Designers » D E » Chypre Floral « Groups

dislike

tuberose
leather
D&G Anthology La Lune 18 Dolce&Gabbana for women Videos
D&G Anthology La Lune 18 Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures D&G Anthology La Lune 18 Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures D&G Anthology La Lune 18 Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures

Dolce & Gabbana presents five perfumes of their collection The D&G Anthology, which arrives on the market in September 2009. Two other fragrances will join the collection next year.

The fragrances are advertised by celebrities, who are shown naked in advertising campaign made by Mario Testino. Women models are Naomi Campbell, Eva Herzigova and Claudia Schiffer, and men are: Noah Mills, Fernando Fernanes and Tyson Ballou. The collection The D&G Anthology was inspired by tarot cards and their marks.

The fragrances of this collection were named: Le Bateleur 1 (Tyson Ballou), L’Imperatrice 3 (Naomi Campbell), L’Amoureaux 6 (Noah Mills), La Roue de la Fortune 10 (Eva Herzigova and Fernando Fernandes), La Lune 18 (Claudia Schiffer). All fragrances will be available in amount of 100ml (3.4 oz) edt.

La Lune 18 includes aromas of lily, tuberose, sandalwood, musk, iris root and leather.

Bergamot Red Apple Green Notes

Tuberose Rose Lily

Musk Sandalwood Orris Root Leather

D&G Anthology La Lune 18 Fragrance Reviews

elena-cristina.florescu
elena-cristina.florescu

Love the smell- fresh and woody at the same time, modern, kind of sophisticated but surprisingly not heavy. Could have been my signature scent, too bad the longevity and sillage are very poor/ soft.

jamaral
jamaral

Aroma feliz mas demasiado subtil e discreto. O perfume do dia a dia para quem quer passar despercebida!
Pobre na fixação.
Para me sentir perfumada com este perfume só com umas 10 borifadelas....

perfumeproblem777
perfumeproblem777

Anyone else get a strong banana scent with this one? It's lovely, but reading the notes, it doesn't smell anything like them. Except the floral. Really light and nice smell. I like it =)

With a name like La Lune, I was hoping for something a bit more austere. This reminds me of another D&G Anthology fragrance, La Roue de la Fortune. Tuberose and fruit. The main difference being the lack of patchouli.
It's soft and a bit sweet. Definitely an easy tuberose to like and thus safe for "beginners" in the white floral genre.

Beckylynn8881
Beckylynn8881

This is a very light perfume that is mainly tea to my nose. I was interested in this because of the leather note, but I don't pick up any leather in this at all. It's a very soft, feminine scent, and I agree with those who say it reminds them of dawn breaking. I wore it to a ladies' brunch the other day, and I could smell it as I left the house, but when I got to the restaurant all I could smell was everyone else's perfume and not my own. I also could no longer smell it when I left 2 hours later, so the longevity is not great. It is pretty though.

I think it's not as good as the other perfumes from this line. It's overwhelmingly white floral, sweet and a little soapy (not in a good way). It reminds me of some Avon's fragrances.
I have nothing against tuberose in perfumes, so it's probably lily, I can't stand.
A matter of taste, I am not disliking it because of bad quality but the overwhelming floral scent. The quality seems to be quite good - it's long lasting and has a good sillage.

musi1701
musi1701

Gutes Parfüm, animalisch für jeden Tag. Keine grosse Langlebigkeit, aber sehr fein. Kaum Silage. Nicht schwer, aber auch nicht zu leicht.

yvonne961
yvonne961

Love this one's transparency, chilliness, and the memories it able to conjure up, almost melancholic.
it just smells like my one childhood hot summer day, in an air-conditioned quaint antique-selling tea house, seeping away the iced jasmine green tea with sister...ahhh.

ledavis727
ledavis727

La Lune is actually a perfume I share.. with a guy. But that's OK because it smells completely different on each of us. From a ladies perspective this smell on him smells warm, woody and slightly citrusy. Very inviting especially in the colder weather. On me, all I can smell are sweet, crisp apples, lily, and a soft amount of leather. After a while of sitting on my skin it evolves into the most delicate and mouthwatering smell ever -- for some reason it smells exactly like the crust of an apple pie. I love wearing this when I'm curled up on a cold night. It fades quite quickly however, but it's such a lovely delicate scent that I feel it wouldn't work if it was any heavier.

Angelicax1
Angelicax1

I got samples of this, L'Imperatrice and La Temperance from Sephora and I guess the samples must've been bad because this perfume smells like fruity pee to me, and L'Imperatrice was no better. However, I liked La Temperance. I guess maybe D&Gs fruitier scents don't work on me, because they seriously smelled rotten. I want to like them because they get such good reviews but I hated all but La Temperance. Then again, they could've just been bad samples like I said. I've honestly never had perfumes smell that bad on me before. :/

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

i like this. i was worried about the lily because their fragrance tends to remind me of funerals. but this doesnt! i get mostly a floral with maybe the lightest leather touch. a daytime everyday kind of fragrance. nothing special but nothing offensive. great for work. unfortunately it doesnt last on me.

my husband thinks its pleasant.

Floreat
Floreat

Wow, the reviews on this one really run the gamut! Personally, I really like this fragrance. It's one of my go-to office fragrances for the Fall. I think it's modern, versatile and really pretty.

It opens for me as an apple floral mix that I find optimistic. I liken the opening to walking through an outdoor market on a early Autumn morning with a black leather jacket on, carrying a sack of red delicious apples and a bouquet of fragrant flowers. It has just the right amount of tuberose: any more would make this a no no for the office. It has a really nice floral musk dry down that's seasoned with Sandalwood. Rather than leather I get more of a suede sensation.

