! It's really perfect for summer-- the watermelon and kiwi burst through the opening spray, and the kiwi soon fades, but not before the rhubarb comes into play to bring any kind of sweetness to a halt. Or maybe it's just the grown up kind of sweentess, because it's not the kinds put out by the pop stars (not that I dislike those scents!) In my opinion, it's really unique.

I think zesty is the right word for it. It's sharp, but not overly so. Really just the perfect amount of tang needed. Very ozonic, very aquatic. Smells amazingly fresh. I spray myself in three spots: neck/chest, outer wrists, inner wrists. The sillage is arm's length, but let's be honest, who wants to be in a cloying cloud of scent during a heat wave? The longevity is pretty decent as well, I find on me that it lasts about 5ish hours, and I also carry it with me for touch-ups if I'm going to be out for a while.

SzekelyEmoke
SzekelyEmoke

Minty green apple caramel/candy smell.
Not a big deal.

dempsterstreet
dempsterstreet

Oh, L'Imperatrice, you sparkly boozy fruit-salad beauty, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways....

Strange that I love this -
1* it's sweet (like big blocks of watermelon and other imaginary garishly coloured fruit sitting on a tray of ice at a resort hotel buffet)
2* it's alcoholic (like the tipsy aunt at a posh barbecue whose bracelets tinkle as she waves her glass for another refill)
3* it's also a fleeting rendezvous (after an hour, there's only a faint trace of her left on your skin, though scarves fare slightly better).
4* there's a definite shower/shampoo angle...

BUT!
5* When I spray this stuff, in it's beautiful 1950s-Italian-schoolmarm bottle, it makes me inordinately happy.
And that, for me, is the whole point.

loischanricky
loischanricky

I live in a country where there are a lot of tropical fruits. I remember there is a very special kind of guava which is smaller than the usual one. When the guava is ripe enough, it will send off a very sweet guava scent.

The first scent I catch in L'imperatrice, is that very special guava scent, not kiwi, watermelon, nor other tropical fruits, but the small ripe guava.

The " guava scent" stays for a long time ( at least 3 hours on my skin, 5-7 hrs on the paper strip), then slowly fades away, that means the white musk or other notes are not so distinct for my nose to perceive.

So what is the scent I get on the paper strip after 5 hrs? I don't know, I cannot describe it though I would say it is a "nice" one, especially for a winter day (in my country the average temperature in winter days is 20 Celsius degrees).

However, the sillage and longevity are not as good as I think.
And I still cannot link the scent this perfume projects with the name " L'imperatrice".

BiancaDrumea
BiancaDrumea

Very fruity, very happy, very sweet. Beautiful for summer, beautiful for vacation to the tropics. You will need to reapply it every few hours but who cares? It is too delightful to get mad at longevity.

CarrieWhite
CarrieWhite

Terrible...smells exactly like white wine when you're pan-frying

dimplesg

Lovely, refreshing, fruity and sweet. A pleasure to wear and a very easy scent to wear. It makes me want to smell my wrists all day long. Lovely summer scent although I don't limit scents to seasons, I wear them depending on how I feel.

babypink_fairish
babypink_fairish

Liking the smell a lot. It is soft and non-offensive and quite sweet but not so much so. I like it a lot. Considering to buy cos I want a watermelon smell, and this is recommended. But I don't really smell watermelon in this. Or maybe my idea of watermelon is different? I just don't smell it here.
This I don't mind to have in my collection although still not watermelon enough.

arenee92
arenee92

Love the smell of this, although it's kind of underwhelming and leaves me desiring more. Fruity, feminine, fresh...but it doesn't last. I sprayed it on myself in Sephora, 30 minutes later I could barely smell it.

Ioli19
Ioli19

This starts off a bit sharp on me, not for long though, only few minutes, then it settled to a very fresh, happy, fruity scent, watermelon dominated the other notes by far though the distinct rhubarb note was ever so,present too. Easy to wear, inoffensive and a great day scent. I find it only suits me on hot weather. I am not mad keen on fruity scents but this is done well. I am not impressed with its longevity though.. It does need re applying often ...

IslandRadio
IslandRadio

Finally, I've found this elusive combination: sophisticated and subtle, yet fresh and youthful.

This is the one.

Stellakal
Stellakal

The pink pepper note just smells bad on me. I think DKNY Be delicious, the green one must have something similar in it. I love the fragrance and its other notes but the pink pepper just makes this one bad on me. :(

Quarantine
Quarantine

This is just like a fresh fruit salad, lovely and refreshing! Now usually I don't like perfumes that are just fruits from start to finish, but that's often because it's all too easy to end up with a blend of synthetic fruits which clash together uncomfortably and end up smelling like a festering bag of lollipops at a kids party. This isn't like that at all, it's a wonderfully crafted blend of refreshing, juicy and exotic fruits which mingle together into a harmonious fruity fragrance. Fun loving and feminine, it's perfect for spring and summer. Longevity and Sillage are average, and it lasts around 4 hours on me before I need to reapply.

dkny27
dkny27

I adore rhubard in a fragrance, especially if it is done right... A divinely sweet, watery piece of fruit with a cool wash of slightly flavored lemon water.
Again, the musky, sandalwood dry down come in to complete this fruity, fresh, watery, delicious gem!!
In my region, we are entering spring season so this is such a bright, fresh, wearable day fragrance that keeps me smiling! The best part is it doesn't resonate any cheap smelling synthetic fruity sprays, even with the watermelon.... Well done D&G!

Lexxy
Lexxy

Wha?!?! I can't believe I had not tried this before!! This one was chosen for me by a very knowledgable (male) Sephora employee and my man yesterday. Boy did they do good! Shampooish smelling? Yes it can be interpreted as that. Is that a bad thing? Absolutely not. Is this a fresh, youthful, sweet, happy, sexy, flirty warm and clean smelling scent? YES! The fact that it smells like shampoo to some does not take away from it's beauty. If anyone knows what agua fresca is this smells like watermelon agua fresca, which is fresh fruit water with sugar over a lot of ice. Beautiful on a summer day or night. It's non offensive, easy to like, and the light musk keeps it from being too fruity or from being cheap fruity, it's not fruity in a cloying fruit punch type of way, it's fruity in a fresh well made fragrance type of way.

jessie.ning
jessie.ning

Fresh, sexy and optimistic. I was torn between this and Versace Bright Crystal. After sampling both fragrances on myself for a few times, I decided to go for L'Imperatrice. Bright Crystal is a bit too floral and girly for my taste. L'Imperatrice has a lot more personality. I practically love the musky dry-down. A bit masculine but still very sexy. Men love this stuff! I receive a lot of compliments when I wear this.

I am also loving the minimalistic bottle design. It looks really cool on my dresser.

This fragrance would suit a carefree, energetic and independent city girl in her twenties. =)

MissYoo
MissYoo

I bought this little baby for my Mum a while back for her birthday and she loved it! I also bought a bottle for myself recently and also really like it. Its got a quite strong musky scent imo but that's what I love :) Musky scents always win in my books. There are obvious notes of watermelon too. This is a fresh scent in my collection of perfumes and wear it out whenever I feel like something obvious but not overbearing.

NevadaF
NevadaF

This fragrance is like heaven for me. I am wearing it almost every day since 4 years and I still love it as much as when I first smelled it. Now I've heard they wont produce it anymore I am heartbroken ;(

Emma0714
Emma0714

Can not tell you how much "shall I" or "shan't I" I went through last summer.

But I just couln't get the feeling of "I think I really like this" of my head. And everytime I spritzed it on me in the store, the overwhelming sensation of "I NEED to own this" just flew over my entire beeing.

So then I did the only rational thing, and bought it. I caved in to the poison that is perfume.

Do not regret.

Opens up like a kiwi-lemon bomb on me. Super clean scent, almost like a showergel. And then watermelon. And then it hits a stroke of tangy rhubarb.
It's a fresh, sweet and fruity scent. But happy and effordless. It's young, but not TOO young. Works perfectly as an everyday scent, especially in the spring - summertime. Not cloying or heavy.

Edieeddy
Edieeddy

To be honest, I bought this one because Naomi is the face for this perfume. :) Smells like watermelon for me. A bit too young for my liking and it has a weak lasting power. Bummer!

brettashley
brettashley

This perfume reminds me of dating a certain ex, and like that ex, L'Imperatrice is easy to fall in love with. I don't know about being an "empress," though because this stuff is straight up watermelon juice in a bottle. Not that there's anything wrong with that. In fact, I love it for the summer - every time I spray it, anyone standing nearby immediately goes "mmmmm." L'Imperatrice makes you think of biting down onto something sweet, cold, and juicy on a hot summer's day, and sometimes, that's what I want to smell like. But when the cold comes, L'Imperatrice smells jarringly inappropriate, and I find myself wanting something with a little more substance. Save this one for the warmer months.

zena.ineta
zena.ineta

For me this perfume smells like toilet air freshener. And not a pleasant one. It's too sour and loud.

kateapple
kateapple

This smells exactly like children's shampoo. Like some Johnson's No More Tears from my childhood. It is exceptionally fruity, sweet and juicy and it's far too youthful for my taste. It's not a bad smell by any means, but it's not what I want my perfume to smell like.

pravda48
pravda48

This opens w/ a juicy fresh watermelon-citric burst on me then is quickly joined by rhubarb and gentle jasmine. It reminds me of lovely sunny summer days that seemed to go on forever and freshening up after sweating hanging around outside. Very nice and uplifting.

There IS something sharp about the drydown though, I have to admit. Maybe the undertone of cyclamen (which I've always found to be awfully synthetic when able to be separated from the rest of a scent, like dust and chemicals) but this has not a tiny tiny touch of something like that). Will retry though a few times though, just got it. Also wondering if this'll be better in hot/humid weather so it can't 'go stale', so to speak.

Sillage was mod+, longevity (w/ the refreshing smell) 3ish hours, a bit sharp then on for at least 6 hrs (at which point I showered and it's gone).

P.S. Wow amnalenajasmi, that's quite a morbid take on it!

EDIT: this is growing on me more and more! It seems I didn't know what rhubarb smelled like and now that I'm getting used to this new note I really like it. It's just sweet enough, just aquatic enough, just fresh enough... And some days that's JUST what I want ;)

beautydiva
beautydiva

This fragrance is one of the last that I bought from Strawberrynet.
A friend of mine has L'Imperatrice and I liked it from "first smell".
The happy fruity notes of watermelon and kiwi are playing with pink pepper and jasmin. And the base is warm and sunny with sandalwood and musk.
This fragrance makes me feel light and happy, somehow it brings me back to my childhood and to innocent moments :)))
Recommended to those that like sweety, happy, fruity fragrances.

amnalenajasmine
amnalenajasmine

I picked up L'Impératrice while running through Istanbul airport on my way to a connecting flight. The tart fruitiness, zest for life and sheer abundance in the fragrance were seducing me. L'Impératrice seemed to be a naive and light headed teenager shouting for attention.

When I arrived at my destination, a friend's little daughter came running, happily throwing her arms around me. She buried her nose in my neck, where L'Impératrice had been nestling for a couple of hours. Suddenly the little girl withdrew, exclaiming: "Why do you smell so bad?!?" The moment she said this, I noticed a whiff of stale, dying skin: The dry down of L'Impératrice.

Being a typical Libra, I did not want to judge without further deliberation. I have come back to L'Impératrice several times, but always with the same result. L'Impératrice is indeed a work of art in its own genre: A still life where worms are feasting on overripe fruits and a wizened skull is lurking in the shadows. Memento mori.

fortheloveofperfumes
fortheloveofperfumes

I tried this on today, and i immediately smelled watermelon when i sprayed! I waited for the dry down and boy is this watermelon note strong! Its a very fun fragrance actually, very summery, a bit childish, and very carefree! Its interesting dont get me wrong, but its just that i dont want to smell like a fruit!

katoy4
katoy4

Got a sample from Sephora and tried it out today. I like it, fresh and fruity, uncomplicated. The rhubarb gives a nice sour note that cuts the sweetness a little. However longevity is not that great, and it's somehow kind of forgettable in the end, so I will save my money for something else.

yooomeee
yooomeee

This was a blind buy. I think the one I bought was a dud, well considering this has already been discontinued so I most likely received an old item. Nevertheless, it's not long ago so it means the fragrance expires quickly.

All I got was a pungent, revolting, sharp, cheap and very sour odor (yes, odor!). It's more than dislike, I HATE IT!!! :((

Lesson learned: Don't just rely on reviews even if it's a highly-raved product. Always test before buying!

skylar666
skylar666

This smells like a shampoo from herbal essence i had once.. but as it wears on it smells like a loud flirty preppy fruity scent with moderate silliage.. it has modertate staying power too on me, nothing special but worth keeping if it was a gift. I have a 1.6oz bottle (beautiful solid packaging) so it's perfect to keep in my purse.. does anyone know where i can find more 1.6oz bottles from this line?

DancerForLife
DancerForLife

I enjoyed this one as a fresh, warm, fruity, happy fragrance. Got several compliments on it when I wore it. Unfortunately had minimal staying power - had to keep reapplying. Used up my sample vial and didn't go back for more - nice, but not nice enough to spend more money on.

stephanienwc
stephanienwc

This scent is pleasant and fresh but it's lacking in that certain something. It doesn't leave a distinct impression.

Beef1
Beef1

I love this one! It smells fresh and clean, fruity but not too sweet. This is exactly what I've been looking for!

burgundyaltima

@mslipsticklvr ..guess what? they have lotion for this!! ..i seen a gift set but its really pricey

Hellita
Hellita

I like this perfume, but there is a note in it that kind of reminds me of grapefruit (which I hate in perfumes)so that's mainly why I have not bought it. Other than that it smells fresh, floral and clean. It has good longevity as well (at least on me), but I've only tried it on as a tester.

greenteacherie
greenteacherie

I'm a bit torn. The individual notes aren't anything special to me - the aquatic/fruity vibe sort of reminds me of flavored sparkling water. Nothing bad, but also not amazing. HOWEVER. I live in a subtropical city and from May-September I wear L'Imperatrice on an almost daily basis. It's super refreshing and really performs well with high temps and humidity. Bonus: men love it.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I am going to need more time to decide on this one. Off the bat it's very fruity and I am not a huge overly fruity fan but it is not bad or unpleasant. If your a fan of fruity fragrances this would be right up your alley. I love the simplicity of the bottle and labeling. I do find the fragrance light and not super duper heavy but it appears long lasting. I will report more after a few more tries.

mslipsticklvr
mslipsticklvr

I love this perfume but I wish they had a body lotion, roller ball, etc...I like to layer so it lasts longer and a roller ball woukd be great for travel.

margoess

I was utterly hooked on L'Imperatrice after receiving it in a swap last summer (SO wonderful and not overpowering in even the hottest, stickiest weather), and I'm pleasantly surprised at how often I've been in the mood to reach for it since the warm months ended. While you don't get the gorgeous blooming effect that the summer heat brings out, L'Imperatrice is still a nice burst of juicy, sweet, tart, floral goodness on a grey winter's day when I'm not in the mood for something heavier. The watermelon-rhubarb combo stands out from the crowd of a lot of similarly bright, "pink" juices. Chance Eau Tendre, Bright Crystal, Brit Sheer—pleasing and nice and inoffensive, juicy citrus fading down to white musk; they all start to smell and feel a bit the same after awhile. L'Imperatrice is a little louder, more unruly; there's a sour edge to her that not everyone might like. The Empress has some personality, and she packs a punch!

I've already purchased a backup bottle. I love L'Imperatrice!

salwas
salwas

A fresh scent, lightly fruity, perfect for spring and summer. I like the scent a lot but unfortunately, after 30-60 minutes it has completely disappeared from my skin, so the longevity is more like a body mist than an EDP.

fyetan
fyetan

Clean, fresh, pleasant but so generic.
You know what this smells like?

Garnier Fructis shampoo/conditioner. The original one in the green bottle.

Not that it's a bad thing (hey, they can't put a scent in a mass-market hair product unless it's pleasing to most people) but I can't see myself paying D&G price for this (though The Bay flyer does have this and the other Anthology series on sale for $35, 100ml reg $85. Why? Sounds too good to be true. Low demand?).

