Designers » D E » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

D&G Anthology La Temperance 14 Dolce&Gabbana for women

D&G Anthology La Temperance 14 Dolce&Gabbana for women
dislike

D&G Anthology La Temperance 14 Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures D&G Anthology La Temperance 14 Dolce&Gabbana for women Pictures

The fashion house Dolce & Gabbana launched D & G Anthology fragrance collection in 2009. The collection consisted of six fragrances named after six tarot cards. Each fragrance is represented by a famous top model. Those fragrances are: Le Bateleur 1 (Tyson Ballou), L’Imperatrice 3 (Naomi Campbell), L’Amoureaux 6 (Noah Mills), La Roue de la Fortune 10 (Eva Herzigova i Fernando Fernandes), La Lune 18 (Claudia Schiffer) and La Force 11 (Tony Ward). Two new editions are added to the collection in 2011: La Temperance 14 („temperance“) and Le Fou 21 (“the fool”).

La Temperance 14 is a floral - woody musky fragrance, a fragrance that represents balance and harmony. It is made of ambrette seeds, iris, musky and woody notes.

Available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Pink Pepper Ambrette (Musk Mallow)

iris Rose Hibiscus Orris

Patchouli Oriental notes Musk

D&G Anthology La Temperance 14 Fragrance Reviews

tonejiinta
tonejiinta

The first 5 minutes are kinda citrusy.. but it becomes a soft calm, warn, spicy sent very quikley.. On my skin it besomes vanillai and musky.. Many perfumes tends to smell vanilla even tough its not vanilla in it.. beautil sent.. remind me of number 10 la roue de la fortune, but not that masculin.. Good for winter times..

smalltownbeatnik
smalltownbeatnik

D&G Anthology La Temperance 14 reminds me of the very best mild and refreshing incense sticks ever produced in the history of ever, Satya Sai Baba's Natural Agarbatti Incense. The description on the box of incense says, "Satya Natural Agarbatti is a very special incense for connoisseurs, with herbal, medicinal, healing and soothing properties. Reminiscent of fresh mountain air, wild herbs and flowers. Satya Natural is ayurvedic in that it cultivates sattva (balance, harmony and light) in the mind."

That's exactly how La Temperance 14 makes me feel.

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

if anyone has this or know where I can get onePLEASE message me.

jessbug
jessbug

Blind bought a 100ml bottle for a good price (I thought), but it's not the most successful blind buy ever.

The creamsicle, orange-and-vanilla comments describe a perfume that sounds fantastic to me. Unfortunately, although I do pick up orange and vanilla, they're not fresh and juicy, but actually rather dusty and dry. More fitting for winter than summer, IMO.

The scent isn't bad or anything, but I just never find myself reaching for it, so I have no idea how I'll ever finish this huge bottle. I was prepared to give it to my sister, but when she smelled it, all she said was "Yeah, it's a bit... yeah.", so that wasn't a success.

Oh well, maybe my nose will suddenly start loving it in a year. It's happened before.

L'eaulita
L'eaulita

Echoing the light, warm and creamy reviews below- but for a light scent, its got great staying power. I get a very close association with the reissued D&G. La Temperance is like a lite version, a whisper that lingers for hours and hours. Perfect for the office, its noticeable but discreet and pleasant. The name is very fitting.

Pasaka
Pasaka

I'm in love with this one! Very soft and creamy. This smell reveals femininity and sexuality.It's a modern, romantic and seductive fragrance.

Angelicax1
Angelicax1

Out of the three Dolce&Gabbana samples that I got from Sephora (La Temperance, L'Imperatrice, and La Lune), La Temperance was the only one that I liked. When I first put it on, I thought "Hmm, smells like a creamscicle" which is surprising because there's no orange note in this and other reviewers mentioned the exact same thing! When it dries down, it retains the creamy marshmallowy orange smell but with the addition of a soft, peppery, earthy undertone. Sounds strange, but it somehow works. Smells like a college girl that hangs out in local tea shops. Cute and sweet, but down to earth and a bit quirky.

LittleMsCharming
LittleMsCharming

I am very surprised there is no citrus listed in the notes, as the impression that this fragrance consistently makes on me is one of a warm, softly sweet, musky citrus.
It reminds me of both the DKNY Sweet Delicious Creamy Meringue and of Chanel Allure. There has to be some sort of a juicy citrus in the top notes, the opening is predominantly citric.

OK, this makes more sense. Checked the notes on Sephora:
Pink Pepper, Bergamot, Ambrette Seeds, Hibiscus Flower Accord, Rose, Orris, Patchouli, Musk.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

La Temperance is light, pretty, clean fragrance. Sweet in an unusual way, not fruity, vanilla, or sugar based to me. I think this sweetness comes from the ambrette, because I've smelt it in a few fragrances and on me its sweet rather than musky. The floral notes in this fragrance do not stand out too much they are very light and I think sniff really close to even notice they are present. I would have to say a soft powdery iris is what I can smell the most. I do pick up on a light patchouli, similar to the one found in La Roue de La Fortune. Yet this patch is not as potent, as if they just put in a drop or two. Its an interesting fragrance that is surprisingly well blended.