Longevity is pretty good for me (4+ hours) and projection is noticeable but polite. I couldn't be happier with it!

kateapple
kateapple

Not a big fan of this one. It's like a powdery masculine soap on me. I can see it suiting some people well, but it's definitely not for me.

elena111
elena111

Wery nice. Light.

This is so nice, so pretty and mysterious at the same time, my favorite of the Anthologie line, a nice woodsy floral scent, stylish yet sophisticated, fresh, lovely, La Lune being a good name for the intriguing vibe of the scent! it is subtle, stays close to the skin in a smooth way..unlike anything out there..very nice..I don't wear it a lot, but once in a while I get in the mood for it!!

flashrainbow
flashrainbow

My fave amongst the anthology series and just got my second bottle.
It's soft, subtle, yet fresh and has the calming sensation. OK for day and night. It's not that kind of complex frag but really has something in it. When i get stressed out, i take hot shower, wearing comfy sweater, spritz this and i feel good. I also reach it everytime i want to smelled 'innocent' and it's cute for a-lazy to go out-let's just cuddle-weekend. <3

sky74
sky74

The most gentle, beautiful, softest, creamiest, most intimate, tender and innocent scent. I am crazy in love with this perfume...

bailarina
bailarina

I love tuberose, so I'm enjoying this. Other than the flower notes I can also smell the apple note. I agree with the reviewer that said the leather makes it more interesting. I just think is a classy scent, that is not loud and office safe.

phyrexianc
phyrexianc

These scents have nothing to do with tarot cards, it seems they just picked this because of the 'mysterious vibe' or something. Otherwise, force wouldn't have been a men's scent, roue de la fortune wouldn't be so sweet and this one, la lune, would be much deeper and darker.

However, this IS a good scent. Very light, very subtle. Very low sillage and moderate longevity, but pleasant, classy, inoffensive. Not particularly special, but this sure makes a pretty daytime scent.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This has a great deal of sweet tuberose and some fresher lily, and these scents dominate the composition. There is a hint of warmth from the leather and the musk, but neither of these are overwhelming. This is a great fragrance for any season, any time. The musk and leather keep it warm enough for winter as well. It is not very strong however, so it does not make this a very good powerhouse going out scent. But it's great for any occasion for a subtle classy scent that stands out a bit (the leather really makes this just not another white floral).

Chocobaby
Chocobaby

I've read a comment at launch from Claudia Schiffer (who modeled this fragrance) that La Lune is soft, fresh and great for all occasions. Since I find her gorgeous, I've always wanted to try La Lune. I finally tried it in the store and bought it. I get a very floral opening, must be the lily, and some citrus. I was hoping to get the leather but I couldn't detect it at all. It remains floral as it dries down and becomes a bit powdery. Nice scent but I find it quite linear, and leaves something to be desired.

eaudetoile
eaudetoile

Lovely. Simply lovely.

Lilyfey
Lilyfey

Anyone wants to swap this for La Temperance 14? I've got a full bottle, it's a lovely fragrance, but i prefer La Lune.

Lorina001
Lorina001

This is such a fresh perfume!! I wanted to try number 10 and asked the saleswoman for a jasmin-scent and she gave me this one. I have to say that I missed the jasmin notes but all in all it is a lovely scent!

Zoya
Zoya

White floral soap. Good, clean, long lasting (about 6 hours++) but nothing special. Perfect for these days when you can't choose what to wear. It is very unisex IMO. I share this one with my boyfriend and we both like it - what there is not to like in a fresh soap? :)

HLVTCA09
HLVTCA09

For some reason the first thing i smell is banana.. i don't know where this note is coming from but is is there, and it is strong.

Thiago Alves
Thiago Alves

it's not an outstanding smell, but the simplicity make it so alluring and cosy, worth the price ;-)

mar-gosha
mar-gosha

Had this one and returned it. Fresh and citrusy,that's about it. Didn't change much on me, and didn't impress me at all. There was something in it that hurt my nose, I couldn't wear it. Nothing interesting, has no character and no longevity.

veronicab
veronicab

Definitely a light, subtle scent of tuberose. I am trying to pick up the other notes as I do not detect the fruit nor the leather. It is good for the office because it is not offensive or too strong. I may keep it...had to return D&G 6 because it was too masculine but would like to try D&G 3.

glitterstar181
glitterstar181

Hi everybody, have an extra bottle of this. Let me know if anyone wants to swap or buy!

Allegra
Allegra

Pure, sophisticated, lingering, modern, serene...these adjectives run through my mind when wearing a soft veil of La Lune. It's simple and fresh, not outstanding and flashy in any way, but a sheer classic in its own delicate way.

olga11
olga11

The best for me for the past 3 years.

Assra
Assra

Ok, let me put it this way: If you are one of those girls who wants to make a statement with her perfume, or if you want to have people turn their heads and tell you how "great" you smell, then this one is definetely not for you. It's not like the loud girl who draws attention to herself immediately,it's more like the shy one who doesnt't get noticed much but as soon as she opens up a little, you absolutely fall for her.That's what I love about this fragrance: Yes it is very light, and subtle, yet captivating, as some have already mentioned. It is beautiful and seductive in a natural way, without trying too hard, like you came out of the shower and just quickly threw over your man's shirt. I don't get much of the base notes, florals and a hint of sweetness are dominat. Another reason why I like this: Though it's not a niche fragrance, you won't smell this on a lot of other girls. And the price is quite reasonable too, for a designer fragrance. I do agree with the others that this absolutely lacks staying power, that's why I never put this on my skind. I spray it generously into my hair and clothes.

ver jaina
ver jaina

the animalic note separates the similarities between this & L'imperatrice..in my opinion. and with that smells like a Rexona deodorant LOL.
a pleasant cool soft floral scent, i'm testing the mini currently, i have the L'imperatrice on my want list now & still not sure about this one...

edit: it passes my 4hrs test! the drydown on my skin is soft leathery, cooling floral scent..very pleasant! gotta put this in my want list..hehe :D

Jellybean
Jellybean

Delicate aquatic floral. Initial impression, I would say violet leaf with soft white florals and aquatic notes. Some greenery included too, to the minimum thou.
Doesn't last very long 3 hours; but again this fragrance is very mild and meant for daytime.

