Designers » D E » Oriental Spicy « Groups

D&G Anthology La Force 11 Dolce&Gabbana for men

D&G Anthology La Force 11 Dolce&Gabbana for men
dislike

cinnamon
D&G Anthology La Force 11 Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures D&G Anthology La Force 11 Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures D&G Anthology La Force 11 Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures D&G Anthology La Force 11 Dolce&Gabbana for men Pictures

D&G Anthology La Force 11, sixth fragrance of the Anthology collection presented by the house of Dolce & Gabbana, was launched on the market at the beginning of September 2009. The fragrance arrives as 100 ml EDT and has the same form and design as other fragrances of the collection. The fragrance was dedicated to people with strong and temperamental character who are looking for urban and powerful fragrances which reflect their character.

Powerful unisex Anthology La Force 11 has an oriental composition, a mixture of gourmand spicy accords of cinnamon, allspice and rich bourbon vanilla.

Cardamom Cinnamon Pimento

Nutmeg Heliotrope Cypress

Sandalwood Vanille Caraway

D&G Anthology La Force 11 Fragrance Reviews

SDavis93
SDavis93

Got this online in a sale for half price and i must say its not even worth the £19 i paid for it. blind bought it because it was D&G for a decent price. Its a deceiving name La Force they should have named it Le Sucre, its a very sweet creamy vanilla scent nothing spicy in this don't get the cinnamon or cardamom at all, lasts an hour max even when over sprayed, its just not good at all. it is also very unisex, women may like it, but its definitely unisex . hate hating on fragrances especially D&G as i love some of their other fragrances, but this is bad, bad scent, bad name, bad bottle and over priced just a disappointment for a house like D&G 3/10.

happygeisha
happygeisha

so i foolishly doused both my forearms in this at Ulta because all the reviews said that it faded quickly and i was going to make sure that didn't happen to me. yeeeeaaahhhhh...no. big mistake, hahaha. not only was it ever-present and potent and migraine inducing but i ended up walking around for the rest of the day reeking of a GIANT human cinnamon stick. i'm now turned off from that spice, like, forever. UGH.

Quite an enjoyable fragrance once it's mellowed a bit. I like the fact that although the vanilla is there it's not too prominent to the point where it's a wash out and the spice of cinnamon and cardamom I like.
Not great but best one of this collection I've tried so far.

MrClements
MrClements

Once again. I was instantly drawn to this scent. However it quickly fades as does no.6. Don't waste your money.

lucaschiang8
lucaschiang8

i'm kinda disappointed with #11 La Force :(

renzo77
renzo77

this is the best of the line the more intense aroma than such nonsense only lacoste hugo boss, armani bvlgari dolce & gabbana and the only good of Procter & Gamble
and this is not unisex mens

Carter-Blood
Carter-Blood

Having previously tested the entire range I had soon discovered that the only fragrance worth its salt was No.10, so I purchased a bottle for my partner.
Today I have been presented with a bottle of No.11, so here comes my honest view.
Initially the scent sits lightly, a mixture of cinnamon, pimento, vanilla and cardomom. Unlocking the other notes within the hour it is possible to note sandlewood and something else that is spicy but not what I would refer to as nutmeg. The fragrance remains light after one, two and three hours before fading right off into nothingness.
Suspecting that my original testing and view might be in error I took time to get opinion at work. A general consensus held that the fragrance was a cheap market stall product that might cost two or three pounds - certainly not something valued at ten times the price.
Personally I would never buy this at any price, but as a gift it will find use. Should D&G somehow increase the quality of this fragrance sofar as longevity and silage are concerned I believe that it would be a serious challenge to Chanel's Allure.

gaz525
gaz525

Although this is a unisex fragrance id say it is more for men. You can really smell the vanilla and cinnamon in it but somethings stops it being very sweet which i like. You can smell its sweetness only slightly but it stops from smelling like most fragrances out there, a bag of sweets!I am someone that wears fragrance every day but unfortunately my skin doesnt give it off but with this i get compliments all the time.

olivedrah
olivedrah

Fantastic e different! It's a oriental woody scent. Vannila and cinnamon in perfect union with red pepper. The spicy scent surrounds lightly the fragrance. Surprising and very very seductive!

