Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

D&G Anthology La Roue de La Fortune 10 Dolce&Gabbana for women
dislike

tuberose
D&G Anthology La Roue de La Fortune 10 Dolce&Gabbana for women Videos
D&G Anthology La Roue de La Fortune 10 Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures D&G Anthology La Roue de La Fortune 10 Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures D&G Anthology La Roue de La Fortune 10 Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures

Dolce & Gabbana presents five perfumes of their collection The D&G Anthology, which arrives on the market in September 2009. Two other fragrances will join the collection next year.

The fragrances are advertised by celebrities, who are shown naked in advertising campaign made by Mario Testino. Women models are Naomi Campbell, Eva Herzigova and Claudia Schiffer, and men are: Noah Mills, Fernando Fernanes and Tyson Ballou. The collection The D&G Anthology was inspired by tarot cards and their marks.

The fragrances of this collection were named: Le Bateleur 1 (Tyson Ballou), L’Imperatrice 3 (Naomi Campbell), L’Amoureaux 6 (Noah Mills), La Roue de la Fortune 10 (Eva Herzigova and Fernando Fernandes), La Lune 18 (Claudia Schiffer). All fragrances will be available in amount of 100ml (3.4 oz) edt.

La Roue de la Fortune 10 includes aromas of tuberose, gardenia, jasmine, benzoin and patchouli.

Pineapple Green Notes Pink Pepper

Antique Lace

D&G Anthology La Roue de La Fortune 10 Fragrance Reviews

Melyche
Melyche

I agree with the previous review. Musky and kind of wild. My boy friend thinks it's very sexy.
It has such a femme fatale thing and definitely animal magnetism. Charming and seductive.
A mix of musk and flowers. Very interesting. I actually like it. Puts a nasty smile on my face.
If you want to get someone's attention wear this one go talk to that person. You'll see what I'm saying.
I can suggest that it should be worn right before you have a special night with your partner. I think it works. :)

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

very nice musky and kinda milky too I love it

This one is perfectly peppery. The composition of patchouli, pink pepper, benzoin and white flowers is really nice.
It's long lasting and quite strong, a product of quality.
I think it's elegant, confident and sparkling. Good one to have if you want to spice things up.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

It smells really nice when you first spray it - and the initial dry down is sweet and vanilla, very nice for women. But the actual dry down just smells like spray 'n' wipe. I didn't expect anything more though, D&G aren't my fave house.

stephanienwc
stephanienwc

I loved it when I first got it but now I can't stand the smell for some reason. The drydown smell is unbearable

I don't find this fragrance to be particularly special, but I enjoy having it in my collection because I am a lover of white florals.
The opening is quite tart & fruity. Mostly pineapple & patchouli with some creamy tuberose.
The drydown gets woodier and a bit powdery. The gardenia comes into play and amps up the white floral factor and I start to detect the benzoin & vanilla.
Somewhat of a candied tuberose. It won't change your mind if you don't enjoy white floral fragrances, but it's not as divisive as some.
I could see it being worn in multiple situations, from a non-conservative work environment to a night out.

frenchwhore237
frenchwhore237

My grandma and girlfriends mom wear this. I bet I could pull it off better than them. Wussies.

lirael00
lirael00

I bought this one not knowing anything about it just because it was on a sale. I paid 18 euros for 100 ml, so I really didn't care. Maybe I should. It's not bad, but it's not what I want from a perfume. And yes, it's unisex if you ask me, but my brother said that to him the scent is very femminine, so I guess to each his own. When you first spray this,it looks like it's gonna be one of those heavy very strong fragrances that lasts, but then it just kinda fades away. Was expecting it would last longer, but I guess not on my skin. Anyway a lot of patchouli and tuberose. Not your everyday fragrancae. You have to mentally prepare yourself to wear this one.

Nil3
Nil3

If Thierry Mugler's Angel was a 'too much' scent in my opinion.....Stefano and Domenico created this to prove that there is a way to smell sweet. Italian style!!!!!! ;)

gaz525
gaz525

This is fantastic for people who like gourmand scents but dont want to smell like a bag of candy. The sweetness in this and patchouli is quickly held back by a bitter, fruity sourness which although sounds horrible is lovely. Whenever i wear this i recieve great comments off everyone. It is strong too so dont need to use a lot, I wore it 3 weeks ago and i can still smell it on the shirt i wore. Definitely for a man or woman.

lovetribe
lovetribe

i had this.good but too much pineapple!!!!
for me is unisex.

icecube
icecube

I have never encountered a parfume that is the total opposite to the image it gives out.
Blue ?? A clean and minimalistic botlle to this heavy patchouli and tuberrose juice !!
Well I know this line stands for tarotcards but even that does not go with the image of it.
It should have been overly detailed and colorfull to show the true nature of tarotcards and their mystery as well as for this heavy fragrance.
This is a very sweet perfume - might be the sweetest I ever tried.
The perfume is not bad but just so strong that I cant even imagine myself going to a club wearing it - and I am not the shy type.

sampoerna
sampoerna

A very simple, straight-forward fragrance. Opens with a hint of pineapple, quickly making way for that benzoin bliss. Monster sillage on my skin.

In sum, a benzoin bomb - and I love it! Very sexy in a dirty, trashy way.

hansito
hansito

This frag is SUPER SWEET AND FLORAL, in my skin last for more than 20 hours, it's insanely awesome! For guys, it will bring your femenine side to the surface.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

dirty, earthy, heavy patchouli, chocolate and something creamy. something initially reminded me of angel liquour and queen latifah...but as it wore on me more, this turned into TF black orchid. i think i would rather smell this on a man and only tolerable during colder days. too overwhelming for summer. this will make an excellent christmas gift for my man.

lucy xie
lucy xie

the dry down is so amazing

Thiago Alves

perfection in a bottle! ;-)

bailarina
bailarina

Looking at the notes I should love this, but I don't :(
I think the combination of patchouli and pineapple ruined it for me. The other perfumes in these series are OK, they have something interesting about them and somehow appealing. This one opens smelling like inexpensive 80's perfume and dries down to a powdery vanilla. Hey, there is nothing wrong with being inexpensive or from the 80's, but you expect way more from Dolce&Gabbana. I wore It today for 2 hours, and it's very much gone. Thankfully there was no sillage as I felt silly wearing it when I left this morning for the gym in a hurry and just grabbed this one (I got the whole D&G Anthology set). I have M by Mariah Carey, and Angel eau the toilette and parfum, and I love them, but I don't think this one is that good.

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

Dolce&Gabbana’s truly unfortunate Anthologie: 10: Roue de la Fortuneis a tackily slick daytime television sort of a scent.

As a perfume it is perfectly undesirable.
Too sweet, too brash, too silly in its cynical attempt to ride then current trends.

It is a self-embarrassing effort to capture a lucrative demographic with a half-hearted stab at white floral with cotton candy and poorly composed patchouli.

It gives off the desperate smell of something that hopes it will scrape through by association with a big name.

Even sadder, somewhere under the ladlefuls of syrup applied to the scent (the notes rather evasively refer only to benzoin) one senses there might actually have been an alluring aroma here once.

It is a fallen top model reduced to syndicated game shows to earn a living: all soft perms, soft focus and sickly maquillage.

Everything about it is sincere only in being utterly synthetic.

As for its inclusion in a nominally limited edition ‘Anthologie’ range?

It possesses all the exclusivity of a Wal-Mart discount bin.

Which, frankly, is where it deserves to be.

************

On the other hand, no one, man or woman, deserves it.

This is too bad to be even booby prize.