RZ
RZ

Soft fragrance for daywear, hard to describe, it dries down to a soft floral, to a person who's not into floral fragrances i found this easy to wear.... the downside however is that i doesn't last long

CatBlanc
CatBlanc

It's beautiful.
There is a resemblance between La Lune and L'eau d'Issey EDT.

Not in specific notes, but in the feeling it evokes.
If you like Issey, or delicate, slightly sweet and ozonic florals, try La Lune.

scouserdog
scouserdog

Nice scent - pleasant and totally inoffensive, not much sillage or longevity. Great for work or day time.

Zephyrae13
Zephyrae13

I would have to respectfully disagree about j'adore and DK being better alternatives. J'adore is far too synthetic and chemically smelling, and gives me a fierce headace when spritzed. The kind of molecules DK uses for apples are of low quality and turn utterly rotten within minutes on me. Hermes fruits are by and far much better, if that's what you're looking for. I got a lovely sweet apple/bergamont opening, fading into some very well done powerhouse florals. Oh, and as far as lasting power, I have no idea what other people are talking about with it fading within the hour. Clearly they all have dry skin, or don't exfoliate, because this lasts and lasts on me! going strong here 4 hours now... although i will admit sillage is minimal, you only smell it if you're standing right next to the person. As it dries down, the florals remain, but are blended well with the orris root, and surprisingly, musk and leather! Leather is almost always a terrible note on me, but here it's so well blended! Musks are usually hit or miss, depending on the quality and kind. I'm actually quite pleased with this little offering, what ever D&G do in their lab, keep it up!

Iluvsmellies
Iluvsmellies

After testing and reviewing Etat Libre D'Orange - Secretions Magnifique, wearing 18 La Lune (or anything for that matter) for my evening is a sweet relief! I have the set, 1,3,6,10,18 and they are all ok, mass market, young end, safe, unremarkable fragrances. 18 is a nice enough, somewhat green,white flowers, cologne strength mix, with a tiny hint of wood/leather but no way is it related to chypre! Splash it on all over and you get an hour, maybe 2 out of it. I am going to guess that the people here who show passion for these are younger than 25, D&G Anthology target market. It's your cash to do what you want with, but there are similar, much better quality perfumes out there in the same price bracket. If you like this try Donna Karan Gold or J'Adore, far superior.

Plamka
Plamka

I've been wanting to fall in love with a perfume and think this is IT! It's lovely tender lily + leather, that's what i get, great day-time edt, i imagine a pretty girl with a leather jacket:) I know they hardly share a note but it makes me think of "Daisy Eau so fresh", anyway its a very cute romantic fragrance, I love it :)

chanchita
chanchita

I was instantly drawn to this frag the minute I first smellt it and very soon after purchased it. I pick up lovely white flower/tuberose tones mixed with a hint of apple, brought down by earthy sandalwood and a hint of leather... Fresh yet sexy. Like somebody else said, I find it lasting longer on clothes than skin. I think this will be my new 'casual' perfume for both days and nights out. Playful, sexy and fresh.

eruetim
eruetim

I loved it when I first smelt it although it changed on my skin and now I wear it like a splash. It reminded me of one summer in Italy on the adriatic coast when I saw Naomi Campbell and her boyfriend "promenading" on the island of Capri. Also the feeling you get at duty free stores in the airport when you are waiting for your flight...

mimi88

the staying power is quite good, it stays few days sprayed on clothes. fades away faster from the skin

mimi88

i love this perfume, it's light but in a luxuriuous way. very femminine white flower smell. good for everyday wearing and it picks my mood up when i wear it.

Talia
Talia

For me this is a perfect everyday scent for hot weather. Not strong and lasting indeed, but no need to be, as it strictly for the summer.
You have to live in a country with a really hot summer to appreciate it.

TaniaClamp
TaniaClamp

I use this perfume often and always get compliments. The Anthology is such a great collection and La Lune 18, L`Imperatrice 3 and La Fortune 10 are my favorites out of the line. La Lune is very pleasant and inoffensive, and I think it smells quite aquatic, slightly fruity floral. It captured my senses because the first notes made me think of melon. I love melon!! Next note I scent is a floral character with a very pleasant aroma of lily. The dominant elements in the La Lune is white florals. It's a clean scent that neither is overwhelming or screaming for attention. This scent seems dedicated to women who do not need the attention of everyone, but without passing unnoticed. Unfortunately, it has a low persistence and a very weak sillage, like many others already have mentioned.