Sillage: low
Longevity: very low (it's bright fruits, hard to have good longevity with that)

I'd be happy if I smelled it, but I wouldn't use up a perfume day to smell like this.

Jellybean
Jellybean

By looking at the notes listed I honestly cannot believe that I like/love this sooooooo super much!
I so happened to try it on first and later took a look here to see what's this amazing scent made of.
To me it smells like:
sweet floral notes: roses, violets and peony with tropical fruits: guava, starfruit and oranges, and musk.
On cooler weather, floral notes and juiciness; I can see how on warmer weather it gets more tropical/summer-y.
This is done quite well.
On my "to buy list", can't wait.
Happy scent.
Great job D&G!

katushka37
katushka37

To me it smells like a good-quality fruity body wash - delicious but clean. The fruits are very refreshing and mild, not the heavier mango-pear-pineapple type. I also get pink pepper which adds extra dimention and longevity to this scent.

It is one of only few perfumes in my collection that I can wear during very hot summer day and not feel suffocated...plus it lasts on me for several hours.

It is definitely in "like" category for me...I can't see myself wearing it as my signature scent, it just doesn't have enough character. It is a nice addition to my collection and I still consider it as a fairly unique scent.

Gigabyte305
Gigabyte305

This is my signature scent. It's exactly what I've been looking for this whole time. Because it's pretty sweet it might come across as childish to some people, but I find it really has that depth. It's seductive but innocent. Subtle but strong. Perfect.

cockapoo9237
cockapoo9237

Juicy, tangy and spicy. My bottle is a bit older, and the spiciness really is the first thing that jumps out at me when I smell the cap. I get something similar from Bright Crystal.

I was at Ulta deciding weather or not to buy another bottle of Light Blue when I came across this fragrance. I sniffed the bottle and thought this was too good to be true. I love fruity fresh scents and this was perfect. I sprayed some on my wrist, waited a few minutes, and that's where the perfection ended. The only way I can describe it is melon turned rancid. Almost even a urine-y smell. I was so disappointed. I thought I may have ended my search for the perfect perfume for me :(

This one is a delicious perfume with tropical fruits and a little bit of spice in it. I totally love when there is pink pepper in fragrances.
This perfume smells so edible like apple jam to me.
I'd say that this one is tropical but still elegant and not overwhelmingly sweet.
It would be great for summer.

Alla89
Alla89

I absolutely love this fragrance! It's sexy and tender, I would just prefer it to last longer.

KaseyC
KaseyC

I don't know why but I got a soda sparkling drink scent from this frag. Sweet and fruity. Light and fresh. It's nice to smell but not so nice on me as it becomes a bit sour on my skin in the drydown.

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

This is not your average floral-fruity. L'Imperatrice is fruity and chic. Shampoo-ish? Probably. Still, nobody has ever created such a nice and addictive shampoo-smelling perfume before. Sweet, clean, sexy and unique.

bonbonka6
bonbonka6

In my opinion it smells like sweat, rancid and loud at the same time. Maybe I hated it, because very unpleasant person used to wear it, but definitely neither aquatic nor ozonic scent.

monddame
monddame

I tried this at Sephora and liked it enough to order it. As I recall it smelled so unique to me that I kept sniffing my wrist every few minutes. I loved it! It has a freash soapy/shampoo scent on me at first and it dries to be lighter and creamier I'd say. I never thought of it as really fruity because I hate fruit smells, but if I smelled it again, I might think differently. It was very pleasant and it's something that a loud girl would wear, someone who had a bubbly personality. I love it!

naaym.agecra
naaym.agecra

idk but I can smell the peach and guava here for some reason.

OlgaW007
OlgaW007

I tried in as a sample in Sephora. On my skin it smells as a peach and lemon together. Very nice. I wish it would last longer.

Angelicax1
Angelicax1

I got a sample of this, La Lune, and La Temperance from Sephora and I don't know if the perfumes were just bad or what, but this and La Lune both smell RANCID on me. Maybe they just dont work on my skin though because La Temperance actually smelled quite nice. But L'Imperatrice smelled like rotten, sour watermelons on me. I hated it! I want to like it because I've heard good things, but this is just gross. I honestly think the samples could've been bad because they even smell bad in the vial. But then again, maybe I just don't like them.

tigsi
tigsi

One of my all time favourites. It's really beautiful. Juicy watermelon, tangy fruity accords plus subtle florals make this perfume extremely pleasent, fresh, great for summer, but nice all year around. Very gentle scent, very close to the skin, nothing like the usual fruity florals. It's not obnoxiously sweet or too flowery, just the perfect mix. I can't get it anymore here where I live and I'm very very sad, if you have the same problem I'd suggest you get Dior Addict2, it does not smell like L'Imperatrice, but is just as nice, they both share the same perfect balance between sweet, fresh and very carefree.

babylima
babylima

sugary, fruity, soapy and fresh. it reminds me of watermelon jolly ranchers.
however this can only be lightly sprayed. i used one spray and it already caused me headache, may not suit people with migraines :(

xjulietdx
xjulietdx

Let's start with saying I have issues with everything ozconic, acuatic or just too watery. It not only gives me a terrible headache it also makes me feel really nauseous. Fortunately this isn't the case with L'Imperatrice. I was a little bit skeptical when I looked at the notes but there was something which made me really curious. I love kiwi and for so far I was unable to find a fragrance which represents the real fruit. I came across this scent and I ordered a sample. It was love at first sniff. I can't get enough of it! I already made it my signature scent because I just adore it.

L'Imperatrice starts with a blast off watermelon and kiwi which smells fresh and tropical at the same time. It smells like fruity shampoo and that's a plus in my book. It's just an easy-going, cheerful and bright fragrance which makes me smile. 5 stars for you D&G !

mimi_luvz
mimi_luvz

Unique scent, nothing is similar to L'Imperatrice. It starts with a fresh fruit blast, which soon develops its sweetness. Watermelon is easily recognized here, ripe, juicy, crispy. After a while, fragrance becomes sweeter, I'd say it reminds of fruit punch. Cyclame notes are more noticable after few hours. L'Imperatrice has great silage and longevity. It's pleasant, not overpowering or headache-inducing. As I said, it's an unique fruit scent, maybe the best watermelon scent there is, which gets its sweetness entirely from fruit notes. Although watermelons are summer fruits, this fragrance is not only summery, it's best on medium, spring/ fall temperatures.

Aromatea
Aromatea

Does anyone else smell peach in this?

KateAnette
KateAnette

L`Imperatrice is tart, but not sour in a bad way. It just gives it a bite, making it fresh without being typically green or aquatic. It's a bit watery somehow, so they've done a good job with the watermelon note.
I wanted a fruity and juicy scent, reminding me of shower gel or shampoo. That's right, I sometimes want to smell like right out of the shower, simple and fresh. Don't roll your eyes at me fellow Fragranticans :D. I do shower daily (duh), but the scent of the shower gel and shampoo is almost gone by the time you're dry.
Staying power is way better than i expected, 3 hours and still going very strong (with 3 sprays on one arm).

Some days you're not in the mood for the heavy hitters or anything complex. This fits the bill perfectly. Thank you for the spot- on reviews everyone. A blind buy gone right, yay :)

On me the dry down smells quite woody. The beginning is feminine, drydown masculine, and I can totally see this as unisex then

Edited again to add, that this doesn't work on me in cold weather. It's really potent, and a bit "screechy". It's linear and pretty much one note, until the dry down several hours after applying, when it gets more woody. More than a spray makes me feel a bit nauseous. I'll have to try this again when the weather warms up, it will probably work better then.

Tanyaoxo
Tanyaoxo

I wanted to like this so much! Love the notes, love the bottle and 3 just so happens to be my lucky number. It's meant to be right? Wrong :( It just doesn't go with my skin chemistry at all, on me it turns so sharp- chemical smelling and sour :(. I'm jealous of those who had better luck with it!

stefaniedawnn
stefaniedawnn

This was my signature scent for two years & will always be one of my signature scents, even though my perfume collection continuously grows. It's simply beautiful. Not a strong or overly long-lasting scent but one that I am happy to re-apply throughout the day. My boyfriend has a fairly sensitive nose so I wear this alot when I am with him.

VanilllaPrincess

This has been my signature scent for about four years now. It smells divine on my skin and I receive a lot of compliments when I wear it. It is a very beautiful summer fragrance and seems to smell better in the summer months. It's not overpowering but still has staying power. It's just a shame the bottle isn't prettier!

asphyxia
asphyxia

There should be a category called "shampoo" accord for this because it really smells like shampoo. Yup, not soapy but shampoo-y in a pleasant way - it doesn't smell cheap to me. The main note is supposed to be watermelon, but I don't think I smell much watermelon. I smell something generically fruity that probably includes watermelon and peach mashed up together. However, peach is not listed in the notes.

Anyway, I do love this fragrance. Not as in "till death do us part" (which is fortunate as it is already discontinued) but it is something that I enjoy using regularly. It is sweet but in a refreshing, delicate way. Very suitable for hot weather due to the moderate sillage and the fact that it is not cloying.

I spray lots of this in my hair and behind my ears and it lasts for a good 8-10 hours. Towards the end of the 4th hour, it will become very light and a skin scent, but I still can smell it when the wind blows.

This fragrance is still available at some online retailers, but it's getting increasingly hard to find. I still see other perfumes in the Anthology line around though. If you're thinking of buying this, don't hesitate.

sidewalks
sidewalks

I have this one in my collection and I wear it when I want to feel youthful and girly. I don't ALWAYS have to wear complex, interesting, masterpieces of olfactory art. Sometimes I just want to feel like I can flip my hair and look at shoes.

It smells like shampoo, so spraying it in your hair will make you smell like one of those people that ALWAYS smell like they're freshly showered.

kittenluvxo
kittenluvxo

My all time favourite perfume! I always spray it on me when I see it in stores and it's just amazing. Lasts a long time. Fresh, floral and musky at the same time. This will for sure be my next fragrance!

bailarina
bailarina

Today at the gym I kept on thinking that somebody smelled very lovely. I'm so ridiculous, it was me. It was the drydown of this fragrance which is different than the opening. It opens with a lot of fruity deliciousness, almost edible. The drydown is a polite musk, sandalwood, and lovely jasmine + lemon tree. It's definitely ozonic and fresh which makes it perfect for the warmer days.

nellychick31
nellychick31

I sampled this at Ulta today and am really enjoying the scent on my skin. Delicious kiwi with a splash of fresh watermelon. The drydown is a woodsy musk scent that remains fresh with the addition of lemon. I typically don't gravitate to aquatic scents, but there is something very refreshing about Dolce & Gabba L'Imperatrice

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

Personality: Casual, playful, simple, clean, and summery.

On me, this smelled like sweet melons tempered with sweat and roses. Seems suitable for many people, but there's something pulpy in the formula that bothers me.

margoess

I've been wearing the bejesus out of this since I got a bottle in a blind swap a few weeks ago. I had somewhat tempered expectations for the watermelon-kiwi-rhubarb mix since with this kind of fruity thing, it could so easily end up like a bad, cheap body spray. But I've been so impressed by L'Imperatrice. There's a surprising depth to it, I think, and it's just a lovely, well-balanced pop of juicy goodness.

It opens with an initial blast that reminds me a little bit of watermelon Jolly Ranchers--there's that sort of (to me) almost burnt, plasticky vibe that I always get from watermelon-flavored/scented things. But that only lasts a minute, and then it just starts to bloom on the skin beautifully, like warm, fruity sunshine. It's juicy-sweet without being sugary, so you can spray quite a bit on without it getting to be overpowering. The rhubarb keeps the sweetness from ever becoming cloying, and the juicy, aquatic quality makes it work in even the hottest, most suffocating weather.

The longevity is surprising, too. I spray this more liberally than my other perfumes, for sure (2-3 spritzes on each forearm, then maybe one on the back of the neck or chest, maybe one on each calf if I'm feeling crazy--hey, summer!), and for the first couple of hours, I can sense a gradually shrinking cloud of scent following me around. Not offensive, but present. Then after my little L'Imperatrice cloud seems to have faded, I'll find myself catching occasional whiffs of it throughout the day, and I've had friends comment that it still smells nice 10 hours later.

This has quickly and unexpectedly become one of my favorite fragrances, and I've been trying to get the most out of it while the summer lasts! (I am curious to see how it works in colder weather, too. I could imagine it being a nice pick-me-up on a grey February day...) I've had it for less than a month and am already wondering if I should try to find a backup bottle. Word of caution, though: I sampled a nearly empty tester at a Sephora recently (likely sitting under the lights for months), and it was *really* vile--sour and sharp and nothing like it ought to smell. So this is probably a more fragile/volatile perfume, which even more than others needs to be kept away from dark and light to keep it smelling as luscious and beautiful as it should!

danielle.hebertlane
danielle.hebertlane

my personal favorite ...absolutely love it.

This perfume is very good. When I first tried it, I couldn't forget it, it's so fresh, so different from all the perfumes. Bought a 100 ml. bottle and it made happy for the whole year whenever i sprayed some of it on my body. Will definately buy it again. It is eau de toilette, so doesn't last long on the body, would love to get a more intense version.

soosoo68
soosoo68

I tried this at 2 differnet stores. I got 2 completely differnet experiences. At the 1st store it was clean, aquatic with some fruity notes. I didn't buy it then but I couldn't stop thinking about it. There was a slight note I didn't like (probably a part of the citrus as to me there is always a kind of bad sour smell to citrus notes) which made me hesitate. A couple weeks later I decided to make the purchase as the sour note wore off and the fragrence evolved into something quite beautiful (to me). At the store, I sprayed some on my wrist and all I got was fruit. Lots and lots of fruit. Sickening, lingering, Escada like fruit. It never evolved into anything like the 1st time I smelled it at another store. I thought maybe one of them had a bad bottle but I see both descriptions of this fragrence here so I don't know how to explain it. Needless to say, I do not own this scent. The only thing the 2 bottles had in common was, that on me, the scent lasted ALL DAY and into the evening.

Dona_a_bautista
Dona_a_bautista

Such a beautiful fragrance. Bought my first bottle several months ago and I had to buy back up straight away cause it is the most popular among all the anthology line. Reminds me so much of the guava fruit. Smells so calm and fresh. A must try.

pipergirl
pipergirl

I love D&G fragrances and I love the taste and smell of fresh, juicy watermelon. This one seemed like such a no brainer for me that I almost bought it without testing. But luckily I did test L-3 first because on my skin this is not nice and it is not fresh. It's the smell of an over ripe melon that has been sitting in the fridge about a week too long. Sad but true.

Smyle12

Fantastic on a positive, happy, and self-confident man. There's never been anything feminine about the scent of fresh fruit, rhubarb, pink pepper, sandalwood and musk. A fan favorite! I especially love wearing this one around the Fourth of July here in the States. Smells just like summer.

stinkygirl
stinkygirl

I had high hopes for this one because of the watermelon scent, but when I sprayed it on me or my clothes, tried both, it smells like B.O. I guess i'm picking up the musk alot. Not for me. :(

verzosa
verzosa

I personally love L'Imperatrice, though my initial reaction to it wasn't "Awe" worthy, but I did think it was pleasant enough.

This scent develops so gracefully. The first initial burst is strong with watery kiwi splashing in your face, and about 10 minutes later it develops into a dominate combination of kiwi and watermelon with a slight aquatic feel. But the base! Oh, the base is what really hits home. It starts to smell more earthy and natural, the sweetness mellows down, although it's still unquestionably there. I would say in the middle the watermelon and kiwi they do not combine. But it seems as if they puree into each other making it a good combination of the wood that comes in the dry down.

Although this fragrance is sweet, it dries down on me too a sweet wood. It's very versatile, simple and for all ages.

I can only see happy, sassy, bubbly or even laid back girls wearing this. Even any guy with a positive attitude. This scent is definitely not for someone with a negative attitude.

Also I see similarities in this and Taj Sunset, except this one is more of a mellow, not sickly sweet, clean cut, and just flat out better.