Lakambini
Lakambini

This opens with a soft spicy, rather sweet character that reminds me a bit of Pink Sugar’s heart notes. I think I smell a tiny bit of patchouli and something resinous. The fragrance is rather subdued, I had to lay on quite a bit from the vial itself before I could really be sure about what I was smelling. There is definitely a yeasty sweetness going on here. Vanilla leaves a definite imprint, and (contrary to what you would expect from the simple niche-like bottle and cool blue juice) this is certainly a gourmand. But a light one. The florals I get are vague-white, and contained by that confectionary-sweetness. Even after three or so hours, it still smells pink and nibbly, rather than truly floral.

For young women who need their sugar fix yet stress about rolling into a room in full old-lady battle regalia. This is a pretty little perfume that, thanks to my sample from supergirl83221, I can now tick off my list: Tried it, Liked it, But... I prefer my so-called oriental-florals a bit more lush and elderly.

jcastano
jcastano

I bought a tester online for $20 because I really wanted to get my hands on one fragrance from the D&G Anthology line and wound up blind buying this one. I don't see how they try to pass this off as unisex because this was so feminine. Granted, one can make the argument that all fragrance is unisex, however, that's not always the case. I think there are scents better catered to the male and female sides of spectrum. That said, this is not a solid unisex fragrance. It's just far too feminine, although the times I did wear it, I was complimented quite often from women. One of my friend's, who's gay, made the remark, "You smell like a woman but I like it". He liked it, sure, but if I'm going to smell like a woman, it's because I'm going to be wearing Dior Homme! On the other hand, my dad said I smelled "girly" and thought I had a girl in the house at first lol.
Now that I've gotten that out of the way, on a woman, I imagine this scent would be remarkable. It's fairly linear and projection isn't monsterous but it gets the job done for about 4-7 hours. Honestly, it isn't unique at all but I do enjoy the tuberose/gardenia florals blended with the syrupy pineapple. It makes for an interesting opening. It still remains so throughout the fragrance life but the patchouli eventually tones down the sweetness. The vanilla becomes more pronounced but is just a soft sweetness and the benzoin gives a sweet, flat tone which overall gives the scent a less overwhelming aroma then the initial sugary opening. I wouldn't recommend this scent to any female, more so, an older female, because this scent is somewhat juvenile and is too banal. There's so many tuberose/gardenia fragrances that I'd rather spend hard-earned money on.

I can understand the comparison to Angel, and the idea that this is sort of a lighter/smoother version of that one. It's not too sweet for me, but the problem I have is that there is not enough to offset or balance out that sweetness. It's not too "synthetic" and certainly smells pleasant, but I'm not sure I could stand it for several hours. I think I'm going to stick to scents that aren't as sweet and offer more note contrast, such as the many that smell like Gucci's Envy for Men that I have (ST Dupont's Signature for Men is one), and put my 95% full 100 ml bottle up for swap.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Lightly spiced tuberose floating on a denser patchouli base. I truly enjoy this one because the patchouli is blended properly and uplifts the other note instead of drowning them out. Even if you intensely dislike patchouli I think this one is still worth a test as the patchouli functions more as it does in classic perfumes -- the background singer not the headliner. The benzoin also keeps the white florals from being too heavy. This is a very transparent scent to me, the balmy nature of it keeps the white florals from being too strong. It's a very well blended perfume in that nothing overwhelms anything else.

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

What a great surprise for me!
It's a mixture of what I believed to be my absolute favourite notes (gardenia, tuberose, benzoin) and my least favourite notes (pineapple, vanilla). Had no idea what to expect.

In the first hour I could not imagine for this to be unisex at all, but now I can smell it - such a sensual take on it.

Very warm, very inviting, slightly woodsy to me. It reminds me of something strongly but I can't quite put my finger on it - however I've come to a very strange conclusion that it reminds me of scented diary pages from the early 90's + Givnechy Pi + a packet of open cigarettes + white florals. I know - it's strange! A great surprise to me and big thanks to freddinos for another successful swap ;)

cikonan
cikonan

I am quite impressed with this perfume. The smell is good and long lasting. I sprayed on my shirt and it could last until the next morning.

Even though it is for women, I believe this one can be wore by men too because it has a bit masculine smell.

Annica
Annica

I tested this today and was surprised at how much I liked it. I thought it would be very masculine but it´s definately not. It´s sweet thanks to the pineapple but not in a gourmand way just enough to keep it fresh. I think it´s very versatile, it probably works well on most occasion. I may have sprayed too little but the longevity was not so good on my skin, just a few hours but I have ordered the perfume so we will see if it is correct.

freddinos
freddinos

Oh Angel, why oh why do you have to exist and ruin my experience with perfumes I could otherwise like? As others have said, this could easily be a more wearable, likeable Angel flanker. Unfortunately for me,having smelled (and disliked) Angel, Roue de la Fortune is a no. In another lifetime I could like, even love it. Now sadly I have to pass.Oh well...

Top Notes: Pineapple, Pink Pepper, Tuberose

Middle Notes: Jasmine, Gardenia, Vanilla

Base: Orris Root, Benzoin, Patchouli

The notes above aren't correct or in the right places* (green notes and Iris are not in this fragrance)

This smells like a toned down, more creamier version of Madonna's Truth or Dare

They share some similar notes (Tuberose, Gardenia, Jasmine, benzoin, vanilla)

The white florals are there but the vanilla, pink pepper, & benzoin balances it from being a floral bomb

If you want a linear white floral with sweet tones Truth or Dare Is the one for you. If you want a white floral with a warmer creamy spicy tone but still a strong presence get La Roué de la fortune

To the angel comparisons, I think its only the vanilla & patchouli that make them similar... Because la Roué is a spicy white floral with toned sweet notes, the patchouli isn't really that strong, it's light compare to others like Fancy Nights By Jessica Simpson.. So I wouldn't call this a patchouli bomb cause its not because the pink pepper really is more noticeable in this an the patchouli it should be the one of the top noticeable notes

I'm surprised it only has (49) for being noticiable when it's strongly in the fragrance. It should be with up their with the tuberose & Gardenia in the (90) & (100)

Carter-Blood
Carter-Blood

Tested this a few years back thinking it was for a man. Initially the aroma was not great simply due to it being tuberose and gardenia, scents that tend to make me sneeze. I recall waiting for an attack to come on but it never did, thus I deduced that synthetics were at work.
Once the fragrance had settled, patchouli, pepper, pineapple and vanille worked a magic that I would say was unique enough for this not to be too close to some of the other fragrances already listed by others.
I was shocked in part to discover that this was for women seeing as the store had placed it amongst the mens testers; it does in hindsight have hints of Victor & Rolfs' Spicebomb, Tom Fords' Tobacco Vanille, as well as Estée Lauder's Sensuous.

Galadia
Galadia

It's M with a vanilla sweet tone their dry downs are similar... Sweet tropical white florals but La Roué's florals are deeper

The thing that makes the two similar are the hearts & bases which are similar... Both are smoky sweet fragrances I'd call La Roue a mature M by Mariah Carey... They have a tiny dash of aquatic tones ... I have both scents

.M by Mariah Carey Parfum Extract . la roué... They fit the same category

The only diference is that la roué has a pepper note that keeps it from being too sweet... But M does have a dose of patchouli it's just not the traditional hippy patchouli but a candied sweet one.. Which I find in this one also

The Notes for La Roué de La Fortune

(Top notes)
.Pineapple, Tuberose, Pink Pepper

(Heart Notes)
.Gardenia, jasmine, Vanilla

(Base Note)
.Orris Root, Benzoin, Patchouli

They are in the wrong formulation & it doesn't have iris or green note in it

eaudetoile
eaudetoile

This is my favorite scent of the anthology. It is sweet and tarte but not nauseatingly innocent like some perfumes. It has a bit of depth to it that makes it suitable for the older set. I love this perfume. I would buy it again.

flashingwhitelights
flashingwhitelights

I don't see how this perfume can be compared to Mariah Carey's M.....M is way too sweet and I don't get much patchouli. La Roue de la Fortune as many people have mentioned before smells like a lighter, less-concentrated version of TM's Angel. I can see this fragrance being worn on both women and men because of the prominance of patchouli in the dry-down. I wish it lasted longer on my skin.