Jag använder denna parfymen ofta och får alltid många komplimanger. Antologin är en underbar samling av dofter och La Lune 18, L`Imperatrice 3 och La fortune 10 är mina favoriter ur linjen. La Lune är väldigt trevlig och oförarglig och jag tycker den är ganska lätt fruktigt blommig. Den fångar mig i ett ögonblick på grund av dofter från melon och jag äääälskar dofter av melon!!!! Strax efter uppfattar jag noter av blommig karaktär, framförallt lilja. De dominerande elementen i La Lune är vita blommor. Det är en ren doft som varken är överväldigande eller som skriker efter uppmärksamhet. Doften verkar tillägnas kvinnor som inte behöver uppmärksamhet av alla, men utan att gå obemärkt förbi. Tyvärr har den har en låg uthållighet och svag styrka, liksom många andra redan nämnt.

kris919
kris919

The very best thing I can say about this perfume is that it doesn't last which was a great aspect....that meant less scrubbing for me. syrupy sweet floral with no leather to speak of. I bought this because I read somewhere it was considered a leather perfume. Not so, on me. For some reason I believe that all or most of the D&G anthologies were mixed from the same base, as they all have this similar type of framework <-- I'm not sure thats the right word but bottom line: I'm not a fan

tiffanymondesir
tiffanymondesir

I found this in the back of my sister's cupboard and the first time I smelt this I really didn't like it. Surprisingly, I wore it once and I could not believe the compliments I got on it! I got very used to it after a while and now I wear it when I feel like being strong, independent and empowered. It's not an everyday scent, but I do like it for a day when I want to stand up and stand out from the typical.

valeria_ms
valeria_ms

I think it's more powdery than how this page describes it.

sintjafreya
sintjafreya

Nice, fresh smell, but it doesn´t lasts ... I won´t buy it again.

Ahmed_dh90
Ahmed_dh90

it doesn't last at all , one hour and it's gone
2 bad i liked the smell ....

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

I'm wearing it today, and Spirit of Moonflower- The Body Shop don't get out of my head.
Very floral, linear... violet and... boring.
Fits better in women.

For my taste it's the worst of this line (compared to its "brothers").

Lil Mju
Lil Mju

It's a nice smell but it's plain and boring. Everything else in the Anthology series is unforgettable and is one of a kind. I smell lily the most, the leather is ok but i don't really notie it... OK fragrance, but meanigles to me.

LaPetite
LaPetite

I thought of a miracle when i first tested this scent on the test paper ; I usually hate the leather note, and most of the time hate the musk too , but i really loved this airy , light , bright one .
For so long i had considered buying it . Until today , when i deceided to test it on me , so i went to the perfume store and happily sprayed myself , and regreted it almost right away . It's really too musky and leathery for me . If you don't like those notes either , don't buy !
I'm so sad because i REALLY loved it on paper , but it shows how important it is to try perfumes on you before buying .
It makes me think of White Musk , from Body shop , because it's so musky.
I love the concept the Anthology line , i'll try La Roue de fortne on my skin soon , i hope it won't be a bad surprise.

lilldyfarscaper
lilldyfarscaper

I got this perfume as a sample and just tried it today, and my first reaction to smelling this was I have to get a large bottle, and I need to tell people how good it smells. As one other reviewer said a salesman described this as "dawn just breaking". It's a clean scent, not overpowering, nothing screaming for attention. It's kind of sexy, in a natural way, not like the voluptuous woman that makes men's tongue hang out, but that familiar scent, like realizing you're in love with you best friend lol. Sorry my nose isn't refined enough to pick out notes yet :P but la lune is definitely a good name for it.

noruwei
noruwei

the first time i used it,it nearly killed me. remembered going to bed early because i couldn't stand the smell.i did not sleep that night,it was more like i was knocked down by it. i don't think i mixes well with my chemicals.

so i gave it to my mum,2 years have passed and i see no decline of the volume whatsoever, though she claims that she uses it,hmmmm...

olga1780
olga1780

Anthology is such an awesome collection of "cool", casual fragrances for a younger crowd or those young at heart.
La Lune is very pleasant and inoffensive, I'm getting delicate leather mixed with lily the most... Kelly Caleche type of subtle leather. Actually after 15-20 minutes it does remind me of Kelly Caleche.
Something you can wear with a pair of jeans, or pretty much any time anywhere and in any wheather. The sillage and longevity are very average so if you plan to wear it throughout the day you will have to use it generously and reapply every 2-3 hours. But you can buy it online for a very reasonable price....it can easily be found on Ebay for around $30 for a large bottle, so keep spraying with a heavy hand! Definitely worth a try!

But don't bother buying it if you are looking for a statement maker or a head turner, or you will be deeply disappointed. Every perfume has its purpose, time and place.

domenicamartinello
domenicamartinello

On my skin this is a kind of watery white floral, I don't get a unisex vibe at all - disappointing, really. I thought I'd get a nice edge out of the leather and orris root. I would wear this more if it had any lasting power... but it is undetectable within an hour at the most. I'm so sick of perfumes that just evaporate!
It is a pretty and relaxing scent, however, and sometimes I wear it to bed. it does have a dreamy quality to it. If you wear it out, spray lavishly and often.... I, however, just can't be bothered. 5/10

sous-la-douce
sous-la-douce

this on me smells exactly like a perfume for kids from zara,that comes in blue bottle and has a boy+girl draw down the bottle,i purchased it 5 years ago,i think its discontinued now coz i didnt find it again.even for zara the smell was unisex but for little kids!!maybe thats y i found this an immature perfume,but still pleasant and for on the go use.

thepicketywitch
thepicketywitch

“The Dreamer: La Lune is the perfect enigma: fresh yet sensual, dazzling yet forever retaining her secrets. She enthralls everyone she encounters with her radiant ethereal beauty.”

La Lune is made up of white florals on a pale leather base: lily and tuberose make up the heart with sandalwood, musk, orris root, and white leather as the base. I couldn’t find the leather at all, no matter how many times I tested it. The D&G website puts emphasis on the fact that it is pale leather. I sat back and wondered what the hell pale leather was supposed to smell like. Usually, when I see that a perfume has notes of leather, it simply says ‘leather’. I wanted to understand what the difference between plain ole’ leather and “the softest, most exquisite pale leather” was. I came up with a few good tidbits after researching leather notes in perfume. Differences in leather scents depend upon the tanning process. Leathers can smell warm, rich, smoky, dry, creamy, etc., which is why they make such good base notes. The general consensus is that it is a dominant scent, but for La Lune, I have my doubts. The dominant elements in La Lune were, to my nose, the white florals.