EDIT: Just to throw it out there, I wore this yesterday and sprayed it about 5 times onto my cardigan and one of my co-workers remark on how good I smelt. I sprayed it 4 hours before I went into work and she complimented on it about 4 hours into my shift. I couldn't even smell it after an hour of spraying it.

peachtoast
peachtoast

I'm in love with this scent! When it first came out I had no interest whatsoever, but I tested it last week when I was in search of another perfume. On my skin, it starts with a burst of melon that quickly dries down into a guava/papaya/mango scent, even though none of these are listed notes. It lasts maybe four hours on my skin before it beds down into a generic musk with a touch of tropical fruit. I struggle to get the ozonic or aquatic notes but I would definitely describe it as fruity, tropical, fresh and sweet. I've found that on my skin florals usually become sharp and woods heavy, but this is really light and playful, almost frisky. From the name 'imperatrice' (empress) I initially assumed this was going to be a hedonistic, almost dominatrix-esque oriental, but it couldn't be further from it.

whiteharmony
whiteharmony

I am slowly gathering a collection of fragrances after having to avoid them all for some time. Out of them all, L'Imperatrice turned out to be the one I've worn most often this summer. I get the watermelon, kiwi and perhaps rhubarb on me, but not so much the cyclamen. It is never too sweet or I wouldn't like it in our summer heat, yet it is juicy fresh and cooling. I love it. Just trying to decide if I should buy an extra bottle while they're still available?

ferenique
ferenique

I love this product. Actually, it is the only product I purchased twice. I can´t compare it to any other product. The scent is so sweet. I feel kind of sexy when wearing it:D

AvaAdore
AvaAdore

I liked this as first, but it smells kinda boozy. Not sure that I'd wear this...people might think I'd been downing wine coolers.

red gloves
red gloves

I tried it at my friend's house, before we went out, and I was amazed! Very fresh, summary, sweet, playful, wow!

sharyn100
sharyn100

WOW !!! now this is one beautiful,sexy perfume..like a cocktail on a tropical island..so fresh and feminine.love it :-)

k0k0black
k0k0black

It was a blind buy based on the good reviews and I have to say it's just not for me. It smells really fruity and strong on the watermelon notes. Behind the fruity notes there is a weird sour musky scent. I guess the hint, I repeat "hint" of musky scent makes it kind of unisex. But this really doesn't smell anything like a man. It's straight up woman. On me it's kind of sour and really fruity. Really reminds me of a shampoo bottle. It's not sophisticated and it would probably suit summer and spring time. It's not a night scent either. It just gave me a headache and no other fragrance has ever done that to me. I have given it to my sister who enjoys it more than I do.

papergurl
papergurl

My bottle is a year old and I only wear it on the weekend for myself because I feel like I smell like a wine sprtizer. It lasts a few hours. I like the melon,cyclamen,watermelon,rhubarb...but in the end, the "ozonic" is a blush wine with a fizzy quality. Not a work friendly type of scent, summer playtime only.

bellaplutt

I thought this smelled so awesome the first few times I tried it, it felt like a great power woman perfume :)
Now I really hate it, it smells like stale beer and is just gross...

Liebchenn
Liebchenn

My initial thought on this was...this is unisex, really? I really think this is more of a woman's scent. I wear this during the summer and when I do I get a lot of the melon and rhubarb in it. It's a clean fruity though, not too synthetic and that's what I like about it. Usually when I wear something fruity I get a weird synthetic smell during the end of the scent and that is what will usually put me off on liking something. Really well done melon scents have been harder for me to come by, but I like this one, and I've yet to come across anything similar to it. Very generic bottle though, I think D&G could've done a lot better with it.

raw umber
raw umber

This fragrance smells like a cross between a Strawberry Kiwi Snapple beverage, and a watermelon Jolly Rancher hard candy. However, it does not possess the kind of sweetness that makes me want to drink it instead of wear it. I also find it to be less cloying than some of the summer Escada scents, so for anyone who enjoys those but feels they are a little "much", this has a similar tropical fruit candy feel and is a great alternative. It also reminds me of a better executed of the new Ana Sui collection. You know, that one with the peacock cap, etc.

#3 has an ample dose of ozonic "freshness" and though the dry down is less than perfect on my clothes especially with a very slight bitterness, I do find it to be a very uplifting scent overall. It's like an ideal summery body spray disguised by a classy, heavy glass bottle.

My boyfriend said I smelled great when I doused myself with this, (and you really can, because the longevity is only body spray length, though the sillage is considerable). If you have body spray you already love (I don't), then this may be a waste of your time. Otherwise, a light, juicy candy scent for smelling shampoo girly-clean. MMMhmm.

Update:
The dry down smells like someone spilled a strawberry kiwi wine cooler all over your clothes. It is not attractive and it lingers for more than a day. I had to return my bottle. .... Womp-womp.

Debshee
Debshee

I had such high hopes. I like it on my skin but not on my clothes. Strong sour grapefruit smell on clothes and no lasting power on my skin.

mgasior
mgasior

At first, I thought I found THE fragrance - "MY" parfume, if you know what I mean. So someone got me a bottle for Xmas as a present... A big one, (I can't believe I'm saying this) unfortunately. Now every time I wear it it seems too heavy for me, kinda soapy, and each time I like it less... Big mistake on my side, and definitely not "my" scent after all. And I've only used like 15% of them yet...

Foxie
Foxie

I received this one as a gift. Not particularly my style, but I have found that it is nice to put on after a shower or for a day at home. Maybe to the pool or beach because it is quite light. As with the rest of this collection there is a quite loud synthetic quality to it that I do not care for. As someone who prefers something heavier, deeper, I can't complain too much about this. Alas, it is too innocent to wear every day for me. Also the name has nothing to do with the scent.

angeldoll

One word - delicious ! Juicy perfume full of delicate fruit. Perfume born for summer :) I feel especially melon with kiwi and rhubarb. For someone that fragrance can be sour, but for me it is very fresh and aquatic. Its more refreshing than sweet but the way it should be ! But I do not think it's unisex. It is a perfume for ladies, only :)

liban23
liban23

This perfume is exactly what I have been looking for. D&G 3 is the perfect fruity fragrance, that is mature at the same time.
I find it relatively difficult to find a good fruity/sweet perfume that isn't too cloying or too heavily sweet, due to the target market being for teenagers.
At first spray, I knew that I had to have a bottle. It's this wonderful combo of watermelon and kiwis with a subtle hint of musk and sandalwood, which help keep it fresh. It isn't too overpowering, nor is it cloying. I can smell it on myself all day, which is very impressive considering it is an EDT.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a fun fruity fragrance, or if you are looking to gift perfume to somebody. I'm so happy to have stumbled across this, and even happier to have received it in a swap :)

solnyshko
solnyshko

Hey, i need your help in this, my gf have this as signature and i want to get her a perfume, all lovers of D&G 3 pls tell me your suggestions for what can fall in same line or close to it, not in identical way but something with same vibe , send me suggestion o my inbox. picking perfume is really hard i feel like gambeling lol i dont want to get her something she never wears, so waiting for ur help
thanks in advance :D

crunkabortion
crunkabortion

I'm a guy, and I'm honestly not even a little bit feminine, but this still looks like something I'd like to wear. To those who have this or have tried it, how exactly is it feminine? If it's just the fruit, I don't care about that. Fruity does not equal girly to me, and I already have several women's frags I proudly wear. But if it's something else I'd like to know about it before I throw money at a bottle. I've been looking for an excellent melon fragrance for the summer, and nothing in the men's section is cutting it (Yes, I own Millesime Imperial. Not melony enough.)

To me, this smells of grapefruit. Not so much watermelon. Nice and fresh summer scent, but a little too fruity for me.

Camilla91
Camilla91

It is a very nice scent, smells a bit like shampoo but in a good way. Unfortunately 2 other girls at my work wear it and as I don't want all of us to smell the same I rarely get to use this one. Quite affordable and highly recommended.

imihelsone
imihelsone

YUMMMMM in a bottle! So much juicy watermelon, makes you want to eat the person wearing it :) Pink pepper gives this juiciness a more spicy touch to it, which makes it a perfect fragrance for daytime! + boys seem to just LOVE this!

Sissis
Sissis

It just goes to show how personal something like perfume is. Where some people here comment on how light DG3 is and how quickly the scent wears off (low sillage), on me it is a wonderful rich fruity scent, unlike any other perfume I have smelt so far. DG3 is my ABSOLUTE all-time favourite scent, I simply cannot get enough of it! It is rich, sumptuous, delicious, sweet, unique and pure joy. When you first spray, you experience an explosion of mouth-watering fruitiness, which on my skin continuous to linger and entice me throughout the day. Even at the end of my working day, I could still smell it and, with a little more effort, up until the evening as well (without any reapplying).

I love perfume, so I like to switch it up every day and choose something according to my mood and outfit that day, but if I were forced to choose only one single perfume, this would be it! LOVE LOVE LOVE ♥

sherri1993
sherri1993

I love this scent. I stopped wearing it for awhile in favor of Marc Jacobs Dot and just recently started wearing it again after my bottle of dot finished. Reason I stopped wearing it was because I felt the scent wore off too quickly and I couldn't smell it on me anymore. Surprisingly, when I wore this out, I got compliments from guys I'm talking to or walked past. They said I smelled really good. And these were strangers! This happened even after more than 3hours dancing in a crowded club. I was quite shocked as I thought the scent was long gone. I found out later that it lasts extra long when I spray it into my hair and behind my ears.

antfarm
antfarm

I've owned this at least twice because I can never make my mind up about it:

It is a beautiful fruity fragrance that isn't sharp or offputting in any way. There is a lot of natural-smelling watermelon, like juice dripping from the actual fruit. I haven't ever smelled that in any other perfume.

However, what prevents me from keeping a bottle of this around is that there is something cheap about it, like a coconut-scented candle lurking in the background (and the lasting power is more like a body spray).

jestech
jestech

Love it when my wife wears this in spring/summer. She has quite an extensive collection of perfumes since she's married to a frag-a-holic, and this is one of my favorites.

This fragrance is named after The Empress in tarot. I don't feel it matches at all. Mostly it smells of watermelon candy, citrus and rhubarb. It is the most feminine of the collection and my least favorite.
Intensely fruity, best for spring.

parisalondres
parisalondres

Probably I had too much 3 on my skin in order to enhance longevity. The smell turned out really unpleasant, I had to wash it off :) However, 3 is wonderful fruity scent, do watermelone + kiwi = peach? how come I kept detecting peachy note?

Kevin_tuan_91
Kevin_tuan_91

Have a chance to smell it . I'm actually like it 'cause it is fruit smell ; however , my gf doesn't like it at all . She says it is too sweet for her taste. I definitely don't think it is suitable for men !!! Never never at all !!! So femine !!!

kwietok25
kwietok25

Lovely fruity spring-summer fragrance.Couldn't decide between 18 La lune and this one. Went for L'Imperatrice 3 and loved it.
The only thing that puts me off is that it doesn't stay long at all. Every 2 hours or so I had to reapply.

larasatyp
larasatyp

this is my signature perfume when i was in the beginning years of uni. it's fruity fresh perfume, very light, really good for daily use. all of my friends love it and even three of them asking me whether they can buy and wear this perfume too, cause it's like my signature. and i said go ahead, i'm happy when my friends find new fragrance that they like and fit them as well. bottom line is, l'imperatrice just a great great perfume. it won't last that long though but it's really worth to try and put it in your collection.

Nice fruity floral fragrance!

Most of all I feel the watermelon note in this fragrance. The other leading notes are the kiwi, rhuburb and cyclamen notes for sure. The pink pepper note is note sharp, only aromatic.

It's a little bit sweet and sour at the same time, mostly sour.

The lasting power is really good.

A little bit reminds me Always by Avon mostly because of the kiwi note, only Always is much more sour and green.

I like this fragrance.

bellaplutt

I tried this at first and thought it was pretty cool, it felt like a power perfume to me!

Bought it and liked it for about one day... then I realised it smelled a bit like old beer, which is totally gross, so I think I'm going to try to sell the ginormous bottle...

Muzoona
Muzoona

Best Water Melon perfume.

eaudetoile
eaudetoile

It smells lovely, sweet and fresh in the bottle. But the scent doesn't last very long on my skin. It is super light. A very youthful fragrance. I recommend this as a date perfume if you know that your partner is sensitive to perfumes! Reapply every 2 hours.

Maathir
Maathir

Love this perfume , so fresh , so clean

one_girl_rev
one_girl_rev

Smells like an afternoon with a fruit juice drinking toddler. Very sweet and tender but ultimately headache inducing and nauseating. Unlike most toddlers, men love this one.

linda.reimane
linda.reimane

For me, it smells very synthetic and syrupy... Not for me.

veronicab
veronicab

Too syrupy sweet on me but must be nice on someone who wears fruity scents better than I do. Probably the first scent I've come across with watermelon and rhubarb...so it was interesting. I wanted to test it because the display noted as being "Fresh" which I disagree. It should have just said "Sweet". I won't be purchasing it for me but might recommend to my niece who likes fruity scents.

lemontreelime12
lemontreelime12

At first, I wasn't sold on this. Sure, it's interesting and light, watermelon and kiwi and an almost watery smell. But I found that I would dig the sample out of the back of the drawer about once a week to put on for fun. Sometimes a scent grows on you. And this olfactory toy definitely did for me!

Belin
Belin

I like it very much. One of the few perfumes a colleague complemented me about. Planning to buy it again for summer.

gabygol
gabygol

I had the entire collection and I ended up giving them all away because they never suited me. The one I liked the most was L'Imperatrice and it never held.

Beypazari
Beypazari

it makes me feel beautiful in summer

Definitely Long Lasting.. Lingers too. Love this fragrance.

lateeeno
lateeeno

I bought it and will be my present to the love of my life . Longevity is wonderful and sillage is marvelous .
I have it on a piece of paper right next to me and I could smell it as the fan blows around every now and then . I'm sure this is going to be much more enjoyable on my girl's skin .

Update : after falling in love with this scent , the smell became peppery and way too spicy . Really sharp .

flashingwhitelights

This is a 100% girly scent, definitely not for the guys. To be honest, after all the hype and positive reviews I've heard and read, I wasn't impressed. It smelled good immediately after spraying, but boy is the lasting power non-existant! On my skin the smell was undetectable after 1 hour. It was fruity, but very subtle. If someone was to wear this, I probably wouldn't notice. Quite dissappointed in D&G on this one, as well as #18 and #10. $100 for 100mL is waaaaay too expensive for this watered-down, prude/shy fragrance... especially when it only lasts 1 hour before re-applying. If you want to smell like L'Imperatrice without wasting your money, I suggest you find some fruity shower gel!

Londonchick
Londonchick

If this smells like shampoo what are u buying ? I only "wish" my shampoo smelt like this.
This was the standout in my perfume trial today. How have I overlooked this ? Many were sampled instore, I had 'em everywhere , but this effervescent delight stole the show. It's a grown up escada - fruity without the sickly sweetness. Bubbly, aquatic, unique. I don't necessarily agree with the
' young' rec Vibe here. Anyone under 60 could effortlessly and freshly pull this off. Keep in mind it's name translates to "Empress" not 'Princess', sheesh ! ...
Not everyone over 40 wears Chanel No. 5 or Arpege !
Sky rocketing straight into my top 10 'wants'
Despite longevity not being great the bottles are large so spritz spritz spritz, go crazy !!
Its a non serious scent, kinda sherbet in a perfume, fun n lively for day wear.

phantompoet
phantompoet

I agree with the other reviewers that said this smells like shampoo and doesn't last very long. A disappointment

s_raquidan
s_raquidan

I will forever have this in my collection. This has been my signature scent since it came out but now is replaced by bond no. 9 Saks fifth for her.its so tasty and refreshing.I have to be careful when I wear this cuz I tend to over spray it...but this light and breezy perfume actually projects well.

annettepe
annettepe

this fragrance is very fruity. the main notes i get from it is a sweet guavas and kiwis. very girly and youthful scent. sweet but not gourmandlike or cloying. if you love a fruity, soft and sophisticated scent this is definitely a recommendation.