Edit: Now that I have purchased this, the florals are more prominant. Smells quite nice.

Lorina001
Lorina001

This is such an interesting parfum. I don't like the opening though - smells very masculine to me. But after an hour or so the Gardenia comes through. It's never girly, but very seductive!

Pooky Castro
Pooky Castro

Like all the D&G collection tarot, i love this one; it's a wonderful floral, creamy and a bit of fruity...my brother try it on his skin and felt strong and very masculine but when I try it you felt the androgynous part...so wierd, but charming

liliya17
liliya17

I actually like it a lot, its smells more expensive that I cost which is a big plus IMO.It lasted pretty long on me and my skin absorbers perfume very fast, on my sweater I can still smell it 3 days later, its very similar to Angel which I want to buy also but I can't for now. Overall I am very pleased with this perfume but I am a big fan of all Dolce$Gabanna creations, I love Italian perfumery, shoes, clothing and men of course! I am European and prefer French and Italian fragrances.

HLVTCA09
HLVTCA09

This is perfect for all the people that would love angel if it wouldn't have that scratchy honey note. it smells like a very soft, creamy version of angel! Minus the honey.

Until Forever
Until Forever

This scent has captured tuberose in a nice way.. Closer than a lot of fragrances that is said to contain the dark alluring note

Tuberose is peppery, spicy, sweet, dark, floral, elegant, provocative, unapologetic, sultry... Unforgettable...

The notes of this fragrance has captured every characteristic of TUBEROSE... I deem this the child of tuberose... & I'll explain

Red peppercorn... Adds the peppery spicy undertone tuberose has.... Tuberose of course give you the provocative essence.... Jasmine/gardenia combines to give the full floral effect of tuberose since its the deepest white floral of the family... Vanilla /benzoin brings to life that thick, comforting, intoxicating sweetness of tuberose that will have you smelling your arm from time to time... And patchouli gives us the unapologetic /dark earthiness of tuberose that many Parfumers try to erase...

Michael Kors & many others that claim to harbor the essence of tuberose have left out the dark, spicy, earthy, sinister, unescapable characteristics that make tuberose TUBEROSE. They focus in the floral part only which makes their fragrances seem flat really

luna1234567

OMG ! My man sprayed this on his skin rather than his clothes today and wow! This smells amazing....I LOVE LOVE LOVE it . ..I couldn't stop sniffing him. I would like to try it myself. It smells perfectly unisex...it's soooo good....I don't know how to describe the notes but its just amazing!

luna1234567

My fiance loves this. I'm going to get it for his birthday. He has a sample and when I smelled it on him I had no idea it was unisex. It didn't smell feminine in any way. I wonder if it would smell different on a woman.
So far it's very nice on men. =)

calyx93
calyx93

Smells like a drug store body wash or body mist based on a watery blend of synthetics - this is not a proper perfume.

As you can see from the above comparisons (changes daily, but at my time of posting, 4 celebrity scents and 1 designer), it obviously smells like too many products - just a mish-mash of generic designer and celebrity scents.

And they thought we'd all be tricked by the Marc Jacobs colors and Prada Exclusives knockoff flacons :)

Update - read a very informative article which talks about how D&G decided to give the brief to a personal care division (soaps, shampoos, deodorants, etc.) instead of actual perfumers to create this line. This is why they smell so cheap.

dimplesg
dimplesg

I love this scent but I have to be in the right mood to wear it. It really reminds me of Vera Wangs Princess when mixed with my skin chemistry. It lasts all day on my skin; you only need a couple of sprays as its quite potent.

MiguelHarris
MiguelHarris

Smells toasted, warm, comforting, sophisticated, & glamorous... Smells a little grape like (white florals) but very warm & cozy

To anyone who ever wondered why some white floral fragrances have a grape or wine smell to them ... It's TUBEROSE... the flower has a distinctive grape like wine undertone in its delicate aroma that is intoxicating

I like how tuberose is done in this fragrance.... It smells more like the natural flower rather than the chemical creation Michael Kors made that has everyone believing they know what a tuberose smells like lol... Michael Kors is pretty much pale compared to the actual flower.. It doesn't even smell like the actual flower...

But I love this & that its a white floral without falling into the chemical mess family known as Michael Kors

CityStar91
CityStar91

Smells like a mixture of

Estée Lauder's Sensuous
Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb
M by Mariah Carey
Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Less sweet & a lot richer.... Very sensual fragrance

Unbreakable Heart

After wearing this for a few days...... THIS FRAGRANCE IS THE REBEL... It's a clever fragrance that teaches a lesson.... A GENDERLESS FRAGRANCE... It's not female nor male nor unisex.... It's the one who turns heads...... Break rules.... & is shameless....

This fragrance on a man can be feminine.... On a woman masculine.... It puts you on the spot... Are you brave enough to take fortune's hand as it guides you through the places you were scared to tread.... Guys are you brave enough to be surrounded by an atmosphere of ambery iconic white florals... Ladies are you strong enough to be shielded by the cold aroma of earth without worry....

10 wants you to awaken from the illusion & stand up to be that one rebel of the fragrance world..... Don't let the gender marketed towards a fragrance bound you... Wear it don't let it wear you.....

I took 10's journey...... Now it's my signature scent..... IM THE REBEL

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

I like this fragrance. Its balmy, warm, floral. From the reviews I see men wear this too, which in my opinion they can, but its not masculine. My only problem with this fragrance is the poor projection & lasting power :(

Unbreakable Heart

WARM & SEXY... CREAMY WHITE FLORALS... I'VE BEEN WANTING THIS FOR SO LONG.. I FOUND IT IN Marshall's for $39.00 100ml... I ran & grabbed it lol... Rare gem in that fragrance bunch

sofoubiz
sofoubiz

reminds me of chocolate.

PipeDreams#1
PipeDreams#1

A really nice fragrance. I agree with the others who compare this to Angel, although it is definitely a lighter version. Longevity isn't great for me, (but keep in mind, very few scents last on my skin, so take it with a grain of salt). Upon first spray, I really smell the heady florals but they go away quickly and the drydown for me is all Jasmine and Patchouli, which I love. I think men and women can be equally comfortable wearing this. Like all fragrances, your personality will carry a scent more than any other factor. :)

UPDATE: 12/4/12 I layered a couple sprays of this with SJP Lovely and the combo is heavenly! The florals mix well and the patchoulis speak to each other. My new favorite way to wear both of these fragrances.

cinema1974
cinema1974

Well this is a nice fragrance, I will purchase a bottle soon.My husband does not think it a unisex perfume and with the right guy maybe he can pull this off... but the floral notes just can't play off. I sprayed it on my husband and he said this is a lady fume... he said it too floral for a man to wear. I don't know but i think it heavy for a women but the floral bash is what makes me think it for lady. It is strong on me and last well over 4 hours with a beautiful down dry.It has many phases but generally it good fragrance... It EDT too...