Now don’t get me wrong, I love floral perfumes, but I feel the whole “too much of a good thing” rule applies here. For me, the tuberose dominated everything, even the lily. I could barely scent out the orris root, and, like I said, the leather was neigh undetectable. I will say though, I loved the dry down. The sandalwood really emerged then, and gave it a delicious, almost bitter finish which counteracted the overly-sweet florals.

I’d say this is the perfect scent for someone who is very much into florals-male or female. I will say this also: despite being so flowery-sweet, it does have an androgynous quality to it, and would work equally well on a man or a woman. And I like that. I like duality.

I guess I really can't deal with unisex scents. This is a rather light scent with bad staying power. It's an airy floral that is quite common. I couldn't find much in the complete line of numbers by D&G.

Lance
Lance

Uplifting! Light! Natural! This reminds me a lot of Kenzo Indigo Pour homme, which is fabulous and longlasting. But this scent is much more lighter, with a touch of floral

whiten
whiten

ok, I have to tell how I met this fragrance: I was wandering down aisles, sniffing every perfume as usual, than the salesman came and "ahh, you should try this perfume, now close your eyes." :S I was baffled but did it anyway. then he sprayed the scent in front of my face, not exactly on me, but on air. he then said "it smells like dawn,just breaking"
while I was floored by his poeticness, the scent was not love at first sight for me. It is nice, like a little breeze filled with sweet flowers and fruits, but that's all. I don't think it is bad, and maybe I would get it, if I can find it for a really cheap price. it was a sweet,light, nice not "in-your-face" kind of smell. not worth the over-price,but could be considered.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Interestingly enough I thought this was fruity when I first sprayed it on and after a while I could smell some vanilla undertones. Not in a million years would have placed it as floral, let alone white floral. And the biggest surprise was to see leather listed - I so cant pick that one out (which is just as well becuase I don't not that keen on leather). A light and pleasant fragrance. My favourite is No 10 though.

id
id

Light, simple floral scent. A bit too much tuberose for me.

taylorlalune
taylorlalune

Theres something about the moon that ive always been attracted to, it pulls me, calls out to me, so i just had to smell this perfume :)
Its nice. i like it.
but i guess i had my hopes up to high, for i wanted this perfume to make me feel the same way as i feel when im really with the moon.
Does anyone suggest a perfume thats mysterious and compelling?

Killercolours
Killercolours

This is what my skin smells like. I think it has absorbed such amounts of this perfume I smell like this naturally soon. Haha! My best everyday scent ever. I've never worn a fragrance that melts into my skin like this, it blends completely with my body chemistry, like puzzle pieces. The staying power isn't the best though, so a 100ml goes quite fast if you wear it often.

According to me, the greatest magic around this scent is the sneaky masculinity. Even though I would say it's pour femme I think the leather still gives it some unisex feel. So sexy! The lack of citrus (thank GOD) also makes it even more appealing. No sporty "fresh" at all! Just plain, shy beauty in a bottle.

oyster_horace
oyster_horace

no wonder it's called La Lune
The Moon in tarot represent "dreams"
when dreams happen, they happen for only seconds
and the perfume is just like a dream, a dream that last for literally only seconds(NOT EVEN EXAGGERATING)

so i've got this just because i wanted something that smells fresh and clean and soft and easy
something "nice" that requires no thinking to put on

when i tested it the lasting power was bad but not TOO BAD (2hrs?) and i could still witness the transformation of the notes,
some light soapy floral at first, then it dries to a soft pale leather, almost like a budget leather bag from somewhere like H&M
which is NICE, especially for boys who LOVE to wear floral

but now i've got it, DISAPPOINTMENT DISAPPOINTMENT
REALLY?
i've sprayed this on today and i used 10 sprays but i still couldn't smell it
now even silage has become a problem, let alone longevity

i'd rather had gotten something like Daisy or L'eau par Kenzo instead

i may use this to spray my closet and my clothes, or just to carry it around to freshen up whenever i need to

BTW it does smell like shampoo/detergent

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Very floral, definitely a lady scent.

claudiali
claudiali

Easy liking bright lily scent. I can't say it has strong personality, but it would be a decent choice for young executives.

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

As a lover of tarots and esoteric stuff I was really surprised when the D&G Anthology was launched, and couldn't wait to test all the fragrances to discover how this Brand had represented the tarots symbolism through the scents.
La Lune is the very first fragrance I've tried out of them for I presumed it to be the most mysterious of the Anthology series, according to the meaning of the tarot card. And I was right: it immediately catched my senses since the first notes, which I could define "lighty fruity" (though there's not trace of fruits in the pyramid).. actually, in the first seconds since spraying, it strongly reminded me of a banana/melon soft drink I had last summer, then La Lune shows its floral nature with a most pleasant lily shade. This perfume got me a bit confused in fact of notes, because I can't detect any tuberose here though it is usually a very detectable note...that's a mystery.
However, just like The Moon tarot evokes hidden feelings and feminine sensitivity, this fragrance seems to be dedicated to a woman who doesn't want (nor need) to get noticed by everyone for her appearance and smell. There's really something hidden in this scent, just like the other side of the moon as it's utterly close to the skin but not in a soapy way: maybe it's because of the very subtle musk-lily accord and the undertoned leather note in the drydown.
I think La Lune would work perfectly both for a working day (for its lightness) and for a romantic date (for its silky feeling)... but it's not a "going out tonight" perfume.
And this brings me to the negative point: unfortunately this EDT has a low staying power and a very faint sillage, just as many here complain: but this won't dissuade me from getting this fragrance one day, so I think I will buy the 20 ml bottle.