Nancy Lynn
Nancy Lynn

When I was at the perfume counter at a dept store sampling it the sales clerk said it was very popular (this was a couple summers ago) even popular with young men, as in young men were snapping it up. Her tester was almost empty. As we were standing there discussing it and others a very young trendy boy/young man came up, dressed in the baggy jeans and logo tee, ball cap on, and asked for a spritz of it, almost as if on cue to emphasize her point that young men liked it. I was quite surprised, it didn't seem as though this was something that was marketed toward young men, how it ever got running through their circles is beyond me.

Off to Sephora and was discussing this with another sales clerk and he confirmed the same thing, it's popularity with the young male crowd. Their tester was also nearly empty and they had none left on the shelf to sell. Maybe a regional phenomenon/trend?

In the end, this is "nice", not for me as it doesn't feel special enough. I can relate to the Garnier Fructis comparison, clean and fruity.

lizmarrero
lizmarrero

I just love this perfume!!! I bought it in St. Thomas a couple of years ago and it's been my signature fragrance since!!! I just can't describe how perfect it is!!

pyarkaaloo
pyarkaaloo

this fragrance is MAGICAL. it is slightly sweet, fruity and ultra feminine! but not sweet in a gourmand or synthetic way. it is delightfully fruity & fresh beyond belief! i am a fruity floral lover, but even that aside, D&G No.3 is exquisite. the crisp & enlivening freshness features quite prominently and stays for a while, which is surprising. this is a unique fragrance in my opinion & is every bit as ozonic & mouth-watering as the notes suggest. I get a lot of the watermelon, cyclamen (smells like an ultra fresh rose) & kiwi. Wouldn't have suspected the rhubarb or pink pepper but i'm sure they are responsible for the zesty kick! Lemon tree is listed as a base note, which i find interesting, but i'd believe it. i'm sorry i sound like a broken record, but FRESH is the word here! And yet, it is wonderfully sophisticated & dries down, at least on my skin, to a calm & delicate but salient, cyclamen. It has that rosy quality, but in the cleanest, happiest way. I feel exquisite when i wear this. And for $69 at 3.3 oz, it is such a steal! One of the best perfumes i have smelled. A+

shiverwithantici
shiverwithantici

Surprisingly, I don't like this. It's mainly a kiwi and watermelon fragrance, but I don't find it especially watery. It's sweeter than I was expecting, with an unpleasant wine accord (perhaps given by the sharpness of the rhubarb mixed with the overripe fruit), which I'm surprised has not been mentioned in any of the reviews. I'm reminded of a wine cooler when I smell this, the kind of aroma you try to conceal in middle school. Instead of being a fresh fruit salad, this one has been sitting out in the heat a bit too long.

teddyandturtle
teddyandturtle

The scent smells more floral on my skin than fruity. It's a pleasant smell, makes me feel very feminine and classy, without those overbearing and heavy perfumes that people can smell 10 meters away. Kinda makes you want to put on a pair of wedges and a bright sundress.

Like it, but I don't love it.

phanhtofu
phanhtofu

The fruity notes are very clear, it is young and fresh. However, I could not smell the pepper as clear as Elle by YSL, but Guava and strong Watermelon instead. I still love it, cause it describes my personality. And my bf goes excited for that perfume on me in a sunny day out :X

Snuffeltje
Snuffeltje

Oh, D&G number 3, how I love thy.

Haha, but to cut the crap:
I love this fragrance because you really smell young, beautiful and innocent when wearing it.
It gives you this fruity and clean sensation, it is feminine and just... fresh!
But not tooth-paste fresh luckily. ;)
The people around me think it's great, and the people who don't like it, don't get bothered by it because of its lightness and innocent clean touch..

At last...
... My signature fragrance. <3

aromaticprincess
aromaticprincess

No way is this a unisex fragrance. It's completely feminine with the watermelon and rhubarb fruits to hit my palette. This perfume doesn't have that sticky consistency that the Esacada perfumes have. Totally fresh and fruit-like, with some very light floral notes to clash with the woodsy notes and pink pepper. Fresh and fun is my style and this is my absolute favorite perfume of all time! My new and improved signature scent!

cuircordoba
cuircordoba

This perfume is one of my biggest regrets. It's almost unfair of me to review it since i dislike most ozonic fruity scents (i prefer green, white and pink florals) but to be honest, it's awful even for a fruity. In the bottle, it does smell interesting and grown up and that plus the elegant bottle made me buy in a stressed out moment of weakness. That was more than a year ago, the gorgeus bottle is still 99% full and I can't see myself using it again, ever. On my skin, it smells like mid-range shampoo/conditioner and watermelon bubble gum, it's completely linear and wears off quickly. You would expect more from a house like D&G, and from a perfume with such a dignified name.

Jhezabel
Jhezabel

smells like cat pee on me. At the beginning of fall smell good buy and wear for a day, that smells so rare that I took mania. I hate it, I have not started

ver jaina
ver jaina

have the mini pack as well...and this smeels like shampoo! very refreshing, sweet & cooling...suitable for daily body mist.

muskymoi
muskymoi

Based on the other frags I own, I don't know why I want this. It's a mystery. But, from testing it out via sample vial, I thought it was a pleasant, fruity, and (very) simple summer perfume that borders on innocuous.

Again, I don't really know why I want it, but to tame the beast within (sigh) I purchased a .67 oz mini (from that coffret that includes the others from the line) for next summer. I imagine it to be one of those really easy early morning perfume-decisions when I don't want to mull over how to scent myself.

emilianods75
emilianods75

Does anyone smell bananas in here or is just me? I love this scent. Femenine, Fruity and sophisticated. PErfecto for hot weather or summer nights with nothing around your neck but this...

burgundyaltima

Compliments , Compliments, Compliments! ..Everyone in my presence comments on how good I smell..its very fruity..whenever i wear this i know i will be getting a compliment lol..its that serious..i get alot of kiwi and watermelon..i get maybe 4-5 hrs on my skin..if you like fruity scents (like Escada Rockin Rio?) ..you can go ahead and blind buy this one ..

nancy920
nancy920

I'm not sure why but this smells like peaches or nectarines to me. It smells like a body splash. Straightforward and fruity, but I love this scent and a man working at Sephora recommended this. It's a very happy scent.

chapachupa1
chapachupa1

Please suggest me similar fragrances of this perfume. I'm inlove with L'imperatrice, but I want a little change and i looking for something similar.Thank you so much in advance! :)

Inessa66613
Inessa66613

When I first smelled this perfume, somehow I sensed guava and some other sweetnesses - that made my decision to buy it. I was disappointed when I smelled it again at home, not even a hint on guava, just waterness and maybe kiwi or water-melon. I really love how it smells in the bottle, but different on skin. Never try perfumes in the shop (huge cloud of mixed smells all around you), better spray on paper sticks and take them out on the fresh air for testing.
I cannot agree with the name too...I think that imperatrice should smell more serious and mature, and this one is very girlish, summer and frivolous.

gbuchanan11@verizon.net
gbuchanan11@verizon.net

I'm glad someone else thinks of grapefruit wood. I love this for everyday in Florida. I smell wonderful perfumed smells of a wooden crate full of grapefruit!

bashe
bashe

very very interesting and intense fragrance. the kiwi note is totally noticeable to me. but after some time it became so annoying...such a pity, because I really find it different. I get a feeling that women who wear it, have to be very self-confident...but I think I´m gonna give it another chance by spraying it on my wrist this time and see (actually sniff) what happens.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Dolce & Gabbana L`Imperatrice 3 is fruity, sweet, and, fresh. I bought 3, 6, 18, 14, and 21 and out of those five I only kept number 3 and returned the other four. I have not been impressed with the anthology collection, but fortunately there in one I absolutely love! Sweet rhubarb, juicy kiwi accord, fresh watermelon, red currant, pink cyclamen, jasmine, musk, sandalwood, and grapefruit wood. The classiest fruity-floral I have ever encountered! Love it!

shopgirl
shopgirl

Smells like fresh green apples. No layers to the perfume, a simple one dimensional scent. Nonetheless quite pleasant, if not sprayed too enthusiastically.

n.hidayah
n.hidayah

I just bought this perfume today. Well i didnt know the mixture of watermelon and kiwi can give the scent of a banana cake! Its so yummy, so light, so fruity, girly, and refreshing. Im yet to observe its staying power, i guess its true that its not gonna stay on me for a long hours, but who cares? With a 100 ml bottle as this, i can respray as much as i want then. Im so happy wearing it. However the only negative side of it is abt the bottle. It looks so cheap with a sticker at the front of it. Kinda like the bottle of massaging oil. But its something tht doesnt affect me at all.

Fragrancelover2012
Fragrancelover2012

this fragrance is a very grow-up spin on the typical candy fruity teenage scents that dominate the market today!The notes that I can really smell are Watermelon,Sandal Wood,and The Pink Pepper. this very light and perfect for warm weather! Guys can wear this too!

Vampiris
Vampiris

D&G 3 is an bubbling and adorable scent..very very fruity..one of my fav fruity scents out there..the kiwi fruit and guava notes are quite noticeable..excellent longevity and quality..not offensive or cheesy at all

i have a mini 5ml simple of this..the reason i won't purchase it is because it smells a bit like shampoo to me..a little bit sour, i prefer something sweeter..

really like it..if you are after a unique and pleasant fruity scent you will like it, too :)

m4
m4

I don´t know where to start but I love it. That´s a masterpiece. It´s like a fruity shampoo on me but that makes it so unique and sexy!! Gorgeous. For happy girls with happy spirit!! Love it to adore. Go for it!!

Smyle12

As a straight, modern man, this is my new-found summer favourite! The watermelon in it smells spot on, but it also has a piquant kiwi/rhubarb note that keeps it from being overly sweet or feminine. Smells a little bit like peaches as well, but it's a dry, tart, fruity affair with a light musk to keep things airy and summery. I swear, it put everyone I came into contact with at work today and afterwards in a better mood. It just smells... delicious. Uber fresh and fruity without being heavy, overly sweet, cloying, or obnoxious. Light, fun, and airy. It screams summer, and worked beautifully in the 112 degree heat index and humidity we had today. It's only down-side (imo) is that it only lasts 3-4 hours, but it's just such a wonderful smelling, juicy, fruity, light, unisex summer scent, that I am more than willing to overlook this little fact and just reapply. Mmmmmmm... More fresh fruitiness!!! ;-) Unique summer scents like this one are few and far between especially if you loathe the ubiquitous citrus and aquatic ones like I do. Blech!

P.S. With the exception of its short longevity, to me this is akin to Mugler Cologne in its freshness and shiny, airy, feel, however whereas MC is renowned for it's soapy, clean, "greenness", L'Imperatrice replaces this with it's own shampoo, clean, "fruitiness". I absolutely ADORE IT! :D

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

Usually, ozonic scents don't work with my chemistry, but, I love this one.

The watermelon is the most promient note on my skin, along with the musk, lemon, rhubarb and a bit of musk.

What a great summer fragrance. It has great sillage with just one spray and it seems to last quite awhile on the skin too.

I'm glad I bought this one. It's really refreshing.

katariina9
katariina9

My must-be every-day fragrance since it was launched. Happy fruity scent with enough character not to be overly girly. Fresh linear fragrances are not actually my thing, but curiously, this one not at all simple. It can be quite an intriguing summer parfum if it chooses to fit your chemistry. However, couple of my friends have bought the same parfum because they liked it on me, but it has not worked on their skin - L'Imperatrice is pretty picky apparently.

However, give it a try because if it chooses you, this otherwise watery young thing somehow transforms into rather sparkly, unique and beautiful fragrance. Plus it has serious mood-boosting effect for everybody around you and is much complimented. The sandalwood musk base is very comforting for me, cyclamen that i can detect is very nostalgic childhood scent, it has just enough jasmine in it not to overpower the rest and funnily enough rhubarb and peper are quite detectable for couple of hours, more than kiwi anyway.

However, as it doesnt have great staying power, I use the same body lotion underneath. Its a little gem that has a lot to offer for a decent price...

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

L’Impératrice means The Empress in French, which reminds one of a dark, woody, oriental fragrance fit for a queen. D&G L’Impératrice is the total opposite of this. Playful, clean, fruity but not too sweet, it's the perfect scent to welcome summers.
I love watermelon and must applause the water melon note used in this. Mostly watermelon in scents tend to smell excessively sweet and artificial, but here the juiciness and watery freshness of a perfectly ripe,watermelon is captured perfectly.
L’Impératrice 3 is a fruity, linear scent on me, with a hint of tart Rhubarb. None of the floral notes make an appearance which is a tad bit disappointing, as I would have loved to experience the blooming of jasmine to give the scent some depth. I'm not complaining though. I'm enjoying this delicious mix of watermelon/kiwi/rhubarb cocktail with a bit of creamy musk in the drydown.
The lasting power is less than average, it is a eau de toilette after all, but I find the heavy, chunky glass bottle hard to carry around in a bag for reapplication. And yes!reapply you must, many, many times throughout the day. That said, D&G L'Imperatrice is indeed a summer fragrance that's easy to wear and inoffensive to most people's noses.
So if summertime to you means lazing outdoors with a good book, or the sound of water sprinklers going. The scent of fresh cut grass, the clinking of ice in a lemonade pitcher, and cold juicy watermelon wedges, then give this fragrance a try.

flashingwhitelights

I love this perfume. It's refreshing, clean and feminine. The only negative is that it doesn't have good staying power.

jenny23

I really like this scent,but it tends to give me headaches unfortunately. Its very crisp and sharp.I smell kiwi and rhubnarb.

dorothytang
dorothytang

I got this as a birthday gift. This gives me a crisp 'I'm somewhere in between heaven and the skies, eating cotton candy that isn't overbearingly sweet, looking at farms from above' feel. It is a pretty mild day fragrance, good for ice cream dates perhaps.

orchid_84
orchid_84

This perfume is unique in the sense that it contains a dominant watermelon note...few perfumes do. Spraying this on, I find it quite shampoo-like. By that I mean it’s sweetly fruity and floral, but in a vague sort of way. The notes blend together such that the scent becomes indistinct and nothing really stands out for me. L'Imperatrice does smell like watermelon, but there’s something about it that puts me off. I get the sense of highly-concentrated, sweetened watermelon juice, rather than the light, juicy, fresh, summery feel that I get when I bite into a piece of watermelon. Here the watermelon comes off as too sweet, sharp, and acidic. Perhaps it's the way the watermelon is combined with the kiwi. In any case, the combination of fruits here has a strongly sweet-acidic feel that I just don't enjoy.

gparedes143
gparedes143

smells like perfumed soap if that makes any sense, gives me a headache and makes me nauseas :(

ajl577
ajl577

I HAD TO have this when it came out and I think I probably still would today. Theres something about this one. Its very ethereal but I can still pin point what it is. Its ALL fruit but ever so slightly soapy so I get the whole 'shampoo' thing. I want it to be stronger on me but I realize that that is not the point of this scent. It is after all a toilette...and me and toilettes do NOT get along. But I still love it for what it is. I think this one would smell GREAT on a 12 year old, not because it isn't sophisticated but because pre-pubescent children haven't developed their own odor to mess things up yet lol. That said, I still stubbornly try to wear it and it stays for all of 15 mins or less and I own Roue as well but that one comes off as a touch too masculine and old lady for me so I vascillate between little girl and old lady...my favorites out of this line are at the polar opposites.

nat80447
nat80447

I'm tired of this fragrance! I used to love it, when it was less popular. But now I feel L'amperatrice everywhere.

angeldoll

DELICIOUS! Very pleasant fragrance. Very captivating. Fruit in this is so yummy:)Ladies, you must try it. You will love it. And i think,this is a real beachy scent.

Theok
Theok

I have many perfumes but this one is the BEST..Its Unisex.. on woman is very girly ..On men is very playful,sexy and different from the usual perfumes..Its for daily wear ofcurse..Iam Men and i wear it easily.. Unique choice,everyone ask me what perfume I wear with a BIG smile..Guys try it
GUARANTEE !!!sorry for my english

RedIndianGirl
RedIndianGirl

I ADORE this perfume. Sensual, imperious, commanding yet not dominating. It's feminine power captured in a bottle. I wear it when I want to be powerful but not overpowering. I find women love this scent on me -- I get strangers coming up to ask me what I'm wearing, and men seem to want to talk to me more!! It reminds me of beautiful spring days when the promise of summer is in the air.

kityan92
kityan92

MY TOP scents...love this so damn much, although it is not long lasting but it always make my day. Remind me of Pure seduction from VS. Watermelon scents make it special.