Hollie
Hollie

I didn't have high expectations so I really shouldn't be disapointed....but I am. It's thin, watery, faint...repeat...faint. I just applied less than five minutes ago and it's vanished already. What I do smell is simply something slightly sweet(amber..not listed), slightly woody, slightly fruity(pineapple),slightly floral...and nothing distinct. In my personal opinion, I would not call this an Oriental....more like a "Fruity Floral" or an extremely soft floral-fruitiental. What's really strange to me is that pretty much everyone comments on the Patchouli (which is a note I love)and I,honestly,smell NO Patchouli here. I've worn it a few times so far and nothing new is happening for me yet....gettin' the same thing each time. I won't say it's bad....what I do smell is generically pleasant enough.It vaguely reminds me of a much softer, more powdery version of SHE by Usher ( which I dont' like) They both have a weird, sour grape note...kinda like wine gone bad although it tends to fade from La Fortune but really stays with SHE. I didn't want to make the connecton between the two but it just happened. It really doesn't remind me much of Angel....only that it's coming from a sweet-floral place although there is something slightly medicinal ( not sure what) that..for my nose...tends to show up in the Thierry Mugler fragrances I've smelled/used. Seems like alot of people favor this fragrance....I wish I could be more excited about it.

BTW...I have a full 3.3oz bottle if someone is interested.

wrigleatode
wrigleatode

picked up this today 29/10/2012 for £10!!! i think that around $13 USD.

brand new! and simply to clear it for new stock // shelving space in my local pharmacy.
they had the other bottle to...and i could have bought it but i just got this one. its so nice.

one thing i wasnt sure about was if it was for men or women.

i guess it would have said 'pour homme' had it been for a guy.
anyway yes it is for women.

at that price !!!

i normally try b4 i buy with perfumes.
there wasnt a tester....and i thought if it wasnt nice on me, im sure someone else would have liked it.

so yes....good gamble.

the only reason i say that is i bought lady gaga fame perfume...having never tested it....and hate the smell.

yet it smells lovely on my mum/!!

its true what they say- perfumes smell different on different skin stypes.

THEBEAST
THEBEAST

GREAT FRAGANCE... THE ONLY THING ... ITS THAT ALWAYS SMELL DIFERENT ... SOME DAYS MORE FLORAL, SOME DAYS MORE PATCHOULIS SCENCES ... SO .... TRY IT, FOR THE DAY FOR SURE

dehdalbosco
dehdalbosco

My boyfriend bought this fragrance and the first time I tried it, I didn't know what to say, I found it normal. A few days later I tried again, and it was love at the second sight! Its the only floral scent that is made for man that I liked, and in the end we can feel a touch of woody, very light, not a strong scent. Its unisex, as advertised, and I use it more at night. Can be used in all seasons, but goes easily with spring and summer because of the floral. Its with no doubt a fragrance for people who want to seduce and be noticed, is sexy, attractive and daring. The only weak point is the bottle, does not call much attention, but is part of the D & G line so I guess it didn't pass unoticed. Love it!!

SCENT - 9/10
LASTING - 9/10
BOTTLE - 7/10

syameeboo
syameeboo

Love it! Altoug its pour femme, but as a guy i like it.

s_athena
s_athena

Dear 10 Roue de la Fortune,

We seemed made for each other on paper - you had all the right notes I was looking for that I had found in other favorites. Patchouli, pink pepper, gardenia... but I didn't count on the one note that would throw a wrench in our ill-fated match: PINEAPPLE. Now I love this fruit, to smell and to eat, but combined with your greener notes you became an artificially-flavored grape popsicle, melting in the sun, in the worst possible way. And that was the better phase! The worse was the medicinal monster you formed on my skin after the popsicle evaporated and left me with the medication side of benzoin - in other words a melted grape popsicle mixing in with prescription skin ointment, drying into a bitter quinine-infused powder. You were the worst Pixie Stick I've ever smelled! I wish we could have made it work, but we were not suited for each other. We will just have to stay friends and see other people. It's not you, it's my skin chemistry. I'm sorry.

Alfimaus
Alfimaus

This is just too much patchouli for me. I think it would fit a man more than a woman. At least on my skin it smells very masculine.

Besides that, it can be a good oriental perfume if it fits your body chemistry.

I'm open for a swap, so please contact me.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Re tested this again today and I still find it leaning towards the feminine side. It smells very simular to Chopard Wish and a lighter variation of Thierry Mugler Angel. The staying power is great but it is too flowery and the sugary cotton candy note is too strong for me. It does have that A*Men woody note but leans way too much towards a womans fragrance for my liking.

pshycogirl-81
pshycogirl-81

I think this fits better men´s skin.
On me it was nothing but a Patchouli bomb!

mendwillie
mendwillie

It was love at first sight. What a delicious scent I feel fine when I use this perfume. What he never goes out of service because it is very tasty and not so expensive. Fixation was good, nothing much more durable.

Thiago Alves

I got this one on my birthday, and all I can say is: this perfum is magical! everytime I wear this I get I lot of compliments, smells at the beginning a little bit floral, then it becames a soft addictive vanilla scent! with the "le amoreux", I pick my two favorites of the D&G anthology!

LaPetite
LaPetite

I'm happy because i got this on sale + with a 10€ off ticket , i only got my 50ml bottle for 16.00€ , this is good ! I've been wanting it fo a while . Sometimes patience pays off !
This is definitely an unisex perfume the patchouli is quite harsh , you have to love patchouli to wear this one , but it's also quite sweet and warm .
This is not at all a hot weather scent ! Keep it for the coldest season !
By the way i saw it on sale in many shops , maybe it's a sign it's going to be discontinued ...

sameh
sameh

Grate EDT, i used it last winter, im going 2 buy another bottle !
p.s diffidently it's a UNISEX & im just disappointed from the bottle design , it should be more elegant !
p.s i wish D&G consider a EDP 4 it SOON !

TaniaClamp
TaniaClamp

La Roue de La Fortune is a woman's scent and it's soft, powdery floral vanilla. The most characteristic is the incredible creaminess similar to L'Instant de Guerlain (they are both oriental floral, but in my opinion they both are more floral gourmands). La Fortune delivers sweet patchouli from beginning to end. It starts out with quite strong white flowers, and then turns into a nice syrupy vanilla sugary aroma with lots of patchouli .... The scent stay cloes to your skin throughout the entire time!!! Overall this is a pleasant one... Of the entire Anthology line are La Fortune 10, L`Imperatrice 3 and La Lune 18, my favorites.

The staying power is average, whereas the staying power of L'Instant de Guerlain is excellent!!!!

La Roue de La Fortune är absolut en kvinnas doft, mjuk, pudrig och blommigt vaniljig. Det mest karaktäristiska är den otroliga krämighet, vilket påminner om L'Instant de Guerlain (de är båda orientaliskt blommiga, men i min mening är båda två mer blommiga gourmander)..... La Fortune levererar söt patchouli från början till slut. Den öppnar upp med ganska starka noter från vita blommor, men förvandlas till en underbart sockrig sirapsliknande vaniljdoft med massor av patchouli .... Doften finns nära huden hela tiden.... underbart! I det stora hela är detta en mycket fin doft... Av hela Anthology linjen så tycker jag mest om La Fortune 10, L`Imperatrice 3 och La Lune 18.

Doften kvarstannar tyvärr inte så länge, medan L'Instant de Guerlain sitter hela dagen.......

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Its an in the mood fragrance, meaning I love it when I'm in the mood for it, I got it on a blind buy after reading reviews && I was very pleased its a very pleasant scent. It is kinda strong but that doesn't bother me b/c heavy to me means it'll last longer which it does.