I like to wear La Temperance, when I want to wear something that has light musk undertone. Its clean, sweet, and completely inoffensive. This fragrance stays pretty close to the skin, but has great lasting power. You might have to respray if you are looking for something with a sillage. Overall its a great fragrance that I enjoy wearing! I suggest it if you are looking for a soft sweet musk and a fragrance the is fresh without being citrus based..

Elisa S
Elisa S

I also smell orange and vanilla.
And somehow I can't help an aura of the woman, I imagine wearing this fragrance, to come to my mind: She is independent and gets what she wants by herself, doesn't wait for others to come to her. She is neither a wall flower nor loud, but she is confident and at the same time gentle. She is a successful professional and wears this fragrance at the office and sometimes when going out after work.

scratchnsniff29
scratchnsniff29

This stuff stinks at first whiff it reminds me of that cheap body splash "Jean Nate" and then it changes into the smell of Bath and Body Works "Riceflour and Shea" body splash that I hate. I'm so happy that I never paid full price and got the tester for dirt cheap! La Roue de la fortune is 110 times better then this.

flashingwhitelights

When I spray this I immediately smell vanilla and orange (those aren't listed notes so that's weird!) Then after 10 minutes I smell creamy musk, amber and a hint of rose.... smells gooood.... but why is it so weak like the rest of the Anthology series?! Longevity is a problem and also it's lack-of concentration :(

aveilhe
aveilhe

La Temperance is the only D&G Anthology Series scent that has piqued my interest. I will admit that I was drawn to it because it reminded me a bit of Chanel Allure out of the tester bottle (which I used to wear and love). On the skin it also has an Allure 'vibe' to it: soft, fresh, elegant, and feminine.

Temperance is an intimate scent -- it stays close to the skin throughout the drydown (and unfortunately fades all too quickly). The top notes feature just a hint of citrus, along with soothing, powdery iris and Ambrette. Ambrette, also known as 'musk mallow,' is a quiet musk, reminiscent of a baby's skin. Within 10-20 minutes, the powdery-musk notes are joined by a rosy-floral sweetness and a light amber note. The drydown leaves a faintly sweet remnant of musk on the skin.

Temperance is a lovely everyday scent; it also seems like an appropriate scent for quiet moments alone, reading, sipping tea, relaxing. There is nothing unique or groundbreaking about it, but it manages to be alluring in its own way. I find myself reaching for it when I crave something simple and pretty. I feel serene and at peace when I am wearing it -- as I am right now, cuddled under a blanket and listening to the rain fall outside my window...

This is real smooth, almost calming, it is a comfort scent to me, not very exciting, but nicely done, pleasant and feminine. Temperance indicates harmony, and this is it totally, an easy to wear, quiet yet interesting scent. I agree though projection is weak, yet it is attractive and smells real nice. A bit powdery on the dry down, not much. Just enough. The Anthology line is real nice, well made, I like them.

Norgirl
Norgirl

This caught me by suprise. I did not think this would be anything for me but offcours i neaded to test it when i got a sample:)
Suddenly i was caught in a silent moment off the cold wonderfull blue houre before the darkness off the nights set in. I silent whisper off powdery iris. sweetend by hibiscus musk mallow and a slight touch off rose..
There is also a very slight spicyness to it to mix well whit the sweetnes . This reminds me off childhood . Young free and in aww off all what the world has to give .. An enchanting dream.. Its like i can only clos my eyes and be back in time whit that joyous fealing off new adventurs and the expectation of lots off fun
It has a similar feal to it as Folies de Saisons Fantaisies d'Hiver Yves Rocher strangly enough . because i cant say that they have any notes incomen
I am a little disapointed in the sillage off this . i would much have preferd this to be a edp . But for what it is its long lasting whit a cooling fealing . May be to sweet for some one who does not like there perfume sweet. at least the way it develop on my skin.. But make shure to try it if you like sweet slightly powdery fragrances ..
This i realy want a bottle off

flashingwhitelights

This is my favourite of the Anthology series, and lasts the longest on my skin. La Temperance is a soft oriental. It has a creamy amber, musky base. I'm not a fan of sweet, candy-like fragrances... this is a little sweet, but it's not sickly sweet. I would have liked it if this was a more concentrated fragrance, unfortunately the entire series is EDT. Would be better as an EDP D&G!

Lolita7
Lolita7

The temperance is a fragrance quiet, warm and feminine. It has a special smell.
It is noted in a delicate and pretty.

Soon you will be mine Temperance ;)

*********

La temperance es una fragancia tranquila, cálida y femenina. Tiene un olor especial.
Se hace notar de una manera delicada y bonita.