Vanilla77
Vanilla77

Initially, I hated this. I thought it smelled of someone who hadn't showered in a while and then had a wine cooler spilled on them. I tried it three times in the store. By the third time, I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. I can' t wait to wear this boozy, fruity cocktail this spring and summer. The interesting thing about it is that it doesn't contain the sugar sweetness of other fuity fragrances. If you wrote this off after one testing, I challenge you to spend the day with it again and see if you don't keep sniffing your wrist.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

Love this! It's definitely a high-class fruity perfume. It is sweet kiwi, pink cyclamen, with jasmine, pink pepper, and musk. Not as overwhelmingly fruity as some perfumes that attempt to appeal to young girls -- it is carefree, youthful, sexy, fun, clean, and sweet... and has a quality that makes you want to experience it again & again (definitely something I look for in a perfume!)

Edit: I have to edit my rave review after actually wearing this perfume. The dry-down is sort of rancid. (Maybe it's just my body chemistry?) It smells a little like a fruit pie made from rancid fruit. :( So sad! I thought I had fallen in love! :(

mimi88
mimi88

i dont like this one, the smell reminds me somehow of a facial toner. tested it few times trying to like it, but everytime i understood that i don't want to wear it. maybe will give another chance someday

Perfumenut1
Perfumenut1

I bought this after testing a few times as it was one of the few fragrances I could smell on myself still after an hour. This is certainly fruity, I initially ended up with a headache, however this was when I sprayed it on my clothes. When used on my wrist like in the store, I find it long lasting and not as bad. The fact this lasts on me for more than 4 hours is a miracle in itself!

jenny23

I really like this. Fruity and watery and juicy. Its fresh and girly and smells so good. It is pricey but you get the big bottle and I think its worth smelling!!!

Pinja
Pinja

L'Imperatrice is quite an expensive way to smell like shampoo.

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

It is nice and sympathetic. Just this. Good for everyday scent but nothing impressive.
I think that as I am testing more and more perfumes my standars change a lot.
Maybe two years before (when I haven't found out Fragrantica) I would love it but now it is just one more fruity floral.
And I really like fruity florals but this one does not attract my interest.

TaniaClamp
TaniaClamp

L`Imperatrice confuses me .......... when I use it I get comments from everyone I meet of how good I smell!!! Although, I'm not amazed by it myself..... Do not misunderstand me, I really like L`Imperatrice, but everyone else seems more impressed by the scent than me. Over all I think the Anthology line is a beautiful line and I like L`Imperatrice 3, La Lune 18 and La Fortune 10. L`Imperatrice is really a fragrance that is on the bright fruity, sparkling side .... lovely and clean. Melon, which I love, love, love, is there all the time and is very noticeable ... especially when you first spray it. After a while the flowery hand takes over, but the melon and the fruitiness is there all the time and gives it a nice freshness. Unfortunately, as in the whole Anthology line .... sustainability is short!!!!

L`Imperatrice förvirrar mig för när jag använder den får jag kommentarer av alla jag möter....om hur gott jag luktar!!!!!!! Även om jag själv är inte så jätteförtjust i den. Missuppfatta mig inte, jag tycker väldigt mycket om L`Imperatrice, men alla andra verkar mer imponerade av doften än mig. I stora drag tycker jag att Anthology linjen är en vacker linje och är mest förtjust i L`Imperatrice 3, La Lune 18 och La Fortune 10. L`Imperatrice är verkligen en doft som är lätt, fruktigt gnistrande....ljuvlig och ren. Melon, vilket jag ääääälskar, finns där hela tiden och är mycket märkbar... framförallt när du först sprayar den. Efter ett tag tar den blommiga sidan över, men melonen och fruktigheten finns där hela tiden och ger den en härlig friskhet. Tyvärr, liksom i hela Anthology linjen.... hållbarheten är kort.........

kasslee
kasslee

I really, really want to like this. All I seem to be smelling is kiwi and banana? I think I'm going to wear it for a few days and hope it grows on me. I really want to smell the watermelon! Saying that, I don't disike it, I feel like I smell kind of like fruit punch.

Edit: Ok I've given it a few days and I just don't like it, I really don't understand all the hype over this one..I guess I'm just odd!

VanilllaPrincess

My signature scent - have been wearing this for three years. It makes me feel like a goddess. A friend of mine said they could smell bananas in it.

jasmine28x
jasmine28x

sucha loveeeely scent
yummmm
wore it first time today
made me feel so hungry ;)

only one bad thing - lasts for 30 mins

nonetheless so pretty scent <3

natalieisme
natalieisme

Everytime I wear this I call it the male Attractor because all the guys love it! not to sweet nor to fruity just right !

Zuuus.p
Zuuus.p

First of all, I really want to say that I am very thankful for that gift, thanks to Rouu for an amazing gift! :)

This is just awesome. It´s VERY fresh and light, but still VERY fruity, and the watermelon makes it smell slightly sweet. I´d rather wear this during summer, definitely not in winter..Smells exactly like those fruity Garnier shampoos! It may be because of the advertisement, but it really does remind me of being naked! Very simple perfume, but still very lovable and very easy to wear..I don´t think this could bother anyone..So that could be a nice gift to anyone:)

The lasting power is also great, most of summer ones stays like 2-3 hours on my skin, this lasts all day long on my skin! Love this one!

valeria_ms
valeria_ms

It has a pleasant scent, but to me the scent is strong enough and fruity enough to be just another bottle on the shelf at Bath & Body Works or the Body Shop. It doesn't impress me.

icedbox
icedbox

If u love clean and watery scent, then u would like it. I really love the fresh watermelon scent which is awesome. Sometimes it smells like a juicy peach. It reminds me of the light fruity shampoo. But it doesn't really last longer on my skin.

NOT unisex.

I was very surprised at how pretty this was. I love watermelon, and it's hard to find in a perfume without being sickening. This one is nice and refreshing, sweet, feminine, light. I think it's very charming and not at all candy-sweet or synthetic. The scent is like fruit juice rather than candy. I'm not usually into fruity perfumes, but I think it's because Escada's perfumes in recent years have turned me off of fruity fragrances so badly. I'd consider buying this. I don't think lasting strength is as poor as some have reported here. But it's also not what I would call great.

Namida
Namida

Too simple, too fruity, too light for my taste, it disappears completely within few minutes... Nothing to deal with an empress...maybe it's good for a baby pink-wearing princess, during summertime.

Love this perfume !!! THis one and Marc Jacobs DAISY I always get compliments on. It is a sweet yet feline smell. its like a love spell ;) every guy I know loves the smell even bought it for his girlfriend after smelling it on me

over all it is a must have scent for those who do not like heavy complex fragrances. it is fresh and uplifting

peenoes
peenoes

i happen to sell one right now, anyone interested?

Redpula
Redpula

Addiction!
I am from Philippines and I found an 8ml, last piece. When I learned that this is the signature scent of an actress here, I immediately inquired of its price without no idea of its fragrance since the vial has a sprayer and no testing allowed.
The tag price was $17 then the sales lady lowered it to $11 because i am already a regular buyer. I still did some price haggling and took home this wonderful princess at $9 only. This is not mine to use but is a gift to my best friend (girl).
Very fresh! At first spray I thought this is also unisex because the initial spray reminds of kinda Innocent. But it quickly changes to a mandarin orange/watermelon that is so refreshing and addicting. I sniff and sniff even while writing this. The projection is average and right now I am waiting for the dry down. As the heart notes sets in, remind me of a light Covet by Sarah Jessica Parker (great sillage and great longevity) and i like this better for a woman. Over dry down, its transforming to a different pleasant scent still fresh but close to skin already.
D&G L'Imperatrice is indeed a summer fragrance and I think it is ideal for ladies in their teens to 30's, wearable day or night, on any occasion. Before buying it, I suggest, if you have the chance to test it on skin, do so and observe its enticing charm for an hour. My only concern is that it may be gone after 2 hours. But by its scent, this is a must try.

kimi88
kimi88

i tried this & i loved it Uughh!but its very high price hr in phils.almost 100$ / btl.but i realy want to have this :)

alana.volskaya
alana.volskaya

it makes me feel like a bombshell. haha.
i tested it w/ 2 other friends and we all smelled different top notes! i got apricot, another got peach and the third got watermelon.

its probably the rhubarb and kiwi thats got everyone confused =]

and to those who say the siliage isnt great... its a FRESH, SWEET, JUICY smell.... the siliage won't be great no matter what. its only good w/ perfumes like dior cherie and mademoiselle bc theres MUCH MORE heavy oils and musks... they won't smell fresh.

not to mention, this is only available in the 3.3 size... for 69 dollars!!!! thats a reallllllyyyyy good deal......... most perfumes i own were 70-100 for the 1.7 size!!!!

and for anyone wondering... i just bought the bottle and the packaging says "pour femme" =] so much for unisex, huh?

doodoowap
doodoowap

No silage at all on me :( I think there are similar cheaper scents in any supermarket. Too much kiwi. Ugh!

joey.tan
joey.tan

Smells like a refreshing, clean, light shampoo. reminds me of light rain on a cold day. It is pleasant but that is about it.

Mushroomfat

I don't have problems with the longevity or silage because I really apply regularly (too much so) with all fumes I wear for the day, but it sticks to your clothes for days.
I wear a either a denim or a pleather jacket in the mornings to work, and whenever I wear L'Imperatrice, it sticks to the collars and inner sleeves for days until its eventually doused in the various other scents I'll wear over the next week. But it takes alot. The collars of my jackets are always a welcome medley of various pleasant aromas, but with L'Imperatrice in that mix, I'm a god of the nose :-)

cutebunny
cutebunny

I really regret not buying this scent from Copenhagen airport in reduced price. This scent is in my opinion purely feminine and it is difficult to imagine a man wearing it. Most likely the fragrance itself will divide opinions strongly. The scent itself is extremely girly, relaxed, youthful and joyful. A person requires a certain kind of girly, straightforward, vain, lively, youthful, but innocent personality (...and looks) to wear this scent. In my opinion it does not suit everyone. The scent itself is not complex, it lacks depth, it is slightly artificial, overbearingly sweet and unsophisticated... Not really seductive or sexy, but sweet in its own simple and straightforward way. Everyone who can smell you will think you are really girly and feminine. A princess.

I would not wear this scent daily, but I could very well wear it during relaxed sunny summer days when I wear a feminine summer dress. It is a great girly poolside fragrance. However, this fragrance is not suitable for office use or formal events if you want to be taken seriously. There are far better scents for other events.

This is not technically one of the best fragrances, but fantastic for certain occasions when you need a bright feminine and extremely relaxed scent.

I do not typically like watery and fresh scents, but this one is great. Rasasi Royale is a more mature & toned down version of this scent. There is some similarity.

AMDs44
AMDs44

I just got this and i really don't care if it is feminine or not it is wonderful
Fresh and fruity aquatic i am going to do another review when i wear it couple of times

illwit
illwit

I kept sniffing my hands after sample spray in the mega store.

I kept sniffing all the way while driving back home.

I kept sniffing again and again at home.

Had dinner, washed my hands and again started to sniff.

Conclusion:
- it is not unisex, it is purely feminine.
- the smell is sooooooooooooooooooooooo lovely, freshy, watermelon kiwi juicy.
- the lady who wears this perfume should be treated like a princess.
- if you snifffffffff this many times, you may get addicted to it, just like drugs :)
- while writing this review I wish I had the bottle to keep sniffffffffffing more and more :)

tinaelisa
tinaelisa

I like the smell of this perfume very much. It's fruity, fresh and light. I wore it in the summer. To me that is the only season to wear it, because it is so light. Lasting power is pretty bad on me. Two hours max and then it is completely gone.. It's more like a body spray.

This is not a unisex perfume, it is for woman.

dinaia
dinaia

It is a tropical bubble gum smell, and I really really like the first 15 minutes of it, but then the kiwi comes out so sour on my skin and unfortunately so similar to some unpleasant body smells that it's unwearable. Lasting power is good, so I am quite sad I cannot use it, maybe just for 15 minutes at a time.

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

Yes, I agree that 3 L'Impératrice has smell of pink guava, that is a very popular fruit here in Brazil.
For me it has a tropical smell, tho, it's floral fruit, totally girlish.
The staying power is good, stay on the skin all day long but is very intimate, not so outstanding.
So yummy... nham.

Christina8809
Christina8809

I got a bottle of this the other day, and it's lovely.
Very fresh and clean smelling. Watermelon is definitely present but doesn't smell synthetic at all, which is a big plus - these days I tend to associate watermelon with cheap lipglosses and candy.
I'd describe this as a citrus aquatic. Very pretty, and I cant imagine a guy wearing this.
The drydown is long lasting and almost turns creamy.

alviralimbai
alviralimbai

plusssss i smell like pink guava as well!~~~~~~~~~~~ <3 it!

boussoulitsa
boussoulitsa

I love it! Even though the weather is getting cold, and this is considered as a summer fragrance, I think it's lovely <3 I think I smell some pear at first, although it's not listed. I totally recommend it!

Pinni
Pinni

L'Imperatrice is actually surprisingly good! It's simply a very strong watermelon. Quite linear but if you love watermelon then go for it! It's freshly sweet and fun scent for ladies, good one for sunny days. Even if it's said to be unisex I can't see a guy wearing it.
I don't think I would wear it myself but it's yummy!

SheShe

Haha - the scent is growing on me really. I like it, and I usually don't like fresh scents (there are a few exceptions). I guess the kiwi with cyclamen have done so. Actually I've been wearing it lately quite often. It's not a complicated scent but ingredients are prominent and they fade too quickly... but L'Imperatrice gives me an energetic kick and I feel good in it.

Btw: it doesn't smell like shampoo in my opinion. It doesn't have shampoo-note like, f. ex. Guerlain, Cologne du 68 has...

candys
candys

love this light and easy perfume! this is so easy to wear. not cloying at all, really fresh but at the same time sweet and fun. it's not a complex perfume. my fiance also likes this on himself. going to buy this for us.

merlin
merlin

What is happening with D&G with all these bad quality fragrances ? They are kidding , right ? I don't understand.... How can someone spend money on a perfume that smells like fruity shampoo ?

SheShe

Finally I got my sample of Imperatrice and I'm torn.

I don't see it as floral - aquatic, more like fruity floral or the best - bubblegum-ish :D

The opening is very sharp, watermelon and kiwi come into play, cyclamen joins too and all three are well detectable. The beginning is loud and a bit kitschy.

Heart comes and what I have? a bubblegum, a bit similar to "The One" in something. And here comes Paris Hilton "Heiress", which is a cheaper copy of L'Imperatrice, I believe.

Hmmm... L"Imperatrice may rule but not a country - she rules the disco. I see a girl partying, dancing, having fun, she's loud, laughs loud, boys/men look at her, everybody pays attention to her, even girls. She's the kind of girl who likes sex and everybody knows that, it can be easy seen. Single men wouldn't mind to put a hand on this or that of hers ;)

So... I'm torn because the smell is good - close to kitsch though - but it doesn't match my personality. But I did detect a great kiwi for a moment and a nice drydown :)

Ah, and I see it much more on a woman.

Iluvsmellies
Iluvsmellies

Melon fruity thing, pleasant enough and suitable for teens. Lasts a couple of hours. I can't for the life of me think how this can be inspired by Naomi Campbell though!

purplexik
purplexik

Actually, this is my favorite perfume. My boyfriend gave it to me on my birthday because i wanted it so much. The first time i smell it...it was like wow!
It´s fresh, deep, very sweet perfume but it has a bit of acidity that i really like. In my opinion, it´s not a usual perfume, smells different and you can use it at night too.

noruwei
noruwei

are you sure that this is a unisex perfume? because it smells feminine to me

awkwardsilence
awkwardsilence

this is a really nice smell, according to the package and my nose its supposed to smell like rhubarb as well, and it is actually not a unisex fragrance. This site has it wrong, i think it is only no. 10 which is unisex, and the others are either male or female fragrances

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

Hi .. I just tested this today ..This is reasonable for ladies more than men because of the sweetness of the iced aquatic notes (melon + kiwi) but not in a sharp way.. The smell is awesome sample but NOT CHEAP .. playful & but not totally girlish ..