They say that the anthology's are uni-sex, but I heard certain numbers are directed more towards woman && vice verses && #10 they said was more for woman, they shouldn't say uni-sex then say O no but its more for a woman just saying messes with ppls heads, but IDC I like it && I like how it smells on me, plus I'm a gender bender with scents anyways so w/e, if you like it wear it. It smells diff @ first spray of course but its the dry down that I love.

I usually like to wear this when I go out && I like I said when I'm in the mood for it, my co-worker smelled it on me && she fell in love with it, I told her its uni-sex, she said she has to get it now! If your interested try it out, its a pretty scent perfect for the fall to early spring months && you get a pretty nice size for the money if you know where to shop. ;)

Senzadite
Senzadite

@ pavel henry

LALIQUE ENCRE NOIRE is closer to tumulte than this...i own tumulte and i find encre noire very similar....so does L´eau de issey intense.

s.w.
s.w.

from all D&G Anthologys this one is my favorite. but i have a really strange relationships with it :) sometimes it makes me crazy with an warm softness and the sparkling notes of the flowers. but sometimes i feel tired of it cause for some reason it becomes heavy a little bit... interesting that i bought this one for summer but couldnt use, while in wintertime this perfume was really great and gave me a comfortable feeling

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

The only reason I bought La Roue de la Fortune is cus it's very similar to Tumulte- Christian Lacroix, that is very hard-to-find in Brazil (what I like is easy to find here?).
The staying power is average and the price is very reasonable in our shops.

*Obs.: Tumulte pour Femme.

manulices69
manulices69

i love this fragance, is so special,when i use this very people askme the name of this parfum

maddmark
maddmark

totally disapointed,i hurriedly got mine at heathrow duty free,and was dissapointed when i tried it on my skin.i would honestly give it a pass mark 4.5/10

Apep
Apep

My girlfriend loves this smell on me, but I find it very generic and question its longevity. It's a mixture of sweet and floral, to quote my girlfriend it smells of "Parma Violets"!

I think it is a nice, fairly "safe" daily wear, but it's certainly not a mature scent by any means and will not make you stand out from the crowd. For the money there are better options available.

rain4344
rain4344

From the first smell of it, seems i smelled it before. Smells like men's classic perfume back in forgotten years. It's like one of those imitated scent with a mass production where you could find in a bargain store. It makes me sick, lingering to my nose. Not a pleasant scent at all. . . too synthetic. Almost like a strong deodorant scent from men hehehe. . . too masculine. I don't think it's unisex.

Iluvsmellies
Iluvsmellies

I'll make my usual point first before commenting on the perf itself - it ain't a chypre, no oakmoss, no bergamot. Patchouli does not make a chypre! Rant over, it is a sweet floral with a gourmand / oriental twist. I smell vanilla, not listed in the notes here. It is at the moment, my favourite in this collection. Nothing more to add that hasn't already been said. They are all pleasant, uncomplicated fragrances, marketing them as a unisex set is a bit of a cheat, they are no more nor less unisex than any other scent, so in my opinion the set consists of 3 'feminine' and 2 'masculine' targetted fragrances, all ok but nothing new.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

I really don't understand the comparisons to Angel at all.

I get a bright, semi-sweet tuberose & gardenia warmed by balsams and patchouli. The fume is feminine. Has a sparkling quality, like the sun in a cloudless sky. Not the dirty muddled combo of too many notes in TM Angel. No way! That said... If I had to compare it to anything, I'd say it was more like Tocca Cleopatra.

miss-baksel1988
miss-baksel1988

This was my signature scent. I wore it all times, got compliments about it and people asking me what I was wearing. I still like it, but i'm not in love with the scent anymore. I guess I got bored with it.

L'amoureux
L'amoureux

I love La Roue De La Fortune! It's far from generic and the top notes and the drydown make me melt. It's unisex for sure. It's my favorite discovery

agi
agi

This perfume is too stronge for me,its lasts forever on me and make me feel sicks afret some time.Smell is stragne too.

thepicketywitch
thepicketywitch

“The Player: adventurous and creative-the epitome of surprise-La Roue de la Fortune is governed by the roll of the dice. Its wearers are intrepid, experimental, players of life’s game.”

I will admit that the only two adjectives I could think of to describe this one were similar to adventurous and creative-and this was before I read the description. When I first spritzed it however, I thought ‘How can they market this as a unisex fragrance?’ The introductory notes of jasmine, tuberose, and gardenia quite literally burst forward, and you’re overwhelmed by a floral, slightly fruity sweetness. But as it warms and mixes with the skin, the base of benzoin and patchouli emerge through the bouquet of petals and mellow the sweetness out. This gives it a more masculine aura, and lends richness and dimension. Though it starts out as a very floral, feminine fragrance, almost aggressively so, it matures into true non gender-specific territory.

Overall, this scent is bright, confident, almost nonchalant.

maryco036
maryco036

Everything that is charming and complex with Angel is part of this fragrance. I wear this and I feel sweet and pretty. Love!

Roma27
Roma27

This is a Beautiful fragrance & one of my favourites among the Anthology series. Definitely one that I seem to reach for most often than not. Easy to wear for most occasions. I also love that it smells so similiar to Angel, a much softer version but without the complexity, longevity or potency of Angel. It's an extremely versatile fragrance, lovely for any season. Can easily be unisex. The patchouli & tuberose lingers so perfectly. Absolutely LOVE this!!! For me 8/10

marman
marman

Just perfect. It starts feminine but after a while transformed into a warm sensual masculine scent. A truly unisex scent.
Fits perfectly on metrosexual guys.

Tye kristoher
Tye kristoher

I got a free bottle of this whenever we had a fragance class with all the vendors that came down to tell us about the new pefumes they would give us them to try well I got to pick mine it was number 10 and I regreted it lol so I ended up giving it to somebody else it made me stomach hurt something in it made me sick I usually love fragrances like fantasy, fancy, heat, can can, pink sugar, but this one just eh it makes me sick to even think about it I wanted to like it but I just couldnt.... :(

Someone gave it to me because she wanted to get rid of it. Initially I thought I might like it, but in the end it's just one of these gourmand scents that are out there so many. It's a bit like Yves Rocher So Special or a light version of Angel and so on. It's too sweet for me.

anna.023
anna.023

Not so nice. Really heavy smell with lots of vanilla, reminds me about flowerbomb and carolina herreras sexy. Not my taste, and not specially male..

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Similar to Angel at the biginning due to the pachouli but not that heavy. After about 5min the pachouli goes to the background. I wouldn't have guessed that any of the white flowers listed here are part of the composition. I am a sucker for white florals and can usually pick out tuberose and gardenia from miles away but not here.

This scent is very sweet. I would say it is leaning towards the category of gourmand fragrances. Very feminie, so not unisex in my books. Slightly reminiscent of the opening of M by Mariah Carey.

olga1780
olga1780

I don't know about the unisex part (smells too feminine to me), but definitely a great fragrance.
On me it smells sweet, and very oriental. Right now I can't pinpoint which oriental it reminds me of, probably Montana Parfum for Femme is the best bet.
But nevertheless it has enough personality to stand out on its own without any comparisons.
Definitely my type of perfume!

Lotofire
Lotofire

A burst of flowers at the very beggining, it has a mystic feeling...quite sweet in the angel way, is well blended so it doesnt overwelm you settles down to a warm inviting scent, love it!