I'd definitely recommend this scent to those who want to feel and look uncatchable somehow... discrete, maybe a bit shy but with a great sensitivity and a slight sensuality.
Could a man wear La Lune? I think yes, and it would be interesting to smell this one on a man's skin :P

justpeachy
justpeachy

The Moon: quiet, iridescent, and serene. At first spray, La Lune is a subtle bouquet of fresh flowers, white in color but green in scent, as if they were just run under water and their stems cut, with a delicate trail of musk. Rather strange, however, is the salty "olive" scent that has appeared twice on my skin about 5 minutes after first spritz - I imagine similar to the "sour cream" smell that another has reported. On my skin, La Lune turns from a shimmering bouquet into vinegary wilting petals. It didn't hang on for more than an hour.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Toilette)

LA LUNE is transparent and light fragrance like a pale moonlight on the calm waters of the lake. This is definitely a lily fragrance with watered down tuberose. The composition is refreshingly light. It conveys the fresh feelings of being just out of the shower. Perhaps this is what D&G intended for these series as I do not find anything dramatic, edgy or unusual about any of those fragrances I have tried so far.

The opening is a fresh lily. Then I get a bit of tuberose sweetness but it is in diluted concentration. The composition remains light but I do detect very faint leather accent. I was actually relieved that the leather did not turn overpowering and masculine on me, which happens a lot. It just added very chic nice accent to the lily. The dry down is very light musk but it is barely there.

LA LUNE is very wearable nice fragrance. So far it is my favorite from the Anthology series. I tend to love lily fragrances. The tuberose is not overpowering, which is good. The composition is very light, girly and chic on my skin. I definitely have the right chemistry with this one. I would love wearing this in summer but the longevity is really poor. Couple of hours and it is gone. If this fragrance was less expensive, I would definitely buy it.

Fashionkid123
Fashionkid123

Je t'aime La Lune dix-huit! I would totally buy it but my best friend will kill me if she found me wearing her signature fragrance ;-)

WH
WH

Out of the six of this series, it probably my favourite scent. It a very floral and sweet fragrance, the lily and tuberosa conjuring a wonderful blast of white floral that is to die for. The sandalwood balance off the fragrance from becoming cloyingly sweet. love it! more suitable for women than men in my opinion, but for the more daring men who want to rock this, why not!

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

My first whiff of La Lune immediately conjured a blast from my fragrant past.

This smells remarkably like the long-discontinued Victoria's Secret Tranquil Breezes bath and body line from the early 1990's.

I don't see cucumber listed as a note in La Lune, but that's the dominant note I get from it. La Lune is fresh, green, not really sweet, kind of earthy in its undertone. Definitely unisex. Pleasant enough, but alas, very fleeting. Best suited for warm weather and daytime use.

teedee
teedee

Noticing Claudia on the box of this one and reading 'la lune' as its name...i set my expectation for this perfume to smell dreamy and floral-y with night blooming flowers as the heart.

I could not be more wrong. La Lune is fresh and a bit green with hint of fresh woods. Very unisex. It will not make you get noticed, but it will make you feel fresh.

As with any other light fresh fragrances, this doesnt last very long. To compare with other in the set: No.10 wheel of fortune was still captivating me with its drydown, but I can barely sniff anymore trace of No.18

guest_Audrey
guest_Audrey

I got all 5 scents, each 20ml, for $45 at Dillard's (actually, a family member works there and I got it for less than $35 after employee discount). Pretty good deal. And as I get bored of scents quickly, these will last just long enough. The #3 is deff my favorite. Supposedly these are all unisex, but I doubt that. Some are way too feminine, and some are pretty masculine scents. However, I feel I can wear all of them, especially if I add some sweet to the masculine scents.

rosemary
rosemary

La Lune is the kind of scent you'd wear after a refreshing shower; it does not draw attention but it still gets you noticed since the scent whispers to others that the one wearing it smells fresh yet unique. There's a tiny hint of leather, which I find okay because I doubt I would like to smell like the leather interiors of a brand new car. The hint of leather is just what this perfume needs for that extra kick which separates it from the average fresh scents. The other notes makes it very pleasant and calming. Though we do have to apply every so often since the scent does not last very long.

Budaqueen
Budaqueen

I was initially disappointed by this whole Anthology collection. I suppose I did not give it a fair chance. I decided to use the 3 samples I got (La Lune, L'Imperatrice and L'Amoureux)while away on holiday. So far I have tried the first 2, and really like La Lune. Disappointingly, I don't get any leather, but the white flowers combined santal and musk makes it very pleasant. Not outstanding in any way, but nice. Only downside is that the lasting power is very average...

Anorton1965
Anorton1965

Nice clean scent. I don't think I smell the leather in it. I couldn't smell it on me after I sprayed it, but my co-worker followed me around sniffing the air. Told me she LOVED the perfume I was wearing. LOL. It's obviously not offensive. LOL

sofiii
sofiii

La Lune smells really nice and femmine in the beginning. It reminds me a nice combination of the essence of Dior Addict II and Baby Doll. Cheerful and optmistic. It's floral fruity but nothing synthetic.

Soon it turns into something even freshier, like a typical 90's floral perfume. I can smell a lot of lily. It reminds me of White linen and Aqua di Gio, in the sharp fresh sense.

Then dry down is just calmer.
I am glad I cannot detect any leather here. It is a nice inoffensive fragrance to wear, however, I don't know what is it in the perfume that makes me feel uneasy. Just like when you see someone that ticks all of your boxes, and had an amazing date, but the chemistry is just not right.