Pronto serás mia Temperance ;)

kai.laidla
kai.laidla

Soft and calming scent.
Reminds me of estonian lemon cookies "Extra".

marietita
marietita

super soft.. smell clean to me.

yacoco
yacoco

love it smell yummy but not to sweet and that way i like it
well balanced 8.8/10

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

I find this very interesting, especially since it is unisex. I like it. It's kind of gourmand and clean at the same time. I can't put my finger on the notes right away, because it has such a mix. But I can definitely pick out something somewhat nutty, musk, and hibiscus. This is definitely an interesting one. The staying power seems pretty good, too.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This was lovely, but more sweet than I expected! A sweet and upbeat floral, I can actually smell mostly the hibiscus and rose, with ambrette seed and lively pink pepper in the opening. Sillage is really nice too, staying time average 5-6 hours on me. Temperance for the name feels a bit too sedate for this fragrance.

jonr951
jonr951

I WANT and NEED 14! After 3, which is a LOVE of my life, 14 is my favorite! SO good! DELICIOUS! I NEED to test it on me again to see how it lasts. Simplicity can be heaven and La Temperance 14 is! Bravo D&G! : )

D&G Anthology LA TEMPERANCE is a sweet, somewhat floriental fragrance which seems more geared toward ladies than gents. The musk here is clean and resinous, not sweaty or foggy, so the overall effect is more oriental, especially with the sweetness. I am reminded a tiny bit of those foil-wrapped dark chocolate oranges which come divided in individual slices--which is pretty interesting given that neither chocolate nor orange is listed among the notes!

I do not smell the ambrette as ambrette or the iris as iris, but I do think that the composition is pleasant, if familiar. But I should also add that, although the latest members of the Anthology series are not unique relative to what is already available on the market, they are distinct relative to the other members of the series. No redundancies so far, to my nose. I like how D&G is trying to cover all sectors of the olfactory map, one sector at a time with these medium quality, moderately priced fragrances.

LA TEMPERANCE smells pretty nice, not too artificial and not very complex. Similar in some ways to Moschino GLAMOUR and TOUJOURS GLAMOUR. Simple but likeable, although it is pretty sweet, so some guys would find this one out of the question, I think.

SheShe
SheShe

14 smells like chocolate, something between milky/dark chocolate. There isn't a spectacular change of notes, there's monotony in it and the fragrance stays rather close to skin, but it's nice. I see it rather as a whole, not a mix of ingredients, I can sniff amber, iris, abrette seeds though. I wish the fragrance was of a better sillage because it's a good one, pleasant to wear.
Definitely more female than male, L'Imperatrice is sweet & loud, this one is sweet and quiet. Worth trying if you like chocolate smells/flowers floating in chocolate, not 100% gourmand ones. I like it!

Raina
Raina

At first spray and in the bottle this smells like a delicious orange creamsicle atop freshly sliced mandarin orange. As it dries down this wonderful creamy fruit dissapears completely and turns into a amber accented by a soft floral, only to fade into a warm amber. Great for those who are looking for and love amber specifically.

caydesugar
caydesugar

this is really nice! it's quite sugary and it reminds me of the way Viva La Juicy smells! the two don't smell the same but it evokes the same kind of feeling... if that makes sense! This is a super lovely scent!

Aroussa
Aroussa

I tested this yesterday and have to say I agree with Mercurial. Nothing special!

Mercurial_Harpy
Mercurial_Harpy

I waited months for this and I have so say I am SO disappointed. :( Given that everyone has different chemistry, to me this ended up smelling like your average vanilla musk you can get at Bath and Body Works. No complexity, no layers, no fun. Then again, I have not been impressed with the entire D&G line, so maybe it's just me.

Ebonylove
Ebonylove

If only the fragrances in the anthology wre long lasting. sigh

antonpan
antonpan

Among other Anthology scents this one is closer to L'Imperatrice. It is delicately sweet and fruity, but more musky and less juicy than the previous fragrance. I do not feel any iris (at least in its traditional interpretation), but there is a dominant fruity note here... For me it is lemon or even lime! But not spicy or sour or bitter, but sugary and lovely. La Temperance is well composed, it has everything to become as popular as L'Imperatrice. Unfortunately, longevity is not good as well as sillage (this is typical of musky scents).

ritacatita
ritacatita

Testing: adorable iris, but...disappears very quickly.

LaPetite
LaPetite

I was at the perfume shop today , (i go to perfume shop every week , not always to buy , just to test , watch ...) and i was so excited to see at last they had La Temperence , so i tested it , and i was like "Is that all ?" , it's just one ok ,nice fruity (though no fruity notes are listed it is found it fruity), gentle scent .
A typical office wear frag i feel neutral about it . I like La Roue de Fortune and La Lune much more.

beatrix75
beatrix75

i feel a lot of orange????very strange!!!!!

Minnija
Minnija

it smell like warm chocolate, but still here is fresh notes too :)

alicerombi
alicerombi

I love It...It's sweet in a very soft and gentle way. Only negative thing, on my skin the perfume doesn't last long time. I use to wear L'imperatirce, but now I think i'll switch to La Temperance!!

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Yes D&G have made good work of the Anthology so far.
A heavy floral on a earthy base is just what I expect from La Temperance

D&G Anthology La Temperance 14 by Dolce&Gabbana 3.69 out of 5 based on 169 ratings and 37 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Dolce&Gabbana D&G Anthology La Temperance 14 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Dolce&Gabbana D&G Anthology La Temperance 14, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify D&G Anthology La Temperance 14 by Dolce&Gabbana. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of D&G Anthology La Temperance 14 by Dolce&Gabbana represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.