JohnMc
JohnMc

A personal fave. As someone who has a sweet tooth, I would go as far as to say that this fragrance combines the sweetness of confectionary with the intense headiness of florals mixed together. A lot of guys would find this too sickly-sweet, but I believe that as it is classified as a unisex fragrance, it can be worn by either sex and by men in particular in a way that respects its intense floral aroma and so it should be applied in small concentrated doses rather than in a liberal fashion, lest it overwhelms. There is something about this fragrance that I find deeply intoxicating and able to take my imagination and senses to another (very pleasant) place when I smell it on my arm during a dreary journey.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Very nice smell.
I'm wearing this today and I'm really enjoying it!
Benzoin and patchouli; two opposing notes, but the perfect back bone for a stand-tall fragrance that boasts confidence and sophistication. White floral note bring and elegant sweetness that a man can still be proud to eminate.
The heavy sweetness and florals are reminiscent to a classic Chanel, or in another way, to A*men, but without the gourmand quality and smiting projection.
This has joined my 'love' list. Hoping the others will follow

Natalie467
Natalie467

Special thanks to Kikki96 for swapping this with me!

Normally not a fan of D&G fragrances, but I find La Fortune is very do-able. I was interested in this because of it's association with the Tarot and because it features some of my favorite notes.

La Fortune's notes seem a bit more complex than just gardenia, jasmine, tuberose, benzoin and patchouli. It's a very polished and complete scent. The clean patchouli feels almost edgy and that continues into the dry-down. It's not bad, it actually sets it apart from other fragrances with similar notes, and IMO keeps it from becoming as sweet as Flowerbomb. The dry down is very similar to Angel and Ange Un Demon as others have mentioned here. I'd pick Fortune over Angel, but not over Ange, well, it would depend on my mood.

Would I buy a bottle of this? If it was on sale, yes I certainly would.

SCJS
SCJS

I find this one horrible. It's way too sweet on me and I don't find it balanced what so ever - it's just one big flowery splash, with a very chemical tuberose note. I can't find any patchouli notes at all, and I'd wish for it to be way more woodsy.

A very sweet and cheap smell that reminds me of the mixture of hair spray, body lotion, shampoo and cheap perfume in a changing room.

Sillage is ok and it lasts for about 5 hours on me.

mizue
mizue

Love this perfume so much. My man can't take his nose off my neck :)

sofiii
sofiii

La Roue De La Fortune 10 starts Sweet, hypnotic, incense-y without the smoke, and truly mysterious in a purple shade. It gives off a similar feel as Angel, but mixed with more hippy and haha-I’m –blonde-I wanna-have-fun-at-a-disco vibe. It’s a rather strange and mixed feeling, I personally find it quite challenging to wear (as in the ingredients here just doesn’t seems to appear to my nose in a harmonic way)

The scent is quite liner, the dry down is like a tamed top+middle notes of Angel by Thierry Mugler in a huge vinyl bag.

LRDLF 10 is intriguing, not a bad Angel type of perfume with a non-vanilla approach, however, there’s something harsh and I find the quality of ingredients a little bit too course to match such a promising name.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Toilette)

LA ROUE DE LA FORTUNE is gourmand floral to me. It is a lovely perfume suitable more for ladies in my humble opinion. It is slightly sweet, pleasant, soft and perfectly safe to wear on the occasion when you do not want to be overpowered by the scent. The light and transparent quality seems to unite the D&G Anthology Series. These modern style fragrances I think are designed to be close to the skin, light scents, which I think is accurately represented by the ad campaign.

LA ROUE DE LA FORTUNE starts aromatic and airy but then this sweet gourmand note comes in, which I think is a mixture of vanilla and tropical flowers in the heart notes. This sweet gourmand note actually reminds me a lot of HYPNOSE by Lancome. It is less strong and less fluffy and balanced by super light patchouli but nevertheless two fragrances are similar on my skin when compared side by side. The dry down continues along the same trajectory with pleasant gourmand vanilla and benzoin. The patchouli is so light that it is not very noticeable on my skin.

Overall this is a pleasant light gourmand scent but not enough to tempt me to get the full size bottle.

MomMyth
MomMyth

I just encountered this one today. Sampled it on a paper tester - made me think of L de Lolita Lempicka. Vanilla and Sandalwood. Will have to spray this on me and see how it develops.

WH
WH

It is described as an oriental floral fragrance and i love the gardenia, tuberosa and patchouli in the notes, but it is too sweet and floral for men. Great for women who love those floral notes.

Mariza
Mariza

I loooove this perfume! I can smell something sweet, but not too much, white flowers and a little bit of powder! Perfect for all seasons, day and night! It is so pleasant, elegant and longlasting fragrance! But I agree that is not suitable for men.

njdeb
njdeb

When I first sprayed this on, I thought that this cannot be unisex; it is just too sweet. As I wore it a bit, though, I picked up a slight woody/aquatic feel to the the scent which does, in fact, give it somewhat of a masculine edge and prevents the sweetness from being overwhelming.

This perfume actually smells to me like a combination of two perfumes, Angel (as others have mentioned) and Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise. The vanilla sweetness and pronounced patchouli note bring to mind Angel, while the clear, almost "wet" aspect reminds me of Pure Turquoise. The slight woodsiness I detect is also reminiscent of the birch in Pure Turquoise.

Not really floral to my nose, I think you could almost call this a chypre gourmand. I still tend to find it towards the feminine side, but not to the point where a man couldn't pull it off.

Sillage and longevity are excellent.

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

Many people have already submitted very well-written reviews of this fragrance that I whole-heartedly agree with, but I would like to add this:

On my skin...this is, without a doubt, the beautiful daughter (yes, daughter, as I can't picture it on a man) of Angel & Ange ou Demon. If Angel is too camphorous for you or even too sweet in its dry-down, or if Ange ou Demon's lily note is too pronounced for your tastes & not quite gourmand enough...give this a try. It's gorgeous and has pretty good lasting power. This & L'Imperatrice are my 2 favorites from the line.

Amethyste
Amethyste

Smoke with cotton candy, intriguing!
It's in the middle of I like and I love to me.
NOT similar to Parisienne or Angel to my nose.

sherry99
sherry99

Well i want to try this madly but as i get to the perfume place it slips out of my mind and i keep thinking what what was that i wanted to try.HAAAA but this time for sure i will give it a tight shot :::))

andrevarx
andrevarx

A very good fragrance, very good, but nothing for men!. It has input and middle notes very lightly loaded with floral notes with hints of jasmine and gardenia very powerful. The base notes are also very feminine, with touches like wood dust and gardenia.

Actually I failed to say that it is unisex fragrance. In something I have to admit, until the collection bag D & G of this style, is I think the best aroma, but it is not unisex. For a woman from 20 onwards I think is perfect, we recommended for women.

I'm a big fan of D&G, and I read Tarot cards and love unisex scents, so I was very intrigued by the whole Anthology Line. I got the 5 X .67 oz coffret set with each one in miniature bottles in a very spartan boxed set.

Let's just say: I love two of them, like one of them and can take or leave the other two. I am glad I did not buy all of them in FBs blind...but this one here, may be the only one I purchase in a full 100 ml. bottle...

The Wheel of Fortune (Key 10) is the personification of the capriciousness of fate and in a reading means that there are impersonal forces beyond your control affecting the outcome, usually to teach you a valuable karmic lesson. Some define it as 'The Player' and it can often indicate uncertainty or 'luck'.