Try it before you rush into buying.

cloudy
cloudy

I didn't buy this one, but I have to contest the bad reviews...I mean it is a LOVELY smell. Light yes, and only in a toilette, unfortunately, but very dreamy and romantic. It is quite simply lovely, and I think it would work well as a base for your favorite.

sungelly87
sungelly87

this smells exactly like Marc Jacobs to me. Unfortunately, I don't think this could be a men's scent. It is way too feminine, especially with the Lily note. It is nice but nothing special.

selinum28
selinum28

This perfume smells brutal to my taste, maybe because I do notice the leather, and also its contrast to fresher floral scents; this combination is killing. I can't understand a woman smelling like this, neither a self-confident man. It is just masculine sweat, not body odour, but the nervousness sweat of a teenager; it is not even playful. Lots of boys in my city wear this perfume with very big sunglasses and pink school bags; they are all crazy about Cristiano Ronaldo and everything he buys. It is a good perfume for them and I respect, but it is difficult to stand if you notice the leather as much as I do. Do not use this if you want to meet a woman: it is not for serious gentlemen, neither playboys; it is just clumsy.

pinkywithabrain2020
pinkywithabrain2020

I will have to say that I have yet to find a scent from this collection that I don't like. I will agree that this is not very original...but I like it either way. I think this is a great everyday scent...I feel it is feminine...but could work on a guy as well. The tuberose is fantistic in this!!! It doesn't last all day but a touch up doesn't kill anyone...cause I do it with all of my perfumes anyway. I'm so glad I bought the entire collection. :)

guest_pearl of the ocean
guest_pearl of the ocean

The D&G Anthology Collection.

Not very original smelling. (They all leave the consumer thinking "haven't I smelt this before?...)

Lasting power is practically non existent. (I'm being serious, 'on sale' celebrity fragrances last alot longer than any of these ones)

Expensive, and simply not worth the price. (Who wants to pay about a hundred dollars for something that doesnt even last long?)

Using famous supermodels like Claudia, Eva and Naomi are not going to entice me into buying either of the collection.

Ouch!
Ouch!

I LOVES me some Tuberose which is why Michael Kors "Michael" is my favourite female scent ever. This is very similar but it's like a cheaper version with hardly any depth, it smells watery, a little bit fresher but...it's like a weak tuberose scent, shame really. If I had smelled this before Michael Kors I would have been all over it but..this just doesn't compare I'm afraid.

No leather to speak of, none of the other notes are apparent to me either now it's dry..just a very faint tuberose.

:()

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

La Lune, "The Moon." Nice touch. Hard to use tuberose without the fragrance being super feminine, but the sandalwood and leather gives it it's unisex balance. A man can just barely pull this one off. If I had a girlfriend, this would be something she'd be dabbing in.

midsummer
midsummer

I thought I really liked this one on the first, even the second try. But once I got out of range of the perfume counter, the scent lost all its depth and started to smell chemical, then disappeared entirely. Smells better in the bottle than anywhere else.

narcotic
narcotic

I debated buying this enormous and expensive (for me, anyway) bottle of watery perfume that doesn't last very long simply because of one whiff from last years' September issue of US Vogue. Take from that what you will.

But oh, the smell... it's just so lovely and light and unpretentious (unlike naked supermodels shot by testino) that I can forgive both its weak sillage AND the ludicrous ad campaign. I know this line gets a lot of flak on this website, but I just can't give it up.

geegee
geegee

I spritzed this on today when in a store & at first i wasnt too sure, after walking around for half an hour i fell totally in love with it. Hours later im looking online for it a little cheaper to buy than in store.

It smelt a little chemical upon first spray but within half an hour the musk kicked in. And...stayed in. It matured into a warm & comforting smell & kept me sniffing my hand all evening.

I didnt find it at all floral though, not on my skin.

I would far rather they brought back 'BY' than launch new products. I would still buy La Lune if i found it cheaper than in store though.

It pains me to have to say that D&G LA LUNE, a zero-dimensional fruity floral (where is the leather, pray tell?!), makes Victoria's Secret seem like Guerlain. Nothing new or interesting here, which is really too bad, because D&G had everything going for them: concept, package, presentation, media blitz...everything BUT a product.

The marketing gurus at D&G really killed the goose on this one. Here I was sitting in rapt attention, fully prepared to buy full bottles of all five of the Anthology perfumes included in my coffret of 20ml edt samplers, if only...they were perfumes!

All that was missing from the Anthology campaign was a couple of good noses. Yes, it would have cost some big $, but it would have been paid back multiple times over by potential buyers such as me, ready and willing to plunk down yet another chunk of cash for yet more perfume, provided only that it was really perfume! Désolée. Vraiment.

rithacha
rithacha

Congratulations to the minds behind the D&G collection for a stunning representation of Pantene Pro-V shampoo. I hope they celebrated with champagne, because exhausting their creative capacities for another such fragrance the perfume world REALLY NEEDS right now deserves nothing less than an award.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

pleasant. This whole range is sooo boring!! Bring back 'BY' and ditch the crap!! Obviously a money spinner with all these scents being released and evidently not a penny on any of their ingredients!

On the tester card, this fragrance is easily the most feminine of the series. The lily and tuberose are the most dominant notes to my nose. In fact I couldn't sense any woodsy or leathery notes at all.

I was rather enjoying the soft, powdery white floral blend which reminded me of a lighter, not as complex version of Fracas. I liked it enough to test it on my skin.

Oh the horror! When applied to my skin, the pretty white florals disappeared leaving behind strong leather and musky notes. Forget this fragrance being feminine, this is purely masculine on my skin.

It had an almost sour cream like smell, that was extremely off-putting to my nose. I'm a girly-girl, and as open-minded as I am, I couldn't possibly see myself wearing this and pulling it off.

The lasting power wasn't all that great, so thankfully the scent disappeared completely after a couple of hours.