I imagine this simply with a jeans & T-shirt for the morning time at the cafe or a walk at a mall .. it's a great idea also to use this as a BEACH SCENT ..

about the lasting power : I give 3 stars *** it's on my skin since 4 hours (2 sprays) and I still smell the hints of the drydown..

CrnbrryVdk
CrnbrryVdk

Im a guy and I love it. However doesn't really last that long. It smells a bit like Samourai Euro Aqua Chrome only its a bit more to the feminine side. Perfect for younger guys who like a light, fresh, fruity perfume for the summer.

missparfum
missparfum

Ugh. Fake kiwi and watermelon scents in this give me a headache. It becomes too sweet in my skin and I really dislike it. Not my kind of perfume.

angelfishie
angelfishie

it turns into peach champagne on my skin, sophisticated and bright. watery pink fruits, white flowers, and sandalwood.

it does not project, but lasts the whole day.

i very much appreciate this scent because it is complex and elegant without losing freshness or sweetness.

a good fragrance for any woman, or a man who appreciates a lighter scent. the champagne-like depth is what prevents it from being too girly.

vallin
vallin

kiwi smell makes me feel bad, its too strong and gives me headache. could be very nice perfume without it. kiwi destroys this perfume.

Mushroomfat

@babybasher44, Do it! Its a nice, fresh change from spices and woods. My euro-dark skin brought out the musk and it worked.
Proctor and Gamle marketed the whole Anthology line as unisex to keep all 5 (then 6, then 8) on the same gender level, even though D&G aimed them to either or.

The only way to know for sure it to try it on your pulse points and monitor it for a day

babybash44
babybash44

No way this is unisex. I wish I could wear this, it makes me weak kneed at how delicious it smells, but this is 100% femininity.

thepicketywitch
thepicketywitch

“The Star-flamboyant and energetic, for L’Imperatrice life is a movie and she is its heroine. All heads turn when she enters a room. Vibrant, magnetic she exudes charisma and force of character.”

L’Imperatrice is succulent, sparkling, and juicy. It starts with notes of watermelon and kiwi. In my opinion, the only thing that smells like fresh watermelon is fresh watermelon; it’s one of those flavors/scents that just can’t be recreated; the same goes for grape(like gum…you don’t know what the hell it is, but it sure isn’t grape…tasty though); if you really want to smell like watermelon, just rub a slice all over yourself. And keep away from picnic sites. However, I will say that D&G does an excellent job making the fresh watermelon, and when the kiwi mixes with it, it creates a mouth-watering aroma that just makes you long for cold fruit salad on a hot day. And it may just be me, but I detected slight hints of green apple. Anyway, when the fruits blend with the heart of pink cyclamen they mature and fade slightly, hovering in the background. The pink cyclamen sort of takes over from there, blossoming out and exuding sophistication while maintaining a playful sweetness. It dries down to a soft, demure musk that retains the sweetness of the watermelon and kiwi, and the floral sophistication of the pink cyclamen.

It is, without a doubt, a perfume that commands attention, but not in an obnoxious way. Like its character, The Star, it’s charming, vibrant, elegant, bright, and beautiful.

divine diva
divine diva

Smells like a fruit shake but not in a good way. If you prefer fruity scents i would suggest the salvatorre ferragamo incanto shine.

Innocent
Innocent

This is a 'don't mess with me fruity floral'. Honest and to the point - i don't mind it.

Kitty Neverfuck
Kitty Neverfuck

Strange that there is no mention about it in the review, but it seems to me this fragrance has Larch in base. D&G 3 also has "pour femme" mark on the box, although it's supposed to be "unisex" on fragrantica. For me D&G 3 is wonderful, delicious and long-lasting! beautiful!!! maybe the best one :)

alicerombi
alicerombi

love IT!But to me the watermelon It's definitely the dominant scent...

alfonsine
alfonsine

On me, this scent smelled purely like banana and kiwi smoothie (with a touch of watermelon)! Its very young and happy but I'm not into fruity perfumes so this is not for me. However, I do think that the smoothie scent smells really delicious so if you are into fruity perfumes, definitely check this one out =) It is quite soft, smooth and not cloying either.
p.s. I was surprised that banana wasnt included in the official notes because for me the banana scent dominates this perfume.

Vreka93

Haha, its interesting, that everyone feels this parfume different. By someone this smell is grape, by other is banana, peache, kivi. :)
I think, this scent is blackberry and rapsberry.

chloedolly
chloedolly

I love it! its sweet but not the smell is never too overwhelming and is really refreshing. It is just me or does it actually kind of smell like Johnson's gradual tan?!

Monos
Monos

A nice summery smell, but in my opinion - nothng special. The bottle looks cheap as well, so I mainly use it at work to freshen up.

anna.023
anna.023

This one just smelled greape, nothing else! Not a nice smell at all.. I really wanted to try it, but since I really don't like greape I don't like this perfume at all!

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I have trouble placing this as floral aquatic. To me this is very fruity. Opening was promising and then it turned really really sour fruity and I had to run to the bathroom to wash it off.

cimfonica
cimfonica

If I have to descripe it, I would call it a basket full of ripe fruit. It is very very fruity and has a sour heart, wich gives it more depth and warmth. The warmth is what I like about it. Most fruity perfumes, also got some floral tones, which make them more fresh. So this one is really different.

The smell is kind of monotone, it doesn't really develop. For me that's ok.

The staying power is really ok! I sprayed one time on my neck and it stayed a whole day.

sparkybish
sparkybish

I really enjoy this! Ordinarily my sister and I favor completely different scents and hate each others choices, but we had a lovely moment when my sister sprayed this and we both said " Ooooooooh! I like it!" She was able to commit and buy a bottle right away, I will steal squirts when I visit her house until I either get over the scent or start to obsess over it. Super fresh and fruity, young but not childish.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

My initial thoughts on applying this were, “just another harsh, fruity-floral drugstore/shampoo scent containing all the usual suspects”. However, it quickly became apparent that the typical generic floral and woody-musk suspects were accompanied by an off-note, almost like spoiled watermelon that’s fermented and become sour. Now that I see kiwi and watermelon in the notes, that explains it. The sourness of the kiwi combines with the watermelon and -voila! - rotten watermelon. There’s also a definite currant note that I would associate more with the odd, musky, slightly cat-pissy smell of the outside of the fruit than the sweet-tart interior.

For over an hour the mismatched, clashing fruits hold court along with their shampoo-functional-scent companions, making for a discordant combination that could be described as “interesting” if one wanted to be exceptionally kind. Eventually the spoiled watermelon top note subsides, leaving the standard drugstore stuff right out of the industrial vat labeled “fruity floral”.

Now that I’ve read some of the other reviews, I can well imagine that this base smells like Garnier Fructis hair products, although I haven’t used that brand so can’t say for sure. Sillage is tremendous, even with a tiny dab, and, like other similar products, it lasts well beyond its welcome. I eventually scrubbed. I’ve now tried several of the fragrances in this series, and found all of them to be in the range from mediocre to awful.

Rock´n´roll
Rock´n´roll

This is a lovely scent, I tried it on in the store, and I just Had to buy it a few days later , I could still smell it on my sweater days after I tried it :) It´s very longlasting and it´s a perfect spring/summer scent! Very fresh and clean smelling but still originall, I haven´t smelled anything like this one before.

LaureL
LaureL

If you want to smell fresh, sexy, rich...

A girl who is in vacation... She has all she wants but she doesnt know, does she need it. But all the men are to her toes.
But she is just laughing, smiling and enjoying it. And when a man wants somwthing more serious, she just looks at him, rolling her eyes and laughing again, and going to beach drink another strawberry daiqury!

Mai Thy
Mai Thy

Excellent! I smell a bright sweetness of melon through the scent which i do love. This one is really special, pretty and feminine. The lasting power for an EDT is just ok but the silage is good. U can use it in any season as its never over powering or annoying although its fruity. By the way, I didnt detect any flower in it

Necabel
Necabel

L'Impératrice es el perfume de la gama de tarot que más me gusta. Lo que más percibo es el aroma a sandía. Lo encuentro fresco y optimista, un aroma floral-frutal.

Creo que es un EDT para usar a diario y en ocasiones informales, y lo veo idóneo para el verano. Sin embargo no me parece tampoco una gran fragancia, sino algo divertido para usar por un tiempo limitado para romper la monotonía. Por ello no creo que lo compre, ya que solo lo he visto en tamaño de 100ml. y con esta cantidad sé que me aburriría.

***

L'Imperatrice is the perfume of the range of tarot that I like. What most perceive is the smell of watermelon. I find it fresh and upbeat, a floral-fruity aroma.

I think it's an EDT for daily use and informal occasions, and I see fit for the summer. But I do not think either a great fragrance, but something fun to use for a limited time to break the monotony. Therefore I do not buy it, because we only have seen in 100ml size. and with this much I know I'm bored.

Mushroomfat

Oh my god! My favorite D&G hands down.
A very sweet, fresh, crisp, fruity top gently complimented by a hint of musk for body. The cyclamen softens the whole fragrance so to not be TOO sweet. This is a definite for my collection.
Alot of people mentioning it's for women, not unisex. I think they might be right, though I barely pull it off anyway, it's Emporio Armani Lei all over again! (Not knowing I was wearing a women's fragrance, just enjoying it proudly)
AFter wearing it myself, i've noticed the musk takes a hold on my skin and, although still very femme, I've managed to pull it off with my tinted, european skin and just pass. The cyclamen and watermelon give it an aquatic quality that is complimented more-so on male skin than female,so i find it nice for a change from spices and woods.

KS84
KS84

Suitable for summer fragrance, projecting a dominant KIWI note that emerges from a sourly delicious, exotic fruits accord. With a base of musky invigorating flowers. Leaving an irresistible and enticing aroma behind. It's young, sassy, playful, flirtatious and driven. Considered the most feminine fragrance in the Anthology.

Doesn't last too long :'-(

claudiali
claudiali

Lovely Kiwi scent which is quite unique. Little sweent and very refreshing. Perfect for relaxing weekends or casual afternoon gatherings with friends.

Love this fragrance!

Rouu
Rouu

lets start with this .. launching six new perfumes in a collection is a CRAZY HIT ..

I've never been attracted to Unisex fumes , few pieces that really can be breathtaking ..

the 1st thing attracted me to this collections was the NAME series .. AMAZING; D & G Fragrance Anthology, the fragrances are named after tarot cards.. this is NEW & EXCITING ; the bottles are simple,a transparent glass rectangle with the D&G Logo down there with a simple black cap .. a good example for unisex fragrance ,as a personal taste ; its kind of bottles that i like

UM IN LOVE WITH L'IMPERATRICE .. !!

melons as it should be , how sweet , fresh, yummy , delightful ,L’Imperatrice begins with the aroma of sweet fruits, the watermelon-kiwi accord has a nice intensity and does not bellow: MELON! MELON! MELON! Grapefruit and “green notes keep L’Imperatrice from becoming too sweet .
um not an aquatic fan but cyclamen note is aquatic, without annoyingly so, and as the scent dries down, it becomes less sweet, more tart and base notes smell of soft musk with a fruity-beer twis smells extremely FEMININE .. here i have to ask; IF YOU ARE A MAN , WOULD YOU WEAR L'IMPERATRICE ?!!! even with a name like L’Imperatrice?!!!!

according to me , this a VERY FEMININE SCENT that i would enjoy wearing it with a feminine feeling to the maximum .. i got 100 ml bottle at a very good price in a local swap

for me its the best through The D & G Fragrance Anthology fragrance

Helsinki
Helsinki

Quickety quick review before Kylie's gig.

L'impeatrice's development is quite linear: A joyful and colorful carneval from the first spritz to the drydown. It's an uncomplexed and popular summer scent. But don't worry, that's how best-selling summer scents are often supposed to be.

Opening: You'll encounter a soft blast of pineapple, banana and peach. Heart notes: Guava, watermelon and papaya, which later mix up with the Basenote, Coconut.

I wonder which flowers the perfumer has used. There is something but it's lurking under a fruity veil. ;)

Finally, L'Imperatrice has a moderate sillage, good longevity (fading to coconut). It's a magnificent fresh fruity floral for summer holidays! Glad and laid-back girls, this is the perfect substitute for Escada's annual summer frags!

maltatude
maltatude

simply put... it's a clean watery peach scent... nothing complicated about it... great if you love peach...

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

According to the meaning of the Tarot card, L'Imperatrice is a scent that recalls an irresistible femininity, a young woman at the height of her beauty, intelligence and charm who knows exactly how to get what she desires.
She's one part impudence, one part innocence: the watermelon note is predominant here (or maybe I should say the watermelon flavored chewing gum note :)), revealing the smart and playful nature of this feminine creature, while the musky-floral drydown shows her subtle sensuality.
About the lasting power of this one, I've got to repeat the same I've told about La Lune: L'Imperatrice is a fleeting scent too, and that's too bad. The Tarots idea was wonderful, so I just can't explain to myself why they've choosen to do such weak and not lasting fragrances.
However, this scent to me is pure happiness in a bottle.

SCJS
SCJS

I bought this in order to have an everyday perfume at work. On me, sillage is good yet the staying power is very weak.

Jasmine notes almost take over the opening together with the melon and peach, but I feel a hint of kiwi as well, and some pear hiding in the background. Reminds me of late spring. A bit too much melon for me, though - makes me think about cheap lip gloss.

The drydown, which I definitely prefer over the not-so-personal floral opening, releases a warm, rich, beautiful sandal wood. The musc also finally finds its place here - before the drydown, the musc notes are, sadly enough, drowned in fruity floral tones.

I agree with those comparing it to fabric softener or shampoo. It is not a very interesting fragrance. Still, I find it well balanced and fresh and I love the sandalwood tones - yet not so original and a wee bit too sweet and fruity. If it's worth its price? I don't know. Depends on what you're after. I paid 30 dollars for 50 ml/1.69 oz (after trying the fragrance on a few times) and I wasn't disappointed. If you are about to blind-buy something and like light, girly, sweet, fruity shampoo smell, L'Imperatrice is a good choice because of the lack of surprises. I love the bottle as well and it fits in my hand bag.

adamanda
adamanda

Beautiful and sexy fragrance, it has fruit tones which makes it suitable for spring and summer, but I think it´s great for fall and winter too. It´s a very pleasant and fresh scent. Once you use it, you will want it again and again...

vtothek
vtothek

You know, I really wanted to like this scent. The notes had me hoping for a summery fragrance that I could indulge in. When I tried it on, I was thoroughly disappointed. The main note that comes to me is booze! Yes, like watermelon vodka, and not a good vodka, but a cheap one in a plastic bottle. I don't know about you, but I like my perfumes to disguise the activities of the night before, not accentuate them! It's just a large fruit bomb, this scent is. Fruit with booze drizzled on top. Yuck. Maybe it's just my chemistry, but this fragrance is fowl.

justpeachy
justpeachy

L'Impératrice (3) EDT is shimmering and light: clean aquatic fruits, blonde woods, and elegant flowers.

At first, the red currant is strongest. It's accompanied by sweet kiwi and tangy rhubarb, and as the fragrance settles, the persian violet and jasmine blossom. The watermelon heart note is wonderfully crisp, and an unexpected but pleasingly sophisticated champagne note joins in. The drydown is a mix of clean musk, warm sandalwood, and bright grapefruit wood - pure and comfortable.

I find this to be a wonderful signature scent, lighthearted but classy. Statistically speaking, I suspect it's more likely to appeal to ladies, but I believe it would also be a very suitable hot-weather fragrance for men. It doesn't leave much of a trail, but it stays on my skin for the whole day. I'm very much looking forward to wearing it on a sultry July night.