This juice begins quite feminine with sweet pineapple, tuberose's unique aroma and subtly warm pink pepper, at first it turned me off; despite my love for tuberoses in general, and I thought unisex my _ss, but then something happened. As the floral-fruity topnotes faded, I was greeted with a superb blend of subtler florals and vanilla. It was still slightly sweet but my interest was piqued! As it dried it became a stunning oriental creature with benzoin's warm vanilla-cinnamon scent, sexy orris roots and the PERFECT amount of patchouli...Oh Stephen and Domenic-how could I have doubted you?!

This is truly unisex, it favors the femme at first, and then becomes something utterly genderless and sweet with an earthy, very sexy drydown...

Sillage: good
Longevity: great
Overall: 4.25/5

On first wearing this (after the top notes faded) I went to Mother's room and had her smell it, she liked it all right but she's not into patchouli scents or orientals in general; however, she said the next morning that it lingered in her room for about an hour and it 'grew' on her. This is the type of fragrance this is-strong, subtle and long lasting. It is not what it first appears to be and becomes something utterly wonderful and unique...

This is definitely my favourite from the Anthology series. I agree that it does tend to smell a little like a Thierry Mugler creation or a less powdery Ange ou Demon.

I was surprised by how feminine this fragrance actually is. I had been under the illusion that the blue and green bottles were aimed towards the male consumers.

This fragrance is not as feminine as La Lune and L'imperatrice, however due to the rather strong white florals and syrupy vanilla, La Roue de La Fortune, does seem more suited to females.

I had distinguished this fragrance first off by its sweet, juicy mandarin orange opening. However the light, juicyness of it all didn't last long before rich white florals and delicious, almost edible vanilla took the spotlight.

Patchouli, like it does in Thierry Mugler's Angel, prevents the vanilla from becoming too sweet in the drydown, creating a balanced definition between masculine and feminine. Perhaps on a man's skin, the patchouli would dominate, therefore eliminating much of the sweet accords.

The lasting strength is fantastic, as can also be said for the sillage, which manages to leave a sensual aura. In my opinion, this fragrance is one step up from the vanillary gourmands loved by young girls in particular.

ahmed ehab

this is a wonderfull perfume. i just bought it yesterday and i can stop spraying it no my arm ! its simply a delicious blend of flowers ( tuberose very noticable) and patchouli ( prominent in the base) .

at first its very feminine but then settles down to a patchouli base with hiding flowers in the background.

its sweet and unisex , a gril wearing this would be magical and a guy wearing this ( ME !) would be very sensual !

all who have sniffed this on me tell me how good i smell. the only issue is the longetivity , i wish it would last more than 3 hours :( , but maybe its my dry skin thats sucking ti or maybe because we are in summer .
ill test later in the winter and report back :D

teedee
teedee

10 is so lovely...

light fruity florals in the beginning and then it turns to vanilla sugar (not the sticky sugar, but light pleasant one) with ambery and patchouli mix!

i am in love with this one... as i am having crush with vanilla-patchouli at the moment.

yes ...after a few moments enjoying the vanilla-patchouli-amber drydown... i was reminded of smell so familiar... ANGEL!!!

Yupe... this is like the lighter more cheerful more fluffy Angel. Those who dislike Angel for being too too much, might find this appealing. I think, You can spray this in abandon, unlike Angel, which even I apply sparingly (my dry skin tends to swallow even the strongest fragrance).

Still..i love this one!

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

The Players. Adventurous and creative – the epitome of
surprise – La Roue de la Fortune is governed by the roll of
the dice. A lavish tuberose, gardenia, and jasmine heart sets
aloft a daring benzoin and patchouli base.

Agent Provocateur101
Agent Provocateur101

I have a real soft-spot for this fragrance.
All the ingredients seem to be in perfect harmony with one another with none vying to be the dominant note.

Initial blast,may confuse the wearer somewhat as it has a very "classique" and 80's vibe to it,but dont be peturbed as this soon mellows to a beautiful,subtely sweet almost gourmand, scent. The Benzoin is responsible for the edible/sweet touch,whilst the patchouli adds a spicy kick to the heady florals.

This scent might overwhelm some if used heavily during the daytime but is a perfect companion for an evening out or an intimate encounter.

Sillage is top-notch and longevity is decent but "a little goes a long way" with this fragrance x

pj_guzman
pj_guzman

at first im having second thoughts with this one since it smells too floral but by the time if touches my skin and dried down it somehow transform into musky powdery vanilla scent and i love its so much!!! very unisex!!!

janine76
janine76

Love it , reminds me bit of flower bomb easier to wear anytime of the day ...1 of many fav's

ahmed ehab

this one is gooooooooooooood !!!! it is really good .it has decent longetivity , like 4 hours and the sillage is nice and projects well indeed.
the smell is very nice and it has a dirty smell to it which makes it very very appealing for both sexes. it is wonderfull and mixes magnificently with the egyptian pipe called "shisha" which also smells heavenly !!!

9/10 :D

selinum28
selinum28

This fragrance smells heavily of patchouli from the beginning. I can actually notice gardenia, along with resin maybe, and other dirty notes coming from the complicate scent of white tropical flowers. It is not too femenine, but I don't find this appropriate to men of all ages; it must be gloomy worn by a tired man.

carlosdavidz
carlosdavidz

A very nice perfume. This is my favorite perfume. I can wear it all days without any problems.

andrew85
andrew85

Omg, i really like this perfume, high quality composition, more wearable than Angel, and trully unisex.. sexy... Maybe Creed is more expensive, but all their fragrances are mediocre, weak, and doesnt justify the high price...

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

I find this a nice alternative to Angel it has some characteristics of angel I think. If you cant wear angel but love it, this could work, it's like a simple form of angel. I really can't imagine a man wearing this scent, unless he is my gay husband, in that case it could work, if the man is open to his feminine side!

Update: I want to smell this on a man now! It might be totally sexy!!

guest_diamond:)
guest_diamond:)

i totally disagree with you!!!i adore it and i'm a fan of expensive products!!!you can't smell gardenia and tuberose notes because they are all together,they are mixed:)this has not the unique scent like chanel or other perfumes that they are top,but it's something new and not bad at all:)in fact,it's a mysterious scent and everyone who have tasted it they have noticed a lot of different flowers in it and the touch of vanilla!!!i think it's a formal perfume for some serious persons:))))))))))))))))

thisis by far the best of the series.... pachouli, floral combo, sweet drydown with a touch a vanilla, complex, reaaly good, ythe others are common, cheap smell and very boring.. this is teh best.....

i really like this perfume, smell similar like angel but this is a little more soft, more sofisticade, no overpowering.. the staying power is AMAZING... for far one of the best of the series.....

pinkywithabrain2020
pinkywithabrain2020

I find this to be floral with a hint of sweetness...the sweetness isn't over powering by any means infact I think it's just the right amount. I too smell a hint of vanilla or something...then again it could just be my chemistry. So glad I bought this!!! One of my favorites in the collection!!!

this is by far the best of the series, smell like angel by mugler, but much more smooth and for me more sofisticade and sexy.. for me is a trully unisex, i will buy this marvellous....

i really love this, for me its a trully unisex, very sexy, with a touch of vanilla, tuberouse, benzoin, really sexy, and the staying power is AMAZING... the best of the series.... i want it, im going to buy this sexy perfume.....

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

La Roue de La Fortune, "The Wheel of Fortune." Warm, sensual and inviting. Not something you'd expect from a name like that. Sounds more elegant in French doesn't it? Jasmine and Tuberose are the brutes of florals, together they tend to be overpowering but they are nicely applied here. This is center notch, truly unisex.

levissima
levissima

vtoroi favorit iz etoi shesterki!!!!!! srochno nado testit' na koje.... tem bolee chto zayavleno kak shipr

Thick, chewy patchouli (if that's not redundant...) figures prominently in D&G LA ROUE DE LA FORTUNE. This is the best of this series, in my opinion, offering a decent-quality presentation with some real staying power, thanks to the presence of a fixative (what is conspicuously missing from the other Anthology edts which I've reviewed): benzoin.