Now this fragrance could work either way. If the La Lune agrees with your chemistry, then it's a beautiful, feminine, powdery white floral with refreshing and watery lily notes. If it disagrees with your chemistry (like it did with me), this is masculine, leathery and strong, perfectly suitable for a man to wear. Your skin will decide whether you'll like it or not.

janabana123
janabana123

i bought this, cause no.18 la lune seemed a divine scent to me- and i bought it from a really hi-class parfumerie, not a tester on ebay.
as i started wearing it, the disappointment started growing and growing... this fragrance doesnt last even for an hour on me, neither on other people who i know having it.
usually scents stay longer on fabrics, clothing and hair - not with this collection unfortunally...
i really hope, may be things change in summer, and the heat is of help,..

p.s: Summer is over - so i can confess, i made a mistake - on humid, dry, warmer, hot, sunny, warm, spring-summer-autumn days its great- and the warmth of skin prolongues its scent. So i m happy bout my bottle in the end!!!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

I was looking for something mainstream and benign to wear to class today, so D&G La Lune sounded like just the ticket. I had not tried it before, having just gotten a pack of 1 ml samples of the "Anthology". Big mistake. This one is a real scrubber! It is incomprehensible why D&G would make a perfume named for the moon but smelling like burning industrial waste and shorted out electrical wiring. To be kind, it did finally settle down into something like overheated tupperware and the nasty-smelling vinyl "skin" of a doll that I had when I was a kid. Maybe something wonderful would have eventually developed, but 45 minutes of assault to my nose would not make it worth waiting for. Why don't these reviews have an "I HATE it" category?

BeautifulDreamer
BeautifulDreamer

It's very sweet, powdery scent that I don't think will suit anyone older then 16. But every nose is different so...

guest_mattilda d'vine
guest_mattilda d'vine

it smells very nice but doesn't last very long - oh dear..........

lucifera
lucifera

its nice but like all of these fragances
they are very very light and not sucha good stayingpower -_- thats why they come in 100ml bottles...

MartinVain
MartinVain

I love this perfume to death, i work at a Ulta & i always recommend this to my customers who are looking for a light fresh floral fragrance. The name also speaks for it self, i love how it really does remind me of moonlit night.

_lolita_
_lolita_

a very delicate soft floral scent. not overwhelming or strong but subtly sweet, light and fragile.
smells like feathery honey on me - gentle moonlight on smooth naked skin.
like it very much.

guest_honey89100
guest_honey89100

my fav perfume now! the only one think is that it doesnt stay long on me :(( kinda floral and soft scents :) im lovin it!

alianeblue
alianeblue

I bought La Lune 2 months ago at Nordstrom because it seemed something delicate and warming, but after using it several times I got bored of it, and it is good to add that it fades away really fast and you have be re-applying every a couple of hours, but it is definitely the best from the Anthology collection. Now I only use it after shower before going to bed.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Name La Lune for me has no association with content inside the bottle. I would expect it to be oriental woody or woody floral musk. This Anthology 18 is pure floral, tuberose and lily from the beginning till end.

Absolutely ordinary, boring, spiritless and sloppy. I mean, from D&G and leaded by this provocative campaign I expected, little is to say, more.

MoietToi
MoietToi

I think that this is a very serene and calming scent. I could smell the tuberose but otherwhise I could not really single out individual notes. But anyways I think that it smells rather aquatic and the name La Lune really suits this perfume. Beacuse when I smelled it I imagened myself watching a lake in the middle of a forest in Russia. Somwhere in that lake there was a Rusalka swimming around and serenading the moon.

Annie_D
Annie_D

This is by far the best out of the entire collection. It is clean and fresh but it is not a 'soap' or antiseptic scent. I love it, It is refreshing and the notes balance each other perfectly. The tuberose isn't too strong and the sandalwood blends in during the drydown but it still stays fresh. Fresh clean and neutral, a very unoffensive scent, this could be worn anywhere.

SandraS
SandraS

Its pretty washed out IMO... kind of soapy scent. Nothing outstanding or remarkable about it. I don't get any of the base notes on my skin, just the with flowers. If its true these 5 scents can be mixed together to create new onew, I guess this one could be use to tone down other scents.
Have I mentioned ordinary?

Evitta
Evitta

I love this one out of all the Anthology series.Lasting power is good.It is fresh and floral...

mity
mity

Hallo everyone. Nice Marketing trick from D&G "mixing" the fragrances ?! I like the 10 but I think its sommer only, isn't it?

taydev
taydev

this one is rather nice. fresh and floral out of all 5 i'd say this one ranks #3 for me. im still considering on whether to buy it though

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

This one was the most boring,just an ordinary fresh scent.Nothing special..

guest_noocha
guest_noocha

I loved this one out of all the Anthology series. Smells like Coca-Cola on my skin & it's fab!

Trvevil
Trvevil

Very ordinary floral, nothing outstanding for me. Tuberose and lily in middle notes are very pleasant, but lack character. Lasting power is good, but this frag is not strong. It reminds me Envy Me.

guest_Kate
guest_Kate

In spite of the notes listed, the thing that turned me off to this fragrance was actually the strong citrus, which I found to be present in all of the anthology. I was hoping for a less spicy and fruity scent than the one I experienced.

jonr951
jonr951

Every single one of these are incredible!! Ive fallen for every one of them! I NEED all 5 scents! Its gonna cost me $325 but i have to have them. The lady at Macys said they can be put together to make a whole different scent! I have to have them! Im Jonr951 and im addicted to D&Gs Anthology Collection!

D&G Anthology La Lune 18 by Dolce&Gabbana 3.65 out of 5 based on 648 ratings and 118 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana D&G Anthology La Lune 18 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana D&G Anthology La Lune 18, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify D&G Anthology La Lune 18 by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of D&G Anthology La Lune 18 by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.