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

All the scents in the Anthology line were named after tarot cards. In fact, the earliest advertising releases for the collection included images of the Deviant Moon tarot deck, until it was removed for copyright reasons. Number 11 of the major arcana of the tarot, Strength (in French, la Force), has traditionally pictured a woman, all the way back to the medieval Visconti-Sforza deck. So the only thing that could have been more ridiculous than calling a man's scent La Force in an obvious reference to the card would be naming a woman's fragrance after the Hanged Man.

PipeDreams#1
PipeDreams#1

Let's get one thing out of the way up front. These scents in the Anthology collection have absolutely zero longevity and fair to poor projection. I have three of them and not one has any lasting power. Now that we have that out of the way, we can talk about the scent. La Force is a wonderful warm cinnamon and vanilla on my skin with just a touch of spice courtesy of the pimento. I have never tried a scent with pimento in it, but it provides a nice heat that elevates and keeps the vanilla from becoming cloying on my skin. I will not be trying any of the other scents in the collection due to their awful lasting power, but if I was judging a scent based just on a whiff this would be a winner.

LiLoLiLo
LiLoLiLo

I adore this scent!It's warm ,elegant,pleasant ,light.
I can smell vanilla,but the cinnamon seems to be hidden,I can't smell it at all! My only disappointment is that the longevity is extremely poor :(

manofscents
manofscents

I have all nine fragrances in this anthology line including l'empereur 4 which is not included in the database and i have to say this one is pretty good, got a compliment the first time i wore it.

Majesty
Majesty

I am wondering where's the cinnamon in La Force 11!! If cinnamon smells like Gillete shaving foam,because that's how it smells to me!Plastic,unreal,just like getting out of a barbershop!Lasts a while..Disappointing and unoriginal..

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A scent which smells similar to others and does not last long

0-1 hour - smells like a typical, gerneric, modern, cheap scent. Scent is not bad, but not great either, very average. More man's scent. This is more of an aftershave then EDT. Light, delicate, not offensive. Projection approx 1.5 foot. There is no distinct vanilla or cinammon smell, instead the combo smells more like a very light fragranced lemony-soapy effect.

1-2 hours - Projection approx 6 inches, same scent

2-3 hours - 1 inch projection, same scent

3 hours - 7 hours - 1 inch projection. Scent on skin becomes very soapy to the point of sickening.

Not for me and very forgetable

L'amoureux
L'amoureux

I brought it because I was making a return and I didn't want to leave the store empty handed. I was kind of upset with myself for picking this up because it seemed generic and mediocre. I only wore it because I didn't want to waste my money. It's actually very alluring. I love it soooooo much. It's vanilla bourbon, and they spiced it up so well. I get a oriental, middle-eastern vibe when I wear it. I think it's the pimento and cinammon that make it so delicious. All the colognes I have I consider 10/10. Check it out!

Carles
Carles

I really like this and was not expecting Dolce & Gabbana to launch a scent like this. I don't think it is as "independent" as their other scents (like Pour Homme and Light Blue). As many have already said, it's not a scent that develops into something else, but that is fine to me. I like the smell and want it to smell like it does from the start.
I love the smell of vanilla and cinnamon and prefer sweet scents with an oriental touch. This scent has it and is like Bulgari Black but for a younger generation.

I think it will either smell good, if it blends with your natural smell, or be irritating to your nose if it doesn't. At last I would say it's more appropriate to wear later on the day.

ian85
ian85

Artificiel et sans intérêt... Du procter & Gamble: un dérivé de lessive! Berkkk! Soapy and sticky : headache on the drydown. Definitively not for me...

Mushroomfat

I don't care lol I'm still wearing L'Imperatrice regardless of that, it's my favourite one.
La Force, in my opinion, is still wearable by women, but La Lune is definitely for the ladies.

je suis
je suis

why they say that all this anthology is unisex????????? no this is wrong!!!!!!!!! 1,6,11, are for men and 3,10,18,are for ladies!!! see on d&g.com!!!!!