I concur with reviewers who detect a vague resemblance to prominent sweet patchouli contenders in the women's realm, and I would be surprised if there were many men who would actually dare to wear LA ROUE DE LA FORTUNE. (It's certainly fine with me, if they are bold enough to do so!)

If you're looking for a sweet patchouli drydown, as in ANGEL very sparingly applied, LA ROUE DE LA FORTUNE gives you the option of skipping the distracting and to many offensive opening. Instead, this linear scent delivers sweet patchouli from beginning to end. Sure, there are a few abstract florals here, too. But they seem to be largely beside the (patchouli) point.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

For me this is totally on the feminine side - I could hardly imagine a man wearing it, though you never know as it all depends on the skin chemistry. Unlike the other reviewers I find almost no similarities with Thierry Mugler's Angel. I can hardly sense the patchouli, which is good, and the gardenia note is very detectable on my skin. I would classify it as a soft, creamy and even delicious floral easy to wear on all occasions.

misscareyann
misscareyann

I recieved a sample vial of this and it is gorgeous. It is a patchouli driven floral, with something slightly sweet hidden underneath. The fragrance itself is soft, but the compilation of notes feel deep.
La Fortune 10 is my second favorite in the series.
I also feel that this is truly a unisex fragrance.

badusername
badusername

When I read how many people likened it to Mugler's 'angel', I promptly made a decision not to sample this, since I can't even bear to be in the same room with someone wearing that scent. However, fate decided for me differently: I was approached with this perfume on a piece of paper and I was absolutely smitten with it at first sniff!

It only seems to this gourmand fragrance who can get my full approval, whereas I still dislike many of the others.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

When I tried my sample of this, I was pleasantly surprised after the bad experience of having to scrub its littermate, La Lune. La Roue starts off as a pleasant, fairly generic fruity floral that dries down into a pleasant, creamy vanilla. It seems to have good sillage and lasting power without being obnoxiously strong. I think it's a nice conservative scent that I can wear when I need to be dignified and not wear my favorite goth/weirdo scents.

jatzzie
jatzzie

I loved the name of this fragrance, but the scent itself...Reminded me of a lighter version of Theirry Mugler's Angel, which I personally dislike very strongly.Also it's pretty unisex, which is another thing I'm not really into, I don't like smelling masculine myself. :D

Nicole79
Nicole79

Not bad at all..., nice, it remindes me a bit of Angel. not as strong as ANGEL, but lighther.

MartinVain
MartinVain

Along with # 18 La Lune, this is my second favorite. I find the first 3 or way to musky and smell alot like men's cologne. But #'s 10 & 18 smell more womanly, sweet & floral with just enough freshness.

jae
jae

I'm totally enjoying this fragrance. Today, I was approached and sniffed sporadically. Women really like this fragrance on me, so I DOUBT that this is too feminine for men at all. The lasting power is 5 hours as of right now. I have a feeling that this one lasts 8+ hours, just like #11. In fact, there is something in this that gives me the impression of something Arabic/Middle Eastern. It must be the benzoin and patchouli. This is an excellent fragrance that no man should be afraid to wear.

guest_Rich
guest_Rich

Someone bought me this as a gift, at first i thought it was a womans fragrance but then i researched it and found out its unisex.

at first i didnt really like it, i found it a bit to female, and to be honest it was a bit to strong and sickly.. but i kept wearing it and ive got used to it.. i like it a lot now.

im always getting asked by men and women what im wearing, people seem to really like it. The smell lingers, i can have a whole night of clubbing etc and i can still smell it on the way home and in the morning.

lilkcceleb
lilkcceleb

Starts Out Floral On My Skin. As It Dries Down, I Gain A "Coco Mademoiselle" Scent. It Has Great Longevity. Test This On Your Skin, Not On Paper! Definitely One Of My Favorites Of 2009!

Notes Are:
Top: Pink pepper, Pineapple, Tuberose
Middle: Gardenia, Jasmine, Vanilla
Base: Orris, Benzoin, Patchouli

MarkNL
MarkNL

I am a man, but am sure that a man can wear this perfume. You have to be a bit strange and you like to attract all the attention. But I noticed that women where very interested what this man was wearing.
The scent is so nice. It is so oriental and strong.

zvoncica
zvoncica

La Roue de la Fortune is girly scent not suitable for men. It is powdery floral, not strong, with good lasting capability. The most characteristic thing in this one is incredible creaminess that lasts throughout entire time. It resembles to Sensuous from Estee Lauder so much that I cant tell them apart.

Good for colder months and everyday wear. Nothing spectacular, more like ordinary and boring. Definitely not a lucky road I would take.

Neysa_marie
Neysa_marie

it smells spicy on me!

Annie_D
Annie_D

I think this has a touch of gourmand to it. I got a lot of cotton candy sweetness in the top notes, and they seemed to remain throughout the scent. If someone likes a very sweet perfume this is it.

taydev

upon further testing i decided that it smells close enough to guess by marciano, which i already have. smells great but i'll have to pass as i hate collecting smells that resemble each other.

taydev

in my honest opinion this is very feminine. i cant imagine a man smelliong like this. then again i havent.... maybe i'll sneak a spray on my brother...

taydev

this is my #1 out of the anthology colletion. there has to be missing ingredients in the list above because there has to be some king of vanilla or something; it has a sensual sweetness to it. defenitly will buy this one.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

My favourite of them.Not a chypre at all,more oriental smell.Sweet and a bit woody,i love it.Drydown is the best,gets very similair to Cristobal-Balenciaga

Trvevil
Trvevil

Does not feel like chypre floral to me too. More like floral- gardenia an jasmine scent enriched with benzoin. Results are sweetened floral. Sillage and lasting power is very great. For me it's too much common, nothing original or fun, so I prefer L'Imperatrice.

mudpach
mudpach

I love it! Same feeling as Dior Addict...I wonder this scent is chypre floral, I think this is oriental.

scenturian
scenturian

Just sampled yesterday and liked so much.
Very delicious sweet floral scent.
Starts with sugary notes which reminds me Angel Men or Flowerbomb, later floral notes join to this sweetness such as rose,jasmie and tuberose.
Developing is different than A Men and Flowerbomb, A Men goes into a woody base, and flowerbomb develops in to candy-like.
The drydown is really gr8. Long lasting, i can still smell next day easily.
I ll definetely own one.

Solvita
Solvita

very nice,long-lasting,but too sweet for me

triplex
triplex

I agree that this does not feel like a chypre floral at all. Same feeling as armani code but a bit softer allthough they only have jasmin in common. Long-lasting and a really nice scent worth trying if you like code. and if you don´t like patchouli... it´s not very prominent or in your face.

maen
maen

hi, it´s quite nice, at the end reminds me Thierry Mugler Angel Eau De Parfum, in a soft way. I like chypre floral or fruity, but I think this is more fresh oriental, it´s my point of view.

D&G Anthology La Roue de La Fortune 10 by Dolce&Gabbana 3.81 out of 5 based on 597 ratings and 148 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana D&G Anthology La Roue de La Fortune 10 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana D&G Anthology La Roue de La Fortune 10, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify D&G Anthology La Roue de La Fortune 10 by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of D&G Anthology La Roue de La Fortune 10 by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.