All in all, the charisma of L'Impératrice - the Empress - is a sparkling glass of bubbly on a lush summer's day.

angie82
angie82

Just got this for christmas, i like it, it is a light fragrance with a little bit of floral and a little bit of citrus. It does linger the whole day for me. To be used during the day. It is not too alluring but it is still good.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Toilette)

L’IMPERATRICE is light and pleasant. It is very refreshing, like a cold drink in summer heat. I enjoy the watermelon note a lot in this composition. It has this beautiful watery fresh quality capturing the essence of what watermelon is. I like wearing this kind of scents on hot days when I crave cool and super light fragrances. It has this “just after the shower fresh” feeling. And yes… It does remind me of the Fructis shampoo scent. However, I do feel that this scent is much more refined and sophisticated.

The opening is like a bowl of kiwi, rhubarb, red currants and watery strawberries (not listed but I think I do smell them). The heart notes are translucent and misty with watermelon and cyclamen. The watermelon note is very refreshing. The scent remains fresh and light. The dry down is barely there on my skin and disappears quickly.

It is listed as unisex but in my humble opinion it is more for ladies. The scent is light and fresh but there is this tenderness and prettiness in this scent that feels quite girly to me.

The longevity is short. This is the only issue I have with this scent. If it was inexpensive, I would get a bottle and re-apply it throughout the day but it seems to be too expensive for the fragrance that disappears so quickly.

Thanks to Gypsy Parfumista for posting the complete notes in the review below.

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

Delicate and feminine fragrance. Opens with a burst of kiwi and reveals a light floral heart with watermelon and a watery note I can't put my finger on. Would be great in summer and closed spaces like office, theater, or school.

I think guys could wear it too; if they feel like dishing out such high price for a girly perfume. I personally like girl's perfumes on guys and vice versa. (Shrug) Hey... it's the 21st century right? :o)

Vreka93

I think, it's very feminine scent. Fresh,fruity, perfect for summer. I can't imagine on a man.

Minity Meo
Minity Meo

"it perfectly suits guys also" YES! L`Imperatrice It's suitable for mens that likes summer or fresh fragrances, perfect for the beach or hot days. The notes are watermelon and kiwi it's so strong in all olfative evolution. If you, Men looking for a good fragrance for summer try this.

sky hype
sky hype

Smells like fresh guava juice.. JUST GREAT!

UPD. Damn, it's everyewhere. Too pop.

A more complete notelist (from D&G website):

TOP: rhubarb, kiwi, red currants
HEART: pink cyclamen, watermelon, jasmine
BASE: musk, sandalwood and pamplewood*

*Pamplewood is the wood of the grapefruit tree*

I got a coffret set with each Anthology scent in a 20 ml bottle from an online retailer. I loved No. 6 and just adored No. 10, liked No. 18 a great deal and thought No. 1 was okay. No. 3 (L'Imeratrice=The Empress) was the only one I had doubts about whether I could pull off or not, even though they are ALL supposed to be unisex scents, this one screams more femme to me, and if I wore it would surely get some "girlyman" looks from people. Not that I care; today, I am wearing Givenchy's Eau Torride!

This scent is well-made enough and despite criticism, from other members and outside critics about sillage and longevity, (I, myself, have poked playfully at the Anthology line...) it is a very nice fruity-floral semi-aquatic. It opens very juicy with the sweet/sour rhubarb balancing the sweet kiwi and tart red currants to give an extremely fresh fruity air. The heart is a bit more floral with a muted jasmine and soft persian violet (cyclamen). The watermelon adds more fruitiness and some aquatic feel, but mostly it is fruity and then flowery, and very feminine (sweet, youthful and fresh). The drydown is typical, but light, with the addition of the citrus wood. The musk is clean and the sandalwood is slightly dusty and creamy. In the finish, the fruits are gone and the flowers softer; and the basenotes make it a bit more elegant but not rich or luxurious.

This is a scent that would be great on any woman who is lively and fun with some good taste, who wanted to smell nice-but not "perfumey". On the other hand: this would take a very special guy to pull off, but on the right skin the basenotes would be brought to the fore and the flowers would wane a bit: someone who has a natural "muskiness" about them but not "sour" skin. I would not wear this; but really find the scent on someone else quite adorable. Ru Paul could pull this off, I bet!...And, if any guys out there are wearing this I meant no offense; it was just a whimsical musing! :-)

Sillage: okay
Longevity: average
Overall: 2.75/5

This is REALLY not that bad! It is actually kind of nice; just not my cup of fruity tea...

This is going in my Mother's stocking, as a Christmas surprise!!!

:-)

WH
WH

It have a great kiwi and watermelon notes in it, kinda like Lush's Miranda soap. It feels like a scent a confident young lady would rock but staying power is poor.

nayab153
nayab153

I cannot even begin to describe how amazing I find this fragrance.
Watermelon is one of all time favourite scents, but it is so hard to find in a descent “grown-up” scent. Most watermelon based fragrances are based towards youngsters and come in overly bright pink bottles....which isn’t a bad thing per say, but at the age of 21 I would feel a little embarrassed to admit to someone that I was wearing a Barbie perfume if they were to ask!
I went into my local department store one day and was surprised to see that D&G had released 5 fragrances at the same time...it seems a little intense. Fragrances are supposed to be personal and meaningful (in my opinion) and how can they expect anyone to become familiar with these scents if they have mass produced 5 of them??!!
I however was compelled to buy a bottle of this (due to the watermelon) and I instantly fell in love with it! It’s simply gorgeous. It’s very fruity but yet manages to have a certain aura of maturity and elegance about it. Its lasting power is also very impressive especially at a price of only £30.
I would probably recommend this for evening wear as for me it can be a little intense during the day....

Suzi

I absolutely love this one it has a beautiful top note of pomegrante it's fruity, fresh and very long lasting. It's perfect for spring and summer it's really quite mouth watering actually like the nice scents you get at the body shop. My favourite fragrance is Light Blue from D&G I also love Cool and Wild from Ralph Lauren it's in the same group as those I'd say I think always try it first so you won't be disappointed and end up with a bottle that you don't like but how anyone wouldn't like 3 from D&G I can't imagine.
They are all quite nice actually

ChemistRhi
ChemistRhi

This is gorgeous, it lasts for EVER, so fresh, juicy and fruity and unique. It seems very well made too.

I suppose it's more of a summery scent, but it really goes well with a frosty, icy, chilly Swansea day as the sillage is amazing.

smells good enough to drink :-)

I sprayed it on in the morning and it was still there almost just as strong when I went to bed.

Arrogant_Cat
Arrogant_Cat

I got it by mistake - I was going for La Lune but somehow got it mixed up. Anyway, that is not even a problem, I love this fragrance .. as many have said it smells like shampoo- and it does!
I can definitely detect the watermelon, very fresh, clean scent. Sometimes I can smell cucumber but its not even listed in the notes.

Not very long-lasting though - I think I will definitely use up my bottle soon as I dont apply it sparingly at all.

narcotic
narcotic

Yes, it's Garnier Fructis EDT. But shame on Garnier (and, indirectly, L'Oreal) for not thinking of mass-marketing their fragrance as it is. It's not that perfumes are being woefully devalued to the point of glorified shampoos, it's just that shampoo fragrances have evolved to become perfumes, and a part of scent branding, in their own right. We would be ill-advised to ignore this point.

That said, L'imperatrice is one of those insipidly wonderful fruity aquatics that one can wear anytime. Its sillage and amplification are abysmal, but at least you won't have the parfumistas looking down their noses at you - they're too busy at the Guerlain counter trying to out-clever the shopgirls to notice you and your little secret scent.

Now that we're on the subject: why on earth doesn't anyone make an EDT version of Revlon's Outrageous shampoo? That would sell like hotcakes. You heard it from me first.

willowtreesimplicity
willowtreesimplicity

Very fresh and bright smelling. It reminds me a lot of a Bath & Body Works smell, maybe Cucumber Melon. There was mention that it smelled like a Garnier Fructis shampoo. I agree. Smells like something I would lather into my hair. I think this would be a great spring/summer fragrance as it is light and fruity smelling and would fit well on a sunny day at the beach.

kittymoon
kittymoon

This smells lovely! Fruity, clean, pleasant, clean, expensive, clean, feminine, clean, ... it just makes me happy and feel good (and clean). If it smells like the garnier shampoos and it's true what sherapop wrote that they stop the production I will get myself some back-up bottles! Because I just love it!

guest_Lily
guest_Lily

loved this one,my boyfriend picked it for me for,he said its very different and he 'cant forget the smell'! i splashed it on myself generously as its not very strong and a few girls bought it right away when the met me cos they 'couldnt forget the smell'! ;))) x x

Gelladon
Gelladon

I'm a straight man and it really enjoy wearing this sent. My fiance' bought me the D&G anthology for father's day. This is a unisex scent but a man with swagger can pull this off. I get a lot of complenents on this fragrance. Out of the whole set of 5 this my favorite.
Truly a top quality scent. As far as the whole D&G anthology in my opinion all of the are for men. I would want my fiance' to smell totaly different than anything in this set. She has better choices like very hollywood by michael kors just drives me crazy when she wears that. But to sum it up D&G 3 is the SHIT!!!!!!!

guest_Aria
guest_Aria

I hated this at first and wish i didnt spray it on me! then i couldnt stop smelling my wrists 30 minutes later. Have since purchased it :)

Others have said that it smells like fruity shampoo, which i would agree, but i would say more like "appley" hubba bubba. At the same time, doesnt smell cheap though. It is totally different from other fragrances and worth having in your collection if you like to have a mixture of perfumes that you choose which to wear depending on the day. Im sure youd find yourself reaching for this one.

ellebelle84
ellebelle84

this is a lovely fragrance. from my experiences D&G has never made a bad quality scent. I love the watery notes of watermelon. It is delicate but makes a statement, too. Beautiful for spring and summer days.

Suzi

I love number 3 it is perfect for summer it is quite delicious really mouth wateringly so but I love light blue too I love anything fruity floral gorgeous I would definitely recommend it I really love it It's fabulous !!!

la_beba

oh..i have to let this go..i can smell this everywhere...my friend also wear this..need something different lol..:(

la_beba

i like this scent but not love it. it definitely a fruity scent...the watermelon is very bright & strong..but not in a bad way..dry down to sweet musk but still have the fruity watermelon smell & very long lasting on me...i get compliment on this..they said they can smell me from distance..so if like to be notice in crowd this is for u...i can detect this perfume also if someone wear this..:)

guest_fashionista
guest_fashionista

I received a sample of this and fell in love. I put it on my list of scents to remember. Problem is... I couldn't get it out of my head! After a couple of days I finally went and bought it. I am wearing it right now and I love it! I never go for sweet scents because I don't believe they suit me. This is sweet, but mature and clean. It is a relaxing, sexy and classy scent. Love love love.

guest_Angelic
guest_Angelic

I love the smell of this perfume, very fruity but not cheap smelling. This perfume does not last on me though, so I will not purchase it again.

guest_perfumelover
guest_perfumelover

got this last week. i can smell burst of watermelon in first spray. very fruity. dry down to soft watermelon and musk. very sweet & fresh. smell a bit like syampoo too.

Thaigirl
Thaigirl

I don't know what happened, but I loved this one first in the shop, then yesterday I tested it again and it was so sharp on me.

alinurse
alinurse

I am enjoying this fragrance. I have so many, and this is my new daily favorite. It is as a exotic flip on a "girlie" scent. Stays with me, as I cannot smell it but am complemented through the day by men and women. Very nice change of pace.

guest_Audrey
guest_Audrey

I got all 5 scents, each 20ml, for $45 at Dillard's (actually, a family member works there and I got it for less than $35 after employee discount). Pretty good deal. And as I get bored of scents quickly, these will last just long enough. The #3 is deff my favorite. Supposedly these are all unisex, but I doubt that. Some are way too feminine, and some are pretty masculine scents. However, I feel I can wear all of them, especially if I add some sweet to the masculine scents.

anaaranha
anaaranha

I read about this fragrance and it was wrote that L'Imperatrice was the better one among all the "Tarot" line. So, I went for it.

If you like fruity compositions, this is for you. Very fruity, very day-use fragrance, but I find it very warm and I can't use it in hot days, I feel so sufocated, because it's smell is strong and it lasts hours and hours in my skin.

I will try it again in colder temperatures, I think I'm going to enjoy it better. Not a bad fragrance, bien entendu!

rosemary
rosemary

I was looking forward to the aquatic scent but was greeted with a floral and fruity scent that tends to smell a little too sweet. This would probably make a good spring and summer scent. When the scent settles down, it smells fresh and slightly soapy on the skin like you just stepped out a shower. I like it but I am not in love with it. But it's certainly one of the scents you should check out from the anthology series. Be aware that the scent does not last very long so get the biggest bottle if you plan on using this often since you need to reapply every two hours.

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

nothing aquatic at all.. a bit floral and very fruity.. not bad, but definitely not what I expected..

This is a very summery perfume, for my taste one of the better perfumes in this line of D&G. GREAT for summer!

guest_ify
guest_ify

i got this as a gift, i love this perfume and i will be buying it again and again. people ask me what i use cos they just love the way i smell

9154mf
9154mf

I would never even dream of buying this nor would I even want it for free. For a line that is marketing itself as a higher-end alternative to D&G's usual frags, this is such a disappointment. Serioulsy Britney's fragrances have more personality that this crap! This is a broing fruity scent, certainly doesnt smell original and not in the least sexy. All I could smell was peach, an overload of peach, then I looked on here and OK I see its actually watermelon and kiwi, but whatever, it smelled the same the whole time, didnt change at all, and while it is an 'inoffensive' smell as such, I find it has no personality whatsoever, and yes I agree it smells like a drugstore shampoo, or at best like one of Escada's neverending list of tropical fruity concoctions. Big thumbs down to this.

sofiii
sofiii

L'Imperatrice is the most girly sweet one among the other Anthology perfume.
It is nice, cute, I find it really inoffensive, just like some Garnier Frucitis shampoo residual.

Anyways, about the scent, it is really fruity with fresh quality. Even thought it is classified as Floral Aquatic, it doesn't have the weird synthetic sports aquatic notes.
It starts really fresh and sweet, a lot of kiwi fruit, with watermelon freshness. Somehow, I've got some peach scent, which reminds me slightly of Maybe Baby by Benefit.
It stays a good two hours and then dries down to something slightly sweeter, floral.

It stays on my skin for about 3 hours, while normally EDT stays on me for 6 hours. :-(

drummerboy1986
drummerboy1986

Great as base for an even better fragrance!!!! A great base for fragrances along the lines of true religion, hilfiger, bahama Set Sail South Seas, issey Miyake, even jean paul gaultier, polo blue/red,white,blue,perry ellis(red, a much better version of acqua di gio, fuel, Prada Man(amber pour homme), Tom Ford's Hanae Mori's HM for men,Thierry Mugler's Cologne even Burberry's London,

Me encantó!!!, los perfumes frutales son lo mejor... cuando probé los 5 perfumes, este fue el único especial! quien me lo podría regalaaaar !

Misanthrope
Misanthrope

I'd say it has the character of most Escada perfumes, maybe Tropical punch in particular - a pleasant unpretentious fruity smell, but no depth whatsoever. I also agree it slightly reminds the smell of Garnier Fructis shampoo.

selinum28
selinum28

I have been smelling this fragrance for hours, but the scent doesn't vary. It is the smell of watermelon and apple candies: fruity and spicy, brilliant but without depth. Better on a young woman, applied slightly.

MimilovesBritney
MimilovesBritney

I smelled this quite recently, and i have to say it is the best out of the five fragrances on offer. It has great lasting power after spritzing it onto my skin lightly, and is possibly the most attractive compared to the others. Definitely quite girly and feminine...I will buy very soon ;)

guest_pearl of the ocean
guest_pearl of the ocean

None of the D&G Anthology collection seemed to have great lasting power, and the scents weren't very original smelling either.
But at least L'Imperatrice 3 had personality and spark to it. The fruity floral notes were blended in a sophisticated manner, so you wouldnt think this was 'yet another typical fruity teen fragrance'.