JohnMc
JohnMc

Warm spicy offering, with sweet notes as part of the anthology range. To those with a predeliction for such fragrances this one will not disappoint, however it won't reach the rooftops either. Nice and one which I definitely like, but not as much No10, which I profess I love.

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

I was handed a sample of this by a sales assistant whilst in a department store and after previously trying the others in the poor anthology series i was just going to chuck this in the bin...i am glad i did not because this is beautiful. It is simple,elegant and understated. It would be perfect for a chilly night as i think that would bring the notes out perfectly.
I feel it has some similarity to boss bottled but with a much drier edge. It is one of those scents that needs a good half an hour to warm up but when it does it leaves a warm and slightly spicy trail that lasts quite a long time.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

great. bought this unsniffed at a fragrantica's reviewer rec. oriental vanillas seem to be a fave among my perfume collection. there is a smokey/buring rubber note in this that reminds me a lot blvgari black. of course, that can also come across as anise as well. in that regard, that also reminds me of lolita for men. as a proud owner of both those colognes, i have to say i love this. and i like mixing it with vanilla musk from coty. most def a unisex scent. thumbs up.

Castor
Castor

Tried it and liked it a lot, but the notes reminded me of something I've got in my collection; after an hour of getting whiffs of notes from the blotter I realized that the whole composition was very similar to that of Quartz pour Homme by Molyneux, a fragrance described as a woody acquatic by Fragantica, which at the same time resembles many of the scents released in the 1990's - Ralph Lauren's Safari, for example.

So, just to keep it simple, forget about the vanilla and the cinnamon, from my experience, you won't get much of these: citric top notes morph into spices leaving musk and letaher mid notes and floral base notes.

The blend smells conservative and mature, rather than young and in-fashion. For those interested in strong fragrances, sillage and longevity are remarkable - a reason t think of this as Quartz's pout Homme perfume - version.

Mushroomfat

I agree it is a little plain and simple, but this is one of this moments when the result of
that simplicity is justification.
Honestly, it smells great. Cinammon and Vanilla is simple, and great on a cappuccino. It's sweet and refreshing, and that's how La Force makes me feel. There's more to it than that; they've combined varieties of cinnamon spices and vanilla spices, bringing a variety of spicy notes that create something so much more than a sweet smell.
You can buy more than one of these anthologies and mix them together for fun (I think that was one idea in mind when creating the range anyway) to create your own masterpiece. In saying that, I'd like to see which would have coffee notes or leather notes to mix with La Force, or just to wear on their own.
I strongly recommend trying the range (ask for the coffee tin for freshing) over a number of visits and see for yourself what you can put together in your mind.

NevilleM
NevilleM

I've been trying this one on and off for a few weeks after being given a sampler. It's (allegedly) not complex. It's not floral. No sign of wood. There's no reason I should like it but my skin loves it. Cinnamon and bourbon vanilla and on me it lasts all day, low sillage, close to the skin, great for the daily 8 till 6.

Trvevil
Trvevil

So, ok. I'm surprised that it actually got so bad reviews. Yes, it's plain, cinnamon and vanilla only. But, gosh, do we have a cinnamon, solely cinnamon fragrance out there? Nee ... Too much judgement. All Anthology series frags are kinda.. easy. So this one is easy as well.

So, I tested it today at Debenhams, and I quite like it, even consider to buy sometime maybe. It is subtle, but dry, a bit fiery cinnamon aura with pretty hot wood feel to it. Vanilla is only somewhere hiding. -.- As most of this series fragrances, it can be perfectly worn by men & women.

guest_CoL
guest_CoL

I have it, unfortunatley bought it blind. Basically it's a plactic oriental. As with just about all Proctor and Gamble creations, their vision is $$ not decent fragrances.

Minnija
Minnija

it i very similar to Boss in motion for man :)

jae

No, it's not a fake. It was released shortly after the first 5 in the US as a Macy's exclusive. It's one of my favorites.

guest_Chemistrhi
guest_Chemistrhi

Nooooo is this really a fake? Sounds gorgeous, I asked in Debenhams in UK about this and they'd never heard of it, and I have a little D&G booklet about the Anthology collection and there's no sign..... :-(

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

This sounds amazing! I can't believe she stated this was fake! I can't find this anywhere in the UK I figure it was just released in the USA. I have seen a few bottles on Ebay over the months but they are like gold dust.

I definately will blind buy this because it sounds delicious, I love l'imperatrice from the range

Carolinealgot
Carolinealgot

Sounds very good! I was talking to a beautyconsultant working for D&G and she claimed this 6th one was fake and that i was stupid claiming this one even existed! I'm not a professional, i just love perfumes and i had right!

i am crazy about this perfume, here in my country they dont have in that moment, but its sounds delicious, VANILLA, CINAMON, yummy, yummy!!!!

La Force is fascinating to say the least, very gourmand yet sophisticated and stylish.

Perhaps due to the rich, yellow coloured liquid, I swore that I detected a banana note in the opening, rather like flambéed bananas drizzled with golden syrup. This initial scent disappears quickly though, giving way to a pleasant, soft floral blend.

The spicyness does take awhile to develop, but when it comes through, it is divine. This fragrance is not heavy, so those that tend to avoid strong, sugary gourmands, shouldn't be scared to try this one.

Although sweet and very dessert-like, (a cookie dough smell in particular), it manages to suit an older crowd and easily jump into unisex territory (the perfect mixture of masculine and feminine).

I did enjoy this fragrance immensely, however the sillage and lasting strength was pretty weak. I've been wearing this fragrance now for about 3 hours, and it is very faint, almost undetectable. If I loved this fragrance enough, I'd most likely decant some of the perfume into a purse atomiser so I could re-apply during the day.

guest_Alessioh
guest_Alessioh

j'aime ce parfums! cela faisait longtemps que j'attendais une frangance qui aurait pour note de tête la cannelle et la vanille!!
fort et énergique : j'ai 3 flacons!!!!!

guest_leigh
guest_leigh

i really like this perfume. there is something so sexy about it. i keep trying to think if it smells more like a woman or a man since it is unisex. i asked my older brothers and they said they wouldnt wear it because it smells more for a woman. i agree. i can see how some do think of it more for a man because it's strong, but it dies down into a really warm and exotic/oriental scent which i love.

jae

I just tried and bought this one today. it doesn't necessarily conjure up a passionate feeling for it. But it's an excellent casual Fall/Winter fragrance. I actually think that this suits men moreso than it would women.

UPDATE: I judged this one WAY TOO SOON. I LOVE IT! After actually wearing this on my skin, it has achieved the results I had once hoped for Dior Homme. This one is a warm vanilla with a special twist. There's something "Arabic/Eastern" about #11 that blends with my skin chemistry to PERFECTION. La Force wears fairly close to the skin with just enough projection to draw someone closer to find out what you're wearing. As for the reviews below, I'm not sure what led to those impressions, but this fragrance is one that I'll be reaching for. Dior Homme didn't work well on my skin. This fragrance redeemed vanillas for me. I love it.

kylexora
kylexora

i love vanilla, cinnamon-just ok. i try it today and i dont feel like i have to buy it. i have very sharp nose and i know definitely my type just after smell it. and if i dont but it, i will always think about it. but nothing happen when i try this perfume. my intuition just kept quiet and i know that this is not the one for me. i cant remember the smell even after i hour i try it.

Migotka
Migotka

I have just tried it (and all the other ones as well). And, although it looks good notewise, in reality the fragrance is very mediocre. I LOVE oriental fragrances, with vanilla and cinnamon being one of my favourite notes. And here... they just are. But they are nothing special. To be quite fair after a couple of hours I already can't remember how La Force smelled like at all, which is a huge disappointment. I counted it might be my Autumn '09 fragrance.

taydev
taydev

OMG! is this one of the 2 new ones d&g is presenting? tbh, im not good with cinnamon but i'd love to smell this anyway. this will probly be a fragrance fit for women than men.

D&G Anthology La Force 11 by Dolce&Gabbana 3.58 out of 5 based on 167 ratings and 41 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana D&G Anthology La Force 11 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana D&G Anthology La Force 11, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify D&G Anthology La Force 11 by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of D&G Anthology La Force 11 by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.