Why on earth is this a Unisex fragrance though? I simply can't imagine a man wearing this.

perfume_prince
perfume_prince

This is the only perfume in the D&G anthology collection that i personally liked. ( the rest i can't care for at the moment)

I absoutely loved the opening when i first sprayed. YUMMY WATERMELON AND KIWI EXPLOSTION ! (^_^)

But then it dried down..smelling not so great anymore.. could it be because of the cyclamen ? Or maybe it just doesn't suit me ? (~_~)

I will keep trying and see..

pinkywithabrain2020
pinkywithabrain2020

This is such a sweet light scent...I can really smell the watermelon in this...which is just mouth watering...but the cyclamen holds it's own with the hint of flowers...a great spring/summer scent. I just want to see how stays throughout the day.

Aui_Manila
Aui_Manila

just got this as a present and i am in love with this fragrance. really fruity but not too girly. first off, the bottle is lovely in itself. its clean, sleek. then the scent starts really fresh, the watermelon [or is it grapefruit?] notes standing out. just the perfect scent for our very humid weather. the musk comes in once it settles in your skin. overall, i think it's a fun scent.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

L'Imperatrice, "The Empress" is feminine in all aspects. Out of the Anthology collection, this is suited more for women. Kiwi and watermelon... need I say more??

midsummer
midsummer

No no no. Started out really liking it on first spray. It smelled very fresh and sweet. Then all the non-fruit notes faded as time went on until I felt like I was carrying around a giant tropical fruit basket. Definitely not for me.

levissima
levissima

deistvitelno na blottere pohoj na fruktis garnier.... dostatochno deshevo, no slishkom bolshoi ob'em... nado poprobovat' na koje

guest_JaNet
guest_JaNet

I use Garnier Fructis hair products, and have used them for a long time, so know quite well their smell. And YES, the first impression I got when I smelled this perfume was as if I had just squirted some Fructis conditioner out of the bottle!
Too expensive to smell just like my everyday hair conditioner! (which is a nice smell, don't get me wrong, but just not the smell I would pay such a high price for).

guest_bliss
guest_bliss

Dont know about smelling like shampoo, smells nothing like fructis to me! This perfume is amazing, I smelt all 5 and this one I fell in love with straight away. Nothing smells like this on the market. Its so fruity and fresh but reminds me of high fashion in italy in the mediteranian sun driving around in expensive convertibles. Maybe thats because its by D and G :-) yum!

D&G L'IMPERATRICE strikes me as misnamed, for she is a fruity-floral reminiscent of similar fragrances available at Victoria's Secret (among those I've reviewed, I'd say closest to SEXY LITTLE THING).

If the truth be told, though, L'IMPERATRICE comes closest of all to the unmistakeable scent of Garnier Fructis hair products. In fact, the scent is so close that once D&G stops production (which they will...), Demeter can pick the formula up and market it as "Garnier Fructis facsimile"!

I have used several of the GF hair products--though not for their smell--and so can speak ex cathedra on this point. It seems to me that if you happen to like this particular scent, you'll save a lot of money simply by using GF leave-in conditioner.

In the end, L'IMPERATRICE presents itself to my nose as not an aquatic but a fruity floral with a slight chemical tinge. I myself do not seek this scent out, but I also don't shun it. However, I do think that I would avoid buying another bottle of L'IMPERATRICE just in order to avoid smelling like a hair conditioner that I use in spite of--not because of--the scent!

mandashell
mandashell

This is a fresh, fruity and invigorating fragrance. Not your typical floral fruity because it has a watery vibe but isn't very flowery or excessively sweet. Would love to own a bottle but the scent is surprisingly weak and for the price I am forced to pass it up. Out of all the scents tested at Macy's tonight, this faded the fastest. ;'(

L'Imperatrice is delightfully fruity, watery and fresh.

The watermelon and kiwi fruit notes go well together and in some ways I enjoy this lack of citrus. I am reminded of sorbet when I smell this fragrance, it has quite a sweet touch which is both smooth and desirable.

Although sweet, L'Imperatrice is not synthetic. This smells expensive. I am rather surprised that this is unisex, I found the top notes to be extremely feminine. However, in the base notes I sense a hint of masculinity. The sweetness tends to mellow and the kiwi note becomes stronger and much more tart. This tarty kiwi fruit and musk blend I don't enjoy on myself, however I could see it working well on a man.

The lasting power is so-so, with the sillage being quite intimate. I think it would be risky to buy this for a man if you weren't sure if he likes sweet scents. However, in the case of women, I think a majority of their buyers will be the fairer sex.

LenaBel
LenaBel

Interesting fruity perfume, I actually can say I like it. My friend has it and it smells really good on her. I would compare it to Escada summery perfumes but D&G is slightly richer and more intense (but not overpowwering in any way).

secretcrush
secretcrush

Its deliciously fruity but not overbearing... Just wish the sillage was better for the price, I ended up returning mine to Nordstroms after 2 days...

jatzzie
jatzzie

Very fruity, light, fresh, perfect for summer.:) Gives you this justshowered-feeling,sure to be popular for hot summer days.I wasn't too keen on trying this Anthropologie-series, as the bottles are a bit too simple and bland for my taste, however up-close, they actually look much better and definitely not cheap.;)

Tarots? The Empress?!? No way! You may not forced to go to Shalimar-like scents for such a great tarot, but this fruity girly frilly fragrance is not suitable neither! It is alltogether quite nice smelling, i'm not saying that it stinks, but it's not thrilling at all. Very bland, too uncomplicated, like an upscaled version of just any drugstore fruit water for teenagers. If you are very much into watermelon, kiwi or also cucumber-like fragrances and this kind of things you may like it, but no Empress here.

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

This is my favourite out of all 5 fragrances.

I love the fruity opening and the musky drydown. I dont smell watermelon in this at all maybe its the mixture of the kiwi and the melon, but it comes off as a really juicy mango note.

This to some would come off as feminine, but this smells alot more masculine on me yet totally feminine on my mum.

I have been looking for a new fruity fragrance, to replace my CK one summer 09 and I've found it, plus the compliments have been coming in thick and fast as it's such a different smell to anything on the market.

Happy, Fun and very sexy.

Zaleska
Zaleska

An ultimate NO for this one! Besides, NO for the whole collection!
The smell is ok, but weak sillage and staying power don't deserve I pay its expensive price. There are much better fragrances with lower prices!

guest_Panchi
guest_Panchi

I saw all the perfumes at the store and smelled every one of them. Then I sprayed this one and kept shopping. I think I came back about 5 times to smell it and see if I want it to buy. Once I was at the register I decided to go back for it and get it. I love the smell and get many complements from it. It doesn't wear out fast and it just wakes me up. Its my favorite so far.

atenais_only
atenais_only

The watermelon smells very nice what you just put it on. I liked it a lot at the beginning. But after an hour the perfume fade away and I was very upset and disappointed. It didn't last at all, maybe that's why it's in that big bottle. So happy I didn't buy it.

jae
jae

This is a very casual, fresh and clean scent. I don't get the shampoo that others are detecting and I'm in total disagreement with anyone that thinks that this is too feminine for a man to pull off.

misscareyann
misscareyann

I sprayed this on a card in the store and immediately fell in love with it. This fragrance is bright and fruity, clean and refreshing.
There is a sweetness to it, but not a candy syrupy sweet. It is a clear and light sweetness. Great for any kind of weather. Great light hearted, fun and beautiful fragrance.
I ordered a bottle and can't wait to recieve it!

UPDATE 08/26/10 : This lasts a long time on me (spray some on your clothes)!! I always ALWAYS get compliments when I wear this, and when I'm not getting compliments, people are saying,"it smells nice in this room". Fruity, but not your typical fruity. A grown up sweet fragrance.

guest_Fyd
guest_Fyd

I'm a descendent of Antonio Imperatrice from Canna, Calabria, Italy..haven't tried the perfume yet. Just excited about our family name being used.

ossini
ossini

it smells like raspberry, fresh and sweet at the same time. wonderful! its like you put fresh soda water on raspberry sirup! yummy! its very long lasting and smells great on my skin!

guest_Neetie
guest_Neetie

The reasons I purchased this fragrance were: 1. Dolce and Gabbana 2. My surname is "Imperatrice." I absolutely love it. Fruity & I love watermelon and kiwi. I, too, cannot see a man wearing this, but, that's a personal choice. Brava D and G and viva L'Imperatrice! I shall spread the word to all at upcoming family reunion.

Ivy
Ivy

I love this perfume. I bought it after sniffing a sample in Vogue. It's my new favorite. It's sweet and clean. It's unisex, but I don't see many men wearing it.

guest_Jess
guest_Jess

Just tried this one in the Mall and it is so nice. Little bit fruity, but not in a teenage way. Fresh and clean. I think I will buy this one.

Branwen

It smells absolutely delicious. I'm wearing it right now and I can feel the fruity smellperfect for summer, so feminine. I've been looking for the eau de parfum version, I don't know if there's is actually one, and maybe the weak staying of its power its because its only and eau de toilette. :(

passion gold
passion gold

it's an interesting smell, but for me it's smells like bublegum...fresh but sweet at the same time...

Branwen

Got this one 'cause I read that smells like Fructis shampoo, which fragance I love but cant use 'cause it works horribly on my hair. I also love and trust D&G so I decided to take my chances on this one, love the name btw. So, I'm testing it and see how it goes!. Couldn't be that bad since it is a D&G.

Ouch!
Ouch!

LOVE! This would be such a brilliant summer/spring scent. It's quite feminine and fruity/floral but that doesn't bother me at all the big fluffy person I am! It's a unisex perfume but I would say it's more feminine than masculine but a certain type of guy could pull this off.

It's really heavy on the bright fruit, this scent almost sparkles I love it.

The melon holds on throughout, it's very noticable when you first spray it on but the floral side of this takes over during the drydown, the melon is still there peeking behind though which gives it a lovely freshness but I can also detect a very light wood in this. Not sure what it might be but..it's got a dryness behind all that juicyness which I'm thinking is some sort of wood.

Some people may be put off by the loudness of this scent, it's sometimes verges on being "Fruity Candle" or "Air Freshener" but I definately love it! Can't wait to spritz this fruity nectar on in the summer months (After I've brought it of course)
Edited to add, yay!! I own it now. Just need some sunshine.

Surreal
Surreal

I bought it without smelling after I read that it smells like Garnier Fructic shampoo. It does. And I love it. Fruity, vibrant, fresh and simply gorgeous. Don't know if it's for guys though, find it quite girly. Price is nice too for the biggie bottle!

wallflower
wallflower

i think this perfume will be the most popular in the Anthology line because it's a young, fruity, fresh, uncomplicated smell so instantly likeable by everyone(a crowd-pleaser so to say).
when i first smelled this, it strongly reminded me of the Escada limited edition summer fragrances and seemed too common and fruity, not much more sophisticated or interesting than a body splash.
but it actually lasted on the fragrance tester and it seemed better and better, with time it became a little less fruity and more sort of milky but remained fresh, almost icy-fresh. it reminds me of delicious fruity ice creams. in fact it's a tad more grown-up fruitiness than the Escadas, because its not candy-like and sugary, but more of a refreshing and juicy fruitiness.
if it has lasting power on my skin, i will consider buying this for the summer because on some really hot days you just dont want to smell expensive and sophisticated but prefer a simple, refreshing smell so that you can feel all day as if you just came out of the shower.
i like the name 'l'impératrice' which means 'the empress'. i dont know how much it suits the perfume (i would rather think of a heavier, oriental, seductively feminine scent by this name than the actual perfume) but it's gorgeous anyway!:)

SSUNSHINE4497
SSUNSHINE4497

I really love this scent :-) A few weeks ago I went to Macys to pick up a diff parfume and they gave me a spray sample of D&G #3 and fell in love! At the time I didnt know which D&G it was but found it and couldnt resist! The scent is fresh and fruity to begin and ends with a soft musk like powder. (Just wish it lasted longer)

If you enjoy fresh, fruity scents try this one!

Annie_D
Annie_D

This perfume did NOT smell good on me. If I wanted to smell like bathroom air freshener I would go to walmart and spray some glade for a heck of a lot cheaper. This just wasn't my cup of tea, too fruity too aerosal.

CdR_Highlander
CdR_Highlander

Absolutely delightful! Not too fruity or citrusy and given the compliments I have received to date, it's a definite keeper! Works great every day; including at that time of the month when we wan t something new but can't settle on a new fragrance...L'Imperatrice is it! Totally fresh & happy; but also taps into the girl in every woman!;)

MoietToi
MoietToi

I think that this is an extremely interesting scent and not to mention that I love the bottle! Anyways this scent starts out as a very livley,fruity and energetic scent. it reminds me very much of me when I am in a state of hyper activity. I bounce on wall's and I can't stop talking. This sweet,yummy scent matches that sort of mood. The only problem is that the dry down reminds me too much of baby powder. I am sorry but if it was not for the dry down I would have loved it!

ruxxy
ruxxy

This one is nice, fruity indeed, but I thought at first that it smells intensely and clearly like pear!

taydev
taydev

didnt really like this one. too fruity and sweet. it probably goes well blended with another one of the anthology scents but alone i ranked it #5

scenturian
scenturian

I dont agree with Adriana_87, it perfectly suits guys also.
Yes it is very fresh and lite, good choice for summer.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Very fresh and fruity,i thought it was only for women.I dont think this suits a guy at all.Cant imagen that men will use this.But i liked it very much,a mix of sweet and fresh.Like a good showergel or shampoo.I might buy this one,but my favourite is number 10.

triplex
triplex

Shampoo? yes a bit. Unisex? no way! aquatic? no.
I think this is a nice fruity floral. I thought there would have been more fruits in it. I thought maybe peach and pinapple. But you can definately smell melon. If you like fruity florals and maybe not the girliest ones, this is for you. Lasting power was really good. Not on my wish-list.

Trvevil
Trvevil

It's aquatic?? It's definitely one of the best then! Yes, it smells like shampoo, but a very gorgeous one!

I grabbed the 'Naomi Campbell one' and it didn't disappoint me. I'm in love with this stuff. The most delicious ever blend of watermelon and kiwi is here! Kiwi note is dominating- it rounds sweet watermelon with it's sourness. It's not sharp, it's so soft and clean like silk. It has similar character like Petite Cherie.

Lasting power is not weak, it's pretty good, goes through all day. 2 sprays isn't enough but 4 should do it.

The dry-down is kinda musky and pleasant and it stays long. I will wear this in winter, I want it to be kinda crisp, clean and iced.

Name suits it well- Imperatrice- sounds kinda in a russian way, but it smells like something south queen would wear.
The fragrance comes with white D&G bag with ribbons when you buy it. I noticed that these fragrances are selling fast , I mean girl before me bought D&G too.
Box is white and very minimalistic.

Bottle is minimalistic as well - the number and name of fragrance is on a sticker, but it doesn't cheapen the look.

I wondered what about cap- it looks unfamiliar and I even thought it'd be splash (oh no!), fortunately it's just a shape- cap itself is quite heavy and nice to hold.Juice color reminds me of watermelon flavored water.

rainydays
rainydays

Very pretty and feminine (I recall somewhere it said it was unisex, but I can't see a man wearing this). It's not different or interesting, just a typical fruity floral, but it's not at all bad. My mom has it and I use her bottle sometimes when I want something clean and bright, but I don't think I'd get a bottle for myself.

edit: the more I use it, the more I like it. It becomes more delicious every time I spray it on, and though I still stand by what I said (that it's not a breakthrough) I have to say I'm addicted!

imgcas
imgcas

It smells like Garnier Fructis shampoo. Fruits and a clean sensation, quite femenine and light.
I like it but I think that the smell has nothing to do with the Tarot theme.

Sillage and staying power are weak.

guest_melahij
guest_melahij

This fragrance is awesome. I got a sample from my rep at Nordstrom last weekend and it is just wonderful. If you are the happy, fun-loving and free-spirited type, you will love this fragrance.

D&G Anthology L`Imperatrice 3 by Dolce&Gabbana 4.08 out of 5 based on 1788 ratings and 336 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana D&G Anthology L`Imperatrice 3 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana D&G Anthology L`Imperatrice 3, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify D&G Anthology L`Imperatrice 3 by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of D&G Anthology L`Imperatrice 3 by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.